[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old is too old to be going to anime cons with younger people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2934.jpg (65KB, 480x856px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2934.jpg
65KB, 480x856px
How old is too old to be going to anime cons with younger people in their 20s?

Image unrelated
>>
14-34 is fine for anime conventions
>>
>>9624682
>younger people in their 20s
l m a o
Worse. Most con-goers are in their teens.

But yeah, at my last con I met two people in their 30s, one 33 and one 39.
Above that is a bit weird at anime cons, but very normal at comic cons. Not sure about game cons, I imagine they have the same age groups as anime cons.
>>
When I go to cons I see mostly people in their 30s+. Many of the friends I have made through the years are in their 40's and 50's, my mom goes to cons still and she is almost 70.

It really just depends on your group of friends and what you personally want to do. Having younger friends is fine, I have had older friends since I was much younger, after a certain point age is not really a factor in friendships, but maturity is.

For instance my idiot "friend" is way too fucking old to be hanging out with young adults, he is nearing 50 and insists on acting like a 15 year old repressed nerd boy, and insists that "older people just don't get him". When the reality is that older people get him just fine, he is just an idiot and kind of an asshole. He has no ability to tell the difference between a mature young person and an insufferable weeb, because he himself is an insufferable weeb, and has no interest in learning anything about the friends he makes beyond surface level shit. Like he knows a cute girl who once cosplayed from some show, so now in his mind that is all she likes and does, even YEARS later when she has almost forgotten the costume. Also, he still thinks that nerd girls are rare gems, and one of these days he is seriously going to get in trouble when he buys the wrong 19 year old a bottle of booze.

My other friend however is just turning 21, but she fits in well with an older crowd because she is mature and knows how to not act like a socially inept asshole. If she goes drinking with us she knows we are just out to get a little buzzed and not to get drunk, she can handle being a goofy person but is not an insufferable weeb. She likes conversations and the same stuff we like to do at cons, it works out because we have the same interests.

FYI, I mostly attend sci fi and comic book conventions where the crowd is likely to be older. Anime cons often have younger attendees, but I still find most of what I said to be true.
>>
>>9624682
Any age it too old. Going to cons is some nerd shit.
>>
File: 1484267381120.png (193KB, 450x393px) Image search: [Google]
1484267381120.png
193KB, 450x393px
>>9625188
neeerrrrd shhhhiiiiit
>>
>>9624682
When you're dead.
Idgaf i'll be going in my wheelchair at 80 if I still like it
>>
>>9625188
pls no bully on 4chan
>>
>>9625255
Same here. What kind of question is this? It's like people saying there is an age limit for college.
>>
>>9624682
If you feel uncomfortable being seen in public with a group of people (no matter their age) then you shouldn't hang out with them. Age differences in friend groups are only as awkward as you make them.
>>
>>9625188
going on 4chan is some nerd shit
>>
File: 1500598965905.jpg (87KB, 902x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500598965905.jpg
87KB, 902x600px
>>9624682
Why even ask? Age shouldn't dictate when you stop enjoying/going to cons, this is asked too much.
>>
>>9624682
You're never too old.

Thinking you're too old is one of the things that makes you old.
>>
No such thing, as long as everyone is the age of consent.
>>
Well, if you're having fun and if you're okay chilling with people younger than you, then age doesn't matter. Although there could be awkward moments
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.