[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feels thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 71

File: simplicitydance.gif (706KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
simplicitydance.gif
706KB, 360x500px
Last thread. >>9584720

Time to share some cgl feels. Stay on-topic and don't fight!
>>
This is incredibly silly but I feel overwhelmed by IW's questionnaire. Obviously they're not going to bring every single item back in stock just because they're asked to, but I feel like this is a blank check to ask for everything I've ever wanted from them and I don't know what to pick. Choosing only three items is agony.
>>
>>9589804
And on a similar note, I'm so touched by the fact they're holding this questionnaire at all. IW has been my favorite brand for most of my time in lolita and I'm beyond eager to throw money at them for designs I love.
>>
File: stockingfish.png (241KB, 529x500px) Image search: [Google]
stockingfish.png
241KB, 529x500px
>get diarrhea at a meetup
>FML
>hear knock on the stall door
>"occupied"
>"yeah, no kidding. can you keep it down? we're trying to shoot vines for instagram."
>VINES... for INSTAGRAM
>mfw I was scolded for pooping too loud
>>
>>9589100
>ever needing to cry because you did something social

How embarrassing.
>>
File: pspoop.jpg (18KB, 242x356px) Image search: [Google]
pspoop.jpg
18KB, 242x356px
>tfw a cos-girl has a crush on me

She's cute, but I just turned 28 and I'm getting too old to mess around with little girls anymore. Ugh fuck. I should probably get married.
>>
>>9590007
Marry her.
>>
>>9589858
Not everybody can be an insensitive normie.
>>
>>9589843
Pooping is ita. Everyloli knows that.
>>
File: the curse of life.jpg (298KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the curse of life.jpg
298KB, 960x1200px
>that feel when no girlfriend
>>
File: 1500890655531.png (282KB, 412x484px) Image search: [Google]
1500890655531.png
282KB, 412x484px
>really want this game I can't buy
>mention it to bf in an offhanded way
>he responds with mild indifference, then asks if I want to watch him stream another game he seems to have recently bought
I don't want to be like "Hey, can you buy me this game?" because it might come off badly, but it kinda sucks since I'd definitely get him a game if I could and he wanted me to.
>>
File: IMG_8041.gif (182KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8041.gif
182KB, 500x315px
>huband just started his first day at his career
>big pay increase
>started my weightloss "journey"
>can finally get back into cosplay
>wanting to get into lolita as well

I'm actually feeling very happy and motivated for once, gulls! I'm tired of being a fatty-chan and not being able to fit into old cosplay, and I refuse to cosplay at the weight I'm at.
>>
File: mari.png (186KB, 725x583px) Image search: [Google]
mari.png
186KB, 725x583px
>buy a really cute oldschool meta jsk for 50$ on lacemarket
>its been two days and the seller still hasn't sent me the invoice
>tfw panicking that i might not be able to get the dress
>>
>>9590007
>I just turned 28
>old

Lol dude, it's a different time and place. Look around and observe the quality of the average man and woman. If she's legal do what you want.
>>
>>9590047
What game loser?
>>
>>9590083
Life Is Strange. Ep 1 was pretty good
>>
I'm literally in tears
>finally get dress i've been eyeing for months
>super giddy about it
>tell bf when he comes home from work
>he's just like "that's nice"
>ask him if something is wrong
>pretty much out of nowhere he says he wants to have kids with me
>i'm completely dumbfounded and don't know what to say

We talked about this before but i thought he wasn't serious about. Apparently he talked to his guy friends and they all convinced him the time is right or something.
>>
>>9590103
So either let him knock you up or leave. It ain't hard. Fork in the road.
>>
>>9590103
How old are you both?
How's your finances/place of living?
How long have you been together?

Only things to consider.
>>
>>9590108

why can't they be together without her being his personal baby machine?
>>
>>9590120
Hypothetically, would you stay with a man if he had and raised children with another woman while he was with you? Let's take it a step further and assume these kids and their mother are living in the same house as you.
>>
>>9590120
If he wants kids and she doesn't or vice versa it's kind of a deal breaker for relationships. Unless they adopt but most men don't want that and for good reason.
>>
>>9590120
If you want different things you'll never be happy.
>>
>>9590135
>unless they adopt but most men don't want that and for a good reason
ot but why? I've never heard that before
>>
>>9590144

im not even a guy but idk, i wouldn't want to raise someone else's seed without passing on my own genetics
>>
>>9590144
Guys don't like raising someone else's kid
Most of the emotions of fatherhood come from the baby being yours, and men aren't programmed to really give a shit about kids not related to them
>>
>>9590144
Because they want it to be their own. Artificial insemination and a host mother is a possibility if you don't want to birth it yourself.
>>
>>9590149
>>9590153
When you adopt a child they cease being 'someone else's kid'.
>>
>>9590155
If you don't give birth to your own children then you will never feel the motherly bond though.
>>
>>9590159
No?
They will always be someone else's kid no matter how much you pretend they aren't.
>>
>>9590160
Exactly the same for a father which is why if one person doesn't want a kid the relationship won't work.

>>9590159
Lol no that isn't how it works.
>>
>>9590166
You do realise 'adopting' makes them yours right? Raising a child makes them yours. Not who's genetics they have.

You probably shouldn't have kids at all.
>>
Friendly reminder that this is the feels thread, not a pop psych thread.
>>
>>9590160
that's just not true though. there's tons of evidence of mother animals adopting other baby animals that have been abandoned, the same thing works in humans. go and actually read some stories from people who have adopted.
>>
>>9590180
>if i feel the kid is mine then it must be true!
Really now? So after adopting and caring for the kid it's genes will change to reflect yours or how exactly does this work?
>>
>>9590171
So people here are terrible for not wanting to be cuckolds in the actual definition, not the /pol/ one?
Fuck off
>>
>>9590061
That's wonderful, anon!
>>
>>9590120
>>9590180
They're either trolls or these people just don't have an education.
The joke's on them, however: it's incredibly common amongst primates to adopt abandoned babies. Gorillas do it all they time after poaching kills a mother.
>>
All the cosplay schools I would have wanted to go to are full, and I got nothing to do when summer ends. Gah, what shall I do.
But maybe I just want to quit cosplay altogether, haven't worked on it in a long time. None of the cosplays I want to do are doable, and got no cosplay friends to do fun things with either.
My life is shit.

>>9590254
Primates have extremely varied family structures. You can't compare humans to primates. Humans are literally birds, compare them to them.
>>
File: angryrapper.gif (626KB, 512x680px) Image search: [Google]
angryrapper.gif
626KB, 512x680px
>>9590020
>Everyloli
>>
>>9590254
What does that have to do with most parents not wanting to raise another's child? We're not fucking gorillas. It's incredibly common to not want to adopt if you have the ability to make your own.
>>
>>9590086
Just ask, honestly. If you're concerned about him saying no, make sure you're looking extra cute when you ask. My boyfriend is a sucker for when I'm cute and will buy me little gifts here and there. I do the same for him. It's a good exchange.
>>
>>9590254
>tfw to intellingent
>>
>>9590261
Is this some deep level troll shit?
Humans are literally primates. You can say we're figuratively birds but not literally birds, that's stupid. What you mean probably is humans aren't great apes, but we are indeed primates. A better comparison than birds would be our closest relatives, chimps, who actually practice infanticide very frequently to children who are no their own. They are ruthless fucks who will straight up murder if their mate got the seed of another chimp in them.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1483383568885.jpg (10KB, 480x413px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483383568885.jpg
10KB, 480x413px
>saw a fucking huge spider walking into my closet today

HELP
>>
>>9590329
such cgl-related feel desu
>>
>>9590318
>humans aren't great apes
Fuck, I deleted an important segment while editing.

Humans AREN'T as closely related to gorillas but we are great apes, and are indeed primates.

And really stop using literally in place of figuratively, they are literally opposites of one another.
>>
File: nani.png (1MB, 1023x631px) Image search: [Google]
nani.png
1MB, 1023x631px
>tfw your panel gets an overwhelming response and you're immediately invited to next year's con
>>
>>9590337
I wish I could do more panels, but I'm too busy with artist alley :/
>>
>>9590329
A centipede crawled out if one of my dresses
>>
>>9590318
The human family structure of forming couples that stay together "for life" is very rare among mammals, and much more common in birds. And humans also, just like birds, walk on two legs instead of four, another thing that's rare in mammals. So there is a possibility that humans actually aren't mammals at all, but rather, they are birds.

And humans, gorillas and chimpanzees all have very different family structures despite being closely related. You can't learn that much about human families from studying gorillad or chimpanzees. It makes more sense to study animals with the same types of families as us, such as birds.
>>
>>9590342
I once did a big taobao order and had panties with it. To cut down on shipping costs I had my SS remove all plastic packaging from my order.

I was really nervous about the fit so without even washing I immediately tried the panties. They fit! But then I felt something wigglin inside my no-no. Yelled and immediately pulled them off and looked down to see a centipede crawling in my vagina
>>
>self conscious of teeth
>dont smile and show teeth when taking pics/selfies in cosplay
>wanna get teeth whitened so I can feel a lil bit better about my mouth
>bro says teeth are gonna go yellow again anyway whats the point its genetics
>deflate and just accept I have nasty teeth and dont smile widely in pics

I know they're gonna yellow eventually but dang it feels like a waste of money now..
>>
>>9590393
Ewe it raped u.
>>
>>9590396
Buy a tooth whitening thing from Amazon. Cheap and you can use it again when you need to.
>>
File: coreycantbereal.jpg (39KB, 600x759px) Image search: [Google]
coreycantbereal.jpg
39KB, 600x759px
>>9590393
I refuse to believe this.
>>
File: Centipedes.jpg (34KB, 720x300px) Image search: [Google]
Centipedes.jpg
34KB, 720x300px
>>9590393
>>9590551
It's more likely than you think.
>>
>>9590558
Now that's a vintage meme.
>>
File: dyingnoises.jpg (22KB, 400x477px) Image search: [Google]
dyingnoises.jpg
22KB, 400x477px
>so many girls dressed as the ravioli dragon
>mfw super cute, innocent characters bum me out because I want to protect them

It's such a scary world. The moeblobs of this planet don't stand a chance.
>>
File: 1447043109399.png (151KB, 892x590px) Image search: [Google]
1447043109399.png
151KB, 892x590px
Friendly reminder to make this our safe space and report all male posts
>>
>>9590120
Because he doesn't WANT to you mong. What's she gonna do, duct tape herself to the guy?
>>
>>9590393
I don't believe this story but I have had a few dead flies and mosquitoes in taobao orders
>>
> Tfw want to start wearing toned down Lolita on a regular bases
> Tfw I'm a homebody who rarely leaves house except for work where I can't wear it
> First day off in a while were I'll be leaving the house because I am low on food.
> Don't want to wear Lolita to the dentist because I keep forgetting I have to get a filling today.
> Don't want to wear Lolita when half of my face is going to be numb from the Novocain and puffy, but don't want to waste gas coming home.
> Guess I'll wait and see when I can wear it next. I just want to be cute because it makes me feel better
>>
>>9591001
I just wear it at home
>>
>tfw cat got into fabric stash so now I get to spend an hour lint rolling everything
At least she got into the woollens and velvets rather than the chiffon or silk and didn't irreparably damage anything, but still...

>>9590159
Genetics plays a huge role in personality, at least as much as upbringing if not more. The main reason I (a woman) would personally prefer not to adopt is because there's a high likelihood the kid will take after their birth parents rather than my husband and I, which can lead to all sorts of problems if those birth parents were irresponsible/impulsive/criminal/violent/substance abusers like many people whose children end up being put up for adoption. I'd probably only adopt if I was already familiar with both birth parents and knew that they were decent people. It really sucks for the kids because they can't help who they were born to, but I don't blame anyone for not wanting to adopt some stranger's child.
>>
>>9590184
>if i feel the kid is mine then it must be true!

Anon, humans can hype themselves into falling in love. The feel there then is real and just as self-induced as your body trying to accomodate for you and a fat parasitic growth inside your hips.
>>
>>9590261
>Primates have extremely varied family structures. You can't compare humans to primates. Humans are literally birds, compare them to them.

>Human societies don't have extremely varied family structures, both between and within societies
>humans aren't primates

I died and ended up on Bizarro Earth
>>
>>9591019
>fat parasitic growth inside your hips.
Finally the tumblr anti-baby-brigade showed up.
Took you long enough.
>>
>>9590103
What a shitlord, your body your choice!
>>
>>9590103
anon, you should probably have a serious convo with your bf, and consider if you're emotionally/ economically prepared to have kids and whether or not you even want them. it's ok either way and if he really loves you he'll hear you out. don't feel pressured to do it though, only do it if you're 1,000% sure
>>
>>9591007
Sources?
>>
>>9590109
>18/16
>live with my grandmother
>4 years
>>
>>9591233
wtf please be joking/troll, also underageb&
>>
>>9591234
18 is not underage.
>>
>>9591220
Nayrt but Nature vs Nuture debate. She's wrong in bringing it like a fact tho, it's an old, ongoing discussion in psychology in which both sides have good points. Because both parties have good points, we can't say one is wrong, or one is right, so just go with your believes.
>>
>>9591001
Wear it on the weekends anon.
>>
>>9591284
then the boyfriend is 16 which is even worse and weirder, what the fuck anon
>>
>>9591233
If he is 16, just talk it with him. He is probably insecure because he is younger. Also he is an idiot if he thinks that having the child now is a god idea whatsoever.
>4 years
So you started dating at 14, while he was 12. Wew, that's just impressive.
>>
>Excited for the amazing mes that will be MagWest / Crunchyroll Expo
>Dad calls from east coast and says Mom is getting a hip replacement and I have to be there before and after her surgery
>Surgery is Tues Aug 29 but I would have to fly Saturday so I can be in Nowhere, NY on Sunday when they're taking an 8 hour drive to Virginia to the hospital to be there Monday for pre-op
>Mom is a passive aggressive mess that can only process her frustration and anxiety of her work life and physical pain by making everyone else around her miserable too
>The one big convention I have to look forward to this year is ruined because I have to spend that weekend getting emotionally shat upon by my crippled mother
>Can't say no because I don't want my dad to suffer her alone and my sister has already disowned them

I knew this surgery was coming eventually but I didn't know it would involve an 8 hour road. I already decided to take another semester at community college instead of looking for a job or internship because I knew they won't take me if I suddenly have to leave for a week right after starting.
>>
File: 1431229801939.jpg (93KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1431229801939.jpg
93KB, 400x267px
I'm starting to feel more and more like a lonelita. A falling out with a girl in my "clique" of lolitas has led to me being excluded from all their private meetups and non-lolita events. I don't really see any of my lolita friends as friends anymore, and girls outside of that circle don't bother inviting me to anything either because I work a lot and am not very close with anyone in the comm. I've mentioned to other girls in the past that I'd love to join them for their weekly meets but nothing really came of it and I feel pathetic asking again.
>>
>>9591233
>Pedo girl asking for advice
>>
>>9591409
They've been dating for four years. Romeo and Juliet law, my dude.
>>
>>9591408
I'm sorry to hear that your lolita circle is ghosting you but if you're going to be a lonelita, own up to it. It sounds like you'd much prefer to be in the company of lolitas though. Is there a reason why you can't run your own meets?
>>
>>9591470
You're right, I would much prefer the company of others. I've tried making meets in the past and I'm not very good at event planning. It causes me an insane amount of stress and I've cancelled events last minute because of it.
>>
>>9591451
>They've been dating since he was 12 and she was 14
Still doesn't help anything pedo
>>
>>9591515
That's not pedo at all retard.
>>
>work multiple part time jobs
>get a new part time job at a pharmacy
>goal is to someday be a fulltime tech at the large hospital network in my city, but I need more experience
>"we'll bypass cashier training because you're experienced, also it's parttime but once your availability changes it'll be fulltime"
>change availability for second job to only be nights (I work at a 24/7 grocery store as well)
>usually get 30 hours on nights only, suddenly hours cut
>weird shit involving missing paperwork and I haven't been able to actually get shifts/start my training for the job yet
>finally get the forms I needed
>meet up with the pharmacist, I'm only working 10 hours when I'm able to go back there
>tfw I'm moving next month and conventions coming up

Looks like I need a third job...
>>
>>9591478
>I've cancelled events last minute because of it.
Honestly I bet this contributed more to you getting snubbed and your fallout with the one girl was more just the straw that broke the camel's back.
>>
>>9591007
>Genetics plays a huge role in personality,
But still not the majority role, there's still a lot of doubt if there's a biological root to personality, even with epigenetic findings that suggest some lifetime experiences of parents can be 'transmitted' to offspring to influence behaviour but nurture aspects of development are still a massive influence- shouldn't put people off adopting.

Sage for off topic
>>
>>9591617
That's possible, thought I only began making events after being ghosted by the group to begin with, as an attempt to reach out with other members of the community. I recognize that I'm at fault for that and event anxiety is a really bad quality to have
>>
>>9591628
Announcing sage is grounds for a ban btw
>>
>>9591600
>work multiple part time jobs
>get a new job
>need a third job
soo you were working multiple jobs when you got the pharmacy job, but after you had that job you now need a third job, meaning you only had one job before the pharmacy. How is that multiple?
>>
>>9591302
>>9591628
I was mostly talking about things like impulse control and addiction sensitivity, which are very basic brain functions that have been shown to have a strong hereditary component in many animals, including humans (can't be assed to look up sources on my phone, sorry).
People with low impulse control are more likely to be aggressive and make poor choices. Poor, irresponsible choices like getting pregnant with a child they can't take care of so they end up in the adoption circuit. Teenage pregnancy, criminal behavior, unnecessary risk-taking, lack of long-term planning, substance abuse etc. These are all things that show a strong intergenerational component and run in families, even when some of the kids are raised by decent grandparents or in-laws. If I were going to adopt a child I'd want to know exactly why that child's parents and their extended family were deemed unable to raise it themselves.
>>
File: trumptriggered.jpg (50KB, 216x250px) Image search: [Google]
trumptriggered.jpg
50KB, 216x250px
TFW every guy at the con wants to stick it in your little sister
>>
>>9591697
>not wanting to doubleteam your little sister with a stranger

You gay son?
>>
>>9591697
You're not Cousin Teejay, are you? >>9591276
>>
>>9591396
Dump her ass anon. She isnt worth it, let this be the wakeup for her of how toxic she is to the family.
>>
>>9591742
Cousin Teejay isn't into that kind of thing anymore, at least not since he got out.
Prison changed him. He's a new...man, now, with new values and a new...outlook on life. He's changed, he's happy, and he's learned to express his anger in new...appropriate ways.
>>
>>9591816
He's also learned to express his anger in new nightclub venues apparently.
>>
>>9591820
Your kink isn't my kink, but your kink is completely incomprehensible apparently.
>>
>>9591396
Anon, dont be a slave to your family like this. Please be frank with your father and let him know that you have an important event you have been planning for and looking forward to, and do no wish to spend it catering to the whim of your mother's toxicity. Please stand up for yourself. It is unreasonable for your mother tod demand you take time to travel across the country on exactly her terms. You visit her whenever the hell you damn please, not when she says you should. I understand you feel for your father, but he's a grown man and can deal with the person he chose to spend his life with himself.

I could understand your situation if you lived with your parents, but considering you're independently living on the opposite coast of them, I'd say you'll be just fine. You can always visit the next weekend.
>>
File: IMG_6477.jpg (72KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6477.jpg
72KB, 500x565px
I just weighed myself and I've gained almost 20lbs. I don't even know where this weight is going to. I'm scared soon I won't be able to fit any of my dresses. How do I stop being a fatty gulls?
>>
>>9591867
it's pretty easy once you gain some sense of self-awareness anon. don't eat when you're not hungry, eat when you are. stop eating when you're not hungry any more. and don't confuse hunger with boredom or desire.

once i realized all of these things i started eating half of what i used to eat and it's stuck with me for years. have some self control.
>>
File: 66scale.jpg (86KB, 790x772px) Image search: [Google]
66scale.jpg
86KB, 790x772px
>tfw the line between cosplayer and pornstar gets thinner every day

>>9591867
You're prob going to get mean comments, anon, but you can fix this. It's as simple as counting calories. Use an app like MyFitnessPal. It's free.
>>
File: TFWNOUJIBF.jpg (105KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
TFWNOUJIBF.jpg
105KB, 720x1280px
tfwn ouji bf
>>
>>9591867
Count calories and eat less. It's that easy.
>>
>>9591888
>>9591867
Be careful about calorie counting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6J5jxi84o

Really, just stay away from sugar. Drink only water. It's okay to eat fatty foods in moderation, snack less, eat fiber rich foods since those will make you feel "full" for longer because they take longer to digest. Brown rice is good for that, but don't overstuff on it because it's also easy to overdo eating carbs.

Weight gain is tricky but at the same time not tricky. Misinformation makes it a bitch, food marketers want to just use buzzwords to shovel their products down your throat, and genetics play a role in how difficult or easy it is to gain and lose weight.

Best way is really to cut sugar, don't snack (hard if your body is used to eating a lot), and when you actually eat meals make sure it's a complete meal so your body gets all the nutrients it needs. No eating just fucking pasta and a steak - make sure you get your fucking greens in there or your body will crave eating more of something else to make up for the lack of nutrients it has.
>>
>>9591893
Why does men's j-fash loo so retarded?
>>
>Tfw at megameet
>Tfw book reading retard paid $15 to sit and be a fag
>Tfw gonna kill him
>>
File: mikuarrest.jpg (26KB, 468x314px) Image search: [Google]
mikuarrest.jpg
26KB, 468x314px
Why are unremarkable fat girls getting so much Patreon money?

As an unremarkable fat girl, I need to know.
>>
>>9591893
>>9591918
Napoleon-kei.
>>
Not to trigger anyone, but nuclear holocaust aside, if this thing with North Korea plays out non-violently and there's strict trade sanctions against China in connection, what do we stand to lose as niche hobbyists?
I'm assuming AliExpress/Taobao will die?
I'm saying this to avoid ruminating about dying in a fiery ball of nuclear death you understand.
>>
File: 1499900797687.png (142KB, 376x324px) Image search: [Google]
1499900797687.png
142KB, 376x324px
>>9591938
Don't worry!
If we get in a nuclear blast, you want to be in the fiery nuclear death part of it! Because then you won't even realize when you die. It'll be so sudden that you can be typing a shitpost on 4chan one moment and then simply not exist the next! You won't have anything to regret, any fears, no worries, because you're just POOF. I want to go out that way. Just one moment there and unsuspectingly not the next.
>>
File: IMG_6480.gif (456KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6480.gif
456KB, 600x573px
>>9591876
>>9591888
>>9591903
>>9591906
Thanks anons, after calming down a bit I realized that my sugar intake is far too much and I need to cut down drastically. I didn't expect to get actual answers and really appreciate it.
Starting today no more sweets or snacks and back to the gym!
>>
>>9591867
>>9591962
Try having a sweet piece of fruit like a nectarine or fresh cherries instead of something more dessert-y or confection-y when you crave something sweet.
Also try cutting out soda entirely and replacing it with fruit-infused water.
>>
>>9591924
I'll tell you but first you have to be my gf
>>
>>9591979
What do when I crave cheeseburgers?

PLZ HELP ME FAT
>>
>>9591998
I'm tempted to say plan to have one set fast food meal a week, and no more. Then plan some calorie-burning around it, like plan to walk two or more laps of a local mall and then pick up your meal afterwards. Park far away from the door so you get extra walking distance too.
>>
File: 2mH5YCf.jpg (87KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
2mH5YCf.jpg
87KB, 700x520px
>Meet a cute girl a few months ago as a convention
>Conveniently be cosplaying two shipped characters and we're both single
>Talk after the con online, she's super forward and showing obvious interest
>Meet up one day, hang out, everything goes well, we both agree we're a thing but not quite going out
>She starts talking about cosplaying the ship again and taking tons of cute/couple-y pictures at a con together in August
>I start planning my line up around hers, go out of my way to cosplay her husbando, getting excited for my first ever couple cosplay
>Mid July says she can't fit the character into her line-up despite doing 8 characters over the weekend
>End of July, pick ups a character from a series she's never seen before and is doing a ship cosplay with someone else
>Last weekend, ignores me for most of it to catch up on the manga so she doesn't look like an idiot at the con this week
>2 days away from the con now and no more couple cosplay or even hanging out at the con together

On one hand, shit really sucks and I'm super bummed out about how it turned out, but on another level I'm kinda glad this happened, since being ignored and not having the effort reciprocated was worse. Going to cross my fingers for meeting someone nice this weekend.
>>
>>9591998
Burgers aren't really terrible for you. Make them at home and use lean beef, skip the bun if you have to, load up on veggies.
>>
>>9592055
Or use crispy wheat toast for a bun. Or try lettuce wrap burgers.
>>
>>9591998
Literally just eat a cheese burger.
Bread, 100-200 calories.
Beef patties, lean, 180-230 calories.
Cheese like pepper jack, swiss, Gouda, 90-100 calories a slice.
Add lettuce, tomatoes, and mustard(0 cals).

Easy meal.
>>
>>9592077
>Add lettuce, tomatoes, and mustard(0 cals).
Lol what. Sorry to tell you, but that is not zero calories. I'm >>9592055 and agree that burgers can be okay to eat, but don't give advice that is false.
>>
>>9592080
I meant just mustard is 0 cals.
Lettuce is practically fucking nothing and a tomato slice will be pretty low.
>>
File: 1500500903085.jpg (38KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1500500903085.jpg
38KB, 500x376px
>>9591979
Burgers aren't bad for you really, in moderation. People seriously put the blame on the wrong things because of bad science and pop food marketing. Fat is good for you. It'd be better to call them lipids, and they're an essential part of your diet that your body will overeat to compensate for if you cut down too much on it. Obviously it doesn't mean eat a just burgers - everything is bad for you if you overdo it. The key to a good diet is BALANCE. Too many people try cutting too much and their body fails on them, then they wonder why they lose 10 pounds in two weeks but then gain 20 the next when their body doesn't agree with the dietary change.

Moderation and balance. Sugar is the real fat maker here, not fat (lipids). Your body also needs sugars, but most of our diets have WAY more sugar than we need because it's so damn tasty to us that we overload everything with it. Like another anon said - go with eating a sweet fruit if you have sugar cravings. There's absolutely no excuse for soft drinks, cut them entirely caus it's really easy to overdo your sugar intake with just a single soda bottle. Sugar is a real fat maker because your liver will convert all excess sugar into body fat, that's part of its job in your body after all.

DO NOT drink fruit juice! Juice your veggies and eat your fruits. When you juice fruits all you are doing is just shredding away the fiber and most of the meaty nutrient rich parts of the fruit and breaking it down into sugar water.

The more you eat in balance, the easier it will be to maintain that balance because your body will be getting what it needs. Food pyramid is shit, but you should definitely make sure you get your fruits, veggies, nuts and grains.

Losing weight is more about what you eat and less about the gym; though it does help! But the is mostly won at the dinner table.
>>
>>9592083
It will probably be something like 40-50 calories for the lettuce, mustard, and tomato combined. You should still count it.

This is how people start to underestimate their calories for the day.
>>
>>9592087
An entire tomato is 20-30 cals and an entire head of lettuce is 50 cals.
Safe to say 1 leaf and a slice of totos is fucking nothing.

And mustard is 0 calories, you don't need to count it. But yes always overestimate your calories and calculate TDEE as sedentary.
>>
>>9592085
>DO NOT drink fruit juice! Juice your veggies and eat your fruits. When you juice fruits all you are doing is just shredding away the fiber and most of the meaty nutrient rich parts of the fruit and breaking it down into sugar water.

What about smoothies?

>>9592090
I'm not seeing mustard as 0 calories anywhere, but maybe it's dependent on the brand you buy. Same for what you're using as lettuce.

Iceberg lettuce is crap anyway.
>>
>>9590171
I'm a person who believes in this but you must understand that's not the sentiment everyone will have.
>>
File: JI3twEY_d.jpg (101KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
JI3twEY_d.jpg
101KB, 640x853px
>>9592095
Mustard is "technically" 0 calories. Meaning it's less than .5 or whatever the FDA approved. It's like pickles where ya there is like maybe 1-2 calories the entire thing but you don't need to count it.
>>
File: DEHeE9UUwAAghn7.jpg (28KB, 870x864px) Image search: [Google]
DEHeE9UUwAAghn7.jpg
28KB, 870x864px
>>9592085
Also stay the fuck away from fat-free and low-fat foods. Like I said in this post, fat is fine to have; but the ironic part is that fat-free and low-fat foods taste HORRIBLE and so manufacturers just dump tons of sugar into it so that it becomes somewhat palatable. There's a direct correlation between an increase in obesity in America and when the government recommended fat free diets in the 80's.

>>9592095
Depends. That strawberry banana smoothie that tastes delicious? Probably not. The kale, spinach, almond butter, tomato smoothie (notice how tomato is the only fruit)? Yea, that's fine, in moderation. Most fruit smoothies will be bad for you because they're made to taste good, and taste good because of all the sugar.

>>9592100
This goes back to the video I posted earlier about calories being bullshit. I encourage more people to see it. Calories can be an okay estimate but it's almost mostly a waste of time to swear your whole diet on calorie counts because there's a high chance it'll be wrong. Just train your body to eat balanced, don't eat if you aren't hungry (this means snacking as well), and stick with drinking water (or fruit infused water as an anon said earlier, but make it yourself because we know damn well that the kind you get that's bottled will almost certainly have extra sugar added for taste).
>>
>>9592114
Calories aren't bullshit, you just need to be super accurate. I've lost 100lbs counting accurately.
>>
>>9591962
Just another tidbit anon, if you do decide to have a bit of sugar, be careful you don't have it with protein, that combo can make you create and store a lot of fat. As the other anons have said, cut out junk foods and get your sugar cravings from fruit and eat lots of dark greens and count your calories!
>>
File: 1487955264378.jpg (122KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1487955264378.jpg
122KB, 960x1280px
>>9592114
Reminder that drinking water exclusively is also a good way to save money. Some people are surprised by how much they spend on drinks when they could just drink water. This is especially true if your town or city has good tap water (please do your research!) A lot of the negative flak tap water gets comes from good marketing of companies pushing their water bottles.

>>9592124
Perhaps "bullshit" was too harsh. It's decent for getting estimates but what I mean is that your time is better spent learning to eat properly than obsessing over arbitrary numbers that manufacturers can and frequently get away with pretty much making up based on faulty data.

Like maybe at the start of your diet, just keep an eye out for how much you eat and also look into a calculator that can estimate your caloric needs based on your unique body type (which will still be off because everyone's body is different, but again this whole thing is estimates on top of estimates on top of estimates).

Restaurants? Those calories will be wrong. Packaged goods? Those will be wrong. You may thing "oh, it can just be off by maybe 100 calories" but it adds up when EVERYTHING you eat has that margin of error.

That's why it's just much more effective to learn proper eating habits and how to tune your body to only eat when its hungry and get all the nutrients it needs so it lessens cravings. There is no "super accurate" when it comes to calories because manufacturers give zero shits about being "super accurate" with their packaging (and the FDA lets them). Eating to match your proper caloric requirements comes naturally when your body is trained to tell you exactly when it's REALLY hungry and you know what to put inside of it.

Tl;dr - I was maybe too harsh with "bullshit" but it's just not as reliable as most people believe.
>>
>>9592147
Just adding that a daily calorie intake equation popular with nutritionists is the Mifflin-St. Jeor Equation for anyone looking for a basic guideline to help them get started.
>>
>>9592129
>if you do decide to have a bit of sugar, be careful you don't have it with protein,

More about this? I eat protein bars and they have sort of a shitty amount of sugar in them. I'm not overweight by any means but I like to eat them because they fill me up. Also, I sometimes add protein powder to my smoothies and I know that the fruits in my smoothies have sugar in them.
>>
File: DELADrTU0AQIQAu.jpg (296KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DELADrTU0AQIQAu.jpg
296KB, 2048x2048px
Oh, also want to add something about salads! So, we all know salads are pretty much known as the "health" food right? Wanna eat healthy? Order a salad! It's simple, right!?

Here's the thing: iceberg lettuce (which is commonly used in salads because it's cheap) is mostly water. Don't get me wrong, it's still nice to eat and has good nutrients, but it's very little! Salads that consist of like one diced tomato and some lettuce isn't really going to fill you up. Most people actually just get full from all the dressing they slather over it (don't do this!)

To make a proper salad, go for deep green leaves like spinach or kale! Romaine lettuce is fine too, but it isn't THAT much of an upgrade from iceberg. Lettuce isn't bad for you, it's just not the best choice to go for in salads and will almost certainly leave you hungry still after your "meal."

Also sorry for turning feels thread into weight loss thread. Just kinda wanted to lay down some info for my fellow gulls from someone who averages at about 115 pounds.

>>9592177
Not that anon, and I've never really heard much of the effects of sugar and protein combined; but if you're not overweight or in danger of being overweight then I'd say you don't really have anything to worry about. You could probably get a healthier diet if you completely dropped the protein bars for something else but I'd imagine you do it for the comfort of essentially having a quick pocket meal. I used to walk around with boiled eggs in my pockets to snack on whenever.
>>
File: 1483989865454.png (32KB, 213x214px) Image search: [Google]
1483989865454.png
32KB, 213x214px
>>9589843
And you didn't use the chance to drop an extra large bomb
>>
My gf broke up with me last week. She told me that I need to get therapy and a boob job.

I guess either she didn't like lolita or I have problems that have manifested.
>>
File: 1464745084032.jpg (1MB, 2264x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1464745084032.jpg
1MB, 2264x1695px
>Finally get boyfriend who's into jfash
>He encourages me to do my fairy kei thing I've always been too self conscious to do
>Find out his ex was into fairy kei
>Find her insta
>She's a gorgeous little angel
>Don't feel like wearing anymore because I could never match up to her
>The reason he broke up with her is because they had little in common
>Feel like he's only dating me for my personality because I'm so fucking ugly and have an ED that makes me look like a fucking broom
>>
>>9590061
Good luck anon! I wish you the best in your journey!
>>
>>9592250
>feel like he's only dating me for my personality
anon.. that's not a bad thing! That's what most of us want in a relationship. But if you're really worried, the majority of people admit that they have to be at least somewhat physically attracted to someone to want to date them. I bet he thinks you're a qt!
>>
>>9590086
Why can't you buy it? I bought that game for under $10 and it's only ~$20 right now. It was worth skipping one or two dinner night out.
>>
File: want2die.png (113KB, 458x347px) Image search: [Google]
want2die.png
113KB, 458x347px
I just turned 24 recently and realized the only thing that fills the empty void in my soul is cosplaying and conventions. I have nothing else in my life, all my friends are successful or on the road to success and in happy relationships. I feel like a complete failure and I don't know how to fix it or what to do or who to turn to.

I'm pretty ready to commit suicide in a few years if my life continues on this way. Lately I've been thinking about how much better it would have been if I'd have never been born at all.
>>
>>9589797
I'm so bummed right now. I've been pretty much unactive as a Lolita, because I last year I started my own small company and I have time for nothing and I'm also studying a second carrer at uni at nights, so my life is a rollercoaster. But I still love Lolita so much. However I'm getting older (I'm 27 now) and all my friends have quit Lolita. In my country, there are mostly only itas and weirdos, we have no comm and I just feel so lonely. I'm also getting so insecure about my body. I feel like now that I'm older, Lolita just looks so silly on me. I wear classic, so at least I don't look ridiculous, but.... I don't know. I've always felt too big for Lolita anyways, I'd tried to overcome my insecurities but I'm just... big I guess. I'm 1.79 cm tall and I wear size US 12 shoes, and I can't for my life seem to get down to below 70 kilos, that's my absolute lowest. I try real hard to eat healthy. I really really have no time to exercice, I know this sounds like a dumb excuse but really, I can't find time for it. My day starts at 7 am when I wake up and get ready. My company is home-based and I employ a small team of 3 people, they work from an office me and my family have made at our house. I start work at around 8. My days are pretty hectic because I have to wear many different hats as an entrepreneur. The most difficult part is to get clients, I have so many meetings and pitchings. If I'm not at a meeting, I'm with the team working on client work. I try to stop working at around 6 pm to rush to Uni, that starts at 7 pm till 11 pm. I get home exhausted. On weekends, I have to study. So there really is no time for exercise, or at least I don't have the strength t meake time for it.
tl,dr: I feel big, fat, old and alone. I have noone to talk to. All my friends have left Lolita. Whenever I wear my frills I'm so happy, but then realiity kicks in. I hope I can make some friends here, at least so I can get some stuff off of my chest and chat with like minded people.
>>
>>9592250
so you're not only ugly...but you're creepy, insecure, and ugly.

sounds like a catch!
>>
>>9592012
I'm sorry anon, that sounds real shitty. My mom always says "things happen for a reason". I'm absolutely positive this happening is for the best of you. I really hope you can find someone to do a couple cosplay in the future and have fun! I also hope you meet some real nice people this weekend too. Whom will you be cosplaying?
>>
>>9592347
dude same
I want to kill myself mostly dept/ never going anywhere.
>>
>>9591651
In the US, impulse control and addiction issues in the poor are mostly kept low and high by poisoning them with heavy metals and other enviromental hazards.
It's not genetic, unless you propose that genes force the upper class of Anglos to poison the lower classes.
>>
>>9592396

What the fuck did I just read
>>
>>9590205
>>9592288
Thank you both so much!!

>>9592250
Anon, I'm sure you'd look super cute! He's probably encouraging you for a reason! I don't really think it would be because of his ex.

>>9592347
Make some new friends who are also into cosplaying and conventions!
>>
>>9592358
Anon, I felt that after retraining at 28. I got lucky & was thrown in at the deep end, I had a group of 20 people to wrangle & it just felt easier to dress normie smart & feminine, Lolita didn't feel right. Then 5 years later my life changed & I picked up Lolita again.
>>
How far can you go when fooling around with a friend before it would be considered gay?
Asking for a friend.
>>
>>9592444
Who cares? My friend sucked my dick and neither of us are gay.
>>
>>9592454
I wish being male was a bannable offense on /cgl/...
>>
>>9592463
Excuse you, I'm female you shitlord. So is my friend.
>>
>>9592463
>gulls who browse this board will screech up and down that /cgl/ definitely isn't /r9k/'s female equivalent when they post stuff like this

Loving every laugh
>>
>>9592397
The ramblings of someone with heavy metal poisoning, would be my guess.
>>
>>9592347
May be helpful, but I ironically find relief in keeping a helium tank and exit kit in my closet. It makes me feel like "no matter how bad life gets, I'm the master of my own suffering and can escape any time I want."

Since getting it, life's downs are easier to deal with. The downside is feeling like I have nothing to look forward to and lack the motivation to improve myself or learn new skills because "I could die next month so the effort would be wasted."
>>
File: images-190.jpg (18KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
images-190.jpg
18KB, 332x443px
>>9592347
>>9592540

I enjoyed reading both of your posts in kind of a bitter sweet way

I'll share a complicated feel for you guys, if you stay alive I may share another

>get phone call at work from friends sister
>I know she's got a huge crush on me and that she got into Lolita fashion because of me
>I'm not gay but it's kinda flattering
>she's super distressed and sounds like she's crying
>she wants me to come and pick her up from the local mall
>I'm thinking this is going to end with her brother and I digging a hole in the forrest at night
>get to mall, she's crying in a bathroom, wait outside stall...

>she opens the door...

>she was wearing full Lolita complete with bonnet and moustache

>she tried to cover up her moustache with concealer but it just made everything so much worse
>kids had been calling her a tranny
>I take her home and she starts to cheer up and gets a bit flirty
>she also mentions that she thinks that her hormones started acting up because she started taking the pill....
>.....
>...
>.
>wait what?! I don't have any reaction for this, am I just sport for you? are you just some bi loli-lolita who thinks she can have everyone? Do you flirt this way with everyone?

Fuck I still don't know how to feel about all this
Life is complicated I guess
>>
File: 1408455020999.png (271KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1408455020999.png
271KB, 720x540px
>/fit/ shitposters are the goddamn worst
>becoming less and less attracted to muscular guys because of it

I'm in cali and its swarming with DYEL types. Couldn't be more turned off at this point, a good 80% of those fucks are probably working out to make up for their shit personality
>>
>>9592564
I know that feel
It's like you can tell when we get posted on another board because we get a swarm of new shitty threads and off topic shit. Seems like in the last week or so we got posted on pol, fit, and r9k
>>
>>9592363
Thanks for the support anon, I really appreciate it. Initially I was pretty sad about it as well as bitter, but by this point I've had enough time to push away the feelings to be able to enjoy myself this coming weekend. I'm hoping for the same thing though, since meeting at least one special person would be nice!
As far as who I'll be cosplaying (although some you may not be familiar with), my line up is going to be Johan Liebert from Monster, Waver Velvet from Fate/Zero, Major Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid 3, and Gundham Tanaka from Danganronpa 2. I'll be changing a few times over the weekend, so I'll be fairly active at least.
>>
>>9591639
I had quit the other one for the pharmacy job. It was a job as a delivery driver at a sub shop I used to manage.
>>
>>9592454
>sucked my dick
>female
Why are you so angry?
>>
>>9592429
Wow! I'd love to hear more, are you a lone Lolita now, or do you frequent your comm? Are you sometimes worried about what people might say because you are "older"? How did your life change and what got you back into Lolita? How often do you wear it now? Do you wear it only for events, or do you also wear it for personal stuff like dates, dinner or going out to town? I'm sorry for all these questions, I'm just really curious and also happy to hear I'm not the only one. Mid life crisis I guess.

I won't give up then. I'll keep ocassionally buying stuff according to muy (currently small) budget and I'll keep active on forums and such. I miss the days when I was employed in an Agency and earned a decen salary so I could blow a lot on it on Lolita. As I make my own income now and have to pay for uni, there's hardly any left most months.

Just wish I had some people to talk to on a regular basis. Any recs on where to meet likeminded people on the interwebs and not coming off as a creppy old lady who needs friends? I guess my poor english doesn't help at all, too.
>>
>>9592695
What's the problem?
>>
>>9590103
>bf
Do not have kids with him. No bling no babies; kids are a huge commitment and if he can't commit to you I wouldn't trust him to have offspring.
>>9591233
On second thought, run
What the actual fuck is he thinking you need to get out of there stat if he thinks this is a good idea
>>9591045
...that's what they are though. At least until they can survive on their own outside the womb. Have you never taken a developmental biology class anon? Human fetuses fuck shit up
>>
>>9592666
Anon, that sound great! I'm really happy for you. It sounds like you are going to have a blast. Rooting for you!
>>
File: trapped.jpg (12KB, 495x414px) Image search: [Google]
trapped.jpg
12KB, 495x414px
>>9592463
>assuming that having a penis makes you male
>>
>>9592555
>moustache
wait what
is the sister a man
is this some kind of copypasta I'm not familiar with
I'm confused
>>
>>9592722
is this bait
>>
>>9592723
It feels like bait to me. Starts with
>she's into me but I'm not gay, no interested
and then ends with
>omg how dare you be into anyone but me, the nerve!
>>
>>9592480
>I wish men weren't allowed in our space, they make me uncomfortable
>I wish women would die

same thing
>>
I took my JetJ dress to 3 alteration places and they said they could not alter it. They said there's not enough material that I could fit into the dress.

I feel fat /cgl/ and I'm underweight.
>>
>>9592790
Your space??
>>
>>9592794
What dress is it?
>>
File: 151.jpg (76KB, 664x764px) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
76KB, 664x764px
>>9592790
>our space
Poor baby.
>>
File: 1490009787852.jpg (8KB, 228x222px) Image search: [Google]
1490009787852.jpg
8KB, 228x222px
>>9592790
>dump his ass
>who /sugar daddy/ here?
>IGNORE MALE POSTERS

>that bitch just friendzoned me
>all women are fucking whores
>ROASTIES OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>9592798
La Robe d'Anne-Marie
>>
File: tumblr_nts3famNIZ1rej302o4_400.gif (785KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nts3famNIZ1rej302o4_400.gif
785KB, 400x299px
>quit shitty job after it made me stressed to the point where I became physically sick constantly and gained weight
>not chubby or anything, but it doesn't feel good at all
>the job grind is also hitting my self confidence
>the only thing slightly motivating me now is cosplay and looking at jfash
>at the same time i'd feel irresponsible if I participated in either without a job to back it up
I just want some stability and to feel content.
>>
>me, 95 pounds 5'2". boyfriend well over twice my weight at 5'7".
>goes on buffet style cruise for a week and gains 5 pounds.
my boyfriend has been yelling at me to loose the weight I gained for days now, telling me I'll no longer fit into lolita and whatever. is it wrong that I really don't want to hear it from him of all people?
>>
>>9592812
>taking personal image advice from a literal manlet

Time to dump his ass
>>
>>9592794
I feel you anon, JetJ is extremly small. I don't fit a cutsew in size 1 i bought from them and it was so expensive, I'll never be able to sell it because I live in the middle on nowhere and no Lolitas here and Intl. shipping is so expensive.
I hate this about classic brands, I'm a classic Lolita and I only fit into IW and JetJ size 2. I'll never be able to buy VM or MM dresses, except for some very few shirred pieces. Rose Flocky is the only VM dress I own. No MM. Marie Antoinette is my ultimate DD and my fat ass will never fit into it. Fuck.
On another note, about alterations: If the dress has waistties, they can use material from there. Also if it has detachable bows or stuff. I have once altered a non-shirred sailor OP from AP by adding two panels of very similar colored fabric at the side seams on the waist and bust. I've sold it a couple years ago, but I'll try to find pictures to show you. At first I was terrified at my semastresses suggestion, but decided to go for it. The alteration was so well made it was barely noticable. Because it was two strips of pretty thin fabric at the waist, it hits just where my arms are normally laying against my torso, so it was very subtle. Maybe try that? Let me know how yo do plan on fixin it!
>>
>>9592812
Dump his ass. Not because he is a manlet, but because he seems like a douche.
>>
>>9592812
I doubt five pounds is going to make your dresses burst at the seam. Your boyfriend sounds like a jerk anon.
>>
>>9592810
>quitting before finding another job
Never do this.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1920x1080px
>>9592812
>twice my weight at 5'7"
>5'7"

when will they ever learn
>>
>>9592564
Gimme your lunch money, nerd
>>
>Usually check for lolita items while at work
>Home sick from work today
>Check Closet Child when I wake up hours later than normal
>Dress I have wanted in the cut and colorway I want posted and sold out while I was asleep for half of what it seems to go for anywhere else
>Feel depressed while sick in bed the rest of the day

Also:
>birthday was Monday
>haven't bought any new frills in over 5+ years due to financial restrictions
>Finally have available funds for dresses
>Can't find anything I really want or it gets sold before I find it.
>>
File: funnycatcomics3jpgg.png (23KB, 317x282px) Image search: [Google]
funnycatcomics3jpgg.png
23KB, 317x282px
>>9591233
What the FUCK.
>>9592849
This. Now you'll probably lose that weight you gained once you run out of money.
>>9592812
>Boyfriend has been yelling at me
Fucking dump his whiny ass projecting his own insecurities on you.
>>9593065
Happy late birthday anon! I hope you can find it next time!
>>
File: loligiggs.jpg (20KB, 373x446px) Image search: [Google]
loligiggs.jpg
20KB, 373x446px
>big brother gets a new gf
>"You'd like her. She's a loli, too."
>he starts spending all of his time with her
>starting to get REALLY jealous
>finally see a pic of her
>mfw she's a fat ita
I had nothing to worry about.
>>
>>9593155
You're not upset your brother is a beta who settles for fatties? Send him to /fit/ pls
>>
>>9593155
>>he starts spending all of his time with her
>>starting to get REALLY jealous

Do you have a big brother complex?
>>
>>9593164
>calls herself "a loli"
Do you even have to ask?
>>
>>9593155
Sorry about your incest
>>
>>9593155
It's ok I can be you onii-chan now
>>
>>9593185
More like her lack thereof.
>>
>>9591760
Oh my god anon
>>
File: tumblr_nt5bi062zO1siy5kjo2_500.jpg (11KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt5bi062zO1siy5kjo2_500.jpg
11KB, 500x230px
>haven't sewed in years
>making a simple pleated skirt
>forget to add enough seam allowance for zipper
>forgetting the most basic bullshit with my machine
>I don't have time to redo it

I feel like a newbie again.
>>
File: asscryed.jpg (252KB, 644x660px) Image search: [Google]
asscryed.jpg
252KB, 644x660px
smelled a huge fart at macdonalds today it was awful
>>
>>9593283
such cgl related feel desu
>>
>>9593308
Farting is pretty ita
>>
>>9593312
>have a crush on a girl in my little sister's comm
>try to get her interest
>in the process, learn that she sometimes releases smelly air from her anus
Disgusting. Can't believe I liked her.
>>
>mom has always been curious about what a con is like
>decide to take her, buy her a ticket for mother's day
>she goes out to smoke and i'm sitting with a bunch of other cosplayers while i wait for her
>she comes back, sits for a bit and they just look at her, get up and leave
>we shrug it off, she sits and i go to take more pictures, when i'm away they came up to her and belittled her and the like
>hear mom yelling so ofc I turn and see her with said people, she's crying and they are just staring at her
>turns out they got up and left because of her, they didn't feel comfortable with 'someone old and not in cosplay' and that 'it wasn't part of their crowd and they didn't mean to offend her' but have the nerve to go up to her and say this
>have to deal with the last three days of them just giving her the stink eye, including me, telling other cosplayers how horrible we are, etc.
>'perfect' con experience for her, feel terrible, didn't know what to do cause I drove 13 hours for her to go
>finally get home and have the said cosplayers have found me and asked what our 'problem' was.

was just.. horrible and they were upper 20s, one was even a cosplayer my mom's age.
>>
>>9593356
which con anon?
>>
File: 1484407456746.jpg (204KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1484407456746.jpg
204KB, 900x973px
>>9593356
what fucking awful people. i don't even have words for this, people not letting you share something you love with someone you love. this pisses me off so much, and i love my mother to death.

how did you not tell them off immediately? i don't care how good of friends you are, they sound fucking awful and pretentious as fuck. they deserve to get hit by a fucking car.

this really made me upset, i am so sorry for you mom and i hope she has a better con experience and that it didn't discourage her from anymore cons.
>>
>>9593356
Fucking bitches!
>>
>>9593368
>>9593371
>>9593374

Was Otakuthon.

I was going to, but my mom grabbed my arm and dragged me away crying. I did bitch them out on facebook but meh. I wanted it to be special for her not like being made fun of because she wasn't dressed up.
>>
>>9593377
Did she have a decent con aside from those kids??
>>
>>9593379

she did~. She loved IA! she wants to go again next year. two girls stood up for her and she became friends with them.but i didn't want to leave her after that.. so i skipped all my autographs/panels/etc because I mean seriously.
>>
>started off as a good day
>bought flight ticket to con I been looking forward to all year.
>family wants to spend time with me tonight.
>of course involves drinking
>brought up my interest in cycling after hearing about my professors interest and my own for a couple years
>dad all of a sudden brings up my weight
>average weight. Only chubby in face.
>emotions overtake me so I take home early trying to hide how upset I was, incident reminded me when I was a teen and he called me chubby seeing me go swimming.
>entire good mood killed
>don't want to cycle now as he would think I'm trying to lose weight off of his idea and not my previous interest.
>>
>looking at pictures of Disney World
>almost in tears because I want to take my con crush there, but she lives too far away to even ask her out, much less become a couple

This sucks. I can't even work up the spine to ask if she wants to be friends on Facebook. (We're Instagram friends)
>>
>>9593235
Sorry, anon. That photo gets me giggling.
There's so many unanswered questions and the replies just kill me.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n9lf3eXwxK1r5c2ps.jpg (246KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n9lf3eXwxK1r5c2ps.jpg
246KB, 500x400px
>Convention planning with my newer group of friends
>con lands on my birthday, super excited
(I've known them 3 years, they've known eachother for 5+ years)
>get kicked out of hotel room because suddenly one dude decides he wants to go and says I'd be fine driving 3 hours two and from the con every day
(I have very complex cosplay and needed a hotel room to change)
>everyone decides to kick me out for him last minute even though I've been planning with them for months
wtf
>ask why the hell they're pandering to him so hard
>they tell me they are easier on him because "he has aspergers"

>mfw I also have aspergers and they know this
>mfw they're literally kicking me out for my birthday
>>
>>9590047
>dating someone who streams
pffft
>>
>>9591867
Keep track of EVERYTHING you eat in a food diary like MFP or a similar app, and include anything sugary you might be drinking like soda/Starbucks/tea. It could be something as simple as you've been drinking something high in calories without really thinking about it or you're munching on more snacks than you think, however if nothing has changed and you've suddenly been putting on weight you may want to talk to your doc to make sure everything is up to snuff.
It could also be a change you didn't really think of that's impacted how active you are. I gained weight when I switched from being a commuter to my uni to living in campus because I was walking way less, and now I'm losing weight with a new waitressing job because it's so physically active. When big things happen in our lives like new jobs, uni, moving, traveling, we don't always think how it'll affect our health, so I'm sure if you poke around a bit you'll figure out why you've gained weight and easily remedy it.
>>
>>9593356
Sort of reminds me of the time I went to a con with my mom. It was after con hours so we decided to head down to the hotel bar, maybe find something to eat. She was really excited to experience the con and bought a badge and everything, but we got there pretty late so there was nothing really to do.
>bar is dimly lit
>some (probably drunk) asshole sitting there
>oh man I sure would like to fuck you
>are you two mommy and daughter?
>I would fuck you both
>guy keeps chanting it over and over
>mfw at a loss at what to do
>bartender does nothing either
>end up dragging my mom out of there
>she asks me if this usually happens at cons
If I could have sunk into the Earth, I would have.
>>
File: thongdiaper.jpg (271KB, 568x535px) Image search: [Google]
thongdiaper.jpg
271KB, 568x535px
If post-tea-party wrestling is going to be a thing, we need to lay some ground rules.

First off, no groin hits. My vagina is bruised as shit thanks to you chucklefucks.

Second, no bodyline.
>>
File: lulucoworry.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
lulucoworry.gif
140KB, 379x440px
My tea parties got wet in a puddle.

Filled them with rice to prevent mold. PRAYING.
>>
I head off to my new full-time in about an hour.

This could be my ticket to more burando.

I'm all nerves... gonna puke.
>>
>>9593706
You can do it, anon!

On a similar note, yesterday I got to talk with my boss about a raise - it worked out better than expected!

Now I'm going to go out shopping for prop materials. I've been debating about cardboard (I have lots of) vs foam but if I can get foam for reasonable prices, that might be the way to go. I don't have a lot of time left since the con is at the end of the month, so here I go. I'm feeling all sort of excitement and nervousness for last-minute cosplays.
>>
I'm putting together baby's first cosplay and the stuff I have to make is coming out not shitty, and I'm absolutely thrilled about it.
>>
>>9593595
>wrestling in anything but Bodyline
>>
finally decided to leave lolita for the most part. I feel so relieved about not worrying anymore about coords, money and pieces I still need to buy to complete coords.

I only decided to keep a few practical pieces and a dress with sentimental values.

next I'm going to try some more casual kawaii shit to pretty much spice up my wardrobe more, I can't only wear 4 year old H&M skirts and shirts.
>>
>>9593697
just make sure that all of the rice is out of the shoes before you wear them anywhere, unlike the anon with the rice-katyusha
>>
i made friends with a group of cosplayers but one of them is involved in drama and is no longer a part of the group. they messaged me and they're in a really dark place right now but the others in the group want me to join them in an upcoming con. i wanna join them desperately but i feel about the one who was left out.
>>
>>9593769
Dating a 12 year old is pedo, the 2 year age gap is huge at that age.
>>
>>9593783
It's not pedo in any sense of the word you complete retard.
>>
>>9593762
Aw, sad to hear that Anon but if you are happy with you decision then good. Will you be posting a Leaving Lolita sale? Are you getting rid of a lot of stuff?
>>
I feel like I'm getting started in lolita a little old, and I sort of feel like maybe too old to bother (24)? I keep doubting whether I should even keep going at all.
I'm a lonelita, there's no comm for 100+ miles or a 4 hour drive, there's no cons in the area, and it's a small conservative city.
Lately, every time I buy something lolita-related, I get massive doubts whether I'm doing the right thing. I get around $1000 in a bursary each term though, and I have no other interests, so if I don't spend it, it just sits there, or else my boyfriend spends it on games.
I'm not sure what to do anymore.
>>
>>9593872
Your age is irrelevant as is the presence (or lack thereof) of a comm in your area. Do you like the clothes? Do you like wearing them? Does wearing them make you feel beautiful?
If you answered "yes" to these questions then by all means do what you want. Life is too short, anon, spend time doing things that make you happy.
>>
File: tsukasa.png (38KB, 241x169px) Image search: [Google]
tsukasa.png
38KB, 241x169px
>>9593782
I don't know what the situation is, but I'd hazard a guess that it's probably their just desserts. Join them. You weren't involved in the drama. Sympathy is a wonderful thing, but don't neglect yourself and your potential good con experiences over someone you don't really know.
>>
A lot of gulls talk about retail therapy, about how spending money makes them feel good, but for me it's the contrary.
I love planning and thinking about stuff to buy in general, but spending money makes me feel kind of guilty of spending it on "frivolous" stuff (frilly clothing, cute things etc).

I wonder if anyone else feels the same way here
>>
>>9593884
i'm kind of a combination of the two. i feel good about spending for a second, and then i feel immense guilt and anxiety over it.
>>
>>9593783
>fucked my teenage girlfriend when I was a teenager
>see this post

Fuck, I was a pedo the whole time and didn't even realize it. Turning myself in tomorrow, thank you anon
>>
>>9593902
Do you not understand the implication that she was teenager and creeping on a pre-pubescent boy?
>>
File: joseph goes on tumblr.png (118KB, 430x614px) Image search: [Google]
joseph goes on tumblr.png
118KB, 430x614px
>tfw you're secretly banging another girl in your very small and close-knit comm and nobody's twigged
>>
>>9593907
12 year old boys aren't pre-pubescent. Puberty isn't something that watches the calendar and waits to hit you the morning you wake up on your 13th birthday, anon. I started jerking off regularly when I was 11 and was already producing sperm by age 12. Time to stop seeing the world in black and white.
>>
>went to the doctor today and got weighed after forever
>not happy with what I saw
>have decided to get in better shape in order to do my favorite character justice
I haven't been this motivated in a long time.
>>
>tfw first post on amino got deleted.
Welp this first step into the comm isn't going so well.
>>
>>9593907
I had facial hair when I was 12.
>>
>>9593896
Like, you're happy to know you'll get your items, then you feel bad about spending money on those? I really wonder where it comes from
>>
i made friends with a pretty famous cosplayer, they're overall pretty nice but some of the stuff they told me came off kinda cocky.
>>
File: ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png (661KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png
661KB, 848x900px
>>9589797
>Gaining tone to look better in cosplays and to be healthier in general
>Look better but
>Arms increased in size
>Burando sleeves feel tight
>nooooo.jpg
>>
>>9590366
Are you deliberately being this obtuse? The classification mammal literally refers to the mammary glands which humans, like other mammals and unlike birds, possess.

More on topic, I'm ecstatic that I finally found a guy who genuinely likes that I dress in otome and other cutesy j-fash, and not in some weird sexual way either. We make a bit of an odd couple since he's a scruffy engineer type, but overall I'm just happy he doesn't judge me for how I dress and likes me for me.
>>
>>9594001
yeah, exactly! i think in my case at least it comes from my parents always giving me hell over the "stupid shit" i choose to "waste my money" on. even though i don't live with them anymore, i still have this fear of my girlfriend giving me grief over buying things for my hobbies. which is ridiculous because she hasn't done so even once in the past 3 years we've lived together, and she also has her own collector hobbies that she buys a lot of stuff for too so she has no room to talk anyway. but it's hard to undo years of conditioning, i guess.
>>
File: fingering.gif (348KB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
fingering.gif
348KB, 540x400px
>Good news: Did well at my first day on a new job
>Bad news: I celebrated by relapsing into old eating habits
I don't wanna be a fatty-chan! I wish I had some discipline.
>>
>>9593935
What was it? Must have been pretty cringe to get it deleted from amino of all places.
>>
>>9594016
shhh don't take the bait, we were doing so good
>>
>confess feelings to my con crush
>"I think of you more as a little brother"
>mfw I'm a grill
>>
>>9594165
>grill (male)
>>
>>9594182
I don't understand.
>>
>>9593826
I didn't really call it a leaving lolita sale, because I'm not fond of the term. but I did post most of my oldschool pieces on LM and in the BST thread. not sure how much is how much, but I think I posted at least 20 mainpieces.
>>
>>9594113
I asked advice for a coord (posted the full pic of the coord ofc), it's seen as spam.
The admin put it back after I removed the "asking for advice" part.
>>
>tfw no manface /cgl/ gf
>>
>>9594308
How about a roly-poly fat one?
>>
>>9594327
If you lose weight, you might be too good for me, so I'll pass
>>
>>9594336
You can't be that bad. What do you look like? Age/location? Incel/Neet/hikki?
>>
>>9593935
should probably read the rules first fampai
>>
all of my cosplays have something that needs to be redone or fixed, but im having trouble if i want to redo old cosplays and make them better, or start new cosplays. my instagram only has 3 out of the several cosplays ive done because im not really happy with them.
>>
>>9593155
why don't cosplayers stay in shape?

spend hours every year organising their costume, creating pieces. Can't even spend an hour a week taking care of their body.
>>
>>9594381
Idk always baffles me. I got in shape FOR cosplay.
>>
>>9594381
Lolita isn't cosplay.
>>
>>9594381
>>9594626
Not just a lolita, but an ita. She's probably lazy and can't be bothered to dress well much less go to the gym.
>>
>>9594299
Oh I saw your post, I also saw it posted on the coord help thread here! Weird it was removed, people ask similar things on the amino all the time. I've even seen people asking "where can I find this? help me look for it!" and that's all they do on amino, I wish those would be taken down instead. Why would we help people asking us to look for things when they don't contribute anything else to the community?
>>
File: 1427048259759.jpg (190KB, 918x793px) Image search: [Google]
1427048259759.jpg
190KB, 918x793px
>Made plans to go to animefest this year.
>Planing on going with big group which include friends from work and my old job, and my brother.
>Made two costumes, one for me & one for my bro.
>Bought ticket for my bro because he has money troubles at the moment.
>Friends from work tell their is a cashier at my job who cosplay, and I should invite her.
>We talk.
>She seem cool and I have a sneaking suspicion she might be a lolita.
>Invite her.
>She said she will think about it.
>Ok I'll Just give a week and then check again.
>A week later.
>Can't seem to find her.
>Ask a friend about her.
>"Oh, she got fired."
>Never got her number or facebook profile.
>FUCK.
>Well at lest I still my friends coming with me.
>Anther week past.
>Friends at work can't go because personal reasons.
>Friend at old job can't go because schedule change and it will be a entire workweek without pay.
>Bro can't go because his car broke down.
>He was my only ride there.
Now i have spent two tickets and two costumes for this thing and can't go.
>>
>>9594662
uber there or something
>>
File: 1502214421724.gif (444KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1502214421724.gif
444KB, 600x337px
>Move into new apartment for last year of school
>Roommate doesn't move in until later i guess
>Sounds great, but oh wait
>Power in my building has been out for 4 days
>Bf has some family in town, but they're on vacation so i can't go to their house
>End up waking up in the morning and going to the gym to get a solid workout and use their shower
>Stop at a small cafe for breakfast on the way back to eat and charge my electronics
>Go to the library where i just read, play my 3DS, browse 4chan, and doodle costume ideas
>Get home and light a candle so i can continue doodling
>Get bored and try to sew an old dress
>Knock over candle on accident, causing the dress to catch fire along with some of the carpet
>Apartment now smells like burning dress/carpet
>Still no power
I'm starting to go insane
>>
>>9594692
>posts Constanze

At least you can rest assured you have good taste in little witches
>>
>>9594336
>tfw no fatty-chan lolita friend
t. lonely little fatty-chan
>>
File: ck6lomn0.jpg (13KB, 240x227px) Image search: [Google]
ck6lomn0.jpg
13KB, 240x227px
>Had a dream last night
>On a trip in foreign country
>Find this small shopping centre full of crafting material stores
>Everything is cheap as shit
>Get tons of laces, buttons, fabrics, etc.
>Wake up
>Remember everything is expensive where you live
>mfw I want to cry
>Why can't dreams be real?
>>
>>9594743
>The Mall of Dreams
I have a similar dream sometimes, everything you want, cheap, all in one mall.
I find I usually have it when I'm feeling restricted or stressed somehow.
My condolences, anon.
>>
>>9594743
>>9594749
My one recurring dream. Except I always dream that the shop/mall is close to where I live in some side alley somewhere.
>then I discovered all the lace/craft shops on Taobao and my dream almost came true
I mean except for being able to match colors and shipping + ss fees and all but still
Craft stores in my area all sell the same overpriced trash, I haven't bought locally in years. Sorry, local economy.
>>
>>9594692
How expensive was the dress?
>>
>>9594758
I'm not into lolita, it was just an old sundress I wanted to fix up
>>
So my father has crafted a drunken suicide pact for my family in case of nuclear war.
He says he's going to buy bullets for his gun and then whoever is in the best shape after the first bomb drops is supposed to shoot the others.
I'm hoping it's just drunktalk...
Who else is scared? I imagine Japan is.
>>
>tfw no lolita gf
>>
>>9592249
what fucking les wants fake tits? I cannot understand this...
therapy may be good but ignore that unnecessary surgery suggestion. natural tits feel so nice, no matter the size/depth
>>
>no weeb friends or bf
>no lolita friends or comm near me
I want to go to cons and meetups too.
>>
>>9595021
Why don't you have a lolita gf? What do you look like? Age/location? Incel/Neet/hikki?
>>
>majority of my life is pretty great
>doing well in a good college
>internship successful, great job lined up
>lots of friends to do things with
>romantic interests also going well
>plenty of convntions in the area all year
But...
>mom killed herself a couple years ago
>she was the one who taught me sewing
>didn't really get cosplay, but was supportive
>always helped me with new projects
>can't bring myself to make new costumes
>just get too emotional even taking the machine out

I pretty much just commission anymore.
>>
>>9595081
Could you maybe instead of attaching sad memories to the idea of sewing start to remember the good times and positive emotions you spent with your mom sewing? Or continue to sew pieces for yourself as a way to thank her for teaching you what you know?

also im so sorry and i hope you begin to feel better soon <3
>>
>got into lolita in college
>graduated and moved back home
>still havent found a comm here
>starting to go through withdrawls
>but too scared to join the big comm here
>fuck
>>
>>9595142
>>9595059
I don't get the obsession with needing a comm. I'm a lonelita and a happy one. If you need to be friends with other lolitas in order to be into the fashion, maybe rethink if the fashion is for you. If you're that desperate to connect with other lolitas, there's always online communities as well. Just dress up when you want to and go out alone or with your family or whatever. You don't need a comm to enjoy lolita.
>>
>tfw there's a spider in my frilly pink bathroom
Somebody hold me.
>>
>>9595205
I hate these bug complainers that come in every thread because they don't have anything relevant to post. Bugs being in your house happens to literally everyone. Get a kleenex, smash it, and get over it.
>>
>>9595220
I agree. Urine in your cornflakes is a significantly more relevant problem.
>>
my boyfriend is a closet sissy and I feel bad because he loves Lolita but I know he won't be accepted in this fashion :(
>>
>>9595008
>you will never roam the nuclear wasteland using your nanto seiken to protect people from bad guys
Feels pretty bad mand
>>
File: Stock_Harajuku_215223808.jpg (169KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Stock_Harajuku_215223808.jpg
169KB, 1000x666px
I feel like Lolita, or maybe the community, makes my self-esteem issues worse.

I have some anxiety issues stemming from a traumatic childhood, but I also have really, really terrible self-esteem issues. Full blown body-dysmorphia, crying because I looked at myself in the mirror, struggled with eating disorders my whole life level of self-esteem issues. Makes my life pretty difficult.

Being on this board where every other person is called fat or ugly and loving a fashion where people are attacked for not looking perfect have made my issues worse. I just want to dress like a princess and feel special. Life is short and horrible. But I'm scared to dress the way I want to not only because normies wall ridicule me-- but mostly because other Lolitas will.
>>
>>9595008
I'm completely terrified of nuclear war. I have nightmares about it almost every day.
>>
File: 1487645926680.jpg (50KB, 305x683px) Image search: [Google]
1487645926680.jpg
50KB, 305x683px
>Had sex with my con buddy some odd 6 years ago in college
>Was really rad but we agreed to not do it again since it was heat of the moment kind of fling and she had a bf (I didn't know about caus apparently he doesn't like her telling people? We were friends for like 8 months by this point)
>ok feel kinda used but whatever, not like I lost my virginity to you and thought it was more special than that
>Fast forward to now
>She talks to me occasionally now and then online but lives across the country
>Visiting here for a con at the end of this year
>Because I'm a local she just wants to crash at my place like the good ol days and walk around as an awkward duo
>She implies she wants a casual fling since we live across the country so won't see each other for a long while again
>Tempted because I'm lonely
>Haven't been with anybody since those 6 yeas ago, she did more of a number on my confidence than she realizes
>I've been approached by girls and am told I'm attractive by a lot of them but for some reason I'm stupid and can't fall for girls other than my old con friend

Life fucking sucks. I'm pretty sure somewhere along the lines she unintentionally did some psychological fuckery with me because I literally haven't had romantic or sexual feelings for any other girl, and here she comes prancing along again years later to use me as her boytoy and I'm in no position to say no because she's the closest thing I've ever had to intimacy even if we could never work in a relationship. We're both adults anchored into our own different lives on opposite coasts of the country. I probably shouldn't feel guilty - we're both adults and just going to have a night of fun, but I guess I feel like I'm only doing it because I've gained some unhealthy obsession with her or something.

Life really sucks.
>>
>>9595220
>tfw two weird icky bugs are doing the horizontal hoo-ha on my ceiling
>>
File: C4-tDzFUYAE65hR.jpg (63KB, 1092x896px) Image search: [Google]
C4-tDzFUYAE65hR.jpg
63KB, 1092x896px
>Cosplaying at Comiket
>Didn't realize my wig was pulling down gradually, exposing my forehead and the bangs were extremely fucked up by wind
>Tens, if not hundreds of pictures taken of me

I crave for death seagulls
>>
>>9595348
Are you being treated, anon? I'm familiar with this struggle but your condition sounds much worse and you should get therapy for it if you aren't already.
As for lolita, how does it make you feel when you wear it? Not when you go outside or post pics online, just when you're at home all dressed up. Do you feel pretty? Can you look at yourself in the mirror and think you look beautiful?
If lolita makes you feel good about yourself on a personal level then I suggest this: Don't take pictures of yourself to post online. Don't do it. Unless you want to document your coords, in that case take pics and keep them to yourself, just don't post them anywhere if you're afraid of judgment online. Be a lonelita for a while until you feel better, or continue to do so if it makes you feel more comfortable in general. If being here makes you feel worse, get off cgl. Find another site to browse that makes you feel better. Make lolita your own special thing until you feel more confident.
Regarding normies, I find that this is one of the things about lolita that makes feelings of ridicule and anxiety easier to control: Consider the fact that people look at you because you're dressed differently, because you stand out, not because you're ugly or fat or any other lie you tell yourself. Of course they stare, you're wearing a poofy dress and have a giant bow in your hair, that's not something you see every day. And that's not something that should stop you from wearing what you love. Let them stare, so what? Stares won't hurt you, and most people are more curious than anything else so if someone does approach you they'll likely just ask what you're wearing because they're interested. Do you understand what I mean?
>>
>>9595293
Keep your fetishist brother far away from lolita.
>>
>want to cosplay
>can't think of any guy characters I like
>still worrying about this at age 26
>>
>>9595369
At least most Comiket pics don't show up on Western media, anon.
>>
>>9595350
sounds like you ought to tell her exactly what you just told us, man

it sounds like you might be more attached to the idea of your con friend and the emotions attached to such a pivotal moment in your life, and seeing her in person again after six whole years could help you realize if your feelings are legitimately for her as a person and not just her role in your life

hope that doesn't sound too harsh, I've been in similar situations and what always helped was just viewing the situation and the other person as rationally as possible to decide if they really belong in your life
>>
File: 1500020990317.jpg (52KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1500020990317.jpg
52KB, 500x750px
>>9595348
Same. Browsing cgl crushed the last bits of my self-esteem and I can relate to all the things you said. Dressing in lolita still cheers me up and I don't mind being stared at by normies if I can dress like a princess and get my daily dose of escapism. Stop browsing sites that make you feel bad, don't post pictures of yourself online and don't join a comm.
>>
>>9595348
Just get off cgl and stick to the other communities, where calling someone fat or ugly is social suicide.
>>
>>9595008
I live in Tokyo and I'm not that scared

Worst that could happen is I die, big deal
>>
File: 1494265420633.jpg (21KB, 324x246px) Image search: [Google]
1494265420633.jpg
21KB, 324x246px
>>9595008
>>9595349

I hope to god this is bait
>>
>>9592347
It's funny, I'm jealous of cosplayers because all I have other than work is anime and manga which don't feel like high value hobbies that lead to forming decent relationships
>>
>>9595476
>high value hobbies
jesus anon, hobbies don't need value and don't need to pay off.
that is why they are hobbies ffs.
>>
>Didn't get chosen to model at DMC
>Normally wouldn't be a huge deal for me but I've recently been feeling very body-conscious
>Trying to not take it too hard
>Failing miserably
>>
>>9595483
That's such a woman thing to do lmao.
>>
>>9595349
Embrace death
>>
>>9595477
It just sounds nice having hobbies that might lead to having friends
>>
>>9595483
Are you fat? It makes sense that they wouldn't want fatties to model.
>>
>friend sells a dress that was promised for me

Guess we weren't real friends.
>>
>>9595390
No, it has helped. I actually have told her about this and she kinda pushed it off as "I was a stupid kid back then, sorry" kind of thing so I don't know if it really got through to her how seriously it affected me.
>>
>>9593872
I only wear mine alone, it's been really good for my mental health. I was getting so depressed before I wore lolita, this is the only thing I really enjoy now. I took a break because I gained weight (only one of my dresses I had then was shirred), and I started feeling so ugly and hopeless
>>
File: 1502170951560.jpg (24KB, 311x378px) Image search: [Google]
1502170951560.jpg
24KB, 311x378px
>finally get into college after years of struggling with anxiety
>can't feel happy about it because he's friends with a super pretty and smart girl and I literaly don't stand a chance
>she's not a washboard as well

I should just have killed myself all those years ago
>>
>>9595595
What a bitch
>>
>been absent from Lolita for 2 years because life happens
>Try to make a comeback, all my friends have left Lolita
>Comm is shittier than ever. Mostly weebs and Itas. People think I'm a brandwore
>No new Lolitas to become friends with
>Feel so lonly. I really wish I had Lolita friends to talk about the fashion, discuss releases, get dressed together, celebrate new purchases together
>I guess I'll be a lone-lita. Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
File: 292-0101_02.jpg (107KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
292-0101_02.jpg
107KB, 300x400px
http://www.marymagdalene.jp/contents/dress/292/0101/?fref=gc
>68 cm waist
>My waist is 74 cm

Why am I such a fatty. Fuck.
>>
>>9595972
You can be my lolita gf
>>
>>9595892
tsurupettan
>>
File: 1493411710535.png (171KB, 315x223px) Image search: [Google]
1493411710535.png
171KB, 315x223px
>be me
>live in a pretty strict household all my life, going to be moving out real soon and finally want to sink my teeth into lolita after following the fashion for nearly a decade
>my wallpapers are all lolita related, my current one being a big collage of dream dresses and prints
>mother comes into my room looking concerned
>what
>she said she wanted to have a talk with me about this "lolita thing"
>" are you sure you're doing it for yourself and not some...weirdo with strange fetsihes?"
>what
>mom plase
>assure her that I'm doing it for myself
>mfw she doesn't believe me
>mfw my family firmly believes that lolita is a sex thing
>>
>>9596089
"plase"
I guess this event made me forget how to spell. I should add that I'm going to be celebrating my 20th soon enough.
>>
I'm going to a big lolita event soon and feeling really guilty about spending time and money on travelling etc when money is really tight at the moment, and I'm supposed to be catching up on stuff for my PhD and other projects.

My partner is out of work due to crappy mental health, but we booked a big holiday just before he lost his job. I'm now trying to pay for all of that without emptying my savings so trying to be more frugal day to day.
Work is stressful though and when I get home I should be working on the freelance project I took on for extra cash, plus my PhD. I'm not sleeping well either... So I end up struggling to get to work on time and wasting money on trains and taxis rather than using the bus pass I have already paid for...
I was really looking forward to the event but now I feel so stressed about finishing my coord, and so guilty about spending a whole weekend on something frivolous when I'm behind with work. Not to mention every penny I spend is money we won't have on holiday...
I just want to see my friends and have fun. Being an adult is hard.
>>
>>9594357
Not that guy but Canada. 33. Incel with okay job and about to buy my own apartment.
>>
>>9595369
Hope your arm gets better aswell
>>
>>9596281
I'm sorry. this must be Rufflecon?
If you are really depending on going and having fun make a deal with yourself that you'll get to work on time and schedule regular time for your grad work. The reward is a guilt-free frilly weekend.
Hike up your discipline and plan your time well.

It's also important that, if you and your partner split bills, he at least pick up some kind of part-time or temporary work. life is rough but it is not fair to put all the stress on you. if he needs time to heal or cope he should probably move in with a family member and let you sublet.

Both of you need to be open and honest about what you need and then realistic about what it would take to get what you need. don't enable your self-saboteur either. pull from within, get shit done (including the freelance work for more cash), and then enjoy the fuck out of the lolita weekend trip. you'll deserve it after completing all your grown-up goals.
>>
File: 1418572589773.jpg (23KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1418572589773.jpg
23KB, 640x427px
>>9595984
>>
File: 1474410510824.png (210KB, 462x323px) Image search: [Google]
1474410510824.png
210KB, 462x323px
>>9590880
I don't think you're on the right website for this, cupcake....

>>www.tumblr.com
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.