[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General - otona alice edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 40

File: tumblr_oot9czvIfC1wo5eaeo1_1280.jpg (104KB, 660x459px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oot9czvIfC1wo5eaeo1_1280.jpg
104KB, 660x459px
Previous thread: >>9561697

Welcome: adult alices
Not welcome: muggles
>>
>>9565050
What are these series and what is the brand, anon?
>>
File: anxious.png (103KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
anxious.png
103KB, 500x281px
>tfw bbys first burando purchases somewhere on a boat in the ocean
Damn FJ and surface post being the only cheap option. I've got three packages between 2 weeks and 5 weeks old and I just hope they get here before AWA in case there's a tea party event.
>>
Which of you gulls got the goodwill dresses just now?
>>
>>9565106
Always bump it up to the next cheapest option, anon. I'm sure most of us have learned the hard way with that. It's really not worth the minuscule amount you save when it's out there for years on some ocean. By the time it arrives, it doesn't tend to feel that fun, either. You're usually just glad it's (probably) arrived intact.
>>
>>9565162
I think for mine the next cheapest was an extra $20 per package. I just didn't think surface would take so long since Japan post tends to always be good to me. Apparently my luck ran out.
>>
Can I please get some taobao blouse and classic/ gothic dress shop recommendations from the anons shilling taobao in the last general? The taobao threads here are always full of people with shit taste, I want to hear from actual lolitas
>>
>>9565230
Please go to the taobao thread
Don't ruin this one
>>
File: tumblr_oot9e9lkZC1wo5eaeo1_1280.jpg (124KB, 660x471px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oot9e9lkZC1wo5eaeo1_1280.jpg
124KB, 660x471px
>>9565086
It's from Eternita. Will tell you the brands when I can read it.
>>
Two more dresses on Goodwill:

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Two-Lolita-Dresses-Purple-Princess--Music-Theme-41452104.html
>>
File: goodwill_lolita.jpg (593KB, 1154x1056px) Image search: [Google]
goodwill_lolita.jpg
593KB, 1154x1056px
>>9565346
pic of the dresses
>>
>>9565346
This makes me so sad. I really wonder what happened to this girl...makes me think about what would happen to my dresses if I died suddenly.
>>
>>9565351
Oh man I love dll, and that price... But they don't ship outside the US. Bummer.
>>
>>9565351
They're such recent releases too. I just hope that whoever ends up with her dresses will really cherish them, that's all I could hope for if something so sudden happened to me and my family/friends who know nothing about lolita had to deal with my stuff. I hope whichever gulls end up winning the auctions really love these dresses.
>>
Antique beasT is open for business. Now would be a good time to get some accessories for Halloween coords in case they don't open next month or there's a delay.
>>
How open is JetJ to rerelease suggestions? Especially to their non-print pieces?
>>
>>9565387
they are still closed to me.
>>
>>9565460
Ah my bad, I misread the email. But they should open in about an hour and a half.
>>
>>9565468
ah, that explains
>>
>>9565387
For anyone who's wondering: in 2015 I paid 1,500 yen for international shipping (just the bat headdress though).
>>
What do you consider plus size in this fashion? I'm a US dress size 10-12, which isn't technically plus in American sizing but is definitely far too big to fit anything except a small percentage of brand. On LM I sold a Taobao dress recently that fit me with plenty of room to spare so I marked it as plus size friendly. The buyer complained that she did not consider it plus size friendly at all. So what should be the cutoff for plus size designation? I personally thought that anything that fits a 100cm bust and 80cm waist comfortably is lolita plus size, but maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>9565616
no, you're pretty much correct. in lolita terms plus size is 100cm bust 80cm waist pretty much.

did you list the measurements with the listing? if so, it's not your failt for the buyer not fitting into it.
>>
>>9565625
*fault
>>
>>9565625
I didn't list the measurements but I provided a Lolibrary link. I usually provide additional measurements or notes if I think something listed on Lolibrary is incorrect or misleading, but this time it was accurate.
>>
>>9565629
Even though this might seem hand holdy, next time you might want to copy and paste the measurements from Lolibrary into your description with a note like "measurements from Lolibrary" just to be sure.
It might seem unnessesary, but as a buyer I had a stupid thing on this scale happen to me a little while ago; the seller and I could not agree if an item was damaged, mostly because the proof photos weren't detailed enough to prove or disprove either of us. Things were eventually settled out but emotions ran high on both sides over something that could have been prevented pretty easily.
>>
>finally head over to order a misty sky OP
>mfw its sold out

kms
>>
File: POPUNITED.jpg (248KB, 627x665px) Image search: [Google]
POPUNITED.jpg
248KB, 627x665px
Does anyone know much about POPUNITED? It's on newstands in Japan and is several issues in.
>>
>>9565679
YDI, they let people know it was limited
>>
Does anyone else feel really creepy about saving someone's coords to your computer or pinterest? None of my favourite lolitas are efamous so they probably don't know I have a file dedicated to them.
>>
>>9565721
If it wasn't posted publically, yes. But if it's public stuff imo it's fair game. I feel way weirder about saving coord photos from Japanese girl's blogs from like 2002, because back then we didn't think as much about "oh yeah, this might be floating around 900 social media sites years from now" so they probably thought nothing of posting those photos.
>>
File: 15d4zuc_d.jpg (85KB, 640x961px) Image search: [Google]
15d4zuc_d.jpg
85KB, 640x961px
What do you think of mixing old school elements with new lolita dresses? For example striped socks, a teddybear, peeking bloomers, big black mary janes with a pink/blue/red dress and ringlets. (I know these examples aren't exclusively old school, but combined they make me think of old school)
>>
>>9565616
Some people are in denial about how "plus size" they really are. Maybe you encountered a big fat in a rage about the existence of small fats.
>>
>>9565169
I always send packages containing lots of brand with EMS. If's it's small enough, I use air small packet, which gets here in about 2 weeks and is cheaper.
>>
File: blouse.jpg (14KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
blouse.jpg
14KB, 250x333px
Can anyone help me ID the name of this blouse? I found the stock picture, but can't find the name.
>>
Trying to get a JetJ dress altered as it doesn't fit me around my waist.

I sent an email to JetJ about altering the dress, but several concerns were raised about the age of the dress (~10 years old) and it could not be altered around the waist. Should I alter it through JetJ or through a local alterations place?
>>
>>9565749
My first order was tossed in with a big surugaya order, the second one was a dress + a bag, and the third is a big itabag + Bodyline RHS.

next time I think I'll just consolidate it all into one big box but even my E-Express order from Taobao with some shoes/blouses is now two days late with no updates in five days.
>>
>>9565230
gothic:
>69th dept, dark box, surface spell gothic, krad lanrete
classic:
>dear celine, miss point, magic tea party, yolanda
blouses:
>infanta, dear celine, little dipper, pumpkin cat, surface spell (and SSgothic--sister brand, does custom size)

dear celine and 69th department are tip-top tier taobao. the rest are reputable and reliable in quality but SS and KL can take a long ass time.
>>
File: meta_teddyjump.jpg (263KB, 487x645px) Image search: [Google]
meta_teddyjump.jpg
263KB, 487x645px
The meta Teddy bear jumpsuit is on Lacemarket.

I've bought from the seller before, she's dependable.
>>
>>9565639
Yeah, this. I always list out the measurements even if it's on lolibrary because people don't do the legwork themselves.

I've also answered several questions regarding measurements in comments because people don't read. Better safe than sorry when it comes to the general stupidity of certain buyers.
>>
>>9565792
I'm kinda glad the auction is set for a while because I really want that one teddy motors dream anon to finally get this. no sign of her yet so let's hope she sees it in the next few weeks.
>>
>>9565639
Yeah, this is probably best to do from now on. Thanks!
>>
>>9565730
where do you find those blogs? I know the post in livejournal with a list but nearly all are dead links.
>>
>>9565086

Alice in Wonderland-
Emblem Check Onepiece - ¥29000
Brand: Lois Crayon

Necklace-¥24800
Brand- Michal Negrin

Harry Potter Series-

Piping Messenger Glen Check Jacket-¥10800
Yoke Lace Blouse-¥6800
Piping Messenger Glen Check Skirt-¥7800
Gilly Boots-¥7600
Brand: an another angelus

Necklace-¥13500
Ring-¥14800
Brand: Michal Negrin
>>
>>9565772
I haven't bought from every brand listed here, but in my experience MTP and Infanta are Bodyline quality or worse. Of course I wouldn't expect Japanese brand quality at their pricing but I also wouldn't recommend them to people.
>>
>>9565772
>>9565841
There is a taobao thread
>>
>>9565862
See OP (>>9565230)
>The taobao threads here are always full of people with shit taste, I want to hear from actual lolitas
>>
>>9565879
That's because people who buy lolita from taobao have shit taste
>>
>>9565834
I get mine via blessed Old School Photodump Anon, idk if there's more than one of those anons in the Old School thread, but when they dump, I pin and save. Personally I am not good at archive web hunting.
>>
>>9565838
Thanks for the really detailed information, anon! I really love that Harry Potter series.
>>
>>9565721
I saved a coord I liked and later met that girl at a con, it was so awkward because I had no idea she was still around or that she lived near me
>>
>>9565459
All they seem to do now are rereleases. You might just give it a shot and ask them.
>>
>>9564429
nameless poem op, if you sell it lmk
>>
>>9565764

Honestly if you already have a good seamstress near you I'd just go with the seamstress. No need to send the dress overseas and you'll be available in person for measurements and to try on the dress.

Which dress is it and are you altering bigger or smaller? I'm just wondering why they say it's not possible to alter the waist, either you're making the waist smaller and will cut off part of the print, or you're making it bigger but there's not enough fabric... maybe the dress really can't be altered while keeping the original design.
>>
>>9566425
It's this dress. Trying to make it bigger. https://lolibrary.org/items/j-et-j-la-robe-danne-marie-jsk
>>
>>9565346
>>9565351
I hope this girl just decided to completely change her life up and ditch lolita or something. This looks a bit tragic right now.
>>
>>9566449
>a lolita giving her brand away to Goodwill

She probably died and this is her nrmie family giving away her "weird" doll dresses.
>>
>>9566436

If you only need an inch extra, there's a small chance that there's enough fabric in the seams to let it out just one inch by making all the seams narrower by 1/4 inch at every seam, but with how old the dress is there's likely to be a line of holes where the old seams used to be (which would be why JetJ is worried about the age of the dress). Might be a better idea to try a (real) corset or waist trainer and see if you can reduce your waist by that one inch instead of altering the dress.

If you need more than just an inch, yeah, it's not really possible to alter that dress bigger and still keep the cut. Best way I can think of is to add panels in between the existing bodice panels, but you can't just add that at the sides under the armpits, so you're going to have to add more panels to the front as well, which is a pretty massive change to the design. And we haven't even discussed where the fabric for the extra panels will come from, JetJ probably no longer has this fabric, so either you cut up the skirt and make it narrower, or you start adding solid fabric, changing up the design even more. Seriously not worth the effort, at that point you're better off selling this dress instead and commissioning a lookalike (if you really like the design that much) or buying a different dress (if it's the JetJ label that matters to you).

If you really want this specific print, give some thought to keeping just the skirt. You don't have to convert it into a skirt, you can have your seamstress make a bodice from new, solid-colour fabric and swap out the old bodice for the solid-colour bodice.
>>
File: pop(9).jpg (416KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
pop(9).jpg
416KB, 595x842px
>Milky Pony Carnival
>Obviously a perfect fit for this print
>>
>>9566585
>those cuts
wtf, they're fantastic. I guess it's just because they're a throwback to the prime of OTT sweet.

I wish people would actually e-mail them and tell them they like cuts like this and use this series as an example.
>>
>>9566592
I hope nobody feels entitled enough to do this
>>
>>9566596
It's entitled to just say you want certain cuts but not to say you want certain prints? Enjoy your sack dresses, I guess.
>>
>>9566592

They seem to go by sales, so I guess if you want more cuts like these you're gonna have to swing the Chinese lolitas into buying out the release.

...And hope AP doesn't take it as sign to release more milky ponies in hw cuts...
>>
>>9566601
To say you loved one of their designs so much that you want them to release it again is 100% less rude than saying you don't like what they are releasing currently and they should do cuts you want. Yes, I will look super cute in that sack dress with a belt.
>>
>>9566624
Saying they should rerelease a print they've done before instead of an original can also be interpreted as
>don't like what they are releasing currently and they should do prints I want
depending on the phrasing.
>>
You need to learn they're a company and their feelings are not going to get hurt by saying something like "I love low-wasted cuts".
>>
>>9566628
Maybe it's a cultural difference then. Designers I know would be thoroughly offended.
>>
>>9566643
I remember talking to a shop girl for AP once and she mentioned something like LL shoes were specifically because Western girls kept asking for them. She mentioned shirring on certain cuts is for them in mind as well.

I think if you approached it like "I can't wear this sack cut very well" or "This cut would fit a lot of Western girls", they wouldn't be offended.
>>
>>9565732
I would love to see a printed/recent release with peeking bloomers
>>
>>9566643
Why? It's not like anyone is demanding that AP starts making jeans. They've done normal and low waist cuts for years. Going back to that from time to time is hardly a blow to their artistic integrity.
>>
>>9566662
Nayrt but maybe it's comparable to telling a band you only liked their first album?
>>
File: AjKN02G.jpg (953KB, 2288x3510px) Image search: [Google]
AjKN02G.jpg
953KB, 2288x3510px
Did anyone else notice a return to 'before OTT-era' when it comes to hair and make-up?
>>
Does anyone else have issues with the google search bar on egl lj? It only shows 10 pages no matter what I look for.
>>
Are Boz measurements accurate or AP tier? Like shadow dream carnival was listed as 91 cm bust on lolibrary and it's 88 cm in reality
>>
>>9558602
Hey if this anon is still selling the Kirakishou skirt, im highly interested in buying it.
>>
Do you guys notice how AP will re-release their accessories for an older series if it can be re-used for a new series? They re-released cinema doll's jewelry to go with Princess Cat and how with the current bakery print they're re-releasing their biscuit pieces.
>>
>>9566715
I feel like I am crazy but when I look at make-up tutorials from JP magazines, they all look so similar to me. Maybe because they're so toned down?
>>
>>9566995
When I first saw that they were rereleasing those accessories I was hoping they'd rerelease Cinema Doll, too. So disappointed.
>>
Does anyone know how far in advance AP releases their information for the Laforet grand bazaar? Is it like a day in advance of the first day of the sale? Want to tell my SS what to go for, but I haven't seen any notice pop up yet.
>>
File: Lolita_book.jpg (196KB, 343x499px) Image search: [Google]
Lolita_book.jpg
196KB, 343x499px
Just realized that if you type this into the search bar at Target's webstore, they have it in stock online only. Target does free shipping in the US on orders over $35.
>>
>>9566998
If you look at lolita makeup tutorials from a couple of years ago they were more OTT and for a very long time you saw a lot of droopy eyes.
>>
>>9566649
Agreed. AP willingly takes feedback, there's nothing rude about a nicely worded email saying "these just waist cuts are amazing, and western girls really appreciate them".
>>
>>9567082
Is this worth buying?
>>
>>9567097
Bought it when it came out, and it doesn't say anything new, it talks about the feeling of dressing for yourself.
Overall it describes lolita fashion, has 7 essays and 7 comics, one of the essays is written by Novala Takemoto.
It left me feeling like the book needed something more.
>>
>>9566624
>sack dress with a belt

ita as fuck
>>
>>9566585
Finally cuts that aren't ugly sack or another babydoll cut.
But god that print is terrible it's cheap taobao tier.It's like they're trying to remake some of the popular prints from circa 2009-2010 and failing (that fruit parlor lookalike,the petit patisserie lookalike in awful cuts and colours and now sugary carnival).
The colours used are so sad and washed out too.
>>
>>9567128
I wear them with corsets too
Stay salty
>>
Holy fuck gulls I just found back frilly capricious on instagram (that little girl that used to wear angelic pretty dresses at only 4-5yo thanks to her mom who was into lolita and had relations with the AP shopgirls).
She's 14yo now and still wearing lolita.
Truly living the life.

https://www.instagram.com/f_capricious/
>>
File: 1489117065948.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489117065948.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
Hello!
My friend will go to the Hong Kong this fall, so I wandering is there any physical lolita stores? Is it possible to find Girlism mag in HK offline stores?
>>
>>9567097
No idea, I ordered this one from Target (literally with the groceries) and ordered Melt from Kinokuniya. Personally, I felt like I needed to buy it cause it's in English. If we want Lolita to keep going, we need to support both the Japanese Lolita community and the international community.

>>9567161
It's a cut that will actually show off my waist! I always feel with the volume, that having a narrow waist right before the poof gives Lolita it's sort of "magical" look.
I wonder if all the weird print choices have been an effort to appeal to the Larme look.
>>
>>9567208
Also her mother is still wearing it along with her and still looks super good in sweet (the runway video where you can see her face for once). I'm 100% jelly
>>
>>9567215
>the weird print choices
Like what?
>>
>>9567208
It looks like she even modeled for Spoon. and AP too, wow!
>>
>>9567208
>mfw I wish I had this much money
>>
>>9567208
Wow, she's a model too. Owns so much burando living the life.
>>
>>9567208
Adorable! Thanks for sharing anon!
>>
>>9567208
Are you sure she's 14? Her proportions look much younger than that.
>>
>>9567246
The account literally says she's 14... some of those photos are of her when she was younger or maybe her younger sister
>>
>>9567247
>everything i read on the internet is true!
>>
>>9567208
>>9567216
From what I read in the comments with my weak moonrune skills, they apparently wear normal clothes everyday and wear lolita once a month or so (they used to go out in lolita more before), she liked to wear lolita with her when she was only a babby (probably before the blog, i went to visit it but it looks like they deleted everything on the blog, i wonder why).
It's nice to see her growing, she's living the dream. The mother seems to have modelled for Spoons and won an award at an AP fashion show.
>>
>>9567246
Yes,she's 14. Some pictures are from when she was younger (they were on the,now deleted, blog they had back then). Also most japanese girls are small so it's not unusual for them to look younger
>>
>>9567097
nope
>>
So, someone randomly sent me this gif (too big for 4chin apparently) and now I need to know who they are
http://p3.pstatp.com/large/2eb3000095974b4cffb4
>>
>>9567286
It got posted on Lolita Humor as well.
>>
>>9567208
Literally, the one girl who's been lolita since birth.
>>
>>9567097
I didn't like it and almost returned it, but there isn't much English lolita books so I wanted to support it. The information is very basic, so I thought I could give it to my family/friends to read, but it shows lolita in such a negative light that I don't want them to now. Lolitas are spoilt, shallow, etc, basically mirroring Takemoto's writings. Most of the essays are a chore to read, feels like someone's thesis and not entertaining; but the book also isn't serious enough to use as reference material. The comics have a cute style but are weird and depressing. I just felt sad reading them. I like Takemoto's translated essay/interview and wished they'd given more space to that. He's working on a history of the fashion, so here's hoping that gets translated at some point.
>>
>>9567286
>>9567291
Where is the "'humor" in that? It's two lolitas kissing like they were on their bed alone. That's indecent to post online if anything.
>>
>>9567304
>incident to post online
Oh, sheltered anon. Let me tell you something about the internet...
>>
>>9566585
I thought you were joking before I opened the thumbnail. What an ugly clusterfuck of a print, I love old AP but this is hideous
>>
>>9567216
>>9567230
>>9567241
>>9567273
The girl won an award from Spoon at an AP tea party because the editor enjoyed seeing her grow up
>>
>>9567210
Anna House has a physical store near Kwun Tong. The Asahiya bookstore in SOGO carries loads of Japanese magazines, including the GLB. You might find Girlism there as well. I've heard there are some stores in Mong Kok as well in some of the smaller malls, I think the most famous is "Spider".
>>
File: poooof.png (816KB, 575x587px) Image search: [Google]
poooof.png
816KB, 575x587px
>>9567208
Her poof is out of this world
>>
>>9567286
It's two chinese cosplayers doing it for the "fanservice". Another proof that the chinese are costumelitas
>>
>>9567210
there's a few taobao stores in the "la foret" in causeway bay + a 2nd hand lolita store but it's sooo expensive. They were trying to sell me a JM piece for 700 AUD!
>>
Did AP ever make a Cream Cookie Collection clip in ivory? I can't find anything on LM on it. I see the special set clips but they have no ivory listed. A seller is saying she has an ivory one but I'm concerned it's a replica.
>>
>>9567878
At least call them otalita or coslita
>>
File: djNCRsJ.gif (89KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
djNCRsJ.gif
89KB, 600x338px
I hate chinese lolitas.
>>
>>9568215
Same. Most of them are meitu'd to shit and have more money than taste. I understand why brands cater to them, but the results are so fugly.
>>
>>9568221
Most of their pictures just scream uncanny valley to me. They shoop themselves to look like baby aliens and it's horrifying.
>>
>>9568225
Yet many girls in my comm think it's 100% real and that all azn lolitas look like kawaii living BJDs, even when the shoop is so bad that my technologically backwards grandmother can see it. There's one half-Asian girl in my comm who looks perfectly average but is extremely insecure because she keeps comparing herself to these heavily edited Chinese coslitas. I feel kinda bad for her but I can't help but want to smack some sense into her, too. Like the pictures she's looking at are clearly taken in a professional studio and have been edited to hell, how can't she see that?
>>
>>9568215
mfw I'm a chinese lolita who recently moved to america and all i see is hate towards chinese lolitas so i'm too scared to join a comm.
>>
>>9568239
If Chinese lolitas go to cgl why do they never say anything
>>
File: kiyohari.jpg (35KB, 440x700px) Image search: [Google]
kiyohari.jpg
35KB, 440x700px
>>9568215
>>9568221
>>9568225
>>9568234
>They shoop themselves to baby aliens
>taken in a professional studio and have been edited to hell
Not sure where you're getting that "most" azn girls are shooping themselves? I really haven't seen much of that at all. Of course some of them use meitu and filters, but so do a lot of other race girls. I've met the girl in pic related before, and she looked exactly how she looks in her photos. Just because someone is adorable doesn't mean they're shooped? Sounds like jealous hateboner.
>>
>>9568248
didn't start going to cgl until i moved here. never say anything because it's just not worth it. in china, the majority of us who are lolitas are not using photoshop, are not coslitas, and are not rich at all. but we all have to be lumped in with the small percentage that the rest of the world sees of girls posting photos like described, and we are all stereotyped because of it. when i lived in china, it took me a year to get even one brand piece. i was excited to come to america to join a comm because i loved seeing the beautiful coords foreign girls were wearing. but then when i discovered cgl, all i see is hate. calling us chinks, saying they hate us, saying we all photoshop and are rich and only using it for costume. i know people will say if i'm sensitive i shouldn't be here, but it hurts.
>>
>>9568255
Well this is 4chan, have you seen any of the other boards?

There are also a lot of western lolitas who never post their picture or participate in a comm but cgl doesn't see that. Don't Chinese lolitas have comms and rulebooks just like in the US?
>>
>>9568255
Keep in mind that cgl isn't nearly the majority of lolitas in the various comms either. It's been mentioned more often than not that the views of cgl are pretty damn unrealistic. You sound reasonable, anon. Don't take the shit said here to heart.
>>
File: ayase.jpg (40KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ayase.jpg
40KB, 480x270px
>>9568239
>>9568255
Sorry anon! I don't think most of them are like that and no-one will hate you for being chinese if you join a comm. Just do it and have fun with other lolitas.
>>
>>9568239
It's kind of a meme anon, don't worry.
>>
>>9568269
Not that anon but rulebooks is a western thing. Only we seem to enjoy sucking the fun out of everything.
>>
>>9568239
I would be scared of being fetishized for being asian. Comms are generally fullb of conlitas and weebs.
>>
>>9568320
How do you know they don't have lolita handbooks in China? Japan has them but also the majority of lolitas doesn't really care
>>
>>9567866
jeez i need to know where she gets her petti.
>>
>>9568250
Kiyohari is a cosplayer.
>>
>>9568239
I think people hate chinese lolitas more for the fact that they've taken control of the market, not so much as individuals. People complaining about them looking like aliens is fucking stupid, since that's only like 1% of their pop and we just look like ugly boring aliens instead. The west WISHES it had their kind of buying power.
>>
>>9568349
Nayrt but anon was clearly referencing the shoop claim? Not sure why her cosplaying is related to that.
>>
>>9568255
a lot of the people who post that kind of shit are just self-loathing whites desu. if you're a cute asian you're going to get shit. try to ignore it and join a comm because /cgl/ bitterness doesn't occur often irl.
>>
>>9568354
everyone was talking about lolitas. this is a lolita thread.
>>
>>9568239

Our comm has lot of Chinese lolitas due to location and we don't hate them. Because there are shit storm in internet doesn't mean that it actually happens in real life.
>>
>>9568255
>>9568239
I wouldn't worry about it anon; cgl is full of white girls who are incredibly jealous of asian girls, so all they resort to is calling everyone shooped.
>>
>>9568378
nice bait
>>
>>9568362
Kiyohari wears lolita a lot. She models and is used in photos for taobao items. The girls were talking about how Chinese litas all use photoshop and don't look like that. It's a useable example imo.
>>
>>9568362
She's literally wearing lolita in the picture.
Even if you claim that she only models the dresses, that's what all the brand lolita models do to.
>>
>>9568379
>t. self hating whitey
Let's be honest here anon, there are just as many overly shooped white girls in every cof thread, but the only ones who people throw a bitch fit about are the asian ones. Even that shooped to hell and back white girl who modeled at AP's SF Teaparty was being white knighted, even though the entire picture looked so blurred it might as well have been painted.
>>
>>9567866
This looks over stuffed though
>>
>>9568381
>that's what all the brand lolita models do to.
Do you think people consider Risa a lolita too since she models for AP?
>>
>>9568392
Yea, they do. Only a couple retards, one being you I'm assuming, bitch about her ~not being a real lolita~
>>
>>9568250
I do agree with you but you shouldnt be using a kiyohari pic to prove your point.
That girl is definitely shooped.
But yeah, I tend to see more azn girls being shooped to hell and back but i've seen a fair share of white girls doing it too (let us not forget the whole Kotakoti drama)
>>
>>9568407
Kotakoti got loads of shit for it tho
>>
>>9568378
This. Hurt people hurt people, and people who say disgusting shit like that have nothing going for themselves. So >>9568255
>>9568239
wear lolita and just take that negativity as motivation to love what you're doing/wearing even more.
>>
>>9568399
nice bait
>>
File: 1463594147966.jpg (157KB, 1027x795px) Image search: [Google]
1463594147966.jpg
157KB, 1027x795px
>>9568378
>>9568383
>>
>>9568255
Honestly, it's the way brands really listen to you guys and wanting your money so badly that annoys us. I definitely blame the brands, not you guys. Western lolitas have always been underneath Japanese lolitas, in terms of who brands listen to. When the Chinese lolitas came around, it's like Chinese lolitas came first, then Japanese lolitas, then Western lolitas. It's really hard for us to get releases Western lolitas wants most now, while you guys get things like custom red colorways at your Shanghai tea parties.

Also, your average comm lolita doesn't even understand this. No one's going to care that you're Chinese or even native in the West. Don't mistake /cgl/ for anything in real life.
>>
>>9565344
I love the top on the left, does anybody have the name of it?
>>
File: DFJ6BOJUAAABObB.jpg (86KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DFJ6BOJUAAABObB.jpg
86KB, 1200x675px
I want to cosplay Yohane's disgusting Bodyline ita mess at Rufflecon just to see what happens.
>>
I'm very interested in buying AP OPs, but I've never bought anything from them except skirts. I keep hearing that their OP are larger in size than they have been before.
Can anyone tell me if their dresses with no shirring would fit my 35-36 inch bust?
If so, would there still be room to breathe or feel comfortable? I like my dresses to have some space.
I'm especially curious about their baggy dresses like holy lantern and how they fit in the bust area.
>>
>>9568626
>what is lolibrary
AP OPs very from piece to piece, check yourself
>>
>>9568657
Okay yes. However, I also find listed measurements are not always accurate? Especially when it comes to those tent dresses. Also I've seen girls who are clearly not 90cm squeeze themselves in but seem fine. So maybe a better question would be how do current AP dresses fit compared to older AP? Especially since I've heard girls talk about how the fit is bigger while the measurements listed seem to be the same.
>>
File: whydidiseethat.jpg (25KB, 480x576px) Image search: [Google]
whydidiseethat.jpg
25KB, 480x576px
legit looks like it has a vag
>>
File: 1445030156777.jpg (58KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445030156777.jpg
58KB, 360x480px
>>9568626

holy lantern looks best on girls with small bust otherwise it doesn't look properly gathered
>>
What's a cos/otalita? I cosplay and wear lolita. I've been wearing lolita for longer than I've been cosplaying, but I've been out of the community for a long time. Do lolita these days still look down on cosplayers? Do I need to wear lolita more than I cosplay to not be considered someone who only wears lolita as a costume?
>>
>>9568816
No one outside of /cgl/ cares about "coslitas", and only a handful within /cgl/ care about it. As long as you don't do some bullshit fandom coord, it's fine; salty gulls who are jelly of how good you look are always going to try to pin something on you.
>>
>>9568816
Cosplay lolitas are the ones who believe the fashion is a costume, only have knowledge of the fashion through anime or conventions, and have little to no interest in learning more about the fashion itself. It's fine if you cosplay and dress in lolita, just don't mix the two, and know that there's a difference.
>>
>>9568793
Really unfortunate, I'd recommend anyone who buys it to use a fine pin tool to pull out the caught furs from the vag seam so it'll look less vaggy.
>>
>>9568855
>>9568858
Fandom coords are fine if they're taking inspiration from the source instead of cosplaying a particular character, and if they work within the aesthetics of lolita (like if the color schemes work, if the source has loliable elements, etc.)
>>
File: 1434639923907.png (320KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
1434639923907.png
320KB, 800x764px
>>9568870
>>
>>9568626
88cm/91cm bust (aka 35-36inch) should fit almost any modern AP piece. just check the measurements op the AP site itself whenever you want to buy to be sure. I already did the math for you.
>>
>>9568239
honestly, half my comm are chinese, though I think most have been here since childhood, and we all have fun and there are no hard feelings towards anybody? We like to dress up in frill dresses and hang out, and the multiculturalism isn't really seen as a negative, more as a simple fact of society. I probably feel that way because Canada has a different attitude in general towards foreigners. Honestly though I think it depends on if you've got a shit comm or not. I would reach out to your local comm, at least to test the waters.
>>
>>9568624
please do. I want pics.
>>
>>9567082 >>9567097
Target anon here; I just got it today and it's full of "I feel those feels" and comic panels that make my boyfriend burst out laughing. It's not a good "guide" but I think it's a good "window" into the nonsense we all love / can't escape from.
>>
>>9568895
Will you go halfsies on my hospital bills if someone shanks me?
>>
>>9568793
Is not a vag. Is a purposeful empty space to be filled with your favorite onahole
>>
>>9568911
My greatest fear is when /a/ figures out how to install an onahole into an itasha (ita car / car covered in vocoloid stickers) along with the holographic waifu program.
>>
>>9568816
Coslita is when you treat it more as a costume than a fashion. Nobody who knows that lolita is would say it's a costume,but if you wear it in a way that you use some sort of formula or checklist, or copy a coord from something else you've seen, you are basically cosplaying as a lolita, it's not your style. Otalita is a different term for weeblita more common in Japan, they more often refer to the type of ita who doesn't care about quality.
>>
>>9568667

You're thinking of Moitie. Go check AP's webshop. They have different measurements on every single item currently up now. That's NOW, at this moment, AP is carrying a bunch of different sizes for different items. There's no "general size" info to give you because AP apparently flips some dice to decide what sizes their dresses and blouses are going to be next.
>>
>>9568870

That's not a coslita. Fandom cords, fugly horrible abominations that they tend to be, are also generally done by actual lolitas.

Coslita is someone who treats lolita itself as a cosplay. Think about the kind of people who creats "Original Character, donut steel", except the character they create is a lolita character. Then they go out and buy a "lolita costume" and a "lolita wig". After that they either attend a con or do a photoshoot in their "lolita cosplay". Then they either pack their costume away for their next con, or they sell it off and move on to the next lolita OC. They don't have an interest in what brands are releasing, what the trends are, finding lolita comms to hang out with, can't name favorite releases, etc etc. And when you meet them with your natural hair and you tell them you like Btssb and you think Sonnet for Juliette is an underrated release, they tend to make excuses, leave and maybe give you the stink eye, because they know they were only pretending to be a lolita whereas you're a real girl who is immersed in the fashion without having to put on a costume to pretend for a day.

That's a coslita. If you're just mixing fandoms and lolita, ugh, you're a different kind of annoyance, but I'd have to admit most girls who do that are real lolitas and not coslitas.
>>
>>9568888
Fitting is not the same thing as looking good in it. I agree with >>9568810
>>
>>9568816
The term cosplay lolita coslita has nothing to do with cosplayers who are lolitas. Those two things are separate, as long as you make them separate.

A cosplay lolita is when a lolita only wear lolita to a con or a special event like a tea party and nothing else. It's basically their "cosplay" for the con. Lolitas hate this because we're a fashion style, not a costume, and it is basically wearing lolita like a costume.
They also tend to buy really over the top coords that'd be hard or even impossible to wear outside a con or tea party atmosphere.
>>
>>9568810
Whenever I see sack dresses like these I can't help but think they are less lolita than pic related, yet when someone tags pic related as lolita people complain because it's too short to be lolita?
>>
>>9567931
I think AP didn't even release headwear with this print, the only clips belong to special sets and lolibrary says there wasn't an ivory one.
>>
>>9569009
Don't forget photoshoots. I've known girls who buy an entire lolita coord, usually an OTT full set, get a professional photographer to take pictures of them in it to post everywhere online and then turn around and sell the entire coord without ever wearing it again. People who never wear lolita unless they're in a photo studio are the worst coslitas imo. Usually these people are cosplayers who treat lolita as some OC costume like >>9568980 explained and have no actual interest in the fashion, yet will post their kawaii loli cosplay shoot pics to the local comm anyway because they're so thirsty for likes and a social media following. And it usually works.
>>
>>9568816
Don't listen to these autists
>>9568980
>>9569017
>>9569009
They're exactly who >>9568855 was talking about when they said that there's only a handful within cgl who care about it. Not a single lolita outside cgl will care if you only wear lolita to cons or meets, because not everyone has the time or ability to do so.
The autists on cgl who bitch about it don't realize that lolita is a fashion, as much as they tote that around for the reason why they hate people who wear lolita to cons. They treat lolita as a lifestyle, which is why you hear them say crap like
> they were only pretending to be a lolita
>you're a REAL girl who is immersed in the fashion
>>
Goodwill auction winner reporting in. One of the pieces arrived with large bloodstains on the lining?
>>
>>9569050
Which piece?
Seriously though, wtf
>>
>>9569017
So would you say people who wear avant garde fashion for photoshoots only are fake fashionistas?
This is one of the most ridiculous explanations I've heard on cgl every time it comes up. Just because you only wear a fashion occasionally or for special occasions doesn't mean you treat it as a costume. There's no such thing as being a "real lolita", because it's literally a fashion.

You sound like you just can't stand that these girls wear lolita less than you, but get more likes than you because they have nicer photos.

>>9568980
Not every person wants to join a lolita comm, and not every person is going to remember the name of every release ever. There are plenty of girls who only wear a coord once and sell it; Kate did this shit all the time, and I know this board hates her, but she's still definitely a lolita even with her bad personality.
>>
>>9569047
>you a-a-autists don't realize lolita is a fashion
>only wearing lolita to cons makes you a normal lolita

What? It's like you completely can't get what a coslita is. Wearing lolita at a con only is being a lolita who treats the fashion like it's cosplay.

Bullshit at "I can't wear it anywhere else". So you only wear lolita for like maybe two weekends a year? That's just like what a cosplayer does with a costume. You're a coslita.

I'm not a "lifestyle lolita" for wearing lolita outside a con or meets. That's a term for something else entirely which you clearly don't understand.

Jesus, I worry about the state of the fashion with people like you around.
>>
>>9569050
Oh yeah, she definitely died in that dress. Good luck getting that raging lolita bitch ghost out of your house, anon.
>>
>>9569050
I'm guessing period stains, but umm... is it? Really creepy and gross regardless.
>>9569052
The plot thickens.
>>
>>9569055
I didn't say you're a lifestyle lolita for wearing lolita frequently, I said you're treating lolita like a lifestyle. It's like you completely can't understand what a fashion is. It's just a certain way of dressing. You can dress up in a type of fashion for a single day of the year, and it's not going to make you consider the fashion as a costume. I only wear a wetsuit twice a year when I go to the beach. Does that make me a cosnorkler too? What a false equivalence. Get off your high horse and stop being salty that these lolitas get more likes than you.
>>
File: IMG_5746.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5746.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>9569052
>>9569057
I thought maybe period stains, but it's near the hem, and doesn't quite look like it? Maybe I'm wrong though. Piece is Ribbon Berry Bunny. No blood found on the other pieces.
>>
>>9569054
If someone only wears avant garde for photoshoots and regular clothes the rest of the time, they're models, not fashionistas. That's fine, but it's dumb for them to claim to be fashionistas if all they do is model for photos and never wear anything resembling the style unless they're getting money or likes for it.
>>
>>9569067
Avant garde fashion is literally made for photos; no one goes out shopping in avant garde fashion and wears it all the time.
>>
>>9569071
Tell that to >>9569054. I wasn't the one who came up with the simile. Lolita is first and foremost a street fashion.
>>
File: image.jpg (472KB, 1534x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
472KB, 1534x2048px
Have we discussed the new AP Halloween print yet?

The print itself is super cute but this cut is ugly as sin. The bat wing cuffs are a really nice detail as well so I'm really disappointed.
>>
>>9569091
Even if lolita is a street fashion, it's exactly that, a fashion. Your argument is dumb too

>>9569092
I was hoping for something like Horror Garden, I'm pretty disappointed.
>>
>>9569092
I don't get this colorway at all. Like, is it ivory? Why the mint and brown details??

I'm underwhelmed. I think I'll wait to see how the JSK cut will turn out.
>>
>>9569101

I think it's the fabric material. Chiffon is completely sheer. I think the print actually looks much better on the computer they designed it on, but once the chiffon is lined with a matching grey lining (or whatever they used here), all the white ghosts become grey, all the blacks and dark greys become grey, actually everything just becomes grey.

iirc Holy Theater and that dolphin print had this same issue, the cute adorable white animals all looked grey and dirty because the darker lining showed through the chiffon print.

>>9569092

Fabric details aside, I'm kinda meh for this release, but I hope they do bat hairclips so I can buy a few for my Holy Lanterns. Yes, I'm going to be that basic bitch in that basic dress again this Halloween, idec.
>>
File: 171703-m-01-dl.jpg (50KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
171703-m-01-dl.jpg
50KB, 345x437px
Who else put in an order for IW's sale? They've lowered the prices on a bunch of things.

My order was nearly $400 -- 3 dresses @ 50% off, and a matching accessory. My heart wants IW to invoice me asap. My wallet is praying half the things are sold out.
>>
File: higanbana_bg.png (130KB, 980x380px) Image search: [Google]
higanbana_bg.png
130KB, 980x380px
>>9569120

They also put up a banner teasing their autumn print. Apparently themed "Moon and Higanbana". Looks like there will be more wa-lolita from IW. Not gonna complain, I loved their other wa-style release much more than the more prevalent kimono-lolita style.

I wonder why higanbana though, isn't it a flower associated with death and dead bodies?
>>
>>9569101
It looks grey.
>>
>>9569101
On my screen the details are more Ivory/brown with the grey dress. I actually don't mind the coord itself, the dress just looks flat and unfinished.

I'm hoping on the JSK to be cute. Hopefully they release a pairing blouse or wristcuffs because I just love those sleeve cuffs to bits!
>>
>>9568888
I'm not sure why it's so hard for anyone to just to answer my question.
If my bust is around 88cm-91cm, and the OP listed is around 88cm-92cm ( which is about what every AP OP is listed as), would it fit and look/feel fine?
I just want to know if the listing measurements for the OPs are accurate or do they run a bit bigger/smaller in general?
>>
>>9567859
>>9567889
Thank you very much!
>>
>>9569155
You'll probably be able to get it on but it probably won't look good. Generally you need at least 3cm leeway for breathing, and if your bust is 91 and the OP garment measurement is 92 then you'll just be straining the seams. I wouldn't risk hoping that AP has listed a garment smaller than it actually is, I generally find at 86cm bust I fit in comfortably and stuff isn't too baggy
>>
I've been in lolita for 15years now. Is there any exit? Am I condemned to be one until I die?
Even when I try to leave I always find myself coming back.
>>
>>9569050
Post pics.
I dont know what to believe anymore, but until proven otherwise, going to call this troll post.
>>
>>9569171
>>9569065
Did you even scroll down before being this bitchy or
>>
>>9569047
>>9569055
If you wear lolita for a photoshoot or a con you are not a lolita. You are wearing lolita on that day, but that doesn't make you one. Nobody really cares about that, but nobdoy considers you a lolita either.
>>
>>9569012
Agree. I think the short skirts are more lolita
>>
>>9569170
Depends, do you want to leave? Are you not happy with it anymore? What makes you come back to it? I don't think that the time frame of how long you've been into it matters as long as you're happy.
>>
>>9569054
Is bohemian my clothing style if I wear it for a photoshoot, but wear lolita on normal days?
>>
>>9569170
>>
>>9569170
I've seen many girls leave lolita and never look back, but they'd usually only been into it for a few years. It's probably harder for us oldfags, especially if you started as a young teenager and let it shape part of your development as a person like it did with me. Do you really want to leave, though? Personally I'm mainly trying to leave the more childish cuts and prints behind. I still love high waisted cuts with puff sleeves and peter pan collars but as someone approaching 30 I don't think I can pull them off nearly as well as a nice, understated A-line JSK with rounded neckline and form-fitting sleeves.
>>
>>9569122
Maybe it's an Obon theme? That's coming up soon. Might be a bit late for an obon release though...
>>
>>9569120
I did, but both the dresses I ordered were out of stock. RIP forever my dreams of pic related
>>
>>9569120
Yes! I ordered when the sale first opened a few weeks ago but got a message that the OP I wanted was out of stock, so last week I ordered it again in a larger size and finally got the invoice for it yesterday. I'm excited!
>>9569200
Check secondhand sales! It'll probably pop up on auctions and CC eventually.
>>
>>9569120
Oh thanks for the reminder! I finally placed an order for a couple of simple dresses that hadn't sold out in previous sales. Hope it's not too late.

Also looking forward to their next release! I am expecting kimono-styled wa but I don't mind being surprised.
>>
>>9569182
It is when you're wearing it because it's just a fashion.
>>
>>9569170
You can leave the community, but you can't really "leave" the clothes you adore. So long as your interest in Lolita wasn't a phase, there's a good chance that you'll be attracted to its aesthetics for the rest of your life.
>>
>>9569233
If your mom dresses you up as a retard does that make you retarded?
>>
>>9569235
it's not a phase it's just fashion jesus
>>
File: 154206-m-01-dl.jpg (17KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
154206-m-01-dl.jpg
17KB, 345x437px
>>9569120
I only bought pic related (they responded within 5 days I think?), but I wanted a black underskirts for a long time now and I have a similar cream one from them, which I love...so I'm actually really happy with my purchase. Did you also get the bonnet to match that dress? Because it's adorable.
>>
I dont understand wanting to be an efamous lolita or friends with an efamous lolita?? I've been close to ''efamous'' lolitas in the past (I've left lolita and come back) but it really doesn't mean anything. As far as I know only like 3 or 4 people have gotten free burando for it ever? Doesn't seem worth the time it costs to me.
I know most lolitas don't care about efame but it feels like WAY more people care about it than 10 years ago.
>>
>>9569122
Maybe it's their version of a "wa-lolita halloween" theme? this is the text;

>The new Autumn Collection is finally being released. The first collection is a print of “Moon and Higanbana”. A red Higanbana which is illuminated by the midnight moon. A beautifully mysterious atmosphere is created by Innocent World’s original print. Details will be coming soon. Please look forward to it.

Midnight moon, full moon, red higanbana against a black background; the sky is cloudy.
>>
>>9569238
>lolita is my supah sekrit club you r-retard!!!!!!
>>
>>9569176
Then are you're basically saying that being a lolita is a lifestyle, rather than a fashion.
>>
>>9569265
Mmm what? Is someone efamous cause they want free brand? How do you even get that? I heard about the special dress Choke got but she's super famous with normies. I want to be famous too but for my art and not for the style I chose to wear.
>>
>>9569265
The main benefit would be networking, in the professional sense. But that really only applies to a small subset of lolitas who run a shop or are otherwise looking to "build their own brand"/become an influencer.
>>
File: 171909-m-11-dl.jpg (28KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
171909-m-11-dl.jpg
28KB, 345x437px
>>9569200

Ah. That was on my list too. Well, I guess that's one item down.

>>9569263

I put in for the hair accessory for Japanese Butterfly. Bonnets aren't really my thing so I'll just do florals with Innocent Rose.

Is your underskirt actually fluffy? I want a longer petti to fit under my IW, but I'm somewhat confused if their petticoat is the same as their pannier.
>>
>>9569065
That's easy to clean and /or repare.
Poor deseased anon-chan.
>>
>>9569282
The fuck? Do you not understand the conversation?
>>
File: screenshot.png (4MB, 1604x2198px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
4MB, 1604x2198px
I'm not sure why people think I'm pulling coslitas out of my ass. btw, in case you think this is a solely Asian thing, you should know that pinterest actually has a "lolita cosplay" tag. Yes, some girls save actual burando to their "lolita cosplay" board. Not their "lolita fashion" board. They *are* straight up calling it cosplay, most of them aren't hiding the fact that they simply buy a lolita dress set as a costume.

As for not joining comms and being disinterested in brand releases -- some have straight up told me, "lolitas meets are boring. I don't know why they fuss so much over clothes". It's not a holier than thou statement, they simply have zero interest in the clothes. Which is where the friction mainly comes from, they have zero interest in clothes and they won't join because they don't actually want to live in a world where you're actually interested in what lace is on your dress. They just want to wear it, put on makeup and a wig, and maybe line up a bunch of photoshoots for it.

I'll say that at least the ones I've met have nearly zero recognition for brand. I've never seen one go for an OTT burando special order set, it's wayyy too expensive for a coslita who only wants to use it one time for photos. Far more likely they simply buy something cheap off taobao or Ali. This ties in with ChineseGossip saying that some shops like Infanta tends to have coslitas as their customers rather than real lolitas. So I wouldn't know about those "e-famous coslitas" who post photoshoots for likes. The coslitas I've met don't even know where to find the local lolita comms, I'm not sure where they post their photos.
>>
>>9569311
Do you not understand that I'm making fun of you?
Either way, comparing lolita fashion to a mental illness doesn't prove your point at all.
>>
>>9569321
No one is saying coslitas don't exist, but the way you're trying to identify them is wrong. People who have no interest in the fashion and treat it like a costume are coslitas. Not wearing the fashion often and doing photo shoots in the fashion does not make you a coslita.
>>
>>9569321
There's a user on EGL who openly states that she wears lolita as a costume. Makes me wish getoffegl was still active, the post about this would have been hilarious.
>>
>>9569331
Oh I'm sorry sensitive-chan. I just mean that when you wear a costume or wear something at a photoshoot for a day it doesn't literally change you into what you are dressing up as.
>>
>>9569333

I'm not the anon who claims coslitas are uploading fullset burando shoots for likes. So you can take that off your list at least.

As for describing their behaviour, that *is* how they behave.

I can't change that for you just so you feel better.
>>
>>9569336
A lolita isn't a physical thing you have to change into. Being a lolita just means you wear lolita and view it as a fashion. That's it. If you want to wear lolita to photo shoots, that's your own choice. It doesn't make you less lolita for doing so.
>>
>>9569346
I'm a lolita at heart and I agree with this.
>>
>>9569344
I didn't mention anything about fullsets. what are you on?
Making sweeping assumptions about people doesn't make you right, it just makes people call you retarded. Just because some coslitas only do ohotoshots or wear it to cons doesn't mean that ALL people who do photo shoots in lolita or only wear lolita to cons and meets are coslitas, how is that hard to understand? If you consider lolita to be a fashion, then guess what, you're not a coslita.
>>
>>9569321
I'm not a Coslolita by any definition as I wear and see Lolita as fashion. But I consider Lolita meets as boring as well. There is no appeal in talking about clothes all day long. Yes I'm interested in brands and follow their releases but there is only so much you can talk about. It's only fashion.
>>
retarded gave you away, anon.
>>
Wasn't the original post about people who ONLY wear lolita for photoshoots? I don't think anyone was talking shit about girls who wear lolita and do shoots too.

>>9569321
My SIL has a "steampunk and lolita cosplay" board that she regularly repins pictures from my wish list and wardrobe boards to. It's really been getting on my nerves. When I asked her to stop she basically told me that I'm dumb for taking these 'costumes' seriously and for spending more than $50 on any of them because she could totally make any of them herself for that amount of money. I told her to go ahead and do so. She hasn't even tried it yet, but keeps repinning my shit.

>>9569334
Who?
>>
>>9569357
Her username is vatalanta, I don't remember which post it was but she has commented once (or more than once) openly admitting that she wore lolita as a costume. EGL hasn't been very active so I imagine the comment wouldn't be too difficult to track down.
>>
>>9569346
>>9569348
That's your opinion. I don't accept you as a lolita. If you wear any other clothing style for a photoshoot, con, Halloween or whatever, that doesn't mean that is YOUR style. Your style is what you wear as your clothing style. If I wear sixties fashion for a photoshoot that doesn't mean sixties fashion is my clothing style. Why are you so set on calling yourself a lolita? It's totally fine with me if it's just something you wear as a costume to a con or for a photoshoot.
>>
>>9569357
It is still about girls who only wear it to a photoshoot and/or as their cosplay for a con. Girls who only wear it to meets and cons are lolitas.
>>
>>9569383
So what exactly is the technicality of wearing it as a cosplay to a con and just wearing it to a con?
>>
>>9569427
If you wear it outside of cons as well, and not as your kawaii uguu original character cosplay in public, just as you'd wear anything else.
>>
>>9569357

Actually the original post seems to be >>9568816, and only asks what is a coslita.

About half the replies do actually say it's someone who treats lolita as cosplay, unfortunately a key behaviour for them is that they do only wear their cosplay to cons and photoshoots, not because their city is dangerous or their job doesn't allow it, but simply because it's the only logical place to wear it to. I guess this description triggers insecurities from those lolitas who wear it less often, but again, this is simply a description of what the coslitas do, there's no way around describing this as their key behaviour. I'm sorry these girls who wear lolita less often feel their lolita status is threatened, I'm pretty sure there's some other way to differentiate themselves from the coslitas, if that matters to these girls.

The rest of the replies are from a troll who seems to want to get a flamewar going. The "retarded" convo is so retarded I'm not sure who can take it seriously. If a reply isn't civil and starts calling you names you should probably just ignore it.
>>
>>9569092
>making a sweets and Halloween print an not puting sugar skulls
You dun goofed ap
>>
>>9569457
As much as I'd love to see a sugar skull print, I keep thinking the colors will clash too much. Even pastel sugar skulls look off.

Maybe Meta could do it.
>>
>>9569380
And that's your opinion. Why are you so set on trying to establish your opinion as a generally held one?
>you
Nice try, but I wear lolita all the time. This argument of who's a "true" lolita is dumb.
>>
>>9569468
I would love to see a print with marigolds and black/white calaveras (sugar skulls). There are so many options for the day of the dead.

>votive candles
>pan de Muerto with its bright colored sprinkles
>mourning veils like Mary
>beautiful altars for loved ones (I could especially see this as a room print like Mercator)
>sand art
>Spaniard style dress ruffles
>Mexican anthropomorphized interpretations of Death
>Mexican style trick or treat
>>
>>9569578
>beautiful altars for loved ones (I could especially see this as a room print like Mercator)

Now that I can see better alongside the votives and the veils. A lot of gothic prints use Christian iconography anyways, so a Spanish and Mexican influenced variation could be a refreshing take from the usual stained glass.

Unfortunately every time I try to picture calaveras and lolita, my mind just goes to pin up style calavera or looking out of place.

Come to think of it, are there any prints with skulls (other than realistic ones)? I can only think of that one harlequin bodyline dress.
>>
>>9569092
what is the color coordination here

>grey? lavender?dress
>but also brown details
>paired with brown but also red and also pink???
>dress has mint green/light blue accents
>>
File: IMG_2826.png (2MB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2826.png
2MB, 1920x960px
>>9569578
>>9569588
As long as it doesn't end up looking like pic related
>which a girl in my comm actually thought was totally kawayee rorita-inspired desu~
>>
File: copla-rojo-con-lunares-blancos.jpg (54KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
copla-rojo-con-lunares-blancos.jpg
54KB, 700x800px
>>9569578
By "Spaniard style" you mean like pic related? These dresses(flamenco dresses) are the reason I never wear polka-dot stuff,my mind always goes to the Feria de Abril when I see it lol
>>
File: 1_0.jpg (46KB, 680x528px) Image search: [Google]
1_0.jpg
46KB, 680x528px
>>9565897
>>
>>9569784
Are you serious? Nayrt but a lot of people think taobao is ugly. One of the most important things about lolita is quality..
>>
>>9569787
>implying there are no quality brands on taobao

Please try harder
>>
>>9569790
The general image taobao has is cheap shit
>>
>>9569791
That doesn't negate the fact that there are several quality brands on TB. So implying that someone who buys things on TB has shit taste is a reach.

How fucking new are you?

>ignoring the fact that brands like Krad and Infanta are TB brands
>>
>>9569795
infanta isn't really a good example, but TB has Yolanda and Yolanda is top fucking tier
>>
>>9569795
Infanta is not a good brand imo. Whenever someone says they don't like taobao, inevitable someone will come and cry ''but krad lanrete!''. Since I think krad lanrete is pretty ugly I never bought from them so whatever. Any serious, professional brand should have a shop outside taobao anyway.
>>
Thoughts on pic related? It's from an ETC shop
>>
>>9569814
>>9569811
>>9569795
Speaking as someone's who has bought from "top tier" Krad Lanrete and other reputable taobao brands, no, it is not brand quality. It doesn't even compare to the lowest of brand quality.

When you buy taobao you just accept it will not be brand quality and you get what you pay for.
>>
>>9569578
I want a concha print dress.
>>
Reminder to submit your secrets before they go up tomorrow!
>>
>>9569819
cute dress, shit modeling/photo
>>
>>9569819
It's so similar to AP
>>
>>9569834
Yea, you haven't bought from taobao at all. Brand quality is shit these days.
>>
>>9569897
Please just let it die already.
>>
>>9569092
The sack dress strikes again
Did AP fire whoever used to design their dresses' cuts and figured they wouldn't be missed because "sack- I mean, GO-O-JUS FUROWY" dresses are in now?
>>
>>9569933
>brand quality is shit these days

the only brand I've noticed actually go down in quality consistently and not just one piece here or there is AATP. Are they the only brand you buy?
>>
>>9569122
I'm hoping this image of the print is a wip. The clouds especially look very lackluster.
>>
>>9569834
I think just based on sewing/dress construction and quality there's not a huge amount of difference especially when the price point is taken into account. AaTP and Baby are often average quality - not lining their bodices, corset boning warping and poking through on garments is something I wouldn't expect from a dress at that price point. From somewhere like Diamond Honey which is cheap as shit in comparison, yeah sure I could accept that.

Taobao quality varies between taobao brands, Japanese brand quality varies between Japanese brands. Some taobao quality is as good as (and better than) some Japanese brands.

In terms of design quality though? Japanese brands mostly win outright except for the odd occasional hot mess print, and Taobao brands are more often a hot mess or have at least a couple things 'off' about a print/design combination that isn't seen as often from Japanese brands.
>>
>>9568793
Get the white one, you can't tell.
>>
>>9569976
All the brands have gone down in quality, AP and AATP being the most obvious. The reason being they all outsource to china now.
>>
>>9569933
Not that Anon but I've bought from several taobao brands such as soufflesong, krad, infanta, etc and they all looked cheap compared to my brand things
>>
>>9570047
>souffle song
>infanta
Soufflesong is one of the lowest tier of taobao brands, and infanta is only slightly higher. I'm assuming you've only been buying from old Krad releases, such as phantom of the opera, which is not comparable to their quality today. I hate their brand still, but Krad's current releases are comparable to brand quality.
>>
>>9569933
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and I don't get why you defend taobao like it's anything to praise. I've unintentionally bought Krad from very early on because of their interesting gothic prints and have some of the more recent ones. From start to present, they're just kind of underwhelming.
>>
>>9570046
high end stuff people pay thousands for is also made in china. This argument is retarded. I have owned a lot of AP throughout the years and it hasn't changed like AATP. Just because people on /cgl/ dislike the sack cuts doesn't mean the actual quality of the construction, print quality, and fabric has gone down. I'm not referring to design choices which can be chalked up to personal preference, I'm talking about the quality of the garment itself.
>>
>>9570063
I know it's hard to face the fact that your precious AP has gone down in qualty, but it has. The laces and fabrics used, the finishing, the lining, the lack of built in pettis; all are signs of their declining quality.
>>
>>9570064
Declining since when? Because I'm pretty sure brands have always varied in quality from release to release, some are more considerate of details than other but there really hasn't been a "golden age" of all consistently top quality releases. Idk what you're on about.
>>
>>9570065
It's easy to tell from the rereleases of previous prints. Built in pettis are missing from some that older releases had, and the lace quality has declined. AP definitely declined in quality after they started outsourcing. Stop being so defensive; it's not like I'm calling their quality shit. It's just not as good as it used to be.
>>
>>9570064
I don't actually believe you've owned more than one or two AP pieces. I can go through my 90+ main piece mostly AP wardrobe and pick out a few questionable quality items from them but by far I've run into more issues with AATP and baby throughout the years.

Like another anon said, baby and AATP don't always line their shit and have construction issues out the ass. The main issue i've ever had with an AP piece is loose buttons.
>>
>>9570058
You clearly barely buy from taobao. Taobao has solid quality if you know how to look. I don't get why you defend burando like it's anything to praise, either. I buy frequently from brand and taobao, and if I compared the quality of every single piece I have, the top ten best quality pieces would not be comprised of solely brand.. As a whole, brand generally has better quality, but there are certain pieces and brands from taobao that have good quality as well. I don't consider Krad Lanrete to be the best from taobao; they're just the most popular/famous.
>>
>>9570073
>I don't get why you defend the industry's gold standard like it's anything to praise, either

are you retarded?
>>
>>9570064
Do you even buy AP? What was the last print you bought of AP that made you say this?

The worst of AP is simply minor manufacturing errors they always own up to and also fix. (Holy Lantern socks having the wrong colors)

Like other anon said, just because you hate sock prints and you "think it looks like taobao" does not make it low quality. All anyone needs to do is look at the construction and read AP's materials and it's already better than all taobao brands, especially the sweet brands people claim it now looks like.
>>
>>9570078
>industry's gold standard
>the fashion's industry is frilly dresses from glorious nippon
are you retarded?
>>
>>9570081
We're talking about Lolita. Brand is the Lolita gold standard.

Thanks for confirming you're retarded though.
>>
>>9570080
lmao *sack print, not sock print

Dreamy Sock Carnival
>>
>>9570082
>i made a mistake! better call them retarded!!!1111!!
>>
>>9570085
>>9570085
I didn't make a mistake, anon. What is reading comprehension? Why would you assume I was talking about anything other than Lolita? Do you not know common phrases?
>>
>>9570080
I've said nothing about AP's prints. I've only compared AP to themselves. Again, you really need to brush up on your reading comprehension and get your white knighting out of the way. I didn't say their quality was shit or worse than taobao, I said their quality has declined when comparing them to the past.

Man, I know AP is the most popular brand these days, but rabid fangirls are truly astounding.
>>
>>9570087
>waahhhhhhh you're stuuupidddddd!!!
>>
>>9570088
AP has always been the top. Once again, I'm going through my extensive AP collection and the quality is pretty much consistent.

Please tell me where you're pulling your information from, is it your ass? Because it seems like you're pulling everything out of your ass.
>>
>>9570089
Do you have an actual argument or no? Because I'm sitting here with all these factual statements you've yet to disprove.
>>
>>9570091
Kek, defensive much? Get your head out of AP's ass and face the facts instead of lashing out.
They use less custom lace when compared to before, comparable printed materials are thinner, less built in petticoats even when cuts that are similar to that which would have previously had built in petticoats, etc.
>>
>>9570073
I've bought enough from taobao to be annoyed every time in some way by how they relentlessly cut corners. I especially went for the higher quality ones, like Krad, Dark Box, Yolanda. I'm not sure where Surface Spell falls on that spectrum, but them as well.

I don't think you get that I don't need to defend "burando". The brands quality speaks for itself and yes it beats all taobao without competition. Even when it "comes close" like modern AatP vs. modern Krad, AatP still just kind of wins. You need to buy more Krad releases to understand what I mean by that.

Not sure if Krad isn't the most popular or famous, it's just the one they always claim is best quality. It doesn't compare to brand. That's all there is to it.

What taobao brand would you honestly say beats Krad or is somehow brand quality? What piece as well? I genuinely want to know.
>>
>>9570093
>factual statements
>a bunch of name calling and whining
>>
>>9570099
You still haven't addressed the whole asking why people praise the gold standard thing.
>>
>>9570100
There's no such thing as a lolita industry.
>>
File: ridingdirty_lolita.jpg (332KB, 661x636px) Image search: [Google]
ridingdirty_lolita.jpg
332KB, 661x636px
(just saw this pic on twitter and had to meme it)

>>9570098
I think a better way to debate this is quality to cost ratio. I'd also agree that Japanese Burando is better, though I would also say that I feel unsure if the price matches the quality. I think a lot of the Tao Bao companies have a better ratio.
>>
>>9570088
I can read just fine and you're just getting baity with how you say things like "You're precious AP has gone downhill." So are you going to back that up with what recent pieces that are taobao quality? Or are you just making things up and clearly a taobao lolita?
>>
>>9570097
>Less custom lace

I'm not seeing that, do you not know what their generic lace looks like? Most of my more recent prints have custom lace.

>comparable printed materials are thinner

In the summer yes, do you not know fashion brands change fabric for seasons?

>less built in petticoats
I will give you this, more recent releases don't have them compared to older releases. But at the same time I look at the direction a lot of the cuts that don't have them are headed in and have to call BS on the whole similar cuts thing.

>inb4 you call me defensive for pointing out facts and asking where you're getting your information from

I'm just wondering why getting you to back up your statements is like pulling teeth. It's really strange you take forever to answer questions and when you do it's easily dismissed.
>>
>>9570102
Technically there is? At the very least it's a significant part of the Japanese alt fashion industry.
>>
>>9570107
It's a niche industry that have very little room, but has a lot of profit potential.
>>
>>9570109
a niche industry is still an industry.
>>
>>9570105
Clearly you can't read, since if you could, you'd realize that I haven't said a single thing about how AP is the same quality as taobao. Saying that AP declined in quality simply means that.

>>9570106
AP uses more generic lace now than before; I'm not going to go through every release they have to prove this to you, so believe what you will.
I said comparable printed materials, as in materials from the same season, and are the same type.
Again, I was comparing the amount of built in pettis that are in dresses that have cuts comparable to their previous cuts
Not everyone is staring at the screen waiting for a cgl thread to update anon, sorry there are better things to do. We're talking about a general subject with generalizations; likewise, you haven't backed up any statements you've made either. Saying "well looking at my extensive collection of AP..." honestly prove anything at all.
>>
>>9570103
Okay, but that doesn't answer my question. Which taobao brands can beat Krad in terms of it's supposed quality and what taobao pieces are really up to par against brand? I literally can't think of one.

Saying "Well, I think for some ratio with quality to cost, taobao is better". Like, for who? People on a budget? Saying you like taobao quality for the price doesn't change the fact that brand is absolutely better for quality. You're basically admitting brand is better and you can't afford it, so taobao is "good enough quality" for your standards.
>>
>>9570113
*honestly doesn't prove
>>
>>9570115
you're replying to two different people bud
>>
>>9570113
>doesn't prove anything at all

It does though? I mean I have a great sample size to go back in for what you're saying and confirm for myself and it's not matching up.

>not everyone is staring at the screen waiting for a cgl thread to update anon

You seem to reply really quickly for someone who uses this excuse? Why wouldn't you back up your statements the first time around? Why is nothing you are saying adding up with a reality that I literally can walk into my closet to confirm?

Do you really think i just magically happened to get the few AP releases that contradict what you're saying? How are you this delusional?
>>
>>9570107
it's part of the japanese alt fashion industry, but there is no such thing as a solely lolita industry. And the japanese alt fashion industry includes more than lolita.
>>
>>9570118
Saying you have a large collection of AP means nothing, I can say that I own every single AP dress in existence. Do you see why this doesn't prove anything?
>>
>>9570119
So the fact still remains that brand is the gold standard in a niche fashion industry(i would argue lolita fashion has its own niche industry but I guess autism doesn't allow some people to see that.) and anon is asking why people praise the gold standard.
>>
>>9570123
brand lolita is not the gold standard in japanese alt fashion industry.
>>
>>9570121
It doesn't prove anything to you, sure, but I have it as a frame of reference for myself and what is being said doesn't match up with reality. It makes you look actually insane to me when I can physically check what you are saying and it's not matching up with what is literally in front of me.
>>
>>9570113
You do realize we're all anons, right? No one can tell if you're taobao shill or not. However, egging on the fact AP has "fallen" is stupid.

AP is bigger than any of the other brands without competition. They're bound to have much more manufacturing errors with literally almost weekly prints.
>I-I-I have better things to do
Then go do it? Your backless claims don't help you. Anyone can shit talk and pretend they know what's up with AP, but if you don't have specific prints or pieces and list what went wrong with them, I don't really care.

Honestly, I'd genuinely like to know because it's good to know what pieces to avoid.
>>
>>9570124
Brand is the gold standard in the japanese alt fashion industry. Japan is obsessed with brand. Do you not know what brand is?

Even so, in the lolita fashion industry brand is the gold standard.

How are you trying to dispute actual facts?
>>
>>9570115

>You're basically admitting brand is better and you can't afford it, so taobao is "good enough quality" for your standards.

Yep... That's actually what I'm saying. There's a lot of bad, overpriced etsy Lolita stuff out there and so-so indie stuff trying to charge brand rates but at half the quality. Tao Bao has a lot of brands like Krad that strike an attractive balance between the price point and what you get for it.

Sorry if this seems a little abstract, but let me put this in another way; remember that thing called the Victorian era? Yeah; there were a lot of different dress makers making the same style of clothing out of different 'tiers' of material and craftsmanship quality. Dresses ranged in final cost wildly based on several factors, but to the modern eye all of these pieces fall into the same broad category; Victorian.
Lolita is a style and it should not surprise anyone that it can exisit on different tiers, which each "level" or "grading" marketed towards a slightly different customer. AP and Baby shoot high, and that's great for them and their customers, but there will always be a market for budget companies that don't try to compete with the flagship brands, but instead target an audience not interested in the big guys to begin with.
>>
>>9570125
Okay, but your opinion makes no difference. You're complaining that I haven't presented adequate "proof" to you, and I'm saying the same thing of you. I've owned pieces from a first release, and then bought the rerelease in a different colorway, and the quality is superior in the first release. But that's just as much "proof" as you've given, because it amounts to nothing because it's an anecdote.
>>
>>9570130
It's not opinion, it's facts. You aren't matching up with FACTS.
>>
>>9570128
the term "burando" was used in reference to specifically lolita brands, not brands as a whole.
Please read my statement again
>brand lolita is not the gold standard in japanese alt fashion industry.
Stop trying to insult people because of your own lack of reading ability.
>>
>>9570132
>It makes you look actually insane to me
That's an opinion, honey.
Facts with no proof are not facts, they're just claims.
>>
>>9570133
You're twisting shit up so badly. We are discussing Lolita, I addressed both points. I honestly can't tell if you're drunk or trying to twist things on purpose.
>>
>>9570134
It's my opinion you are insane but the fact of what you are not saying matching up with reality is just that, a fact.

Please get help.
>>
>>9570135
anon, I'm really worried for your comprehension ability now. please reread my statements so you don't get more confused.

>There's no such thing as a lolita industry.
>it's part of the japanese alt fashion industry, but there is no such thing as a solely lolita industry
>brand lolita is not the gold standard in japanese alt fashion industry.
>>
>>9570129
Thank you for finally just invalidating yourself. I'll be blunt and say I don't care if you on your mediocre budget think that Yolanda is king of the world. You clearly don't buy brand, don't know why it's superior, and seem to think we're just buying to be brand whores. I buy brand pieces because the quality is better and I disagree with what you said about quality to price ratio or whatever. On the contrary, brand is amazing for keeping the quality they do at such low prices. If you'd be willing to spend on decent secondhand brand, you'd understand.

>Tao Bao has a lot of brands like Krad that strike an attractive balance between the price point and what you get for it.
See, this is where I think you're full of bullshit. Krad is awful for the price and I'd unfortunately know. It is literally brand price, but not brand quality. You'd know if you bought from it.

>Something about all lolita being Victorian
I think you're a little too green for lolita. Come back and talk about quality when you actually know anything at all.
>>
>>9570137
Again, no proof, no facts. Your reality doesn't matter with no proof of it.
>>
>>9570145
You're amazing, anon. How many voices in your head, exactly, tell you want to type back?

Your butthurt that other people don't spend their money the way you do, or would ideally prefer to, you assume that being satisfied with a product is the same as holding it up as some sort of gold standard, you assume I've never bought from Krad and then you totally miss the point of my abstraction about Victorian fashion.

Let me break that last part down, just so there's no misunderstanding; You can be capable of acknowledging that Angelic Pretty is the best and should be the gold standard, while at the same time choosing to buy from Tao Bao instead due to a series of factors relating back to your lifestyle and budget.

Most people who like handbags have a similar relationship with Chanel and Louis Vuitton; they recognize quality when they see it, but choose not to spend that much on a purse. They know who is "the best" but aren't going to spend that much money on "the best" because to them it is either un-affordable, or illogical from a price / cost ratio standpoint (example; the manufacturing cost of a leather purse caps out at around $200 - $300 dollars)
>>
>>9570145
I really hope you realize that you're replying to two different people. I'm the person who was replying first; the other replies from the one with the picture and onwards are a different anon.

>>9570098
Lost Tree's sailor collar release was comparable to brand quality, as was Dear Celine's Inverted Wings vest. I don't think any brand solidly beats Krad or Brand quality, just that there are those with equal and comparable quality.
Brand quality definitely does not "speak for itself" and beat all taobao without competition. That's just biased; just because you prefer brand designs doesn't mean the quality is automatically better.
>>
>>9570098
I get annoyed with the cutting corners, too. I used to buy all my blouses from Taobao brands because hey, there's no print, who can tell, right? You can really tell.
The main thing that annoyed me is that the lace they use rarely matches the base fabric even if we're talking about basic colours like white, black or cream. I've had several cream blouses with stark white lace and the other way around. Sometimes they just edited the photos to hide the clashing, sometimes they used completely different lace from the stock photos. Review photos usually suck so it was hard to tell from those alone whether there was going to be shitty lace. One time when the change was particularly jarring I went to squint at the review photos and yeah, many were blatantly different from the stock photos, but none of the reviewers mentioned it and they all rated 5/5 very fried chicken.
Fabric also tends to be extremely wrinkle-prone so I spend at least 30 minutes before every meet ironing all my Taobao shit every single time. Not to mention sewing buttons back on, repairing buttonholes and getting rid of loose threads.
I moved on to IW blouses and it's like a completely different world. Beautiful soft fabrics, gorgeous designs and lace that matches the base fabric exactly. They're not even much more expensive secondhand. I can understand why many people will still buy Taobao blouses but if you can afford and fit brand blouses pls do it, they're so much better.

>>9570085
>>9570089
I can't even be bothered to see which side this anon is on but I'm embarrassed anyway
>>
>>9570144
What is their gold standard?
>>
>>9570157
If you think those two pieces are brand in quality, yet can't beat Krad, then it's not brand quality. Krad seems to consistently make the best effort, but it's still not really there.
>>
Now that everyone is talking about quality, outsourcing to China and stuff...I remember watching a mini-documentary in yt about BtSSB where they showed their "factory" which was a really big room with lots of seamstresses (lovely old ladies) doing the dresses by hand(with a sewing machine,but,you get me). This was at least 2 years ago? I think it was an excerpt from Japanese TV. I've been searching for the video since then,but no luck. If anyone does find it it would be nice if you could link it here ^-^
>>
>>9570037
>when the price point is taken into account

This is the crux of the matter, I think. I just paid for a full set with dress, headbow, bear ears and OTKs, and the whole thing set me back only 500rmb, which is $70. Someone else in another thread said you can get ToAlice for around $50. For this price point, I'm not really expecting a lot. It has a cute print, the lace doesn't suck, the dress photographs decent, that dress is A+++ superb quality for price in my book.

But at a meetup, you're going to get a bunch of girls all mixing together -- taobao, brand, bodyline, even homemade. It's not like people rate you based on "oh your taobao dress is only $70, A+ for being non-wrinkly" and then say to the brandwhore, "For $300 I expected real gold buttons, B- for spending $300 on a dress with plastic buttons".

What really happens is that girls start to notice the plastic gold buttons on your AP dress is a custom insignia with AP’s brand designed into them, and that’s cuter than the random military buttons used on a taobao set. Or they look at an IW bolero and think the lace looks so much softer and the roses embroidery looks much more defined than the lace on an Ista Mori bolero. Or someone is wearing an Infanta dress and the trim is slightly mismatched from the fabric. Yes, for $70 you’re not expecting crisp embroidery on super soft tulle lace or custom designed custom-made buttons, to you it’s not really worth paying $300 to have all those details because they don’t even show up on photos, what kind of autistic fuck notices those kinds of things?

But that doesn’t change that the crisp embroidery on very soft tulle lace, the custom-made custom insignia buttons, the 100% matching trim, are all better than what’s on your $70 taobao dress.

I mean, I just bought that $70 taobao dress. I’m not expecting AP quality — and I’m not expecting everybody else to pretend my $70 dress is anywhere near AP quality either.
>>
>>9570241
And I'm not expecting it to be made in a room with lovely seamstresses who get a reasonable wage and time off
>>
>>9570253

I actually don't think burando is made in a room with lovely seamstresses (I hope they do get time off and aren't sweatshops, though). AP especially is outsourced to a bunch of other countries (not just China). I expect that a good chunk of the price tag actually goes to the brand owners to keep the brand running and to host tea parties.

But still, that doesn't really change the fact that a lot of them still devote an incredible amount of attention to small little details that never really show up in photos and can really only be appreciated in person.
>>
>>9570222
... did you even read what I wrote without just choosing to comprehend what benefits your argument? Those PIECES are comparable to brand quality, but there's no individual taobao BRAND that consistently beats Krad or burando quality. However, that doesn't mean there aren't PIECES that are equal or comparable to brand quality.
>>
>>9570263
I work in retail so I know not all Chinese manufacturers are evil slave labourers, but taobao clothes with a lot of fabric/lining and prints/details? They definitely can not pay their workers a living wage and still be affordable.

All of my Japanese brand is made in Japan. I don't wear sweet so Idk but if AP has consistent quality I find it hard to believe they don't use an okay factory, just because I think AP isn't big enough to be able to afford a lot of waste.

I still buy from taobao even though I know it's bad, I just think it's silly when lolitas act like you are supporting people that way (you're not) or like all lolita brands are made that way so it can't be helped.
>>
>>9570301

The year that AP made the first Dream Sky release they definitely used a not-okay Chinese factory. The factory was so not-okay, in fact, that they made surplus dresses and sold them before AP even released their own dress. It's actually one of the better replicas out there, but also one of the most recogniseable, they didn't have access to AP's extra trims (buttons and such) so the dress has completely different trim and generic decoration.

I like to think that taught AP a lesson to scrutinise the factories harder and chose one that they can trust, hopefully this also means the factories also have more ethical owners that do pay standard wages to their staff.

But of course, it's really hard to figure out which brands are ethical or not, this isn't info that you can easily look up. There's some indie brands where the clothing seems to be a one-person operation, but even on taobao the rest are really opaque about their process.

As for a living wage, in some countries this amount just isn't all that high. In general I just think live and let live. Yes, I'm not paying all that much for a taobao dress, but if I don't buy it, this might be some factory's dying order and then once they go out of business some chinese families will starve because their father (mother?) got laid off due to the factory closing, which has to be even worse than receiving minimal wages from a sweatshop. Not saying it's right, but there's so little transparency it's hard to tell.
>>
>>9570340
>Yes, I'm not paying all that much for a taobao dress, but if I don't buy it, this might be some factory's dying order and then once they go out of business some chinese families will starve because their father (mother?) got laid off due to the factory closing, which has to be even worse than receiving minimal wages from a sweatshop.
Here's the thing.. Refusing to buy from those factories actually helps those families, because it is the only thing that motivates factories to pay their workers a living wage and give them time off. I live in a country where it's kind of ''in'' right now to care about this kind of stuff, so customers ask shop staff about country of origin and if it was made in good conditons > shop staff wants to sell brands that were made in good conditions > brands want their clothing to be made in good conditons so retailers want to sell their stuff > brands ask factories to pay their workers.
That's how it goes.
>>
Also, whenever a good brand dies because people are buying more cheap stuff, the good factories also lose work
>>9570657
>>
>>9569092
I feel like an idiot for not knowing but what's the name of this release?
>>
>>9570049

Honestly I thought Krad became cheaper in quality after Mozarabic Chant.

That being said I have to say their painting JSKs are comparable to JetJ painting JSKs. I still like the dress I bought from JetJ, but honestly I was expecting a little more, like textured fabric. At least Krad pays attention to that.
>>
>>9565344
>>9565838

Do you know the brand that makes the Lord of the Rings dress? Thank you anons
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.