[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

opinions on plus size people wearing jfashion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

File: not_sure_if_good_or_bad.jpg (339KB, 1035x1035px) Image search: [Google]
not_sure_if_good_or_bad.jpg
339KB, 1035x1035px
>>
>>9605948
Ask elsewhere, this thread is just going to attract bait and trolls. With all these types of threads, most of the people that genuinely don't care won't even open the thread, so it devolves into arguing between two extremes.
>>
>>9605948
I personally don't have an issue. The only thing that gets me is when people wear things that obviously are too small for them, just because no matter what your size it ends up looking horrible.
>>
>>9605958
Ill-fitting clothes are the worst thing a human can do to themselves, as far as fashion goes
>>
>>9605948
>this whole thread
>>
It doesn't matter what size you are, if it looks good no one cares. Proper fit, flattering colors, and skilled coordination can be applied to all body types.
>>
>>9605996
>no one cares
sure anon
>>
>>9605948
Eh if you can pull it off. I mean most "plus sized" girls who are into J-fashion don't know how to pick things that compliment their body type and it usually ends up looking pretty bad.
>>
There are some plus sized who look good, they know what colours, cuts, etc flatters them. The problem is with people who doesn't know about those stuff: too small clothes, unflattering cuts, wearing replicas to fit "brand", etc. Also the more obese, the more ugly it becomes. Chubby can be cute, but really fat not.

I have nothing agaist well done ones, but mostly fat ones doesn't look good.
>>
There are plus sized girls who make it work and can dress themselves...and then there are dumpster fires.
>>
File: tumblr_n8w2uanBQj1ro5bwro2_400.jpg (86KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8w2uanBQj1ro5bwro2_400.jpg
86KB, 400x400px
>>9605948
Sure got your work cut out for you if you're a plus size girl in jfash, considering how unforgiving the sizing tends to be (making finding clothes at all a pain in the ass) and you also have to put in that little bit of extra effort to look remotely presentable. Sometimes even trying to compensate for your THICC body isn't enough and you'll automatically lose just for being heavy according to some people. But some curvier girls have certainly pulled it off by being careful and doing it right, though.

It would just be easier to lose all the weight so you're not limited on what you can wear and people won't give you shit for your size regardless of how well put-together your outfits are. There are people and certain fashions who don't mind as much, but Lolita is definitely probably the hardest to dress for if you're a fatty-chan in terms of how the community as a whole tends to think and the avaliability of what you're able to fit in to.

Personally, I think that if you do it everything right, it should be fine.
>>
Plus sized girls in well pulled together jfash are at least cuter than plus sized girls in sad normie clothes. Just dont ruin the shirring and try to sell it without disclosing or act all high and mighty about it and I'll have no problem with you
>>
Plus sized ≠ obese
>>
>>9606190
>Plus sized girls in well pulled together jfash are at least cuter than plus sized girls in sad normie clothes.
This
And this whole post
>>
>>9605948
If you don't fit into the clothes, don't wear them. Other than that, if you can coord well I really don't care about size. People are definitely going to notice more if you make a mistake and there is most certainly an upper ceiling on size (in which case if you're enough of a fatty-chan that you can't find any jfashion that fits, maybe you should seriously consider that your weight is an issue), but people only really have a problem if you're bad/you have a shit personality.

Girl in OP is a mess though
>>
>>9605948
nasty, unhealthy and why care of your appearance... they don't care at all by that weight
>>
File: 1422929815828.jpg (161KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1422929815828.jpg
161KB, 720x960px
>>9605958

basically this. I know this thread is going to be a shit show but I just want to throw in my 2cents.

I dont mind chubby girls at all in general, I think some of them are really cute. But I do not exactly agree with HAES type logic, if someone is severely overweight I do think they should be trying to correct their health for the better. Like 600lb life is not healthy yo.

I do think its totally OK for larger people to wear what they want (if it fits, please lord wear what fits for your body). Im really bad at conveying my thoughts but basically if a fat person feels like shit and is depressed, wearing a giant moo moo isnt going to boost their confidence. Which can lead to more depression, rut, staying the same weight etc. But if they are wearing clothes that fit them and make them feel good it can be helpful to put them in a better mood to help them lose weight. I think for the most part positive encouragement is the way to go for losing weight instead of negative reinforcement. Negatives just make them feel shittier and leads to more emotional eating and not having the confidence to exercise.
>>
there is nothing wrong with plus size girls in j fashion. Wear what you want! But make sure you're not squeezing yourself into pieces that don't fit. When buying online, take your measurements and pay close attention to the measurements on the website. Make sure your clothes fit you well, and are flattering. other than that there's no reason you can't wear j fashion.
>>
if you look like OP's picture please AT LEAST wear baggy pants and long sleeves
>>
>>9606269
> overweight
> wear baggy pants

anon, no.
>>
>>9605948
I think it all depends on how overweight you are plus how your body fat distribution is. Up to a certain limit, if you can still see a discernible waist on your body and you legs look like legs, it's still okay for lolita (can't say the same for other Jfashion).
>>
Being overweight, you're never going to look quite as good as someone who is a healthy weight wearing the same thing. That's just a fact that needs to be accepted, and this is coming from an overweight anon. You can't expect the same level of (honest) praise for a good coord or as many insta followers, if you care about that sort of thing, because the truth is it doesn't look quite as good. But you can still put together good coords and wear them proudly, just be conscious of what looks best with your frame and don't try and squeeze into clothes that are too small or unflattering.

Although, from the other end, it would be nice if other people stopped with both the pity-party "yas girl slay" comments towards overweight people wearing j-fash, and the "holy shit you're fat" comments (trust us, we know). Giving honest concrit on the outfit itself, and for the plus-size people wearing the fashion, being honest about your own body type, is best. I guess I'm just advocating for honesty from all parties.
>>
>>9605948
just wear stuff that fits and dress well and i'm good with it
>>
File: 90179_original.jpg (486KB, 900x466px) Image search: [Google]
90179_original.jpg
486KB, 900x466px
>>9605996
proof
>>
requesting some good plus size lolitas please
>>
>>9606393
This girl is overweight but not nearly as obese as the girl in OP.
>>
>>9606393
Sauce on that cardi? It reminds me of a Meta one but I didn't think they could stretch that much.
>>
>>9606393
She looks like a size 8 or 10 us, which may be plus sized for lolita standards but otherwise nah
>>
>>9605948
No matter how good you look in J-fash when you're plus-size, you'd always look 100x better if you were skinnier.
That's just how it is.
>>
>>9606484
She looks bigger than that anon, more like 12-14.
>>
>>9605950
That part.
>>
Nothing wrong with plus-sized people in any kind of fashion desu. I love my plushie girls~
>>
>>9606477
Pretty sure it's Meta. Their cardis are quite stretchy.

>>9606484
She's definitely plus-sized by normal standards too, anon.
>inb4 someone calls you a fatty American
>>
I'd rather they wore J-Fash than ugly as fuck normie shit.
>>
>>9606198
Plus size is just a sugarcoated way of saying fat (pun intended)
>>
Some look bad and some look good. I'm still wondering how they fit into japanese clothes though? The majority of asian people are thin so?.. They must be doing some magic trick.
>>
Speaking of which, I'm going to Tokyo in a few months, does anyone have any idea which brands would be worth looking at if you're plus size? I'm thinking Listen Flavor for one, since they seem to like their oversized shirts and dresses lately.
>>
>>9607124
Listen flavor and punyus
>>
>>9607124
franche lippee
>>
This is a worry of mine - I'm almost as big as the girl in OP's post and while I'm starting to lose weight, I wanna dress in cute clothes in the meantime too. (I picked a great time to get into lolita, right?) I guess no matter what, a lot of people are gonna think I'm a shitty lolita just because I'm Big McLargeHuge.
I've seen other big big girls in lolita too though and they look adorable, so I hope I look like a bigass cute princess, too.

>>9606393

I'd be THRILLED to get down to this girl's size. She's considered plus size? Damn. I bet she can fit into way more brand than I can tho
>>
>>9607172
Seconding Franche Lippee. I accidentally bought the wrong size dress from them once, and it's huge on me. Like ~100+ cm bust.
>>
>>9607124
Depends on your size. I'm rather busty (100ish cm) and I could buy in ozzoneste, algonquins and axes femme with relative ease.
>>
>>9605948
With general jfash I don't really care, styles like menhera, fairy kei etc. are easy to find or make things that fit you well even if all the popular brands don't. As for lolita though, don't be trying to sell damaged/stretched out brand as new or only tried on, it's a disgrace. So are replicas, stick to making your own or buy from brands with custom sizing, otherwise just don't bother.
>>
People can wear anything they want, sure, but it makes me sad to see fat people trying to dress cutely since they're not going to look cute no matter what they wear until they're at a more normal weight... It screams futility to me, and makes me think about how they probably have poor body image and are trying to cover it with cute clothes rather than just losing weight.
>>
>>9607189
>axes femme
I'm 97 cm and have yet to find a single shirt from them that would fit me. Unless you're talking about bottoms, because skirts are usually fine.
>>
>>9607189
What demonic sacrifice have you made to find an axes femme top that fits a 100 cm bust?
>>
>>9606991
No, there's clearly a difference between a size 10 and a size 20. Size ten is considered plus size but can look pretty much a normal weight. I'm tired of this black and white thinking where the moment you reach plus size you get lumped in with morbidly obese people.
>>
>>9607263
You have morbidly obese people to thank for that, not normal people. It's the morbidly obese who keep taking words like curvy, chubby, plus sized, fluffy, thick, etc. for themselves until everyone associates those terms with them instead of the "smallfats" they were intended for. These are the people who tried to appropriate Marilyn Monroe as their icon when Marilyn had a 22cm waist. Normal people can tel the difference between the slightly overweight and the deathfat, but it's the latter who throw a fit if you call yourself plus sized when you're not as big as them.
>>
>>9605948
It's fine. Stay off /cgl/ and wear what you like. It's your life.
>>
Most of the time they don't dress for their body shape and so look tacky and gross.
>>
>>9607242
>>9607253

Some tops' cuts are meant to be slightly baggy and so they'll fit. Imo they'd look akward with pants if your waist is considerably smaller because they'd turn you into a rectangle, but they're perfectly fine to use under a jsk or with a skirt.
>>
>>9607179
Fat girls can look great in lolita too. It's just harder to find things that fit, but not impossible. Just don't take cgl too seriously. They're way too obsessed with weight. And anyone who thinks you're a shitty lolita just because you're big, even if you're dressed well, is either an asshole or really insecure. I used to hate seeing plus sized lolitas just because I hated myself for being overweight, until I started both losing weight and learning to improve my self esteem. So wear what you want. I'm sure you'll look adorable!
>>
>>9607480
>both losing weight and learning to improve my self esteem

This is really the important part. Losing weight and becoming healthier go hand in hand with liking yourself. There are studies on this effect, linking higher self esteem with the desire to better yourself. So hell yeah, people should wear the cute clothes and feel good about themselves! It will help inspire them to take care of themselves.
>>
>>9607497
I'm >>9607480 and it's true. I had much more motivation to exercise when I started liking myself more. And wearing lolita definitely helped my self esteem. I always feel so beautiful when I wear it.
>>
>>9607242
I'm 96cm and like 50% of my shirts are from axes (I really like cutsews). Not all their stuff will fit, but there's enough that will work. Just be patient and keep an eye out
>>
>>9607270
>22cm waist
u sure about that
>>
>>9607108
>must be doing some sort of magic trick
More sensible eating is fucking magic, apparently.
Im a God damned wizard, now.
>>
File: size fat.jpg (46KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
size fat.jpg
46KB, 640x853px
Fat is never cute so if they're going for cute they have to lose weight.
>>
>>9605948
my general opinion Is, People look better when they aren't plus size. Which goes for j fashion and any other fashion.
It seems crazy to me people will invest money, learn makeup, and hairstyling, to look good in jfashion but losing weight isn't a top priority.
>>
>>9607528
They meant fat people being able to fit into skinny asian clothes must be magic.

>reading comprehension m8
>>
>>9606336
This. I wear lolita because it hides my legs. Some dresses are hard to get into because I have broad shoulders and big biceps, but a smallish (24 inch) waist for someone who is 5lbs away from the obese category. The only problem is my thighs are about the same size. Patterned tights get stretched out. Short skirts/shorts appear far more scandalous than they do on skinny legs. There are some outfits that will just never ever work on me. I've found baggy, oversized sweaters can make my legs look slimmer but anyone would assume that if I'm a UK 12 on the bottom I'm going to be the same on top rather than around an 8 so then I don't want to cover my top half. But then seeing it makes my legs look bigger by comparison so we're back to square one.
>>
>>9607515
It's definitely possible. Mine used to be 22 inches and went down to 18 easily the first time I tried a corset on, and I've always been thick, albeit pear shaped.
>>
>>9607617
It said cm, not inches.
>>
>>9606477
>>9606671
Yeah, the cardigan is definitely Meta, I have the same one.
>>
>>9605948
Don't really care, but the fact of the matter is being a healthy size makes you 1000x more aesthetic.
>>
>>9607515
...oops

Yeah I meant 22".
>>
>>9607614
You can always do a Gaston inspired coord
>>
>>9607189
>Axes femme

My 94 cm bust doesn't fit into a shirred waist dress I bought from them
>>
>>9607724
>one dress doesn't fit
>the whole brand is for ants
dude I'm 5'7" and 96 bust/70 waist and I own tons of axes (including both tops and bottoms). aparently in Japan axes is known for being where the fattychans shop. one experience means nothing, bro.
>>
>>9605948
I'm okay with it, but I find fat girls generally attractive (which other 4chan users have kindly informed me is abnormal), so might not be the most unbiased opinion.
>>
>>9607480
Thanks! I have more self-esteem now than when I was a normal weight in high school, which almost pisses me off (imagine the outfits and cosplays I could've pulled off if I wasn't a self-conscious teenager, goddamn!). Now I'm finally starting to put in the effort to make my body look as good as I think it does.
That and I have a BTSSB JSK I can't fit in yet and I wanna get down to wear I can rock that bad boy and not have it sit in a closet
>>
>>9607179
i like your moxy.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.