[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

Starting out cosplaying for the first time, need help learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

Hello /cgl/,

I'm a newfag but I'm starting cosplaying for the first time as Deku from My Hero Academia and I was in the need of help.

The costume looked pretty simple for the first cosplay that I'd do, I saw like a body suit, white gloves, red fanny pack and arm guards but I don't know where to start and how to make them look identical. The cowl (mask and hood) and the boots are my problem as well.

Any suggestions and links would be really great! I fit into small t-shirts and pants size is 29x30 (thought my body would fit the character and I love the show).
>>
>>9625989
there are at least 2 threads for you to ask this in, but you had to be a fucking faggot and bump something off the catalog for your own personal thread

>>>9619600
>>>9599352
>>
>>9625992
Thanks dad ;)
>>
You should probably just sew the bodysuit yourself rather than purchase and modify one (not sure if that's what you wanted since you told us your size). Looks like the crotch is a litter lower and the shoulders a little wider than the body, make sure you leave some extra room in the right areas for the baggy look he has rather than going skintight all around. For the cowl I'd make the "ears" like a plushie, or sculpt them out of foam and put fabric over them if they're supposed to be firm (though If they're squishy you'll still need reinforcement so they aren't flopping over). Not sure about the boots but if you buy & modify you might want to buy a size or two larger than yours and stuff them since his boots are huge. As for making things look identical, measure carefully.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.