[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Abunai Gull Invasion" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 44

File: OP image.jpg (2MB, 2884x2060px) Image search: [Google]
OP image.jpg
2MB, 2884x2060px
Last time in our thread >>9598297
>Abunai happened. It had wonderful meets, drama, complaints and people having fun!
>Animecon announced their new date; June 15th - 17th in the World Forum. Crowne Plaza is the official Gull Hotel
>Yaycon has announced their new date: February 11th
>DynamicCon also announced their new date: January 21st
>Tomo are being royal assholes by AGAIN hosting an event during Nishicon despite Nishi already having changed their date because of this before
>Overdone and sexy cosplay talk
>Motion sickness from playing video games
>What is talking face to face?
>Anon is looking to get out of a cosplay burn-out
>Toxic people
>My Tully plushies came in and they're adorable!
>Post con depression ;,;
>WIP shots, let's not forget about those!

The next five major events:
>Amsterdam Comic Con (September 2nd & 3rd, Amsterdam NH), a comic con with a mediocre reputation.
>Special Edition Cringe Party (September 23rd, Dordrecht ZH). The invite specially mentioned us and how we're welcome to join.
>Elfia Arcen (September 23rd & 24rd, Arcen LB), the second edition in 2017 of this outdoor fantasy convention. Now with 100% more Hertog Jan breweries in the vicinity!
>TomoFair (September 30th & October 1st, Nijmegen GL), literally a gym hall with dealers selling bootlegs.
>Firstlook Gaming (October 7th & 8th, Utrecht UT), a gaming con for gamers living the gamer live.
The full con calendar with Google Calendar support can be found at https://www.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders for newfags:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST GLOBAL 4CHAN RULES AND WILL BE REMOVED!
>We have a newcomers guide at https://churi.nl/newcomers-guide
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Posting WIP pictures and/or progress about your current projects is encouraged.

Are you enough of a bad ass to handle a flock of Seagull critics? Come and join our Discord at https://discord.gg/kjQxd4S
>>
first
>>
First. For bouncy castles.
>>
I was wrong in the last thread, if you want a room at nishi by yourself it's 32,50 a night extra not 50.
Also (yes massively late) I was at the Crowne Plaza last animecon and saw somebody with a tully plushie. Yet I've never gone to a meeting because 'people will judge' also kudos to the girls in the seagull masks.
>>
>I was at the Crowne Plaza last animecon and saw somebody with a tully plushie.
Wait, someone had a Tully plushie at Animecon and nobody bothered to tell me? SHAME!
In other news, I still don't know who the anon was who originally posted Tully in one of my first threads. Is it weird that this is really bugging me out?
>>
Anyone knows who prostitute d.va was at animecon?
>>
>>9613794
MissHorrorModel.As if we needed any more fake attention whores.
>>
>>9613794
Which one? There were like four of them. And one with a cardboard box and a bulge.
>>
Why were there so many Team Skull cosplays?
>>
>>9613875
Maybe you should learn what your limit is and not drink yourself to the floor.
>>
>>9613889
cause it's an easy cosplay and even the laziest people had plenty of time to get the outfit together i guess
>>
>>9613889
Lazy cheap cosplay if you want to do any pokemon character aside from the basic ash/misty. Plus opportunity to act swaggy and cool. I do lazy cosplays as well so not judging on that part, but them playing music in the hallways while in a group was annoying.
>>
>>9613898
Tell that to Alyssa/Sylvanas
>>
>>9613332
there was almost no dubstep played, what in the actual hell are you talking about
it was mostly stock EDM though, which was what somewhat disappointing, I wanted more weeb shit
did like the old Dutch banger block at the end though
>>
>>9613732
>people will judge
??? it's a 4chan meeting
>>
>>9613997
Yeah she was wasted, same as that nigger that 20 minutes before Sylvanas collapsed also collapsed and puking all over the place and just kept puking they had to move her away.
>>
>>9614031
I saw that, they took them away by wheelchair, felt bad for the hotelstaff that had to clean it up
>>
>>9614039
Yeah they just gave the poor the guy a bucket and a scraper.
>>
>>9613997
I love the fact how she totally passed out from drinking too much (while wearing her sylvanas costume), but still got the guts to blame deshima/abunai for her sickness....
>>
>>9614071
You always have idiots that blame staff and organizers for their own dumb actions and the lack of knowledge about hotel rules, the normal law or convention rules. I always feel bad for the volunteers that have to uphold those rules and get shit thrown at them for it. They don't make the rules after all.
>>
>>9614071
I heard her mom and sister were there as well giving her an earful. And she only had what, 2 beers?
>>
Anyone else think the lolita com has gone to shit? The only ones left are the itas, weaboos, crossdressers and others who are on the spectrum.

No wonder all the decent lolitas meet in private, away from cons and such.
>>
>>9614094
>Only two beers
Well, to be fair Duvel does tend to hit hard on an empty stomach.
>>
>>9614200
>2 Duvels
>puking
Bro what the Hell man. I get not everybody is made for keg stands but if you know you literally cannot handle any alcohol then don't fucking touch it.

Some people man.
>>
>>9614507
Wtf are you talking about. The itas in the fashion show weren't any better. At least the really bad itas didn't get on a stage to show off their shitty outfits.
>>
>>9614218
Or, you know, just be a responsible light weight. Sit down at the Abdijbar, have one drink and take your time to enjoy it. Don't have more and try to go dancing in a room that may or may not have AC problems.
>>
>Nederlandse cons
>Geen vlaamse cons
kys
>>
>>9613889
I actually liked them, they had all the right team skull moves and were really funny on the dance floor.
Actually made me kind of sad I don't have a huge cosplay group of the same team.
>>
Only 2 beers? No, she was drunk on tequila and shit or something according to some people. You really do not pass out from 2 beers. Because then I would have passed out from partying all night on 2 passoa's xD
>>
>>9614616
Yeah the Team Skull people were nice during the short period I saw them over at the Karaoke bar.
>>
I heard that there was some beef between two Team Skull groups as well?
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 474x179px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 474x179px
Here's the first vendor questioning where to stand...
>>
>>9614664
My guess is both desu
>>
>>9614721
Kaomoji fits better at Nishicon. But maybe they can get in more money during one day of TomoFair. I don't know to be honest.
>>
>>9613732
>also kudos to the girls in the seagull masks
T-thanks s-senpai
>>
Hij dutchgulls, gonna hit up abunai next year bc tfw no Deshima in the uk, what should I expect? I'm going with a bilingual Dutch friend so I'm hoping the language barrier won't be too much of an issue
>>
>>9614735
The convention communication is in English, so that is a plus!
>>
>>9614218
>What is sarcasm?

>>9614721
Yeah, this is going to be an interesting little saga. I do hope most (quality) dealers opt for Nishicon over TomoFair Capelle a/d IJssel just to send a message to Tomo. Of course in reality it will likely be a monetary matter where dealers opt for the event where they can make the biggest profit. Let's just hope Nishi is already busy doing some extra work to lure in the better stands, not to mention content.
>>
>>9614735
Literally everyone here speaks English there so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. At most you'll have to ask if a lecture can be given in English if you attend it. This is usually never an issue (most lecture material is prepared in English anyway).
>>
>>9614172
I have never been to a lolita meet. I don't understand it at all. It's just clothes, wear them or not but why organise an event to wear your clothes?
>>
>>9614740
TomoFair Capelle a/d IJssel? I thought it was Rotterdam? I'm trying to look for the location, but can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>9614754
Because Lolita is officially considered a sub-culture. Just like cosplay, basically.
But, you know... Dutch people.
>>
>>9614551
Okay I just looked up the fashion show and I don't think they look ita (I like the one with the AP bear coord) but the wigs are really bad.

>>9614758
That doesn't explain anything
>>
>>9614735
I'd say expect a good time but do keep your expectations realistic. Yes our cons are nice, but they aren't some perfect utopian experience. In terms of content a lot of it is held in English and the fast majority of our population speaks English as well. Despite that it's still polite if you could learn some basic Dutch phrases like "Do you speak English" rather than flat out assuming everyone does. If you want I could record some of these and post them on vocaroo.

As for Abunai specific things, there are very little sleeping accomodations in the direct area and the con hotel is pretty much booked entirely within the first 7 minutes of opening room registrations. Saturday and weekend tickets tend to sell out two weeks before the con, so do buy them in advance as well. If you're planning on cosplaying I'd also suggest sticking with cooler costumes as the weather during Abunai tends to be hot and humid. Finally while we have embraced PIN transactions, you'd probably want to bring some cash with you just in case. This year for instance the PIN device at the food court coin desk was acting up and if I hadn't brought some cash I wouldn't been able to buy me dinner. If you've got any more questions just let us know.
>>
>>9614766
To add up on the PIN story; I wanted to buy a sunday door ticket half by cash and half by PIN, but their system didn't support that.
>>
>>9614755
No, while their event is called TomoFair Rotterdam it's actually hosted in Capelle a/d IJssel as >>9607430 posted:
>They mailed the info to existing dealers. They don't even mention in the e-mail that it's actually in Capelle a/d IJssel, which is kinda rude considering they're already asking us to book our tables.
Basically it's a cheap trick to make visitors believe their event is in a (more) central location than it really is. They also pull this crap with TomoCon by claiming it's in Oss while in reality it's in Berghem, at a location that's about 2.5 kilometres away from the train station in a town with no public transport during the weekends.
>>
>>9614780
And before Tomo Damage Control rushes in to defend TomoCon on our anonymous historically accurate West-Indies reenactment prop forum, yes TomoCon had shuttle busses to and from the con. Unfortunately the busses to the con only ran until 12:30ish and if you wanted to leave early you couldn't because the busses back didn't ran until later that day. Basically you had no other option but to stay and wait for your only way out of that shithole.
>>
>>9614765
That hambeast? Her outfit didn't match at all. Something you would expect from a beginner (but if that's what she is, I'll take my words back).
>>
>>9614740
I ended up choosing tomofair and I kinda hate myself for it. I don't like giving them money but I earn decently at tomofairs. Meanwhile, nishi didn't promote themselves for crap last year and their hotel costs are absurd. I know other artists didn't do that great there last year so I was happy I skipped.

Mind you, tomo keeps upping the prices for their tables so my patience with them is running out as well. Lots of artists aren't attending tomo anymore for that reason.
>>
>>9613889
I was part of the large group of ~20 of them. We were all together

Easy cosplay that was divided over the group so each person only had to make one item (but make like 20 of the item)

I think one of our highlights was at the dating show
>>
What's going on between Nishicon and Tomofair? Is one better than the other? Why are they taking each other's dates?
>>
>>9614754
I like developing relationships with other people in the fashion because it's fun, we can sell/trade stuff to each other without having to ship things, we can help each other find dream items etc. For some people, meetups are also the only place they feel comfortable wearing the clothes. Personally I wear it by myself too but some coords are a little too over the top to get groceries in so I reserve those for when I'm meeting up with people who really appreciate them.
>>
>>9614859
see
>>9613408
>>9613419
Nishicon is a normal anime convention, tomowhatever is a glorified market that's trying to take over and push out other conventions by planning extra events on the same dates. Tomo is the only agressor here.
>>
>>9614766
Thanks for all the info anon! My friend shoujd be able to help teach me some phrases, and I'm staying at her place so accomm shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>9614816
This is why you can't have a nice lolita comm
>>
>>9614859
Long story not quite short: Tomofair is like a geek-oriented market that makes most of it's money by renting tables to vendors. Visitors can get in for really cheap or even free, which is something a lot of young fans like, because it gives them a cheap opportunity to cosplay. The overal experience for visitors, however, isn't all that pleasant. The fairs are often very crowded and aside from buying stuff there isn't all that much to do.

That's just one reason why don't like Tomo though. Tomo events tend to be cheap and rather poorly organised. They're for-profit affairs and the organisers (who own Red Dot, a major anime/merchandise vendor within the Dutch borders) are getting aggressive. While the non-profit cons try to stay out of eachothers timeframes to avoid needless competition, Tomo has been actively trespassing in other cons' territories. Nishicon is the latest victim.

Meanwhile, Nishicon is a rather cozy 'normal' Dutch anime convention. Nothing spectacular, but it's like going back in time and that has its own charm. Most of us aren't particularly attached to it, but we'd hate to see a well-meaning fan initiative lose out to a commercial steamroller with an attitude problem.
>>
>>9614859
>February 11th: Nishicon "Winter Wonderland" was announced to take place on January 5th - 7th 2018. This is the same weekend as TomoFair Amsterdam 2018 was planned for.
>March 10th: Nishicon officially changed their date to February 23rd - 25th 2018 as it's common courtesy to not host multiple conventions on the same day.
>August 23rd: Tomo sends out an email out to all dealers in their system inviting them to TomoFair "Rotterdam" on the 24th of February, the same weekend as Nishicon.
>/cgl/ has denounced Tomo, telling the world they are not to be trusted!
>August 29th: The discussion is brought back to live on the AFN FB group. TomoMark receives a public complaint about Tomo fucking Nishi over like this and in true TomoPR fashion tells the guy to stop whining and fuck off >>9613408
>Also August 29th: Deshima Jimmy spills some insider info. Nishi had in fact contacted Tomo to let them know they changed dates so their events wouldn't be on the same days. Tomo already had another event (TomoFair Rotterdam) planned for that weekend as well but REFUSED to say anything because "Nishi never asked". According to Deshima Jimmy this means everything is Nishicon's fault because Tomo had the plans for an event that weekend before Nishi and Nishi should had asked Tomo if they had any more plans.
Basically it's just Tomo being their usual cancerous self. However the worst part of any cancer is how it spreads until there is nothing left to salvage. As it stands Tomo/RDC is co-sponsering major cons like Animecon and Abunai. Anon Tomo essentially financed TomoBrian in his (hostile) takeover of GamePit, which resulted in gamerooms at all other cons than Tomo being mediocre at best. Performous Karaoke is closely tied to Tomo as well and as Deshima gets to play at all Tomo events it's no wonder they are now backing up Tomo as well.
I've said it before and will say it again, Tomo is the cancer that is killing Dutch conventions.
>>
File: condrama.jpg (277KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
condrama.jpg
277KB, 960x720px
>>
File: fixed that for you.jpg (377KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
fixed that for you.jpg
377KB, 960x720px
>>9614964
Fixed that for you!
>>
>>9614816
Don't kid yourself, all Lolita is garbage.
>>
>>9614977
I'm generally a fan of Deshima people, but I honestly can NEVER EVER stand behind Tomo. EVER.

They can go fuck themselves imo.
>>
>>9615013
Well Deshima was at Nishi last year. They will probably be at Nishi again this time.
Defending Tomo =/= not supporting Nishi
>>
>>9614897
funny to find your friend on here, hi, you can always ask me
>>
>>9614942
glad deshima isnt tied to them
>>
>>9615010
So is all cosplay.
>>
>>9615028
Indeed, although it wouldn't surprise me if Tomo ends up doing their best to pull another TomoMove at Nishi. If anything we know enough about them to know there's no way they'll behave like decent people and change dates just like Nishi did before.
>>
>>9615013
Well Jimmy is an odd person to begin with. Back when he was part of the animecon crew, animecon was the best and all others were garbage. then he got kicked out and animecon is trash and he uses any occasion to talk shit about animecon.
>>
>>9615048
There are other conventions Tomo want to break.

From MGC we still don't know a new date. Maybe Tomo will add another TomoFair to the calendar. Who knows. The concept works, so why not?
>>
File: leaked Tomo agenda.png (97KB, 703x878px) Image search: [Google]
leaked Tomo agenda.png
97KB, 703x878px
>>9615052
>Maybe Tomo will add another TomoFair to the calendar. Who knows. The concept works, so why not?
I can see it happen already...
>>
>>9615018
True, but the way Jimmy was more or less implying that Tomo wasn't at fault had me going 'wait whut?'
>>
>>9615058
>TomoFair Eindhoven, Kasteel Arcen

What. And now I really just want to send a bunch of (used) Dildo's to TomoX.
>>
>>9615095
>And now I really just want to send a bunch of (used) Dildo's to TomoX.
https://www.kvk.nl/orderstraat/product-kiezen/?kvknummer=64361314
>>
>>9615108
Unfortunately I don't have a bunch of dildo's at my disposal.
>>
>>9615095
Maybe Abunai will be selling dildos soon
>>
>>9614863
This reads as "lolitas have low self-confidence so we have meetings to not feel shit about our crappy fashion".

Your parents must be deeply ashamed.
>>
>>9615121
We'll find a way.
>>
>>9614913
Well, if your best example is some ddlg-styled lardo, I don't see your fashion survive for much longer.
>>
>>9615040
Speaking of cosplay... I noticed a recent development in cosplay (or maybe not recent, living quite under a rock). But it's the thongs. The g-strings. And apparently part of a cosplay that requires one to bare half of one's buttocks.

I already noticed them on Tomoparty, but yeah, that's Tomoparty. But I also saw them on Abunai. My girlfriend said it might be contagious.
>>
>>9615134
To outsiders, anything (sweet) lolita is ageplay.
>>
File: mediocre.jpg (20KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
mediocre.jpg
20KB, 480x270px
>>9615125
Did you even try with this bait?
>>
>>9615138
Don't tell anyone, but I sometimes just go commando underneath my armour. no one knows.

Wait.
>>
>>9615138
Blame Kill-la-Kill.

(Or, if we're talking about the less intentional ones: a bunch of young women who don't know how clothes work.)
>>
>>9615052
MGC got fucked over by their venue because it got double-booked, and they kicked MGC off the roster as the smaller venue. They're taking a gap year and maybe a new location in 2018.
>>
>>9615193
That is kinda sad for MGC. Hope they can come back!
>>
Tachyons, are you okay? We haven't heard from you in a while now. Please let us know you're still alive okay?
>>
File: _20170830_224610.jpg (195KB, 1080x1281px) Image search: [Google]
_20170830_224610.jpg
195KB, 1080x1281px
Rumormill confirmation number 2: Abunais main sponsor wonbthe Amv contest with a so-so amv.
>>
Anyone knows the feeling about wanting to cosplay a character, but a lot of people have done the main skin already? Like if a cosplay has been done well by another person in NL, I feel like I'm better off cosplaying another skin than being like 'meh she looks better than me' not because I care about what other people think, but my own insecurities?
I'll go to sleep now
>>
>>9615193
Man, I hope they can find a new location. I liked their location at the green building. Can't remember the name of it again.
>>
>>9615049
He was also the one complaining about that girl joining the competitions scene on animecon while her boyfriend works backstage and jada jada all that.
>>
>>9614718
Nothing serious, but one Guzma was being an asshole to other people cosplaying Guzma.
>>
>>9615227
And what exactly does this confirm? Absolutely nothing, that's what!
>>
>>9615222

We are genuinely worried, Tachy.
>>
>>9614610
This, why are you excluding us OP?
>>
>>9615522
unlike animecon that has a voting system, abunai chooses the winners.
And that a mediocre at best amv, that just so happens to be made by a sponsor won. Its like everyone i spoke to after the amv was surprised this one won.
Look if it had been the best amv, ok, but this reeks.
It would be like someone from winning wcs in a cardboard cosplay, and just happened to be in the organization.
>>
>>9615330
don't bother doing a skin no one will recognize you, people will recognize OC's before they recognize you.
>>
>>9615330
I know the feeling. >>9615762 says not to bother, but I guess it depends on how popular the skin is.

I just personally choose other cosplays by that point, which challenges myself, teaches me new things and I will enjoy.
>>
>>9615330
You should just do what you think you will enjoy most. If you think your experience will be ruined by the existance of another cosplayer, don't go for it. If you think "fuck whatever others think or do", then do go for it.
There are always doubles at conventions, and there's always people who look better and people who look less. Both can enjoy the con, and I personally would enjoy a chat with either cosplayer if I like the character, regardless of how good the cosplay is.

But yeah I can understand your feelings
>>
>>9615334
Screenshots or it didn't happen.
>>
File: tomo4chan.jpg (91KB, 555x883px) Image search: [Google]
tomo4chan.jpg
91KB, 555x883px
The Tomo Nishi drama continues
Apparently the Tomo location says they had their first contact with tomo on July 17th.
Nishi changed dates in March.
>>
>>9615873
The comments on this show TomoMark's real intentions once again. Great marketing campaign right here. I guess it hurts when someone starts to dig up your dirt.
>>
>>9615873
Now TomoMark is playing the victim. Awwww... /s
>>
>>9615873
Doesn't help that Gamerooms Brian is trying to make up excuses for Tomo. If they were planning it in advance, why didn't they tell Nishicon and why did they contact their venue this late?
>>
>>9615873
Could you upload the sceenshots?
>>
>>9615886
Brian's screenshot proves they already tried Tomo Rotterdam for february 2017. So yeah they had plans, but they obviously only fixed the date 6 weeks ago. Also every other Sunday in February was available
>>
aww it got deleted.
>>
And the drama continues in Eriks new post
>>
>>9615058
>Tomofair Apeldoorn
>Keukenhof
They really need to step up their game in topgraphy
>>
>>9615897
to elaborate. Erik posted he deleted the post on request, but Tomomark and Brian decided to stir up the drama once again under this post.
>>
One thing for sure, TomoMark is a poor poor thing. /s
>>
>>9615904
One thing is fore sure: both parties are not very professional, as we could all read it. Thanks for the popcorn, guys! Also funny as they are all guys. Sounds like they are a bit incompetent with communication. Let someone else do it.
>>
>>9615906
well desu I'd be incredibly pissed with Tomo if I were Nishi. Exposing the shady side of Tomo is not very professional, but I think it had to be done.
>>
>>9615909
But now Tomo can play the victim card over and over again.
>>
>>9615909
There's unfortunately not a more professional way in which they could've handled it. What should they have done otherwise when they learned tomo lied in the public conversation.

If Tomo didn't want their shady to be exposed they shouldn't've acted shady in the first place.
>>
>>961505 Are they trying to get a monopoly on the conmarket here or something
>>
Tomo wants to be the very best....
>>
>>9615152
Haha ye alot of "sexy" cosplays on abunai some made my eyes bleed. Maybe easy attention? Or they all wanna be cosfamous. But yeah it was super hot so i would not wanna wear a 3 piece costume
>>
>>9615356
That's the "PLAY" part of Cosplay I guess.
>>
>>9615141
You understand that the lolitas are the outsiders, right?
>>
File: IMG_0689.jpg (83KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0689.jpg
83KB, 1137x640px
>>
>>9615992
Do you also got TomoBrian's screenshot? He confirms Erik is talking shit. #popcorn
>>
File: TOMO IS NIET FAIR.jpg (465KB, 768x571px) Image search: [Google]
TOMO IS NIET FAIR.jpg
465KB, 768x571px
>>9615873
>>9615992
>>
>>9616004
OMG, for certain; you are unemployed, but this is priceless!
>>
File: IMG_0690.jpg (80KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0690.jpg
80KB, 1137x640px
>>9616001

Nope, i'm sorry. I'll dump everything I got.
>>
Maybe Brian wants to upload it here?
>>
File: IMG_0691.jpg (236KB, 1080x1273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0691.jpg
236KB, 1080x1273px
>>9616004

Hahaha, this is gold. Thank you for this.
>>
>>9616001
What do you mean Erik is talking shit?
Brian's screenshot only confirms they had been trying to set up Tomo Rotterdam for almost 2 years now. Fact remains that they only got their date and location 6 weeks ago. They had already cancelled tomo rotterdam twice, and after Nishi's dateswitch they decided to still go through with it and keep that date. They could have just decided not to revive a 2times failed con setup.
>>
decision is easy for me. Nishicon it is
>>
>>9615621
This years amvs were so bad, there were only 3 non shit ones this year and even those weren't all that great.
>>
Tomo is just shit. they know Nishi has this date planned, they know last year they had another event plan an event at the same date. And instead of being 'well, let's a be a nice and friendly community' nope!
And it is not only about who has the location and date first, it's also about publication, dealers, already solds tickets, who can still change their dates etc etc. And lets be honest. Nishi already changed their dates, it would really be common courtesy for tomo to change theirs, dont say a word about what happened and just have the tomofair another weekend. It's not like they have high-class expensive locations that need to be reserved well ahead.
*raging on* *going to nishicon*
>>
>>9616001
>>9616025
To be honest I see at least 3 points where all of this could had been easily prevented or fixed.

1) Way back when Nishicon changed their date so it wouldn't be in the same weekend as TomoFair Amsterdam they notified Tomo. Tomo could had simply let Nishi known about their plans for TomoFair Rotterdam right then and there but decided not to because "they never asked XD". If they had chosen to show some common courtesy and had shared their plans all of this could had been worked out we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.

2) For a long time TomoFair Rotterdam wasn't announced yet and nowhere near the point of no return. It had no booked location yet (and even then changed locations twice) and nobody outside Tomo knew it existed yet. Tomo could had shown some dignity and simply reschedule TomoFair for another weekend just as Nishicon did for them. Instead they knowingly and willingly went on with their original plan and break what is considered to be common courtesy in the convention scene.

3) When shit went public both parties really should had decided to get in touch, talk things through, and come to a solution. Releasing a quick statement explaining the situation and the mutual solution would had been enough to defuse the situation (for now). Instead we ended up with TomoMark telling people to fuck off when confronted about the situation, NishiErik publicly debunking Tomo's claims and denouncing them, and TomoMark conveniently remembering new information after being exposed.

It's funny how it all boils down to poor communication and Tomo pulling some royal dick moves. As for defusing the current situation, my bet is on full radio silence while things are being worked out behind the scenes. It's either that, eternal hatred, or one party going vendetta and exposing the other party wrong by completely releasing all correspondence and proof of their lies.
>>
File: tomocon strikes again.png (106KB, 502x462px) Image search: [Google]
tomocon strikes again.png
106KB, 502x462px
>>9616121
Funny thing is, Tomo decided to hold a discount action just after this. Probably to sortof "restore their reputation." That's all just speculation though. It would be a huge coincidence if this was already planned by them though.
>>
>>9616138
There they go again. Dollar raining dem free tickets
>>
>>9616138
No, this already online since last week. Wonder how many people order these?
>>
>>9616144
It is a lot more tempting now for the average con guest without inside knowledge
>>
>>9616144
Ah, fb says its only online since 4 hours.. so thats why its confusing
>>
File: trap-er-niet-in-1.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
trap-er-niet-in-1.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>9616138
>>9616143
>Double the pre-sale price for TomoFair Nijmegen
>Hand out "free tickets" to everyone on the mailing list and put a month long "special offer" up on Facebook to trick people into believing what a great offer this is
I'll let Kuzu do the word here.
>>
>>9613881
The cardboard box D.Va was pretty cool. The bulge was unfortunate, his make-up was decent.
>>
>>9616001
You mean this one?
Not that it speaks of organizing Tomo R'dam 2017. Which basically doesn't prove anything.
Pretty sure Nishi can screenshot a mail from 2016 that they had plans to organize a Nishi 2018. Same thing.
>>
>>9616271
>Comic-Sans
>Arguments not lined out properly for easy comparing
>Center line is skewed
>Photos are not cropped to fit as a nice roster
>Solid white BG
>Using JPG for text heavy images
This triggers me in so many levels...
>>
Delicious drama desu.

I like how even despite trying so hard those involved in Tomo* are just too autistic to make their "business plans" succeed. Mark and Brain are literally REEEEing autists fighting petty fights.

Any dealer going to Tomo instead of Nishi is retarded unless their main customers are 14 y/o poorfag kiddos.
>>
I'm going to TomoFair :3
>>
>>9616338
Going aswell.but first let me take a selfie at nishicon.
>>
>>9616341
Okay just take a selfie with me at TomoFair Anon
>>
Im going to nishi but at least i keep my dignity by not shitting on tomo. Instead i vote with my wallet.

Nobody forces yoi to go to tomofair! Just ignore it.
>>
>>9616350
Of course they don't force Yuri on Ice to go. It's fiction after all.
>>
File: tomobike.jpg (132KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
tomobike.jpg
132KB, 500x680px
>>9616350
If Tomo doesn't want people to shit on them then maybe they should stop asking for it. So far we've simply stated the facts, had a quick laugh and discussed how easily this entire childish ordeal could had been prevented. Not exactly shitting if you ask me, not by /cgl/'s standards.

Besides to use your own words: Nobody forces you to join the conversation! Just ignore it.
>>
File: Untitled-3.png (34KB, 1127x484px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.png
34KB, 1127x484px
>>
>>9615886
Gamerooms Brian --> TomoBrian, since Gamerooms is pretty much property of Tomo...
Explains a lot though
>>
>>9616479
>property of Tomo
Including Brian?
>>
I found an old nishi e-mail, ticket price 12,50. I kind of forgot this is going to be their 6th edition already/
>>
File: lenny.jpg (36KB, 605x223px) Image search: [Google]
lenny.jpg
36KB, 605x223px
>>9616482
Especially Brian
>>
In before shitstorm:

Animecon rooms
Our partner did not entirely understood the instructions to open the rooms at 8 AM. This caused a few rooms to be booked before 6:30.
These are valid as action has been taken at this point when we became aware.
After that until 8, the rooms will be canceled.

Is this the best solution? Probably not. But it was the one that was most feasible at the time.

I am happy to answer genuine normal questions and comments about this issue.
>>
When you're trying to book a hotel but your roommate is asleep >.> also sad because within like 8 minutes novotel was sold out.
>>
>>9616271
Can we stop with the racial slurs, especially in trying to defend Nishi? It just makes them look racist by association.
>>
>>9616893
Well, being sold out within minutes was and is always to be expected. Everybody and their pet wants to stay in the novotel
>>
File: 20170901_100713.png (393KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20170901_100713.png
393KB, 1440x2560px
A litle something different, but...
This is pretty useless if you ask me..
>>
>>9616938
Nobody is asking you tho, lol.
If it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it could help other people.
>>
>>9616941
*couldnt
>>
>>9616941
Not saying it couldn't help others, but looking at the fact that it has 4 likes and it comes from a random cosplay photographer seems to me like another useless attempt on "making the community great again"
>>
>>9616938
>block out name at the top
>doesn't block out name at the bottom
Well done!
>>
Anyone else going to ACC this weekend?
>>
>>9617013
>ACC
I'd rather punch myself in the dick repeatedly than going to that shithole again.
>>
>>9617023
A lot of dicks in this thread. More dicks to come.
>>
>>9617013
Have never been to ACC but it's close so I'll give it a try. Not expecting much, but also not having anything better to do.
>>
>>9617040
Pretty much the same for me
>>
>>9615330
Don't worry about there being doubles, do the character you like and if you're cool about it, they usually will be too. (if they're not, they're just not worth it)
One year there were three other people walking around cosplaying the same as me and I made it my goal to take pics with each of them and be happy together that we liked the same character, all of them really nice people!
No one was better or worse than the other, we just did the cosplays in different ways wich was really interesting to see.
>>
All this talk has made me really want to go to Nishicon and then I find out I have to wait until february.
>>
>>9617013
I'm going
>>
>>9617013
I'll be there.
>>
File: VID_20170901_135737_2.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
VID_20170901_135737_2.webm
2MB, 640x480px
I got my first 3D printer and I cannot be happier for the price I paid. The quality is amazing and the modding community has so much content that I'll be able to use.
This is a dead space marker printed on 0.2mm with zero infill so I could put a quick xmas rgb led in it. I'll modify the model with a base so I can put it around the led base and switch.

(for those interested it's an Anet A8 from Ali that I paid 150eu for, it prints min 0.1mm, prints PLA and ABS and has a heated bed. Ordered from germany warehouse so no customs fee)
>>
>>9616938
This could be handy for physical handicaps. You could share which hotels are the most wheelchair friendly and whichs cons to avoid because staff didn't do shit, when little shits stole your crutches (I've seen this happen at some non-geeky related festival).
>>
>>9617073
For a second I thought the first thing you printed was some sort of pseudo Dragon dildo.

With a cave explorer lamp, for the adventourus types.
>>
>>9617073
>Anet A8
did you have to assemble it yourself?
>>
>>9617073
Looking good Smokey! Also to those interested, the printer is still on sale on Ali for €147 with free shipping from Germany: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Acrylic-Frame-Reprap-Prusa-I3-DIY-3D-Printer-3-D-impressora-KIT-Printer-machine-with/2013907211.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1_10152_10065_10151_10068_10209_10304_10307_10301_10137_10060_10155_10154_10333_10334_10056_10335_10055_10336_10054_10059_10332_100031_10099_10103_10102_10052_10053_10142_10107_10050_10051_10326_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10177_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_10312_10313_10314_10078_10079_10210_10073-10332_10333,searchweb201603_5,ppcSwitch_5&btsid=39c71584-d3b7-4fab-b76c-143c1628b785&algo_expid=b0a1a7c8-d9d1-415d-93a5-df6aaa8e32af-0&algo_pvid=b0a1a7c8-d9d1-415d-93a5-df6aaa8e32af&transAbTest=ae803_3
>>
>>9617093
Yes, but you can also purchase preassembled printers from Anet. They're a lot more expensive though.
The assembly is not for noobs I can tell you that, and the leveling process is also not the easiest thing, especially because autolevel from anet is complete shit (did it manually in the end).
>>
>>9617073
Your marker is totally awesome my friend. Altman Be Praised!
>>
>>9615356
you mean the one with the spray coloured hair from the huge group? That entire group was rude and obnoxious.
>>
File: Alotofpieces.jpg (370KB, 1163x397px) Image search: [Google]
Alotofpieces.jpg
370KB, 1163x397px
Shoulders need the trim detail, other than that, their main structure is done. On the floor are quite a lot of pieces. Not ALL pieces, but all pieces I did today. There's a leg, parts of the clogs, the chest and skirt.
>>
>>9617097
c-can I get a boyfriend to assemble it for me?
(or anyone nearby who can 3d print shit for me will do as well)
>>
File: IMG_20170828_235848r.jpg (298KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170828_235848r.jpg
298KB, 750x1000px
>>9617643
If you're in leiden i'm sure you can find a 3d-assembling-boyfriend there

>>9617475
wewt WIPs

Posting some WIP of my virtuous treaty then. Really happy with sintra for thin (1cm) blades! This stuff is heavenly, but the dust is awful and probably very bad for you
>>
>>9617760
Did you buy it at cosplayshop.be?
>>
>>9617821
Yep!
>>
File: IMG_2543.jpg (687KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2543.jpg
687KB, 1200x900px
I didn't do as much as I could've due to a massive headache, but we're getting somewhere. I may need to order more straps and clasps when my salary gets paid. Then I can actually start seeing how things will fall.
>>
>>9616891
What's worse is that you could book rooms the entire time before 8AM, with only a guess if they'd cancel it if you hadn't read the Facebook post, desu.
>>
>>9615138
Even worse..... people not wearing underwear in a skimpy outfit, or even going on stage (elevated platform) with no panties
>>
>>9618415
Really?! I even wear shorts underneath all my costumes. Why would you show everything?
>>
File: IMG_0754.jpg (130KB, 750x927px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0754.jpg
130KB, 750x927px
Even visitors from Amsterdam Comic Con do not like Tomocon.
>>
>>9618415
Or wearing pantyhose right up against your ass and vag with no underwear in between, then spreading your legs and taking a picture to post to twitter to show everyone what a super srs cosplayer you are~
No wonder so many young cosplay girls are getting so skanky if this is what their role models are doing and getting paid big for.
>>
>>9618452
Who even does this ...?
>>
File: DIrxRVhUMAAwEB6.jpg (116KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DIrxRVhUMAAwEB6.jpg
116KB, 675x1200px
>>9618489
Oh sweet summer child :^)
>>
>>9618491
Who dis?
>>
>>9618500
Momokun
>>
I kind of want to meet momokun irl
>>
Life is peachy.
>>
>>9618544
I didn't even recognise her without the ass in the face.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170903-001120.png (261KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170903-001120.png
261KB, 1080x1920px
Troll is trolling the trolling tomo
>>
>>9617760
Looking good ~ made the stencel yourself or got it online ?
>>
>>9618575
This is zo niet grappig it gave met kanker
>>
>>9618582
I made it myself, a friend got me the model since I don't have the game itself, made detailed renders in 3D program incl the textures and then made a pattern from that
>>
amsterdam comic con sucked but that was to be expected
>>
>>9619085

Damn. That is a bit of work. Need to look into that
>>
>>9619104
Yeah. Better rename it to Amsterdam Bootleg Con.
>>
>>9619194
Please use the official event name: TomoKaraoke.
>>
>>9619194
Were there many bootlegs? You'd think an event that's basically making you pay to spend money would at least make sure none of their vendors are selling fakes.
>>
>>9619207
It was pretty horrible. Even more than the orga of DCC, the ACC orga has pretty much one thing on their mind: money. They don't really care to whom they sell stand space to, as long as what they sell is slightly connected with comics and popular culture. I spotted Henk, Lychee Tea, Fabion, France Orient, West World Comics (they carry legit and fake), Otaku Shoppu, final fun and the same shady English dealer that was at DCC and didn't have a single official item on his stands.
I'm sorry for going there and spending money on entrance to this abomination. Most of the events were the same stupid things that were at DCC (Walking Dead-thing, Dutch Turdis, Flying Dutch Star Trek nerds), and Pamela Anderson has seen better days. John Rhyes Davies is one of my heroes, but I missed out on him due to personal reasons.
So, yea, that's €15 down the drain. Got to hang out with friends though, so that's OK, but I could have hung out with friends in a different place. Now that I know what a shitshow ACC and DCC are, I'm sticking to Animecon and Abunai.
>>
the holy trio of the Japanse Tuinen in Hasselt
>>
>>9619225
This is what Showmasters offers you in the UK too. Same company, same sham. Although their guests in the UK are probably better, if you're into that sort of thing. But I don't go for autographs or photos so it's eh...
>>
File: IMG_20170903_172926.jpg (169KB, 780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170903_172926.jpg
169KB, 780x1040px
3D printed tully! Unfortunately my camera sucks dick and it reflects all the details but whatever.
Here's the STL file if you wanna look at it yourself: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9q8zxb7wc2k6swk/tully.stl
>>9619112
It's a couple hours but it mostly goes into the tracing, once you're a bit more familiar with ripping and using 3d models it is pretty fast and definitely the most accurate method.
Plus i earn some of my time back by selling the templates on etsy.
>>
>>9619269
Nice work anon!
>>
I wonder how people scale their weapons/armor. I'd pay somebody to do it for me if it weren't for having to enter a contest with that costume.
>>
File: Scale1.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Scale1.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>9619459
Ok so I couldn't do this in one post, so here are three posts coming for you. First things first, I take my own height and 'draw' it (photo is often better) inside the costume as lineart of some sort. I then measure the height of myself on the paper. In this case, it was about 20,5cm.

168cm = 20,5cm -> 168/20,5 = 8,2~

Then I measure everything on that same page and do it times 8,2, which then gives me the 'actual' scale.
>>
File: Scale2.jpg (978KB, 1200x1579px) Image search: [Google]
Scale2.jpg
978KB, 1200x1579px
>>9619484
Here's an image where I calculated most of the measurements with the k=8,2 formula. That said, sometimes I will still adjust it if something looks better when it's a little enlarged or downsized.
>>
File: Scale3.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Scale3.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>9619486
Then I like to draw things in schematics but with the measurements next to it. This is when I figure out mechanics, storage and other 'features'

(like in this case, a camelpack, fans, electrics and a woosh-factor)
>>
File: diablo construction.png (599KB, 2932x860px) Image search: [Google]
diablo construction.png
599KB, 2932x860px
>>9619459
I do it digitally rather than manually like prop anon
I usually pull game models or other models from the internet or the game directly. You can use them to scale, trace, and build pepakura files.
>>
File: trollpost.jpg (21KB, 562x308px) Image search: [Google]
trollpost.jpg
21KB, 562x308px
>>9618575
I've seen more of that page recently
>>
>>9619225
>I'm sorry for going there and spending money on entrance to this abomination.
>actually paid money.

It was very easy to get in for free.

>inb4 you're THAT person. I don't encourage it for fan made cons. But I have no problem screwing Showmasters over.
>>
>>9619229
Seriously though, what has that one photographer with making people look tanned. It isn't really clear on these pictures, but om the CosplayCloud page it's pretty obvious.
>>
If you're going to cosplay roadhog: at least pose in character, this girl Sammy is making him look like a post apocalyptic prostitute.
>>
>>9619631
That's the same girl that was wearing Roadhog on Tomoparty, right?
>>
File: IMG_2570.jpg (530KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2570.jpg
530KB, 900x1200px
Mwahahahahaha
>>
>>9620068
I'm pretty sure she is, but I didn't go to tomo so
>>
Looking like trash while travelling home, see your sort of crush on the bus. I hope she doesn't notice me
>>
>>9620204
Looking good, Ki! Might actually go to A-con or wherever the hell you plan to debut this.
>>
>>9620450
Ahaha, come to Brazil, because that's where I'll debut it.
>>
>>9620410
Don't worry anon, I didn't even notice you sitting in my bus to begin with.
>>
what is your next con or event /cgl/¿
>>
>>9621244
ehhhhhhhhh, good question!
>>
>>9621244
Probably DCC Winter Edition. I think that's the last con of 2017.
>>
>>9621244
It should have been Tomocon Berghem because it's nearby, but now knowing their shitty business tactics I'll probably wait until next Abunai.
>>
>>9621244
FACTS in helium. I always love that con
>>
>>9621267
>waiting for Abunai
Not going to our best con? Animecon?
>>
>>9621340
Belgium*
>>
File: IMG_2602.jpg (533KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2602.jpg
533KB, 960x1280px
I made the thighs last night. Wew!
>>
>>9621343
Hmmh, it's pretty far away... And then I have to book a hotel...
>>
>>9620450
>>9620489
COME TO BRAZIIIIIIL

>>9621244
Elfia!
>pls no rain
>>
>>9621362
It's honestly a con worth the price. It's the same price range as Abunai but with much better organisation and loads more quality events. It's the only con I travel back to NL for.

>>9621367
BRAZIL PARTY AYYY
>>
>>9621407
In that case, better spend less on the ticket, a little more on gas and go to Japan Expo
>>
Likely nishicon, just have to either get a room mate or a cheaper place to sleep at
>>
How out of place am I going to look if I cosplay a manga character at a stripbeurs/festival/dag/manifestatie/whatever? Do people even cosplay at those?
>>
>>9621437
I disagree, but I haven't been yet. But all I hear about Japan Expo is that it's pretty much like FACTS and other 'big-hall' conventions.
>>
>>9621407
The venue of Animecon is really bad though, it has 0 character at all.
>>
>>9621501
Happens plenty, but I noticed my anime cosplays were a LOT more popular at animecon than any random comic con I attended. Depends on what you care for i guess.

>>9621502
Wouldn't ever go to japan expo simply because it is in france. France is such an uninviting country if it isn't for the environment.
>>
>>9621501
Depends on the festival, but more often than not the cosplayers are a minority. Depending on the other visitors and vendors, you may be glared at by the older fans of European comics.
>>
>>9621439
You could always try AirBnB, that one other hotel in Almelo or "Alternatief Slapen" if you don't mind walking/cycling a bit and sleeping in the cold.
Then again the Theaterhotel is only €150 per person + optional room upgrade fee per night + €32,50 if you decide to room alone. Basically you'll only be saving yourself the €32,50 by sharing a room. Well, that is unless you book a room for one and share that instead.
>>
>>9621508
Makes sense. My family is dragging me along to one and I thought I might as well use it as an excuse to get more use out of my cosplay.

>>9621509
Even if it's from a really oldschool manga? I mean I'm not wearing a KLK Nudist Beach costume to get my picture taken with Goscinny's ghost or anything like that.
>>
>>9621504
I really enjoy the Animecon location personally. Also, airconditioning.
>>
>>9621437
Been to both and I'd pick Animecon 100 times over Japan Expo. Japan Expo was pretty boring, basically just a big dealerroom and most people were rude even though I was doing my best to speak French.
>>
>>9621516
A lot of old European stripfans just don't like cosplay in general. Its basically a 'get off my lawn' thing. Of course, this group of fans is slowly dying out and will continue to become rarer as heart decease takes it's toll and money to be made from signed Suske & Wiskes dwindles. Their gatekeeping days may soon be over.

Old-school manga doesn't mean anything when it comes to nudity (and/or violence) btw. If anything, the stuff from the 80s tended to get away more easily with stuff like nipples. It's just the combination of nudity and acid-trip-like insanity that's a more recent thing.
>>
>>9621519
Other Anon here, while I too enjoy the World Forum it does look a bit more bland. You can clearly tell the World Forum was build to be a more neutral venue where say the Koningshof is a repurposed monastery. Of course character can be created, and in the case of Animecon I do feel like they could do a better job at decorating the place. As it stands their yearly themes are forgettable and go mostly unused. Then again this isn't really noticeable until after the "dagjesmensen" leave so I can understand why they decide not to bother.
>>
>>9621510
It's 32 50 extra per night otherwise I wouldn't care much
>>
>>9621558
Some of the areas have gotten nicer in recent years though. I like the place around the stairs with all the food. The basement level has gotten better to now that they have more things to put there.
>>
>>9621244
Elfia Arcen. Going the full weekend on a camping
>>
>>9621558
Though it is true that the World forum is more neutral than the koningshof, there are other issues.
Firstly all decorative pieces must be EU certified fireproof or resistant. WF gets regular checks and not having proof or certificates would get the festival closed down. Also "brand routes" and a shit more security issues that have to be upheld.
Secondly there is currently only 1 person working Deco, and its hard enough to get extra staff as it is.
Finally all the deco has to withstand 8000+ people walking around the world forum.
>>
>>9621558
You mean like the flammable paper decorations like Abunai has? I reckon that would never fly at World Forum, because of the incendiary nature of paper. Fireproofing the amount of stuff Abunai has, to meet real standards in that regard is quite expensive. Why Koningshof doesn't demand that from Abunai is beyond me, but hey, to each their own, I guess.
>>
File: IMG_2613.jpg (362KB, 850x825px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2613.jpg
362KB, 850x825px
I can not even take myself seriously with this. But here we are. Bulk of the costume is done. In a way.
>>
>>9621606
Thanks for the constructive reply Anon. As someone who only visits conventions I didn't even think about how costs, fire regulations, con security and not affecting the flow of people limits what you can do in terms of decorating. It's always interesting to see the POV from people on the inside and things never are as simple as they might appear. It really makes me appreciate all the work con staff does to organise their cons even more.

>>9621612
I wasn't thinking of anything specific Anon, just sharing my two cents on why some might view the World Forum as being a bit bland. Not everything has to be a fight between cons you know.
>>
>>9621612
Actually all the paper decorations for Abunai! are sprayed with stuff that makes it fireproof, as requested by Koningshof. It is a hassle to spray that much paper I can tell you.
>>
>>9621683
I wouldn't call it fireproof. Fire-retardant at most.
>>
Anyone else came across the new fb page Dutch Cosplay Blacklist. Just saw it and reading the comments... another fool trying to "better" the community as playing solo judge to bad mean people.
>>
>>9621699
That sounds like something that can only go well and won't cause lots of unnecessary drama at all.
>>
File: image.png (253KB, 503x497px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
253KB, 503x497px
When you can't leech enough from the Dutch... You go German.
>>
>>9621699
That page is nothing more than just asking for drama.
>>
>>9621702
Well. They just want give out more free tickets. So nice of them.

>>9621703
>>9621700

How can there be drama with such a well thoughtout process and a genuine person who wont have a single shred of personall opinion. He does not even care about any privacy laws.
>>
>>9621244
Animecon
>>
>>9621557
Yup, the Linnentasjes brigade, they are dying out. Was it stripverhaal liking dads and moms with their children (who where bored out of their mind) 15-20 years ago.

These days it is the stripverhaal liking people who are now grandfathers and mothers with their grandchildren, needles to say that those grandchildren want to be somewhere else, just like their parents before them.
>>
>>9621683
Doubt that the chea Chinese lanterns were impregnated as that stuff kills paper. Maybe the bigger stuff, but not all the paperwork.
Well I have some of those decorations at home, im willing to do the test :P
>>
>>9621761
I always feel bad when I see kids at the more traditional stripbeurzen. They're not allowed to touch anything, because everything is vintage and expensive. And sometimes they're not even allowed to look at anything, because like three different vendors are selling those Suske & Wiske porn parodies.
>>
>>9621702
ugh, last thing missing at tomofair, german speaking idiots
>>
>>9621788
My experiences with random Germans at Animecon and Abunai have been pretty good. Nice people, dedicated to their cosplay or dojinshi hobby. Some even understood a little Dutch. That said, Tomofair may attract Germans that are on avarage younger and dumber than the 20-somethings you see at the good conventions, and that's something no convention needs.
>>
>>9621788
>>9621797
The german cosplayers I did shoots with were overall pretty nice people, like the Anon above says, they were very dedicated to their hobby and loved to talk about it.
>>
>>9621803
I can't think of any bad experiences either. One group was even nice enought to lent us some of their props after seeing we were sorta lacking in that department and having those swords could really improve the pictures we were trying to take.

The feeling I get from many German cosplayers is that when they meet fans from other countries, either inside Germany or somewhere else, they want to be good representatives of their country and leave a good impression. The actual German cosplay community is probably just as big of a drama fuster cluck as any, but they try not to bother foreigners with that. Good for them, really.
>>
>>9621809
>Impliying Dutch aren't the same on cons in other countries as well
>>
>>9621812
I honestly don't know. I don't run into many Dutch people at conventions abroad and I don't know what kind of reputation we have elsewhere. I know I tend to be extra polite, but that's also because I'm constantly worried I'm getting in other peoples' way and stuff like that. And when, I don't know, my French fails I just want to flee. Yay for low self-esteem and other insecurities.
>>
what do you guys think of that retarded attempt at a blacklist that ""debuted"" on facebook today
>>
>>9621935
is there a list yet?
I also can't stand this vigilante justice.
>>
>>9621935
After looking in to what it is, I think the intentions are good. Yet pretty much pointless and one step away from a defamation "smaad" lawsuit. You want people blocked from events, afacebook page isn't going to do it. Report the offender to the organization of a convention as it happens so they can ban the person. Dutch Con organizers could consider working together to group ban confirmed offenders. But organizers hold the power. A facebook page isn't going to do a lot except for creating a lot of rumors and if possibly against facebook policy anyway. I think the cause is a good one, just not very effective as random facebook page.
>>
>>9615108
Do you think this is also TomoMarks home address?
>>
The logo is made in Arial. That's off to a bad start. After three notifications he'll conduct a "small/short research".. well glad it's short, who wants a long in-depth research?
As an organizer I can tell you that no convention is going to find this useful or helpful at all.
>>
>>9621960
>Do you think this is also TomoMarks home address?
No, this is TomoWilbert's home address. Just look it up in the KvK registry using the KvK app (grants you 30 free downloads) and you'll find his massage service is also registered there with the same contact details als Tomo. Streetview also only shows and appartement building so it's definitely it's not just an office.

Disclaimer: I for one do not condone wasting perfectly fine dildo's on Tomo. Instead, why not donate them to your local high school so they can be used during sexual education class? Or even better, just transfer the money you would waste directly to my bank account.
>>
>>9622076
>Disclaimer: I for one do not condone wasting perfectly fine dildo's on Tomo. Instead, why not donate them to your local high school so they can be used during sexual education class?

Sounds like a great idea. No matter how much we hate Tomo, harassing them physically isn't the way to go.
>>
>>9621509
>>9621557
Suske & Wiske has been regurgitated trash for at least a decade, so why care what S&W fans think about anything?
>>
>>9622288
Personally, I enjoy conventions more when I'm not constantly being glared at. Why put myself through that when there are a dozen other events where cosplay is welcomed or even encouraged?
>>
>>9621935
it's going to become a shit hole
>>
>>9622276
What if they're not real dildos?
>>
>>9621947
There is already a shared blacklist behind the scenes.
Certain conventions (guess who) just haven't joined it.
>>
>>9621935
Anyone knows the founder of this page?
>>
File: Guy.png (154KB, 373x175px) Image search: [Google]
Guy.png
154KB, 373x175px
>>9622417
Pretty sure it's this guy, since I saw somebody sharing a post where he talked about making such a page, along with a live video from him.
>>
>>9622341
Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.
>>
File: images (10).jpg (11KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
11KB, 203x248px
>>9622430
The girl in his profile pic slightly reminds me of pixyteri...
>>
From what I can see tge dude only goes to comic cons, he calls himself an anarchist, cosplays the joker only and is obsessed with dc. Tough luck the anime comm rejects you.
>>
>>9622430

it is. He even mentions himself in his own post on that page.
>>
>>9622509
>>9622482

Never met this guy, but I never go to comic cons.
>>
>>9621935
It's well intended but you know in advance that it's going to stir up drama.

I'm pretty sure the decent cons already have a shared list to keep Chris Klinkers out anyway so I don't even see the point.
>>
>>9622535
>Chris Klinkers
Wew that guy was already at it back in 2008.
>>
>>9621777
Nothing wrong with the Glunderende Gluurder, and De Keizerkraker is a classic.
>>
>>9622598
We used to have them all. I wonder if my mum still has them.
>>
What are the requirements to be put on the list. This really excites me
>>
>>9622626
1) Be a creeper or break con rules (optional)
2) Get reported and have enough people back up said report
I mean come on, you don't don't expect this guy to actually look for some proof to back up any claims made on his FB page? He did zero research about the subject to begin with, didn't bothered to check how the major conventions tackle blacklists at the moment nor if there even is a demand for a national con blacklist. When confronted with the legality of his idea he simply shakes it off stating "I know" and mentioning zero solutions to said legality issues.

This entire concept isn't going anywhere. It's just a random bloke who with a Facebook page he made after he had had an idea on how to make himself feel good. Odds are within just a few weeks time the page goes dead and becomes just another failed project with "good intentions" just like the many others we've had before.
>>
Unpopular opinion, but I like the idea of the blacklist. I'm sick and tired of seeing the same creeps at certain events, because the events don't care about about the official behind the scene blacklist or the complains they get from visitors.

It's going to do nothing except maybe warn some con visitors. And it will probably end in a big (legal) fight. But when that happens, I atleast get to enjoy the scenery.
>>
UPDATE September 6: We decided not to cancel any rooms.

Few people booked before 8:00AM and most of those rooms were not in the Novotel.

At 8:00AM on Friday everyone could book in the Novotel and those rooms actually took longer to sell than we expected. Non-Novotel rooms are still available. With perfect hindsight there was no need for action.

Our apologies for the confusion we caused.

End Update.

Soooo, if you booked before 8:00 you are still considered lucky to keep your room xD
>>
>>9622691
The idea of a blacklist is fine, but it's this particular execution of the idea I'm having issues with. To me the best way to pull one off is by collaborating with as many conventions as possible and actively approaching new cons the moment they pop up. The list itself should not act as a definite blacklist, but more as an advice to other cons. By including things such as the reason why someone got banned the con staff can determine for themselves who deserves a preemptive ban from their con. After all, not all actions that got someone banned are worthy of a global con ban.

But we all know is this isn't going to happen. At best this initiative ends up a public shaming wall or forgotten. I for one can't for wait for the next false rape claims ruining yet another life!
>>
Funny thing is, despite such blacklist cons have, I still see people like foot fetish guy on cons now and then
>>
>>9622731
Not a con organizer. But, having a fetish or a preference in other sexual kinky stuff, like most people have when you go through their pornhub history, is not harassment in itself. Active harassment should warrant a ban, but this can be as simple as verbal harassment and threats without even going into kink territory. A person with a kink, whoms kink has been outed in public. Is more of a privacy issue if you ask me and not a primary reason to ban someone. But I don't know anything about this foot fetish guy and his history to be honest. Just a general reply that having a fetish does not automatically warrants a ban.
>>
>>9622724
>I for one can't for wait for the next false rape claims ruining yet another life!

If you're talking about the one I think you're talking about, then I have some stories of myself I really regret not sharing at the heat of the moment, because I was scared it wouldn't be believed and considered a lie to protect said girl (and because nothing serious happened, because I look out for myself).
>>
>>9622737
>not knowing footfetish guy.

He has harrast multiple people. He was even kicked out by security at Tomofair Amsterdam.
We've a lot of people with a fetish in the con scene. So there has to be a reason to become infamous.

>>9622731
Yeah, that's why an advise list would just work as much as a black list. Cons who haven't blocked him already don't either care or are to pusscakes for whiteknights.
>>
>>9622737
That guy was banned for taking sneak pics of feet at several conventions, hence why he is known as foot fetish guy. Having a kink or fetish is fine, but living it out without consent of the other party simply isn't. I mean you don't see me tying up random girls at cons and forcing them to receive my headpats...
>>
>>9622749
>I mean you don't see me tying up random girls at cons and forcing them to receive my headpats...
>>
>>9622749
>headpats...
ah a man of culture
>>
About the blacklist, they are not forbidden in the Netherlands, but there are regulations as stipulated by 'de Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens' wich is enforced by 'de authoriteit persoonsgegevens'.

The blacklist has to be presented to this authority in order to be approved. If you don't than that list has no value whatsoever, 'de authoriteit persoonsgegevens' might even handout fines or take you to court for not obeying the Wbp. Also anyone on that invalidated list will then have a serious stick to beat the ones who created that list in the first place. In other words see you in court because, slander and such.
>>
>>9622749
Aside from that he asks people to take their shoes off for him, underage cosplayers as well.
>>
>>9622749
Proceeding to make posts about how a convention doesn't appreciate his 'art' any time he gets kicked out certainly doesn't help either.
>>
>>9622737
I talked with some of the girls he photographed.
to put it mildly, he wasn't subtle about his love for underage girl feet.
>>
>>9622731
>Funny thing is, despite such blacklist cons have, I still see people like foot fetish guy on cons now and then

Any con organizers want to chime in on this then? Looks like we have a summery of replies with proof here.
>>
File: 1477490441819.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1477490441819.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
New thread can be found at >>9623328
>>
>>9622276
and they wouldn't mind getting dildos I think
>>
>>9614031
Dutch (hustory as slavers) calling someone the "n" word so agressively. Kinda killed the dutch comm for me.
>>
>>9624942
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>9625298
typical. what I expect.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.