[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: FB_IMG_1502043079933.jpg (53KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1502043079933.jpg
53KB, 504x504px
What happened
>>
It's owned by an asshole to start off with.
>>
You can't just give me that. Come on, I need details. Especially since people are comparing it to DashCon.
>>
The only thing I've seen so far is that staff members told vendors that attendance would be a minimum of 1,000 people and at least one staff member claimed that attendance oils reach as high as 8,000. According to a vendor, the actual attendance was likely around 200.
>>
>>9591898
>could
I have no idea how my phone autocorrected could to oils
>>
>>9591898
>200
Seriously? I had to work on those days, but I was considering going. Seems like a bust.
>>
The con is run by a dude named Steve Lin who is apparently shady af. He hits on clearly underage girls and started godaiko out of spite because he got banned from youmacon. I guess a bunch of aa/vendors tried to get at least a partial refund and he was extremely rude to them so now I'm seeing people talk about getting together and suing
>>
>>9591898
200 is the highest estimate I've seen so far. Most people were saying 120-ish, some were saying less than 100. And tables were apparently $125 for artists and $300 for vendors?
>>
Also:

-schedule was published 2 days before con
-they handed out fliers at the Cosplay Beach Party event that was going on that day, trying to draw traffic away from the beach party
-that sad picture of 7 people at the "rave"
-lots of rumors around the maid cafe, including that the staff/panelists quit and some maids had to fill in, not feeding the maids, etc.
-all the drama surround the AA
>>
>>9591980
>that sad picture of 7 people at the "rave"
Plz post
>>
>>9592000
>>
>>9591980
>Schedule was posted two days before the con
The reason why that was was because the panel studio that was doing half the panels for the con dropped out due to financial reasons. Steven didn't offer badge refunds until sunday, which with badges being $45 was impossible considering hotel fees were ungodly. The studio didn't knew that they were doing half of their panel programming.
>>
Despite being in the area I had no idea this con even existed, so that might be related.
>>
>>9591965
Yeah Steven is shady af. He runs his cons like a dictator.
>>
The problem with michigan is everyone wants to be est first and then b--ches about attendence. I was in the area and had no idea this was going on. Nitwits didnt post 4chan or anywhere else. I understand wanting only supporters but you have to give people a chance to support. This goes for all michigan events. The only people that advertise is african americans. The detroit hoedown, the grand rapids art fair, the michigan ren fair, and the royal oak festivals dont advertise except maybe a few ads in the free paper. Then the news will go to the event and say "come on down".
While the beach party people gloat they didnt have good numbers either.
This may speak to a larger issue. There us too much bias in the michigan scene. You need to be a slut, friends, or pushy to know whats going on. The naias and the dream cruises spreads a hugh net and is a hit.
>>
>>9592797
Steve has been banned from several cons and if you look up reviews for his shop Anime Pavilion it does not get any better. Why that man is allowed into events with the way he treats his employees and attendees is beyond me
>>
>>9591965
>>9592797
I volunteered at a con he was in charge of once and I was lucky not to catch the wrong end of him, but all my staff friends fucking loathe him. I didn't see him moving from con ops for anything...
I've heard of this con through them before but it's probably exclusively because he's involved with it.
>>
>>9591584
>>9592019
>>9591965
>>9592797
I need a full story
>>
Fuck youmacon. GDC is better because at least they don't have actual nazis as staff. Actual real nazis. The Youmacon security group has all nazis and the head guy listens to nazi pro-white supremacist metal music and likes to boss around minorities like he owns them because they think he does.

Some of my friends in Ann Arbor are trying to get all the Nazis there removed and banned. But fuck Youmacon and fuck nazis for even making that being a difficult thing to do. Some of us might go and not pay but just point out the Nazis there and make sure everyone knows what they are publicly.
>>
File: 1474838489238.jpg (61KB, 568x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474838489238.jpg
61KB, 568x640px
>>9600969
Howdy, Steve. :^)
>>
>>9600969
Could you be any more obvious Steven, jfc
>>
>>9600969
List of people who enjoyed GDC.

1. Steve

List of people who did not enjoy GDC.

2-120. Not named Steve.
>>
>>9600969
you couldn't set the bar higher than "well at least we didn't hire nazis"?
>>
>>9600969

Thanks Steve, reminded me that I still had to pre-reg for Youma which I just took care of.
>>
Michigan is big there is room for both. I dont know any con owners but you both are slapping each other for no reason. Both cons are copy cats so who cares. ;) be cheerful.
>>
File: image.png (166KB, 250x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166KB, 250x346px
Michigan con general? Apparently Stef the Shuto conchair divorced her husband because he wasn't tumblr enough and hooked up with pic related.
>>
>>9608400
They split up amicably a while ago, that's not recent news. I'm not sure what you mean by "not Tumblr enough" but there were definitely legit reasons it wasn't working. They're continuing to work together as business partners and parents so it's really not a big or dramatic mess. Don't make drama where there isn't any.
>>
>>9608402
Nayrt.
So says you. You arent someone and you arent doing anything that needs "protecting" you got a little "of nite" and ditched your husband.
>>
>>9615511
?

You know you're not actually replying to Stefanie, right?
>>
>>9615511
Anon are you having a stroke?
>>
>>9592019

Good lord that is sad

I feel bad for the dj and those 7
>>
>>9617601
There we around 30 people at once on the dance floor for the first hour or two but people got tired and left with an hour remaining.
>>
>>9596638
Please dont support the michigan ren fest, their business practices are shady af and their actors are "volunteers" who pay to work there :/
>>
>>9591584
The bad:
>~200 people showed up to the con
>maid cafe was desperately trying to get anyone to come in to eat
>2-3 people showing up to side panels
>~20 people showing up to main stage panels
>mentally handicapped kid that would constantly interrupt the main panelists... he had a megaphone on Saturday
>anime beach party stole some visitors on Saturday

The good:
>the cosplay competition
>speed friending event had some decent memers
>after hours hentai watch was fun
>dating game event was halirous

The highlight of my Godaikocon was getting called old by a 15 year kid crossdressing in Little Witch Academia cosplay and realizing that even though I'm in my mid 20s, I'm far too old to go to these things anymore.
>>
>>9600969

I agree fuck Youmacon. The guy in charge is literally pro-Nazi.
>>
File: 1501632697427.png (132KB, 317x333px) Image search: [Google]
1501632697427.png
132KB, 317x333px
>>9618794
Got proof m8?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.