[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream Masquerade Carnival Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 19

Not long now gulls!

>Who's still worried about what to wear?
>Who do you think the extra special guest will be?
>Who's ready to get completely wrecked at the after party?
>>
>>9586655
How many people go to the after party? I only ever see a few select few who actually go.
>>
>>9586666
I'd say probably most of the people who go to the Sunday tea party go to the afterparty from my experience
>>
>>9586655
Lord help me, I am not ready.

The other night I had a dream that Novala was the special guest but all he did was sit around smoking weed and writing poetry he refused to show anyone, then Kokusyoku Sumire performed a live but there were only like 7 people in the room for the performance (probably inspired by when barely anyone turned up to Omnia Vanitas in VM).

My real guess for the guest is another AP model, I don't think they'd announce another brand (even a small one) on the day of the event because it gives people no chance to incorporate that designer's pieces into their coords.
>>
>>9586681
I could see it being Misako, IIRC she hasn't done a UK event yet.
>>
Just a thought, but could the special guest be Anna Tsuchiya? As anon mentioned it's unlikely to be another brand, and I can't really think of anymore iconic especially as they seem to be going with a kind of retrospective theme (looking back at Lolita through the years etc).
I can't see Misako coming since (from what I gather) shes not overly popular in the U.K. and Mana doesn't do overseas events (as far as I'm aware) so that's why I think it might be Anna. Plus Anna did a Baby event recently (last year i think) so she might be trying to get back into the Lolita scene??
>>
>>9586690
I can't see why they'd be secretive about Misako attending though, unless it was touch and go whether she'd actually be able to come. Plus she mainly reps Baby and I know some of the organizers personally dislike her because of her collaborating with AM etc. Maybe Rinrin because she speaks English? Again though, Rinrin would be enough of a draw that I not announcing it earlier wouldn't do them any favours with ticket sales. I guess it could be that AP model that's always in Spoon.

>>9586666
A lot of people go but don't stay long.
>>
>>9586697
I can see that happening actually, good guess anon. She's popular and notable enough that she definitely qualifies as a special guest, but she's not so popular that people would buy a ticket just to see her so they won't lose anything from not announcing it earlier.
>>
>>9586681
It seems plausible that AP could have said "We'll bring Risa and one other model but we haven't decided which yet".
>>
>>9586743
Anyone else actually not know who these models are?
>>
>>9586758
Risa's the moody one that also does larme.
>>
>>9586697
Anna Tsuchiya is more affiliated with BTSSB than AP though
>>
I wonder if Becki is going she's been getting into lolita quite a lot recently.
>>
>>9587299
Doubt it, haven't seen her comment on anything. However we are being graced with Kate presence.
>>
I'm hoping for Risachii since she's done a few AP related events but I know she's unlikely. But then we'd have double Risa, maybe that would be confusing.
>>
>>9586699
Tickets are sold out for a long time now though? So they don't have to worry about that

>>9587315
Kate put her tickets for sale in the ticket sale thread
>>
>>9587377
I thought they still had Saturday bronze tickets and weren't really limited by venue capacity for Sat anyway?
>>
>>9586690
Actually, Misako went to Hyper Japan way back in 2010 but I get the impression she didn't like London much.
>>
>>9587377
Hallelujah that dramawhore won't be there!
>>
>>9587661
Not enough Victoria Secret shopping trips and personal attention from sexy bald men, I guess.
>>
>>9587664
Yeah but that creepy guy that only owns one coorindate will be
>>
>>9587669
You mean someone actually sold him a ticket?
>>
File: sIVbXXA.png (138KB, 387x640px) Image search: [Google]
sIVbXXA.png
138KB, 387x640px
>>9587682
There was a secret about it this week. Will he wear the same coord two days in a row agaain this year?
>>
>>9587699
Ughhhh, and a silver as well? If he wants perks involving the designers he should be invested enough to buy from more than one.
>>
>>9587702
What was he like at the event last year?
>>
>>9587731
I only spoke to him once very briefly - he asked me something but I don't remember what, directions or something about my coord. At the time I thought he seemed pretty typical for an older guy crossdressing in lolita. I tried to be polite and give him the benefit of the doubt since he didn't say anything creepy and hadn't got a bad online reputation yet, although he was extremely awkward and I wondered if he had some kind of issue. Looks worse than in his Facebook profile picture and kind of ungainly, but still had the confidence to compete in the fashion fix (which I didn't watch but saw him at). Seemed genuinely happy about Haenuli.

From the fact he says he's a security guard you'd think he was maybe confident IRL but he's not at all, someone like Andrea comes off as much more socially normal. From how oblivious he seemed to the offence he was causing online, plus his IRL behaviour and the fact he doesn't seem to get the hint he's not wanted at the event, I genuinely think he's autistic. From all the drama online it seems like he's going to have a difficult time finding a tea party table where people won't massively resent his presence, but he did seem to have some friends/acquaintances among the London comm last year as there were women talking to him so maybe it'll sort itself out.
>>
>>9587764
I really hate when people form huge friendship groups to steal tables, but I would to avoid being near him.
>>
>>9587769
why? ofc friends are going to want to sit together.
>>
>>9587699
Just keep asking him if he's asked the "really important questions" etc I forget his exact words.
>>
>>9588247
At the welcome meet he just stood still in a corner. I understand if you don't have any friends in the community, but the whole point of a meet is to MEET them. His coord wasn't an ita mess, if he smiled and introduced himself like a normal person people will accept him into a group.
>>
>>9588259
After all his strops online I doubt anyone wants anything to do with him.
>>
>>9588259
After complaining that organisers only let there friends buy tickets, That volunteers who got early sales tickets had bought all the gold and teaparty tickets for themselves and their friends and that anyone who got a ticket in the general release must have hacked the sales or something I don't know why the fuck he's actually coming. He refused to come unless he could get at least a gold and teaparty ticket because "there was no point" in going otherwise. I guess he decided silver would do. If he tries to sit on my table though he can fuck off.
>>
How do the tables actually work?

This is my first tpc event and even though I have friends going I'm worried I'm going to be a loner at the tea party and will end up sitting with a group of strangers.
>>
>>9588458
People are really friendly anon, last year I ended up sitting with strangers and I had a nice time.
>>
File: manavisit.png (109KB, 1079x399px) Image search: [Google]
manavisit.png
109KB, 1079x399px
>>9586655
Mana-sama when?

I know it's never going to happen and it'd definitely not be a last-minute announcement for an AP event, but I can dream.
>>
>>9588440
I got a gold and TP ticket when they released simply by being really really fast. There's no technique to it, it's just whose fastest.
>>
Did anyone get into the modelling?
>>
>>9588693
I'm modelling for an indie "brand" that I've literally never heard of. At least it'll be fun, I'm glad I got in.
>>
>>9588486
That's so cute. I don't own any Moitie but now I want some just so I can wear it if Mana ever comes to my country.
>pls do it we have fancy cathedrals and shit it will be great
>>
>>9588536
>>9588440
I managed to get gold as well, had the page open early and furiously refreshed. Having payment details saved on your PC makes checkout faster, as well.
>>
>>9588707
Oh they've been announced? Dang I didn't get anything, that sucks.
>>
>>9588789
Yeah that's what I did. I think people underestimate how prepared you can be.
>>
>>9588814
Right. I'm used to buying concert tickets that sell out in minutes so I'm always *fairly* prepared and not everyone realises that even opening the page a minute or so after the release means all the tickets could have already been snapped up.
>>
>>9588693
I've been selected for AP!
>>
>>9588837
Are you doing the 10 Years show or the regular one? Either way congrats!
>>
>>9588851
I don't know yet because I can't access the group from my email link. I'm guessing the regular one. I'm not even sure which I'd want to do more.
>>
>>9588859
Looks like Cadneys a model
>>
>>9587699
Is he even allowed to come? He's been so rude to the organisers.
>>
>>9588707
Same here. I know a couple of trainwrecks who got big brands, I guess their submitted photos must've been good? I have no idea what they're really looking for.
>>
>>9588837
Congratulations, anon!
>>
>>9588807
Not the anon you're talking to. However the email said that other models will be announced later in the week.
>>
>>9588992
I think so otherwise they would have just blocked him from the event page I would have thought.
>>
>>9589126
Still hope!
>>
>>9589484
What if enough people complain about him?
>>
Maybe the guest could be Kimura U!
If she was there as a guest of AP it would explain why she wouldn't be selling things from her own brand.
>>
>>9589605
I love Kimura U but is she that famous that she'd be left until the last day?
>>
What time is the rehearsal for the models? Is it early morning prior to the event?
>>
>>9589798
Trying to sneak in anon?
>>
>>9589813
What's the point in that? I'm modelling, anon. The event page doesn't say the rehearsal time.
>>
>>9589827
Oh sorry, I assumed the page would be fixed by now
>>
>>9589798
I'm probably not modelling this year (unless I'm chosen by one of the last few brands who are being announced this week) but I've done it twice in the past, and yes the rehearsal is in the morning before the event. Usually about an hour before the gold ticket slot begins.
>>
what happened to the fatty chan who used to organize the events with kyra and mica? her name escapes me.
>>
>>9591377
Pippa I think
She still wears lolita so maybe they fell out or something
>>
Do you wear something related to the theme? I don't have any Carnival related stuff, only a simple mask I could incooperate into my headdress
>>
>>9591585
You don't have too as far as I know. I'm not anyway.
>>
>>9591585
Well I'm not. Some one turned up at the event last year in fairy-kei.
>>
>>9588693
Yep. I'll be modeling for the brand that I love.
I was very lucky!
>>
>>9592595
As it's AP I wouldn't be surprised to see people wearing fairy kei this year
>>
>>9592699
Fairy kei is so damn ugly
>>
File: 13024745.gif (1MB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
13024745.gif
1MB, 500x210px
>>9592700
>>
>>9591585
you dont have to follow the theme but some people do usuallly

>>9592595
>>9592699
I dont know why people wear different j fashions to these things, its supposed to be a lolita event.
>>
Heads up - if you have dietary requirements for the tea party, tonight's the last night you can do it. I forgot and happened to check today.
>>
>>9593880
Where do we send them? I can't find the old post because there's no option to search the event page. Is this just for allergies or for all dietary requirements like basic vegetarian stuff?
>>
>>9592699
I would be fine with it if its head to toe AP fairy kei. What that girl wore last year I'd hope she'd be asked to change.

>>9592700
Hush anon, just because a majority of uk fairy kei is awful doesn't mean others don't wear it well.
>>
>>9593928
Not that anon, however you're required to inform them of any dietary requirements you have– e.g. if you're a vegetarian.
>>
>>9593928
There is a page on their website for submitting dietary requirements, or your can email. Either way you need to have your ticket number on hand.
>>
How many people have gold tickets? I know we get breakfast.
>>
>>9595496
I have a gold ticket, no idea how many people total though.
>>
I would get excited about the breakfast. It wasn't very good at IW.
>>
>>9598230
This. I wouldn't even call it a breakfast. You'll be too busy meeting the guests and chatting with your friends to actually eat anything.
>>
>>9591380
This wouldn't surprise me. They seem very cliquey
>>
What are people doing about shoes?

I have mostly antaina and bodyline shoes that are AP replicas. Luckily I planned my saturday coord with offbrand shoes anyway, but I'm having problems with sunday. I wanted to wear pink shoes, but my only pink shoes are antaina tea parties.
>>
>>9600020
No one's going to care, and to be honest I doubt anyone would even notice. I've never looked at someone and thought oh god she's wearing shoe replicas! You'll be fine anon so long as you're not modelling for AP or something like that.
>>
Does anyone know if there are any events/meetups happening on the friday night?
>>
>>9600049
None that you are invited to kek.
>>
>>9600020
I'd avoid AP replicas because the designers will probably recognise them and it looks extremely tacky. You miiight be able to get away with non-AP replicas even though the rules state no shoe replicas (I doubt you're going to get thrown out of the venue in disgrace or anything), but YMMV. It's kind of short notice now for you to get some from somewhere else like Queen Bee or another brand now though, especially since it's Obon in Japan...
>>
>>9600020
I agree with >>9600037 , if it was a smaller event it'd be more noticeable but in an event like that, no one is going to look at your shoes unless you're modeling or something.
>>
>>9600049
I think only friends have organised things within their friendship groups. I'm not going anywhere though - I find the night before stressful and would rather have everything prepared and get a good night's sleep desu.

If you're looking to do something though, just post on the friend-making group on facebook. People organised a meetup last year for the friday before, and I'm sure people will be willing to go somewhere this year too.

>>9600037
>>9600145
Thank you anons. I'll give it a bit more thought, but if I'm feeling gutsy on the day I'll wear my antaina tea parties, I do also have blue shoes that would match my coord that I don't think are AP replicas. I think they're BTSSB ones though. I might just end up with those instead.
>>
>>9600159
Everyone was told shoe replicas were banned a year ago though, I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing AP replicas to meet the designers or models.
>>
>>9600159
Shoe replicas are also banned this year, as are replica bags.
No replicas at all.
>>
>>9600145
>>9600191
I thought replica shoes were only strongly discouraged, not banned? Still a bad idea to wear them.

Quote from Kyra:
"We know that AP are aware when people wear replica tea parties etc and as such we strongly discourage them out of respect for the brand. Print replicas and replica novelty and character bags are banned from the event."
>>
>>9600240
Yeah replica shoes are fine
>>
>>9600020
>>9600037
as the organisers have specifically said no shoe replicas i wouldn't risk it, what if they dont let you in?
>>
>>9600260
the organisers said themselves that shoe replicas are banned.
>>
>>9600314
They said they were discouraged
>>
>>9600303
1. No one's going to be standing at the door checking your coord before you go in.
2. I don't even know if any of my shoes are design replicas or not. There's only so many designs of shoes. What are they gunna do, print out pics of all of AP's shoe designs and cross reference them with your shoes to see if any match?
3. >>9600321
>>
File: s527-2.jpg (258KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
s527-2.jpg
258KB, 700x1050px
>>9600479
Stop being obtuse, yeah not everyone knows about every design but it's clearly to discourage obvious replicas of iconic shoes, like Secret Shop or An*Tai*Na tea parties that have the exact same design as AP's (as opposed to tea party-ish shoes that are not identical, like the ones Baby, Meta, Queen Bee and Bodyline have put out).

If they're not tea parties or the party glitter shoes you're probably good, as most lolitas wouldn't instantly recognise other shoes as AP and you could claim ignorance. If they are, why be rude? Find another pair of shoes to wear.

As a heads-up for anyone that's modelling or meeting designers, pic related from BL are also AP replicas.
>>
Kyra posted earlier on a rufflechat thread about replicas shoes that ALL replicas are banned, so I guess they upped it from just being discouraged.
>>
>>9601149
Is there anywhere to view past brand shoes? Lolibrary has no shoe entries
>>
>>9591377
Falling out. Crazy queen Kyra accused her of stealing. I doubt it though.
>>
>>9601180
Seriously? I never heard anything about that but it doesn't surprise me, Kyra always seemed like a bit of a psycho.
>>
>>9600639
I'm wearing old baby bl replicas, no ones going to notice or care
>>
>>9601188
I can never tell if she's friendly or not whenever I've spoken to her. She's the queen of private secret meets no one knows about though.
Dom is cool, wish he would dress up though.
>>
>>9601180
yo what- I'm gonna need more deets on this stealing thing
>>
>>9594021
Pics of last year girl?
>>
>>9601188
I find her and Mica quite peculiar...
>>
>>9601180
lol wat, Pippa just dropped off the face of the planet for a bit and has only re-emerged recently- this is rubbish
>>
>>9601297
Mica is a little bit intimidating at first but once you get to know her she's actually really lovely.
>>
>>9601377
I miss Pippa, she was so sweet and chill
>>
>>9601377
This sums Mica up pretty much.
>>9601382
Me too, i dont know her very well but she did seem lovely the few times i spoke to her and from what other friends have told me.
>>
>>9601382
>>9601398
From the few times we spoke she came off alot more approachable than others.
>>
how much money is everyone taking?
>>
>>9601200
maybe she's just hanging out with friends, while dressed in lolita? not everything is a secret meet anon
>>
>>9601468
£200 cash
>>
>>9589036
They're looking for a good face and the right measurements
>>
>>9602029
Yeah I'm thinking that about the ap models, I reckon they'll all have the same measurements and shoe size so they can wear ap shoes
>>
>>9602030
It looks like a lot of girls picked don't own ap shoes so it will be interesting.
>>
>>9601468
£400, but only because I want to buy a dress
I'd take £150 otherwise
>>
>>9602035
I was upset at first that I wasn't chosen by ap but now seeing the pain that all the ap models are going through trying to find shoes I'm acutally happy they didn't choose me
>>
>>9602047
For real, I'm not modelling at all and I think it's because my feet are too big. I'm also probably not cute enough, but hey atleast I don't have to arrive early.
>>
>>9602047
I've been wondering if the organizers would ask AP if certain non-AP shoes are OK, but I feel like AP would just reply with "Why not buy new AP shoes?" and it's go nowhere because none of the models want to pay £170 for shoes.

At this short notice as well, the only options would be ordering from AP Paris or trying to use FJ or another SS that offers DHL shipping to buy from AP and forward them for you, since EMS or air probably wouldn't arrive (desu even those are both a gamble unless you had it sent to a London pickup location).
>>
File: apparishoecollage.png (982KB, 1141x1392px) Image search: [Google]
apparishoecollage.png
982KB, 1141x1392px
>>9602080
Pic related is what AP Paris have up atm, free shipping over €150.
>>
>>9602110
what's the largest size? I'm a 7.5 uk
>>
>>9601377
Nope, She's intimidating- then she's a bitch if you don't ride her dick and agree on everything she agrees on
>>
>>9602128
Size L, I believe that's 24.5 in Japanese sizes, basically 24.5cm in length. Measure your foot to be sure before you buy.
>>
>>9602128
What Ive heard, a 6.5 is what they stretch too.

>>9602080
From what I heard, it was a last minute dash to ClosetChild/Wunderwelt for shoes. Who knows if they'll arrive in time but a disclaimer for anyone wanting to model AP should've been, have shoes.

Wonder how the volunteers will do helping the designers. Last year they were a mess of bodyline and ill fitting brand, Haenuli were very good to them last year but I can see Maki's disgust already.
>>
>>9602080
I'm on the model group and all the ap models and the 10 years of lolita girls all have to bring ap shoes for the fashion show - except for one girl who has ap bringing shoes for her. I hope that they can all find shoes, but it's seriously short notice, with the 10 years girls only being told they'll be needed yesterday.

Seriously stressful for them
>>
>>9602149
Don't they have LL as well, or am I making that up?
>>
>>9602151
That's shocking.
>>
>>9602154
Your thinking BABY
>>
>>9602154
>>9602158
They have LL, it's listed on the site as 25.5. Brown, dark pink, pink, red, white and sax tea parties all have LL left.

http://angelicpretty-paris.com/gb/28-shoes

Free shipping ended last night though.
>>
>>9602154
There's a few styles on the Paris website that advertise an LL, they say that's a 25.5
>>
>>9602187
Which should fit a UK 7 according to shoe size conversions. If >>9602150's right that L stretches to 6.5, maaaaybe LL stretches to 7.5 for >>9602128 but I wouldn't bank on it.
>>
>>9602151
I've heard a few people talking about how last minute it is. Hopefully everything works out on the day.
>>
>>9602199
I've pretty much realised I'll never be able to wear brand shoes which sucks
>>
>>9602202
They were just told yesterday, and no where does it ask if you own Ap shoes already. So it's unlikely they do since it's pricey.

>>9602210
Don't worry, Ap shoes are not worth it. For that price point you are better off getting leather.
>>
>>9602155
Yup

Plus they don't know what they'll be wearing yet so if they find shoes it won't be certain that they'll go with the outfit
>>
>>9602130
That's the vibe I'm getting from her. I've seen posts here and there in RC where she was stirring the pot, so to speak. Is she argumentative irl?
>>
>>9602270
No she'll look down at you and walk away if you try to talk to her
>>
>>9586697
I don't think so, Anna Tsuchiya is a big celeb in Japan so she wouldn't just agree to appear at an event for free like lolita brands.
>>
>>9586655
Could Akira be coming with Triple Fortune again or is that just wishful thinking?
>>
>>9602273
no she wont stop talking shit
>>
What's everyone dreading?
>>
>>9602326
getting up and ready in the morning with one bathroom between multiple people
>>
>>9602326
Not having enough money to buy everything I want, trying to find a good seat during the tea party
>>
Does anyone know if this is a replica of any AP bags? I don't think it is but I'm hyper aware of it now they mentioned bag replicas specifically. Lolibrary has loads of pictures missing so it's pretty much useless right now.
>>
File: viewImage.jpg (10KB, 382x400px) Image search: [Google]
viewImage.jpg
10KB, 382x400px
>>9602348
Dropped my pic cause I'm a numpty!
>>
>>9602353
Those Loppy bunnies aren't by AP those are by AMUSE
>>
>>9602362
Thank you! Mine was bought for me off eBay so it's probably a replica, do you think anyone would notice or care if I wore it to DMC?
>>
>>9602372
Everyone will know but no one will say anything. Not to your face anyway.
>>
>>9602372
I think the only vendor of licensed Amuse merch in the UK might be attending again but I'm not sure, if they're not most people probably won't notice (apart from all the people you've just outed yourself to on 4chan but whatever). LoveJojo were there last time selling the same backpacks and their stuff is legit.
>>
Does anyone now there volunteer shifts yet. It's bothering me that there's only a week to go and I still don't know what I'm doing.
>>
>>9602385
Love Jojo used to sell bootlegs and they've been really rude to Amuse collectors when asking about the authenticity of their products before. Just an FYI, handle with care.
>>
>>9602426
Oh, that's good to know. I know the one I bought last year is legit because I have another of the same item in another colour that I bought directly from the Japan AMUSE webstore to compare it to, but I'll bear it in mind for the future.
>>
File: s2cxocm1qid2nw.gif (1KB, 20x20px) Image search: [Google]
s2cxocm1qid2nw.gif
1KB, 20x20px
>>9602372
eh it's just a cute bunny backpack, I doubt anyone would care
So there's no need to worry anon!
>>
>>9602385
All the vendors have been announced now so it seems she's not attending.
>>
Does anyone have a link for the bring and buy registration form? I can't search the event on my mobile, and it will only let me scroll so far down the page.
>>
>>9602372
I'll know its you anon and as a huge AMUSE fan, will definitely be judging from afar.

>>9602418
No and it's bothering me too.
>>
>>9602326
Photos. I got sick and lost a lot of weight in a week, now my face looks angular and masculine. I'd planned on doing an updo but now I need to find a way of framing my face more to hide it.
>>
>>9602820
you should be happy you fat cow
>>
>>9586655
I'm really anxious my coords are not going to be "enough". Not ready.
>>
>>9601468
>>9601989
>>9602042
>not taking $1000+
>>
>>9603008
Same, but I'm wearing my more ott cord Saturday because that's when there's more people there. Then I'm going more wearable on Sunday.
>>
>>9601468
About £1000

Not sure if I should take it all in cash or if some of the vendors accept PayPal.
I know the bring&buy is PayPal at least.
>>
>>9601468
Not a lot - I'm about to go to Japan so I need to save my cash for that lol. Probably only going to get a dream holic wig anyway. I'm not buying any clothes as I need to wear the items I have now more.
>>
>>9602270
God forbid you disagree with her that she is the biggest victim ever because she is balck. Or basically that all white people are evil and want to harm/hurt/kill minorities in some way. I know there are terrible white people, but she is just the worst example of "wah I'm so oppressed" I have literally ever seen. It doesn't help that she has 10-12 girls that will back up whatever thing she is harping on at the moment too.
>>
>>9603086
If you dislike her so much why not not go
To dmc and give her your money? Or are you already not going and just in this thread to stir hmmm
>>
>>9603091
Because it's literally the only big UK event? Im not going to miss out just because Mica and Kyra aren't nice people.
>>
>>9603086
It sucks they have so many of the community sucking up to them because they're "high up"
>>
>>9602677
https://tpc.dorks.io
>>
>>9603086
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this way about her
>>
>>9603096
Exactly, it's not their show, they're just organising it.
>>
>>9603096
>>9603137
I do think there should be more big lolita events in the UK, just no one wants the responsibility of organising it when it's likely to flop a couple of times before taking off.
>>
One of my coords is definitely more ott than the other and I'm not sure which day I should wear which outfit on because this is my first time attending
>>
>>9603142
First day. Because that's when you'll meet the designers and more people will see your coordinate.
>>
>>9603137
Sorry but I don't get your logic- doesn't an event belong to someone if they're the organiser?
>>
>>9603140
It's so difficult trying to get people to do anything. Even planning a small meet with a couple of people is a nightmare because people are so damn unreliable.
>>
>>9603144
I mean you don't go to see them. It's not about them, it's about the brand and your own experience.
>>
>>9603063
no true, some b&b sellers will only take cash (at least that's what iirc) I doubt the vendors will all ave card or pp so I'd have at least half in cash
worst come to worst do the ten minute walk to the bank up the road if you run out
>>
>>9603086
It's not the race stuff for me at all, it's opinions on people and groups and everything are just if you don't agree get out of her face
>>
>>9603140
You'd get distroyed, they don't want competition
>>
>>9603143
Thanks anon, is there anything else I should know as a first time attendee?
>>
>>9603171
bring lots of water- it can get pretty hot. and buy your snacks before hand it's a pain walking out of the venue to get food
>>
>>9603171
A spare pair of shoes and maybe even an entire change of clothes
>>
>>9603222
I'm going to need a bigger bag
>>
>>9603142
Day 1 more people will see you, but you'll also be doing a lot more walking and moving about so bear that in mind.
>>
>>9603160
We won't know until someone tries
>>
>>9603264
Please please someone try. I wish we had an alternative, I don't even care if there wouldn't be any major brands.
>>
What happened to the girl that was planning a big tea party in birmingham?
>>
>>9603279
Haven't heard about it, more info?
>>
>>9603281
I haven't really looked into it much but I just found the event.
fb /events/418187928575883/

I think there was some drama surrounding the host though?
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-19+at+05.03.31).jpg (6KB, 375x75px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-19+at+05.03.31).jpg
6KB, 375x75px
>>9603288
I just looked in the going list- kek
>>
>>9603288
She made a tasteless joke about supporting eugenics, gross comments about poor people and then made a non apology about it. So anyone that knows any of this isn't going to touch the event with a 10 foot pole- she seems like an immature edgelord
>>
>>9603306
Oh look it's one of Mica's sjw followers.
>>
>>9603091
Kyra and Mica don't profit from the event.
>>
>>9603306
She's honestly lovely, she just has an extremly dark sense of humour.
>>
>>9603396
Nothing that I saw that she said came off as a joke, even a dark one.
>>
>>9603264
Wasn't there another ''big'' event planned a few years ago, and that went to total shit, because they didn't get enough money to pay for everything planned? If only I could remember a name or something so that I know I'm not being crazy..
>>
>>9603404
I remembered! 'Austen And The Abbey' was its name.
>>
>>9603404
Austenand the Abbey?

http://getoffegl.livejournal.com/586460.html
>>
>>9603401
caps? dark humour isn't gonna sound funny unless you're also into dark humour

>>9603404
yep, people were stolen from and there was so event insurance and half way through they let people in from the streets with no passes
>>
>>9603410
What about the meet organised by Lee?
>>
>>9603396
nah shes a cunt in person too.
>>
>>9603465
If you're willing to give that guy money to put an event on, I have a bridge I'd like to discuss you investing in
>>
>>9603551
You'll have to give us more than that anon what happened between you?
>>
>>9603551
I've spoken to her before at meets and she was perfectly friendly
>>
>>9603551
I met her at the welcome meet last year and she was nice enough to me and my friends. She just says what a lot of people are thinking imo.
>>
Is it possible to trade items at the bring and buy, or is it sales only?
>>
>>9604303
It's sales only.
>>
Will Americans overrun the event again?
>>
>>9604351
Hopefully not
>>
>>9604320
I thought so. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>9603142
Sunday is when they are having the designers pick best outfit, it will be when everyone is at their best.
>>
Is anyone going to the Alternative Tea Party? The organiser seems to spend all of her time depressed on the internet and complaining so it's making me a bit nervous that it might just be cancelled last minute.
I also noticed that the event had "TPC" taken out of the title and coincidentally TPC released more tickets very soon after.
>>
>>9604485
Everything about that rubbed me the wrong way. Instead of being an alternative party it sounded like sulking.
"Wah wah wah I didn't get a ticket, I'm going to have my own party and it will be even better! So there!"
>>
>>9602237
Because of this they should probably just go with white shoes. It's the color most likely to not look horrible despite what dress they get put into.
>>
>>9604498
I didn't get that impression at all, but maybe I'm pretty forgiving. It was more "Don't worry, there'll be another chance for tea and we'll do our best to make it as fun as possible!"
I'm surprised there are so few attendees, it's not like the organiser is slighting the TPC party.
>>9604485
>I also noticed that the event had "TPC" taken out of the title and coincidentally TPC released more tickets very soon after.
I thought that was pretty sneaky of the TPC, I noticed it too and can't help but wonder if they got in touch with her and made her change the name. Also, if they could fit more guests in the AP TP, why didn't they release the tickets sooner instead of waiting until the point where people may have made alternative arrangements?

Should probably end this by saying that I'm not affiliated with either party, and I'm as worried about the Alt Tea Party not happening as anyone else.
>>
>>9602029
There are a few unfortunate faces in the modelling group though
>>
Has anyone been told they're modelling for Triple Fortune? Wondering if anyone's going to be given them last minute or whether they're pulling out of the fashion show
>>
>>9604544
I'm worried the tp is going to be completely packed with all the extra ticket releases.
>>
>>9604624
I feel like a couple of people on my facebook are modelling for them.
>>
>>9604624
They have been chosen. Doesn't make sense to pull out. But the thing is a mess.

>>9604636
I don't think they would have done it if logistics would make it too packed. Idk the numbers total now for comparison.
>>
>>9604624
Someone in the volunteers group said they were modelling for triple fortune.
>>
>>9604667
>>9604674
Odd, wonder why they haven't been posted in the group then? My only guess is that they want to keep all the outfits secret. I noticed a fair few designers haven't posted their outfits to the group yet either, I hope for the model's sakes that it's just being kept private rather than them still waiting
>>
Has anyone ever hooked up at the after party?

>Tfw I want a cute lolita girlfriend so I could buy her brand and having matching coords with her
>>
>>9604792
I think some brands are being last minute, I don't know my outfit at all or even what shoes to bring.
>>
>>9605253
Have AP announced their outfits yet?
>>
>>9605365
Nope, seems the organisers don't know either
>>
>>9602128
Nope. I am a 5.5 uk and the large is only slightly too big for me. No chance, sorry.
>>
>>9605526
If brands want to start making dresses for big boobs can they please make larger shoes????
>>
Taking bets on what kind of shitty the weather will be.

I was so worried about a repeat of last year's heatwave that I'd barely considered what to wear if it wasn't hot and sunny. Forecast says cloudy and 23° with 55-75% humidity and I'm wondering if that's going to be disgustingly humid.
>>
>>9606087
I made a special trip to get my most lightweight summer OP out of storage for travelling and now it's forecast to rain when I leave. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>9604831
Wow, I'd like to know too. This is a goal, for sure.
>>
>key item still missing from Saturday coord, I ordered it a month ago and was estimated to arrive last week but it's still not here
>run to door when postman came hoping it's finally arrived
>mfw customs charge for it
>next available delivery date Friday
>getting train on Friday after lunch

Pray for me, anons.
>>
>>9606195
Are you not able to collect it from the post office?
>>
>>9606201
It's ParcelFarce so I believe I can technically pick it up from the depot, but the depot is forty miles from my house, only open while I'm at work, and I don't have a car anyway.
>>
>>9605546
They would have a market, I'm sure.
>>
Is it worthwhile placing a "high" priced item in the Bring and Buy? I have limited space in my suitcase, and I don't want to take up unnecessary space. Do people purchase items over £150 in the BnB, or do they reserve their cash for the vendors?
>>
>>9606087
I also ruled out a couple of coords because I remembered melting in the heat last year...
I think I might just have to have cold arms on Saturday with my short sleeve blouse! Sunday I can layer more or less depending on the weather!
>>
>>9603306
Oh, how funny.

Well, sometimes ago, there was a thread on RC about this lolita who had created a Kickstarter in order to fund her wardrobe on the grounds that lolita fashion helped her cope with mental health issues. Few commenters shared their personal experiences with mental health and how indeed lolita fashion was a good distraction to them. A lot of them pointed out that they did not agree with asking for money this way nonetheless. Low and behold, Kyra and Mica got involved in this particular section of the conversation (which obviously turned into a shit show from that point on). Despite the fact that most participants had established that having a Kickstarter of this sort was a little out of order, Kyra jumped on her high horse and went on a chastising rant, reminding people that the fashion is a "luxury hobby" and therefore not a necessity. Followed few other things that made her sound like an absolute classist. Anybody remembers this convo at all? I wish I had screen shots (inb4 cool story).

Anyway, fast-forward, you can find her these days commenting on various SJW flavored threads, beaconing equality rhetorics, and the likes. Or should I say "virtue signaling"?

Other than telling others what they had already established and agreed upon, she proved to be judgemental. I personally don't agree with the Kickstarter girl but all the power to her. If there are people willing to help her and fund her lifestyle, why not! Others get their hobbies crowd funded and nobody bats an eyelid.

Anyway, I was just highlighting the fact that if we denounce eugenic jokes whilst defending one of the TPC queens in the same breath, we also run the risk of being called out for having double-standards.
>>
>>9606552
I plan too, and if it doesn't sell you can talk payment plans.
>>
>>9606580
I've never heard of this 'virtue signalling' thing before, but it seems like a lazy ad hominem. How can you prove if someone actually holds the beliefs they say they do? Also lolita is widely known to be a luxury hobby....
>>
>>9606643
>>9606643
>never heard of virtue signaling
>must be fake then

There you go Kyra, welcome to the current year: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3Fterm%3Dvirtue%2520signalling%26amp%3Dtrue

Also, you missed the point.
>>
>>9606643
>How can you prove if someone actually holds the beliefs they say they do?

Where did anon mention anything about beliefs?????
>>
>>9606580
Screen caps? Interested to see this
>>
>>9606552
I plan on bringing one item like that.
And buy things for that much if I find something I really want.
>>
>>9606580
>someone had different opinions years ago than they do now shocker
>>
>>9606552
I've sold high priced items in previous bring and buys, but I get a little paranoid about it being damaged or stolen while on the racks...
>>
>>9606753
People don't change, they just become better at hiding it.
>>
>>9606844
Don't cut yourself on that edge anon
>>
>>9606195
get it delivered to wherever you're staying? or ask any london lolitas if you can get it delivered to them and they can bring it on the saturday?
>>
>>9606902
>>9606195
ok im half asleep, after spending all day frantically sewing and crafting and just realised that if it cant get to you from your local depot till friday theres no way they can deliver to somewhere else this week. ignore me ill show myself out.
>>
>>9604831
I heavy made out with a bunch of girls last year- no hooking up though
the girls that might hook up with people probably won't still be in lolita for the after party
>>
>>9606973
Well it's hard to figure out peoples ages in Lolita
>>
>>9601468
I'm budgeting up to about £500 but I'm not sure how much I'm willing to carry as cash. I think last year I had about £200 in cash and I felt ok but I'm a bit worried about carrying so much. I don't think I'll have it all in cash because I might like something in remote vending. Does £350 in cash sound right? I can always pop to an ATM.
>>
>>9607833
I will probably take about £350 in cash, I don't wanna carry around more than that
>>
The schedule is up!
>>
>>9607876
Graphic Design is my passion
>>
So apparently no one's allowed to take photos of Risa, how's that gunna work with the fashion show?
>>
>>9607883
Indeed, they might want to get somebody else to do this. I could barely read what was written at the bottom.
>>
>>9607911
I'm assuming it's people aren't allowed to ask for selfies?
>>
>>9607911
>>9607933
I would say that fashion show is different, I assume it's candids and selfies that will be the issue. But we will have to see, I am sure they will announce beforehand if people can't take pics during the show.
>>
>>9607911
Sounds like she's ugly irl and candids without shoop or professional photography will ruin her image. Or I'm just cynical.
>>
>>9607986
This is usually the case with guests. It goes for Imai Kira too, it's usually to keep the photo opportunities special, and also so that they aren't being bombarded all day with people wanting pictures. It also means no bad pictures haha.
>>
>>9607883
I have the feeling they scanned the flyer, that's why it has bad quality

>>9607911
I understand Imai Kira (she said at the last event that she feels too old) but Risa?? She's a professional model...
>>
>>9608090
It's probably to prevent any unflattering photos but also kind of disappointing because that's her role in the first place, to look pretty for photos.
>>
>>9605365
If they're bringing unreleased items it's possible they want to keep a secret.

For the secret guest, could it be Misako? She posted yesterday on twitter about rushed packing to go overseas.

I also heard there's a lot going wrong for this event, any details?
>>
>>9608660
I can confirm all outfits in the fashion show are unreleased
>>
>>9608675
Ready for sneaky photos
>>
Starting to get those pre-event jitters, how is everyone preparation-wise?
>>
>>9608755
On fire.
Screaming.
Bleeding.
Light fading...fading...
>>
>>9608660
Where did you hear stuff was going wrong?
>>
>>9608786
Kyra herself perhaps.
>>
>>9608660
spill the milk!
>>
>>9608834
>"Literally everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. This event has been the worst."
She's super vague about it.
>>
>>9608755
>not packed
>skin's fucked
>feel hideous
>would have cancelled everything if I could have got the money back
I get like this before every big event though, I'll probably be all right on the day.
>>
For the B& B, are we just meant to drop stuff off before the event starts/ when we arrive?
>>
>>9609316
Either, a lot of girls bring stuff before the event and during. Just make sure to have everything labelled up before hand.
>>
>>9608888
This sounds like bullshit, caps or drop it
>>
Fuck gulls I can think believe it's tomorrow
>>
>>9609650
Me neither, so excited.
>>
>>9609650
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>9609530
She posted a fb pic with that caption, I think it's just normal event stress though.
>>
Who's getting ready? I'm so not ready for today.
>>
So... how is it?
>>
File: IMG_1243.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1243.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9608729
ASK and ye shall receive
>>
>>9609530
She's always super vague with this kind of stuff, wouldn't be surprised if someone actually just upset her or something
>>
>>9610451
we meta now
>>
>>9610451
The print kinda looks like a tacky retro Valentine's card but I oddly like it the more I look at it. That "headbow" is a travesty though.
>>
>>9586655
Cmon gulls we need some sauce from today! Who bought the ghost AP bag?
>>
>>9610451
What about the other dresses?
>>
Anyone else disappointed with how little we saw Risa Nakamura?
>>
>>9610520
She was too busy sight seeing anon! Why should we interrupt that?
>>
>>9610520
I think she's coming to the tea party tomorrow
>>
It warms my cold, dead heart that people spent the day enjoying the event instead of posting here.

Having said that, I still want to know what went down. Anyone got any stories?
>>
>>9610594
Ita beat a Lolita, in cats tea party, at rock paper scissors
>>
Does ANYBODY have any pictures?
>>
File: IMG_1245.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1245.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>9610490
Sorry my international wifi runs like mud.
>>
>>9610669
Wait until tomorrow after the tea party, people are still nursing their hangovers.
>>
>>9610594
It was pretty alright anon. Midway through a group got pissed on leftover booze during the Fashion Fix and Triple Fortune then treated them to kabedon.
>>
File: IMG_1250.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1250.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>9610680
I'm so sorry I'm notnsure why these pictures are side ways??
>>
File: IMG_1251.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1251.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9610684
>>
>>9610684
those socks make her legs look like meat tied up in net.
>>
>>9610693
Sorry meant >>9610680
>>
File: IMG_1257.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1257.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9610690
>>
File: IMG_1260.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1260.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>9610699
Last one. Again sorry they're this way. They're up and down in my phone so idk what's going on. Enjoy!
>>
>>9610684
>I'm so sorry I'm notnsure why these pictures are side ways??
Because 4chan's software can't read exif data like a browser so it doesn't know where the upside is. You need to open the files in some software and safe them again, should be fine afterwards.
>>
>>9610702
Bluh. Well thanks for telling me. Noted for the future.
>>
>>9607003
You get id'd to get into a bar so uh, theyre all of age
>>
>>9610683
Ran behind and there was a lot of waiting around.
Personally I think it was too long.
>>
>>9610684
I want this print. And love this in this color.
>>
>>9610713
I do agree the later part of the day was tedious.
>>
>>9610713
Is this your first tpc event? It's always like this.
>>
I'm impressed, I only spotted like 5 itas.
>>
>>9610757
Usually they're scheduled to end around 5/6pm, not 7. I saw a lot of people leaving before the raffle
>>
>>9610757
I think they could have organised the fashion show benter instead of one girl at a time. Maybe while one was walking another was on the stage to speed things up a bit and make it more interesting. Also an MC talking a bit about the dress or whatever over the piano music.
>>
>>9611068
The start of the raffle was a mess
>>
>>9610594
There were some really fatty and ugly Lolitas modelling. I thought they picked models on face and measurements, clearly it was just foot size.
>>
>>9611068
If you were there from 10 then you'd have there for 9-10 hours by the end. Most people hadn't had any proper food because they were too ott to leave.

I also think a sign up sheet to take photos would have been a good idea. There was no point queuing while people took huge drunken group shots. There was loads of space, couldn't they move the food somewhere else calmer?
>>
>>9611072
I think the bigger issue is they put the smaller plus size model in a fucking fully shirred skirt and a huge cape so she looked like a dumpling, swap to a bolero and it would've been more flattering
>>
Tea party today- let's hope they give us more than one cup of tea this time
>>
Impressions of the guests:

>Maki and Asuka
Sweethearts as usual. Was surprised to see Asuka lugging a ton of stuff up the stairs herself, instead of asking for help. Respect.

>Risa Nakamura
Sulky little brat. 2/10

>Babi and Kaie (3f):
Angels that we did nothing to deserve.

>Imai Kira
An unassuming little darling. I'd never seen her before, and because of the request for no photos I'd assumed she'd look older? But she was super cute and sweet.
>>
>>9611119
Babi and Kaie during the raffle were adorable
>>
>>9611119
Who's the special secret guest?? The manager of AP Harajuku ("Candy") is there but I don't think she would be worth the fanfare
>>
>>9611119
>>Risa Nakamura
Deeds? I kept looking to see her but only saw her in the 10 years fashion show. What was the point in bringing her?

>3f
I was amazed at how chill these guys were! I wanted to buy something off them just because of how much fun they brought to the event.

I liked Kunika's presentation after the fashion show, but she felt like a wasted guest - most people had gone to do more shopping, you couldn't see the cookie challenge, and I had hoped we would see some techniques or something. I was surprised that her books weren't for sale anywhere.

AP's stall got ransacked so quickly, all the good stuff went in the first 10 minutes. I understand why but still...

Overall the event felt disorganised. I know they do a good job with what they have, and they have to do it in their free time, but honestly I'd rather pay another £10 on my ticket for it to be run by professionals.
>>
>>9611173
There was someone who's flight got delayed, but I don't know who because I couldn't hear anything Kyra was saying over the drunks at the back. Makes me laugh that Dom told everyone to help drink all the booze, then had to tell them to "shut the fuck up" after they complied
>>
>>9611174
Risa Nakamura was the final model in both AP fashion shows, that was it for Saturday.
>>
File: IMG_2951.jpg (64KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2951.jpg
64KB, 480x360px
>>
>>9611296
Is this*
Sorry
>>
No more tea party club
>>
>>9611296
That was fucking quick
>>
>>9611296
What is happening
I'm not at the tea party
>>
>>9611307
Literally this. Kyra announced she was closing the tea party club
>>
>>9611310
Holy shit
Why?
>>
>>9611302
I did it as she was talking, she was (like the whole event) boring as shit
>>
How was the tea party?
>>
>>9611360
> too many people
> too much waiting around
> hot
> boring

How does one make angelic pretty boring?
>>
>>9611362
I felt bad for everyone. They put in so much effort just to get crammed into a hot room with no space.
They shouldn't have had so many tickets. Limiting it to like 150, not 300.
You didn't feel speacial being able to go there, made me sad since it was so difficult getting the damn tickets the first time around. You had no chance to talk the designers without 10 people standing behind you. Unless you coordinate was huge you were forgotten.
>>
>>9611314
Stress? Private tea partys? who knows.
>>
>>9611359
Was any reason at all given?
>>
>>9611386
Nope
>>
Isn't Kyra leaving lolita?
>>
>>9611405
Hopefully
>>
>>9611410
+1000
>>
I read octavekitten saying volunteers bought a lot of the 3F stock before the doors even opened for gold tickets? Some deets on this?
>>
>>9611498
How privileged! Lol
>>
Was Risa at the tea party?
>>
>>9611047
Who?
> mfw probably is 1 of 5
>>
>>9611310
Why though? They couldn't have passed event planning to someone else? How selfish
>>
>>9611626
Thats what I thought, it's just rude. There are lots of newcomer Lolitas that will think theres no comm in London
>>
>>9611626
Because it's HER event
>>
What AP prints were on sale on saturday?
>>
>>9611647
Event planning is serious shit. It's stressful. It's even worse organizing lolita event cause no matter what someone will find something to complain about.
>>
>>9611642
Lol why is it rude? Organising an event like that is a full time job in terms of time and effort and it takes 6-9 months and gives back... well, beautiful memories and a lot of networking but people're not charities. If someone else wants to take over I am most certain you can just step up and do it.

Oh wait, people just too lazy for that and just want cool things and 0 effort.
>>
>>9611677
A lot of the mistakes made have been made before, they're clearly not being learned from.
>>
>>9611677
Guessing this is an organiser or someone close. If you organise events, you are going to get some complaints, especially if it's not the most organised and you charge £50 a head, it's just something you learn to live with. Either listen to the complaints, or don't. Just because it doesn't make a profit doesn't mean it's free. For the record, I do think people are overreacting a little to the small mistakes on Saturday.

Also, people do put in the effort - everyone staffing it is a volunteer, people travel from all over the world to be there, and brought their A game coordinating. There are indie vendors working hard, too. Just because people aren't willing to run the show doesn't make them lazy.

The organisers get way too much credit but fair play if they don't want to do it anymore. I'm sure there will be an event run by someone totally hopeless next year.
>>
>>9611758
Maybe Lee will do it HAHA
>>
>>9611642
There's already a london lolita community, it's literally called 'London Lolitas'. It's been around for a while
>>
>>9611626
if you're so generous, why don't you try it out then?
>>
>>9611498
Actually it was the 2 hats that they had brought in. They were Edwardian style.

The girl who did it was a Kawaii ambassador from somewhere and I think she was translating for 3f on top of the booth.

>>9611579
No

>>9611649
New stuff including the Halloween one. I didn't bother because it wasn't a deal. They marked it up so I think buying from jp store is cheaper.
>>
>>9611918
So a very dead group? Closing Tea Party Club is selfish if they aren't passing it on to someone else because its the biggest group.
>>
>>9610556
She didn't, but she's still posting shots of her in London on her Insta.
>>
File: IMG_3169.jpg (212KB, 612x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3169.jpg
212KB, 612x960px
>>9610701
Any sign of pic related? I saw it in the scans someone posted along with the tartan bears print. I really hope they do release it...
>>
>>9612095
Why wouldn't they release it?
>>
>>9611758
I organise lolita events (and also larp and board game events) but not part of the TPC. Just can relate to the organisers wanting to quit.
>>
>>9611675
It is stressful, but at the end of the day Kyra would rather say it is ending when she leaves, rather than step down and let Holly, Raven and Michaela find someone new to help them with organisation - which would be the better thing to do.
>>
But raven is returning to the USA next month. Holly and Mic both live in Leeds so it's harder to organise something you're not near.
>>
>>9612201
>>9612218
Maybe they are all fed up with it now.
>>
>>9612201
Kyra has been part of tea party club since the beginning, I don't think any of the others have? She said there were only 5 original TPC members there on Sunday.
If the others want to carry on (who says they do?) it's simple to rebrand and continue.
>>
If a comm had to take over the tpc, what comm would you like to see take over? What comm would you hate to become the iconic comm of the UK that organises all of the big events.
>>
>>9612241
Honestly, I hope a new group forms in London rather than just another comm from somewhere else in the UK, but I imagine people will just start hosting more private events with their friends. I can't see anyone wanting to be the first to try fill the hole TPC is leaving. Maybe more people will visit the street fashion Europe events now
>>
>>9612261
I hope so, but I don't think a new group from London will organise big events like tpc soon. It costs a lot of work, lolitas will always complain about the event and it's all about good teamwork. The right connections are very important too. And you can't organise a big events when you have no experience.

I'm interested in what street fashion europe is going to do now. This could be a good opportunity for them to grow, only I don't think it's going to happen. The sfe hype is huge,but they sell less tickets every year. And Kyra is also part of sfe, so I wonder if she will continue to be a sfe member.
>>
I assumed by "the end" Kyra meant that there would be no more big TPC events... but now she's changed the name of the facebook group to "UK Lolitas" so I guess she's even taking the name with her...
>>
>>9612023
The comm is still there though... It's not like the entire group has been deleted, it just has a name change.

>Tea Party Club is selfish if they aren't passing it on to someone else

Would you like to do it? Why not sign up to help? Or would you rather sit around being salty and contributing nothing? The level of entitlement in this thread is appalling.
>>
I'm actually planning on taking it up. Watch this space.
>>
>>9612307
Yeah, chances are there won't be any huge UK events for a while but if leaders from local comms start off hosting small events, then work their way up it could lead to bigger events again. Most communities start out really small, even TPC did. Volunteer and contribute if you want things to happen. I'm not TPC but an ex-mod of a lolita comm so can relate to stress of event planning.
>>
>>9612201
Raven is going back to the US soon, Michaela is kinda done for what I know too and I'm not sure Holly could lead it on her own although I honestly don't know her at all so that last one is just a feeling based on lack of experience.
>>
>>9612344
>This.

If you want to run your own event, call it something different and do it. Event planning in the lolita community is a lot of work with very little rewards and always riddled with complaints. Seriously start your own event with another name and there you go problem solved. I wouldn't want to hand my event to someone only to watch it slowly crash and burn.
>>
>>9612095
No sorry. I posted every picture I took and I took a shot of every dress.
>>
The Bring and Buy was organised by Felicity, there are lots of UK lolitas who can speak Japanese and are happy to help out translating, loads of indie brands donated prizes and will be looking for lolita events to expand, a lot of the photographers have connections in the community. We have the resources to do big events but I guess it will need people who actually have the time to organise them to pull it off. Point is, if we really wanted to, the UK comm could still have these big events. Even the TPC started small as somebody mentioned. Perhaps start small and try not to worry about being compared to Kyra. Given how much work she has put in over the years it would be unrealistic to expect a DMC level event straight away from somebody new.
>>
>>9612445
The thing is, people aren't going to trust a new event in the UK for a while, so selling tickets will prove difficult unless they are cheap or there are some good brands. I don't know who has the connections – surely it can't be Kyra if she doesn't speak Japanese?
>>
>>9612023
Honestly, the people who are here whinging instead of appreciating what they had, learning from it, and moving on to start something new are the selfish ones. You all are too lazy and entitled to do the work to make something great. I was sad to hear the news but I agree about it being better to go out with a bang then to hand it off to a new group who won't have the experience needed to manage a huge event. Start small and strive to be greater instead of crying about it.
>>
>>9612172
Because the universe is cruel and hates me.

>>9612424
That's a shame, thanks anyway!
>>
Thoughts on AP's releases? I thought they were pretty ugly.
>>
>>9612445
Because of the issues with trust and reputation for unknown people it'll take a few years to grow again even now it's been proved it can be done, so it'll be 3+ years until we get anything decent in the UK again, which is a long-ass time. Even if people volunteer and contribute things will be small and shitty for a while, which is disappointing.

>>9612328
Being called Tea Party Club instead of UK lolitas makes it easier to book spaces without venues freaking out about the name, so it's annoying that it's changed.
>>
>>9612892
This is my main gripe, yes I know "Work hard and don't be lazy!!" but its taking an easy reputation AND a name with it. We already have newbies telling us they can make amazing events but these are the only ones that have stuck. They don't even seem to be leaving the connections behind, so its going down the shitter quick and fast.

Also we need a new thread.
>>
>>9612565
I'm sure if someone willing to organise and that has proven they can do something smaller and nice asks Kyra to be introduced to X brand, she'll be glad to do it.

>>9612892
>>9612328
It's just a name geez. Come up with a name for your group that doesn't include the word "lolita" if that's troublesome.

I love how people try to find lame excuses instead of making shit happen.
>>
>>9612892
You're not entitled to a big event. None of us are. I felt before like a lot of the community took TPC events for granted, the reaction to this announcement confirmed that.

We have been spoiled having this on our doorstep. Maybe now UK lolitas will have to travel overseas and organise their own events, people will have some more perspective.
>>
>>9613137
new thread
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.