[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hair Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 49

I need some help finding some cute ways to tie up my hair that doesn't cause breakage. I feel like whenever I use normal accessories like hair ties or bobby pins, I can hear my hair snapping when I take them out. Any suggestions?
>>
or do you guys just exclusively wear wigs
>>
>>9583092
Good Morning Australia. Maybe log off for a bit and come back tonight for the majority of posters.

There's hair acessories that don't damage, but it depend's on what hair styles you do. What styles do you like to wear the most?
>>
>>9582960
I've pretty much use scrunchies exclusively if I can help it.
>>
>>9582960
Could be your accessories. Look for better hair ties, the ones that look like corded phones are trendy atm, and I like using small elastic for braid ends. Some breakage will happen because of life but it's partly what you are using and how.
>>
File: purple blood.jpg (156KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
purple blood.jpg
156KB, 360x480px
I need help.

I have attempted to dye my hair purple a couple of times now and it won't take all the way.

I bleached completely both times.

I used to dye my hair all sorts of unnatural colors and never had this issue before.

I've already lifted my hair a ton, so I'm not gonna do it again myself. I clearly can't get it right now - I can only assume I can't get all of my hair because for the first time in a long time, my hair is actually past my shoulders and is very thick so I'm sure I've missed spots which is why it looks uneven as hell now.

My question is, what should I ask a stylist at a salon to get them to fix my hair.

In my experience, most stylists will not touch my hair when it comes to color because they don't want to be responsible for it breaking off.

What do I say to get them to actually do it or can I offer them more money to do it or what?

If tiny girls in Japan can go from dark to lavender then I should be able to as well.
>>
>>9583450
>reddit spacing
no anon. Going purple is going to take a bit more. Your hair should basically be white and then you should continue using violet pigments and toners. Then use whatever shitty hair colors you want to turn your ratchet bleached mess into your favourite shade of edgy.
>>
>>9583475
>reddit spacing
>ratchet
>shade of edgy
>>
Where can I find cute hair accessories that aren't your average mass produced chink crap? I'm interested in ponies/scrunchies the most.
>>
>>9582960
I'll give you a hint: backcombing isn't a good idea if you're trying to prevent breakage.

Questionably tutorial aside braids are usually better for protective hairstyles than straight ponytails. I normally French braid my hair, roll the part that turns into a regular braid under the rest of my hair, and then secure it with a scrunchie/otherwise fabric-covered hair tie.

>>9583450
>>9583475
What they said, minus the slang. To be honest you probably did fuck your hair trying to bleach it at home: lifting dark hair takes multiple rounds of bleach and toner, specifically so you DON'T fry it.
Hairstylists also have compounds they can put in the dye/bleach to minimize damage. Google Olaplex, and tell your stylist you want your color corrected. You can always see if they'll be willing to at least even out the bleach job you have now, which you can add purple to on your own.
Judging by the fact you claim that stylists usually don't want to touch your hair when it comes to color, you're most likely a fried mess and you'd look disgusting even if you got your desired color. Focus on your hair health first and just use a wig for now. It'll look better
>>
>>9583539
>you're most likely a fried mess and you'd look disgusting even if you got your desired color
This is the kind of attitude that makes it not worth while to get advice here.
>>
>>9583539
Correction for >>9583450
Meant to say if stylists won't touch your hair. Sage for sleepily being unintentionally rude
>>
>>9583546
When I said that, I didn't talk about the specifics of the experiences I've had but I can assure you that I've gone into salons with my natural hair and was told "well you might of dyed it so no"
>>
>>9583579
They say that because they are inexperienced. So go to better places and look for someone who will be honest. Other signs of being shit is that they will try to convince you to just dye it brown to hide it.

>>9583450
I'm not sure what you are using and why it's failing, but you are best to look up colourists who are known for doing funky colours. They will at least have some knowledge of the issue. Be aware that depending on how bad it is, you may be unable to get as light lavender as you want without ruining your hair. But usually good hairdressers will address that to your face. Next time I suggest getting a friend to help or using mirrors to look for missed spots.

Remember that the only difference between you at home and them is they have easier access to high quality products and have much more practice, but if you are doing something they don't know, only the first applies. Sometimes it's better to just figure it out in your own, don't let salty anons get at you for it.
>>
>>9583601
>>9583450
I'm >>9583539, this is fair and also very true. My apologies for coming off salty, I'm a former member of the fried hair club and got a little overzealous trying to keep someone from making the same mistakes I have.
A lot of hairstylists are...not good. It takes skill and a good eye to be able to get dark hair to lighten evenly. I still stand by that if you can't find someone who has a proven record of handling wild colors well, try to find someone that can potentially just get you to an even blonde, tone that sucker with some purple shampoo, and put the purple dye on yourself.
I also say looking into olaplex is a good idea. No matter how good you are at bleaching, your hair is still gonna hurt from it. Better to be proactive about making it soft.
>tldr sorry for being actually socially retarded
>>
>>9583613
>I'm a former member of the fried hair club and got a little overzealous trying to keep someone from making the same mistakes I have.
Sorry I triggered you. I even mentioned that I had unnatural hair in the past and it wasn't an issue. I used to get compliments on how soft my hair was even though I had dyed it. That's why I'm unsure of what happened when I tried to dye it this time. I'm using different products, so I'm sure that has something do with it plus my hair is longer this time than any other time I've had unnatural hair color.

>>9583601
>>9583613
Thank you for all the advice though.
>>
>>9583993
Sometimes you just get unlucky. Hair health is a fickle beast, and changing brands of bleach/developer/leaving it on a second longer than normal/the humidity at the time can all mess with things. Good luck lilac friend
>>
>>9583490
Japan. Buy brands like axes femme or Liz Lisa. I've never been disappointed by the quality. But it's also easier to go there and pick out the quality stuff from offbrand shops.
>>
>>9583475
Found the anon that hates menhera
>>
On a whim, I mixed Gold Bond into my hair as an alternative to any sort of hair gel product because I thought it'd produce a more natural-looking result for what I wanted to go for (generic anime semi-spiky hair for cosplay). It worked perfectly for the texture, but because the powder is white, it made my hair look too grey for the character. Is there any offchance that someone would know about a similar powder, but more neutrally colored?
>>
>>9584038
>Go there
I'm afraid I won't be able to do that until years from now... But I'm a few hours drive from Paris and from what I hear there's a Liz Lisa there. If anyone knows any other cute shops in the area please say! I'm only familiar with kilo shop kawaii but I don't think they stock small stuff like hair ponies.
>>
File: hair-types.jpg (95KB, 960x343px) Image search: [Google]
hair-types.jpg
95KB, 960x343px
>>9582960
Can you describe your hair type, texture, how coarse it is, and how damaged it is? That will make it easier to help you determine a style that won't cause it to break
>>
File: tumblr_n4zs09zsBH1qebzwpo2_500.gif (940KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4zs09zsBH1qebzwpo2_500.gif
940KB, 450x253px
why does my hair fall out so damn much? if I comb my hair out in the morning, like 30 hairs will fall out. I practically have to scoop a small human hairball out of my sink every morning. Then, throughout the day, tons more falls out. If I run my hand through my hair, every time there will be at least 3 hairs between my fingers. I am vegetarian and am considering eating fish now because of the hair loss. Can anyone help? I have dense and medium coarse hair, if that helps.
>>
>>9586593
Do you have any current stress that might be causing it?
>>
>>9586598
Not really, plus this has been going on for several months
>>
>>9586593
I don't know for sure about your situation, but losing hair like that was one of the first symptoms I had of depression. Other than that, I was a pescatarian for a long time and had the best hair and nails of my life. I would go back to that lifestyle, but I really like steak.
>>
>>9584258
...there is no Liz Lisa is Paris. I don't think you actually need to go in store to see the accessories personally
>>
>>9586609
I'm the original anon and I had said to go there (Japan) to buy the good quality off brand stuff. Not Liz Lisa/Axes Femme, you can buy that online. I thought there was an Axes Femme in Paris at one point though.
>>
>>9586593
That same thing has been happening to me! The maid who cleans my house even asked me if I've been cutting my hair in my bedroom. Though, I'm not vegetarian and such, my diet is normal, no sugary drinks and lots of veggies.

Maybe consider drinking vitamins? Like centrum, when i took them my hair was great, now i can't find it, but it's nice, also lots of conditioner and creams for the hair are great, like a treatment and you let it on your hair for some minutes.

There's also avocado masks with olive oil, you leave it for half an hour while doing whatever and it should be nice for your hair. And i used to go to the hairdresser a lot, i got lamb placenta and such, but of course that wouldn't be an option as a vegetarian.
>>
>>9586616
yeah it closed earlier this year (I think? I'm so old I don't know up from down anymore)
>>
File: 1449115612767.png (329KB, 498x561px) Image search: [Google]
1449115612767.png
329KB, 498x561px
Had the hair stylist totally not listen to me today, and my bangs are fucked.
The worst part about it is that I've felt absolutely shitty the last couple of weeks and wanted to get a haircut to make myself feel better.
>>
>>9586593
Maybe your'e just overthinking it, it's normal to lose hair when you brush, especially if you have dense hair. This doesn't sound excessive to me, but I do have really thick hair so I'm used to shedding a bunch. I brush my hair a few times a day and I'd say I get a brush full of hairs morning and evening. It's been like this all my life and my hair is as thick as it ever was (excepting that time when I was fourteen when I got legit anaemia and didn't notice my hair was falling out because I was used to shedding a lot already, but that was years ago and I've been taking iron tablets since then and it's all grown back).
>>
>>9586975
post pics? maybe some hair savvy anons could tell you how to trim/style them better
>>
>>9586987
Pic related as well:
https://twitter.com/akridgenjh/status/494894817475035136

I mean, if this wasn't happening to you before and is entirely a recent thing maybe you should worry, but the amount you've described honestly doesn't sound that odd.
>>
Has anyone here gotten a digital perm? Debating on whether or not to get one, I have stick-straight hair and would love some curly volume.
>>
>>9586609
There used to be one, Axes Femme as well. They've since closed, but anon might not have known that. No need to be salty.
>>
>>9586642
I take vitamins every day, but I think I should start taking more B vitamins. I think I'll try the masks you mentioned, I hadn't even considered it!

>>9586605
hm, guess that's a good sign I really should start eating fish
>tfw finally can start eating sashimi and more types of sushi

>>9586987
I dunno anon, my amount of fallout has definitely increased since last year, but you may be right. I am also slightly anemic, so iron tablets could be a good idea for me.

thanks for the advice gulls!
>>
Bringing back this Google Doc because I haven't seen it posted in a while. Helpful for people who want bangs.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bOtnwgB9nh1HPKFPGY50JqtjibooeHZ6a3TCsOfAkDQ/edit#slide=id.p
>>
>>9588434
That is really helpful thanks!
Does anyone have tips on making your bangs fan out across your forehead? Mine like to stay straight rather than fan across. Is it just a matter of training them or styling in a certain way?
>>
File: katie rissa.png (910KB, 722x1198px) Image search: [Google]
katie rissa.png
910KB, 722x1198px
>>9588434
>even larme
fuck yeah anon, thank you!!
>>
Looking to get tips on bangs since we're all talking about it anyway.
I went to a salon awhile back and showed the guy a picture and he actually gave me a really good hime look.

It's grown out... should I attempt to change it on my own? what guidelines should I be following to change them? Like can I narrow out the triangle or should I just leave that part the same?

Also how do I tell if he included the side pieces in the original triangle?
>>
File: not my hair but similar.jpg (143KB, 683x1023px) Image search: [Google]
not my hair but similar.jpg
143KB, 683x1023px
Any recs for long, thick hair? My hair is around 33 inches/85cm and I love wearing it up, but the updos I had mastered in the past are becoming harder to do the longer my hair gets, and I'd like to keep growing it. I've found a few tutorials but many times they are intended for hair significantly finer/thinner/straighter than mine (my ponytail is 5+ inches around, excluding himecut bangs) . Am I in braid territory forever?
>>
>>9584340
Not OP but I'm a 2C and want to be a 1 without ironing everyday. How do?
>>
>>9589296
Get a straight perm. You can't just magically get straight hair.
>>
>>9588615
Heat styling and spreading them out over a bristle brush so they fan out rather than kinda sit in clumps.

>>9589160
I'm not quite sure what you're asking but I'll try and clarify things for you. The guide is just a guide on the more popular way to chop bangs in jfash, not hard and fast rules. If the look was good on you, it's not super relevant how big your "triangle" was or whether it even was a triangle/trapezium/whatever shape. If you want to know how he sectioned the hair for your bangs, just pull that hair forward and see where that hair came from. I would just trim the same bit if you liked the look you had. A narrower triangle will obviously give you less hair in your bangs unless you take it further back than your previous sectioning. Also, the narrow the section the more they tend to want to either split or sit in the centre of your forehead without styling. With the side bits, it's kinda irrelevant whether they were part of the original triangle or not. Pull them forward with your bangs and see what shape it makes if it's important to you. If you want to change things, the shape of your section vs the sort of fringe you get with it becomes more relevant to you however it sounds like you were fairly happy, so I wouldn't change the sectioning at all just maybe give it the trim.

>>9589287
Partial updos are probably going to be the way of your future. If it's that heavy I imagine full updos will want to slip and give you a headache, and rag curls may just pull themselves out.
>>
>>9589352
Thanks!

I was trying to get clarification on the guide because some of it worded in a very contradictory way.

>Gather the section to be trimmed in a straight line between your fingers. It should look slightly curved because the hair on the sides are farther away.
>straight line
>it should look slightly curved
like which is it?

The guide is super helpful aside from that.
>>
>>9589352
It's >>9589287, and yeah, full or elaborate updos tend to require professional aid (aka paying out the ass for a visit to the hair salon) at this point in time. I hadn't considered partial updos that much, but considering that next month I'm moving to a much less windy area they could be a great choice for the near future.

Rag curls, hair rollers, turbans and plopping all have the same downfall: The area I live in (not for long) is too humid and my hair is just too thick (and high porosity) for them to fully dry if I try to do my whole head at once. I mean 24+ hours, starting with hair that's already 50-60% air dry (any less and the curls won't hold on me).

Right now I'm trying to recover my natural curls (used to be a 3A up to my late teens when I started growing my hair out and braided/brushed it down for years to my current 2A/2B). I went sulphate and silicone free 2 years ago and I'm hoping to transition into more curl friendly products once I finish what I already own. My hair is otherwise virgin (never colored, never permed) and I rarely apply heat to it.
>>
>>9589356
My understanding is that if you have bangs that sit straight across your forehead gathering the hair together between your fingers will naturally bring all the hair in your bangs towards the centre of your face and make it look like there is a curve to your bangs. So when you trim, follow that pre-existing curve to keep your bangs straight otherwise they will end up curved like a "u" shape once you let go of your hair.

>>9589368
I think with how heavy it is you may not get back to a 3A - the weight and length makes me think it's more likely to stay as-is. I have a few friends who have a similar change in their curls with hair length - once they get past armpit length they are more 2A but their hair is definitely 2C at shoulder length. I guess the other thing would be doing half braids, half updo to keep it manageable in wind.
>>
Would anyone be able to share some lolita go-to hairstyles, scans from glb/kera etc. or infographics? I'm fairly new to lolita but I still dont know how to style my hair besides down and wavy, or straight with a C curl. Some nice up-dos for long hair would be much appreciated.
>>
>>9583450
hairdresser here!
anon, sounds like you've really jacked yourself up. you've got to understand that going into a salon and asking them to lift your already damaged hair is going to reflect badly on them when it all goes wrong, so you can't blame them for not wanting to touch your hair with a ten foot pole. you have to be brutally honest with them so that they know absolutely everything that's going on on your head, and even so insist that they take a test strand before you have anything applied to your whole head.

the best advice i can give is have your hair chopped, and have a neutral colour put over the top to even it out. get yourself a good repair shampoo and conditioner (try schwarzkopf bonacure repair, or evo repair), look after it with weekly keratin or olaplex home treatments, and get a purple wig in the meantime. if you want to have healthy, unnaturally coloured hair it takes a lot of time in the chair and a lot of money, it's not a commitment to be taken lightly. good luck!
>>
>>9584251
....what the fuck? Just use pomade.
>>
>>9586975
If you have straight hair, I'd try and find a hair place run by asians as they're more likely to be familiar with full straight blunt fringes, et al. Don't ask me how I learned that lesson, haha.
>>
>>9588434
Thank you! I forgot to save this last time and I'm taking the plunge next week

>kinda terrfied (haven't had proper bangs since I was 5)
>kinda excited not to have to make my bangless hair "work" every time I put on frills
>>
>>9589423
my go-to lazy hair is some form of Dutch braid (a reverse French braid where you gather hair from under the braid, not the side) from a side part over or around the back of my hair over into a side pony, braid or bun. Always looks cute and takes 2 minutes to do!
>>
I just had to cut my hair into a pixie from near shoulder length because of lingering bleach damage from like two years ago. Luckily it's cut into a pixie that I can easily grow out, but does anyone have any tips to help? I already don't use any heat on my hair at all, and my diets p well-rounded, I also use a diy hairmask of olive oil and egg yolk too.

I thought about using the monistat hair growth method but I'm worried about how it might affect the new hair growth - if it even works. Anyone have any experience with it?
>>
The bottom half of my hair is bleached. What can I do to maintain silky smooth hair in that area, is keratin my best option?
>>
Can I put a semi-permanent black dye on my permanently dyed dark red? Will it return to a red colour once the black washes out?
>>
>>9589423
I always do looped braids if I'm out of ideas. You start as a dutch or french braid, finish it off, then loop it back up and pin it.

I usually don't bother french braiding first if I'm in a hurry, or wearing a hat, since it won't be seen anyways. You can have the loops higher up behind your ears, or down at the sides of your head based on preference.

If you favour simple classic or more vintage-y coords, you can do a sock bun as well.
>>
File: larme-magazine-issues-9-11.jpg (287KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
larme-magazine-issues-9-11.jpg
287KB, 700x900px
I'm stupid with hair. How would I style straight (Asian) hair to look like top left?
>>
>>9590717
look up Yuru Fuwa tutorials
>>
>>9589734
Red ken anti snap works wonders on my hair.
>>
>>9589423

My go tos are looped brades in the back or a high placed chignon. Misako has a good tutorial for the former, particularly in placement of the braids, and Fanny rosie has a pretty good tutorial for the latter.

Lately I've been lazy though and just been curling my hair haha.
>>
Hair newfag here, does anyone have styling tips for curly hair? (between a 3B and 3C using >>9584340) I'm really interested in buns and cute larme-esque styles but I'm not really sure where to start.
>>
>>9591224
Can you post a picture of your hair? (just blur out your face). Then I can look for tutorials with similar
Or at least describe your haircut and hair length. If you have bangs, layers, etc.
>>
>>9583475
I'm in love with the person who made this post
>>
I am getting bangs this weekend. thoughts on bangs like this for sweet/classic? I have a similar face shape/hair type to taylor swift and want something softer but not Larme looking
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 500x750px
>>9591609
dropped pic
>>
File: blurryhair.jpg (129KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
blurryhair.jpg
129KB, 675x1200px
>>9591288
Sorry for the blurry pic, I'm saving up for a better phone atm. It goes between loose curls and tight drills depending on humidity, and I have sideswept bangs.
>>
>>9583601
>usually good hairdressers will address that to your face
this. i dye my hair at home, but get it cut by the stylist who does color on other people i know, when i asked her about going from a box dye red to a rose gold, she straight up told me it would take 4-6 sessions, and probably wasn't worth it. A good stylist is actually looking out for your best interests
>>
>>9591614
Not to questuon your judgement but you don't look like you have 3b/c texture from this picture anon, looks closer to type 2 hair if anything. An image search might be more useful than the diagram above
>>
File: tutorialw2.jpg (185KB, 736x1063px) Image search: [Google]
tutorialw2.jpg
185KB, 736x1063px
>>9591614
Definitely seconding >>9591654 here, especially because you have no volume in the upper part.
I think your hair is perfect for lolita. I recommend hairstyles that compensate the difference between the flat hair on top and the curly in the bottom.
"Cat ear" hairstyle was popular a few years ago and I think they would look cute with your hair!

>http://carisseiris.blogspot.com.br/2012/11/cat-ear-hairstyle.html
>>
File: larme1.jpg (93KB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
larme1.jpg
93KB, 640x900px
>>9591614
Continuing from >>9591666
>>
File: hair2.png (1MB, 1360x904px) Image search: [Google]
hair2.png
1MB, 1360x904px
>>9591654
>>9591666
I love that 'cat ear' style, very cute! Thank you so much! I think I was going more off of what the ends of my hair look like rather than the overall, and I see what you mean about the volume difference - I've definitely been classifying my hair wrong, lol.
>>
File: larme2.jpg (154KB, 599x800px) Image search: [Google]
larme2.jpg
154KB, 599x800px
>>9591672
>>
File: larme3.jpg (50KB, 518x520px) Image search: [Google]
larme3.jpg
50KB, 518x520px
>>9591677
Last one!

>>9591674
You have pretty hair anon, just train a bit and you'll be doing these hairstyles in no time.
>>
>>9589616
>>9589816
>>9590787
Looped braids, never thought of that! Thanks heaps, will try these
>>
>>9587939
take neonatal vitamins! theyre good for the proteins that you need for nail and hair health
>>
>>9589806
Your hair will probably turn to a dark grey after the black washes out, if it does. The only semi permanent hair dye I've ever used was orange and it still left a bit of orange behind even on my unbleached hair. Black is very potent so if you're putting it on already lightened hair I would say that it's not going to come out how you imagine. But if you want to do it anyways, eventually wash all the black out you can when you're bored of the color and put semi permanent red/color depositing red conditioner on top. That might bring back your red.

But tl;dr black is a strong dye so I doubt your red will be the same once it washes out.
>>
I got some straight bangs last spring instead of my normal side-swept and kind of liked them, but then I moved into a new apartment. We ended up getting a unit that had no outlet in the bathroom so I've been styling-tool free for a year now. Finally out of our lease and gonna be moving soon.Can't wait until I can actually style my hair again.
>>
>>9592851
...extension coord???
>>
I just tried rag curls for the first time using those conair sleep in things and I woke up looking like Barabas the lion.

Anyone who uses rag curls have any tips for getting even, pretty curls?

I used damp hair and put a turban on top but my curls were less circular and some more downright rectangular.
>>
Anyone else here suffer with a front cowlick? I have one centre above my forehead. Which styles do you find can cope with this defect?
>>
Any haircare routines for someone trying to regrow lost hair and is hoping to have really long thick hair?
>>
>>9592902
You can't just curl them in random directions, think of them like soft versions of regular curlers and try to make the sections the same size, curl them all "downwards" and pin them securely. If they're getting too crushed that may be why they are rectangular, try pinning them so that the curled section is sitting flat against your head like pincurls

>>9593074
Like at the long hair community.
>>
>>9589806
It covers pretty well, but expect to see *some* red poke through. My bangs were a medium red color for a while and even after i've dyed my hair back to black, my bands are still reddish.
>>
>>9587068
Unless you're in Asia then you'll probably come out looking like an old lady. The average salon in bumblefuck, Idaho does not have the expertise for these Japanese soft perms.
>>
Have any of you been able to go from thin to thick hair? Is it a lost cause?
>>
>>9590736
?
A google only results in Pinterest pics.
>>
>>9593133
Seconding this. t. used to have thicker hair
>>
straight, thin brown hair is J U S T tier, i want to die
>>
>>9593133
I don't think there is a way to modify the consistency of your strands or the amount of hair you can grow since those are pretty much determined by genetics. Improving hair health can help with volume, and stuff like prenatal vitamins and solving any scalp issues you might have can have an effect on the amount of /active/ hair follicles you have, which equals denser hair; but you won't be magically able to grow more than what already is there.
>>
>>9593384
>look at hair inspo
>it's literally all curly/wavy hair looks
>want to die
>>
>>9593848
You mean CURLED hair looks... on originally straight hair. Naturally curly hair is a struggle no one wants do deal with, dont even try to be cute and pretend its not.
>>
Gulls, do you have any good reference shots of Hime cuts on fine hair (not wigs) that I could bring with me to a hairdresser. I had really long hair but I just went through a crazy shedding phase & whats left isn't really worth saving, its upsetting but I am trying to look on the bright side so I am taking the plunge & trying a new style.
>>
File: IMG_0535.jpg (97KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0535.jpg
97KB, 375x500px
>>9598375
Don't bother if you're not a pretty smallfaced asian girl like the one in your picture. Or else you'll look like pic related
>>
>>9598390
Or you could just find someone who can actually cut your hair properly. I have a hard time imagining the straight edges on this wig would even look good on someone who is a "pretty smallfaced asian girl".
>>
>>9598390
now that i think about it, i have never seen a Westerner pull off the hime cut
>>
>>9598390
She looks fine? Softer hime cuts are more universally flatteirng and that sort of sharp one is a definite LOOK but she doesn't look awful or anything.
>>
>>9598395
Shoop the asian girl face on the image above and you'll see that it suits her better than that creature. You know why? Because her face makes that ugly ass haircut tolerable.

Hime anon, you probably don't look like an anime character so getting an anime hairstyle will make you look like an autistic child who was playing with scissors while mommy wasn't watching over you.
>>
>>9598410
Bitter/vendetta much. Chill anon. Hair is grows back.

Hime-anon, I hope you find some pics.
>>
>>9598410
Anon, you sound really stressed to be spewing bile at a stranger & I think you need a hug.

I'm white northern european with a heart shaped face in my early 30's so its unlikely your vision will come to fruition.

I found some softer pics online (the heavy face framing side pieces are too harsh for me) but I was hoping some lolita anons would be able to contribute their own.
>>
>tfw bangs and side pieces weren't cut in a neat triangle so now i have to grow out all the wonky bits
>tfw the wonky bits keep getting in my face and taunting my poor decision-making

i also feel dumb because i've had bangs for ~6 years and they haven't been cut correctly this whole time. my life is a lie.
>>
>>9599132
same..
>>
I've been cutting my bangs for a couple of years but I wouldn't say I'm that great at it...sometimes I make mistakes go slightly too long or short but I never worry about it because my hair grows fast and mistakes grow out quickly. However, I have an event coming up in a couple of weeks and I absolutely cannot afford to accidentally cut it too short, since I fucked up my eyebrows and I need the bangs to be long enough to cover them. My bangs are getting too long and I need to give them a trim, probably right before the event if I want to wear them straight, but I'm shit scared of fucking it up. Any general tips on trimming bangs very, very precisely?

I'd go to a hairdresser but desu I trust them less than a trust myself, I've had too many experiences of hairdressers ignoring instructions and cutting way too much off.
>>
>>9599578
Just trim it bit by bit until you think it looks good?
>>
>>9598375
hime cuts really do not look good with thin hair. they are meant to have a solid and straight-lined look, and doing that with thin hair after shedding will not look great. there are many other more flattering and cute jfash oriented styles your could do.
>>
>>9590717
take the smallest curler u can find and curl in very small sections in alternating directions.
also heat style bangs.
ez but also time consuming
>>
>>9586593
Have you had your thyroid checked?
>>
>>9598406
My friend has one and it's really cute! She is white. It's definitely not a cut that works for everyone though.
>>
>>9589287
I have similar hair and updos can be an issue, but just keep trying different things. For me it's a lot easier to separate my hair and put it up in different sections, rather than all in one go. If I try to put it all up at once, it's way too heavy and pulls/falls apart.
>>
I have an idea of adding cotton wool on my hair for cloud themed coord. Any examples how could it be done? Also how the heck you get those big glitters stuck on your hair?
>>
>>9601123
re: big glitters- eyelash glue?
>>
>>9601123
>gluing cotton wool to hair
you're gunna hate yourself when you have white crap all matted and stuck in your hair anon, save yourself the trouble and don't
>>
>>9601156
maybe she could make a cloud halo or something rather than attaching it directly to the head
>>
>>9601123
I would suggest you glue the cotton to something else rather than your hair directly, like bobby pins or a wire. Pom-poms might look nicer than cotton balls though since they have more volume and have a softer look.
>>
any advice for dark spots in hair that wont fucking budge when bleaching? Ive done maybe 5 session of bleaching over the last 2/3 months but I still have some dark gold patches that wont lighten. theyre midway through my hair so I cant even cut them out.
>>
>>9601604
I had that too, it was really frustrating and I thought that maybe some chunks would just never lighten past warm orangey yellow.

Eventually managed to lift them with some 40 vol, applying the bleach when it was freshly mixed, wrapping it in plastic wrap and then using a hairdryer.
>>
>>9601123
Strong hair spray is your friend, for both the glitter and potential cloud idea. Don't glue anything to your hair.
I think fiber fill would work better than cotton wool, unless we're using different words for the same thing.
>>
>>9601150
>>9601123
Don't use eyelash glue! Many brands have latex that will not come out of hair easily.
A lot of trendy styles use thick hair gel as a glue for things like chunky glitter or rhinestones.
>>
>>9601123
>>9601150
hairdresser here again, for the love of god don't use eyelash glue. you could get strips of cotton wool and braid it into your hair. i'm not sure if it'd work with cotton wool, but with glitter you can mix it with a high control styling product like pic related in a small bowl and then just brush it on with a tint or paint brush.
>>
File: braid.jpg (108KB, 612x867px) Image search: [Google]
braid.jpg
108KB, 612x867px
>>9601123
>>9601852
could you not just unravel yarn? that way you can cut it to length, braid it in using techniques like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfU2UmI9onc then pull the hair/yarn out of the braid like pic related for a more airy look.

then yeah just use hair gel or hair spray. You can get some really white fluffy yarn.
>>
>>9598375
I agree with >>9598390 that the hime cut can be a recipe for disaster, but usually the fault of the hairdresser. It's important to be aware not to cut any layers at any length you wouldn't cut your hair anyways. The hime cut is just a blunt cut incorporating a disconnected front layer with a straight bang. Chances are, you want your front layer pieces to come down to mid-jaw or chin. That tends to be a more flattering length then above the lip into the cheek area whether you go for a super blunt cut or a textured cut as in your original picture. As far as reference images, there's hundreds of reference images posted daily. You'll realize many hair cuts are some variation of the hime cut.
>>
>>9601604
I can't give serious advice without actually seeing and feeling the condition of your hair. I agree with >>9601627 that 40 volume is useful to break through stubborn deposits. The usefulness of the 40 volume being largely dependent on how quickly and accurately you can apply the stuff. Usually, in that instance, it is best to spot bleach the deposits to maintain the integrity of the rest of the hair. Depending on the case, there is sometimes a lightweight conditioner applied to the hair much like color to deep condition what is not being bleached, serve as a buffer for the bleach, and provide some protection during rinsing. I don't know if you've tried the spot bleaching yet.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
This is going to sound like I'm trolling but I want Ardyn's hair colour. My natural hair is dark brown - could I dye a bright pink tint over it to get it the sort of reddish-tinted auburn he has?
>>
>>9593384
Same
Is it possible to perm your hair to get really soft waves, like >>9591677 or >>9591672
>>
>>9602502
That color is super easy to get on your own, especially with brown hair. I think Manic Panic and Arctic Fox make that exact color. Or if you want permanent there are tons of box dyes for that maroon now.
>>
File: IMG_2955.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2955.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
>>9602502
>>9602531
Dropped my image
>>
>>9602520
Theoretically yes but you run the risk of ending up with it being curlier than expected if your stylist doesn't know what they're doing. You're better off braiding your hair every night and using a serum or lightweight mousse to help it stay in

>>9602502
You're better to use a box dye rather than pink tint.
>>
This might be a silly question but does a tone have pictures of finer hair white girls with the traditional J fashion "triangle" bangs? I have seen it but don't have the pictures. I want to go to a salon but in the past have gotten pushback from stylists saying my hair won't do that when I show them photos of thick haired Japanese girls.
>>
So I tried doing a pull-through braid but it looks weirdly wonky and I'm not sure why. Any idea why this could be?

I also tried putting ribbons on my braid at intervals but it makes me look more like a prize-winning pony than Misako. Maybe my hair's just too short, or I need more practice.
>>
File: tumblr_oux0vxe1301u2qp2uo1_1280.jpg (196KB, 640x792px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oux0vxe1301u2qp2uo1_1280.jpg
196KB, 640x792px
i got coily hair like pic related (4a-4b on >>9584340) but about an inch or 2 shorter. any jfashion hairstyles i can do without a wig?
>>
>>9604293
Honestly your natural hair is perfect imo. Natural hair in lolita is so cute. Maybe putting it in a set of pigtails/buns?
>>
>>9604293
Definitely space buns / twin buns / afro puffs.
>>
>>9604295
>>9604337
nayrt but can anyone post some good examples of girls wearing natural hair in lolita?
>>
>>9604341
Full disclosure, I am a white girl so if I fuck up and post a wig or something I sincerely apologize
>>
>>9604354
>>
>>9604355
>>
>>9604341
Lolita-tips is shit and all but they actually have a tag for it:
http://lolita-tips.tumblr.com/tagged/afro

There are quite a few sweet lolitas that wear their hair natural and in different styles (rather than just out like Fro-chan, who always wears hers down as it's a wig) if you start looking round Tumblr and Insta, but as I don't use either often the only ones I know off the top of my head are girls I know personally, which I obviously don't want to post.
>>
>>9590717
maybe try someting like sea salt spray for texture! i use it and it gives me p similar texture, though i have longer hair
>>
>>9586975
I've been there. I went to an Asian hair stylist in hopes that she would be more familiar with the style of bangs I wanted and she cut them too short and crooked. 3 weeks later and they're finally long enough so that I can cut them straight again. So embarrassing..
>>
I keep seeing gradient hair in lolita street/shop snaps and magazines and now I want it, but I can't tell what color looks good with my face. I know some links about color analysis were posted one or two generals ago, but I don't have anyone to do that with. I have blue eyes, thin straight blonde hair, and my face is always kind of red.
>>
So I have sort of dull brown hair (pic related is obviously not me but my hair is a very similar colour).

I want it to be a few shades lighter so that it's a dirty/dark blonde colour, but I hate going into a salon to get my hair dyed every few weeks (not to mention it's pricey as fuck). Is there some kind of home treatment that I can use to get my hair lighter but not yellow or brassy? I used to use Sun-In as a teenager but it turned my hair orange.

Thanks.
>>
>>9611251
pink is almost always safe, particularly for blondes.

please be emotionally prepared for bitter girls on CGL to bitch about your rinrin hair, though
>>
>>9611607
If you want to lighten your hair you're going to have to bleach, which will make your hair brassy. This is why you use toners after bleaching.
>>
>>9611836
Thanks. I wanted to do pink but then I thought it would make my face look more red.
>>
>>9611836
>>9612154

>pink is almost always safe, particularly for blondes
pink isnt safe if you have the wrong skin colour. it can wash you out and make you look bluh. If your face is already red then err on the side of caution. you can always get a free consultation and get a hair dressers opinion, then you can just say nah thats too expensive and bounce.
>>
>>9586975
had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. i usually cut my bangs myself, but i was lazy at the time and now i regret it.

the hairstylist did the "twist and cut" technique thing on my bangs and they ended up cutting them too short. The side pieces i had framing my face were way too short and uneven, now they're growing out all fucked up.

never again
>>
File: _20170828_111358.jpg (302KB, 1180x1965px) Image search: [Google]
_20170828_111358.jpg
302KB, 1180x1965px
I can never find any hair styles for hair as short as mine, any tips or help?? (I'm considering getting a clip on fringe, so anything that has bangs in it should be fine aswell)
>>
>>9612195
>you can always get a free consultation and get a hair dressers opinion,
The nearest hairdresser is 18km away and I don't trust his opinion desu. Where do you live that they give free consultations?
>>
>>9612566
NZ. Its just so you can get an actual price instead of getting the bill at the end of the cut. Make an app, go in, they look over your hair and length, figure out how much product theyd use and then give you the price. then if you agree you make a booking.

if you can find a rip of photoshop you can also edit yourself with pink hair to see if you'd fuck with it. I used to have a hairdresser that would do it with colours or cuts for clients to see what theyd look like before committing.
>>
>>9586593
It can be something hormonal. My hair started to fall out a huge lot when I started using birth control and although I still have a very dense hair, it's like half what it was 10 years ago.
>>
>>9598375
Different anon but I'd love some more home cut examples. I have really thick hair so I have no idea how a cut would look on me
>>
So I have extremely fine straight hair, so fine when I tie it up I look like I have bald patches. I've got a fringe to hide my longer face, but I can't make it any thicker because I just don't have enough hair.

What's some good products to give the illusion of volume? Mouse doesn't work ever it just turns it into a mess.
>>
>>9613303
Extensions
>>
Anyone have inspo for bang-less styles for long hair, especially for lolita?
>>
>>9591681
The scan is kinda low res, how would a style like this work? Do you just section off the hair that goes in the pinned up sections, tie it into two ponytails, then twist them around and pin into place? Might be a super basic question but I don't have much practice
>>
>>9604356
That's a wig.
>>
>>9604293
Anon, join some Black J-Fashion groups on FB and ask there. Most, if not all, have threads dedicated to Natural hairstyles.
>>
>>9614693
Yup, basically. Or put a rubber and around the base of twisted section to hold it down
>>
>>9598406
A girl in my comm has a hime cut and pulls it off really well. She also has super thick and full hair though. If your hair is fine or thin don't even bother.
>>
>>9614930
>Black J-Fashion groups
aren there hispanic and asian jfashion groups too?
>>
>>9615102
yes
>>
File: Can We Fix It.jpg (26KB, 391x366px) Image search: [Google]
Can We Fix It.jpg
26KB, 391x366px
>>9584340

>have two feet of 2b
>each individual hair has it's own agenda
>go from 0 to frizzy mess in about five minutes
>wind is public enemy #1
>mfw I sometimes get tempted to shave it all off
>then it will look great for a couple of days as if to say sorry
>returns to its usual unruly behaviour not long after

Any tips for a clueless guy to reduce frizz?
>>
>>9615963
I have a foot and a half of 2b

1) carry a brush with you
2) straighten your hair if you'd like the look
3) use anti frizz serum
4) braid your hair when you sleep-a lot of my frizz comes from my hair getting squished down in weird ways at night
>>
File: 20170831_145729 edited.jpg (815KB, 2309x1905px) Image search: [Google]
20170831_145729 edited.jpg
815KB, 2309x1905px
My sister and I both want to get haircuts and we're looking for style recommendations. Pic related is me, my hair is thin, fine, and somewhat wavy (2b). I'm no longer dying it and am letting my roots grow out. My style is kind of mori but more polished. I want to keep it somewhat long. Any suggestions for me?
>>
File: 20170831_145705 edited.jpg (970KB, 2318x2337px) Image search: [Google]
20170831_145705 edited.jpg
970KB, 2318x2337px
>>9616361
This pic is my sister. She's a natural blonde but dyes it black. Her hair is a little thicker than mine and also about the same amount of waviness (2b). She's okay with cutting it a bit but no more than shoulder length. She also wants to do something with her bangs. She dresses more goth but also wears cutesy stuff sometimes. Any suggestions for her?
>>
I want to DIY ombre my hair. Asian black hair that's down to my waist (I'm 5 foot 7). Is this a bad idea? I've watched lots of Youtube videos on doing it but they're all white girls with lighter colored and shorter hair than me.
>>
>>9589296
Go buy a relaxer kit. You can get them in the black people hair section of Walmart for ~$5.
>>
Tips on growing out hair? Cut my hair into a pixie to get rid of damaged ends so I could grow it out healthy and I'm so bored of waiting for it to grow out.
>>
Tips on long, THIN, FINE, dry damaged hair (but super greasy scalp/bangs)? I shampoo my scalp, condition my ends, and have a fuck ton of products/masques/leave-ins but my hair never feels silky smooth. It ends up feeling like rope still :(
>>
File: 1495187551197.jpg (423KB, 1213x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1495187551197.jpg
423KB, 1213x1600px
>>9589287
I once had a link to some blogger with thick and long hair who was all about different updo techniques. She used to post on longhaircommunity, grew out from bald. Anyone know her?
>>
>>9616453
Cut your hair and stop washing your scalp so much.

The point of conditioning and limiting washes is to prevent damage. Once it's there, it's there and there's no way to get rid of it. You can only cover it up. Start with the search and destroy method of cutting all the split ends you see. If it seems impossible, figure out at what length most of the damage begins and cut from there.

As far as the grease goes, you have to suck it up and just wash your hair less. It will be greasy and gross at first, but over time you skin will stop over producing oil to make up for your constant stripping it out and you'll be good

t. I had horrifically damaged hair I used to have to wash 1-2 times a day to keep from looking greasy, now I have mid back length heathy hair and wash it 1-2 times a week
>>
>>9616441
I've done it and it'll be fine, just make sure to tone it since it will be quite brassy.
>>
>>9616457
>
I wash my hair once a week and have been for the past year. Scalp is still fucking greasy as hell. My hair also goes down my back. Is it so dry and tangley (the rest of it) because of split ends? I regularly trim my hair.
>>
>>9603233
Yes, seconding. I'm going to get bangs cut tomorrow, does anyone have pictures of the triangle section bangs, or just perfect lolita bangs, on a white girl without super thick hair?
>>
Any hair colors that can transition from this shade of orange?
I recently got my hair dyed but I feel like it washes me out a bit (I have light olive skin) so I'm just wondering what other colors would look better once this color fades out.
The base of my hair is very light blonde and then added dye on top.
Ideally I'd like to go to a dark blonde/light brown but don't know if its gonna be possible.
>>
>>9616827
>is it dry and tangly because of split ends?
yes, that's what damage looks like anon. sucks about the grease, tho. no clue where to go from there. dry shampoo?
>>
File: bangs-types-girls-05.jpg (40KB, 359x450px) Image search: [Google]
bangs-types-girls-05.jpg
40KB, 359x450px
might be a dumb question, but how do you curl your bangs where just the bottom half is curled like in pic related?
>>
>>9617498
Blow-dry with small curler brush at the end of bangs.
>>
>>9617498
I use a hair straightener and twist it under.
>>
>>9616827
It could be product build up, have you tried a clarifying shampoo like the diy baking soda one?
>>
>>9616847
I got bangs today and I'm super happy with them, all my hair accessories look great without a ton of work.
>>
>>9603233
>>9616847
>>9617770
I'm shocked no one has answered this so I'm going to be the fourth person to ask

Does anyone have any good pics of triangle bangs on white girls?
>>
File: DGJYBhKU0AE8jvY.png (836KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DGJYBhKU0AE8jvY.png
836KB, 1200x1200px
idk how actually helpful these are but a japanese artist on twitter made these cute hair how-tos

https://twitter.com/rammik7
>>
File: DIojJgXVAAEV5g-.png (846KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DIojJgXVAAEV5g-.png
846KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>9617862
do you mean bangs like this? You'd probably get more answers if you posted examples of what you want. if so, then you're only gonna find pics of alt girls because its a popular thing (well, was)
>>
>>9617888
The triangles bangs anon meant were discussed up thread, they mean triangle sections
>>
File: asdasdsss.png (19KB, 789x583px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdsss.png
19KB, 789x583px
Okay to those asking about the triangle bangs on thin hair there is one thing Ive noticed when Ive seen girls in my comm with their hairstyle.

So basically to get the bangs to not look as thin you take hair from further up your head to layer more hair in your bangs. Depending on where your natural hair line is this can look very awkward at times. If your hair behaves 100% all the time it looks fine. But when your bangs get blown around slightly and you can see your forehead through the side (pic related).... it looks like you are hiding a balding mans head under your hair lol. This is definitely worse with those that have a high hair line/widows peak so 0/10 would not recommend for them. If you have a lower - normal hairline I'd say it can look fine
>>
>>9617897
tfw have semi-circle bangs and this still happens
>>
File: triangle bangs examples.jpg (87KB, 427x460px) Image search: [Google]
triangle bangs examples.jpg
87KB, 427x460px
>>9617888
i meant like this
>>
>>9617893
>>9617897
>>9617907
Lmao oh Im pretty sure I've actually had these when I was cringy af and got a hime cut. Sadly Im not about to post my face. gl anons
>>
>>9617862
I was the second 2 posts, not posting myself because I'm having crazy allergy attacks tonight, plus i have a fat face. But it looks great. All my headdresses and Alice bows just look good without fussing to make shit look balanced.
>>
>>9617897
I am Asian but have thin har and this happens to me too. Maybe try opting for semicircular bangs to help with the sides showing. You can still have the blunt bangs in front, but use the side peices to angle down into the side of your hair. Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

t. gull still struggling to find a flattering shape for my thin hair.
>>
..Just how big is the benefit of getting my hair lightened at a salon rather than from a box?

I buzzed my hair and it's now at ~10 inches, totally virgin no heat styling, product etc. Medium ashy brown and lifts super easiy. I want to lighten it and go a light caramel-brown.

Box is $15 compared to $300 at a salon.
>>
>>9618751
Salon won't miss any spots and will lighten evenly. If you do it yourself it could be patchy or you could miss spots. Plus at a salon they either include or you can add a healing treatment to help the hair afterwards.
>>
>>9617884
>>9617886
I can't read a thing it says but I can follow pictures pretty well. Thanks!
>>
If I'm Asian with black hair, how much damage potentially would I do to my hair if I lighten it to Misako's color?

I'd like to get my hair lightened but it seems like a tedious process and it seems like even if I take good care of it, my hair will inevitably take a hit.
>>
>>9618751
As someone who lightens their hair at home, it is way easier to get it salon done. I've seen so many people slap box bleach on their hair and just fuck it right up. Im talking hair fried and falling off fucked it up. If you're going to do it don't go for the strongest vol, make sure to take your time and section your hair properly and coat it all. (The issue with you doing and having never done it before is that it will take you eons to get your hair coated properly, and with bleach you ARE on a time constraint, you cant take 3+ hours in front of the tv to idly apply it) Your price points arent even correct, because it'll take more than one box, plus toners and other shit, plus the dye to dye over it. If you have virgin hair it'll be easier to do because you've got no colour build up, but you get a lot of security getting it done at a salon. If the salon fucks up and its the wrong colour or some shit, they'll redo it free of charge, if you fuck up youve gotta pay the salon to fix your mistake.

Also I'd shop around at salons to find a better price (some will match or even offer you cheaper), I'm spending $300 on my hair and Im getting way more shit done to it than you are. Im getting bleach, toner, filler and two dyes on long ass hair for $300.
At the end of the day if you're gonna do it at home, do a lot of research, watch youtube reviews and tutorials, find the best products and LOOK AFTER YOUR HAIR.
>>
>>9616361
Figure out your face shapes and try for something that would flatter it. And remember, if you don't end up liking your style, hair grows back!
>>
>>9618751
what >>9618857 said.

I do my hair at home and usually spend roughly $100 per dye job. A $15 box of hair bleach is not going to to be everything you need, and if you are bleaching you will want Olaplex either in the bleach or as a treatment afterwards, preferably both, and the only way to get that is either through a salon or a sketchy amazon order.

I'm not saying you can't do it on your own, I am saying that it is a lot of work and is still expensive. The only reason I do my own hair is because I have never met a stylist that could dye my hair the colors I want without fucking it up so bad that it washes out the next day. The bleaching process is the only thing I let a salon do, because it is the easiest thing to fuck up catastrophically. Do your research and you should come out ok, but it is likely to be a long learning process. Pay just a bit more and you will have a good dye job the first time.
>>
File: hair-pictures.png (977KB, 2018x1246px) Image search: [Google]
hair-pictures.png
977KB, 2018x1246px
I've posted this in /fa/ but I imagine this board would know better, sorry if this is not allowed

So I am growing out my hair for a year now with the goal of it being just past shoulder length. I've had two haircuts since then, although now I will be getting one every 6-8 weeks. Only in the past week or so have I been learning how to properly take care of it.

Currently my hair routine(which I only started a few days ago) is to wash my hair every 2 days, condition it every time I wash, and only use shampoo once per week(which I've been doing for months now). I try to minimize towel drying in favor of air drying, which takes hours since I do not have a blow dryer, and I live in a dorm so I will likely not get one. I currently have silicon-based shampoo, which I hear is bad, but it's nearly empty, what should I get next? I've heard that dry shampoo and conditioner are good, but I've also heard that I should minimize product usage and leave my hair as alone as possible.

Here are some pictures I took about an hour ago. I washed my hair today, will be shampooing tomorrow. Is my hair fixable or is it fucked from years of not taking care of it? Also I swear the camera makes my hair look shorter/less voluminous than it is.
>>
>>9618930
I wont be much help because I dont know all that much either desu but have wanted to learn more. But just please dont blowdry your hair often. Heat tools are pretty bad for your hair and will muck it up.

Only other advice is... unless you have super oily hair maybe try for an oil you can apply after you shower? I've heard people usually like light oils (ie not olive oil) but stuff like argon oil or almond oil.
>>
File: tumblr_mb2tnzpIwD1r7kr84o1_250.gif (39KB, 250x180px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb2tnzpIwD1r7kr84o1_250.gif
39KB, 250x180px
>>9618857
>>9618916
Ah, maybe I should have included more info - I was going to use one of those box dyes that lightens and tones. I can't remember exactly which I was thinking of, but I have used it before and it worked fine in my hair. I was just wondering what the salon offers that makes it a 'better deal', so to speak.

Admittedly the last few times I tried to get my hair salon-dyed it was an abysmal, patchy mess so that's why I was looking at higher-end (more expensive) places to try to avoid that.
>>
>>9618930
Sounds like a good plan, my dude. My BF and I have been using Redken All Soft shampoo for over a year with no troubles, so you can try that out if it fits your budget (I got it 1/2 price when Ulta had their liter sale but I bet there's a travel size bottle you can try out first). As far as I know, anything labeled "sulfate-free" would be a good starting point. To get some volume, try applying mousse to your roots after you've wet your hair. The curls look nice and you may need to tweak your routine as your hair gets longer but for now I think what you're doing + mousse would be a good start!
>>
>>9618930
It's hard to tell what your issues with your hair are just through a photo. What are your concerns?

You don't really need to be cutting your hair until it's at a length where you notice there is damage on the ends.

Dry shampoo is to prolong your hair between washes, it isn't something you should use in place of regular shampoos. There are lots of silicone-free shampoos available now, you should do some research and find one that matches with your hair type (oily vs dry, thin vs thick etc).

There are also vitamins you can take to help your hair (hair skin nails is a popular one), or you can just up your intake of vitamins through your normal meals (eg. kiwi fruit and mangoes have lots of vitamins that aid hair growth, so does broccoli)
>>
File: IMG_0482.jpg (79KB, 696x783px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0482.jpg
79KB, 696x783px
I'm growing out my bangs and they're at a really awkward length right now. (Like they touch the tip of my nose) they're too long to wear down and too short for me to do anything beside clip it back or wear a head band. Does anyone have any hairstyles they could share!??
>>
>>9589287
What shampoo do people here use? My hair is this long, I never knew sulfate/whatever free shampoo existed

Any recommendations?
>>
>>9619327
Do twists! Treat them like a french braid and add a little bit of hair as you go. Don't pin across the twisted hair, pin it into the twist as it keeps it tighter and makes the bobby pin less visible. Looks really cute whether you pin them on top or under your first layer of hair.
>>
>>9619431
I like!!! Thank you ^^ I'll have to practice I'm awful at braids
>>
>>9586593
I also have dense, coarse hair and i shed like a goddamn cat. I'm always losing hair, I think it may come with the territory of having thick hair, but I also notice when I don't get a trim I lose more form the hair tangling in the dead ends. So maybe you just need a trim to prevent knotting and breakage. However if this kind of came out of nowhere you might wanna go to the doc just to be on the safe side and put your mind at ease.
(One anon said something about depression, I'm diagnosed with major depression so I'm not sure if that may have something to do with it or not,)
>>
>>9619478
It's not really a braid, it's pretty easy to pick up! I'm crap at braids too, I've had short hair for like the last ten years so no practise lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t6x7SekDVw

This video shows the technique pretty well, you've just got to take smaller sections.
>>
>>9618855
Another asian here, lightning black hair to that shade should be super easy. It's probably one of the easier/easiest shade to get which is why you see so many Asians dye their hair medium to dark brown. One dying session should do it, maybe two if you are very picky about the tone.
>>
>>9598407
>fine
>to be honest anon this looks like shit. her wig looks like a coconut helmet
>>
>>9619526
Cool thanks so much
>>
File: _20170904_133814.jpg (119KB, 623x849px) Image search: [Google]
_20170904_133814.jpg
119KB, 623x849px
I'm looking for dye recs for someone who lives in the EU. The local shops only have normie colours and temporary "crazy colours" (that only stay in for 1-2 days).

I've never dyed my hair before and I have blonde hair so I hope I don't have to bleach it first.
>>
>>9583450
If it's not taking, you've probably damaged it so much that it just doesn't hold colour any more. This happened to me. My hair was sheet white and I dyed it ginger as I knew I needed to stop because it was so damaged. The ginger didn't take because it was to damaged and I had to just shave most of it off. Good luck anon.
>>
>>9620235
Im not EU but Insta is a really good source for tracking down hair salons that do the shit you like.

Unless your hair is one tone all over they'll probably still wanna do a pre-treatment (maybe a low vol bleach) to make sure it's all the same so you get a true result and nothing patchy.
>>
>>9620678
Thank you but I'm not looking for a salon
>>
File: 1444138055487.gif (2MB, 237x304px) Image search: [Google]
1444138055487.gif
2MB, 237x304px
>>9618990
Update: I can't find a salon in my area that uses Olaplex and seems to understand the concept of a flat colour.

They all keep trying to talk me into balayage and highlights; One didn't know what the colour 'beige' is and another actually asked me "why would you want a flat colour? that's so un-trendy."
>>
>>9621341
christ I would have bitch slapped them. Its not on them to decide what you want, the only shit they should have said is if they dont think your skintone would suit it.
>>
>>9621341
it takes a fucking miracle to convince a stylist just to give me a blunt cut without layers, despite the fact that I explain every damn time that my hair is lightly wavy and will start forming weird unflattering cowlicks everywhere if I do anything else with it. after a certain point I just started going to budget salons like best cuts and explaining in very explicit terms what I want. they tend to listen more and not argue with requests for simple, straight forward styles
>>
>>9621365
Ugh I feel you anon. Went to have a blowdry done the other day and I asked the hairdresser to curl under the ends of my fringe slightly as it tends to look quite harsh otherwise, got told 'I won't do it, you're gonna look really tacky'. Was happy with everything else but that did leave a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>9621450
I started cutting it myself for this reason. I use some tutorials on the long hair forum and it's super easy. I trim my own bangs too.
>>
>>9621693
I might start doing that. I just had a bad run-in where I broke down and asked the stylist who has done my color the last couple times and listened quite well to give me bangs (because hey, you don't want to skimp on something that bug right??) and 1) she complained and said she thought blunt cut bangs were "too harsh" and 2) when I basically explained word for word that jfashion bang power point and showed her multiple examples, she gave me helmet bangs and layered my side pieces into oblivion so that they curl in 5 million directions

tbqh cutting my own hair can't possibly be worse
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.