[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 81

File: AskingForHelp[1].jpg (26KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
AskingForHelp[1].jpg
26KB, 460x276px
old thread is almost kill, please ask your basic questions here instead of making a new thread!
>>
old thread
>>9560115
unanswered questions
>>9562378
>>9563837
>>9564625
>>9565221
you should check the taobao thread, there are some links and it might be in the dictionary
>>9565373
>>9569215
>>9569337
google gives mixed results, ive only seen one really negative review but it's pretty scary
>>9573151
try spraying with vodka or putting it in the freezer
>>9574521
arda jett or rocky, epic cosplay hermes
>>9572870
look at stock pics or customer pics if possible
>>9575337
>>9575596
>>
>>9576778
things I messed up like a dumbass
>>9565211
>>9574512
>>9574870
>>
I was going to make a glowing sword out of a frame with LEDs inside, but it looks like the blade needs to be really thin and there won't be enough space inside
Would transparent worbla with an LED in the handle be better then? Id cover it in foam except the parts that need to shine through
>>
>>9576789
worbla transpart is really floppy and a shitty material, does the sword need to be completely transparent or is it partly transparent (lit up runes etc)
Reference picture would be easier.
>>
>>9576789
LED tape is super thin. How thick can you make the sword?
>>
>>9576826
>>9576852
On mobile so I can get a reference later, but it's a small knife/dagger with lit writing on the blade. I have a Chinese plasitc version that was cast and painted for reference and my concern is that it's tiny as hell. Even scaled up to adjust for the fact that the character is 5'4 and I'm 6'0, it still needs to be tiny
>>
>>9576861
Again, LED tape is paper thin. Your bigger concern should be where you'll put the power source.
>>
Anyone know where I can find scans of japanese j-fashion magazines? I could swear I had seen a website with tons of scans but I forgot its name.
>>
if you self post is it better etiquette to say that you're self posting or just do it in like a dump or something
>>
>>9576888
http://zasshiko.com/

I found this on a blog, maybe what you were thinking of?

The blogger recommended these (i made some grammatical corrections):

mina - This is a magazine with a casual type of clothing covering the latest fashion.

KERA - This magazine covers a lot of subcultures. It has lolita, creepy kei, punk, etc. It also has a lot of street fashion photos with girls in wacky Harajuku styles.

ViVi/Ray/CanCam/JJ - A magazine for more mature ladies. It’s geared more towards the OL (office lady) crowd. Think age 22+ and up.

Seventeen - This is a casual magazine for younger girls, ie. teens and preteens. It’s a lot more sweet and cute!

egg/Popteen/SCawaii! - Magazines that cover Gyaru style. Gyaru can be described as a more dramatic take on the current fashions. It’s paired with more heavy makeup including fake eyelashes and is inspired by Western fashion.
>>
File: 1471749902054.jpg (212KB, 771x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1471749902054.jpg
212KB, 771x1100px
I saw this posted in a thread a few months back and it mentioned the style name in it but I have since then forgot it. Is it possible any one here knows the name?
>>
File: IMG_2522.png (380KB, 646x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2522.png
380KB, 646x900px
Should i do kyuubi mode naruto with yellow face paint
>>
Would using copics to dye fake fur achieve the same results as using sharpies, and is it the same process? I've found a few copic tutorials for dyeing wigs but nothing about how it works on fur.

>>9569337
Everyone I know says good things about uniqso but I don't order from them personally so I couldn't say.

>>9576961
If you're feeling fairly confident, go ahead and say it. If not, no one's going to call you out or anything unless your cosplay is particularly shitty.
>>
>>9577340
Uniqso won't make you go blind but pretty much every circle lens brand uses cheaper materials than the prescription contacts you get at a doctors office
They won't make you go blind, but I have had my eyes get extremely irritated from them
>>
>>9576961
theres occasionally a self post thread so you can create one yourself.
just make sure its a general self post thread and not just a thread talking about you.
>>
File: suna no wakusei.png (139KB, 2255x1653px) Image search: [Google]
suna no wakusei.png
139KB, 2255x1653px
Sorry for extremely noob question, what would be a good fabric to recreate this jacket? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9577400
well it looks like an oversized bomber jacket and those types of jackets are typically made out of nylon.
>>
>>9577400
>>9577516
I thought she was wearing a giant baggy hoodie for the longest time after watching the video so maybe something similar to that? Thick cotton/poly blends, although looking closer bomber jacket makes sense too.
>>
>>9577311
If you are going to do that, don't just "do yellow face paint". Get some high quality body paint, like Ben Nye or Wolfe FX. Add in definition and shading. Make it look like your skin is glowing gold. and make sure that all fabrics and your wig match the face color as close as you possibly can. if it all looks uniform, it can look good.
If not, people will cry "yellow face".
>>
Just trying to get this answered
>>9577939
>>9577939
I'm also 5'9 160 pounds I'm curious also if it has to be custom or I can be like "lemme get uhhhhhh a medium" and I'd be good?
>>
>>9577981
The RPC studio is the most popular. They are pretty expensive. There are other places that print and sew suits on demand, but quality varies pretty wildly.
>>
File: IMG_20170301_230642.jpg (3MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170301_230642.jpg
3MB, 4160x2336px
>>9577340
Would using copics to dye fake fur achieve the same results as using sharpies, and is it the same process?

Yeah I did a test on fur before, it works great! It holds better than wig fibers even.
Ofcourse, just like wigs, a lighter color in the color you wanna go for works best. I tried red and purple (camera captures awful blue but its deep purple) on light blue.
>>
>>9578026
The big question I have for you is why you would want to waste your copics like that? They are much more expensive than sharpies and you'd have to go through a lot of them
>>
>>9578032
they were cheap ass alcohol markers from a store that sells 3 for a buck, not official copics
>>
Is it weird to ask if someone's dispatched something on lacemarket if it's past the amount of days they said they'd take? I wish they had an option to mark things dispatched. I'm just impatient and antsy about my purchase.
>>
>>9578082
Not weird at all. Just tell her you want to know when it was shipped so you can keep an eye out for it.
>>
>>9578082
Nope. I think its perfectly fine to gently bug the seller if you haven't heard from them in an amount of time they've given you.
>>
Are there any recommendations for skin glue? I need to attach felt to my shoulder and I worry due to the shape it will fly off with a bit of movement. I've had bad luck with adhesives before since they almost always sweat off. I saw a thing for stays put. Anyone know if that stuff is reliable?
>>
>>9578087
Mastix is good stuff.
>>
File: prettyboigriffith.jpg (1MB, 1308x2092px) Image search: [Google]
prettyboigriffith.jpg
1MB, 1308x2092px
Put this on a thread forever ago and got no responses so I'll try again (to be fair it is kinda my fault because that thread was kinda dead). I want to cosplay as my fabulous son Griffith. Is there anything about the cosplay that would make it particularly difficult for someone who is new to working with foam armor stuff? + general help for eva armor stuff would be really helpful.
>>
>>9578095
reason why you don't get answers is because there's plenty of foam tutorials when you do a simple google search. Always do research before you start on a cosplay.

I don't see any difficult stuff. There's a lot of hinges/joints on the armor and helm, so also take a look at googling for bolt joints for eva foam armor.
The feathers and grooves particularily lend itself well for thick sculpted foam edges created with a dremel, in case you don't have one. Choose around 5mm-8mm eva foam for the plate armor, any thicker will not layer nicely.
>>
>>9578103
>reason why you don't get answers is because there's plenty of foam tutorials when you do a simple google search.

>gives me info I couldn't find with a simple google search

Thanks I guess...
>>
File: how fucking dumb are you.png (223KB, 698x823px) Image search: [Google]
how fucking dumb are you.png
223KB, 698x823px
>>9578108
All of that info was available with a quick google search. Anon fucking spoonfed you.
>>
>>9577838
how do you mistaken that for a hoodie when theres not even a hood on that jacket? even on the back view you cant even see a hood.
>>
>>9578026
Ooh nice, I have white fur that I'm trying to get a pale -> dusty pink gradient with black tips. Did you combine with alcohol to spray, dunk it in a dye bath or just colour directly into the fur?

>>9578032
I wouldn't use quality shit but in my case permanent markers just don't come in specific enough colours for what I need.

>>9578087
Spirit gum is what most people use to attach things to skin but for felt fashion tape works, as long as you don't pull on the fabric too much. Neither of them come off with sweat when applied properly.
>>
>>9578108
>gives me info I couldn't find with a simple google search

you seriously couldnt just type in "eva foam fabrication"?
hell, you can most likely type in "EVA foam" in youtube and get a shitload of video tutorials.

and dont think people just say "use google/youtube" as an "unhelpful"answer. the thing is that there are tons of videos out there that explain things better because you have visual aid rather than just reading some wall of text.
sure that wont apply to everything cosplay related but foam fabrication is a HUGE thing when it comes to cosplay so theres a ton of information on it online and in video form.
>>
>>9578089
I'll give that a look. I've not used spirit gum in years and I recall it sweating off. But maybe I applied it wrong.

>>9578120
Fashion tape I feel would give out quickly since the piece in question will be on my shoulder and flexing quite a bit. I'm just looking for something with a strong bond and is relatively sweat resistant but as I said maybe I applied the spirit gum I had wrong. Or maybe it was just a shittier lower tier spirit gum I dunno
>>
>>9578120
>Did you combine with alcohol to spray, dunk it in a dye bath or just colour directly into the fur?

I put in quite some stripes of the marker onto the fur and diluted it slightly by rubbing it with q-tips soaked in alcohol.

>>9578131
there's a new brand of mastix called mastix extra, I have a bottle of it but i haven't tried it yet. You can remove it with concentrated alcohol by the way.
>>
>>9578131
Don't underestimate fashion tape. That shit keeps boobs, wigs, and socks in place and it withstands sweat extremely well.
>>
>>9578139
>>9578141
I'll look into both and see which will work for me. Thanks for the input I've been dreading how to sort this out all day due to past experience with skin adhesives
>>
>>9578139
That gives me a good idea for my fur Anon, thanks so much!
>>
File: pt2017_07_27_23_09_29.jpg (740KB, 634x1478px) Image search: [Google]
pt2017_07_27_23_09_29.jpg
740KB, 634x1478px
Doing a fem Izuku Midoriya, thinking if I should alter it to make it look more feminine like with a bodysuit like this one or similar or should I just make it more skintight than his original hero suit like the cosplayer's interpretation of it?
>>
>>9578388
just do it like any normal deku would be, same suit, same hair, but don't bind, and do female makeup.
>>
>>9578388
leave cosplay please if you're just going to do inaccurate epic bewbs cosplays for attention
>>
There is a cosplay beach party coming up, what should i use to paint on my swim shorts?
>>
File: th.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
I'm trying to do a Mr Meeseeks cosplay for an upcoming convention. So far I have the blue morphsuit and I'm trying to make the head part, but my god is the head part a bitch to make.

So far I have tried three things to make it.
1) Use paper and glue for paper mache around a balloon
2) Plaster cast around a balloon
3) Getting a kickball, hollowing it out, cutting out the eyeholes and painting it.

So far none of these have worked, for the first one I needed a shit ton of paper to make it strong enough, the second one the mache got so heavy the balloon popped, wasting time and materials, and the third one I couldn't pull off because I just discovered that I have a large head.

Do you guys have any suggestions for what I could do? I'd rather not resort to drawing it onto the morphsuit as it would look shitty.
>>
>>9578397
): I'm not even that booby
>>
>>9578442
It kind of sounds like you're paper macheing wrong desu. It should be very strong with only a few layers.

Is your paste woodglue and flour?
>>
>>9578458
no, it's just clag paste.
>>
>>9578442
Have you considered using polyfoam with a cloth cover? It may take a few attempts to get the head shape right, but being cloth it wouldn't clash as much with your suit and should be lightweight and breathable if made right. Then I would just use felt for the hair.
>>
File: Wonder-today.jpg (2MB, 1493x1520px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder-today.jpg
2MB, 1493x1520px
I need to make a cosplay suggestion for a woman with BIG boobs. Like basketball-ball sized. pic related.

Any ideas? I do not think she is into anime or video games much, she's more of a retro movies and comics person.
>>
File: brettycool.jpg (192KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
brettycool.jpg
192KB, 1024x640px
Hey so I want to try to make a cosplay of Raiden from MGS. I was planning on following this tutorial: http://www.instructables.com/id/Raiden-Cyborg-Ninja-w-Motorized-Face-Shield-from-M/. I'm relatively new to that kind of cosplay (previous stuff was manly just clothes no armor like stuff) and I was wondering if this would be too advanced, even if I'm being handheld by a tutorial.
>>
>>9578666
>I was wondering if this would be too advanced

honestly, thats something you just gotta figure out yourself since nobody knows you or how crafty of a person you are.
you pretty much got the entire tutorial there but how good are you at following directions and replicating each step correctly?

if you have the money and motivation, go for it.
>>
>>9578655
gross. no.
>>
>>9578666
Foam can be fun as fuck to work with. My only recommendation is to take your time and don't be afraid to use multiple tutorials to suit your needs. Give evilted a watch on YouTube since I've found he gives excellent general tips on working with foam stuff
>>
>>9578082
Check the transaction in your PayPal account too, it might show tracking even if you didn't get an email about it or the seller didn't message you.
>>
I'm working on a Sheik cosplay for sj but I'm worried about being ignored again like I was last time. It's not that I want validation but no one stopped me for pics last time I went even though I was cosplaying a relatively well-known character, so that made me wonder if I wasn't as good as I thought i was. I convinced myself it's because I stuck to the dealers room and artist alley, but I don't know if I'm supposed to just stand outside and wait to be noticed.
>>
>>9578400
Fabric paint usually. Paint it on, as many layers as you need, run through the wash and you're golden.
>>
So I have this pajama cosplay I want to do that has socks and no shoes. There is a design on the bottom of the sock that I plan to add with fabric paint, but I also want to be able to walk around in the socks without the bottom getting black and gross. Any ideas what I can coat it with? I had thought about mod podge or something but I've never tried it. I'll test it out tomorrow on an old sock to see what will happen but I hope to come back to another option tomorrow. Thanks for whoever can offer help!
>>
>>9578913
Do you have a pic of your cosplay?
It could be it was poorly constructed or maybe there were alot of identical cosplays. Plus dealer's rooms usually aren't the place to get or take pics.
>>
File: Weatherfightspucci.png (2MB, 750x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Weatherfightspucci.png
2MB, 750x1200px
What kind of fabric would be good for Weather Report's outfit?

I'm curious about just doing it from scratch even though I'll probably end up just modifying a sweatsuit or jumpsuit.
>>
any tall lolitas here have a good brand recommendation for otks or tights? i have a 40 inch inseam so otks are utks and tights dont even venture close to my crotch. TIA!
>>
>>9577311
Yellow face is racist against asians
>>
Does anyone know of any 3D printing tutorials for sew-on buttons? I'm shit at Rhino3D and the only tutorials I can seem to find are for the kind of buttons you push.
>>
I'm trying to make her 'rings' from the first pic at left nad the claws from pic 1. (pic 2 and 3 are her claws too but from another skin so the model is a little different but the attachment is the same)
My biggest problem is how to make the upper part stay.. Up like in the first pic. I also think they would look like something like i drawed at right viewed from the side. And I also have no idea about how to make the claws detachable, since I want to take pics with them and without them. So would be better to make two sets, one with claws and one without or there is a way to detach them? And again, how do I make the rings maintain that shape?
>>
File: 15013673962081843611551.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
15013673962081843611551.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Just finished the gloves and 90% done with gauntlets. (Don't worry about the glove logo, the suit will cover it, worst case I'll just paint or cut it out.)

So I got the fabric and started making the patterns, but I noticed the fabric is slightly lighter than my yellow on the helmet.

How big of an issue will this be? I'm currently looking for a way to change the hue and make it darker/more orange.
>>
>>9579237
Post pic of helmet and fabric for comparison
>>
>>9579265
Oh those Bracers have the fabric on them and the gloves have the paint.

I should have said that earlier. Judging by how it wasn't immediately noticeable, I guess it won't be a big deal.
>>
>>9579237
i can't even see a difference even with you pointing it out
>>
>>9579285
yeah they look almost exactly the same. dont worry anon!!
>>
Hey guys It's the Raidenfag again. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on pattern making. It's always been the thing I'm worst and this costume seems like it needs pretty complex patterns to make it look just right. I was considering doing the mariachi version of Raiden so that I wouldn't have to do the chest-piece at all since it would be covered up by the poncho, then if I ever wanted to do the regular version I could just make that for later cons. Does this sound like a good idea? any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>>9579454
If you think you can make the visible parts look good enough you should go for it, it is canon and people would get a kick out of it
>>
I'm planning to make the Dragonslayer from Berserk and its really huge

I've worked out its gonna be 75 inches tall. thats 6 feet and 3 inches.

Im wondering how I can make such a fuckhuge sword that'll be solid and sturdy out of foam

Also where should I go to find such huge sheets of usable foam
>>
>>9579092
I don't know about lolita-specific stuff but I know I found thigh highs on taobao with a search term specifically to fit tall girls. I can't for the life of me remember what it was which is really unhelpful, but it exists.
>>
File: Dragonslayer Dimensions.jpg (128KB, 1658x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonslayer Dimensions.jpg
128KB, 1658x1038px
>>9579537
Pic related is the dimensions of it for reference
>>
>>9579540
I'd go with titanium. It's lightweight and semi-strong, but it will be good enough for what you're doing.
>>
>>9579540
Use insulation foam desu
>>
File: extruded-polystyrene-insulation.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
extruded-polystyrene-insulation.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
>>9579537
Insulation foam anon. Pic related

Those massive pink/blue sheets you can find at hardware stores. The ones at home depot come in 8ft x 4ft and up to 2 inches thick.

Titanium could work too.
>>
How do you prevent fabric paint from looking crease-y like this?
>>
>>9579537
you should probably check to see if oversized props like that are allowed to whatever con youre bringing it to.

i guess if you only plan on being outside, it wont matter but there are cons that can be super strict about the height of props.
>>
>>9579591
Did you throw it in the wash after it all dried? If not, then it won't look as good.
>>
I'm looking for some cheaper end Lolita skirts. I'm not a Lolita but I like the pastel colors and cute designs, so I don't care about brand or if its replica etc.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? (Yahoo Jauctions?) Or stores not to buy from (milanoo?). Id prefer not to do taobao as the shipping costs end up outweighing the worth for me
>>
>>9579237
Are you making Batgirl or the nigger Robin?
>>
>>9578844
Oohh I never knew that, thank you! I think she's sent it, but the tracking number doesn't seem to be working. Bloody tracking, I swear it only works 50% of the time.
>>
>>9579454
Watch eva foam tutorials on YouTube. There's like a million now that have popped up after evilted became popular.
>>
>>9578397
If you keep saying "epic bewbs" when no one else does, it's easy to identify you and how bitter you are.
>>
>>9579923
please get help if you're this paranoid anon
>>
>>9579923
Sorry people didn't like your spandex 'Show off my boobs' cosplay idea, but people here tend to prefer craftsmanship and accuracy over Patreon bucks.
Slapping on a spandex suit and a wig and saying "I'm a gender bend of X!" isn't going to end up well done.
>>
>>9578397
it's not like they're doing a swimsuit overwatch character or some obvious attention-grab, calm the fuck down
>>
>>9578655
>big booby
>not into anime or video games
That makes things hard, do you or her have any thoughts or ideas already? Are there any particular western media she really likes that could give us an idea of what to suggest?

The most generic western big booby cosplay are like Jessica Rabbit or Rose Quartz, but those are both overdone because they're the first ones people think of.
>>
>>9579591
Buy a high quality one like Jacquard. Use heavier fabric, it looks like she used a lot of thin cotton. Never fold it so the painted parts touch, hang it no matter what. If you have to pack it put some space fabric between layers. Follow the paint's direction on how to seal it properly.
>>
File: DGAYwGgUMAACUEg.jpg (85KB, 999x656px) Image search: [Google]
DGAYwGgUMAACUEg.jpg
85KB, 999x656px
I'm trying to find pearlescent orbs that aren't the size of beads. I don't have the specific size in mind, would just like them to be big enough to fit on my palm. I'm struggling to find what terms to use to find what I need. Pic related.
>>
>>9580413
Paint ping-pong balls with pearlescent paint maybe?
>>
So I need this hat. I am no habadasher. Should l uh, fuck up a tricorne or what?
>>
>>9580228
>big boobies
>making things hard
You're goddamn right
>>
>>9578655
Hambeasts shouldn't cosplay.
>>
>>9580413
Joann sells beads about this size.
>>
>>9580635
rough it up and burn the edges then seal them with some kind of acryllic or something
>>
>>9580635
>>9581154
ok after some more deliberation here's a more detailed process on how I would attempt a modification

>obtain black/white tricorne (preferably NOT made of polyester)
>if white, quickly soak in black dye for that faded look (tip forward so it's faded white in back)
>likewise give it a short bleach bath if black but soak the back edge longer
>cut off most of back brim, maybe leave a bit and tuck it under + sew to make a clean edge/hem
>pleat and iron the brims down on both sides
>rip up the back edges with a knife or scissors, neaten stray threads
>(optional) singe the rough edges for accent if NOT polyester (otherwise they'll just melt and turn black)
>(optional) apply some kind of fabric-sealing agent to the edges
>sew on buttons(?)
>>
Should I take off my wedding ring when I cosplay? I don't really want to, but it's not accurate to characters who aren't married.
>>
>>9581514
depends on who you're cosplaying (regardless of whether or not they're married), how serious/accurate you want to look, and whether or not your spouse is also at the con and/or approves of you taking it off for the sake of the costume
>>
>>9581514
Seems kind of weird and is inviting people to hit on you and for you to possibly cheat
I'd say no, since a lot of people would be pissed out their spouse dressing up, going to a large gathering and purposely leaving their ring off
>>
>>9581514
>>9581518
>>9581526
If your relationship is going to fall apart if you take off a ring then there are other more
serious problems. Take off your ring if you want to look accurate, if not then who cares.
>>
>>9581532
It's not going to kill a relationship just from that but a lack of concern about you spouse or doing it to piss then off isn't a healthy way to have a relationship
>>
>>9581532
Not really, having no ring is literally inviting people to hit on you. It's just cosplay, people will understand leaving your ring on. Seriously, some people need to grow up.

If your significant other says otherwise and that they're okay with it, then go ahead. They're the main ones behind this decision.
>>
>>9581557
wtf, I don't have a wedding ring and nobody hits on me

am I cosplaying wrong?
>>
>>9581559
You have to be attractive and not have resting "don't fucking talk to me ever" face
>>
>>9581557
You're right, I forgot that every person in a relationship wears an outward sign of their commitment to their significant other and are otherwise incapable of fending off the advances of interested people. It not like there are professional were rings are impractical, cultures where rings aren't common, or unmarried people in relationships.
>>
>>9581584
their rings are enchanted to help them fight off temptations of the flesh, without them they have no way to avoid sexual encounters out of wedlock
>>
>>9581584
This has to be bait
No normal person would ask an anonymous image board about if their partner cares about taking their ring off
Just fucking ask them
This seems like it was made to stir up shit about people here being "old fashioned" or "prudes"
>>
>>9581518
>>9581526
>>9581532
This became kind of a mess lmao. I originally asked because my spouse said she didn't care, but since it doesn't seem to be an issue I'll leave it on. Thanks guys.
>>
I got a red t-shirt for Calvin (& Hobbes). How would I go about adding stripes to it?
>>
Went to a convention but can't find a collection of pictures people took that weekend and the website has absolutely nothing outside of professional photos. Where the fuck do I find where people are uploading their shit?
>>
>>9581584
>relationshipsless virgin detected
You have never been married and never will. You won't understand, no matter how much someone explains it to your sad little mind
>>
>>9581953
Look for people tagging the convention, check out the con's forums, see if there are any facebook groups going on
>>
>>9581940
Black sports tape
>>
File: il_340x270.450034751_hogb.jpg (25KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.450034751_hogb.jpg
25KB, 340x270px
>>9576789

etched acrylic also conducts light out of the etched areas
>>
>>9582025
having a dagger custom made and custom etched is gonna be pretty damn expensive anon.
even if I try myself, the machines to do it cost a lot
>>
>>9581940
by painting stripes
>>
>>9582234
Will acrylic paint work, or do I need fabric paint?
>>
>>9582247
Please stop.
>>
>>9582029
Make the dagger hollow out of a thin, opaque material like thermoplastic or PVC sheets. Etch the etchings through the sides. Tape them, and cast some kind of clear resin inside the blade. Use MAGNETS or something to attach the blade to the handle w/power source and LED.
>>
File: img.jpg (797KB, 1412x922px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
797KB, 1412x922px
I've run into a problem while I was spray painting some armor pieces. This piece was sprayed with some layers of plastidip, then valspar paint/primer. Then when I tried to spray it with a modge podge clear acrylic gloss spray, this started happening. Not sure why this happened, but was I not supposed to use the modge podge spray? Or did I need to wait a longer time before I sprayed it? I waited for the paint to dry but maybe I needed to wait longer. Any ideas? Also, any ideas on how I can fix this? I was thinking about seeing if I could sand it down after it dried completely, but if not I'll just scrap it and redo it.
>>
File: 180[1].jpg (6KB, 180x354px) Image search: [Google]
180[1].jpg
6KB, 180x354px
I've been wanting to cosplay mgs2 raiden for a while but i'm not really sure where to start. This isn't babbys first cosplay or anything, ive worked with stretch fabric and done some very basic armor so it might be hard but i'm not going into this totally blind. I was wondering if people have any fabric recs, I was thinking about using a scuba knit but im not sure. I'm also not sure what to do about the weird rib cage thing on his chest or his shoes. any other general tips would be great
>>
How do you guys not get straight across bangs sweaty because my bangs just stuck to my face by the end of the day and they always look oily and disgusting on people I see irl.
>>
File: 1497567454718.jpg (10KB, 272x260px) Image search: [Google]
1497567454718.jpg
10KB, 272x260px
>>9582247
you cant be serious...
>>
>>9582739
did you use house paint? because thats usually a big no no.

if the paint was dry and didnt look like that, then the problem must be with the modge podge spray causing a bad reaction with the paint.

try a different brand of gloss spray and see if the paint reacts the same way. do it on test strips first with the same material as your prop. that way youre not wasting time/materials only for it to happen again.
>>
>>9582739
If you were using furniture or house paint you need to use a clear coat that goes with the type of paint you're using to make sure it doesn't have a reaction
>>
>>9582792
Curl them or find some other way to give them a little bit of volume so they sit somewhat away from your skin.
>>
>>9577350
Good to know for future reference, although it's probably too late for Otakon.
>>
>>9582247
Mix acrylic paint with modge podge to make fabric paint, I think. My granny did this.
>>
>>9583320

>mix acrylic paint with something less water resistant

just get fabric medium
>>
>>9583335
Yeah, but the only craft store in my area burned down, so I'm limited to Walmart supplies. Thought he may be in the same boat.
>>
File: hmmmmm.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmm.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
This is kind of weird problem I have a hard time explaining.
When I go to try to do the mitered inner bias tape corner method, the one where you kind of sew a zig zag down the middle of your bias tape. It's from an old tutorial that's now on instructables. I'm trying to do that around a mandarin collar and down the front edge.
I have a hard time pulling back all of the fabric on the spot where you do the final steps, and when the fabric is all pulled back it creates a bump that is in the vicinity of my sewing foot. It causes the foot to slide down off of it and make the thread length get all messed up and most times it knocks the whole thing off of the line I'm trying to sew down.
Not sure if that made any sense what so ever. I've tried rolling up some other fabric to put along side it to try to balance it out but it doesn't work. It's like my machine just has a really hard time working in small areas.
If anyone is a bias tape wizard and has some other suggestions that would be appreciated.
>>
>>9579092
Seconding this. I am in search of IW's Torchon Lace OTKs because I've heard they're good for tall people, but they're currently sold out. Does anyone know if other brands make lace OTKs suitable for tall people? I love Meta's lace-topped socks but I don't know if they'll fit. My inseam is only 36 inches though.
>>
File: 1459722265316.png (2MB, 1474x992px) Image search: [Google]
1459722265316.png
2MB, 1474x992px
Every autumn I get this sudden urge to dress like a cute preppy librarian. Are there any brands like Jane Marple that are a bit cheaper but still nice quality? I'm looking for stuff I could wear daily. Classic lolita dresses tend to look a bit silly without a petticoat so I came to here for advice. Thanks!
>>
File: IMG_20170802_174034.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170802_174034.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
WHY THE FUCK IS MY SINGER DOING THIS
>>
>>9583773
Miss Point on Taobao has a ton of wearable librarian type dresses in my opinion. And they're pretty cheap. Not sure on the quality personally but I've seen good reviews.
>>
>>9583799
There are a bunch of reasons why its happening. That's called "birdsnesting" if you want a term to google.

Your tension or needle are wrong for the fabric you're using, your bobbin was wound wrong, you need to clean your machine, your machine is threaded wrong.

Assuming it only just started doing this on a new fabric, I would do the following:
>check and make sure you have the right needle for the material and weight of your fabric.
>make sure you're using the right tension for your fabric and stitch (consult your manual for your machine's specific instructions)
>get a new bobbin and rewind the thread, making sure its winding evenly
>put a new needle in your machine and completely rethread it.
>>
>>9583799
Wrong tension? Or it might be time to get it tuned up.
>>
>>9583808
>>9583773
I own Miss Point dresses and they are amazing! Beautiful quality and beautiful to wear.

Only problem is they are thick and they are heavy, these are definitely dresses meant for a colder fall and winter. So if you live in a place that doesnt actually get cold in autumn you may suffer
>>
File: IMG_20170802_180501.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170802_180501.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>9583810
>>9583811
The tension is likely the problem - basically it's getting stuck in the bottom right when the bobbin turns and gets stuck briefly, which throws the timing off with the needle and causes the nest.

Why is it catching though??
>>
>>9580413
plastic christmas ornaments perhaps
>>
Anyone here buy anything from Planet Replicas? How's their quality? Durable? Paint job any good?
>>
File: noob_school.jpg (342KB, 600x501px) Image search: [Google]
noob_school.jpg
342KB, 600x501px
Not a question or answer, I just made this graphic for the next time we make a help thread. It's almost an infograph but not really.
>>
>>9583844
Nice one, anon!
>>
>>9583848
Thank you :3
>>
File: original.gif (135KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
135KB, 500x550px
>>9583808
>>9583819
Thank you! I'll check it out. Also it's great that their clothes are thick and warm since winter is really long and cold here.
>>
>>9583924
I fully support all the Miss Point recommendations, I have 1 skirt and it is great, good thick fabric. Summer this year was unusually cold, so I wore it tons casually
>>
Total noob here, only have experience making toys, but I'd like to try my hand at a costume or two. I know the basics, but what's a good brand of foam for making armor and such? Especially bulky shoulder pads? Just any EVA foam? Where's the best place to get them in bigger, carve-able blocks instead of just sheets?
>>
>>9583965
the brand, for the most part doesnt really matter.
i dont think any place really sells just blocks of eva foam, not even foam manufacture places.
thats why people just layer foam sheets together if they need something to be thick.

you can get polystyrene insulation foam(the pink/blue stuff you see at hardware stores) in really think sheets but mind you, that type of foam doesnt bend.

what kind of armor are you trying to make that requires such a thick piece of EVA foam?
Ive seen people make super bulky WoW armor but they dont use blocks of EVA foam to make them. 10mm at the most.
>>
File: Capture.png (453KB, 1035x570px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
453KB, 1035x570px
Need to make a bunch of feathers from craft foam but can't figure out what glue would keep the wire "shaft" attached to craft foam without showing a ton of residue. Craft foam is hard enough to glue as it is
>>
>>9584041
Is there a reason you need a wire shaft instead of just embossing down either side of the shaft to create the raised look?
>>
>>9584061
Because the foam is too flimsy and will just flop around without it. Also need to anchor when into a hat
>>
File: Judge-Dredd-2000AD-profile-a.jpg (124KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
Judge-Dredd-2000AD-profile-a.jpg
124KB, 500x622px
>>9584021
I was thinking of trying my hand at Judge Dredd. The eagle on his shoulder is the only thing I can really see giving me much trouble. "Bulky" wasn't quite the right word, but I thought it'd be easier to carve it out of a solid block rather than layer it up, though that's coming from my toy sculpting experience.

Part of me is thinking that it might easier for my skill set to sculpt it and then cast it in featherweight resin, though that'd be pretty pricy. There are enough different Dredd looks that I'm sure I can find an eagle that won't kill me.
>>
Hey y'all! My question is about contests. I just signed up for my first contest, my cosplay is built and done. My question is about the actual day of the contest. Should I wear it day of con? Or wait until contest time and wear something else?
>>
>>9584041
Usually people sandwich the wire between two layers. But contact glue should work just fine.

>>9584109
Depends on how complicated or faithful your construction is. If you have faith in your construction or if your costume is not that big, then you can wear it without problems before the contest. I had costumes fail me before the contest because of wearing it on con floor so I generally don't do it anymore
>>
I'm making a costume that is going to have an EVA foam tortoise shell. Last time I did an armor piece I used nylon webbing and plastic buckles from my local hobby shop but the buckles didn't hold very well. Most of the buckles I've looked at on amazon have the exact same complaint in the reviews section. I have plenty of time to order online for these so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to get straps/buckles that have a firm hold online.

>>9584109
>Should I wear it day of con? Or wait until contest time and wear something else?
If you're looking to win (and have a hotel room) you want to keep your contest costume as pristine and perfect as possible but make sure you've worn it enough so that you don't have wardrobe malfunctions. I feel you on this question because I hate having to not wear a costume I just spent 3+ months making until Saturday night when the con is almost over. On the upside, after you've done a contest with it, you can wear it all you want at that or other cons.
>>
File: Snapchat-915792566.jpg (177KB, 832x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-915792566.jpg
177KB, 832x1600px
I'm going to an anything but clothes party. I had a bunch of beer boxes sitting around and so i decided to take the easy route of making a Beer knight costume.

I have made a skirt/kilt thing, wrist guards, and a helmet. I was planning on making some sort of shoulder pieces out of pic related. Any tips on the best way to do this? I was thinking of running string through the slits and around my arm. They will most likely move around some though and was hoping you guys had ideas.
>>
>>9584083
Something like that might actually be easier to make out of paper mache, or even vacuform it.
If I were doing it, I would sculpt parts of it out of clay, vacuform the parts, paint, and then glue them together. Light weight, and should retain all the details.
>>
>>9584109
Like the others said, it is mostly a judgement call on your part. But, some cons are pretty particular about this. Not many, but I have seen at least one costume contest where the rules explicitly state that you cannot wear a costume you are competing in on the show floor before the contest.
>>
>>9584479
String running just under your arm won't hold up. What you want to do is cross the string over your chest and back, so the left shoulder's string crosses over to the right and vise versa.
>>
>>9584542
Thanks!
>>
>>9584083
for that eagle piece, i would definitely suggested sculpting and casting that part since you have experience in that part.
EVA foam doesnt "sculpt" well anyways because of its spongy like feel. so sculpting such a piece will be pretty hard.
>>
File: catherineref.jpg (121KB, 1000x1100px) Image search: [Google]
catherineref.jpg
121KB, 1000x1100px
I'm trying to plan a Catherine cosplay and I'm completely lost. Should I get a corset for the top and make the skirt, or just get a white bustier dress and sew the lace on?
>>
>>9584748
I got a white bustier then sewed a white bra to it. I can post a pic of how I did it if you would like.
>>
>>9584118
Man, that would be really frustrating.

>>9584339
No hotel room, regrettably. But yeah cleanliness is important.

>>9584539
Double checked the rules, nothing of the sort

Thank you all for the thoughtful replies!
>>
I need to make an overdress with a bodice like pic related, but I'm garbage at draping or drafting patterns. Would simply gathering two rectangles, with more gathering at the top (shoulders) than at the bottom (underbust), result in a shape like this? Or is it more complicated?
>>
>>9584575
>>9584537
Ah, thanks. Never tried vacuforming before, so I guess resin casting is the way to go. The other shoulder pad, the elbow pads and knee pads all look simply enough to make with foram and or a bit of heat shaped styrene sheets.

Not gonna be doing it for a while yet. My only other costumes have been off the rack affairs that just required a bit of sewing [spoiler]Parappa the rapper and Sketch Turner[/spoiler] so this one's going to be a bit more involved.
>>
I've never made a prop before and I was wondering what would be the best material for beginner to make a knife prop?
>>
File: 1407726447954.jpg (223KB, 850x949px) Image search: [Google]
1407726447954.jpg
223KB, 850x949px
>>9575596
Unanswered and inb4 "don't"
>>
>>9585068
Foam, cardboard. Both are cheap, can easily be painted, and are very forgiving mediums to work in. Start looking up youtube tutorials, there are lots.
>>
>>9585110
That looks like a bomber jacket with fur or faux fur at the collar and bottom hem. Not sure where you'd find it, but start using that as a search term.
>>
>>9584889
Please do, that would be very helpful!
>>
File: 1501737667664.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501737667664.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
How reliable are reviews on aliexpress?
>>
>>9584959
It's a bit more complicated. Look at your image, the edge of the proposed rectangle nearest her pit is shorter than the edge nearest her cleavage, and depending on how full your bust is, you might need more fabric when falling over it.
>>
File: KarnaApocrypha.png (761KB, 661x907px) Image search: [Google]
KarnaApocrypha.png
761KB, 661x907px
Anyone know where I can find a bodysuit to use as a base for Lancer of Red?

On a related note, how would I cut out his big dumb boob window without ruining the bodysuit? I've never worked with them before.
>>
>>9585706
you could avoid tearing or cutting it by painting or sewing the white pattern and whatever else is in the center onto it, since getting the tears to line up like that seems like it would be incredibly hard
>>
>>9585718
Yeah, I did consider just taking creative liberties and making it a chestpiece-esque thing rather than a boob window if it was too much of a hassle to cut it out.

I'll do that; thanks.
>>
Making a staff with a rounded 3d object on top. Should I use plaster and wire or is there a better/ easier way. Will weight become an issue with plaster and wire
>>
How popular would you say FATE series cosplays are? I want to say I haven't seen many but that may be because I've only recently gotten into it and I only noticed saber back then
>>
>>9585722
Yes and yes. Try a styrofoam ball or layer styrofoam together. Cutting styrofoam is best done with a sharp box knife or wood figure saw.
You can coat styrofoam with woodglue and paper mache to make it smooth and paintable.
Other (light) suggestions would be to make it from paper mache or eva foam.
>>
I know this is super noob, but I'm trying to use closetchild for the first time. I've read their 'how to order thing'.

How is the shipping costs, is it similar to buying on other sites? I tried making a basket but I can't calculate it without confirming the order.
>>
>>9586126
There's always a few Rins (bc thots) but I don't see a ton in general
>>
File: IMG_20170718_043435.jpg (21KB, 480x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170718_043435.jpg
21KB, 480x370px
Does anybody have that picture of Lil Kim in a lolita dress (I think it was AP)?
>>
File: tommy pickles.jpg (32KB, 475x400px) Image search: [Google]
tommy pickles.jpg
32KB, 475x400px
Longtime con-goer, no-time cosplayer. Who or what do I cosplay if I'm ugly?
>>
File: 261127589024945.jpg (153KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
261127589024945.jpg
153KB, 400x585px
>>9586283
Has Lil Kim ever wore lolita, or do you mean Lil Mama? There are more pics of other outfits she's worn if you google "Lil Mama Angelic Pretty".
>>
File: FaustRev.png (205KB, 717x1181px) Image search: [Google]
FaustRev.png
205KB, 717x1181px
>>9586301
>>
>>9586338
This could work.
>>
>>9586315
Whoops, I did mean Lil Mama. Thanks anon!
>>
File: f0c.png (54KB, 540x559px) Image search: [Google]
f0c.png
54KB, 540x559px
Im really wanting to make a Shygal cosplay but im not sure what the best thing to use as the red top would be, it's important to add that I dont own a sewing machine
>>
>>9586441
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=red+hooded+dress
>>
File: ram skull.jpg (63KB, 512x778px) Image search: [Google]
ram skull.jpg
63KB, 512x778px
(I made a thread like a dummy, reposting it here)

Hey /cgl/

So I am going to Burning Man at the end of the month, and I have a costume I am trying to pull together.

Basically I am going to be wearing a suit and/or tuxedo with pic related.

However, I need two things for it:
1. thin/close-to-the-face sunglasses/tinted goggles that will protect my eyes form the desert sun and will make the mask's eye-pits look actually black and empty
2. some kind of lightweight method of putting a string of lights around the horns for nighttime. Preferably a bunch of lights (christmas-style) and not. The power-mechanism should be lightweight as possible

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also looking for recs for pants that look good while wearing because I've been working on my abs and have hot adonis lines now. Maybe like fashionable sweat pants
>>
>>9586475
1. Just get any sunglasses, pop the lenses out and attach them to the inside of the mask
2. You can buy cheap strings of leds and a battery pack that can clip on to your belt
And
>fashionable sweat pants
That is an oxymoron.
>>
>>9586485
>fashionable sweat pants
>oxymoron
false, I have seen cool ones form Uniqlo
>>
>>9586475
>a suit/tux
>to burning man
I know you mentioned lights for the horns during night time, but hopefully you're not planning on wearing the entire suit during the day. Even in the shade its way too hot to wear a suit outdoors.

Don't want you to be one of the heat stroke victims my Burning Man medic friend posts stories about...
>>
>>9586455
to be fair, I had no clue what it would be I was looking for this helped
>>
File: 2033846134601.png (255KB, 632x1264px) Image search: [Google]
2033846134601.png
255KB, 632x1264px
Any pattern expert here? ;_; How would you work your way around Zamasu's jacket with as minimum amount of seams as possible?
>>
>>9586507
I don't want them to be on the mask itself, that will look dumb. I want there to be depth
>>9586485
I am going to wear the tux for as long as I can then go into normie clothes
>>
>>9576763
I am so lost on how to use lace market. What does "external feedback url" mean? Do I just start placing bids and making selling entries right after creating my account or am I supposed to connect to the livejournal "feedback database" or whatthefuckk people are talking about. I am so confused. Is it simpler than I thought? What am I missing?
I mean I have a profile on LM and it's connected to my PayPal, that part I got right. But what THEN? Do I just start selling/buying or.....????
>>
>>9586550
When LM was created, the most reliable and safest way to sell lolita was through LiveJournal. The EGL community there kept track of feedback. The external feedback field is for things like LiveJournal or Ebay, so that buyers/sellers can see that you're trustworthy even if you don't have feedback on LM.

If you have an account and you have a Paypal, you can start making bids. Keep in mind that some sellers may be wary about selling to you. Just be polite and courteous and it will go a long way.

Happy buying anon.
>>
>>9586538
>I am going to wear the tux for as long as I can then go into normie clothes
Which will probably be about 3mins. It's a desert, in late August. Right now its 96 degrees and it can break the hundreds in the afternoon. You're likely only going to be able to wear the full suit at night.

There's a reason burners wear nothing or next to nothing during daytime hours and it isn't just "art nerds and hippies like nudity".

Also regarding the "black eyes": look for spandex hoods. There's some fetish gear on Ebay and Amazon that's black spandex full-hood but with mesh over the eyes and a hole for the mouth.
>>
>>9586577
thank you wise anon.
>>
>>9577272
looks like amekaji gyaru on the left to me, not certain since it isn't my style but it might be close to what you are looking for?
>>
File: 20170804_205953.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_205953.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
first time sewing a collar, what do all these lines mean? i want the collar more of a square shape and im wondering if the other lines with circles is okay to cut at? i the x is for buttons, i know that.
>>
>>9586523
you could definitely do the jacket as two pieces (with a seam in the back)
it looks like you're trying to avoid having a seam for the sleeves/shoulderblades, but that's not really going to happen so you'll just have to bite that specific bullet
>>
File: mgot_euron_costumes_03_1200x800.jpg (276KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
mgot_euron_costumes_03_1200x800.jpg
276KB, 1200x800px
So I've decided to do show Euron for my first cosplay, and I need help finding a decent match for the coat he's wearing under his armour in pic related. It looks kinda like a greased/waxed wet weather coat but I don't know where to start looking
>>
I don't really know if this counts as cosplay, but I'm trying to make a Halloween (1978) michael myers costume. I'm trying to get it as screen accurate as possible, and the only hangup left is the coveralls. The ones used in the movie are no longer made, and trying to find them on ebay in the right color, pattern, and size is nearly impossible. how hard would it be for a custom costume maker/ seamstress to make a pair of coveralls from scratch? I know it'll probably be expensive, but I'm willing to pay for it to be right. I have several pairs of coveralls which could be used for pattern, color, and size references, so it'd really just combining them into one pair.
>>
Best places to get replica/airsoft guns for cosplay props? Looking for somewhere affordable, don't really need high quality/metal replicas so whatever's recognizable and won't fall apart is good.
>>
>>9587195
looks like standard leather. find a decent black leather jacket/jerkin with a high collar and beat the shit out of it or even smash it with a rock/sledgehammer to add some wear
>>
>>9587070
it's technically possible, he could put the seams in the parts that fold inwards under the shoulders so they'd be invisible and the shoulder pads maintain their shape

making the whole thing in one piece is definitely impossible though, you'd either need seams along the sides or on the back because no most fabric won't be big enough to pattern the whole thing as a continuous piece
>>
Which ss can buy from mercari?
>>
I'm looking to do Taako from TAZ, but I had a couple of questions first.
The biggest one is body paint-- I want to paint myself a light green, but I have no idea how that stuff works. What's the best brand? How do I seal it? Is there just a general FAQ somewhere?
Also, this is a very basic question but one I have yet to figure out, is there an easy way of getting long/thick wigs to not tangle as you walk around? I don't want it to look like a rat's nest where I can't see it.
Thanks in advance.
>>
File: IMG_5700.jpg (224KB, 1242x1237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5700.jpg
224KB, 1242x1237px
I'm going to a small con in a week, and I'm ordering this wig for a nozomi cosplay. Any general tips on styling (bangs and ponytails) as well as maintaining the wig? I'm not sure how the quality will turn out, but I have a backup.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A092NVO/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_api_X6JHzb202CWNK
>>
File: Niji_Anime_Concept_Art.png (98KB, 305x394px) Image search: [Google]
Niji_Anime_Concept_Art.png
98KB, 305x394px
Anyone know where I can get a wig closest to this style?
>>
>>9587710
A lot of Nozomi wigs look really weird because the rubber bands pinch the hair, what I did was tie them loosely with a string and put the scrunchies over and they looked better.

With long wigs, I like to take lemon pledge and spray it on the fibers, then iron it over on VERY!! low heat. make sure to test it on a little piece beforehand. It makes it really soft and helps prevent tangling.
>>
Does anyone knows how to make a "See-through" sword?
>>
>>9587838
Depends on the sword
>>
>>9587710
Try to actually cut your bangs it's likely they will be too long. If you're not good at cutting look for a razor comb at Sally's or another beauty place.
>>
>>9587842
It's Haruka's Space Sword from Sailor Moon. The saber version
>>
>>9587849
Cut some plexiglass or get someone to laser cut the base shape
>>
what's the best place to buy seifukus from? I was considering bodyline, but they don't have the right color in the style I need.
I'm planning on cosplaying popuko, if it helps
>>
>>9587070
Looking at some of the ready made costumes sold online, few of them don't have seams on the shoulderblades. And yeah, I try to avoid getting seams to them.
>>
What type of tight shirt would be best to emulate skin? I really didn't like shaving and painting my arms.
>>
File: tumblr_onuhfbWRRc1say4a1o2_1280.png (569KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onuhfbWRRc1say4a1o2_1280.png
569KB, 1280x738px
Has anybody found plastic safety eyes like this in the wild?
I've been scouring Y!shopping, eBay and Ali and I can't seem to find anything like it.
>>
>>9587872
why dont you just make it?
>>
>>9587864
Look up Homestuck tutorials on armsocks
>>
File: 1481807784524.jpg (27KB, 667x659px) Image search: [Google]
1481807784524.jpg
27KB, 667x659px
Is EMS better/faster than e-packet? I placed an order without realising e-packet was cheaper and now I just want some reassurance it wasn't a waste.
>>
>>9588167
That's likely what I'll end up doing, but the amount of them in the video made me feel like they were mass-produced.
>>
File: received_1397486346977114.jpg (106KB, 1228x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_1397486346977114.jpg
106KB, 1228x2048px
Can anyone tell me if this is a replica? I dont have a pic of the tag tho
>>
>>9588995
Aside from being horribly wrinkled and those straps probably being worn and stretched out, it's legit. It's BTSSB's babydoll jsk I believe.
>>
>>9588380
It's faster in my experience, but EMS also tends to be the only one that gets to me in less than two weeks all the way here in nowhereland
>>
>>9589023
hah, thank you. what country do you live in? I'm in england and I'm waiting for a LM parcel from germany and it's been 9 days. I can't work out if i'm super impatient or it's taking a weirdly long time in transit.
>>
>>9588995
Welp. I was stupid. I sold it to a girl over Fb lolita sales and she claimed it was a replica and wanted a refund. I gave it to her and i was so upset i didnt want the dress back but it'd be awkward if i asked for it back now. She even opened a dispute on paypal. I have caps of messages
>>
>>9589378
Why did she think it was a replica? Show the caps?
>>
File: danyse6lastepdressdetail01.jpg (92KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
danyse6lastepdressdetail01.jpg
92KB, 750x600px
Hello fellow gulls. I'm driving myself crazy trying to find the tilde shaped "beads" for this gown.
I'm thinking they're stamped from metal due to the edges on a few but I'm not finding anything even close looking. Short of having to custom order a few thousand, which I'm not against doing, does anyone know where I could find similar findings/beads?
Thank you.
>>
File: Collage 2017-08-07 10_09_38.jpg (78KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2017-08-07 10_09_38.jpg
78KB, 1024x1024px
>>9589408
Part 1
>>
Is it easier/better to glue on 4 way stretch fabric to Eva foam armor or to just paint it? I'm making voltron armor and it looks easier to glue fabric with contact cement than it is to go through all the steps for painting. This is my first armor build though so I don't have experience with either methods.
>>
>>9589951
i'd personally recommend contact cement and vinyl/spandex, it saves a lot of time on prep and would look good with something cartoony like that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bMBvX40JTU this is the tutorial I used, its really straightforward. one thing to keep in mind is that it does pick up detail well so you should still make sure your base is neat.
>>
>>9590023
Thanks man. That was the same tutorial that got me thinking about not painting. Will it work okay for weird angles or circular holes do you think? (I was going to make the back and front one piece just folded at the shoulders so there will be a head sized hole to deal with.)
>>
>>9589717
jelly of name desu
>>
>>9590093
Aw thanks anon
>>
>>9589951
>go through all the steps for painting

>spray on plastidip
>spray on color of choice.

uhh.. so hard?
>>
>>9590043
it should but you are gonna wanna make sure your fabric is really stretchy, so if its vinyl make sure its 4 way not 2 way stretch. do keep in mind that there are gonna have to be some seams though as it is fabric
>>
>>9588995
how long ago was this?
and besides, if she really thinks it's replica, then why would she want it? ask for it back, anon before she turns around and tries to sell it or something.
>>
I need a quick cosplay for a con I just found out I'm going to next weekend, considering Bodyline. What are the chances of it getting here before next Friday if I choose EMS shipping? The website says "most packages will delay around 10 days"
>>
>>9590265
you will be disappointed, don't do that to yourself.
>>
>>9590265
I live in the US by the way.
>>
>>9590268
Do you mean in terms of quality? I'm not too chuffed about quality desu. Just need something cute and easy.
>>
>>9590272
no, i mean the chances of it getting here on time are very slim to none.
>>
>>9590273
Ah ok. Even if get EMS? Thanks for your honesty
>>
>>9590274
yep. you have to consider when they actually put it into the post and it's not very often when they're diligent in doing so; even if it through EMS.
if you had at least one more week, then i would say 'go for it' but the weekend is too short notice for BL.
>>
>>9589490
Also interested, I looked for pressed/long sequins but couldnt find anything of that exact shape, some simular but just not quite right ones.
>>
File: maid outfits.png (684KB, 792x401px) Image search: [Google]
maid outfits.png
684KB, 792x401px
I'm looking for quality, traditional maid uniforms for a tall girl. Something mostly black, with poofy sleeves, and a long skirt. Pic related would be perfect. I've found a few online but the sources seem super sketchy, so I'm really hoping someone has a decent recommendation here. Price isn't a factor.
>>
>>9590370
Milky ange. they have that exact one in stock
>>
>>9587508
as much as cosplaying TAZ is cringe:
for body paint, Kryolan, Mehron, and Ben Nye are good body paint brands. the two main types of body paint are cream and wanter based, both have different properties so research that before you decide. For example if you sweat a lot naturally, water based isn't for you. There is also liquid body paint, but for a green color it's harder to use

Setting paint is usually done with powder or a setting spray, each company should have some for sale. I've heard baby powder can be used too. also, I straight up just wouldn't use paint on your arms or hands, Arm socks look better and are 1000% easier to wear (and you won't get paint all over merch and furniture)

For keeping wigs from tangling, i've heard silicone sprays work well. However, it usually just comes down to basic periodical brushing. Epic Cosplay's wigs are really soft and silky, they're better for long styles than most other brands like arda.
>>
>>9587852
a-anyone? Bodyline int. shut down so...
>>
>>9590452
it's so perfect goddamn, ty
taking other suggestions too if anyone has any
>>
>>9590470
Why not buy from their Rakuten?
>>
>>9590482
there was a thread about this a little while ago, you should check the archive. I know candy fruit was mentioned but apparently people have been unable to reach them
>>
>>9590514
to be honest, I have no idea how. I've only ordered from their int site before.
>>
>>9589717
Where's part 2?
>>
File: IMG_1874.png (684KB, 2732x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1874.png
684KB, 2732x2048px
>>9589490
The closest thing I can find are black wave swarovskis, but those are a hefty penny if you're looking for a few thousand, pic related. You might want to just settle for black bugle beads or sequins.
>>
>>9585201
Thanks
>>
>>9589490
>>9590941
found similar ones here on ali:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/store/product/100PCS-Pack-44-2x9mm-Wave-Drop-Clear-AB-No-Hotfix-Rhinestones-Multi-Shape-Crystal-Glass-3D/1165388_32767481861.html?spm=a2g0z.12010612.0.0.465a312oL0iAI
theyre diamond colored though, so you would have to spray them, plus these are rhinestones so not beads.
>>
File: Sam_&_Max.png (146KB, 300x371px) Image search: [Google]
Sam_&_Max.png
146KB, 300x371px
I want to start cosplaying again and my friend agreed to be the Max to my Sam. We aren't going the fursuit way (neither of us have experience in that) though.

How would I go about the wig/ears? I was thinking of looking at how inkling cosplayers do their wigs, but maybe it'd be better for the ears to be either plush or on a headband under the hat?
>>
I'm waiting on a sample from them now, and the fact that they even offer free samples has my hopes high, but in the meantime, is TNT cosplay's foam any good? Is it a good price compared to other foams? What about the glue they sell? Still a beginner here.
>>
Where can I find red plaid pants? You know, with belt loops and stuff. I've found plenty of leggings and pajama pants, but I need actual pants I can wear a belt with.
>>
File: 1421704317351.gif (3MB, 393x443px) Image search: [Google]
1421704317351.gif
3MB, 393x443px
How do I go about finding roomshares with people? I'm looking to attend NDK this year since I've missed it the last few, but I've just got done moving and even 50 a night for a hostel feels painful on my wallet. Everywhere I look I cant seem to find any leads on people looking for roomshares. I haven't even seen a /cgl/ thread for NDK despite it's size and the fact it's only 3~ weeks off now.
>>
>>9592418
see if that con has a facebook page or maybe look on cosplay.com
>>
File: IMG_6485.gif (325KB, 295x271px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6485.gif
325KB, 295x271px
Can someone explain how reserves work on Baby San Fran? Are they released the same time as Jp? Do you order specifically through the San Fran site or through the Overseas site? Can a reserve get sold out? Thanks in advance for dumb questions.
>>
File: IMG_3249.jpg (71KB, 564x761px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3249.jpg
71KB, 564x761px
>>9591772
Hot Topic.
>>
>>9591772
Look up tiger of London. They're the classic plaid punk pants company. I used to own a pair and they're good quality. Better than Tripp or shitty Chinese brands from online retailers.
>>
>>9578388
Just be frog girl lol
>>
>>9580223
>it's not like they're doing a swimsuit overwatch character or some obvious attention-grab
Removing pants from a character isn't an obvious attention grab?
>>
File: tv cosplay.png (3MB, 1152x1728px) Image search: [Google]
tv cosplay.png
3MB, 1152x1728px
I wanna cosplay this but I'm pretty new to this whole cosplay thing and I honestly don't know where to find things in general other than like Aliexpress and amazon and stuff. . . . . . .

So if anybody could help I would really appreciate it also ill give u a kiss on the cheeks thx

(I found the pantyhose, the transparent sleeves and the skirt already)
>>
>>9592914
There are plenty of tutorials about how to build the actual TV head but you need to read those and round up supplies yourself honestly go to a thrift store.
As for finding other stuff just browse around.
>>
>>9592914
that's probably just someone's outfit. not very original to copy the whole thing desu...
>>
>>9592914
You want to cosplay a TV head? or this random person's clothes? I don't understand.
>>
>>9592934
both
>>
>>9592932
i mean obviously ill have to make do with something else but i want something similar to that aesthetic yknow?
>>
>>9592945
that's honestly kinda weird? it's like cosplaying some pic of a kid you saw on the street. you should probably make a TV head and pick out your own outfit like an adult.
>>
>>9592950
ur so smart dude this is just a tv head
>>
>>9592950
i'm gonna use a different shirt cause that is a godawful shirt and i can't find it anywhere and also im using a monitor spray painted pastel violet instead but a big bigger
and no straps
>>
File: 555-come-on-now.jpg (59KB, 960x882px) Image search: [Google]
555-come-on-now.jpg
59KB, 960x882px
>>9592967
>godawful
>can't find it anywhere
>>
>>9592969
theyre bullying me its not my fault
>>
File: 59bbea8705b1bff9fb2c2b446598ec5c.png (219KB, 526x1366px) Image search: [Google]
59bbea8705b1bff9fb2c2b446598ec5c.png
219KB, 526x1366px
Quick question, I plan on cosplaying pic related (Nikaido from Dorohedoro) since we have super similar bodytype and all I was wondering if anyone had tips for making that outfit a tad more con-safe?

She's supposed to now be wearing pants nor a top, however I'd definitely wear dance tights with underwear on top of that, but any other ideas would be appreciated!
>>
>>9592960
yeah, but TV heads are OCs. it's weird to just up and copy someone else's?
>>
>>9592949
there's a lot of other pale clothing out there desu, but directly copying someone's outfit shows what creativity you cant come up with imo. id be flaming someone if they copied my oc or outfit if I didn't know them.
>>
>>9592996
Dance tights + underwear + strapless bra

You'll be good. Sexy no jutsu gets a free pass at most cons, you'll be fine. Just use some adhesive to keep that apron on.
>>
File: baito.jpg (67KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
baito.jpg
67KB, 251x201px
>>9592914
>>9592945
>>9592949
>>9592960
>>9592967
and especially
>>9592989
>>
>>9584748
Looks to me like a bra attached to a bustier corset, and a lace camisole underneath. for the skirt you could probably make a basic button up high waisted skirt
>>
>>9593102
This. If you can find a full bustier with thin straps go for it, just make sure that the camisole is fully visible. The skirt doesn't have to be high-waisted though, should be able to come up just underneath the bustier.
>>
File: missfotunegun.jpg (34KB, 529x350px) Image search: [Google]
missfotunegun.jpg
34KB, 529x350px
What should I make her guns from? PVC pipes?
>>
Any idea of where I can get shoes or what shoes look like the ones in pic? I honestly can't find ones that look even the tiny bit similar.
>>
>>9593352
PVC would work for the barrels. for the lower part you're gonna have to heat and bend it into shape, but please remember to have the proper ventilation mask and do it in a garage or outside because heating up PVC releases chlorine gas
>>
>>9593369
Dude, they're just water shoes. Took less than 5 minutes on google.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/160933-M-Men-Light-Weight-Comfort-Sole-Easy-Walking-Athletic-Slip-On-Water-shoes-/302284500029?var=601134656278&hash=item46618f6c3d:g:fDoAAOSwWWxY~6xe
>>
>>9593395
Oh. Thanks anon.
>>
File: godhelpme.jpg (187KB, 946x830px) Image search: [Google]
godhelpme.jpg
187KB, 946x830px
I'm a complete newbie and I know this is a pretty difficult cosplay for someone starting out but any help is greatly appreciated! I was wondering for starters what kind of fabric I should use, especially for the gold. Any other tips are very much appreciated.
>>
File: IMG_5855.jpg (102KB, 1280x933px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5855.jpg
102KB, 1280x933px
How would I make Marie's little hair accessory?
>>
>>9593352
pvc & sintra
>>
File: bird with bow.jpg (26KB, 480x508px) Image search: [Google]
bird with bow.jpg
26KB, 480x508px
Okay so I bought my petticoats from American Girl Dress on ebay back in like 2014 and now their shop is gone.

I'm desperately trying to find a good place to buy petticoats and I'm distraught over it.

I haven't been back on here for like 2 years, and I miss lolita fashion terribly, but I don't even know where to start from again.
>>
>>9594126
Sorry, I should make my request more clear.

Someone please tell me where to buy petticoats from/ good beginning sources for someone looking to be in the fashion again.
>>
File: Spike_Spiegel.jpg (60KB, 587x496px) Image search: [Google]
Spike_Spiegel.jpg
60KB, 587x496px
Can anyone recommend a wig with enough volume to properly match Spike?
>>
Where do you sell old costumes? I have a wardrobe full of old cosplays that I want to get rid off and I would like to sell it. Is there any effective way to do that?
>>
>>9594126
I heard Melikestea and Bunny House are the best. I love Bunny House personally.
>>
>>9594374
facebook has a lot of sales pages
>>
>>9594126
>>9594127
Malco Modes for A-line (just make sure to get the correct length and level of fluff for your dresses), Wunderwelt for cupcake. The latter is relatively new but apparently really good.
>>
>>9594385
Is there any that you would recommend? They usually never work for me, like noone is active there.
>>
>>9594405
>>9594383
Thank you both endlessly. I aim to be as active as I used to be. Many thanks for helping me get started again.
>>
So I'm making a witch/wizard-esque hat which is going to have a brim diameter of about 30". At this size of circle, I'm concerned about what I'll need to add for it to be able to support itself.

I was thinking interfacing but I'm really not sure if that alone would give the cotton enough tensile strength, and I'm hesitant to starch felt or anything because it will become too solid and won't feel like an authentic hat. Is there a material that's able to flex relatively freely while still holding it's own weight for this hat?

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9594373
You can't spot reduce that stomach fat, you just need to keep working at a calorific deficit and hope your body loses fat all over in good places. On the plus side, if you work along leg raise progressions your abs will develop and you'll be able to see them sooner than if you don't work them.
>>
>>9594848
Alright. Thanks anon.
>>
>>9594846
Hat makers use a type of interfacing fabric called buckram, which comes in different thicknesses depending on how firm the hat needs to be.
>>
Per the instructions of a tutorial, I put spackle paste over a paper mached prop, and it just seems... flakey. It's not sanded yet, but I'm a bit afraid of it flaking apart.

Is there a way to seal it? Or should I just paper mache over it again or try a way to get it off?
>>
>>9594944
That could be exactly what I'm looking for. Does it still have enough give to let the hat hang kind of naturally? (Sorry for no good terminology I'm new to this)
>>
File: ROSEMEBROID.png (3MB, 1904x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ROSEMEBROID.png
3MB, 1904x1000px
I know this is a looooong shot, but I can't imagine any other board having knowledge of where to find this.

Does anyone know where I could find these rose embroidery patches? The ones pictured on the right, NOT the ones of the left.

Obviously the ones on the left are trending, but i'm specifically looking for something more similar to the right. A black rose with red stitching, and a red rose in that similar style.

if i can;t find one, do you think it would hard to commission a few on etsy?
>>
So, My facial hair doesn't grow in thick (Meaning I don't get super bad 5 o clock shadow) but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on cutting down razor burn, bumps and keeping my face from looking like shit from shaving for a cosplay?
>>
>>9595037
Don't do it anon. I was following one for a nice looking marowak skull and it dawned on me this would be fragile as fuck if I brought it to a con. I remade it in foam by using the finished spackled and sanded model as a base for my template. You can do the same just don't put a whole lotta effort into sanding
>>
>>9595244
I've heard shaving powder is great for that, but haven't tried it myself yet.

>>9595431
So just let it be foam, or just sand the spackle? (Sorry, don't understand very well!)
>>
File: 4235432.jpg (231KB, 1000x471px) Image search: [Google]
4235432.jpg
231KB, 1000x471px
>>9595525
Not sure what you're making but rough sanding so you can use it as a base. I feel like a picture is worth a 1000 words so you can just see how I did mine for example. Keep in mind I'm still learning about making proper patterns and you could easily do what I did with less shapes. But yeah this should give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Its lighter and infinitely more durable in its current form. Again not sure what you're making but I hope this helps
>>
>>9595525

Eh, I've read mixed reviews on it. Especially when it comes to skin types... It's been known to cause chemical burns on the skin.

I might just look into some good razors, cream and then use some type of concealer to help with any possible bumps (Cover them up atleast)
>>
>>9595525
>or just sand the spackle?

different anon but dont use spackle. at all.
its just gonna get crumbly and eventually chip away.
>>
File: 1450139060948.jpg (357KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
1450139060948.jpg
357KB, 1280x854px
I just glued together two pieces of a 3D print with epoxy. Sadly there's some pretty sizeable gaps between the pieces. What can I use to fill those up? I plan on spray painting it after, so whatever I use needs to still work with being spray painted.
>>
>>9595813
Tried bondo on top of a temporary base?
>>
>>9595819
Is that the creamy wood filler thing? I've only used it in actual wood working projects. I don't have any other plastic pieces to test it on, but it sounds like a good idea!
>>
>>9595819
Yeah. I'm not sure how well it would work on your material but it would allow you to finely shape it quite easily before spraying.
>>
>>9595841
Oops that was for >>9595828
>>
File: Warrior_woman_takes_aim.png (315KB, 521x260px) Image search: [Google]
Warrior_woman_takes_aim.png
315KB, 521x260px
where can i shop for old sports equipment?
i'm trying to do a road warrior cosplay and need to get my hands on some football shoulder pads like the ones in this pic.

etsy, ebay, and craigslist have yielded little to no good results thus far.
>>
this might be a dumb question, can you wear glasses under a zentai suit, and if so, how obvious are they (glare)?
>>
>>9596257
Even if they aren't huge rimmed glasses, they'll be noticeable from the bulge of the fabric not being completely flat on your face.
>>
Let's say I were to run a non-competition gaming panel (mainly because Splatoon 2 is team based and I wouldn't know how to determine who to give prizes to for all but one mode). Do you guys think it would work out? I'm asking mainly because it'd be a "bring your own Switch to participate" ordeal and I sorta doubt anyone would bring theirs in to lend and also not partake in it. The chances of it getting stolen or broken is just too high.

I'm just trying to think of a way to play with potentially a bunch of people locally :^(
>>
>>9596257
Are contact lenses not an option?
>>
We're pretty new to cosplay and we're going to a con pretty soon (4 months away) and we can't think of anything. It's 5 males (4 tall, lanky. 1 average size) and we all have watched, played, and
read everything.
(We'd like something more simple but anything works)
>>
>>9596856
Try and get a sign up sheet weeks or months before the con. Ask the official con team to post on their site so people will see. That way you'll know if people want to participate in the game.
>>
>>9597151
>we all have watched, played, and read everything.

uh huh...
>>
Would it be possible to convert an overlong shirt into a tunic? I was thinking of cutting wedges out of the sides to give it the front and back flap things, and deepening the neck a bit.
>>
Anyone can post close up promo pic of Fancy Hospital's cross headbow in black? I can't find it anywhere, please help
>>
File: happy_techie.jpg (94KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
happy_techie.jpg
94KB, 900x900px
Hello, devou/tg/uardsman here, I'm trying to make a tech priest costume and I want it to have some spark effects. How do I do that without burning to death?
>>
File: 20170814_163037_HDR.jpg (151KB, 668x812px) Image search: [Google]
20170814_163037_HDR.jpg
151KB, 668x812px
What sort of fabric should I be using for Kazuma's half-cape? This is the only thing of about the right colour that I could see, but I don't know enough about fabric choices to really tell.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.