[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Net Idol/Odottemita/Cover Groups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 37

File: IMG_7085.png (2MB, 1081x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7085.png
2MB, 1081x960px
Old one (>>9553019) is autosaging.

/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p-CYbtXF9NUJ3EuJuxkcujp_qwMmNfKaOrlO3VjaSHA/

Last notable event is Hoshi Teruko starting yet another new idol group, "Trickery" under yet another new name, Saya Akahoshi.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScMK4IhZMPIp-dlbvmlykcpIU3Jup1nWtPwN1NfQiKQl6XOxA/viewform
>>
File: IMG_1318.jpg (188KB, 640x917px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1318.jpg
188KB, 640x917px
Commence mini dump of drama from Net Idol Confessions.
>>
File: IMG_1319.jpg (199KB, 640x912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1319.jpg
199KB, 640x912px
>>9573649
>>
File: IMG_1320.jpg (193KB, 640x916px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1320.jpg
193KB, 640x916px
>>9573652
>>
File: IMG_1321.jpg (182KB, 640x916px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1321.jpg
182KB, 640x916px
>>9573653
>>
File: IMG_1323.jpg (184KB, 640x777px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1323.jpg
184KB, 640x777px
>>9573654
Fun fact: I happen to be one of these people.
>>
File: IMG_1339.jpg (196KB, 640x906px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1339.jpg
196KB, 640x906px
>>9573655
>>
File: IMG_1340.jpg (198KB, 640x976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1340.jpg
198KB, 640x976px
>>9573659
#notbothered
>>
Someone please tell these idiots that a "net idol" is technically a musician that primarily distributes their work via the internet and has gained popularity/a fandom by doing so.

Basically none of these fucking bitches are actually "net idols."
>>
>>9573670
KEK
>>
>>9573655

At this point. Even something like a LL cover group going off the beaten path and cover a non JIdol song would be unique imo. I dont care what they cover. A metal song, a top 40 Girl Group like Little Mix or Fifth Harmony or the those classic groups. Just go off the beaten path that even the Idols in Japan never had really done like cover western music
>>
Some quick feels to bump up the thread:

>really close to being able to record our first dance cover
>youngest member is extremely paranoid about location
>doesn't want to film in backyard or friend's backyard because "they could find us!"

There's a park we can film at, but it's not as perfect a location as friend's yard is. (They have a pool, we're doing an ocean-y song. Nearest beach is four hours away, and none of us want to drive that far just for a four minute shoot.) I have no clue why youngest member thinks that someone will want to find us, and that filming in a public location will prevent us from being found. Just look at what has happened with Shia LaBeouf. But none of us have been able to assuage her fears. She wanted us to take down a video with tiny, unrecognizable pictures in the background, for heavens sake!
>>
>>9574568
Pretty sure that even if your group is like... the most well known cover/net idol group on this earth, you still would not have anybody coming to find you or trying to stalk you down. There aren't enough idol fans (especially in the west, at least that's where I'm assuming you are) to warrant being worried about that. Is she delusional about how efamous you guys are or something? Tell her she can skip out on the shoot then if she's so worried.
>>
>>9574568
If the majority of you are in favor of the yard, I say put it to a vote. If she has a problem with majority rule then she can sit it out. If this becomes a common trend, it might be better to remove her from the group until she matures/calms down a bit.
>>
>>9574581
Exactly. We've tried telling her that. I don't know if she thinks we'll be that popular, I think she's just being paranoid about creepy guys coming to find her.
>>
>>9574612
This is how I imagine the instagram roleplaying weebs to be like in real life. They love to post shitty OCs on their pages and hold "auditions" for groups that won't ever have to actually do anything because that way they don't have to show themselves publicly. Try to put them in a public space and they get freaked out that they're in cosplay/doing a dance, having their weebness exposed.
>>
>>9574630
Thank goodness that's not what she's like. I'm thinking about starting an odottemita group at my college, and am scared of some weebs like that showing up.
>>
New Danzoo Dash cover:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hPmUEMzASi4

I was so excited because of Aikatsu, but was so disappointed.
>>
>>9574568
>four minute shoot
Good shoots take at least a few hours to produce a few minutes of content. A single take looks like crap.
>>
>>9574661
I meant that the actual finished thing will be around four minutes, whoops. We are going to shoot and reshoot until it looks absolutely perfect, because we don't want to end up like Aquaria or Stellure. None of us have the time to drive all the way to the Gulf of Mexico for a video.
>>
>>9574658
Lmao at the person watching in the background clearly wondering what the fuck is going on. Also please get her some shorts that fit properly.
>>
>>9574658

That's

not how the dance goes at all

Somehow it's worse watching people fuck up dances you already know
>>
>>9574853
The weird hand-kick thing during the beginning instrumental—followed by her not having any idea how to Charleston properly—made me so mad.
>>
>>9574658
that was so akward to watch
>>
>>9574658
the Halloween tiger tail is the worst part
But why is the dance so slow and basic?
Why didn't she watch this take and go for another?
>>
>>9575022
The actual dance from the anime is the first one new students learn, so it's supposed to be simple. But the execution of the cover is so poor...
>>
>>9574662
Honestly, I find this a shitty excuse. You want this to be perfect and you say the song has a beach and/water theme. A pool is nice but that should be the "we 100% couldn't get to the beach" excuse. It's a lot harder to find a backyard than it is to find a park. But if you drive out then that fear is literally invalid. If you want the cover to be perfect, I suggest you take the time and DRIVE to the Gulf. Perfection is more than just nailing the dance. There's a reason idols record summer songs on a beach more times than not.
>>
>>9575120
i was ready to say "expecting people to drive 8 hours for a cover dance in one day is retarded" but then I thought about how they are likely not working on the day they planned to shoot anyways, so I'm not sure anymore. Gas money is a bitch but if they split it, hmm.
>>
>>9575120
>>9575137
I agree with you in concept, but you have no way of knowing how we spend our time and how many obligations we have. There's really no way we'd be able to make it out as a group. Sorry if I come off as rude, I don't mean to be. Believe me, I'd love to drive out and shoot there, but the pool is much more accessible, gorgeous, and overall just a better location for us at this time.
>>
>>9570824
Holy shit, groups like these are my dream. Their dancing, their energy, their costumes- everything's spectacular!

>>9574630
>Try to put them in a public space and they get freaked out that they're in cosplay/doing a dance, having their weebness exposed.
I think it's more that they want to be idols (just like in their idol animes) but don't actually want to invest the time and effort it takes to practice and put on a decent performance. It's so much easier to just recolor a LL! card and call yourself/your persona an idol.
>>
>>9575161
Maybe it's a super lazy manifestation of chuunibyou
>>
>>9575152
You're right I do not know. I also don't know how old you are which would also come in as a factor along with who can & cant drive and who does and doesn't have a car. If you haven't posted where you guys are located then it's not a problem to where you are but if you've literally said "we're in this City, State" your friend kind of has a valid fear (not that anyone would actually care though) but like I said it'd be easier to find a park rather than someone's private backyard. I also don't know how long you've been practicing together but if time and obligations are in the way, I say practice more to be safe.
>>
>>9575284
Thanks for being so understanding, anon. We don't plan on giving out any info on our location aside from extremely general stuff. (That's why we're going the net idol group, although we may perform live eventually.) We've had three practices all together so far, but we've practiced in duos a bunch as well. A few more practices, and we should be all set to film. I'm a perfectionist, so if we need more there will most certainly be more.
>>
>>9575303
Unless these practices are a minimum of 2 hours and over two months, if your group has over 5 people I still have doubts that everyone will be in sync and consistent. Hopefully y'all are practicing somewhere mirrored, crack down on people who don't feel like lipsyncing, and do some test records to get a better idea of if formations will look clean and organized when recorded and distancing.

Will have to agree that finalizing filming/shoot dates are a hassle in a group so whatever ends up being convenient enough for time and affordableness and keeps group tensions low to avoid ruining the mood sounds good. Then again I judge dancing/neatness far more than location/background as long as the lighting is reasonable but I do appreciate nice locations as long as it's not obvious that the effort put into getting to a nice location has drained everyone's energy and ends up cancelling out the nice background.

(If this is yet another Natsuiro cover I might scream since there are so many and whoever choreographed it has the strangest sense of rhythm. If not, kudos for going with the summer theme and something less common)
>>
>>9575303
Same anon here again cuz I feel like I got too weirdly specific and unintentionally harsh. 3 practices is still better than only one practice day of filming/performing and then realizing everyone interpreted things differently, so good job on that.

I'm in a group myself but we're more of a biweekly practice group so we take forever to get to the filming stage and I tend to be surprised when groups record after a month or even less of practice.

You sound reasonable and considerate so I do hope things work out.
>>
>>9575331
>>9575339
It's not Natsuiro! We're struggling enough learning Sunny Day Song, we are NOT throwing ourselves into something even more complex, haha. We have a very small group, and weekly (sometimes biweekly) practices in a place with mirrors set up, since we can't afford a studio yet.

You've been very reasonable as well, thank you for your suggestions and commentary! I don't mind the harshness, I have a little experience in showbiz so I have a pretty tough skin. I hope your group does and is doing well!
>>
File: 1500479539074.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500479539074.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>9575161
Same, I wish for a group like those university girls
>pic is me when I don't know anyone that would form a group in my area
>>
Too bad being in an idol group has a lot of drama and bitchiness involved
>>
>>9575331
Aw I really like the choreo for Natsuiro haha. Although Mermaid Festa has been on my dream list of LL dances to do, and my group even just made mermaid-themed outfits for our next performance. It doesn't look right without an odd amount of dancers though so we might do it after our fifth member formally joins us. sage for rambling, sorry.
>>
>>9574658
would be better if she at least had energy
>>
>>9574658
i fell asleep watching this
>>
I'm a beginner at doing dance covers and I don't know how to control my breathing, any help?
>>
>>9575674
Honestly, stamina and practice. Consider doing cardio of some sort if you don't already, since that will help you get used to the consistent activity and get your breathing patterns established. Maybe even practice singing, since that involves a lot of breath control and large, deep breaths.
>>
>>9575359
Also forgot to say this but if your group does get a chance to perform live officially, as in not just a random hallway but at a idol gathering or a stage at a con or festival, I would highly recommend it especially as your group builds up a setlist! It is absolutely worth it and this is coming from someone with some stage fright.

>>9575591
The choreo itself is super fun it's just that one part of the opening instrumental is really hard to time right, even more so if you're doing it in a full group but once you get it down it feels super satisfying. I just feel like people have this misconception that earlier muse songs have easier dances but honestly whoever they hired to choreograph natsuiro had a really unique sense of timing? Only complaining about this because a lot of newly formed groups are doing natsuiro as their first cover since it is summer. It's definitely still a fun dance though and feel more like a jpop idol dance rather than anime school idol dance if that makes any sense.
>>
Another New England group popped up on insta called lunar idols. Didn't see it listed but apparently they plan on debuting at AAC.
>>
>>9575780
New England has one shit million idol groups on instagram that never actually do anything
>>
>>9575789
Truth, I'll post if they actually do AAC though I doubt it knowing 3 of the girls. 2 are uncoordinated as hell, and the third is well known for finding excuses to bail on groups.
>>
>>9575780
That's such a boring group name but again, any group that is basically *insert adjective and/or noun* idols doesn't sound like they'll be significant with such a forgettable name.
>>
>>9575820
don't get me started New England has lunar idols, celestial idols, starry idols....
>>
>>9575833
I can appreciate Idolized as a group name compared to those. *Insert word* idols sound like rp groups rather than actual groups. The only other name trend I can think of are Project *insert word* or Generic Name Project groups.
>>
>>9575840
my personal favorite name I've ever heard was Savage Muse
>>
File: IMG_7148.jpg (177KB, 749x1103px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7148.jpg
177KB, 749x1103px
>>9575780
I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see this
>>
I was wondering if this type of "community" exists with K-pop groups? I'm not talking about cover groups, but idol groups that are more inspired by K-pop.
I'm not entirely sure if this question is permitted here, since it's connected to Korean pop culture, rather than Japanese pop culture, yet it's worth a shot.
Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9575674

It'll come to you once you know the dance properly, you actually begin to anticipate movements and rather than flailing about and expending more energy than you need to, you'll get through it efficiently.
Me at the start of learning and having actually learned it are two separate things, and I've been dancing for a good percentage of my life.
>>
>>9575152
>There's really no way we'd be able to make it out as a group.
Then how do you plan on doing anything as a group if you become more popular? You're going to have to be able to travel together places.
>>
>>9575674
Practise, practise. I recommend dancing choreographies with a lot of jumping! In addition to that, smiling with your teeth showing is actually a good way of getting breath without looking like you're in need of air! Plus it always looks nicer when you're happy while dancing. Also if you're lipsyncing, that kind of helps controlling breathing too.
>>
>>9575852
This girl has no friends if they let her dress up like that much less post it online.
>>
>>9574658
>idols should smile while performing, better have a ear to ear closed mouth expression the entire dance!
>>
>>9575892
We're not planning on doing any real life performances until our members are all in more financially stable situations. So, just net stuff for now.
>>
>>9575852
why do fatties even bother with love live? in many occasions in the show the girls were on diets and got complained for their weight
>>
>>9575856
>idol groups that are more inspired by K-pop
As in an original amateur idol group inspired by K-pop? I only know of Coco Avenue (which disbanded recently).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQIWvJGGgjQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMFadT61tVA
I'm not too into K-pop so there might be more groups that I don't know about.

Does anyone know of any solo net idols/aspiring idols (preferably ones who sing in addition to dancing)? Of course we're all familiar with Hoshi Teruko/whatever she's calling herself now, but the only other I can think of is Galaxy Girl Paida.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKZ4MhPrvw
>>
>>9575852
she looks like gru holy shit
>>
>>9575545
Not if you allow it to happen or have toxic people in the group
>>
>>9576047
Konaru Yabuki.
>>
>>9576047
Wow I really don't hate Paida. She's not awful at singing, she's fairly cute, and not horrible at dancing either. And the ORESAMA cover got me.
>>
>>9576047
paida definitely needs more recognition, she's really good!
>>
>>9575852

If the pocchako enjoys herself its all that matters. So long as they are based its all good in my eyes.

>>9575856

Yep. But they are way more versatile.
>>
>>9576047
I love Paida! I got to see her live and desu she as just so awesome to watch and inspiring. She's super cute and really friendly in person which was a refreshing change. In comparison the same show hosted "2une" from NY and they were really unfriendly and in accessible.
>>
>>9576152
Same anon, but this was the show. She traveled so far for it!
>>
File: 1414306360482.png (315KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1414306360482.png
315KB, 800x800px
>>9575511
anon I'm in the same boat. I moved to Central FL last year and while walking around a public park I saw a group of younger girls (14-18 i think ) wearing LL Sunshine uniforms and practicing a cover. I wanted to approach them, but I was afraid they'd think I was too old since I'm Christmas Cake. Now I don't even know how to find them or if I should.

Was thinking about putting up local flyers for my own cover group with other girls my age. inb4 it's too late for me, I know.
>>
>>9576139
I agree wholeheartedly! A lot of performers who are actually talented don't nearly get as much recognition as they deserve since we're too busy laughing at the cringe stuff.

>>9576111
Sorry, but who's that? Searching Youtube and Instagram brings up nothing.

>>9576154
>inb4 it's too late for me, I know.
It's never too late, anon! Groups with older members tend to be better anyway since they usually have more time, money, dedication and self-awareness.

Have some 50+ year old idols: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Zt9jdWZ3U (This concert is from 2011, and both of these ladies are turning 60 soon)
and some adorable 80+ year old granny idols: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ANQOHRxFwM
>>
File: 1422843781144.png (210KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
1422843781144.png
210KB, 566x800px
>>9576170
Oh Anon, you have given me a hope. I shall always feel that you are a benefactor.
>>
>>9576154
Look at Facebook groups for conventions in your state! When I formed my group, I started by posting in the group for the convention in my city, looking for people who were interested in meeting up to learn some dances. We ended up getting along well enough to make an official group and start performing at cons together! Or if you're at conventions in your state, keep on the lookout for dance events and just go talk to people performing at those events. They probably know which other groups are in your area, so you can start following them all and keeping an eye out for auditions.
>>
>>9576047
Yessss, Paida!! She's so inspiring, adorable, and passionate. Definitely underrated.
>>
>>9576170
Those grannies are precious!
>>
>>9576274
Thank you! This is all super helpful! There aren't many local conventions, but its smack in the middle of several cities that have many cons so I'll definitely come across these things.
>>
>>9576111
>>9576170
You mean Milky Kitty? She started focusing more on organizing Texas Idol Festival and supporting groups than performing. Galaxy Girl Paida and her are super close but she is pretty ugly and untalented.
>>
so many fucking Natsuiro covers coming out in like the last week lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObEIPE7U1ww
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTm3ko9ZONk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxizMEuSeqs
>>
>>9576300
It honestly looks like they showed Kotori the MV once and told her to "just follow along"

Nico's bra keeps poking out in the third video. So much underboob lol
>>
>>9576300
That second one... Yikes

That fat Kotori is such a train wreck, I couldn't focus on anyone else because she was so out of it
>>
>>9576154
I hope this isn't super creepy... but I'm in your area and about to approach Christmas Cake age and would love to do something like this.
C-can we be friends anon?
>>
>>9576154
>>9576274

oh yeah, and responding a second time to your post to let you know that age isn't as big of a deal as we usually think it is. Obviously it would be kind of awkward to be the only 25 year old in a dance group of teenagers, but if you find people around your age to form a group with it works really well! Everyone in mine is in their twenties. And while it means we can't learn and perform songs as quickly as groups who uh, don't have to deal with jobs and bills and apartments, we can put more $$$ into traveling to cons, hotels, and cute outfits.

Realistically, we're all too old to be "real" idols but as pasty nerdy Midwestern chicks none of us would have had a chance in the first place. Most people in the net-idol/dance cover scene know they're never going to be "real" idols, so it's not a big deal if you're past the idol age as long as you can put on a good performance.
>>
>>9576357
Funnily enough, more idol groups have older members they just aren't as popular. Predia is classified as an idol group and the members are late 20s/early 30s. Then there's groups who's age cut off for auditions is 25/26 like Houkago Princess. I think a mistake a lot of wannabe idols make is sticking with cutesy themes when they very well could do more mature concepts. Even Houkago Princess, a literal themed princess group, doesn't have a bunch of sickeningly cute songs (major debut songs though; indies definitely had cute songs).
>>
>>9576300
Wow it's such a shame Love Live only has one summer themed song...

>sarcasm
>>
>>9575674
continue to practice and you learn by habit honestly. For me I started by doing the dances on slow speed and worked my way up, that way i can tell when things get a bit intense and prep for it.
>>
>>9576300
Gah, that Nozomi has no sort of grasp on the timing. I just feel sorry for Kotori...
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hN-Kto0QMPg

Have some old, good cringe
>>
File: 1459796922300.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459796922300.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
So, my group wants to make a dance video and we are searching for places. In a dance room (I dunno how the name is for this rooms) we are too much people and the room small. We don't know if take it in a park or something. Any recomendations? (sorry for the english)
>>
>>9576300

I really hate the Nico solo version of this song. It sounds like a 5 year old trying to sing with something jammed in its mouth.
>>
File: 1483344289955.png (112KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483344289955.png
112KB, 300x300px
>>9574658
love those cringy covers
keep them coming
>>
I'm currently thinking of making an aspiring idol/net idol/whatever-you-want-to-call-it group in the US (east coast around NC, SC, & VA). of people who can actually meet between the ages of 18 and maybe 25/26. The biggest things of course are people who'd actually do it and those who actually have talent and time. Any ideas how I should go about planning the auditions if I do happen to go through with this idea? I'm currently working things out such as possibilities when it comes to travel and practice but my biggest is actually having talent and people who can see each other.
>>
>>9576532
I really feel like dying now
>>
>>9576549
possibly find a nice park or garden area? with 9 people unless you find a studio that's large enough, outdoors is your next best bet. But make sure that the background is 1) interesting 2) suiting for the song and 3) not too distracting from the dancers themselves.
>>
https://instagram.com/p/BWtKPT5j1Hi/ I've never heard of her group but this is just embarrassing
>>
>>9576811
i feel so uncomfortable watching these lanky girls dance in tiny rooms
>>
>>9576811
Wow, she's awkward. If she had more energy and smiled more, she could be pretty decent.
>>
I wonder how hard it is to get the actual live show outfits for personal use? Normally when you see the girls do mogyutto it is the unofficial version aka the sexier one with the cleavage vs the more conservative looking one with the pretty glitter to make them shine on stage

Also, one of Vancouver's groups. Sigma's got a long history, being one of the original 2 Odottemita in Vancouver after Natsu Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZcxtNin7Q8&index=10&list=PLIsn_7s5CQhd4-dmalTs_63MLFX7dYXrK
>>
>>9576729
I'm within that age range but not area but my first concern is if YOU actually have talent or time too.

A good way to judge could be to announce an audition song, having an open dance workshop and then auditions right after so that everyone is going to be judged for the same level and interpretation of the dance. This way it shows that you are more than just a google form making idol group founder if you're taking the time to lead a workshop and people will also be able to tell if you can dance too. It does sound like a hassle but you'll weed out people who will claim they're able to attend stuff but then don't. People can send in additional singing/dancing showcase material later.
>>
>>9576949
as someone who's been researching on making the live versions of the costumes, it really just depends on their skill with sewing and customizing items.

that or if they're willing to try and find someone to commission from, which will be pricey but depending on how well it will be made it'd be worth it.
>>
>>9576949
I wouldn't really call the sexier ones the "unofficial" version, since those are the ones used in the PV and the SIF cards. But they're definitely uglier imo, and not suited to a live performance.
>>
>>9576949

you make them obv
>>
while american netidols struggle with cringe, european netidols make a professional music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsonLxMgfi0
>>
>>9577090

You mean pay people on Taobao to make them and do some adjustment to fit.
>>
File: oh no you didnt.jpg (40KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
oh no you didnt.jpg
40KB, 500x475px
>>9576811

> Sees comments

> You make Fred Astaire look bad

What.
>>
>>9576955
Thanks! Honesty though, it wouldn't be on my mind if I didn't have the time myself. As far as talent/skill, I do have both (singing/dance classes along with own self teaching). If I didn't I wouldn't bother either. Thanks again! This crossed my mind but I wasn't actually sure if it'd be something worth doing (having a whole workshop) since people can be iffy sometimes.
>>
>>9577107

The bluebell/whitebell costumes are still ridiculous though.
>>
>>9577107
This literally doesn't count. First off, Pinky is apart of Depagumi Inc. which by default gives them access to higher quality. Second, I'm pretty sure Petra & Nora have some kind of cash to contribute since they aren't exactly a small random YouTube duo. Third, have you seen Minty Pop's music video? Even with professional set up they STILL couldn't do something better.
>>
>>9577132
they still started from the same point as everyone else in this thread. they are still a small random youtube duo as their videos before the idol thing had very little views.
>>
>>9577139
I'm aware but they obviously are well known enough compared to others to have gotten this opportunity. They didn't ask to be in the group they were literally approached from what I read.
>>
>>9577144
could happen to anyone if they were talented. you sound salty for some reason
>>
>>9577150
I'm not salty? I literally just said that's not really a fair comparison. Like literally saying "European idols making professional music videos" and then linking to the ONE DUO IN EUROPE in a unit with a Japanese idol is kinda dumb. Yeah American net idols are shit but I've yet to see a good European one with a professional video either. And I mean without actual idol backing.
>>
>>9577155
do you know any good professional jpop american idols with or without actual idol backing?
>>
Hello everyone!

With all the love live groups popping everywhere, my j-pop cover group as some difficulties to stand out and make some new followers, so I would like to ask you what would make you support a group? Is there any content you would like to see from the group/members, expect dance/singing videos? What about social media pages? Do you like to read blog, see photos or little games? Should we start working on our own songs? If you have any great ideas (or not), please just share what you love/hate in the other aspects of a group !

Thank you :)
>>
>>9577172
- memorable theme (= not space themed)
- own songs (recorded with good microphones)
- lots of pictures of progress and other fun things
- fan interaction

If any group needs ideas for a theme, I was a huge fan of that one "sea, land and air" idea they had in love live and i would use it if i had an idol group. it would definitely be memorable.
>>
>>9577171
The closest you get is 4TE but they basically built up themselves without any backing from any J-Pop idols. Even they are MIA now. Nora & Petra, from my knowledge, are literally the first to get actual idol backing and Beckii Cruel doesn't really count.
>>
>>9577122
No. NO. How dare they?
>>
>>9577155
Yeah, I kinda agree that it's not a fair comparison. They work as idols in two groups in Japan, not as hobbyist dancers in Europe anymore. The video wasn't made by them either, naturally.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnjk_glDg_U

save ruby
>>
>>9577198
is she able to see?
>>
File: ee714c12c9b2c5dba43221fcae3d1436.jpg (374KB, 750x1056px) Image search: [Google]
ee714c12c9b2c5dba43221fcae3d1436.jpg
374KB, 750x1056px
What bothers me the most about Love Live is that quite a lot of the time, the outfits don't match each other in design (not just colour). But then again, groups can't even match the skirt from the uniform.
>>
>>9577238
is this image an example of "not matching"? all the outfits have a small hat, same length skirt, thigh high socks and short sleeves. they do match.
>>
>>9577245
Okay good point, that was a bad pic; Snow Halation is one that has my example.
>>
>>9577238
Personally I see nothing wrong with having different variations of a costume. It'd be different if everyone has like skirts and a frilly top but then there's someone in casual clothes.
>>
>>9577123
I feel like there is really only so much you can get from both the recruiter and possible members side through online forms and it just seems more efficient to give people a reason to meet in person and see what skills they can bring.

I don't doubt that you have the skills but it's still worth displaying in person rather than just stating it and it will motivate people to join your group even more if there are other groups popping up nearby. Even though this sounds kind of counter-intuitive I think it's worth looking up cover groups nearby and seeing if they have anyone with potential too. Good luck! Sorry if I sounded really rude, there have been so many new groups and people wanting to start groups in basically the same areas and I just want to scream at them to get over their pride of wanting to be the leader and just collaborate in order to reach enough people to form a full group.
>>
>>9577261
You're not rude at all! Honestly there aren't any from my knowledge (I've lived in Charlotte, NC for 8 years and never found a thing). I have one friend in Virginia who also wants to start something and has a few friends but isn't sure if they'd like to either nor has she seen any groups herself so we decided to kind of make a hybrid one.

Personally though I don't think it's so much pride as it is wanting to have something of your own. I feel like it's one thing to make one and say "oh we wanna rival xyz" or "well I just don't want to work with them" than to just want to have something you've created. And a full group means different things to different people (for example we want the group to possibly be generational but for the first no more than 5).
>>
>>9577261
Oh just to say: we don't have plans on doing much Love Live so it's not like we need 9 people or something. We want to cover songs and eventually combine resources to create original music and such.
>>
>>9577271
5 totally sounds like a reasonable number to work with! I really do hope everything works out especially since you seem to be taking your time with this project instead of rushing through with it. (My favorite group of all time personally is C-ute and I adored their 5 member dance formations and line distributions the past two years ahh)

Also kudos to you for not directly rushing into the original songs and choreography and aiming to begin with group covers and building up! I'm not a huge original groups person but I can appreciate people who genuinely have wanted to make/join one for a super long time.

(I was being super judgmental because they are all LL groups and honestly just looking to fill up the 9 people quota rather than being super invested in each person from what I can tell. Which is such an ironic thing to say when I'm in one of the hundreds of LL groups.)
>>
>>9577282
I totally agree with your second paragraph! Too many original idol groups rush into things without getting a real feel for the music and dance style.
>>
>>9577107
this is professional though so i wouldn't compare
>>
File: damn.png (191KB, 909x529px) Image search: [Google]
damn.png
191KB, 909x529px
Saya Akahoshi/Hoshi/Hibike/Whatever the fuck deleted her instagram and now is joining yet another LL group.
>>
>>9577326
someone really needs to break it to her
>>
>>9577326
>One post
>over fifty followers already
HOW?!
>>
>>9577337
So I don't look stupid: they have 52 followers as of right now
>>
>>9577337
friends and spam accounts i'd bet
that and the ones who thirst to be in a LL group
>>
>>9576729
When you get auditions set up, I'd love to try out (even though I'm a little geographically out of range). Regardless, good luck to you! I think >>9576955 is a really good idea for auditions. It would also be a good tell for if members are willing to meet up. Hounding members to show up for practice is the worst in my experience.
>>
>>9577172
If you're on instagram and your group has some favorite groups you could make a quick story tagging those groups and a mini description of what you like about them. Most idols groups will follow back and if they don't it might just be a group decision not to follow back anyone at all. Befriend other idol groups in your area.

Someone mentioned this in a past thread, but it mainly benefits LL groups, is to dominate a specific tag, and that will help with gaining followers.

I would support a group that has nice quality pictures, selfies are fine as long as it's a cute smile and nice lighting. Videos in general will keep people's attention even if it's just bloopers or behind the scenes. If you have a set of group photos where everyone is in similar costumes, those could totally be used for member introductions. I personally don't turn on sound when I'm on insta so I would skip singing videos. Visuals like dancing are a better hook for grabbing attention even if your group specializes in singing. You could go down the beaten path of hosting dance competitions and requiring follows but that leaves a bad taste.

Regardless of if you're aiming to be "professional" or not, if you make your instagram into a business profile you'll be able to see statistics on stuff like people bookmarking your posts and when most followers are online for better outreach. If you have more traffic on instagram you could skip out on facebook pages because the idol community seems to be mainly instagram right now.

I like:
- groups that follow other groups they like (gives off a friendly impression)
- pictures of groups that meet up at events or perform at the same stage and take a commemoration photo together.
- eyecatching videos, anything visual

Things I don't like:
- groups that only follow official artists and own group members
- I will almost always unfollow groups that spam filler photos or stock spacer pics.
- Lazy comment replies of just "thank you" to everyone.
>>
Continuation of >>9577418 because I'm too wordy.

Long posts on commemorating first live performance, first video, first anniversary, any accomplishments are sweet. I would skip over blog posts on just daily life if it's generic.

Funny pictures are great for attention but there's also a fine line between cringy rather than funny. As basic as it sounds, if you have any blooper pics and combine it with a nonblooper pic of the same moment as an expectation vs reality post, people will be amused.

Don't let one person dominate the group account with their selfies/solo dance videos.

Promoting your past/current/future projects or performances is fine but don't overdo it to the point where almost every post is solely for promoting yourself as it does get annoying.
>>
>>9577418
personally I dont rly see the point of following other groups since I follow them on my main and dont check our group's feed since it would be just stuff I already seen dunno
>>
>>9577418
>>9577184

Thank you for your answer Anons! We are on instagram, but I used lot of filler at the beggining, I will probably restart it to be able to post more freely ! We have a theme and we have access to a professionnal studio to record for a great price. We also have a great camera, my best friend studies in movie production, so we could manage to do okay MV I guess. I just need to work on a song now ! The ideas are there, melodies too. It jusy to put everything into a software.

Do you guys would be interested in "pocket morning"? This is a thing Hello! Project does weekly where the girls answer short random questions so we get to know them better !
>>
>>9577337
>>9577338
http://buzzoid.com/buy-instagram-followers/
>>
>>9577755
I doubt Hibiki even has the money to buy plus it's still at 52. You can create anything with the words "Love Live" on it and people will flock.
>>
>>9577238

Their typical route of going about it is that there will be three sets of a certain aspect in the design. So for the fruits cafe take the hats as an example: three will have bowler hats, three will have the caps, and three with the little pork pie hats. They've also done it in this set with the jacket style whilst the skirts and bows remain the most cohesive part of the costume.

More often than not, like in the Idol set they will divide them into subunits. So Bibi have the tartan set which are very cohesive and belong together, but are set apart from Printemps unicorn vomit set.

There's an upside and a downside, since if they're too different one person will usually get the short straw. For example when it comes to the wedding set nobody wants Nozomi because she looks like a sausage stuffed into that dress. On the other hand it covers different tastes and shows off different charm points of a character.
I normally cosplay Maki and while Rin and Umi will typically be given the shorts in designs, they switched it up in the birthstone set and it came out of nowhere since everyone else has skirts, but its nice to see them try something different.
>>
>>9577325
they werent professional a few months ago so they're comparable to everyone else in this thread.
>>
>>9577820
A non-professional group doing a professional looking video is different than a non-professional group working with an actual professional with a company on a professional work. If Crystal Rose UK were do a professional looking video without an idol or spending $3k USD, then that'd be impressive.
>>
>>9577865
the original point was "while american netidols struggle with cringe, european netidols make a professional music video", also meaning that americans are bad at this whole idol thing.
>>
>>9577874
I'm aware as I can read but those European netidols are an exception not the rule. They were lucky enough to have gotten noticed and have a unit with an idol and perform professionally. Americans aren't any worse than a majority of European net idols. Just like 4TE isn't a representation of all American idols/net idols, Nora & Petra isn't a representation of all European idols/net idols.
>>
>>9577326
>GALACTICflair
Well, this really is original and never thought of.
>>
File: IMG_1376.jpg (159KB, 640x917px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1376.jpg
159KB, 640x917px
So apparently Citresse is doing a "virtual live..." I'm curious to see what it'll be like, but hopefully they don't perform their Sunny Day Song, unless they've drastically improved. Even with two people, it was really out of sync. I'm not sure I could handle it with three girls.
>>
>>9578246
> a virtual live
>won't be exactly like a live
so... a livestream.
>>
So...except MintyPop ( I don't follow it but seems to have some quality content) any more net groups with at least some personal content (except LL edits/poor drawings/poor selfies) with quality?

Or post really REALLY cringe net groups.
>>
>>9578272

Lets dive into an untapped field: Male Odottemita groups, not including danshi groups. I mean it is the most easy way tp get the female audience in cosplay to oogle at you because they love boy bands.

Or did Johnny's influence cursed the entire boy band scene in Japan. Even to the anime idols?
>>
>>9578338
Danshi groups?
>>
>>9578360

Girls dressed like guys.
>>
>>9578376
Ahh okay. Knowing the little Japanese I do, I would've never thought it could be used that way.
>>
>>9577904
Okay, let's see some Euro cringe!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc6Nw7dH5BA&t=7s

I'm ashamed i watched this entire thing
>>
Has Hitode Army ever been mentioned here before? I have always loved this song so as I was searching to see if the dance was physically/visually impressive enough to dance solo as exercise (it's not lol) I came across this. So while it's simple these girls made it look really good with the costumes and camera quality. I like the effects at the beginning too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSlNZZpKLw8
>>
>>9577107
Have you ever seen Flusay girls?
>>
>>9578246
Subunits? With three people? So they are going to be doing solo stuff? Why call it a subunit?
>>
>>9578589
They posted a while ago on their story that they'll be doing pairs. No clue how that's going to work, but ok.
>>
>>9578553
They look like their having alot of fun, and make the overall video more pleasing.
>>
Are there any known male cover groups out there? My roommates and I started learning some dances as a fun group workout thing and it turns out we're rather decent, and with the Idolm@ster SideM anime coming out I figure some actual covers with effort could be fun, and we could ride that wave. Would just like to see some videos of other guys for reference and inspiration.
>>
>>9578579
>>9578425
Lest we forget Crystal Rose UK and Furi Furi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1irat-im1ho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw3z23QuZfA

>>9578589
Duo subunits, which seems pretty pointless for a trio group. And why announce subunits when you haven't even done anything as a whole group yet?
>>
>>9578459
that white wig attention seeking kid tho
>>
>>9578579
aint flussay girl american?
>>
>>9573660
"there's no such thing as 'real' net idols!" lol just because you're not one doesn't mean they don't exist

>>9574658
Every time I get worried about looking like a dweeb when I post a dance video, I see things like this and it makes me feel so much better
>>
File: 1456492177652.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456492177652.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>an acquaintance starts a im@s dance cover group and invites lots of people
>finally think I'll get to have im@s loving friends
>even friends who will dance with me!
>everything falls apart within 3 weeks because the """manager""" is completely uninvolved
>the only other member actually practicing dances with me has to drop due to health reasons
>no one else is motivated to continue
>all alone once again

Guess I'll just go rewatch WUG for the 1000th time then
>>
>>9578425
what about prism? Their dancing is bit boring desu I don't know why western groups all lack energy but their videos are really high quality and at least they wear nice outfits..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MBGJkPT62w
>>
>>9578553
I loved hitode army, i saw them perform live 2 times and they were great both times. But they have disbanded because two of the members, Noora and Petra, went to japan and started an idol groupd with Pinky from denpagumi.inc. The group is called Pinky! Noora to Petra and they released their first MV earlier this week!
https://youtu.be/BsonLxMgfi0
>>
>>9578802
Speaking of finnish dance groups, i also really like Puremode! I like that they have male dancers as well, its rare to see guys in odottemita groups.
https://youtu.be/LwbtFr_RDeA
>>
>>9578795
Honoka looks like her shoes are way too heavy for her
>>
File: IMG_1377.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1377.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
Anyone else really hate how mint only looks good with 2/5 Minty Pop Girls' image colors? I think the worst looking combo is with the mint and purple, it doesn't go at all.
>>
>>9578672
who's the girl at 7:30 in the furi furi video? she's good
>>
>>9578974
>>9578672
I don't know who that is, but the chick and the dude in the crowd attempting to dance along were super distracting.
>>
>>9578613
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU4yBX_PUEo

Boyish7 performs at lots of local cons here. They've grown a lot since this cover, I think they have like 10 or more members now. (Most of them are girls just cosplaying as dudes tho)
>>
>>9577904
Tia, Kelsey Parnigorni, and Ally & Sally are all canadians that were or are currently in actual idol groups. It's not just European girls that can actually get somewhere in Japan.
>>
>>9579043
It's been forever since I heard about Ally and Sally so I checked out their twitter and it looks like they're in an idol group in Japan. Good for them.
>>
>>9579035
i'm.... pretty sure those are all girls cosplaying guys
>>
>>9579103
the dark yellow blonde looks like a guy.
>>
>>9578974
Yumi from Sardonyx, but the group has been inactive for like 10 months.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oor1pWu0Y4U

>>9578683
The members are from different locations. Nanami's Australian, Juju and Holly are from the UK, etc.
>>
>>9579135

All Danshis. The only known male Odottemita is Vectorish 7 and they are a tie in to the local Foreign Exchange ESL program. Actual male Odottemita is a blue moon thing since they are too busy being kpop boy bands.

If I have to be honest. The first guys to genuinely start a net idol boy band would get a lot of female fans.
>>
>>9579236
Doki Doki Boyz is a Babymetal cover group from Mexico. They disbanded but they were pretty cool imo

https://youtu.be/qxdbo_TKwEg
>>
>>9579236
Um, danshi means boy. I think the word you're thinking of is dansou, which is girls dressed as boys.
>>
>>9579282
That makes more sense than Danshi considering Danshi means "boy", not "girl dressed as a boy".
>>
>>9579283
>>9579282

Thanks for the correct term. I learned something like this from AKB48 where they would do a couple of danso acts.
>>
>>9576300
Speaking of natsuiro...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJ0zEL0lAA
>>
>>9579717
>the Eli stopping to fix part of her costume or her timing
I can't go on. Not even two minutes in, and I just can't.
>>
>>9579717
>>9579731

I would've done what Eli did just off to the side somewhere. It looked like her ribbon thing or whatever came loose and was hanging off. Had someone stepped on it, she'd be fucked so she took it off it seems.

But god I can't believe I watched as much as I did. This is such a reck and Nozomi is a perfect example of needing to pick something that fits you. Sure a few were hanging out but she was seriously the worst. And her skirt was too short at that.
>>
File: 1485616268039.jpg (29KB, 479x461px) Image search: [Google]
1485616268039.jpg
29KB, 479x461px
>>9578459
that fatass neckbeard in front creeps me out
>>
>>9579717
too many fatties with jiggling boobs i can't even
>>
>>9579717
this should be a psa for why girls with large boobs need to have some kind of support when dancing. I was terrified that nozo's top was gonna just drop at any moment.
Hell, they make strapless binders, and while they can hurt like a bitch when trying to dance, it's a start. You can't just wear a too small top and hope for the best (which it looks like she did?) or just hot glue a strapless bra to the inside of the top.
>>
>>9579717
>the crowd was more hyped than they were
Maki and Umi were really cute tho.

I don't get why Nozomi didn't do clear bra staps like some of the other girls did....
>>
File: 76858.png (132KB, 255x250px) Image search: [Google]
76858.png
132KB, 255x250px
>>9579717

>6 out of 9 members fatties
every member of µ's turns in their grave
>>
>>9579717
what a mess
>>
>>9579084
Wow, it seems like they're going to be at Tokyo Idol Festival this year. Can't say I'm not happy for them!
>>
>>9579084
In terms of who would actually become an idol, they were the last people I thought would succeed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG536JixASI&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>9580432
This could not be any worse.
>>
>>9580453
The camera work is really bad an the lipsyching is inconsistent, but it looks pretty good to me. Could you elaborate on your reasons for saying that? Legit curious.
>>
>>9580432
Why would they put the Nico, their obviously worst dancer as the main dancer of Twice??? These costumes would be fine for Cheer Up but these just look sloppy with TT. And it's not like LL doesn't have costumes that would fit this song, Dancing Stars on Me or Circus or any Halloween set would have worked why bother with buying the least attractive set?
>>
>>9580470
My best guess would be because Momo's opening pose is the nico nico nii? I don't know. I'm tired of the love live/twice dance crossovers.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnRi0C6q8M
why
>>
>>9579717
why do that dance in those costumes though...not only are they inconvenient for a jumpy dance like that, they don't even match the theme of the song.

also that nozomi had me scared, she should have attached her top to a strapless bra and used clear straps at least.
>>
>>9580535
WHO ATE MAKI AND STOLE HER OUTFIT
>>
File: chrome_2017-07-30_22-01-24.png (1MB, 745x833px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-07-30_22-01-24.png
1MB, 745x833px
>>9580535
hahahhaha wtf. Why did they leave this in.
>>
>>9580513

Indeed. Give me a Dreamcatcher/Guilty Kiss any day of the week
>>
>>9580685
Holy shit how did you know what I was thinking. To be fair, Dreamcatcher's choreography heavily relies on being in sync and super sharp, and if people can't even do either for LL songs or easier K-pop songs it will be a mess.
>>
>>9578613
>Would just like to see some videos of other guys for reference and inspiration.
Here's some from a male dance cover group turned self-produced idol group, MeseMoa. (formerly known as Musumen).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsEfGAvr83k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxR0HnHTtmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrugD-lBKP4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7xmzuZ9UMc
>>
>>9578696
I've been stock piling up IM@S dances over the years, and again since Platinum Stars came out. I wish I had others to dance with in the covers on the East Coast ;-: There's so many wonderful songs to dance to
>>
>>9580617
i prefer this shot compared to the one where a random guy was in the tree too
>>
>>9578696
i was in that group and pretty excited for it too... feelsbadman
>>
>>9580535
wasnt expect this song in 2017 honestly.
>>
>>9580686
>Holy shit how did you know what I was thinking. To be fair, Dreamcatcher's choreography heavily relies on being in sync and super sharp, and if people can't even do either for LL songs or easier K-pop songs it will be a mess.

It just fits their style, the EDM/J-Idol Metal style that defines Dreamcatcher would mesh well with Guilty Kiss just as Vocaloid fits Azalea.

I don't blame a lot of these cover groups following Twice for the following reasons

They have a set of Japanese girls that they can relate to even though all three come from LDH, not the 48G or HP!. But LDH doesn't brand their talent as idols.

The school like theme to TWICE also connect with Love Live. Given how KPOP has been giving the new groups a school girl concept they would want the one that is most hip and most popular of them all.

KPOP's popularity is also a factor, some groups think J-Idol is too basic and they want to look good dancing to hip trendy kpop.
>>
>>9580778
nah it's probably just 9 girls in twice makes it easy to convert into a LL cover
>>
>>9580535

you know when there random ugly pv moment is because they fucked up the dance
>>
>>9580780
yup, same reason why SNSD/sailor moon covers were a thing
>>
In order to bring a little more discussion to this thread:

>what is your favorite dance you've learned?
>what's the most difficult one you've learned?
>what advice would you give people who are trying to learn the above two?

And finally:
>have you ever choreographed a song? If so, what advice do you have regarding choreographing?
>>
>>9580470

Another thing I would add is the Japanese version is more along the lines of this MV, the Halloween motif was because it was during october.

TWICE released a Japanese version of their songs and a couple of PVs and it had that "High School cheer squad" feel to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t35H2BVq490
>>
>>9578795
I'm fairly indifferent to Prism as a group but I really like them as individuals. Kittz's (honoka) solo odottemita are always really good, high-energy and well produced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxEjl5dDiS4
She also has some nice collab dances
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OzEw7D0G0g

>>9578425
Mostly not cringe, but here's some euro junk

Maids of England do some cute dance covers from time to time and occasionally feature the fabled male western odorite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMEAEoyYxHk

MK are generally pretty good and have some talented members, though they're mostly current and ex Maids of England members now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPxqoFZwVpk

This girl does K-pop covers at cons in the north of england sometimes, she's pretty good too and seems genuinely interested in K-pop rather than just efame like a lot of solo uk weebs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mejlp5qL5Y

Not aware of many UK idol groups or Love Live tribute groups personally, there seem to be more solo "idols" than units here
>>
File: IMG_7842.jpg (55KB, 750x483px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7842.jpg
55KB, 750x483px
How long do you reckon until someone in Minty Pop "graduates"

Any bets on who'll be first to go?
>>
>>9582329
I feel like either Miley (purple) or or Sandie (blue). Or maybe Renee will feel alienated as the token black girl and jump ship.
>>
>>9582329
isn't renee in multiple groups? I feel like she'd end up with too much on her plate
>>
>>9582394

Yeah she's with kelsey and that other girl. she was also in the previously mentioned MK dance but split pretty soon after joining.
>>
>>9582425
If both groups are releasing their own stuff, that's a conflict isn't it? I thought before that Minty Pop signed contracts (thought I saw it mentioned during auditions). Wonder if it mentioned anything about joining other groups.
>>
File: 20170801_101407.png (2MB, 1080x1727px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_101407.png
2MB, 1080x1727px
Things are starting to heat up on instagram
>>
File: 20170801_101904.png (338KB, 1080x1607px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_101904.png
338KB, 1080x1607px
>>9582507
>>
File: 20170801_102121.png (315KB, 1080x1596px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_102121.png
315KB, 1080x1596px
>>9582527
>>
>>9582527
>"The art is cute"

It's from an online chibi dress up game, so not original in the slightest. It's not even really adorable.
>>
>>9582535

"But honestly, if the people who made the group don't really understand alt idols then that isn't going to be a problem because they are going to make it like the real alt idols..."

WHAT? EXCUSE ME
Sure, it would be a great idea for a bunch of 12 year olds to do stuff just like BiS.
>>
>>9582535
>>9582553
Thats such a toxic way of thinking. Its like saying people who (illegally) impersonate doctors are ok because they aren't real doctors. Its harmful to both communities since they are being misrepresented.

I blame love live for the fall of the idol community.
>>
File: 39.png (21KB, 507x283px) Image search: [Google]
39.png
21KB, 507x283px
Speaking about the fall of the idol community, just came upon this on my newsfeed...

Konaru said in the comments
>"Exactly. Most of these groups have been becoming inactive, giving excuses, or flat out not wanting to perform or give singing/dancing content but still wanting to be called an idol. I blame LL and I always will."
>>
>>9582558
I agree with both but the sad thing is that LL only has so much blame. Like I feel if the LL girls were real they'd be repulsed, not excited that people want to be like them in such a half assed (not even half) way.
>>
File: 20170801_112501.png (289KB, 1080x1255px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_112501.png
289KB, 1080x1255px
>>9582535
The "anti idols" responded lol what a fucking mess
>>
>>9582568
What the fuck?
>>
>>9582568

>I'm pretty new to the community

Then why did you think it was a good idea to start a group when you barely have any knowledge or experience?

>Also, if this is the same person that put that nasty message in our google forms calling us "shit," the person who created this is a diagnosed mentally ill teenager.

I'm also mentally ill and that's not an excuse at all. If you can't handle the repercussions of being in the public eye, don't be an idol in the first place.
>>
>>9582568
They just admitted to being underage so this is making me very uncomfortable that they want to consider themselves alternative idols. There really is no such thing as or cant be kid/teenager friendly alt-idols because the whole point is to stray away from that.
>>
Why do we care so much about Instagram role-playing drama again? This barely has anything to do with idols or music.
>>
>>9582579
>barely has anything to do with idols or music
>groups passing themselves off as net idols and music cover groups

That's why.
>>
>>9582579
Some of these groups think there being actual idols by doing this. There basically what an ita is to lolita if that makes sense.
>>
File: IMG_7447.jpg (256KB, 750x827px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7447.jpg
256KB, 750x827px
>>9573641
I checked out their Instagram cus I don't really know much about them except that they're deluded into thinking people would pay money for t-shirts with their faces + a licensed logo on them.
I really wish most idol groups would learn how to take a proper group shot because this picture is unflattering for a lot of them. The first years look like floating heads except for Maki. Rin has a smile that I want to protect.
The first thing that caught my eye when I opened this pic was the way Kotori was hunched over. They could've put her in Umi's place so her obviously mismatching cosplay wasn't showing and so she could crouch without it being obnoxious. The photographer also should've fixed her wig before taking the picture because it looks sloppy going all over the place like that. On the topic of wigs, someone needs to fix Umi's middle bang and get Hanayo a new wig.
Third years look okay except for Nozomi's ratty wig and Eli's unnecessarily heavy makeup but Nico looks like she's being held against her will. Why does she look sad/scared in all of their pictures?

In general I noticed a lot of Love Live groups especially in New England don't really bother to get actual pictures taken and their pages just end up being a bunch of inconsistent selfies. I suppose that could be chalked up to the fact that most of the groups in that area are run by 13-15 year olds.

Sage (hopefully) for excessive nitpicking.
>>
File: 39.png (23KB, 295x437px) Image search: [Google]
39.png
23KB, 295x437px
>>9582568
>>
I'm cracking up r/n at all the "Confessions" that talk about groups not being noticed. Well, if said groups DID anything, maybe they would be paid more attention.
>>
>>9582591
I genuinely dislike how annoying each of these rp fake idol groups are but I love the drama between people with a concept of any idols or cover groups that aren't 2D and the hoard of "anyone can be an idol!" 13 year olds.
>>
>>9582507
"alt idols" sounds like some nazi shit lmao
>>
Not sure if anyone said this before but Fallen Rose by Jenny Hayes sounds eerily similar to Summer Wind by C-ute.

https://youtu.be/38QKKUJK85A
>>
>>9582796
It does. A lot.
>>
Wasnt that discussed in a previous thread?
>>
>>9582945
This? >>9582796 ? I'm fairly sure it hasn't been brought up before in these threads. Maybe you're thinking of the Flusay Girls' song "No More Salvation" that was a ripoff of "Runaway" by Tommy February.

>>9582568
>i know very little about idols but i know i want to be one
lmao at thinking they're original for making an edgy idol group that "doesn't conform to society's traditional view of idols." There is so much more to idols than Love Live, but these idol wannabes can't be bothered to branch out and learn that not every idol group has to be cutesy frilly pop.
>>
>>9582980
There was that but I think Jenny's song was mentioned too.
>>
>>9573652
the problem is they use every tag and push passionate people to the back. if everyone used the right tags and labels there would be no problem.
>>
>>9582579
Why does anyone care about these stupid high school "idols" in the first place, it's honestly sad
>>9582980
It's like they haven't heard of BiS or BiSH.
>tfw love BiSH
>grorious 20-24 yr old rock aidorus
>>
>>9583020
They really haven't. These kids making these groups in the first place seem like they are in middle school and have serious chuunibyou. They don't care about real idols lmao
>>
>>9582567

If they want an example. Show them the video where Aquor faces the cold reality of a post ų's LL! Comp. And have Honoka call them out
>>
>>9583245
What video is that
>>
>>9582567
i mean, the LL girls are real but not as their characters
>>
>>9582611
does anyone have examples of LL group pics that they think look really nice? That would be really helpful :3
>>
>>9583726
>:3
You must be 18+ to use this website.

Also you can easily search love live group poses to find inspo. Theres also a idol cosplay general. Were not here to spoonfeed basic info you can research on your own.
>>
>>9583642
It's in one of the episodes of LL Sunshine. (Spoilers ahead for those who haven't watched the show)

Aqours competes in a school idol competition in Tokyo where the winner is determined by popular vote. They are reasonably positive about it because "we're trying our best!" until they get there and see the quality of some of the other groups. The rival group is introduced and basically tell them "there are too many people in this scene now, and the standards are set so high, if you're not taking it seriously you won't succeed" and then Aqours puts on a lukewarm performance where they don't get even a single vote. It puts things into perspective for the rest of the season about how just doing your best is no substitute for working your ass off.
>>
>>9583726
>:3
Which one of them are you?
>>
>>9583784
>Aqours competes in a school idol competition in Tokyo where the winner is determined by popular vote. They are reasonably positive about it because "we're trying our best!" until they get there and see the quality of some of the other groups. The rival group is introduced and basically tell them "there are too many people in this scene now, and the standards are set so high, if you're not taking it seriously you won't succeed" and then Aqours puts on a lukewarm performance where they don't get even a single vote. It puts things into perspective for the rest of the season about how just doing your best is no substitute for working your ass off.

Adding to the stinging fact is the rival group from the same school as first season's rivals and they were at the top of their game, they did well but only got to 9th place.

Really makes you think who is even better than they are?
>>
This is honestly one of the best Aqours cover group I've ever seen. What must a person sacrifice to be half as good as them?

https://youtu.be/0ezEbTiUZts
>>
>>9583849
I want that hanamaru to sit on my face
>>
>>9583849
agreed I love them
>>
>>9583849
Every single girl seems to fit her character perfectly, it's awesome
>>
>>9580714
Let's be practice buddies then!!
>>
File: 1477558300462.jpg (8KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
1477558300462.jpg
8KB, 226x223px
>>9582796
jfc this is a nightmare
>>
Is spreadsheet-seagull still on this board? I know they were looking for help maintaining the spreadsheet a while back and I'm not sure if they got my email offering to help. It needs some updates too.
>>
>>9583849
I'm so sad that I'll never be a part of a group like this.
>>
>>9583849

Be an performer first, odottemitta second and idol third.

As for the performance, having a good camera angle helps as well.

The fact all of the good LL! Odottemita groups so far being Asian doesn't help.
>>
I just realized that a ton of groups that whine about getting hate openly encourage people to leave comments on anonymous comment sites. Stupidity at its finest.
>>
>>9581769

>what is your favorite dance you've learned?
Definitely either "Sweet Devil" or "Ruthless Warriors / 一騎当千"
>what's the most difficult one you've learned?
Ruthless Warriors for sure
>what advice would you give people who are trying to learn the above two?
Have patience. Don't rush through it because then you'll try doing it with the video and then you'll get frustrated that you're not as perfect as what you see on screen. Also, practice a LOT. Watch the video enough times to get a feel for the tone the song sets (sexy, sad, happy).
>>
>>9583743
thank you you're so kind
>>
>>9582507
why does everything have to have a formula with you people. alternative means alternative. now you want a guide to being different. get real.
>>
>>9584803
hi anti.idols
>>
File: bish-1_orig.jpg (91KB, 1100x437px) Image search: [Google]
bish-1_orig.jpg
91KB, 1100x437px
>>9582720
loool you don't know how right you are
>>
>>9584803
idol means idol, that means singing and dancing instead of putting up your D&D character profiles you made in an afternoon and calling it a debut
>>
>>9584803
Isn't it passed your bedtime anti.idols? Oh wait there alternative idols so they dont go to sleep when there mom tells them to
>>
>>9584803
Perhaps you should get real. Literally. Get over your idol OCs and maybe spend time improving your dancing and singing instead of playing with dress up simulators.
>>
>>9583849
all their stuff on their channel is so good! Shame they have to change the music pitch to avoid copyright but otherwise the dancing is all really good.
>>
>>9582611
Nick looks like she's trying to seem kawaii uguu and it's backfiring
>>
More debuts like this please

https://youtu.be/tJPNiHPCXhs
>>
>>9585049
This is really good especially compared to what we usually see for cover group debuts- the You especially looked great.

However I feel like the camera cut an excessive amount to the point where it was dizzying, and Mari always looked scared? She seemed a little shakier with the steps compared to the others
>>
>>9585049
the mari is the only one lacking, but costumes/looks/location is perfect! Probably the best i've seen.
>>
>>9582568
so is the second paragraph written by the mental ill creators mom? are they trying to say the creator has a mental illness so people will give praise. I understand not wanting concrit and only wanted people that support your group to comment but you cant expect to post to the main group and everyone wants you. if you only want praise then find fans another way.
>>
>>9585115
>>9585119
Idk the Mari seems to be focusing on remembering and doing the dance at the same time. Ive seen that type of face of people i know who leanred a dance in a limited amount of time. Hopefully Mari improves!
>>
>>9584924
Their Sunshine Pikkapika Ondo is funnier than the official one, it's fantastic
>>
>>9582568
in a way I'm glad that so many people are claiming mental illness cause its helps the people that are really mental ill. like these idiots are reading about mental illness so maybe they will help spread the word. what I don't like is them stealing help and making up their own definitions.
I doubt this person has a mental illness.
>>9582623
anti idols isn't specific to xxx.
>>9584870
nope. its just everything has to have a script. what ticked me off is a few days ago someone tried to give goth/punk a formula. its not punk if it has a checklist. you would get beat up in some places for saying
(punk is...) get real.
>>9584916
>>9584918
>>9584919
I'm not the anti.idol people.
no idol doesn't mean singing and dancing. there are actor idols. idol is a movement. that's why the west has terrible groups. you are making idols into something its not. just call yourselves a girl cover group.
>>
>>9585321
Holy shit your a loss cause just go back to your sheltered instagram roleplays
>>
>>9585049

The asian Odottemita groups know what they are doing. Even the weakest ones are miles beyond what we have seen so far
>>
>>9585355
Couple reasons for that:

1. We're probably only seeing the best of the best. Lots of countries don't use Youtube as heavily as we do, so there might be tons of cringe on bilibili and niconico that doesn't get rehosted on Youtube and makes its way over here.

2. Easier to find girls with similar interests since the people interested in both odottemita and cosplay are still pretty spread out. Many groups have members in different states and can't get together too often to practice because of the distance.

3. At least in Japan, there's a culture in school of picking something you like and devoting several hours a day to it. Usually in the form of school clubs, whereas even clubs in American schools only meet once or twice a week, if that. The culture is probably more geared towards constant and serious practice of something you like.

tl;dr it's not being Asian that makes them like, genetically better at odottemita, but the cultural differences definitely factor into it.
>>
>>9585321
Oh my word, please learn more about idol culture. Even the Wikipedia page would be a good place to start. Aikatsu isn't accurate in how it portrays idols. No anime really is.
>>
>>9585362
There's also the saving face aspect of Asian cultures where people are less likely to make public spectacles if they think they will look bad. Then again that implies a certain self awareness that I'm not sure you can really assume from Eastern or Western people to have.
>>
>>9585321
As someone with mental illness, I don't think anyone is "glad" that anyone is claiming mental illness.

Anti-idols is specific which is why they're called anti/alt idols.

Whether you like it or not, LITERALLY EVERYTHING HAS A CHECKLIST. That's how things and groups are defined. By what makes them what they are.

And you're honestly an idot for that last point. In east, idol has a COMPLETELY different meaning than it does in the west. The only "actor idols" that exist are JAV idols. In this case, idol is literally someone that sings and dances. A net idol is one of two things: a group/person who gains fame over the web or a group/person that wants to gain fame over the web. News flash: anti.idols isn't either. They're a roleplay group.

Again, there's literally a checklist for everything. That's why there's always a debate on what does and doesn't make something one thing (ie what is and isn't punk).
>>
Found this, and am pretty happy it exists.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9bY5ow9Bl4U
>>
>>9585466
It still lacks energy and looks under-practised desu, not as sharp as it could be. The setting is nice though.
>>
>>9585471
Oh, definitely. Much better than Lor's cover, though.
>>
>>9585466
Kinda agree with >>9585471. It could definitely be practiced more and have much more energy. The sync also needs a bit of work.
>>
>>9585466
Aside from the spliced takes, the newer video is even better! And it has the bonus of not being LL or vocaloid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj3RFwU6VLM
>last upload May 2016
:(
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f0U-4tCAXQ
>>
>>9585560
Ironically enough, their Facebook is still active as is the group.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kF4qyUOM7k
>>
>>9585753
Why not just wear dance shorts underneath the skirt rather than edit in weird censors? Other than that, it's pretty cute and I was decently impressed with their sync.
>>
>>9585776
Addendum: except for blue girl lol
>>
>>9585776
>Why not just wear dance shorts underneath
I always wonder this every time I'm watching a cover and theres an awkward censor edited in, if anything it just distracts from what they're doing?

Then again I wear bike shorts under my skirts no matter what, so it's always weird to me whenever somebody else doesn't. It just seems like such a normal, logical thing to do?
>>
>>9586009
Dude same. My bike shorts are the most comfortable thing I wear and why would I want to risk the panty shots or bare ass on public surfaces when sitting? It's unfathomable to me to not wear something protective under a skirt, especially if recording a dance.
>>
>>9586009
Years of dancing on stage have drilled into me to wear flesh-coloured panties - the literal worst for on camera - but I constantly forget to wear shorts when I film and I always feel like such a dipshit. But I also cant be assed going to refilm with shorts on so its usually just easier to edit in censors
>>
>>9585753
Was the blue girl put there at last minute? She sticks out so much.
>>
>>9586071
Yeah I used to dance on stage (aus calisthenics so Technically not "dance" but still) and we'd wear flesh panties underneath our dance tights so nothing would show through the bottoms of our leotards, my confusion stance mostly comes from odottemitas usually being done in normal clothes or cosplay (which I've always worn shorts under) opposed to professional dance costumes, so it's a bit bizarre to me that other people apparently don't
>>
File: IMG_1403.jpg (125KB, 640x830px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1403.jpg
125KB, 640x830px
So, I sent in this confession because it's true. Some sanity and some butthurt ensued.
>>
File: IMG_1404.jpg (144KB, 640x909px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1404.jpg
144KB, 640x909px
>>9586402
I like this person.
>>
File: IMG_1405.jpg (174KB, 630x910px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1405.jpg
174KB, 630x910px
>>9586404
Annnnnd here's the butthurt. They totally missed the point of, you know, ignoring the hate.
>>
>>9586406
People should learn the difference between offensiveness and people saying "you suck". Thick skin is important.
>>
Some of these girls have to release this is the bloody internet! You're putting out content that people will have an opinion on. Ignore the hate because if you reply to it it makes you look really insecure and that you can't handle the pressure. If you can't handle hate then don't be online.
>>
https://youtu.be/7eTYPo9ZN54

ice qream just uploaded a new dance cover..
>>
>>9586672
It's been 3 months since the MV was uploaded. Why did they just release this?
>>
>>9586684
I know they were in Japan for quite a long time, then I think Vicky was in Italy. According to how much replies she gives in the comment section, I think she is probably the one who upload the videos. But a smart move would have been to schedule a publish time for their videos before going overseas, so there wouldn't have been such a big gap between them.
>>
New thread >>9586791
>>
>>9585437
1. its called bringing awareness.
2.anti is not specific.
3.for people who are creative they create the checklist. then people like you follow it cause you are unoriginal.
4.you don't know what you are talking about. look up the word idol in on a Korean/Japanese English site.

you don't know the history of anything. you just watch a few sources and think you know everything. you have no idea what anything means.
>>9585367
wiki is edited by the public. idol isn't cosplay.
>>9585353
samefag. literal fag.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.