[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 20

File: tumblr_ojn9d35og81sfpssdo5_1280.png (296KB, 590x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojn9d35og81sfpssdo5_1280.png
296KB, 590x800px
Lolita and cosplay both welcome!

I'll start with mine
>I don't get all this nostalgia for pastel OTT sweet. It wasn't too long ago (like 3-4 years) when this style was at its peak, so I find it ridiculous.
>>
>I love the more dark and mature looking larme kei but despise the nymph looking one and I think it really damages jfashion.
>Gothic lolita will always be the only one and true lolita for me.
>I hate conlitas and meetlitas and how every single one of them seem to aim to look the most ott.
>I don't care if lolitas smoke or drink even while wearing lolita if they do it with class. If they age faster that's their problem, but it's their wardrove and it's their lives and I rather have a smoking daily lolita than a meet/conlita. I don't smoke or drink though.
>I preffer someone who wears lolita daily even if their wardrove has some taobao than a big brand wardrove and not wearing their pieces at all.
>I don't respect people who only wear bodyline.
>I really don't care about the resale value of dresses and I like selling them for cheaper than they should be. I don't treat my fashion as an investment, I rather even give away nice dresses to newbies who deserve them than selling them to people.
>>
I still think some westerners look weird in sweet lolita.
>>
If you are fat you shouldn't wear Lolita.

If you are fat you need to disclaim that fact on all your sales so you don't sell your stretched out brand to people who are much smaller than you.
>>
>>9568502
This is an unpopular opinion thread
>>
>>9568510
kek
>>
Larme is a bullshit fashion that consists of waifish Japanese girls in overpriced fast fashion clothing.

Most lolitas aren't worth hanging out with.

Westerners tend to look better dressed than their Japanese counterparts, part of this is owed to their anal nitpicking over many, many coordinates.
>>
>>9568483
>I think fandom coordinates are cute if they're done right. I understand that some people might be worried that it will come off as a cosplay instead but as long as everything fits the lolita aesthetic and it is clear that the person is still being themselves and not emulating a character, it's all good. I take it as normies wearing tees of their favorite series.
>I love toy prints. Everybody and their moms hate them cause they look age play-ish but no matter what we wear normies will still assume shit about us so?? I'm gonna wear them anyways I love the pastel sweet aesthetic of them.
>This isn't that unpopular anymore but I'm living for old school black x white coordinates and rectangle headdresses lately.
>I hate the edgelords on CoF who go blouseless for a day and post it with a "fuck lolita rules! lmfao xd" attitude, I'm not against blouseless coordinates but 1. would it kill you to put a bolero over that and 2. lolita has rules for a reason, without them lolita wouldn't be lolita. Stop pretending you can defy the rules and people will still consider your coord lolita, especially if you don't do it right.
>>
>>9568483
I think the cosplay community is too lenient where they should be harsh and too harsh when they should be lenient.

For example, we let people get away with racism, sexism, and other things that wouldn't fly in normal society. For example, a big one right now is blackface. This isn't even a conversation outside of the cosplay community. Yet, it's a controversial opinion here.

And then, we're too harsh on people when they're costumes aren't our ideas of perfect. Oh, what a nice D.Va, but she's not wearing a wig, so she's trash and the worst cosplayer ever. Time to be rude and then hide behind "advice.
>>
>>9568600
You got it all fucking backwards senpai. Social issues are the ones we should not give a flying fuck about in cosplay BUT cosplay quality is what we really should care about. Like what the fuck which issue do you think has anything to do with cosplay at all?? Cosplay quality or social issues? Fuck off from this hobby and take the rest of tumblr tier idiots with you please
>>
>>9568483
I love both UTK's and mini hats, I think they are cute and the hats are really fun.
>>
File: mc-wrong.jpg (127KB, 600x314px) Image search: [Google]
mc-wrong.jpg
127KB, 600x314px
My unpopular opinion for this website is darkening your skin for a cosplay is dumb. If you are cosplaying as a dark skinned character and have light skin, and decide to darken your skin, you will not look right and will look dumb. Inside my head, I will laugh at you because of how retarded you look.

Pic related. she looks terrible The fake nose looks extremely fake, and in real life no one would be fooled into thinking she was black. Can you imagine how good she thought she looked at the time?

I am not even offended. You will look dumb, even with professional make-up. Have you seen RD Jr. in Tropic Thunder? He looked terrible, and looked nothing like a dark skinned person.

Whiteface also applies. You also look retarded.
>>
Lolita doesn't have rules
>>
>>9569039
Cosplay does not exist within a vacuum where nothing outside matters. It's part of real life. So, those social issues still matter. Racists don't stop being racist, just like I don't stop being black, just because we both complain from Pokemon.

And what you guys call costume quality is just nitpicking. I see it all the time. There's an amazing hand made costume. But, the cosplayer opted out of wearing makeup, so let's focus on that instead of the craft and skills. Or, this person is fat/on a budget/a beginner, so let's rip them apart rather than constructing and helping them get better.
>>
>>9569507
I agree that ripping into noobs can be a little harsh at times, but if you have a high tier cosplay and no makeup that's like building a house and leaving off the door. Aesthetically, it degrades the house significantly.
>>
>>9569507
Probably meant *cosplay from Pokemon
>>
>>9569569
Some people don't know how to do makeup or, in my case, have sensitive skin and can't wear 90% of brands.
>>
>>9569645
Then they should invest in some high quality makeup and watch youtube tutorials. Come on, if you're going to put in the effort and expense of hand making an elaborate costume, they can figure out makeup.
>>
>>9569645
Then get into skincare, then. I have an intense propelyne glycol allergy (that shit is in most drugstore brands, and a lot of mid-tier makeup brands as well) and mascara just doesn't fucking work well for me: there's so many alternate ways of doing things (and hypoallergenic, quality products) that there's literally no excuse. Makeup/hair is just as much of an art as costume design, and it's all varying degrees of important when you want to look like a fictional character. Hence why that chick who was only doing a wig/makeup test keeps popping up as op picture of the LoZ cosplay threads. Unpopular opinion you can't just fucking overlook personal grooming issues, and people who can't fucking get their shit together hair/skincare-wise are just as bad in my book as fatties. I'm not talking the occasional breakout, like I get there's actually a hereditary illness involved. I'm talking about people with
>greasy, limp hair
>unhealthy, overprocessed hair
>obvious tanning
>greasy, shiny skin
>"you obviously have no concept of skincare" patchy, dry skin
Not properly taking care of yourself is disgusting. Have you ever seen JNigs real hair/I photoshopped face? Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>9569704
you cant tell if people take good care of their skin or not by looking at them, a lot of it depends on your genes
>>
>>9569689
Those are two different skills and not relevant to one another. Unless you're trying to go pro, makeup is no big deal. In many cases, makeup ruins the costume.

>>9569704
People should be taking care of their skin in general. But, it doesn't matter if they don't wear makeup. Makeup and hair are arts, but not arts everyone wants or needs to learn.

Unpopular opinion: Being fat doesn't ruin a cosplay. They can be just as good. People usually ignore any potential skills with fabric and go straight for their size which is unfair.
>>
>>9569254
spot the ita
>>
>>9569744
Cosplay is about marrying a whole bunch of skills that aren't related to each other. Have you ever watched the credits of a movie and seen how many different people make the costumes? Different people for sewing, for wigs, for makeup, for crafting, for leatherwork, for metalwork, for electronics, for painting, for weathering... Cosplayers do it all. That's part of why it's so impressive. If you can learn to craft elaborate costumes (and I'm talking about like, actual high level costumes that involve a variety of skill sets, not just a cute school uniform), you can learn to do makeup. It's really not that hard. It matters because it's about presenting yourself as an accurate likeness to the character. When you're all done up, a bland, un made up face is gonna look stupid in person and even stupider on camera.
>>
>>9568574
Agreed with everything said here. Thought I was alone with my thoughts on larme kei until now.
>>
>>9568525
It's not even funny it's just true. That's a popular opinion on 4chan.
>>
>>9569842
not OP anon but I also think larme is super normie looking and the pouty ass makeup and puffy eye look makes me think of when I have allergies. It's also just an excuse for a brand to overprice clothes that only look good on a certain body type (slightly tall, very thin)
I predict it'll fade into non-existence and Swankiss dresses will be able to be found in Western normie thrift stores.
>>
>>9569842
I think it's only the larme community that's convinced that they're wearing ~a Japanese street fashion~. It's the exact same shit you find at Forever21 and H&M...worn by Japanese girls with makeup that makes you look like you're about to cry (side note: I absolutely love the makeup in Larme, odd as it may be). The fashion in Larme is cute, sexy, and fashionable all rolled all into one- but it's really normie clothes at the end of the day.
>>
>>9569248
>in Tropic Thunder? He looked terrible and looked nothing like a dark skinned person.
Now I know you're lying.
>>
>>9568495
Hey. Just saying. Based on this we could be decent friends/talk buddies. I agree with you on every point you presented. Plus:
>I wear everyday, unless I'm 1000% too stressed to put in effort, it's my style and it's what I'm most comfortable with
>I wear mainly Gothic and aim to get more Gothic and Gothic is kind of my thing despite me sometimes leaning Classic
>>
>>9569901
Ooh, here's my unpopular opinion. This kind of stuff is weird. It's weird to be friends (Also talk buddies? Who the fuck says that?) based on just clothes. The /cgl/ friend finder threads consist of the most autistic weirdos you could ever run into, even on 4Chan.
>>
>>9569910
I didn't say it seriously like "omg now we can be BEST FRIENDS I'm gonna find your house desu". I said it more like, hey, cool, we share a viewpoint, isn't that nice. Which is the kind of anonymous reassurance people seek on these threads about "unpopular" opinions, isn't it? But yeah I'll admit I made shit sound weird.
>>
>>9569892
.... Are you for real?
>>
>>9569248
Outside of my head I'll laugh at them. It's a stupid thing to do, just be the character without darkening your skin the clothes are enough.
>>
>>9568495
What's wrong with con Lolitas hell even meet Lolitas I can't do the daily Lolita thing cause of my work. So that's pretty much the only time I have to wear the fashion.
>>
File: y.jpg (126KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
126KB, 600x600px
I really like how full set coordinates look, I don't care about them being uncreative.
>>
>>9569934
This. As long as you look good, who cares when/where/how often you wear lolita? Some people have real jobs.
>>
>>9569928
OT, but I used to think he was literally just dirty in the movie lel
>>
>>9569949
>"the vietcongs won't find me now!"
>>
>>9569039
I agree with this.
>>
File: 1487248328633.jpg (386KB, 729x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1487248328633.jpg
386KB, 729x1019px
>>9569956
The Rhodesian Selous Scouts actually would put on blackface as a form of camouflage, since the ZAPU/ZANU terrorists would be less likely to be suspicious of seeing a bunch of black guys in the bush than a bunch of pale white guys in short-shorts.
>>
>>9568483

> Colourful hair trend pls die now. The only lolita who looks good in it is Kammie.
> E-fame is fucking overrated
> I love natural-toned split wigs.
> People need to fucking accept that steampunk lolita is here to stay.
> Larme feels like trashy Jersey Shore office wear
> >>9568495
">I really don't care about the resale value of dresses and I like selling them for cheaper than they should be. I don't treat my fashion as an investment, I rather even give away nice dresses to newbies who deserve them than selling them to people."
YES. YES TO THIS!
>>
File: chrome_2017-07-24_13-07-56.jpg (32KB, 280x469px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-07-24_13-07-56.jpg
32KB, 280x469px
>>9568483
>those curly twintail clip wigs look fucking awful. i only ever associate them with itas and conlitas. pic related
>sack dresses can be cute and i don't understand the hate for them
>big exaggerated bib collars look ageplay as fuck though
>i want to see more cute hats and berets in lolita, i think they look way cuter than giant headbows
>brandwhoring is stupid and normies can't tell the difference anyway
>bright accent colors in gothic look hot topic as fuck. nothing ruins a nice coord more than a black-and-bright-purple color palette. muted tones will always read as more elegant
>face piercings and distracting tattoos have no place in lolita
>>
>>9573216
>brandwhoring is stupid and normies can't tell the difference anyway
>how dare you spend money on this thing you like and also consider normies' opinions when you buy your frilly shit
>>
I think you're not a lolita if you don't own brand or handmade. Bodyline and taobao is for posers who have no respect.
>>
>>9573228
not what i was saying. i was more saying that it's stupid to think your wardrobe has to be 100% brand or you're not a "real lolita". i've seen a lot of people with that attitude and it's baffling. nothin' wrong with taobao and indie brands, especially when normies think you look stupid either way.
>>
>>9573233
After reading this >>9573232 I take that back, you've got a point.
>>
I've always hated sweet loli (dropping the name because it's important- not trying to single sweet lolis), even when I was a kid, and even when it was popular, but I don't think I can express it anymore because now the discourse is that it's "ageplay" and I don't want to look a fool

like I can say all I want about the aesthetics only but some dumbo is going to turn it into a big tangent on how it's totally pedobear

like have you seen these baby people, they don't like petticoats or crinoline and hard shoes.

I just want to be able to dislike something and not have it be taken as some social justice issue. but that's always what it turns into- and my name gets associated with these chucklefucks turning "I don't care for" into "it hurt my feelings"
>>
File: 74238948295234.png (52KB, 444x287px) Image search: [Google]
74238948295234.png
52KB, 444x287px
>>9573246
>have you seen these baby people, they don't like petticoats or crinoline and hard shoes
I've read and reread this sentence and I cannot for the life of me understand what in the world you're trying to say here.
>>
>>9573249
people who want to be children aren't usually into uncomfortable fashion
>>
>>9573261
Oh you mean ageplayers, thanks for clarifying.
If people give you shit for not liking sweet then that's pretty shitty, assuming you don't straight up say that you hate it in front of people who clearly love and wear it.
>>
>>9573233
>caring what normies think in the first place

I don't give a single fuck what boring people think of my fashion, neither should you.
>>
>>9573268
It's more complicated than that, though, which is why it frustrates me. I make an untagged, melodramatic post about cupcakes, someone adds on something about how cupcakes are totally ageplay, and then I'm getting flak for accusing lolita of being ageplay when I really just have unresolved trauma relating to sweet baked goods
>>
>>9573279
>I really just have unresolved trauma relating to sweet baked goods

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>9573279
>someone adds on something about how cupcakes are totally ageplay
That couldn't have been said seriously, and whoever took offense to it was probably incredibly insecure and should look into their reading comprehension skills. I'll let another anon ask you about your baked goods related trauma.
>>
>>9569254
Then it can be anything?
>>
>>9569254
Lolita having rules isn't up for debate because it's not an opinion, it's a fact.
>>
>>9568483
taobao is just as good if not better than what are considered brands
>>
>>9573292
Never touched brand
>>
I hate genderbent cosplay. If you're a girl and want to cosplay a male character, cosplay him. Do some countouring, get a short wig. Don't make some sexed up "femme" version.
>>
>>9573288
allergies to almonds, wheat, eggs, and bell peppers (paprika) from childhood but never being believed. also I don't like pastel pink and blue. that's not pathological it's just not my thing

sweet loli's do your thing, I respect you even though I whine about your choices on a personal blog with 8 active followers
>>
>>9569928
His makeup is believable because it was done by a professional. I have an uncle that looks quite a bit like him in this role.

The problem with people just slapping on darker foundation for darker skinned cosplays is thay they are lacking the different colors and tones that make up an actual persons skin. You realistically need to use 5 different colors and they all arent brown or shades of brown. Same goes for if you are doing a lighter skin tone.
>>
>>9573395
Would this uncles name be "Tom?"
>>
>>9568495
>wardrove
>wardrove
>wardrove
>>
Not sure if this is THAT unpopular, but I hate when people do the ahegao expression IRL.

It already looks cringey enough in art, but when people do it IRL it just looks even worse. When Patreon girls do it it just seems like some normie trying to capitalize on otaku fantasies. When someone does it to be funny it just doesn't work out because it's not funny.
>>
>>9573528
i know a guy whose female friend does it for all of her social media profile pics. she has like 10+ pics of her doing it, with overweight cleavage visible in all of them. i consider myself pretty gay but i really don't understand why that shit is supposed to be interpreted as sexy.
>>
>>9573500
No, it's Reggie and he looks like he came out of some cheezy 70s cop show. I do have an uncle Tom, funny thing he's white.
>>
File: tumblr_n83h0u8uP21qkoopko1_400.gif (2MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n83h0u8uP21qkoopko1_400.gif
2MB, 360x203px
Fats are automatically ita
>>
>>9573544
I think it's supposed to be an exaggerated "I'm cumming" face. With the implication that the viewer/audience is the cause.
>>
>>9573834
Yeah, this. It started in hentai, grew in week culture, and finally, like all things, was co-opted by thots who don't even like it
>>
>>9573836
*Weeb
>>
>>9573836
I just feel like it's one of those things that should have never gotten to IRL. It's kind of like how Pepe became normie shit.
>>
I feel like /cgl/ made an unspoken rule that a coord is automatically ita if it doesn't follow a theme or if the theme doesn't match what's on the print. Imo as long as the overall coord is cohesive enough, it shouldn't have to follow a theme.
>>
>>9573842
At least /pol/ managed to take Pepe back from the normalfags.
>>
>>9573830
Obese fat, yep. Slightly chubby is passable depending on the coord. But fat-fat always looks bad
>>
File: free-shrugs.jpg (50KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
free-shrugs.jpg
50KB, 449x642px
>I don't think lazy coswhores should be shamed more than the people who throw thousands of dollars at them
>>
>>9573893
Agree
>omg she's wearing a star shaped bag with a cupcake print, the horror
>>
>>9573291
It depends on how you look at it
>>
>>9573893
>>9573967
I'm honestly only by mismatched themes if it's a big point of the coord (and even then, don't consider mismatching ita, just irksome).

Personal peeve: strawberry print with cherry accessories. Or musical print main piece with random cutesy accessories.

Heart/star/novelty shape bags are just shape bags and don't count either way, unless the theme of the outside is OUTERSPAAAACE and even then, the star bag is more like a bonus than a necessity.
>>
>>9573893
That's because they're cosplayers
>>
File: hypothesis.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
hypothesis.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
I think that if there were anything that Lolita as a fashion based it's name on, it would be Kubrick's 1962 box office hit Lolita. I watched it recently and the more it went on, the more I knew it to be true. It's a very tame adaptation and I don't really mind accepting it. But I still attest there is nothing inherently sexual about the fashion.
>inb4 this looks nothing like Lolita fashion.
I wouldn't say it does to a T, but if there were any name this frilly fashion would have latched on to at it's inception, I see why it would be this.
>>
>>9574018
I kinda feel it
>>
>>9574018
Have you read http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.nl/2013/11/why-is-lolita-called-lolita-does-lolita.html?m=1
>>
>>9573893
Idk anon, >>9572959 is pretty bad even though I guess the coord stays within its color realm
>>
>>9574036
Yes actually! Though not since like, 2014 but I am happy for the refresher and I think it is fairly in line with my thought process. For years after though I would claim to the public that it was a portuguese loanword like suggested in the comments. Im going to have to spin it differently now. It is what it is.
>>
>>9574042
I think it was named because of that Alice comic. There are still people calling it alice kei or otona alice now.
>>
File: a0f.png (552KB, 469x728px) Image search: [Google]
a0f.png
552KB, 469x728px
>sweet print OTKs look shitty and make your legs looks stumpy, doesn't help that the majority of lolitas who wear them have thick calves anyways so they don't even go over the knee- and they wear dresses way too short for them
>Tea-Length dresses are god-tier
>modern sweet lolita is the bottom rung of lolita- it looks generic and all the prints just look like indistinguishable pastel vomit
>sweet lolita only looks good if it's oldschool
>gothic, oldschool and classic are the top rung
>if your upper arm is more than a couple cm thicker than your forearm you shouldn't wear short sleeves
>>
>>9569937
THIS.
>>
File: minicrap.jpg (11KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
minicrap.jpg
11KB, 225x300px
>>9569044
Under rated post. I have never met anyone who would seriously wear not only one of those things but both?? Would you wear AP cake hat monstrosities? Don't you think fatties knees look gross with UTK's? are you aware of your shit taste? Where does this horror end anon.
>>
More confession than unpopular opinion but:

>I like raschel lace (obviously only when used well), I don't understand what people don't like about it, and I'm too afraid to mention it for fear of being called perma ita
>>
I don't like Honey Cake. I think it's ugly.
>>9573232
Or cash
>>
>>9573964
But if you shame them both, its fair game, right?
>>
>>9574152
You and me both, I think good quality raschel lace is gorgeous. To add to that though, personally,
>good quality raschel lace > tulle lace
I can't get over how ugly tulle lace is and I hate how popular it is these days.
>>
>>9574374
absolutely, just make sure you insult the coswhore supporters twice as much.
I'm tired of threads roasting coswhores, I want threads roasting the fedora tipping faggots that support them
>>
>>9574385
Agreed! I hate tulle lace a lot. I think it looks even worse than cheap raschel lace. you have a great dress and then you cover it in stiff, boring thread
>>
>>9574152
>raschel lace
I honestly feel like the days of raschel lace being the ultimate evil have no place in modern lolita fashion and that idea needs to disappear. This was when milanoo put on the cheapest lace available. It's really rare you see those ugly lace monsters anymore, thanks to everything from Bodyline improvements to really easily available taobao.

Actually well-made raschel is very nice and is interesting to look at. People are still scared of it even on brand and it's so silly.
>>
I don't understand why you would want to be in a lolita comm. Hanging out with 1-3 lolitas and doing something fancy fine, but comm meets look like weird parades to me.
>>
>>9575248
How do you meet 1-3 lolitas in your local area without going to meets? Most lolitas in the friend finder thread don't even live on the same continent as me, and randomly messaging lolitas in fb groups seems weird.
>>
I miss the livejournal days. I miss when Lolitas were bloodthirsty cunts who wouldn't hesitate to roast you on LS or Get Off EGL. I miss when drama was allowed on this board and people were cruel and unforgiving. /cgl/ has become a soft, mollycoddling, crybaby, fat acceptance safe space and I absolutely hate it.
>>
>>9575283
So you're you the one that just got yelled at for posting a creepshot in the ita thread, right?
>>
>>9575286
So you're the only one who is responding in that thread because you feel the need to prove a point, right?

Now who is the one being a creepy stalker?
>>
>>9575283
>>9575295
Nayrt but get help.
>>
>>9575300
>nayrt

Sure you aren't.
>>
>>9575271
Instagram, livejournal, tumblr and concerts
>>
>>9575304
Don't use instragram, LJ or tumblr, even if I did it's just as weird messaging random girls there as it is on facebook.

And I've never seen another lolita at any concert I've ever been to, I don't even wear lolita to concerts myself.
>>
>>9573528
Probably more pet peeve than unpopular opinion because that shit is the definition of cringe.
>>
>>9575304
What concerts are you going to where you encounter wild lolitas? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>9575308
You don't randomly message someone, you talk about something they've posted. Maybe if you wore lolita out to concerts others who are interested in the fashion will talk to you and you can convert them. That's what I do.
>>
>>9575313
Visual kei, rock, metal. At the latter two they weren't wearing lolita themselves but I don't think I've ever been to a visual kei live where I didn't see a lolita.
>>
>>9569507
>Cosplay does not exist within a vacuum where nothing outside matters
Yes. It does. Just like you can paint and write controversial topics, you can cosplay a character without worrying about the social issues. Cosplay is considered an art form and censoring art is backwards middle aged inquisition style bullshit. Especially when the "controversial topic" in cosplay is retarded petty crap like someone tanning for a cosplay instead of say, someone cosplaying as KKK members or Hitler out of admiration for them.

And "nitpicking", yeah, some people nitpick for nothing but seriously I see someone posting a photo of an "amazing" cosplay that has really bad construction and glaring inaccuracies and calling it a nitpick when people list all the obvious things wrong with it. Some people consider pointing out not wearing a wig or having an unsanded prop nitpicking.
>>
I think most otome kei coords Western girls post are just a different style of lolita
>>
>Heavily overedited cosplay photos (added sfx or backgrounds) are super cringey and awkward
>I'd rather a convention have a good interactive event than literally any guests of any kind
>I inherently hate 99% of genderbend cosplays, sexy or not
>casual lolita is boring and barely different from normie clothes
>using makeup to darken your skin tone for cosplay is shitty, but getting an actual tan is FINE, regardless of how long you keep it tanned
>minimal makeup should be considered a necessity for all cosplayers, yes, even men
>I'm really fond of the idea of cosplay lolita in the sense of a coord designed as something that character would wear, plus wig and makeup, etc. not just here's Sasuke in a skirt with an Uchiha fan on it
>>
>>9575271
Do you have something against going to meets? It's literally the reason we have meets.
>>
>>9575705
What normie clothes do you see if casual lolita is normie?
>>
Sweet is just ruining lolita.
>>
>>9574018
>the events of the novel Lolita are set in the 50s
>lolita fashion is partially inspired by western 50s fashion
Unbelievable, what mind blowing revelation.
>>
>>9575705
At least call it lolita cosplay. Lolita fashion can not be cosplay in any way, but you can do a lolita version cosplay just like you can do a genderbend or sexy version cosplay.
>>
>>9575283
In the same boat, in the sea of piss.
>>
>>9574103
You sound conflicted.
>>
>>9575283
that's why there were only 2 secrets this week. all the mods are friends and they protect each other. how can so many ita have mod powers? racism can stay up for a month but call a scammer a scammer and entire convos get nuked.
>>
>>9575732
Not OP but yes, I do, and that's my unpopular opinion. I honestly don't see the point of going out with a bunch of people whose only thing in common is the fashion they're wearing, just to show off your latest purchases and bitch about each other on anonymous boards lol
I'd much rather stay as a lone lifestyler desu
>>
>>9575845
>bitch about each other on anonymous boards
Most lolitas don't come here
>>
>>9575598
No, it doesn't. As long as real life people are cosplayers, it doesn't exist in a vacuum. Cosplayers are real. And they all bring their beliefs and experiences with them when they put on that costume. No one is saying censor art. No one is saying to censor the costume. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD though. Freedom of [art] is not freedom from consequence.

I've seen people nitpick an overall good costume with bullshit. I saw this good D.Va on here once. She was young, and the photo quality was ass, but it was a good costume. It had texture and props glued to it. But, they nitpicked her for it not being tight enough. It was form fitting, but not skin tight. They also nitpicked her not wearing a wig even though she had brown hair cut and styled to look like the character. The worst part is being rude about it.
>>
3d printing is cheating for cosplay
Also, using someone else's pattern unless it's a generic pattern ruins the fun and you are essentially painting by numbers

Too many people in cosplay care more about the e Fame and recognition than the journey of learning and building things
>>
>>9575732
No I'm asking someone who does have a problem with meets how one might make friends outside of them. Read the thread.
>>
>>9575745
I said it wasn't much different. For example, take a skirt, cutsew, lace socks, and heels, maybe a cute bag to go with. That could be a casual coord, or it could be something that I saw some normie wearing on the street. It's not common, but I know a few girls who dress that way fairly regularly. I find it boring to look at, thus the unpopular opinion.

>>9575790
Fair. I got the words out of order. It would be a (lolita) cosplay, not the other way around, you're right.
>>
Prints date your wardrobe terribly. If you like the Milky Planet and Sugary Carnival days, you look right out of that 2009 era sweet. I always cringe thinking of how Holy Lantern is inevitably going to age.
>>
Lolita is too serious business for some. I don't get the need to plan a coord half a year beforehand and sometimes ita threads are just "need more x" on medicore and plain coords.
>>
>>9575986
It's too late for Holy Lantern, with how many times it's been rereleased it's already gotten old (in the "god not this again" way).
Caring about being on trend in an alternative fashion scene is pretty silly though.
>>
>>9575986
>If you like the Milky Planet and Sugary Carnival days, you look right out of that 2009 era sweet.

...that's kind of the point though? people who are fans of those prints are generally fans of the era they came from, so i don't see how it's an issue
>>
>>9575986

Actually, I agree with you, Sugary Carnival and Milky Planet belong to their own era from the past, not now. (Also do agree that people who like them now generally like them because of the nostalgia for that era as well).

That said, old school is recogniseably old school because of the cut and materials, not because of prints. Even modern lolita is recogniseably different with far more liberal use of chiffon and polyester, longer and more OTT cuts, where the only acceptable materials used to be cotton and maybe a little tulle, with simpler cuts. So while prints date your wardrobe terribly, so does everything else.
>>
>>9575905
>No, it doesn't. As long as real life people are cosplayers, it doesn't exist in a vacuum. Cosplayers are real. And they all bring their beliefs and experiences with them when they put on that costume.
Such as liking a character with a darker skin? What a damaging, racist belief to express.
>>
File: miss-the-point.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
miss-the-point.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>9576493
>>
>>9575986
The trendy lolita
>>
>>9575972
Fuck seeing someone in a dress (minus sundresses) makes me happy. I'd be happy to see causal lolita like clothes on the streets.
>>
I hate lolitas/itas who ask advice about basic things. They remind me of men who can't dress themselves properly without the help of their girlfriend or mom.
>>
>>9568495
Cgl actually made up the term meetlitas to cover for all the sad bitches who don't leave their house.
>>
>>9569937
Same. I also hate when cgl is tearing up a girl over wearing a full set. People actually tried to critique Kate for wearing a full set and she was using a fucking OP. It was so dumb and so obvious that people just wanted to hate on her because it's cool to hate on her here.
>>
>>9573078
>Colourful hair trend pls die now.
This is a pretty common opinion on cgl though.
>>9573216
>those curly twintail clip wigs look fucking awful.
Do you guys ever lurk here or even know what purpose a thread like this is supposed to serve.

Gulls are so fucking dumb I swear.
>inb4 ur just mad
>>
>>9573232
yup. I have one bodyline and two taobao dresses. I only bought them because I actually liked the prints/cuts. Everything else is brand.

Honestly, if you're buying something from bodyline or taobao because it's cheap, you're doing it wrong. Buy the fashion because you love it.

This is honestly a lot that is wrong with the fashion in general. People who are buying it for being trendy and cheap as opposed to spending your hard earned money on something you love and will cherish.

Bunch a fakes especially on this board.
>>
File: me on cgl erry day.jpg (45KB, 413x270px) Image search: [Google]
me on cgl erry day.jpg
45KB, 413x270px
>>9579014
>le ebin memes
>>
>>9579037
She needs to stop with the eyebrows thing ASAP. Everyone memes about her samedressing all the time but skips over that she looks like a drag queen thanks to them
>>
>>9579040
They look fine?
Explain yourself.

Bonus points if you can accomplish it without clear bias.
>>
>>9579040
That's such an odd nitpick, anon. They're thin but not drag-like.
>>
>>9575986
Dressing in nothing but non prints makes you look like a granny.
>>
If you have visible self harm scares you need to cover them up. It doesn't make you look like a survivor, it makes you look like an edgy attention whore.
>>
>>9579049
>>9579055
I just correlate very solid abnormally colored and exaggerated eyebrows with drag. Not shitting on her specifically, just everyone who does this.
>>
>>9579111
I have visible ones on my arm because I was an edgy POS as a kid who did dumb stuff but I'm not about to die in 100°+ heat just because you can't deal with maybe possibly seeing my scars.
>>
>>9579115
Really? Most drag I see is focusing on the eyeshadow and liner and then the eyebrows are huge too and can be natural colored or matches their eyeliner.

She does it to match and hers are not really exaggerated like a drag queen.
>>
>>9579172
The point is it looks just as terrible and unnatural as drag
>>
>>9579175
Oh. You're one of those anons.
>>
>>9579111
>tfw i have visible scars that look like self harm scars but they're actually from my abusive father holding me down and cutting me when i was a kid

i'm still going to wear short sleeves though because it's 105 degrees and who cares if it makes anyone uncomfortable. you're edgier than the people who self-harm anon-chan
>>
>>9575440
idk where you're at but a lot of us don't have access to visual kei concerts
>>
>>9579117
>>9579183
nayrt but I share the same opinion, like if you want to flaunt your scars it's totally your business, more power to you, etc, but it still looks awful.
>>
>>9580753
not hiding them does not equal "flaunting" lol
>>
>>9574914
>I want threads roasting the fedora tipping faggots that support them
We do have those, but incels get them nuked.

>>9575914
How do you feel about people who buy their costumes? Not everyone enjoys the construction aspect of cosplay.

As for the nitpicking issues, I have a friend who won't shave for his cosplays or take off his glasses for photoshoots. Then when we do group cosplays, he doesn't want to be characters that HAVE beards and/or glasses. Even though multiple people have talked to him about it, he just doesn't care that he's bringing down the quality of or group. Seriously he sticks out like a sore thumb in group photos. And then I'm there wearing colored contacts and covering up my actual eyebrows so I can put on fake ones that match my wig. So yeah, nitpicking is one thing, but refusing to do simple things that would greatly improve your cosplay or insisting that you don't need makeup at all is just low effort and low quality.

Unpopular opinion: The reason girls get more attention for their cosplays is because they put way more effort into it. Guys need to get overthemselves and learn to sew, style wigs, use shapewear and apply make-up rather than just complaining that girls get more attention for their cosplays.
>>
>>9580768
what I meant is they stand out, bad word choice
>>
>>9580803
You need to get over things being on other people's bodies.
>>
Not trying to get political or into that "cultural apprpriation" bullshit but I think that Asians in lolita look weird because the clothes are inspired by European historical clothing.
>>
>>9581113
I mean, its one thing if they are wearing stuff that actually looks more Victorian or Rococo, but newer stuff? You're crazy. That's their thing. They made it their own.
>>
>>9581113
Even sweet lolita?
>>
File: woodblock_victoriandress.jpg (75KB, 399x613px) Image search: [Google]
woodblock_victoriandress.jpg
75KB, 399x613px
>>9581113
When the black ship rolled in, it was interpreted in many different ways. Many Japanese immediately wanted to be western, because they say it as "new" and "modern". Japanese women have been wearing western fashion for over a hundred years.

>>9581119
That's what makes Lolita fashion so interesting; it's a ping-pong fashion that came about by bouncing the same general idea back and forth across the ocean for several decades.
>>
>>9581119
I know, I'm not telling anyone to stop wearing it but I can't help myself and not to see them like misplaced Asians in some botched historical clothes.

>>9581124
Yes, sweet too. But the more make-up, surgery and photoshop the girl has the more she looks like "she belongs". Again, it's just my opinion.
>>
>>9573830
>Fats are automatically ita
>unpopular opinion
The only people who don't agree with this are the lardbuckets themselves.
>>
>>9568483
>Unpopular Opinion:
I think you can be a super kawaii fatty chan in Sweet Lolita and I actually think Sweet Lolita looks Better on chubby girls. I don't have an opinion on body shape with the two other substyles, but I've always though a more "rounded" or "soft" appearance looks better for Sweet. The worst for Sweet, in my opinion, are the girls who are close to underweight. I bounce between boney and normal (15lbs back and fourth) and I don't like the look of Sweet on me when I'm thinner.
>>
>>9581147
>the fact she only wears 2 dresses
You're both shitheads.
>>
>>9581113
>>9581133
THIS. Just take a look at the Meiji Restoration. Victorian fashion was huge. This, to me, has always been the root of lolita. There has to be a historical impetus. As far as it being Victorian or Rococo, its neither one nor the other, it pulls from so many period fashions, including Edwardian, Regency, Gothic and Romantic, Georgian, and even up to mid-century silhouettes. That's what I love-- it takes from all these periods and takes it out of time, culture, and obviously racial constraints.
/end diatribe
>>
>>9581176
Love the way you worded this.
>>
I hate false eyelashes and gyaru-ish makeup with lolita and I hope that trend continues to slowly die away.
>>
>>9581113
this is probably the dumbest thing i've ever read. unpopular indeed.
>>
>>9581158
Sweet looks best on thin girls with a youthful round face, not round anything else. Anything lumpy in lolita is gross.
>>
Not cgl unpopular exclusive but:
>I quite like bought sets. I don't have any, but I do quite like them.
>I'm disliking prints beside a few gothic ones from brands like Fox Feather. I pick embroidery and fabric details every day.
>I think ott sweet looks kinda stupid on people who are not east-asian.
>non-east Asians look bad with circle lenses.
>after years no clue what makes gyaru gyaru and can't seem to find it out. Google only makes me find ganguro, normal looking girls and girls looking like Las Vegas strippers. I see no connection.
>lolita without petticoat is not larme. It's a lolita without a petticoat.
>larme is no streetfashion. It's a "normal" fashion, which happens to be in Japan. Just like "bikerchick" and "bohemian" are parts of Western normalfag fashion.
>I wish the western communities could be more like the Japanese. No jsk, petticoat or jeans not being a problem, but still looking good when doing so. People knowing what is and isn't lolita without tons of rules, yet not ending like a bunch of itas in cheap fabrics, and not disrespecting brand continously.
>lolita is not a liferight. If you're poor you don't deserve lolita cheaply, you need to work and save up instead of getting angry to concrit because "not everyone can afford brand", and people should always feel free to judge your apperance in a fashion community. If you don't want that you shouldn't post.
>people who behave like butthurt idiots do not deserve people to be nice to them and deserve all the hate they get and I feel not badly for them. Being bad at fashion can be improved, but if you're a rude prick you deserve to be tearred apart online.
>cgl is better than Facebook. Cgl might have more keyboard warriors and bait, but at least it's not all sugar-coated.
>>
>>9581258
Autocorrect ruined a part. The thing about Japanese comes was "no blouse under jsk, no petticoat, sneakers". Not sure what happened. Jeans should not be in lolita obviously.
>>
>>9581258
Oh and another one:
>I dislike how the cheaper market makes everything more easy to get because it becomes normal to get items. Before it was harder, but once you had it you felt way more special and good because of it. Now it's just buying another dress which gives far less feels. It's hardly an achievement to find a dreamdress, while before it felt special if you was bought generic dress.
>>
>>9581266
A few more (I'm strongly opinionated and keep thinking of more after sending):
>don't give a full about people thinking lolita is ageplay or anything of that kind. I and all people I care for know better.
>bodyline looks bad in itself and needs good coording to look well. Materials are bad and when I see it used I feel it either looks great or bad, rarely normal/regular/mediocre.
>>
>>9573950
This. Obese need to stop wining and understand that naturally, humans find obesity unattractive because it's unhealthy. In nature, no one wants to mate with unhealthy animals and for humans that's no difference. Beauty is only partly in the eye of the beholder and greatly a natural phenomenon.
>>
>>9575283
Agreed, at least that's it's too much sagespacing nowadays. I haven't followed the com on livejournal and wish I did.
>>
>>9575440
I think wearing lolita at a metal concert is bad taste unless you go to a band that is one of the stereotype emo bands and don't mind being counted as one of said emos. Ghost bc, avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine, and any screams crap. Not an elitist/purist but it's just not the place if you want to be taken serious by anyone who's not a special snowflake who all metalheads are purist bullies.
>>
>>9581258
You are glamorizing japanese Lolitas because you don't seem to have an accurate picture of what they really are JSYK.
>>
>>9581368
??? wearing your regular clothes to a concert of a band you like is in bad taste now? I'm sure the band doesn't give a flying fuck what you're wearing and you're sure as hell not there to impress the audience.
>>
>>9575972
Where the hell do you live? Girls here don't even wear skirts unless it's for some event.
>>
>>9579183
>people need to realise edgy just means "being different and standing out in a crowd because of it", and it's often used as positive and even necessary as models. It changed from using it in its own meaning but meant ironic because people were acting like they where edgy but where not to people calling anyone they don't like "edgy".
>>
>>9581376
It's bad taste at a metal concert because normally, there are two types of woman at metal concerts. Those who dress up and come because of the amount of man, who look all fancy, and those who come for the music, who wear bandshirts, easy to wear and moshpit in clothes and such. You'll look like you're a special snowflake.

Metalhead lolitas are fine, but at most proper metal concerts and festivals your dress has an extreme high change of ending smelling like beer and sweat, and possibly be ruined by not only smell but also rips and tears, which is why only people who think looking like a special snowflake is more important than having something practical. The only exception normally are emo bands, because there tend to be too many special snowflakes to hold a normal metal concert.

I go to many concerts and festivals. No mater if it's death, trash, black or whatever playing, this has been true for any non-stereotype emo band.

Feel free to wear what you like, but it's a bad place to make lolitas friends and people will think you're a special snowflake.
>>
>>9581368
Why would you want to be taken seriously by metalheads
>>
>>9581373
I do know how they are. Meet a lot. Any forgeneir I've met living in Japan agrees.
>>
>>9581397
>it's bad taste because other people will have misinformed opinions about you
I actually think it's bad taste too, but only because your nice clothes will end up dirty and maybe damaged. Not conforming to other people's stereotypes of women at metal concerts is not bad taste.
>>
>>9581397
I think you forget that there are lolita clothes that cost just as much as a band shirt. I don't think she goes in the latest chiffon OTT dress. There are also metal bands that perform for half empty pubs, but I guess that's not proper enough for you to count as metal.
>>
>>9581400
Your whole post reeks of putting Japanese lolitas on a pedestal. I'm from Nagano originally and I've spent tons of time with other Japanese lolitas and I find your weird "muh japanese roris can do no wrong" schtick really weird. I would sincerely be put off by you if I met you and you expressed these things to me, I don't want asspats just for where I was born and grew up.
>>
>>9581409
I'm the daughter of Mana originally and I think Japanese rorita are superior
>>
>>9581399
Why would you want to be taken serious by lolitas?

Metalheads are some of the greatest people I met, and the community is not so horribly sugarcoating as most in lolitas are. They are great people who stand ready for friends. First thing we do when arriving is generally hugging anyone we know. You come in alone, and leave with many friends. As long as you're not a SJW or go bother them with no reason they generally let you be. It's just a bad place to try to meet new lolitas, as you look like you don't fit in at all and most woman dress up fancy are there to find someone to fuck, especially when not wearing merch.
>>
>>9581412
Nice shitpost, but do you have anything of quality to add to the discussion or are you just here to meme?
>>
>>9581415
You want someone who wears lolita as her normal style to go out of her way and dress differently just so metalheads won't think she is there to find someone to fuck. Ridiculous.
>>
>>9581409
I know Japanese lolitas are not perfect, but whenever such topics come on when talking to Chinese or Japanese friends, these list of things are big differences we generally find between western and Asian coms, same for foreigners who I personally know who moved to east-asia for at least a half year. It's based on what I found in general conversation with these people and people who knew them for longer periods. If you experienced different, fine, but I'm not going to change my experience because a random person on the internet claims it wasn't like that when she lived there...
>>
>>9581415
No need to get so defensive, anon. Nobody was actually attacking metalheads, just wondering why you're so against a lolita wearing the clothes she likes at a concert. Just because X group is cool overall doesn't mean we should conform to their standards to please them.
>>
>>9581408
Never seen a decent piece for 10-20 euro, the price of an average official bandshirt. Let stand one that services a mosh pit and can easily be washed on high settings. Never did I see a Lolita at an event. My original point was it's a bad place to meet lolitas, and it is.
>>
>>9581425
Oh okay, band shirts can often be around 50 euro around here and I have lolita skirts that were 20 euro
>>
>>9581419
No. I wanted her to know that a metal concert is a bad place to find Lolita friends, and warn her that she will most likely not be taken seriously and might ruin her clothes.

It was just bad advice, sorry I offend you all with saying it is. If you want to wear it, do your thing, but for many reasons it's bad advice to tell someone a metal concert is a good place to make Lolita friends.
>>
>>9581420
I guess it's because you're an outsider looking in that you don't see how you're glamorizing them. I'm not saying that there isn't more leeway with rules, Im just pointing out how you have your head so far up east asians/japanese lolitas asses.
>>
>>9581425
>>9581432
She actually didn't advice her to make lolita friends at metal concerts, anon asked her how she met her lolita friends and she replied
>>
>>9581421
It's mainly the reasoning "a good place to find lolita friends" that I disagreed upon. Wearing it is fine if you wish, but be aware about general connotations.

>>9581431
Not sure where you life or get your stuff, but unless I buy a good quality hooded zip or hoody I don't have to pay that at all. But with 50 euro it's indeed more logic, although lolita is still far less sturdy and harder to wash afterwards.
>>
>>9581397
Oh I agree that it's probably best to wear something you don't mind getting dirty but if I want to mosh in my lolita, I'll goddamn well do so. If I'm already wearing such an out there alternative fashion I hardly care about people's perceptions of me.
>>
>>9581435
So why don't you tell us the truth about japanese lolitas, nagano-chan? I guess all the girls without petticoat and limp hair I saw there were just my wishful thinking because I love to see itas so much.
>>
>>9581439
Sage for OT but my lolita clothes are far better than my band shirts, they lose colour and print after washing a few times
>>
>>9581435
Perhaps. But I do know Japanese have enough bad things too. I just only named the positive ones, because I don't want the negative ones in the western com (so it seemed irrelevant).
>>
>>9581443
Please go back and reread my post.

>I'm not saying that there isn't more leeway with rules

That's wasn't the point, not once did I argue that they're as harsh with it as the west. My point is you're being creepy with saying shit like

>only EA look good in circle lenses
>OTT sweet is only for EA
>muh nippon paradise muh lolita paradise
>>
File: 1474837344176.jpg (39KB, 753x449px) Image search: [Google]
1474837344176.jpg
39KB, 753x449px
>mfw preorder for full set of holy lantern in the colorway I want and I don't even care how late to the party I am
>>
>>9581449
So because I think certain things look better or worse on certain races and I only named positive things in a list with stuff I would love to come over to the Western communuties I'm glorifying Japan.

Sorry I have opinions on appearance and don't want negative stuff to come over to Western comes.

I think East Asian people sound horrible in metal or rock if not grunting because they sound too depressed, and I there are many things I dislike in their culture like how working overtime is treaded. Sorry I didn't mention irrelevant stuff in my topic just to make sure you knew I wasn't glorifying Japan or East Asian people...

>>9581446
I don't know where you get your bandshirts from and I hope you're not the one who paid 50 euro, but most band shirts are still looking well after 20+ year wearing.
>>
>I think plastic surgery is just another form of body modification just like tattoos and don't mind it at all. In fact I quite like the look many have thanks to it.
>I'm also fine with good use of photoshop and swooping (but I hate it if it looks all blurry and distorted).
>>
>>9581464
The thing with plastic surgery is that people often forget (and don't budget for) the maintenance
>>
>>9581456
It's because out of most of your "unpopular opinions" you posted what is generally accepted by /cgl/, and all the things that aren't as common here that you posted consisted of licking the assholes of Japanese Lolitas.
>>
>>9581432
But obviously other lolitas at metal concerts won't jump to the conclusion that someone dressed in lolita instead of a band shirt is a thirsty ho, so the prejudice of non-lolita metalheads is completely irrelevant to the entire conversation. Why bring it up?
>>
>>9581471
Because arround 80% are guys, and the other 20% are not all lolita's, so changes of finding one are pretty small. Unless going to a band that is stereotyped to be an emo band, it's and extremely small change and if you go to a place with 80% guys, tons of beer, and are dresses as what would be generally percieved as a woman trying to be a special snowflake or a woman looking to fuck, you might end having a horrible day.

It was more a warning than anything. Most people don't like getting hit as if they're sluts by sweaty, drunk guys.

Like I said, do and wear what you want, but be warned, especially if you just go to make lolita friends.
>>
>>9581470
Didn't mean to sound like that. If that's the case, I'm sorry. I feel many western people their bonestructure just don't look quite right in OTT sweet. There are exeptions tho, I worded it wronly when I said "only". It's a most cases thing tho.

The thing with the circle lences is that people most western people look like they are wearing halve sclera lenses, while east-asian people generally use them together with eye-lid tape and create a proportional better looking eye.

Like I said before, I only listed the positive things in the list because I didn't want the negative things to come over. making a list with random negative things about japan seemed irrelevant and kinda out of place now.

And like I started "Not cgl unpopular exclusive". Most of the things seem to be at least a minority compared to the popular opinions arround. Especially on CGL a lot of people come because you can say unpopular stuff without worrying about a witch-hunt for having said opinion, so it's not entirely unlogic these opinions are more common on cgl.
>>
>>9581491
Like I said, she didn't advice her to go to metal concerts to meet lolitas
>>
>>9581515
>>9574947
>start of conversation

>>9575271
>sounds like interested in making lolita friends, because asking how you find them and mentioning having tried friend finder topic. Literally asking how you find them.

>>9575304
>Concerts get mentioned

>>9575313
>asks what concerts. Might very well be the one interested in finding friends.

>>9575440
>mentions metal concerts.

>>9581368
>try to warn that it might not be the best place to look for friends. Obviously it get's intepretended differently than I intended. I really just wanted to warn (like I explained later on).

She seemed to be guinuinly interested in finding lolita friends wihout going to comm meets, which makes it feel like advice. Perhaps it's not literally advice, but it easily could be taken as such and I just wanted to warn that a metal concert might not be the best place to go for making lolita friends, and might end negativly. If you love metal and lolita, go for it, but don't go to meet lolitas.

Honestly, I suck at explaining, so I think I just worded it badly. generally, once I explai people see my point and even tho not always agree, the don't think I'm a morron, which is why I keep replying. I didn't mean it bad, I swear. It was meant as an honest warning.
>>
>>9581579
Tagged wrong start. sorry. Should have been: >>9575248
>>
>>9581470
>licking the assholes of Japanese lolitas
i like how you're throwing a fit about somebody complimenting east asians when this >>9581113
must be okay
>>
>>9581591
The difference is one was serious and the other one is clearly just b8.
>>
>>9581594
okay racist-chan
>>
>>9581597
I know this is also just b8 but how am I racist when I was in fact calling someone out for acting like another race was superior? I'd be delighted to hear how far you have to reach to make that even remotely work.
>>
What's the point of putting a shit ton of time and effort into making your costume as gorgeous as possible if you can't be bothered to wash your face, lose some weight and put on make up?

Designers choose models who will make their work look good. Why don't people do the same for a costume they spend so much time on? And then they get upset when all the comments they see are about how greasy their face is or people laughing at their fat rolls. 'But the *craftsmanship* and the *costume*...' yeah, and you are a part of that costume, if you want it to look good you should be putting in just as much work into yourself as you are onto the fabric.

If you can spend a year hand embroidering a costume, you can spend a year trying to eat right and learning how to put on the most basic make up.

Honestly. The pictures coming in from Costume College are depressing. So many gorgeous gowns eclipsed by frizzy hair and sunken eyes and rolls of fat trying to escape from a corset.
>>
>>9581594
I think both where serious tho...
>>
>>9581633
The one saying Japanese girls shouldn't wear western styled clothing is literally just the same b8 that's been used on /cgl/ for ages. Are you new?
>>
people shouldnt cosplay outside their body type or skin color
>>
>>9581651
people shouldn't cosplay, but I'm not going to fucking stop them
>>
>>9581645
No. I've heared it before but I also know people who truly believe this. They say the same about black people often.

By that, people also get butthurt about white people wearing asian clothing (qipao, kimono, yutata, hanfu, etc), and people get angry saying black people should not have blond hair, so I see no reason to say it's bait just based on it being used as bait in the past. I know people who actually have this opinion, especially when it comes to very obvious historical inspired classic coords.
>>
>>9581658
sorry you're fat
>>
>>9581383
>they where edgy but where not to people
This is such a clusterfuck of an explanation. Most gulls say it to single people out and make them feel like they're "degenerate" because of their "embarrassing behavior".

There sure is a ton of mental gymnastics on this board lately, trying to change the meaning of words just so you can keep calling people names via your made up rules.
>>
>>9581661
>so I see no reason to say it's bait just based on it being used as bait in the past
>referring to what is one of the most common b8 posts on /cgl/

Are you okay?
>>
>>9581661
NAYRT but there's no way you aren't new if you don't recognize this as nothing but bait.
>>
>>9581661
But anon.. that is what bait is.

Anything that gets guaranteed replies is probably bait.
>>
>>9581664
It changed from using it in its own meaning but meant ironic, because people were acting like they where edgy but where not,

to people calling anyone they don't like "edgy".

Should have placed more "," signs.

But no, the word "edgy" has been used in high fashion for over 20 years. Models are supposed ot be edgy/have an edge. Being different and standing out, but still being pretty, is a great attribute for a model. It means the model will draw attention, and if she/he models right, she/he makes you want to buy her clothes, make-up, or whatever, or makes you believe in a story that the photo was supposed to tell.

This is my whole point. People seem to think it's just a random wordt people use to insult someone, and forget it's an actual used word, often used in a positive context. People are calling names without knowing what they are calling them, which is just stupid.

I'm not trying to change a words meaning. I find it stupid people continously use words as insult without knowing what they are insulting people as. I feel you should only use words you understand, because you otherwise look like a moron when someone who does know the word hears it...
>>
>>9581696
m8 you talk about context and ignore the context that it's most commonly used in on 4chan? Talk about ironic you call others morons.
>>
I think chubby and fattychans, provided they have very pretty faces, are the cutest lolitas.
>>
>>9581698
I'm saying that creating a new context by using an insult wrongly is stupid, even if the new context becomes commonly used.

It becomming commonly used just makes it more stupid. People blindly follow a crowd and repeat things they have no clue it means.

Originally, the insult was for people trying to be different and do things because flaunting "they are not like other people". THEY where being edgy, altrough in a negative sense, hence it was being said sarcastic. In that way, I don't mind "edgy" being used, it makes sense.

But people blindly took the insult over and used it on non-fitting places because they don't know it's meaning, so they don't know when it should be used. And when enough people did that that people just assume it was meant something else.

It's like eveyone starting to call anyone who looks bad fatty-chan, even if their are thin. If everyone starts calling that it doesn't become less stupid, it just becomes wrongly used and over used.

I much rather see insults that actually make sense than a overly-used word that's used wrongly most of the time anyways...

I guess it's an unpopular opinion indeed.
>>
>>9581725
*correction. THEY where trying to be edgy, altrough percieved in a negative sense. They actually failed as they tended to be a group of people doing the same attentionwhoring stuff in order to act edgy.

The fact they wehre not edgy but trying to be made the ironic part work well.
>>
>>9581725
>>9581696
How do you not see the irony of what you're saying?

Word meanings change. Context matters.
>>
>>9581727
>point being: it's stupid to take insults over wrongly.
>even more stupid if everyone starts doing it.

To me it still feels stupid. I don't think the context changes a meaning like that. I think people are just stupid ignorant herd animals who blindly say what they heard someone else say, even if they don't know how and when to use it. A word can change by actual redefining, but not by idiots who blindly repeat stuff they don't understand so often people get used to it.

Like I said, unpopular opinion.
>>
>>9581725
>I'm saying that creating a new context by using an insult wrongly is stupid, even if the new context becomes commonly used.

But anon, this is literally how language evolves? How are you this dumb?
>>
>>9581741
>>9581741
generally, it doesn't evolve by people being idiots and blindly repeating others wrongly. Generally, it evolves because what it being said makes sense in some kind of way, which is why it get's repeated. Also, a lot of times, it's something that has no proper way of saying yet, so people create a way to say it.
>>
>>9581725
>I guess it's an unpopular opinion indeed.
I think you are not understanding the site you are on. I don't think its possible that you've been posting here longer than say, three months tops.

You are painstakingly new...
There's a reason why people are yelling the word "context" at you right now. Because lots of words are used incorrectly on this site.

Before you can go dissecting what people are saying, you gotta know both meanings of the word.

>it can't mean this
It does have its own meaning here, however.
>>
>>9581802
It's used in this very same context all over the web and in real life, which is why it get's so annoying. People do it everywhere. It's not a 4chan thing, it's a people in general thing.

I know how people are using it, I know and understand both "meanings". It just get's annoying everyone is using it so wrongly because they are blindly repeating other peoples insults. And whenever I use it in it's original context, people get mad because they don't even know what it means.
>>
>>9581832
No.. the meaning on 4chan is different from how it's used on other sites. You're talking about it being used for models and shit.. Yeah, that's the normie definition.

Then there is the 4chan definition. It's different than when people post on worldstar or instagram. I've seen it on other sites too. But on here it means, "behavior we don't agree with to appear more moral than you"
>>
>>9581835
>"behavior we don't agree with to appear more moral than you"
Ah alright, that definition does sound somewhat logic. My bad then. My dislike was meant towards the huge amount of people who use it as an insult to anyone anywhere on the web or in real life, even tho people are not being "edgy" in an sarcastic or non-sarcastic way. Literally the moments where people use the word randomly because it's a popular insult, but have no clue what it means, only that it's an insult. (The original insulting version was to some emo/scene kids being attentionwhores I believe, not fashion related, that was just an example of it actually being used in a non-insulting way).

I just feel using words you don't understand simply because it's popular to use is stupid, and edgy is one that's nowadays very popular in to use like that. My bad if it wasn't intended like that this time.
>>
>>9575914
If you're going from 3D model to finished/prop/costume accessory there is still a ton of work involved. It's just a different way of going about making it.
>>
>>9580772
Yeah exactly look at dudes like Moderately Okay, Phil Mizuno, and J. Hart.
Some people may disagree but they do have good costumes, wigs, and photos. They don't just want to make Halo or Mass effect armor so they're actually interesting too.
>>
File: IMG_0517.jpg (140KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0517.jpg
140KB, 1200x675px
No. 1
The cosplayers who complain a lot about craftsmanship, sexy costumes, and how someone looks in general are just as circle jerky and annoying as their hated titty cosplayer counterparts. This used to be me. Idk if it's just me getting a bit more mature about it or what but the super elitists can eat shit.
I would say about 8 times out of 10 the titty cosplayers are even more accepting of others than people who think they're the "real" cosplayers.
I wish people could take a minute to realize that a lot of the people just doing this out of love and as a hobby shouldn't be expected to have everything about what they do be perfect.
I only really don't like a cosplayer anymore if they're an obvious attention whore who wants maximum popularity pissing match rights for minimal costume effort, basically tits and wig types of people. Or just general toxics.
No.2
This board has been totally taken over by Lolita and Jfash shit. I know that's for a reason but I miss being able to come here almost every day to talk about cosplay and convention stuff.
I would make more threads but there really isn't as many people around here anymore that want to talk about cosplay outside of the help threads or when a big con thread rolls around.
>>
>>9581853
>My dislike was meant towards the huge amount of people who use it as an insult to anyone anywhere on the web or in real life
We're actually on the same page. I have a huge distaste for shitty 4chan culture and similar sites who help drive this culture.

Honestly I feel like if you call someone edgy, especially if it's for something like "how dare she smoke cigarettes, absolutely pig disgusting she only took a picture of it to be ~edgy~" then you're probably edgy yourself.
Much like people who come here to say shit is cringe are pretty cringey themselves. And if you call them on it, they get hella defensive.

However, I find repetitive memes to be appalling and gulls who take part in that shit are the reason there is so much misinformation on this board.
>>
>>9581962
Yeah. It sucks the cosplay.com boards went to shit. I miss having forums to talk cosplay. Facebook is just too much of a hassle. Navigation sucks, picture storage sucks, making a cosplay only account page is a nightmare.

I just want to meet cosplayers over 20 in my area.
>>
>>9581962
Then you don't agree with me at all. I have a huge dislike for people using words (wrong because) they don't know the exact definition and use it solely because it's a trend to use the word.

I don't even mind the word "edgy" being used, as long as it's done correctly.

I actually prefer 4chan to most places. I feel like many places are way to sugarcoated because people need there safespace and can't take responsibilities. I like how people can say their honest opinion on 4chan without being witch-hunted and find that here on cgl, people generally aren't that bad. Site, there are people just creating bait or drama, but in general, I feel that 4chan is more honest in any kind of reply or concrit, even when it's harsh.

I tend to be the person who refuses to sugarcoat on places like Facebook too. People's reaction is general to send me hate PMs with no real context without saying what I did wrong, then block me before I can reply. That way, I can't find what groups I have incommon and what it was I did wrong, other than it most likely me stating my opinion as respectful as possible, but it not being the opinion they want to hear.

In all honesty, I hate humans in itself. They're egocentric, ignorant and hypocritical in there very nature, one just shows it less than another (and yes, that also includes myself). When people are being really big idiots, I don't mind them being called out. If people don't want that, they should learn to think before posting things online instead of crying on Facebook, tumblr, or even here on 4chan.

And unlike common believe I'm a happy person with real life friends, where I behave just like this. People know I won't always have a nice opinion, but that if they ask me I will always be honest and am always ready to help friends in any way I can. The only ones considering me a bitch are people in need of a safespace, generally only meet them online.
>>
>>9582166
Jesus Christ just see a therapist already goddamn dude let it go
>>
>>9582166
>I like how people can say their honest opinion
You can. but most don't.
>>
>>9581455
Holy lantern is actually cute and I want it too.
>>
>>9582166
>I have a huge dislike for people using words wrong
>there very nature
>common believe
>>
>>9581651
I guess I can't cosplay Pikachu anymore.
>>
>>9582391
Difference in typo and using a word wrong. I mean using it as if it has a different definition...
>>
>>9581133
>>9581176
This is interesting but doesn't change anything. They still look unnatural just like whites in Native American clothes or kimono.

>>9581591
No one in the thread agreed with my opinion, why do you think other consider it okay?

>>9581594
I was serious.

>>9581645
Where exactly did I say that Asians can't wear those clothes? I said they look weird in them to me, stop twisting my words. Also it's not bait, just my opinion that is unpopular.
>>
>>9582426
Yeah, but you're losing ground because you come off as being an unintelligent doofus who doesn't even take the two seconds it would usually take to reread what you've written before hitting post.
>>
File: 1458283059189.jpg (274KB, 960x763px) Image search: [Google]
1458283059189.jpg
274KB, 960x763px
>>9582435
>They still look unnatural
I feel like that is part of the point...

it's not like white people look more natural in it.. no one does, it's weird alt fash.
>>
>>9582732
Fair point, but for me it's mainly just that I find 4chan posting boxes horribly annoying. They're small and when I try to select something further than the size of the box it scrolls way to far. I'm also dyslectic, so I sometimes just don't notice typos well. But like I said, fair point.
>>
>>9582737
>I feel like that is part of the point...
A lot of Japanese lolitas want to look like dolls, so they like when their eyes look fake and emotionless.
>>
>>9582963
there's just as many white girls who pull the weird blank doll stare and look equally as unnatural and tryhard.
>>
>>9583017
If you want people to look natural and like they're not making much effort you're on the wrong board
>>
Wigs aren't always mandatory. Sometimes they are, and sometimes they are. If you can style your natural hair like the character, go for it. Some cosplay look better with natural hair anyway.
>>
>>9583019
i was just countering their point that it's only a thing that Asians do when it's prevalent in our community regardless of race

anon is just racist as fuck
>>
>>9583293
Stop assuming everyone is the same anon
>>
>>9582737
Tbf this is a pretty odd-looking girl.
>>
>>9583372
*old
>>
>>9583369
doesn't change that they're (you're) racist
>>
>>9583239
>Sometimes they are, and sometimes they are
Ha.
>>
>>9583372
Yes.

>>9583381
No.
>>
>>9583410
Typo. You get the idea though. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.
>>
>>9583537
>needing to defend a typo
>>
>>9583549
That's actually just how I talk.
>>
I don't think makeup is mandatory for a costume.

But, honestly, if you must, no makeup is better than bad makeup. No makeup just makes you look normal/plain. Bad makeup is actively distracting and detrimental.
>>
>>9583553
You talk in typos?
>>
>>9581397
I'm a metalhead lolita that doesn't give a fuck what other people at the show think of me. I'm there to support the band and have fun. If my dress gets dirty (and it will since if I don't spill alcohol on it, someone will), I'll -gasp- wash it.
>>
>>9581399
Right? I love metal but find quite a lot of the general comm to be cringe af.
>>
>>9581432
>I wanted her to know
Well, actually...
>>
>>9581491
>Getting hit by a drunk asshole
That's when I either hit back (ymmv - I'm 175 cm of confident, weight-lifting woman) or point the guy out to venue staff so he can be removed. I won't start shit but will sure af finish it.
>>
>>9581258
>Japan lets you wear jeans with lolita
What the fuck? You do understand Japan invented "ita", not us?
>non-Easy asians this non-East asians that
Just sounds like you're a weeb to me.
>Larme is not a street fashion
It's absolutely a street fashion and actually one of the few you'll find in Japan these days. Just because it looks more casual to you doesn't mean it's not alternative. Not everything is bright like fairy kei or obvious like lolita.
>>
>>9569039
THIS
>>
>>9568574
I agree with everything you Said, especially the part about lolita's not Being fun to hang out with. Has anyone else been considering leaving their comm lately? Sometimes I get tired of all the shallow conversations and fakeness.
>>
>>9583393
All I said was a lot of Japanese lolitas like to look like dolls, the fuck?
>>
>>9583602
I think the anon you are replying to is bait but larme is not a street fashion because it was created for a magazine
>>
>>9581891
When livejournal died a lot more people migrated here. I'm personally into both (no, not combining the two) so I'm placated either way, but I get what you mean.

My (unpopular?) opinions
>I classify people who call others "lolis" as itas. It doesn't matter how you actually dress.
>Most prints are ugly and I feel they're only popular because of nostalgia value/"aesthetic"
>While I appreciate people still being ruthless on this board (and am a little nostalgic for the older days) sometimes I feel like there's a pressure to be unnecessarily argumentive. Sometimes I just want to admit I was wrong, because I am and I learned something from the conversation. Be constructive and shit.
>I'd rather see simpler cosplays from source material with well developed characters than stunningly intricate cosplay of a character with no real personality.
>>
People who go to cons with their friends in low quality and thrown together cosplay and have a good time are more authentic, true cosplayer and con-goer than people who spend all their time concerned with how exact and high quality a cosplay is.
>>
>Fashion for women is made to appeal to men & that includes Lolita. Any straight/bi Lolita that says she's dressing for herself/her comm & not men/her bf is just lying to herself. You may not be an ageplayer but the fact remains us straight women dress up to appeal & look cute to men, or at least I do & I don't find anything wrong with that.

>I'm a lone Lolita, I only wear it for dates (not even an ageplayer but I do wear it to look cute & appeal to guys) regardless what seagulls would say imo I'm STILL more of a Lolita than girls who only wear it to meets & conventions, at least I'm treating it like fancy, cute date-wear & not a costume. Tbh I don't even understand comm culture in the first place, its a cute fashion not a costume.

>Lolitas who like to play the ageplay police & are prudish kinkshamers are just bitter jelly cunts that hate the fact they're still single & can't attract a guy, probably all cat-lady spinsters too.

>Only certain types of classic & OTT classic work, mainly simple but beautiful VM/MM coords, sweet classic like IW & even some OTT pure maiden Madonna/Nun like coords (with the veils & flower crowns) OTT Mary Antoinette style classic with ruffle overload & tea length dresses are just ugly & the worst & most unflattering style of Lolita.

>Victorian Maiden & Mary Magdelene >>>>> JetJ. JetJ is an Ita brand for the most part & is barely even Lolita anymore, only a few of their old, non-printed items & animal & religious prints are fine. Most of their painting dresses are hideous though!

>Triple Fortune is also an Ita brand

& Last but not least, not all J-fashions are 'glorious kawaiiness~' here are just a few I can't stand.

>Ganguro Gyaru

Blackface & racism ain't kawaii

>Mori

Frumpy bag-lady kei ain't kawaii

>OTT 'Mary Antoinette style' Classic

Grandma-kei is DEFINITELY not kawaii!

I'm well prepared to get shat on for these views, salty gulls in 3, 2, 1....--
>>
>>9584860
Your obsession with whether people dress for people they want to fuck and ageplay are really telling, anon.

If you're into ageplay, that's your right. Just like it's our right to think you're creepy and nasty.

You sound really lonely and insecure, anon :( hope things start looking up for you soon.
>>
>>9584860
>I'm a lone Lolita

Can't imagine why with such a charming personality.
>>
>>9584881
>>9584883
My prediction over salty gulls over my UNPOPULAR opinions in an UNPOPULAR opinions thread was right on the nose.

I especially like how I was automatically assumed to be an ageplayer just cause I had the audacity to admit I wear Lolita for dudes & judge others who judge ageplayers despite openly admitting that I'm NOT one.

Never change /cgl/, never change kek.
>>
>>9584860
ah yes this is delicious bait
>>
>> I can't stand it when dudes dress like lolita without applying any makeup whatsoever.
>>
>>9584883

>No one is ever a Lonelita by choice.

?? Because some people want to treat it like the fashion that it is instead of a fandom?
>>
>>9584860
Oh forgot to mention, natural-kei & shironui-kei are also ugly af!
>>
>>9584891
Ntayrt but they never said nobody is a lonelita by choice. You seem defensive anon, you okay?
>>
>>9583717
But what if you do both?
>>9584860
>Only certain types of classic & OTT classic work, mainly simple but beautiful VM/MM coords, sweet classic like IW & even some OTT pure maiden Madonna/Nun like coords (with the veils & flower crowns) OTT Mary Antoinette style classic with ruffle overload & tea length dresses are just ugly & the worst & most unflattering style of Lolita.

>Victorian Maiden & Mary Magdelene >>>>> JetJ. JetJ is an Ita brand for the most part & is barely even Lolita anymore, only a few of their old, non-printed items & animal & religious prints are fine. Most of their painting dresses are hideous though!

I agree with these. But then again, I usually wear toned down VM/MM/(some)IW. Fanny Rosie is my queen.

As for dressing for men, I dress more because I feel beautiful and authentically me in it/I think it looks beautiful on other women. I also care about my boyfriend's opinion(although he came after I started lolita and made the conscious deduction that he liked my style) on how I look and think it's adorable when little boys/girls think I'm a princess and act really politely towards me (I once was at a butterfly garden and a small child tried to pick me flowers. It was so cute).
I'm bi, so I guess it's a little of both.
>>
>>9584988
I guess I just feel beautiful/cute fashion in general is made to help us better appeal to our respective attracted sex, remember being nude or in just very simple, comfortable & easy to move in clothes is what truly comes naturally to us; why would we even want to look beautiful/cute if not for a mate's approval?

There's no shame in admitting & accepting that either, I feel its thanks to the current SJW & feminism clusterfuck that more & more women are ashamed of accepting this & try to put on airs with the whole "I dress FOR ME~!!"

There's no shame in wanting to dress for a mate, its normal & natural. Of course if I ever dared post this opinion on tumblr I'd probably get crucified by crazy feminists.
>>
>>9584988
>But what if you do both?
Then I guess you're alright.
>>
>>9584994
I mean while I agree to an extent, dressing in toned down classic is comfy and easy for me to move around in. There's also the added notion of what your respective society considers ideal in terms of women and femininity. Lolita...doesn't exactly match up with the current ideal. But, it's what I feel best aligns with how I feel I am. Arguing that I'm doing it for men is valid, but I'd rather refine that statement to reflect since I'm dressing in a way that I'm happiest, I'm advertising how I am as a woman and thus attracting people who are complementary to that. It's implicit, not conscious. I think we're kinda on the same page at the end of the day, you're just a little more deliberate about it
t. I wear this stuff daily
>>
>>9585005
Whoops forgot to mention my main point more nakedly: wearing lolita isn't to attract men in general, it's to attract certain types of men/women. But, it can also be argued that by not appealing to the lowest common denominator and wearing what I think is beautiful, it's also a form of self expression. Both are two sides of the same coin, it just depends what you prioritize at the given moment for what reasoning you subscribe to
>>
>>9585005
Well I was brought up to believe & studied that men, at least alpha men are generally attracted to femininity, cuteness & innocence. It symbolizes that one is young & a virgin that hasn't been touched by any other man, always trying to look young is a must if a woman wants to keep their man's attention on her since men can't help but be attracted to young women (NOT kids though, there's nothing normal about a man being attracted to prepubescent women that's a legit gross mental disorder) since it signals prime fertility.

I think this is why when I first started getting into the fashion & lurking online I was honestly confused by how many Lolitas seemed absolutely ~scandalized~ & ~shocked~ over some of the more cutesy designs AP puts out, automatically attributing it to some deviant fetish. Its not, its just a certain overly cute style meant for very feminine women who want to attract very dominant men who find such innocence & the fact they got all dressed up just for them appealing. This is all just very natural & not indicative of pedo behavior at all, but the West has become so hyper-feminist & 'PC' that a woman daring to dress childish or younger than she is offends their delicate progressive sensibilities. Why else do y'all think kawaii fashion & culture is so normalized in Japan compared to here & no one there would even THINK of hurling age play accusations towards women dressed in OTT sweet AP?

TD;LR: Feminism & SJW warped women's minds & the west as well, now anything trying to make women ultra cute & appealing is seen as 'deviant' & a 'fetish.'

>inb4 some salty tumblrina yells at me to go back to /pol/

Anyways it was nice talking to you anon, glad to see there's still some sane Lolitas left in this fashion.
>>
File: 14fzEpS.jpg (47KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
14fzEpS.jpg
47KB, 625x626px
>>9585014
>>
>>9585014
Thank you for talking with me! I think there's some evidence to support your line of thinking, my boyfriend is quite the mountain man (while still having nerdy interests/cosplaying with me).
(Also it might be surprising but I actually consider myself a feminist in terms of equal rights. Maybe that's why I see things in a slightly different shade. I'm also a burger in a particularly blue area, which might contribute. I just think a broad movement attracts many types of people, and unfortunately right now a lot of people in the movement are a bit light on brains)
Sage for OT
>>
>>9581857
>>9575914
>3d printing is cheating for cosplay
Different anon, but I feel the same way. 3D printing does admittedly have some work involved, but if it's the kind of model that you can just rip something from a game, print it out, sand it, and paint it, then that's just lazy. If I find out something is 3d printed instead of scratch built or even bought, I lose a lot of interest/respect in whatever that object is, be it an accessory, or a prop or a toy or whatever.
>>
>>9584860
If a woman wants to appeal to men, there's about a thousand other things she could wear that are higher up on the list than lolita. The truth is that most men don't like lolita and don't really like the way girls look in it unless it is specifically their interest/fetish. Of course I want to look cute for my boyfriend, but it's still me who picks the style of clothing. If my boyfriend thought I'd look most attractive in crop tops and skinny jeans I still wouldn't wear them.
>>
>>9580914
Kind of interesting how the tattoo hate comments don't get as much flak when it's essentially the same complaint.
>>
>>9585023
I'm honestly fine with feminists, just as long as they're moderate & not the crazy SJW type ones.
>>
>>9584891
You dress for guys, but you are lonelita by a choice. Bait harder anon.
>>
>>9585136
I think she meant she's a lonelita in the context of not joining a comm/only wearing Lolita for dates.
>>
>>9584860
Projection much?
>>
>>9583821

>I fucking hate panels were the hosts sole function is being in cosplay
>>
>>9584860
You sound very self centered- 'I dress for men therefore everyone else does too' 'JetJ is ita therefore it is' The fact that you're a lone Lolita is no surprise given how elitist you are in your unpopular opinions about why we dress the way we do and about the Japanese brands that help shape the many styles of Lolita. You've never contributed anything to the Lolita community and you've probably never even been to Japan. Your opinions are yours but far from the truth. Get out more and meet more people anon.
>>
>>9585220
>seagull trying to use 'elitist' as an insult
>Acts like going to Japan is the be all & end all that every girl should strive for

Oh I am laffing!

>you've probably never even been to Japan

Unfortunately not all of us that dress in Lolita are weebs or think Japan is the be-all, end-all of everything. I just like some of their fashion, but thank you for reminding me that I made the right decision in never joining a comm. Its clearly obvious most of you really are a bunch of nerds whom I probably have nothing in common with besides an interest in Lolita.

Now I see where all the pearl-clutching, ageplay vilification comes from. You're all pretty much the female equivalent to forever alone beta-male nerds, most of you are either single or settling for some 5/10 beta rather than a 10/10 rich Chad.
>>
>>9585266
Visiting Japan is not about being a weeb or thinking the Japanese are right about everything. It's expanding your cultural bubble by experiencing more than just your own small town since you have such strong opinions about the fashion. But this is cgl so I don't expect everyone to live beyond the Internet.
>>
>>9585326
stop eating the bait please
>>
>>9585033
I always complain about those when I see them but obviously I can't respond to the ones I don't see.

I think tattoos are ok and I think that regardless of what it is, just get over it. Like piercings, tattoos and scars should be fine but 4chin moral police needs to act as grandma to tell the younguns all about how tattoos and piercings are gross.
>>
I hate Love Live and don't understand the love for it. It's moeshit weeb trash. Also Nico is absolute shit why is it that all the girls love her so much.
All my friends love this shit anime and i'm kinda tired to hear them go Niconico Nii and sing Love Live/put on LL songs everytime we're together
>>
Muslims shouldn't wear Lolita. If they can't wear it in their respected countries, then they shouldn't wear it here. They're breaking the rules and then claiming Islamophobia for anyone who disagrees.
>>
No one who isn't young, thin and female should wear clothes. They don't deserve fashion at all, they only ruin the clothes and hurt everyone else's eyes. The fabric is better used for the beautiful people
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.