[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General: Halloween is near edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 45

Old one >>9594552

Let's start linking other generals again, it was so convenient

Dream dress thread >>9580366
BST thread >>9585926
Aliexpress >>9577164
Taobao thread >>9598134
CoF >>9592886
Draw thread >>9535444
ebay thread >>9598450
Price check >>9584954

Let's not talk about the one who shall not be named.
>>
Why not just use the catalog? There's going to be new threads in the meantime anyway.
>>
How do you feel about wearing toned down black lolita to a funeral?
>>
>>9598788
idk sometimes threads are hard to find even with the catalog (especially if they put the title in the name field).
Also,why not, it's OP's time.
>>
>>9598790
I've done it twice
>>
>>9598790
As long as it's not eye-catching I think it's okay. You simply have to make sure it's not attention grabbing or too fancy.
>>
>>9598790
only if the deceased was someone close to you who liked/didn't mind the fashion

otherwise it's even tackier than wearing something out of place to a wedding
>>
>>9598794
>>9598796
It should be an international comm rule to attend funerals of fellow lolitas in the biggest OTT gothic attire possible. No replicas or bodyline allowed.
>>
>>9598798
I need to make sure they bury me in Honey Cake.
>>
File: 1407075519735.png (258KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1407075519735.png
258KB, 500x281px
>Would you want to be buried in lolita?
>If yes, Which dress would that be?
>>
>>9598798
over my dead body
>>
>>9598803
Ride in lolita, die in lolita
>>
>>9598796
Why would you go to a funeral of someone you didnt care about and didn't know how you dress?
>>
>>9598822
>what are distant family members, acquaintances, coworkers, etc
>>
>>9598856
So people I care about and know how I dress? It's not like she's going to show up in something extreme, women wear black dresses or something formal in black at a funeral so she won't stand out.
>>
>>9598861
not everybody is as close to those people as you might be? my post was pretty specific. don't know why you're getting so defensive.
>>
>>9598856
Would you really go to the funeral to someone that distant?
>>
>>9598866
yes, if they live near me geographically. i'm not going to flake on a funeral invitation if somebody wants me there.

like i said, if you were close to them, fine. but if not, stealing the show is pretty scummy.
>>
>>9598796
I wore lolita to two weddings and both the brides were happy with it. One even wanted me to wear it. It's not tacky or attetion grabby at all if choose the right dress and tone it down. Same goes for funerals.
>>
>>9598871
imo if you have to try and justify it to yourself it's the wrong choice
>>
>>9598866
clearly you aren't from a large ethnic family. Half the time I don't even know how someone is related to me, but god damn it I am expected to be at their funeral
>>
>>9598875
nayrt, but anon was just saying the brides were fine with it? that's not exactly reaching
>>
>>9598871
>>9598875
A friend of mine has asked me specifically to wear lolita to her wedding and asked me to help her find a lolita wedding dress for her wedding. I don't see what's wrong with it as long as the bride approves and you don't wear something more OTT than the bride.
>>
>>9598282
It's actually an AtP knockoff and I feel kinda bad for anyone who owns the original and gets lumped in with Bodyline-chans because the knockoff is more well known.

>>9598798
I'm down for this. Honestly I'd also love to have a bunch of girls in OTT lolita at my wedding (I hate being the centre of attention, they can have it) but I'm not close enough to my comm to invite them to something so personal.

>>9598803
Probably Grazia, but I'd also feel bad about removing such a beautiful dress from circulation. Maybe if it gets rereleased.
>>
>>9598922
What is an "ethnic" family? I though only racist white people used that word.
It's the same for my enormous (white) Catholic family, though. I recently went to the funeral of my great-aunt's stepbrother. I'd never met him and didn't know he even existed until I got the invitation. I wore a plain black IW jsk with a black cardigan and no petticoat and only got positive feedback on it if people mentioned it at all.
>>
File: 4079865807_8a983a9a9e.jpg (31KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
4079865807_8a983a9a9e.jpg
31KB, 240x320px
>>9598803
Iron Gate or Cat's Tea Party
>>
>>9598875
idk where you getting that I needed justify my choice? I just wanted to state that wearing lolita to formal occasions is absolutly fine if you do it right.
As much as most here hate the word but soft lolita is a nice compromise for these things.
>>
>>9598775
is this image fucking tiny or am i losing my goddamn mind
>>
File: rsz_1502784613485s.jpg (1KB, 40x53px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1502784613485s.jpg
1KB, 40x53px
>>9598994
Here you go anon.
>>
>>9598798
What's with the bodyline hate? They have cute solids.
>>
>>9598994
It's really tiny, it's almost as if OP made it tiny on purpose to fit with the amount of text
>>
>>9599004
That are sometimes design replicas from brands that are struggling
>>
>>9599006
OP here, idk what happened, I saved it from facebook, but now it's so tiny? Dunno, really.
>>
>>9598790
I think it's fine if it's like black with no skull images. I've been to a lot of funerals in the last few years, and kinda surprised how some just show up in ridiculously casual clothes. Although the last couple of funerals I just wore a nice black dress with tights and shoes, for a couple years ago I wore a plain black moitie skirt.
>>
Holy Lantern anon again.
I inspected my skirt more closely and noticed that it's not finished around the zipper and pocket properly. And there are *fucking* *holes* in the seam that connects petti and lining.

Can someone check if all of them are like that or just mine is fucked up? It's the low waist skirt for reference.
>>
>>9599044
Dropped my pic
>>
File: 68687.jpg (89KB, 670x379px) Image search: [Google]
68687.jpg
89KB, 670x379px
Anyone getting this?
>>
>>9599044
I looked at my Holy Lantern (OP, 1st MTO) I don't have any holes or unfinished parts in my lining. I'm no seamstress but these holes look rather intentionally with how finished they are otherwise, eventhough I don't know for what purpose they might be.
>>
>>9599046
This looks like a replica desu. My Holy Lantern looks a lot more neat and the lining is darker.
>>
>>9599046
>>9599079
Agreed, this might be a replica. That lining looks wrong. Where did you get your HL?
>>
>>9599077
>>9599079
I counted the holes and there are 4 of them, each different sized and they expose unfinished parts in the waist section so I don't think it's intentional.

Seller looked quite reputable (about a hundred positive feedback, no negative feedback) so I don't think it is a replica either. It has AP lace, design is flocked and clear. Are there any other indicators I can check?

God this is so shitty. Even my non-lolita clothes has finishing than that.
>>
>>9599089
No one has had similar experiences that I've heard of... this is interesting, but seems to be an outlier? If it was Baby I'd believe it, but I haven't heard this stuff about AP.
>>
>>9599089
I checked my HL zipper JSK and it had three gaps on the waist, only next to the zippers. I noticed that the lining if the skirt part is a lot darker than on the bodice, which looks mostly the same color on your pictures. Also, it's looks a lot more neat than your pictures, all of the seams and such are properly finished and not a hot mess like yours.
I think last year or the year before some really convincing replicas were sold, shortly before the first rerelease.
>>
>>9599046
I know that's the inside, but your photos of comparison also made holy lantern look really really dark. I don't have it in that shade, is it normal for it to be that color?
>>
>>9598798
One, my dead body wouldn't give a shit, but two, I should put that on my will.

I'd like to have my clothes on display like a gallery/memorial, but also have someone sell the pieces in person toward funeral costs/favorite charities. I don't think I'd want to be buried in lolita. It's likely that someone would cremate my body out of tradition (it's not exactly environmentally friendly, but I'd be content if I could get some form of green burial).
>>
>>9599049
Not for that price. They should just have re-released Celadon desu.
>>
>>9598985
Sorry 'soft lolita'??
>>
>>9598971
> I wore a plain black IW jsk with a black cardigan and no petticoat
wearing a burando main piece does not make a coordinate lolita, so the feedback you got isn't really relevant
>>
>>9599108
fuck that, if my undead soul has to wear normie clothes for all of eternity I'm going to become one angry ghost.
>>
>>9598790
If it's solid black, no print, relatively simple cut, no petticoat, no crazy shoes like rhs, and simple or no headwear (this means no bonnets, rectangle headdresses, large bows, or crazy hats. maybe a simple headband) or accessories, then yes. Basically, if you can wear it without it looking too lolita
>>
>>9599123
Very toned down lolita. Misako calls it soft lolita. Call it csual, toned down lolita, Otome, whatever you like. It was just the first word that came to mind. I don't want to start a war on names.
>>
>>9599089
Check the care labels, there should be none if it's a replica.
>>
>>9599106
I have the real pink HL, it is not that dark even in bad lighting. Could be a case of different phone cameras, but the only HL that shade I've seen have been replicas?
>>
>>9599099
>>9599104
I really don't think it's a replica mostly because seller looks reputable and it came with tags and everything. Waist lining-skirt lining colors are different on mine too but waist lining is not pictured in the photos. Only skirt lining and built-in petti are visible.

I'm devastated but I don't want to shit on previous owner either she probably didn't examine it throughly like me.
>>
>>9599151
It's not pink? I'm OP, I have it in wine.
>>
File: IMG_4742.jpg (73KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4742.jpg
73KB, 640x426px
>>9599158
Not that anon but your camera just really really light or something? I have it in wine too and it's dark. The one in your photos has a bit of a pink undertone, like the replica in this photo.
>>
>>9599157
Did you check the care labels?
>>
>>9599150
>>9599171
Everything looks like this.

>>9599167
Maybe my monitor is shitty but it looks same color with the stock photos to me.
>>
>>9599175
looks very legit. Seems you just had shit luck.
>>
>>9599150
>>9599151
>>9599167
>>9599171
Do you think I should open a dispute?
>>
>>9599178
Oh, well :(
>>
>>9599175
When did Holy Lantern cost 17000 yen though
>>
>>9599180
if it hasn't been very long since you received it in the mail, it might be appropriate

it's just that after a certain period of time a seller might question why you didn't bring it up sooner
>>
>>9599175
Seems real now. Sorry to see you got it like that, I just checked all my AP and none of them had problems like the ones your dress have. Sucks it's your first brand dress, too. Opening a dispute may not work, because the seller may say it's a manufacturing defect and take no responsibility since it was new with tags. Best of luck! You'll probably be able to get back your money if you sell it though.
>>
>>9599175
It's weird, I may be tired but isn't the tag inside the skirt supposed to be lavender to match the paper tag? It seems pink on my screen.
>>
>>9599184
Holy shit, didn't even notice that! The seller might have attached fake tags to be able to list it as "NWT"
>>
>>9599184
OP got the skirt.
Well if you are willing to consider the black x white jsk in the high waist cut, I'll be selling mine off soon.
>>
>>9599184
Great eyes. It never has. That's even cheaper than the Holy Lantern skirt listing price.
>>
>>9599184
>>9599199
that's the base price without tax, and i'm pretty sure that's how it with the tags on every AP garment. it will be a lower price than what we have listed on lolibrary. check your tags against lolibrary to see what i mean.

>>9599194
it's possible that they had worn it, caused the damage, and reattached the original tags. yuck.
>>
>>9599199
You must be thinking of the skirt's price after tax. That is the skirt's price.
>>
>>9599203
Damage doesn't look due to wear tho. There is no ripping, just clean unfinished cuts and unsewn parts.
>>
>>9599180
I had a similar issue with an expensive, but non lolita clothes garment. It had a stain on it, but came with the tags. I opened a dispute, and PayPal sided with them because it was from "manufacturing". Might be useless to do and a waste of time, but you won't lose anything from trying I guess.
>>
>>9599193
Tag itself is lavender, bow and text has a dark pinkish color.

>>9599192
Probably won't resell it because I already lost $50 shipping+tax on it, being a poorfag it's something. It really sucks though. I'm really disappointed.

>>9599213
I don't want to cause drama and seller was really nice too. Seems like it's best to leave it like this.
>>
>>9599194
I think you are reaching gulls. She just got a shitty dress. ~muh burando~ is not perfect
>>
>>9599231
I didn't realize she purchased the skirt, so I assumed it was the wrong price on the tag. It's been clarified that it is the correct price.
>>
Can someone post photos of their HL so I can compare with what it should look like? Especially finishing around zippers, pockets and stuff?
>>
>>9599250

I have the HL skirt in lavender 1st release, and the seams are nicely finished. It could be that all the re-releases have caused the quality to drop since they were producing so many
>>
>>9598790
I've done it, but it was family and I asked a close relative first (the funeral was at fairly short notice and I didn't own any other smart black clothes, so I basically asked her, "look, this is the only formal black dress I have, is this okay or do I have to rush out and buy something?")

Apparently what I wore was was fine and I got a couple of compliments but it still caught a lot of attention because in most modern funerals not everyone wears black (I didn't realise this before), and so I was one of the only people there in head-to-toe black instead of just general smart-ish clothes. I'd rather not do it again.

>>9598803
I wouldn't want to be buried in lolita actually, I'd rather my dresses went to someone else. Honestly it's my family that'd be grieving so I'd just go with the simple ceremonies they wanted and be wrapped in a shroud.

>>9598809
This dress is honestly perfect for a burial.
>>
>>9599148
Ntayrt and of course I know what soft lolita is already, but I wouldn't wear a giant Alice bow like that to a wedding in a million years. Not a great example.
>>
>>9599089
It can also just be faulty and not a replica. Imagine how much time it takes to check every piece seperately inside and out before they sell it. For a big release like Holy Lantern they might hire part-timers to help out with it who don't do their job as well as they should, or they expect the manufacturer to have checked everything well and only look at the outside before sending out weborders.
>>
>>9598871
Not OP but weddings and funerals aren't really comparable

At a wedding you're celebrating two people who love eachother getting together to share their lives with each other
At a funeral, you're saying goodbye to a person who is gone will never come back

If the person was someone really close and they liked the way you dressed, then absolutely, wearing lolita is no problem, but anything outside of thar feels kinda distasteful, like you're using the funeral as an excuse to dress up or something

Funerals today doesn't even usually require that you dress up fancy, so there's really no point
>>
File: tumblr_oubx28E2CI1wo5eaeo2_1280.jpg (303KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oubx28E2CI1wo5eaeo2_1280.jpg
303KB, 1280x960px
>>9599148
>>9599301
Pic related is actually soft lolita. What Misako is wearing in >>9599148 she calls casual lolita or just lolita.
>>
>>9599301
It was just the first photo I found on google searching for soft Lolita. Everyone right in their mind wouldn't wear such a big bow to a wedding.
Again I don't want to start a war on what form of lolita is called what. All I wanted to say use some common sense and tone your outfit down enough to make it appropriate for a formal occassion. If you can't jugde what would be okay and what wouldn't don't consider wearing lolita to a formal event in the first place.
>>
>>9599044
>>9599046

Lmao I'm sorry for you anon but my cheapest taobao looks better than this
>>
>>9598790
I think it's important to consider the way your clothes (your appearance, really) express your mourning. When I attended a funeral last year, I chose to dress to show my support for my loved ones, because I wasn't incredibly close to the deceased.

I wore navy instead of black to match my father's suit, as a symbol of support. I chose not to wear lolita, but I did pick an innocent world bolero to wear as well, because the deceased's significant other was cheered up a little by my way of dress when I accompanied my father to their home to help get affairs in order. I think if you put genuine sentiment and thoughtfulness into how you dress for a funeral, you'll be just fine. If wearing Lolita feels right, you should do it.

Maybe I'm just full of overly poetic sentimental shit though.
>>
Is wearing RHS or other wooden-soled/contrast platform shoes to university too extra? I want to start wearing lolita more in Sept and have a pretty decent low-poof toned-down oldschool/gothic wardrobe but man is it hard to find goth-appropriate shoes without a platform or massive heel. My RHS are actually flatter and comfier than a lot of my other shoes but the wooden sole has gathered a lot of attention when I've worn them out to meets and I'm worried it'll make me look stupid (professors seem to judge women who make impractical fashion choices like teetering heels or no coat in winter hard).

Most people here don't even wear a small heel. My main pair of daily shoes is some offbrand Mary Janes I bought from a shop that sells officewear, but so few people dress formally for class that I already noticed people think it's unusual. Goth boots with a platform seemed to be fine though?
>>
>>9599046
Ok so I have the jsk which is different but I have that hole too. I got mine from AP jp store so mine is real. But the "hole" is between the 2 lining section and so isn't noticeable unless you search and when I put my hand in it to see, it is the area of the bodice panel.
>>
File: IMG_2107.jpg (125KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2107.jpg
125KB, 600x600px
>>9599657
Pic that hopefully makes sense. I think there are 5 holes for the 3 front areas and the 2 back (shirring doesn't have this). Again this is the layer between the shiny red and the burgundy mini petti here. The actual lining if you flip it over is all good.
>>
File: jesuschrist.png (243KB, 443x888px) Image search: [Google]
jesuschrist.png
243KB, 443x888px
This just got reposted to my local comm page.
>>
>>9599713
Wouldn't it be simpler to hire someone to draw this character? That dress is going to look even worse irl
>>
>>9599718
I have a feeling that this photographer wants to find someone willing to dress up as his OC so he can fuck them. He'll probably offer to up the compensation.
>>
>>9599713
It's like an ita rip of MM's ekaterina... can't imagine this turning out well.
>>
>>9599713
>>9599718
>>9599726
I have a feeling that he and the commissioned seamstress are in serious cahoots, because the seamstress is the handmade ita from the recent trainwreck of a fashion show in the southern comm... and I wouldn't be surprised if this is her design.
>>
>>9599732
The odd thing is that it wasn't posted to the group by the handmade ita, even though I'm positive she's the seamstress. Seems like a design right out of her project book of horrors.
>>
File: front and back.png (2MB, 933x1373px) Image search: [Google]
front and back.png
2MB, 933x1373px
I recently bought this dress from a vendor at a con and I can't seem to figure out what print it is. The vendor said it's one of AP's earlier prints, but she didn't know its specific name. She also said she bought it in Japan. I've searched through lolibrary, blogspot archives and even lacemarket, but I can't find this dress online anywhere. I can post photos of the details and tags if you'd like.

Apologies if this is a stupid question; this is actually the first lolita piece I've ever bought. I've been lurking lolita threads on cgl for years now, but didn't have the money to buy anything until now.
>>
>>9599633
I dress pretty outlandishly from time to time for my university classes and while I get odd looks for the first week or so, eventually people get used to it. At this point, I'm known to be a fashionable person in my department. Just be confident and you can get away with most things at a college!
>>
>>9599762
Found it! https://lolibrary.org/items/ap-strawberry-picking-op

Congrats on your first lolita purchase!
>>
>>9599769
Bless your soul. Thank you so much, kind anon!
>>
>>9599737
She is confirmed to be the seamstress.
>>
>>9599724
>he
What's worse is the person who posted this looks to be a fakeboi. Not that that means the fakeboi isn't looking for some fucc. I'm sure the only reason seamstress ita is not jumping all over modeling this horror is because she's married, otherwise she leaps at the chance to model and promote her garbage.
>>
>>9598803
>Would you want to be buried in lolita?
sure!
>If yes, Which dress would that be?
Lief's Sacred Night, in the blackxcold colorway.
For some reason I really like the idea of making everyone wear really crazy OTT gothic to my funeral
>>
>>9599795
>blackxcold
*blackxgold, pardon the freudian slip
>>
File: 1390420591405.gif (42KB, 34x15px) Image search: [Google]
1390420591405.gif
42KB, 34x15px
>>9598999
>>
>>9598803
Probably in AaTP's Gloria.
>>
>>9599633
I wear them all the time, but I'm infamous on campus for being extra, so I'm not a great judge...
>>
>>9598803
I think I'd actually wanna be buried in gothic aristocratic. Long iron gate, victorian boots, a nice blouse and a pretty hat please.
>>
>>9598803

(I'm chinese) There's a culture of burning paper things so that the person you're burning them for receives them in the afterlife. Money, cars, mansions, even paper servants are common things to burn.

I'm actually considering stating in my will that I'd like to be cremated along with my lolita favorites. If they make the journey across to the afterlife with me I'll be the sweetest roriest ghost ever.
>>
Nun anon here again, can anyone tell me how much Nameless Poem goes for? Or where I can check? (I'm very new sorry for having to be spoon-fed, I am very lost)
>>
>>9599908
i got mine for 60€ but it was stained. I see it for about a hundred most of the time and wouldn't pay more than that. you can go on lacemarket, search for nameless poem and include finished auctions.
>>
>>9599633
Just wear black tea parties or something
Normies won't get that its not "correct", and I think most lolitas would understand if you're wearing it to school
You can obv wear whatever, but I think that flats would be less attention grabby
>>
>>9599902
no please sell your stuff to me dont burn it. actually would paper versions of the dresses work?
>>
>>9598803
Hell no. When you're dead, that's just a pile of meat and bones, and it'll start to rot. I cringe at the thought of my favorite dress being ruined by my rotting corpse, instead of being sold to someone who wants it.

I mean I'm gothic lolita so I could make some ideal picture about this being the most gothic fate ever for a dress, but in the end I'd be dead and it'd still be a ruined dress. What a waste.
>>
>>9599953
Those look literally like ageplay shoes and I don't throw around that word lightly. I mean sex shops sell teaparty shoes. At least anyone who is into fashion knows Vivienne Westwood and RHS are iconic shoes people associate with Harajuku.
>>
>>9599988
The hell is wrong with that sex shop. Tea parties are just flats with bows on them. Also noone I ever met knew what RHS were.
>>
>>9599988
I think you're overestimating how much fashion (and kink?) knowledge normies have.
>>
>>9599988
>I mean sex shops sell teaparty shoes
You talking about Bodyline?
>>
>>9599988
The only people who say oh it's ageplay are you guys. Normies don't give a shit. Rocking horse shoes are impractical for daily wear. Just wear something comfy and black and get over yourself.
>>
>>9599988
AP's TPS were originally released around the late 2000s, possibly 2007-2008 (I'd check the exact date but lolibrary is the opposite of helpful right now), far before ageplay became the new trendy shit all the tumblr kids go crazy for. Stop perpetuating this lolita=ageplay bullshit, you're a part of the problem.
>>
>>9599633
If youre worries are being judged by the professors they are still gonna judge the fuck of you for wearing something like lolita. Might as well just wear the RHS anyway, its all or nothing kek
>>
>>9599953
>>9599988
I used to wear pic related in black to uni as my go-to comfy flats and people were always super weird about them. As long as I was across the table from someone our conversation was fine, but as soon as they could see my shoes they couldn't keep their eyes off them and I don't think it's because they were admiring them... I imagine tea parties would be even worse. I don't know if people thought they were kinky or just weird oversized toddler clown shoes. Probably the latter. Everyone around me always wore sneakers, converse or ballet flats, even many of the professors.

>At least anyone who is into fashion knows Vivienne Westwood
Not in my experience. Anyone who is into punk, sure, and maybe many older people, but my 20-year-old cousin and her fashion blogger clique had never heard of VW when I mentioned her, and they think my RHS are "some weird Japan thing" and not fashionable at all. Unless you're studying fashion design I doubt your professors will recognise RHS for what they are.

>>9599633
Considering how weird people were about my mary jane flats with a bow on them I don't even want to know how they'd react to RHS. I'd stick to your office flats. Being too professional/formal is better than not being professional enough, and god forbid you ever stumble in your platforms because anyone judging you for your fashion choices will double down on their beliefs after something like that.
>>
>>9598803
Yeah, and in one of my handmade dresses. I'm not sure which one yet, but I kind of like the idea of something I created going along with me into the afterlife.
>>
>>9599953
They already said they wear normie mary janes and get weird looks--how the hell do you think they could get away with tea parties

I agree with >>9599988, platforms are more fashionable and less childish so you should be fine.

>>9599633
Any professor who judges you for dressing up for class is an ass and deserves to be put in their place. Kick ass in their class and they'll get over it.
>>
>>9600015
>anyone who is into fashion
I didn't mean teens that shop at F21 and think themselves knowledgeable about fashion because they follow Kylie Jenner on insta.

>>9600021
She said her RHS are comfy, and they are.

>>9600029
This is actually the first time I've said it, I'm always reminding people not to put ageplay, porn, DDLG and lolita in the same sentence because they are just bringing it closer together that way, but I just gave up. In my experience, normies are most weird about something that looks ultra girly (like ribbons or hearts on your shoes or in your hair) and knee socks.
>>
>>9600033
Platforms and block heels are in right now, though? Either you talked to your cousin years ago or she's some basic bitch blogger who doesn't pay attention to runway or street fashion.
>>
>>9599633
People might think they're weird at first, but I've worn mine with little problems. If you consistently, or at least regularly, wear "unusual" clothing, it just becomes part of your look.

I would say wear them. Before, I was incredibly self conscious and wouldn't dress how I wanted to out of fear of rejection/embarrassment, and it didn't do me any good, really. Now my rule is as long as it's situation appropriate, wear what you want.
The people who care don't matter, and the people who matter won't care.
>>
Could anyone who owns the 2012 version of Toy Parade in pink please post photos of the true color?
Is it more muted and dull like the older release or brighter like the mint colorway is? I keep seeing a whole range of colors due to lighting and filters.
>>
>>9600051
Platforms yes, but not wood-soled platforms with ballerina straps going up the leg. Those aren't trendy, just "weird", apparently.
>she's some basic bitch blogger who doesn't pay attention to runway or street fashion
To be honest you're not wrong there, but as far as I can tell, that describes most people who are "into fashion".
>>
>>9600080
Why not get a pair of platforms without the ballerina straps? Or chunky mary janes (not office ones). I think coming off as old school goth might be safer, because the west understands "goth" more than it does "unknown weeb fashion that looks vaguely like a victorian doll"
>>
>>9600029
They used tea parties (no scallops) in an ad for Twinkle Mermaid and that was 2006.
>>
>>9600085
She's not the anon who wants to wear RHS to uni
>>
>>9599633
If you're this worried about what normies are going to think about your shoes then don't bother. Either do it and get over a few stares, or just save yourself the needless worry over some damn shoes.
>>
>>9599301
>>9599415
What? It's just a ribbon??? It's not even a headdress, i don't get it.
>>
>>9600148
Are we looking at the same picture? A giant bow that sticks up like that is, if anything, weirder than a headdress that lays flat to the head. Very unusual for an adult woman to wear something like that.
>>
>>9600148
It's not "just a ribbon", it's a very large, very eye-catching bow. For regular wear it's fine but at weddings it's usually unacceptable to attract attention to yourself if you're not the one getting married. Do you really need this spelled out for you?
>>
>>9600148
Thirding that such a large bow is not something most people expect an adult woman to wear, so it attracts a lot of attention. Last time I wore one of those, people kept calling me Darla Dimple. I didn't even have curls.
I wouldn't wear a headbow like that to a wedding, personally.
>>
Does anyone else feel like Misako has less activity these days?
>>
>>9600073
I own the original in pink and I can definitely tell the difference between the first and second releases. The second release's color is true to the stock photo.
>>
>>9600294
She is getting older, Lolita isn't as popular in Japan as it used to be, she's been into it so long that it probably isn't so exciting anymore.
>>
>>9599976

It's traditionally paper replicas that get burned. But if I make a paper replica of a dress, will I get a replica in my afterlife as well? I don't want to be a foreverita ghost.
>>
>>9600322
I thought it was something like that. She doesn't seem as involved with Baby anymore and now they are looking for a ''next generation model''. Maybe she finally decided to become a normal person and have a boyfriend/family lol.
>>
not the girl who posted this but i saw it and i'm pissed
>>
>>9600336
Where is this from? Can you please give more context next time you post something?
>>
>>9600322
seconding this. i really wonder if after a certain age/certain number of years you just feel bored about lolita.
>>
>>9600336
What con? What panel? Who dis?

>>9600343
I feel bored and sometimes distance myself from the community or leave altogether, but no other fashion is as fun as lolita.
>>
>>9600339
Rufflechat
>>
>>9600336
What's with all the people saying Lolita is a normal name? Are there a lot of Americans named lolita? I thought it's a child's nickname for Dolores/Lola.
>>
>>9600325
Doesn't she already have a boyfriend though?
>>
>>9600356
I don't pry in her personal life, I just know she lives with her parents because she said so quite recently.
>>
Thanks for all the advice everyone, I didn't expect so many replies. Apologies in advance for blogposting.

>>9599767
>>9600065
I was gonna go with "keep doing it until everyone gets used to it" method but I just found out I have to spend the first week on a course which requires a specific type of clothes for safety reasons, so it's probably going to shock everyone when we go back to regular classes. Some of the people who care will matter since have a lot of group work and need good relations with the professors this year, which is why I'm anxious about alienating people. I don't care what random people think but I don't want to make my life unnecessarily difficult.

>>9599953
I've gotta agree with the other anons who say anything with bows is less-toned down. I did buy a pair of tea party-like shoes with detachable bows lately hoping I'd be able to use them, but when I tried them out they still look pretty sweet even without bows and look weird with most of what I wear.

>>9600080
>>9600085
>Platforms yes, but not wood-soled platforms with ballerina straps going up the leg. Those aren't trendy, just "weird", apparently.
I'd wrap that kind around the ankle for everyday. I also have a few other styles of RHS including some with shorter platforms (like the BtSSB ones), but they all have some sort of weird detail like a lot of straps or scallops or whatever. I'm really hesitant to wear chunky/platform Mary Janes for uni because I own some already and people round here really interpret them as fetishy or clubwear. But I am agreeing with >>9600051 and >>9600047 that non-wooden flatforms might be the way to go as they look more trendy/goth without being too out there or overly-formal (and a foam sole would be less attention-grabbing than clicky office shoes).
>>
>>9600353
I'm from Mexico and Lolita is still a common name here. I imagine it's the same for other Spanish-speaking countries and communities.
>>
>>9600353
Not Americans but in Spain and some other places it's not too uncommon. There is the French perfumier Lolita Lempicka, and IIRC there's an older American minor celebrity with that name who was born before the book, but they're not common knowledge.
>>
>>9600373
I live in France, that's why I thought it was a nickname for Lola/Dolores based on my minimal knowledge of Spanish.
>>
>>9600369
cont.

>>9600030
IME most people interpret the sort of toned-down stuff I'd wear to uni as regular goth or slightly vintage (both eyegrabbing but something you can get away with as long as you don't look impractically overdone). Like >>9600033 said, it's stuff like tripping in my platforms I'm worried about. I'm pretty clumsy and stumble quite often even in normal shoes. I've noticed that if I'm dressed normally and fall over passers-by ask if I'm OK, but if I'm wearing high heels (even if I'm not wearing anything alternative) a lot of people just give me the judgy "stupid young women crippling themselves with silly shoes" sort of look instead of helping.

I feel like lolita is fine for most days but very hard to cope with unexpected situations in. Like last year, there were more than a few days when the weather suddenly got really bad and I ended up completely soaked to the skin while walking home or between classes even wearing a coat (depending on the building, I live 15-25 minutes away from campus). Or just normal stuff like getting sick, needing to sit on the floor because you're waiting in the hallway for a long time, or being late and needing to either run uphill to class in front of hundreds of people. I'm always curious about how other daily lolitas handle it but I think the weather isn't as unpredictable in most places, or maybe they have a car or live on a bus route.

I'm thinking I'll ease into it with some other shoes that look more sensible even if they actually aren't (my low block-heel office shoes and block-heel ankle boots are actually less comfy than some RHS, which is why I asked) and see how people this year respond to lolita in general first. And if I do wear RHS I'll pick one simple pair and wear the same ones consistently rather than rotating through different RHS styles, as showing that I own *multiple* pairs of impractical wooden shoes no-one else has ever seen before probably does look weird.
>>
>>9600353
>Are there a lot of Americans named lolita?
>everyone everywhere on the internet is American
>>
>>9600384
Most people on Rufflechat are American.
>>
>>9600375
>>9600353
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita_(given_name)#Notable_people_named_Lolita

Not common and I think if someone tried to call their kid Lolita in the UK or US people would call child protection services, but in a lot of parts of the world it's not weird.
>>
File: DG2y3GXV0AAkADl.jpg (347KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DG2y3GXV0AAkADl.jpg
347KB, 900x1200px
Baby posted this on twitter
>>
>>9600461
So cute
>>
>>9600461
So cute!
>>
>>9600461
Is that embroidery on the bottom or printed? Sorry, am on shitty mobile
>>
>>9600382
maybe you simply shouldn't do it if you are concerned about so many things that make wearing lolita inconvinient daily.
>>
>>9600373
Random but the actress who plays one of the guards on OITNB is called lolita, shes got to be, in her 30s at the most?
>>
>>9600469
It looks like an embroidered ribbon to me
>>
>>9600490
The flowers?
>>
>>9599633
chunky/platform heels are in these days. if you already have a reputation as a "Weird" dresser, then chunky heels aren't even a big issue. Check out dolls kill, they sometimes have loliable shoes. I know Dita by Current Mood is pretty much identical to old moitie platforms, but it's currently only in size11.
>>
>>9600336
They should request they call it by its full name for the whole panel
>and in Elegant Gothic Lolita Aristocrat Vampire Romance it's very importantly to have the right petticoat, otherwise you won't get the right Elegant Gothic Lolita Aristocrat Vampire Romance silhouette
>>
>>9600294
Are you even following her at all? She still models and just did for VM. She doesn't only just do lolita as a model so that's fine, but she clearly still is here.
>>
>>9600502
I know she is, I didn't ask if she retired did I? I just noticed she wasn't at some lolita related events in Japan that she did attend previously, so I asked in case it was just me
>>
>>9600492
Yeah, If you look closely at the white border you can see the stitching
>>
>>9600387
Not a lot of people named Lolita but Dolores is a common name for hispanic people, and the nickname is Lola or Lolita. A lot of people named Lola as well.
>>
>>9600504
are other people like Risa or RinRin seen at these events instead?
Misako has more experience than being just a model. it's possible her time is being spent on smart business ventures so she can continue her legacy in fashion and soldify it independently of being associated with Baby or Meta.
it's wise to do more than model in shows and for shoots after you've made your name and paid your dues
>>
Anyone have suggestions for a black tulle overdress like this?
I know this one is ank rouge but I cant find it on any secondhand sites...
Any help regarding a similar one / ID this specific one would be appreciated!!
>>
>>9600375
Ay fellow french gull
>>
>>9600493
>Dita by Current Mood
ntayrt but holy shit, these look almost exactly like the Meta platforms I've been searching for all year. Not as good though.
>>
>>9600382
Daily lolita here, I wish I had someone to talk about this.
Rainy season is the toughest, I always miss out on lolita raincoats because I'm in the south hemisphere, so I don't remember to buy them. I use a huge umbrella and minimal poof and rubber boots - I have a cute short one and a normal black one. It's the best investment for a daily lolita imo

>normal stuff like getting sick
When I get sick it's mostly stomach problems (chronic) so I skip petticoats and wear thigh highs as opposed to my usual tights, to avoid pressure in the waist. The lolita police never showed up.

>needing to sit on the floor because you're waiting in the hallway for a long time
You can just sit, you know? Unless the floor's wet or stupidly dirty, you can just sit. That or carry around a little towel to sit on top of.

>being late and needing to either run uphill to class
I've done my fair share of running upstairs, but uphill? If you're late honestly it's better to put on common clothes and tennis shoes instead of everyone thinking you're late because you are dressed frivolously...
>>
What are everyone's go-to wigs/wig sellers now?
Haven't bought a wig in years and am looking for a medium length wavy blonde wig.
GLW is obviously out, and it seems like there's been a good bit of drama/trouble with Lockshop, too.
>>
>>9600653
Thanks for all your advice anon! I've always wanted to know this stuff.

>rain
Where I live you usually get wind and rain together, so using an umbrella is hard. I have a few lolita and loliable umbrellas but when the weather's really bad I don't dare open them because they'll just break (I really need a black folding umbrella actually, I mostly wear black but all my black ones are huge parasols). For normal rain I do use an umbrella and a lolita raincoat (doesn't match a lot of what I own though) but I'd never thought of getting rubber boots since ordinary boots protect almost as well.

>sick
Most often I get colds and flu, which make me look a mess and rub off all the make-up around my nose. I usually think it's not worth dressing up when I look and feel like shit.

>sitting
I was thinking of just keeping a plastic bag or something folded up in my handbag to sit on. You're right, the sort of sturdy dark-coloured dresses you'd wear daily aren't likely to get that damaged by sitting on the floor anyway.

>lateness
I mean when I'm late for unrelated reasons (like a class overrunning when my next is on the other side of campus) and just assume it's because I spent too long on hair and make-up, if I was late getting up I just wouldn't wear lolita. I think it won't be a problem if you give off an overall good impression and are rarely late, but I'm kind of a chronically late person in general so I'm really conscious about it, I was rushing and speedwalking to nearly everything last year. I'm going to try to turn up to everything 5-10 minutes earlier next year so I don't have as much of a problem.
>>
heads up, apparently there's a new Chrome extension called "Fix Embedded Photobucket Images" which restores images from Photobucket in your browser!
I haven't tested it yet but since /cgl/ was upset about old images being lost maybe this can help?
>>
>>9600692
Ooh, I'll check it out!
>>
>>9600620
A few brands have done overdresses, like Baroque, Dear Celine, and Dark Box. I think looking on taobao would be your best bet.
>>
>>9600688
Dreamholic, Brightlele, L-email/Lucaille
>>
>>9600700
>Dear Celine
I bought pic related in black to replace the ank rouge overdress and I was so disappointed...
I really like DC blouses so the shitty quality was so surprising haha, it was a stiff shiny organza and looked awful...

I will try Baroque and Dark Box, thanks anon!
>>
>>9600336
lmao
at this point we might as well petition dictionary.com to change the definition of lolita or something
>>
>>9600704
L-email wigs are pretty bad quality, in my experience.
Dreamholic also look pretty bad in most of the reviews I've seen and the one I've seen IRL. The stock photos are so overedited.
>>
>>9600690
Yeah, I'm guessing the weather there is really different from here. I need rubber boots because the water volume is so great it simply turns everything into a damn river, but there's not a lot of wind. Unless it's a thunderstorm, but those days I can't even leave the house and just study from home (I'm a graduate student).
Sudden summer rain tends to be really tough, but if I get stranded I call my boyfriend and he drives me home. If you live off campus sometimes it's better to cave in and spending 7 bucks on Uber than getting soaking wet...
>colds
Yeah, in that case it's not easy to wear lolita. When I got the cold last year I wore morigirl-ish stuff, it was a lot comfier. Depending on your wardrobe, you can still use something similar to jfash - I hate wearing pants when I'm not feeling well so I have no option but to make something up.
>lateness
Yeah, unfortunately if you wear lolita you have to work a bit harder so that people take you seriously.
But all my daily use shoes are super comfortable normie shoes - I tend to wear Dr. Marten boots and soft leather maryjanes with no heels (granny shops are gold for this). Maybe investing in those is a good option.

Shoes are srs bzn for me because I have a bit of a limp. If they're not comfy I can't walk properly.
>>
>>9600620
Elegy has a sheer overdress, but it's more of a sack. Maybe ask her to put in a waistband or have one custom made?
>>
>>9599762
This is cute AF, nice find!
>>
>>9600461
I might buy it, partially out of the fact that it's not a digital print on chiffon/polyester
>>
>>9600710
>>9600704
The Dreamholic wigs I own are all fine, but I've heard some are hit and miss.
>>
>>9600688
I buy from either Dreamholic or Cyperous. Only buy natural colours from Dreamholic, their unnatural colours tend to look really fake.
>>
>>9600704
Deeply appreciate the longer Brightlele wigs, need to restyle the bob one I got because it sits lopsided.
>>
Is lolita collective legit? i wanna order some stuff but it seems like their shady af Taobao resellers and I heard they take forever to ship??
>>
>>9600839
Not really, it's all cheaper on Taobao or ugly indie brand shit no one wants. They do sometimes take an unacceptably long time to ship, no excuse since it's US-based? You can do better elsewhere, anon.
>>
>>9599546
This is beautiful, thank you. Your words have really put it into a better perspective for me.
>>
>>9600839
I would only buy out their stuff in-person, like at a con or event. It's hard to tell how quality an item is from their photos.
>>
>>9600839
Seconding events only. A lot of it is tacky Taobao. I did get the bat cutsew there once but it was a little disappointing up close.
>>
File: P13OJ220-wine.jpg (137KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P13OJ220-wine.jpg
137KB, 480x640px
>>9600461

Aahhhh fuuucckkkk. I wasn't going to buy it, but I'm a sucker for small tiny little details like this.

Can't quite decide which colourway, though. Does wine look like a giant blur to everyone else? I really like the colourway but I think the print doesn't quite stand out the way it does on the others, on the other hand I don't quite like the other colourways either. Ahhhh decisions.
>>
>>9600917
love the wine actually but hate the under boob cut. my wallet is safe

>>9600839
girl who owns lolita collective is a mega disgusting pervert, don't
>>
>>9600620
Baby, VM and Physical Drop have all done black see-through overdresses, sometimes with dots tho.
>>
>>9600567
t. Someone who didn't read the thread
>>
>>9599007
yeah maybe 5 years ago

not defending bodyline, it's just, if you're gonna argue against them, at least argue something better like Yan's creepyness or mistreatment of models
>>
>>9600954
They came out with that MM replica last year.
>>
>>9599762
that's a cute find anon! Welcome to lolita
>>
>>9600839
some of their stuff is indie brand, just do some research.
>>
>>9600932
Deets on the owner?
>>
>>9600954
>use recent info if you're gonna criticize, like the model drama from 4 years ago!
>>
>>9600960
Which one was a MM replica?
>>
>>9601099
Hardcore Nazi fetishist since forever.

Also she just talks about weird sex shit all the time with people she barely knows and hits on people and it's uncomfortable AF. Idk she's really creepy. Are you the one I talked to at mechacon?
>>
File: 5339c1f14819d7bea05049f4206b4b6c.jpg (149KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5339c1f14819d7bea05049f4206b4b6c.jpg
149KB, 700x1200px
>>9600954
I don't think the Innocent World replica was 5 years ago.
>>
>>9601099
Different person. I had a small indie brand for fun, used to send them my stuff until she owed me money for over 4 months. She owes everyone money, it's embarassing frankly. The "business" is basically her stupid hobby. I don't know how it isn't bankrupt already. There's no way it's supporting her, so I don't know if she has some weird sugar daddy or just makes shit financial decisions, because I don't think her family is rich. The creepy sex thing is true though.
>>
>>9600705
I have the DC one in three colors and love it, but I got pic related for a black one. It's also made of organza but with a really soft finish and flowy, almost like organdy. not bad for taobao.

I wouldn't say the DC is bad quality at all. the hems and details are very nice. it's the stiff finish of the material that is bothering you. the reason they probably chose that type of organza is that it does not wrinkle like the organza my angels heart peignoir is made of.
>>
>>9601128
I find this really interesting since in the indie general, owners were fawning over her. does anyone else have stories? are those fake owners or are there people actually happy with the business?
>>
>>9601160
So she has a core group of a couple brands like Mossbadger and stuff who are her friends and will sing her praises no matter what. I think a lot of the small indies at that panel were losers with no job who hope Lolita collective will somehow make them real cash, but it's just not true. When the owner still lives at home do you really think any of you are going to make money? Anyone ever wonder why she can't get an actual Japanese brand, like VM or IW or whatever, if she supposedly has all these connections? She's totally broke, is why. I helped organize an event they were selling at, but I won't say more or you'll know who I am.

Someone close to her needs to point out to Emma (and all these bitches) that these lolita businesses inevitably fail. Too niche, not enough capital. Like go to to business school and get a real job already if you love brand so much. I'd almost feel bad for her but you'd have to be colossally stupid to make that many compounded bad decisions. Pretty sure a couple bigger Taobao brands cut her off for owing money, too. Lolita Collective probably won't make it another year and I don't think many of the other "kawaii" shops will either. If you're an indie brand considering sending her stuff, don't, in case she bails and disappears when wherever she's getting her money from runs dry.

As for the freaky Nazi/sex rumors, can confirm ;)
>>
>>9600387
I'm in the US and know two Lolitas? Not nearly as odd as you're making it out to be. It's about the same level of off as something like Edith or Sebastian; a little old timey and different, but most people know someone named or nicknamed it.
>>
>>9601099
she gets drunk at every single event and pervs on everyone, its sick. I barely even know her and she got all handsy at this event party. Keep ur gross fat creepy self to yourself, gurl. Isn't she married too??
>>
File: 08031210_598294181bfc2.jpg (211KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
08031210_598294181bfc2.jpg
211KB, 500x600px
>>9600620

Ah, I guess sheer overdresses are trending. Well that explains this weird sack lace release from AP
>>
>>9601226
so hideous
>>
File: 08031203_5982927d1f964.jpg (131KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
08031203_5982927d1f964.jpg
131KB, 500x600px
>>9601230

Friend and I were wondering wtf the thing even was.

The pink is already on special order, though (meaning the online shop is already out of stock and needs to call other shops if you want it). And the thing is like 19k+yen.
>>
>>9601226
>>9601233
If it weren't for the AP logo I would have been convinced this was some weird night dress produced by Meta.
>>
>>9601226
Wish they would make these sleeveless to make more dress cuts compatible with it. I like the idea to create a more "mature look" for sweet prints. The transparent layering is like adding a soft filter.
>>
>>9601177
Going to be totally honest here; the reason why "creeps" end up in high places is in a niche hobby like this, they usually have the skin thick enough to plow through all the BS generated by the community. The people we're "like" to see running stuff never make it that far because they are good people; they can't take the crap and fall by the wayside.
I know multiple people who set out with the best intentions and their projects for the community have failed because they could not take it and had to bow out. The "creeps" are stronger so they wade through it and float to the top.
If you guys want to see less creeps and more "nice people" then you need to lay off the drama. Point out shit when it happens, but generating petti grievances is what makes people walk out. Going back to the Lolita Collective; if all the rumors about her bussiness dealings are true, then the gossip is deserved. However, my issue with the kink shaming is that there are out there people who have a secret that they never let bleed into their Lolita hobby, but once everyone finds out, those people have been driven off. This bothers me because you're basically setting up a purity test that's too narrow; which is again why the creeps win out; they ignore attempts at shaming and just plow through it. Meanwhile, the not-creeps and more gentle souls leave; leaving us with a talent pool that becomes more and more toxic over time.
>>
>>9601246
I don't have a problem with her kinks. I have a problem that she shares them with the uninterested.
>>
>>9601248
And that's totally valid in this case if she is putting her kinks on other people. I just brought up the kink shaming thing because I've seen people in the past not say anything, never share their secrets and they get driven off.
>>
File: Greycolorway_ap.jpg (514KB, 935x600px) Image search: [Google]
Greycolorway_ap.jpg
514KB, 935x600px
What do you gulls think of Grey Sweet Lolita prints as a general design concept? Angelic Pretty has two on their site right now and grey has become a pretty popular neutral lately in mainstream fashion.

Also: Do you gulls like it when Lolita brand trends and mainstream trends line up? Does it make it easier for you to coord or does it not factor in?

Personally I find it really handy when mainstream fashion and Lolita are in sync; I can buy a lot of off-brand bits to match back.
>>
>>9601250
Yeah, I think it's bad judgment/sexual harassment/not having boundaries that makes people so leary of Emma. Like if upthread is true about her touching someone at a party then all bets are off.
>>
>>9601246
Dude she's not in "a high place". She's a fangirl who sucks dick to get what she wants and still can't make money off it
>>
>>9601246
>petti grievances
fantastic typo
>>
>>9601253
I personally love grey, so I'm happy to see it. It's a bitch to color match though...
>>
>>9601253
I dislike it greatly because they're usually either replacing sax or navy with this. It's also terrible to coord because their "grey" can be cool-toned, warm-toned, and lighter or darker than their previous greys. This picture shows it perfectly.
>>
File: ohboynotagain.png (426KB, 708x572px) Image search: [Google]
ohboynotagain.png
426KB, 708x572px
This is probably one of the most mediocre short doc I saw in a while and i had to share it
(cannot post the goddamn link because of the spam system)
>>
File: catprintskirt.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
catprintskirt.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
>>9601253
I love gray in lolita, but I prefer oldschool gray stuff which is generally darker. Heck I could do a whole thread dump with all the gray stuff I want.

I really liked Suya Suya Toys in grey but I never bought a release item. Why spend $300 on one dress when I can buy cheap old stuff second hand?
>>
>>9601405
I love Meta's greys. I recently bought a rather simple grey Meta jsk pretty much on a whim and it's become my go-to comfy but cute and easy to coordinate dress. I wear it like once a week.

I do agree with >>9601317 that it's annoying when the undertones are all over the place and hard to match. It's like that with every colour, but I feel like it's even more noticeable with grey.
>>
>>9601405

Please dump the grey stuff you want, I also love grey but it's hard to find. I just put an order for some white cotton taobao blouses and I intend to dye them, and I just painted some beige bodyline shoes too since I want grey to be the primary neutral in my wardrobe.
>>
I fucked up and picked the wrong shipping method on my Closet Child order. Is there any way I can fix this within my account or do I have to send an email to their costumer service?
I haven't paid yet; so I just wanna fix the shipping and then pay for my order before the confirmation email for my item rolls in.
>>
>>9601405
I would also appreciate a grey dump!
>>
>>9600917
I didn't like wine at first but I've decided to buy it if I can Find their overseas order info. Somehow I've never bought from their jp store just ny
>>
>>9601381
>living doll
>when will this maymay die
>>
File: 1355116121356.jpg (191KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1355116121356.jpg
191KB, 800x1200px
>>9601381
How many views has this had? Don't want to look it up and have it fuck up my YouTube recs.

>>9601112
Can't find it on their site now but it's l1310, pic related. I actually looked it up though and my bad, it actually came out in 2011, but I remember they restocked it in 2015/16 because my goth friend got excited and wanted to buy it.
>>
>>9601124
That wasn't a straight replica though, just heavily inspired, and IW aren't really struggling like MM or VM are.
>>
>>9601253
I like misty light grey and dark charcoal grey in lolita so I'm happy, but I haven't liked most of AP's grey releases. Interested to see what grey MTO Misty Sky ends up looking like IRL though.
>>
>>9601289
huehuehue pittsburgh dick
>>
>>9601427
You should email them, anon. They're generally pretty nice about it.
>>
>>9601535
It's not flattering on most people IMO, even if you don't fit MM I think if you're going to go for a replica or "heavily inspired" piece you should at least get a custom-sized one if you're going to wear an unshirred OP like that.
>>
>>9601460 #
Never apparently. I hate this living doll meme even more than "are you anime/cosplaying?"

>>9601479 #
it's on facebook anon, look up their page (you can see it in the pic) and you should find it
>>
>>9601539
Deleted my post because i realized it was definitely a MM replica a minute after i posted. Would not wear. I can fit MM too so no excuse. But I remember really wanting it back when I was like 15, good thing I didnt get it uh
>>
>>9601544
I mean, it's different in a lot of aspects but I think that's more because it's a really shitty attempt at a replica than because it's genuinely a changed design. There are only so many ways to design a lolita dress and all but it's obvious it's trying to be St Clair. There's no need to get all apologetic about wanting it when you were fifteen but MM have been doing pretty badly lately so if you fit MM now it's a good time to buy the real thing.
>>
>>9601551
Not to hijack the convo, but has VM or MM's sizing changed over the years? Like I know AP and Baby and from my observation MMM have gotten bigger, but have they too?

>inb4 fattychan
I can fit their skirts fine, it I have boobs Andy would like a dress or two. I also found they tend to leave more room in their outwear for layering which I like.
>>
>>9601560
I have an Antoinette from 2012 and 2015 and the 2015 one is a few cm larger.
>>
>>9601479
that's older than a year old. I remember seeing this on the site when I first got into lolita 5 years ago.
>>
>>9601563
Thanks! That may be enough. I could probably technically fit, but fitting and looking good are two different things.
>>
>>9601560
I'm the anon who was dumping a load of old VM in the oldschool thread, and when I was looking up release info I noticed that sometimes - but not always - newer releases are a few centimetres larger. However, they've always had stuff, even fifteen years ago, that went to 92cm bust, and even their recent releases don't seem to go over that. It felt almost like they had two standard sizes they pattern to (82-85-ish and 88-91-ish) and have never actually expanded their size range but have started making a larger proportion of their releases in the larger size they've always had.

I'd also say that VM seem to change the sizing on re-releases a lot less than brands like Baby do. BtSSB's re-releases are consistently larger and often longer/poofier than old ones, with VM it only happens some of the time - I had a hard time IDing some items on auctions because every design detail of releases years apart was often identical. A lot of the VM outerwear I saw on auctions is actually really small on the bust, since you mentioned that. I was surprised.

For the few MM pieces I looked up, re-releases were often larger in the bust but have the same waist and length, like 2003 Minerva was 84/66/94 and 2006 Minerva was 88/66/94.

I'm no authority or anything since I don't care at all for modern VM and MM and don't know much about their new releases, but these are the trends in measurements I noticed from the 60 or so lolibrary and auction listings I checked.
>>
>>9601568
Should add to clarify that most MM doesn't seem to change, like the five releases of Petit Fleurs (2011, 2011, 2012, 2015 to the sold-out one they've got up on their site right now) all have identical measurements.

Also FWIW whenever I cross-referenced auction/second-hand measurements to lolibrary stock measurements for VM and MM they were nearly always identical, they seem much more accurate with their stock measuring than some other brands (although maybe that's because unshirred pieces are easier to measure accurately and don't change over time).
>>
>>9601480
Really, they aren't? I disagree considering how their shops never in mall complexes and are off the way of foot traffic. They only sell in harajuku via Kera shop now because they can't afford the rent.
>>
>>9601426
>>9601434
Will prepare and post, probably tomorrow. I'm trying to find more coordinates rather than just lolibrary pictures.
>>
>>9598790
I wore St Vitus to my grandfather's funeral mass. It was held in the gorgeous old cathedral he'd attended mass at for nearly 70 years. He loved antiques, stained glass, and Catholic iconography. I think Papa would have approved of my dress choice.

I've worn old-school gothic lolita (and toned-down western goth) in all black to other funerals - I think as long as you look tasteful and not like you're going to a cabaret bar or something it's fine.
>>
File: poto.png (1MB, 1413x625px) Image search: [Google]
poto.png
1MB, 1413x625px
I really love Lief Gardenberries JSK and have been wanting to buy the ivory re-release version for quite some time now, but I just found a Lacemarket listing for the black version and went to take a look. The listing includes close up pics and the bodice has this ridiculously misplaced doily print bit on it? Like... why would they do that? It looks terrible. So I went ahead and looked up the ivory version and I noticed it has it too, I'd just never noticed because it's barely noticabl on that colorway. I'm so bummed, it looks so bad but I still love the skirt part. The 2010 version is so much cuter, and it doesn't have the bodice problem, but I'm really tall and I'm afraid it would not fiit me.
>>
My family has a standing request that I always wear Lolita to any event with them. If it isn't wanted then I am explicitly told. I am routinely asked for specific dresses.
>>
>>9601791
...okay?
>>
>>9600030
This. Wear whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>9599737
This dress causes me physical pain, because it *is* really well sewn and constructed. OTOH, the design, color choice, mismatched themes are just... bad.
>>
>>9600692
Wow, this works a CHARM. I'd recommend saving anything you need to rescue from photobucket before they patch this addon.
>>
File: 2017seidou-tsuikaE.jpg (433KB, 720x1018px) Image search: [Google]
2017seidou-tsuikaE.jpg
433KB, 720x1018px
So this is now available
>>
File: 150720090029-osaka2.png (525KB, 501x584px) Image search: [Google]
150720090029-osaka2.png
525KB, 501x584px
Cool sleeves
>>9601993
>>
File: 12072006-web2.jpg (415KB, 720x1018px) Image search: [Google]
12072006-web2.jpg
415KB, 720x1018px
>>9601994
>>
File: da4z50k.jpg (19KB, 282x350px) Image search: [Google]
da4z50k.jpg
19KB, 282x350px
>>9601993
>>9601994
>>9601996
I wanna like it because I'm a big fan of stained glass windows, but it's just too busy. If the border scenes on the black colourway were less bright and warmer, I'd be happier. If the some of the window pattern/crpsses on the blue colourway were all yellow/gold, I'd like it more. Lace is shit too.
>>
>>9601791
You're lucky. Mine hate lolita and judges me even when I wear it by myself and constantly to discourage me from wearing it and shames me a bit for buying new pieces
>>
>>9602008
I think mine is gossiping about me behind my back, but since I can be a petty bitch they'd never tell me in person. My mum doesn't care at all, she says I need to decide for myself what to wear.
My grandma loves it and won't stop calling me red riding hood because I wore a red beret once.
>>
>>9601718
Well, lolita brands aren't typically going to get much business off foot traffic anyway, especially if their aesthetic doesn't fit current Japanese trends. In terms of production and online sales volumes I suspect IW are currently the third-biggest Japanese brand after AP and Baby - Meta might just about be more popular based on Japanese sales/stores, but based off Western outfit shots and update hype IW beats Meta over here.
>>
>>9601160
I sent her some stuff for a con a few years ago, it was jewelry and she didn't put my stuff out until halfway through the con, it was tucked away some weird place.
After, she said she'd put it on her site, but I could list it on my shop and she'd drop ship it. Glad I didn't do that. After several months of not putting it on her site, I asked for it back. It took another month and some stuff came back broken and missing. A friend had some missing stuff too.
>>
>>9602008
That's lame anon. I am sorry! I hope you do not take their shitty comments too seriously although I know it can be difficult.
>>
>>9602040
they used to get all of their business from foot traffic
>>
>>9602040
Meta can afford the same mall complexes that Baby and AP can. They are always together on the same floor.
>>
>>9601791
Nice blogpost
>>
>>9599335
That's not an excuse considering their prices. A big brand should do better.
I just checked my HL dresses (I have two) and both of them has holes, one of them has messy finishing. This is so fucked up imo.
>>
>>9602067
So did all retailers, but it's 2017 you walnut
>>
>>9601540
newfriend, there is no need whatsoever to put those fucking hashtags. lurk more.

>>9600917
really interested in seeing more cuts/colourways. I like this print a ton so far
>>
>>9602156
It is an excuse. You can't expect clothing to be all 100% perfect. It's highly unlikely for there not to be a couple of faulty dresses. I don't have that ugly dress and the other anons acted like it was something unusual. Guess AP just sucks. Do you have pictures of it?
>>
>>9602272
those hashtags happen when you copy after you posted. when will cgl's move on from calling people new? there are not that many new people interested in this board.
>>
>>9602156
I blame HL, t b h. AP is fine, it just depends on the piece.

HL had so many releases it isn't even funny. The MTO was definitely Chinese made and was the start of all their newer factories as well. iirc, they had manufacturing errors with their socks there as well.
>>
>>9602281
>those hashtags happen when you copy after you posted.
What are you copying for? You highlight and click the post number to reply.
>>
>>9602046
Yeah she's a total flake. Stuff goes missing, gets broken, plus also her website is a total mess. But it's obviously not her real job. Does anyone know what she does for a living?

The stuff about her always oversexualizing every thing and all the crude disgusting jokes is what I find really to be bothering me. It's finally why I stopped buying from them. Like I don't know if she actually touched that girl but I wouldn't put it allpast her. She cant keep it in her pants and it's ruining her bussiness
>>
File: 090826_runway1.jpg (91KB, 688x446px) Image search: [Google]
090826_runway1.jpg
91KB, 688x446px
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, I remember it being discussed a while back and it sparked my curiosity again. If your skin tone is warm, should you try to match warm colors? I remember differing answers when someone last asked and am curious on the consensus now.

Like pic related, the cool white of the dress looks kind of odd with her very warm skin tone to me.
>>
>>9602361
not exactly related but I have a dark olive skin and i find that sax and AP pink are absolutely off limits to me. they're super cute but look horrendous on my skin tone.
>>
>>9601996
Aw man, I was looking forward to a new halloween print from Meta but this... is not good. Hopefully they release a skirt version without the border.
>>
What jobs are the most lolita or at least lolita related? Lolita is the only thing i'm good at (except i can't craft/sew because i have two left hands)
>>
>>9602406
Can you design? Do you have a good eye for fashion? Fashion designer or stylist are good options, assuming you have the skills for them. Otherwise I guess being an author is pretty lolita-esque, minus the unfortunate fact you most likely won't be able to make a living off of it.
>>
>>9602406
Buyer for a vintage shop? Florist (although I hear that's messy IRL)? Visual kei band member (also something you can't practically do or make a living off). Or you could work in a library or museum, but those are both really difficult things to get into. Or some sort of cute little gift shop / tourist shop.
>>
>>9601790
The ivory version is pretty green on the latest release anon, just a heads up
>>
File: 12111.png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
12111.png
3KB, 225x225px
Does anyone know some Japanese lolitas to follow on instagram? I know I can find them through tags but somehow the ones I find always post 90% other shit and I'm tired of that.
>>
>>9602431
Wouldn't recommend the library route desu, unless you like making the same amount of money as fast food workers and working retail schedules (nights, double shifts, 6-7 work days in a row, etc). There are some that are more tolerable but it killed my passion and I'll never work in a library again. It also wasn't a good place to wear lolita due to all the bending down to shelve books.
>>
>>9602406
Lolita shouldn't necessarily dictate what you do for a job. Do a job you like and can do. It's not the be all and end all of you you are.
>>
>>9602478
>Do a job you like and can do
>Lolita is the only thing i'm good at
>>
>>9602008
It is nice and lucky, I suppose. Though it never seemed an issue. Whenever I see other anons saying that Lolita should never be worn to this and that I cannot help thinking that it isn't a sure bet. It is all about context and that is more so the people than the event itself.

I'm sorry about your family's lack of support. Do you feel you have to go behind their backs? I hope you have at least a couple friends who are supportive. While you should always do things for yourself, it is hard to say that the support of others doesn't help make it more enjoyable. This may sound off, but is it a cultural thing for your family?

>>9602010
Personally I love your attitude and I hope you keep it up. Sometimes you got no choice but to be petty in the face of pettiness.

>>9602123
Thank you. : )
>>
>in and out of lolita a couple of times
>really enjoy the fashion, own some dresses, blouses etc
>change interests/fashion taste etc pretty often (might be ips, currently talking to a psychiatrist about that)
>suddenly get super into lolita again
>want to buy all the dresses
>decide to wait a few weeks to see if the interest will say
>stumble upon dress on taobao
>only a few left in stock

I'm so fucking torn, I don't know what to do
I feel like I might buy the dress and then never wear it, but if I don't buy it I feel like I'm gonna hate myself for it later

I know it's super retarded to ask a bunch of strangers for help but I honestly don't know what to do..
What would you guys have done in a similar situation? Or just when you're unsure wether to buy a dress or not?
>>
>>9602473
Where are you living ? I'm working in a library atm and it's pretty chill and well paid.
>>
>>9602505
Show us the dress so we can point out the ugly
>>
>>9602515
>tfw low key paranoid that other anons will buy the last ones if I post it
I know it's ridiculous, but I'm a paranoid bitch
Oh well, I wanted to know anyways if it's actually tacky or ugly
>>
File: IMG_20170818_223844.png (154KB, 720x923px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_223844.png
154KB, 720x923px
Man this sucks...
>>
>>9602525
Do it anon!! It's totally decent and as you said you might regret it later so hey! Go for it
>>
>>9602540
Thanks anon! <3
>>
>>9602537
It would make much more sense to change to a different medium. Youtube actually does not have a monopoly on uploading videos and interacting with your followers. Why throw more money at her so she can keep using the same shitty place?
>>
>>9602525
I think that's pretty cute and shouldn't be hard to sell if you change your mind, go for it!
>>
>>9602525
I kinda specialize in religious themed jewelry, so if you want cheap cherub/cross accessories to match, I'd be happy to help.
>>
>>9602561
Good to know, I was kinda worried about that factor too
>>9602562
Thanks! Not sure if I'll get jewelry right away (my wallet isn't that big, unfortunately), but I'd love to see your stuff anyways!

Also, I'm kinda stuck on headwear. Would a veil be to much?
>>
>>9602406
>Lolita is the only thing i'm good at
>>9602479
that can't be true. go to school for a trade. sounds like you have no mentors and you're wasting untapped potential. find yourself, everyone starts somewhere.

have you had any jobs at all yet? are you over the age of 18??
>>
>>9602537
unrelated but her new video is super cringy
>>
>>9600644
I have these platforms and love them, theyre surprisingly comfortable
>>
Any lolitas carry around personal safety alarms?
>>
>>9602361

The girl in red in this picture is also wearing the wrong "season". Her face and hands look greenish-grey next to everything.

It's not so much warm-skin-warm-colors, but also mutedness, lightness, etc. There are warm purples and blues, too.

I'm super muted and neutral-leaning-cool and almost all "whites" look bad on me. White, off-white, ivory, etc. Warm or cool doesn't help me. I have to frame it in a deeper color or my face looks flat. I wear grey, taupe and desaturated mid-value pinks, blues, and greens. I'm keeping a level 9-10 blonde right now but I have to tone the shit out of it to make sure it doesn't even think of going brassy, and even then it's obvious that a color this light and this yellow is a poor fit for me even though it's fun.

I'm very interested in color analysis. Since I found mine, I feel better about the things I put on my body and how I look in them, and I'm better at buying things that match each other, which makes my whole wardrobe work better. I wish I could talk about "color season" without sounding like your 50 year old aunt, though.
>>
>>9602636
I'm really interested in color seasons but could never really find mine. Do you recommend any reliable sites I can check?
>>
>>9602636
I'm so new at this but thanks for explaining so much! Do you have recs on where to find your color analysis?
>>
>>9602636
I'm a soft summer/soft autumn, too. I agree that it has helped me understand what works for me and made me feel better about colors.
I don't live by it, though. I still love black and my bright pastel vomit dresses.

>>9602640
Best way to do it is go to a professional or get the paper color cards and test out things yourself. I struggled with figuring out my own via websites for a while, then went with a friend to a local person as a fun bff day.
Being in between seasons with weird natural coloring (reddish dark blonde hair, black eyebrows) partially explains why it was always so hard for me to figure mine out.
>>
File: blouse.jpg (265KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
blouse.jpg
265KB, 1600x1200px
This will probably be a retarded question but tomorrow I'm going to a festival in very casual Lolita and I have this pink blouse from bodyline. I love it and it fits me really well but since I'm going to be wearing just the blouse I was wondering if there's a way to hide the bra I'll be wearing underneath it. I have a skin tone strapless bra that I was going to wear, do you gulls think that will look okay or should I try something else?
>>
>>9602662
Wear a camisole under the blouse
>>
>>9602640

I've only done it for myself and a friend with a significantly different complexion but we both had success with this:

1) First go into your closet and give a good long think to the pieces of clothing and makeup that truly actually look the best on you. Looking through pictures of yourself can help with this too. Are you drawn towards or away from any colors already? For me, an affinity for muted chartreuse and an absence of orange and yellow altogether were hints.

2) Take this quiz: http://www.truth-is-beauty.com/color-analysis-quiz.html. Take it a couple times if you're not sure, and keep track of the suggestions. This is the best guide I've found that doesn't just go "east asians are winters, blacks are autumns, whites can be anything, they're so diverse"

3) Paste a cutout of your face, with no makeup and in natural light, over the recommended palettes that you rip from google images, or use my favorites here: https://mega.nz/#F!8XJV0RxB!PPrUEhVkTzQVVxEaB0-IBQ . One of the palettes will just look natural when it surrounds you. You can check it against all 12 to be sure.

Some things to look for on each palette:
> do you look too flushed, washed out, or "normal"?
> do you look like you have depth or are you a flat cutout?
> are your eyes enhanced or detracted from?
> do you have a greyish pallor, are you the most saturated thing in the frame, or do you fit in?
> does your natural hair color clash badly with anything?

I took the plunge after and paid for a swatch fan, and I'm confident in my selection. It was expensive, but I always take it shopping now and I'm happy with it. I don't 100% abide by it either, but when I wear something that matches me poorly it's a conscious decision (like "i want to look gothic" or "but I want to be blonde") instead of an unfortunate accident.
>>
>>9602632
If by personal safety alarm you mean personal safety gun then yeah.
>>
>>9602674
>> do you look too flushed
always, 100% of the time. Thanks though.
>>
>>9602632
How is this relevant to lolita? Asking because I've seen this question come up several times this year. Hey do any of you lolitas like golf? Nobody ever asks that.
>>
>>9602674
>tfw you don't have anybody to take the quiz for you
>>
>>9602537
I don't even really like lor but damn. Why are people so stupid. It's really not that hard to figure shit out nowadays on the internet. So it's pretty pathetic youtube is apparently incredibly ignorant as to researching what they are actually putting restrictions on. You'd think in 2017 stuff like this wouldn't happen anymore.

(I wish we could change the name of the fashion already.)
>>
>>9602272
>>9602281
>hashtags
They're fucking pound signs.
>>
>>9602636
>>9602640
>>9602642
I've always had a hard time with the "seasons" stuff-- never really made sense. I did this color theory thing and it's really helped in my normie wardrobe. https://www.seamwork.com/issues/2015/05/design-a-personal-color-palette
>>
>>9602604
I wonder if she even tried to filter the applications she got. There really is some handmade ita between the photos shown in the video. I also spotted someone claiming a dress to be handmade that was from a brand, lol.

I do wonder if devilinspired is even earning money though, with how much people they sponsor...
>>
>>9602941
I've never even heard that word before lol
>>
>>9602473
Lmao. You know there are many different kinds of libraries, right? And being a librarian is much different than being a crony there. Sure, there are public libraries, but academic, special (like medical, law, science), and archives exist. You can also get jobs in museums. Not all library jobs pay the same, and many entry levels can start at 50k, which is reasonable depending on where you live. From there, it only goes up. If you ever went for a library director position, you're making six figures.

t. librarian
>>
>>9603163
Same anon, but also, many MLIS degress require you to take some classes on coding, so there are also IT positions that will take you. Seriously, do your research and don't assume we are all making the same as fast food workers.
>>
>>9603016
Are you under twenty? That might be why.

Also, usually they're called pound signs in relation to phone calls hashtags in relation to social media.
>>
>>9602662
Even a skin tone bra would look obvious.
You need to wear a shirt or tanktop underneath
>>
>>9602511
How did you come to work at a library? What's your job there? I've been thinking about perhaps one day getting a masters in library science to become a librarian, but if I don't have to to work in a library o might not want to after all.
>>
File: No_rly_specialset2009.jpg (270KB, 976x532px) Image search: [Google]
No_rly_specialset2009.jpg
270KB, 976x532px
I can't sigh hard enough.
>>
>>9604999
Oh wait, that's real! I assumed wrongly. Jeeze, I just didn't expect that solid border for AP.
>>
>>9598775

anyone have the bigger picture or the name?
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.