[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cgl/; Trying a new, and somewhat ambitious project. Wanting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: MRHqeb.jpg (394KB, 752x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MRHqeb.jpg
394KB, 752x1024px
/cgl/; Trying a new, and somewhat ambitious project. Wanting to do a Gundam cosplay, doing pic related.

I've done armor cosplays in the past using papercraft as the base, but never this extensive. Thought of trying Pepakura, but can't find a 3d model of the Hyaku Shiki to scan into it.

Any suggestions on where to start?
>>
>>9604998
If you can find a model, take those pieces, scale them up to draw onto foam pieces and play around with that for a base
>>
>>9605008
I've got the model actually. So I should use foamcore to create a base form to work off of then?

By the way, I intend to eventually utilize fiberglass and resin to form the pieces
>>
File: D7K_5492.jpg (458KB, 678x1024px) Image search: [Google]
D7K_5492.jpg
458KB, 678x1024px
>>9604998
Check out 'Clive Lee's Gundam/Mecha tutorial' It's a step-by-step process. You don't necessarly have to follow it, but it does give sweet results.

I'm currently starting on Nethergundam and did Nobell Gundam in the past.
>>
I made a Hyaku Shiki MS girl style costume for my GF awhile back. If you want I can email you the pep files I used as a basis for it. Obviously I didn't use all the parts but the model has everything and is pretty well detailed. If you'd like I can post a few pointers or vids as well if need specific advice. Post an email and I will send the files along to you tomorrow.
>>
>>9605961
That'd be a great help. I'm trying to use older pep helmets as a starting point to make a scratch build, and its taking longer than anticipated
>>
>>9606069
Forgot my email
>>
File: 1473923294742.jpg (191KB, 459x599px) Image search: [Google]
1473923294742.jpg
191KB, 459x599px
>>9605961
>that MkII
I think I just came.
In the middle of building my PG too, FUCK
>>
>>9605147
seconded

shit is dope
>>
>>9606069
>>9606070
Bump for pepa
>>
File: 12.jpg (2MB, 3153x943px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
2MB, 3153x943px
>>9606069
>>9606070
Just sent it along. Sorry for the delay, had to work extra hours the past few days.

>>9606163
>>9606715
Thanks. Im actually looking to sell it right now since I need space for future projects and I have pretty much replaced the MK-II with my RX-79G for my traveling suit.

Here are some of the others I made
>>
>>9607533
I will make a GaoGaiGar suit before I die.
>>
File: 118171.jpg (23KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
118171.jpg
23KB, 225x350px
>>9605961
Any tips for making an MS girl costume?
Like certain parts you recommend to scale/lose for mobility
>>
>>9607939
I am working on a Genesic but progress is very slow because my job has me working an average of 80hrs a week.
>>9608001
I scaled everything down by about 25% from a full suit except for the helmet. Losing the waist, thighs and biceps is pretty much a must if your going for the kind of look similar to the AGP figures.

That limits your ways to balance things though. From the Hyaku I had to add 3 lbs of sand bags to the front of the torso to counterbalance the wings. Normally for a full suit it would all be strapped in so I wouldn't have to do that, but for this style a bunch of straps would hurt the look. No torso armor to hide anything.

If you can avoid platform shoes. My GF had a pretty hard time getting around with them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.