[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General - MAM edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 50

File: 0806b44870-683x1024.jpg (58KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0806b44870-683x1024.jpg
58KB, 683x1024px
Previous thread: >>9618600
>>
File: 20170906_110633.png (116KB, 1061x662px) Image search: [Google]
20170906_110633.png
116KB, 1061x662px
Reposting from last thread.
>>
>>9622794
Tinfoil hat time: what if AP USA just lied about Lynda being gone in order to protect their sales and reputation?
>>
>>9622797
I worried about this, too. Seeing as how she has been reported multiple times over the years for her behavior and all of a sudden this was the straw that broke the camels back? I don't believe it. I don't believe she got fired. It's too much of a liability for AP USA.
>>
>>9622794
Why is everyone so happy to see her gone anyway? Is RC full of sjws?
Was she really that bad? What she said was true though, they did it in their free time while they did it on their job. Nazis are still awful obviously but she's right on this one.
>>
>>9622807
My experience has been that Lynda never inserted her politics into working at AP. I was once there and I made a gun joke and at that point we had a funny conversation about what would kawaii para-military lolita look like (like what kind of border print would that be?). But she never brought up opinons. In fact, I never thought to look her up outside of seeing her at AP. It didn't cross my mind, until all this blew up. But like you said; I bought things from her several times and never knew anything. So I'm still really on the fence about this entire mess; it never effected me as a customer.

>>9622797 >>9622803
What does she have on them? People can get fired for any number of reasons. What makes this situation different?
>>
>>9622807
She's a shitty person and a particularly shitty worker/member of the lolita community in general.
For over a decade, I've seen/dealt with her sketchy, rude behavior and poor service.
Being rude and making inappropriate comments to customers and other lolitas, overcharging for shipping and overcharging in general, screwing up orders and then denying she's made any mistake, selling AP replicas, etc.
If you want to research, she was also beyond Starry Candy Box and Cosplay Oneesan. Even if they don't disagree with her politics, most people think she's bad news.
>>
>>9622807
RC is overrun by SJWs who seem to think that lolita is a grand political statement for Bernie. Alternative and young communities tend to skew liberal, but RC seems particularly bad.
>>
>>9622794
If only this would be the end of it, I'm tired of hearing about this. It's not like the "boycott" meant anything either way... the only ones making a fuss don't even buy AP/wear lolita anyway.
>>
>>9622812
Because she's not simply an employee (she owns a portion of the company, iirc), she probably couldn't actually be fired and would have to leave on her own accord. It's not that she has blackmail on them.
>>
File: Girlygreys_ap2017.jpg (414KB, 605x777px) Image search: [Google]
Girlygreys_ap2017.jpg
414KB, 605x777px
So another grey dress has come out. Do you see any other brands jumping on grey or taking a fancy to an unusual color choice for Lolita? Personally I love it and I'd love to see more "explorations" into grey, orange and non-pastel yellows.
>>
>>9622832
I love grey in lolita and it's great to see it popping up more, even if I don't personally wear AP. I just hope that IW goes back to releasing actual grey pieces rather than "dark grey".
>>
>>9622803
>I don't believe she got fired. It's too much of a liability for AP USA.
The fuck?
>>
>>9622832
I love it

I just need them to release something I want
>>
>>9622828
Where do you get this from? I thought she was just in charge of watching the shop and web orders but every time I see her name she's become more important to AP.
>>
>>9622817
>Even if they don't disagree with her politics, most people think she's bad news.
This. I think a lot of people arguing on here are newblitas who haven't heard the years of horror stories about her. Sure, some people like >>9622812
May have had legitimately good experience with her that I can respect, but it seems like there's constantly drama cycling up about her, and often it's about her professionalism not her politics
>>
>>9622832
I'm praying brands like IW and Meta start releasing some quality greys again, and would love to see grey gothic. I want to get excited about grey AP, but two of these dresses look like disasters and most of what they've been making has been either unimpressive or straight fugly
>>
>>9622817
Wait...she sold replicas? At the store? Or online? This is all new to me...
>>
>>9622849
Lynda is listed as the CEO of Saxony LLC.

>>9622864
Starry Candy Box was selling real, authorized AP back in the day.
Then they also started carrying Loris replica bags, not indicating they were replicas, with a tagline about selling authorized AP still on their website.
Shortly after it was brought up online, the tagline disappeared, but they continued to sell the bags.
The next year AP USA opened, and Lynda began selling AP through it. I don't remember when exactly SCB closed, but it wasn't long after. Seems pretty shitty to sell the replica bags of a brand you're working for/claim to support.

Also, for newbies who think taobao is scary or complicated now, or who have always known it as streamlined and easy, think about ordering from it in 2008-2009. Taobao really changed the game.
>>
>>9622878

Where is she listed as ceo?
>>
>>9622852
>would love to see grey gothic
??? Not sure how common it is but I have grey dresses from moitie, sheglit and atelier boz
>>
>>9622812
>>9622817
Oh wow well then I take back what I said about them being SJWs they had all the reasons to dislike her, she sounds like a complete cunt. Good riddance if it's true
>>
>>9622823
Oh, so I was right after all...
I saw quite a bit of typical SJWs (ugly fatties with "those" glasses and brightly coloured hair).
Why are they even on RC anyway? Most of them admitted to not wearing lolita once. They probably can't even fit into it lel
>>
>>9622888
I've seen more people on cgl say they don't wear it
>>
>>9622882
On her now-bawleeted Linkedin account. Google it if you want.
>>
>>9622890

I don't use LinkedIn, but I thought they didn't ask for verification for your positions. Could she be making it up?
>>
>>9622888
tbqh this post comes off more cringey than most RC sjw's

>lel
jesus h christ
>>
File: mm-tweed.jpg (72KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
mm-tweed.jpg
72KB, 480x640px
>>9622832
One of my all-time favourites, 2003, from MM.
>>
>>9622888
Man what a hilarious comment
>>
Would anyone like a "build me a coord" game/thread? Like post a dress + their preferences and anons can build a coord to go with it?

They have a chat on the lolita amino but I really have no desire to go there.

>inb4 spoonfeeding and "just go to the coord help thread"
I personally find building theoretical coords fun, and I'd like to see what other people come up with. The coord help thread use to have more of this but it seems to have changed to "critique this coord" or "answer this specific question"

could just be me, though
>>
>>9622890
Old info isn't really relevant in this situation
>>
>>9622905
How so?
Also you sounds pretty new
>>
>>9622911
i've always wanted to do a thing where my friends and i share a list of everything in our wardrobes and then make coords for each other with that

but 1) i have no friends and 2) keeping track of everything you have is such a nuisance unless you have a small wardrobe. your idea is cute and the closest thing.
>>
>>9622888
You're trying a little too hard, mate
>>
>>9622911
I want to! Please make that thread.
>>
>>9622911
I'd participate! This sounds fun
>>
File: 409.jpg (60KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
409.jpg
60KB, 600x620px
>>9622931
Did i strike a nerve there?
>>
>>9622888
They're the left overs from LiveJournal.
>>
>>9622943
No...
>>
>>9622943
Well, that does make sense but I don't recall them being so many
>>
>>9622948
There is a huge amount of weirdos on Facebook who join several hobby groups because they don't have real friends or hobbies
>>
>>9622807
I'm anti-SJW but I've always found Lynda to be repulsive, short-sided, and obnoxious. This was a long time coming, frankly.
>>
>>9622938
Nah, I'm >>9622905 and I'm glad they agree. something about your post comes off as a little kid trying to fit in with the big CGL meanies.
>>
>>9622941
Some people seriously hate RPA without ever having seen their clothes irl, and RPA did like two dresses that were similar to AP. I never cared about it before but the IW one is really obvious imo.
>>
>>9622907

What a beaut
>>
>>9622933
Done! >>9622958
>>
>>9622941
>>9622792
I have a couple of their dresses, and their quality is pretty meh. They've also copied or "taken inspiration" from a fair few dresses, not just a two.
>>
>>9622832
I didn't know that Lovely Shopping had a grey colorway because I wasn't really into it, but seeing it in grey and pink is winning me over. Meta does deep grey colors every now and then for their nonprint dresses and I love it

I fancy the unusual colors though. I really wish brands played with green more (rather than just dark green or mint).
>>
>>9622832
I love greys but all of these dresses are really ugly to me. That kind of mid-value grey top right always looks like a placeholder colour to me, it's very odd to see it in a finished design.
>>
>>9621923
Hey anon here's your answer.
>>
File: IMG_1908.jpg (34KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1908.jpg
34KB, 250x333px
So I found this dream dress of mine but I'm a little iffy on the price.

It's Innocent World's Hinaichigo OP + bow for $300 but I've seen the more wanted Suigintou OP go for $200-250. Should I ask the seller about the price or look elsewhere?
>>
>>9622947
Were you there when people started migrating to Tumblr from LJ? They all spread out.

>>9622948
What? LJ had tons of members in the egl comms. Same for fb.
>>
>>9622995
I like everything about this outfit but the dress. Just switch it out for something nice that actually matches the accesories?
>>
>>9622956
I think there are a ton of similar designs in this fashion and it seems pointless to scream art theft anymore.
>>
>>9622999
I still really like it but I don't know why she paired it with black. I still don't know what colorway to get. But this makes me not want the green.
>>
>>9622997
Yes, I don't see how that's even relevant though
>>
>>9623000
Nobody said art theft and it's not like people have a vendetta against RPA. It's just so obvious they don't have their own ideas.
>>
>>9622985
I just looked up a 2kg parcel to the US with track & trace and it's 43 euro to any place I tried incl. rural areas. They work with fedex there.
>>
>>9622852
What's going on with meta? I haven't bought anything from them all year, their recent releases have been so boring or ugly, the princess look they are going for is not my style
>>
File: IMG_1427.jpg (76KB, 618x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1427.jpg
76KB, 618x225px
Is it just me or are buyers extra dumb recently?

>Say in my listing I don't take payment plans
>get a message asking if I can do a payment plan for a $100 dress that's already underpriced as is

I'd understand if it was $200 and you REALLY wanted it but really?
>>
>>9622996
The seller is trying to sell it for twice the price they bought it for.
>>
>>9623047
They have a make an offer option - would it be rude to ask for it for that much?
>>
>>9623040
Yeah, I've been having flaky buyers recently.

Also re: payment plans

I've been taking payment plans for some low shit, like $80 boleros. Usually I wouldn't accept one for anything under $300 or so, but I keep getting asked. Idk what's up with these lolitas these days but if something doesn't move for a month or so, I'll just accept it.
>>
>>9623057
Under normal circumstances I'd say it would be rude, but honestly I don't think it would be rude in this situation. Maybe it's just because I hate scalpers.
This is the listing they bought:
https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/innocent-world-oddments-rozen-maiden-hinaichigo-op-kc-set-nwt
>>
Serious weird Hyperbolic question time:
Would you guys like a message board, on a professional grade server, to talk about Lolita fashion and J-fashion on? It would have accounts, but no social-media tie-ins. Technically the board could not allow as "free" of a conversation as /cgl/ but it would be more free then facebook, plus you never have to "dox yourself" like with fb.
>>
>>9623077
No. Sounds pointless.
>>
My oldschool haul just arrived, however the skirt is too small. I didn't really look at the measurements bc it was cheap. However, it's too small. I actually can't find the measurements but I can bARELY get it done up, and basically have to wear it with the ol' elastic trick. My waist is like 68-70 cm depending. Is that fatty-chan size or is the skirt just small?
>>
>>9623095
Depends on how tall you are. If you aren't 5'8"+ I'd say its fattychan sizing.
>>
>>9622996
It's not a terrible price, I've seen it go for more but you could probably find it for less if you're not in a hurry. No harm in making a respectful offer though.
>>
>>9623095
Oldschool skirts are often 66cm or so in the waist. Anything above that, even with shirring is iffy if it will fit, unless it's Meta. Meta tends to be more generous in its sizing.
>>
>>9623040
I just did a $100 payment plan, it beats not selling things I'm bored of and I always require the buyer be able to pay in no more than a month
>>
>>9623096
I'm 5'5" and abt 125lbs, and like 86-69-93
is that something I should be worried about with regards to lolita?
>>9623106
I've only ever owned ap skirts and oldschool jsks, but generally is brand sizing bigger or the same now?
>>
>>9623136
Stop listening to dumbasses on the internet. Ask a doctor if you think you're overweight
>>
>>9623120
That's nice for you but I don't take payment plans and said so in my listing. I'd rather hold on to an item than open up the chance for "lols dont have the $$ yet thx"
>>
>>9623136
You're in the middle of average weight, you could lose a few but you don't have to really. 68cm waist is kinda on the bigger side for your size but thats just what happens sometimes with bodies.

Brand is for sure much larger. A lot of old school stuff can be as low as 56cm in the waist though.
>>
>>9623136
So I guess it's just a case of unfortunate proportions. You aren't really fat at 5'5" and 125 but like the other anon said you could lose weight and be fine. I guess it just really depends how bad you want to fit brand.
>>
>>9623136
Ignore cgl when it comes to weight and measurements, please. People here don't get that not everyone is a pear/hourglass and not everyone is going to have a small or defined weight. You're perfectly fine for your height. Some brand will be big on you, some will fit you just right, and some will be too small. You could lose weight if you want too, but you might not lose any significant weight on your waist.
>>
>>9623164
small or defined waist, not weight*

You aren't fat at all anon, brand is just small, most Japanese clothing is pretty small.
>>
>>9623165
>brand is just small

Some, sure, but that's a large waist for someone her size. Not saying she's fat but she can lose weight and be healthy and fit more brand than she does ATM. You sound like a triggered fatty to ignore basic facts.
>>
>>9623168
That is a slightly above average waist for someone her size (wouldn't say it's overly-large, I'm a classic hourglass and my waist was similar at that weight), which is what made me think losing weight wouldn't help and she might just have unlucky proportions (e.g. a very short torso leads to a less defined waist).
>>
>>9623170
She could lose 10lbs and might be able to shed an inch or two off her waist that way to fit the skirt though. Still would be a healthy weight too.
>>
>>9623168
A 68 cm waist still puts someone firmly into the "small" size of most brands. Not everyone is going to have a perfectly small, defined waist. She might just be rectangle or boxy shaped. It is entirely possible that she drops weight and nothing drops from her waist.

>You disagree with me so you must be a triggered fatty!!!!!

No, just someone tired of the bullshit flung around the Japanese fashion community regarding weight,especially for perfectly fine sizes like having a *gasp* 20.8 BMI.
>>
>>9623170

>>9623171

Don't start denying facts, makes you look delusional.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170906-205547.jpg (552KB, 1074x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170906-205547.jpg
552KB, 1074x1132px
Not sure id call you guys friends but im curious to see if anything comes of this...
>>
>>9623173
What facts are being denied? Besides the fact that her size is healthy according to BMI and probably no doctor would think that her waist is "too big". And according to waist-to-height ratio, that size is fine, some calculators even putting it as "slim".
>>
>>9623182
>>9623173
>>9623172
>>9623171
>>9623170
>>9623164
>>9623136
first of all, her waist to hip ratio is at "the most attractive" size. Any smaller of a waist and it'd look extreme. Secondly, she's very clearly a pear shape and with that in mind, her measurements are actually quite good. Lolita-wise she will still be able to fit into most things, which isn't unlike most of us anyway. Who here can say they fit into all vm or iw?
>>
>>9623198
Could you please be fat and angry somewhere else?
>>
>>9623198
I do and I'm 4 inches taller than her and only a few lbs heavier. I'm just saying she could still lose a bit of weight, maybe fit the skirt and other lolita things. 69cm is too high for a lot of VM, MM and old school.
>>
Does anyone have this bag?
I'm thinking of buying it for school but I'm worried my chromebook won't fit.
Whats the max measurement inside the bag, specifically the width?
>>
>>9623205
>>9623173
>>9623172
See >>9623141
As a former anachan, you're insistence that your view of "healthy" is more accurate and important than that of actual healthcare professionals is a sign.

Repeat after me kids: if you think you are overweight, ask a doctor. not an anonymous image board
>>
>>9623242
Why would anyone take advice from someone who's had weight issues? People are being pretty reasonable in this thread about how much weight that could be lost. No one said she was overweight, just that she's still able to lose a small amount of weight, still be within a healthy range and fit some lolita a bit better. Stop being so triggered.
>>
>>9623077
I'd join, but I don't think it's necessary.
>>
>>9623198
>Who here can say they fit into all vm or iw?
Me, at 5'5" with a 60 cm waist.

>>9623136
Anyway, your weight is probably fine, we don't know without a photo. We can't determine your muscle mass or anything. Skirts are finnicky and it's best to just chalk it up to a loss and find things that fit and flatter you. If you're concerned, you're perfectly able to work on it if you want. Good luck!
>>
File: ap choco bag.jpg (269KB, 1145x736px) Image search: [Google]
ap choco bag.jpg
269KB, 1145x736px
>>9623226
I own it, I don't think I could fit a laptop in it. Here's some photos for reference.
>>
>>9623136
Anon I'm your exact height and weight with the same waist measurement, although sometimes it is 26in instead. I fit lolita perfectly except for some cutsews being a little short (mostly the old school ones). You have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>9623268
>>9623268
my laptop is pretty small so I was hoping I could squeeze it in.
Thanks anon! I guess I'll go for a regular backpack
>>
>>9623136
I'm 155cm with basically your measurements (a little less booty, waist varies between 67~72cm depending on my period) and I wear my country's second smallest jeans size.
You're only a fattychan for ana standards. There's no way you're possibly overweight, specially with that height. Having a 60 cm waist is pretty rare and more common with people with my height or smaller, specially asian people. It's more of a build thing than anything else.

That said, I have about four BTSSB skirts from that era and what I do is slip them a little higher on me and it's more comfortable. I understand that might be complicated if they're really short but it works for me, can't hurt to try.
>>
>>9622832
I'm a sucker for pink and grey together. And bluish greys are so pretty imo. But AP hasn't made a cute grey dress since CTP. Romantic Cat almost looked Lavender and these recent ones are god awful print wise.

Daydream Beds exclusive tea party blue grey was gorg.
>>
>>9623319
Milky Swan in grey was 10/10 fite me
>>
File: 08231432_599d137f1805e.jpg (139KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
08231432_599d137f1805e.jpg
139KB, 500x600px
This beret just arrived from AP and it's missing a star on one side. Is it worth it to email AP about it, or should I just not bother and try to find some new star buttons myself?
>>
>>9623338
I'd email them. You can at least try.
>>
File: 162205-m-06-dl.jpg (16KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
162205-m-06-dl.jpg
16KB, 345x437px
Just a protip for anyone interested, IW's underskirts are a total piece of overpriced shit. I feel so ripped off, the quality just isn't there, I just picture this as a way for them to recoup sales. I have an underskirt by the floral notebook that's a million times better, but I wanted this one for the lace. Also I don't know why they call it a petticoat, it's literally dress lining with some lace attached and some shitty elastic.
>>
>>9623332
There was a grey milky swan? I know they did romantic garden in grey that qas quite lovely. I have never seen milky swan in that color though.
>>
File: IMG_3085.jpg (20KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3085.jpg
20KB, 193x261px
>>9622832
I love greys and own a lot of Meta and VM pieces in grey. Those dresses look really ugly to me, though. I much prefer AP's pre-OTT greys.
>>
>>9623077
Yes, very much
>>
>>9623395
In the normal world of historical fashion, petticoat is an underskirt, IW uses the word correctly while we as a community collectively gave it a completely new meaning
>>
>>9623106
All my Meta skirts are 66cm max even with elastic.
...maybe that's why they were so cheap!

>>9623136
You're fine, aside from certain old school skirts not fitting. Brand is definitely much bigger nowadays and some of will even be too big on you.

>>9623198
I have a smaller waist/hip ratio than that at 65/95 and it doesn't look extreme at all. I also had no trouble fitting into any VM or IW I've ever tried on, except for shorts. I don't agree with picking on anon for her shape but that doesn't mean it's okay to claim that people with smaller measurements are ugly or non-existent.
>>
What do you think of the international section on kerastyle? Some reports are really nice and then some are too much about the writer.
>>
>>9623424
>claim that people with smaller measurements are ugly or non-existent.
I must've read past this
>>
>>9623421
What that anon said, also petticoats are not actually called petticoats in Japanese but pannier.
>>
>>9623426
Extreme usually isn't a compliment, and they were saying that nobody fits all VM or IW.
>>
>>9623395
So are there any actual quality issues with it? Everything you've mentioned is by design, so to me it sounds more like some design decisions aren't to your liking, not that the quality is bad. I own two of their underskirts and I like them. They are light, have nice lace and the the second seam allows for less fabric bunching up at the waist. I guess the price might be a bit high for what you get, but I feel like that's the case for most brand accessories and undergarments. I'd like to know if there are real quality issues, though, so maybe you can review it?
>>
>>9623396
nayrt the grey was a special set.

Genuine question. What is up with North American and Canadian sellers refusing to sell outside of their region? If I'm willing to pay out of my ass for shipping costs then I don't mind, but refusing outright when it's very easy to do, doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>9623436
You're a rarity. Whenever my auctions have sold to overseas buyers and I give them the shipping cost they're usually shocked and back out of the sale, and then I have to relist the item. Its easier to just ban overseas bids and avoid the situation altogether.
>>
>>9623436
I've noticed if you message sellers like >>9623440 and kindly explain that your are willing to pay up to $50 for shipping they usually are willing to sell to you anyway.
>>
>>9623440
That's really weird. Normal people want to know the shipping before buying.
>>
>>9623434
You might be right that it's all purely personal preference, but I do feel the quality bugs me. I think it's largely part due to the lining material being slippery, I'm worried stitches are going to slip and unravel, especially in the waist area, one popped stitch and that's all it takes. I understand why they chose this material, but I wish it were sturdier or that it had some reinforcement to give the stitching some tooth.

I think it just took me by surprise for the price point, I feel like no extra steps were taken to reinforce its quality as a standalone piece. The part that bothers me most is the elastic, I wish it were wider vertically so that it would lay down more flat in the way my petticoats do, it gets twisted easily. There's only one seam keeping the elastic in, I think 2 would have been better for just a little insurance. I will probly take it in and have it tailored with better elastic as I find it uncomfortable.
>>
>>9623440
>>9623444
Out of my ass within reason of course. A dress, bag or bulky items I would expect to incur high costs because I live on an island (and our whole country hates it). However, not for small items that would fit in an envelope and cost 5 times more than the item I paid for. I have backed out of a sale once because of this.
>>
>>9623445
Did they not list the material in their webshop?
>>
>>9623448
I always, always ask for a shipping quote before buying, because many US sellers tell me shipping a simple bow is $35.
>>
>>9623450
Only that it's polyester. Looking at the pictures I was also expecting a wider band, it's sometimes hard to predict from pictures alone.
>>
>>9623445
I have similar issues with mine, but my biggest peeve is that it's so narrow.

The stock photos make it look pretty voluminous, but it's barely wider than a regular slip, and the bottom tier being "wider" than the top means that every petticoat I've tried with it overstuffs it at the waist and ends up fucking up the shape of the skirt or dress it goes under. It's nowhere near the same hem width as even my IW dresses, so it looks ridiculous underneath every dress I've tried so far.

The only thing that keeps me from selling it is that I don't think anyone else would be willing to buy it if I were honest about its design flaws.
>>
>>9623095
Honestly, some of the non-shirred skirts from old school era are extremely small.
I have a few skirts that would only fit a <62cm waist and I have a 64,5cm waist.
I'm going to try out a corset for this, hoping it will fit, otherwise I will get one of those waistband extender thingies.
>>
File: 080642894-683x1024.jpg (52KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
080642894-683x1024.jpg
52KB, 683x1024px
Thoughts on Kimura Us halloween lolita and Misakos casual lolita coord?
>>
>>9623590
Me likes.
Both are cute, bit on the casual side but still very cute.
I secretly love doc's with Lolita but never wore them cause that was always considered a big no-no unless it was punk-lolita.
Probaly part of the reason why I like that coord a lot.
>>
When buying a dress, do people normally buy the matching otks in the same colorway?
For example, pink dress and pink socks.
Wouldn't it make more sense to get a different color for versatility? Unless most people do all one color coords.
>>
>>9623631
This is really something to consider.
I've been thinking if I should've bought the lavender OTKs for my lav Romantic Cat JSK. But then I've been thinking "Isn't that a little too much? Lavender from top to bottom?"
I bought the ivory OTKs then and I'm a lit happier with this choice.
I prefer to buy the ivory colorway for leag-wear, because it changes up the colors a little and they match any colorway of a print. I guess that#s why they get sold out so fast.
>>
>>9623436
I can ship inside the United States from my house, I have to drive 20 minutes twice to ship internationally. I know some people say this isn't true but it is where I live.
>>
>>9623453
Those sellers are pretty dumb and they can't figure out how to ship international. I'm guessing they don't know first class exists or don't care. Good luck telling them that though.
>>
Lolibrary has been finally updated!
>>
>>9623631
I never wear printed socks or tights with a printed dress
>>
Does anyone have any information (like price, measurements or year of release) on MMM's Net Print OP? I love it, but I want to know if it fits before I add it to my wishlist. Thanks!
>>
>>9623631
i always buy a contrasting color unless i don't have a choice. i usually try to get the most versatile one as well. it's why white legwear that match the release seem to sell out the fastest, i think.
>>
>>9623672
The waist and sleeves have shirring
>>
>>9623666
You're kinda boring
>>
>>9623641
Yeah but first class doesn't give Paypal protection
>>
>>9623699
I hate coords that have several prints. It looks bad irl. Most prints have so many details that you should do justice instead of adding more.
>>
>>9623716
Why would they need PayPal protection once the parcel is sent, they're already marking down to 20 euro so it's not insured.
>>
>>9623729
Because the buyer could file a chargeback.
>>
>>9623716
Yes it does, you can buy it on paypal and even purchase insurance.
>>
>>9623040
Eh, I'm not that picky.
When someone buys over $100 (shipping not incl) and they want a short plan for 2 payments up to 2 months I'm fine with that.
As long as they keep their promise and don't flake, though I must admit I find it a bit odd, for such a low amount you know.
I stopped doing layaways without partial payment though, flaky cunts.
>>
>>9623672
Those type of Moitie OPs are usually quite generous.
The thing is, the bodice is short (high waisted cut), even if it stretches up to a 100cm, it may look really unbalanced and boobloafed if you have large breasts.
>>
>>9623453
Not their fault that shipping is so costly.
That is what the post office charges them.
Why should they take a loss or a risk cause people are too cheap to pay for decent shipping?
A seller wants PP's seller protection too you know.
As a Eurofag I have the same issues, our postal system is stupidly expensive.

>>9623716
This, so much.

My nr 1 rule is never send without tracking and never fill out the wrong/lower(ed) value on the customs form.
Not only the buyer needs protection, and if they want you to fill in a lower amount to avoid a customs, you have the right to refuse.
Put it in your ToS.
If the package gets lost they get a full refund and you'll get NADA. Not exactly fair is it.
Also, they can easily lie about not receiving something when there is no tracking.
Always cover your ass.
>>
>>9623425
Where can I find this?
>>
>>9623729
>marking down packages ever
hell no, i'm not paying for the parcel if it gets lost. this is why i hate selling to eurofags, they always try to cheap out and get you to mark things down and use untracked shipping. then if anything goes wrong they can just chargeback you and you're fucked.

>>9623798
nope, even if you can buy it on paypal, it doesn't have paypal protection because first class mail doesn't have tracking in other countries. the tracking stops as soon as it leaves the us, so paypal protection is null.
>>
>>9623832
They tell you which countries they support (there's only a few like Brazil and Italy that don't work). I've shipped this way, so yes, the tracking does work.
>>
>>9623453
>>9623827
a bow wont be 35 dollars to ship international unless theyre doing priority shipping, then yes, it would be expensive.

People need to learn how to ship shit.
>>
>>9623077
yes. so so so so much/ please.
>>
File: shippingUStoGermany.png (51KB, 1087x610px) Image search: [Google]
shippingUStoGermany.png
51KB, 1087x610px
>>9623832
>>9623846
And here's a screenshot just for you. This was a bubble envelope with a headdress in it for only $13.50 to Germany.
>>
>>9623847
Okay, I'm not familiar with the US postal system as a Eurofag desu, but if there are cheaper usps options *with* tracking that will give the seller PayPal protection they should definitely offer that.
But if there isn't, don't take risks to please your potential buyer, it may bite you in the ass later.
For me, it would be € 16,95 to ship a bow with letterpost to the USA with tracking.
That's little over $20,- and still really expensive for only such a small item.
>>
>>9623831
On the 'international' section of the new kera web site. I liked the two event reports, it's nice to see that they also translated them all to Japanese!
http://kerastyle.jp/category/all/international

Anyone any idea how many correspondents were appointed?
>>
>>9623846
>>9623846
Nope, the tracking doesn't work. Go look up the tracking number, it won't show. Even if it tells you it's "eligible", if a buyer actually tries to chargeback you, you'll be getting the short end of the stick because the tracking doesn't show it being delivered. Just because it allows you to ship the item doesn't mean you'll win the case if you have a claim filed.
>>
>>9623077
Message boards feel very out of date. We already have more populated Discords that are much faster and modern.
>>
>>9623859
This!
>>
>>9623859
It does show up as delivered. I don't know what you're on about, I've looked up the tracking and I was watching it to make sure my buyer got it. It still says it was delivered on USPS even though it was in April.
>>
>>9623860
the discords (especially the largest EGL one) are kind of clique-y and the topics aren't separated effectively. they serve their purpose but some people like the (admittedly antiquated) format of slow-moving forums. better for reading back and finding out what you want to know.
>>
Should I leave neutral or negative review for a buyer that decided not to buy after a few days. Not sure if negative is too extreme but I am salty.
>>
File: USPSInternationalTracking.png (24KB, 849x341px) Image search: [Google]
USPSInternationalTracking.png
24KB, 849x341px
>>9623859
As long as it's under 4 lbs, you can track it. And if you're using this method, you have to weigh the package anyway so you'd know if it was over. I've researched this because I do actually want to sell my stuff and I don't mind selling to Europe because it's no more effort than domestic.
>>
File: shipping.png (56KB, 1153x733px) Image search: [Google]
shipping.png
56KB, 1153x733px
>>9623863
I don't know why you're bothering to lie, there's not even an option for insured first class mail shipping on paypal.

>>9623875
First class package isn't the same as first class mail, sweetie.
>>
>>9623875
>>9623863
it even says on the usps website that tracking is only available for first class packages, not mail, so either you have no idea which shipping bracket you're using, or you're just making up shit.
>>
>>9623872
They certainly deserve one.
If you think it's too extreme you could give them a neutral?
>>
>>9623859
>>9623880
I'm from the US and used to use first class to certain countries for small items. A couple of years ago, I had a buyer file a claim and win it via Paypal, even though I had shipped and provided what I thought was tracking.
Now I refuse to use anything but priority, and greatly prefer to only ship within NA, to cover my own ass.
I think we can all agree that USPS sucks. There's no reason to act like people who don't want to ship outside their region or take the risk are assholes.

>>9623872
Backing out of a sale is cause for negative feedback unless there was some issue like undisclosed charges on your side.
>>
>>9623880
>>9623884
Sorry, it wasn't "mail", it was a "package". I thought that was assumed since why would I be sending a postcard as something I sold.
>>
>>9623889
You can send first class mail up to 13 ounces and you can send small items like headbows with it.
>>
>>9623890
Either way, I sent an envelope. So maybe it was mail, maybe it was package. The tracking claims it was a package. Nowhere did I claim I was sending via "mail" though, anons pulled that out of nowhere.
>>
>>9623892
You replied to the anon specifying "first class mail". here >>9623832
It's your own fault if you don't know what you're arguing about.
>>
>>9623897
That's not me anon. I said first class, they said first class mail. They made the assumption that's what I was talking about.
>>
>>9623899
Yes, and you replied to them after they specified that they were talking about first class mail, implying that you were talking about first class mail as well.
>>
>>9623872
Negative.
>>
File: BrilliantDollOP.png (417KB, 752x591px) Image search: [Google]
BrilliantDollOP.png
417KB, 752x591px
Here's some more grey for you anons.
>>
>>9622911
Id love that! i spend hours making imaginary coords with dresses i dont even want on polyvore sometimes haha
>>
>>9623226
>Chromebook
I'm triggered
>>
>>9623727
nofunallowed.jpg
>>
Is there any downside to marking a package as a gift? I don't want to get hit with customs, but could I get in trouble for marking it as a gift rather than goods?
>>
>>9622832
I love it! It looks really cute with a lot of sweet prints, especially Suyasuya Toys.
>>
>>9623863
>>9623875

US postal gull here. Don't trust that USPS is ever going to give you working tracking on First Class shipments. The customs number you get off of packages going anywhere can be used as tracking (manually at the office), but the website disables and enables that function all the time, so you can have working tracking one day and then be fucked another. I have no idea why the company does this, it causes so many issues for the shippers/receivers AND USPS.
>>
>>9623946
I like this but not $400 worth
>>
>>9624034
I always mark gift but don't mark down price... It seems safe enough
>>
>>9623860
>>9623865
Does anyone have a link to the EGL Discord?
>>
>>9624319
There's several afik.
>>
>>9624329
I know they exist, but I'm a newbie to this.
>>
File: whipc1.jpg (131KB, 360x432px) Image search: [Google]
whipc1.jpg
131KB, 360x432px
>>9622832
I actually love grey, I wish there was more!
ngl I thought that whip collection came in grey until my friend actually bought it and we looked at the lolibrary entry (still looks kind of grey in real life too)
>>
>>9623685
>>9623817
Oh, it should fit then. Thank you kindly, anons. The hunt begins!
>>
>>9623583
>waistband extender thingies
Deets?
>>
File: waist extend.jpg (50KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
waist extend.jpg
50KB, 700x700px
>>9624369
not that anon but I was thinking the same thing
>>
File: best-era.jpg (50KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
best-era.jpg
50KB, 1024x576px
>>9623414
>>
>>9623576
Sounds like you're wearing the wrong shape of petticoat.
>>
>>9624376
FYI this kind of thing won't work with skirts if you're wearing a blouse tucked in, because you won't be able to zip the zipper all the way and you will have a gap.
>>
>>9623981
It is ugly
>>
>>9623430
True.

I'll add that a lot of it is height dependent, a 4'11 girl with a 57 cm waist looks differently than a 5'9 girl with same waist
>>
>>9623860
Forums tend to last though, storing useful data for everyone
>>
File: winterAPvouge.jpg (114KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
winterAPvouge.jpg
114KB, 595x842px
Thoughts on Vogue taking notice of AP?
>>
>>9624445
Vogue Japan has always been a little more experimental than the US edition (as is most Japanese fashion in general compared to US/Europe) so it doesn't surprise me that they would eventually feature a lolita brand
>>
>>9624445
You can buy these kind of pages you know?
>>
>>9624453
Do you look at vogue from other countries a lot? I've seen plenty of alt fashion in vogue France and Spain
>>
File: SnowWhiteAndTheRedApple.jpg (124KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
SnowWhiteAndTheRedApple.jpg
124KB, 345x437px
Thoughts on the new IW print?
http://innocent-w.jp/onlineshop/en/173602_No394_e.html
>>
>>9624464
Yes, I did say US edition specifically.
>>
File: 174701.jpg (237KB, 450x570px) Image search: [Google]
174701.jpg
237KB, 450x570px
>>9624484

I'd love it a lot more without the white space apples on either side. Very jarring, and I was always someone who hated brand names all over my dresses unless it's really discreet, which this one isn't.

On another note, is anyone going for the Revival Astronomical Clock series? I really like it but not the high-waisted dress, so I'm deeply feeling conflicted about paying that much for a dress I'll definitely have to alter.
>>
File: ph-top-2buy10off.jpg (412KB, 980x380px) Image search: [Google]
ph-top-2buy10off.jpg
412KB, 980x380px
>>9624516

They're also doing another extra 10% off if you buy two dresses, but I waited too long and now the Antique Violets dresses are sold out in all cuts and colourways. Now I can't decide what to do.
>>
>>9624484
I love IW but this looks like something from Secret Honey
>>
File: 174601-s-03-dl.jpg (100KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
174601-s-03-dl.jpg
100KB, 345x437px
>>9624484
Don't like it very much to be honest; for me it's a design that works better on paper than on a dress.

Love those coats though, if they made sleeves long enough for praying mantes I'd get one.
>>
>>9624496
>USA is so bland
Yeah, no shit man. Tell us something we don't know.
>>
>>9624445
It's for Fashions Night Out event, there are loads of stores participating. This isn't anything special
>>
>>9624445
Wait, where do I get this? How often do they happen?
>>
>>9623643
What are you talking about? I can't even select a brand or leave mobile version
>>
>>9624464
I wasn't critizising your comment, I was asking something. But now that I read it again you say Japanese fashion is more experimental than European fashion which is just not true lol.
>>
>>9623643
Search still sucks though. I don't understand why they made it like this
>>
>>9624579
Yeah, the search is beyond srewed up.
Wished they'd just go back to the old layout.
>>
>>9624579
>>9624628
It really does. I don't think changing back to the old layout would help, they have completly different site as I recall, it's the search itself that is fucked.
>>9624569
Releases from 2017 were added. Also I don't have any of your problems, are you sure they are not on your end?
>>
>>9624572 was meant for >>9624496
>>
>>9624648
Are you on mobile? I can only go to brands by changing the url myself and the ones I just looked up haven't been updated
>>
>>9623249
you must be underage. >>9623242 gave very balanced advice and you discounting them for having experience with an ED, which they have successfully been treated for, is extremely disappointing to me. Wise up ya doink.
>>
The side zipper on my suitcase is stuck and all of my accessories are in there. I've tried everything and it won't budge. Do I just have to cut it open?
>>
File: 86670bcac30b6d77b02a.jpg (81KB, 624x624px) Image search: [Google]
86670bcac30b6d77b02a.jpg
81KB, 624x624px
Okay, gulls, I need your help. How would I go about ordering this from the US? I'm fairly new to the fashion and I've never had to use a SS before. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>9624445
This happens every year, where have you been?
>>
>>9624538
With the fur, those sleeves do look rather long. Do they list the sleeve length?
>>
>>9624713
stick a pen/pointy-ish stick in between the teeth of the zipper and force it open that way.
>>
>>9624721
Momoirokumasan on lj
>>
>>9623040
I have a listing up for $150. A girl recently messaged me about a payment plan. I ask her how long expecting it to not be for than 3-6 weeks, since most employers pay weekly or biweekly. She asks for 3 months. If you need 3 months to pay off $150, you shouldn't be shopping. Learn to save money first. Set aside some money for 3 months. Then go shop for a dress with the money you've saved.
>>
>>9624445
>Mfw missed the new meta kimono print for this event, no one posted about it and it sold out in presale
>>
>>9624800
Follow them on twitter anon. You can't rely on other people to tell you what release is happening. Plus they are easy to interact with there and they might retweet your coords.
>>
>>9623865
I don't get the feeling of clique-y at all. I don't know anyone in the discord, I joined and just started talking and everyone has been friendly.

That being said, I do see the value in having a slower format like forums, it's just going to be difficult to get younger lolitas into it which is what keeps the community alive and moving.
>>
>>9624757
I'll raise you one better. Whenever I organise a meetup with a ticket or entry fee, I always get at least one girl messaging me asking for an extension on the payment deadline because they won't have the money until X date. This happens most when it's something like €40 but it's also happened more than once with prices as low as €5. Who the fuck doesn't have €5 readily available and what are they doing in a hobby as expensive as lolita? These were all adults, too.
>>
>>9624802
I follow them on fb and just saw them post about it today. Don't have a twitter, are they more active on that?
>>
>>9624857
All the brands are. Japanese people don't use fb much unless they have foreigner friends.
>>
>>9624728
They do, it's 61cm for the L.
>>
>>9623832
Well... you can complain about us Eurofags, but Americans are shitty buyers as well. They always choose for the untracked shipping, because $28 shipping for a dress is way too expensive.

Also, a lot of Americans need to learn how to ship international. I once got overcharged with shipping by an American seller. $65 shipping for a top hat. No fucking way. Turned out it only cost her $26 to ship the damn top hat. I get it if someone is unsure about the exact shipping cost, happens to me too sometimes, but $65 is insane. Therefore I check shipping cost myself nowadays before I buy something from an American seller. Now they can't overcharge me anymore haha.
>>
>>9624861
Interesting thanks
>>
Is tenshi still on vacations? Her page says she should have been back since the 3 but aparently her shopping service is still closed
>>
People mentioned there is often a tall thread up but there's none atm so i'll post here
I really really like the lolita style especially gothic lolita but basically everything looks like it was made for petite asian girls
As a 5'11 giant tall by even European standards I assume that the only option would be to get things custom made, and that the prices would be even more insane
Is it even worth me even looking into this stuff or should save my interest to look at pictures of others??
Sorry if this is a common question btw
>>
File: NEOBK-1969348.jpg (54KB, 349x500px) Image search: [Google]
NEOBK-1969348.jpg
54KB, 349x500px
Does anyone know where I can find scans of AP catalogs?
>>
>>9625032
Browse through the archives for help, tallfriend. I am the same height as you and I can wear lolita fine, there are just a few tricks I've learned over the years to make it look good. For starters, what is your build like? Are you a broad shouldered she-hulk? Do you have a thicc ass? Are you frail and lankey like a bean pole?
>>
>>9625032
You should look for a few favourite brands and find out their sizing. Some Japanese brands make a long and short version of their main-pieces. Moitie is imo the best gothic lolita brand and they make things like pic related. You can also use an underskirt.
>>
I need help gulls.
I have a recent AP print dress that has yellow stains on it I can't get out. I tried scrubbing (gently) with all sorts of different safe products, even took it to a dry cleaner and pointed out the yellow stains and they couldn't get them out.
I have been using a mild all-color bleach on some of my less important clothes and it's worked great at getting out similar stains. I'm wondering if trying it on this dress would be a HORRIBLE idea or if it might possibly save it.
The dress is a light pink with some pastel print if that helps.
>>
>>9625076
At that point since you've washed it so many times it might be set in. I usually set my pieces in a tub with oxyclean for a few days when I notice a stain and that usually gets it out when I wash it. Maybe you could try that?
>>
I'm worried about my SS. She bought some clothes for me a few months ago and the last thing I heard she was waiting for it to arrive at her house. I haven't heard from her in nearly two months, she hasn't even sent me an invoice.
>>
File: IMG_20170908_173442.jpg (211KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170908_173442.jpg
211KB, 2048x1536px
>Grey
>Meta
>Nun
God damn, I love it when Meta comes through.
>>
>>9624445
sorry to pop ur bubble, but "Vogue Fashion's Night Out" just means the event is sponsored by Vogue and it happens every year... this just is a special for that event...
>>
>>9623040
They're pretty rude too. I got a message a while ago asking if I accepted payment plans. I asked how long, they read the message and never responded. Okay ...

Has anyone else also been having a lot of buyers not communicate or leave feedback? I've had a string of them lately, they just never even read my messages.
>>
>>9624918
I Mean it costs me $65 to ship internationally if the person wants tracking. In the US the only start-to-finish tracking option is priority mail and thats literally the cost to ship a dress. There ARE cheaper options but they're untracked or not fully tracked.
>>
>>9625115
I'm worried about that, yeah. I'll try that. Do you handwash it after?
I'm not sure how much I feel I have to lose because the stains aren't super obvious until pointed out
>>
>>9625162
yeah, I had a difficult time with my most recent buyer not even confirming receipt of the package! her communication was so shitty that I just didn't give her feedback.

I think a lot of people who bought/sold on the comm sales have better transaction etiquette. I can't be an irl lovelie but one thing I picked up and can't let go of is being super sweet in sales. Special notes, gifts, really sweet manner in messages...it won me over when I first started and now I continue it.
>>
>>9625158
You get an email notification of messages which includes the message, so they're likely seeing it on email and not bothering to log in to reply. Still shitty but not as strange as them not reading messages at all.
>>
>>9625193
Maybe this is just me but even if I read the email I go to my messages later and open them to get the timestamp. Although I usually reply anyway even if it's just "thanks!" or "sounds good!" Feels more polite and gives peace of mind.
>>
>>9624961
What? Tenshi kept her service open even when she was on vacation, she just couldn't ship out. I've already thrown two separate orders her way since the end of August.
>>
>>9623181
I'm curious about it desu
>>
>>9623258
I'm jealous! I'm 5"4 with a 65/66cm waist and I feel kinda chubby already
>>
>>9625141
I don't know about the white lace down the seams, I liked the one last year that converted from nun into a plain black
>>
>>9625234
She was taking a really long time to reply to emails even though her original announcement said she was only on holiday "at the end of August". I shot her a couple of emails in early Sept and she missed out on some items due to a backlog + slow response.
>>
Any gulls watch Penny Dreadful? I feel like it's great fun, and it's definitely inspiring me to reread old novels and folklore.
>>
>>9624918
>They always choose for the untracked shipping
clearly, that's your fault for giving untracked shippping as an option
>>
>>9625317

Friend of mine dealt with a buyer who requested untracked in order to save a grand total of $2. Friend never offered untracked, it's the buyer who brought it up. So never offering untracked doesn't really make a difference, the stupid buyers out there will still ask for it because they can save a couple of dollars, apparently.

Then the buyer proceed to try and file a chargeback after a week and tried to call my friend a scammer on an online forum. She'd already been told the item would take at least two weeks to arrive because she'd paid for the skimpiest shipping options, plus this was her second time buying from my friend, but the first time around she paid the extra $2 for tracking.

I think there's just crazy people all around the world, US or non-US. I learnt from that example to simply turn down people who want untracked. As a newbie seller I would probably have agreed to ship it untracked if it seemed really important to the buyer to save the $2, conpuzzling as that seemed to me.
>>
Does Kimura U sell any of her Kawaii Holic range in any physical stores?
>>
>>9625422
Kera Shop Arena Osaka carries her stuff. They're also the distributor for online orders.
>>
File: DJHklyeUwAAp8cf.jpg (133KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
DJHklyeUwAAp8cf.jpg
133KB, 595x842px
Thoughts on the orange colourway?
>>
>>9625477
Looks like the stuff people from the trash trucks wear. But looks slightly better thant the beige/offwhite version.
>>
>>9625405
Well, it's still your friend's fault for agreeing. In general, if you're foolish enough to ship untracked, you can't blame anyone but yourself if you get burned.
>>
>>9625305
I loved it anon, so disappointed it's ended so abruptly,in my opinion. Vanessa was giving me serious inspo
>>
>>9625299
How long did the respons take?
>>
>>9623136
I'm 5ft, 145lbs, 34 24 39. AP is often pretty big on me. If I can fit brand fine, so can you. Honestly you have nothing to worry about regarding your weight.
>>
>>9625489

Hey, we're not saying it's particularly this or that person's fault. And my friend protected herself all right, she only went through with the transaction if the buyer paid via gift payment, this was way back when paypal didn't allow any kind of option to dispute gift payments. And the online drama was deleted so fast once she mentioned that she could post screencaps showing the buyer was the one who requested untracked shipping.

Buyer was from the US, and my friend never offered untracked anywhere in her terms of sales, though, fwiw.
>>
>>9625477
I actually really like it. Something about it captures that cutesy, fun aspect of Halloween that I really admire. But it's mainly nostalgia speaking because I definitely understand why so many people hate it.
>>
>>9625477
I wish the color scheme was a little different, maybe darker motifs? Lighter orange? Tbh though i dont think i could wear this outside a couple weeks around Halloween, it's so in your face, while the other colors could be Halloween all year.
>>
What should you do if you purchase an item off of lacemarket described as "very good" condition and it arrives with small but very obvious stains all over it?

Bought a headbow off a lacemarket seller, they didn't mention any damages at all, but there's a lot of random marks and stains. I've never had this problem before. Do I ask for a partial refund?
>>
>>9625477
I love the color, tbqh it makes the print more quirky and less bland clip art-y. I just can't bring myself to buy these meme cut, though. I've basically accepted the fact that I won't be buying from AP for a very long time
>>
>>9625505
Just offering a size comparison to this:
5'3" / 127lb, 33 26 42 and the end of the AP bodices are always a little too short and the bust area feels snug, but the middle (waist / torso area) is a bit loose or billowy.
>>
>>9625604
Me too anon. No matter how much I like the print the high waists and weird plain hems are killing it for me lately.

I do really like Halloween treats as a print so if it's available when i'm in Japan I might grab it, but it won't be a priority.
>>
>>9625603
You should definitely ask for a partial refund if they did not mention any stains. If they won't give one, make a claim with paypal for it and leave negative feedback.
>>
File: bloodbathpain.jpg (59KB, 710x356px) Image search: [Google]
bloodbathpain.jpg
59KB, 710x356px
So the ap 均一 sale happened earlier, did you guys get anything? I'm salty about it desu because I usually use ap paris, so I didn't find out about it until it was too late
>>
I'm looking for some advice on lolita cardigans.
I'm short and have narrow shoulders but a 34"/87cm bust so while I'm fairly sure I would fit most brand cardigans, I think they would probably gape at the bust which looks pretty bad if you like to wear them buttoned up all or most of the way. Just from looking at measurements online it's sometimes hard to say how much a knit will stretch so I'm wondering if any brands tend to have more accomodating fitting cardigans?
>>
>>9625032
Many of the western indie brands are built for a more western figure and that includes height. Generally I find that the bodices in western clothing have a lot more forgiving length which is great for tall girls and girls with busts.

Favorite tall lolita indie brands for me (I'm 5' 10") are:

Haenuli
Lily of the Valley
The Black Ribbon
Baby Pony Tail
Eat me Ink me
Mossbadger

If you're lucky you might be at a con or something and come across any of their stuff. Good luck anon!
>>
>>9625830
A 87cm bust should fit brand cardigans just fine. Iirc many of them have a bust measurement of about 90cm.
>>
File: 1466565196967.jpg (25KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1466565196967.jpg
25KB, 323x454px
>when you win an auction you bid on a month ago but you already evacuated due to the hurricane
>>
>>9625911
Uh oh, hopefully you can explain the situation and not get any negative feedback.
>>
>>9625477
I absolutely adore it. Like other anon said, it has a sense of nostalgia to it that makes me very happy. I'm also one of those sperg lords who wears kitschy halloween shirts/dresses all year round so its basically my aesthetic.
>>
>>9625911
i was expecting a package wednesday, but I guess usps was already closing up shop and shitting itself over Irma because they never stopped by.
>>
File: IMG_7186.jpg (83KB, 405x685px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7186.jpg
83KB, 405x685px
Dont know about you gulls but im pretty pumped for this! Dolly cross hospital by forever summer on toabao. Hadnt heard of them before, hope the quality is ok
>>
>>9626205
Link to shop or listing?
>>
>>9626205
can't see anything but discount Fancy Hospital

wish the nurse hat was plain without a print so it could match other stuff
>>
>>9625830
You're fine, when I was 89cm most of them fit except a few older ones that were tight. 94cm now and nothing fucking fits, I want a reduction
>>
File: 04051832_58e4b9bc213d6.jpg (180KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
04051832_58e4b9bc213d6.jpg
180KB, 500x600px
Are AP's shoe sizes consistent? I have a pair of platforms from them but am curious if the tea parties would compare ?
>>
>>9626269
No, I haven't found them to be consistent, but if you look at the sizing on the listing, it's pretty accurate measurements. Their M was at 24.0 in the boots, which fits me fine, but tea parties I need an L (24.5), as M was 23.5.
>>
>>9626205

I want to wait for reviews, but I feel like there's no point, hardly anyone ever writes proper reviews anymore, especially on taobao brands. Most reviews nowadays run along the lines of
>my first lolita/order
>not expecting much from a $120 dress
and/or
>print is adorable
and then a generic blanket statement of "I love it, yay".

Like c'mon, show closeups of the lace and trim and mention what they're made from, whether they feel substantial or itchy, whether the buttons look like cheap plastic, that kind of thing. Mention if anything is hotglued down instead of sewn. Compare the colours to the stock photos and mention if the stock photos were blatantly shooped. Compare it to other stuff you already own and mention what you think of the fabric, like whether the ruffle on this dress is really as shiny as it looks in the stock photos.

I miss the days when some lolita was direct enough to post a Japanese brand review to egl noting that all of the seams were completely crooked. At least it's an honest review that pointed out a real flaw.
>>
>>9625505
Hot dang anon where does all that weight go? Are you extremely pear-shaped?
>>
File: IMG_7188.jpg (69KB, 690x1261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7188.jpg
69KB, 690x1261px
>>9626448
Im planning on buying it asap in both colourways so i can twin with friend, I can do a review on here when it comes!
I think reviews are a lot more importent with things like this where its a random taobao brand as opposed to AP, everyone knows what their quality is like. Its just very thinly veiled bragging to me

also heres the print close up, I was about to post it earlier but i feel alseep kek. I love the teeth and everything seems very well drawn, not really digging the bunny but its pretty small so It doesn't bother me too much
>>
File: IMG_7187.jpg (69KB, 690x1261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7187.jpg
69KB, 690x1261px
>>9626497
And the black, im happy theres a menhera inspired print thats not overly cutesy
>>
File: IMG_7191.jpg (75KB, 690x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7191.jpg
75KB, 690x920px
>>9626498
And heres the jsk cut. Looks like the blouse has a little tooth charm on it! That trim does seems very shiny in black tho...
>>
>>9626448
Do you write such reviews with detail pictures?
>>
Baby why
>>
Is there a way to make a headbow look more gothic? Bows have always felt so sweet to me, but I really want to incorporate one into my Halloween coord which is otherwise gothic.
>>
>>9626497

That sounds adorable, and I'm looking forward to your review. Thank you so much!

>>9626512

You don't know how ironic this question is. I did quality reviews and photo dumps right here for cgl way back when taobao threads were newer and the board was more lolita-focused than general jfashion. Didn't seem so long ago that different anons were posting button closeups of different Inori releases to compare.
>>
>>9626563
The person who designed this needs to be asked to leave immediately.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (54KB, 612x436px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
54KB, 612x436px
>>9626579

Moitie releases headbows pretty regularly, so I don't think there's anything weird about using bows in gothic.

If you want to keep it more mature-looking, you can stick to smaller, less embellished bows. Try to avoid those larger headbows with a lot of lace from btssb or ap, they do use a lot of details that makes their headbows look extra sweet.
>>
>>9626205
Link anon
>>
>>9626601
heres the shop: https://shop160036401.world.taobao.com/
>>
>>9626563
okay, here's the thing about this.
though that lace looks so generic and like we've seen it a million times at our local craft store, I'm willing to bet it's of a surprisingly soft quality.
using it all over was a good idea so it looks less suspect. I think I'd prefer a floral-printed or bright colored ribbon over the striped,
>but that thick pear-skin looking fabric has my heart skipping beats

ready to see more colorways!! I don't hate this
>>
>>9626563
I love it
>>
Can anyone help me find the stock photo for these wrist cuffs? I believe they're from victorian maiden but I can't find anything and I'm not sure which series they're from.
>>
secrets
>>
>>9626819
They've been on since yesterday, you're pretty late.
>>
>>9626740
Pretty sure it's from French marine series.

The model in the stock photo wears what looks like the same wrist cuffs.
https://lolibrary.org/items/victorian-maiden-french-marine-boat-neck-op

Also the dress under your photo is the French marine ribbon dress. I think VM sold them together as a set.
>>
>>9626837
Also I have the same wrist cuffs. The buttons should have a tiny VM for Victorian maiden on them.
>>
>>9626630
It's for sale on baby right now lmao, its wine colourway isn't too bad http://www.babyssb.co.jp/onlinestore/b41js223/
>>
File: B41JS223_model-03.png (529KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B41JS223_model-03.png
529KB, 480x640px
>>9626563
Idk, it looks quite pretty on the model, the bodice is completely fucked though
>>
File: B41JS223-n-1.jpg (180KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B41JS223-n-1.jpg
180KB, 480x640px
>>9626630
The main issue with it isn't the material, it's that it looks really overdesigned. I did a crude photoshop of the JSK without all the skirt detail and IMO it looks a lot better when there's less going on.
>>
>>9626819
When will you give up
>>
>>9626895
This looks awful. Baby wtf are you doing
>>
>>9626837
Good catch! I bought the dress set together, along with a Royal Marine beret so I wasn't positive the cuffs were French marine or not. Thanks!
>>
>>9626927
When I get all my dream dresses. :^)
>>
>>9626895
It looks bad, but I kinda like it. The way it's so frumpy reminds me of a doll.
>>
A question for you gulls:
Do you go shopping in lolita? I always see girls posting "shopping trip!" with super cute coords,but lets say you want to try on a pair of normie jeans,or a fitted t-shirt.wouldn't it be a hassle to have to take off your dress/skirt,your petti and your bloomers for trying on a pair of pants? Specially with some fitting rooms being not as big as I would like them to be
>>
>>9626563
Hit me baby one more time kek
>>
>>9627053
It's possible to go shopping for more than just clothes anon. I never buy clothes in local stores anymore.
>>
File: babypls.jpg (40KB, 639x424px) Image search: [Google]
babypls.jpg
40KB, 639x424px
>>9626895
>>
>>9627053
what use would a lolita have for a tshirt and jeans? or trying on a tshirt who does that? shouldnt you know what boxy unfitted knit fits you by looking at it?
sorry im just really confused by your question. i wear lolita any time im not at work so that would include shopping for groceries, maybe a purse from HM, socks, necklaces. if your clothes are so uncomfortable that you feel like you cant try something on in a change room then maybe try dressing down a bit? wear an OP or a skirt and blouse instead of a jsk? and just one petti?
>>
>>9627349
Do you know how much of a dumbass you sound like right now? Go brag about the lace on your heart somewhere else

>inb4 samefag
I'm not, you just sound like a dipshit
>>
>>9627418
why would i call you a samefag if i only received one reply? im sorry to you and anyone else here that doesnt wear the clothes they claim to love so much!
>i didnt even claim to be a lifestyler, i dont wear the clothes to work, but i dont see how its somehow difficult to wear them in a change room
>unless you cant zip yourself in, in that case sorry that youre so wide
>>
>>9626892
>>9626895
darnit! the large Vshaped bodice detail would flatter my long busty torso so much, but there's no way I'd fit my bust into this.
so disappointed because the green has my heart.
>>
>>9627418
>being this mad about someone wearing lolita outside of meetups
Sorry you're too chickenshit to actually wear your frilly clothes, maybe consider cosplaying instead
>>
File: 1445855541882.jpg (36KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
1445855541882.jpg
36KB, 640x424px
>>9626299
Aright, thank you anon :)
>>
>>9627349
So what do you wear to work- whatever it is I bet you had to try it on. How long did it take you in the dressing room or are you not careful with your brand?
Do you even have brand?
>>
>>9627428
>falls back on calling people fat
What next, you gonna ask how mad they are?
>>
>>9627552
I wear a work uniform given to me by the company? I work in food and they gave me a small without any issues with fit so im sorry you have to try on every tshirt on the rack to realize youre a 6L while im a small.
I have almost completely brand wardrobe, mostly old AP and new baby; get stuffed like my wardrobe, little miss defensive.
>>
>>9627553
well, why else would they not be able to try on clothing. its rational to think maybe the poor dear cant zip herself up. im just being empathetic to the struggles of the modern shamu.
>>
>>9627556
Lmao you work in food. You're probably just bitter about how you have to feed 300lb people some burgers.
>>
>>9627557
Fat people try on clothing all the time, moron.
>>
>>9627699
i work at a vegan restaurant. our client base is mostly soccer moms and muslims lol
>>9627721
fat people struggling to put a tshirt on should not be wearing lolita anyway. just being honest. if it doesnt zip it doesnt fit.
>>
>>9628003
How often do the soccer moms ask to speak to your manager cause you fuck up so much?
>>
>>9628177
never. I give free cookies to kids so they'll grow up fatter than me.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.