[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General: Waiting for Burando Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 41

File: meltcrop.png (533KB, 848x565px) Image search: [Google]
meltcrop.png
533KB, 848x565px
Link to previous thread: >>9608704
>>
Did anyone else really like this shoot? It was so refreshing and new
>>
Harajuku Heart's twitter just posted this;
"Domestic orders over $50 use code 'HHLD50' free shipping, international gets $10 off shipping"

People often complain about their shipping fees, so it looks like now is the time to take advantage of there not being any shipping fees.

>>9614260
I like Lolita shoots outside of the studio environment. We get the fantasy at this point; we need to get back to more of a "living in the real world" vibe. New Lolitas that I talk to, who didn't grow up seeing all the street snaps, have a hard time envisioning how to wear Lolita outside of a tea party.
>>
>>9614266
Agreed. I loved the older street style vibe with dashes of newer trends and even normie looks (the wet baby hair??) to add some interest and mix it up while still being wearable.

I have so much hope for Melt, this was a great opener.
>>
>>9614273
Dropped pic
>>
>>9614273 >>9614276
Exactly! "Wearable" is the world I was looking for. See, I think when there was more "on the street" or "in the wild" stuff out there, it gave context to the studio shoots. The studio represents the "dream" but be all know that keeping up an ideal like that 24/7 makes the fashion less approachable. Seeing this shoot makes me think more about going out for the day in Lolita without a specific plan in mind.
>>
>>9614266
>we need to get back to more of a "living in the real world" vibe.
I wholeheartedly agree. Fancy photoshoots might be nice but these last years lolita has been lacking in "reality" if that makes sense. I wish to see more "lolitas in everyday situations" (doing their makeup and hair,waiting for/taking the subway,doing their laundry,...) type of pictures and streetsnaps
>>
>>9614309
I'm a everyday lolita/jfashion wearer (himekaji/otome kei during the week and lolita on the weekends) and have been for about three years now. I've always wanted to post my stuff on instagram or start a blog, but it seems silly when all I'm doing is putting on some Jane Marple or oldschool Meta to go get coffee with my friends, but now I'm starting to think it might be needed. Is there a market for this kind of content?
>>
>>9614314
That's admirable anon! If I may ask, what is your job? Or do you wear something toned down and acceptable to "normies"? While I have no idea on where you could post, I would gladly follow you. I can only wear it up to four/five times a month in my current situation, mainly due to being so lazy due to waking up early and not feeling like putting on makeup everyday.
>>
>>9614334
I actually work in a bank! Very boring and very stodgy.

My style is naturally more toned down, but it's definitely 100% jfashion (otome kei/soft lolita to be specific--himekaji is for Friday's or going after work lol).

I tend to get a lot of compliments and have been told by many of my superiors that they are so impressed with how I dress as a young professional. My style is more vintage tinged, and I tell people I buy most of my clothes from secondhand shops online (true), so I think everyone assumes I'm just some trendy hipster with my own ~style~

If it helps, I started adding brand pieces to normie looks and slowly transitioned from there. If I would have showed up decked out in brand one day after wearing nothing but pencil skirts and shift dresses I think it would have freaked someone out.

Pic related: the type of thing I might wear
>>
>>9614358
This is really comforting to me, I'm heading down a path where I'm most likely going to end up working at a bank so I'm happy to know I may still be able to dress cute in the future!!
>>
>>9614366
Just use common sense and pay attention to what's going on! If everyone is in full suits you may have to suit up, but if you are in a more casual department you can certainly do it. Even in more professional situations for me a blouse + a blazer + a skirt serves me well. Good luck!
>>
>>9614314
I would follow that instagram so quick. Photoshoots are fun and all but having lolita be more visible as a wearable street fashion would be awesome.
>>
>>9614314
I am also an everyday lolita and would love an instagram like this! I don't have the guts to post my coordinates on my lolita instagram, I only post them on the stories...
>>
File: chanel_and_lolita.jpg (135KB, 534x409px) Image search: [Google]
chanel_and_lolita.jpg
135KB, 534x409px
What do you guys think of mixing Lolita with Chanel? I'm looking to invest in secondhand chanel and I'm tempted to then coord it with Lolita.
>>
>>9614457
Match your colors and themes and the only people who will complain are jelly
>>
>>9614457
Bag on the right is qt

Left looks a little sad
>>
>>9614477
The bow bag has a leather center piece and then the "wings" of the bow are made out of silk-satin. I've seen a lot of them while browsing and they look really different just depending on how you stuff them.
>>
File: IMG_3724.jpg (91KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3724.jpg
91KB, 480x640px
This frightens me.
>>
>>9614314
I would gladly follow you!
Wearing cute clothes every day is my goal and I'm doing pretty well at it so far, but I always either forget to take photos or feel like I look too plain for anyone to care. So the only coords that end up on IG are those for meetups. I wouldn't blame people for thinking I'm a "meetlita".

>>9614358
I love this style so much. If I had the money I'd probably wear JM every day, too. For now I make do with Axes Femme, IW and the occasional handmade.

>>9614457
I don't see why not. Several Jfashion brands have produced bow bags like the one on the left and the one on the right is cute, too.
>>
>>9614596
.......... what is this
>>
>>9614596
Lolita doesn't even look good on these measurements... but thankfully the fatty-chans probably can't even afford it or are too stupid to know how to order it.
>>
>>9614596
>>9614659
>mfw I linked this to a friend who was complaining she wouldn't even fir into full-shirred brand
>she won't buy it even though it's her style

Now I've come to the conclusion she just wants to be salty about being too fat for lolita. If she actually gets the chance to wear it she'd probably be confronted with the fact that her weight is not the only reason she can't into lolita.
>>
>>9614596
I can't imagine what someone with a 170cm waist would look like.
That's wider than I am tall, holy shit.
>>
>>9614260
I liked that it was outdoors but I don't think the styling was anything new or creative. Maybe compared to CoF but not compared to other lolita photoshoots in magazines.
>>
>>9614314
I'd like the heck out of your photos anon

>>9614457
I wear new & vintage bags, outers, accessories, & shoes with lolita/otome/larme... but I don't post pictures. There'd probably be some jelly beans but you should do it

>>9614596
And sadly none of the girls that size will buy it. It is pretty cute
>>
>>9614678
Yeah, one thing I've noticed with certain fatty-chans is that they seem content to stew in their salty bitterness and aren't really open to any solutions. One girl in my comm talks about how much she loves classic and how sizist classic brands are, so us other classicfags are always on the lookout for alternatives. But she doesn't want custom-sized indie or Taobao because it's not burando, and she doesn't want shirred brand, either. She wants to be able to wear pic related and anything else isn't good enough.
Even if MM did start making dresses in her size, cuts like this just don't look good when your waistline is bigger around than your bust or hips. I'm pretty sure she knows this, but she continues to be so stubborn. I've given up, to be honest.
>>
>>9614457
If you've got the goods, flaunt them! I've always wanted a pink boy to wear with sweet desu
>>
What forwarding services are out there that accept Payment on Delivery?? Or just forwarding services in general?? I've only ever shopped through Tenso, Buyee and Tenshi, but now I have to find one for CoD. There's a dream dress of mine on Fril but it only accepts that way of payment...
>>
>>9614257
You made this thread too early
>>
>>9614757
Maybe try AccioTokyo or Luna's Delivery Service?
>>
>>9614776
the old thread is sage. what are you taking about?
>>
>>9614776
The janitors must have deleted some posts in the old thread.

>>9614757
Try Muuh or Accio Tokyo. I don't think they have restrictions on COD.
>>
Soo I just discovered Jabberwocky.tokyo thanks to the street snap thread and I noticed one of the articles is credited to a Western lolita. How did she do that? And why isn't Jabberwocky more well known? (I don't live under a rock and I hear about Girlism and Melt a lot even though Melt has only been released once)
>>
>>9614795
you hear about melt because it's part of the team from GLB and we're all in denial it's gone. also cathycat did an interview in melt, it's not unheard of for western lolitas to be in japanese magazines
>>
>>9614777
>>9614787
Thank you anons! I'm ordering my dress now!
>>
>>9614798
I thought Eternita was by the former GLB editor.. She doesn't live in Japan and just did an article about art, not about herself or fashion. Cathycat speaks Japanese, is a well-known youtuber and does reports on lolita.
>>
https://jabberwocky.tokyo/01-may/
Here it is btw. I think it would be cool to see more like this, especially from lolitas in my state so I could actually go there.
>>9614802
>>
What's the best brand for non-ita clip in twintails? Itas please don't answer, I would like a big variety of natural, non shiny colors. If you have to use product to dull the shine, I'm not interested
>>
>>9614457
It has to match in color and feeling/ style or you just look like a tryhard with no taste (like the girl who tried to coord a longchamp shopping bag)
>>
>>9614806
>itas please don't answer
what ita self identifies as an ita?
>>
>>9614678
To me if someone doesn't like oldschool at all, they shouldn't be in the fashion. There are so many other styles of clothes. Oldschool to me is the essence of lolita, the thing that makes it so special and cool. I don't wear much but I love it, my modern dresses are cute but feel like a different fashion, a totally different attitude
>>
>>9614809
She says it's her style though? You sound very biased.
>>
>>9614808
Hmmm I thought of this. I think if you've been posted to the ita thread more than once, or are afraid to post to CoF because you'd get posted, you should self identify. I have been posted a few times and am trying to reform my ita ways by buying nicer things instead of just cheap brand, bad wigs are one of my biggest problems
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 196x196px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 196x196px
>>9614809
>>
>>9614811
if you're worried about being ita, I would avoid two tail wigs altogether until you figure your shit out. there's lots of cute pastel wigs that go with OTT ap era sweet without being an modern ita staple.
>>
Does anyone have coords of lolitas wearing fishnets that's not oldschool or gothic?
>>
>>9614809
You're really not the one to police other people's perception of what is proper lolita and what now. I think old school is boring as fuck. I'm into the frilly pink princess site of lolita which is just as prominent and important as any other aspect as well.
Also, Idaf about Mana as well, because I was never into gothic and he wasn't relevant when I started anyway.
>>
>>9614596
This was posted last thread.
>>
>>9614811
The reason they look ita is no one trims those wigs so it looks like they have a helmet on with with additional massive ponytails which screams fake hair. Besides the fact that they are shiny and plastic looking, but the main reason is the cut.
>>
Random question: is it a good or a bad thing I never get posted in the COF thread even when I post to COF?
Like, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious why some people don't get posted.
>>
>>9614836
You're probably average or mediocre, like me. Exceptionally good or OTT coords usually get posted because they attract attention in general, and itas practically always get posted so people can talk shit anonymously, but if you don't stand out then you don't get posted unless someone is doing an indiscriminate dump.
>>
File: IMG_20170830_100656.jpg (89KB, 680x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170830_100656.jpg
89KB, 680x662px
You can now shop tax free in Osaka at Baby.
>>
Does anyone have the video in which Misako says busy lolita prints are an influence from kimono?
>>
>>9614797
She is quite a famous Western Lolita, who probably has some connections because of her work for SFE. Also she is a great person for these kind of art articles, she knows a lot about it.

Jabberwocky is more of a goth than Lolita mag if I am right.
>>
>>9614884
In that case I hope Yoh and h.Naoto come to the next SFE event.
>>
>>9614883
Did you see her wardrobe?
>>
>>9614706
Semi related, when the simplicity stuff was going around, someone posted it to an art group I'm in an multiple /artists/ commented that because Lolita is so 'exclusive' and sizeist the indie designers deserved to have their stuff stolen, despite the fact that most indie brands offer custom sizing or plus sized -_- I was so mad. And when I pointed this out to them, they continued to say the brands deserved it wtf.
>>
>>9614932
wtf? show me where they are so i can beat them up
>>
What do you miss most about GLB

I miss seeing visual kei boys model for lolita brands and seeing different pieces from the same collection together
>>
>>9614596
it's not for you, get over it.
>>
>>9614815
>explore punk lolita
>>
has anyone else ever had their SS successfully purchase a 2ndhand listed item, only for the seller to mysteriously cancel the sale for no reason??
>>
>>9614956
Okay so do you have recent coords of that with fishnet tights? Thanks in advance
>>
>>9614596
I bet it's too short. I have a plus size Lolita friend and really we've found the biggest problem is designers don't add enough extra fabric to the skirt; so then the wearer's plus size bottom fills it out too much and then it appears too short. I bet the bust on this would fit fine, but the skirt worries me.

>>9614659 >>9614678 >>9614702
This. But this is a cancer that goes beyond fattychans. There are a ton of bitter lolita who don't actually have the resources to buy stuff, but complain the stuff they want isn't being made. It really bothers me, because when/if an indie or smaller company jumps to fill that need, they face huge losses if no one actually has the money to buy it. It's gives a sense of false consumer base.

>>9614836
I never get posted anywhere. And My stuff is publicly available. I don't know why exactly, but I think it has to do being pretty okay-ish and not extreme in either direction.
>>
File: image.jpg (203KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203KB, 800x600px
>>9614962
>recent punk coordinates
punk has been pretty dead for ages, but I have the vague feeling it's going to make a small comeback based the recent interest in old school and casual in the western comm, and some of the styling I've seen in Japanese magazines.

I know I'm personally looking at some of my gothic platforms and my tartan skirts and wondering if I should give it a go. I'm too much of a pansy to post anything till I see movement in that direction though
>>
>>9614811
I think you're a little fucked in the head for being this reliant on cgl tier opinions.
There are definitely those who have been posted to the ita thread more than once and they still weren't ita.

Also some of us don't post to CoF because it's not worth while.
>>
File: 1500148628839.jpg (970KB, 2292x3470px) Image search: [Google]
1500148628839.jpg
970KB, 2292x3470px
>>9614815
There were some in Melt, quite a few got posted to CoF in the past few months as well (I blame larme).
>>
>>9614995
You blame larme for the fishnets or the coords? Because those coords are probably the least larme thing in that magazine.

Also, anon requested not gothic and that was their gothic spread. Still gorgeous, though. Coord on the right was my favorite in the issue.
>>
>>9614997
>what is reading comprehension
just got what you >>9614989
meant, sorry!
>>
>>9614706
>pretty sure she knows this

Well. That's the thing. There's a good amount of people who don't understand proper fit and think owning a piece of clothing shown on a mannequin will make them look like said mannequin as long as the clothing is in their size. Given everything else you've mentioned about this individual, I wouldn't be surprised if their view is as such.
>>
>>9614997
I blame larme for the fishnets in the CoF coords, not the Melt ones. They're not coming up with a FB search for "fishnets" but IIRC there were a few people wearing fishnets or fishnet socks with AP's obvious larme-inspired recent releases, like that dress with the polka dots and hearts that got pinkxblack and lavxblack colourways (don't follow sweet so can't remember the name). I think fishnets looks best with modern pieces that look more trendy, since they're a normie trend right now - maybe something like this would look good with fishnet socks:
http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/112083

Totally skimmed over the fact she asked for non-gothic, that's my bad.
>>
>>9614995
>>9615004
Fishnets have been a huge trend in normie fashion since last year so I don't think of it as a larme thing. I'm >>9604379 and was told they were posted in CoF but the thread reached imagelimit so they can't post them there. I'm looking at CoF right now but don't see any at all.
>>
>>9615015
There are a couple in the Instagram tag for Dolly Dot, you could probably find more examples searching the tags for other larme bait prints:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWmQxbvA1ca/?tagged=dollydot
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYYXzbmgFjd/?tagged=dollydot
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUCljbblm7T/?tagged=dollydot
>>
>>9614814
What style do you have in mind? I was worried twintails would look bad but I want to do ott sweet so bad
>>
>>9614984
>I bet it's too short.
It's 104cm long, which is about 10cm longer than standard lolita dresses and 15cm longer than a lot of AP.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 533x800px
>>9615059
Really any pastel lolita wig will do. Start with a long curly one with himecut or sideswept bangs for baby's first wig. Try to stick with a single color too--split and mix wigs are harder to pull off
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 800x561px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 800x561px
>>9615070
Natural colors will also work, as long as they have the right volume for balance

>yes, that's fanny
>>
>>9614903
Shit, this is ultimate goals. She probably has more dresses than a Baby/AP store
>>
>>9614903
Her wardrobe is the same size of my house jc
>>
>>9614903
How does she even find anything? It doesn't seem organized by colour or style at all (other than that I can see three gingham dresses near each other), is it organized by brand maybe?
>>
>>9614903
Love the curtains
>>
>>9614903
I wonder what misako does if she wants to sell a dress? if I was her (She is technically a celebrity ig) I would use a fake username or just dump stuff at closet child. I feel like people would be weird about wanting buy clothes that she used to own for creepy reasons/bragging rights... or if she even sells anything at all?

Whens this pic from btw? I remember she did a room tour for Kawaii I and her wardrobe was in her room and she had skirts too, the racks were like shelves with dresses kept at the top
>>
>>9615073
wuuuut. she looks shopped behind that coord lol
I never thought she'd look so weird in straight sweet, let alone any style.
mature, historical, and classic really do suit her the best
>>
File: needit_hermes.jpg (405KB, 460x961px) Image search: [Google]
needit_hermes.jpg
405KB, 460x961px
>Can't understand the value in a classic handbag by a French brand that costs over 10k.
>Does some digging into their past collections; just want to try and understand the insanity
>Finds this
>Eye twitches
> It's so... Ridiculous...
>I NEED IT
>He will be my best friend
>We will grow old together
>Share every adventure
>And tell each other secrets
>>
>>9615179
It's from her IG account.
>>
>>9615123
I was thinking that too. I also wonder what she looks like with her uniform.
>>9615188
The solids are cute! I curse you for showing me this anon, i already had a purse problem
>>
>>
>>9615188
I would still cut a bitch for a Kelly, but these are hilarious I need one
>>
>>9615179
She probably gives it to a friend or something. She has a ton of girlfriends.
>>
i won an auction on lacemarket like 10 days ago and the seller hasn't even read my message, what do i do? i asked them questions about the listing before and they answered pretty quickly so i don't understand why they haven't answered yet about my win
>>
>>9615185
I think part of it is the wig. Dark brown hair looks much nicer than that blond-ish wig on her.
>>
>>9615206
Message the LM Mods on Facebook. They'll help you out and give you the seller's email.
>>
How long does wunderwelt take to reply if you buy through lacemarket?
I sent the email they requested with all the info.
Three days later they didn't reply and sent me a reminder email.
I sent two more emails from different accounts, still no response. Is this normal? Help I just want my damaged wunderwelt
>>
>>9615217
Reminder message on lacemarket I meant, not a reminder email.
>>
>>9615198
you should be ashamed of yourself for bringing normie Facebook memes to 4chan
>>
>>9615234
We make normie memes into lolita memes all the time, what the fuck are you talking about. I mean literally there's so many normie memes we've either slapped a bow on or traced over to make it lolita.
>>
>>9615191
She posts from her nursing job sometimes on her ig live feed or whatever the fuck it's called.
>>
>>9615217
Did you follow all the instructions include adding your order number and item name to the subject line? I bought from them two weeks ago thru LM they got back to me right away
>>
>>9615235
They're usually normie 4chan memes though, normie Facebook memes only started showing up on here about a year ago and I'm still bitter.
>>
How do you prevent your brand socks from wearing out?
I find that after one wear mine usually end up with a hole somewhere in the toes, and after multiple + a hand wash or two, all of the threads that form the print are falling out and looking like shit. If I get cheap socks, major pilling ensues. Don't know how to prevent this.
>>
>>9615321
I wear ankle socks over mine if they're not visible from my shoes
>>
>>9614276
It's alright, but does not fit the theme of either print.
>>
>>9615321
Make sure your nails are short and not freshly cut (they are sharper). Also try wearing nylons or another pair of light socks under your socks. Then during the event, if you take a bathroom break for instance, readjust your socks to make sure you're not putting too much stress on the toes. I also have the problem of putting holes in the toe in everything I wear. This is the only way I've avoided it for at least a little while.

Threads popping out after washing has not happened to me though, are you being too rough? How exactly are you washing your socks?
Pilling on cheap socks is going to happen, cheaper materials pill easily with friction.
>>
>>9615313
nofunallowed.png
>>
>>9615290
Yep I did, don't know what's wrong. Just sent another email and sent them a lacemarket message saying I sent 4 emails hope it'll be ok lol
>>
Honestly it's comments like >>9615323 that make me think >>9614266 is right.
>>
>>9615070
That's really cute, I'll have to look for a nice quality one.
>>9615073
This makes me not want a natural wig anymore, the one on the left looks so old and my skin is too tan for most blondes
>>
>>9615313
Fyi, 4chan is 18+
>>
>>9615406
I think Fanny Rosie is almost 30, and these are her friends so they probably are relatively old
>>
>>9615206
LM is being buggy for me and I missed a couple notifications (never sent that auctions had sold), maybe there is a problem like that
>>
>>9615179
Sometimes she sells them at her tea parties
>>
>>9615198
Where is the lie
>>9615276
The stories? I'll check that, TA
>>9615073
I have such a crush on her, although i also prefer her classic coords
>>
>>9615235
Memes in general are terrible
>>
>>9615198
Most embarrassing behavior
>>
Does anyone else kind of giggle when there's an anon here who is desperately seeking a dress, gets it and then posts it on COF or Facebook in general? Or posts about receiving a rare or sought after dress here and then very soon you see someone wearing it on Facebook? Maybe because I'm just a much more secretive gull but I wouldn't have the guts to make myself that obvious..
>>
>>9615513
The more you hide the fact you're on here, the more people will question why if they find out. If it's only obvious you were in the dream dress or mail thread (which are both socially acceptable reasons to be here) and you try to hide that it's going to look like you feel guilty about something
>>
>>9614903
Anyone else annoyed it's not organized by colour or style ? It might be by brand but even then it's still messy looking. I think there's milk on the right hand rack but the rest is baby ?
>>
>>9615531
Do we ever even see her in anything but Baby on IG? Is not wearing other lolita brands part of her contract, like as a spokesmodel thing, even though she has modelled for loads over the years? Just off the top of my head there's Putumayo, Triple Fortune, Meta, and a few Taobao brands paid for her, but in her personal life you only ever see her in Baby and "soft lolita" otome brands like MILK and Leur Getter...I don't know if they're genuinely just her favourites and she doesn't like anything from anyone else, or if it's Japanese business etiquette for her not to wear others. She posted some pics of herself in VM on Insta lately but they looked like part of a paid(?) photoshoot and were maybe sponsored, since she tagged the brand when she normally doesn't bother.
>>
>>9615531
Ya, at least she could organize by type. Blouse with blouse, etc
>>
Yeah, why isn't Misako as autisticly ocd like the rest of cgl?!
>>
File: misako2.jpg (23KB, 400x590px) Image search: [Google]
misako2.jpg
23KB, 400x590px
>>9615191
Apparently like this
>>
File: misako1.jpg (12KB, 324x228px) Image search: [Google]
misako1.jpg
12KB, 324x228px
>>9615580
or this
>>
File: 20170830_205425.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170830_205425.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
I haven't worn lolita in a few years, and I really want to sell everything, but thinking about selling my dresses makes me want to cry.
>>
>>9615619
Put on an outfit just for funsies at home - if you still find yourself loving it, save the dresses, but if it just isn't doing it for you, then it might be time to let it go.
>>
>>9615619
Well KonMari would say don't sell it. They still have value as a collection if you like them. I have like 4 of the same print and don't wear them all, I just collect it
>>
>>9615403
It's a photoshoot, not a street snap, you idiot. There's plenty of street snaps and "day to day" lolita shots still. This just feels cheap, not "casual".
>>
>>>9615411
>not knowing Cadney
>>
would love to see the harlequin cat print piece in more detail. is it BPN? I bought a handmade skirt made from that fabric and love the print.
>>
>>9615703
sorry, too tired to 4chin properly
>>9615619
>>
>>9615563
Maybe you should have taken one more look at her ig and twitter before posting this long as bullshit
>>
>>9615619
If you do decide to sell, put everything up at the same time because lots of Europeans combine shipping.
>>
>>9615573
You meant organised?
>>9615580
Always cute! And no crocs either!
>>9615581
Still cute, makes me like my fringe since it looks like hers.
>>
>>9614276
Reminds me of this old jane marple photoshoot where the model is in a striped navy/black dress on a ladder, holding an umbrella. It's similarly composed. Does anyone have the picture? I can't find it right now.
>>
>>9615563
She posted photos of herself awhile back in an American brand that she wore at a convention and it looks like she wore it out and about in the city near there?
She's also posted stuff from ETC while out and about I'm pretty sure. Now I'm curious to go back and look !
>>
>>9615735 here. Just went back and looked. There's a shitton more on there and Facebook. Even Haenuli.
>>
>>9615513
No, because it's not worth caring about. However I do giggle at people like you who think those things actually matter.
>>
File: IMG_8957.jpg (83KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8957.jpg
83KB, 375x500px
>>9615726
Literally first thing on google after Miss Marple pictures
>>
File: tumblr_ovj7onEstG1qbuhibo2_540.jpg (199KB, 540x764px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovj7onEstG1qbuhibo2_540.jpg
199KB, 540x764px
>>9615198
It has never been more true
>>
>>9614806
With any synthetic wig or hair piece, you're going to have to use a product to dull the shine. That's just how it is. I don't think they make human hair clip-in twintails.
>>
>>9615326
Not pilling, but the contrasting threads that run through the socks start to unravel. I am very gentle with the socks.
>>
>>9615804
This makes me want to get that ETC skirt even more so my friend can get the AP JSK and we can do matching coords without the same main-piece
>>
>>9615563
My real question is do we have Misako in anything AP? I'm eyeing her closet as well, trying to find AP prints.

Also a question for everyone: If you were a sweet lolita model and had to choose one brand forever, would you choose AP or Baby? You have to pretend like the other sweet brand doesn't exist and the one you choose is forever a part of your image like Misako.
>>
>>9615857
Why are you making them the only two options?
>>
>>9615857
I don't follow Misako at all but I've seen several videos of her at AP shops and I think she's even worked with AP USA?
>>
>>9615658
Not every photo shoot needs to match the ~theme~ of a dress. See >>9615751
>>
File: 47010_original.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
47010_original.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So many of AP's recent releases honestly look like cheap, shitty clipart all thrown together.
It makes me sad. Lovely Shopping is a fucking joke.

I miss the detailed and stylized border prints from the height of OTT sweet. Even the all over prints from that time had such a distinct, detailed, and cute style, like Sweet Jam.

There is so little detailing when it comes to lace, seams, trims, etc. as well.

AP has always been my favorite brand, but it feels like they got a whole new designer and decided to cheap out on everything.
>>
>>9615895
They do have at least 2 other designers besides M&A
>>
>>9615804
This is really sad... it just looks like a cheap taobao brand tried to copy Dreamy Girl. The JSK is the more tolerable piece here but what the fuck AP, getting real tired of that OP style for every release.
>>
>>9614260
anyone have scans for it?
>>
>>9615804
Ew. It looks like some cheap Taobao dress. It's so tacky. AP is getting more and more cheap and ugly looking.
>>
Does anyone have tips for removing dark scuff marks from matte Melissa shoes? I've tried my usual tricks, including magic erasers, to no avail. Am I fucked?
>>
>>9615892
In Deka Wanko she at least acted as an AP shop girl. Dunno if it was true in 2010.
>>
>>9615804
This is so fucking ugly, especially in red. It looks like cheap wrapping paper and I'm not happy to see the return of the half-assed bow.

>>9615857
Probably Baby/AatP since I like more of their stuff overall, but there are some AP releases I'd be sad to miss out on.
>>
>>9615892
>>9616062
That's paid promotion and modelling jobs though, anon was asking about what she wore in her time off.
>>
is this the right place to ask what's up with that shanice stella girl?
>>
>>9615804
and yet another overloaded AP Print. It could be so much better if they either left out the bigger hearts or made them more subtle. I like the cuts though
>>
>>9616084
She's a weird person from Indonesia without a life? She sends friend requests to like every lolita...
>>
Does anyone have experience with listing lolita auctions on ebay? My sales are sitting on LM for months now and I'm thinking about putting them all on ebay with $5-$25 starting bids.
>>
>tfw want to maintain a brand main piece only wardrobe
>usually never really like dresses that aren't old Baby,IW or Meta
>browse taobao and see this
>40$
Fuck, I'm confused. But I haven't bought a non burando MP in years.
>>
>>9615015
rather than saying it isn't larme because it's been a normie trend larme is basically the extreme version of current normie trends (faux fur/feather textures, ruffles, clear/transparent/sheer fabric, dots, fishnets, etc)
>>
>>9616137
there's no real reason to worry about where your dresses come from as long as you like them and they're good quality anon. do some research and decide based on your likes instead of some made up qualification
>>
>>9616084
I don't know her personally but she sounds like she has some form of autism.

>>9616133
Something to keep in mind about ebay is their selling fees are higher than Paypal's. Otherwise auctions on ebay are pretty straightforward.
>>
>>9615848
Are you always handwashing your socks or throwing them in the washer? I can't imagine the socks starting to unravel after handwashing, so it's hard to say what you're doing wrong.
>>
>>9616133
Why not just do the same on LM? Why switch to ebay when you'll get less visibility?
>>
>>9616137
No-one gives a fuck anon, seriously.
>>
>>9616169
Thank you, I forgot to consider this.

>>9616172
I feel like sales drown fast in LM's layout and people forget about auctions easier.
>>
File: 1503777365615.jpg (181KB, 513x574px) Image search: [Google]
1503777365615.jpg
181KB, 513x574px
>>9616173
>being this salty on an anonymous Taiwanese claymation forum
>>
>>9616173
who peed in your cereals anon?
>>
>>9616137
Looks cute to me! Go to the taobao thread and see if anyone has experience with them. I'm a huge brandwhore and I'll still gladly admit there are taobao pieces I love. As long as it's designed well and good quality go for it.
>>
>>9616137
I hate it and I love sailor dresses
>>
>>9615895
>that gross stained fabric
>there's a hair too
>>
>>9616065
She was wondering if there's something in Misako's contract to only wear Baby. I don't know shit about Japanese laws but I don't think Misako even has a contract with Baby, and if she did it would make no sense that she is not allowed to wear AP in her free time but she is allowed to work for them.
>>
>>9616180
You get notifications when you're outbid by email, so I don't really agree. But it's up to you, I just think you'd get better results where people are already looking for cheap sales in their country.
>>
>>9616137
It looks cheap as hell, anon. Maybe buy it and understand why brand is better. It's okay to have some cheap pieces, but I seriously thing just about anything from IW could beat this.
>>
Hi gulls, I've made my first reservation ever at ap for some items of the Halloween treats collection, but can someone tell me how long it usually takes for those items to be shipped? Sage for this is probably a really stupid question
>>
>>9616222
It should say on the reservation page when they're expected to ship.
>>
>>9616230
I've ordered via Paris and the mail just says that they'll inform me when they shipped the item
>>
>>9616206
nayrt but heh, doesn't look any worse than ap's current quality
>>
>>9616206
>>9616137
I think this would be fine to jump around in. only things I don't care for:
>the narrow yolk
>the wide cheerleader pleats
>the relatively small hem circum, which gives the skirt a displeasing shape paired with the wide pleats
>skeptical of quality and attachment of ribbon bands at hem and cuffs

Miss Point does some sailor/academy-style classic with good quality. Dear Celine is top tier, and also has released a few of these.
>>
>>9616260
IW uses pleats like that all the time (albeit on less-stiff fabric), and I don't see your issue with the yoke. With you on Dear Celine but their price new is comparable to second-hand IW anyway.
>>
>>9616137
Drop that link anon
>>
File: VilmaOP.jpg (22KB, 250x334px) Image search: [Google]
VilmaOP.jpg
22KB, 250x334px
>>9616137
That's an IW replica, and a bad looking one at that.
>>
>>9615619
>Honey picnic

I like your taste
>>
>>9616310
>tfw I like the replica more

The wide bib and awkward skirt length/cut on the original aren't as cute to me.
>>
>>9616245
Stop lying to yourself
>>
>>9615123
>>9615531
Wild guess, but it looks like it might be OTT-ish OPs on the first rack, regular lolita on the second and third, and soft lolita on the right. Within that I'm wondering if it could just be in order of when she last wore it. Back when people had CD collections some people used to move each CD to the front every time they actually played it so it was obvious what they never ended up listening to. She could be using that system to cull her wardrobe, or to avoid repeating dresses too soon since she has to make public appearances a lot.

There's a few things in the first half of that second rail that have been on her IG recently, for example.
>>
>>9616426
My condolences for your shit taste.
>>
File: alrighty.png (52KB, 490x543px) Image search: [Google]
alrighty.png
52KB, 490x543px
Thoughts? Some girl posted it in Lolita Humor and i'm having some trouble believing it.
>>
>>9616509
Has anything funny ever been posted to this group
>>
>>9616514
Sometimes there are funny posts/relatable posts but lots of girls are treating it as a personal blog and share unfunny things that nobody cares about
>>
>>9616509
BL have been pretty cavalier about licensing, being replica-makers in the past, but I still cannot believe the thing he said about the Disney movies, it makes no sense even without licensing concerns - by the time there's more than a name in development (character sketches etc) the whole world will know.
>>
>>9616426
The other one looks really poorly constructed and now you even know for sure it's a replica. This would've been my "sign" not to get it. I don't really believe you buy brand at this point if you seriously think the replica looks better of the two.

Have fun with your cheaply made replica trash and never being able to post it online because now it's a known knock-off.
>>
>>9616552
I'm not the anon who posted it, I'm a completely different person with plenty of brand and no intention of buying either dress. My comment was about the design, not the construction, and I stand by that - the skirt on the IW one looks too long and awkward for the casual vibe the replica's going for, the material doesn't hang nicely, and I genuinely prefer the design with four buttons to two. No need to get so mad over someone having different taste.
>>
>>9616552
anon who wanted the dress here. No need to get your panties in a bunch you walnut. I'm not gonna buy it now that I know it's a replica anyway (am against it), but I do support what the other anon said about the design.
>>
>>9616260
thanks for telling me, i'll be checking them out! i never really bought from taobao since i only own brand and secondhand when it comes to lolita
>>
>>9614903
I wonder if its organized by release date?
>>
>9615188
Those are cute but the pink one looks like a pig to me.
>>
>>9616562
>the material doesn't hang nicely
Nayrt, but what? Did you even notice the waist bunching awkwardly in the replica? The fabric they used is too thick/stiff to fall nicely. I also agree that shorter is more flattering, but you're comparing a model picture to IW mannequin (which IW isn't known for nice stock pictures which you should know that as you own IW).
>>
>>9616509
i'ld like some orlando lolis to confirm pls
>>
>>9615704
Not that anon, but if it's the same dress I have then it's by Atelier Pierrot. BPN (or maybe PN, I don't recall) used it too though, I've seen a skirt made with that fabric from them.
>>
File: misako aoki - ap.jpg (48KB, 461x629px) Image search: [Google]
misako aoki - ap.jpg
48KB, 461x629px
>>9615857
>>
>>9615857
>fantastic dolly
>>
>>9615857
>dreaming present
>>
File: misako aoki - ap wonder cookie.png (303KB, 336x600px) Image search: [Google]
misako aoki - ap wonder cookie.png
303KB, 336x600px
>>9615857
>wonder cookie
>>
>>9616137
It looks really cheap. Buy one of the IW originals instead, they use this design a lot.
>>
>>9616509
I do remember something about lolitas meeting Yan at an amusement park but those conversations sound really made up. As much of a weirdo as Yan is, even he has more tact than to immediately tell a girl her clothes are overpriced and she should buy from him instead, a few minutes after meeting her. Sounds like she's trying too hard to one off as a brandwhore who ebin trololololod le Yan xD
>>
Can you name any singers or groups with a decidedly lolita aesthetic? (e.g. Ali Project, Hatsuki Yura, Shimotsuki Haruka)
>>
>>9616959
This reminds me I used to follow a tumblr that tagged lolita music with a lolita aesthetic with music and films with a lolita aesthetic with tv but I changed accounts and now I can't find it anymore
>>
>>9616959
Other than the classic Malice Mizer and Moi dix Mois? Kokusyoku Sumire is one of my favorites, as is Kanon Wakeshima, or her earlier works at least, not entirely sure what she's up to now. Merry Merli wear lolita in their videos but their music may not appeal to everyone, and Tamura Yukari has super cutesy music and has worn lolita in a music video for her song Chelsea Girl. That's what I can remember off the top of my head.
>>
>>9616959
you just answered your own question
>>
>>9616959
>>9616979
Oh, and Nana Kitade of course. She isn't very lolita-esque these days as far as I know but she usually appeals to the nostalgic oldschool crowd.
>>
>>9616889
Her other "friend" who validated her sounds equally cringe desu
>>
>>9616959
>>9616979
>>9616983
Also, Moon Kana, another icon from the fashion's days of yore.
>>
>>9616979
>Other than the classic
>Kokusyoku Sumire
ok...
>>
File: meta.png (466KB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
meta.png
466KB, 500x584px
There's this high waisted skirt that I want on Meta, but I'm a bit of a chubby chan and have a bigger waist, that of 71cm. The actual size of it is 62cm with shirring and stretch, so I'm worried that I'll look retarded whilst wearing it. Can chubby chans actually pull off high waists or??
>>
>>9616992
>Other than the classic Malize Mizer and Moi dix Mois
What part of this was unclear? Do you mean that KS are also considered classic "lolita music"? I don't argue with that but they're apparently not as well known as MM and MMM.
>>
>>9616986
Also, Kaya often wears brand and his music fits the aesthetic alot
>>
>>9615073
Holy shit, they made FannyRose look like a sweet lolita pleb. Really lost in this look
>>
>>9616509
>Sure Yan
I chuckled
>>9616615
>Lolis
Actually kys
>>9616850
Aaaaah DJlolita!!
>>
Does anyone have pics of really great lolita bangs on a white girl without super thick hair? I'm getting some cut today and I want to bring a picture.
>>
Does anyone still communicate on tumblr anymore? Years ago I actually made friends, lolita and not, through it, but now it seems like hardly anyone is even interacting with me on the site. I get likes and reboots but no replies to my posts, answers to questions or messages, PMS, etc. Feels like I'm whispering into a black hole.
>>
>>9617059
I talk to people on tumblr, though not about lolita. The chat system is a bit wonky like everything else there but it's better and easier than using the ask system.
>>
Is it a thing on Yahoo J! auctions to change the end time of auctions? I have been watching my bid, but the end time keeps increasing g by 5 minutes. Is this something sellers normally do?
>>
>>9617062

Bids are automatically extended by five minutes if someone tries sniping.
>>
>>9617066
Oh God the stress, I just want these stupid shoes. Ty for the reply.
>>
>>9617000
It depends mostly on your shape. Do you have clear waist definition? People with defined waists can look great in cuts like that, but if you're apple shaped or so fat that your waist sticks out rather than dips in, it will only call attention to that. I've known chubby girls with pear/hourglass fat distribution who look really good in high-waisted skirts with a bit of help from shapewear.
That said, I don't recommend buying anything that is significantly under your measurements.
>>
>>9617048
Ask the hair thread. Also, have an alternative plan in case it goes south. I tried a himecut this weekend and wound up looking like a 90s sitcom character. I tried sideswept and they look much better
>>
>>9617059
Same, I used to get a lot of replies to my questions and text posts. Made a new account a few months ago and I have more followers now but nobody says anything.
>>
>>9617047
I say loli irl
>>
>>9617102
frenchlita here, many of us abbreviate it to loli and nobody bats an eye. If you're getting that triggered over an abbreviation (even though i understand loli can be assimilated to lolicon which is fucking disgusting) you should probably take the sand out of your vagina.
>>
>>9617059
I haven't gotten anything in ages, but I stopped posting for a while and most of my followers have probably left the site. I should probably just move to insta
>>
>>9617090
I asked there but the thread is a bit slow. I've had bangs before and they're usually pretty good, but sometimes they come out weird and not how I want when I get them cut in. Side swept looks good on me too, I just want something easy to wear headdresses and Alice bows.
>>
>>9617059
not really, but it's still a good platform to build up a "fan base" of sorts. i get messages from time to time but i really don't care about interacting with others. instagram might be more social nowadays, however the new algorithm makes it more challenging to be seen.

i think the truth is that hardly anybody cares about what anybody else has to say, especially a text post by an internet rando, so interaction is lessening. even with a lot of followers my text posts have meager exposure. tumblr is for a e s t h e t i c now
>>
>>9617134
I really miss the Internet of the late 1990s and early 2000s. I made so many friends, and plenty of people actually wanted to make friends. I still keep in touch with some of those people.
The Internet is all about posturing and ego now.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>tfw package stuck in customs since 5 days
they sure are quick to ask us for money but when it comes to actually doing shit...
>>
>>9617178
Same, I really feel you anon.
>>
>>9617181
And then they demand you pay them for opening your package and holding it hostage for a week...
>>
>>9617207
Every.damn.time.
I hate being european at time like these, man.
>>
idk if this is the thread to post, but does anyone have any tips on how to wear a sack dress without looking like a giant blob?
I'm still fairly new to the fashion so I haven't seen anyone wear one outside of the standard look (just the dress alone).
>>
>>9617333
Wear a binder if you have boobs bigger than B cup, use an a line petticoat and you should look fine
>>
>>9617348
sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you mean the binder under or over the dress...? i know some lolitas wear corsets over their dresses
>>
>>9617354
Under. A sports bra may work as well
>>
>>9617333
I like the look of a nice waist cincher or wide belt over a sack dress, but that kinda defeats the purpose of sack dresses.

>>9617354
Binders are always underwear. I don't even know if decorative binders exist.
>>
>>9617358
>>9617360
thank you both!! i'll look into binders and waist cinchers.
>>
Since we're on the term of sackdresses right now...can someone post pictures of girls with boobs wearing them? I'll receive my first sack dress soon and I can't imagine them to look this bad on someone who has boobs.
>>
>>9617392
You only need to bind your chest if necessary! You can't see your waist under sack cuts, so you don't need to restrain yourself there
>>
>>9617395
Practically every woman has boobs, anon. If you mean BIG boobs, say that. It may also help to specify exactly how big.
>>
>>9617395
there's a video by victorianme's friend about how to wear lolita when you are "curvy." She makes sack dresses look halfway decent on her, and I'm considering buying one now https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XjhSaefJVYc
>>
>>9616959
Iruma Rioka. She sometimes wears lolita and lolita inspired pieces in her videos, but her music is very whimisical and some are fairytale inspired.
>>
>>9617399
Sorry, I meant big boobs. I got an Ecup but have a 65cm underbust. So, I feel really insecure about that the dress my look stupid on me. I thought it may fit like a babydoll cut if the waist ties are tightened properly
>>
>>9617404
>She
Is she really a girl? Looks like a crossdressing guy in most pics but maybe years of seeing male VK artists with the same make-up have biased me.
>>
>>9615849
Are you referring to the ETC print with eyelashes?
>>
>>9616959
Yousei Teikoku
>>
>>9617416
No, which one is that?
>>
>>9617408
Definitely a woman. The guitarist for her band is male and the violinist is female.
>>
>>9617082
This is only flattering in lolita if you're not busty on top of that. Otherwise it just accentuates your bust even more with high waist skirts.

>>9617000
Don't do it. I own a meta piece that said 62cm waist and it's 56-64cm waist with that 64cm max. People say Meta is the fat girl brand but certain pieces are super tiny. You can pull off high waist cuts, but I'd recommend wearing a jacket or bolero on top instead of just a blouse.
>>
Can anyone tell me the max measurements for the Holy Lantern zipper jsk? I'm about to buy it from a friend, my bust is about 97 cm but I've been losing weight like crazy so by the time I get it I'll probably be a lot smaller.
>>
>>9617706
Massive, lol. I'm a fattychan with a 115 cm bust and it's still got a ton of stretch on me, my petite/smaller friends absolutely swim in it
>>
Considering how my wardrobe has changed over the years and price checking a few dresses I'd like to repurchase made me realize how much the trends have changed in the past 3 or 4 years. A lot of the dresses that used to be DD for a lot of anons and go for a good amount of money (not loads, or anything) are now either total duds or quite cheap.

For AP, Chess Chocolate, Toy Fantasy, Toy Parade, all come to mind.

Baby seems to have fared even worse. Dresses like Twinkle Constellation, Circus Tutu, etc. sell for peanuts if at all now.

What other dresses/prints haven't survived the hype? Is it changing tastes and new brand preferences?
>>
File: dress.png (719KB, 437x700px) Image search: [Google]
dress.png
719KB, 437x700px
>>9615619
Name of that black dress, please?
>>
>>9617856
Cat swordsman by Atelier Peirrot
https://lolibrary.org/items/atelier-pierrot-cat-swordsman-jsk
>>
>>9617804
>Toy Fantasy, Toy Parade
Those kind of prints were slapped with the ageplay stigma so they're nowhere near as wanted now. It's too bad, honestly, we basically ruined some parts of the fashion for ourselves.
>>
Hey gulls, I recently got back into lolita after awhile and have done some heavy wardrobe cleaning. I used to be pretty careless, and have a "lolita is meant to be worn, desu!" attitude, which meant wearing it to parties and other places where it wasn't really well taken care of, then come home and throw it into the closet and forget about it until I wanted to wear it again and deal with any damage then.
All the major fixes have been made, like stains and missing buttons (thank goodness for the buttons sewn onto inside tags...), stuff I don't want anymore has been sold, but I'm tempted to do a full overhaul and make my wardrobe as brand-spankin'-new as possible and just hand wash/dry clean/whatever everything, take a magnifying glass to it for loose threads, etc.
Part of me finds the idea relaxing but I could probably be doing better things, too...
No specific question, but does anyone have any thoughts/experience on this, or general wardrobe maintenance for people who want to take care of their things better?
Also, do you guys detach the waist ties for storage? I know Japanese lolitas seem to do that a lot, but it doesn't seem like as much of a thing for westerners.
Do you like garment bags for storage? I tried it once but I liked seeing my stuff out in the open better.
>>
>>9614659
>Lolita doesn't even look good on these measurements

Better than muumuus and sweatpants.
I don't understand why you don't encourage people to try their best and then shit on stuff clearly not meant for you. So bitter.
>>
>>9618019
The point is NOTHING looks good with those measurements. They should be focused on fatloss not dresses
>>
>>9617956
Thank you, kind anon.
>>
>>9618010
That's sooo gross. Please spend the weekend washing your clothes.
>>
>>9618036
They have been washed, just every 2-3 wears
>>
File: chrome_2017-09-02_02-48-01.png (979KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-09-02_02-48-01.png
979KB, 600x600px
Can I have an ID on this JSK?
>>
>>9618010
>a "lolita is meant to be worn, desu!" attitude
...Implying it's not meant to be worn? Sorry, I don't understand this statement.
In any case, I get daily use out of my frills and wash most of my garments by hand, everything else goes in the machine on delicate cycle inside a laundry bag to protect the lace and such, and I've never had issues.
Torchon lace demands extra care so I straighten it out by hand to make sure it keeps its shape, it's a bit tedious but worth the effort.
I keep detachable pieces separately because they have a risk of snagging fabrics or wear down buttons when attached in storage, and I don't use garment bags, from my understanding they can trap humidity and might cause mold. Not risking any of that.
>>
>>9618054
I think it's from leur getter
>>
>>9618068
Thanks so much! Been looking for like 30 minutes because my girlfriend was too lazy to.
>>
so Jabberwocky and Eternita are from former GLB editor and staff, Kerastyle is from former Kera staff, who is in charge of Melt?
>>
>>9618080
The designers of Triple Fortune, I believe.
>>
Can anyone who owns or owned the vampire requiem JSK help me out?
It seems the 2011 release is quite bigger than the 2009 release, is this true and if yes, how can I spot the 2011 release?
I have some JSKs bookmarked, but I just realized I might get one that won't properly fit..
>>
How much does this dress usually go for? Is it hard to find?
>>
>>9618085
According to lolibrary the measurements are the same, but the 2011 version is longer. Don't know anything about the actual measurements. Since the length is mentioned most time, you should spot the year trough that.
>>
>>9618085
I used to own the corset JSK but could not for the life of me figure out which release I had because the bust/waist felt way too loose to be the 2009 but the length was too short to be the 2011. If you're worried about the bust/waist shirring I don't actually think there's that much of a difference.
>>
>>9618116
Are you sure? Lolibrary says for me the waist of the 2009 release is 64-76 and for the 2011 release 72-82.
>>
File: 03240115_58d3f493ac3b3.jpg (261KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
03240115_58d3f493ac3b3.jpg
261KB, 500x600px
Did anyone buy this AP cardigan from the sales section, any colour? How big does it comfortably go? Site says it's only 42cm wide, so 84cm bust, but has stretch. I've got BtSSB cardigans that are small and look strained on me at 89cm, so if AP goes bigger I'd replace them.

http://angelicpretty-onlineshop.com/products/detail.php?product_id=3382
>>
>>9618120
I only looked at the bust, sorry anon. Weird the waist would differ so much when the bust doesn't. I think >>9618119 might be right, that there isn't much of a different then.
>>
>>9618119
it was probably stretched out
>>
>>9618019
I'd rather encourage them to lose weight to fit into brand properly. It's not being bitter, lolita emphasizes a lot of things plus size girls really should avoid, especially if their body is apple shaped. Stop being so delusional that just because it's large enough to fit that it looks good.
>>
>>9618178
Right? If your proportions are so large that *generously* shirred brand can't fit, you've got bigger (literally) problems than trying to get into a luxury fashion. Take care of yourself first. It's not like you're going to look nice if you're squeezing into shit.
>>
File: tumblr_ohttza1FsR1sqtf1uo6_1280.jpg (263KB, 799x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohttza1FsR1sqtf1uo6_1280.jpg
263KB, 799x1200px
Does anyone know what dress this is?
>>
>>9618182
I think it's from Ank Rouge
>>
Lolita has given me a really different view of what 'fat' is. Before this fashion, I thought I was just a bit chubby. Now I feel like a whale. I feel bad about complaining or even mentioning around normie friends, because they're all about my size or bigger. Compared to my waist, I'm very busty, but it just makes me want to scream. I love this fashion so much but it really does make you want to starve yourself.
>>
>>9618205
What are your measurements?
>>
>>9618205
Lolita actually makes me feel a lot more comfortable than most normie fashion. No one sees my pudgy thighs, chubby upper arms, flabby lovehandles or lack of a defined waist. The fact that I don't have a butt is also not an issue like it is in pants or normie skirts and dresses. I like that many items have shirring, too.
The self-image issues you have come from within yourself, not the from the fashion.
>>
>>9618205
>it really does make you want to starve yourself.
Not if you were slim before you started anon. :^)
>>
>>9618205
Starving yourself might not help if you're busty.

t. anon who lost 13 lb and got borderline underweight trying to fit her DD and still only lost 2" from the bust (binder worked though)
>>
>>9618211
The problem isn't that I'm uncomfortable with what's hidden, proportionally anyway. I know I can wear some normie stuff and look hot AF, but in lolita, this fucking BUST is a curse.
>>9618209
96cm bust, 70 waist, 96 hips. I used to be very thin because I was ill, but at that point, my bust was around 84cm. I really wish I could get that back even if it means I'm left with saggy pancake lumps
>>
>>9618226
Don't underbust jsks and skirts look fine?
>>
>>9618226
Your measurements sound fine, if you can get your bust down to 92 you'll fit most modern lolita. I've been between 84cm and 92cm bust with a 60-70cm waist ever since I started four years ago and it's fine.
>>
>>9618231
Not that Anon but also busty and high waisted skirts and underbust cuts make me look like a hooker or something. It
>>
>>9618090
It's hard to find as most MmM pieces are and expect somewhere between 13 000 yen to 20 000 yen
>>
>>9618085
I used to own the first release and second release JSK's and the second version was indeed a bit larger around the waist (around 70cm min. I think which was too huge on me). The first version fit me better, I think the min waist was around 65cm or something. I don't know how you can spot a difference just from pictures though. Better ask the seller for exact measurements.
>>
Is Victorian Maiden not continuing with Beth? They haven't released anything new in ages.
>>
>>9618281
Yeah the problem is, the ones I have bookmarked are from japanese sellers and I doubt I can get reliable measurements from them.
>>
>>9618299
A more personal SS like Tenshi might be able to message them and ask.
>>
What would be a reasonable asking price for JetJ's La bibliothèque OP with minor damage? I have the op in size 1, in the antique black colourway. However there's a run in the chiffon fabric, on the chiffon skirt flap thing. The damage is small, but I don't want to price it too high. I hope it's okay asking here; there's no price check thread, and my phone wouldn't allow me create a new thread.
>>
>>9618299
I believe the older version is on lacemarket atm, you could always ask that seller.
>>
There's a seller on LM that's selling her Wonder Cookie set. I would stay far away. She has a constant flea problem.
>>
>>9618226
I got the exact same measurements and just look p fine
>>
>>9618019
People with a >140cm/55" waist shouldn't have to wear rags but they absolutely should be focused on weightloss instead of buying luxury clothes that only fit them as long as they're morbidly obese. Investing money in luxury dresses with a 140-170cm waist only reinforces that size as their permanent state of being, while in reality someone that big would drop pounds like crazy by simply improving their diet and going for daily walks. Plus the fact that morbid obesity strongly correlates with a low income so any money that might otherwise have gone to a gym membership or healthy food might now be redirected to imported frilly Japanese dresses, which for someone in that much danger of obesity-related health issues just isn't right.
>>
Shit. JetJ is re-releasing one of my dream dresses at a Shanghai only event. Is there any way I can use a shopping service for this or am I fucked?
>>
>>9614457
Absolutely! Go for it. Can't go wrong with classics!
>>
>>9618484
hold up which dress is it?
>>
I know this probably sounds horrifying but has anyone tried bleaching an all white dress before? There's a used brand dress super cheap because it's stained a bit. Is it a bad idea to go for it in hopes I could bleach the crap out of it lol?
>>
>>9618565
Why would you use bleach? You'll damage the fabric. Just use a white vinegar stain removal solution. If it's minor staining, it should be easy enough to remove. No need to break out the toxic chemicals.
>>
>>9614457
I feel like I've seen a Chinese lolitas do this on IG but I can't think of specific names. I tried searching Mixagram for various lolita-related hashtags with #chanel and #シャネル but nothing useful came up.
>>
>>9618331
whoa wait what. which one, i'm seeing two sets
also deets
>>
>>9618562
Robe de Celadon, along with another printed dress
>>
>>9618619
https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/wonder-cookie-jsk-full-set
>>
>>9618584
The seller listed it as having "major damage" although from the photos it didn't seem so bad. I just thought bleach because I'm not sure how old the stains are and I'd probably lighten the dress overall since it's a bit faded. But this sounds like a better idea thank you!
>>
>>9618645
she has 104 positive feedbacks despite a problem with fleas??
>>
>>9618664
bleach has a tendency to turn clothes yellow instead of white so its best to use something like oxyclean whitening detergent, or anything thats peroxide whitening rather than straight up chemical bleach.
>kinda gross but im a taxidermist, if you use bleach to whiten bones they turn yellow and disintegrate but if you use peroxide and then dry in the sunlight its a great whitener
>works wonders on blouses if you collect old school used shit too
>>
>>9619512
What if I put peroxide on my teeth
>>
>>9620138
tooth whitening strips have peroxide in them so go ahead, but itll hurt your tongue and pls no swallow
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.