[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"How the hell do I pose for pictures" thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Post poses for pics. (also any advice on how to look better in them and similar things are welcome) Let it be casual outfit shots,group/friend shot,photoshoot,sitting or standing up,...Anything is good.

I'm going to do a photoshoot in lolita next week and realized I succ at poses and need inspo. If anyone has any tips to be less nervous/be more photogenic i would love to hear them.
>>
File: IMG_0341.png (3MB, 1199x1894px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0341.png
3MB, 1199x1894px
I photograph lolita frequently so I've been meaning to make a guide. Here's one thrown together for posing your legs, if it helps at all I might make one for posing your arms too.
And when doing a shoot you can always ask for posing help from the photographer.
>>
File: 019ee15ebe466c2bb3d307fd270f7321.jpg (111KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
019ee15ebe466c2bb3d307fd270f7321.jpg
111KB, 683x1024px
>>9567219
Thanks anon! I did know about these in general but they're a helpful reminder
>>
Mintkismet's guide is good
http://mintkismet.blogspot.com/2015/08/lolita-posing-101.html

And Milkb0x has a outbid video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQtHTI6oG_E
>>
Let us not forget (mainly derp poses but still)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DMb0beDuio
>>
What do I do with my face though?? I literally am the worst at face posing
>>
>>9568067
seconding this. And if I try to smile I look like I'm about to eat children.
>>
>>9568067
>>9568078
I have a super ugly smile so looking slightly down to the right with a slight pout has never failed me.
>>
>>9568175
Thanks anon. Will try.
I usually try to look as if i'm either slightly pouting or daydreaming/being melancholic. I usually try to make a very veryyy subtle "duck face" to make my lips look pouty/not have my mouth completely closed and I look better than when I smile.
>>
>>9567219
thank you, anon
>>
Please keep your back straight, chin tilted down, with gentle smiles. Straight face is good sometimes too
>>
I have scout trooper armor but I don't know any poses. I always feel awkward taking pics because I use the same pose for like everything. Does anyone know any interesting stormtrooper poses?
>>
>>9573172
When taking photo's from front or almost front., press your face forward. It's one of those feels stupid but looks good on camera tricks, because it eliminates possible underchins and pulls the skin in your neck more tight.

Don't do it on side view tho, nor 3/4 view. It looks odd when your face is pushed to the front in those views (just like in real life). Then it's best to keep looking strait up while elongating your neck to prevent wrinkling in your neck/the look of double chins.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 692x764px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 692x764px
>>9573172
>>9573172
Just pressed send and remembered I wanted to say something more.

Otherwise, look in the mirror what expressions look good and you and fit the look you're going for. Also, try to find your best angles, and always try to find the light with your face.

Personally, I don't mind retouching before posting online, and I rarely see people minding it, but retouching and swooping are two very different things. Retouching should make you look like you had a perfect day (appearance wise) but not change your apperance otherwise (small wrinkles gone (nothing big), smoothening skin, making the lighting perfect, etc). Swooping, or other kinds of more extreme photoshop are generally not as appriciated. Also, don't use an exesive amount of filters, it looks cheap and tends to make it look like your hiding something. Some good old photoshop retouching will always look a thousand times better anyways. If photoshop cost too much, try Krita, which is opensource and free, and also pretty good. Tutorials and so learning might be a bit harder tho. Point is, don't feel afraid to retouch or grap photoshop, people hate on filters or swooping, rarely retouching. Pretty much any worn stock photo and any proffesional modeling photo is retouched (pic related. Top row is Midori on random shots, bottom two are Midori on proffesional shots. You can see she has more blemishes, wrinkles and darkness under her eye).

For smiling. Try praticing smiling with your mouth closed, but without losing your lips. It generally looks more cute. There is a reason Japanese tend to say we do "horselaughing".
>>
>>9574623
top right isn't Midori, it's Yui
>>
>>9567131
You're supposed to have an idea of the kinds of photos you want before you shoot, so you should already have a vague idea of the poses you want.

But for the simple fact that the photographer is the only one who can see the composition, the photographer is supposed to pose you.
>>
File: models2014-2.jpg (89KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
models2014-2.jpg
89KB, 720x450px
>>9574651
My excuses. I don't know Midori too well, but Misako (normally my go to) isn't showing her age as much so It's less obvious, so I figured I use the next one that come to mind. I used google to get the images for now, and didn't notice so fast.

Even so, the point stays about retouching. Googling her I hope I found the right person now (I honestly didn't now Yui, I don't keep too much track of lolita specific models). You can still see the difference between her non-touched-up face and when it's done.
>>
>>9574427
I think silly poses are the best for these kind of cosplays. But it's kinda difficult to think of any pose that isn't repetitive. Look at what other cosplayers do?
>>
>>9574623
Horse laughing/idiot laughing isn't just about showing teeth anon, it's that westerners often throw their heads back/open their mouth + expose teeth +some sort of loud noise.

It's just generally frowned upon for women to show the inside of their mouths too, so you get girls covering their smiles/laughs and doing this fake smile for pictures. It's less common for men to do it, but in recent years you see more of it with men too.

You can tell the difference between a japanese girl who was raised in japan and a japanese girl who spent time in the west growing up 99% of the time because of this.

>sage for off topic educating people
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.