[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can get a 12 pack of Ramen noodles for under $2.50. What are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: large.1.jpg (189KB, 1550x1150px) Image search: [Google]
large.1.jpg
189KB, 1550x1150px
I can get a 12 pack of Ramen noodles for under $2.50. What are some other poor people foods? I've heard beans are necessary to supplement for protein, but canned beans are more expensive than uncooked beans in bags. Campbell's has 53.25 oz Pork and Beans for $2.38. Help me slum it /ck/. Give me some ideas besides a better job.
>>
Go to a food bank and eat for free. Why is this never mentioned in these threads? Anybody can go to a food bank. They will give you more food than you can eat, and it will be nutritious as well. Just remember that some of the produce will be getting ready to spoil so cook or freeze. This advice is for Americans only though. I don't know if other countries feed their hungry.
>>
>>7038205
your mom feeds me every night m8
>>
>>7038207
Do you have food banks in your country?
>>
>>7038185
Sacks of potatoes.
Bags of Rice (try to get brown if possible as the whole grain has more fiber = more filling so you can get more servings and stretch it out longer)
Whole Wheat Pasta and Canned Sauce
Oatmeal
Canned veggies like carrots, peas, and corn are usually less expensive than frozen per oz.
PB&J
If possible spring for whole wheat bread which has half the calories of white slices with 2-3X fiber
Bake your own desserts. 95% of recipes = bags of sugar and flour which are cheap and you can substitute apple sauce for expensive eggs as your binding agent, cheap margarine or vegetable oil for your fat instead of butter, and water for milk as your liquid, which yields more products on a per pound basis than buying prepackaged things like Twinkies, Oreos, or Candy

Obscenely expensive items you should stay away from are:
Candy/Snacks like chips/crackers
Cereal (and by extension milk)
Meat & Cheese
Fresh Fruit/Veggies
>>
File: smegma.jpg (25KB, 343x464px) Image search: [Google]
smegma.jpg
25KB, 343x464px
>>7038213
All of these items and more are absolutely free to anyone who gets off their ass and goes down to the food bank. Seriously is this board like 90% bots and shills? I guess I am the one taking the bait by posting in here. Oh well, hahaha anon we trolled you hard. All that aside if you're hungry in America there is free food everywhere just waiting for you to claim it before they ship it off to become feed or compost. But here is a can of smegma to spread on your toast.
>>
Sardines and potted meat
>>
>>7038185
Lentils are a good alternative to beans. Same benefits, but dried lentils cook relatively quickly, with no presoaking.

Cheap veggies (per unit weight) tend to be the ones that keep a relatively long time, like onions, carrots, cabbage (the dense style).
>>
1. Buy green onions (scallions)
2. Slice, use in food
3. Save whole bulbs
4. Place bulbs in glass of water
5. It sprouts
6. Use it, repeat

Scallions forever.
>>
I get 5lbs. of good rice from the Asian store for $10, and I could get 15lbs. for a touch over $20 if I wanted (I don't have a container big enough tho). My rice cooker comes with a steamer, so I buy whatever veggies fresh or frozen I can find on a good deal, steam them while I'm making rice, and I have a cheap and tasty vegetarian meal in like 30 minutes with zero effort. Add in a can of beans (or make your own if you have a crock pot) and you're good to go.
>>
>>7038213

>Meat
>Fresh Veggies

In the UK at least these are not always that expensive. I know the USA has strange tax laws on vegetables.

Admittedly meat will rely on you finding a good butcher so you can buy the cheaper cuts without them being complete shit.

Obviously also any dried pulse is going to be worthwhile.
>>
File: images.jpg (16KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 260x194px
>>7038185
You have the right idea with your pic, but step your game up a bit.
Pic related will cost about 75 cents more per meal, but it's worth it and you'll never look back
>>
Family sized potato chips/doritos bag, literally a day's worth of food in a bag. Like 2,500 calories to be exact. I think they cost like $4 at most.

Not healthy but you won't die of hunger so better than nothing I guess. I think vomit chan posted the nutrition thingie, I think I saw like 20 grams of protein too.
>>
>>7039165
what do you store it in? i want to start bulk buying things such as flour and rice but dont really have an idea about airtight containers
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.