[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sushi: an expensive meal which is unfilling and doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1446321865775.jpg (28KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
1446321865775.jpg
28KB, 604x438px
Sushi: an expensive meal which is unfilling and doesn't taste that great
>>
>unfilling

dafuq you talking about? Sushi is full of rice. It's absolutely bloating.
>>
File: _20151024_204343.jpg (51KB, 720x783px) Image search: [Google]
_20151024_204343.jpg
51KB, 720x783px
http://strawpoll.me/5897029
>>
>>7033515
sushi's not that expensive if you make it yourself in bulk
>>
>>7033531
neither
it's tasty and tender
>>
It can be cheap and filling but cheap sushi taste like ass. It's all about the taste experience, bud.
>>
>>7033534

You can't make it in bulk, it doesn't keep at all, it's inedible after like 4 hours in the fridge
>>
I love sushi but I can't tell you why I like it. Its literally tasteless mushy flesh over rice. But its fucking great I tell ya hwat
>>
>>7033555
By bulk I mean making a large serving or storing the raw materials as long as possible, but my dad was a sushi chef when I was a kid and it always tasted fine when he had leftovers from the previous night.
>>
Sushie is literally normie: the food.
If you enjoy this yuppie tripe you shouldn't be on the chon.
>>
I like the taste of fish
I also happen to like the taste of sushi rice
Why you gotta hate
>>
>>7033515
Maybe in your country. I'm in Japan right now and the left over half price sushi from the supermarket is better than most restaurants in my country.

Also as cheap filling portable lunch I make kanikama rolls and you can wrap them and leave them out of the refrigerator and they will still be fine 10 hours latter.
>>
>>7033515
What an uninformed opinion. Have you considered killing yourself lately?
>>
I hate sushi. I want to like it, and I've tried on many occasions to like it from good Japanese sushi places (none of that Korean owned shit, lel)

I don't know why but I find it impossible to enjoy, and I enjoy almost every type of food. It's just raw fucking fish on sticky rice. The fish doesn't taste "fishy" because it's fresh but it have no flavor. But the nasty coldness and texture of the food makes it unpalatable. Wasabi doesn't help either
>>
>>7034165

i only like americanized to shit sushi. Sauces are a very powerful thing but even then I feel robbed when I buy sushi. 15 bucks for a roll that will not even dent my hunger.

Sushi buffet is the way to go
>>
>>7033515
Sushi doesn't taste good unless you have access to quality fresh fish
>>
here you go sir, 35.67 for your 3 rolls of avocado stuffed rice. don't forget to tip
>>
>>7034188
Where the hell is this that you pay $15 a roll??
>>
>>7034232
The sushi (Korean though) where I'm at is $2.5-5 dollars though.
>>
>>7034251

I live in central california. Cheapest place is 10 with some change for a pretty basic roll.

Meanwhile, the sushi buffet is 10 for all i can eat that is only like 2 levels worst than the other stuff so i dont see the point in going elsewhere.
>>
I wish poor, fat people would stay off this board.
>>
I remember me, my dad, and the ceo of the company he worked for went out for sushi. 500 bucks later I felt like I was going to explode. The expensive stuff is well worth it.
>>
I once got filled up by sushi.
It was when I was sitting around in front of a sushi store and the cook gave us a fuckload of leftover stuff after closing the restaurant.

Was pretty good.
>>
Sushi is absolutely filling. Me and my wife can go out for sushi and get 4 rolls for like $35 that fills up both of us.
>>
There's an all you can eat place I go to that has $15 lunch.

It's pretty rad.
>>
>>7034165
There's a higher tier with chef-applied citrus sauces that vary depending on the type of fish and where the rice and fish are hand-warmed before serving, it's somewhat of a step up but a complete nightmare to find in the United States.
>>
>>7034496
Poor fat people looking to eat proper home cooked healthy meals are kind of the best demographic tho
>>
>>7033515

tastes great, but I'd get rude looks if I ate enough of it to get properly full, not to mention the crippling debt I'd be burdened with. Nice for a snack though.
>>
>>7034120
Not OP but yeah i think about it daily
>>
>>7033515
b8
>>
>>7034496

>I'm a faggot who overpays for rice

>>>/lgbt/ please
>>
The sushi restaurant in my town does $1 sushi night. They have a menu where every item is only a dollar. So much sushi, so little time
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.