[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Northern U.S Con scene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1491018682340.png (171KB, 384x236px) Image search: [Google]
1491018682340.png
171KB, 384x236px
So i'm considering of moving up towards the north (Rhode island) And I was wondering how the con scene is up there? I may consider of going to cons like Otakon,NYCC and Maybe Pax East. but those are all the major cons. How's the smaller con scene look like I? I'm from florida and I know that florida somewhat has a shoddy reputation for being nothing but drama. so i'm just curious to how it's like up there?
>>
>>9608164
If you're into anime cons and are willing to travel a couple hours, the scene is pretty great. All the states are pretty small and every state has at least one so there's a ton of variety. I lived there for around five years, briefly moved away, and was kind of slapped in the face with how few cons there were in my new area. Really happy to be back in the northeast. Off the top of my head there's Katsucon, Connecticon, Another Anime Con, Anime Boston, Colossalcon East, Portcon, a lot of tiny university cons, and all the ones you mentioned that are pretty accessible coming from New England. OG Colossalcon and the cons in Toronto and Quebec also attract a lot of northeasters if you're willing to go farther.
>>
>>9608251
Good stuff my man. Ill keep those in mind.
>>
>>9608164
Welcome to the motherfucking pit
But honestly yeah what >>9608251 said. You're going to see cons that have a little of everything up here, save for comic-cons/PAX for obvious reasons.
Welcome again
>>
>>9609891
As for drama, avoid tumblr-tier snowflakes and you'll be good. People normally stick to their own established groups, but it's also kinda easy to make at least friendly acquaintances. Cosplay what you love and go to town, I'm sure you'll find people.
>>
NYCC overrated, All of the Anime cons in the east are fun or decent. Comiccons are hit or miss, Video games con like Magfest is fun. If youre a cosplayer, don't be fulled paying for a photographer who over charge, theyre great ones who are free reasonable price with good work.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.