[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Chipotle uses all natural ingredients! It's good for you!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 7

File: chipotle.jpg (165KB, 1149x632px) Image search: [Google]
chipotle.jpg
165KB, 1149x632px
>Chipotle uses all natural ingredients! It's good for you!
>>
that's a lot more than 40 pounds

those fucking fatasses have much bigger problems than chipotle
>>
>>7032866
Chipotle is burritos right? Whats wrong with advertising naturql ingredients? Its just a marketing stunt. Who eats 2 a week anyway, thats unhealthy as fuck
>>
>>7032866
One of their burritos has like 1,000 calories

You can have that as a meal if you have a small breakfast.
>>
>>7032866
One can easily last you a whole day. Those fatties would probably eat three.
>>
>>7032866
I hate how people dont realise its not chipotle making you fat its sustained intake that exceeds your requirements to function.

Freaking hell its so obvious
>>
I like chipotle, but their marketing is so cringeworthy and dishonest

They are fucking lucky that Qdoba burritos are so much shittier
>>
Chipotle has never marketed their foods as healthy.

I do not know anyone who thinks it is healthy.
>>
>>7032890
There literally is no difference between the two.
>>
>2015
>still making absolutely retarded claims about food and weight gain

fucking hell.
>>
>>7032878
>Whats wrong with advertising natural ingredients
because being natural isn't good, but they have tricked a lot of uneducated people that being natural is a quality statement

Its amazing how many terrible people have bought on to the natural/anti-gmo/anti-vaccine philosophy that chipotle panders to
>>
>>7032895
I wish this was true, Qdoba is much closer to my work and I go once in a while and every time I am disappointed in how its not as good as chipotle
>>
>>7032866
The fuck? They never say its good for you. Only subway pulled that shit
>>
>>7032898
I assume what it's saying is that if the average person eating their TDEE + two burritos a week they would gain around 40 pounds.

If they only ate two burritos a week and nothing else, they would probably not be around for a year.
>>
>>7032901
Yes because that one Qdoba by your workplace is reflective of the entire chain. I hope you're not this much of a retard at your job or else people would probably get hurt.
>>
>>7032899
Are you really blaming Chipotle marketing for retarded people buying into fancy words?
>>
>>7032912
I am definitely only basing it on franchises near me, about 4 Qdoba and 3 Chipotles, and they are consistent from location to location

Sure its plausible this is untrue in other regions, but I have no reason to suspect that
>>
>>7032920
>4 Qdobas and 3 Chipotles near me
Jesus Christ your region must be fat as shit.
>>
>>7032917
Its hurting, but obviously not the primary cause. The problem it is so dishonest, and anytime when corporations pander to anti-science causes it bothers me (but not enough to get me to stop eating there)
>>
>>7032866
These adds are so stupid.
>>
>>7032886
>F****ing
Please don't curse, thus is a blue board after all
>>
>>7032926
I don't see how it is in any way dishonest since they don't make any false claims. If anything, they're probably stretching the "locally-sourced" part, but it's just consumers being complete retards unable to comprehend positive connotations and actual balanced eating.
>>
>>7032866

The reason people are blimping out while eating chipotle is because they are retarded.

If your TDEE is 2500 you're not going to get fat from having a burrito two or three times a week.

If you're a coma patient with a TDEE of 900 or something then yeah, eating chipolte probably isn't the best idea, but you've got bigger problems.
>>
>>7032937
>I don't see how it is in any way dishonest since they don't make any false claims
They are implying that being natural is good. This is inherently dishonest
http://gizmodo.com/chipotles-anti-gmo-stance-is-some-pandering-bullshit-1700437048
>>
>>7032940
Again, you're misinterpreting positive connotations with "healthy" food. And in the strictest terms, they are not serving GMO products as the animals themselves are not subject to modification. But then again who really gives a shit about GMOs, oh wait, the people that think Chipotle is healthy because it's "all-natural" and "organic".
>>
>>7032956
>they are not serving GMO products as the animals themselves are not subject to modification.
They made a big deal about publicizing their switch to non-GMO crops (though conveniently left out how it doesn't apply to the soda, or the diets of the livestock they sell)

It is indefensible, and entrenching the ridiculous belief that science is bad
>>
>>7032866
One burrito has 2000*7/2 kcal?
>>
>>7032866
I usually get brown rice and chicken only, thats good right?
>>
>Called chipotle
>not items with chipotle in them
>>
>>7032899
You cant blame chipotle when theyre in ot for the money, the food they make isnt even super unhealthy. Like you said the problem lies within the education system
>>
>>7032999
When you spend lots of money tricking people into thinking not have scary chemicals and GMO is good, you are part of the problem

Why should I give them a free pass just because tricking people is in their best interest?
>>
>>7032996

Isn't their marinade a chipotle/adobo base?
>>
>>7032996
Thy have chipotle tobasco, you can put as much as you want on (and you should)
>>
>>7032996
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>7032924
>surprised about 4 Qdobas and 3 Chipotles

What's it like living in a small Midwestern town?
>>
>>7033011
Im not sure to the extent chipotle advertises as im not american but even with say mcdonalds advertising their beef as 100% angus in Australia for many years you would have to be a fool to think its healthy. Again The problem is with education system especially since these corporations are making no false claims. Also seriously who eats fast food frequently from the same franchise without fear of getting fat?
>>
>>7033048
They are claiming removing GMO's is good, which is objectively false (also they didn't really remove GMOs as they only removed it from the veggies in their burritos, not from their other products, so its false in that way too)

I'm not the OP, its ridiculous to blame chipotle for getting you fat, I am just upset that they have the pandering anti-science bullshit
>>
>people too fucking stupid to not regulate the amount of food they eat to not gain copious amounts of fat
Literally not worth keeping alive
>>
File: phd.jpg (44KB, 350x223px) Image search: [Google]
phd.jpg
44KB, 350x223px
>>7032866
>using such specific numbers to make your point
>implying that calories in vs calories out only works when you eat a low cal diet
>implying you couldn't eat a 1500 calorie burrito every day and still lose weight

That info graphic is logically unsound (and also fucking retarded).
>>
>>7033044
I live in New Jersey. Only 1 of each near me. Sorry your town is so fat you need multiple locations because some are too far for the fatties.
>>
>>7033053
Man the gmo debate is comical to me, it makes no sense for gmos to be bad and people believe an ad sinve they never learned what gmo actually means and are scared of the unknown (and abbreviated). Still not chipotles fault but they shouldnt do it although im im indifferent to it
>>
>>7033068
I was counting the ones near me, near where I work and near where I lived in college

Currently I only have 1 chipotle in walking distance (in college I had 1 chipotle and 2 qdoba), and at work I only have a Qdoba unfortunately
>>
energy in, energy out, its that simple
>>
>>7033085
But muh excerise is hard and wonky metabolism
>>
>>7033085
But how do I know when to stop eating if my brain doesn't tell me I'm full?
>>
>>7033118
exercise actually is so fucking boring though
>>
>>7033122
Put on headphones and listen to a podcast or something
>>
>>7033122
Watch out guys we have a landwhale stalking the thread.
>>
>>7032893
This. They have a calorie calculator on their website even. Chipotle isn't even bad for you, but these people probably shove the burrito down their gullet with a large soda and then just sit around at home in front of a tv.
Chipotle is fine for you, a sedentary lifestyle is the real culprit, but of course fatties won't take responsibility for their poor life choices and just want to point fingers
>>
What thei fuck that's only 2500 calories a week if you were to eat only two burritos, that's fucking nothing.
>>
File: giphy-7.gif (402KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-7.gif
402KB, 500x375px
>go there
>get a veggie burrito bowl and a kids chip
>eat half of bowl
>eat other half next day for lunch
>all for less than 800 calories total for all of it

Fatties are just stupid
>>
>>7032899
Anti gmo is for a reason. The entire town of Spokane Washington is suing the agrichemical giant, Monsanto, hundreds of cases have been filed for the link recently discovered between non-hodgkins lymphoma and Glysophate, the active ingredient in Roundup. Pesticide is poison. There's no way to make it safe. Common sense.

That being said I only eat at Chipotle if I'm absolutely desperate. I've worked food service for years. Poor health choice aside I don't let anyone prepare my food, especially low wage workers that are likely high as fuck.
>>
>>7035572
Wake me up when the moonbat libs win the suit.
>>
>>7033044

>thinks we have chipolte and qdobas in small Midwest towns

Nigger, not even. You coasties are some ignorant bastards.
>>
>>7035572
Soon I hope, all though of course... When money is involved they just try to pay people off. I hope over the next 10 years or so organic just becomes standard again. Tired of paying out the ass for vegetables just so they don't taste like rubber and give me cancer.
>>
File: 1350748070294.jpg (57KB, 720x437px) Image search: [Google]
1350748070294.jpg
57KB, 720x437px
>>7032866
Wow, you mean if I eat above my daily recommended caloric intake, I will gain weight? Thanks OP, I don't know what I would do without you.

You fucking retard.
>>
>>7032866
What is in those burritos? If it's stuffed with guacamole and sour cream of course it's going to be high calorie.
>>
>>7035848

It depends on what you ask for. Guac and sour cream are both optional extras. Sour cream is free, Guac costs extra.

The main reason why they're high calorie is simply because they're huge. It's a large amount of food.
>>
>>7035572
they studied wasn't complete and only a reviewed a portion of other studies

a more complete review was done and found no link
>>
How has this not been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlIHDauX3ao
>>
>>7035878
That's true. But you can still always get lower calorie options and eat half the meal at a time, like other anons have said.
>>
>>7036223
Of course. I wasn't knocking Chipotle, I was simply explaining where the calories come from.
>>
>>7032866
I don't even like shitpolte but that image is retarded

What is portion control?

>I'm too stupid to inquire about caloric intake please big government protect us!
>>
chipotle is owned by mcdonalds guys, why would anyone consider it a healthy option is beyond me.
>>
>>7036686
They sold chipotle.
>>
>>7032866
>chipotle serves e.coli
>hipsters defend them

If they didn't source their natural ingredients from shit skin state like California then this wouldn't have happened
>>
>>7032924
I live in Ohio, there is a Chipotlesroughly every 2 miles down the road
>>
>>7032866
Just don't eat two a week you brainless shitlord
>>
>>7035572
>link recently discovered between non-hodgkins lymphoma and Glysophate, the active ingredient in Roundup
This is only relevant to agriculture workers, there is not a significant amount of the chemical in your burrito
>>
>>7032866
you can easily eat two burritos a week if you balance your calories and exercise. these fat fucks probably ate 4000+ a day
>>
>>7032866
What the fuck kind of claim is that?
>>
>>7032895

Chipotle has passable hot sauce. That's it though
>>
File: chipotle.png (2MB, 1149x632px) Image search: [Google]
chipotle.png
2MB, 1149x632px
What's the deal with this area here? Disgusts the hell out of me. Why does the fat form an extra roll here instead of just, I dunno, joining the stomach?
>>
>>7035572

>Anti gmo is for a reason

>Pesticide is poison

I'm sorry I think I'm misinterpreting what you're saying. because what it looks like your saying is that GMO is connected to increased use of pesticides which is the direct oposite of the truth.
>>
>>7036897
chipotle has much better meat

and however they assemble the burritos results in a better distribution. It seems like whenever I get Qdoba all the ingredients are in there in giant blobs while at chipotle its all pretty well mixed

also chipotle tobasco sauce
>>
If you work out a lot and eat Chipotle it would actually get you fit. However if you're a fattie and just eat it and sit around you will get fat as shit
>>
>>7032866
I eat about 2 a week, but when I eat one I usually don't eat anything else besides some oatmeal.
>>
>>7036899
People have to bend somewhere. lean forward and that's a natural place in the body for muscle or fat to form.
>>
Incorrect, the real culprit of the calories is sour cream and cheese. The burritos are fairly clean food otherwise. Also it doesn't matter how "healthy" something is, energy is fucking energy. You don't use the energy of COURSE you're going to get fat, cause and effect.
>>
>>7032866
Who the fuck thinks chipotle is good for you? Literally never heard anyone say or think that
>>
>>7032866
that image is stupid, i'm 6'2" and exercise 5/7 days per week. i eat a lot of high calorie foods. i could probably eat two of those burritos per day without a weight change.

the ingredients seem healthy enough, just because you eat too much doesn't mean the food is unhealthy. this is why people think everything has to be low calorie when that's probably one of the worst things to do for maintaining a proper long term diet.
>>
>>7032874
Well, it's 40 pounds in a year. Presumably they've been eating that many since 1993.
>>
>>7037023
This.

I'm 5'6 and weigh 265 pounds (all muscle) and I exercise every time I work. I don't even need to go to a gym because I lift so much at work (I stock at Sam's Club). I eat Chipotle 5 times a week sometimes twice a day (lunch and dinner, sometimes brunch) and the only 40 pounds I gained was pure gain I made into muscle.
>>
>>7032971
Your math is shit.

Gain 40 pounds in a year = (40*3500=)140000 excess calories in (52*2=)104 burritos = 1346 calories per burrito.
>>
>>7032866
>buy 3000 calories of something
>gain weight
This is bullshit! it's all natural!

these are the same people dumb enough to die of water intoxication or oxygen poisoning.
>>
How the fuck do you get to a >1000 calorie burrito anyway? Do they just pile on the cheese & sour cream?
>>
I used to like Chipotle
always got the carnitas
then they stopped cooking it fully
switched to chicken
they stopped cooking that shit too
I DON'T LIKE RAW FOOD YOU FUCKING RETARDS
fuck that place now

also
>what is control/basic calorie knowledge/exercise
I can eat much worse than 2 burritos a week and be just as healthy as usual
>>
>>7037614
The rice adds a fuckton of calories, also the tortillas themselves are usually around 500.
>>
>>7037614
a big mac with medium fries is just over 1000 calories, not that surprising considering those burritos are massive and contain calorie dense ingredients, including the tortilla.
>>
I refuse to believe that two burritos a week is enough to put on 40 pounds in a year. Those would have to be mondo burritos, the kind anyone with half a brain knows are a sometimes food, and not a twice a week thing.
>>
>>7037759
They probably mean 2 burritos on top of the calories necessary to offset basal metabolism.

At 1000 kcal / b, where b is burrito, assuming 3500 kcal = 1 lb, then (2 b/week * 52week/year * 1000 kcal/b)/ (3500 kcal/lb) = 29.71 lb/year.

Then just round up to 40.

Pretty stupid to assume the burrito is entirely extra calories though. It's not like people eat burritos as a midnight snack.
>>
>>7036972
energy from carbs is more available and easier to use than energy from fats or sugars
>>
File: 8Dgt3E6.jpg (1MB, 2186x5167px) Image search: [Google]
8Dgt3E6.jpg
1MB, 2186x5167px
>>7037647
also pic related

Chipotle is managed by a bunch of idiots who got lucky that their marketing hit a few right notes.

Less sanitary than a fucking Taco Bell. Think about that.
>>
>>7032890
Are you autistic, or do you just not understand what cringing means? Maybe you're just plain stupid.
>>
>>7032924
Dude, wtf. I live near DC and there is only 2 chipotles within 5 miles of me, and only 1 qdoba. Is this why america is so fat? Is this why Northern VA is, so far, immune to the fat pandering?
>>
>>7038597
Hell, I'd even say 10 miles.
>>
>>7032866
If I eat two Chipotle burritos in a day I'm going to shit out everything I had that month. So if that's how their weight loss system is supposed to work, I can't disagree.
>>
>>7038319
Maybe you don't.
>>
>>7032866
>1500 calories
>alot

mother fucker, i could eat 3 of those a day and still gain nothing. Its called exercise faggot.

>>7032882
>this is what lethargic fucks believe

eating a chipoltle burrito is like eating a papa johns veggie pizza. Its carbs fat and protein. you can eat the whole damn thing and still eat healthy

Its rice, beans, veggies, guacamole, and cilantro in a wheat wrap. Just imagine eating all those things separately. "oh wow so healthy much nutrition" Combine them all together and suddenly "zomg so unhealthy eating out is so bad 4 u".

People that complain about this shit are the fucking worst.
>>
>>7038971
It's mostly the added dairy that bumps up the calories
>>
>>7038980
the dairy is equal to the guac in regards to fat content. The only difference is that the guacamole is a "good fat". Cheese is fine if you arent a fatass.
>>
Hahahaha, fucking dumbest thing I've read ALL YEAR!
Duuuuuhhh, if you eat excess calories you will get fat!! It must be Chipotles fault!!

I can't control my own food intake so I blame it on others!!
>>
There is absolutely nothing intrinsically wrong with GMOs, but I'm super wary of big agribusiness in general because they're horrible companies in general and I don't have much reason to really trust that they're being forthright with scientific data about the health/environmental impact (not to mention social) of their products.

I voted no on the CA prop for GMO labeling back in like '13, but in retrospect I realized that buying into the argument that the was just a scare tactic was an incredibly myopic point of view. Consumers should be empowered to make informed decisions with their consumption in all regards, and a lack of transparency only benefits capital interests in the end. If someone doesn't want to buy Monsanto-based crops (and personally I don't even if just because of how badly they screw over farmers) then that's their prerogative.
>>
>>7032866
It's good for bigass brunch if plan to have a light dinner.
In a sense it is healthy if you break it down. it just that it's a shit load of food to eat.
So it's more of portion/calories that makes you a tub of lard. But it's good fuel
>>
Yeah, Chipotle is actually pretty acceptably healthy if you're doing it right. Get a salad (which is just a bowl plus extra romaine which is actually very nutrient dense) so you skip out on all the extra calories the gross tortilla adds, get beans and rice and the tofu thing plus corn salsa and pico de gallo and you're golden. Their sauces aren't even very good plus they're loaded with salt, and you can skip out on the sour cream and cheese to avoid lots of extra fat. Romaine, beans, rice, tofu, tomato and corn is not a gross meal by any stretch of the imagination. Plus their meat is bad anyway and makes my inner San Diegan cry.
>>
That image is incredibly misleading. Two 1000 calorie burritos a week are not going to make me put on a single pound. In fact I could easily lose weight doing that.
>>
I doubt many people are stupid enough to think youcan't gain weight from natural ingredients. My gf lost a good 50 pounds counting calories and eating Chipotle burrito bowls 3-4 times a week.
>>
File: 1427011249203.gif (472KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
1427011249203.gif
472KB, 450x320px
anyone here know how to mimic a chipotle recipe? specifically, their steak.

honest to god i used to be so hard core addicted that i started running scams to get free coupons cuz i couldn't afford to eat there. i have racked up over 1000 dollars in debt from eating at chipotle, cuz i HAVE to get the double steak burito wtih guacamole every god damn time

how do i recreate the recipe? google says to just use canned adobo peppers, but i did that and it didnt taste remotely the same to me.
>>
>>7032956

i think the bigger issue is people assuming healthy = low calorie
>>
>>7037748
Not even in American portions is BMac with Med fries 1k calories, idiot.
>>
>>7037651
It would take a 10" plate to fit half a cup of rice once cooked, and that's 400 calories if they decide to put some sort of fat in. You aren't getting anywhere near that much in a burrito.

Their website says the rice and tortilla together are 510.
A steak burrito with white rice, black beans, sour cream, cheese, and the entire order of chips is 1605 calories. Half of this comes from the last three ingredients, which are also the least filling. If you're getting that twice a week, you deserve to put on forty pounds a year.
The easiest way to meet your weight goals, whether that's losing, gaining, or maintaining weight, is to count calories, and the easiest way to do that is to make your own food so that you know exactly what's going into your mouth.
>>
I ate Chipotle for like 2/3 years at Uni and I actually lost weight. I would make it last two meals and never drank sugar drinks. It's all about how you portion your food.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.