[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jfashion appreciation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.609002.jpg (218KB, 1223x994px) Image search: [Google]
Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.609002.jpg
218KB, 1223x994px
What made you intrested in your fashion when you first saw it VS Why you love it now.
For example: It's pretty silly but the reason why i love lolita is because the first coord i have ever seen kind of looked like the dress from Cardcaptor Sakura.
But now i feel like lolita helped me stop being incredibly shy and gave me many chances to meet intresting people
>>
>>9601459
I honestly don't remember what made me interested in lolita at first. It reminded me of "gothlolis" in series like Death Note so my edgy weeb babybat self thought it looked cool, but at first I actually thought it looked super weird IRL and was only cute on anime girls. But the more I researched lolita the more absorbed I got...I was so surprised to find out that, not only do real girls wear clothes like this in Japan, you can buy the clothes online and there are shops and whole comms here.

If you asked me why I like lolita now, I'd just say because I love the way it looks. I find most forms of lolita far more beautiful than normal clothes. I don't want to sound all "THIS IS WHO I REALLY AM MOM", but I honestly feel so much more happier and comfortable in lolita than almost anything else. Sometimes when I wear ordinary trendy outfits I feel like I'm putting on a costume, even though I can tell they objectively look normal and good. Wearing lolita feels as "me" as wearing simple basics does. I also like the ability to weave inspiration from different historical eras and interests into my outfits, and I'm unhealthily obsessed with the oldschool subculture/street origins (most other subcultures in my country are almost dead so I feel trapped in past nostalgia).
>>
File: IMG_1450.jpg (112KB, 311x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1450.jpg
112KB, 311x750px
Pic related is what made me fall in love! The sort of toned down hime look of the coord, the makeup, the color scheme, it was everything I'd ever wanted to look like. (I should note: I liked classic much more when I was starting out. Now I'm a proud cake-wearing sweet lolita. Funny how things change!)

Nowadays, I love lolita because it's so much more exciting than anything I can find at Kohls or Forever 21. Plus, it's really hard to find clothing that isn't too sexy or too mom-like, and isn't some washed out mustard/cayenne pepper/olive green colored thing. (My normie clothes are almost entirely black, white, and pink.) I want my neon pastels, dangit. If the only way I can get them is through jfash, I'm perfectly happy with that.

Another thing, one that's stayed the same throughout the years, is that I majorly prefer the cutesy look. I'm a firm believer that frilly clothing and pastels aren't for children exclusively, and I will continue wearing them for as long as I feel like it.
>>
Cardcaptor Sakura made me love it as well, forever looking for my Tomoyo.
>>
>>9601459
Same for me. I loved the outfits in CCS and the first lolita pieces I saw looked a lot like them. Now I still enjoy fashion that reminds me of my favourite media. Jfashion tends to be the most creative.

>>9601736
I-I could be your Tomoyo, anon-chan
>>
I was really interested in period dramas and listened to goth music, one day I saw GLB in a bookshop and that's how I found lolita. I never became interested in the social aspect. At first I only liked goth and classic but now I developed an appreciation for things that make me nostalgic and started wearing more things normies would consider for children, like stuffed animal prints.
>>
File: IMG_0544.jpg (116KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0544.jpg
116KB, 720x960px
>>9601522
Seconding it makes me feel more comfortable: even when I'm really lazy and feel like wearing pants to work/boater shoes, I'll still sneak a blouse under my sweater/cardigan to feel like "me". I'm amused because even in my lazy wear I get compliments from normies about looking ~stylish~. Little do they know...

I feel like my lolita story is a little different; from an extremely young age I was exceptionally outspoken about what I wanted to wear, and what I wanted to wear was frilly dresses (pic related is rare footage of ~three year old me, apologies for self-post). When I got to school I would bypass rules about playing at recess in dresses by wearing shorts underneath for as long as I could.
Obviously eventually there were no more frilly dresses in my size (fashions change, got hardcore bullied for wanting to wear dresses amongst other things) so that stopped sometime mid-elementary school.
Enter my weeb phase at around 14 and discovering jfashon; my core thought was "holy shit, this EXISTS?" and hoarded pictures of Victorian Maiden dresses as inspiration to work hard so that I one day could afford them and just wear frilly dresses every day (it was also early days of the fashion with almost no way to get dresses overseas, so there's that).
Two years ago after finally getting a job and going through a lot of emotional turmoil, I finally said "fuck it" and bought my first two pieces. I now have a small closet of VM and MM pieces. Dreams really do come true!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCeGn5kliis for me it was this, bought my first btssb dress and watched kamikaze girls immediately after
>>
File: IMG_6691.jpg (142KB, 549x770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6691.jpg
142KB, 549x770px
I got interested when I discovered Kanon Wakeshima. (Through the ending of Vampire Knight.) I really wanted to be like her. Even did my hair like her. I wanted this dress to be my first dress. And it almost did, but they only had the wine version.
Now I just love it because it gives me the ability to create my ideal perfect self.
>>
I probably got into jfash from card captor sakura too, and a lot of shoujo manga I read had these big full page illustrations of the characters in amazing clothes that I wish I could wear.
Getting into Jfash made me feel really cute. The only stuff I would wear before was the same pair of jeans + the same 5 black teeshirts + some baggy sweater or sweatshirt, plus some random dresses i looked ugly in. So wearing cute, poofy skirts was a HUGE change. Plus I found out that high waisted flared out skirts are THE most flattering type of bottom wear on me. I love the cute colors, and how different Jfash looks from normie fashion, which has devolved into earth tones and weird cuts (like the no-shouldered sweaters). Plus, I feel bad/wary buying fast fashion clothes, and I like quality clothing better.
>>
>>9602005
aww, your story makes me so happy. reminds me of me when I was a kid!
>>
>>9601459
Started because weeb. Almost all the manga I read and forums I hung out in had some form of goffik loleeter, and admiring the magical frilly dresses led to me discovering that this was actually a real thing that you could buy and wear. I hoarded pictures of the nastiest Milanoo messes and lusted over them almost daily.
The two things that stopped me looking like a turd rolled in lace were having no money and living with parents who refused to spend hard-earned cash on a dolled-up trash bag.

Now I just love the details, and really admire all the effort that goes into making a beautiful and cohesive piece like custom lace and buttons. I sew a lot of my own dresses and collect oldschool pieces- it's amazing and slightly worrying that 13-year-old me thought BTSSB looked the same as Milanoo's finest bargain bin sweepings, so hooray for getting some taste, lol.
...Although when I'm feeling down, there's an ancient pair of Chobits ears that I sometimes wear around the house with the frillier oldschool jsks while eating Pocky, just to prove to myself that even stupid dreams can come true .
>>
Super stupid and kind of embarassing, but here goes. When I was around 13/14, I was your typically awkward teenager with social anxiety (and not in the ~cute & quirky~ way). One Day I got so desperate I literally googled 'how to be confident' (yes I know) and Somehow stumbled upon shelbycloud's video on confidence and lolita fashion. I was so inspired, not only because she was so confident of herstelf, but also because she wore such beautiful dresses. That Day I decided I wanted to be Just as confident and cute as her. That was 7 years ago and today I'm a happy confident lolita! Shelbycloud is still my favorite lolita and one of my idols.

In case anyone is interested in the video: https://youtu.be/gE5t-N-03Zg
>>
>>9604402
That's not stupid! You found something great and gained confidence, go you!
>>
File: poster-thumb-22578.jpg (110KB, 300x442px) Image search: [Google]
poster-thumb-22578.jpg
110KB, 300x442px
always had an appreciation for the adorable, but it was really magical girls/anime that did it. Cardcaptor Sakura, Rozen Maiden, Chobits, Moonphase, etc etc. I love vintage 40s/50s and victorian clothing overlaps with classic lolita so that just increased my adoration of it. also pic related, I still love Hazuki's outfit ngl
>>
>>9602005
Aww, I love that. I kind of got into lolita the same way. My mom liked sewing frilly dresses for me when I was a kid, so frilly dresses were what I wore. I wasn't really aware at the time, but looking back, a lot of her pieces were pretty close to IW-style classic. One of my favorites was this deep violet winter dress with a sailor collar, basically something an Edwardian child would have worn. Since this kind of clothing was normal for me, I didn't have a sense that clothing styles could be outdated, or anything other than classic. When I saw pictures of clothing from other eras, I just thought the idea of people wearing that today would be so romantic and not weird at all.

Anyway, when I eventually came across pictures of brand, I also had that "why did I not know about this before??" feel. It opened up the possibility that there was a world of modern fashion that wasn't shit quality/mass produced/flat out boring or weird, and I could get back that feeling of wearing really beautiful, timeless things. That was pretty mindblowing. So now I am also enjoying my VM and MM pieces (including a couple of the first ones I ever saw and fell in love with!).
>>
>>9606237
I'm >>9602005, that's amazing!
It kinda makes me feel like I've secretly always been a Disney princess or something. As I got older I kinda became much more interested in fashion history, and I feel VM/MM really caters to that.
>>
>>9606249
Agreed! I was drawn to VM and MM from the start because their pieces have a very "authentic" look (probably not the best word but hope that makes sense). They're about as close to Victorian and early to mid 20th century clothing as you can get, but as a fashion, not a costume or attempt at being period accurate. That's one of the things I wanted out of lolita, so buying more VM/MM is always really satisfying!
>>
>>9601991
W-will you sew me dresses and film me?
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
Visual Kei.

Damn I still love this style so much for crossing punk and goth with jfashion. But I feel too old and white to ever pull it off
>>
>>9605424
Aww thanks! I guess im Just a bit embarassed of young me googling weird things like that haha!
>>
>wanted to dress as Haku from naruto since he was real damn pretty
>show my mom, she's alright with it
>she finds out Haku is a boy and isn't ok with it
>no daughter of hers will be dressing like a boy
>tell her Haku is a boy dressing like a girl and I as a girl dressing as a boy dressing like a girl technically it wouldn't be crossdressing
>this hurts her brain
>looks up "girly anime characters" and finds Hazuki from moonphase
>buys me a dvd, tells me to cosplay someone more traditionally girly
>helps me cosplay it even though I only watched 4 episodes
>I get upset when the dress is finished and the skirt doesn't "poof up like its supposed to"
>mom called me retarded and tells me dresses dont poof on their own and you need petticoats
> loved Hazuki's outfit more than I did the show itself
>Found out about lolita, became a Lolita, wore it every time I went out
>Mom became pretty pissed about me wearing lolita all the time

>>9605427
>>
>>9606865
With all due respect anon, your moms sounds like a bitch and a stupid one at that
>>
>>9606318
I would sew the prettiest dresses and edit the videos beautifully

>Tomoyo cares deeply for her and never gets to be with her

wow she really is me
>>
>>9601459
I saw some outfits in mangas and animes that were supposedc to be lolita/inspired by it and cutesy fashion in general like cute flowy sundress paired with ribboned strawhats, loose socks,ruffly skirts,... all the typically "cute" outfits you could find in 2000s shojo mangas and animes.
I was amazed by how pretty it was (and was even more when I realized alt fashion was a thing), I would look at it and think "I love it so much, that's how i want to dress!".

In short, I used to love it just because I loved the way it looked, as simple as that. And it's still the same today. I also met people through lolita and cute fash, wearing it makes me feel really "me" and really cute and as weeby as it sounds, I feel like an animu girl and that was my dream back then so I'm just kinda glad I realized one of my dreams.

tl;dr: i'm a fucking weaboo but a happy one
>>
File: 61y1rmE-EwL.jpg (65KB, 328x465px) Image search: [Google]
61y1rmE-EwL.jpg
65KB, 328x465px
>>9601459 (OP)
Full Moon wo Sagashite. Also made me fall in love with the "drill" hair, which I could never actually pull off
>>
Ciel from Black Butler is what made me interested in Ouji fashion, I never thought I'd ever be able to wear it.
Now I wear Ouji fashion at least once a month. I love it and I have a few bros locally that wear it too.
>>
File: 009.jpg (67KB, 230x691px) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
67KB, 230x691px
I think the outfits from Ranma 1/2 is what really made me get into jfashion. I still want to recreate some of the outfits/aesthetic from the series.
>>
well im an old. (30) Is masked lolita an excusable way to be around this?
>>
>>9606330
a lot of those brands are going defunct now. so sad.
>>
>>9610729
what?
>>
>>9610729
I'm 30 and I wear lolita all the time, do whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>9610288
Oh man, that brings back memories.
>>
Honestly the thing that got me into lolita were the stock images Milanoo used to steal. I always loved the Mary Magdalene dresses, but of course at the time I didn't know it was MM. Lucky for me I never had enough money to actually buy anything from Milanoo since I was a teenager. Once I started seriously getting into the fashion and realized my boobs don't fit 95% of MM dresses, it made me sad but I still liked enough of the other dresses from other brands to keep me going.

I love it now because I simply enjoy the feeling of being all dressed up in drop dead gorgeous poofy dresses. It's amazing. No other style of clothing makes me feel like this. I know people "leave lolita" or whatever but that concept is so weird to me because it means other people don't feel (or stopped feeling) that way about their lolita wardrobe. I don't think that will ever happen for me.
>>
>>9610729
Are you seriously asking if it's okay to wear a damn mask with a fashion style because you're 30? It's not your age that's the problem. Find another hobby.
>>
That morbid threads article from early 2000's piqued my interest. I was really bored of mainstream fashion at the time. Wore goth & retro.

Now I love that its a bit of beauty in my day & makes me feel my best self. I love peoples reactions to it. Even if it looks a little inaccessible, plenty of normie women rave about the novelty bags & have sent many away happily browsing the internet for toned down otome jsks & skirts. I hope I've helped make my little corner of the earth happier, as I was made happy by finding out the things I like exist in clothing form
>>
>>9610288
Same. I have piles of shitty full moon fanart, I should dig out sometime. Achieved the dream and whatnot
>>
>>9616268
Yeah, leaving lolita is a weird concept for me too. How do you decide to just sell off all the clothes you've gathered over the years like that? Not saying people can't fall out of love with something, but deciding to get rid of all those dresses is a really final decision since you'd have to wait for them to come up on the secondhand market again if you changed your mind. It just seems really harsh, as opposed to pruning your wardrobe or just taking a break from the fashion.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.