[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 41

File: IMG_1401.jpg (471KB, 1534x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1401.jpg
471KB, 1534x2048px
2 burando or not 2 burando ft. sack cuts edition.

Old thread: >>9565050
>>
Opinions on Super Deluxe's macaron-inspired lolita video?

fb.com/superdeluxevideo /videos/501983973479491/
>>
>>9569907
>>9569908
Wasn't really asking about that. Wondering what people think of ETC calling themselves lolita.
>>
>>9570141
I love AP halloween prints usually but this is so disappointing to me.
>>
>>9570195
Cute idea, poor execution and even poorer choice of colourways.
>>
>>9570181
The video is cute but my god, the comments.

And I'm not talking about the idiots who are calling it pedophillia. I'm talking about the lolitas in the comment section losing their fucking minds at every negative comment. "REEE THESE DRESSES COST $300 BASIC NORMIES!!!!"

You guys are embarrassing us. You are never going to change their mind. Lolita will never appeal to normies. Ever. You're all wasting your time and making us look worse.
>>
>>9570212
I can't stand when lolitas brag about the cost of our clothes to normies. If someone thinks we look stupid they're not going to change their mind when they find out we spent hundreds of dollars to look like this, they're just going to think we're even more stupid. You're not making them feel bad about themselves, either.
>at meetup
>one girl in what's supposed to be hime lolita in an old Baby dress, huge princess sleeve blouse from some low-tier taobao brand, obvious cheap wig, falsies keep falling off, Bodyline shoes too big for her, plastic sceptre and tiara, basically looking like a child playing pretty princess dressup despite her decent main piece
>middle aged lady comes up to the group to ask what's up and if we always dress like this
>polite enough but clearly thinks we're kinda weird
>himedanger-chan blurts out "Um this coord cost $400 [lie] do you THINK we always dress like this UGH my coord costs more than your rent probably!!"
>woman is clearly taken aback and walks away with a really shitty impression of lolitas
gg hime-chan you sure showed her
>>
>>9570181
So do you have a link that doesn't require me to log in?
>>
Repost from the old thread because I'm stupid
Now that everyone is talking about quality, outsourcing to China and stuff...I remember watching a mini-documentary in yt about BtSSB where they showed their "factory" which was a really big room with lots of seamstresses (lovely old ladies) doing the dresses by hand(with a sewing machine,but,you get me). This was at least 2 years ago? I think it was an excerpt from Japanese TV. I've been searching for the video since then,but no luck. If anyone does find it it would be nice if you could link it here ^-^
>>
>>9570239
Here it is on dailymotion (skip to 05:05): http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/k6mvmXw2k6kuXN4cUZQ
>>
>>9570181
>fb.com/superdeluxevideo /videos/501983973479491/
This is absolutely cute and the guy seems sweet.

Fuck the comments, though. Normies are a lost cause.
>>
>>9570181
I want to show this video to everyone who claims lolitas with thin hair should wear a wig "to balance out the coord"
>>
>>9570270
To be fair not everyone has the skill or the time to curl their hair like this most days. I suck at curls myself. I have very thick hair and i'd still rather wear a wig because my styling skills are shit and I just want to be able to put it in, pin it in place and leave.
>>
>>9570181
This is why I never call my style lolita. Remember when people thought Facebook was deleting groups with the word lolita in it, so comm mods changed it to egl or something else? I hate all mods who changes it back to lolita. That was a really good opportunity for change.
>>
File: _20170722_125739.jpg (165KB, 720x890px) Image search: [Google]
_20170722_125739.jpg
165KB, 720x890px
I so often hear girls complaining that brands don't release enough solids and they focus too much on prints, not enough on fabrics, and should do more flattering, plus-size or just different cuts. But if people really want that why are brands like Physical Drop, Seraphim, h.Naoto, Victorian Maiden, Miho Matsuda, Moon Afternoon, Rosa Bianca etc... so unpopular? I've been going to meets for roughly two years now and I'm sure I've never seen anyone wear those brands. Rarely hear about them or see them online too.
>>
>>9570280
What do you call it, then? I'm legitimately curious.
When people ask me about the name of what I'm wearing I try not to shy away from it, I feel that doing that makes people suspicious like you're hiding something that you know is bad. So far I've had people tell me that it's a cute name, or that they associated it with Lolita Lempicka, so really nothing bad at all.
>>
File: rosebianca.jpg (73KB, 566x566px) Image search: [Google]
rosebianca.jpg
73KB, 566x566px
>>9570355
It's weird you mention this because I was just thinking of this.
>Victorian Maiden
I'm about to buy from them exactly because of what you just said. I think it's the most tame of all the classic brands and seems to adhere more to historical influence. Supposedly, the measurements are small, but if they fit me well they'll be my new favorite. AP and mainstream brands in general have really increased in size lately.
>Seraphim
I'm curious about them too... I've never heard of anyone buy from them. How do you order from them? Does anyone have any pieces? They seem more historical in influence and don't follow the lolita silhoutte.
>Physical Drop
I think it's just a niche audience for more every day lolita. Her motive behind her brand is totally counter to AP and bigger brands, so it's countering current lolita culture.
>h.Naoto
That's just more gothic and not really lolita so much, I think.
>Miho Matsuda
It appeals to a boy style audience with some of their pieces. I'm fond of them because I like gothic and casual gothic lolita.
>Moon Afternoon and Rose Biance
I've literally never heard of these brands until now. Thanks anon! I'm going to look into them more.

Another one I don't here much of is Millefleurs. There's just kind of there, but they make beautiful pieces. Does anyone know what the quality is like?
>>
>>9570355
Maybe they just aren't as well known (minus VM), especially to newer girls. The sweeter brands tend to be hyped so the smaller brands can be overlooked.
>>
>>9570376
It depends on what I'm wearing but mostly I call it EGL, no one ever asks me what it stands for and when they do ask what it is, I say it's from a Japanese gothic brand or it's a Japanese street fashion.
I've also heard lolitas use ama rori, gosu rori, otona alice or just saying it's from a harajuku brand.
>>
>>9570376
>>9570382
Sometimes I namedrop the designer's name, I wear a lot of IW so "It's by Yumi Fujiwara, she's a Japanese designer" is pretty straightforward and satisfies people's curiosity. If it evokes more questions they're usually about whether I've been to Japan or if I'm a fashion designer or stylist etc., which I'm perfectly comfortable with.
>>
>>9570280
Lolita is still in the acronym tho....?
>>
>>9570181
Whenever some normie outlet covers lolita, it's always sweet. I get that it's the most sensational style but I really wish this wouldn't be the only thing ever shown. I wear gothic and I feel like my style has barely anything to do with the outfit in the video, even if it is cute.
>>
File: IMG_20170722_134158.jpg (394KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170722_134158.jpg
394KB, 2048x2048px
>>9570378
When the VM designer was in Europe it was really sad because there were so few people wearing VM. They did release some fully shirred pieces this summer I think.

>don't follow the lolita silhoutte.
Seraphim does have some releases that are the typical silhouette and anyway, lolita is not just about silhouette. I think they target older lolitas who fell in love with the fashion before prints and OTT. They've also been in lolita magazines.

I'm also curious about the quality of Millefleurs, their releases look really nice.
>>
>>9570355

The smaller ones at least are slightly harder to order from -- I'm not even sure where Moon Afternoon or Seraphim's webshop is, Rosa Bianca had a point where they were posting only intermittently, and famous as VM is, you need an SS to order from it, I'm not sure if they even allow Tenso.

Some of them are also not plus-size-friendly, Rosa Bianca, Victorian Maiden, and Miho Matsuda aren't, at least, though VM at least has some shirred stuff.

Physical Drop.... make a lot of full shirring and fat-girl muumuus, so... those are sack dresses, just fat-girl sack dresses.

And h.Naoto is kind of its own category, it makes some really weird and funky dresses that are either the most interesting reason to live, or the worst kind of lolita ever, depending on who's looking at them. Definitely not a thing every beginner can rock, so it's not going to be sought after as often.

The people who complain about plus-sizing and different cuts probably aren't the same girls complaining about prints vs solids, what I've seen is girls want AP to release prints in plus-size/not sack dresses, they aren't really looking for someone to release something that's non-print *and plus size *and differently cut.

The ones complaining about brands focusing too much on prints really just seem to be salty that lolitas are focusing a lot on prints, not the brands. It's not like AP isn't also pumping out solid dresses alongside their prints, people just take a lot less notice of them.
>>
File: IMG_20170722_135918.jpg (80KB, 529x642px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170722_135918.jpg
80KB, 529x642px
>>9570402
>>9570378
Millefleurs wa releases are amazing
>>
File: IMG_20170722_140139.jpg (121KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170722_140139.jpg
121KB, 640x640px
Just found this video on their twitter
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=3bd5P3VbzP8
>>9570417
>>
>>9570399
I feel you, anon. If it's not sweet, it's always classic and kind of OTT. I don't hate sweet, but it's over representation in everything is so strange.

When people say "lolita looks like ageplay and attracts pedophiles" in these comments, I've never heard anyone say that about my gothic lolita coords. If anything people assume I'm just a goth or like them. I've heard normies really like classic as well.
>>
>>9570420
The normies in those comments were reacting to the word lolita
>>
>>9570421
There were plenty calling the look childish as well since the video plainly showcased it.
>>
>>9570422
sure, but the commenters calling it a promotion of pedophilia just because the look is fun and youthful is a big stretch.
>>
Every time someone says age play in the same place as lolita, google puts the two closer together
>>
>>9570425
It's obviously a combination of the name and the way the fashion looks, but I think that if a similar video was made for gothic lolita people would not be so quick to jump to pedophilia accusations. In any case, that's why when people ask what I'm wearing I just tell them it's gothic fashion. The word lolita does us no good.
>>
File: 1500356788361.jpg (124KB, 660x471px) Image search: [Google]
1500356788361.jpg
124KB, 660x471px
>>9568501

Meant to post this for anon in the last thread, but I forgot to translate it:

Lord of the Rings:

Katushya-ï¿¥9000
Ear Cuffs-ï¿¥6200
Corsage-ï¿¥10000
etoffe et soeur one piece-ï¿¥30000
Brand: m.soeur

Legend of King Arthur:

Fiona Head Necklace-ï¿¥9500
Cross Necklace-ï¿¥4600
Vintage Style Blouse-ï¿¥12000
Asymmetrical Volume Organdy Skirt-ï¿¥15000
Brand: LA BELLE ETUDE

Gloves-ï¿¥5600
Brand: Lumiebre
>>
>>9570448
Thank you!
>>
When something sells out on the btssb there's an option to ask them to check the stores if the item is still available. Can international buyers take advantage of that or jp buyers only? I've ordered from baby before but never using that method and I'm willing to use my SS, but only if I have to.
>>
Only 2 secrets this week??
>>
>>9570220
Yah especially AP's jewelry. Not worth bragging about the price of that. ._.
>>
>>9570212
Yeah who gives the fuck about a basic bitches opinion?
>>
>>9570212
Which is funny cus a pair of jeans, that normies buy, can cost $300
>>
>>9570382
I can't decide if I want to call my style EGL, otona alice or alice deco
>>
>>9570402
>>9570378

Millefleurs is awesome. They (along with Excentrique) are the only ones to use steel boning in their corseted pieces. They have a pretty small range of cuts, but they constantly release different colors and materials. Solid craftsmanship, solid materials. 9/10 would buy again
>>
>>9570501
Definitely seconding. I love Millefleurs.
>>
>>9570466
>The old thing is finally dying.
Good.
>>
>>9570462

It's open to international buyers, or at least, it was open when I used it a few years ago.

How: use the same format and instructions as the one for email order:
https://sewaikosew.tumblr.com/

Do note that if you ask them to look, you're committing to a sale. If they find it, you must buy it, so you could end up paying shipping on a single headbow if the matching dress isn't available. I'm not sure if you can tell them you only want the headbow if the dress is available.
>>
>>9570504

Jesus, I'm a sperg

http://www.babyssb.co.jp/overseas/the-method-of-a-mail-order/
>>
File: 01.gif (20KB, 290x387px) Image search: [Google]
01.gif
20KB, 290x387px
VM and Beth have happy bags up
>>
>>9570221
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=super+deluxe+macaron+lolita

>>9570270
I don't think thin hair itself is a problem, but rather that you have to take the time to style it to make it look good with lolita.
I like wigs because you don't have to worry about getting touchups. This girl's hair looks good freshly dyed but it'll fade out and her roots will grow out. I'd rather put the money towards a wig instead of dyeing my real hair.
>>
>>9570240
I love this!!
The design office was my favorite part, the whole team working hard and looking so nice in their coordinates at their desks.
>>
File: 6bbb8138gy1fhq3ltn3bwj22241jitwc.jpg (210KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
6bbb8138gy1fhq3ltn3bwj22241jitwc.jpg
210KB, 1024x767px
>>
>>9570141
If a non AP styled model wore this exact coord it would get ripped apart on here so hard.
>>
Only two secrets this week. They are officially dead.
>>
>>9570640
It already got ripped apart in the last thread tho? Rightfully so, it looks so bad.
>>
>>9570648
That's kind of sad. The end of an era, as it was
>>
>>9570141
>yfw thinking about how to copy this release and make ¥¥¥¥¥
>>
>>9570181
Normies went full retard in the comments
>hurr lolita means a sexual precocious girl
>zomg u promote pedos,it's disgusting durr
And the lolitas reee-ing at them and at the obvious 4channer troll are not helping.
Also I wish they also showed gothic and classic lolitas and not just sweet. I do appreciate sweet but it's not only about that even though it's the most "sensational!1!" Substyle

Sometimes I feel as if I'm surrounded by imbeciles when I see that kind of video
>>
So I just got a large usakumya backpack, does anyone have any tips for helping keep it's head up? It's so large that the weight of the head makes usa slump over. Is that just a thing with them or can I do something?
>>
File: usakumyabackpackLogo.png (3MB, 1333x1600px) Image search: [Google]
usakumyabackpackLogo.png
3MB, 1333x1600px
>>9570717
If yours looks like this then it's just how usakumyas are.
>>
>>9570212
>Go to cosplay meetup back when dinosaurs roamed the earth (in a park, I was 16)
>Have been looking at lolita online for a long time but hesitated on buying any
>Girl shows up literally wearing AP jsk with no blouse or socks, just shoes and wig, as "Lolita -character-"
>Still fawn over the dress because I'd literally never seen brand up close before
>"Wow it's so gorgeous the colors are awesome and the lace and -"
>"Yeah it better be awesome. It cost me 350 dollars."
>"But it's totally worth it for brand right?"
>"Go away, I don't want to talk to you."
>Go back to sit with my friends, dumbstruck
>And that's why I didn't wear lolita until I was in my 20s
TL;DR yeah same
>>
>>9570740
Well, she was rude but you were being pretty cringey too. I wouldn't want to talk to you either.
>>
>>9570519
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=super+deluxe+macaron+lolita
Did you actually look what that brought up? A bunch of Facebook links. Again, you have to log in to view. As if I didn't already try that.
>>
>>9570758
nayrt but I literally just looked up "super deluxe macaron" and got a watchable result that isn't on FB. use common sense and stop expecting people to spoonfeed you, you lazy fuck.
>>
>>9570760
>Google results are the same for every user in every country
Sorry, but I didn't get any results with the video. I literally said that in the previous post.
>>
>>9570757
She was fine, do you never get excited about lolita?
>>
>>9570391
That's a really good idea, actually. Sounds like you're on the red carpet at some fancy event, that's a bonus in my eyes.
>>
>>9570757
People who have been in the fashion for a long time are some of the worst to talk to about it. They're completely jaded and it's like they don't even care about what they have on. It's literally just clothing to them.

What's the point of still going if the magic is gone?
>>
>>9570760

Actually I have the same issue.

Is this the right video?

https://twitter.com/superdeluxe/status/888405713101266946

I have to ask because googling "super deluxe macaron" gave me some weird ass list of videos about people eating macarons and throwing up and this being 4chan I can't tell if that's what other anon actually posted.
>>
>>9570766
The reason you can't get any help here is because other anons are dumb. That's what the spoonfeeding meme really is. It's an excuse to not help people because they can't actually help you.
>>
>>9570848
Yes, that's the video.
>>
File: 1452056416276.png (344KB, 392x586px) Image search: [Google]
1452056416276.png
344KB, 392x586px
>>9570848
Good to see idiots shitting up the replies on twitter too.
>Your daily reminder that sexualizing children is NOT ok.
>sexualizing children
bitch where
>>
>>9570710
Every time I see people claim that lolita fashion is about attracting pedophiles because Lolita is the name of a ~teenage seductress~ I hope they suffer an embarrassing skin disease. At least read the book you're hitting others over the head with, you ignorant philistines!
>>
>>9570851

Alrighty, thanks for confirming.
>>
>>9570848
Thanks anon. My results were pretty unrelated with the first few being Facebook links to the video.
>>
>>9570859

Just leave nice comments on his everything. If we're nice enough maybe he'll do another lolita look. I'd love to see him take on classic Moitie blue and black.

At least we don't have to stoop to the level of ree-ing back at the idiot memelords. Let them look like the clueless idiots all by themselves.
>>
>>9570877
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>9570877
>>9570878
Good god, what's wrong with her face?
>>
>>9570880
>her
>>
>>9570877
>>9570878
That's a replica of Meta anon.
>>
>>9570886
Is it? A replica of what piece?
>>
File: MetaSailorSet2012.jpg (13KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
MetaSailorSet2012.jpg
13KB, 300x350px
>>9570901
Pic related. Obviously the pieces weren't sold as an actual set but were released together as a collection.
>>
>>9570740
God, I think it's the opposite of "when you get into it too long you get jaded". It's girls who've only been into lolita for less then 3 years that are really cringy and bitchy like that. They also tend to act like they know everything about the fashion from little experience.

If I had someone approach me like that, asking about "brand" and "the lace" quality, I'd immediately talk to them about it. They clearly know something about the fashion and are excited. It's when you get called "Little Bo Beep" or something is when you learn to ignore.
>>
>>9570847
I feel the opposite way
>>
>>9570467
Someone was bragging about how AP jewelry was SO EXPENSIVE like SIXTY DOLLARS and the woman basically replied back like "sixty dollars for costume jewelry thats a rip off"
>>
>>9570929
I mean it may be not the best quality but I sincerely think the people who complain about this openly are bitter poorfags. You're paying for the design and the name and to complete a set.
>>
wtf is this AP
>>
File: 2322.png (243KB, 494x874px) Image search: [Google]
2322.png
243KB, 494x874px
fucking kek
>>
>>9570932
I feel like if you remove the red ribbons this would be really cute.
>>
>>9570417
Wait is this a new release?
>>
>>9570239
They only did some of their dresses there.
>>
>>9570937
>I'm a fashion theorist
>supports wearing knockoffs when meeting fashion designers
>lol k
Side note: Those shoes aren't actually replicas as far as I can tell, I'm just salty about this inane comment.
>>
File: superdeluxemacaronlolitavideo.png (170KB, 1266x672px) Image search: [Google]
superdeluxemacaronlolitavideo.png
170KB, 1266x672px
>>9570181
>>9570221
Bit late to the party but here's a selection from the smorgasboard of shit for those that can't see it.

It's especially disappointing that the comments are like 50% hostility and trolls and 50% lolitas jumping into defend themselves, while making things worse by unironically throwing words like "normies" around and making unsubstantiated claims that the word lolita definitely 100% no way never had any ties to the book in the midst of fashion history and was just picked because it sounds cute as a massive coincidence, like that's totally something that we can prove (rather than that it may have been called that because it's a childish style or w/e, possibly by outsiders, but the fashion has evolved since then and its wearers don't wear it as a fetish). I went through about 200 comments and there were only a handful of neutral-positive comments from ordinary people.

>>9570982
They're Queen Bee replicas (or possibly factory seconds), you can see the Queen Bee logo on the shoes in the picture.
>>
>>9568626
>>9569155
How tall are you? Tbh that probably matters more than bust alone, especially since nearly everything AP releases is high-waisted these days. Bigger boobs make the waistline ride up, so the closer you are to the max the shorter you need to be for a high-waisted cut to flatter you. For example, British Bear's OP is listed as 92cm max but it's so shortwaisted that I think it'd look like shit on anyone with a 92cm bust that's taller than about 5'0". I'm 5'4" with a long torso and at 91cm bust it fits fine widthways and doesn't feel tight, but the waistline is partway down my boobs instead of actually under the bust so it looks awkward from the side. When I bought it I weighed less and had an 86cm bust but still had the same issue - I think a taller girl would need to be almost completely flat to pull it off.

Pulled these off the first few pages of the Instagram tag so it's not me, but here's what I mean:
>fitting properly
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQnAyvWgdJV/?tagged=britishbear
https://www.instagram.com/p/BT30ITPgwcY/?tagged=britishbear (just)
>fitting awkwardly
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV2IRkkh1VX/?tagged=britishbear
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVweJwEDA8z/?tagged=britishbear
>>
File: IMG_5046.jpg (3MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5046.jpg
3MB, 2048x2048px
>>9570181
Is this the same girl? I follow her on instagram but the difference is huge to see her irl.
She's still cute, but I wish people wouldn't shoop themselves into uncanny valley.
>>
>>9570430
dropping real facts, anon.
>>
>>9571072
if it is, she's the same person who came into the insta thread claiming she doesn't shoop

much kek
>>
File: portrait-photography-angles.jpg (52KB, 570x413px) Image search: [Google]
portrait-photography-angles.jpg
52KB, 570x413px
>>9571072
The left picture looks like it's taken from a high upper angle, while the right looks like it's taken from a low angle.
>>
>>9570912
This. All my lolita friends that have been into the fashion for 7+ years are the most fun to talk to. We talk about old releases that we want/have, comparisons to new stuff and current trends, and everyone is generally really excited and happy to just talk about the fashion. Newer members are all either cringy edgelords or attention whores, and try to cover the fact that they know jack shit about the fashion by acting aloof and jaded.
>>
File: pls.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
>>9571072
lol holy shit you're right
>>
File: 33.png (362KB, 735x407px) Image search: [Google]
33.png
362KB, 735x407px
>>9571072
It might help to compare a screencap with a similar angle. It's still high angle vs low angle like the other anon said, but I think she looks a lot closer in the opening clips. Obvious cheek slimming and beautycam going on and her wig cuts off half her face too, which her thin hair isn't able to do.
>>
>>9570430
Word.

So if you classic/gothic master-races want to stay forever away from that connotation, stop fucking using that word. Otherwise your precious Iron Gate and Queen's Coach will forever be lumped in the same boat as Dreamy Baby Room. The horrors.
>>
>>9570717
you could put a tiny stitch on the head by each strap, invisible if you happen to sell later on
>>
>>9571095
>>>9570758
I run into her IRL regularly, it really just is a horribly unflattering angle.
>>
>>9570859
>Your daily reminder that sexualizing children is NOT ok.
Fuck this I hate tumblr and how suddenly everything is "sexualizing children". Probably the ones who say this are the one doing it already.
I specially hate when they say "dialy reminder".
>>
>>9570860
>Every time I see people claim that lolita fashion is about attracting pedophiles because Lolita is the name of a ~teenage seductress~ I hope they suffer an embarrassing skin disease. At least read the book you're hitting others over the head with, you ignorant philistines!
Exactly. Lolita (the child) wasn't seductive. It was the guy who was fucked in the head. I really hate this kind of people.
>>
File: 224234.jpg (45KB, 450x236px) Image search: [Google]
224234.jpg
45KB, 450x236px
>>9571126
>>
>>9571095
she looks pretty much the same here desu
>>
>>9571105
What the hell are you talking about with this master race stuff, sweet-chan? People are going to say that no matter what. It's ironically other sweet lolitas insulting sweet lolitas. I don't even pay attention to AP releases nor care to comment on them. It's just a big pastel blur to those of us who are outside of sweet.
>>
>>9571072
she posted this coord to COF a while back. I couldn't recognize her by her face, only her outfit.
>>
>>9571142
I always hear sweet girls saying how it's only gothics or classics calling it ageplay, but it seems like that shit's coming from other sweets 99% of the time. If it's not, it's the OTT classic newfag girls.
>>
>>9571147
It's interesting to see how square her jaw actually is compared to what shops it to.
>>
>>9571150
as a sweet, this is pretty true. it's usually other sweets throwing a hissy fit about how people who wear sweet a certain way give normies "the wrong idea" about what lolita is. then the same people turn around and say things like, "who cares what normies think!!!"

they're so desperate to dodge the fetish label that they stick it on other people who dress just like them.
>>
>>9571147
Lol that shrunken left elbow... Your bones would be bigger than that shoop
>>
>>9571183
>t. fatty
>>
>>9571194
>t. zekia
>>
>>9570466
>>9570503
This is hilarious considering a bunch of anons + one of the mods flipped their shit after an anon said BTB was dying and wanted to make a new platform. Though a new platform probably couldn't even revive it.
>>
>>9570378
I have a dress by seraphim, but I got it secondhand from closetchild, so I can't speak to ordering from them. The quality of the dress is beautiful, and all the details are really lovely. Seraphim is definitely more historical/otome/natural kei influenced, so one thing to note is that their waistlines are REALLY high and loose, and I think many of their dresses are meant to drape more like 1970's gunne sax victorian inspired pieces. I like to wear a belt with my dress to drop the waistline and make it more fitted. My point is that they can work as lolita with the right accessories and styling, but tend to veer towards other styles.
>>
>>9571204
>i-i'm not fat!!! you're selfpposting!!
>>
>>9571217
at 5'2 and 85 lbs, i don't have to shoop myself skinny :^)
>>
>>9571183
Anon, her face looks different, but her body looks exactly the same in the video...
>>
>>9571219
i'm 5'2" and 20 pounds stay salty :^)
>>
>>9571222
im 4'5" and weigh 150 grams, try again hamplanet
>>
>>9571243
3'9'' and 10 grams, stop stretching my brand
>>
>>9570141
What dress is this?
>>
>>9571222
>>9571243
>>9571246
Nayrt, but I'm 1/12 dollhouse size and my waist is so small I get my dresses specially sewn by especially skilled Tibetan monks using microscopes.
>>
>>9571219
My waist call only be seen with an electron microscope sweety :^)
>>
>>9571130

I like how with high school kids tumblr's all like "omg don't sexualise children." Bitch these horny dogs sexualise themselves.
>>
>>9571268
Apparently the local kindergarten had to have a "no twerking" rule at their dance-a-thon afternoon.
>>
>>9571147
>>
File: focallengtharticle.jpg (266KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
focallengtharticle.jpg
266KB, 600x453px
>>9571095
While I don't doubt that she does mild adjustments to her own photos like skin smoothing or removing eyebags, lighting and lens length means everything when it comes to how your face is distorted on camera. There is a difference between iPhone and DSLR, natural light and studio light.
>>
>>9571289
>it's just the camera distorting her
>mild adjustments
>knifejaw
please
>>
Zekia is a coslita. Can we stop sitting up this thread with Photoshop talk?
>>
>>9570929
Last time I referred to AP jewellery as costume jewellery a girl in my comm flipped her shit, telling me I don't know what I'm talking about and I'm not a true lolita etc. etc.
It's made of plastic. It can be the most amazing plastic jewellery in the world, but if it's made of plastic instead of precious metals and stones then it's fucking costume jewellery. It's not an insult, just a subcategory. Jeez.
>>
>>9571072
>>9571147
Fuck off with your vendetta. It's super obvious she shoops, you don't have to bring it up all the time.
>>
>>9571351
>pointing out somebody shoops
>vendetta
>>
>>9571089
plus circle lenses
>>
>>9571317

>tfw Dior jewellery is chucked under "costume jewellery" category on eBay and costs way more than $60
>>
>>9571354
ah yes, circle lenses change the shape of my chin too
>>
>>9570717
That's just how they're made unfortunately. I put safety pins from the straps to the back my mines head to it sits better
>>
>>9571292
Look at the difference between 24mm and 160mm anon. Lens length and angle makes a huge difference.
>>
>>9571353
Are you new or were you lucky enough to have not been in a thread where Zekia selfposted before this one?
>>
>>9571353
It's vendetta because you bring it up and drag it out whenever possible. No one without vendetta cares this much. Make your own thread instead of shitting up the general.
>>
>>9571353
Go post about your vendetta on lolcow. They have a thread in /ot/ dedicated to shitting on shoops.
>>
>>9571371
It doesn't explain why she looks significantly better in her selfies vs. professional studio lighting and equipment.
She edits. It's okay. Many people do. I enlarge my eyes in meitu, too. Just fucking own up to it and no one will care. Denying it when its this obvious will just turn her into the next kotakoti.
>>
>>9571372
this, every time she used to post in any selfpost threads, there would be tons of vendetta against her and the other pineberry girl. it's obvious at this point.
>>
>>9571378
NAYRT but don't get too bothered about it. She's just another one of those Asian cosers who have issues accepting that she looks like a person instead of a flawless BJD and make up for it by shooping every photo to hell and back.

And we should stop posting about her because
1) it'll get the thread deleted for singling her out
2) this is still giving her the attention she craves, even if it is negative.
>>
>>9571381
I'm fairly certain that it's just one vendetta anon shitting on them both. Their only arguement is focused around "b-but muh shoop!"
Although to be fair, Zekia looks similar to how she looked in the video while the other girl looked completely ugly both in her edited and unedited photos.
>>
>>9571378
It kind of does though. Her selfies are focused mainly on her face and she knows what angles make her look good. The video is focused mainly on her hair and the stylist, so the angle isn't flattering for her face.
IIRC, she has admitted she shoops before too, so I'm not seeing the issue here.
>>
>>9571406
>angle isn't flattering for her face.
>IIRC, she has admitted she shoops before too, so I'm not seeing the issue here.
Nayrt, but you're just agreeing with the other anon. She shops.
Pretty sure most are mad about it because she continues to do it and gets likes for being a totes real kawaii Asian.
>>
>>9571415
What? The anon I was replying to was saying how she denies it and doesn't own up to editing. She's said she's edited before, just not to the extent that anons accuse her of (i.e, so much that she looks completely different in person).
That doesn't change the fact that the video is taken from an unflattering angle. Most people look better in selfies than they do in pictures taken by other people, because they know what looks the best for them (and because they can take 50 selfies and cherrypick the best one).
>>
>>9571420
>just not to the extent that anons accuse her of (i.e, so much that she looks completely different in person).
I disagree anon. The person she photoshopped herself to be is the same cute Asian they all shop themselves to be when in reality she's average Asian with distinguishing features. Ie not the perfect v line jaw, large eyed, perfect nose girl that every female Asian wants to be. She shops herself to look exactly like that Chinese cosplayer/lolita model that also shops to hell and back.
>>
>>9571406
I never understood why admitting you Photoshop means anything. Anyone with eyes can tell. Anyone who gets hung up on that in this day in age is living in the past. No one posts a selfie anymore without some filter or beauty app.

My only issue is when they get hired for gigs like this but don't look anything like their online pics. I think she's cute in real life and in even her edited pics, so it's fine.
>>
>>9571423

I'm sorry you have image issues to the point you have to project them onto other people.
>>
>>9571425
I said the opposite of that. What is reading comprehension?
>>
>>9571421
All you have to do is look at her photos though. The ones she posts are of the same angle, which is likely her most flattering one. It's not much of a surprise that she looks worse from an angle she never posts. She's definitely recognizable in the comparison here >>9571095 where the angles are more similar. The rest is your opinion, I guess.
>>
Lolita general: azn cosplayer edition
>>
>>9571431

>no one posts a selfie anymore without a filter or a beauty app

Is one hell of an assumption. Possibly projection.
>>
>>9571448
Do you have autism? Why are you taking that so literally?
>>
What if we had a thread about clothes instead of cosplayers and age play? >>9570430 is right
>>
File: LUL.jpg (181KB, 1219x813px) Image search: [Google]
LUL.jpg
181KB, 1219x813px
>>9571275
>>
>>9570957
That one is from February and they have had others after that, but they're all sold out, in the video she says "there's only like one of every release"
>>
>>9570860
This. Idiots, all of them.
>>
>>9570355
I notice that Rosa Bianca has a lot of replicas on taobao and whatnot, it's really disheartening to see because the originals on the site are so much more beautiful. Also since you seem well versed, are moon afternoon jsks really cut that high or are they tied up to be empire waist? I really love their prints because they're really different from popular brands but I look hideous in high cut jsks. I really hope they're just tied that way
>>
>>9570932
Dat exposure...I can't see where the frilly collar stops and the mannequin begins
>>
>>9570355
I highly prefer non-printed dresses, but I have no trouble finding them. Millefleurs and Atelier Pierrot are some favourites. Atelier Boz has some nice stuff too. But even when I look at BTSSB, AatP, and even AP has some solid coloured, fabric focused dresses I love. In fact, AP has some of my favourites of the three, and I wear only gothic nowadays. But when they release an all black lacemonster, it's awesome!

h.Naoto has his frill line. When I see the dresses themselves I feel they look messy, but I've seen a few coords I like with them. I think they might be hard to pull off, and with gothic being the smallest of the big styles (and most gothic lolita's seem to focus oldschool or a dark/classic gothic mix), they are just not as popular.

VM I see being sought after a lot, see them asked for more often then Mary Magdalene. Both having horribly small sizes. I think that's the only reason you hear less about them, less people fit it.

If you check Atelier Pierrots his webstore, there are also a few other brands like Marble and Sheglit that have many solid pieces.

I think indeed many complain more about the focus of the community that the focus of the brands, or a newfags who haven't checked the stores themselves and are blindly talking on the coords they see posted.
>>
>>9570355
I love the dress on the left, had no idea Physical Drop made that kind of stuff too
>>
>>9571093
The one in the video seems to have a much bigger jawline than the two bottom pictures tho? The Nier Automata compared to the two upper pictures show the jawline is different from front view too. Her eyebrows also seem to be slightly closer on the bottom pictures, and I think the nose is a slight bit wider too, but that might be the lighting+make-up.
>>
>>9571652
It's a different girl you tard
>>
File: e21abcb7f4.jpg (140KB, 750x1338px) Image search: [Google]
e21abcb7f4.jpg
140KB, 750x1338px
what are you thoughts on mixing modern/normie trends with lolita?
>>
>>9571688
It honestly depends on the trend. If it's a trend I like I often end up adopting it without consciously thinking about it, but if it's a trend I dislike (tattoo chokers, cutesy bondage shit) then I'm going to hate every coord that incorporates it.
>>
>>9571688
I'm usually for it (such as pointy shoes with classic and gothic coords) or toning down the makeup/hair. But those shoes are really killing my vibe here.
>>
>>9571697
I hate the shoes too, but I used that picture because I feel like every girl I know has those socks right now.
>>
>>9571247
seconding this
>>
>>9571688
bad
>>
File: 1498366290717.jpg (2MB, 2048x2730px) Image search: [Google]
1498366290717.jpg
2MB, 2048x2730px
>>9571675
It's the same girl.

>>9571652
She shooped her jaw smaller and her eye bigger in the Nier one, which is why her eyebrow is closer to her eye.
Pic related is the Nier shooped by the photographer to smooth out her skin, remove blemishes and flyaway strands on her wig, correct lighting, add special effects, etc. but without shooping her face/body vs. shooped by Zekia
>>
>>9571688
As long as it doesn't ruin the cohesiveness of the coord then I don't mind.
>>
>>9571849
STOP YOU INSUFFERABLE CHODE
>>
>>9571090
Acting aloof and jaded is my armor against the world anon. When even at a meet the convo goes into shit you don't want my opinions on, of course I'm going to distance myself.
>>
>>9571849
Holy fuck, take your vendetta to a different thread.
>>
>>9571158
I think her real head shape is much cuter, idk why some girls think having a tiny head looks good. It only makes your body look large and awkward in proportion. A square jaw can be pretty kawaii if you have feminine facial features, imo.
>>
>>9571849
stop reposting shit from lolcow in the lolita general. you already got called out for vendetta over there; at least make a photoshop thread and spam that one instead

>>9571688
it's fine as long as it looks right. the shoes wouldn't look out of place if the coord matched, but those socks have to go.
>>
>>9571509
I cri myself to sleep then
>>
>>9571093
Honestly she should just stop it.
Sure her face is more round/square, but her face and features are nice without all the excessive shoop.
>>
>>9570932
It's cute, but looks more like an outfit for some kind of event or something an akibahara maid would wear
>>
>>9570355
VM is most of my wardrobe and I'm a lonelita. I suspect most of the plainer brands are more popular with older/lonelitas because it's far easier to wear those brands daily/outside of meets.

It used to get way the hell more exposure in the lj egl days because print wasn't king back then. And yeah, what everyone else said about sizing, but it's what I love the most about the brand.
>>
>>9571675
Thank you for calling me a tard for being right while people where discussing if it was the same person or not. Seems it is but with too much Photoshop (creating the differences I saw), so you're the one who's wrong here...
>>
>>9571849
Alright thanks. Now I know why I saw the difference.
>>
>>9570757
>Shows up to meetup as "Lolita anime character"
>Not as cringey as someone complimenting a pretty dress
Ok
>>
>>9572032
>going up to a stranger and talking their ear off
>not cringey
>>
>>9572038
The point of going to a meetup for a common interest is to meet new people.
>>
>>9571147
It's sad that this shoop looks worse than her in the video. She looks very cute in the vid already.
>>
>>9570280
Facebook wasn't deleting groups that had the name Lolita in it; it was found that the groups had linked to Hellolace which was taken over as a spam site so groups linked to it were being removed.
>>
>>9572046
you're going to a cosplay meetup, they're not likely to want to talk about lolita
coming off too familiar with someone you don't know is also really offputting
>>
>>9572082
>>9570280

Oops, sorry, misread your comment, overlooked the "thought" part.
>>
Did anyone ever find out what happened with those lolita clothes that were up on the goodwill site?
Was it confirmed that the girl had died or something?
>>
>>9570419
I love all of her hauls. so nice to see someone other than sweet out there
>>
>>9571688
It can occasionally work, but mostly looks off
>>
>>9570141
This is horrible
>>
This video kind of pissed me off because he insinuated that people only dress up in lolita to compensate for something they are lacking or to fill a video. Starts at 8:35

https://youtu.be/lWM2kqdP1bc
>>
>>9572200
*fill a void
>>
File: model.png (21KB, 494x219px) Image search: [Google]
model.png
21KB, 494x219px
Just went up. Get those applications in!
>>
>>9571639
>>9570355
You're both wrong IMO. The reason most people I know rarely buy/support those brands is because the prices are as high or higher than big brands like AP (because they're indies with higher overheads), yet are extremely difficult to resell for anywhere near what you paid. There are a lot of girls in my comm that wear solids, myself included, but people mostly go for things like second-hand BtSSB or IW on sale or even Taobao because it's cheaper and easy to resell close to cost if it turns out to not fit you. People only tend to buy high-price new solids when it's a piece so iconic they know they could get close to retail for it - stuff like Atelier Pierrot's corset dresses or some Mary Magdalene and Moitie pieces which retain value well.

Like yeah, lots of people have no qualms dropping $300+ for multiple AP dresses, but most of those people only do it because they know they can sell the same dresses for $250-400. Prints in general you probably won't make more than a 30-50% loss on. But you could easily buy a $300 Physical Drop or Sheglit dress and not even be able to find a buyer for $100, because prints aren't that popular and valued in the wider community.

>>9571072
She's cute to in the video so it shouldn't be necessary, I hate it when Asian cosplayers shoop so heavily, it looks freaky.
>>
>>9571688
In the example posted, I love the mixture. It's very cool and editorial. However, I second the notion that it can be hit or miss.
>>
>>9572217
Anyone have good pointers on taking good head/body shots for the application? I really want to be chosen for BTSSB- should I wear minimal makeup for my headshot?
>>
>>9572217
>have to buy a badge to be a model and work for the con
jesus fuck, i thought PMX was cheap for only giving you a day pass
>>
>>9572322

My applications have been the most successful when my body shots are in lolita. I never send in pictures in normal clothing unless they request it. Good lighting and (obviously) flattering poses really help!

For the head shot, do lolita/ brand appropriate makeup and don't photoshop yourself to be unrecognizable. They want to see how you really look like. Every show I've been in, there is usually at least one girl that barely looks like her submission photos.

Also, submit accurate body measurements and heights, because if you lie and they place you in a coord to small/short/long/etc. for you, it's a pain for everyone involved.
>>
>>9572339
Really? That's surprising to me, I would think that they would want a picture in tighter fitting clothing so they can actually see your body. But good to know, and thanks for the input!
>>
>>9572326
I've been a model for several cons that don't even give you a badge for modelling, not even a one day. The only panel you're allowed in is the show.
>>
>>9572344
In most modelling scenarios, they would, but because they are casting to put you in more lolita, a lolita silhouette isn't a bad thing, as they can see if the style is ill-fitting on you... or not.

Good luck!
>>
>>9571688
It can make cute outfits and as long as people say they're a lolita/mainstream trend mix and don't tout them as the future of lolita or w/e I feel okay with it. Hard to pull off well though.
>>
>>9572354
>tout them as the future of lolita
This never happens??
>>
>>9572322
Mint Kismet has a decent blog post about modeling applications: http://mintkismet.blogspot.com/2015/07/modeling-for-j-fashion-brands.html
>>
>>9570355
did any of these you listed ever make plus size friendly stuff? not trolling, they're firmly intrenched in the "too small to even consider" section of lolita but i might just be missing something.
>>
File: _20170724_074829.jpg (127KB, 720x898px) Image search: [Google]
_20170724_074829.jpg
127KB, 720x898px
>>9572676
The picture you replying to one of the dresses obviously has full shirring. The designer+owner of Physical Drop caters to plus size.
>>
>>9572676
H.naoto, victorian maiden, millefleurs and physical drop have fully shirred skirts or dresses. Don't know about the other brands mentioned.
>>
File: 701056_01_01 (1).jpg (285KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
701056_01_01 (1).jpg
285KB, 1080x1080px
>>9572289
ntayrt but Miho Matsuda is actually relatively cheap, I was surprised when I checked it out today. They have a bunch of stuff on sale too and the cutsews are really cheap. For a lot of pieces it's noticeable that they've used cheaper materials though so YMMV.

>>9572676
Physical Drop are well-known for making plus-size friendly stuff and they were the first brand listed, their designer is chubby.

>>9572639
What about those threads on neo lolita where people were saying if people didn't accept normie trend items the fashion would die?
>>
File: 1393263701122.jpg (78KB, 535x799px) Image search: [Google]
1393263701122.jpg
78KB, 535x799px
>tfw IW confirms your $400 order of gorgeous sale items and you don't know whether to cry for joy or weep at your wallet
>>
>>9570355
On the topic of forgotten brands, I know MM is popular among the classic crowd, but it's absolutely fallen off. Did something happen to the designer? Do we even know the people behind the brand? Also, wasn't there quality issues with a rerelease from them?
>>
>>9572200
People always come up with bullshit reasons as to why you're dressed out of the norm, most of the time it's things along these lines.
>Oh you're just trying to compensate for something
>You probably don't look nice in normal clothes
>You're just looking for attention
It's nothing new and nothing to get riled up about.
>>
>>9572921
>>9572200
What this guy said about his expectation of lolitas said more about him then anyone else. His whole video is cringy lamentation on his weeb past, accusing people who'd have a katana collection of being a weeb with no personallity and wasting money. Whole video is projection of himself onto others.
>"these girls wear cute and demure clothes so they can act however they want"
>aka I expect cute little japanese girls in kawaii pinku clothing to giggle and squeal for me just like my animes. also they dress for me and my attention, never for themselves
>>
>>9572707
>What about those threads on neo lolita where people were saying if people didn't accept normie trend items the fashion would die?
Do you mean the thread about looking for a term for non-lolita coords like daily ala mode that got ruined by ageplay wankers? Or the thread where someone was sharing Japanese resources and asking ''what do you think this is''?
>>
File: IMG_3635.jpg (195KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3635.jpg
195KB, 500x708px
AP on the cover of the next spoon issue
>>
>>9572953
Is it me or is this a really awkward looking fit? Maybe it's the cut or how it fits on the model, it looks so unflattering and strange.
>>
>>9572953
I'm happy to see a tartan release but come on AP, why have you decided on another high waisted OP?
>>
Probably a weird question,but does anyone know the measurements of any of the "famous" Lolita brand models? Do they fit into all of the releases they model,or do the beads have to alter the dresses for them(temporally making them smaller with pins,or not zipping them all the way up and covering it somehow...)
>>
What are your opinions on brand mini-skirts? Would they qualify to belong in a casual lolita coord? I really fancy them, but I feel they're more suitable for fairy kei or other jfashions.
>>
>>9572969
They qualify as lolita
>>
>>9572969
good for casual lolita unless you're too tall for them to be passable, which is most people
>>
>>9572996
this isn't really a mini skirt, anon. meta's mini is AP regular lenght
>>
File: PolkaDotChocolateSK.jpg (91KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
PolkaDotChocolateSK.jpg
91KB, 340x255px
>>9572996
Anon means things like pic related.
>>
>>9572996
I was thinking more about AP's miniskirts, like the 2013 Milky Planet one, or the Dreamy Horoscope one.
>>
>>9572217
Is BTSSB really strict about measurements? Esp concerning waist measurement?
>>
>>9573012
Maybe don't assume everyone immediately thinks of AP when you post something. I think AP's mini skirts also work for lolita though. Milky Planet is only like 3-4 cm shorter than some of my gothic lolita skirts, and it's actually longer than some of my ''old school'' skirts.
>>
>>9571247
New AP Halloween print.
>>
>>9572322
>>9572344
>>9572352
This. Last time I sent in an app, it was for Baby and all the pics I sent in were in Baby so they could see how I looked in their clothes. I got chosen, not sure if it helped but I like to think it did.

>>9573016
It depends. Some larger girls got put into full-shirring pieces so it might just depend on their dresses that season and if you fit their look otherwise.
>>
>>9572147
Some gull won them and posted pictures of bloodstaining in the lining of a jsk.
>>
>>9573037
Holy shit, where was this posted?
>>
>>9573039
In the last thread.
>>
Baby, baby, baby, nooooo
>>
>>9573043
>when the musical reference is as offensive as the pic.
>>
>>9572969
If you are really tall, don't. I'm 1,80m and normal skirts sit like miniskirts should, and those actual miniskirts won't cover my butt.

I quite like >>9573012 . If you're around 1,60m like the average Japanese woman, I don't see an issue with wearing it in such ways and calling it lolita.
>>
>>9572894

No offense, and I get that a brand that doesn't release much anymore will be dogged by quality issues long after it's over, but afaik the last time MM had huge issues with quality was five years ago. I've bought 3 recent releases from them in the past two years and I've had no problems with construction.

There was a sudden drop off in MM releasing things though and I think some of it was speculated to something personal happening to the designer. But we don't know for sure.
>>
>>9572894
From what a Chinese friend told me, they only release like twice a year by now, only very small quantities. Basically, business is not going good, and when so little money comes it, it's hard to stay in business.

Probably, their sizing with the fact the Japanese woman wear lolita less and western woman more, together with that western woman tend to buy a lot secondhand nowadays (with how accessible and cheap the Japanese second hand market is) is more to blame.
>>
>>9573039
it wasn't
>>
>>9573043
Cute to me.
>>
>>9573071
I think it would be cute with less ribbons. I swear, the designers at baby sometimes don't know how to edit
>>
EVERYTHING I TRY TO BUY FROM IW FUCKING SOLD OUT. EVERY TIME REEEEEEEEEE

Annette jsk, lucky packs, and now a nice double breasted button jsk underbust style that was really cheap on sale. Fucking fuck. I have never seen one of them secondhand either, I held off buying a similar one last year because I thought it would be easy to find secondhand with how many times that style has been released. Wish I could find more of those nice solids either secondhand or on sale. I hate most IW prints lately and that seems to be all anyone is selling
>>
>>9573092
My sympathies, anon.
I hate how their mail ordering system works because I've had entire orders (granted, all discounted items) canceled on me.
>>
>>9573100

I once ended up with only one pair of socks despite ordering 2 JSK, a blouse, and 3 pairs of socks.

I didn't have the balls to ask to cancel the order fearing I'd be blackmailed, so I ended up paying $45 total for socks.
>>
>>9573092
I never sell my solid IW pieces because I can't even get 100-150 for it. Trade only.
>>
>>9573100
That could happen with any system
>>
>>9573112
>blackmailed
>>
>>9573127

Oh gosh I meant blocked.

This is what happens when you write on 4 hours of sleep.
>>
>>9573125
Oh yes, that's true; I was just relating to anon's frustrations with IW in particular.
>>
File: blouse.jpg (14KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
blouse.jpg
14KB, 250x333px
When will Lolibrary return from the war?

I'm trying to find out the name of this blouse, I had put it in the closet feature on Lolibrary. Does anyone happen to know its name?
>>
>>9571219
I'm 6'2" and 10 pounds, you mad?
>>
Did anyone see the RC post about someone trying to dig up dirt on Haenuli copying this morning?

OP thought that Haenuli's LJ being deleted meant that they had a copyright violation.
>>
>>9573217
Correction, it was RC:U.
>>
>>9573305
u wot mate
>>
>>9573305

Take your meds anon.
>>
Can anyone tell me how AP's tights fit on taller people? I've never bought tights from them before but I'm considering it, but I'm not sure how much I'm gonna end up stretching out the design since I'm somewhere around 5'7", maybe a bit taller.
>>
>>9573323
Not well at all. The design with definitely either warp or fade. Stick with OTKs or turn the tights into otks.
>>
>>9573323
I'm 5'6" at 115 with long legs and while the print doesn't warp much on the lower half the crotch hangs super low and I have to wear spandex over my tights to keep them held up.
>>
>>9573331
Shit, that's good to know. Thanks anon.
>>
>>9573305
I don't understand half the words in this post...
>>
>>9573337
Don't worry anon, english is a hard language to learn. I'm sure you'll get there eventually, good on you for learning a second language.
>>
>>9572961
>not zipping them all the way up and covering it somehow...
Ha, always smaller anon. There's no model that's too fat for the clothes. It can be obvious in some cases (I've seen the clips on the back of a model in Otome no Sewing that they forgot to shop out). But usually if they are a good enough model they hide it with placement of their hands/arms.
>>
>>9573339
Thanks but I'm serious. I had to look up negress so I guess that is a racial term (there aren't many africans where I'm from) but what is a Moss Badger?
>>
>>9573346
You are very new to this board or lolita in general, aren't you? Lurk moar
>>
>>9573305
>negress
Wew back to the 1940s with our insults? How refreshing!
>>
>>9573323
Depends on how thick your legs are. I'm at 5'6" 100lbs and I don't have issues with warping. They do stretch pretty well vertically and horizontally though, but like other anon said, wear bloomers or shorts to hold them in place (I have never tried without t b h because I find it uncomfortable without some barrier under my skirts).
>>
How stretchy are Jane Marple socks? Will they work for muscular calves like AP and Meta socks or are they more slender like IW and Baby?
>>
>>9573370
Other anon with the same height here, I've tried without and the crotch kept creeping down
>>
>>9573376
Which pairs do you have? I have holy lantern tights and twinkle sky tights that didn't seem to creep down, but I always wear shorts over them. They didn't seem like they were especially short though unlike some tights I've gotten from China before where it sits so low, I can't even get shorts on.
>>
>>9573386
Why are you trying to deflect your vendetta somewhere else? Assbadger???? Just because she is plus size and POC she gets so much hate, I don't understand.
>>
>>9573372
The ones I have are bigger and way stretchier than AP or Meta socks.
>>
>>9573405
>Just because she is plus size and POC she gets so much hate
>I don't understand.
Do you not know where you are?
>>
>>9570597
Can someone tell me if that's a perfume bag on the right window
>>
File: GiftTagTote-AP.jpg (284KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
GiftTagTote-AP.jpg
284KB, 500x600px
>>9573449
It's this bag: https://lolibrary.org/items/ap-gift-tag-tote-bag
>>
>>9573382
My worst offenders are the Melty Royal Chocolate tights. I own them in all of the colorways so I KNOW it's not just a case of getting a faulty pair.

I have a lot of tights that are from around 2012~2013. My newer pairs aren't as bad, in fact I don't have any issues with my twinkle sky tights which was surprising.
>>
>>9572933
nayrt but don't play dumb. what other anon is describing happens often. a recent example is the yelldown in here >>9556396
>>
>>9573043
the bodice is a little clunky but I adore the soft swiss dot breaking up the check.
wish the exposure wasn't so high so I could see that big ass collar. this is the kind of outrageous dolly stuff I like.

>Baby barely lets me down
>>
>>9573305
can you please take your obvious self-hatred somewhere else?
the vendettas too: Haenuli has nice designs, especially good non-prints, and I'm rooting for her to grow and secure a better, more reliable factory. Mossbadger makes incredible stuff too.
what is your problem with indie designers dude? your nasty saming is pretty uncalled for.
>>
>>9573092
Ugh. I may go back and try again someday to buy something off Mercari, but I swear anytime I see something on there I like, I go to get the link for my SS and it just fucking disappears before my eyes.
>>
>>9571381
>there would be tons of vendetta against her and the other pineberry girl.
maybe if they stopped shooping their faces off, there would be less hate. just a thought. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>9573100
Agreed... I never buy accessories or socks from IW sales because of this. I wonder when those Annette re-release jsk's will hit secondhand market and how much
>>
>>9573610
>i can't control my vendetta
>>
>>9573610
Maybe you should go after magazines or Hollywood for photoshopping instead of putting all this time an energy into going after individual people.
>>
>>9573217
It's actually really upsetting their LJ got suspended! It shows their really old prints in good detail.
>>9573305
Everything about you is stupid and you should feel stupid.
>>
>>9572953
PLEASE COME IN SKIRT
>>
>>9573634
>>9573643
zekia pls
>>
File: AP Winter Prediction.jpg (32KB, 625x833px) Image search: [Google]
AP Winter Prediction.jpg
32KB, 625x833px
>>9572953
Bring on the tartan AP
>>
Can we please stop shitting up RC:U today? Good lord, I think everyone is on their period rn in that group.
>>
>>9573747
You realize she's laughing at people like you, right?
>>
>>9573747
>everyone who doesn't want the lolita general being shit up by vendetta must be defending themselves!
Please leave and make another thread if you really can't control yourself.
>>
>>9573927
At least this thread is almost dead, they won't be able to keep bringing it up unless they want their vendetta to be more obvious than it already is.
>>
>>9573517
That's just retardedness from anons who were surprised to see non-lolita/rulebreaking coords in a thread that was clearly made for that
>>
>>9573759
100% accurate. Good job anon.
>>
I feel like everyone has a reason to be a lolita and they hide it by claiming it's just about clothes
>>
>>9573112
I have a feeling that they are not so harsh about cancellations these days and they understand that nobody will be happy about paying international shipping for a pair of socks. A few years ago they used to ask if the buyer wants replacements or to cancel the order if something sells out. It was never a crime to cancel if most of the order is gone. Now they try to send invoices as fast as they can (and they became faster), but they do not message buyers.
Tip: you can leave them a note in the comments to your order that you would like to cancel if all dresses/skirts/whatever is important sell out.
>>
>>9574028
hell yeah I love the poof of the petticoat
>>
>>9574028
I'm an extra ass bitch, so the extra-ness of it works well for me.
>>
>>9574007
ive had that image saved for months im glad
>>
>>9571616
That's the twist, The dress is part the mannequin
You can't put it on, you can only admire the burando
>>
>>9574028
I started wearing because I collect vintage clothing
>>
Is there anything interesting to read in Melt or is it just pictures?
>>
>>9574028
It's cute and I'm one for quality fashion?
>>
>>9574028
I'd prefer people to look at my clothes than look at my body. i hate getting "checked out" when i'm in normie clothes. at least when i'm in lolita i can hope that the stares are because i look different.
>>
>>9574028
Nice projection there, sis.
>>
>>9572322
When I applied for a Baby/AatP show, the organizers said that wearing Baby or AatP in your full body photo can boost your chances of being chosen. Might have only been applicable for this show, but I think it helps to show that you're a fan of the brand and how your body looks in it.
>>
>>9574038
Never take chances, imo.
>>
>>9573926
>>9573927
>1 min apart
lol ok zekia
>>
>>9574028
Why else would someone participate in any fashion style if NOT for the clothes? Lolita is exactly the type of clothing I like and want to wear and so I do. It's really that simple.
>>
Why are we so retarded? There are three new lolita general threads for fucks sake!
>>
>>9574312
There are two, and only >>9574186 links back to the old general which is this one
>>
>>9574328
>>9574290
>>9574186
>>9574170
>>
>>9574332
Didn't even see the third one because it doesn't have a title. Two out of three are failures.
>>
>>9574005
missing the whole point of this.
the short of this is: anon said some gulls shout that the unwillingness to mix in normie trends and other non-traditional, non-lolita elements will be the death of the fashion.
anon was correct.
>>
>>9574286
Anon check the time stamp on those posts. They're less than 1 min apart...
>>
File: 1440396566359.png (299KB, 445x450px) Image search: [Google]
1440396566359.png
299KB, 445x450px
>>9574286
>21:09:46
>21:10:39
kek, your vendetta is showing
>>
I'm just waiting for baby's Halloween print
>>
>>9571072
>>9571093
She is still edited. She is not asian. The nose is either plastuc surgery or editing. In person she will look even more different.
>>
>>9570466
Yeah, now that everybody knows that the mods are most likely itas and its not anon people quit posting.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.