[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 20

File: 1906062f4ad08db7f92d51e64e8b0522.jpg (417KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1906062f4ad08db7f92d51e64e8b0522.jpg
417KB, 1200x1600px
Don't derail it this time part 2.

I love steam lolita
>>
File: l082-1.jpg (201KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
l082-1.jpg
201KB, 700x700px
>>9593465
Ok, you do you. I think it's mostly uggo, but I will accept once people learn to pull it off well (and that's gonna be a challenge), because I'm not a boring asshole and new ideas are welcome imo as long as they're executed well.

>Lolita looks better with natural haircolors, especially if the hair is styled well. Only a few "unnatural" colors are good if they're toned down a bit, but the ultimate best is natural tones.

>I don't get wigs. They're tacky and make this fashion look like a costume in 9,9/10 cases.

>I hate overly simplified dresses that are emphasized on print instead of structure and frill. I loved some of the slightly newer AP and BtssB releases people called burando lace monsters, that kind of designs look fun to me.

>I love Elizabeth OP and I think it beats a lot of newer releases AND currents of this fashion in cuteness. (don't know if this is unpopular though ???)

>Some thigh high boots are ok in lolita if you know how to pick and use them.

>Erololita is underappreciated and very badly treated. I hate to see when people try to do it and all they do is either shorten everything or wear lingerie or ugly corsets that are too long for skirts instead. Gurl no. More tasteful erololita is closer to gothic but spiced up with things like sheer fabric in the sleeves, gloves, thigh high boots and more mature make up. People get it so wrong and I'm pissed.

>People seem to diss the bodyline Old School set L082 but I like it. It's a good set, it's cute and the quality isn't really bad enough to warrant so much hate. The headdress though is unbearable, I'd rather have a rectangle hairdress with it. Other than that there's nothing wrong with that set and I don't get the whole dislike against old school.

I hope I made sense.
>>
>>9593519
>Lolita looks better with natural haircolors
How is this unpopular though? Most people on here think that
I don't think that it necessarily has to look better, but it's much easier to match with a coord, and lots of people who wear unnatural colored wigs are itas who thinks it's okay because it's "kawaii uguu"
>>
I like it when people incorporate offbrand/non-lolita items to their coords.

>>9593519
Are you sure you are a lolita? You seem to think it pretty much all wrong on what is popular and what is unpopular.
>>
I like black shoes in sweet. Non print stuff though
>>
>>9593519
>Erololita is underappreciated and very badly treated

Agreed. I love well-done ero lolita but it seems like it doesn't exist anymore due to some weird stigma that surrounds it.
>>
File: stockinglove.gif (253KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
stockinglove.gif
253KB, 500x252px
>I kinda like punk lolita but it's rarely well done

>also whitexblack but same thing

>I like rectangle headdresses (not too big though)

>I think design/cut>>>print.

>In fact, i dislike most prints especially if they're big/all over it

>I think the hate on sweet is just a big meme or some idiots jumped on the hatewagon just to show they're so kool and speshul, what happened to sticking together? We all like the same thing

>i'm not into it anymore but i still have a soft spot for some OTT era AP dresses and would probably still wear them but just twice or so

>I get ridiculously sad/frustrated whenever i notice images (from LJ,blogs,...) that are gone/impossible to see

>as much as i am nostalgic i would never ever want to go back to the golden age of lolita, nowadays you can find brand for so cheap,have many options to buy lolita,...

>i don't really care if lolita is "dying", it's sad but it means more stuff for me if some girls leave because of it

>i haven't truly loved anything the brand released since years now

>i secretly love watching animu/reading mango featuring "lolitas" even if they're technically "ita". Stocking is forever my rorita aidoru
>>
>>9593624
>>9593519
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: image2 (12).jpg (124KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
image2 (12).jpg
124KB, 360x480px
>>9593465
I also love steam lolita, it is easy for it to look bad though.
H. naoto is my favourite brand, and I love h.naoto frill. I get the hate for it, but I fuckin adore it.
>>
>>9593630
Nobody, just sharing my opinions.
>>
I don't get why people are salty over some people legit preferring what taobao has to offer instead of burando in some instances. There's nothing wrong with buying and wearing taobao if brands can't meet your taste with their releases. Also buying taobao =/= fatty. A lot of their clothing comes in same sizes as brands, just because they have an oversize listed as option doesn't mean every taobao customer ever uses it.
>>
>>9593654
somebody sounds insecure
>>
>>9593654
I thought them being ugly in person was popular opinion. the one in (I think) sweet cream has such a sweet face, is probably the most backstabby one there.
one in the middle looks white.
>>
>>9593804
ntayrp but a lot of people swoon over anyone who's asian.
>>
>>9593807
you say that but i've never seen it happen to anyone who wasn't actually cute. a lot of gulls have a huge hateboner for asian chicks just because they have an inferiority complex and believe that what you said is true.
>>
>>9593630
Greentext isn't just for quotes, newfriend.
>>
>>9593793
this. I love taobao releases, and they're more affordable and still good quality. there are *a few* taobao brands that actually make fatty-stuff, most of them only offer usually a waist of at *max* 74-80 cm. 70% of the don't even get to 80 cm.
for example, nameless poem is really nice quality, it's fully lined and the fabric is good. It fits well, and the embroidery is good.
>>
>>9593519
I actually love that bodyline set.
>>
>>9593809
I've seen girls in my comm practically cream their panties over a guy who looks like a gangrenous foot purely because he's Chinese and wears Black Butler cosplays/"ouji" to our meetups. The yellow fever is real here. I do think >>9593654 has issues, though. IMO Asian people are no more or less attractive than any other group, and the girls in that pic look super average to me. Like definitely not ugly, but also not so unrealistically beautiful they'd have to be shopped. Just normal people.
>>
>>9593820
then that's their fault for fetishizing asians; not the asian's fault for being asian.
>>
>>9593820
From what I've seen, it's a lot of girls creaming their panties over any guy in the circles in general, regardless of race. For a lot of girls it's just about any "ouji" type of fashion for guys, and they're all over the guy. Maybe because it's rare for guys to care enough or even try to participate? I don't know.
Although I can imagine that for some weeb lolitas it's about yellow fever. But then again it really isn't within the asian people's control.
>>
>>9593654
i don't share the extremity of your viewpoints, but i can agree to an extent based on what i've seen. there was a couple average looking chinese girls in my comm who always brought up the fact that they were asian. commenting how they were glad their metabolism was so good and perfect to stay skinny for lolita without trying. saying how easy it was to pretend not to know english when people asked about lolita. saying lolita is the one time they're glad they look young because it pulls off sweet well. i always felt like they were looking down on us, but it wasn't that big a deal.
>>
>>9593824
Well, no. Obviously. Like I said, that anon has issues.

>>9593839
Him being Asian apparently makes a huge difference. There've been plenty of guys at our meets before, either as boyfriends or photographers or single guys who are into Jfashion themselves, and these same girls would call them all creepy. Then this guy joins who looks like he spent a vital part of his development with his face stuck in a greasy drawer and they won't shut up about how hot he is. It's... interesting. You're right that the dude can't help it and I'm not blaming him although I hope he won't let it go to his head.
>>
>>9593624
Stocking is less ita
>>
>>9593654
Here we go again
>>
>>9593654
>>9593809
Average looking Asian girl here. Actually, some of what op said has some truth. A while ago I moved and joined a new comm, and instantly clicked with another Asian girl there. We started hanging out, and she'd always talk about how dumb some of the other raced girls looked trying to wear lolita. I called her out on it a bit, and she argued back that she's always been looked down on and teased for being Asian, and now that we finally found something we look a hundred times better in, we should embrace it since non-Asians will never measure up. I don't know if her views are normal or not, but it really threw me since she was so nice to everyone to their face
>>
>>9593862
I can't decide if these threads are worth it for the containment, or if it's just encouraging people. It would be nice to have a real thread without "muh racism is so rare and unpopular on 4chan look at meeeeee"
>>
>>9593864
The friend you described doesn't sound normal lol. She's probably gone through some real bad shit to be THAT bitter towards white girls over this, or it's possible she just has a tendency to get bitter really easily (read as: personality disorder / other complex self-esteem issues).
Your friend needs to let go because that shit sounds like a grudge that hurts her still which is why she thinks and says that. She's talking shit about the wrong people's all I'm saying, attacking people who probably think of her as a nice acquaintance or even a friend behind their back. I'm guessing she was bullied by basic whites in school and now she's projecting it onto rando whites in lolita comms later on? Am I right or..? That's what it sounds like imo.
Not to mention she's wrong about what she said, because looking better in lolita isn't even about race, any races of uggo and/or ita is possible. And your friend sounds like she has a lot of uggo within her heart.
I'm not trying to sound pitying or condescending but damn, never heard that kind of stuff before, that's ill.

//sorry for the derail.
>>
>>9593519
I agree. I own a lot of prints because I still like them, but my solid pieces have an instant longevity in terms of durability and versatility. However, I think print pieces being simple helps to balance its busyness while a solid having constructed details does the same. One of the trickiest things for newbies to grasp in Lolita is that it is often about how well balanced the coord is in all areas.

Also, BTSSB Cinderella OP in pink is one of my grail dresses. I hope to find it some day, but only if it is in good condition for its age.
>>
>>9593864
just because one person is a dick doesn't justify the kind of racism that >>9593654 is encouraging.
>>
File: gothiclolita80660597.jpg (190KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gothiclolita80660597.jpg
190KB, 700x1000px
>>9593465
Ita threads are unnecessary and only prove the point of how catty lolitas are ready to be to feel superior. Don't get me wrong, I know when I see an ita and I cringe internally, but to post girls on here and openly mock them while hiding behind anonymity? Really? Really. And it has been a long enough tradition too, will people ever get tired of it? It provides nothing new to the table, not even as amusement. I might come off as a party pooper but to hell with it. I don't like this stuff.
>>
>>9593897
Did they explicitly say it was justifiable though? If so, I didn't quite catch it.
>>
>>9593900
honestly same. i think gulls have trouble differentiating between a bad lolita and a bad person. just because somebody is shit at coordinating themselves doesn't mean they deserve to be openly mocked. same with how i don't understand why some people idolize the ground that good lolitas walk on if their personalities are shit.
>>
>>9593903
agreeing with some of the generalizations made in the original post is encouraging/justifying that behavior.
>>
File: 1418629123351.jpg (30KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
1418629123351.jpg
30KB, 400x384px
>>9593900
>not even as amusement
Not because you don't find ita threads amusing doesn't mean nobody does
Also, even if they're harsh, new lolitas can learn a lot from seeing what not to do

>>9593906
>i think gulls have trouble differentiating between a bad lolita and a bad person
Of course people "have trouble" with it. Can you tell who is a good person and who is a bad person from a picture of them?
Either if you could, doesn't even have anything to do with the person in the first place, it's about how they dress.

Also, people criticizing how someone dresses on an anonymous online forum isn't really what I would call being "openly mocked"
>>
>>9593912
i guess i just don't believe in being a dick to strangers.

it's fine if you do though, it's an "unpopular opinions" thread for a reason.
>>
>>9593915
You can think what you want, but saying "it's not even funny anymore", when a lot of people do in fact still find it funny is kinda retarded
>>
>>9593918
>all anons are the same
>>
>>9593912
By "not even as amusement" I meant that it's an old joke. Stupid, old, boring joke that repeats itself over and over again. I used to be in on it when I was a newfag to all of this but as I matured and lurked long enough I realised what level of thought and attitude it reflected. But if that's your sense of humor then by all means, enjoy. My unpopular opinion is mine and I've just gotten bored of meanness being considered cool.
>>
>>9593924
can idiots stop derailing with another race debate? god every single unpopular opinion thread is filled with it.
>>
>>9593943
Can everyone stop taking the bait and derailing and saying the same shit the first replies said?
>>
File: weeblitadeviantart.jpg (116KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
weeblitadeviantart.jpg
116KB, 752x1063px
I don't mind weeblitas who're 99,9% likely to be complete itas. Seeing them have fun with weird looking frilly dresses and stripey socks makes me miss my childhood in early 2000's.
>>
>>9593850
>>9593864
Where the fuck do you all live? We have a pretty mixed population where I come from and I've never heard any of this from anyone.

We do have a totally separate lolita comm of just asians but they're the overseas kind who just like to stick to each other for the language comfort. Most of them don't speak English well so they won't venture out to the main comm.
>>
File: fairy_by_volvoxball-d7wqma1.jpg (261KB, 1024x1565px) Image search: [Google]
fairy_by_volvoxball-d7wqma1.jpg
261KB, 1024x1565px
Good lolita or bad lolita, it's all lolita and that's how it is. If it's recognizable as lolita and it has its characteristics, it's lolita. Itas gonna ita, make sure you don't if you're so against it because that's all you can truly affect in the end.
>>
attention, dear >>9593955 .
please see >>9593812 .
>>
>>9593969
Same, anon. It honestly makes me a little sad to see those types of weeblitas in the ita thread. As long as they're having fun experimenting with fashion, and have a good attitude about it, I don't see what's so wrong. We were all weaboos and fashion disasters at one point or another.

But if said ita is a piece of shit and has a shitty attitude, I'm all for them getting posted
>>
>>9593793
You say that with a dress really similar to what brands have released before. If it wasn't for jbrands coming up with the idea before, that dress would not exist.
>>
>>9593864
M maybe she got a superiority complex about wearing lolita because of all the weeblitas with yellow fever
>>
>>9593983
It isn't for making normal I posts either
>>
>>9593519
A good wig can look like real hair. So black black women and white women wear wigs on a regular basis, a wig isn't costume-y unless it is coming from a costume shop imo.

Also wig hate is par the course on cgl, it isn't unpopular anymore.
>>
I hate ankle socks in lolita. I think it makes any coord automatically look awkward and/or ageplay looking.
>>
> bonnets are the best headwear

> most natural hair looks shit with lolita IF you are in the company of a group who are all wearing wigs - have big/long, thick, luxurious, styled natural hair (possibly consider extensions) or you will look underpresented in comparison

> natural fros are an exception to the above if styled and accessorized well

> like >>9593969 I also think weeblitas are adorable most of the time because they are having so much fun

> every boyfriend I've had has found lolita sexually appealing. I'm no ageplayer and I'm not dressing for them but they sure do pay attention

> boudoir shots in bloomers/pettis, bra/bustiers and stockings are gorgeous and I wish there were more of them

> they can still look damned good but I don't consider anyone with less than 10 pieces to be serious about the fashion (unless they are at a financial disadvantage/had to sell a massive chunk)

> in saying the above I wish people wouldn't bring up the size of their wardrobe at meets. I have 100+ main pieces, 44 blouses and hundreds of accessories which is more than any other lolita I know and I keep my mouth shut about it. The only people who do know are my closest friends. Not polite, not kawaii.
>>
>>9594024
You should just leave lolita desu
>>
>>9594024
I hate most of the legwear staples in lolita full stop.

Calf length socks automatically make your legs look fatter, and the vast majority of lolitas do not have slim legs in the first place. Ditto white tights. Ditto patterned tights when the pattern gets stretched, especially with vertical stripes.

Kneesocks look even more childish than ankle socks.
>>
>>9594036
Have you ever considered maybe lolita isn't and never was about wearing the most flattering clothes for your body?
>>
>>9594043
So you're okay with looking like shit?
>>
>>9593864
ive experienced this. your friend is normal. Asians call out people for looking silly all the time. the other people answer you just aren't that friend with one to have them speak honestly.
>>
>>9594036
these are only problems for fatties and people with stumpy/ugly legs
>>
>>9594059
So 80% of lolitas then.
>>
>>9594044
Only for you, anon.
>>
>>9594044
For sure
>>
>>9594059
Western lolita is filled with fatties, whether they be white, black, or mexican. Asian lolitas are sometimes even worse in that aspect because as well as often being chubby by asian standards, they also have stumpy bow legs.

Tea-length dresses should become the standard so we don't need to see any more dumpy cottage cheese legs squeezed into the kind of socks you see in the children's section of H&M.
>>
>>9594054
Yeah, I'm a dirty white girl and a Chinese girl in my comm has pointed this out in private settings.

Not gonna deny that slender East-Asian women look best in this fashion because they are who it is designed for. I don't think it's impossible for anyone else to look good, but it's that much harder.

I don't care though because frills <3
>>
>>9594036
so do you have fat legs or something
>>
>>9594025
Something I've noticed is that some of the ugliest people have the biggest wardrobes. What is your take on this?
>>
>>9594082
I have large calf muscles from doing a lot of ballet when I was younger, and I'm able to recognize this and stick to darker solid-colour tights which are more flattering for my leg shape. Most lolitas can't say the same.
>>
>>9594091
I think only unattractive girls openly brag about it to other people's faces. Gotta compensate somehow.

Maybe it's just the negative personality attributes that make them seem uglier tho
>>
>>9594094
you're projecting your preferences on others because you have big legs. i have skelly legs so none of the issues you listed are a problem for me.
>>
>>9594151
Congratulations, you're one of the few
>>
>>9594151
Were you the /pol/ girl who posted her dick socks last thread? Chill.
>>
>>9593969
I kinda like seeing weeblitas too. They make me so nostalgic.
Unfortunately they don't seem to like me because every time I've tried to start a conversation with any of them while I was also in lolita they sneered at me and turned away. The only time I had a pleasant reaction was when I was wearing very toned down JM and the girl started 'educating' me on how my dress wasn't lolita and low quality because there was no lace on it, when I never even claimed I was wearing lolita. They're endearing, but only from a distance.
>>
Are the people talking about race and fatties always the same people who just can't ignore bait? Or are they new people who don't know these things were discussed in the previous thread, and the thread before that, and before that etc.
>>
AP will probably never be able to make anything better than Sugary Carnival or Milky planet.
>>
File: milkyswan.jpg (434KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
milkyswan.jpg
434KB, 500x600px
>wigs look better in the majority of coords because natural hair is too hard for the majority of people to style nicely (too thin, too oily, too frizzy, no bangs, etc)
>unnatural coloured wigs are fine as long as they are good quality and follow colour blocking rules
>steam lolita is cool when done right
>altering lolita clothes should become more acceptable so that people can look their best in their dresses
>v-bodiced dresses look horrible
>chubby to fat people are fine in lolita as long as they wear clothes that fit them but obese people should be forever shunned
>>
>>9594395
New, I assume. I cringe every time I see someone being autocorrected to desu, since it's clearly one of their first posts on 4chan
>>
>>9594447
Actually I've been using desu for ages, everyone knows what it means anyway
>>
>>9594447
I think the word filter is kinda funny so I don't bother avoiding t b h, and I've been here years. It's obvious from the content of some posts with it that not everyone using it is new.
>>
>>9594341
>The only time I had a pleasant reaction was when I was wearing very toned down JM and the girl started 'educating' me on how my dress wasn't lolita and low quality because there was no lace on it, when I never even claimed I was wearing lolita.
I always worry about that happening because I'd be terrible at handling it, I wear a lot of low-poof old items and I'm sure some local weebs are judging me.
>>
>>9594447
I've been here for forever and use desu anyway. It's kinda cute
>>
>>9594447
Au contraire, I'm too old and lazy to bother avoiding wordfilters and have simply gotten used to it desu senpai
>>
>>9594450
>>9594456
>>9594458
Alright then, I cringe when I see it used when that person clearly didn't mean to.
>>
ageplay should be filtered instead of desu
>>
>>9594467
Imagine if it was filtered to "AP"
>>
>>9594457
I must admit that my jimmies were badly rustled by her implication that no lace = low quality, but I managed to brush it off. She actually back-pedalled as soon as I told her that my dress was from a Japanese brand and then called me kawaii. She still didn't think it was "proper" lolita though, which is fine.
In general I don't care what weebs think of me any more than I care what random fuckboys think of me. Sometimes I try to reach out and if they think I'm ita or an ebil bully brandwhore, lol, their loss. They can wallow in their cosplay wigs and scratchy lace all they want if that's what they prefer.
>>
>>9594467
They're global filters so they're not going to correct memes from one small board.
>>
People really shouldn't be spending disability/welfare on lolita. There's a girl in our comm who is disabled but somehow has hundreds of dollars worth of dresses, and she keeps getting new ones.

Way to abuse our resources.
>>
>>9594681
Semi-unrelated but several of the cosplayers I follow keep a donation link in their social media profiles and occasionally post about how "it would be so nice of you to donate because I got hit with bills this month and I just want something to eat" and yet, they're going to Disneyland, posting pics of them going out to eat at restaurants, making new cosplays. So fucking entitled, it pisses me off. Bills come every fucking month. You should know how to budget by the time you're 20, fuck.
>>
>>9594681
>B-but my self care!11

Ugh, I hate welfare fraud.
>>
>>9594681
I kind of agree. I mean they're allowed to have hobbies and all but none of the people I know who do this are responsible with their money and often end up asking others for help paying their bills like >>9594687 described. That would be stupid enough if they had a job but when the money they wasted on frivolous shit instead of bills was handed to them for free by the government then it's extra scummy.
There's a girl in my lolita comm who gets multiple types of government assistance and housing meant for vulnerable young adults to help them learn useful skills, develop independence and get them on their feet. Instead she spends all of it on AP and equally expensive but crappy quality Japanese clothes and watches anime all day. No school, no job, she's not even in therapy or anything. Her "plan" for the future is to become a professional fashionista but instead of going to school for fashion design or taking sewing classes or anything, she just bought an inbred designer cat and went back to binge watching children's anime. And she brags about this on social media and people praise her, calling her strong and independent and inspirational and #goals. She's not independent, she's the least independent adult I've ever met. But don't you dare criticise her or even imply her lifestyle isn't sustainable, because then you're a toxic hater. What the fuck? I'm starting to believe my comm is full of pathetic womanchildren who, like her, never want to grow up.
>>
>>9594681
There are several disabled lolitas in comms I've been in and none of them do shit like >>9594687 described. It's not fraud if they have a legitimate disability, it's their choice what to spend the money they receive on if they're lucky enough to have enough spare to spend it on hobbies. I mean, it's not like being able to buy dresses proves you're functional enough to hold down a steady job or anything else that would make it fraud.
>>
>>9594710
It's fucking fraud.
That money's supposed to be used for rent and other necessities, not luxury goods.
>>
>>9594341
Lol it that happened to me I'd tell her how expensive my brand dress is worth
>>
>>9594732
That's just trashy t b h
>>
>>9594681
If she pays her bills and is otherwise responsible I don't see the issue, welfare or no. People on welfare still pay sales tax and fees like you do, and you might not be privy to every detail about how she funds her hobby. I've never had to go on disability, but I've known people who have and are still capable of maintaining their more expensive hobbies because they have family or friends who want to support them.
>>
>>9594710
>"lucky enough to have enough spare to spend it on hobbies"
>"lucky enough"
>>
>>9594745
Asides from situational things like allowances for specific equipment (e.g. a disability-adapted vehicle), disability is given out at a fairly flat rate in my country. A girl with a disability who lives in a place with comparatively cheap rent, has access to cheaper supermarkets, hasn't had her laptop and car break down twice that year (for example) and has parents that would support her if they did, and therefore has money to spare from her allowance to spend on things like lolita, is luckier than a girl who receives the same amount of money but has had a bunch of unexpected expenses that year and is paying more on rent and groceries and therefore struggles to get by. I'm saying she's lucky compared to girls on disability who struggle on that income, not that she's lucky to be on disability in the first place.

>>9594728
I mean, I assume it gets spent on both, and it's not like we should expect people with incurable illnesses to live in poverty for the rest of their lives and never buy nice things. Like I said, most disabled people receive the same amount of money; due to individual circumstances that money goes further for some people than others. That doesn't mean that people whose situation means they can budget out of their disability allowance to buy lolita are committing fraud because their rent and necessities cost less than others.
>>
There needs to be more gatekeeping
>>
>>9594681

What >>9594710 and >>9594744 said. You're also assuming that she's on welfare because she is disabled and not all disabled people are. She might have rich folks or a rich partner.

And even if she is getting government money, when people literally can't earn an income because of their disability, it is ever so charming and generous of you to allow them to have a mundane, base existence without any luxuries or small enjoyments for the duration of their lives. And by that I mean you're a cunt. :)
>>
>>9595003
>t. welfare-chan
>>
>>9595006

> not American
> never been on welfare

Nice try though.
>>
>>9595003
Not to whiteknight, but this.
When you're sitting looking at your life, and you know you'll possibly not live to be 40.
Might as well do something fun now, you'll just regret it later.
>>
>>9594681
>MFW I know a fairly efamous lolita who blew school grants on lolita
>>
>>9595062
If you've got your tuition and rent paid then why not?
It's not like the other kids aren't snorting coke at the nightclubs with grant money, oh, wait...
>>
>>9595062
I feel personally attacked. >>9595065 is right though, I get the same amount of grant as anyone else, I'm just lucky to live in a cheap city and choose to spend what's left over after rent on lolita and not nights out or takeaways.
>>
>>9595106
>takeaway
$50 for PIZZA?!!? Why?! WHY?!!!
>>
>>9595253
the fact that you have to specify
>level-headed asians
and
>some asians

every comm will have a few rude people, there's no reason to bring race into it or associate it with race.
>>
I think it's fine when ageplayers and sissies wear Lolita. I don't care if they use this fashion to promote their sexual lifestyle. It's fine.
>>
>>9593465
I don't believe that "make your own meets, then" is always an appropriate response to comm members being dissatisfied with the quality of their comm's meets. It really should be the responsibility of the admin(s) to plan meets which would be largely appealing to the group.
>>
>>9595062
I'm an efamous lolita that received unemployment for two years during the recession and got an under the table job trimming marijuana in the meanwhile. It was nice, I had so much money. Every unemployment check I bought lolita while the cash paid for everything else and then some. I didn't even look for a job, I just lied on all the forms. I feel a little bad now, I guess.
>>
>>9595339

Sadly your story isn't the only one. Maybe it only takes a few apples, but most disability seekers I know end up taking under the table jobs or whatever and make shittons of money they can blow on whatever.

Certainly not as bad as corporate welfare but it doesn't leave the greatest taste in my mouth.
>>
>>9595339
This is why socialism never works
>>
>>9593900
this, completely. I like to laugh at piss poor milanoo quality dresses but pretty much everything that's posted is just nitpicks
>>
>>9594004
So? It's okay to like taobao stuff. Why do retards on here pretend to hate it when we have fucking threads for it?
>>
>>9593855
>Then this guy joins who looks like he spent a vital part of his development with his face stuck in a greasy drawer
I love that you keep coming up with new ways to insult this dude.
>>
I think it's great that lolita seems to be slowing down a bit, dresses are so much cheaper than they were 3-5 years ago and it's a lot easier to find holy grails. I also like having less people interested in it, not to sound gatekeep-y. I much prefer smaller comms with actual lolitas versus a large comm with more weeabs, kinksters, and 'regrEtsy' tier handmade itas.
>>
>>9595337
>>9595517
>>9595572
>>9595580
>>9595592
>>9595611
>implying /cgl/ is the right place to talk about racism
>>
Holy shit can everyone shut the fuck up about race?
>>
>>9595614
>>9595612
welcome to unpopular opinions, it happens every thread.
>>
>>9594044
If cgl thinks I look like shit, then I'm probably doing something right.
>>
>>9595620
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>9595620
>implying cgl is one person and not a bunch of people with different opinions
>>
Where are the fucking janitors?
>>
>>9595676
Ya gotta actually report and sage.
>>
>>9595624
>>9595627
predictable
>>
did this shit get derailed again for real
>>
>>9595842
what did you expect?
>>
>>9595852
too much, probably
>>
>>9593465
This is the only steam lolita ensemble I've ever liked. Nice. I can even just about overlook the superfluous cogwheel on the bag.
>>
Akira is only popular because she looks like a boy, nobody likes her music
>>
JSKs are a horrible choice for beginners because they require meshing necklines and styles. OPs are better at mitigating potential disasters because the shoulders are already covered.
>>
>>9594025
>> bonnets are the best headwear

Finally someone who understands
>>
It's not a bad thing for a lolita to look frumpy
>>
>>9599039
Agreed but imo it has to be a certain kind of frumpy, like an old porcelain doll, not like an awkward teenager in their first prom dress.
>>
>>9595347
I agree
>>
It'd be nice to be able to use childish motifs in fairy kei such a toys, rattles, and pacifiers like they do in Japan without being accused of being some freak who gets off to shitting in a diaper and pretended her boyfriend is her dad
>>
>>9601606
Considering the folks around here think that even something as simple as bangs are childish, it makes my "must live in Japan" weeb instincts show up.
>>
>>9599258
>>9599039
The cute awkwardness old school has is okay, ill-fitting dresses and truly unflattering makeup and hair isn't
>>
>>9602102
>implying old school Japanese girls never wore ill-fitting dresses and truly unflattering make-up
I'm glad those days are over.
>>
>>9602102
>The cute awkwardness old school has is okay,
Why is that more okay? Because you're used to seeing it?
>>
>>9602121
People can wear frumpy or baggy clothes as an aesthetic choice. In oldschool there's still usually effort put into the whole outfit, with make-up, hair and colour balance, whereas your average ita fails on all of those things, not just wearing baggy clothes.
>>
>>9602122
Cgl complains about good modern coords being frumpy and even brands and dresses in general being frumpy. I like frumpy looking coords, it reminds me of dolls.
>>
>>9594681
I agree about welfare, but if you're disabled or prematurely retired because you literally CAN'T work, and never will be able to, I don't see why you shouldn't spend that money as you want
Just because you aren't able to work, doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to do the things that make you happy. How miserable would that life be?

Like, if two people get the same amount of money, one spends $400 a month on food, and one spends $200 on food and $200 on dresses, how is that wrong?
>>
>>9605374
because, you're apparently expected to make money in the black market while being unemployed if you want to do anything other than eat, sleep, and breathe.

>mfw universal basic income would solve all these problems and I would get a bonus check monthly to buy precious burando while other people still get to eat
>>
>>9601606
I think baby toys, rattles and pacifiers are weird to have on a dress in the first place unless you work at a nursery or something. Like who thinks those things are ~aesthetic~ other than people who are into baby stuff? Weirdly enough, the people I know who are most into infantile imagery are also the most hostile to actual children. It makes me think they wish they were still babies themselves and are jealous of real children.
>hanging out with only other lolita in town
>she drags me into a clothing store
>makes a bee-line for the children's section
>grabs a pink toddler onesie with some knockoff MLP character on it, says "Why don't they make this stuff in my size? Those little cunts don't appreciate it anyway"
>never hang out with her again
Creepy as fuck. If you're reading this, M, I think it's great that you avoid interacting with children. Keep doing that.
>>
>>9605448
>Why don't they make this stuff in my size? Those little cunts don't appreciate it anyway
A real gem, that one. If nothing else, at least now you know not to hang out with her.
>>
>>9605448
>Like who thinks those things are ~aesthetic~ other than people who are into baby stuff?

People who just think they look cute, maybe?
>>
>>9605533
Pacifiers and baby rattles, though? Really?
>>
Blue contacts never look good.
>>
>>9606908
Maybe not never but they are seriously freaky a lot of the time.
>>
>>9606908

Adding to that, white girls look crazed in asian eye makeup techniques meant to widen the eye. It really doesn't flatter them.
>>
Classic is beautiful but I prefer a more modern take on lolita. I like it being a poppy, trendy street fashion (think AP's dreamy melty crossy bullshit) but I understand that it's just not like that anymore.
>>
>>9607100
This isn't an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>9607073
Agreed. I wear gyaru clothes sometimes but straight up refuse to wear the prescribed makeup because it makes white girls look like crazed clowns. normal falsies, mascara, eyeliner and some inner eye highlight will give you the exact shape in the picture you are looking at, so why glue your lash a cm away from your eye???
>>
>>9607375
It's unpopular not to like classic. To expand my thought, I don't like how people feel like they gotta mature it up and look old timey. To me it feels like their mindset is "what looks nice, even to normies?" I see a lot of people changing their wardrobe in an effort to seem more sophisticated which is fine but I want to ask them if they remember why they liked that dreamy fairy kei street look in the first place.
>>
File: DCoverdress.jpg (322KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
DCoverdress.jpg
322KB, 500x753px
I still like peignoirs and overdresses. They look to fluffy.
>>
>>9607433
But you do like classic, and the majority of lolitas do not care about what normies think looks good
>>
>>9607433
>>9607469
I've met quite a few girls who think they are dressing more normal because they're wearing toned down classic everywhere.

What they don't realize is they just look like they're dressing up as old bitties.
>>
People on this board are full of themselves
>>
>>9607680
don't forget how delusional they are as well.
>>
>>9605419
>supporting stealing money from other people because "muh feels"
>>
>>9607689
I don't consider it stealing because welfare raises the baseline quality of life and brings about all the positive consequences of it. I'm totally fine with paying to feel like I don't live in a third world country.
>>
>>9596433
I have a friend that would slaughter you for that opinion. But agreed
>>
>>9595347
Yuppp!
>>
>>9605419
I would LOVE a universal basic income - I could work part-time, spend more time taking care of my family, and even finish my degree without becoming the suicidal wreck I became last time I worked 55 hours a week and maintained a 4.0 gpa with 16 credits (pre-child).
>>
>>9605419

Universal income, economically, is a terrible idea. I mean, I get it. I really get it. But it's not like universal healthcare coverage because the market unfortunately works on supply and demand, and increasing supply of money would unfortunately just cause inflation, which would undo a lot of benefits that universal income aimed to give.
>>
File: notrimvstrim.jpg (115KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
notrimvstrim.jpg
115KB, 800x552px
This is probably a really unpopular opinion seeing as how it's on every single dress these days, but I kind of hate trim on dresses. Lace, ruffles, it doesn't matter. Very rarely do I actually like it, and it feels like it's almost always tacked on because the dressmaker fears that the end looks too stark. If I want an embellished bottom I'll wear an underskirt or a decorative petticoat. Taobao brands are especially guilty of this, Grove Deer's City of Devils skirt above as an example. I far prefer the lace-less version that sadly wasn't the final version. The lace is so unfitting... I have a skirt in my closet that I'm seriously considering just sewing in the lace on the end because I think it only hurts the overall look of the skirt.
>>
>>9605419
If you're on disability you'll have a bit of money leftover each month. I think anybody would be pissed if they were spending hundreds a month on fucking luxury goods.

Thats not what support systems are for.
>>
I prefer to say loli over lolita
>>
>>9608975
>universal basic income increases the money supply
>?????
thanks for the the econ lesson, but I work in economics, my husband is a PhD economics student and I have a basic functional knowledge of how the money supply works

protip: universal basic income is redistribution of wealth, ie taxing and then sending everyone the exact same check so there's no judgement or morality calls on who gets welfare. If you need and want use the money to survive, cool. If you want to work and use the checks for burando bucks, awesome. It does not require printing money or increasing the money supply.

there are some pretty great studies on it, actually. you seem interested in economic theory and should check them out. it's good to read, then decide for yourself what to think
>>
>>9609371
out of curiousity, why?
>>
>>9609374
I like how it sounds and it doesn't remind me of the book and films as much (I know it's popular here but I genuinely dislike the book). Mainly because I like how it sounds better though.
>>
>>9609388
>I know it's popular here
.. What? I've never seen anyone on here talk good about the book
I thought most people disliked it?
Also, loli to most people (at least online) sound even more perverted, as it's super commonly used these days for really young girls in anime (in a sexual way)
>>
>>9609372
Thank you for this. People are just afraid of what is going to eventually happen.
>>
I hate Risa Nakamura. She didn't know how to write Angelic Pretty and always has the same expression.
>>
>>9609573
All young looking anime girls are loli/lolita. It's just that the majority of anime these days is fanservice, so most people associate it with the pedo-bait type.
>>
I like the military coords, even (perhaps especially) when they reference irl uniform styles like meta's German WWII thing.

I like really excessively busy prints like British Bear

Fruit print>dessert print>chocolate print

And finally not so much a widely unpopular view as much as a controversial one: if you only wear Lolita once in your life, if you look good I don't care what you call yourself. Lolita can serve as a conveniently descriptive noun
>ex look at those Lolitas in that room. They must have a panel going on
>>
>>9609588
Forgot one

Rinrin is better than misako
Not cuter, but overall
>>
>>9609588
>I like the military coords, even (perhaps especially) when they reference irl uniform styles like meta's German WWII thing.
This was never an unpopular opinion anywhere. The Meta one is most sought after even though it's not the nicest looking military lolita there is.
>>
>>9596828
Sure. I think people suggest jsk for beginners because on average the sizing is a tad more generous and because if all the lolita wardrobe 101 posts demanding you start with jsks for the better versatility
>>
I think mixing sweet and gothic lolita looks really good and is in line with the spirit of lolita
>>
File: angery.jpg (94KB, 646x354px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
94KB, 646x354px
>>9609580
I wouldn't mind the same expression so much if it wasn't so unpleasant. Like...you're wearing a dress with kawaii pastel ponies/chocolate bunnies/stuffed toys, what's with the face like you're about to cut a bitch or something?
>>
>>9609580
She didn't know how to write AP? Deets?
>>
>>9609649
Not sure I understand what you mean, can you post an example?
>>
>>9609661
She wrote it as Anjelic Pretty while wearing a dress that has Angelic Pretty written on it.
>>
>>9609580
>>9609657
I don't even get any "cut a bitch" vibe from her, she looks more like a brat to me. I'm not into Larme, but is looking like a disrespectful child part of the aesthetic?
>>
>>9609668
Yeah, I guess I mostly got the angry vibe from the first pic.
I think larme is supposed to be more melancholic and dreamy, as the name means tears, but Risa usually just looks pouty.
>>
>>9609593
Maybe Tumblr has gotten to my head but I knew some folks in person that took offense. Ofc some =/= all
>>
>>9609151
I dislike any trim that is more than an inch. Cute small lace is best. Not such an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>9609663
And this is why I don't teach English in Japan anymore.
>>
>>9609338
>That's not what support systems are for
I was really in need and got food stamps. I'd have enough every month to splurge on steaks, I ate more delicious rib eye on welfare than I do now.
If that's not how it's 'supposed to work' then enlighten me, what kind of squalor would you prefer to see?
>>
>>9609372
Oooooooooor, why don't we just skip the middle men and we just get rid of taxes completely? I think that would be a better solution, less room for 'human error' that way.
>>
>>9609997
>who needs roads, police, fire departments, utilities, foreign embassies, courts, etc
>>
File: anarchy.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
anarchy.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>9610247
I actually dont
>>
>>9610252
Lmao, have fun with that. I'm going to chill over here with the real libertarians who aren't completed dumbasses
>>
File: 1491978267587.gif (493KB, 245x136px) Image search: [Google]
1491978267587.gif
493KB, 245x136px
>>9609580
>>
>>9609668
> is looking like a disrespectful child part of the aesthetic?
Yes
>>
>>9609997
You sound quite ignorant. And edgy. Please inform yourself before spoutting nonsense.
>>
Larme is a sad copy of Amo kei. Amo kei was better.
>>
How 2 make quick dosh from seagulls
>Make shitty lace monster with velvet
>Post it somewhere for sale, claim it's a 10+ year old school Innocent World or AP release and overprice the shit out of it
>Link to it in old school threads
>Watch some sap buy it right from you
>>
>>9607687
Agreed
>>
>>9594024
I've become this way too. Ankle socks look so cheap. The only good short socks should go 3-4 inches above the top of the shoe. Everything else is above the knee.
>>
>>9595289
I think it's okay if they don't advertise that they have a kink in public while in Lolita, why should we care about what they do in private, of course though, if they didn't advertise it they wouldn't get shit for it anyway, the people who are criticized deserve it because they give our fashion a bad name
>>
>>9594697
I thought you were referring to Jillian for a minute there lol
>>
>>9621182
I want to say you're wrong. But then I remember how much I've spent on oldschool velveteen. Never retail+ but I've spent a lot on some pieces...
>>
>>9614923
Fucking this. I still miss her old style, she was my favorite style icon. Her 180 style change still confuses me to this day. I feel like she died and someone took her place.
>>
>>9594337
Hey it's dick sock girl, I am not pol girl, but I'm glad you appreciate my dick/condom socks
>>
>>9621182
You might get a cosplayer/newbie's money; true lolitas will be able to see right through it.
>>
>>9593465
In my experience, I find that fat/thick cosplayers tend to have much better costumes. It's always annoying when a subpar skinny cosplayer gets more respect than a really good fat cosplayer.

Also, most costumes aren't very good, so I don't see the point in pointing out when they're bad.
>>
>>9609995
You shouldn't be living better than the average person who isn't on food stamps does who can't afford "splurging"
>>
Cohesive wardrobes are a lie & a waste of time,no one needs 37 similar dresses, you are not wearing them all at once.
>>
>>9621188
Cgl gives your fashion a bad name
>>
File: dgdsaa.jpg (3KB, 138x125px) Image search: [Google]
dgdsaa.jpg
3KB, 138x125px
>>9595335

I really agree with this sentiment. Im so jealous of comms who have active and participating admins. My comm is huge but never once have I ever seen the admin (which there is only 1 of... for a fb group of 300+ members). I wish she would either step down or add more admins that are actually active.
>>
>>9595335
I agree that mods or admins should at least help to plan meets so that there's at least one a month. I've had "so make your own meet, then" thrown at me and have tried, but the prevailing attitude in my comm is that if the organiser is an unknown then the meet is most likely going to suck and you shouldn't even give it a chance. Like people in my comm have literally said that they'll never attend a meetup hosted by someone they don't already know, or who hasn't hosted a meet before. So how are people like me supposed to get shit off the ground, then? I can't magic a meetup out of thin air if nobody shows up. Even the newbies don't show interest unless they see that more experienced members are going.

>>9621310
We have a few admins but they never organise anything, aside from small get-togethers amongst themselves that the majority of us isn't invited to and we only find out about afterwards. It's fine that they want to hang out with their friends in lolita but why are they admins of this group if they never want to involve the rest of the group in anything? They haven't organised anything public in over a year and a half.
Fortunately there are a handful of regular group members who step in and organise stuff sometimes. If it weren't for them, the comm would be completely dead. Hopefully I can get one of them to co-host a meetup with me some time and maybe I can do it myself after that.
>>
>>9621466
>people in my comm have literally said that they'll never attend a meetup hosted by someone they don't already know, or who hasn't hosted a meet before.
Holy shit, how do they meet new people? what is the point of going to meet ups? how is that not just going to hang out with your friends?

Also the admins of your group kind of sound like the power hungry admins of my group. They treat the comm like it's high school and they only hang out with each other and never invite anyone else and then brag about e-fame that they don't actually have. I seriously think the only reason they are admins is so they can say they're in charge of everyone else. They're like living out some dumb mean girls fantasy.
>>
>>9621466
>people in my comm have literally said that they'll never attend a meetup hosted by someone they don't already know
Dutch comm?
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.