[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita in Public

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 25

File: 1368224874051.jpg (747KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1368224874051.jpg
747KB, 1024x1024px
please include:

>stories, good or bad
>pics of lolitas in public
>pics of plebs taking pics/ making fun of lolitas
>things people typically say to you
>your reactions to things people have done to you

i mainly just want to hear some stories though, but everything else is totally welcome!
>>
Good

>on train with a group of other lolitas on the way to a big OTT meet
>most girls are in OTT sweet, princessy attire with big wigs and lots of pastels
>little girl in her pram is quietly losing her mind, can't be more than three
>one of the girls starts chatting with her, the little girl turns crazy shy
>girl's mother noticed her daughter's excitement and asks for a photo with the princesses
>little girl resumes quietly losing her three year old mind
>hurried snapshot in front of carriage exit before we have to pile out, but the little girl in the pram looked like she'd seen heaven that day
>>
>>9572480
Seen this photo before but never noticed that dude on the right is actually kinda hot.
>>
>>9572524
Wow you have really low standards
>>
>waiting for meet to start
>little girl comes up to us
>i like your dresses in a tiny voice
>runs back to her family

Same day

>in meet, eating dinner at restaurant
>clearly see mom-looking lady from next table pointing phone at us
>i'm a beta so i just look away and i don't alert anybody
>mom doesn't seem to be making fun of us so i don't know if i should have said something or not and make a big deal
>>
>>9572524
I agree
>>
Aren't nearly all lolita stories in public? Or are there a lot of lolitas whob never leave the house?
>>
>>9572606
>Or are there a lot of lolitas whob never leave the house?

Welcome to /cgl/
>>
>>9572606
OP here. most stories discussed here are typically related to drama within lolitas. i'm asking for stories related to people outside of lolita reacting to lolitas in public.
>>
>>9572541
What can I say anon, it's been a while.
>>
>>9572606
I assume most stories happen at cons or within the context of the comm, rather than interactions with the public. Unless OP just meant something different from what I assumed.
>>
>>9572524
He looks like Meep from the Muppets..
>>
I used to live in Arcata, CA, and whenever I wore lolita out I'd get some....ODD feedback. Here are three stories. (Keep in mind, I was alone in public for all of these.)

>taking a walk to town, like one does on a Saturday. Go to fav antique store.
>guy stops me on sidewalk outside
>"I just wanted to say that the purity of your appearance really brightened my day!"
>"uhhhhhhhhhh thanks!"
>guy leaves
>...wtf

Later:
>sitting on the town green, eating a small snack I brought
>homeless man/ filthy hippy loud-whispers at me
>"What"
> "I said DO YOU WANNA SMOKE A JOINT"
>....no

And at the end of the day, on my way home.
>Just a block from home. Cop car following slowly behind me.
>mfw i suddenly remember every wrong thing I've ever done
>cop pulls up beside me and rolls his window down
>oH GOD WHAT IS IT
>"Hey! You look great!"
>(sweating) "thank you!!"

...and that's why i didn't wear lolita much in college.
>>
>>9572766
You stopped wearing it out because two people complimented you and a homeless man acted like a homeless man?
>>
I've had nothing but positive experiences! I don't really wear OTT sweet though and generally go for like toned down IW sweet or classic.

>first time wearing lolita out in public, nervous as hell
>go to a museum with friends for birthday
>no one else is in lolita but they all dressed up in nice normie clothes to humor me
>as soon as we get to the front of the museum an old lady runs up to me to catch up with my group
>"I had to stop you to tell you that your dress is gorgeous!"
>awkwardly thank her because I wasn't expecting anyone to compliment me
That first experience really boosted my confidence though! It was a shitty Bodyline dress that I made modifications to so I was feeling self conscious.

>feeling a little bit bolder after museum incident, decide to try wearing a coord to watch a movie with bf
>get complimented by 2 normies on the way to the movies
>after the movies, head to a bookstore and get stopped by a dude who loved my dress
>asks me if it was a special occasion if I dress up regularly, tells my bf to step up his outfit game
>get complimented again by a couple while leaving the bookstore
>"that shawl is absolutely adorable!"
Probably the most compliments about my clothes I've ever heard in a single day.

>put together a themed coord to go watch a musical
>usher stops me before I take my seat to tell me that she loves my coord
This was the only time I ran into someone who knew what lolita was in public.
>>
>>9572770
Mostly said that for dramatic effect.
The main reason was because i never left my room and because I was/am socially retarded
>>
slightly embarrassing story
>friend came to stay for a couple of weeks
>started wearing lolita regularly lately so I warned her that we might get harassed by random members of the public while we were out together
>she is surprised that assholes would do that but says it's nbd since I'd warned her
>cue me having the easiest two weeks I've ever had in lolita and basically nobody reacting to my clothes at all
>on the one hand, great, maybe I've finally found the level of toned-down that normies can accept
>on the other hand, now I'm worried she thinks I'm some melodramatic snowflake who overexaggerates a few laughs and stares and the odd awkward "I like your costume!" into being regularly harassed
It was kind of nice that nobody bothered me but confused the hell out of me since I usually get at least one catcall every one to two outings. Does having another person with you really improve public behaviour that much?

My previous experiences are nothing too exciting, the usual mix of compliments from older women and inappropriate comparisons to Little Bo Peep (while wearing all black?), Alice in Wonderland (while wearing navy), Cinderella (while in green), and French maids (blackxwhite oldschool, at least that time the colour scheme made sense). A lot of stares and second glances, some outright pointing and laughing, some "It's not Halloween!"s, some shyly staring kids. I've been wearing lolita three years and been lucky enough to never have any really crazy experiences.
>>
File: tennis.gif (604KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
tennis.gif
604KB, 500x278px
>wearing OTT sweet at Starbucks
>random old lady asks "Who farted?"
>everyone stares at me in unison
>mfw it wasn't me
>>
>>9572811
>Does having another person with you really improve public behaviour that much?
Yes, it really does. Especially if that person is dressed in normal clothing, or a tall guy (even if dressed "weirdly")
>>
>>9572811
So what pieces were you wearing? It's usually sweet that gets ridiculed to death.
>>
>>9572851
What got to me is that it even reduced the amount of stares and second glances, I get why it'd reduce the amount of people willing to risk direct confrontation but I didn't think it'd stop people looking. Shit was magic.

Usually when I hang out in lolita I'm either with 1-2 other girls in lolita or jfash, with an entire comm, with male friends or with my (obviously much older) parents or grandparents. None of them had the harassment-blocking effects hanging around with a normal-looking 20-something girl did (kind of surprised me because I remember from my teen years wearing normie clothes in a rougher area that having more girls made the catcalls worse than going alone, as it seemed to make guys more likely to notice you and try to get your attention). Istg when I'm out with some guy friends I actually get more laughter, stares and shouts out of passing cars than I do alone, even if people don't say stuff directly. None of the guys are ugly so I don't know if it's some sort of male territorial aggression jealousy thing or because people think we're a couple and I'm an ageplayer or fancy prostitute or ~kinky~ goth chick or something.

>>9572877
Mostly oldschool and a bit of gothic (some black/bxw, some pastels), but I mostly wear oldschool anyway and have been harassed plenty of times wearing it while I was alone (as well as harassed in super toned-down classic and gothic). I even wore some of the same coords with this girl that I've worn before and people reacted completely differently, although I didn't get a chance to wear them in the same city under the same kinds of conditions. I always expect a lot of hassle in pastel oldschool sweet, worse even than some sweet prints, but somehow didn't get anything this time except a couple of people giggling at my silly platforms and some taxi driver commenting on my peter pan collar coat.
>>
File: OPxgmF8.png (143KB, 280x498px) Image search: [Google]
OPxgmF8.png
143KB, 280x498px
itt: made up stories about how "3 year old girls with their moms mistook me for a disney princess/i blew her mind"

half this thread will belong on /r/thathappened
>>
>>9572851
Having my boyfriend with me helps so much! I wear mostly toned-down IW but still get lots of shit because we live in a trashy neighbourhood, but when my 6'4" boyfriend is next to me the nasty comments stop and I only get compliments. He's not even particularly intimidating, just tall. When I'm with a female friend in normal clothes there is no difference and I get just as much shit as if I'm alone.
This is true out of lolita too, though.
>>
>>9572811
What kind of catcalls? The effortless whistles/compliment ones?
Have people actually came up to you to try to get to know you and introduce themselves?
>>
>>9572896
nah, it really does happen all the time. it's only stupid that people treat it like a special occurrence because it happens so often.

yes, if you are in a big floofy intricate dress, it is likely that some toddler at some point in time will call you pretty and that people will compliment you. maybe i'm jaded because i'm so used to people being sickeningly nice to me in public, but events like these are boring and not worth reporting. nothing we haven't read a million times before.
>>
>>9572480

> Wear OTT gothic on halloween with red contact lenses
> Make kids cry and run away

same day

> Walk past a few stores and staff come out to say it's a cool halloween costume
> Nothing against "costume", because compared to my usual classic-ass beige/brown self this is feels and IS a costume
> Best day ever basically
>>
Ever met another lolita in public while wearing it too?
>>
>>9573128
Yes, but she sneered and turned away from me when I tried to compliment her. To be honest she was Milanoo-tier ita and I was just trying to be nice...
Other than that I've never actually encountered a real lolita outside of a meetup. Plenty of cosplayers doing "lolita" versions of characters at events and the occasional Spreepicky soft sister nymphet, but never a real lolita. Which is weird because my comm is pretty big.
>>
>>9573128
a few times. i actually first learned sweet lolita was even a thing by seeing one in the wild in like 2006. somehow i'd only ever seen gothic up until that point.
>>
>On train in London, minding my own business
>"So do you work with children?"
>Look up and there's a young American couple sat opposite me
>"Uh no?"
>He says "So is this just like your style? Do you have a tumblr or something? What's it called?"
>"Uh...Lolita"
"Oh... because I speak spanish and where I'm from lolita means, like, jail bait"
>Oh Christ here we go again
>"It's not related to the book!"
>Spend rest of train ride awkwardly ignoring them

And that, my friends, is why you call lolita something other than lolita (eg. EGL) when normies ask.

Also
>They're watching Rick and Morty on his phone without headphones
>Loudly
>On a train in London
>There's other people here, do you mind?
>>
>>9573286
Or, you know, don't lose your cool about it. He did say "where I'm from", it would have been easy enough to follow that up with "Oh, this is a Japanese fashion so it's something else entirely" etc. Being self conscious about the name only makes things more awkward.
>>
>>9572480
When I was still young, I stopped at a coffee shop with my rather prudish mother, big international chain type shop, it was winter and she just wanted to grab something quick and warm. I wasn't even wearing much, just casual, a winter coat, a pastel scarf, etc. couldn't even see my coord underneath, but it was my pink hair days too.

After ordering, standing in line at the counter, I can barely see this shorter guy kind of bobbing around behind the machines, he's sort of grumbling and it sounds as if he's repeating "fuckity fuck" over and over in a singsong voice. I peek at him between the machines and ask if he's okay, because he seems a bit stressed.

He mumbles something, not looking up, then he does look up and his eye go SUPER wide.
He just stares at me for a second, then looks around almost frantically, does this nervous lip-bite, and then says loudly: "Usually I masturbate in the freezer all alone and lonely. But now that I've seen you I won't be alone!!"

I don't know if my mother heard him, but she grabs our order and starts literally pushing me along away from the counter, and I'm more wondering if I just heard what I thought I heard.

Suddenly, just as we're almost to the door the guy shoves past his co-workers and bodyslams onto and across the counter and sails over it and tries to grab my hand and shouts: "I JUST GOT FIRED TODAY AND I'LL NEVER FIND YOU AGAIN!! MARRY ME!!! I LOVE YOU YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL I SWEAR I'M NOT A PEDO!!!"

I was half flattered, but my mother by that point had shoved me out the door and we were gone.
Every time I mention going back she has an excuse not to.
>>
>>9573128
i've only ever met itas in the wild and each one has given me the bitch stare without fail. every one of them was morbidly obese too. sorry i don't look like a milanoo flesh lump
>>
Recently was out in OTT sweet.
>guy stops me and asks what I'm wearing.
>explains it's lolita
>he insists i'm dresses as a loli (one of those little anime girls)
>me explaining it's very different
>b-but loli is short for lolita and you're in lolita!
>>
>Live in a place where exotic fashion looks are not uncommon
>Also a somewhat progressive place so street harassment is rare
>Weirdest lolita-in-public experience so far was a queen yelling LOOKIN GOOD GIIIIRLS~ at my comm from across the street but he was definitely just overjoyed to see us
>other than that just standard cute little kids and people wanting to know if there's an event we're promoting because we "look neat"
>never in my life had difficulty explaining the hobby or name
>can't relate to these threads though :'(
>>
>>9573133
This happened to me the first time I wore lolita too. It was a con and I was stuck in line with the itaest girl I've seen IRL, and she just... turned her face with a mix of smugness and sneer. What the fuck is up with these girls?
>>
>>9573286
Different anon, but you reminded me of being in a situation where some cool looking alt person recognized what I was wearing and even called it by the name, but proceeded to ask and insist it had to do with the book. Otherwise I just call it a Japanese street style.

Weird about him mentioning his nationality because I thought that most Spanish speaking people use Lolita as a nickname for Dolores.
>>
>>9572896
lol anon, this happens all the time. but only if the kids are really young
>>
File: lolirollin.jpg (95KB, 715x763px) Image search: [Google]
lolirollin.jpg
95KB, 715x763px
>>9573451
They're the kind that think girls that wear burando are stuck up brand whores so they think they are superior and brave for being cunts automatically.
>Not like the other lolitas
>>
>>9573451
They're too fat and lazy to work, so they watch anime and can't afford brand. If I see a wild ita I snicker loudly on purpose.
>>
File: searscw.jpg (24KB, 290x382px) Image search: [Google]
searscw.jpg
24KB, 290x382px
>>9572480
>Live out in the country
>Constantly mistaken for a square dancer
>"Is there a dance tonight?"
I can see why, but still. At least I could get my petti in town, and haven't been harassed ever.
>>
File: IMG_9005.jpg (514KB, 1000x1316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9005.jpg
514KB, 1000x1316px
>>9573451
I had an extremely similar experience anon!

>babby's first time in lolita in public
>at the most popular and biggest con in my area
>gothic coordinate with one of Bodyline's simpler but cute dresses, pretty decent and complete first coord
>i was with my bf
>i spot another lolita in the crowd
>she was awfully ita. she had a horrible milanoo pink jsk with no blouse, normie kneesocks and ballet flats, and tons of tiny barrettes and bows pinned to her short, thin hair
>she was also with her bf
>i smiled because "oh look another girl interested in lolita!"
>bitch gave me the biggest death stare ever
>uHH ok?? i got kinda salty after that

pic related, pretty sure she was wearing this classic gem
>>
>>9573635
considering you were in Bodyline, you weren't much better
>>
>>9573438
I never say lolita to random people who ask what I'm wearing, just 'Japanese street fashion' or even, 'I bought it on the internet from Japan'.
>>
>>9573425
Please tell me it was a Starbucks
>>
>>9573133
Wow she's rude. I sometimes wonder if milanoo Chans actually heard of lolita?
>>
>>9573440
Brb moving to where you are
>>
>>9572524
>>9572541

He's actually hot compared to guys with any interest in anime or lolita (pls dont hurt me)
>>
>>9573551
lmao
is the country like harvest moon and qt girls/boys? please say yes ;----;
>>
>>9573761
sounds more like a Tim Hortons story.
>>
>>9573440
Where do you live anon I want to move there!
>live in university town so you'd expect some open-mindedness, right?
>nah
>people always ask me whose wedding I'm attending even when I'm wearing a dress from a normie store
>when wearing (classic) lolita it's common for people my age to just walk up to me, take a photo of me and then walk away
>only people who are nice are middle aged and older ladies, who LOVE me (but keep wanting to take my clothes apart to see how they're made no thnx)
>when out with my comm, people yell insults and sometimes threats at us and we regularly get filmed by randoms with a smartphone
The only way for me to wear lolita outside without constantly being on my toes is if I have my bf with me, but I can't really drag him along every time I want to do something.
>>
>>9573128
When I was 13/14 and just starring out with my first shitty taobao skirt/petti/normie lace blouse downtown, a really nice girl complimented my coord. She told me she was part of the local comm and told me I should join it. she wasn't in lolita when I talked to her, though
>tfw it took me another 3 years to actually gain the confidence and skill to join
>>
>>9573849
No, redneck country. We get a bad rep but I've never had any issues until I visited the city and got yelled at.
>>
File: 1431687824699.jpg (42KB, 380x358px) Image search: [Google]
1431687824699.jpg
42KB, 380x358px
>>9572480
I got a good one
>mother is from Latin America
>still a real rice and beaner despite living here for over 25 years
>go to Japantown with her one day to get dinner
>get into elevator to get out of adjoined parking garage
>two girls in full on lolita get in with us
>mother starts gushing
>oh wow I love your outfits
>blahblah the usual stuff
>suddenly
>"so are you dressed up for the parade?"
>"is there a parade going on today?"
>nigger what?
>both girls give her this look of "ho-boy here we go"
>say no they're not here for any parade
>elevator stops they get off
>"okay, have fun!"
>explain to her after they're outta earshot that there is no damn anime parade or festival of any kind going on today
>realize trying to explain to her what lolita is would probably be futile
>tell her that they just dress that way because that's their sense of style
>our faces when she realized that she had just made a complete ass of herself
>>
https://youtu.be/pr4fIE55CRE?t=9m44s
furries found us
>>
>>9574314
ah timestamp didn't work, skip to 9:44
>>
I have a few weird/lovely ones.

> sitting on train, OTT hime sweet.
> man over the row of chairs leans down for a moment then reaches over to me.
> "I think you dropped this"
> Holding a fake flower in his hand. Not mine.
> "Oh, thank you. But that's not mine."
> "Oh. You can have it anyway." *gestures to take it from him*
> okay.jpg
> "Aww, thanks."
> attempts to take flower
> man grabs my hand, dropping flower and stares intently into my eyes.
> pulls hand away
> doesn't let go
> ended up having to loudly ask him to let go and have other passengers intervene
> yay

> in punk lolita
> man approaches me in the street, asks for a photo
> okay.jpg
> thanks him and goes to leave
> he follows me
> "what's your name?"
> "where are you from?"
> "wanna hang out?"
> "nty, I'm on my way somewhere."
> keeps following me
> goes into clothing shop
> follows me
> goes into changing room
> took about ten minutes of him trying to talk to me IN THE CHANGING ROOM before staff realize what's going on and ask what he's doing
> staff tell him to leave
> hears him say "tell the little pocket rocket she's real cute"
> pleasedon'teverdothistoanyone

1/2
>>
>>9574316
This one I've shared here before
> walking to shops in casual clothing
> "hey! HEY!!!"
> *turns to see girl in highschool uniform and a hijab*
> "yes?"
> "you're the girl that wears those beautiful dresses! I see you on the train sometimes. Where do you get them? What are they?"
> *explains a little*
> girl seems legitimately excited by the fashion

Made my day desu

> goes into a bakery for sweets in classic
> staff at counter light up, are super friendly
> entire kitchen comes out from the back to see
> bought a couple of things, but was also given chocolates for free
> was asked if I wear the fashion often and if I'd come back

Really, really nice food and lovely people. Staff on the counter are teen/early 20s girls and kitchen staff are probably late 30s/40s, all Italians, possibly family. Been back a few times, gives me an excuse to dress up.

> wears classic lolita for a meet
> new bf gets the afternoon off and asks if I want to grab dinner with him
> knows I wear lolita but has never seen me in it or seen my wardrobe at this point
> feeling a little nervous, but okay
> waiting in the library gardens
> "you look beautiful"
> turns around, he's absolutely beaming, doesn't take his eyes off me
> not shy, arm around the waist wherever we go
> all the feels

Then there's the usual delighted little girls. I've actually had a very young boy bring me a dandelion he'd picked in the zoo and it was the sweetest thing ever.
>>
>>9574274
>she realized that she had just made a complete ass of herself
Not really, comments like that are a regular part of wearing this style in public. Unless those two lolitas made a big deal out of this encounter (which they shouldn't have), "are you dressed up for the parade?" is one of the least offensive things one could ask us.
>>
>>9574316
>"tell the little pocket rocket she's real cute"
That is vile
>>
>>9574326
Not so much what he said, the fact that he followed me for more than 20 minutes after I'd told him I'm not interested and hung around outside the changing room of a women's clothing store.

He could have told me that earlier and left me alone.
>>
>>9574394
This is why you'll always be single.
>>
>>9573456
I was going to mention this. My neighbour's name was Lolita (is it a coincidence or destiny?) And i've never heard anything negative around lolita or the book until i first entered /cgl/.
>>9573440
Let me guess, europe?
>>
>>9574438
>that first story
Good job, anon
>>
>>9572480
I've had nothing but positive experiences so far with little girls being fascinated, mothers asking if their kids could touch my dress, and awesome old ladies saying they love my style. I've never had an opinion from a guy, they might just do a quick double take and go on their way. I don't even think my guy friends really notice it, or if they do they never seem to react to it.
>>
>>9573128
Only weeaby itas and 'I buy everything from SpreePicky' girls
>>
>>9574314
>That's even better than fursuits!
Kill me now.
>>
>>9574274
Aw, your mom meant well.

>>9574318
I've actually had a very young boy bring me a dandelion he'd picked
I'd forgotten about it until now, but this also happened to me once at a picnic meet! A little boy stopped by with his nanny to give a few of us dandelions. The nanny also took a photo of him with a couple of lolitas. I have to wonder what she's done with the photo though... like did she show the kid's parents or post the picture to Facebook?
>>
>>9573128
I was a huge noob at the time so wasn't wearing it but she was, so I complimented her dress and then I realized it was IW and got really excited. She told me about the local comm which I was able to join some months later.

Great encounter, and I'm still super grateful cause I might not have found my comm otherwise!
>>
>>9574549
At least it's true, anything is better than fursuits
>>
>>9574560
Aww! I'm so pleased to hear there are other little boys out there that do this :'D

So lovely.
>>
>>9574404
>triggered uggo
>>
Everyone's so lucky I've never met a Lolita in the wild before.
>>
>>9572929
I was using "catcalling" as a general term for people shouting random shit at you on the street, it's usually not sexual or any kind of pisspoor attempt at a compliment, just stuff like people yelling "GOOOOOTH!" or "IT'S NOT HALLOWEEN!" or "HEY ALICE!"
>>
File: 1500060239203.jpg (64KB, 1200x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1500060239203.jpg
64KB, 1200x1005px
Went to disneyland a month ago and saw someone in casual lolita. She was so cute I really wanted to give her candy.
>>
>>9573286
>They're watching Rick and Morty on his phone without headphones
I feel you mate. A lot of Americans don't know British public transport etiquette. Forgive them anon.
>>
Nice grandmas keep complimenting me when I go out in lolita, I even had a mid-20s guy compliment my outfit non-creepily in the liquor store. He was like "oh, nice dress". Feels good man.
>>
File: nicecoordgirl.jpg (323KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
nicecoordgirl.jpg
323KB, 566x800px
>>9572784
>usher stops me

i'm really tired and thought you meant eight time grammy winner usher complimented your coord
>>
>>9574646
The dream
>>
>>9574632

My city's a little small, so I only met one once. I was SUPER excited, even though she was much younger than me and wearing bodyline.

Unfortunately she turned out to be visiting from out of state.
>>
File: same dress.png (168KB, 355x558px) Image search: [Google]
same dress.png
168KB, 355x558px
>>9573128
I saw another lolita outside of an art gallery in toronto and waved like pic related.
Then my normie friend awkwardly asked me if I knew her and made me realize how weird it is to engage with a stranger like that
>>
>>9572524
I agree. He's cute.
>>
>>9574438
Well you can't just say that and not tell us wear you got your tights
>>
>>9576251
that's cute
>>
>>9574640
That's not catcalling.
>>
>out to fancy restaurant with mom
>pls no bully
>well maybe not fancy so much as expensive
>our reservation apparently got lost?
>I guess it didn't really though because they believed us and moved us to the front of the waiting randos
>waiting with the randos
>two little girls are staring at me slack-jawed
>ha ha I guess they think I'm a disney princess
>just like on my anime message boards
>they keep staring with their fucking mouths open
>why is no one telling them not to stare?
>why is no one telling them not to invite in flies?
>how did these hillbillies get into this restaurant?
>I'll never know
>we're called up
>get up and wait for the waitress to grab menus
>I feel a rustling
>the fuck
>little yokel has her mitts up my skirt and she's pawing around in my petticoat
>panic, reflexively thinking I'll get v&, and push her away by the face
>kid stumbles back but looks startled, not hurt
>momma june finally flops out of the ocean wearing a dangerously taut Cardinal's baseball shirt
>"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"
>no
>I want food
>"YOU CAN'T ASSAULT A CHILD, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU HURT MY LITTLE GIRL blah blah blah trailer park jabber"
>not going after outfit
>props to you for that, ma'am
>my mom steps in
>"Your kid just molested my kid, you really wanna make a scene in here right now? We can call the police, but I don't think you want the ensuing child endangerment investigation into why a kid that little is trying to grope strangers"
>mom jesus christ
>waiters are staring
>randos are staring
>the diners would be staring too if they could see us from here, but I'm sure they're all listening intently
>momma june has regurts
>my mom tells the waitress we're ready to go now
>waitress looks at whatever you cal the guy who keeps track of who gets to eat
>he makes face like fuck it I guess
>we go eat
>never seen Wailord and the Wailmers again
>no one said anything about my clothes the entire day

lolita in public, everyone
>>
>>9576515
good job to your mom for shutting the other up
I had forgotten until now the times I have snapped at kids and adult that it's not right for them to lift my skirt. wtf is wrong with these people
>>
>>9574643
That's not even British public transport etiquette, that's Everywhere public transport etiquette. Even in places where it's not considered rude to start talking to random strangers it's still considered rude to watch shit without headphones.
>tfw comm members were the rude asses doing this on way to meetup by watching anime on phone with sound turned way up in the bus
>none of us even understand Japanese but KAWAII DESU NE???
>can't pretend I'm not associated with them because we're all dressed similarly
>kill me now
>>
File: sexylittlestarburst.png (205KB, 497x484px) Image search: [Google]
sexylittlestarburst.png
205KB, 497x484px
i was walking out of a mall when a truck pulled up next to me and started driving by me really slowly to keep up with my pace. it was two (presumably drunk) dudes who kept saying generic catcall-y things and at some point one of them called me his "sexy little starburst"...? i speedwalked my frilly ass away

it was kind of scary because they were following me but at the same time i can't help but laugh, what the fuck?
>>
File: hm.gif (695KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
hm.gif
695KB, 294x233px
>out with mother and baby niece
>wearing JM style otome/soft lolita/whatever
>people keep giving us the stink eye
>not even being subtle about it
>hear one woman mumble "so irresponsible" while shaking her head
>ask my mother wtf she thinks their deal is, because I know I'm dressed out of the norm but last I checked wearing a striped dress around a baby wasn't a crime
>she explains that they probably think I'm a teen mother
>it's not my baby
>I'm 26
>>
>>9576600
Aahahahaha, yikes anon. I get similar reactions if I'm out with my kid in lolita or nanchatte. I can understand the nanchatte, I just wish people weren't so judgy in general. Teen moms have it shitty enough without everyone staring disapprovingly.
>>
This just happened while I went out today to try a new cafe I saw. I was on a very average public street in my city that I go to plenty.

>Lonelita, wearing some old school b&w sweet out today, short sleeve OP, AP headbow, long white bloomers, UTKS, Bodyline RHS. Average coord, nothing overly crazy.
>Dude yells "Hey!" from across the street, comes up on bike.
>"Hi you have nice clothes I'm a filmmaker blah blah".
>Think 'oh he's gonna ask me to be in some student film ugh'.
>"You have nice personal style we like that, we use a lot of people with unique style in our videos, people with like the Japanese style, we do a lot of softcore videos, we need someone submissive who can take direction and act a little."
>'Oh god is he going where I think this is.'
>"Your style is so nice a little oriental do you wear it a lot it looks good, you know your clothes, in the filmmaking business we are in they can send off some messages like maybe that you are a little kinky--"
>"Uhhh."
>"--and that you are looking for a Master?"
>"No. And I'm married."
>Hoping he'll just fucking leave but he just rambles more.
>"Oh oh well okay I was just saying of course I don't think that, just that uh some people might with your clothes and the messages they give off that say you might like a Master."
>Put sunglasses back on, just stare at him with my mouth set in a thin line.
>"Well anyways of course you are married and stuff nice meeting you, I'm sure you have somewhere to be."
>"Yes, I am meeting friends."
>"Have a nice day."

I wish murder was legal.
>>
>>9576663
>we need a submissive who can take directions
>we do softcore videos
>maybe you're a little kinky
>are you looking for a Master

Jesus Christ. Who just asks someone out of nowhere if they need a Master?
>>
I have bad social anxiety but I've had rather good experiences in lolita.

>go to shopping mall after a local anime convention, wearing OTT pastel vomit lolita
>little girl sees me walk by and runs to her dad
>"daddy look- a princess!!!"
>blessyoumychild.jpg

at a local japanese festival thing
>dressed in OTT sweet again because why not
>went to a table to buy a cute coin pouch from an old japanese lady
>"ohh you're like a fashion model from harajuku, ne?? kawaii ne?"
>"yeah, it's my favorite! thanks"
>continue to talk to her about the fashion and she apparently misses living in japan and seeing people dress in colorful clothes.
>>
>>9574318
>the unexpected feels from your post, especially last one
Warms my heart.
>>
>>9573440
Where do you live anon? Sounds like paradise.
>>
>>9576635
My mom got even nastier looks than me. She said she recognised the reaction because she used to get the same shit when she was 16 and babysitting her little sister. Like damn people if you're going to be judgemental at least make sure you have all the facts first.

>>9576663
pig disgusting
>>
>>9576693
I've been asked if I wanted to pose nude for some guy's "personal photography" once while wearing lolita. I don't know what it is.
>>
>>9576752
Did you do it?
Just be honest, you're amongst friends here.
>>
File: 1498735420379.png (20KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1498735420379.png
20KB, 259x224px
>Got into lolita after I moved to Japan
>Started buying up brand dress's from my local shops and putting together coords
>Been living here a while
>See lolitas fairly often out and about
>Too afraid to wear my clothes out because I dont want to be that one gaijin in j fash
>Even though I've made friends with the clerks at my local BTSSB store and really want to show up in a dress I've purchased from them some time.

I know I'm just being a baby but alone I feel nervous, and I don't speak enough Japanese yet to try and find commes (if there really are any? Seems more of a western thing actually) and none of my friends wear it.
>>
File: img000002.png (69KB, 595x659px) Image search: [Google]
img000002.png
69KB, 595x659px
>>9576693
I couldn't believe it either, he started out subtle with being like "someone who's a bit submissive" "can take direction" and "filmmaker" and I was preparing for him to give me a business card or some shit and then he just went straight into "maybe you're kinky" and I was like uhhhh I'm done pretending to be polite now, you creepy fuck.
>>
>>9576761
Find penus and hang around her.
>>
File: neck choker.jpg (101KB, 700x695px) Image search: [Google]
neck choker.jpg
101KB, 700x695px
>>9576765
Do you appear submissive?
pic is taken from a recent research.
>>
>>9576515
>Cardinal's baseball
'sup fellow Midwest anon
>>
>>9576761
There's an international lolitas in Tokyo comm
>>
>>9576773
A very nice thought but I live in western Japan, Tokyo is a very pricy shinkansen ticket or a 9 hour bus ride for me.

But maybe next time I'm on holiday and can get up there I'll see if there's any meets that coincide. Thanks though anon.
>>
File: pgsy.jpg (221KB, 1000x762px) Image search: [Google]
pgsy.jpg
221KB, 1000x762px
Do any of you walk around in public alone while wearing lolita? I don't really have friends but I want to leave the house wearing my goddamn frills.

I'm easing my way into it by wearing "a la mode" without petti and it's been okay so far. Lots of stares, the odd yelling across the street, a couple compliments. But I'm afraid I'll be attacked or something if I go all out without company
>>
One time I left a Korean BBQ and there was a huge lolita meeting in front of it. Apparently they were part of some Facebook group meet-up and were going to eat at the restaurant I just left. I talked to a few of them and they seemed pretty nice(not too weird or kawaii-desu/embarrassing). I just thought that was the weirdest place to meet-up and have dinner at. Especially considering the heat from the grills and getting all the grilled meat smells/smoke in their wigs and clothes.
>>
>>9576806
All the time. It took me a year of walking alone until I learned that there was another lolita in my city to begin with. I travel half the country for meets (which is like 2-3 hours with public travel, small country). I used to life on a farm, felt like momoko. beside one guy from the bigger cities thinking it was some sort of old-fashioned costume (like Amish-clothes, like serious clothes but no one wears them normally beside a small group in the countryside), but otherwise, only positivity. Being confident (or faking it) is the best way to get no reactions. Photo is actual costume from the area I lived, still not sure how my coord looks like that, but I guess he had never seen this.
>>
>>9576761
Most Japanese I met are really exited when they see foreigners wear it, and often don't even care if it's a horrible outfit because you are showing love for their culture, which they appreciate. It's about kimono's instead of lolita, but the comments are pretty general to culture (also, love this channel): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pXotxxYFlk
>>
>>9576807
1, if you're underage you're breaking the rules of posting on this board mate. All of 4chan is 18+. Not the kind of thing you want to announce.

2, Just be patient on the job front (if I'm understanding your post correctly) lolita as with any hobby costs money. Build a wardrobe slowly and watch your budget.

3, wearing it at cons to start isnt a bad idea. Look into local commes and start wearing stuff with them. Its a lot easier to get more accustomed to going out in jfash when you're in a group. Otherwise honestly fake it till you make it. That will always be the ultimate rule to gaining confidence.
>>
>>9576726
I can relate to you now. All I had was compliments from people, and otherwise I've been left alone. No super happy children, no harassment, no people thinking I wear odd clothes, no elders randomly pulling up skirts, no creeps thinking I'm into some weird fetish, nothing. Just people telling me I look good, or nice outfit, and otherwise, nothing but the average stare. I wish I could get the little child seeing a princess thing too.
>>
>>9573440
>>9576830
Sorry tagged wrong post.
>>
>>9576251
I never randomly talk with lolita's I don't know, but this is very normal behaviour to other metalheads lol. Only doing when in metal clothes, otherwise it seems odd. Works better when both are wearing a Bathory shirt XD. Reminds me of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgoAPX4SXFc
>>
>>9576830
I get mostly compliments and being left alone although I have had a few occasions where people yelled nasty shit on me, but I can relate to never getting the overexcited children thing. In three years I've been approached by a kid twice and most were at meets with other people. I actually find really young kids (like, under-fives) hilarious because it's usually their parents that get flustered while their kid doesn't react at all because they're too young to realise what you're wearing is weird. Older kids (8+) seem to dislike it and some are outright hostile, especially boys (I guess it's an "Ew, that's girly and weird!" thing?)
>>
>>9576928
I used to be called after in metal or gothic clothes when I was in high-school. But nowadays people just don't, no matter what I wear (I wear not regular things outside lolita too). Only difference is I'm an adult and I'm a lot more confident, and I think those two things might matter as well. Also, I live in a pretty free-thinking country, so as long as you don't bother others, people generally don't give a fuck about what you do.
>>
>>9576768
I wasn't even wearing a necklace at all, funnily enough. I even left the detachable collar from my dress at home.

>>9576806
I have, and encounters like my one above are rare. For the most part I have a lot of grandmas compliment me, and today aside from that creepy porno dude, one of the construction workers outside my apartment told me I had a nice outfit in a non-sarcastic and non-creepy way, and a cute little girl kept staring at me with awe. Most people are pretty nice or just mind their own business. It's the only way I wear lolita and it's not as scary as it seems usually. I do live in a fairly small and pretty low-key city though, which is what made today extra weird. Just make sure you pick nice public spots. It might feel weird to go to Starbucks or something with all those people, but it'll also feel safer once you adjust to their stares a little. The weird shit that happens to me is usually on weird parts of the street with minimal people and tourism. Crowded spots feel weird at first but you're a lot less likely to get real awful shit that way.
>>
>>9576542
ikr?
But one of those baby leashes if you have to baka

>>9576771
Eyyy
>>
>>9576806

Like >>9576957 said, the stories you hear here are rare. But then, "nothing happened and everyone minded their own business" doesn't make for an interesting conversation, so you only hear the extremes here.
>>
>>9576806
You can't give universal advice because every country and area is different. I wear lolita a lot alone and I've been fine, but I live in a relatively safe, middle-class part of the UK where being physically attacked for any reason would be extremely out of the norm (and the most common violent crimes, like muggings/stabbings, have nothing to do with what you wear). You've got to use your own judgement about how safe your area is. Before I came to university I lived in a shitty area and I hated wearing lolita alone there, even if it was just walking from the train station to my house during the day, because there were so many teenagers hanging around looking for an excuse to harass passers-by.

I really like >>9576957's advice about sticking to crowded places where there are people around to help as well, since unless you're in some redneck area where bystanders genuinely don't give a fuck if a "weirdo" is attacked (I've heard of goths who've had terrible experiences like that) being somewhere like a gallery or museum is pretty safe.
>>
>>9577169
FWIW though, there's no objective way to measure safety since so much of it is to do with luck - you can be unlucky and be attacked by a crazy anywhere - but it's about whether it's likely and whether bystanders are likely to intervene. I know it's risky, but I walk to the convenience store and back home from the library as late as 2am all the time (often with friends but I've done it quite a lot alone, sticking to main roads and sometimes taking precautions like only bringing the cash I need so if I do get mugged I won't lose too much) and I've never had even a mild creepy incident, but the girl I lived with last year hated leaving the house without her boyfriend after 9pm because the few times she did she had bad experiences (guys following and talking to her, cars slowing to a crawl beside her and trying to get her to get in, etc).

If you're worried about being attacked I think it's worth taking the same kind of precautions you would out of lolita just so you can feel that little bit safer, even you're going to be in crowded public places during the day. Wear flat-ish comfy shoes you can run in (get insoles if you have to), or huge solid platforms you can use to stamp on an attacker's instep. It helps even with normal douchey teenagers harassing you, since you don't want to twist your ankle in heels while you're trying to walk away and ignore them. When I have to go to a shitty area or walk around at night I tend to wear "tougher" alt styles like goth/punk with huge stompy boots, a big coat and clothes that allow freedom of movement.
>>
>>9576768
Did you get that image from /pol/? What the hell am I looking at here?
>>
>>9577187
My advice, I should also say, about using crowded places was more because people in crowded areas like large stores are usually a lot more likely to keep to their own business than someone with time to kill on a lonely side street. I prefer crowded places not because people don't stare but because people are less likely to be huge dicks when they have an audience. There's no guarantee, of course, but I've found the girls milling around the MAC counter or people in line at Starbucks are more concerned with new lipstick colors they're looking at or what to order than what I'm wearing. I would not say to pick it because you'll rely on bystanders to help, but moreso because busy places have busy people with purposes, and public cashiers have usually seen it all and don't care if you're wearing a 6 ft mohawk rainbow wig unless you're a dick.

So tl;dr I agree with you in that you should not count on bystanders to intervene, and if you're real nervous precautions like flat shoes and a jacket that's low-key can make it easier to cover up and tone down your outfit a little in a pinch.
>>
File: 754676.jpg (196KB, 1253x593px) Image search: [Google]
754676.jpg
196KB, 1253x593px
>>9577683
I cant remember, it was either /adv/ or /sci/

>What the hell am I looking at here
meme
>>
>>9572524
>>9576254

Either you are gay men or don't exist. Never met girls who think Asians are cute and hot.
>>
File: a8M9LEQ.jpg (284KB, 1333x888px) Image search: [Google]
a8M9LEQ.jpg
284KB, 1333x888px
>>9577745
Elliot, girls find you unattractive not because you're half Asian.
>>
>>9577745
Huh? Maybe I'm just lucky but I've met plenty of girls who love Asians.
>>
>>9577745
You've never met a weeb, then. Girls in my comm will squeal and freak out over the most arsefaced guys just because of their yellow fever.
>>
>>9577745
>>9577831
Seconding this. Half the girls in my comm have ugly Asian boyfriends since the attractive ones tend to only go for other attractive Asians.
>>
>>9573781
This is sadly true.
>>
File: 837.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
837.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
How do you find lolita friends in your area?
>>
>>9577945
Join the nearest local comm or wear the fashion on the streets and hope to meet another lolita while you're out.
>>
>>9577945
>>9577988
Adding to this, you can also convert friends interested in the fashion, but its going to take a while and won't be that easy. I suggest joining the local comm, most places have one.
>>
>>9577745
Then you've never met a weeby girl and especially not a koreaboo (lust after irl boy bands)
>>
I was in a sweet coord and my boyfriend wanted to stop by his house really fast while we were hanging out. His mom was babysitting his little niece and when i walked in his mom was like "oh look, anon is dressed like a little girl." Which really upset me and my boyfriend. He loves how happy lolita makes me and knew a comment like that would really ruffle my petticoats.

needless to say i dont wear lolita to his house anymore
>>
>>9578093
Well, it's not like she's wrong and also she thought the kid would find that interesting. It's nothing personal against you.
>>
>>9572811
It really does. I'm always going out with my bf whose 6ft and a husky guy. He usually just wears a nice button up and peacoat when I go out in frills.
I've never been hassled or cat called wearing lolita, the only interesting comment we've recieved is a black guy in our college asking us if we just got engaged.
>>
>>9578100
>it's not like she's wrong
>hurr durr lolita is children's clothing
>>
>>9578116
Nayrt but certain style do resemble old fashioned children's clothing. Why get upset if it's true?
>>
>>9578093
desu you and your boyfriend need to think with normie brains for a moment before you judge.

look at OPs pic for example, normies who have never been hugely exposed to jap subculture will think those girls are dressed as "little girls", teddies/bows and a lot of pink? yes people tend to think that way.

even the name "lolita" hints of that its something about "little girls". If you cant grasp that then just read some Vladimir Nabokov.
>>
>>9578150
>>9578130
What the fuck is going on with this board today?
>>
>>9578154
Someone did post a picture of lolita outfits on /fa/. Nobody linked it here tho.
>>
>>9578154
I've been here for years. If you can't see how normies might think a (sweet) lolita coord looks like little girl clothes you're legally blind.
>>
>>9578154
breaking your lolita safe space

cmon try to understand people for a moment. its like being a /pol/-tard who thinks every girl who has slept with more than 1 person in a degenerate whore.
>>
>>9578162
It looks like little girls who dress up in disney princess outfits. It doesn't like normal everyday child wear, but it's got loads of elements that little girls would like. It's not heard to see why people not in the know would come to that conclusion.

Lolita is weird. It's stupid to expect others to not react when you put yourself out there like that. If you can't take an offhand comment (not harassment, but just a comment), don't fucking wear it in public.
>>
>>9573133
Lol had a similar experience with a Bodyline-chan in the wild. I was wearing brand and received a ton of complements that day. See lone Bodyline-chan with her friend, in a basic beginner coord and decide to complement her coord as well. Bodyline-chan sneers and doesn't even want to talk to me.
>>
>>9573133
>>9578416
Maybe they think that being an elitist snob is a part of being a lolita. Newbies get twisted impression of what the fashion and subculture is (or how a lolita "should behave") all the time, it's possible.
>>
>>9576806
canada anon here. wearing it alone is easier than wearing it with people where i live, but maybe thats just because im sick of going out with family or normie friends who jump in to every question i get with "its lo-li-ta!!!! not like the book!!!" before i can stop them. Theres no comm in my town and i wear my stuff out like 2-5 times a week depending on my work schedule.
>with family today
>woman comes up to ask me what im wearing
>just as im about to pull my usual "oh haha i just dress weird! no reason for it!" my mother-in-law says "its called lolita and its a subculture, right anon? not what you think"
>old woman looks at me for a second and goes "lolita? theres children out here!" and walks off
>mfw ready for sweet embrace of death
>fiance proceeds to say this is why he doesnt like me dressing this way and didnt want me dressing up around his family
>tfw i was toned down casual and only did it cause his mom seemed interested enough that i wanted to show her

shit like ^ never ever happened to me before today. if i had a comm with one of those "its not like the book!!!!!! harajuku!!!!" type girls id leave.
>>
>>9578737
That's his response? Sounds really like a shitty guy, honestly. It's not your fault some nobody cared about a title. You mother-in-law sounds like she meant well.
>>
>>9578165
>safe space
>/pol/-tard
How about you go back there?
>>
>>9577988
From what I've read the comm in my area is kinda bad.. But I'll check it out either way, thanks
>>9578000
>you can also convert friends interested in the fashion
>mfw I don't even have regular friends
>>
>>9578162
While shopping in a brand store, another customer entered and asked the shop girl if the store was selling children's clothes.
>>
>>9578737
I've practically stopped wearing lolita when out with my mother because she'll tell anyone and everyone who even so much as looks in my direction that "it's called lolita but it's not a sex thing!!"
She's proud of me and she means well but mom, stop. Stop. Please.
>>
>>9578752
his mom definitely means well. im not sure when he decided he didnt like the fashion because the first couple years we were together he really encouraged it. he swears hes not embarrassed by me but he often tells me not to dress up, if i mention im "dressed nice today" hell get all worried and ask if i mean im wearing petticoats
>inb4 dump him
>>
>>9576806
The nearest Lolita is an hour away so I usually just go to like the grocery store and stuff in frills people tend to ignore me but occasionally old ladies and children will come talk to me. I get a lot more comments when there's more than one of us. People tend to leave you alone when it's just you.
>>
>>9579310
Sounds like a shitty bf to me, if Lolita is a hobby that you enjoy and he really loves you then he'd let you have that
>>
>>9579093
What brand was that?
What was the response?
>>
>>9579310
I was wearing lolita after a meet and hadn't gone out in public a lot before but me and my BF had to stop by the grocery store...I was so embarrassed and complaining that I didn't have a change of clothes, how I should take my stockings and headbow off, and asked him what he thought. He grabbed my hand and told me he could never be ashamed of me. God I hope he will never change to be like your fiance. I know everyone changes but I feel like it's a fundamental part of me now, if he ever stops letting me do what I want he can fuck off.
>>
>>9572480
I've literally never had a negative reaction except a group of black girls calling me Satan.

Almost all the comments I've gotten are positive, with a few people that are confused but if you take it in stride, most people are willing to listen to you and want to know the story behind it. Old people seem to love it the most in my experience, which is understandable and also cute as hell.

I've had a few giggles from the giant groups of kids at the malls that hang out with their 'squad' but if you actually get in there and talk to them without being rude, they're willing to talk to you, too.

Some of you are really too insecure and it makes me sad, since I'm sure all of you are cute as fuck.
>>
>>9579310
Anon, it's not about lolita. It's about how he wants to control what you wear and it's a bad sign. If it's not lolita, what if you get into some other fashion style someday and he hates that? What if he starts telling you how to behave because he doesn't like a manner you picked up?
>>
I've had pretty much all positive reactions, and I usually wear classic or sweeter classic. There's a group of wealthy little old black ladies on my street and they always fuss over me when I run into them, it's awesome.
>>
>>9579093
The first time I went into a brand store I had my mom with me and she said "oh no anon these things won't fit you, these are all children's clothes".

>>9579417
Nayrt but in my case it was a reseller of many brands, mostly AP and Baby. I bought something from VM though. The cashier responded by looking me up and down and flatly saying "everything here will fit her".
>>
I want to share a sweet story here, which happened to me recently:

>dressed in ott hime
>at the airport going home from a meet
>baggage check-in
>assistant sees me and starts to freak out
>getting her co-worker to her
>both freaking out together
>both take pictures of and with me

Meanwhile
>huge line of around 60ppl have to wait until the ladies got back to work

Me
>feeling sorry and flattered at the same time
>>
>>9572896
then go back to plebbit, fag
>>
>>9579375
>People tend to leave you alone when it's just you.
A lot of the time that's because they're scared to approach you in case you have mental problems or something, being with someone else your own age gives them the confidence to ask you questions knowing you're capable of holding a normal conversation.
>>
>>9573639
You can't know that.

>>9573635
Not a sweet lolita but that jsk is cute, minus the wonky bows. At least there is no raschel lace.
>>
>>9572896
Please leave, reddit
>>
>>9581055
There is raschel lace on that JSK, and there's nothing cute about it.
>>
File: Step 2 - Try not to cry.jpg (56KB, 502x432px) Image search: [Google]
Step 2 - Try not to cry.jpg
56KB, 502x432px
Not a story of wearing lolita in public but instead meeting a pair of lolitas:
>At work (Euro-specific auto shop) on a Saturday because I don't even remember why
>Subaru rolls into parking lot and two lolitas get out, one classic one something else
>What
>Classic lolita tells us her Jetta is coming on a flatbed, she got gas on her way to a meet and it just up and quit running about 3 miles later
>Think to myself her fuel pump died, not an uncommon problem
>Flatbed rolls up with the Jetta and drops it off
>It's a diesel, 2012 IIRC
>Tell lolitas to sit tight
>Open fuel cap, get hit in the face with the smell of gasoline
>MFW
>Go back inside and tell classic lolita that I like her coord and oh by the way you bricked your car.
>HFW
>Lolitas leave, car gets towed out the following Monday
>VW gets busted for dodging emissions two months later
I wonder if she managed to turn that into anything or just scrapped it and bought a Corolla.

>>9572754
I know it's been a week but the name you're looking for is "Beaker".
>>
>>9581055
>you can't know that
but i do. bodyline main pieces are garbage.
>>
>>9581556
Not literally all of them anon, you sound like a typical overcompensating summerfag.
>>
>>9581707
nah, just not an ita. sorry you're so insecure.
>>
>>9581556
No, there are plenty of Bodyline pieces that are just fine, mostly their solid and floral dresses/skirts. The ita comes from how well or not they're coorded. I assume you're new if you actually believe any Bodyline piece makes someone ita. Or trolling.
>>
>>9581724
See: >>9581713
>>
>>9581742
Is this your version of "lol autism", to say anyone who disagrees with you is insecure?
>>
>On a walk yesterday for an hour and a half in lolita to see crush at his work
>Woman in car asks if I'm supposed to be Anne of Green Gables
>My hair isn't even red
>Different woman stops me to take a picture >Tells me I look adorable and asks me where I got my dress
>Her husband says I look like a southern belle
>Obligatory "Are you Little Bo Peep?" from older lady in a car
>Girl around my age excitedly yells "I like your lolita clothes!" from a car
>Little boy yells something I couldn't hear well from another car, but I think it was "You look good bro!"
>Arrive at crush's work
>Little kid sees me and tells his dad to look
>His dad thinks I'm Little Bo Peep
>Go to area where crush works
>Get shy and anxious because I never talked to him about visiting work
>Realized I must look like a stalker.
>Awkwardly stand near the place he works without even looking to see if he's there
>Try texting him
>He doesn't even see the texts
>Leave and decide to never go to Stop and Shop without telling him first ever again
>>
>>9573551
I've never seen square dancing dresses before (they're not big in my country) but I would actually wear the blue one at the back, is that bad?
>>
>>9576698
That second story is cute
I love sweet old ladies
>>
>>9584290

Square dancing skirts are the reason we tell newbies not to make circle skirts, there's way too much fabric at the hem. You can see with all three dresses their skirts hang in folds even though they're also all wearing some kind of monster poof square dancing petti. It looks awesome when you watch someone twirl and dance in it, but unless you make a habit of twirling in lolita, when you only stand or sit, you'll never ever get the skirts to lose the limp, "sad skirt" look because of the circle skirt cut. Plus, most dresses tend to use raschel lace and okay-ish quality fabric. Lolita is a little better quality most of the time.

The petticoats are great for A-line dresses, though, and there's a hack somewhere on some old egl post for pinning the outer layer up to get a cupcake shape out of them.
>>
>>9573128
I've only ever seen lolitas in the wild when I was in normie clothes, and I've only ever been approached by lolitas in normie clothes who would then chat about my coord/the brand Im wearing, etc. I've made some nice friends that way, but it's always feels like "damn the one day I can't be assed to put on a petti and there's a girl in Moitie across the street"

I live in a midsized city so I am surprised at the frequency this happens, though. at least a couple times a year
>>
alright, any NY lolitas? Is new york actually safe to wear in public or do you tend to find more creeps. Or are they just used to this shit?

I don't actually live in the city, I live in a city nearby the bronx (yonkers) and I'm not stupid enough to wear lolita in the bronx. I'm referring to manhattan.
>>
>>9576723
Glad to share some happy feels!

Went out in Sugar Dream Dome last night for an event in our city, with said boyfriend and another friend. It was really lovely. The event was fantasy themed and there were lots and lots of kids there, a lot of them came up to say hello or waved as they went by, or when their parents pointed me out to them. Lots of compliments from adult attendees too.

Also saw a few others in lolita there I'd never met and that was really exciting to see, too.

Feeling pretty warm and fuzzy today.
>>
>>9586747
who are you with? where are you? what is your style? how expensive do you look vs. how the neighborhood looks? hipster jane marple looking coords dont do well in the deep bronx/queens, OTT sweet angelic pretty is a bad idea in any tourist trap, dont wear OTT gothic in areas with dense religious communities. It really depends where you are anon. I'd be happy to go into detail, I wear it fairly often when the weather is decent but I wear casual and classic which means very different results than what you may wear.
>>
>>9586747
Omg please dont listen to this >>9586877
anon.

Been wearing lolita for 10 years in NYC. It's the safest it's ever been here fyi. It's also the best possible place to wear lolita every day since no one gives a fuck. Also you will get comments and questions here but where won't you?

Nobody religious will do shit if you wear gothic in a religious area. You will get just as much comments in lolita or otome in queens and bronx as you will in brooklyn and manhattan.

There's weird af people all over the place, especially trains, and even though you will get looks and questions people are much more used to it here and you should feel pretty comfortable.

The only thing I do kind of agree with is being around tourist traps like times sq. You will get bombarded with photos and tourists but its not like its not SAFE. Please stop the fear mongering.

All you have to do is put on your best bitch face, walk quickly, not react to any comments and you're set.
>>
>>9586892
anon I really wasn't trying to start anything, I've had friends who maybe were hyperbolic about their experiences but in a strict Pentecostal neighborhood, it was pretty shitty for one of them. Tbh I've had almost nothing either, worst was teenagers pointing and laughing but seriously its NYC, people are always weird and I've had a lot of compliments from regular (i.e not"trendy" places). Hope for the best but it's still a highly populated city and just don't be naive about your surroundings.
>>
>>9586901
>>9586892
Thanks. I can put on a pretty good bitch face. It's just most of the shit I can do around my area is just in the city.

I wear toned down sweet, not ott, and classical lolita. also otome sometimes.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 181x278px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 181x278px
>>9584290
Yeah sometimes I come across ones that are pretty cute, but like >>9585012 said they aren't made from the greatest materials. I wore them in my early ita days as lolita, thought I was a genius. There are some very cute vintage ones out there, a lot of fun patterned fabric was used. I love my malco Modes petti, best I've had and it's the adjustable waist one so it can be made into cupcake shape.
>>
>>9578093
At least she didn't call you a prostitute like my boyfriend's mother.
>>
File: jaynehasissues.jpg (92KB, 1280x829px) Image search: [Google]
jaynehasissues.jpg
92KB, 1280x829px
>>9573128
I actually spotted one in my very own building just a few weeks ago! First time seeing one in the wild outside of a con.

>spot her coming in as I'm heading out
>she's helping someone carry something, SO runs to hold the door
>notice she's wearing a Violet Fane jsk and tea parties
>excitedly compliment her
>she smiles and thanks me
>hurry out awkwardly (I'm with a couple people and pretty distracted, and she seems busy)
>realize later that was the perfect opportunity to make a local lolita friend and I let it go like the socially incompetent dummy I am

My building is fairly big, plus I have no idea if she actually lives here or not, so I'm not counting on seeing her around. I'm pretty sad about this, she seemed really nice.

Also, not really a public reaction, but my SO saw pic related when he was at an airport in SF. If any gulls are travelling through there, please wear lolita and stop by the bookstore to say hi.
>>
>>9572908
Then guys think its a type of wedding dress other then that thrley think youre a weeabo
>>
>>9589234
>wearing brand through airprt security just to spite some salty book peddler

do you want ptsd nightmares of being forced to strip out of your angelic pretty to then be felt up by the gloved hands of a bottom dollar TSA security guard? because that's how it happens
>>
>>9589234
I've worn lolita a couple times travelling through SFO lmao, I hope I pissed off this angry literature troll
>>
>>9579310
he might just not want you to get harrassed or get your feelings hurt by strangers. He could mean well, or he could be controlling. Idk, you know the dude, you decide.
Don't listen to these other spinsters
>>
>>9588524
Good lord, that photo is basically Lawrence Welk-kei.
>>
>>9586892
Thank you anon. What is with people .....
>>
Attended a mini-meet today and some guy drove past and literally just screamed at us. No words, just a loud shriek.
Another woman just shouted "lolita!" at us and then waved while we were descending the escalator.
>>
>>9593993
The lady sounds nice.
>>
>>9576761
I just moved out from Tokyo, and coming back to the UK has made me realise how daunting it is to dress 'different'. People leave you alone in Japan, in the UK people can be confrontational.

You can do it anon!
>>
>>9593993
Aw, nice lady. My friends and I went to tea festival and an older lady stopped us to ask if we were wearing lolita fashion. We were so bemused but really happy because she was super sweet and wanted to take a picture with us/ask us about our dresses.
>>
So many fuzzy stories :3
>>
My directors reaction was "Oh goddammit, I know where your paycheck goes. My wife's into that damn Lolita fashion and stays ordering that custom stuff from Japan"

Kinda weird to see this 35 year old black man talking about the different styles of lolita his wife buys.
>>
>>9590536
Lawrence Welk is beyond awesome.
>>
>>9573440
sounds like the bay area
>>
>>9594150
>custom stuff from Japan
Was he angry about it or?
>>
>>9594422
Nah, he just knows how expensive lolita can get.His wife is a partner at DC law firm so I don't think he has to worry about buying stuff for her. He's one of those stealth nerds that keeps it on the low.
>>
File: tumblr_lz8szxQd9K1qbglmqo1_500.jpg (108KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lz8szxQd9K1qbglmqo1_500.jpg
108KB, 500x671px
>>9579310
>>
>>9579715
I was browsing lolitadesu last week and my mother was behind me. To be fair she wasn't wearing her glasses, but when i was looking at some headbows she asked if i was going to give birth. I'm not pregnant.
>>
I've gone out in lolita, and I can only remember positive attention. I don't think anyone's asked to take my picture on my own lol.
>>
>>9579819
How did you deal with tsa (assuming burgerstan)?
>>
> been dating an older guy for around a year
> I wear a few different j fashions but he's never cared
> today at restaurant we frequent we get a new waitress
> order alcohol. ID at the ready
> she sort of scowls and examines it harshly
> comes back with drinks
>" are you really that old? You look 14"
> laugh it off but she leaves and bf gets visibly upset
> "maybe you should change your style of dress"
Bitch I am wearing an average work pencil dress in black. Sort of sucked to hear that from him because usually the reactions I get in j fash aren't as scathing.
>>
>>9608162
Maybe you should stop wearing pencil dresses and stick to jfash.
>sarcasm
But seriously, if he's embarrassed by you looking younger when you *are* younger, you may have a problem here.
>>
>>9572524
>dat hulking giraffe neck
>>
>>9579310
As a guy married for 15 years, i will tell you that I've never tried to control what my wife wears. She asks what i like and will hold up things she's on the fence about and gets an honest opinion, but if she likes a fashion in not going to discourage it. It's about respecting her.

Maybe he's jealous. Get him into brolita!
>>
>>9574438
Alright so I wandered into /cgl/ because it's a board I normally never visit but I used to have a friend who was into it. So I've been lurking for some 10 minutes and... I don't mean to offend, but would I be wrong for assuming that easily 50% of this culture is about being snarky/bitchy to other girls?

(That first story was pretty satisfying though)
>>
>Super cute plushie/figurine/assorted kawaii goods store opens up in my city
>Naturally, want to check it out
>Use an AP purse as my everyday purse, always secretly hope somebody will recognize the brand
>Enter store
>Shopgirl says hi
>Waitforit.jpg
>Is that Angelic Pretty??
>FINALLY!

My day was made, even before I bought some cute stuff.
>>
>>9610056
It's a fashion so this subculture is predominately about the clothes. Bitchy/snobby/elitist attitude can and is found in every hobby across the board, in every age range and every gender, because unfortunately some people are shitty. It has nothing to do with frilly dresses specifically.
>>
>>9610021
This, I like this advice.
>>
This happened a few years ago at jo anns, i was waiting in line and this granny walked up next to me. When the cashier called I moved and she was like "I thought you were a mannequin!"
that was kind of cute.
Another story, wearing casual summer gingham coord on a train in japan, hear this kid ask his mom in front of me "why is she wearing that kind of clothing" mom replies nicely "because she likes it" and the kid was like "ohh"
insta heart warm
>>
>>9610142
Are frilly dresses a fun hobby? Do you think I could get into it [spoiler]as a boy[/spoiler]?
>>
>>9610220
Yes and yes.

To expand on the second question, it's up to you, your measurements, and your willingness to work to look more feminine using make-up, proper wigs and/or hair styling, etc. There's also jfashion that males wear that are somewhat related, some more cutesy boyish (for example ouji) and some more elegant and badass (for example, EGA).
>>
>>9610220
very fun! I find the most fun is feeling the details, collecting new things for my wardrobe, and how it feels to be all decked out in a coord in the midst of normies.
>it can also be very expensive if you want to make it your hobby
I think the best thing for you to do would be to buy a dress or visit a brand store if you can. if you don't like it, sell it on lacemarket or in our BST thread. if you fall in love with it,
>oneofus.jpg
>>
>>9610248
>>9610251

How do you suppose I could get into it? I'm living in a student dorm with a lot of flatmates who are very normie (but still good friends) and I kind of want to get into a public, high-profile job later, so... I want to keep this as much a secret as possible. At the same time I have a pretty masculine physique (I do sports), with big, male hands, huge feet, square-ish face.

I've fantasized about being a trap before but I gave up when I realised how utterly unconvincing I'd be. Long story short: I would need serious help with this, and I don't know where I could get that.
>>
>>9610256

If you hang around the board we usually have Brolita threads and makeup and hair threads, those are good places for advice about those things.

If you feel insecure about "passing" due to your masculine appearance, you could always ease in and start with Aristocrat or Ouji and get comfortable with that before diving into full on Brolita.
>>
>>9610056
Everyone is bitchy here. This is 4chan. Lolitas are usually sweet people irl unless you insult their hobby, just like every other person or normie would.
>>
>>9610476
Thanks, I'll look into it
>>
Wearing Lolita for the first time today. I've been anxious about being harassed all week, despite that I get nasty comments in cosplay all the time. Do you just grow a thick skin over time?
>>
Wearing my first coord in public for the first time right now. I was really nervous about it after reading horror stories about interacting with normies (bad idea), but I'm just getting a few stares and awkward smiles. I'm kind of excited now the nerves are wearing off.
>>
>>9610799
Act like you belong in it and most people will sense that and not give a fuck/give positive feedback.

I've been in Lolita for almost 10 years and I go by this and almost never get any negative attention for it.
>>
>>9610799
You have to remember that in threads like these people tend to vent about their worst experiences, or opposite, gush about most positive experiences. The vast majority of lolitas doesn't have to deal with any weird or extraordinary reactions, and probably won't stop to write about them because they're really not worth writing about. Otherwise, every thread would have hundreds of "well nobody really cared what I wore" responses.

Basically what I'm saying is, new lolitas, don't stress about normie reactions, you'll be fine.
>>
>>9610802
>>9610919
Ahhh thanks anons! It was really fun. There were a lot of drunk men around because of a sports match in the city, but it's like you said, nothing too over the top. Just people wanting to know "what cosplay is this" ahaha.
>>
>>9610789
Pretty much, yeah. I don't even notice reactions anymore unless someone actually comes up to me.
>>
>>9610789
Yeah, after a while you barely even notice any stares/heckling unless people are doing it right in front of you or are being extremely loud about it. I already wore alternative fashion for a few years before I got into lolita so I've gotten well past the point of caring what some idiots may think of me or yell at me. I've even had situations where my boyfriend/normie friends were telling people off for being rude while I didn't even notice that someone was giving me shit.

Just act confident about how you look, people are less likely to harrass someone who doesn't look nervous about what they're wearing. Earphones/headphones are also a good idea. Even if you're not really listening to music, people will assume you are and won't yell things at you. There's no fun in being snarky to someone who can't even hear you after all.
>>
>>9611121
I always have headphones in if I'm out in lolita. I ignore people staring or pulling out their phones, too. I already know that I look weird to people who don't wear the fashion, so I don't let their adverse reactions bug me.
>>
>ex-gf obsessed with lolita
>always wants to leave the house in it
>i'm not into lolita and did my best to not listen, i dont know any of the terms but it was always big, fluffy as shit dresses
>I live in south florida, hot as shit
>hate the attention it drew and she was clearly uncomfortable but wore it anyways

Never seen anyone wear lolita shit in public except my ex. Kinda weird I guess.
>>
>>9611198
Glad she got outta there
>>
>>9611224
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you gotta have mental problems to want to wear that shit in south florida.
>>
>>9611198
>I did my best to not listen
You're kind of a cunt. I hope she ignored you when you talked about your hobbies, too.
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.