[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

al/ck/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 33

File: 695027.png (37KB, 556x402px) Image search: [Google]
695027.png
37KB, 556x402px
>8:22AM
>>
File: 098097969578 (242).png (75KB, 284x375px) Image search: [Google]
098097969578 (242).png
75KB, 284x375px
First night sober in a 13 days. I'm really glad I didn't drink, and I hope I can hold on to it for a while. I rarely last long.
>>
So /ck/ how do you know when you're an alcoholic?
I drink 2-3 beers every night after work and I don't think much of it. I can go without them but it's part of my after-work ritual.
Am I an alcoholic?
>>
>>7026366
Me too anon, me too. Lastnight was the first night I got in 5 hours of sleep. tomorrow is Halloween though and that's another reason to drink.
>>
>>7026371
No, an al/ck/ is someone who needs it to stop shaking and feel somewhat okay. You wake up and crack one open. Your body depends on it to live.
>>
>>7026371

>i can go without them

That's how you know.

It's a physical addiction, and as much as it creeps up on you, you know you have a problem long before you will typically let it get worse.

>admitting you have a problem and whatnot
>>
>>7026360

>tfw timing my trips to the store so that by the time I'm there, it's 7:00 and you can legal sell alcohol.

I hate that stupid fucking law.
>>
File: 098097969578 (241).png (109KB, 452x363px) Image search: [Google]
098097969578 (241).png
109KB, 452x363px
>>7026375
>>7026379
I'm a different type of alcoholic. I don't have the physical addiction, but when I drink I cannot stop until I pass out. And I ALWAYS drink to blackout. I drink almost every night. For me it's more psychological reasons that make me start drinking, and the physical reaction makes me keep drinking. Like they say: One drink is too many and 1,000 is not enough.
>>
>>7026360
7:38 here and already hitting the bottle before I go to work. At 3:30 the booze comes out for our work Halloween party. Am I gonna make it?
>>
>>7026393

>i'm a different type of alcoholic

Give it a few years and you'll realize it's all physical.

Your brain will be shooting ridiculous shit throughout the rest of your body, giving you bad images if you close your eyes, and hands that are so shaky they can barely type, let alone drive a car.

On the other hand, your stomach and whatever important shit on the right side will be telling you that you've poisoned yourself, and we're going to drive knives into your gut for the next few day while all you want to do is have a dt antidote.
>>
>>7026393
I am like you, trying to dry out this year. Drank every night for 8 years to the point of blackout. Never thought I had a physical addiction, could stop cold turkey and no dt's, but then I went dry two months ago, and that giant tarantula above my bed said I was lying to myself.
>>
does drinking 2 40zs a night make me an alki? i been doing this for years and my mom insists in an alcoholic
>>
>>7027176
Probably. If you drink daily your an alcoholic. If you have to put conscious effort into abstaining for a week or so your an alcoholic.
>>
I've been off work all this week so I've been going on a total bender. I have really bad anxiety so when I got out I have to start slamming shots just to get buzzed enough to be able to socialize.
I also haven't been able to keep food down for like 3 days. Thankfully I'm going back to work next week so I can get back into a normal routine and have a reason to stop drinking so much.
>>
>>7027198
guess so then, i have a certain time i have to start and literally cant go more then a day and thats only if im sick oh well.
>>
I hate waking up to find I slept all night in my work clothes.
>>
>>7026360
I've been an off and on alcoholic.
There has been two points in my life (both after bad breakups) where I began drinking daily for months on end.
Interestingly.
As soon as I got over them.
I was able to quit just fine.
The second binge episode started around last November and went till this May.
Since then I probably only have gotten drunk once or twice a month.
But those have also been the only times I've drank. If I'm drinking its to get drunk. Not for the taste.

Having myself a Whiskey Sour right now because It's Friday and I got nothing else to do.
>>
File: goon.png (1MB, 734x950px) Image search: [Google]
goon.png
1MB, 734x950px
>>7026360
6.30am. havent slept yet. dont think i will.

my bed stinks like sour piss after sweating and shaking 2 nights in a row.

going to get more booze at 10am when bottle shop opens. 7yrs drunk and wasted.

couldn't hold a fork today lol. two 3ltr piss bottles under my bed. a cupboard full of these boxes (folded) stacked high and a tone of vodka bottles under my table.
>>
File: 562.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>7027264
terrible story
>>
>>7027198
>If you drink daily your an alcoholic.
That's just not true at all.
>If you have to put conscious effort into abstaining for a week or so your an alcoholic
Also, wrong.
Don't make the guy feel worse off than he is. If you put conscious effort into abstaining because you don't need the extra calories, you're not an alcoholic.

An alcoholic is someone who misses important life events due to alcohol. When drinking becomes your excuse for other things, you have a problem.
>>
>>7026406
>Your brain will be shooting ridiculous shit throughout the rest of your body, giving you bad images if you close your eyes, and hands that are so shaky they can barely type, let alone drive a car.

I had this in like 3 days of drinking vodka morning-night (mind you I was drinking every other day with 1 week off every now and then for months prior). Drank a 750 mler in a night, woke up and bought more, drank 375ml at work, got another 375 mler and then promised id quit

Never thought id drink at work, let alone that fucking much of vodka (like 5 months ago that'd have knocked me out)

I guess point of this post is how short a duration you need to drink to feel strange withdrawal symptoms and an example of how quickly tolerance builds. Good luck everyone
>>
File: 90323.jpg (67KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
90323.jpg
67KB, 848x480px
After the first week of not sleeping or eating and sweating and hallucinating and shaking it's not so hard to keep sober. I just drank for the first time in 3 weeks last night. But there is only an inch left in my 1.75 liter bottle, so I have to go back now. I have to make myself too sick to continue or I can't stop.
>>
File: 1445914221628.png (170KB, 348x550px) Image search: [Google]
1445914221628.png
170KB, 348x550px
>>7027328
Its possible to be a part time alkie mate.
All I'm saying
>>
>>7027394
I wish that was all you were saying. That really was a terrible story.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2439x3148px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2439x3148px
>>7027317
Buy this to help you sleep. I finally ate today. I sipped on a fifth and then took this around 2:30 am and I slept until 10am today. Honestly I don't think I would be okay today without sleep
>>
>>7027338
Sounds to me like your trying to justify your own alcoholism. It's called being a functional alcoholic my man. Not all alcoholics miss life events, drink as soon as they wake up, and get shakes and scary hallucinations when they abstain for a few days. Just because your physically able to abstain without physical effects and live a good life doesn't suddenly make you immune. There are different levels of addiction.

Source: I've been an alcoholic for ten years of varying degrees of badness. At my worst I had to be hospitalised for withdrawal, at my best I was dry for a couple months. These days I keep it in check because 100% abstinence is unrealistic but I can still see myself falling back into being a 24/7 drunk if I don't watch it.
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 515x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 515x466px
>>7026360
>>
File: 093458.jpg (46KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
093458.jpg
46KB, 680x684px
>tfw your drinking buddies start smoking crack and don't want to drink with you any more
>>
>went dry for two weeks this month
>since relapse I've been trying to control my drinking
Eh, I kind of miss first thing in the morning but at least now I get more shit done.
>tfw you know it's only a matter of time before you become a 24/7 drunk again
>>
File: 2015-07-1.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-1.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>7026360
I got 20 more minutes left at work and I can taste the Canadian Club already. Rainy as fuck in TX today, perfect evening to get comfy and watch some college football while sipping Canadian from a big Styrofoam cup.

I'm also a degenerate gambler, so i have a bet on East Carolina vs. Uconn. Wish me luck lads and cheers
>>
>>7026375
There are different types of alcoholics, I don't really drink that much everyday(6 pack or a 12 pack, depends on how much weed I have) and I take 2-3 day breaks once in a while, but I can't go a week without drinking...it's impossible for me because my anxiety builds up.

I haven't gone a week without drinking in probably 10 years.
>>
>>7027423
It's something most people don't consider, but I am adamant about; the second you wake up is the perfect time to get drunk.

Drunk driving is also very fun if you have a place where you can do it safely.
>>
>>7027441
>Canadian Club
my nigga
>football
oh, nevermind
>>
>>7027418

thats... a bit of a jump bro...
>>
>>7027404

>favorite drug back in high school was dxm
>body eventually decided to treat it like poison
>if i can get it past the gag reflex it's stomach and liver pains through the high
>no more cough syrup even years later

Now I just drink vodka, and pass out thinking how fucked my liver must be.
>>
>>7027553
I've started getting a dull ache where my liver is now if I drink. It's only a matter of time before jaundice sets in. I check my sclera whenever I'm hungover/anxious and I keep thinking they are yellow.
>>
File: KrakenRum.jpg (59KB, 540x493px) Image search: [Google]
KrakenRum.jpg
59KB, 540x493px
Hey guys, I just grabbed some Kraken rum and a 12 pack from the liquor store. I don't often get alcohol for myself to drink at my own leisure at home, but I figured since I don't have plans for Halloween this weekend I can at least get absolutely hammered alone and watch some Horror movies or something.

Anyway, I'm curious as to how I should serve it. Should Black Spiced Rum be served cold or room temperature? I'm not really sure what drinks I'm going to make with it (probably just drink it neat with a soda as chaser or something), but I have no clue whether it should be served cold. Also easy drink ideas would be swell, but thats optional.
>>
>>7027682

There are no rules; drink as you like.

If you're serving other people, and aren't going to come up with a cocktail to serve, ask them how they'd like it.
>>
>>7027682

just chug it and make sure you start before the liq store closes so you can pick up more

t. an alcohol
>>
I'd be drunk every single night if alcohol didn't have any calories.
Alcohol allows me to feel things, allows me to express my feelings and allows me to be "myself" and not the restricted awkward social cripple I usually am.
>>
>>7027698
Id be drunk 24/7 if i could stomach it. After a good week of drinking the guts revolt and wont keep anything down
>>
>>7027676
>I check my sclera whenever I'm hungover/anxious
Same. It's very easy to think you are literally dying when you are going through alcohol withdrawal. I had no idea what fear was until my first detox
>>
>>7027682
Kraken and coke is pretty simple and easy.
I keep the kraken in the freezer.
Take a handle pull whenever i take it out for a new drink.
>>
>>7027719
Same. My body literally rejects alcohol now if I've had too much. I used to drink a fifth daily, now it's once or twice a week and I feel like absolute death the next day and usually vomit soon after waking up
>>
How does Kraken compare to Captian Morgan?
>>
>>7027747
It's worse IMO, some people really like it. I think its too sweet even for a rum.
>>
>>7027735

What's so special about Kraken except for the hella cool name?
>>
>>7027754

I knew a guy called Phil McKracken.

oh wait, that's what you mother said to me last night
>>
>>7027764

So she knows him, too?
>>
>>7027735
>>7027691
>>7027689
Thanks, I'm enjoying it. I'm more of a whiskey guy personally, but I like the taste so far. Its really chocolaty. I'm not sure how much 1.75 L will last me, but it'll be a good for tonight and tomorrow at least.
>>
Just got back home from a friends place, we where drinking some beers but could not relax and really let it go! Feels better now with a couple of beers going down real quick!
>>
File: modesty.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
modesty.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>7027764
>Phil McKracken.

really?
>>
>>7027844
>>7027844

>white muslim

disgusting
>>
>>7027844
this is my fetish
>>
>>7027441
>styrofoam cup
>at home
>aluminum tray

lawd have mercy. at least you drink good cheap whisky, which is actually good for your health and well being. cheers
>>
>>7027441
canadian club is my go-to drink of choice
>>
I'm about to make a liquor store run, what type of gin should I get? I've been buying that $20/L Seagram's, but it kind of sucks.
>>
>>7027877

drank a pint of that the other night
damn
>>
>>7027844

>le_western_'enrichment'_face.jpg
>>
>>7027877
are you a woman with thick rimmed glasses? if not, go buy a fucking whisky or bourbon me mate
>>
>>7027883
I need a break from shitty bourbon. Shitty gin is somehow better.
>>
>>7027885
vodka or bust
>>
>>7027877

For cheap gin and vodka that isn't in a plastic handle, Seagram's is pretty much the best value.

That said, I only really buy plastic handles and nicer things to occasionally nurse and remind myself why I started drinking.

$20/L also sounds a little expensive for that.
>>
>>7027877
Don't get Beefeater, I personally hate that shit.

Bombay Sapphire is amazing. Some of my best nights have been on that stuff.

If you're willing to spend a bit more, a good vodka is also a nice choice. I'd recommend a flavored vodka. Raspberry Vodka is aweosme.
>>
Every time I visit these threads someone mentions canadian club? Is it cheapest whisky in USA? How much does it cost and how it compares to for example shitty walker red label taste wise? Out of curiosity I checked prices here in Germany and it goes for 10 euro for 0,7 L, which is not the cheapest (7 euro)
>>
>>7027906

all i drink is bombay
>>
File: 1446216354579.jpg (3MB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1446216354579.jpg
3MB, 3600x2400px
>>7026360
>>
>>7027906
>a good vodka is also a nice choice
The only vodka I've ever really liked is Tito's, but that does sound pretty good right now.
>>
>wake up to putrid smell in room and vomit on the floor with no memory of how it got there

classic weekday amiright?
>>
>>7027917
>All your friends think their trap ass niggas
>One of them even records and thinks he's a good rapper
>They're all white boys in a state university
>tfw you drink them under the table every time you go out
I'll never understand the recent obsession with being trap

>>7027919
I'm not sure what the best vodka is state-side, but my old roommate was a Russian exchange student who got me a bottle of genuine Russian Vodka after winter break a few years back. Shit was delicious. [spoiler]I day-drank during Valentine's Day alone in my room that year because I was single and it was hysterical.[/spoiler] I'd recommend Grey Goose but what do I know.
>>
>>7027858
That word means the opposite of what you think
>>
>>7027908
>Every time I visit these threads someone mentions canadian club?

Its the same guy, he mentions his styrofoam cup too

> here in Germany

You best be in PEGIDA and resisting
>>
File: 1421253998915.png (246KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1421253998915.png
246KB, 500x386px
>really cut my drinking down
>tapered over three months
>begun to mostly drink on the weekends
>first time a week and half sober in three and a half years

Am I going to make it guys? I feel like I'm faltering at the last hurdle here. A week went by and that was bad enough. Half into the next and I'm going insane staring at the walls
>>
>>7027937
>trap ass niggas
>the recent obsession with being trap
I don't understand what this means. To me a trap means a chick with a dick. But it doesn't seem to be what you are referring to
>>
>>7027906

>i'd recommend a flavored vodka

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>7027953

I think he's just drunk.
>>
>>7027953
>To me a trap means a chick with a dick
It's a boy pretending to be girl. I tought whole 4shin got their degenerate shit together.
>>
>>7027968

While PEGIDA is filled with silly nillies, some points can be agreed on. I mean, what the fuck, man, couple of years ago in school I didn't understand why it was allowed that those muslim girls could wear their hijabs or whatever they're called while people in class were called out for wearing hats. It's utter bullshit.
Come to Germany, accept German culture. Don't try to bend it to your liking. DANGIT. I don't go up to Australia and tell them to stop creating all those deadly creatures, it's their thing and I'll leave them at them. And put shrimp on the barbie.
>>
>>7027877
Cheap? Burnett's. Mid? New Amsterdam. High? Hendricks.

Get some tribuno extra dry vermouth, some polar diet lime tonic, and a lime squeeze bottle and you are all fucking set!
>>
>>7027985

>polar diet lime tonic

Because if you're going to mix your liquor with soda it's the calories in the latter you have to worry about.

Just make a martini/gibson, or drink your liquor straight; fuck mixing fermented sugars with unfermented sugar waters.
>>
>>7027985
get some thick rimmed glasses while you're at it and dragon dildo.
fak off
>>
>>7027996
>if you're eating at mcdonald's already, you may as well order a soda
Nah.

>>7027997
How's college nancy boy? Proving you're manly enough yet? There's a reason gin is known as the drinker's drink. I don't discriminate, but cheap gin beats the everloving shit out of cheap whiskey or vodka.
>>
>>7028001
so now you're mature enough to appreciate gin, hm?
>it's drinker's drink
get your head out of bartending manuals and look around in actual bars. you'll notice who orders gins. drinker's drink, jesus almighty, too much literature boy will do you no good. but you'll grow out of that, I promise.
>>
>>7027997
>I drink for how it looks
>>
>>7028087

>not wanting to be like gatsby

Pleb
>>
>>7027441
woah i didnt know they could make labels that nice in 1858. is it hand painted or did they use a mechanical press?
>>
File: itsgold.jpg (185KB, 938x1500px) Image search: [Google]
itsgold.jpg
185KB, 938x1500px
>>7026360
/ck/ regular here. Sober almost 4 months now. Feels good brethren.
>>
File: xou16820.jpg (36KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
xou16820.jpg
36KB, 400x275px
Hey guys, I just turned 21 and have never really drank before. I want to go to a bar, but I don't really know what I'm supposed to do when I get there. What drinks should a beginner who had a rough week get?
>>
>>7028568
How? I'm better than I have been but still find myself buying a bottle once or twice a week. Are you trying to be totally abstinent?
>>
>>7028793

not that anon but seriously you just have to distract yourself when you get cravings. i had em bad today.

>"oh you can go walk the dog, the liquor store is 5 minutes away, come on, it's right there, let's go"

etc. etc.

I just stood still, closed my eyes and said "no, no, no." Sounds strange but if you say it with intention and belief that you do not want to drink because it causes you more pain than pleasure, it'll work.

then i put on my favorite podcast and left without my wallet to walk my dog.

this will continue to work because i am not physically addicted to alcohol anymore. now i have recurring cravings but they are beatable, and now its later in the night and i don't feel like drinking.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>7026406
>Your brain will be shooting ridiculous shit throughout the rest of your body, giving you bad images if you close your eyes

This shit has happened to me so many times after a week long binge, at some point I just can't drink anymore and have to face the withdrawal and I can't sleep for at least 3 days and nights and every time I try to I just see completely sick shit like dead people looking through my eyelids right at me and other shit in black and white it's not at all like a dream or a thought but like a real image you see in the darkness of your eyelids or some shit, the best I could describe those images would something like what the video tape in The Ring shows, it's pretty insane.
>>
>>7028888
I too know this feeling anon.
>>
>>7028888
It's what you'll see when you die if you have a guilty soul. It's pretty much a real version of hell created by your brain.
>>
>>7028888
The videotape in the Ring is the single spoopiest thing I've ever witnessed. Besides that it's a derivative of the Japanese version (though better), I don't know why that movie isn't regaled as a masterpiece of horror. I had trouble sleeping in a dark room with a TV for over a month.
>>
>>7029070
I certainly fucking hope not. Ive seen some terrible things detoxing. That shit is not cash.

>>7028888
Checked
>>
>>7029070

Do you seriously believe that or is that just Halloween spirit?
>>
>>7027764
i knew a Phil Mcrakin.

he was friends with Ben Dover.
>>
File: oldcutie.jpg (98KB, 1176x1200px) Image search: [Google]
oldcutie.jpg
98KB, 1176x1200px
>>7029287

keck
>>
>>7029287

I love Ben Dover

What's your favourite? Mine is Ben Dover's 9th. Michelle was hot.
>>
>>7027984
Hey. it was like that when we got here. We tried to off the black cunts but they hid in the desert
>>
>>7029293
that you , mike?

mr hunt, you're full of it.
>>
>>7027198

>"If you drink daily your[sic] an alcoholic."

Soo, I guess that means every adult in France, Spain and Italy etc. are all alcoholics for having wine with their meals?
>>
>>7029304
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Dover
>>
File: bewitched555.png (27KB, 200x153px) Image search: [Google]
bewitched555.png
27KB, 200x153px
>>7029304

No it's mister L. E. Fant
he works the food concessions at the zoo
>>
File: 1446254730968.jpg (338KB, 614x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1446254730968.jpg
338KB, 614x1024px
>>7027953
trap is a hip hop style, just google what anon said "trap niggas" or "trap music"
it refers to low income neighborhoods/lifestyles which are seen as "traps"
>>
>>7029663
Therefore, trap niggers is redundant
>>
File: 1435460077967.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1435460077967.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>7026393
>>7026393
Are you me?

I am supposed to go to a Halloween party tonight but I bailed. Dumped my shit. Im so over alcohol. It's hard though when all your friends drink. I need to meet new people.
>>
File: 1444575432188.gif (904KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
1444575432188.gif
904KB, 427x240px
>>7029693
>>7029693
Im just not excited for the withdrawls I'll have. I've had them before when I did 20 days sober.
>>
>>7029713
benzos
Lucky for me, my doc treats me for anxiety so I always have a bottle of klonopin when I need it.
>>
>>7029663
A trap house is an abandoned home used to make illicit drug deals. It's usually an older style house that has only a single entrance.
>>
Was nearing end of taper -- parents went on holiday yesterday so ended up sinking 3 bottles of wine before the end of the working day. Just bought a bottle of vodka and some tomato juice to kill the shakes/anxiety. Such is life.
>>
>>7029305
I don't mean drinking as in having a beer or a glass of wine with dinner. I mean drinking 3+ drinks a day solely for the purpose of relaxing, going to sleep, etc, if you do this your probably a low level alcoholic. It isn't a huge deal, it could be much worse. Not all alcoholics are your stereotypical drunk ass pounding vodka with their morning coffee and driving around all day with an open beer in the car. It's a sliding scale.
>>
>>7030035

If you don't mean that, don't say it.
>if you drink daily
=/=
>if you drink more than 3 drinks for the sole purpose of relaxing/going to sleep
>>
>>7026393
There's no such thing as a "different type of alcoholic" try to quit for a few days and you'll realize how physical your addiction is when the walls start melting
>>
>>7027682
someone is about to have a shit night
>>
>>7030057
Sorry for the miscommunication, I didn't want to get too wordy. By my standards having a beer or wine to accompany a meal doesn't constitute "drinking", as it is done to compliment the meal. IMO " drinking" is drinking some form of alcohol mainly for its intoxicating effects. I'm not looking to argue semantics here, my point was that if you sit around and drink a few beers after work 7 days a week your probably a low level alcoholic, and you are still probably completely fine at that level because alcoholism isn't concrete, its a sliding scale. Alcoholism in itself isn't even the problem, the issue comes with how it personally effects your own life, health, and bank account.
>>
i am done.
>>
File: 1207167097153.jpg (54KB, 700x430px) Image search: [Google]
1207167097153.jpg
54KB, 700x430px
ITT: Alcoholics
>>
>>7030057
>If you don't mean that, don't say it.
>if you drink daily

Hey you pedantic faggot im sure you say to your buds "lets go to the bar and drink enough alcohol to get extremely intoxicated and have funny discussions and cause minor mischief" instead of "lets go drinking"
>>
>>7029305
>Soo
>>
>>7026360
Why the fuck is there an AA meeting on /ck/? Take that shit to your local Alano Club.
>>
>>7030322

Fuck off hall monitor
>>
>>7030322
My anxiety is too bad to go
>>
>>7030330
>>7030334

It'll do you a lot be better to go to meetings than whine on a food board in 4chan.
>>
>>7030347

Whos whining here faggot? Dont like the thread, fuck off. Ill bet you reported the joey threads too
>>
>>7030363
Not that guy but I always reported joey threads.
>>
>>7030334
just have another one bro. Heart was racing earlier. Should have gone and bought voddy sooner.
>>
>>7030386
I can't. I'm mostly dry these days but still binge drink sometimes. I'm just glad it isn't everyday still. Fourth day without a drink, I'm going for 2 weeks.
>>
>>7030363
Ohh look at the angry alkie. Haven't had your daily voddie ration bitch?

>muh liquor
>>
>>7030441

Lol im just here for the banter, you wannabe mod nerd
>>
tfw hit 1 year at the end of this past august.

I still think about it on a fairly regular basis though. It's also still one of the first things I think about when something really shitty happens.
>>
>>7030426
Fair play.

Had a few stints of sobriety over the past year or so. The anxiety is the biatch tho. Honestly doesn't seem to get better after a week or so, even if physical stuff does. Hell, even longer than that.. 2-3 weeks. Still feel like an alchy. Think the longest I've gone (over the past 8 or so years) is 90-ish days.. Man I was not OK. Still. Does it get any better?!

I'm basically nuts and I accept that. I just wish I could live without this shit. Cos from here it's a downward spiral only. Plus society (UK) totally normalises this shite, too. Grim.

Anyways, off to pour another one. Might try and score some benzos and actually fucking sort my shit.
>>
>>7030587
I didn't feel great after quiting for about as long as you did, but I was physically dependent and its still a relief knowing I can start back up and quit again now without having seizures. I plan on seeing a psychologist as soon as I get my shit figured out and get insurance. I can be sober now but I still have the urge to drink. It isn't always so bad that I can't ignore it but it never went away.
>>
>>7030587

For some reason, I feel great when I don't drink. I don't have that terrible anxiety of thinking people know I drink.

But, I've only been drinking heavily for 4 years, so I guess the symptoms only come after longer usage?
>>
>>7028773
Grab a beer if that's your thing. You could always order a vodka and tonic which is a classic. I like manhattans a lot, but they can be a bit strong since it's entirely alcohol. You can get a jack and coke which is easy to drink and is a staple at most bars. Enjoy the experience man, I do love sitting at a bar and meeting new people and having some drinks.

Know what you want before you go in there though, don't ask the bartender for suggestions. That's pretty nooby. Cheers!
>>
>>7030905
I don't see any problem with asking a barman for advice on drinks.
>>
>>7030919
Idk, I just think it's a good way to possibly get ripped off if you don't know anything about booze. It would depend entirely on the bar I think, but from the tone in his post, he seems a little anxious about the whole experience, so I would think that a little research and being prepared would be better than asking the bartender.

Just a thought though.
>>
>>7030919
Not him but if the bartender is an asshole dude he'll give him something ridiculous so he can get sick and "be a man". Or he'll just sell him something stupid expensive and complicated he just learned so he can show off. If the bartender is a woman I guarantee she's a lazy slut who makes her money from flirt and cleavage tips. She'll just lean forward with a can of beer and give you a glimpse into her bra if she wears one.
>>
>>7027418
>>7027418
crack and alcohol is a spectacular combo
>>
>>7031684

Beer and cocaine is where its at... fuuuuuuck wish i could do it again but im staying clean
>>
>>7031684

Any benzo and booze. Alprazolam and vodka, need to be carfull though1mg to much, or too hevay on he vodka and you wake up 3 days later, in a different state, possibly in jail for murders that you have know clue you committed.
>>
>>7031956

Despite your gibberish, I agree with you.

I just spent a day going to breweries/taprooms, finished the night at a highly rated restaurant, got into bed, then woke up at 1am (thinking it was the next day) and could barely remember anything.

I started the day with benzos, vodka, a shower and toast, then to
>>
Best hangover food? besides alcohol.
>>
>>7033414

nothing

if you are dying in bed and praying for enough strength to crawl to the cabinet for that hair of the dog, you don't belong in shit thread.
>>
>>7033414
Pizza delivery or hit and sour soup
>>
File: 1442809047207.jpg (21KB, 426x333px) Image search: [Google]
1442809047207.jpg
21KB, 426x333px
>>7033414
>getting hangovers
>he doesn't have his drinking on perfect routine to feel okay in the morning but still get drunk enough to sleep every night
>>
slaves, pitiful slaves, not just wageslaves but also slaves to alcohol. What a sad existence.
>>
>>7033662
literally sons of the devil, killing themselves, defiling their God given bodies as a tribute to satan, their whole life revolves around pain and eventual death... a life lived in vain, such is the fate of the nonbelievers. No drunkard shall enter in to kingdom of heaven.
>>
poorfag who is getting into drinking here. what are the recommended cheap brands?
>>
>>7034318
whatever is on the bottom shelf
>>
>>7027894
Faggggooooottttt
>>
>>7034318
bums like fleishmans vodka, so theres that
>>
Do any grils post in these threads
>>
>>7028037
Everyone because gin is just another type of alcohol? Jesus fuck you memers are retarded.
>>
>>7027949
good job so far. nobody knows if you will make it. youre the one who raises the glass to your lips
>>
>>7031727
>tfw after 2-3 hours cocaine makes me feel groggy and anxious as fuck so I don't do it anymore

Doing small bumps of ketamine with some drinks is cool though.
>>
>>7034414
no
>>
>>7031727
>>7031956
Coke and alcohol with a crack booster every 15 minutes is the shit
>>
File: skol.jpg (330KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
skol.jpg
330KB, 1024x768px
>>7034408

Fuck Fleishmans, Pabst Blue... uh, I meant, Skol!

Seriously though, it's a really noticeable quality difference.
>>
>>7034921
maybe a regional difference, cuz skoal always reminded me of rubbing alcohol.
>>
>>7033735

>usually manage to feel fine the next day
>stomach is still upset as hell
>have to shit five to ten times that day
>all that's coming out after the second or third time is yellow goo

Fockin hell mate
>>
>drink 250-350ml of expensive vodka
>hangover as hell the next day and usually vomiting since morning
>drink twice as much the cheapest black rum or bourbon I can find
>absolutely no hangover
explain this shit. isn't vodka supposed to give the least hangover?
>>
Flatmate has his girlfriend round tonight, and she wears the same perfume as my ex.

I don't think about her very often, but this is really not helping.

Planning on hitting it hard tonight. 1/3 a bottle of gin down already and the rest will probably follow. Drinking every night means my tolerance is quite good but we shall see where this ends up.

Cheers all, last thing I want to be thinking about is her.
>>
My relationship is shit and my debt is north of 30k but my kids love me and
>as i have said before
you can make $11/handle vodka taste like premium with the addition of a healthy dose of lime juice, and it never fails me

I got up at 7AM today which is great for me but of course we had to have a few screaming matches, this woman simply will not stop trying to make me someone I'm not.

I pull down $105k/yr and work from home and she's on the rag 110% of the time because I can't drink less than i do.

>bitch I'll go fucking crazy if I can't drink, it's all i got left that does exactly what it says on the box

>seriously, buy some cheap vodka and add some lime juice prepare to be amazed
>>
File: intothetrash.jpg (112KB, 450x900px) Image search: [Google]
intothetrash.jpg
112KB, 450x900px
>>7027906
>flavored vodka
>>
>>7036016
probably has less to do with the alcohol you're drinking and more to do with you general hydration levels/sugar intake during each day.
>>
>>7037449
This is why I'll only associate with high dollar escorts. I make too much money and look too good to be bogged down with a needy female.
>>
>>7037449
>>7037604
HAHAHAHAHAHAA oh wait you're serious HAHAHAHAHAHAAJ AHAHAHAHJ. fucking faggots wouldnt have this problem if you were good at sex, like even a little bit. It seriously blows my mind that men who make 4× plus a year than me cant get a woman like mine. Hell she aint even straight, im just that good. smhfam. Forreal.
>>
>>7037635
poorfag's mad
>>
I'm the mood to drink tonight you fu/ck/ers

what do I drink

probably just gonna mix vodka, gin, and something sweet
>>
>>7037635
I don't think you get it. I don't want kids, I don't want a woman in my house seven days a week. I'm good at sex and like to have it once a week, and I often need a female accomplice for professional and social events. It isn't that I have to pay women to have sex with me, I am paying to have a public and private female companion without having to deal with the downsides like children or fighting. I pay them to show up sober and act professional. Lots of professional athletes do the same.
>>
>>7037650
Nope i get the cum sucked out of me for free from a gorgeous girl who has her shit together. Sorry you gotta put up with sluts and shitty wives.
>>
>>7037661
i'm not that guy and I have multiple girls. You salty as fuck
>>
>>7037661
I haven't read the thread, I don't need to. I know you're lying, because you're posting on 4chan.
>>
File: odell ipa.jpg (102KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
odell ipa.jpg
102KB, 540x960px
anyone else here doing NBBMN? if so whatcha listening to?

also here's what i'm drinking, have yet to find anything as good as Bell's Two Hearted Ale, but having moved away from MI it's not as readily available.

this stuff's ok
>>
>>7037683
So sluts. Good to know.
>>
>>7037684
You are of course welcome to your own wrong opinion.
>>
>>7028773
Best way would be to start at home, buy a smallish bottle of a decent vodka (tito's, ketel one, etc.) and some cranberry juice. add ice, 1 shot glass of vodka and about 5 oz of cranberry juice. (really just enough cranberry juice to where you can barely taste the vodka)

Once you get a taste for the booze, work from there. try new things and enjoy them. IMHO whisky/scotch are some of the hardest things to pick up as a new drinker, stick to white liquors and everything should be ok
>>
I'm starting too see bad side effects...

>Be 29
>No kids
>Dating girl (27) for 5 years
>Have good, but very stressful job
>Own own house
>Girlfriend works 5:00AM to 1:30PM, I work 2:30PM to 11:00PM and she's always sleeping when I get home
>Drink whiskey while reviewing things for work or for my MBA class in management while she sleeps
>Lately started talking to myself after day of drinking when alone.
>Be taking shower after day of drinking, forgot girlfriend had the day off and was sleeping in our bed (I sleep on couch to not wake her).
>Be thinking about how my day is going to go with my head on the wall as the warm water goes down my back.
>"shit!" For some reason I have a weird memory of something embarrassing I did in high school and yell this out.
>Think nothing of it
>"Fuck" same thing happens 5 minutes later where I have another weird memory from my past and yell out something random.
Girlfriend walks in the bathroom
"You ok anon?"
>"Yeah, I"m ok I just got soap in my eyes."
Fast forward a week later.
>Laying in bed after a day of drinking waiting for my GF to get done taking her makeup off so we can go to sleep.
>Reading 4Chan/ESPN, another outburst of random swearing.
>Girlfriend comes in and asks what's wrong.
"Nothing sweetie, the (local NFL team) might not have their running back for Sunday's game.

Think to myself of crap, I might have drank so much that I'm having mini seizures or something.

Laying off the booze for the new couple of weeks to see if that is the cause.

Feels bad man, think the girlfriend is starting to notice
>>
>>7037987
None of that sounds bad, especially the not having kids part.

You know when you have seizures for real when you wake up on the floor or lose chunks of time and your friends never look at you the same way again.
>>
>>7035117

If I know I'm going to be serving it to anyone else my cheap vodka is Seagram's.

Skol might taste a bit like rubbing alcohol (as I've been told by people I've served it to, including an ex-chef I worked under), but the couple of times I'd tried fleischmann's it was unbearable, like someone dumped ammonia into rubbing alcohol.
>>
Was drinking a fifth of bourbon every night for a few months. Moved to two 6-packs of ~7% beer every night for a couple months currently.
Drinking bourbon tonight, but I have portioned it out so I can (lol) only drink a bit over half a fifth tonight.
Gonna try to keep it down to 4 nights per week instead of 7. And no more power drinking (drinking for more than 8 hours).
Not really alc, sorry, just a drunk.
>>
>>7038053
More info:
>44 yo
>dick hasn't been working properly some nights.
>GF that I see once a week hasn't had a good ride for 2 weeks now.
>pretty sure it's alc related
>really hope it's alc related

I'm used to 4 hour sessions, not 0 hour sessions.
Fingers still work...
>>
>>7038059
Alcohol doesn't help, but anti depressants are even worse for me when it comes to erectile dysfunction. I don't have any females to disappoint at least.
>>
So at what point do we have to think about cutting down?

I am currently going through a half bottle of gin and a few strong beers every night. The thing is, I feel fine the next day and it isn't effecting my physically I don't think.

I am starting to think that is a lot, and finding when I am drinking it has less of an effect. I know I should probably cut down but because of the lack of adverse effects I am finding it very hard to motivate myself to.
>>
>>7038065
Well, I'm not sure if it's the cymbalta. Started taking that too. It really seems random though. Some nights I can't ... I mean it just isn't happening. Other nights... the opposite.
Can't figure it out. Got some pill samples from the doc, but they're expensive. And I don't want to need them.
Anyways, pen15 isn't really food related so I'll stop.
>>
>>7038065
>>7038265
Anti depressants usually don't change erection, but make you slow or unable to cum (lasting longer is often seen as positive).
It reverses when you stop the treatment.

Age booze and smokes are bad for boners, though.

I've seen an antidepressant where the manual indicated it may NOT reverse, leaving you orgasmless for life and technically unable to have kids "naturally". I think it's cymbalta...
>>
>>7035117
>>7038032
>Skol might taste a bit like rubbing alcohol
every vodka tastes like rubbing alcohol
>>
>>7037660
>I often need a female accomplice for professional and social events
What events require a "female accomplice"? Or is it just you being too insecure to go by yourself?
>>
>>7030587
The anxiety might be an underlying problem which your self medicating with alcohol. I'd seriously discourage benzos because that can be a very nasty addiction and often cause more problems than they fix. Short term they can help yea. But if your buying them yourself and self medicating you're playing with fire. I'd suggest just trying over time to cut your drinking down to a reasonable level and try to have a few days a week off eventually.
>>
>>7039241
I don't go out alone because I don't want females ruining my evening and trying to pry their way into my life, which is perfectly fine right now. I pay professionals to play "girlfriend", or be a proper escort.

For what it's worth I'm a professional athlete. I doubt anyone here knows me because I'm not Peyton Manning tier, and I don't even play football. But people act obnoxious when they figure out who I am, especially females. No I don't want to marry you, buy you a car, or even invite you over.
>>
>>7039049
only shit tier vodka tastes like rubbing alcohol
>>
>>7039602
Isn't the whole culture of vodka just to knock it back instantly without trying to taste it?
The only reason they don't hold their noses in Russia is because they're playing hardman.
>>
>>7039605
>The only reason they don't hold their noses in Russia is because they're playing hardman.
Why would anyone hold their nose when drinking, unless they are 12 or are in a movie and want to put emphasis on the bad smell/taste?
>>
File: handsfree.jpg (36KB, 371x480px) Image search: [Google]
handsfree.jpg
36KB, 371x480px
>>7039605
>The only reason they don't hold their noses in Russia is because they're playing hardman.

or they have my latest invention!
American ingenuity strikes again!
>>
>>7039605
>hold their noses
Are you a grill?
>>
>>7039602
All vodka does. Alcohol itself tastes like rubbing alcohol so you're being retarded

Source: I drink everclear which is basically real vodka
>>
What whisky should I buy next?
>Famous Grouse
>Black Velvet 8y
>Bushmills original
>Dewars white label

They're all in ~$15 price range
>>
Seeing these threads always makes me want to drink. I'm a normie that only drinks once a week, but whenever I see people drinking I crave even the thought of alcohol.
>>
I can't stop myself from blacking out if I buy handles so now I'm trying to just by 40's and 6 packs for the night so I won't go overboard.

I hate having to drinking all this liquid just to get a buzz.

I miss shots.
>>
File: image.png (465KB, 599x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
465KB, 599x300px
Sitting in my car drinking tall boys on my lunch break at work again. How was everyone's day?
>>
>>7039640

I tried an expensive Russian vodka one time that almost tasted like water (yes, straight at full proof).

Then again I'm the Skol poster and I drink that like it's water...

In any case, anyone who thinks there aren't differences between vodkas - even bottom shelf, plastic handles - either has no experience, no taste buds, or is just talking out of their ass.

>tfw /ck/ is the only plastic handle enthusiast resource you've found on the internet
>quarterly magazine when
>>
>>7040068

>not buying a case of handles so you only have to leave the house once a week
>>
>>7040196
Not to sound pretentious, but I'm in that same class.
>tfw new Amstedam is the absolute worst vodka I've ever had.
>>
>>7040199
The problem is that I can't stop.

I'm buying 40's and packs so that by the time I'm out, it'll be too late to go buy more alcohol.

Buying multiples would just exacerbate my problem.

>>7040185
Alright. Got a lot of school work down and sent it to my group partner and see what they think of it, but they haven't responded yet.

It's putting me kinda on edge, but I just started the drinking so it should all be fine soon.
>>
>>7040214
here

>>7040185
Sorry, I forgot to ask how you are doing? (I do this daily, but never learn)
>>
>>7040214
What are you going to school for?

>>7040222
I'm hanging in there. Work's actually relatively slow tonight, but with a couple of major school projects hanging over my head, my stress is going up.
>>
>>7027908
Canadian Club near me is like $10.99 for 750 ml. It's better than any other cheap whiskeys in my opinion. Canadian whiskeys by law need to be aged for at least 3 years, so CC is much smoother than cheap American whiskeys
>>
>>7040444
That was my shit before I switched to vodka like a faggot. Vodka is cheaper and easier to drink quick but the hangover feels worse.
>>
I've been drinking for like 5 days straight now, and I'm at the point now where it's not even getting me drunk, I just need to be sipping on a beer constantly to feel "normal" and make sure the shakes and massive anxiety don't set in. I'm feeling like a true /alck/ at this point
>>
>>7040185
I slammed a steel Reserve yesterday on the toilet during my break to keep the buzz going
>>
>>7040196
Yeah I basically never buy vodka any more but I can't deny that there is a noticeable taste difference.

and also nothing will ever taste as bad as bad gin but that's neither here nor there.

regular Evan williams tastes better than it used to. am i going crazy or was i just wrong before?
>>
>>7040459
Whoa. I literally did the same thing yesterday as well.

I was scared that I posted this and was too drunk to remember.
>>
>>7038053
>trying to drink less than 12 7% beers a night
>not an alc

ummm I got some bad news for you dude
>>
>>7040430
>What are you going to school for?

Writing within advertisements/commercials.

>I'm hanging in there. Work's actually relatively slow tonight, but with a couple of major school projects hanging over my head, my stress is going up.

I fucking hate dreading school assignments. The only thing that gets me through it is the week long or so reprieve from them when I can just enjoy myself freely until I have to suffer through more of that bullshit.
>>
>>7040486

>have drunk posted, forgot, and replied to myself the next morning more than once
>>
>>7026371
>Am I an alcoholic?
no. not yet.

>I can go without them
that's how we know. once you're truly addicted, you physically can't do without alcohol, because you're completely dysfuncional in withdrawal.

but be careful regardless. you're not an acoholic (yet) but you are a habitual drinker. that's quite dangerous, because it's the way that eventually develops into alcoholism.
>>
>>7039627
>>7039635
I have no problem with spirits. Raw alcohol just has no reason to be tasted.
>>
So sweating like a pig in the middle of sleep is caused by alcohol withdrawal ?

Make sense.
>>
>>7041817
Yep. It's dangerous if it gets too far, but it should wake you up by that point. My body always wakes me up when I need a drink.
>>
>>7041817
>this might explain why I felt so hot every night when I recently visited my parents for two weeks
fuuuuuu
>>
>>7041817
It's caused by a lot of things.

You could have leukemia/lymphoma.
You could just have a room that's too hot.
>>
>>7041852
You could just be a bad ass sweaty American just like me.
>>
>>7030587
If you're still getting the anxiety after that long I would tell your doctor and see if they can prescribe you something called buspirone. It's an anti anxiety medication but it's not harmful and if you ever need to get off there are virtually no side effects to quitting.

It's not super strong like a benzo, but it's a lot safer and it does help curb the anxiety and cravings. That's what my doctor gave me and it has definitely helped.
>>
>>7041837
I don't even feel craving for alcohol during monday-friday buy I sweat like a fucker during my sleep.
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.