[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PNW General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: akicon2017.png (22KB, 501x413px) Image search: [Google]
akicon2017.png
22KB, 501x413px
Aki Con just announced its 2017 dates two days ago for Oct. 19-22. Nothing else has really been announced--no guests, artist alley applications, etc. What's going on? I thought Aki con's last year was in 2016 or something?

I suppose we can go ahead and make this a PNW general thread as well. How many of you fucks are going to PAX?
>>
File: 1365683703176.jpg (144KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1365683703176.jpg
144KB, 640x960px
Is anyone going to Mahouto Market in August? Was the first one worth going to?
>>
>>9576143
I've been to the winter one and it was fun enough, there was some cute stuff. That being said you really don't need to spend more than ten minutes at it. If you don't live very close by I wouldn't say it's worth it.
>>
>>9576113
Are they going to put artists in a filthy outdoor parking garage in the rain again with no heat?
>>
>>9576174
Wouldn't put it past them. I just think 2 and-a-half months before the event is kind of cutting it close to announce the dates. I feel like nothing about this con should surprise me anymore and yet here I am.

Totally had a friend in the AA the year of Garage Con. There's a small part of me that is still flabbergasted
>>
Is the lolita comm in Seattle even active? I've been living here for two months now, and all my attempts to join their FB group (yes, I followed all the instructions) have gone ignored. I don't mind going out in lolita alone, but it would be nice to have people to go out in my more "out there" coordinates with.
>>
>>9576113
>>9576174

Aki-con got bought up in its entirety by someone and they're using the existing infrastructure to continue holding a convention while moving away from some of the shady shit that the con's original owners were up to.

They didn't fuckin re-brand though and that's gonna kill them.
>>
>>9576234
Do you think that's why their social media has been silent since last year? Literally no posts at all this year until the one in OP

>Shit, even Newcon rebranded itself (not that it helped)
>>
If you want a Halloween con then I highly recommend Kumori con down in Portland. Had a blast even with the shooting outside of our hotel room!
>>
>>9576219
It took 3 months for me to get accepted, the mods seem to not frequently check their messages, or it goes to some weird ass inbox on Facebook. Best advice is to message all of them, if you haven't already.

There's been a lot of meetups so far this Summer though.
>>
>>9576329
Kumori is pretty swell. Haven't been for a few years though. Had no idea about a shooting?
>>
>>9576445

It's Portland, weird shit always goes down in Portland. This morning there was a fella running in the road on Killingsworth screaming at people and trying to sell them laundry detergent.
>>
>>9576113
>How many of you fucks are going to PAX?
I am, I'll be there all 4 days, very excited! I still got 2xSUN and 2xMON to sell, hopefully some family relatives will want to go, here's hoping.
>>
>>9576445
I think it was gang members driving and taking out a few random people on the sidewalk around town. Noone died as far as I know.
>>
>>9576760
>Noone died
PETER NOONE OF THE 1960S POP GROUP HERMANS HERMITS DIED?!
>>
>>9576450
A shooting is different from the weird shit that's always going on Portland. Darth Vader playing the bag pipes on a unicycle is weird Portland shit. The stabbings and shootings happening lately are not.
>>
>>9576143
Went to the one in June and it was ok. Just a small artist alley. Nothing special.

>>9576174
Those fucking leaky buckets... still sucks that someone had one spill on them.

>>9576234
>Aki-con got bought up in its entirety by someone
Anyone know who the dumbfuck is? Nicole is so shady and Akicon has such a horrible reputation. Really stupid to re-brand it and to still have Nicole involved.
>>
>>9576219
A couple of girls are going to Seattle Sailor Moon Day tomorrow! We have a meet at Mahouto Market in August coming up as well. Your best bet is to message a bunch of mods.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-29-01-46-41.png (449KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-29-01-46-41.png
449KB, 1080x1920px
>>9578727
We try for one or two a month!
>>
>>9578551
I feel like following the Portland Alerts twitter has made me super anxious about being on the side of town I'm on! NE is just... no
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.