[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Net-Idol/Dance Cover Groups: Anti-Idol Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 31

File: 1501748725267.jpg (93KB, 1100x437px) Image search: [Google]
1501748725267.jpg
93KB, 1100x437px
Last Thread: >>9573641
Previously: US vs. UK groups: Battle of the Cringe
Male J-pop Cover Groups
Anti-Idols: what does it mean?

And lost discussion questions from the old thread:
>what is your favorite dance you've learned?
>what's the most difficult one you've learned?
>what advice would you give people who are trying to learn the above two?
>have you ever choreographed a song? If so, what advice do you have regarding choreographing?

/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p-CYbtXF9NUJ3EuJuxkcujp_qwMmNfKaOrlO3VjaSHA/
>>
>have you ever choreographed a song? If so, what advice do you have regarding choreographing?

Currently I'm trying to plan Snow in "I Love You" with nothing more than this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-DuTBTOSQ
Since I'm a beginner at this, I figured to go with an easy song. Plus it would be posted around winter so I should have enough time to practice.
>>
Recently introduce a group to this thread at a local con. They are part of Vancouvers groups
>>
>>9586903
the choreography for 7th sisters is always so boring. is it because the girls can't dance so they dumbed-down the moves or something? or did they hire a shit choreographer because they didn't expect a mobile game to get so popular? lately the idol game has really changed and you're going to need to do more than an eight count box step to keep people interested. it's a shame too because they're so many girls in nanastar the possibilities for really cool dances are endless.

i'm sure you can come up with something a lot more challenging and intricate anon
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5f0U-4tCAXQ
Sunshine Pikkapika Ondo is such an easy dance, how do you mess it up like this?
>>
>>9587084
>for people who are creative they create the checklist. then people like you follow it cause you are unoriginal.
anti.idol's "edgy alt idol group" concept certainly isn't original. And whether you like it or not, there are guidelines to being an idol.

>idol isn't cosplay.
Nobody here ever claimed that it is. Roleplaying your edgy OCs on instagram doesn't make you an idol either.

>you don't know the history of anything. you just watch a few sources and think you know everything. you have no idea what anything means.
>look up the word idol in on a Korean/Japanese English site.
Please do enlighten us about the true meaning of idols, oh wise one.
>>
>>9587123
Adding to your point: as far as I know, Wikipedia doesn't say that idols are cosplay.

On a side note, could this be bait?
>>
>>9587123
I love how their response to me (I was the first anon that post was responding to) makes absolutely zero sense if you know literally anything at all. "It's called bringing awareness" my ass. They literally proved like almost all my original points.
>>
>>9587102
What part got messed up? And AFAIK the "official" choreo that the seiyuus released a couple weeks back was based on this dance that a kindergarten class in Numazu did. So it's easy on purpose so that little kids can dance to it, haha. That doesn't really support or discredit your comment, I just couldn't see what was wrong with it and wanted to share this cute video anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAhQuf4XkIY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S64HcNJiKSY

Fresh cringe
>>
File: 1500445275685.jpg (36KB, 305x551px) Image search: [Google]
1500445275685.jpg
36KB, 305x551px
>>9587050
You have such faith in me anon, it's almost heartwarming. Well since it would only be a solo dance, I would add a bit more energy into the verses to make up for the lack of people.
>>
>>9587539
oh god it's so bad
>>
https://youtu.be/zL1gZgXa5bA

As much as I'd like to say "yay Minty Pop", the only good thing in here is they didn't pad a set with a bunch of covers. They have 2 more songs but they also sound shit. I can't even decide who's the "best" and who's the "worst".
>>
>>9587539
It pains me that they had a good set and okay costumes and fucked. This. Up.
>>
>>9587539
this looks like they all got shitfaced before recording
>>
I commend them for continuing when the music cut, the dark purple girl and the blue girl have potential I think the light purple girl was so quite and you can tell she's singing through her throats the entire time
>>
>>9587527
The chorus was really off time and awkward, I don't really mind the rest of it.
>>
It is so awkward to see them with only a small amount of mics for them to pass around but tbf from some events I've seen they have minimal equipment really. I've never seen a con with more than 3 microphones for their stage.
>>
>>9587102
What was messed up exactly? I don't really see anything worth nitpicking about honestly
>>
>>9587602
the light blue one is by far the best dancer, they should stop singing live until they learn how to not use their head voice.
>>
>>9587888
I might have to disagree with you depending on how high the note is you have to use your head voice it seems like whoever wrote it pitched it too high for most of the members to sing. The only ones who seem to be able to reach was the dark purple one. I thought it sounded alright with the light blue girl going lower she seemed more comfortable there
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVXMlUpzDxM&
>>
>>9587893
i get that totally, though a good amount of the parts they were doing that for weren't even high necessarily. if that's the case they should have pitched it down lower. Even the recording of the minty pop song they sounded so quiet, they should have fixed it then if it were that much of a problem.
>>
>>9587899
Their Kanan is super cute!!
>>
>>9587899
I like their dancing. The camera work is getting better but is still nausea-inducing after a while. I wish they'd go with softer brow shapes instead of dark Instagram power brows.
>>
>>9587899
Sunrise is by far my fave cover group. They're almost all at least attractive, they practice together a lot, and their members just seem like cool people. Such a shame about that Mari though...always funny to see her shoop herself to hell and back on insta. Hope all the dancing helps her with her figure
>>
>>9587602

I don't understand how they can't all keep on time, the dance moves are extremely simple. It's full of the generic idol moves, which is fine since they are singing as well, but this is just horrid.
>>
>>9588106

Love Notes and Follow Your Kokoro are also really good if you're looking for more good LL cover groups! Love Notes is mostly active on instagram - they actually livestreamed their performance earlier today (I only know this because it sent my phone a notification and I was really bored at work) but they have some covers and live performance videos up on Youtube as well. Follow Your Kokoro posts really clean and energetic covers to their Facebook and Youtube. They also pair their dances with vocal cover version of the songs (not their vocals, but borrowed with permission) to deal with the copyright issue on Youtube, so you get the bonus of listening to a nice song cover as well.
>>
>>9587905
Well that's why I'm kinda getting the vibe that maybe their not in full control? I remember seeing auditions for the group floating around the MCM group and it portrayed it self to be professionally conducted by another person... so desu I don't blame the girls I blame the person in charge. They should of taught light purple how to sing louder made sure everyone was at the same stage or neatness in dancing and perhaps that performance would have been 10 x better. Though I'm not defending anyone I think most of this seems like the person in charge doesn't really know what their doing
>>
File: IMG_3404.jpg (284KB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3404.jpg
284KB, 1448x2048px
>>9588261
I agree. This is ironic though because irmc, they were saying they had skill in pretty much every area. It's even on the original page (I still don't know why there are 2 MP pages). Either something changed or they were lied to because they don't seem to have gotten dance or vocal training like it says. With 7 months between the last post on the original page and their official announcement, there should've been some kind of training.
>>
>>9587602
Their dancing during "Move" was sloppy as fuck, especially during the chorus. Renee and Sandie's voices are pretty nice though. The group probably would have been better off continuing to release original songs and MVs and then having a live debut at a much later date so they could have had more time to practice.

>>9588261
>this seems like the person in charge doesn't really know what their doing
I remember reading that the same guy who created and managed Furi Furi (and quit after 4/6 members left the group) is also the same guy who's managing Minty Pop, so yeah, "Doesn't know what he's doing" sounds about right considering the outcome of his previous group.
>>
>>9587899
>only cute girl in the group is asian
>>
>>9588272
Ok but has anyone ever figured out who this guy is??
>>
>>9588412
The rest of them have really unfortunate faces. You can't tell in photos because they shop themselves all heavily. The Kanan is the only one who is cute. The riko is cute too but she's so thin her face looks hollow and dead inside imo.

They deffinitely need to work on their camera skills, I want to see a dance not a closeup of their faces, their costumes were bouncing as much as mari's fat and should really have been pinned down and some of the lip synching was so bad I was cringeing. Still miles better than most other love live groups, but just because they're better than trash doesn't mean they should be praised for being average.
>>
>>9587899
This made my day better. You is super fucking cute, I love everything about this. Even the chubby Mari.
>>
>>9588483
I swear at one point his picture was on the Minty Pop website but since it's been redone.
>>
>>9587899
Good energy throughout the whole dance and cute smiles, I liked this!
>>
>>9588158
Follow your kokoro was pretty nice and I like that they use song covers, but love notes was...well, I dont exactly get what you see in them, but I'm sure they're doing their rubesty?
>>
If you keep on posting only nice sugary comments about the group people are going to get the idea that you're selfposting. :).
>>
>>9589146
Sorry your group is shitty? Theres 22 posters in a 38 reply thread. I highly doubt anyone is self posting.
>>
>>9589178
They have a point though. If someone posts a group and 3 or more people say "oh it's not that bad" the immediate response is "which one are you"
>>
>>9589142

I think their dancing is pretty good! Like I said, I see them more active on Instagram so I think most of their Youtube videos are a bit older. But this video is pretty recent, and shows the level their dancing is at.

https://youtu.be/b4OBs_f21kk

The livestream they did the other day was genuinely pretty impressive, and they had a bigger stage to work with too. I'm looking forward to seeing if they post a video from that performance.
>>
>>9589325
Mari fucked up about 20 times in the first 2 min

Costumes look great tho
>>
>>9587899
I like them a lot but Mari dabbing every 5 seconds in the outtakes is the cringiest fucking thing
>>
>>9589329

Mari's definitely their weakest link, but
>20 times in the first 2 min
sounds a lot like vendetta to me since she was mostly on point, just with less energy and certainty than anyone else. I'm not saying they're perfect, but they're doing a pretty good job. Are you a member of a rival group or something?
>>
>>9589146
>>9589226
Samefag. Glad summer is all most over so we can see all these kids leave and 75% of the instagram net idol community go completely silent.

Only time i've seen self posts called out on here is in situations like Stellure trying to make it look like people were defending them when it was just stella. Learn the difference between selfposting and people discussing actual good quality groups.

If your that salty about your shitty LL group not getting recognition, why not improve your dancing skills and make/get better costumes???

Captcha: wimp
>>
So, I want to talk about one group i've discovered recently, Utaboo.
This is the debut cover song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnV3uZ4K7BI
And the last cover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32uKCVbAPRw

Sometimes the voice isn't the best, but I think the sound really good and they improve since their debut.
>>
File: IMG_3445.jpg (278KB, 1242x1114px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3445.jpg
278KB, 1242x1114px
>>9589426
lol you've just proven our point idiot. You obviously don't follow enough these threads because even in the last one there were countless "which one are you" comments even when there was nothing say they were the same.

As for your last comment, I don't deal with love live nor do I care to dance or it. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>9589386
Lol, vendetta? It's a hyperbole you dink. Seems the real question is which love notes member are you?
>>
>>9589510
Ohhh I agree on the voices but there is some improvement. I do think though that they need to maybe put more energy into singing. I notice a lot of groups don't and it really affects how the song sounds. On the other hand, I like the pictures they use. It's cute.
>>
>>9589510
I looked at their website. It's really cute and well done if you look past the wix logos and the slight lag due to being really croweded. They have a shop too. I like their effort.
>>
>>9589609
None of them. If I was do you think I'd have vouched for two different LL groups in the same post? I just thought it was really odd that you seemed to get offended at the fact that I'm a fan of Love Notes, to the point where I thought maybe you were a member of a less popular group. Maybe instead of falling back on the "lol I was exaggerating" response you just maybe don't get so bent out of shape about someone liking something you don't in the first place. This could have been avoided, lol.
>>
>>9589640
Bruh you are defending so hard it's a little cringeworthy. Calm yourself, maybe work on your dance moves a little more because I can only assume you're the Mari at this point, and maybe take a nap. Sorry that saying she was the worst of the bunch hurt your feelings.
>>
>>9589650
I can tell you really didn't understand anything I wrote. So I'm gonna let this go before this thread gets removed for derailing. Go ahead and have your "win", this is too petty for me. I'll still hold that both Follow Your Kokoro and Love Notes are pretty good cover groups, and I'm sorry to everyone else that that statement caused this to happen, lmao.
>>
https://youtu.be/triFdsG5jX8

I know not everyone can be an amazing dancer, but most of this dance is fairly simple so it always begs the question of how do not review what you do?
>>
>>9589763
There are so many ducks on that mantle.
More on point is: WASH YOUR FUCKING HAIR BEFORE YOU RECORD. Also what is clipped to her shorts?
>>
File: Idol elitist.png (649KB, 720x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Idol elitist.png
649KB, 720x1010px
>b-but I'm a real idol!!!

No one every said you were a real idol to begin with why are you upset that people don't think of you as a real idol when you don't sing or dance. Even anime idols at least sing and have choreography. Now if any of these tracers end up being able to animate their OCs and sing like the Youtaite community does, then they might actually be worth something.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170808-010256.png (436KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170808-010256.png
436KB, 1440x2560px
>>9590666
>>
File: Screenshot_20170808-010303.png (370KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170808-010303.png
370KB, 1440x2560px
>>9590723
>>
File: Screenshot_20170808-010309.png (359KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170808-010309.png
359KB, 1440x2560px
>>9590724

Just wanted to dump the rest of the thread here.
>>
>>9590725
Yeah... I'm aware my name shows up on there. Forgot to crop it. I don't have anything to hide anyway.
>>
>>9590666
Aw, you beat me to it! I saw this crap coming from a mile away. Seriously, itas and wannabe idols have the same mentalities and tactics: do a thing poorly, get mad when people don't like the poorly-done thing, and then eventually cry bullying and elitism.
>>
>>9590730
Love your guinea pig, she's super cute. Also, your group seems pretty good!
>>
>>9590735
We need a term for wannabe idols like that like how lolitas have the word ita for badly dressed wannabe lolitas.
>>
>>9590739
LOL my guniea pig is flattered
Also thank you, I'm definitely not as good as I want to be though but I appreciate it.
>>
>>9590666
>>9590723
>>9590724
>>9590725

As the old saying goes, Acta Non Verba. Vancouver's high school cover groups have thrown in more effort than the average net idol on instagram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArVoR12xD_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbtQpPd2S1c&t=1s
>>
>>9590730
Whoa I was into CosStarDance/Jump Ship back during the Cozmosse days when the odorite community was more alive (?) I remember getting to chat with Light (?) on a rare odorite livestream by an odorite tumblr years ago. Major respects to you guys for covering the whole spectrum of Kpop, Jpop and Vocaloid since that really shows a ton of different dance styles.

NovaDrop seems cool as well, 七転び八起き is one of my favorite H!P songs! Sad to see that a ton of people getting into idols don't even know what H!P is when really Nico is just Sayumi in 2D.
>>
>>9590746
Thanks! The dance community at conventions have unfortunately died down when it comes to J-Pop. Usually at gatherings if J-Pop does play, it's either usually a LL song or an old easy Vocaloid dance. I get really nostalgic sometimes and I miss when people would come out with more NND covers but I'm always hoping for those kinds of things to come back.

As for that song (七転び八起き)
I can't help but laugh. That was our first cover and it was just a mess. I'm hoping we can do that again a lot better when my group gets more members.

And Sayumi is a goddess. I'm glad she's back and doing music again.
>>
>>9590740
Owdorites? Itaidols?
>>
>>9590743
These are really nice, especially compared to other high school cover group "idols."
>>
>>9590777
Unfortunately I feel like Itaidols sounds a bit like a compliment since these people wouldn't know what an Ita is only itabags and they probably adore itabags. Also, since none of these fake idols do anything besides drawing their OCs, they wouldn't be doing any dancing or know what odorites are to begin with. The only one I can thing of would be Idiols because honestly whoever came up with this "net idol" nonsense is an idiot.
>>
File: momoko and nico.png (1MB, 865x1162px) Image search: [Google]
momoko and nico.png
1MB, 865x1162px
Hot damn, I am so in love with university dance cover groups.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkSoP5tv81w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1pNO1ZlIBs
I wonder where they get those cute costumes!

>>9590746
>really Nico is just Sayumi in 2D.
Nico always reminded me of Momoko (or more specifically Momochi).
>>
>>9587102
Does anyone ever think to ask permission to close a small portion of an area for filming? I've seen it done before for photoshoots and school projects.

>>9587539
Can anyone show me a nice version of this dance?

>>9587602
I would love to see the size of the audience. The mint trim on their dresses only look cute on the blue and pink one.

>>9587899
These girls could benefit from a workout routine. If the thin girls were toned they'd look adorable. The chubby one is a lost cause.

>>9589325
Costumes look good
Stage is too small
Lengthy performance was nice all the way through

>>9589510
It would be cute if all the pictures in the videos had a theme. In the second video, it could be swimsuit/summer themed, if not for the girl in the middle.

>>9589608
Stop

>>9589763
Being trans is a self-inflicted disease.
>>
>>9590740
>>9590777
>>9590796
Roleplayers. That's concise enough, isn't it?
>>
>>9590946
That's what I was thinking?
>>
anyone seen sunrise performance? wanna know if they were any good without those multiple takes to cover them up
>>
>>9591376
From what I saw on insta, the beggining looks really in sync, but it's a part that I think it's easy to get. As soon as the intro finish it starts looking more sloppy, but that's where the video cut on insta (obvs).
>>
>>9589325
I actually feel like this was one of their weaker performances. I saw them at A-Kon the week before this video and their live stream this past week and they looked a lot cleaner. Maybe the longer setlist stretched them too thin? Still was a good performance though especially considering the length. I also hope they post a video from the livestream, it's a shame they didn't do it on FaceBook live since that would have saved it automatically.
>>
>>9586791
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBoRctf4wSs

>only You is decent
>>
I'm not even gonna put screenshots but were coming to the fall of the idol community.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXiuBdUHOue/
>>
>>9591611
>https://www.instagram.com/p/BXiuBdUHOue/

they're alway so messy and unsynch with each other i dont understand how they get so much praise
>>
>>9591611
I like Riko too. It's just that ugly Chika messing arround
>>
>>9591644
This whole "real net idols" debate is exhausting. We all know these roleplayers aren't real net idols no matter how much they want to complain and whine that they are.

>were coming to the fall of the idol community.
I consider net idols and roleplaying-wannabes to be their own separate communities. These roleplayers' influence doesn't extend beyond their tacky Instagram profiles. Let them recolor Love Live cards and play pretend pop star while we focus on real performers, especially ones that work hard and deserve more recognition.
>>
>>9590812
nah, just the same hair. she looks like hanayo's seiyuu
>>
>>9591644
Dear god.
>>
>>9591743
>I consider net idols and roleplaying-wannabes to be their own separate communities. These roleplayers' influence doesn't extend beyond their tacky Instagram profiles.

I wish this was true, I really do, but when you search up net idols on instagram and mostly get these embarrassing roleplay groups, it will make people unfamiliar with idols laugh and they won't bother with digging through these groups to try and find actual performers.

Another issue I have is how similar some of these roleplay groups have with cover groups. A-muse from Australia is already well recognized but then there is also _a.muse_ the filler spam group. I think it's sad that a group that carries through with cosplay and dancing is going to either basically indirectly give free promo to a shitty group by having the same name, or the confusion from basically having the same name association.

Another case I can think of is that when you search nova, you'll get the (sadly most prominent) wannabe group novastars and then under that is NovaDrop which consists of performers. In the long term, actual cover group of people are going to stand out but all these roleplay groups are clogging up names and tags and are indirectly taking away the spotlight from people whose work deserves to be recognized.

I could care less about OCs but I do care about the general tacky image the word net idol is slowly beginning to have and performance groups losing out in attention to the hoard of wannabe roleplayers screaming "notice my group we deserve attention!!!"
>>
>>9591803
Something this made me think of is I wonder how artists or legitimate groups with fantastic art feel about these groups. I'd feel pretty peeved if I had a group with good art and actual content overlooked for shit art and content, or if I had my art copied in a shitty way without any recognition.
>>
https://youtu.be/OLP63Lv-CRs
>>
>>9591611
>>only You
Still waiting for a net idol group to cover this
https://youtu.be/7zGjzlZ-Xnw?t=211
>>
>>9591644
>https://www.instagram.com/p/BXiuBdUHOue/
if any of y'all in this thread are milkykittychu you rock. You're always the voice of reason on that shitty confessions blog.
>>
>>9592001
YES. I have so much respect for her right now, especially with her standing her ground like she has been doing.
>>
>>9592001
I do think that her arguments are getting weaker but to be fair there is only so much you can say in an instagram comment and these "everyone can be an idol and make people smile!" roleplayers aren't going to listen to anything that goes against this all idols matter movement.

I believe milkykittychu was the first to post screenshots of of confessions in a previous thread as the poster had mentioned that they were in the comments and she was the only reasonable comment but I could be wrong.
>>
>>9592274
Nah, that wasn't her. That was me, and I made one of the confessions.
>>
File: missed the point.png (54KB, 616x448px) Image search: [Google]
missed the point.png
54KB, 616x448px
>not all idols sing and dance
>makeup gurus are netidols
>YOUR definition of idols, clearly not the actual definition of idols
>most of us are utaites
>most of us are just confused why you guys don't get that
>YOUR idea of what an idol is
>but just like how this type of community isn't your cup of tea realize that maybe your community isn't to our taste either

Not sure why idols are performers that sing and dance is such a difficult definition.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ChPjl5hlFnI&feature=youtu.be
This fucking nozomi lol
>>
>>9592318
>the wedding photoshoot going in the backround
>>
>>9592318
The poor bride lmao
>>
>>9592295
fuck man love live really fucked up everything. now we have a million and one boring shitty dance groups that are literally carbon copies of muse or aqours and people not even knowing the actual definition of the word "idol".

when will this trend finally die out; this is worse than when every girl wanted be an ~*imoutou aidoru*~ like yukapon
>>
>>9592318
Oh god when Hanayo and Nozomi run around the back and nearly run into each other
>>
>>9592318
this is honestly one of the better cover groups I've seen, aside from that awful nozomi. I sure hope they either drop her, or she figures out how to learn a dance properly.
>>
>>9592295
Laziness and entitlement: all the adoration and fame of idols without the hard work and practice. And it do take hard work and practice. AKB48, Momoclo, and all the other successful acts wouldn't be what they are now if they half-ass the way most of these Net"idol" do.
>>
As somebody above has said, I also consider these "net-idols" their own genre, aside from already-existing odottemita groups and groups that actually do perform at cons, put out their own vocal and dance cover content, etc.
I don't know, man. There just seems to be a lack of originality nowadays. I'm not going to say that I've LL! is entirely to blame, but honestly, I do feel like LL! has kind of killed this community. I've been into idols for AGES, I've been a part of an odottemita group for about two years now, and it's just kind of sad seeing the way this community is veering.
In no way shape or form am I trying to pit anyone (or any groups of people/types of performers) above anyone else, but honestly... if anything, we need more appreciation for the groups that HAVE been working for a long time to build success for themselves, groups that DO put out original content, groups that perform at cons, etc.
(I'm tired, I'm bad with words, and I've never posted here before, so I doubt that this made any sense.)

Anyway, I'm not necessarily bashing the net-idols as they would probably claim that I am. I'm sure they're simply LL!-inspired kids that want to have fun-- but they do have a lot to learn and a lot more content that needs to be shown before they should consider themselves "idols" of any sort.

This matter doesn't really need much further debate, in my opinion.
>>
(also, if these net idols really want the general public to differentiate them from other net idol groups, they're gonna have to come up with better names for themselves. simply making a group name like "___ idols", "aqua/aquo___", etc. isn't gonna cut it lol.)
I saw this coming, kinda. I mean, it started with all of those Love Live instagram dance contests desu. How many of those did people think they could hold before it just got old and outplayed?
>>
milkykitty makes a lot of sense in her comments but everyone thinks she's being awful. She's telling you it as it is and all these 'LL groups cannot take any criticism whatsoever. This is what happens when you put yourself on the internet at 15
>>
>>9592658
No this is what happens when you have sheltered kids who ever never told no or were never criticized. Silver platters & participation trophies.
>>
>>9592672
*who were never
>>
>>9592361

That is what happens when the following happens:

-Japan refuses to export their idol music overseas, even tightening up the pipelines as time went on. So AKB48 got pushed by the wayside.
-Anime being the only thing that hasn't been closed off by Japan. So Banprise decides to export Love Live and surprise it was a smashing hit.
-Harmony Gold preventing Macross from ever getting another overseas release which means the exposure to idols is through love live rather than Macross' idols.
-Johnny's Entertainment being the xenophobes they are, refuses to allow their boy band labels to be released overseas and digitally. Creating a hole that female idols filled handily.
-Idolmaster and Bamco being utter dunces in exporting the series. They were the first big attempt at an anime idol multimedia franchise and they blew it.
>>
>>9592734
I would make a small correction to this: the hole left by jhonnys was handily filled by kpop boy bands like BTS
>>
I mentioned in the last thread that it bothered me that Minty Pop were doing KPOP dances despite being a Jpop idol group.

Someone responded that it was "only for the showreel"

https://youtu.be/zL1gZgXa5bA

Yet theres a clip of some of them doing a kpop dance during their actual live PLUS there was 2 solo videos of kpop songs

Kpop and jpop idols are different and shouldn't be mixed, they're 2 completely different genres and just don't work together
>>
>>9593125
Okay um I think this is important to point out. First, you can be a fan of both. Second, they aren't a J-Pop idol group they're a jpop INSPIRED idol gorup. Third, it's not like they're dancing to kpop in jpop idol or anime costumes. They aren't being mixed.
>>
>>9593125

You say that but I feel it was one of the best dances in their set... sorry the only good dance in their set
>>
Question: For netidols that release original songs, do you expect them to write the music too? Or, do you look down on them if they don't? I'm thinking of trying my hand at original songs, but I don't know a thing about composing or music theory, so I'd probably only be able to do the lyrics + lyric melody+ singing. Does that still count?
>>
>>9593209
Honestly, I personally admire anyone who tries as long as it's original and not too basic/boring. I don't necessarily think it's expected to write it as much as to have it if you say you're going to. Doing lyrics & melody is already 2/3 of it (music being 1/3). FYI, I don't know anything either but I've tried and I'm pretty sure Nanami Uehara doesn't either. As long as you're not stealing someone else's work & you actually take time to develop your work, it'll be appreciated by some.
>>
>>9593213

it's definitely something I want to learn how to do and try someday! But there are a few people I follow who write really cool music and have commissions open, so I also want to support them and be able to sing to their music. Even though real idols don't compose their own songs generally, I'm not sure if that's looked down on in the netidol community.
>>
>>9593228
You're right it's actually rare that actual idols do write their own material. The way I see it is that if you make your own music then that's good but if you purchase music by either someone who has experience or a friend who's been studying, then it kind of gives off a "you're being serious/professional" vibe which actually feels rare. If you do, I'd like to follow you and support you though!
>>
>>9591611
So was this like the highlight reel? Where's the rest?

>>9591803
>_a.muse_
What garbage.

>>9591982
The photographer looks just like I expected him to. Is the one in the strapped skirt a boy? I'm like 99% certain.

>>9591991
This didn't go how I thought it was going to go.
I actually jumped when the singing started.

>>9592295
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zHRQn_IShw
That's the voice I read this in.

>>9592318
Bride probably didn't give a fuck. Your wedding day happens so fast, you don't even see half the shit that goes on around you.
>>
>>9593259
If you stopped it, try skip to 5:32 for the more idol-like part.
>>
>>9593125
>>9593139

Still I made a comment from the last thread here >>9580685 that if a cover group should cover KPOP as a JIdol group they should have cover Dreamcatcher since it matches the musical style of most JIdols, if they did something like Secret or AOA's show winners then it would have been a valid point.

Meanwhile, Zeus! covered Zurui Magnetic Today

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av12351954/
>>
>>9593125
i personally don't see what's wrong with it, there are jpop idol groups that cover kpop songs.
>>
>>9594123

Not for the "mainstream" groups in Japan. Its not like kpop where you get brownie points for being able hit the high note in a mariah song or dancing to beyonce.
>>
>>9594123
One that comes to mind is UUG. They're literally a Japanese dance group who did K-Pop covers and still do.
>>
>>9594132
it's not like any of the groups here are mainstream
>>
>>9594133
I love UUG and they're a great example of J-pop idols that covered K-pop

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL59O0JbKsFLqUiYx1rAE6L8P2K9Z7ogNM
>>
>>9594112
Such stoic faces.
>>
>>9594278

Its not even just the faces, even the movements are completely flat - you wouldn't even guess that Nico and Maki are meant to be having a spat.
>>
>>9594459
I agree. What bothered me most was at the chorus, where it seemed like there should be a lot of powerful movements, they were really just kinda standing there.
>>
>>9594510
The little talking bits bugged me the most. Nico didn't seem remotely bothered, and Maki didn't appear to be provoking her in any way. They both just looked bored.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWgp4oQsEL8

i would like this if their expressions weren't so awkward
>>
>>9594852
I didn't mind the facials as much as I did their energy.
>>
>>9591376
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aL5BO_2JRs

5:00
>>
>>9595048
I'm actually glad to see that their Dia has improved quite a lot, considering she was from Flusay Girls. Talk about a glow up.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXqwghVjDhl/

Can someone please educate them? This shit is getting on my nerves...
>>
>>9595048
Chika looks a bit too excited towards the end for such a "slow" song but this is really good. Ngl, I'm mad jealous
>>
>>9595198
Good lord.
To put it very simply, whatever these groups are doing doesn't (or shouldn't, rather) make them considered "NET-IDOLS" - what they're doing should be considered net idol roleplay or something. What they fail to understand is the fact that what they're doing isn't at par with that of the groups that we see as net idols (i.e. Flusay Girls, Platinum Happy, etc; as much as people cringe at them too)-- at least they're actually DOING things like singing and dancing.

I'm not sure why they can't understand why people are repeatedly telling them this. What they're doing is basically the definition of idol-inspired roleplay, so they should stick to calling it that, rather than marketing themselves as idol groups when they have no vocal or visual content other than pictures of their OCs.

It's simply misleading. That's my biggest problem with it, personally.
>>
>>9594459
You're right. I had no idea. That was bad.

>>9594852
They tried. I didn't think their faces were the problem. Flat movements were more distracting.

>>9595048
This was quite nice. I would have enjoyed it were I in the crowd.

>>9595198
I don't know, I kind of agree with this post
When Zootopia came out, people made Zootopia "sonas" but refused to call them furry OCs.
It's all in a word. People don't care what your definition is.
>>
>>9595060
They actually had a different dia for this performance haha
>>
>>9595198
even milkykittychu is showing signs of giving up just because they refuse to listen. kinda sad considering she has been the most vocal about it.
>>
>>9595259
I don't blame her since it's a lost cause anyways. I personally stopped caring and I'm just slowly waiting for all of these to die out once they realize that no one outside of their niche community cares about them or once they grow up. I think I saw a "net idol" that was over 18 and I pity them.
>>
how do you become a net idol
>>
>>9595300
Depends on what kind of net idol you aim to be. Will you be performing solo or with a group? Will you only perform online or will you do live performances at cons and other events? Will you only be doing covers or will you try to create original content?

And no matter what kind of idol you try to be, you might not be a perfect performer but you had better be damned dedicated to improving yourself with every performance.
>>
>>9595218
>Flusay Girls
>Floozy Girls
W-what did they mean by this?
>>
2 have left minty pop
>>
>>9595471
It's an unfortunate combination of the group creators' names, Flugel and Lindsay.
Speaking of FG, they've had auditions open since March and it doesn't look like even one person has participated so far.

>>9595475
Where's this info coming from? I can't find anything regarding any members leaving Minty Pop.
>>
>>9595475
If you're basing this off of their weekly questions, they just haven't done them. They didn't leave otherwise it would've been announced (unless you're one of them).

>>9595505
Who in the right mind would. They such, Nanami plagerizes, and that's more than enough to not audition.
>>
>>9595514
I'm happy Flusay is finally dying down, its time is long past.

On another group that has died down, Stellure has been awfully quiet. Nebula is supposed to be having a music video out this month, right? Seems like the account is only used to like the members' posts on their personal accounts.
>>
>>9595636

One thing that makes me think about these netidol groups is how well off they are. I talked about how our local odottemita/net idol groups can buy the final live Mogyutto and Bokura outfits and switch between live outfits and they are from the rich side of town
>>
>>9595731
Just tell us who you wanna fuck from Sigma already Derek. It's painfully obvious and I cringe every time you try to off-topically insert them into threads that have nothing to do with them.

Also news flash, they didn't buy the actual final live outfits, they get that shit off taobao just like everybody else.
>>
>>9595731
I'm as poor as a poor college student can get but i know how to save in order to continue to cosplay on the side as a treat. The same can go to any of the members that can afford to buy multiple costumes. Doesn't instantly confirm that they're well off
>>
>>9595808
I agree. It took me a while to get my first cosplay because even though it was only a bit over $150, I had to save it. I think it'd be different if someone had a new high quality cosplay every week but most groups take time so it makes sense they've probably saved.
>>
File: nebula.jpg (74KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
nebula.jpg
74KB, 480x480px
>>9595731
>That weak attempt at making your thinly-veiled vendetta relevant to the discussion.

>>9595514
Oh, I'm not at all surprised no one's auditioning, though I am surprised that the current members of FG have stuck around for so long. I wonder what they think of their own songs?

>>9595636
>Nebula is supposed to be having a music video out this month, right?
Nebula's song was scheduled for release by the end of summer, so they've got until the end of August. There's been no mention of progress regarding the costumes, the choreography, the instrumentals, anything. Unless there's been a lot of work going on behind the scenes, they'll either have to postpone the release or rush to churn out something half-assed and claim it was the best they could do, just like they did with "Bright Future" and "Let's Go Baby."
>>
>>9596233
i don't really get why a group named nebula with a song named shining stars has a cover art with a grass field theme
>>
>>9596238
Because Stellure is nothing but a Love Live ripoff
>>
>>9596259
Well sure, but that doesn't explain why they're incapable of sticking to their galaxy theme.

>>9596238
Changing that bright sunny sky into a starry night sky would fix a lot- stargazing in a field would fit well with the theme. Those flower crowns and flowery costumes are another issue however.
>>
>>9596284
A stargazing motif for a song would actually be super cute. Too bad Nebula is too busy Lily White/Azalea-ing.
>>
>>9596284
This kind of goes to show why groups with a narrow theme will be constrained by it, and why real idols will often have no theme or a very, very broad one.
>>
>>9596662
Exactly. And a lot of the themed groups have something easily replicable like Hamburgirl Z - they sing about hamburgers and dress up as them. Or SIR which has a reporter theme - they do reports on a lot of things like Panchiko.
>>
>>9596233
Pretty sure Yaima doesn't care if her group sucks as long as she can be kawaii uguu best girl.
>>
>>9597108
Does she overdo the shoop? Her profile picture makes her look like an alien with those disproportionally huge eyes and tiny chin.
>>
>>9597171
Honestly I don't even know what any of the members of Flusay really look like since they all use that meitu/beautycam on every one of their pictures. Not sure if I've ever seen any of their real faces.
>>
>>9597108
Wait is Flusay Girls Yaima's group too? Like she's part creator/owner?

>>9597171
She does. It's creepy and kinda sad because she's actually really pretty. Every time I look at her though I feel creeped out because all I see are her shops.
>>
File: 1487642790326.png (101KB, 416x333px) Image search: [Google]
1487642790326.png
101KB, 416x333px
>>9576331
Anon I'm so sorry I never saw your reply, but I don't think its creepy at all and would love to get to know you! Any other christmas cake anons in the central fl region interested please feel free to contact me as well. Catch me on twitter @justforqiqs
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-08-15T03_11_11Z.jpg (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-08-15T03_11_11Z.jpg
2MB, 1242x2208px
>>9595636
Sorry if someone's posted this (since 4ch doesn't always update right for me) but looks like they haven't died after all.
>>
File: hamburgirlz.jpg (185KB, 816x544px) Image search: [Google]
hamburgirlz.jpg
185KB, 816x544px
>>9596676
>Hamburgirl Z - they sing about hamburgers and dress up as them.
I love them and I'm so glad to see more people discussing them!
My dream is that someday they'll do a cover of Ai Like Hamburger.

>>9596303
>A stargazing motif for a song would actually be super cute.
Some other motifs that might work well could be wishing on shooting stars, supernovae (something inspiring about breaking down and starting anew) and maybe if they want to go for something sillier (like Wa-Suta), aliens or UFOs? This is difficult lol

>>9596233
>>9598520
I wonder how much better Stellure's songs/music videos could be if they just gave themselves some more time and finished their songs before announcing the release date. Not even experienced net idol groups release original songs as fast as they do.
>>
>>9598831
I would actually love to see a net idol or Western local group do a Mahou Shoujo concept like Wa-suta had in their debut MV.

On the topic of stellure, you're right and honestly it's kind of weird. With the amount of time between Bright Future (April 5) and Lets Go Baby (July 8), Lets Go Baby could've had much better costumes, dancing, vocals, and video. I get that Stella left in June, but literally all they would've had to do is rerecord vocals and that takes no more than a week. They could've used those remaining weeks to redo the dance and record the video. They don't take the time to do what's needed and to make it well and since it was summer (and they obviously weren't in school), they should've had more time. I wonder what'll happen when it's back in session.
>>
File: IMG_8213.jpg (310KB, 750x1201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8213.jpg
310KB, 750x1201px
Told ya
>>
File: IMG_8214.jpg (170KB, 750x729px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8214.jpg
170KB, 750x729px
>>9599072
>>
>>9599072
called it bro
>>
>>9598890
The west needs more weird, avant-garde stuff in general, to be honest
>>
>>9599072
any guesses who she's talking about, i have a feeling it's the pink one.
>>
>>9599072
>>9599076
Damn... That's honestly really fucked up? For someone with experience, having your members do 99% of the work is shady as hell. And putting out money? I mean some expenses yeah but it seems like a lot more than what would make sense.

>>9599218
I honestly feel like it may be Miley (light purple) or Kerry (red). I mean reaostically it could be any of the remaining members.

>>9599197
Yeah definitely.
>>
>>9599218
If we're taking guesses mine is light purple, reading up either in this thread or another someone got bad vibes from her? I don't know much about them for group dynamic though
>>
>>9599242
Wow I cannot spell "realistically".
>>
>>9598890

What's going to happen is nothing. When school starts, they'll use the excuse of "oh education is more important". To be honest, I feel like their newest subgroup is going to be as much of a trashfire as whatever the other one was with "Let's Go Baby".

Hey, at least they do more than Flusay Girls. Then again, it's not that hard to do more than them.
>>
Im surprised no ones talked about @auroraidols on instagram. Another group inspired by Stellure, and they keep promoting their song but they haven't actually released any content.. In june they said they would release their song a month after and theres still nothing out yet.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-08-15T20_46_35Z.jpg (1MB, 1241x1876px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-08-15T20_46_35Z.jpg
1MB, 1241x1876px
>>9599380
Yeah I looked it up. First they're probably not being talked about becuase nobody cares. Second it says they won't be doing anything official for it for at least a month which just makes me think you wanted someone to talk about this uninteresting duo and that you don't understand reading comprehension.
>>
>>9599461
Wow. *because. My spelling sucks.
>>
>>9599461
Nah, I'm just surpised that out of all the Stellure/ idol wannabe groups, this one was never mentioned. And yeah I agree I should have done more research.
>>
I generally don't mention groups here unless they put out content, since otherwise the netidol threads would be absolutely spammed with all the roleplaying and wannabe groups that do nothing.
>>
>>9599197
Agreed! Not every idol song has to be meaningful or motivational.

>>9598890
>I would actually love to see a net idol or Western local group do a Mahou Shoujo concept like Wa-suta had in their debut MV.
I guess Pinku Project had somewhat of a magical girl theme, though not as silly and over-the-top like Wa-Suta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pusuo-W-Uo

>I get that Stella left in June, but literally all they would've had to do is rerecord vocals and that takes no more than a week.
Wasn't it after Stella left that they started to work on the costumes, choreography, etc. for the song? Mimi and Tauri spent a weekend practicing the choreography, recorded the music video the next day, and uploaded it 5 days later.
>>
>>9599461
Well, I can say this art is ugly as shit. It looks like some no-talent traced some anime.
>>
>>9599717
Yeah that was what I was trying to get it but it may not have come across right. If they had started after the release of the first song, they probably would've had much better quality at least in terms of dance, vocals, and costumes. But of course they wait until a week before to do anything so everything is horrid.
>>
>>9599218
I'm voting Miley. She refers to her as being really into idols and she sang the most idol-sounding song in the vocal reel in a very "kawaii: voice. Also like >>9599244 said, she's got weird vibes about her.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrRnXbaeEgQ

pretty sure hanamaru is drunk
>>
>>9599903
none of them look particularly okay, but I'm more concerned for Kanan.
>>
>>9599903
For some reason it looks like the Hanamaru is scowling during her solos because of her lashes and eye makeup? She tends to go for more of a smirk when lip syncing rather than a shy smile giving off a sexy vibe rather than sweet which isn't quite right for Hanamaru or Azalea.

The Dia has a really pretty smile! Kanan's smile during her solos were nice but the eye makeup is a lot more than I would have expected.
>>
>>9599755
Actually I met minty pop at one of their shows, Miley was super nice but she struggled a little as English apparently isn't her first language?
Sandie however looked down her nose at me and gave off major bitchy and arrogance vibes that made me uncomfortable
The rest were okay
>>
>>9599072
If we're basing this one someone who has a big love for idols but no previous experience with almost anything in a "professional" way, I think it may have been Kerry or Miley (sorry 9599975). Going off what's in their profiles, and I may have missed stuff so I could be wrong, they're the two least experienced ones. Sandie has been dancing nearly her whole life, Renee seems to have a ballet background like Sandie, and Sophie has her own channel & says she likes editing along with some other things like photography. The most experience Kerry has in entertainment is piano since a young age and 2 years of self taught dance. However, Miley is literally the only one who doesn't seem to have any actual training in anything aside from Silks.
>>
>>9600013
Meant to tag >>9599975
>>
>>9599975
They've only had one performance so far at LFCC
>>
>>9600013
I definitely think it's miley, she's the most "idol-loving" out of all of them. And since Kerry hangs out in the kpop videos maybe that's more her area whereas miley is more jpop?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APSMBRWNlm8
Fresh Cringe
>>
>>9600204
see i have no problem with kpop covers in cosplay (when done correctly) but when people clearly aren't suited for it attempt it, the cringe intensifies
>>
File: 1485616268039.jpg (29KB, 479x461px) Image search: [Google]
1485616268039.jpg
29KB, 479x461px
>>9600204
Good luck, she's so stiff and slow it's sad to watch
>>
>>9597483
No Yaima is just member. Most other groups wouldn't take her.
>>
>>9600204
Christ. Doing the dance is more than half doing the moves. Was she watching the video while doing this or did she just "learn" it 10 minutes before?
>>
File: IMG_4283.jpg (137KB, 1242x852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4283.jpg
137KB, 1242x852px
Am I the only one, even with the info about how they left, who thinks this is the shittiest "they've left" message ever? No "we wish them the best", no "we enjoyed our time with them". Shady.
>>
This shit is so cringey, I've never been able to like cover groups/wannabe idols.
>>
>>9601209
Why not? There are some pretty good vocal cover groups and collabs.
>>
I've found this. The blonde in the middle is pretty cute.

https://youtu.be/ToyAVnlH0b0
>>
>>9600204
>>9600213

Yep, it looked stiff as hell.

>>9600210

What are some good examples?
>>
>>9601206
Sandie left too?
>>
>>9601214
Purple girl's wig falling off at the end. Could they not have just reshot that?
>>
>>9601251
Apparently so. I wonder if they both left for the same reason. Probably so.
>>
>>9601259
Sandie wanted money
>>
>>9601206
it seems okay to me? If i didn't know shady stuff was going on i wouldn't suspect it.
>>
>>9601314
how do you know that? Is there any proof
>>
>>9601222
my personal opinion but these are good in my books

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-BVGLzcN2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxNmjxyXhk
<this one is meant to be a parody for a burlesque show but still pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GM-rsCA4gM
<i like this one specifically because of the one in red on the left, they danced well and kept the character they're cosplaying in mind with changing a few poses to suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXI7x5Nw_K0
<another nice example of incorporating the characters into the dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns7gpSISJ1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGp_JIAUE_s
<only thing with this one is i wish there were less close ups since they're a bit awkward. The quality and sync is really good though.
>>
>>9601214
Those close up shots show some greasy af foundation. Purple wig also needs to learn how to secure her wig properly.
>>
>>9601314
I don't know about you anon but I would want money too if I was signed to a group, recording music, and going to shows considering that's kind of how it works. I doubt they sold any of their single but I'd still want to get paid.
>>
>>9601380
one would think but that's not how the music business works. For new talent, in order to actually start getting paid you have to earn back the money spent in making the content. Long story short you need to make profit before getting paid. If you're an entertainer under a label and you get paid before making money, that's rare and pure lucky.

But in this case apparently they were spending their own money anyways, so maybe she just didn't think it wouldn't be worth the effort in the end.
>>
>>9601391
typos for days ha +she just didn't think it would be worth*
>>
>>9601206

Why do they call it "graduating" when it's more classified as "quitting" or being "kicked out".

When someone graduates, it means they spent a good amount of time in the group and there is typically a ceremony/celebration for it. This group hasn't even been established for that long.
>>
File: tumblr_oh1w4mHCcp1vlwqxpo1_1280.jpg (140KB, 1096x444px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh1w4mHCcp1vlwqxpo1_1280.jpg
140KB, 1096x444px
Also not sure if this was mentioned but I came across this tumblr blog of dance "confessions" pertaining to people in DMU.

Thoughts?

https://dancecovershade.tumblr.com/
>>
>>9601410
This is immensely entertaining, thanks for sharing
>>
>>9601348
Mmm seems suspicious to come to that conclusion so suddenly.

And even if she did it's probably because she expected to get something out of it. As a professional dancer she gets paid to do what she does if she's no longer getting any benefits from the group including not being able to add to her career im guessing that asking for the money she wasted on things she shouldn't have paid for isn't unreasonable to be honest.
>>
>>9601410
Honestly, I'm glad a blog like this never caught on. Since all the confessions were posted on the same day and nothing else ever was, it seems like someone who's salty they never got into any of those groups. And, aside from 4Chan, I highly doubt people give enough of a shit to actually follow this blog.
>>
>>9601410
Is this person ok?
>>
I found this: fb. com/VVnoona/videos/776523462496124/
It's okay? Not great, but it's not bad.
>>
>>9601410
>"You are about to find out some real shit that you don't see in person. Because the dance groups you love, are really different behind closed doors."
>every confession is pretty much "everyone in this group is FAT UGLY and UNTALENTED #worthless #faggot #losers" and are all clearly written by the same person
>>
>>9601348
>kpop and attack on titan

just end my misery
>>
>>9601410
salty vendetta in it's purest form
>>
>>9601477
It's hilarious to imagine the confessor stewing in front of their computer like some sort of vendetta goblin
>>
>>9601410
FSK had a good laugh when we found this. Shame whoever made the blog got tired of it after a day. "Disney only wants you because you look like Donald Duck" made my week.

I personally think it's someone in a DMU group, just looking at the confessions you can tell which of those groups they're a part of. I'm newer to the scene so I'm not exactly sure what their problem is, but apparently they've been doing shit like this for a while now.
>>
>>9601665
If you know more, please share.
>>
>>9601683
All I know is someone in DMU has a supposed history of making fake accounts trashing DMU. No idea why. It's childish, but it's a great source of entertainment. Pretty sure most of DMU haven't even caught onto it.

Most recently someone made an instagram fan account called dmudancing and followed everyone from it, but they made it blatantly obvious that they were in DMU by using different emojis in their description to represent groups that the groups themselves were suggesting on the private facebook page. They made a poll asking who the clumsiest dancer in DMU was, which is a weird question for a "fan" account to ask, then deleted shortly after. No idea if it was the same person but it was a really weird occurrence.
>>
>>9601690

Whoever it is, they seem to have too much time on their hands lol
>>
>>9601690
Wow. That's both fucked up and hilarious (in the sense of laughing at that person).
>>
Amina supposedly posted something "friends only" on Facebook about calling someone out and I'm curious. Anyone happen to have it?
>>
>>9601410
Sorry, I'm retarded, what is DMU in this context?
>>
>>9602140
DMU is an acronym for Dance Masters United.
It's a collaboration of over 100+ people in the Odottemita Community worldwide and they are usually more prominent in the North East side of America - being that they hold most of their dance gatherings there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSY_iLNVjZwjgS2wsJQYZHQ
>>
Stellure is making such a big deal about how they're practicing for Nebula's song and it's cracking me up. Every five seconds one of the members pops up and posts something along the lines of "Sorry I haven't been active, been too busy because of practice." Hopefully it all pays off, at least they're working harder than Tauri and Mimi did.
>>
I was lurking on Stellure's livestream right now and i'm pretty sure they (mostly Mimi) just criticized Kelsey Ellison's group K.OH saying their music video and song was a stupid concept and didn't look serious. Like these kids know what a good concept is? None doesn't even take them seriously in the first place?
>>
>>9602374
That's rich coming from them.
>>
>>9602374
I was lurking on their stream yesterday as well and apparently they practice once a month? They also said they are spread out in different states. I think that's an issue.
>>
>>9602434
Wow seriously? No wonder their stuff is rushed.
>>
>>9602374
coming from them its fucking hilarious desu
have they ever listened to their own stuff
>>
>>9602582
Yeah, what's worse: a song about a hairstyle or a song composed almost entirely of "can you hear me? Can you see me?"
>>
>>9602374
Personally I take people in wigs less seriously regardless of concept. I didn't enjoy the ponytail whipping or rap parts but at least I could enjoy singing portions.

Concepts mean nothing if a group literally has idols in their name. It instantly gives off the impression that thinking of a unique group name to represent and define is too much of a hassle and it's just easier to let people know that you're idols before even showing any content.
>>
>>9602835
I'm mad that my group's name was taken, and so we had to put "idols" in there. I feel like it delegitimizes everything and makes us seem less serious. Oh well, at least we show up as simply "ourname" in anyone's suggested follows.
>>
>>9602835
I disagree. There's honestly nothing wrong about having "idols" in the name just like there's nothing wrong about having "band" in the name (which I see happen a LOT) or even "Photography". And, usually groups are advised to have the same handles on everything to avoid confusion (even without advising it just makes sense). Stellure could've had just "stellure" as handles except on Twitter, there's literally a dead (and empty) account hogging the name so they couldn't.

>>9602908
Unless your name is extremely basic, there's ways to have duplicates (unless every single variation was taken which would be difficult). There's literally a "stellureIdols" account on Insta. Literally that capital I made a difference and is a different account.
>>
>>9602922
In b4 anyone says "which one are you":
It literally takes a 5 second search on Twitter and Instagram to find out who does and doesn't have a handle. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>9602922
Wow, can't believe I didn't think of the capitalization trick. Something to keep in mind next time a good name is taken! I still can't believe the name was already taken, though, since it's fairly unique.
>>
>>9602922
I suppose back when there were significantly less instagram idols, having "idols" or "project" in the name wouldn't have bothered me. But the amount of roleplaying group names including "idols" with almost no content has given it a negative connotation and I still end appreciating groups that can think of a name without needing to include "idols." I was specifically thinking about K. OH! when I wrote that in comparison to Stellure idols though most people do refer to them as just Stellure either way.

There isn't anything wrong with having "idols" in a name but it's just not as impressive when scrolling through hundreds of instagram idol group accounts. My logic was kind of backwards since I've just started to assume that groups limited by their idol group names that directly state their theme are going to be limited in possible concepts which is why I look forward to original group names where they can define and change their concepts without contradicting with their name. I do agree that using "idols" to keep a consistent social media handle absolutely makes sense.

(I disagree slightly about the "photography" comparison since that's a bit more difficult to associate a photographer's name to their role or tell from just their icon but that's an entirely different topic.)
>>
>>9602935
Honestly I'd almost appreciate K.Oh having "idols" or "music" or something in their name. It's so hard googling anything about them without finding a bunch of stuff on potassium hydroxide! For someone who might have seen them perform or saw their music video, but has no social media links to follow and only knows their name, they won't be able to easily look up the group.
>>
>>9603219
We'll their social media is K_ohgirls so that's a little easier, also I don't think they're an idol group.....?
>>
https://youtu.be/0RHAj-xLE2c

This would be really nice if she moved more during the verses and if she weren't so stiff during the choruses.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-08-19T20_44_22Z.jpg (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-08-19T20_44_22Z.jpg
2MB, 1242x2208px
I don't know how to feel about these. Opinions?
>>
>>9603576
I think they're kind of pretty to be honest.
>>
>>9603576
I would like them a lot better if they didn't look so cheap, the lace Mimi uses is horrendous.
>>
>>9603581
I agree but they're also kind of strange looking but I can't put my hand on it.

>>9603582
I wish that the would've let Stella still help. She may have been able to make them better.
>>
>>9603587
Maybe the flower crowns? Thats really the only thing that looks kind of off to me...
>>
>>9603594
Yeah, the flowers look like cheap Walmart ones.
>>
>>9603576
Best Stellure costumes yet, I quite like them!
>>
>>9603576
I like them overall, but I think the problem is that the top half of the costumes square off their torsos a bit. The weird broad square panels and the height and shape of the neckline just make them look wide up top, probably because they don't flow with their body. The blockiness looks strange against the flowy tops too which doesn't help.
>>
File: 20170819_175330.png (2MB, 1080x834px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_175330.png
2MB, 1080x834px
>>9603576
I only like them because Castillo and Astra are best girls. Also I felt like those two lost weight (or it might be just how the pictured is angled)?
>>
>>9603576
i hate the wigs so much. putting so much effort into the costumes and the wigs look like they are 4 dollar wigs on ebay. purple and turquoise dont fit them at all
>>
>>9603576
Stellure girls, i know some of you lurk here. please look into investing in new wigs before you make a new costume. Or at least look into making these wigs look less shiny, with the fabric softener trick or something. It'll up your look quite a bit.
>>
>>9603576
I hate the shoes but these are adorable. I wish they would've gone with white Mary Jane wedges or something idk boots just seem off for these outfits
>>
>>9603576

I think this is pretty cute, really
>>
>>9603689

Their posing could have been done a lot better. Also facial expressions aren't the worst but could be worked on as well.

Maybe color correct the photo too by softening the vibrancy of the green in photoshop?
>>
>>9601690
oh shit dude i forgot about that lol
>>
>>9603576
I think they're cute for Stellure. But like other anons have been saying, I just don't get how this goes with the whole galaxy theme they have established.
>>
>>9603308
they're not, they've done covers of stuff during that first performance of theirs but they don't call themselves an idol group.

>>9603449
The camera should have been zoomed in more, the background drowns her out.

>>9603576
They're....actually pretty cute? Honestly I would say these are their best ones in terms of flattering their bodies. Only thing i'm not feeling are those ruffle things on their legs and you can tell how cheap the fabric is. Even went as far as to wear the same shoes.
>>
File: IMG_1499.jpg (131KB, 640x918px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1499.jpg
131KB, 640x918px
Apparently Citresse went ahead and did a livestream. From the "article" on it, it seems like it went pretty well.
>>
>>9604327
I hope they know the organizer of Texas idol festival isn't too fond of the instagram net idol groups.
>>
>>9604412
Milkykittychu, right? Yeah, I can see why she's not fond of them.
>>
>>9604412

As a friend of hers, I think she is fine with them as long as they actually put in the effort in singing/dancing and I can see that at least Citresse tries.
>>
>>9604412
Just to add on that, of course her and I are very alike when it comes to these things but we don't appreciate those who claim to be "net idols" when in actuality they are role players that don't bother to do a bit of research and/or exert any effort.

There are a few instagram net idols (like Aikan) that I can give credit to simply because of the kind of content they make and what they aim to do with it.
>>
Do you know what I want to see? Net idols/odorites doing typical idol style makeup instead of cosplay style makeup. So many groups go with a really natural, minimalistic look. Even Kyary is more subdued than half of the girls dancing out there. (Obviously if dance covers are done in cosplay, more elaborate makeup doesn't bother me.)
>>
>>9604327
I watched the livestream and I honestly kind of enjoyed it! They all live in the same area so they're able to meet up and practice pretty often which is good. I was multi-tasking so I only caught glimpses of their dancing but based off of what I saw, everyone knew the dances well enough but they needed to work on syncing up with each other and smiling more. Their singing voices were surprisingly nice. I'd like to see them branch out from posting fluff and filler on Instagram and start uploading content to Youtube.

>>9604412
>I hope they know the organizer of Texas idol festival isn't too fond of the instagram net idol groups.
But she's not fond of Instagram net idol groups as in the "net idols don't HAVE to sing or dance!!" roleplaying community on instagram, right? Citresse have shown that they're actually capable of putting on a performance, they just need to upload proper content, whether song/dance covers or something original, rather than the fluff they've been posting on Instagram.

>>9603576
These are their best costumes yet imo, but I'm still kind of bothered by how these floral springtime costumes clash with their cosmic theme.
>>
>>9604984
I agree with her completely, it's pretty much what's been said in this thread
>>
Competely hypothetical but I think if Citresse did want to join in, they would not be able to compete in quality with Love Notes or Starlight Project if they're planning on doing LL covers even if they also included singing. It would probably be a bit too soon to have an original song polished. Though I don't think they're planning on depending solely on LL, it was probably just as a starter since LL is easy on the formations and dance moves.

Out of all these informally "net idol" groups, I actually enjoy Citresse mostly because of how openminded Citra is. She has openly admitted that she knows they're not the best and wishes people would be honest and critique things that should be better instead of just saying they're good. Also admitted to perhaps jumping the net idol bandwagon too quickly before stocking up on content. Her intro included how she's a fan of Pripara and iRis and the variety of not just idolmas and LL is refreshing. I think Citresse might be the only group that is on the line between "roleplay idols" and "performing idols" and their young age makes them appealing to other young roleplayers but their efforts in dancing and singing appeals to people into idols.
>>
>>9605040
Only having three members is probably their biggest weakness when it comes to LL covers, if they did some subgroup songs I think they would stand a much better chance against other groups. (Kind of selfish, but I wish they would do some of the Aikatsu trio songs, since both Citra and Mida apparently like the show. There is a serious lack of decent Aikatsu covers out there.)
>>
>>9588106
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqSvqTsIx3fQjhz_czT3psg overall I think this group is my fav for LL covers
>>
>>9605248
Them and ラブライズ are incredible. I love *string of writing I can't read*Copy Unit's Yoshiko, she has so much energy!
>>
fb.com/SugarStarsDance

There is a new idol group in the UK.
>>
>>9605440

I know that crystal girl irl and she's actually so annoying
>>
>>9605467
How?
>>
>>9605475
I know her from school

She's just so loud and obnoxious its actually painful
>>
>>9605440
Honestly, they seem cool and all but I have literally 2 pages of spam from them liking my pictures in an attempt to get me to follow them. One or two pics sure. But they liked a total of 27 and some are recent...
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-08-21T18_46_05Z.jpg (659KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-08-21T18_46_05Z.jpg
659KB, 1242x2208px
>>9605493
>>
File: IMG_4526.png (604KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4526.png
604KB, 1242x2208px
>>9605497
Like this is totally not okay? Whatever happened to just sending a message??
>>
File: 20170821_140029.jpg (260KB, 641x2021px) Image search: [Google]
20170821_140029.jpg
260KB, 641x2021px
Woah i'm kinda glad i'm not the only one who was spammed by them. If they followed me instead of spamming, i would have given them a chance.
>>
>>9605497
>>9605498
>>9605504
They did the same to us, but at least the follow us before starting to spam..
>>
>>9605497
>>9605498
>>9605504
>>9605511
Someone got carried away....
>>
>>9605480
Oh I know crystal she's really nice and kind.
>>
>>9605521
Hi Crystal.
>>
>>9605497
>>9605498
>>9605504
>>9605511

Yikes... I too have dealt with the same exact thing...
>>
>>9605248
i love the attention to detail, like how some of them have ridiculous heels to be more the height of the character
>>
>>9605523
Lol not crystal the whole "if it's a nice comment they must be self posting" bit is a little 2014 don't you think? I met her at a con I spoke to her and she Was really nice to me I didn't get any annoying vibes from her so
>>
>>9605608
Not the same anon but I agree with you on the whole being an old thing. But I do think that going to school with someone vs meeting them at a con are two totally incomparable experiences. With a con you know someone for a day. At school it's at least a year.
>>
>what is your favorite dance you've learned?

Galaxias! is so much fun, its definitely one of my favorites.My other favorite is probably Happy Halloween.

>what's the most difficult one you've learned?

When I first started, Toroden.

>what advice would you give people who are trying to learn the above two?

Well, the way i learn dances is i watch the dance until i have a rough idea of the movements, then that's when i get up and perfect them
>>
>>9605668
Hey, I learn dances the same way! Gotta make sure you understand the movements before flailing around like an idiot. (At least in my case, haha!)
>>
>>9605668
I do something similar when learning dances! Before anything, I sit in front of the screen and practice the arm movements and maybe tap my feet. Since a lot of dances I try to learn don't have any crazy foot work, I try to focus on the hand movements. Then, when I feel I have them down, I start learning practicing. Usually by then I've watched so much that I've kind of gotten the feet/legs too.
>>
>>9605467
>>9605440
>>9605521
>>9605608
I've known Crystal over 2 years and she's an absolute sweetheart, and is actually talented in dance and singing
>>
>>9605623
Idk I think people change and also that's one experience I've spoken to her multiple times but I guess some people's experiences are different in that sense
>>
So Sunrise reuploaded their Aquarium video for some reason and they're deleting a shit ton of comments bc they're allegedly getting bashed by other LL groups. Wonder why
>>
>>9607058
cause of copyright, it happend often with love live song
>>
>>9607058
Where'd you hear that? Not trying to be combative just genuinely curious. That video still makes me dizzy since it changes shots and moves so much >< I'd really like to see a straight shot of them dancing to see how good they are. I know they did mijuku live but it's a super easy dance and they even cut out some of the choreography in the beginning so I still feel like I don't have a good idea of their skill level
>>
>>9607058
Probably because they're trying to sell their Aquarium cosplays for $100+ and claiming they were handmade by a friend when you can get them for $70 on Taobao
>>
>>9607139
I'm not sure if they claimed they were handmade but I believe their Kanan was able to get a seller to customize their costumes which is why they're so expensive. The main difference I see is that their customized set is more glittery compared to the standard version. It's actually only $50 on taobao not including shipping and $80 if you buy from a reseller on aliexpress.

As lovely as their custom versions look, I doubt other Aqours cover groups would want their hand-me-downs at such a high price and only solo cosplayers that are a fan of Sunrise would be willing to buy it.

>>9607117
The Riko mentioned how toxic the LL community is on her instagram. Not sure if it's due to video comments but the only new thing that happened today was the reupload. Have to agree at how nauseous the video makes me to the point that I still haven't been able to sit past the first minute before wanting to vomit.
>>
File: IMG_8342.jpg (227KB, 750x910px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8342.jpg
227KB, 750x910px
>>9607158
They weren't custom made just for them, they've been selling sparkly aquarium cosplays since the beginning of the year-ish. I ordered one in April and they're $72 on Taobao before custom sizing.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.w4004-14682601108.9.yILhQc&id=540003669484
>>
>>9607165
so much for a good, drama free group...
>>
>>9607165

they got their mijuku from the same person that did sparkly aquarium tho , that person does commision and Kanan contact them (shes chinese)
>>
>>9607117
>>9595048
>>
>>9589623
I dunno, something feels weird to me about them calling themselves the first Spanish idol group when their songs are Japanese? I know they're trying to be like Japanese idols but why not do idol-style music in their own language?
>>
>>9607205
Why does it matter? They're not doing original songs, they're doing covers. And they're from SPAIN hence "Spanish idol group." And even if they weren't doing covers, there's literally nothing wrong with doing songs in Japanese and your own language.
>>
>>9605377
If it helps anon this group is Umatobi no kai. Their members seem really sweet online and their covers are always pretty polished!
>>
>>9607177
Was the person they for mijuku from a taobao seller?
>>
>>9607605
yeah but mijuku was a commision they asked for
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MZjra_D4Xo&index=5&list=PLIsn_7s5CQheDYwZ6i303hTMQPPE-w2mp

>CGL
>>
File: tumblr_om70ppC96j1vapksbo3_1280.jpg (98KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om70ppC96j1vapksbo3_1280.jpg
98KB, 480x854px
>>9607158
Their suits are not really an original "custom", they're like the live version
>>
>>9607650

theyre talking about aquarium m8
>>
>>9607165
To be fair I only seen their Mari claiming that I think shes a bit lost
>>
>>9607609
So other people could get the same costumes commissioned? I just want the live version of the cos for myself and wanna know what seller they used lol
>>
>>9607767

The kanan know the seamstress personally so unless you know them nah
>>
>>9607766
I agree, I don't think it was intentional. Assuming their Kanan handled the Taobao orders and asked for specific measurements instead of just a size, I can see why the Mari assumed it was custom made rather than just custom sized. Sunrise isn't obligated to disclose their sources but I'm sure they would respond with seller or store info if asked but again it might just be the Kanan that has that information.
>>
>>9607767
In my experience, when someone gets a cosplay commissioned from a Taobao store they list it for regular sale after it's done but I don't think that's the case for this store. >>9607165 posted a link to the Aquarium cosplays but this is the link to the store https://shop165939520.world.taobao.com/?spm=a312a.7728556.2015080705.3.566a9095J0YTaC
>>
>>9607767
maybe if you pm'ed the group you would get answer?
>>
>>9607781
I already did and they just said a friend made them :( I just want shiny mijuku
>>
>>9607808
it seem to be the truth tho

you can probably comission shiny mijuku from someone taking comission
>>
>>9607774
>>9607781
>>9607810
Which member of Sunrise are you? You seem really intent on convincing that anon they can't commission something from the same shop. It's not unheard of to commission a Taobao shop, you don't need to be special friends with them to get something commissioned.
>>
>>9607650
They just posted this. Seems they stalk this thread lol
>>
>>9607845
They responded to comments about them in a previous thread so it's not surprising. Just funny to see them indirectly respond to the same topic on instagram. I always assumed it was the Riko lurking anyways.
>>
>>9607825
nah I met someof them at otakuthonand thats what they told me , dont know much about taobao tho so might be biased
>>
from what I got they did a comission with the seller of sparkly aquarium, if you want one I think comissioning them too is the way to go its not deeper than that
>>
They just seem weirdly protective over it- tho happy to resell for way more than anyone should be paying for one of those outfits
>>
File: LACM-14604.jpg (105KB, 630x625px) Image search: [Google]
LACM-14604.jpg
105KB, 630x625px
Sooo (quite Sunrise offtopic) i'm searching some Aikatsu/Aistars dance covers, and barely found vid. Any know how to search (in a specific way or specific website like bilibili or something)
I want to see more activity with other anime idols, not just LL every time.
>>
>>9607890
You should ask in the new thread >>9607921 since this one's autosaging
>>
I think we should all just appreciate each other for loving one thing together
What does it matter where anyone got their costumes from ? My fave group at the moment is musical rush tho
How about you guys ?
>>
Also stelluna dance is so cool
>>
>>9608022
It doesn't matter where people got their costumes It matters that people lie or intentionally mislead about where they got their costumes and then on top of that try and sell them for more than they originally bought them for.
>>
I wonder if Stellure's new song is going to be any good.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.