[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita general - fishnet edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 33

File: 20151025125500-73da45a7-me.jpg (86KB, 407x594px) Image search: [Google]
20151025125500-73da45a7-me.jpg
86KB, 407x594px
Previous thread: >>9557625

Welcome: fishnets
Not welcome: UTKs
>>
>>9561688
I guess they have a better network and concept. The editor of Eternita went to events in Europe and got models like Risa Nakamura, Sayaka Kanda and AP pattern
>>
File: melt00.jpg (63KB, 354x499px) Image search: [Google]
melt00.jpg
63KB, 354x499px
Okay, who's going to buy it?

Places where you can get it;
Amazon JP -
https://www.amazon.co.jp/melt-KAWAII-FASHION-BOOK-%E3%83%90%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A8%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3/dp/4800274389/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&keywords=melt%20kawaii%20fashion%20book&pi=CB192184409_AA75_QL70&qid=1499359029&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1

Kinokuniya -
http://www.kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/eng/fbs003?common_param=9784800274380
>>
I feel like I must be a complete dumbass, but does Tokyo Alice have anything in their global Rakuten right now? It seems like their Japan Ratuken has lots of things in stock but I can't find any in the other shop.
>>
>>9561705
Maybe it's that the cover looks a bit like Larme magazine? Like, not that the fashion will be larme, but that the photo style is reminiscent of their shoots. I don't wear larme, but I enjoy the creativity of their images.
>>
>>9561709
Already ordered mine, I'm really curious! I'll probably sell the purse because it doesn't match my wardrobe at all but I do want to support the magazine.
>>
Accidentally posted this in the old thread because I'm a retard.

>>9561612
>>9561639
I just checked it out and wow it's 100% normie. I have found literally 1 weeb user and she's ita as fuck. I'm tempted to flood it with pics of glorious burando but idk if that will trigger the normies too much. Seeing other people make co-ords with my items sounds fun even though it will probably result in a lot of ita shit.
>>
>>9561709
I want to buy Eternita, Melt plus an old GLB but I don't understand how to pay without creditcard...
>>
>>9561697
But what about fishnets under UTKS?
>>
>>9561738
Reasonable
>>
>>9561728
paypal I guess? you can also buy most of them on CDjapan
>>
>>9561709
Mine is coming in the mail today and I plan to scan it!
>>
>>9561722
I thought it was more otome
>>
>>9561745
They don't accept PayPal. I guess I'll buy it from yesasia since they at least offer free shipping to make up for the marked up price.
>>
>>9561769
Amazon Japan takes debit cards, not just credit cards! I use my debit card on there all the time. Also their shipping is pretty cheap and they send DHL so next day delivery.
>>
>>9561728
Old copies of GLB show up on lace market all the time, as well as Kera issues. You can also get GLB through http://www.lolitadesu.com/ . Lolita desu also has things like flyers from the brands and advertising material that doesn't get shipped over to the US brand stores.

>>9561750
Good! Kawaii Pateen just put up another melt cross-promotion video featuring a gothic model, so I'm curious how much of it will be Lolita and how much of it will be other J-fashion.
>>
>>9561714
Nothing shows up in their global Rakuten right now. But you can still buy from them if you use the link for the English site on the item page and add it to your cart.
>>
>>9561911
...Eternita is in Japanese. It's by one of first editors of GLB.
>>
>>9561854
Ah, thanks! I think I've got it figured out.
>>
>>
>>9562021
Of course it's another shapeless sack dress. The ghost bag is really cute though.
>>
Until when is it ok to wear lolita? I feel like at a certain age you start to look "embarassing". While you're young, you can look pretty in it no matter what normal people say, but I feel like a 40yo woman or even someone mid 30s would be embarassing to see in lolita (that isn't super toned down and/or maybe classic).
I'm so depressed at the thought of finding myself embarassing in lolita and having to quit simply because my appearance no longer suits it and makes me feel bad about it, I almost wish to die when I reach 25 in five years so I don't have to see myself age and have to drop things due to no longer being beautiful.

I know it's very newfaggy to say that and that there are some lolitas at the end of their twenties,early thirties or even mid that are rocking it, but I just feel so scared when it comes to aging. I take religious care of my skin because of how terrified i am of wrinkles and i stress over the smallest line i see.
>>
>>9562028
My advice to you is to stop wearing lolita right now. You look as stupid wearing it right now as you will in your twenties, thirties and forties.

Also might as well give up everything you life, as well as living itself because you are aging every day and will soon be wrinkly. Clearly there is no fun allowed once you get to an arbitrary age, so you should just end it all.
>>
>>9562028
Also, you should just stop wearing lolita right now because you are insulting the designers creating it since they are too old, and apparently look embarrassing wearing it.
>>
>>9562028
You're actively working against yourself if you're gonna stress over every little thing. Stress'll kill you much faster than aging ever will.
>>
File: IMG_7855.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7855.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>9561779
It's here! It's definitely mostly lolita, there as few pages of general street fashion but it's 90% lolita.
I hope it fits on my scanner though, it's really big!
>>
>>9562021
I don't mind sack dresses when they're more on the short side but when they're long they look ridiculous to me. The beret looks really cute.
>>
>>9562039
she's right though. 30-40yo woman in lolita sounds embarassing to me and you should prolly stop in your twenties and just switch to something more mature or just find a hobby more appropriate to your age already.
Lolita only looks cute if you're young, that's the truth, sorry gulls.
>>
>>9562045
Lol you sound like a teenage noob. Please quit lolita and go back to your hipster or pastel goth "phases" and let the old fag big girls handle this fashion. You probably can barely afford it anyway without a real job.

Don't forget to tell Yumi Fujihara, Misako and Mana that they look embarrassing on the way out.
>>
>>9562028
I think it's about making it age appropriate. Now, I know that sounds weird, but this is what I mean; A curvy adult woman in a sack dress looks very out of place, no matter how cute the print on said dress is. However, a dress in the same fabric that aknowledges her body shape and flatters her can have whatever the heck printed on it and there wil be an "anchor" of logic in how the look is put together.

If you never change your Lolita style as your age; meaning adjusting small elements along the way, then yes; you will look "embarrassing". But if you stay away of yourself and don't put on blinders, you can stay in the fashion you love.

As another kind of example, think of animal ears with Lolita; the common consensus is it's context sensitive, meaning they can work but also easily do not work at all purely based on the rest of the coord.

Personally, I'm over thirty and the way I wear Lolita is I focus on the shape and modesty aspects, but I accessorize by hair less and make sure my stuff has a stronger Victorian / historical vibe.
I've never done it but I've always thought that the way sweet Lolitas could keep going would be if they went retro and mixed kawaii and kitsch together.
>>
File: 1461218004476.png (1MB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461218004476.png
1MB, 667x1000px
>>9562045
I'm not sure about sweet but classic and gothic are timeless honestly. But seriously, you should be able to wear what you want, at whatever age.
>>
File: tumblr_o58k3ukM5E1sv5krro1_500.gif (2MB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o58k3ukM5E1sv5krro1_500.gif
2MB, 500x440px
>>9562021
Wow AP is really going to shit. The things they're making lately looks like actual taobao garbage.
>>
>>9562047
sorry you're old :^)
>u-u haz no job
i have a job anon chan but ok keep being buttblasted. it's just my opinion you shouldn't get so angry it'll make your wrinkles more prominent.
>>
File: mademoiselledeparis.png (834KB, 690x920px) Image search: [Google]
mademoiselledeparis.png
834KB, 690x920px
>>9562048
I think these days you can totally pull off sweet, since a lot of new sweet releases are elegant, larme-ish and more mature.

That used to be the case for old sweet, with ultra pastels, plastic jewelry, pastel wigs, but I am glad that with the 2016 and onwards era sweet I can safely rock it in the future.
>>
>>9562053
I'm only in my early twenties but I have been in the fashion since my teens. I plan to rock in in my 30's and onwards.

Also babysitting doesn't count as a real job.
>>
>>9562048
>>9562049
You guys are right. Thank you. I've just been worried about aging lately since my mother keep pushing it on me with "you won't be young forever" "find a husband and stop that silly hobby!" (I know she means well but the way she's doing it makes me anxious and i feel like questionning my whole life)
>>
>>9562057
There is nothing stopping you from being married AND being a lolita. Stop listening to your mom (and others) telling you how your life should be and you will be happier and have less anxiety.
>>
>>9562021
I wish the ghost's mouth was solid black, it looks weird otherwise.

>>9562028
Most people don't look old at 25.

>>9562049
I wish gothic wasn't considered timeless. I want people to get embarrassed and "grow out" of it so I can buy up all of their old pieces instead of them never re-entering the second-hand market.

>>9562054
This would still look weird as hell on someone visibly middle-aged, it has a bib for fuck's sake.
>>
>>9562045
kek, i don't get why people say this. yes we are young right now but we're going to age too, anon. you're not invincible and it's likely you'll eat your words.

>t. anon who just turned 18
>>
>>9561709
Ive never used amazon jp(or amazon at all for that matter) can i buy from there without a shopping service?
>>
File: agingsweetlolita_inspo.jpg (272KB, 526x478px) Image search: [Google]
agingsweetlolita_inspo.jpg
272KB, 526x478px
>>9562057
>>9562058

I ran into something that might be a good inspiration on google that people might not have thought of. As a styling guide example, look at these "mommy and me" outfits from the 1950s. It sort of gives an idea of how to take the same design and make it more "childish" or more "mature" while still matching / sharing the same design features. Maybe these kinds of pics can't be used directly, but looking between those and more "retro-inspired" Sweet coords I think Lolita for older people can look age appropriate.
>>
>>9562072
It varies from item to item but in this case (and most) yes you can! Amazon JP takes both debit and credit cards.
>>
>>9562072
Don't know. I know you can use your debit card with kinokuniya, though. That's just my preferred method out of laziness.
>>
>>9562075
This is a way I like to wear lolita sometimes, mixing it with fifties/ pin up style, but it can push the look into "not lolita" territory. I don't post these outfits online because I don't want to deal with "is this Lolita?" debate but it's nice to just casually get to wear the pieces I love more often.
>>
>>9562028
Anon, you sound incredibly childish. Take care of your appearance and age won't matter at least until you are well into your thirties.
>>
What is everyone's before meet rituals? Either the night before or morning of. I like to do some sort of exercise the day before and then pamper myself with a nice shower, hair trim, do my eyebrows, full skin care routine, braid my hair, etc. I also let myself buy some random odds and ends from the drug store like makeup brushes or a new nailpolish or something. I love pampering myself before a meet.
>>
>>9562123
Get up and get ready like any normal day, just in lolita?
>>
>>9562123
found the meetlita
>>
>>9562123
crying in the shower
>>
>>9562123
Somewhere in between what you said and >>9562130 said. Sometimes I will just get up and go, especially in winter, but since my daily style is boyish and I am lazy af with shaving I usually have to shower and shave the day before a meet if my legs are going to show, plus I also pluck my eyebrows and exfoliate my face to make sure there's no dry/rough skin that foundation would settle in. Other than that I don't do anything special.
>>
>>9562144
Nah I'll wear it casually whenever I get a chance and i'm starting to slowly incorporate it into my work clothes. I just like to treat meets as special occasions and look and feel my absolute best since i'll be in front of other lolitas!
>>
>>9562123
Like >>9562147 I'll do a bit extra in terms of my skincare routine. I'll make sure I've plucked my eyebrows recently and shaved, and maybe do a facial mask that night instead of whatever night I was going to do it that week. So nothing special or pampering, so much as making sure my skin is nice for the next day.
>>
File: page 7_small.png (715KB, 566x839px) Image search: [Google]
page 7_small.png
715KB, 566x839px
Scans are all up now for Melt!
http://imgur.com/a/tFrkO
>>
>>9562206
anon, i love you
>>
>>9562206
oh wow, did you do this anon? these are really great scans, thanks! i feel like i missed out on the GLB since i only started a year ago. this makes me happy.
>>
>>9562215
Yes I did! I'm glad you like them.
>>
>>9562206
Thanks for the scans anon. It's interesting and some of the aesthetic seems quite different to other magazines like KERA, G&LB, Larme, etc. The Risa stuff is the same though. I think this makes a nice successor to the G&LB but I'm not sure if I'd buy it, since looking through has just reminded me that I don't really enjoy the direction lolita is currently going in. There's like, what, half a dozen pages of gothic content as well? I know the "Gothic" part of "Gothic & Lolita Bible" had become quite nominal by the end, but it's even less, it seems like the less-popular gothic/punk stuff has been replaced by KERA-style kawaii casual street fashion stuff. Since I'm not that into sweet it's less interesting for me. I'm kind of disgusted by the amount of space given to Anime Matsuri as well, although I guess the editors don't know how shitty the Leighs are. I was surprised how few street snaps they had and how not even half of them were of lolitas. Make-up tutorials were boring as normal, ads didn't seem to have much quality control of what went in there, and it was sort of notable that there was no illustration or art at all - I don't know if that's to be in-keeping with the style of more modern magazines or simply to cut costs. I'm not expecting a manga serial or anything but I was surprised there was no artwork at all.
>>
>>9562206
Wow now I really gotta buy the magazine
>>
>>9562206
>Mermaids gross

Fucking kek
>>
>>9562206
Thank you, anon!!
>>
File: what.jpg (906KB, 2445x3439px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
906KB, 2445x3439px
>>9562206
Ok, but what is this second rate Sugary Carnival type dress??

Thanks for the scans though!!
>>
>>9562206
Thank you so much for this! Can't imagine how much time it took to scan. I used to do the odd comic book scan back in the day and it was a pain and a half sometimes.

Also, I've been poo-pooing AP lately but I kinda like the halloween (?) print that's in the book. Not too sure about the sack dress but I like the jsk, the melty wedge heels and the ghost bag. But I do have to agree they should have filled in the mouth.
>>
>>9562263
Ugh, of all the neo-lolita reworkings of classic prints AP's been putting out, this one is undoubtedly the worst.
>>
>>9562263
goddamn I thought the black looked bad... that looks even worse
>>
>>9562206
You're killing these magazines by scanning and sharing them! This is why GLB and Kera died!
>>
>>9561916
Sorry, I was thinking of that one Chinese magazine that's new then.
>>
>>9562285
Actually, this is motivating me to go and buy a copy. I probs wouldn't have trusted a new magazine with my money but this is pretty good content that I'm willing to pay for.

>>9562286
Girlism?
>>
>>9562206
Can someone please translate the article on AatP?
https://i.imgur.com/sCNrSKZ.jpg
Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9562285
Trust me, the western market is such a small drop in the total number of sales for these mooks. Also GLB and Kera went out of print because people weren't as interested in buying print media anymore with the prevalence of social media.
That being said, Melt came with a really awesome purse that you can't get just by looking at my scans. Plenty of people are going to buy it just for that. It's not expensive either, I paid like $12 before shipping for it and the shipping wasn't much either.
>>
>>9562285
The G&LB has barely ever been scanned for the past five years, most of the online sources of scans stop at about 2011 and I don't recall seeing any new G&LB scans posted to /cgl/ in the past couple of years like I have for Larme or Otome no Sewing Book. G&LB died because it's content became less relevant once there were coord shots and tutorials and brand ads everywhere online for free, and because the majority of its readership was always in Japan and lolita was losing popularity in Japan (plus maybe some stuff to do with the publishing house/sponsors). It's not because of scans and I think scans like anons give people more of an idea of what's inside so they don't feel like buying is risky, like some people were saying with Eternita.
>>
what happened to the cgl discord server?
>>
>>9562206

A bit surprised to find I'm liking every other brand except AP, but AP really does look too much like cheap taobao now. Now, if only any of the other brands would put pockets in their dresses -- first one to do so consistently would be my new favorite.

Thank you for the scans, though!

>>9562307

Scans of new releases are frequently shared on lolitaupdates, maybe that's what they mean. I agree with you on tutorials and photos being freely available elsewhere, though, plus people seem to have stopped translating GLB articles, so the magazine itself seems less prestigious because nobody ever seems to get excited for it.

The purse is a nice freebie, though I don't know if Melt can keep up that size of freebies. GLB also had freebies with every issue, it doesn't seem to have helped people buy them more often.GLB freebies are smaller though, often it's just stickers or something printed inside the magazine, biggest I've seen are clear folders or notebooks.
>>
>>9562045
I can't roll my eyes hard enough at you.
>>
>>9562343
Goose probably got super salty and deleted or booted most people from it kek
>>
>>9562206
I thought Drug Honey were kill, still have one of their monstrosities in the back of my wardrobe for nostalgia's sake
>>
>>9562285
Eternita is more likely to die, nobody talks about it and nobody's scanned it even though it has more popular styles (classic lolita, larme and otome kei)
>>
>>9562219
>I'm kind of disgusted by the amount of space given to Anime Matsuri as well, although I guess the editors don't know how shitty the Leighs are
this alone means i will not be buying it. there are other mags, and KERA still has gothic stuff while Jabberwocky is like 75% gothic.

i may consider a way to let the people of Melt know this, perhaps a boycott early on could help them cut ties.
>>
>>9562343
>>9562394
It's still around. It's the only active one of the four or five various cgl discords. I like it well enough.
>>
>>9562430
I really hope someone can let them know about the scamming and trying to rip apart the local lolita community. I don't know if they look at amazon reviews, I guess someone from their staff does but would they take it seriously?
>>
>>9562206
Thank you. Looking at the styling in magazines is so much more fun and inspirational than CoF or cgl
>>
Speaking of magazines. I sometimes want to buy Spoon because I think their (lolita) covers look interesting (even tough I don't like AP), but does anyone know how much fashion they actually feature? I can't read Japanese so it would be boring to buy it just for a couple of pictures.
>>
You can now import your facebook posts to livejournal automatically. So when useful things are posted in the lolita facebook groups we can archive them on lj.
>>
>>9562123
That sounds so nice. Normally, I'm freaking out, but that's because I've been hosting meets lately.
>>
Going to Prague. Is there anything for a lolita to do?
>>
>>9562512
Drink beer
>>
>>9561769
CDJapan accepts PayPal. I order from them all the time lol
>>
>>9562541
Cdjapan doesn't mark things down and doesn't offer free shipping so they are more expensive than yesasia
>>
File: GNewo5t.jpg (97KB, 424x640px) Image search: [Google]
GNewo5t.jpg
97KB, 424x640px
Any truth?
>>
>>9562578
Definitely feels that way sometimes.
>>
>>9562578
I think it's just because lacemarket has an image of being expensive, people don't look there anymore
>>
>>9562263
>>9562281
>>9562284
I hope everyone hates this so i dont have to worry about it being ripped from my cart on release day
>>
>>9562418
Is there even more then one copy of eternita? I loved my copy and id love to get another issue if there even is one, bit i havent seen any, which is probably why it isnt talked about
>>
File: whatamI.jpg (171KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
whatamI.jpg
171KB, 500x463px
>>9562123
I pluck my eyebrows and do a very careful mustache shave. I obsess over my outfit for a day, iron and lay out everything I'm going to wear the day before
>>
>9562066
>I wish gothic wasn't considered timeless. I want people to get embarrassed and "grow out" of it so I can buy up all of their old pieces instead of them never re-entering the second-hand market.

Me too, there's so little to choose from secondhand it gets frustrating. Though I have found there is slightly more on the Japanese secondhand market, emphasis on the 'slightly'.
>>
>>9562585
Same
>>
>>9562586
It was supposed to be released twice a year...
>>
>>9562578
Grabby bitches that won't ship to europe
>>
>>9562578
It's fine. Treating lolita as an investment is foolish anyway. At least it's not as bad as the Japanese market- as nice as it is to have cheap brand readily available it must suck to spend $300 on a new release and have Closet Child buy it from you for fifty bucks or something.
>>
>>9562578
This >>9562582 thanks to the people who can't accept that comm sales prices aren't relevant anymore and their used 3-10 year old dresses aren't even remotely worth retail.
>>
>>9562646
That's not what I was saying. There are often good deals on lacemarket but because people think it's expensive, they don't look there.
>>
>>9562578
>I can't get retail price for something I wore
That's normal, though?
>>
File: dNhGOjt_d.jpg (128KB, 640x973px) Image search: [Google]
dNhGOjt_d.jpg
128KB, 640x973px
>>9562206
Good lord I want that pie hat
>>
>>9562285
>>9562289
Same, I just bought a copy because of this anon actually, so thanks.
>>
>>9562263
Its like they made a replica of their own design. I want to see more weird bizarro land lolita.
>>
>>9562123
Make sure all my visible body hair is shaved. Probably do a sugar scrub the night before coupled with a nice scented lotion that goes well with my perfume. I like to wear a sheet mask first thing in the morning before getting ready so my skin is soft and well hydrated. Make sure my nails look okay. Perhaps put a fresh coat on. But I do all that anytime I'm going somewhere besides the grocery store or work. So at least once a week.
>>
Is Wunderwelt's website down?
>>
>>9562689
It's been extremely slow for me all day but it's working. Barely.
>>
>>9562512
Czech comm is great, see if any of them want to hang out. They are lolita centrala on fb
>>
>>9562655
They fucking should, so much cheap brand on LM. Newfags complaining brand is expensive make me mad
>>
>>9562430
As much as I hate to admit otnsinceni really like them, I think the reason Anime Marsuri got so much space was because of Triple Fortune. They had attended as guests and they apparently always bring their own photographer with them.
>>
>>9562045
So like what are your thoughts on the fact that many lolita models and most lolita designers are above 30? Should they also find a new hobby?
>>
>>9562657
I can't sell dresses I bought for 300-400usd for 100-200usd
>>
>>9562710
Well tough shit? Western lolitas are too entitled to the retail price of their dresses. This literally used to be the only fashion where you could sell used at retail price. It's not a normal thing at all.
>>
>>9562578
These dumbasses don't realize lolita is also expensive. I'd LIKE to drop 200€ on a dress multiple times a month, but can I? No. The amount if people who might want a dress or be saving for one is unknown. Sometimes I think "if it's there next month maybe I can get it", y'know?

And why would I on LM when plenty of SS can get me cheaper brand and cheaper shipping and actually ship to me? There were like 4-5 anons in the oldschool thread who wanted that Btssb Cross OP but she was US-only. They also don't bother to try to think their prices are "cheap" but add in 23€ shipping and now I'm paying 60€ for that blouse, not 40€. None of them try to understand the global market. If I can get that blouse for 30€ and 9€ SAL, why wouldn't I? It's not oversaturated, it's just more competitive and people are lazy to realizing that.
>>
>>9561714
You can buy from the JP site directly, send them an email to order.
>>
>>9562711
Selling something secondhand for 100-200usd that you bought for 400usd is quite normal. I've sold H&M pink label stuff for more than retail.
>>
>>9562578
Only rare yet popular dream pieces ever sell for over retail and people need to realize this. Japanese second hand is more accessible than ever. These posts are made by the same dumbasses who claim Lolita is dying.
>>
File: 4eKVrOP.jpg (903KB, 2292x3470px) Image search: [Google]
4eKVrOP.jpg
903KB, 2292x3470px
>>9561697
fishnets spotted
>>
Is there a way to see the actual seller feedback on mercari?
>>
>>9562206
Doesn't anyone find it strange that Moitie and Misako aren't in it?
>>
>>9562462
it varies each issue
>>
>>9562662
Same. Also the bread (?) accessory
>>
Does anyone know this brand? http://htokumine.wixsite.com/marchentic
Are they sold at any physical shop?
>>
>>9562512
Idk how your interests are, but aside from general sightseeing (Astronomical Clock, etc.) I'd be going to the Alphonse Mucha musem.

I'm jelly anon, I've never been to Prague despite living not horribly far away for years.
>>
File: dafuck.png (445KB, 1250x483px) Image search: [Google]
dafuck.png
445KB, 1250x483px
What are people smoking these days asking $50+ for Bodyline dresses?
>>
>>9562512
I visited Prague two years ago. The astronomical clock is really pretty! There's also a beautiful cathedral up on a hill that I suggest checking out (can't remember the name).
>>
>>9562578
This applies to anything secondhand except for rare items, why do people not get this?
>>
>>9562263
This is way cuter than the black colorway but it still looks off. I also really dislike Risa as a lolita model.
>>
>>9562968
i really like risa as a lolita model. what don't you like?
>>
>>9562977
NTA but I mostly have a problem with her doing the same face and poses 24/7. Most JP models have a wider range with face and poses than she does.

She's pretty but her face and skill set as an actual model seems very niche to me and you can only do the same "fuck me daddy" look so many times before it gets boring.
>>
sooo did any of you ever had problems with security wearing lolita in public places?

was having a fun time walking round and taking pictures in a free museum with 3 friends and got told by a secuckrity guard to leave because we might "create a crowd and make trouble" then this cuck even told me to "dress appropriate next time"???
We were wearing nothing super sweet or OTT i was wearing a fucking victorian maiden dress ffs. We saw some slut with her ass hanging out of her shorts and a lady with a dress showing a whole lot of cleavage but nobody said anything to them.
>>
>>9562985
Fuck that I would of ended up causing a scene asking to speak to an actual museum director or the security guards boss.

As someone who was once a security guard, they arent cops, they dont have the power of a cop, and the best they can normally do is call the actual cops and wait. Most normal security guards arent even trained or allowed to have a taser or gun on them.
>>
>>9562985
>secuckrity
Stopped reading right there. Sometimes you don't need to type like a meme to make your point.
>>
>>9562711
1/4- 1-2 is not "retail," poorfag. People are wanting dresses for $50 but at that point it isn't even worth it to sell them
>>
>>9562950
afaik, because lots of stuff is out of stock so people think it's worth more or something. Idk about this specific print, idgaf honestly
>>
Does Japanese post run on weekends? I'm anxiously awaiting some things to arrive at my SS's office
>>
>>9562950

This >>9563076 plus this print actually was hyped up and super popular as "the poor person's Sugary Carnival" -- six years ago.

Seller doesn't get that newer lolitas just don't give a shit since we now have so many pony prints floating around, plus in those six years Bodyline has stocked and restocked that dress so many times.
>>
>>9562731
I'm confused, are you suggesting that US sellers choose to charge high shipping costs to other countries? Because we have literally no control over the cost. This is why US based sellers don't want to work with international buyers, they always want to whine about shipping costs when there's nothing we can do.
>>
Lor is so chubby now but her face still looks haggard, all those anons who insisted she only looked like a dried squid because she was so thin are proven wrong kek

Just watched her Wunderwelt vid and how did she think it was a secret..
>>
>>9563115
IF lor (who is pretty fit) now is what is chubby then we are all obese. Her face is her face, not sure why you think people would gain chub in the face for sure anyways.

The video sounds sponsored as well.
>>
>>9563129
Those hammy flabby arms... how fat and delusional are you to think that that's normal?

WW reached out to her to do the video, but it's unclear if she's being paid to do it or not. The comments are hilarious though, all the landwhales who can't do any research crack me up.
>>
>>9563092
You are reaching
>>
>>9563139
How is it reaching when it's something that happens all the time?
>>
>>9563139
I don't sell to eurofags any more because they consistently bitch when they find out shipping. anon isn't reaching.
>>
>>9562977
I'm the anon you replied to and I think her pouty, perma-sad face doesn't suit the style, atleast the sweet AP style that she models for. She looks best in Larme like coordinates, that are in more red shades, or darker colors. I just don't like her in the fashion, she is fine as a Larme model.

>>9563132
Calm your Vendetta. She is average in size at most. Stop being jealous that WW is sponsoring someone who isn't you.
>>
>>9563184
Average in America? Yes. Anon sorry but she's clearly gained at least 30+ lbs, just look at her older videos. At least most AP will still fit her. I still like Lor, now that she seems to stop being so mopey over her ex.
>>
>>9562285
No, they were not killed that way. Print media has just died in general.

Believe me, I tried to find GLB scans. No one has done them since around the prime of LJ and egl.
>>
>>9563085
no, they don't
>>
>>9563248
I'm sure they do. I've had stuff delivered to me on weekends AND on christmas day/holidays.

Felt sorry for the postie though.
>>
>>9563092
No, I'm saying US sellers bitch their shit doesn't sell but don't take into account the fact their shit is only cheap for US buyers. If I really want something I'll pony up shipping too, but Americans never see past their own noses. By the time I get a "so cheap" 40€ blouse, I've also probably paid 23€ shipping and 10€ VAT. This is something I have to account for while shopping that most Americans rarely understand. I'm not saying you can control the shipping prices or that you should charge less, I'm saying it's not very cheap or sustainable for a lot of us to buy from the US constantly, and you guys never really get that. We can get brand now from Japan secondhand easier and cheaper as well as Taobao and other Euro sellers. All of these are more sustainable for us.
>>
>>9563333
Thank you for clarifying, that makes sense. I think a lot of US sellers aren't aware of the fact that we are one of the only places in the world that doesn't have to worry much about things like VAT and customs.
>>
>>9563170
>>9563182
That one in particular is not bitching about shipping, did you not read her post well? Besides that, US shipping for a main piece would be twice as much.
>>
File: IMG_1236.jpg (128KB, 640x975px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1236.jpg
128KB, 640x975px
>>9562206
That new BTSSB berry print though, I'm in love. Also, Meta seems to be doing AP better than AP in pic related
>>
>>9563337
I also see this from both sides because I myself was living in America about 4 years ago, I'm American, but I married a Euro and moved here and live here and have no intention of moving back. So when I bitch about Americans being privileged, it's something I myself once was. I had to get used to losing that no customs cheap shipping from US brands access to everything lifestyle I had. The variety and access of brands in the US is astounding. It used to be America ran the markets more, but American stuff is not as much in demand anymore with market diversity and the way USPS had to raise shipping prices etc. For me it's a weird two-side coin because I see stuff on LM I want that won't ship here, and then cheap stuff I don't care about that does. I have a habit of wanting to make shipping "worth it" and I have friends who feel the same. If you have 3-4 cheap things I want, I'll go "ok if I divide the shipping and tax that's probably roughly an extra 7€ per item, yeah that's worth it to me" or a 200€ dress I'm like "it's already expensive let's go full monty". It's not one problem or one solution, it's many, but with the increase in more sustainable ways to buy lolita from other countries, more US sellers lose the power they had of having that item you want, because the chance you can find it elsewhere for less is higher.

That was part of the point of my post, is that when US sellers do have that demand advantage like the Cross OP, they don't really use it, and when they don't have that advantage I feel like there is a lack of understanding how it is to buy stuff from outside the US. You can maintain that consumerism if you're fairly well off maybe, but most of us can't or don't desire to.

Also these comments of "a eurofag cried to me once about shipping" every time someone brings up American privilege is so old. Yeah wow, some Euros are dumb assholes, but that is not the point here.
>>
>>9563347
>If you have 3-4 cheap things I want, I'll go "ok if I divide the shipping and tax that's probably roughly an extra 7€ per item, yeah that's worth it to me"
This is why it's better to upload all of your sales at once instead of a few items per week. When I think about buying something from the US I always check their other sales.
>>
>>9563129
>The video sounds sponsored as well.
Wow you really discovered something here. Who would have thought that when she said in the beginning of the video that wunderwelt reached out to her and gave her free stuff to make a video that it means the video is sponsored??
>>
>>9563347
Honestly if someone doesn't want to ship to Europe you should just contact someone you know in the US and mark it down

I feel your pain though
>>
Does anyone know where to watch the btssb dvd from 2011?
>>
>>9562985
If you act like how you type, I'd kick you out, too.
>>
>>9563496
Who pissed in your cheerios this morning? Get a grip, anon
>>
>>9563036
>no fun allowed

>>9563496
Off course I didn't act like that irl you walnut. We're on the chans here and i'm merely venting.
>>
>>9563132
nayrt but i'm European here and by no mean overweight or even slightly chubby but
you're reaching. Her arms aren't fit or skinny for sure but they aren't gross flabby fatty hams either. Now stop projecting.

I'm not even a Lor fan, I think she's decent at best, but all of you shitting on her face/weight/... just sound really jelly.
>>
>>9563347
>I feel like there is a lack of understanding how it is to buy stuff from outside the US
Maybe, but I'm not so sure anon. I hear eurofags complaining about customs so often in this hobby. It's more likely that I'm not going to mark down my items to make it cheaper for someone who is more inconvenient to sell to when there are more US buyers anyway. I'd rather sell to a US buyer at a decent price plus cheap domestic shipping than sell abroad for a cheap price plus expensive shipping. The amount I get would be more, not to mention PayPal takes a cut of that shipping price too.
>>
I'm going to be moving to shanghai in the near future, and I know some taobao brands have physical stores as well. Is there anywhere worth checking out in or <2 hours from Shanghai (other than AP)?

>>9562206
Thanks anon! These are super nice, and you've inspired me to make some scans for eternita.
>>
>>9562058
This. Happily married lolita who just entered her 30s here, it's all about styling. I've never looked young enough to pull off the baby face coord shit so I've always gone after a kind of late 50s vibe. Mad Men season 1 is amazing inspo.
>>
>>9563752
Nayrt but I'm having trouble picturing a lolita coord using Mad Men as inspo. Is it like classic meets vintage/rockabilly?
>>
>>9563848
OT but is Mad Men a good show? Should I watch? I'm always looking for pretty things to watch and I've watched most of what's mentioned in >>9511389 desu
>>
I know this store is an reseller for some taobao brands (usually the defective stuff), but is this a replica? It's not up in LyreIvy's store and they don't have the branding on it, but I don't see any visible differences.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2017-New-Cute-Mori-Girl-Sleeveless-Dress-Building-Printed-Empire-Waist-Suede-Midi-Dress/1921357_32820837057.html
>>
>>9563848
A lot of the cuts classic lolita uses lends itself well to 1950s styling, especially in hair and makeup.
>>
>>9563738
This was posted in rufflechat, Joy City has a lolita store on the top floor apparently
>>
>>9563865
I'd assume replica - they also have a MM and AP replica in their store if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>9563865
I believe it's this, House of Hannover by Lyre-Ivy, which was released last year. Via the Taobao page the original price was like 450 yuan for reserve and 500 for spot, so the fact they're selling it at 34.99 makes me think replica yeah.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-10790229314.18.62b829820KNSHL&id=542282048298
>>
>>9563941
Oh I just noticed you already knew what brand it was, sorry I'm dumb and can't read.
>>
>>9562985
Are you french ?
>>
>>9563115
She definitely looks like she's gained a little weight, but I don't see it as a bad thing. It happens as you get older, plus maybe she's happier now?

I'm glad she did a review on their petticoats, but I wish she had tried to get a full coord with that money instead of just buying what she wanted. I would have liked to have seen how far $300 could get someone as seasoned as Lor.
>>
Is there a good international shipping option you'd recommend US seller use? If you don't do priority shipping to Canada/Mexico it's usually pretty on par with domestic rates (sans customs, I guess), but I feel so bad when I look up shipping options to Europe. UPS and FedEx are even worse :/
>>
>>9562057
>>9562058
This. Lots of guys like lolita, or are decent enough not to give a shit how you dress because they love you for you. Low bar, yeah, but that's just one trait of the kind of guy that would be nice to marry.

I will also add two things: one, I'm 27 now and I honestly don't look much different than at say 22. I love lolita more than ever and I don't have plans to stop. Two, my husband loves it and is very supportive. Oh, and if you ever get the baby talk from your mom, assuming you want kids: I wore lolita through pregnancy, breastfeeding, and rampaged around a festival or two with a toddler. Not a problem whatsoever.
>>
>>9564050
First class anon. It's covered by PayPal if you buy it through PayPal. Only downside is no insurance protection for your items. It starts at $13.50 and increases from there based on weight.
>>
>>9563958
The Louvre isn't free, Black Friday stan.
>>
>>9562655
That's true. I got into the habit of just using LM for prints I could search the name of and only checking y!ja, fril, WW, etc. for basics because for a long time the cheapest deals were there, but I have noticed I'm missing out on stuff. Just recently I bought a kuma-kumya bag on auctions then saw it $10 cheaper (even with international shipping) on LM. I've seen blouses and stuff pop up on there cheaper than what I bought them for from Japanese sites too.

Oldschool is hard to sell on too...oldschoolfags are both cheap as fuck and rarely check Western sites because sifting through LM listings wastes time they could be using to sift through auctions to look for rare pieces no-one in the Western comm even owns, so it can be really hard to sell even if you drop the price below cost because it's unlikely that any of the people that are interested will even see it. I wish that LM would introduce an "oldschool" category like they have categories for gothic, hime, shiro etc, but I'm sure it'd end up clogged with tag abuse. Maybe people should cross-post to the oldschool sales Facebook group more often.

It goes the other way more often though. There's a Euro Moitie seller right now who has a bunch of Moitie socks up for over $50 and some for over $30, when a bunch of the exact same ones have sold (singly, not even in a lot where you might not want all the items) on Mercari and other sites recently for 1300-2000 JPY.
>>
>>9562263
The colours are all subtly (or unsubtly) wrong, it reminds me off some of the things bad Western indie brands came out with a few years ago.
>>
>>9564138
Oh god that's it, exactly. It's Angelic Pretty imitating a Taobao/Indie brand imitating Angelic Pretty.
>>
File: royalgate.jpg (96KB, 425x623px) Image search: [Google]
royalgate.jpg
96KB, 425x623px
>>9562822
Moitie aren't in anything any more.

I wish they'd done a magazine photoshoot to advertize Neo Gothic Arch like they did for Royal Gate etc. They're always so shooped and out of focus that you could get the same effect even if Mana was past his modelling prime.

>>9562985
Nobody's going to kick people out for showing a lot of cleavage or wearing booty shorts (at least not without that person then going to the press and giving their store bad publicity by complaining about it), they're common, normal items. What are you on?

>>9563346
Jesus, now she's copying the sad Risa look as well and she doesn't even make it look cute. It's spreading.
>>
>>9563363
This. I'm busy with work atm and would only be able to upload a few items a week, but I'm holding off until I can sell a lot at once because I consistently find I get more sales that way. If people are searching by category and find one of your items they might click on your name and find the rest, even if they don't end up buying the original items.

I'm also I'm guilty of leaving stuff in my watchlist until either the seller lowers the price or the seller uploads other stuff I can bundle with it too, especially for small things like socks that might cost more to ship internationally than they're worth.
>>
>>9562822
Would Mana even want to be included? It seems MmM relies on its existing customer base and his legacy to get by. I don't know if they feel a need to advertise since they already 'have' the press the brand needs.
>>
>>9562028
Are you white? Only they age quick
>>
>>9564216
Every race ages quickly if you are vapid and have enough talent in nitpicking anon.
>>
>>9564217
I never understood why people say that, esp with black women or "black don't crack". Nearly all the young black women I've met had "cracked" just like anyone else would? This one black guy I was friends with esp had really old looking face with deep wrinkles by the age of 23. Sun fucks you up, no matter what race.
>>
>>9564217
It's scientific that they age the fastest
>>
>>9564176
They were in every GLB for fifteen years.
>>
>>9564221
>it's scientific

It's scientific that fair skin ages quicker than other more melanin dense skins if you don't protect it, yes. That doesn't mean you don't find white people who have taken care of their skin like they should aging better though.

It comes down to effort being put into maintain the skin. Science is great but if you're going to use it in an argument know your shit to back it up k?
>>
>>9564219
People say that to shit on white people when in reality if you spend enough time with a person over a certain age of any race 99% of the time if you aren't an idiot you can see they've aged.
>>
>>9564137
She sold some of those socks

>>9564171
>>9564176
There were moitie coords in Eternita but not a photoshoot
>>
File: tumblr_od3lj11PvG1ubljkdo1_1280.jpg (310KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od3lj11PvG1ubljkdo1_1280.jpg
310KB, 900x1200px
I want to mantain my wardrove full of brand, but oh god, I've eyeing some taobao dresses recently, and that kind of makes me feel like a lesser lolita.
Does anybody else have this problem?
>pic unrelated, I just wanna be loyal to mana-sama-banana-desu
>>
>>9564262
I only buy lolita clothes made in Japan out of principle and I think 99% of taobao is ugly
>>
>>9564262
Don't do it, they work out the same price as second hand and they're always disappointing when they arrive. R-Series is good but they're basically Chinese brand now if that makes sense. I've had some decent blouses from Dear Celine and HMHM, but I regret nearly all my taobao dress purchases. They're also trickier to sell. Sage for blogpost
>>
>>9564262
I'm feeling the same these days. I would like to buy some more interesting designs that I could never have from Japanese brands like that Hannya dress. They cannot be that bad 'cause lots of people are only buying taobao, right? I'm afraid of my friends' reaction too.
>>
>>9564262
I used to be like that. Until I realised I couldn't wear any of my pieces out casually... buying taobao makes my life so much easier when I just gotta go to class but I want to look cute. Or when I'm back in SEA and I'm dying in the heat cause FUCK humidity. But I generally don't post my taobao outfits on any SM if that helps
>>
>>9564262
it's not really a problem. buying a couple of taobao things doesn't mean you have any less burando.
>>
>>9564313
Are you me anon? This is the exact reaction I've had to almost all my taobao purchases. The one exception has been a pair of otome dresses and that's it.

As for >>9564262, it won't make you a lesser lolita but depending on your taste and experience with brand pieces you may regret it if you're disappointed. And then it just leaves a bitter taste in your mouth as you attempt to shove it off on LM or wherever while wishing you had spent your money on brand.

Or you could have a really great experience. Tell us about it if that happens, please.
>>
>>9564337
For me, I mostly buy secondhand brand and have zero desire for most Taobao, but Nameless Poem is so good. It was my first lolita dress and I regret nothing, it's more expensive and better looking than Baby and AP's nun dresses when you see them side by side in photos, and the quality is top notch.
>>
>>9564262
I'm a gothic lolita with a similar problem. It seems like the only place to find gothic lolita prints these days is taobao and I hate it. I'd absolutely throw my money for more gothic japanese prints, if anyone would even attempt to do them anymore.

I say don't do it, because Mana is trying to get his brand up. If you put all that money outside of brands like Moitie especially, gothic lolita in Japan will never be back. Look into brands like Sheglit or things like that if you must.
>>
>>9564338
Okay, seriously, did everybody else receive another Nameless Poem than I did? Mine looks really cheap, the fabric is thin and wrinkles easily, the lace is stiff and shiny...it's just not comparable with brand. It's the second release, the first one that doesn't have the more salmon colored collar/cuffs. Did their quality decrease for that release? I hear everyone talking about how Ista Mori is brand quality, but I was so disappointed in that dress and never wore it out.
>>
>>9564099
Bruh, there are other museums in White Flag stan, it's kind of a bigish place with lots of places to hang pictures.
>>
>>9564262

My problem with taobao brands is the absolute lack of decent reviews. Like there's a whole lot of newbies who go "I just received this from My-lolita-dress and I'm finally a lolita everything is perfectly rainbows and roses ilu everybody".

There's so many more details that are missing, like what is the gold printing like on the Sakuya Lolita star print dresses? Have you washed it, do the stars come off easily, is it scratchy, what are the washing instructions? Is the jam dress from Rococco Soul really garment-quality fabric, or is it stiff tablecloth-quality material? Has Krad Lanrete improved their print quality, or is the underside of their prints still white-ish? How many times have you washed your taobao dress, does the print come off when you rub it, and what print is it? Do the Cala Rossa/Fox Feathers dress really come with pockets, or is it something they promise, then they do a refund and blame the lack of pockets on factory problems? Which parts of a ToAlice dress gives away that it’s a $50 dress instead of $250 AP? And so on and so forth.

I’ve bought a few taobao dresses that I’m happy with, but generally I set my expectations really low. There’s a few brands that I genuinely like, but the other anon is right in that most things aren’t really better than brand.
>>
>>9564262
Get over yourself, seriously. If you like the design it's worth a shot, especially if you wear lolita outside of meets.

My 50-main-piece wardrobe is about 2/3 brand, 1/3 Taobao and I really like most of the Taobao pieces I've bought (I prefer the designs of a lot of Taobao blouses). The vast majority of stuff I've had from established Taobao brands has been good quality. I think what's risky with Taobao, especially these days, is the amount of no-name Taobao shops springing up with prints on updates which have no history and no way to check the quality control. If you're buying from more established names the quality is better... I really love my Dear Celine blouses and everything I've ever got from Surface Spell except one blouse has been great. Brands like Magic Tea Party, HMHM, Infanta and Miss Point are slightly noticeably cheaper and you can see where they've cut corners but still mostly solid (note that I haven't bought from Infanta for three years so for all I know their QC could have gone way down since they expanded).
>>
>>9564368
OP is talking about dresses though, not blouses. While I agree thatI prefer taobao blouses too brand. I can't say the same about the dresses. The quality usually isn't there for me, and I'd prefer to buy main pieces that are brand because it's less of a gamble.
>>
>>9564376
I've owned over a dozen Taobao dresses and I'd say I was very happy with the quality of about 80% of them. I don't own many Taobao print pieces though (mostly solids/embroidery) and from what I've seen at meets the prints are often subpar.

I tend to take the Taobao brand plunge more often for stuff with a good reputation for custom sizing, since the cost: benefit ratio works out better for me that way. I think fit is really important with simple pieces so it's really worth it to me for unshirred classic dresses that I wear on a daily basis, since badly-fitted IW/VM/MM can look awful despite the quality, but if you fit really neatly in standard sizing there's no point going Taobao unless it's a really unique design.
>>
What are the reasons to hang dresses without their waist ties? I saw my wardrobe and thought that visually it looked like my dresses are "dripping" but I don't have place for waist ties so I haven't done it before.
>>
>>9563848
Oh, not AT ALL. I can't stand the vintage/rockabilly thing, it's purely inspirational in terms of the silhouettes and the old traditional (if obviously hugely problematic) trappings of femininity. January Jones gets a lot of attention paid to her wardrobe in s1/s2, and the whole show is costume porn throughout, but watching her glide around in that perfect silhouette with an obvious longline girdle on and what are clearly actual silk stockings, with perfectly coiffed hair and flawless makeup, just makes me want to spend that level of attention and care on my own appearance, particularly with lolita.

>>9563852
Dude, YES. It's fucking amazing on so many levels. It has a lot to say, and you really do have to Actually Watch it (a lot of the story is told visually, or backgrounded to the scene, so you can't be like, half cooking or half playing a game while half watching), but it's so worth it. Literally every way you could possibly rate a show, it's a 10/10. Acting, writing, directing, cinematography, costuming, locations, everything. Ugh. And it has such depth you can (and they do) use it as "a textbook" in university level literature and film classes.
>>
>>9564386
It pulls on the buttons over time, which can either make buttons pop off or actually damage the fabric. Plus it just looks like trash. I store my waist ties with the buttonholes looped through the hanger hook, ez.
>>
>>9564386
I hang my waist ties from the top of the hanger usually. typically I use wide hangers with wire hooks, and I just thread the buttonhole through the wire portion. I do it because it looks tidier, and it keeps the stress of them hanging off the buttons and the material backing them.
>>
>>9564346
Mine is the fourth release and it's fine. I don't own any brand that uses a similar fabric type so I can't compare them, but the fabric doesn't wrinkle, it's super flowy and soft. Brand lace is slightly better but it's not shiny or stiff. The construction is also flawless. Maybe the second release was really worse and they got better because people complained?
>>
File: betty-draper-mad-men.jpg (184KB, 568x400px) Image search: [Google]
betty-draper-mad-men.jpg
184KB, 568x400px
>>9564387
Also, to expand: the sleeves and necklines in a lot of 50s stuff aren't suitable for lolita, but those are easy to mentally alter.

In terms of where I draw inspiration, as someone who's always visually looked too adult (both body shape and facial features) to pull off sweet, using a natural waisted or just slightly below natural waist dress (and period shapewear to achieve that lowered waist), a longish A-line skirt instead of cupcakes, and simple prints or solids that instead put the focus on high quality fabric and good workmanship. Here are a couple examples...
>>
>>9564397
...and this is probably my favorite styling of her in the entire show, from S1E9, "Shoot". It's her Valentine's Day date night dress and for the life of me I can't find a nonblurry picture of it online, but this entire scene was just costume porn of the highest caliber and absolutely one of my favorite scenes to go back to.
>>
>>9564262
I don't think owning Taobao stuff makes you a lesser lolita, but as someone who started out with secondhand brand I've found myself disappointed with Taobao quality most of the time. There are maybe 2-3 Taobao brands that are truly good quality and the rest will be a disappointment unless you've only ever bought fast fashion quality clothes that aren't meant to last more than one season. And even the good quality brands make questionable design choices sometimes, like putting stark white lace on an offwhite blouse, baby pink ribbons in a peach pink dress etc. Japanese brands have done stuff like that too, but for them it's a rare blunder whereas for Taobao it seems to be the norm. If there's a Taobao piece you really want there's no shame in getting it, but pay careful attention to the detail pictures and look up reviews if possible.
>>
>>9562021
I actually want the beret to match my angel cats and devil cats dress. But i have a big head. Will the beret look bad on me? Never wore one
>>
>>9564346
Maybe you bought the replica? Their is a cheap replica of Nameless Poem.
>>
File: 254767-8162-2015-01-08085170.jpg (116KB, 778x519px) Image search: [Google]
254767-8162-2015-01-08085170.jpg
116KB, 778x519px
>>9564422
No, I bought it directly from Ista Mori and my dress is consistent with pictures I found of the dress online, including the lace. Maybe it's just preference, but I do not like the fabric and lace. This is not my picture, but it shows the lace nicely. Maybe other people like this kind of lace, but I think it looks cheap. Overall it's not a terrible dress by any means, it's nice for taobao, I just don't think it's comparable to brand...or at least not to the brand dresses I own.
>>
Am I the only lolita who doesn't care for Disney? So many girls in my comm are absolute Disney lovers but even as a sweet lolita I find it so boring, they want to make more meetings at Disneyland, go to a Disneycafe,...
and when I told them I don't really like Disney they just went "whaaaa- omg you don't like disney?????"

Same for anime sort of, some of them are obsessed with animu and when I told them I don't watch it that much they looked at me weird.
>>
File: 7503545982_45855ab0e9.jpg (78KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
7503545982_45855ab0e9.jpg
78KB, 448x336px
>>9564262
Same oh my god. There's this solid dress with ruffles that I absolutely love. And a floral one. But I wanna maintain a 100% brand main pieces wardrobe at the same time?
>>
>>9564451
literally just get them. life is too short to not wear what you want.
>>
>>9564429
Sounds like you have weird expectations. The lace is not cheap by any means, I'm not sure what you qualify as cheap in this case, as it isn't shiny either. The fabric doesn't wrinkle, and I think it's even lined?

I think the bust is a bit weird and the belt loops are cheap but otherwise it's a good dress.
>>
Does anyone have a spread sheet of secondhand stores that have ebay?
>>
>>9564448
Yes. The only one on the planet. The unique non-disney lover.
>>
>>9564451
That looks like a design replica of Meta's Pintuck Tiered Pinafore JSK. Literally just get the Meta one, they rerelease it every five minutes.
>>
>>9562206
GOTHIC DAD !
>>
>>9564502
I wish. I honestly haven't seen the pintuck tiered jsk in stores in a year. Seems like they're focusing on prints lately.
>>
>>9564262
Holy fuck, this thread is full of people who have never ordered from taobao and have no idea how to use the review section. It's incredibly funny so see you guys fear mongering about ~chinese dresses~ because they're not from ~glorious nippon~
Learn to recognize which taobao brands put out quality dresses and it will be fine, look at reviews and make sure what you're ordering isn't shit.
>>
>>9562512
Good photo ops at the castle/cathedral. On the north side of the river there's also a lovely park to walk through and a cool bookstore called Page Five.

Also in town there's a really good ramen shop (Ramen Kitchen). Some of the best I've had in Europe honestly. Went to some nice patisseries too.
>>
>>9564457
I don't know anon. Nayrt, but I also agree, it looks pretty cheap in that picture.
>>
>>9564544
Don't lolitas look down on anyone who doesn't wear brand though? I think it's more about the status.
>>
>>9564553
Those who do aren't worth your time anyways
It's far more impressive to make cheaper dresses look good than it is to make AP full set coordinate #5 look good.
>>
File: Fotor050213321_zps8b4ad34e.jpg (57KB, 1024x352px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor050213321_zps8b4ad34e.jpg
57KB, 1024x352px
>>9564544
>>9564553
This is why you should never take IRL advice from /cgl/. The "shame upon non-burando" I took seriously until I sucked it up and wore a Bodyline print I liked to a heavily lolita populated convention. I ended up getting compliments from girls in actual brand and a few were surprised the print was actually Bodyline and everything else was Taobao.

Gulls get blouses from Taobao all the time, they get their accessories from Taobao all the time, and some lolita shops on Taobao make damn good prints. Odds are no one will even notice you're wearing Taobao because it's not a flashing neon sign above your head and if your coord is good then no one will care anyway as long as it's not a brand replica.
>>
>>9564316
This is exactly why I'm considering buying taobao! It's not about the prints for me, but how versatile the dresses are in daily wear. I think most taobao prints are ugly and cheap looking imo lol
>>9564320
I'm kind of obsessed about the uniformity of a wardrove though, but that's just me
>>9564337
I can always give away the clothes I don't want to newbies or sell them for extremely cheap.
>>
>>9564544

Google splooge, anon. Some of us aren't that great at deciphering what a salted fish has to do with a dress.
>>
>>9564553
>don't lolitas look down on anyone who doesn't wear brand?
Can't tell if projecting or trolling. Lolitas look down on other lolitas who don't know how to coord. If you get a nonbrand and coord it well, and the quality isn't too shitty, most lolitas won't give a damn.
>>
>>9564564
Not that anon but it's not hard to decipher a X.X rating out of 5.0 at the top of the review section.
>>
File: 06151351_59421268706a3.jpg (126KB, 360x432px) Image search: [Google]
06151351_59421268706a3.jpg
126KB, 360x432px
>>9564558

Well, I mean... AP is getting good at making full set coord #5 look cheap all by themselves... might as well go with taobao anyway, there's starting to be not much difference, at least in terms of design.
>>
>>9564262
>>9564315
>>9564316
>>9564320
>>9564451
>>9564553
Besides the obvious ethical reasons not to buy from taobao, it's also bad for lolita.
Most newbies in my small comm only buy from taobao, when they say it's good quality they mean compared to Primark or something. They don't know what quality lolita is supposed to be. Sure, now there are a lot of nice and affordable lolita brands on taobao, but if we support those brands instead of real lolita brands, the real ones will get in trouble (I think brands like Mary Magdalene and many more are already in trouble). I'm not saying there are no genuine lolita brands on taobao, but most ''lolita brands'' on there will start selling something else as soon as lolita isn't popular in China anymore. Meanwhile brands created by actual lolitas are going out of business. Do you really need 40 dresses of brand, taobao and offbrand, instead of 20 brand and indie dresses?
>>
>>9564570

...........Have you actually done this? Most established taobao shops have a rating of 4-4.9 stars anyway, because girls tend to be easy going on the brands they like.

In fact, both Krad Lanrete and To Alice have the exact same rating, 4.9 stars out of 5. But Krad Lanrete's dresses are ~1k rmb and To Alice about half that price.

The star rating doesn't really tell you what it is about Krad Lanrete's dress that makes it worth the same 4.9 stars as To Alice's 4.9 stars, or why the price of the dress is double, or what material it is.

And it doesn't tell you how the quality compares to burando.
>>
>>9564583
>ethical reasons
what ethical reasons? the fact that they make replicas? simple. if nobody buys replicas, they wouldn't make them. nothing unethical about buying nonreplicas. i think of them the same as indie. a lot of taobao brands have pretty unique and beautiful dresses that they designed. there will always be competition for ANY market, it's just the way the capitalist market works. it's how many companies have upped their games, stepped up, and took over again. AP hasn't done that. instead of embracing the competition, and proving themselves to be worth it, instead they've been releasing shit.
>>
>>9564583
But... who says some of these designers are not invested in the Chinese community? Look at Krad Lanrete, Misako modeled for them. Regardless of if you consider them to be "real" or not, the highest tier taobao are on par with middle tier Lolita burando. I don't see why brands will be "in trouble", if people don't want MM and prefer taobao that's their decision. If you like MM, buy it. I prefer Baby. Are DIY dresses hurting the profit margins of japanese brands? Possibly, but that's not making it evil to DIY.

Additionally, what's the difference to a Japanese brand if we buy their products secondhand? If I buy 20 taobao items and 20 JSKs on the secondhand market, there's no (significant) impact
>>
>>9564595
nobody expects taobao to be brand quality yet. yes, it's catching up, but people don't go to taobao with those expectations. people rate to alice well, because for 15 bucks you get what you pay for. you wouldn't rate fast food 1 star because it's not as quality as a fancy restaurant. i usually look at the photos the girls upload. often they'll take close ups and you can guess the quality.
>>
>>9564600

That wasn't the issue though? I'm saying the 4.9 stars out of 5 in the review doesn't mean a whole lot about the quality of the dress.
>>
>>9564583
You realize China is literally carrying the entire lolita industry right?
Lolita isn't popular in Japan at all anymore.
China produced brands for a chinese fueled fashion is not bad for lolita.
>>
>>9564602
Then look at pictures holy shit
>>
>>9564595
Do you know how rating reviews work? It's for the quality of the item, not the quality of the item compared to X item or how item compares to actual brand item. JFC
>>
>>9564602
you were complaining about how the star rating was confusing because differing levels of quality dresses had similar ratings. so i explained why. it's very obvious why the price is double, are you an idiot? a picture can explain that, and most dresses have photo reviews.
>>
>>9564596
The working conditions

>>9564599
I said some of them are, most of them are not

>>9564613
If most of the target group of lolita brands is buying from Chinese shops that don't care about lolita how is that not bad on the long run?
>>
>>9564613
THIS. Took a trip to japan recently, went to harajuku. I saw hardly any lolitas, and a couple that I did see were speaking Chinese to each other.
>>
>>9564615

You're trying too hard, anon. I know how taobao reviews work. I'm the one leaving them and uploading photos.

The comment is in reply to someone who said even if you don't read reviews, you can simply go off the star rating on most reviews. All I did was point out that most taobao shops, regardless of actual dress quality, have a 4+ rating anyway, so no, don't just go off those ratings. As you can see none of the stars actually say anything about the quality of the dress (other than whether it matches description).

As for "just look at photos holy shit", if you want to buy your dress solely based on whether it looks good in photos instead of focusing on whether it's actually made from good fabric or not... actually, I think that sums up the attitude of taobao lolitas pretty well. But seriously, I'm not here to tell you what to do, all I did originally was point out that the star ratings aren't a good way of judging an item's quality.
>>
>>9564622
You know most lolita dresses are made in China and Malaysia right?
>>
>>9564622
>The working conditions.
You do realize that most Japanese brand dresses are made in China? Likely, they're in the exact same conditions, paid close to the same amount? Even if the Japanese price tag is higher, that doesn't mean the working conditions are. It just means more profit for the Japanese. Also, if you're complaining about ethics, I hope you aren't buying cheap clothes from F21, Walmart, Target, etc.
>>
>>9564628
I think we're getting away from the point. OP's whole problem was "hurr durr I can't understand chinese slang that's my excuse for Taobao bad" which in that case go for the review pics and the item rating.
>>
>>9564583
(I need to unpack ALL of this)

>Besides the obvious ethical reasons not to buy from taobao
If you mean how China's manufacturing laws allow for a lot of potential abuse and bad working conditions, then you had better stop buying anything labeled "Made in China", including Angelic Pretty. Without researching individual companies and their exact sources, there is no one to way that TaoBao brands are more or less noble then "real" lolita brands, which get a lot of their stuff made in China at the same types of factories.

>but if we support those [taobao] brands instead of real lolita brands, the real ones will get in trouble
Supporting a Chinese company that makes replicas over buying the real thing from a Japanese brand is definitely wrong and does hurt the Japanese brands. However, if the Chinese brands are producing better products, which people prefer over the Japanese pieces, then this is normal business. Customers deserve to get what they want, they communicate through their spending and it's up to businesses to decide how to interpret and engage with the market. If Tao Bao is giving people what they want and AP isn't, it is not our fault AP has decided to make it's own choices.

>most ''lolita brands'' on there [taobao] will start selling something else as soon as lolita isn't popular in China anymore
This is happening in Japan right now. Why are people upset with AP right now? It's because AP is reaching out to the Larme and Neo Lolita / Casual Lolita market. That is what's "hot" in Japan right now, while the rest of the world wants "real" lolita pieces. AP did this also with Fairy Kei; their skirts are often not even meant to be worn with Lolita.
>>
>>9564628
It's not that hard to message the seller if you want to know the fabric? Look at pictures to see if it looks alright, and then message the seller for the material. I've asked sellers about it before, and they're always happy to tell me. But honestly, if I'm buying a dress under $100 new from taobao, I'm not expecting the top tier quality. It if looks alright, that's fine, for the price paid.
>>
>>9564636
I honestly don't care if a company makes replicas. I just simply don't buy the replicas. If there's no market for the replicas, they won't sell. But in China, girls seem to care less, so they will sell regardless. If I'm not supporting the replica dress and buying an original, how is that wrong?
>>
>>9564622
Because chinese lolitas will buy lolita as long as it's accessible to them, and taobao brands are even more accessible to them than japanese ones. The chinese brands will continue to produce lolita as long as it's profitable, and as long as there are chinese lolitas, it will be profitable. Lolita would not be as popular in china without taobao brands.
>>
>>9564628
Fabric quality is really obvious from the photos. Most chinese lolitas wear it straight out of the bag for review photos, and all you have to do is look at their photos to tell. Thinner/shittier fabric wrinkles more, which is why ToAlice looks like shit. Better quality brands, like Krad, Ista Mori, Lost Tree, etc. Look significantly better out of the bag because their material is thicker and less prone to wrinkling.
>>
>>9564629
>>9564630
Most Japanese brands produce in Japan.

>>9564636
>stop buying anything labeled "Made in China", including Angelic Pretty. Without researching individual companies and their exact sources
That's exactly what I do, but I don't expect other people to make that effort so whatever. I don't buy from AP but following trends and incorporating them into lolita is like their main thing that they've been doing since forever.
>>
>>9564640
It's not wrong at all to buy an original piece from a company that also makes replicas. In China, the culture is very different from other places, when it comes to how replicas and knock-offs are viewed. From personal experience it seems to be connected with how the Chinese view and communicate status; projecting status is more important then if that status is "real" or not. If a fake can pass as real, the drive to be seen and associated with that concept / object / status symbol overrides considerations.
>>
>>9564502
Oh shit I never noticed since I never really look at Meta. Thanks anon. Will be looking for it. Does it have an OP version or do they just release the JSK that often? I'll be throwing my money at the screen if there's one
>>
>>9564629
>>9564630
Just checked my closet, my made in Japan to made in China ratio is a little over 2:1, and all of my made in China pieces are either AP, Baby, or IW. JetJ, VM, and MM (even if they seem to be dying) are still sticking to local seamstresses it seems.
>>
>>9564634

You're talking about >>9564564? It's a reply to >>9564544, who said
>thread is full of people who have never ordered from taobao and have no idea how to use the review section

I think remarking that the review section is in Chinese, and showing a screencap to indicate they do know where it is and do know how to use it is pretty fair.

Honestly I think the thread mostly got away from the original topic because taobao lolitas are in here with pitchforks ready to burn everything in sight. It went quickly from (what I read as) "I know how to use it but it's in chicken runes" to "use the ratings u shit" to "use the photos u shit" fairly quickly.

>>9564637

Again, that wasn't the original point. And I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I didn't really expect burando quality from taobao anyway, I'm not any of the anons arguing brand vs taobao quality (which is a whole other issue anyway). I'm simply the one pointing out that most stores/items are 4.9 stars and it tells you next to nothing about the actual quality other than there's people who like them (for whatever reason). If you need to figure things like "it's cheap so it's probably not really luxe fabric" then you're already disregarding the 4.9 stars.

And yes, you can indeed message the seller, or if you're using an agent, make your agent do it.
>>
>>9564647
>Most Japanese brands produce in Japan.
that's where you're wrong, AP and baby have outsourced for ages
>>
>>9564654
>I don't buy from AP
Baby and AP are not 'most Japanese lolita brands' but I don't even expect people on cgl to know any Japanese indies or have any respect for this fashion anymore.
>>
>>9564653
>I think remarking that the review section is in Chinese, and showing a screencap to indicate they do know where it is and do know how to use it is pretty fair.
Using taobao reviews has always been for the photos, not the actual reviews. There's no credibility for who's reviewing, think about it logically.
>>
>>9564656
They're the most prominent Japanese brands. If you're going to make a sweeping generalization, at least make sure the biggest brands are included in that.
>>
>>9564647
>>9564583
>>9564622
boycotting things made in china isn't going to help the working conditions. are they bad? yes. but the workers aren't chained to the job for no reason. they're there because they need it, and there's not really other options. boycotting it will only make it worse, instead if you want to make a change, help those people find new jobs somehow. if the companies don't get paid, the workers conditions aren't going to get better. they'll just fire more people or pay them even less, and those people will end up on the streets jobless.
>>
>>9562206
Thank you so much anon for taking the time to scan!
I have to say it was refreshing but odd to not see Misako on every other page. And it was cool to see haenuli. But, since people have evidence of her tracing prints, I'm surprised they featured her stuff. But maybe only the west has moral issues about that?
>>
>>9564653
>I'm simply the one pointing out that most stores/items are 4.9 stars and it tells you next to nothing about the actual quality
As an anon pointed out before, the rating is pretty much in regards to the quality based on the price. As someone made the analogy before of rating fast food based on the price and quality related to the price. It's more like "Wow I got a dress that doesn't have a blurry print, and isn't see through for $15! 5 stars!" Then, "Wow I got a $180 dress that is thick fabric and pretty lace so worth the price! So 5 stars!" The ratings OBVIOUSLY can't spell out the quality overall, just the quality based on the price. That's why anons were pointing out, to know the exact quality you have to do other research as well. Most people buying a $15 dress are fine with star ratings though.
>>
>>9564645

This is not a comment on taobao vs burando or shitting on taobao, it's because you say the quality will be really obvious in photos, so I'm providing one example where it's not. I'm not picking a fight, just giving you an example, okay?

A lot of taobao is surface printed, much the same way spoonflower prints their fabric. The print sits on top of the fabric and doesn't really go all the way through.

Meanwhile most burando uses a method where the dye penetrates all the way to the other side, quite often you can flip the fabric over and see the other side.

The difference is that if you get a snag in burando, the snag is actually going to be nearly invisible, because all the threads are uniformly dyed the same colour. With surface printing, if you snag a thread, it's going to be really obvious, because the thread will actually be white -- this thread was under another thread when it was printed, so it remained white until the snag pulled it out of place.

So a dress made from fabric that's dyed all the way through may look thin and winkled, but be better than one that's thick and luxurious but surface printed, because it any fabric snags will be nearly invisible on it. This means you can damage it a whole lot more and still have the dress look nearly untouched in photos, while the surface printed dress will start showing bald spots where the snags are.

Again, just an example of where the fabric quality doesn't show in photos.

>>9564657

Fair enough, I guess other anon needed to be told that anyway.
>>
>>9562731
>calls people dumbasses
>doesn't understand the government controls shipping prices
>can't see that sellers would take a risk by using cheaper shipping methods where the package could get lost, and no tracking means paypal will side with buyer
Are you willing to pay gift?
>>
>>9564583
I'm not denying that a lot of the no-name shops that pop up overnight are trend-hopping, but it's total bull to act like no Chinese brand is an indie designer and it's all outsourced sweatshop labour.
>>
>>9564534
Move over Mana. It's Gothic Dad time
>>
>>9564656
They're by far the most prolific, Baby, AP and IW have much larger production runs and represent a much larger share of the market than any other.
>>
>>9564448
I'm meh on Disney but so are plenty of girls in my comm. There are also multiple girls who aren't super into anime. The only thing I really differ with everyone on is that I've never been into Harry Potter. Whenever I let on that I haven't read every book or seen every movie, don't know or care what "House" I belong to, don't have any favourite characters etc. there's always someone who acts like I just told them I drown puppies for fun. I don't even hate the series, I just dgaf. My comm has HP-centric meets that I just don't show up to and it's usually fine, but every so often a particularly rabid fan finds out I'm not a fan and feels the need to berate me for it, so that does get annoying.
>>
>>9564659
D-do you not understand how boycots work?

>>9564669
People can get their money back when they pay by gift and you don't fall under seller protection.
>>
>>9564690
I had no idea, thank you anon. That's scary...
>>
>>9564648
Why should we support that kind of behavior?
>>
>>9564688
Agreed. As a kid I was a Harry Potter nut but I grew out of it, I still have fond memories. I like anime and Disney but if someone doesn't that's like... their opinion, man. I don't see why people act so shocked because either
>someone doesn't like the thing I and many others like! Impossible!
>someone saw a Disney movie and didn't fall in love? Their taste is so strange!
>this person doesn't like this thing I subjectively think they should like? They're a bad person!

It's just so stereotypical and I don't understand why
> *gasp* you don't like Harry Potter? Have you even read the books?
>sure but I only got through the first three
>*double gasp* you started then and didn't even finish? But book four is my favorite!
Then they look like they feel sorry for you that you're missing this cornerstone of their lives.

/rant

I do think the Disney thing is more relevant than anything else considering the pretty princess thing and the fact that a handful of brands have done collabs.
>>
>>9564690
ntayrp but i can see their point. not buying the items won't make conditions better aws of right now, because there will ALWAYS be a market for cheap stuff. the usa isn't willing to form a huge boycott against china because most of us are lazy, cheap, and not making enough money to buy all american made goods right now. just because you protest doesn't mean the company is going to change. op seemed to know how boycotts work, just that it's not doing much. with how small it is, a tiny bit less profit is likely going to amount to nothing more than lay offs. learn how capitalism works.
>>
>>9564696
nobody said we were supporting the behavior of buying replicas, just that that's simply how it is there, and it's not a big deal to buy dresses from companies that make replicas so long as they aren't buying replicas. can you read?
>>
>>9564708
It's just your opinion that it's not a big deal. If that's the prevailing attitude of Chinese companies, I'd rather not buy from Chinese companies.
>>
>>9564706
Actually a lot of companies/retailers know people are starting to care about the environment and human rights more. Most people in my country do not live in poverty, and can make choices when they buy something. So if you're selling a product, you want retailers and consumers to know your product was produced in a better environment than the others and you market it that way. But people have the Internet and can demand to know all sorts of information about your product. So you find a factory that does send their workers home at 6 with a fair wage and you use recycleable material. Chinese factories want you to produce your product at their factory, so they allow visitors and get certificates. In retail it's very difficult to find an honest factory and good materials for a good price, but there are people out there trying to meet those demands right now.
>>
>>9564448
Sounds like you should find another comm or something. You sound like the debbie downer of the group.
>>
all this taobao debate is getting old
>>
>>9564725
Time to take a few months break from cgl. Same subjects are always repeated.
>>
>>9562483
wow, that's pretty rad actually.
>>
>>9564732
Nothings really happened in a while, it's expected.
>>
>>9564448
>>9564688
>>9564699
I hate this too! I'm definitely the only person in my comm that doesn't care about disney, harry potter or animu. And when I tell people they just moan about how insane it is that I don't like the things everyone else is into.

It's somewhat discouraging to try and make friends when people act like their existence is based off whatever work of fiction they love most. I've literally watched people just discuss Harry Potter to no end and I have to bite my tongue about telling them about the movie Troll and how unoriginal their hero miss Rowling really is.

Sometimes I feel like I can't escape the normies. Like if its none of the above, then someone is gonna be begging me to watch Game of Thrones or fucking House of Cards.

People who do nothing but watch netflix bore the piss out of me.
>>
>>9564867
You are simply boring then. If you can't socialize over any of these popular topics you are the problem.
>>
>>9564867
You sound really annoying
>>
>>9564688
>>9564699
Same for me. I dislike the whole Harry Potter series, everything is so lame. Also Disney, I mean I watched the movies as a kid but whenever I try to see one now I find them so retarded I can't even watch more than 10 minutes. Anime talk I can stand as long as someone doesn't go all weabo and annoying.
>>
>>9564262
What stores? I keep lurking elpress l, I love that aesthetic but they don't have anything I really need right now like the perfect plus size hime blouse.

Any recs please
>>
>>9564867
So what, pray tell, do you like to do for fun? I'm assuming it must be astounding since anything mainstream is too pedestrian for you.
>>
>>9564688
>>9564867
My people. As pathetic as this sounds, I was bullied in elementary school because I said I didn't like Harry Potter and that Artemis Fowl was a better book series. I think people who make their fandom the most interesting part of their personality is really not my thing. I own Haenuli's lolita detective outfit because of my love for old detective stories, but some girls act offended that I have 0 interest in Sherlock. It's not like I'm wearing a blatant fandom print (like that one F+F Dr. Who print) and saying its terrible.

Ngl, I love to talk about what series I just finished or what I'm currently hooked on, but if the other person isn't interested, why keep prattling on?
>>
>>9564916
>I love to talk about what series I just finished or what I'm currently hooked on, but if the other person isn't interested, why keep prattling on?
^^^ This.

The only time fandom discussions get on my nerves is if it is the ONLY thing that a group will talk about ever. I also don't understand how people can continue on and exclude people after seeing that they aren't interested. It's really rude.
>>
>>9564913
I have an Elpress L hime OP and the quality is so-so, it looks good in pictures but the materials aren't great. I think it was one of my most expensive Taobao dresses (because of the elaborate construction) but never mind brand, the materials are worse than most Taobao IMO. It was machine-washable and all bows were detachable though, which was nice, and the custom sizing was really accurate to what I asked for.

>>9564916
Artemis Fowl totally went to shit after book 3 and book 6 was a travesty, your taste is no better.
>>
>>9564573
This fallacy of "well AP looks like taobao now" is really stupid. There's only a million sweet lolita taobao brands, so AP is bound to look like some of these random, forgettable taobao "brands".

If you're keane to buy cheap taobao, that's on you. It wouldn't change the fact that everything about AP is higher quality.

For this print in particular, stock photos are very questionable, but it looks fine in real life and is absolutely not taobao level.
>>
>>9564932
Book Four was acceptable, 5 and 6 were absolute shit tier.

Artemis Fowl is fine children's book tier taste. I personally enjoyed both series equally but grew to like them less after the fifth books in both series

>and I read book 7 of Artemis hold me

OT, you can like what you like and dislike mainstream stuff but it's really rude to say "this show is shit" to someone's face unless you genuinely just mean it as a difference of opinion. I harbor no love for Sherlock, GoT, Walking Dead, etc but there are some popular things I do like such as Downton Abbey
>>
>>9564915
Did I say that I don't like mainstream things? No.

Sorry I like Clive Barker and talking about stand up comics instead. The difference is I don't rub it in someone's face for not also being into what I'm into.

It's not my fault that I don't have shit in common with people in my comm. I can't do anything about their interests and I don't want them trying to change mine.

>>9564887
NOW THAT'S I CALL TROLLING

>>9564898
Let me guess. Harry Potter fan? They seem to be the most defensive fanbase.

>>9564916
>I love to talk about what series I just finished or what I'm currently hooked on, but if the other person isn't interested, why keep prattling on?
>>9564930
>I also don't understand how people can continue on and exclude people after seeing that they aren't interested. It's really rude.
THIIIS.
>>
>>9564933
Mte. I try my best to ignore anything besides gothic lolita but AP designs are really recognizable as AP to any lolita. I think the people saying that they look like taobao are probably trying to feel better about their off-brand wardrobe.
>>
>>9564932
> Artemis Fowl totally went to shit after book 3 and book 6 was a travesty, your taste is no better.

I did say it was when I was elementary school anon.

>>9564938
I think I stopped at book 3? But I agree with you- its really rude to just tell someone their taste is shit to their face (literally insulting someone's taste in person). My former coworker shut me down immediately when I said I liked certain anime series, but I didn't comment on how much I hate the genres she liked. I was just trying to make a new friend because I saw she had an anime backpack (in hindsight, that was probably a red flag).

It's the opposite side of what was mentioned; you either feel completely excluded because your comm or a group of girls only focus on something you dislike, or someone just flat out insults you because you like something and it's followed with "No that show sucked."

I think the best way to handle it is to just ignore/ find someone else in your group that isn't 100% show obsessed or just a total cunt when it comes to differing taste. Nothing will be lost if you don't interact with them (unless your whole comm is like that in which case ask yourself if it is even worth it)
>>
>>9564966
>My former coworker shut me down immediately when I said I liked certain anime series
If it was sword art online I agree with her
>>
>>9564970
kek
>>
>>9564956
>Harry Potter fan
Yeah, a casual fan. I mean i read the books growing up, I wouldn't say I don't like it. I couldn't give less of a fuck if you dont care for disney, anime, HP, whatever, but you have a nasty attitude.

If theres 20 people hanging out and 19 like x thing, and I KNOW they're gonna be talking about it, I give it a go. Honestly, most mainstream shit isn't hard to swallow. I've been in the position where I'm in the minority of not caring for something, I know it can be annoying, but I'm not gonna be like "X thing sucks".
>>
>>9564448
I hate Disney but love anime if it is more mature like seinen or sci fi. I don't get the Disney obsession, the stories are not that interesting, the art is so basic, and the characters are ridiculous one dimensional tropes
>>
>>9564986
It's called nostalgia, you millennial piece of shit.
>>
>>9564708
That's really dumb, you are lining the pockets of a thief indirectly. I don't mind taobao but I would only buy from a store with original pieces
>>
>>9564992
Not that anon, but lol what? What does being a millenial have to do with pointing out that Disney is definitely for children and very basic in terms of storytelling? I grew up with Disney too, but I'm not stuck in the past and can't see them for what they are.
>>
>>9564970
It was Space Dandy. I really enjoy fun scifi and the animation was groovy. She then proceeded to talk about Sailor Moon (which I learned she's getting tattoos of), Fairy Tail, and showed me her To Love-Ru cosplays. She was excited to hear I wear lolita but that rolled into a "nothing ever fits ME" and "its too expensive" rant. The other coworker I met later kept insisting I should wear lolita to our work when I was on my off hours and talking about how she just started a "new" series, like Inuyasha or Vampire Knight (which is kind of heartwarming in a weird way. She's in her 20s and recently started watching anime, so it's like witnessing the birth of a weeaboo)
>>
>>9564992
Lol what. You're either super old or underage b&, millennials were raised with Disney movies. But they are just that, for children. There's nothing wrong with it but that's why I have no desire for ugly Disney-AP/ Baby/ Meta collabs. How are you still holding on to something from our childhood? Why not buy cuter prints instead of muh nostalgic aristocats ageplay sack dress
>>
>>9564448
>>9564867
I kind of understand this. I'm not into Disney, but I like animation so I'll go back and watch Disney movies more than most adults would, but that's kind of where it ends. I'm not like a "fan" of it like many people are, though? I mean like dreaming of being a Disney Princess, wanting to go to Disneyland, wanting to cosplay the Disney princesses and so on. I find that almost creepy, honestly.

For Harry Potter, I literally watched through all the movies very recently to see what the fuss was about. It's sort of how I feel about Disney movies. They're definitely made for children. No matter how dark the movies got as they progressed, they couldn't get past that "young adult novel" feeling and they were better when they were bright and childish early on. I like them for what they are, but I can't get into this lolita "lol I'm a Hufflepuff let me do a bright yellow Haenuli print" cosplay type thing.
>>
>>9565005
>i-if i use the word "ageplay" everyone will agree with me!!!

A LOT of disney princess coords that i've seen lean more classic and a lot of disney collabs(that aren't APs shitty cashgrab ones) favor a more matured color scheme? Even APs latest sleeping beauty one wasn't really pastel and went for more reds and "adult" tones. But le ageplay meme XD am i rite?
>>
>>9565005
I think AP makes the ugliest Disney collab pieces. Meta made a sailor dress that was Daisy Duck themed that turned out kinda cute, but I think it was because it was way more subtle/toned down than AP's "IT'S DISNEY!" collabs
>>
>>9564972
There is a difference between saying it sucks and just not participating. If a group was doing a Disney singalong I'll be friendly but I'm not gonna try to learn the third stanza of Under the Sea

You're also allowed to have a personal opinion that something is total shit
>>
>>9564932
>anon says she was bullied for liking Artemis Fowl as a kid
>tells her she has shit tastes as an adult
God, why are HP fans such trash? It's goddamn fiction for kids. Get over yourself.
>>
>>9565021
This general is saging so I'm not worried about being ot at this point, but this made me laugh. I didn't take it personally anon, and I probably do have shit taste in somethings (doesn't everyone?)

Would anyone be interested in an obscure lolita interests thread? Could be anything, from hobbies that maybe are more lolita in a sense (I'm picturing flower pressing/ feminine things) or the opposite of like, being super into wrestling, and also books, tv, etc. Not to sound too "NOT LIKE OTHER GIRLS" but it'd be a way to find other lolitas with interests outside the most common (anime and fandoms/HP come to mind).

It also might be nice for those of us who are not in a comm to possibly find friends with similar interests. I remember there was the CGL friend finder threads way back when.
>>
>>9565031
>way back when

You mean right now? There's literally a FF thread up as I type this shitpost.
>>
>>9565036
I can't believe I missed that lol

I've just been hoping into general and the dd thread lately I didn't even see it
>>
>>9565005
>How are you still holding on to something from our childhood?
Lolitas never forget their young girls heart
>>
Everyone who thinks it's not a good thing for adults to like children's things should leave lolita
>>
>>9565031
>obscure lolita interests thread
>stans the best-selling book series of all time
>>
>>9565091
???

Anon I'm the one who didn't like Harry Potter at all.
>>
>>9565010
Yeah but what about the toy story alien all-over print abomination meta did
>>
>>9564933
>>9564959

lol. I didn't even say AP looks like taobao. Just that some of their designs are pretty meh-looking on their own anyway.
>>
>>9565031
I would be into that kind of thread.
>>
>>9564956
I wasn't trolling. You are a bore and should just leave your comm. You are probably a downer anyway.
>>
>>9564956
If you have nothing in common with your comm, why do you go to meets? Are you a meetlita? Your comm sounds childish, but you don't sound much better.
>>
>>9565406
>You are probably a downer anyway.
>probably
You wouldn't know. You're only saying what you're saying because you're clearly upset that someone doesn't like your dumb shit.

Typical angry seagull, honestly.
>>
>>9564543
Newfag
>>
>>9564559
Lol at you thinking people liked your shitty Bodyline dress
>>
>>9564626
Yeah, no. They just don't like hanging out where they will be gawked at by tourists.
>>
So I got my package from bodyline finally, and I have a bunch of items misisng, no notice was attached, and it doesn't seem like it was opoened

I'm missing:
a blouse
a tie
RHS
and some accessories
the package itself has the items listed on the shipping
>>
>>9566050
Well what you can do is write a negative review that is going to be ignored by everyone, just like how you ignored all the negative reviews about bodyline that already exist
>>
>>9564429
hit me up if you decide to sell this
>>
>>9566050
time to get ur money back
>>
I'm very interested in buying AP OPs, but I've never bought anything from them except skirts. I keep hearing that their OP are larger in size than they have been before.
Can anyone tell me if their dresses with no shirring would fit my 35-36 inch bust?
If so, would there still be room to breathe or feel comfortable? I like my dresses to have some space.
I'm especially curious about their baggy dresses like holy lantern and how they fit in the bust area.
>>
File: 1499854550463.jpg (19KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1499854550463.jpg
19KB, 250x333px
For the anon in previous thread who was interested in buying pic related - you can message me on lacemarket https://egl.circlly.com/users/ccorina :)
>>
>>9569058
This is also an old thread
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.