[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gencon 50

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

So I know this isn't really a /cgl/ con, but /tg/ hates gencon for some reason and /cgl/ is still the cons thread. Any seagulls going to gencon this year?
>>
yup! No cosplay, but love the con!

..why does /tg/ hate GenCon?
>>
Too expensive, I went once on family day or whatever the cheap one was but it was fairly dead and lame
>>
>>9595987
This is my first year not going in 5 years. The cosplay scene isn't crazy awesome but you will never see a whole city open up to a con the way Indy does for gencon.

Someone eat some goblin ears at scottys for me please
>>
>>9596500
The only time I've seen /tg/ mention Gencon is when they are talking about Critical Role, a Twitch show where voice actors are playing D&D.

CR is doing a live episode at Gencon and it could be the conclusion of their campaign that has been going on for several years that's going to finish in a massive fight against Vecna. /tg/'s opinion about the show varies but regardless of who loves or hates the show it seems like they all do not like the CR fanbase. /tg/ also strongly dislikes one particular player in the group because she is not very competent with her character and she could be the deciding factor on whether the party wins or loses the final fight.

There is also the fact that the live show is going to be filled with fans screeching at the group on what they should do every turn. Apparently the last one was pretty horrific to watch and it's going to be much larger this year.
>>
Just moved to IN from the Chicago area so I'm attending to see what the hype about. It's not really my type of con but I know people who are going so might as well.
>>
I'm going! I've never been before but I'm excited. Do people cosplay? Seems like a weird con to dress up for.
>>
>>9599289
Some do, last year I saw a bunch of space marines as one I remembered. It's not a major cosplay con, but there's definitely some. Booths used to have cosplayers or booth babes all the time.
>>
Going for my fifth year in a row, definitely cosplaying but can't decide what.

It's definitely more of a tradeshow feel then comic con, but there's still nerds in great amounts, thus cosplay aplenty.
>>
File: PARTY_HARD.png (40KB, 630x261px) Image search: [Google]
PARTY_HARD.png
40KB, 630x261px
>>9595987
>>9596500
>>9596587
Regular fa/tg/uy here. I do not hate Gen Con but given this will be my first time attending who knows how it will turn-out? Don't care for Critical Role myself but big deal I'll just do other stuff like every Savage Worlds session I can get into..
>>
File: 1503251866270.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1503251866270.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>9596587
Man, I just do not "get" Critical Role. I like the voice actors alright, but I don't love anyone enough to sit through 3 hour episodes of bullshit.
>>
>>9596514
> fairly dead
Uhhhhh I don't believe you somehow.
>>
File: DSCN5134.jpg (883KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5134.jpg
883KB, 1600x1200px
>>9606623
You shouldn't believe him. This was just what was in the Colt's Stadium.
>>
File: DSCN5047.jpg (860KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5047.jpg
860KB, 1600x1200px
>>9606623
>>9607111
The White Wolf booth was lacking in people though...
>>
>>9606623
>>9596514

Paizo had almost the entire second floor of the convention center.
>>
File: DSCN5252.jpg (909KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5252.jpg
909KB, 1600x1200px
>>9599289
>>9599393
There was quite a bit of cosplay.
>>
Did any of you get pictures of the couple in scale mail?
>>
>>9607728
Are you talking about Batman and Wonder Woman? If so unfortunately not as that was a day I forgot my camera.
>>
>>9607795
Yep, that's exactly who I'm talking about. I'm in the same boat as you, so I'm hoping someone who attended didn't forget theirs.
>>
>>9607809
A friend I was with may have gotten a picture of the scale mailed DC duo. I will see him this Friday and might get my hands on the photos. If I do they will be posted here since you saw how awesome they were.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.