[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /ck/, how do I learn to like coffee? I don't like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

Alright /ck/, how do I learn to like coffee? I don't like being that guy in the group who orders a coke in the morning. Is there any particular thing I should start with, or look out for, or avoid? What about flavoured coffees, and milk/cream/sugar?
>>
Bump for interest. I hate the taste of coffee
>>
>>7038309
Start with a flat white or latte with two sugars. if thats too much sugar decrease. Once you've done it a few times move to one sugar and then eventually none. Once you've done that for a while move onto long black or americano if you're a pleb
>>
>>7038309

Drink tea instead
>>
Don't be afraid to drink flavored coffees or to drown your coffee in milk and sugar. You have to start somewhere.

If you dislike bitterness, make sure to buy "smooth" coffee. Using an Aeropress also helps with making coffee much smoother.
>>7038331
Your gonna bring the waterfags, asshole.
>>
>>7038309
That image just proves how retarded stock photography is.

>Those delicious sticks of raw cinnamon to eat with your coffee, cause that's totally a thing now.

The fact you're ordering a coffee rather than a coke means no one should coffee snob you from that point, unless they're a hipster anyway.
>>
> who orders a coke in the morning.
>>
>>7038363
Yeah? I'm sure as hell not going to grab a beer in the morning.
>>
I started with mochas and other sweet coffees and eventually the taste just grew on me.
>>
>>7038309
Start with mocha and flavoured coffee, move to coffee with lots of sugar and milk such as cappuccino or latte. Eventually drink espresso and watch womens knees quiver at you sophistication.

And remember, no cappuccino after 11am.
>>
File: 1446406358450.jpg (351KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1446406358450.jpg
351KB, 1200x900px
>>7038309
don't drink it quickly. add 2 sugars if you can't bear the taste but eventually you will get sick of sugar. if you feel compelled to put milk in it just buy ice coffee desu senpai
>>
>>7038368
pussy
>>
I really like that Gevalia coffee. That and aeropress, I don't even need any sugar. Get aeropress though. Or french press. Regular coffee machines eventually makes coffee taste bitter even after you clean it a bunch.
>>
>>7038309
Start with drinking cappuccino
>>
There's some amaretto flavoured instant coffee that you can get which is delicious. Drink that with whole milk or cream, you won't need sugar. Start there
>>
Man up and drink it black. You'll learn to like it
>>
>>7038309
Its really an adquired taste. Not much help on actually drinking it as my dad groomed me from a young age to like coffee and wine. But when I started drinking it without sugar I just stopped using it then like two weeks later coffee with sugar made me literaly gag
>>
>>7038541
If you need sugar in your coffee you dont really like coffee and might aswell drink something else.
>>
drink high quality coffee, none of that folgers or maxwell house crap.
>>
>>7038504
Does it stain your teeth?
>>
>>7038575
could have been just a shit coffee
>>
>>7038339

>not ordering your coffee with beans scattered loosely on the table
>not getting your coffee served to you on an untidily folded piece of sack
>>
>>7038575
>>7038679
you didnt understand, it was coffee WITH sugar that made and still does make me gag
>>
>>7038705
doesn't refute >>7038679 at all
>>
>>7038709
it wasn't, it's every coffee I've had that had sugar on it since then, mostly happens when the coffee machine in my uni fucks up and puts sugar anyway
>>
>>7038716
when you mix coffee and sugar you dont gat coffee taste+sugar taste, it's like thy mix to create a new flavour, it's that that sickens me
>>
>>7038440
stop talking about things you don't understand
>>
File: P1030372-adjusted.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
P1030372-adjusted.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
>Is there any particular thing I should start with, or look out for, or avoid?

Stay away from coffee that comes from a can or some sort of round container. (Only exception being a tightly sealed can containing coffee beans.)

>What about flavoured coffees

Chances are you will have a bad reaction to the bitter taste of black coffee. Flavored coffee is still bitter and it won't taste like hazelnut no matter what the can or bag tells you.

>milk/cream/sugar

The pleb thing to do with your coffee unless you're having an espresso-based drink: latte, cappuccino, mocha, flat white, etc.

There's a likelihood that other people in your group will do this too. Be ready for a good sugar crash if sweeten.
>>
Everytime I drink coffee I get a bloated stomach, endless gas, and diarrhea.

feels sad manilow
>>
>>7038890
same minus diarrhea
>>
>>7038336
This.

The Aeropress is so based and costs around $20. Better than a moka pot or french press and so easy to clean.
>>
File: 1428774801613.gif (346KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1428774801613.gif
346KB, 400x300px
Hey OP, if you don't like it you don't have to force yourself.

That being said, I forced myself to drink black coffee so I could stay up and play videogames as a kid,, so before I knew it, I started liking it.
>>
File: giphy (4).gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (4).gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>7038504
*sips fedora*
>>
>>7038309
Not everybody likes coffee. Personally for hot drinks, I prefer english breakfast tea with some milk. Nice and mellow, plus it doesn't give me the shits or make me hyper.

I like my coffee cold with milk and sugar. Typically the stuff they sell at cafes or whatever as 'iced coffee' is pretty decent. Starbucks plain iced coffee isn't bad either.

Hot coffee can be really bitter and gross. Order a latte which is like 50% milk and typically not too bitter, add sugar if needed.

I would avoid instant coffee or bad coffee from diners, etc. as they tend to taste like shit
>>
File: coffee.gif (441KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.gif
441KB, 300x100px
>>7038575
I agree, and I think that applies to shit coffee too. If I make a french press way too strong or I happen to have cream that needs to be used, I'll add a dash of milk or cream, but I've never added sugar to coffee. I wanna try Middle Eastern style coffee with sugar and cardamom though.
>>
Try brewing it pour-over or French press style.
>>
File: 1444939405583.png (93KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1444939405583.png
93KB, 645x773px
>>7039168
>metal camping mugs and steaming hot fresh brewed black coffee
this is my fetish
>>
>>7038591
like?
>>
just keep drinking it. you'll either develop a taste for it or you'll become addicted and get withdrawals when you don't drink it, in which you'll develop stockholm syndrome and learn to like it. ;^)
if you need training wheels, like cream and sugar, for a while that's fine too.
>>
You like it or you don't, you don't "learn" to like it

I used to hate the lattes my mom would sometimes let me take sips of when I was younger, tasted awful, never wanted to drink coffee, never did

Got to college, had some coffee there just for the hell of it, absolutely loved it, no learning process needed
>>
>>7038309

>i don't like being that guy in the group who orders a coke in the morning

What in the actual fuck are you talking about, OP?
>>
>>7039877
>you don't "learn" to like it
but that's just not true. especially for coffee
>>
>>7039893
Except it is

Do you think your body is seriously simplistic as "if I try it enough times, I"ll magically start appreciating it?"

No, of course not, that's absolutely absurd

I went from not liking coffee at all when I was younger to instantly liking it the first time I had it when I was a young adult

"Learning" to like coffee is just dulling your sense of its taste if anything, not actually appreciating it

Its like how people say beer is an acquired taste, it simply is not, you mature to like more bitter things naturally, and you either genetically like it or don't, you can force yourself to palate it all you want, that's not acquiring a taste as much as it is forcing yourself to palate it
>>
>>7039917
>"if I try it enough times, I"ll magically start appreciating it?"
that's literally how it works desu senpai
>>
>>7039893

signed.

Coffee was shit tier until I started university. I forced myself to drink it, because I wasn't getting enough sleep and wasn't functioning properly, and coffee fixed that.

Now I'm a grade A addict, and probably couldn't stop even if I made a concentrated effort. I genuinely enjoy the taste, although the dose I get in the morning doesn't give me that perk I used to get from drinking it.
>>
>>7039917
>Do you think your body is seriously simplistic as "if I try it enough times, I"ll magically start appreciating it?"

Yes. It really does work that way. I'm not saying that's the only way to appreciate a new food, but that method certainly does work.

I remember reading a blog about two foreigners wanting to eat natto while visiting Japan. They both hated it on their first try, but decided to force themselves to eat some every day. Day one involved vomiting and being unable to finish the entire serving. In the middle of week two they were unable to buy any natto for some reason, and were surprised to find themselves craving it.
>>
>>7039917

>i'm not a picky eater
>it's my genetics

Even worse than obese people.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (233KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
233KB, 1000x1000px
>>7038854
>it won't taste like hazelnut no matter what the can or bag tells you.

Rum coffee actually tastes like rum, though.
>>
>>7038309
Once you go black...
>>
>>7039284
iv heard goats milk is great with coffee
>>
>>7039939
>>7039932

>Yes it really does work that way

That's literally not true

>surprised to find themselves craving it

What absolute nonsense

You're only dulling your sense of something if you force yourself to like it
>>
>>7040309
how does it feel to be completely fundamentally wrong about something?
>>
>>7038336
how does the aeropress impact caffeine content?
I like drip coffee because despite its acidity and bitterness, it allows for inhumane levels of caffeine if u have a cup of coffee from 5 scoops of ground beans.
>>
>>7040348
It doesn't. Don't believe anyone that tells you it makes "near espresso" or a "coffee concentrate"
>>
>>7040369
>>7040348
If you want "smooth" coffee, make cold brew. Please for the love of God do not buy into the AeroPress meme. Just get a regular French Press. Much easier and makes a much better (and stronger) cup.
>>
>>7040317
I don't know, how is it?

Keep wincing while "learning" to "enjoy" your coffee, kid
>>
File: rize.gif (1020KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
rize.gif
1020KB, 500x281px
You guys are all approaching this from the wrong end.
OP, you should try watching gochiusa.
>>
>>7040915

I've been watching this for 5 minutes now.

How much fucking cream is she going to add to that little mug?
>>
>>7041033
japanese people are weird senpai
>>
>>7038309
If you're afraid of looking like a child by ordering a coke while everyone else gets coffee, you should try ordering a nice craft beer. You'll look manly as fuck.

Coffee is for women and hipsters.
>>
>>7038623
Fuck you faggot
>>
>>7041061

Now I'm even more confused by this, "I go somewhere with a group of people for drinks every morning and am pressured into buying something I don't want" deal.

Yeah, a beer first thing in the morning makes more sense than a fucking sugar water...
>>
>>7038309
Artificial cocoa flavor after-taste tastes like coffee to me. So much so as a kid I wouldn't eat chocolate ice cream. I found really good cocoa mix improves the flavor of coffee though. Maybe I'm insane
>>
>>7038575
Go to bed, Gary
>>
>>7038309
Order tea you fuckface.
>>
>>7038504
>used to drink it blacker than anthony burch's wife's preference in dicks in early high school and thought I'm hot shit because of that
>now moved on to tea completely and don't even consider drinking coffee without milk and some sugar
>>
>>7038408
>>7038327
>add sugar if you can't bear the taste
>try americano if you like a latte
>using sugar at all
>implying a long black or americano is better than an espresso shot

Ditch the sugar, I was not a big fan of coffee until I stopped adding sugar to it, same goes for tea. Espresso has a sharp flavour, which is natural since it is a focused hit. I find that watered down version of that just accentuates the bad parts and makes it take longer to drink. So lose the long blacks, try a latte. A good latte too, not one from a gas station, any cafe or decent restaurant will have a proper setup to make a good coffee. The difference is like buying a burger from truck stop and one from a restaurant.
>>
>>7038309
Wtf are those cinnamon sticks even doing there? Just a tasty dry bark treat to nibble on with your coffee and pretend it doesn't get stuck in your throat? Fuck you
>>
>>7041569
Are you retarded?
>>
>>7040391

You are unbelievably retarded.

I drank scotch many times before I started to enjoy it. Now I never don't have a bottle around. Same with beer and coffee for me. Some will like it faster than others, but you can absolutely condition yourself to appreciate something.

The only things that are immediately good in life is pleb shit.
>>
>>7041444
>thought I'm hot shit because of that
>now don't even consider drinking coffee without milk and some sugar
are you 12?
>>
File: coon.jpg (163KB, 600x367px) Image search: [Google]
coon.jpg
163KB, 600x367px
>>7042186
>never don't have a bottle
>always
fixed it for you, Jamal.
>>
File: snapback.gif (2MB, 308x269px) Image search: [Google]
snapback.gif
2MB, 308x269px
>>7041444
trips for this motherfucking dumbass
>>
>>7038890
Try cold brew.
>>
File: img_2519.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
img_2519.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>7038309
Start with pic related and work your way up.
>>
File: sugarintocup.gif (469KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
sugarintocup.gif
469KB, 500x361px
>>7043945
http://www.bolthouse.com/product/mochacappuccino/nutrition
>Sugars 29g

Nigga, that shit has more sugar than two doughnuts.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.