[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rare shit/personal treasures from Cons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 17

What would you consider as the most treasured item you've ever gotten your hands on from a con, either as a volunteer, standard con-goer, or guest.

Pic related.
>>
I got a FLCL2 poster from AX 2017
>>
File: IMG_2310.jpg (2MB, 1836x2671px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2310.jpg
2MB, 1836x2671px
>>9575358
when I took a break someone drew a doodle of me <3
>>
I won a collectors edition during a 3000 person panel and then the creator signed it live on stage for me
>>
The English voice actor of All Might from BNHA, Christopher R. Sabat, gave me a hug and that's pretty priceless.
>>
>>9575358
Misako said hi to me once.
>>
Only interesting thing that happened to me is when I tried to get an autograph from Luci Christian and she chugged a whole bottle of water while keeping eye contact.
>>
I own 3 original sketches from Arina Tanemura. Thanks animefest!
>>
Yoh Yasanori sketches
>>
>>9575627
hot
>>
Not an item, but Ellen McLain (voice of GLaDOS and my middle school hero) sang for me once. I talked about it nonstop for about a week after.
>>
Nathan Fillion took a picture of me when he visited Comic Con Germany

I was fixing my belt and when I looked up he was standing infront of me. good thing I was wearing a helmet or he would took a picture of me looking like an suprised idiot

I bowed and then he went on
should have asked for a foto with him nobody will believe me
>>
I got a shitty little "1st place Coslay" (no I did not make a typo there) badge I got at the first cosplay contest I entered solo. I like it because it reminds me of how much I've progressed since then.
>>
Billy West hit on me.
>>
File: IMG_3220.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3220.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Everyone at the con got one (all 800 of us) but the excusive Terry Pratchett portfolio still makes me so happy and so sad at the same time.
>>
Charles Martinet (voice actor of Mario) let me once skip the whole line because he spotted me in my cosplay in a corner at front of the stage he was on. It was amazing. He said he liked my costume und I got an autograph without even waiting.
Thinking about it still makes me so happy. I didn't even think that this was possible. I was just watching the line and was about to go because I didn't wanted to wait that long.
>>
File: 129515.jpg (16KB, 165x256px) Image search: [Google]
129515.jpg
16KB, 165x256px
I bought this Goku figure at a con so I could get Sean Schemmel to sign it at the last minute. He ended up loving the figure so much that he gave me 50$ to go buy him one too! I ran over to the booth I originally got it from all the while having a mini heart/fan attack. He was so thankful that he let me keep the change (which was like 20$). Such a great guy! Such a great memory!
>>
>>9575358
As an SDCC fag
my favorite is an autograph of the voice actors from animaniacs

my most expensive would be an autograph from the cast of matt smith doctor who era
>>
Got this sick-ass japanese Asuka poster
>>
>>9575799
Very jealous, very sad.

I got a "Matt the Radar Technician" print. It's not super unique, but that's one of the first things my best friend and I bonded over when we met.
I also have the BTSSB bags and post cards from Nekocon 2016.
>>
In the line for Takeshi Honda signings at MCM last year I saw a guy get three of the original evangelion cells signed, I just got a poster.

Fuck that guy
>>
One time I asked Egoraptor if I could give him a hug during a panel and he originally said no because it would make his wife jealous but then he saw I was dressed as Megaman so he let me do it anyway.
>>
I met Misako and she said I was cute and that she liked my coord and asked to take a selfie together. I almost cried, I was so happy. I also got a signed TRIGGER art book with storyboards in it at a TRIGGER panel.
>>
I was able to meet one of my favorite artists (who has now stopped going to cons and works for Disney) and he drew my favorite obscure pairing.

It ended up being a slighty nsfw pole dancing/ silly drawing but it was the funniest and greatest thing I had ever received and became a huge inside joke with all of my friends and our small RP community.

>>9575610
My ex sat next to him on her plane flight and he gave her an exclusive DBZ poster because we couldn't afford to go to AX that year. I met him at LAX when picking her up and he was just the absolute sweetest guy. Very down to Earth.
>>
File: DSC_0889.jpg (939KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0889.jpg
939KB, 2304x1536px
A lot of signed stuff, but quite happy with my huge Shiny Chariot poster from AX2013 which they only gave 10 of out (the AX2015 reprint is smaller).

I also have a LWA poster signed by Masahiko Otsuka and Takanori Aki, a Space Dandy poster signed by Shinichirō Watanabe and Kimiko Ueno, and an Empire Strikes Back poster signed by David Prowse.
>>
>>9576036
So where's dat selfie
>>
My close friend and I cosplayed our OTP together and got a commission drawn of us and it was the most precious thing ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
I managed to commission Keita Amemiya (creator of GARO, my favorite show on the face of the planet) for an original ink drawing of the Zero armor. It was maybe a week after Zero: Dragon Blood had its season finale.

So I literally built a shrine for it.
>>
>>9575358
Limited edition Arceus Pokemon Battrio coin. It was actually fucking cheap and the same price as all of the shitmon coins.
>>
>>9576115
That's pretty fucking awesome.
>>
File: uchi_999.jpg (192KB, 1000x805px) Image search: [Google]
uchi_999.jpg
192KB, 1000x805px
>>9575358
Final Fantasy XII signed by Kari Wahlgren
Azumanga Daioh signed by Yuu Asakawa
SMT and Persona artbook signed by Yuri Lowenthal, Karen Strassman and Erika Harlacher
Uchikoshi signed my Zero Escape artbook

My favorite moment was when Uchikoshi visited the ZE gathering and some gave him this poster. He took it home and made a video of his fan work collection.
>>
>>9576115
I'm literally impressed.
>>
>>9576115
I gotta know, how much did that cost you?
>>
File: 20170726_221857.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170726_221857.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Got a little fan thing with patrick star's autograph on it.
>>
>>9575612
Misako took a selfie with me. I ended up with moon face but still.
>>
>>9576176

$100, which to be fuckin honest was a steal at the kind of quality he was doing for everyone. He wasn't just churning shit out as fast as possible, every single stroke he put on the board was deliberate and exactly where he wanted it. Hell, before he put his signature seal on it he actually stopped and went back and added a few things.

There were a couple guys that went through the line like four times though. That takes disposable income and dedication I just don't fuckin have.
>>
I touched Vic Mignogna's butt. You would have, too.
>>
>>9576227
I'm sure a lot of people can say he touched theirs though
>>
>>9576115
That looks awesome, anon.
>>
>>9576115
Neat, he stamped it too.
>>
>>9576115
You ever send him this pic? You should.
>>
File: Trigger Autographs.jpg (196KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Trigger Autographs.jpg
196KB, 1440x810px
Posted a while back in the AMW thread, but I'm still head over heels about these sketches from TRIGGER. The best part was showing Wakabayashi and Koyama my Inferno Cop art and how much they liked it!
>>
>>9576460

I'd have to unlock my Twitter for that.
>>
>>9576224
Wow that much? I have a friend who got multiple drawings by him that day (probably one of the guys you saw going back to the line several times) and i never realized he payed that much for them. Wow.
Theyre pretty fucking rad though.
>>
>>9575642
>Arina Tanemura
wait. how?! do they give them away? sell them? im going this year and AH
>>
File: IMG_3721.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3721.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto and Shigeto Koyama signature boards that were given to people they picked to ask questions. I was picked twice by the same host lol. I'm forever grateful.
>>
>>9576027
gross
>>
>>9576519
From the autograph sessions. I'm not sure if they still allow sketches. The first year she was here they had no rules. The second they made everyone wanting a sketch go last and she went a full hour over her scheduled time.

In previous years they've also put anything she drew in panels in the art auction.
>>
File: IMG_20140728_173904_983 - Copy.jpg (184KB, 816x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140728_173904_983 - Copy.jpg
184KB, 816x460px
Most treasured item I ever got was the 25th Anni box set for Street Fighter. It was a gift from a buddy who works at Capcom who always saw me at Comic Con every year at their panels, stopping by the booth, talking it up with fans/staff/etc. I was a sobbing baby when he gave it to me because as he gave it to me he was saying how much he appreciated my cosplays, and always being a hype fan of SF and always being around. That shit meant a lot to hear.

The following year I took it back to SDCC and had as many people who were involved in SFIV, including him, sign it. Along with a ton of the Artists from Udon.
>>
>>9576651
omg do you have photos of them i really want to see them! i hope i get a sketch!! im so hype!
>>
I bought a "rare" official mini plushie of Phoenix Wright in the exhibit hall in one of those small exhibitors in a small messy booth for $20 bucks, which I thought was ridulously priced but got it anyways.

I dug through a basket of real miscalleneous less than popular characters and found him only to be told later that it was very pricey online even before shipping.

Will never sell him. I love this character too much, its my treasure.
>>
Can't find it right now, but someone took 2 photos of her and my cosplay with a polaroid camera and gave me one of them. Was nice ;u;
>>
>>9575610

Going off this a little (cause this isn't a materialistic thing), but at SDCC, I saw Yaya and I was so starstruck for a second that I stupidly shouted out to her and waved to her like she was some sort of Disney mascot. I was like,

>Yaya!! I love you Yaya!! Hi!

And I shit you not, in the middle of a big photo shoot, with like 30 people around her taking photos, she stopped posing, looked around for my dumbass calling out to her and she waved back and said Yo!

I felt kinda blessed, I won't lie. All my fake hatred for her online melted away pretty fucking quick.
>>
To keep it cosplay related, I've got a White Ranger helmet from Mighty Morphin'/Dairanger, made by myself, and signed by Jason David Frank.
>>
>>9575799
I got to hold Terry Pratchett's Hugo award when I went to WorldCon '04. He couldn't make it, so they grabbed the guy out of the crowd who looked the most like Terry Pratchett, and he's a buddy of mine.
>>
>>9576115
Damn where was this by the way?
Only cool item I even have is the solid metal version of Silva with the zero figure from a while back. I always wanted to get the box it was in signed or framed like this.
>>
>>9581152

Monsterpalooza down in CA. We're of the same mind my dude, I wish I had Silva. I have Goruba though! Nabbed the Makai Kado Dan off Mandarake a while back because someday I plan on making Tsubasa's outfit.
>>
>>9581127
Oh wow that's pretty cool. I'm jealous!
>>
File: sketch-1501558539498.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1501558539498.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Autographed first print run of Shintaro Kago's book "Tract" when he came to TCAF IN 2016.
He signed it amd I shook his hand, nice guy.
>>
>>9576115

Wait, you can just commission a famous artist just like that? Fuck, 100$? What a steal.
>>
>>9576227
He tripped over my bags in the hotel lobby at Anime Mid-Atlantic.
>>
>>9578581
Why would you ruin your hard work like that?
>>
Was gifted art of one of my characters by a young fan when I was tabling at Fanime. She told me that she had the courage to go because I was going to be there. It's decorating my desk, I was seriously touched.
>>
>>9578577
I did this to her at a show in Atlanta we both happened to be at and she did the same thing. She's great at fan interaction
>>
>>9576460

>you should send him a pic

So I caved and tagged him in the Instagram post I made with photos of the shrine and thanked him for drawing the artwork for me and he fucking followed me on Instagram and now I'm giving serious consideration to going full Ted Kazinsky and disappearing into the wilderness never to be seen again.

rest in pepperoni.
>>
>>9582556
>senpai noticed me! Time to go innawoods 4eva
>>
>>9582074
Woah now THAT is a guest I would love to meet.
>everyone go read harem end now
>>
File: DEQEpK9XgAAjuOk.jpg (335KB, 1342x2047px) Image search: [Google]
DEQEpK9XgAAjuOk.jpg
335KB, 1342x2047px
Yoshinari Yoh drew me an adult Chariot from Little Witch Academia because I was cosplaying her to meet them and apparently he has never drawn her for an autograph session before. This is sitting framed now because it's very special to me.
>>
File: IMG_7119.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7119.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Yoshinari, Hori, Wakabayoshi, and Koyama signing my large Trigger poster. The best part was when Waka signed it twice and improved his drawing skills.
>>
>>9582074
Aaah that's so fucking cool. You're so lucky, Kago's one of my favourite illustrators.
>>
>>9586555
>>9583370
Where the fuck did you get them all gathered for a signature? Only events I've been to only had one each.
>>
Got Travis Willingham to sign my DVD set of Mushishi, he signed it out to my name and everything.

It's my favorite anime and Ginko's one of my favorite fictional characters, period. plus the routine of watching the dub every night before I went to sleep over a month is one of my best series-watching memories. Season 2 dubbed fucking never, though.
>>
File: Kanbe_Wataru.jpg (122KB, 600x753px) Image search: [Google]
Kanbe_Wataru.jpg
122KB, 600x753px
Hiroyuki Kanbe was at a con I was staffing and he's such a nice guy he ended up drawing stuff for pretty much everyone in my department. He worked on Brave Story, so I asked for a Wataru. A staffer friend also got a Wataru drawing, and we were both super excited to get them because we had actually met through the Brave Story fandom years before.
>>
At a convention I was staffing for I was working as the personal assistant with a video game developer I have been a LONG time fan of, but then some shit hit the fan and I was needed elsewhere. The staffer helping another guest got incredibly ill and had to leave, so I needed to go moderate the panels they had been in charge of. No biggie, disappointing, but that's what staffing is like.

I'd originally been planning to slide them a game to sign at the end of their autograph session, but since I was officially otherwise occupied I passed it off to the head of my department on staff and went to go put out fires. This game was a first edition copy of the very first indy game this dev had ever worked on. The type of shit they had burned the game disks at home themselves and put together the packaging inserts by hand.

My boss lost it.

Set it down for five minutes, turned around, and it wasn't there anymore. We never found out what happened to it, but the assumption is that it was stolen, and probably not even by someone who knew what it was.

When it happened I didn't lose my cool. It hurt, a lot, but honestly there's nothing you can do about it after the fact. It could have happened to me just as easily as it happened to my boss, and a physical object is not worth ruining an actual person's weekend over by getting pissed off. We all work too hard for this convention all year long to let an accident ruin any of it.

But when the dev found out what had happened, they pulled out a copy of the games remake from their at-con stock, signed it, wrote me a message thanking me for taking care of them all weekend, and got one of the voice actors who had worked on the game to sign it for me too.

It was such a kind, personal gesture, and honest to god I'm just so fucking touched that they did that, and I treasure this copy of the game more than I did the original it replaced.
>>
File: DAdTgfiW0AIVXwR.jpg (243KB, 1199x933px) Image search: [Google]
DAdTgfiW0AIVXwR.jpg
243KB, 1199x933px
>>9591405
Awwww, I'm sorry you lost it, but what a cool gesture!

This is a "started-at-a-con" story, I guess. I went to Jump Festa last year and had the amazing opportunity to meet Tabata-sensei, the creator of Black Clover. I made a plush Witch's Forest Golem for him and he seemed to like it. A few months later, volume 11 came out and the golem was on the inside flap!! He frequently puts fan works on the inside flap, but I was still so touched he liked it enough to use it!!
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.