[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Series you'd like to see cosplayed more?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 21

File: runefactory.png (1MB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
runefactory.png
1MB, 700x700px
Pic related. All the character designs in this series of games are so interesting and varied in possible technique, but no one seems to do anything from it. I've only seen one girl cosplay from this irl at the same con in different years. So I was just wondering, what do you think are some under-appreciated series that have really beautiful/cool/interesting cosplay potential /cgl/?
>>
>>9577182
Oh my god, I love you, anon. The entire RF series is highly underrated. And I never see cosplay of it, ever. It's quite surprising, actually, because it seems to have a decent cult following.
>>
I haven't played Rune Factory, though the designs look really cute. But similarly I'd love to see more HM/SoS cosplays. And any older anime series.
>>
>>9577225
I know, so weird considering it's following? Irl the cosplays I saw this girl do were Electra and Marian, Electra two years ago and Marian at a con earlier this month. When I was talking to her, her boyfriend was like "wow someone actually recognised you!" which honestly made me feel pretty bad considering how much work she seemed to have put in... She also apparently had a Micah earlier in the day, but I haven't seen pictures of them yet online. My highlight of the con, hands down.
>>
>>9577269
Something that a con in my area tried doing to promote older anime was have a year themed around retro anime and honestly the cosplays didn't disappoint! I feel like if more cons did stuff like that the cosplay could be much more varied/inspired
>>
File: 51366.jpg (476KB, 600x979px) Image search: [Google]
51366.jpg
476KB, 600x979px
I have cosplayed two different characters from RF, both times no one recogniced me. The company went bankruptcy little after RF4 so the series won't continue. It's sad.

I want to see more Otoyomegatari. Almost everyone on it has nice and detailed outfits. Bonus points if it's not Amira.
>>
>>9577478
please post pics anon
>>
File: A18_CG_1.jpg (190KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
A18_CG_1.jpg
190KB, 960x540px
I've only seen someone cosplay from the Atelier series at a con once and it made my day. Not sure why it isn't cosplayed more the designs are cute and elaboratr and the art is consistently good even though the artists change with each trilogy

>>9577269
I feel like HM/SoS would be very fun to shoot as well with the right location
>>
>>9577182
I've been planning a Pia cosplay but got too busy with school these last couple years. It's my "one day" cosplay.
>>
>>9577488
What cons do you go to anon? I'm in the same boat but for a Carmen cosplay. I wish there were people in my area to plan a group with
>>
>>9577494
Southwest USA!
>>
>>9577477
That's a brilliant idea. I should suggest to to the con near me.

>>9577486
The costumes in that pic look adorable. I should look into that series.
>>
File: ragu9.jpg (612KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
ragu9.jpg
612KB, 1080x810px
>>9577479
I was a really lazy cosplayer (no make-up etc) so they're not good guality ones. Here's my favourite picture.

I'm not into cosplay anymore, but Dolce is someone I'd like to do. Maybe in the future if I have a child to be Pico.
>>
>>9577558
Bless you anon. If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to make his vest? It's really quite nice!
>>
>>9577486
This. I've also never seen an Atelier cosplay irl.
>>
File: ANB-goddess.jpg (13KB, 263x400px) Image search: [Google]
ANB-goddess.jpg
13KB, 263x400px
Ill be cosplaying pic related on Sunday at otakon.
>>
File: wip.jpg (317KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
wip.jpg
317KB, 1080x810px
>>9577844
I'm really bad at explaining so here's a wip. I just made some strips from thick fabric, ironed the edges to the back side and weaved it by hand. My machine had hard time sewing it.
>>
>>9577269
HM/SoS cosplays take up at least a third of my "maybe one day when I have time" list, next to various Tales and Ace Attorney characters. All of which are side characters I'd ideally want a group for but literally no one else I know is interested in any of these games. Life is suffering.
>>
>>9577476
That's awesome, I married Electra on my save file of that game. She's so cute. RF has such beautiful character designs, the series really doesn't get as much appreciation as it deserves. I would absolutely love to see a Leon or Dylas cosplayer. But I would shit twice and die if I ever saw an Annette/Bianca/Selphy at a con. RF Frontier is best.
>>
>>9577182
Bravely Default
>so many good outfits

Pokemon
>specifically the unpopular ones, I know there's a billion Pokémon cosplayers but I want high quality Mamoswine. Nuzleaf. Karrablast. Wormadam. Glalie. Politoed.
Uncommon stuff instead of 500 Pikachu and eeveelution
>>
I haven't seen ghost trick cosplay done at a con though the game is a bit old so maybe there just aren't any new fans?

>>9577967
I feel your pain anon I've wanted to cosplay Presa for the longest time but I'm always telling myself 'someday I'll get to that when I have a group'
>>
>>9578462
Oops meant to quote >>9577882
>>
>>9578462
I actually saw a ghost trick cosplayer at AX 2015! I was leaving the con and they were heading towards it coming from the parking lot. They looked really great, I wish I could have stopped them and told them.
>>
File: Black_White_Shauntal.png (42KB, 170x356px) Image search: [Google]
Black_White_Shauntal.png
42KB, 170x356px
>>9578018
You really want to see more Pokemon gijinkas? I'd honestly be so happy if all Pokemon gijinka cosplays were replaced by good cosplays of the human characters, there's many nice designs.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (106KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
106KB, 800x532px
OreImo, specifically Kirino, Saori, Kanako or Ayase, although all characters would be great. My love for the series is so grand. Yet because I only finished watching it last year, I haven't been around to see many cosplays. Thus, I'd like to see some reappear. I had hoped the popularity of Ero Manga Sensei would've gotten people more interested in OreImo, yet it seems like that isn't really the case.
Although I must admit I'm somewhat content with that. The surge of people sexualizing my waifu and putting her as their profile picture without loving her as much as I do, has hurt too much! (Please don't take the last paragraph too serious. I mean, I'm not /completely/ serious... Only a little.)
>>
>>9577182
Well to be fair, if I saw someone cosplay from RF and found out they only did it for the designs and haven't actually played the games I'd be more upset than I am at the lack of cosplays.
I live in a small country and the last time people cosplayed from RF they did it because they wanted intricate costumes for competing, never have I been so salty. From that day onward I have felt for everyone who's favorite series gets the "I didn't watch/read/play this, I just wanted to make a cool costume", which seems especially likely with series that aren't mainstream but have great designs.
>>
>>9578857
That'd burn me up. Especially because of the let down of thinking that I could nerd out about rune factory to someone.
It's a series that needs a lot more love.
>>
>>9578854
I was surprised by this, too.
I honestly would have thought it'd be a lot more popular, but I sometimes forget that 4chan is a vocal minority of the anime community. Most people I've talked to in real life seem to have a mutual agreement that the incest is disgusting or shameful, and are too embarrassed to be recognized wearing something from 'that incest anime'.

I'm in the same boat though and would love to see cosplays of it.
>>
>>9578857
I didn't necessarily mean just for the designs! I mean like, I'd hope they'd play the games of course.
>>
>>9577478
Aaaa I love Otoyomegatari! I saw an Amira at Anime Boston this year, she did all the embroidery by hand it was insane.
>>
File: IMG_6419.jpg (936KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6419.jpg
936KB, 1920x1080px
Puzzle and Dragons. Everytime I get a humanoid monster from the gatcha I want to cosplay it. There are so many amazing designs to cosplay.
>>
>>9578955
I genuinely try to keep low about it too, although I have merchandise, I keep it nice and safe in my room, to protect my reputation! Nevertheless I'd still love to cosplay as one of the characters, it's just the whole, dressing up as an anime girl thing that sort of embarasses me... Which makes cosplaying with pride and a good amount of spent money difficult...
I also believe that many people assume the watchers of OreImo prefered Kuroneko over Kirino, since the vast majority of watchers do so. So I guess that in that sense, you could use the anime to show that you're against incest, and hide your filthy ideas! Yeah!

I'm sorry for the OT reply, but I'm hungry.
>>
>>9579259
Wasn't there a group from this at Anext this year??
>>
File: IMG_2845.jpg (68KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2845.jpg
68KB, 360x500px
The Big O - Dorothy is a dream cosplay for me. The series is so stylish I don't know why I don't see more of it
>>
>>9580033
I don't know I wasn't there since I'm a eurofag. Sadly in Europe only a few even know about it. I would love to see pics tho.
>>
>>9580140
cant find any pics but this was their skit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8lETJRlZaM
>>
>>9579259
I actually saw a Persephone at Anime North this year the cosplayer is apparently going to wear it again with a group at Otakuthon
>>
>>9580770
Dropped pic
>>
>>9578018
Anon there are already SO many gijinka cosplays it's become so old
>>
Drakengard and Nier:Gestalt/Replicant

There are some excellent designs from that series, hopefully Automata can give them a popularity spike.
>>
>>9577476
eyyyy anon i think im editing pics of them! should be posted soon if your interested
>>
File: hq720.jpg (231KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hq720.jpg
231KB, 1280x720px
>>9577182
I have a couple series I would like to see. Right now I would be very happy if someone besides seiyu cosplayed Project Tokyo Dolls
>>
File: 1489194392167.png (632KB, 500x648px) Image search: [Google]
1489194392167.png
632KB, 500x648px
>>9577182
Macross. Whenever I see an idol-related cosplay it's almost always from Love Live and occasionally Idolm@ster.
>>
>>9593749
YES
unfortunately though, I feel like Yaya kind of pushed a good portion of people away from it with her (while well-made) Sheryl cosplay. Made it out to be a titty anime.
>>
>>9578854
I cosplayed Kuroneko at a decently sized anime convention a few months back and got recognised a whole 1 times. I also thought it would be a lot more popular and got pretty discouraged to wear the cosplay after that con.
>>
File: 20170703_171440.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_171440.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>9577182
I literally took ONE photo at Anime Expo 2017, and it was this random Karina I found. Apparently no one recognized her, but I gave her props and complimented her taste.

I actually want to do Carlos from RF3, maybe for ALA next year.
>>
File: all_bg_02a.jpg (202KB, 198x799px) Image search: [Google]
all_bg_02a.jpg
202KB, 198x799px
>>9593749
I've got this Sheryl on my to-do list. I have an idea for how to make the wig (that isn't just splicinga blonde and pink wig) that I'd love to try out. Unfortunately I can't find a better reference of this outfit since it seems to be from a promo of some sort.
>>
File: 145000510.jpg (42KB, 384x336px) Image search: [Google]
145000510.jpg
42KB, 384x336px
Ryouki no Ori 2 / The Bizarre cage, although it's understandable since it is an untranslated eroge from 97 with an 09 remake
>>
>>9578854
I did Saori recently at some cons in Italy, but sadly nobody recognized me. Most people just commented the glasses.

[spoiler]Also being a fat man didn't help[/spoiler]
>>
File: 61O17sK980L.jpg (107KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61O17sK980L.jpg
107KB, 500x500px
Pop'N Music. There's a lot of characters with varying designs that would be enjoyable to see in person.

I hope to cosplay Timer some day.
>>
File: 2.jpg (2MB, 4752x2673px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2MB, 4752x2673px
>>9577225
>>9577476
>>9577182
>>9594379

Slowly getting back the pics my friend and I had taken of our Micah and Marian cosplays from CTcon this year, if any of the RF anons (OP?) want to see the rest I can post some more later on!
>>
>>9598215
Yes please!
>>
File: 9.jpg (2MB, 4752x3168px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
2MB, 4752x3168px
>>9598488
>>9577225
>>9577476
>>9594379

This is a picture of my Marian! There's actually a ton of pics and I don't want to spam, so I think I'll just post them on my fb and insta @wayracosplay if anyone still wants to see them.
>>
>>9578462
If I wasn't so shit at styling wigs I'd love to cosplay Lynne. That game was so fun, I wish they made a sequel. Story wise it wouldn't make sense but they could do something with some new characters and the same mechanics.
>>
Any of you in the Southern California area that would consider doing Rune Factory cosplays together? This thread seems to give me some hope.
>>
>>9580106
I've been wanting to do Dorothy too, but I feel like there's no point without a Roger. By the way, there's an excellent Japanese Schwarzwald on worldcosplay.
>>
>>9601531
On the opposite coast anon :(
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.