[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Matsuricon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: logo-new.png (100KB, 500x120px) Image search: [Google]
logo-new.png
100KB, 500x120px
Opinions on Matsuricon?
>>
Shit, I have a parking question.

Last time I tried to drive into Columbus (for nationawide arena), I winged it for finding parking. Terrible-fucking-idea.

For this con, where is the best place to park?
>>
>>9594144
There are pre passes for sale on the convention center website. I got one of those.

Never been to the event proper, just to meet with friends for lunch. But I bought a badge this year, so lets see how it goes.
>>
This is my first year not being in the artist alley. Last year the pros must've discovered it because there were tons of artists and there was very good stuff. Dealers room is bad. I haven't experienced it otherwise but, I have read on cgl that its generally a pretty good convention. Hopefully they're not just subconsciously comparing to Ohayocon though.
>>
5 year veteran of this con, its pretty good. The one main complaint is every year they try to change how they do autographs, with very polarizing results. Columbus convention is huge and its downtown so lots to do if you want to wander from the convention
>>
I've been going to Matsuricon for the past couple of years. The dealers room stinks, autographs have been a mess the past two years, and usually the panel content is pretty good. It looks shitty this year, though. Why are there multiple "learn to play" panels this year? Hardly any anime content, looks like mostly gaming and tournaments.
>>
>>9594360
Yeah the dealer room has been pretty stale the last few years. The guest line-up is repetitive if you've gone multiple years too. Guess they couldn't spurge this year, no big listers
>>
Matsuricon has been coasting the past few years. Honestly if I didn't live in Columbus I'd probably skip out this year.
>>
>>9594144
Sping street across from thr nationwide building. You have to walk a block but it always has parking
>>
>>9594400
>coasting the past few years.
You mean like since 2012?
>>
>>9594144
A little down the street from the con center there's a place called Abbott Nutrition. Nearby is a parking lot and iirc it's called Park n Ride. The attendant is almost never there, and I've parked there during many cons before. You might still get towed but I doubt it.
>>
Somebody please report back about the "Do It Yourself Colorectal Exams for Dummies" panel on sunday
>>
I think Matsuricon is okay. I go every year because I live in Columbus, but it's nothing special.
It's less than one week away though. Any gulls planning on going? I feel like I haven't seen anyone talking about it this year.
>>
Will be my second time at matsuricon. Artist alley is solid and dealer room is very average. Website shows they moved autographs on the layout, will be a better space. Last year some hotel construction kind of cramped a few spots but thats all done with. I like it cause its relatively cheap and chill. There's a decent amount of things to do and easy to find time to go out outside of convention. A lot of nice places within blocks
>>
>>9604395
Me, not getting a badge though, just gonna walk around in the yukata my host senpai gave me and jfash. Maybe be Aya from Touhou but I don't know yet. If enough gulls are going let's meet.
>>
Been going for 7 years. It's nothing special, but that's its charm. Super laid back and relaxed, good place to meet up with local friends. Travelling out of state for this con seems pointless though.
>>
File: This is meitu.jpg (58KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
This is meitu.jpg
58KB, 960x960px
This will be my 3rd or 4th matsuri. Honestly my favorite ohio con at this point. It always has the best panels and raves (dont do raves anymore though). I actually liked the way autographs were done last time....for some reason. I know most hated it.

Going as Boom version Knuckles and that's it really.
>>
File: 1502454244402.gif (3MB, 1005x742px) Image search: [Google]
1502454244402.gif
3MB, 1005x742px
It's an alright con, I live in CLE so it's a good closer for my summer. Definitely a con were it can be a party if you want to, but also get your weeb in(rather than Colassalcon, where I feel they force booze down your throat, but that's kinda it's MO now)

I'll be going to most of the mecha panels, and definitely the MCU one that Friday night. Afterwards, I'll have nothing much planned other to get turnt, if any one wants to hang, I'll be the team skull member in a hoodie.
>>
>>9607371
>team skull member in a hoodie
Wow that really narrows it down
>>
File: il_570xN.1137530724_fbat.jpg (48KB, 570x854px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1137530724_fbat.jpg
48KB, 570x854px
>>9607377
Yeah, that was a bit ambiguous (brain cells haven't woken up yet)

It'll look something like this.
>>
Anyone remember the "anime girl fight" and "robot fight" from 3 Marsuris ago? I wish that guy did more panels those 2 were so fun :(
>>
>>9607371
>>9607380

Ay...you that Skull boi I talked to about Bad Dragon?
>>
>>9608319
I don't recall, where you at Colassalcon?
>>
>>9608771
>I don't recall, where you at Colassalcon?

Nah this would've been a while ago in a hotel room at Ohayo
>>
File: IMG_3366.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3366.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
I've gone for the past 3 years. Pretty good panels and no it's not collosalcon but it ain't bad. Me and the lady will be there as Itami and Tuka from GATE jgsdf.
>>
Registration is aids.
>>
>Matsuricon isn't even interesting enough to shitpost about

Kinda unfortunate...
>>
>>9609840
It takes a village.
>>
Man, I see what you guys mean by dealers being stale
>>
Any of you guys want to meet up tomorrow?
>>
>>9609547
You looked and sounded cringy
>>
>>9610963
>Any of you guys want to meet up tomorrow?
Say hi if you see an Astolfo
>>
Good god, why do they have to mix the charity raffles with the auction? I just need to be here for one raffle, and shit's already cut an hour into my con time
>>
So did that pedo Loki get arrested
>>
File: 20170826_101753.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170826_101753.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>9611550
I heard some things about this. What's the deal with this dude? Just another creeper?

Also, I had a nice chill time at the con. Pic related.
>>
Drunk guy being pulled out of the women's restroom and left on a seat to puke everywhere. But it was Saturday con night, so pretty usual stuff
>>
>>9610990
Were you the creepy ass rotc pog
>>
>>9593811

Garbage convention. Run by pro nazis.
>>
File: 1502432301952.jpg (208KB, 708x799px) Image search: [Google]
1502432301952.jpg
208KB, 708x799px
>>9618796
OP here, give proof or you'll be shamed as Idiot Of The Thread.
>>
>>9618796
Come on anon tell me more
>>
>>9593811
just bumping a really important thread, move on anon
>>
>>9618796
Does pro-nazi just mean anti-antifags
>>
>>9626124

So important that no one posted?
>>
>strip show was boring
>tea time with dead pool was literally shouting memes and dick jokes
The only good thing I've gone was the forgotten Disney movie panel
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.