[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General - traps edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 21

File: o0500075012977105441.jpg (93KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
o0500075012977105441.jpg
93KB, 500x750px
Previous thread >>9598775
>>
Is Closet Child down for everyone or just me? I can't get the website to load.
>>
>>9603026
Just you.
>>
>>9603032
But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... I wanted to check if the Sugary Carnival skirt was still on...
>>
>>9602974
Timestamp for the brand dress being passed off as handmade? It sounds juicy but I can never stand to watch much of her videos.
>>
>>9603014
I love stuff like this too much. Tooru-chan <3
>>
>>9603014
Do they have any music videos?
>>
>>9603106
Because I suck at posting links.
Popunited and Otome Rui shared videos from this live. No music videos. (I thought it was a session band, since it are all members from various bands.) You can find music videos from their other bands on Youtube as well.
>>
Has any brand made biscuit shoes? Or random Chinese ones? There have been star shoes, usakumya shoes, etc.
>>
>>9603112
They have one for their cover of the Sailor Moon opening just search for ruiotomo on YouTube and you can find his channel
>>
>>9603125
It's orginally a bag from swimmer
>>
>>9603049
I watched the video and there's a lot of girls who didn't make the dress they're wearing, but made matching accessories. Also someone might have bought an indie brand dress and labeled it as handmade.
>>
>>9603187
Yeah but OP is asking for shoes.
>>
>>9602463
p7_0
burn0212
fukaiumino_ao
keiko_0321
>>
>>9603194
oh reading would have helped. Sorry.
>>
Where can I find all of Wunderwelts interviews?
>>
>>9603210
Any others, particularly who aren't young teens? I was interested in the two older lolitas you posted but I don't really care about Japanese kids' perspectives on the fashions and coords any more than I care about newbs over here.
>>
Are there any good blackxmint coordinates? I want to try experimenting with it but I'm not sure if it'll work very well
>>
Gulls, I'm questioning my style.
Sweet has always been my preferred style, but I've never really liked black colorways. Maybe it was my disdain for people who wore "bittersweet" and the attitudes they had, or the fact that I think the black tends to wash out the print.
Lately, however, my daily wear has shifted to include a lot of black with pink and baby blue accents, and I'm really enjoying it. This has me wondering whether I should try to incorporate more black into my lolita wardrobe.
A lot of the prints I want to buy are cheaper and more readily available in their black colorways, too.
Has anyone else gone through a style change like this?
>>
>>9603390
It's not really a style change though is it? Just a new color preference, and you won't have much trouble introducing more black into your wardrobe if you already have a bit of it. Get yourself a skirt in black (or JSK if you don't like skirts) and see how you like it. If you feel it's not for you, sell it off and continue doing what you're doing now.
I've gone through drastic style shifts from the typical black and white look that was a common sight when I joined the fashion, to OTT sweet (2008-2010 AP style), and now to classic. Changes happen because we grow and change as people and that's okay.
>>
>>9603390
Besides that handful of people nobody had an attitude about bittersweet though
>>
thanks for the Brightlele recommendation in the last thread! before I order I was wondering if anyone had any reviews/photos of wigs they've gotten? I've heard the colors run darker than their stock photos. I'm in love with their "spacey bang" wigs but I'm worried they'll look too spaced out or have too little hair irl, does anyone have one and can confirm otherwise?
>>
>>9603523
Their bangs are fairly thin. I had the hime cut wig from them and constantly had to brush them out while wearing it. It looked too wispy and stringy on me.
>>
Speaking of traps, does anyone know of any good brolitas to follow on IG?
>>
How do you anons feel about people asking for untracked shipping on LM? I'm bidding on a skirt, and the seller said that shipping tracked to the US (from Europe) would be over half the cost of the skirt itself. She did offer untracked as well, which is a first for me on LM.

>now I see why so many Europeans refuse to ship to the US; those fees are insane
>>
>>9604164

Depends on the feedback of the person asking. If they have a lot of good feedback then I'd have faith they're not going to screw me over, but if it's a user with only a little/no feedback, then I wouldn't sell to them.
>>
>>9603911
Anaphrodisiacs.
>>
is 167cm good or bad height for lolita? new, sorry
>>
>>9604228
It's above average (which is about 162cm, I believe) so you'll have to shop carefully and pay close attention to lengths, cuts and how everything fits on your body, but it's not impossible. Girls taller than you can wear lolita just fine, though admittedly you'll have easier time finding things that fit well if you prefer classic than AP's sweet.
>>
Anons, how many of you have reached a point where you think you have too many things? I mean my wardrobe isn't anywhere near gigantic at 30 main pieces, but I've cataloged my burando on pinterest and looking at the numbers I feel like I have too many belongings.

I don't know if I should just continue collecting since I don't have an issue with room at the moment, or if I should downsize and get rid of the things that are just sitting.
>>
>>9604235
I feel like this depends on how often do you wear lolita and how much use you get out of your pieces. I have a bit over 20 main pieces (excluding blouses, accessories, undergarments, etc.) and because I'm a daily lolita this isn't quite enough for me, meanwhile another girl who seldom wears lolita would feel that 20 pieces is a lot.
>>
>>9604234
oh thats fantastic, i lean a lot more towards classic, thank you!

could anyone recommend any brands that are friendly to above average height?
>>
>>9604240
Innocent World often releases pieces in longer lengths that also feature longer torsos so they fit taller girls well, just keep in mind that they're generally not so friendly to large cup sizes (C might be the absolute limit without creating a boobloaf, assuming you're well under the max measurements of the garment). VM has longer dresses too, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>9604240
Some Meta is also very long or comes in two length options, and a lot of Taobao gets released in either shorter or longer options or has custom sizing options. Both Victorian Maiden, Mary Magdalene and Moi-meme-Moitie have released longer dresses but the bust and waist required is small enough that if your measurements are proportional to your height you likely won't fit them unless you're very skinny. Really though, you should do some research on this off cgl, it's not hard to find the information:
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/getdressed
(scroll down to tall lolitas section)
Fyeahlolita also did a post on this you can Google for, but 4chan thinks it's spam.
>>
>>9603334
Just copy black x lav coords but sub mint for lav. Black x lav seems fairly popular among tumblr lolitas
>>
>>9603390
I like pastel prints on black if you coord them well (not overly edgy and alt, but with matching lolita items)
>>
>>9604228
I'm also 167 anon, most things fit fine. Your biggest problem will actually be sleeve length on long sleeve shirts, not dress length. Practically everything long sleeve I own is too short. It's easier to get away with dress length.
>>
Why do Arda wigs get recommended when they look like this https://www.flickr.com/photos/ardawigs/sets/72157626574211033/

This is one of their "lolita wigs"
>>
>>9604279
Because this place is full of cosplayers
>>
>>9603334
I remember this was a thing for a while when creepycute was popular (IMO mint and lav are the only pastels that really look good with black, sax, pink and yellow all look tacky or horrendous), but I can't think of any specific coords.
>>
>>9604279
why don't any of these ugly fucking weeaboos cut their god damn wig bangs, for fuck's sake. half of them look like mentally handicapped people.
>>
>>9603852
I was afraid of that, thanks! I'll go with the average wigs then, at the risk their bangs will look too heavy on me lol oh well
>>
>>9604273
not op but what about 174 cm (like 5'7-5'8)? Does IW cater to people that tall or will I just always look ita with too short of dresses lol
>>
Ugh are there any SS that work on Mercari where I can put in the deposit/item cost immediately buy the item myself? I just missed out on yet ANOTHER item that is extremely rare and hard to find because I am on opposite time zones of my usual SS and I am so frustrated.
>>
>>9604299
I'm 178cm (5'10") and I fit most jsks. However as the previous anon mentioned, all long sleeve ops and blouses are too short. I can't wear ops as they've too small in the torso. IW jsks fit me fine.
>>
>>9604310
that's good to hear! I definitely wouldn't fit any long sleeve ops then I have longer arms than average lol thanks for the heads up
>>
>>9604313
I'm around 170cm and have zero problems with dress length with different brands(baby, aatp, ap, putu). All go either right to the knee or end just slightly over it. Though I think this highly depends on the overall proportions of a person?
>>
>>9604240
Victorian Maiden

>>9604265
Moitie and Victorian Maiden both release fully shirred stuff. That guidebook is not the best btw.
>>
>>9604322
I'm struggling to believe you have zero problems with Putumayo at 170cm unless you only own like one dress from them that's not their usual size, they're one of the shortest brands as they're kind of aimed at teenagers. One of the only things my short friend can fit comfortably.

>>9604338
>Moitie and Victorian Maiden both release fully shirred stuff. That guidebook is not the best btw.
I'm fully aware.
>>
>>9604353
So why are you telling new people only skinny girls fit those brands?
>>
>>9604364
Nayrt, but I'm a tall lolita and if you have any boobs at all, even if they fit the "measurements" they'll hit at a weird height on the dress and look atrocious. There is more than width and skirt length in clothing measurements
>>
>>9604365
So? That depends on your measurements, not only on your length. VM often looks better on tall girls.
>>
>>9604364
Reading comprehension anon, I said "likely won't fit them", not "absolutely won't fit under any circumstances". It's true for the majority of their longer releases, lots of which (e.g. in the case of VM/MM) are as small as 82cm. And as >>9604365 said, the proportions might be fucked even if you "fit".
>>
>>9604370
To clarify, most of VM's recent stuff is 88-90cm bust, but a lot of their long pieces are older items aimed at aristocrat, and the measurements of those are really small (<84cm). However, lately they have released a few long pieces that are essentially free-size like the below, but anon would likely still have problems with the sleeve length.

https://lolibrary.org/items/victorian-maiden-velour-long-op
https://lolibrary.org/items/victorian-maiden-royal-frill-long-op

I buy and wear VM and have several pieces that feel short on me in the torso at only 163cm tall. I'm not telling tallanon to rule VM and MM out entirely, but the proportion of their releases that cater to tallitas is small enough that it'd be easier for her to look at brands like IW first.
>>
Are AP OTKs meant to be really short? I'm 163cm with average sized legs and they just barely hit above the knee at all. Confused by their occasionally huge bust/waist measurements but tiny sock size if this is normal.
>>
how much do the Rozen Maiden IW and Penguindrum IW collabs tend to go for? I saw Shinku's set on eBay for almost $900, are they really that high usually?
>>
>>9604382
Well you're taller than the avg Japanese girl, and OTK's are designed around their height. I'm 5'0" and they fit perfectly above the knee without stretching the print.
>>
>>9604247
IW also rarely increase the skirt volume for their longer length stuff so the dresses tend to look really narrow on tall girls.
>>
Does anyone else feel like lolita is "stuck"? If you look at the short history of lolita fashion, you see many changes, as well as influences from other fashions that lead to new substyles (goth, punk, deco, hime gyaru), but nowadays lolitas seem to reject any possible changes or new styles. I'm a lone lolita so idk if it's just online but lolitas seem very anti steam punk and larme, at least they want to keep it separate.
>>
>>9604398
>anti steam punk and larme
One is an entire fashion/culture unto itself and the other is a different looking fashion. That's probably why.
>>
>>9604400
I'm talking about within lolita. Notice the lolita substyles I mentioned also came from other fashions and subcultures? They were born when those things were popular in Japan. Now larme, steam punk and that 80s/vintage style are popular but nobody seems to be mixing lolita with new things anymore unlike before.
>>
>>9604404
Lolita and larme don't belong together or you get creepy looking ageplay shit. Steampunk can cross with lolita but 99% of the time itas are the ones doing it and it looks like shit.

Lolita has pretty specific rules that need to be followed so crossover is harder to do well.
>>
>>9604406
I'm not interested in arguing what's ita or not, I wonder why lolitas stopped mixing with new styles / following other harajuku trends
>>
>>9604406
I agree, but I've noticed that brands incorporate things from other Jfash styles into their accesories/prints/motifs that allow for more looks without trying to create new substyles. And really, all you have to do is look around CoF or social media platforms to see people getting creative with coords. Peignoirs and scepters weren't well loved by everyone, for example, but they were trends that took off in the community.
>>
>>9604408
Being too anal about rules and Getting It Right would be my guess, at least on the western side of things. I'm not entirely convinced that new crossover styles don't happen in Japan.
>>
>>9604398
>nowadays
I've been into lolita for over a decade and I feel like I've read your post several times before, many years ago.
>>
>>9604353
I owned a few and they're actually the longest dresses I ever wore. Like they cover my knees entirely, but I have rather short thighs so maybe that's why. Like I said it's all about proportions
>>
>>9604398
I noticed h.Naoto doing steam punk lolita releases and AP a menhera release but I never see someone post "menhera lolita" or "steam lolita" on CoF. It would be pretty exciting. I love following harajuku trends so I'd also be happy to see a lolita coord based on Peco's style.
>>
Why don't they put the old version of lolibrary online until the new version is ready? I'm starting to regret donating because we haven't been updated in weeks.
>>
>>9604408
>harajuku trends

Didn't we have a few threads arguing about whether or not new trends as a whole were coming out of Harajuku? If it's actually slowed down or isn't as different as before, that could also explain why change in lolita has slowed down. As a style larme is pretty safe and mainstream, at least from what the shoots in the magazine look like when compared to early 90s fruits stuff.
>>
>>9604398
It's not super widespread, but there have been a few girls posting larme-esque lolita coords to CoF and a few dresses have been released that could fall under that category, such as Dolly Dot or that one Taobao OP with the cats on it.
Same goes for steampunk, a few girls have worn steampunk lolita coords (though they mostly look awful, which is probably what discourages more girls from trying) and there's a few dresses that would work within that theme.
Experimentation with the fashion IS happening, I just feel like we see it less because of this weird fear of experimenting the overall community has developed.
>>
>>9604426
Larme is not a harajuku style but it's popular with lolitas. These are not extremely new styles but amo kei and peco kei came from Harajuku and became so popular they influenced mainstream fashion.
>>
>>9604228
I'm the same height--never had a problem with anything, including sleeve length. But it could be based on measurements, I'm 84-60-86
>>
>>9604385
I thought those were fairly unpopular when they came out. I saw the pink rozen maiden dress for like 250 on LM? not sure about the others, but I think 900 is a bit much. not sure about the penguindrum though
>>
>>9604398
I saw Pop Lolita in Kera a few times but nobody even mentioned it here I think lol
>>
>>9604398
With the rise of old school inspired looks I'm seeing, and the ultra-lacemonster hime type pieces that are everywhere I find it hard to say lolita doesn't change. Just because it's not absorbing one style you like doesn't mean it's stagnant.

That being said, the western comm has always been reluctant to break the "rules" and that makes change slower going
>>
>>9604459
Oldschool becoming popular is actually one of the reasons I feel like this. We get inspired by other lolitas rather than trends outside lolita now. There are always small trends and changes but I just noticed in particular when someone mentions steam lolita or larme influences in lolita the reaction is negative. But like I said I'm not in a comm so I don't know what people are actually doing, just what I see on facebook and cgl.
>>
>>9604464
Fashion borrows from old trends all the time. You just said it yourself, that vintage 80s/90s is in in normies fashion right now. Just because they aren't adopting cybergoth trends doesn't mean it's not changing
>>
>>9604454
I love the "Pop Lolita" stuff Kera do but everyone is too scared of wearing something that could be considered ita, it's so stupid.
>>
I don't want to be ungrateful because I know it's run by volunteers, but is Lolibrary actually functional anymore? I used to use it all the time to look up stuff I'd find on auctions or whatever, but now I can't even search without getting an endless loading screen.
The old site worked great for me, I keep reminding myself that nobody's getting paid to make it, but it's infuriating to have it become completely useless.
>>
>>9604469
I brought up vintage 80s and 90s because it became huge in Harajuku, somehow without influencing lolita fashion. When deco became popular we got deco lolita but why don't we have 90s lolita or something like that? Why do we reject steam lolita and pop lolita?
>>
>>9604385

Penguindrum in non Penguindrum colours are kinda unwanted. The issue is that it's IW, and unpopular, so you're unlikely to find them at all. I'd expect below retail for those.

Penguindrum in Penguindrum colours I've never actually seen. It actually sold out on the Japanese side as soon as IW put them up, and then seem to have vanished completely.

The Rozen Maiden sets ended up in a lot of lucky packs and were being sold for under retail the last couple of years, but after the initial dump of sets the prices started creeping upwards. Last time I looked on Mandarake the prices still seem to be around retail and not $900 per set, though.
>>
>>9604527
Thanks! That's sad the Penguindrum set is harder to find, esp the different color ways. I fell in love with Himari's skirt
>>
>>9604398

The last time someone wrote this kind of spiel I was wearing lolita for just a couple of years. I wholehearted agreed with them then, because it seemed I had learnt everything I had to learn about the fashion and was done.

Next thing I know we've got peignoirs and madonna crowns. And then OTT classic came along. And then tea-length dresses became "it" and underskirts were everywhere. And now we're in an era of chiffon and lace dresses and larme mashups, even VM has made a lace overlay dress. Oh, and my carefully curated wardrobe of pink or black is now a haphazard mix of navy, green-blue and one actual purple dress that's not lavender. Oh, and jellyfish and whale prints from taobao. And AatP apparently now puts out Halloween dresses every year as a tradition. When did that even start?

We're not dead, we're still moving. At the very least the burandos always took their cues from what's trending in Japan, whether it's every brand all putting the exact same navy blue colour, berry prints and yukata every summer or whatever the Japanese market decides is their trends. And making red dresses when they realise Chinese lolita buy them, which means it's only a matter of time until some brand makes a whale dress (the dolphin dress has already happened). Wait til we get to the next decade, we're going to look back at 2016 and then have to figure a name for whatever style this decade was, because by the time we get to the next decade lolita will probably look different again.
>>
>>9604382
It varies by the socks and how thick your calves are. I have really small calves at 167cm and most things reach above my knee for otks, only exception being socks released around 2008 and before.
>>
>>9604235

Honestly, if you have items that are "just sitting" and you don't particularly love them or have an actual use for them, I'd go ahead and get rid of them. I don't really see the point in waiting until you hit a magic arbitrary number of main pieces to start culling things you don't dislike but also don't particularly love. Might as well start early and clean house even as you continue building a wardrobe you're actually in love with.
>>
>>9604425
They are updating, they just released the feature to add content again to past users who contributed. Just try to be patient. I'm just a content contributor, that's the only reason I know this.
>>
>>9604235
I don't really see the point in keeping items you no longer use, when you could sell them for items you want and will wear even more. That's just my 2 cents
>>
>>9604543
The stuff you mention is not exactly groundbreaking. OTT classic came from OTT sweet. Tea lenght and underskirds have always been around. The new accessories and new prints are just that, accessories and prints. I didn't mean to make one of those ''omg lolita is dying!!'' posts, I'm looking for ''big'' new things e.g. pop lolita, steam lolita, larme lolita, menhera lolita actually being things in the Western community... But it feels to me like the biggest things the Western community has accepted is see-through fabrics and taobao.
>>
>>9604568

It still came across that way, and you're looking in the wrong place anyhow.

Decoralolita isn't the birth of OTT pastel sweet. Pastel sweet came about because some brand decided to make a print that was more colourful than before (iirc it's AP's mermaid print). So they made another, more colourful print. And another one after that. And when AP realised they could mash things up with decora, they added salopettes and shorter skirts to their lineup. and then boom, it's 2011 and their thing is now pastel split wigs with a pastel rainbow print, food in your hair and a giant cutlery prop in your hand. And you could also wear them for decora if you wanted to.

But it didn't start as a huge giant shakeup from decora x lolita. It simply started as one print being more colourful than before. Such an old thing, such a simple, small thing.

So. Given that underskirts have been around and are now going through the OTT classic trends, where do you think they'll end up? Given that westerm comm now accepts taobao, where do you think that will end? Will they simply die out with a whisper like you imply, or will OTT classic continue to morph until we need to invent a "headdress-lolita" substyle to accommodate the trend of putting an entire art gallery on one's head? Will underskirts finally go away and come back and go away and come back again, or will they become longer and more elaborate, and we end up having to explain lolita ballgowns to newbies? Transparent fabric? What next, will it hit a point where someone figures out a transparent dress with a transparent petticoat and skintone innerwear to go with that?

The biggest things are staring at you, you're just right in the middle of it and moving along with it so you don't realise lolita is actually moving. The trends *are* changing, one tiny little trend at a time. Eventually everything will look so different you look back on today and realise things look so different. That's what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>9604605
>Decoralolita isn't the birth of OTT pastel sweet
Who said that? I'm talking about outside influences creating new things in lolita, new substyles. You are talking about changes within lolita, created by lolitas and a lot of them based on what other lolitas already did.
>>
>>9604568
you honestly seem to be upset that specific things you want in the fashion to happen aren't happening, br that the fashion has stagnated. if you want to do lolita influenced by other jfashions in a way you aren't seeing, do it! no one is going to do it for you.
>>
>>9604605
not that*
>>
>>9604618
Okay, I'm sorry my comments weren't clear enough.
>>
>>9604558
Is there any way to be readded to the chat for past contributors?
I was busy and never added it when I first got the message (less than a week ago), but now it says my invitation has been revoked.
>>
>>9603125
You could always make a shoe clip in shape of a biscuit
>>
>>9604398
Lolita only goes through big changes every 5-10 years, I don't feel like it's stuck at all. AP in particular have changed direction a lot recently to the point where some of there stuff is virtually unrecognisable from their own releases three years ago. Bear in mind as well that lolita is currently not particularly popular in Japan, and most times of big change coincided with a boom in popularity of both lolita *and* those other fashions you mentioned. If lolita starts to trend again we can expect more rapid evolution to come with it, but right now it's not surprising that all the evolution is happening with OTT eventwear instead of street styles, since lolita is no longer that popular on the Japanese streets.

There are also a ton of larme crossovers. If it wasn't a thing people wouldn't need to complain - it's like how people used to complain about OTT sweet being ugly when that was big. AP are embracing larme in a big way with some of their releases, styling and using Risa as their main model, and I've seen a fair few people on CoF/Insta doing similar things.

>>9604478
It has though, except in a minor way. The 80s boom a few years ago mostly fed into fairy kei, which in turn influenced lolita brands and lolitas with similar styling and colour palettes. The 90s boom was part of what caused fairy kei to evolve into yumekawaii with a lot more 90s features which, again, a lot of lolitas were still influenced by or also wore. Kawaii fashion in general is on the decline in Japan and in Harajuku right now, which is why we're not seeing more of it manifest in lolita, but a lot of the same trend things that have become popular in mainstream fashion have also popped up in lolita, even if they're not very unusual - thinking things like space buns, chokers and platform shoes here. Heck, it's a western phenomenon but you could say oldschool itself is an exercise in 90s nostalgia, and a lot of anons on here have made comments to that effect ("I miss the 90s" etc).
>>
>>9604416
>I love following harajuku trends so I'd also be happy to see a lolita coord based on Peco's style.
Then do it yourself??

>>9604570
>>9604628
I'm also a contributor who never got any update on this, although that might be because my account was tied to an old email. Deets?
>>
>>9604404
>new styles
>steampunk
Old af, did you forget that steam lolita is the reason for why AATP exists?
>>
>>9604416
>I'd also be happy to see a lolita coord based on Peco's style.
Wouldn't that just be Sweet Lolita? I mean, her style is basicly just 80s and 90s retro.
>>
>>9604235
I felt like that when I moved and had to physically face packing up and carrying and then unpacking and steaming all my stuff (50-something main pieces, over 100 large items total). But since then I've had a small clearout, bought even more, and feel like my wardrobe's fine even though I now have 60 main pieces. Would you still feel like it was "too much" if it was all dream items?

Unless it comes from subconscious guilt (like I grew up poor and sometimes feel bad for spending so much on frivolous things), feeling like you have too much is usually because you have things in your wardrobe that you're not using and having to filter past them every time you open your wardrobe is draining you. It might be time to sell or replace, say, that blouse that always gaps on the buttons, or those shoes you avoid wearing because they're half a size too big, or that bag that's the wrong shade to match any of your stuff.
>>
File: reallymakesyouthink.jpg (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
reallymakesyouthink.jpg
5KB, 160x160px
>>9604647
Alice and the Pirates...Pirates....
>>
>>9604629
That's my plan, but if there were some already made I would just get that.
>>
I just discussed a price cut and bundle with a seller on fril. She accepted and now I realized I can't use my own account to buy. Should I ask her if it's okay to use an SS? I'm worried she won't let me buy after finding out I'll need an SS since they usually don't want to sell to people living outside of Japan.
>>
>>9604884
what else can you do?
>>
>>9604884
Maybe ask if it's alright to buy it from a different account without mentioning the SS. Your SS might see your comments and be a little concerned possibly though.
>>
>>9604884
If you're using Japonica, they most likely won't buy it for you since they now have a policy where people with Japanese Mercari accounts using their services will be blocked.
>>
>>9604904
not that anon but thanks for the info anon, i have a japanese merc but they'll never know
>>
>>9604608

And what's wrong with that? Your very first line of your original comment:

>Does anyone else feel like lolita is "stuck"?

And the answer is "no, I don't. Changes made within lolitas by other lolitas are still evolving the fashion".

One of the biggest trends in lolita is a thing that happened within lolita, created by lolitas, based on what other brands already did. Why do we so desperately need "some big shakeup" from "outside influences" for you to count the fashion as not being "stuck" anyway?
>>
>>9604307
I'd recommend NOT japonica, they lost me almost every single thing I asked for on Fril by waiting too long and somehow I didn't get anything back from all those deposits but ended up owing them $200 in shipping and costs???
>>
>>9604529
I've seen it for crazy expensive on y!j years ago like $700
>>
>>9604980
What shopping service do you recommend for Fril/Mercari?
>>
>>9604307
>buy the item myself
Can't buy the item yourself on Mercari since you need to use a Japanese credit card, and I doubt a SS is going to let you into their account. Can't really fix the time zone problem with any SS since the order has to be manual from their side. I do find Tenshi works really really fast though, unless she's sleeping. I've ordered through FromJapan on their hours during the week and they've still taken all day to place the order.
>>
>>9604991
See >>9604993

Also, FromJapan screwed me over. I paid extra for their service to make sure everything is in the package, and yet when I got the package two out of three items were missing. I messaged them and they blamed the postal service.
>>
>>9604995
That sounds horrendous but that's never happened to me, and I've had dozens of large packages from FromJapan over the years (I tend to bundle a lot of stuff together so each package is 10 or so items), at least five of which were since the fee changes. I'm very surprised that happened to you.
>>
>>9604228
I'm the same height, some things end up to short but overall it's not a huge issue. I'm into casual sweet which has the shortest skirts of all lolita but I just accept that's how it is. Long sleeves are hit and miss. I usually don't have issues with bodice length but this depends a lot more on your body shape.
>>
>>9604279
They look better irl than the shiny shit wigs lolitas like to buy
It's a pretty basic curly style, cosplayers just don't know to cut their wig bangs
>>
>>9605023
I bought my taobao wig "matte" and prestyled for $14 and it's the best wig I've ever had. People often think it's my real hair and it shows up great and not overly shiny in photos. It also came with a free mirror, wig stand, brush, hair pins and wig cap. Not sure why people overpay for crap.
>>
>>9605026
What store did you get it from?
>>
>>9604980
Wow they've been great with me!
>>
>>9604382
Weird, AP's otks are midthigh for me and I'm 5'5
>>
>>9604936
For lack of words.my comment is not that big a deal.
>>
>>9605034
some of their OTKS are thigh highs, but only a small percentage
>>
so what happened with that ap usa nazi shit
>>
>>9605056
5'3", 130lb and AP OTKs end under my knee.

I think... I think we'll never figure out how socks fit.
>>
>>9604995
Same thing happened to me but it was my own fault. Did the cheap option because I'm an idiot, and the set I was supposed to get ended up being only the dress. Couldn't do anything and they refused to help which, again, was my fault to begin with. Hearing what happened to you, I wonder if it would have even mattered if I paid more for their better service plan if they still lose parts of sets and don't take responsibility. I almost wonder if sellers on fril also might know which users are SS and take advantage, since SS might not file disputes or whatever since they aren't allowed and therefore want to stay on the down low.
>>
>>9603314
on their blog
>>
>>9604193
i met him irl and he is the sweetest most bashful person.
>>
>>9603408
>from the typical black and white look that was a common sight when I joined the fashion, to OTT sweet (2008-2010 AP style), and now to classic

trendwhore
>>
>>9604995
I tried buying from fril through FromJapan and they just straight up didn't contact the seller for a week and then the item was gone. They weren't even on holidays or anything.
>>
>>9604991
Acciotokyo are always quick to respond, but I also live in a similar time zone..
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>9605267
>>
>>9605023
That's the thing though, the Arda styles look very shiny and the bang placement is off even if you cut them. Plus they have very unnatural colors even the ones that are supposedly blonde look one toned, brassy, and very fake
>>
request for a review on this bodyline dress if anyone has it. is it a replica? the design is adorable
>>
>>9605356
Looks like Excentrique to me, but I'm not sure if it's a direct replica as a quick search for "excentrique stripe op" and similar phrases didn't bring up anything identical.
>>
>>9604884
Ask if your "friend" can order it for you. That friend just happens to be a shopping service.
>>
File: 20131216_114320_L.jpg (80KB, 520x693px) Image search: [Google]
20131216_114320_L.jpg
80KB, 520x693px
>>9605356
Looks like a knockoff of this Amavel dress.
>>
>>9605382
Nyart, but I disagree. The only thing in common is the fact that they both have stripes.
>>
>>9605382
That's not even close.

>>9605356
It does look familiar so it could be a replica but I can't really think of what. It's a little similar to a sailor OP design that VM released in the past, and the colors remind me of an OP that Dear Celine released once but they're not quite the same.
>>
>>9605396
this VM one is the only one I could find that seems pretty similar but the cuffs and ribbon are still very different
>>
>>9605402
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking about.
>>
Holy shit you guys, have you ever had an issue with fakes from Japanese secondhand stores?

I just putchased a Melty Moon bag from Closet Child in Osaka tonight, along with some other stuff. I just took at all out now, and upon looking at some details of the bag I thought it looked a bit off. Found a guide online and it has all the markings of a fake.

Do you think Closet Child will refund me or even believe me if I take it back tomorrow? I'm so surprised and a little disappointed.
>>
File: IMG_2639.jpg (471KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2639.jpg
471KB, 800x1200px
>>9605391
>>9605396
Not that exact dress but I was thinking along the lines of that one knockoff thats all over Taobao. I'm probably wrong though, Mary Magdalene did a stripe sailor dress, and it has a similar pattern to the Dear Celine op.
>>
>>9605405
It's probably going to get worse with the influx of Chinese goods into the Japanese market. I doubt CC will take it back, but you might help make them more aware of the issue (if your Japanese is good enough).
Care to post pics?
>>
File: IMG_0687.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0687.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>9605412
Damn it, that is really unfortunate. I don't really blame them, as both of the shop workers seemed more into punk/ visual kei, but still. I feel like a supreme dumbass too for not noticing, but I was in a rush to try stuff on before I had to meet my friends, and picked it on a whim. As soon as I got home though the skewed Angelic Pretty logo tipped me off. Also it was priced similarly to other B/C condition BTSSB bags that I also purchased, which seem to be perfectly fine. I think I paid about ¥1400 for it, so it won't break me, but I feel duped.

Tried to include as many fake details as I could, ie: skewed logo on star charm, heart buckle on strap, star pulls on zipper.
>>
>>9605428
Wow, I didn't even realize dupes of these existed.
Sorry about your experience, anon.
>>
>>9605428
If it was priced that cheaply I'm pretty certain they knew it was a replica. Even at CC the melty moon bags go for ¥10000+. They might have marked it as such on the paper tag. Only other explanation is that they thought it was a factory dud that somehow escaped AP's QC.
>>
>>9605443
Hit post too soon. That being said anon sorry you ended up with a knockoff, that sucks.
>>
>>9605405
You should definitely take it back. They ought to learn from their mistakes and you deserve a refund. If they don't care about it I want to know so I can avoid them in the future.
>>
>>9604470
Do you have any pictures or scans of pop lolita?
>>
>>9604279
>>9605292
They get recommended because most people aren't idiots who order the cosplay styles to wear straight out of the bag for lolita.
>>
File: tumblr_ov0dexZcvv1vb8g9vo1_540.png (485KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ov0dexZcvv1vb8g9vo1_540.png
485KB, 540x720px
Wanted to reblog this and then I saw the freakish leg. What makes people think this looks good?
>>
>>9604398
You do understand that the longevity of lolita is because it has strict rules, right? Look at how every other j-fashion has died off or kind of morphed into other things. Lolita has also tried a lot of things with materials and it's silhouette. Just look at sack cuts or the tea length trends.

Lolita really isn't rejecting anything and is probably more creative than it's ever been, even. Have you been paying attention to trends? Wa lolita used to be considered ita, but then brands did a lot of really nice takes on this and it's welcomed now.

Some sweet lolita already has the vintage influence like Larme, long before Larme existed. AP has purposefully made some pieces very Larme inspired as well, to cater to that crowd.

AatP went through quite a steampunk phase. Where were you? There's also been plenty of cog and clock-related pieces that could be perceived as Steampunk influence.

These aren't true sub-styles of lolita, though. Like how "Larme" influence was just under sweet and "Steampunk" was just a phase for
"gothic" brands like AatP and h.Naoto. You should take your nostalgia glasses off for once and see lolita is taking on new trends just fine.
>>
File: 1348750362660.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1348750362660.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
>>9605482
What's freakish about it?
>>
>>9605482
What are you even talking about? The shadows?
>>
>>9605486
>>9605488
That her leg suddenly gets really thin at the sock
>>
>>9605490
You can't be serious, right?
>>
>>9604980
I don't understand how...? I just put something in for them to get a few days ago and they got to it within 30 minutes during their working hours.
>>
>>9605490
That's called an ankle, retard.
>>
>>9605482
Ankles taper down, anon. Plus they're angling their leg back so the perspective is making it a little thinner than straight on.
>>
>>9605067
Nothing
>>
>>9605490
>being this american
>>
Does anyone else follow Misako on insta? She went from looking 25 to 45 holy christ.
>>
>>9605490
What are you talking about? I have tiny ankles but this looks normal. Have you been surrounded by too many kankles to know what a normal ankle looks like?
>>
>>9605845
are you taking about her photos from disney? she looks a little tired but not old or anything
>>
>>9605244
This happened to me. I wanted to order a dream item and paid seconds after getting the price quote. The item was marked as sold a few hours later, and I assumed they were the ones who bought it since the time of me paying the quote and it selling was all in their open business hours. I waited for an email confirmation and nothing. They didn't even notify me it was bought by someone else. Took forever for them to refund me, too.
>>
>>9604474
Lolibrary is slowly adding stuff with volunteers who have submitted listings in the past, however their image compression system & queue for listings is very long right now... apparently the shoe listings got lost in the data transfer
>>
>>9606124
>apparently the shoe listings got lost in the data transfer
You're fucking kidding me
>>
I know this isn't the place for it but I have been struggling with body issues and ed.
A meet is coming up soon and I would like to go but I haven't worn lolita in a long time because it makes me feel fat as shit and I'm having a big struggle. I was trying to plan my coord and everything just looked bad. Doesn't help that I've been stress eating recently and gained 6 pounds.
Advice?

I think I just won't go, but it has been so long.
>>
>>9606147
Firstly, 6 pounds is nothing. People usually fluctuate that much over a week. Also, if you don't feel the poof conceals your figure enough, maybe wear darker colours so it's more slimming? To be honest, at a meet I usually forget what I look like because I'm focused on catching up with the comm. You can stay out of photos if you feel too self-conscious.
>>
>>9606147
Another ED gull here - How long have you been wearing the fashion? How well do your garments fit you? Not trying to insinuate anything but there is an influx of people wearing badly fitting garments which should not be (but unfortunately is) the norm, and if your clothes don't fit you well for any reason there's no wonder you feel worse about yourself. And don't beat yourself up over it, if your clothes are ill fitting it could be because of the cuts you're wearing and how they fit your body, not because you're "fat".
What style do you wear? What cuts? Are you busty and wearing high waist dresses? Do your JSKs sit too high on your torso? There's not much to suggest without understanding what your situation is.

Anyway, don't pressure yourself into going to this meetup, there will be many more meetups to attend and you can always wear your frills on your own. You need to try to figure yourself and your wardrobe out first. Also consider getting professional help if you don't have it already, you shouldn't be dealing with an ED on your own.
>>
>>9606124
>>9606127
No they didn't? You're making things up. She just has yet to import them in.
>>
Is it harder to sell these days? I've been out of lolita for a few years now and finally decided to get serious about selling, but it seems like things move slower second hand. And where It just seems saturated with unsold brand.
>>
>>9606344
Slower and cheaper. It's a buyers market for most things these days, anon.
>>
>>9606345
Shit, thanks. I should not have waited so long.
>>
>>9605376
Does anyone else day dream about being friends with a shopping service?
>>
>>9606403
I had a friend that was teaching English in Saitama for a couple of years. Free SS when she went to Tokyo, and she'd even have her mom ship my stuff in her luggage on her visits. I wish I'd had a better job back then.
>>
>>9606147
Another ED anon: it seems like something in lolita is triggering you, and you should work out what it is before you try to ease yourself into it.

Examples:
>Measuring yourself for garments?
>How garments not fit for your body look (and note: this might not be due to weight, it could be height or cut)?
>People in the comm or online commenting about people's appearances and makig you paranoid? looking into mirrors too much?
>Taking clothes on and off too much while getting ready?
>Seeing yourself in pictures?
>Associating weight/calorie convos like upthread with the fashion?

ED triggers can be any number of things, big or small. But figuring out what's causing the issue can help you work around it till you can figure out how to address whatever psychological problems are at the root of the ED.

For me, for example, it's weight and calorie conversations, fearing clothes won't "fit", and feeling self concious about how I look in pictures. So if it seems like my ED is kicking up, I'll avoid threads that might bring up weight, only wear and buy pieces with shirring and only take flat-lays of my coords and politely decline photos.

Don't push yourself until you know what's happening. There will always be meets in the future!!
>>
>>9605292
I'll admit that all their blonde shades are bad, they have nicely blended browns though
They're not shiny in person though unlike dreamholic or glw
>>
>>9606164
I started wearing the fashion around 5-6 years ago. Body issues started coming back in around September last year and I haven't been able to wear lolita since then. I've taken photos to show people and they all say the clothes fits fine, but I can't see it, I just see my fat oozing out everywhere. It's really gross and I have huge ass arms.
>>9606502
Everything just feels wrong and I can't wear the fashion without feeling gross. I normally wear big baggy stuff, even tight jeans put me on edge and lolitas a lot worse because the biggest problems I have are with my shoulders and arms.
>>
>>9606567
I've had actual hairdressers mistake my DH wigs for real hair. Maybe I just got lucky?
>>
>>9606654
If you are only a year in, stop now. Stop everything and focus on getting yourself to were you need to be mentally. Pushing yourself is not going to do any good, and it sounds like any tight or fitted clothes are going to trigger you right now. I would suggest finding whatever therapy you can afford, and taking a break from lolita. if you feel an urge to be cute, try learning new hair styles, getting really good at doing your nails or makeup. Things that don't deal with your body. lolita not worth exacerbating something that could stick with you for years to come.

good luck! it's fantastic that you are already reaching out. I believe in you
>>
I'm suddenly super nostalgic for wardrobe posts but it's only August.
Link your favorite wardrobe posts or wardrobes in general?
>>
>>9605845
ngl even if she had I wouldn't blame her with the current state of the world these days
>>
>>9606695
There was a wardrobe thread a few weeks ago. That was really fun looking through
>>
>>9606403
I befriended my shopping service
>>
I want to make lolita friends but every time I go to a meet-up I'm so disappointed with everything. This month I wore a solid dress and the girl next to me commented ''Í love your oldschool coord'' (she isn't new I know she's been around for at least three years), and the person on the other side of me kept taking pictures of us while I had food in my mouth. Nearly everyone was playing pokemon or some sort of dress-up game.
>>
>>9606780
You don't sound like such a catch yourself, anon.
>>
>>9606786
I haven't said anything about myself other than that I wore a solid dress.
>>
>>9606810
>>9606810
nayrt but you said how you were so disappointed with everything.
If you were "disappointed" by the girl complimenting your coord, why not correct her and teach her about old school instead of complaining on here? Even if she's been in the fashion for 3 years she can still learn new things.
You also complained about how the other person was taking pictures of you, why didn't you ask them to stop? Usually it's not even a big deal as long as you don't talk while you eat or chew with your mouth open. Maybe she was taking pictures because she was excited, or she really liked your coord.
And lastly you complained about how everyone was playing pokemon and a dress-up game. Why can't you join in? Even if you don't think it's interesting, you might have fun.

Instead of being open-minded, you come on here and passive-aggressively complain about how everybody else is wrong, and immediately deflect criticism. The judgements you make say a lot more about yourself. No wonder you have no friends.
>>
>>9606821
I did all of those things.. Doesn't make me happy or comfortable though. I'm sorry I came to cgl to bitch I guess lol.
>>
File: ハロウィンバナー.jpg (278KB, 740x400px) Image search: [Google]
ハロウィンバナー.jpg
278KB, 740x400px
Is cultural appropriation of Dia De Los Muertos OK when the Japanese do it?
>>
>>9606950
>cultural appropriation
My fucking god.
Lolita too is a cultural appropriation on both sides if you think about it, so we should all go to PC jail for this sin of wanting to experience other cultures.
>>
>>9606950
Good lolita related post. Really convincing.
>>
>>9606950
>Awocados, crosses, skeletons and jalapenos
>cultural appropriation
You wot m8
>>
File: 1400720294110.png (146KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1400720294110.png
146KB, 625x626px
>>9606963
>>9606968
why are you so silly
>>
>>9606950
what is this from?
>>
>>9606998
Looks like q-pot from the ghost.
>>
You guys... Mam lovely is fucking huuuuuge. I just bought a dress unwittingly because it was being sold on auction as "Angelic Pretty." So much for muh fat Americans meme, this dress is probably 120 bust or more. Not sure if I should sell it, give it away, or try to make it smaller
>>
>>9607022
I'd say sell it.
>>
>>9607051
I just don't know if fattychans will pay anywhere near what I did. The crazy thing is you can buy their stuff new for 170-200$, I just looked it up and there is literally no excuse for those fatties bitching about Japanese brand sizing
>>
>>9607053
do you have a pic?
>>
>>9606502
>politely decline photos.

A different anon but also struggling with an ED and body image issues, but is there a good way to do this without seeming weird? I try to avoid photos in general, but sometimes at functions, it seems to be the norm to take photos and I'm unsure how to navigate this without seeming awkward or rude. Even at work events or non-lolita functions, I want to avoid photos so I don't have to see myself.
>>
Is it better to email JetJ in English or Japanese?
>>
>>9604605
Split wigs were not invented by AP. It was never a trend that was all that popular in Japan. And Twinkle Mermaid was only three colors at max, the most colorful being the blue and pink, which is....blue and pink. With a little white.
>>
>>9607063

I e-mailed JetJ in English about extra dresses and custom orders and it was fine both times.
>>
>>9607062
>Ooh you're taking pictures? I don't want to be in them but I'll take them for you guys!!
You don't have to explain yourself or why, just make sure they know you're not doing it because you don't want to be part of the group. If they push the issue just say nah, I don't like photos. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>9607065
>split wigs weren't invented by AP
they were making joke that OTT pastel sweet became AP's "thing." no need to get butthurt or read into it
>twinkle mermaid had three colors max
sure, but having multiple tones in a print was a new thing and twinkle mermaid was the hit that made it "big"
>>
>>9606655
Probably, I've heard complaints about inconsistent quality with them. I've seen quite a few on girls in my com and I just don't get the hype around this company cause they look like any other cheap wig to me. Maybe there are better batches, that would make sense
>>
I don't know anything about web design, but I want to download the background image Meta's using for their site right now. How do I do that? TIA!
>>
File: pop(12).jpg (412KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
pop(12).jpg
412KB, 595x842px
>>
>>9607143
Only 3 colors, ivory, lavender, and black.
>>
>>9607143
please tell me the hat comes in black?
>>
Does anyone know any cute loungewear/pj brands? I want to be cute at all times and stop wearing ratty tee shirts only to bed
>>
>>9607053
A lot of MAM's Lovely stuff while they can fit huge sizes, just isn't really all that cute... then again, most of MAM's stuff isn't all that cute.
>>
>>9607022
Depending on what it is I'll buy it off you
>>
File: bg.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bg.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>9607137
this one? used to be, in firefox you could right click and select "view background image." not sure how it's done in chrome or if it's possible. might need an addon. I was able to do it because I haven't updated firefox in a shamefully long time.
>>
>>9607185
What type things would you be looking for design-wise? Like a puff sleeve cutsew tunic with matching bloomers and cute quality trims? I've been toying with the idea of swapping my normie casual wear shop to more jfash roomwear.
There's a shop out there that says they do lolita pajamas but their designs didn't appeal to me and I forgot the name.
>>
>>9607143
I wish there was a normal waisted cut or even a skirt. I am sad.
>>
>>9607209
that sort of thing sounds adorable, I'm mostly into very cutesy sweet lolita
>>
>>9607153
Yep, it lists the same colors anon.
>>
>>9607143
Hideous cuts as usual.
>>
>>9607143
...I want that beret
>>
>>9607143
Someone give them new inspiration
>>
>>9607143
I can't believe AP was so generous as to preview next year's RPA Halloween release. I love when brands help each other out!
>>
>>9607053
My experience with bitching fatties is that they want specific prints, and if you point them to pieces and brands that will fit them but aren't APs latest hype print they get offended. They don't want MAM, they want AP to go *even bigger*.
>>
>>9607143
>dick crosses
>>
>>9607143
Did AP Japan have a rule against buying only berets as well? I remember AP USA had this rule, but I probably just want the beret.
>>
>>9607276
This joke was only for you and I anon
>>
>>9607301
I don't see it. Its like you want it to be there.
>>
>>9606998
It's Q-pot's new Halloween range
>>
>>9607185
Gelato pique
>>
>>9607299
This. There is plenty of plus-size friendly stuff on the market, but they want Honey Cake and the latest AP release to be huge and not some filthy Taobao.
>>
>>9607303
Nope. You can buy accessories without a main piece.
>>
>>9607022
Isn't that their plus size label? I want to get their denim dress
>>
>>9607185
I think wunderwelt blogged about some. VM/Beth also does roomwear and PJs
>>
>>9607299
I'm not even fat or into AP, but MAM ist mostly hideous....I'm sure you wouldn't buy it if it catered to skinny girls.
>>
>>9607332
I have two MAM OPs for comfy casual wear, actually. If you're twice the size of a healthy Japanese person you have no right to demand that brands cater to you, then whine when the brands who do cater to you aren't cute enough for your liking. Lose weight or shut up. Beggars can't be choosers.
>>
>>9607332
I think they just take bad photos. I remember thinking the denim dress was really bad but after seeing it worn in the street snap thread I want to buy it.
>>
>>9606351
got any ott sweet era?
>>
what's considered a "newer release?" Is it past 2013, 2014, etc? I keep seeing posts on AP's newer releases' huge sizing and quality issues, when did this start happening?
>>
>>9607061
This dress http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOAPP-40519
>>
>>9607309
>not wanting dicks on your AP
Are you gay or something?
>>
>>9607143
does ap ever release different cuts or colors for halloween releases after the initial release?
like how they did with the grey cream cookie parade.
this is a dream print for me but the cuts are actually making me not want to get it
>>
>>9607473
They might release a special set, but that will probably be high-waisted too anyway since everything they release these days is
>>
>>9607473
If i remember correctly ETC also did a halloween print of cookies
>>
>>9607143
do japanese girl/chinese girls like these cuts or something? I cannot understand why they keep making them so bad.
>>
>>9607483
They are popular in Jpn
>>
>>9607475
don't they are have a red op special set planned.
would the release another special set ?
>>9607482
The etc one is on my wishlist, but I never wee it for sale unfortunately
>>
>>9607216
Cool, that sounds like a fun project. Would you be put off if a shop had lolita lounge wear along with generic weeb lounge wear? Like a hooded capelet and shorts set that had bear ears and a tail?
>>
Does anyone know the value of pic related?
>>
Anyone know if tenso is an okay shopping service for buying off fril?
>>
>>9607519
No
>>
>>9607538
kek

>>9607519
Tenso is a forwarding service anon, not a shopping service.
>>
>>9607143
I'm glad so many people hate the cuts. Maybe I'll get my desired colorway from APP.
>>
One of my items from IW had some issues, so I sent it back. They say they'll fix it if possible but all I want is a refund. Would it be rude to request a refund outright?
>>
File: 04171052_58f41fc5d7b42.jpg (638KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
04171052_58f41fc5d7b42.jpg
638KB, 2448x1836px
Are there no stock photos of pic related or is lolibrary not working right for me?
>>
>>9607566
I love the jsk cut, fight me for it anon
>>
>>9607363
This is a meme people use to complain and there's no real set timeline, just whenever someone wants to complain. I've seen someone use this phrase for dresses from 2010-2011
>>
>>9607143
Question: why does no one ever put a cute belt on or tie a nice ribbon around no-waist dresses? It should just make a nicely draped silhouette, assuming you tie it in the right spot (I've never had to try this, as I give two shits about AP, but it seems like a decent solution)
>>
>>9607622
I like the JSK but I'm just concerned how it'll look with a blouse
>>
>>9607642
why?
>>
>>9607640
>why does no one ever put a cute belt on or tie a nice ribbon around no-waist dresses?
I've seen many people do this before. It's not some unheard of novel idea, anon. While the shape when doing that is fine, it's still not as good as cuts with waists.
>>
>>9607645
You don't see it?

>>9607642
You could use a bolero and skip the blouse.
>>
>>9607648
So there's no actual reason since you can't point it out?

They've done very similar cuts before that look just fine with blouses.
>>
>>9607619
All of their "miniskirts" I've gotten have been the exact same cut, just look up meta miniskirts worn
>>
>>9607640
I do it but I don't post my coords. Jindie lolita brands release good belts and corsets for it.
>>
>>9607653
What for? I'm looking for stock photos of that skirt.
>>
>>9607649
not that anon, but just look at the shaped black collar anon. it's also harder to coord halter necks with blouses as well. not saying it's impossible for it to look good, but just that it is indeed an odd shape to pair with many blouses. i think it's very obvious in my eyes, which is why the anon asked if you could see the problem with it.
>>
>>9607656
I guess since I'm not new and know how to work around different cuts I don't see it as a problem. I own a few different halter cuts and never have come across an issue where it looks terrible with the blouse I paired it with because I actually know what cuts of things go together.
>>
>>9607658
Yeah this seems like a problem for newer Lolita's but anyone who's been in the style should know how to work around it.
>>
>>9607658
Count to three and take a deep breath. I'm the one who originally posted about being concerned. It wasn't the halter neck that was a problem for me, it was the collar. There are plenty blouses that would be able to look fine with it, but the collar's on most of the blouses I own would look strange. That's what I meant to say by my concern. I'm not sure why you got so angry.
>>
>>9607619
Probably not, it looks like their lucky pack skirt.
>>
>>9607668
>projecting this hard

Im not angry anon, not sure why you read it as angry either. You should
probably specify it won't work with your blouses next time though, because there shouldn't be any problem with this cut in general looking bad with blouses any more than any other cut.

>>9607664
MTE
>>
>>9607668
>Count to three and take a deep breath.
ntayrt but can we drop this dumb meme of if you post more than a sentence about the same subject, you must be some level of angry.

Some of us just like typing out stuff.
>>
>>9607671
>i-i'm not angry! i'm not new so i know everything! i'm so calm, y-you're the angry one projecting your feelings onto me! i actually know how to coord unlike you!
Anons getting mad at new lolitas are so funny.
I agree with you 100% on the blouse thing, but God, you are so cringey.
>>
>general has a lot of new posts.
>everything is anons bickering about a jsk cut
I thought summer was ending.
>>
>>9607683
There's no language I used to indicate irritation so anything you guys read into it is purely projection.

i know this is /cgl/ so it's highly likely every other post is filled with salt but come on, there's nothing in my post to indicate it. You're just reaching at that point.
>>
>>9607685
Stop responding to trolls.
>>
>>9607143
Damn, I want the otks and beret. They'd be perfect with the ivory version of guilty melting.
>>
>>9607143
This is horrid
>>
>>9604991
Japonica. Always and forever I buy my stuff from Mecari/Fril using Japonica. I don't care about the fees because everything is dirt cheap on those sites anyway. They always get my package to me, they always email me the next day, and I've never once had a problem. One time I was ordering makeup and they sent me a message saying the seller had used it once and asked if I still wanted to purchase the item. Little touches like that made me trust Japonica.
>>
Does anyone know how warm brand coats are? Specifically looking at one from Baby and one from MM. I live in a cold climate and I can't do a coat that's just for show.
>>
>>9607831
>https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/9590288/#9593157
>>
>>9607489
I'm very much both a weeb and a lolita. I wouldn't be put off at all
>>
>>9607143
Otks and accessories here I come
>>
>>9607392
This is fucking cute.
>>
>>9607143
I like the sack op in ivory and the beret, fight me. Though...i admit i'd like an empire waist more.
>>9607684
Stop whining and bring another topic then.
>>
>>9607669
I thought the tiered skirt was the luckypack version
>>
testing
>>
What should I do if a seller on lacemarket stops all communication after I sent payment? I paid almost 2 weeks ago (paid the same day I was invoiced) and was told that they would ship my jsk wirh tracking 3-5days after I sent payment. I sent them a message letting them know I paid and then waited until 2 days ago to ask if they got my message from when I paid. The seller read one of my messages and has been posting new items and replying to other people on her items but still hasn't contacted me at all or provided my tracking number. I tried contacting lacemarket suppprt but they haven't replied yet.
>>
>>9607941
Just open a Paypal claim.
>>
>>9607958
It wouldn't be too soon to do that? It's my first time buying from anyone on lacemarket and I don't want to end up with bad feedback.
>>
>>9604858
Just some brown/tan shoes with scalloped edges would work fine to match a biscuit coord. They're everywhere.
>>
>>9607941
Send a message like "Please respond or I'll have to assume you're backing out and file a claim". Chances are they're still reading messages through email notifications but are too busy or lazy to reply. It's 100% not your fault if they're active but ignoring you, and you can probably get negative feedback removed if LM support has been in touch with the situation.
>>
>>9607966
Tell her you're going to do it tomorrow if she doesn't give you an update. I'm pretty sure you can't get bad feedback for doing nothing wrong, mod will remove it for you. Or just start a new account.
>>
Does anyone still use tumblr or has everyone migrated to instagram and youtube?
>>
>>9607966
Is it international mail? That can take awhile.

If not, I've been having trouble with lacemarket not sending some of my notifications again lately, though. See if you have her email and try messaging her directly
>>
>>9608014
I still update mine with the same stuff I put on instagram, seem to have gotten a normal amount of followers despite less activity?
>>
>>9607363

Not only is there no set timeline, You're a bit late to the party. The dresses started getting bigger a bit before 2013 (2013 is when that one photo of Maki drowning in a Musee du Chocolat OP went around), and then a little later people started saying "newer releases AP are getting smaller again". They have pieces from 2010 that can accommodate 100cm bust, AP's dress size is just generally all over the place, so you need to check each release.

Quality "problems" are a whole other thing. Normally no one would use raschel lace in lolita, but since larme got big it's being used as trim, and sometimes even a whole overdress. AP removed the built-in petticoats for Cosmic sailor jsk and OP, but put it in the Cosmic jsk, which seems like a design decision and not so much a cost-cutting one, so it's hard to tell if they no longer do built-in pettis on most dresses as a design decision or a cost-cutting one. So it's tough to say if their quality is really "dropping" or it's just a lot of design decisions trying to incorporate Larme elements that come off as "lower quality" to the lolita purists.
>>
>>9607958
>>9607982
>>9608024
They messaged me with a tracking number a little while after I posted here asking what to do. I guess they were too busy on cgl to message before that.
>>
>>9607640

They do, and there's a coord image of Holy Lantern OP with a corset going around.

Most of them end up in either the nitpick thread or the ita thread. AP sack dresses are generally short as well as shapeless, so the proportions generally don't turn out as nicely as you'd think.
>>
File: 1471143360427.jpg (66KB, 728x669px) Image search: [Google]
1471143360427.jpg
66KB, 728x669px
Hey, I haven't been in lolita in a while and image search got me nothing. What's the source on this dress?
>>
>>9608121
It's a handmade dress she made using vintage fabric.
>>
im probably being a complete idiot but does shoulder with measure from "armpit" to "armpit" in the back?
>>
>>9608168

the fuck kind of shoulders do you have are under your armpits?

The measurement goes from shoulder point to shoulder point. Your shoulder point is where your arm joins your shoulder, you should be able to feel the top of your arm bone rotating there. Or, take a shirt that fits you well, and measure along the top seam from the top of one armhole to the other. Top, not bottom, ok?
>>
This is a long shot, but does anyone here know anything about Mercari UK?
>>
Victorian Maiden survey for winter coats!
>https://twitter.com/VM_press/status/900643239815860224
>>
Anyone here own any ebay replicas?? I'm not above buying one if it's well made but i've never bought anything lolita related from ebay before. Just wondering if the quality is at least bodyline tier or if I should just forget about it all together.
>>
>>9608565
Don't do it. My first """lolita"""" item was an ebay replica and it was shit. Plasticy lace, no lining, thin fabric, poor construction, and the elastic yellowed and crumbled after a year. I never even wore it out.

Best bet is just don't do replicas, man.
>>
>>9608577
This is what i was expecting to hear honestly. Well darn, I wanted to believe but thank you. I really should know better lol
>>
>>9608565
Depends on what you buy, nowadays a lot of resellers sell taobao stuff on ebay. But replica's went down in quality anyway, so I wouldn't buy one anywhere.
>>
When does AP usually roll out their coats? Baby just did theirs.
>>
>>9608522
Answered - I hope for a nice bordeaux winter jacket.
>>
New thread >>9608704
>>
>>9604904
>people with Japanese Mercari accounts using their services will be blocked.
why tho?
>>
Is MAM considered burando?
>>
>>9607348
When's OTT era? I was in around 2010, I think the last new thing I bought was 2013?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.