[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 40

File: 1450907236366.jpg (116KB, 469x700px) Image search: [Google]
1450907236366.jpg
116KB, 469x700px
Last thread has been fully derailed and in autosage
>>9552969

Is there a correlation of what the print is and what kind of cut it gets? I think some things are obvious, like Shadow Dream Carnival has that princess vibe, and Dolly Cat has a posh look going with most of its cuts, and Dark Night Hospital has a nurse cut.

But I feel like there are lot of times where this isn't the case?

And the examples I listed are very obvious. Can you guys give me examples where there is definitely a correlation yet it's not blatant?

do you guys have favorite cuts?
>>
I prefer cuts that are lower waist/highly defined waist (VM/MM styled cuts).

>>9557577
Honey Cake would sell now, but as someone else mentioned AP only has their past sales data to go off of. I know I've sent in a request for them to re-release it via their comment form along with a couple of other anons the last time this came up, but that's all we can really do at the moment. Short of someone convincing all the Chinese comms to mass spam AP with a re-release request, that is.
>>
>>9557695
>AP only has their past sales data to go off of
They actually pay a lot of attention to what their customers wear, want and trends in Japan. I think they shouldn't do re-releases at all desu unless they change the cut or colorway.
>>
>>9557625
I really like cuts with a defined, longer bodice that is more "corset-like" or "Victorian" (or Dior new look) shaped. I'm a westerner who can easily look fat if something doesn't show off my hourglass figure; so I steer away from the more muumuu cuts. I do wear shapeless, oversized normie clothes but I can never get away with it in Lolita because the loose cuts are often ops and the arms / shoulders fit too snuggly to give it a "casual" look. Meanwhile the more shaped pieces clearly project any "fittedness" is intentional.
>>
>>9557721
Yeah; I'd love to see older print series in new cuts. It could be a cool way to both satify customers and to experiment with how to push things forward; there are cuts that are seen as more "fairy kei" now then Lolita and vice versa, there are prints that could be cool in Ouji cuts (open back halter vests, pumpkin pants) and I'd love to see OTTD sweet prints re-imagined as almost normie wear.
>>
>>9557625
I feel mostly cuts are either in your face related to the print (like pic related) or it's whatever cut is popular right now. I can't think of anything subtle for now.
>>
>>9557625
I think your question is weird and vague. Obviously all lolita designers think about the cut and if the print goes with it. And the general is always full of bait and off topic.
>>
>>9557625
like >>9557746 said, it's a silly question. It's not like the brands just take a shot in the dark with these kinds of things. Everything is chosen deliberately by the designers. Did you think about this very much before asking it 3 separate times?
>>
>>9557625
DNH doesn't even have the high collar that other nurse OPs tend to have. I wouldn't really consider it a peak example of a nurse cut.

Either way, I feel like lately most of the cuts put out have gotten really generic, especially AP.
>>
Has anyone worn a bloomer thong before? Is it comfortable?
>>
>>9557806
Just give up
>>
>>9557806
What the hell is a bloomer thong
>>
File: prld.jpg (47KB, 498x597px) Image search: [Google]
prld.jpg
47KB, 498x597px
>>9557830
This is what I'm picturing in my mind
>>
>>9557721
>in Japan
That explains a lot, thanks for the correction. All the "why won't <brand> re-release <x>?" questions are getting rhetorical at this point anyway.
>>
>>9557725
Seconding this. it doesn't even have to be a longer bodice or drop waist, but just stuff that hits on my natural waist is a godsend for me (hard to find because I have a long torso, so most "just waist" lolita stuff is slightly high-waisted on me even though I'm only 5'3"). My small waist is my best feature IMO and it's disappointing having nearly every dress I buy hit on my ribcage instead.
>>
>>9557625
High waist cuts are my favorite and almost all that I really wear. I have a short torso and small bust which makes me look like a rectangle in just waist or drop waist dresses.
>>
>>9557836
thats just a ruffly thong you moron, now stop shitting up the thread
sage for bs
>>
>>9557552
Melty Ribbon Chocolate Collar JSK took some time to sell out though. And there's the ugly JSK cut that probably took awhile to sell. So I'm not sure if they'd do a re-release.
>>
>>9558105
which is a real fucking shame coz the damaged set goes for what...$800?
>>
>>9558105

Honestly I'll settle for AP going back to making cute dresses rather than this overdecorated shit they tried to pull as their latest spin on chocolate jacquards. I made it a point to collect at least one piece from every year until Whip Jacquard and Whip Chocolate broke that trend.
>>
>>9557721
I wish they changed up colors for re-releases too. The Milky Planet re-release was all different cuts colors (two different shades of sax, while the pinks were similar). Same with Toy Parade. Country Of Sweets rerelease changed the cuts and added a brown colorway.

AP doesn't have that kind of creativity anymore. Considering their most recent designs, I would hate to see what a re-release of popular 2010 prints would look like today if they changed up the designs or colorway.
>>
File: HTB1_7VoHFXXXXabXpXXq6xXFXXXw.jpg (123KB, 727x724px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1_7VoHFXXXXabXpXXq6xXFXXXw.jpg
123KB, 727x724px
First time seeing this particular replica and it's just so horrifically bad in these photos (the ones that aren't stolen stock images). I can't imagine how awful it would look in real life.

Design Replicas: Not Even Once.

Has anyone ever had to deal with an annoying ita in an ugly design replica like this?

>https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sweet-lolita-princess-Candy-lolita-princess-bow-white-lace-light-blue-chiffon-one-piece-dress-spring/1151060786.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.4.3ABtcw&traffic_analysisId=recommend_3035_null_null_null&scm=1007.13338.81646.000000000000000&pvid=91cd0b30-c182-41d0-9ae3-6059874a75bd&tpp=1
>>
>>9558400
Fucking shit, not fairy marine!!
The original is so cute too and not really all that complicated. Do replica-makers just snort lines before they sew these things or what?
>>
>>9558383
AP's new rerelease: sack dress cut of sugary carnival in neon green
honestly I feel like that's the road we're headed down.
>>
>>9557625
>>
>>9557746
>>9557754
It was meant to be an open ended question.
Like, you tell me your favorite cut of dress and a cut that correlates to the print that isn't obvious.... yes they all do but sometimes it's not obvious.

I'm asking because I'm interested in designing dresses. I asked three times because I didn't get a reply in the handmade thread and last lolita gen was derailed.

Not all threads get derailed. Nor is it an excuse to shit post. Just because bait happens doesn't mean it's not against the rules.

>>9558416
And that's why he works at Google now.
>>
>>9557731
Hey thanks for actually trying!
I think that dress clearly has an Alice thing going on.

I've also been combing all the usual sites, looking at all the different cuts of prints and seeing if I can connect the dots on why they chose certain cuts for what prints so I can do the same.
>>
>>9558400
I was giving this op as a gift, the best way I describe it as a raincoat. I ended just putting it away saying I need to lose some weight before I can wear it. Hopefully they will forget it exists so I can bin it without worry.
>>
File: 1484934401491.jpg (141KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484934401491.jpg
141KB, 768x960px
>>9558585
>given this as a gift
Oh god, I feel your pain, anon
>>
For how much do you think I could sell this IW x Rozen Maiden skirt? It’s rare so I could not for the life of me find any on sale to use for price reference. I’m the first owner and it’s been worn only once.
>>
>>9558602
I would just put it on auction and see what happens
>>
>>9558383

Both Milky Planet and Country of Sweets kinda tanked, though. They were re-released in an era of instant bloodbaths but both took ages to sell out. Might have discouraged them from experimenting with changing up the re-releases.

I wonder if AP ever realised that Milky Planet re-release tanked because they did the really stupid move of changing the scalloped hem for the striped border. The re-release looks so meh next to the original.
>>
Does anyone know where the socks at 1:35 are from? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeJhUIZb4_M
>>
what would be your perfect dress regarding sizing?
>>
>>9558606
Promote it in as many places as you can too (e.g. Facebook sales groups) to make sure that everyone who would be interested sees it.
>>
>>9558715
Possibly something from Erimaki Sox.
>>
>>9558716
This is an odd question... one that fits?
>>
>>9558716
this is not how you do market research
>>
>>9558715
What would be the best way to buy that Magazine if you're in Europe? I imagine shipping from Japan will be a lot.
>>
>>9556424
What is 3F?
>>
>>9558730
3F = Triple Fortune
>>
>>9558734
Thanks

Does anyone know what this says?
>【宇都宮でロリイタやゴシック!】 宇都宮でお茶会やる事になった 妖精さんにまつわるお話を聴きながら美味しいお茶と、妖精ドレスミニショウ 【別ブランドでもいいの?→】 詳細はmelt @melt_mag_japan に掲載 9/2にやりますー

I love flower fairies. I wish I had a flower fairy lolita print.
>>
>>9557695
That's the problem. The original release went on sale back then. I remember reading a blog post on lj where a girl was ablte to get a yellow OP really cheap and everyone was pretty 'meh' about getting it.
>>
>>9558105
The problem with Melty Ribbon Chocolate is that it's one of their chocolate jaquard prints. They will never actually re-release one of these, they will rather make a new one like every year, trying to imitate it's popularity. If anything we might get another one with the collar and pleats?
>>
>>9558723
I'm ordering my copy from Amazon.
>>
>>9558723
Bundle it together with an order from a shopping service so you can mark down the package to avoid customs.

Otherwise I'd be worried that an £8 magazine + £8 shipping or something would end up with you paying another £15 in tax just for that one item.
>>
>>9558768
I don't see it on amazon UK or Germany

>>9558789
I'm not worried about customs, but magazines like Melt tend to be really heavy.
>>
>>9558715
I'm in love. Now I know what I can do when I get too old and ugly for lolita.
>>
>>9558916
You don't have the right mindset to be a lolita now
>>
Not sure where to ask this, but I'd appreciate some opinions.
How do you feel about IG posts that have cute stickers/banners/borders on them? I want to start posting my coords, but I feel like more "serious" lolitas don't do that, but I really like how they look. I wouldn't use borders for FB posts, but probably keep the stickers to cover things in the background (since I live in a shoebox and don't have a readily available blank wall)
>>
>>9558715
why are the shoes of the interviewer so big
>>
File: m53462605653_1.jpg (42KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
m53462605653_1.jpg
42KB, 612x612px
Idk if this belongs in here, but could someone help me identify this bag?
I feel like I've tried any search term possible with lolibrary, but I would like to know the name and year it came out.
>>
>>9558105
Were there leftover collar JSKs? I mean, if it were all of them that's one thing but if it's specific colors just don't re-release those colors. And yeah that low waist JSK is a goddamn travesty.

>>9558749
I personally just love the cut for the collar JSK, and haven't been able to figure out what other dresses they've used it for. Are the older releases with that collar design (wonder party and wonder story are the only two I can think of off the top of my head) the same cut?
>>
File: 6732904749_f3b20b0ca4.jpg (141KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
6732904749_f3b20b0ca4.jpg
141KB, 500x375px
>>9558928

Looks like the one that came with the A La Carte lucky pack.

I think.
>>
>>9558890
It's on Amazon JP.
>>
>>9558936
Aaah, thank you so much! This explains why it's so cheap on mercari and why the quality is a little worse than my other AP bags. Thanks!!!!
>>
Aren't a lot of GLB still available to buy new? Someone on my comm's fb page is trying to sell them for 35 euro per volume.
>>
File: 1498141647193.png (243KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1498141647193.png
243KB, 382x417px
Have you ever felt confused about "your" lolita gulls? The meaning it has for you as well as the style itself?

I read some lolita related mangas lately and it always makes me want to wear some good old school gothic or simple sweet. But when I go online I suddenly feel like I wanna wear something more OTT, have more prints,...and I'm so confused about what I want.

I'm not even sure if I want my current ""dream dress"" (one of AP"s oldest sweet prints) anymore but it's so sweet and sometimes I look at it and think "It's so cute! Can't wait to find it" and other days I feel like it's "too" sweet and maybe I should just buy something else.

Sorry for the blogpost. Hope I'm not alone.
>>
>>9558986
Not sure about new but you can get them off places like Mercari for 400-700 yen a pop, even plus shipping and SS fee it'd probably come out to way less than 35 fucking euros.
>>
>>9558994
Me too. I get inspired by a lot of things, but mainly my childhood, gothic, and magazines. But one of the things I love about lolita is the flexibility. One day I can wear a solid dress with a maid headdress, the next day a frilly dress with fairy wings and the day after that I can go full gothic.
>>
>>9558986
I dunno about new ones still being sold but 35 euro? That's a joke.

25 usd for any volume in near mint condition is pretty high.

I wouldn't expect more than 10 euro for one with any missing stickers or patterns

This overpricing comes from someone thinking "wow a GLB, how Japanese and exotic" and overpays a mile for one, then tries to sell it off for no less than what they paid
>>
>>9559000
I've seen them on amazon for less than 400 yen but I don't know how to find out if the patterns or stickers are there
>>
>>9558994
I relate. I've been ogling food prints and really busy AP prints in bold colors, and then I think... what if that's not what I want? I feel like I'm missing the E and G of EGL, but then I'm not sure how well I could manage multiple styles.

It's terribly self conscious of me but when I like something and see someone else mention "ugh I hate that", I start to question if it's a good idea to wear it. I'm relatively new to the general world of fashion, in that the last 19 or so years of my life were spent in jeans and t shirt daily, so I don't trust my own taste.

I know I shouldn't care what others like, but I just don't want to look objectively shitty
>>
Speaking of magazines, does anyone have a favorite Kera or GLB volume?
>>
>>9558994
There are certainly moments when I want a dress because someone else made a really great coord, or because it looked cute as shit on Momoko. Having a hard rule of not going too far outside the wardrobe palette helps to curb a lot of otherwise crazy buys though.
>>
File: FFFSGHD.jpg (119KB, 736x1308px) Image search: [Google]
FFFSGHD.jpg
119KB, 736x1308px
>>9558994
Oh god, I've been feeling exactly like you do very recently. I'm just slowly figuring out all again what lolita is for me and what is my personal lolita style.
So far I've figured out that I do wanna wear lolita more often (like 2 or 3 times a week), so I should get more dresses that go well with dialy wear without it being normie. I'm also starting to fall in love with printless dresses and beautiful details. I'm starting to consider OTT as something that I would never wear and I adore oldschool street snaps. And also, I'm cleaning my sweet wardrove and finally getting into gothic, wich was always what I wated to get in, but sweet was just really eyecatching for a little bit. It's like a whole new door opened for me and now I'm really into goth stuff.

sage for blogposting lmao but I get you
>>
>>9559013
It's terribly self conscious of me but when I like something and see someone else mention "ugh I hate that", I start to question if it's a good idea
Oh my god are you me? I'm getting that less lately but sometimes I get that "oh god, w-what if it's not such a good idea?" feel. I've been wearing it for 2 years,then stopped because I had an identity crisis and sold everything (do i wanna be lolita? fairy kei? himekaji? androgynous???), figured my shit out two years ago and started wearing lolita again
>>
So innocent world is having another sale on the 14th, will it be the same shit just spaced out so they can sort out previous orders?
>>
>>9559015
36. My first one ever, introduced me to the dazzling world of Lolita.
>>
>>9559022
>There are certainly moments when I want a dress because someone else made a really great coord, or because it looked cute as shit on Momoko
Same anon god, I wanted Dreamy Macaron because I saw like two girls looking adorable in it but then I start to question "wait is it a good idea? It's kind of bright isn't it? But the JSK with a blouse underneath looks too childish I don't like looking childish, and...".
I always overthink in normal life but in lolita it's absolute hell.

Oh and sometimes I wonder if my coords are too boring (they're always simple, as in a dress,legwear,shoes,maybe some jewelry like bracelets or a necklace,one headress and mayybe a small hair accessory on the side... That's it) but if I wear OTT I feel like I look too costumey. There's no escape from this hell.
>>
>>9559037
>Oh and sometimes I wonder if my coords are too boring (they're always simple, as in a dress,legwear,shoes,maybe some jewelry like bracelets or a necklace,one headress and mayybe a small hair accessory on the side... That's it) but if I wear OTT I feel like I look too costumey. There's no escape from this hell.

Same anon. I feel exactly the same.
Don't worry though, you're fine, it's the OTT fad that makes perceptions of what is boring and what a fine coord is twisted. If anything OTT is costumey and I dare to say clowny.
>>
>>9559034
Seems like it. I submitted my order when the sale began on the 6th and haven't received my invoice yet (assuming I'll get one at all), they must be swamped.
>>
>>9558994
i'm constantly at odds with myself over whether or not i want more "pastel vomit" type sweet or more toned down sweet. there's a very clear division in my wardrobe because of this. i guess it's not a huge crisis or anything because i'm able to dress according to my mood this way, but it makes me question my purchases a lot. like, am i sure i want to buy this simple JSK when i haven't gotten milky planet yet? that kind of thing.

it doesn't help that i want to dip my toe into oldschool and gothic so every purchase i make for my regular wardrobe feels like a step away from that
>>
File: kinologo.png (4KB, 166x205px) Image search: [Google]
kinologo.png
4KB, 166x205px
Just placed my order for Melt from Kinokuniya 's online shop. They ship internationally and if the order is over $50 then the shipping is free.

Link to the Melt magazine on their site:
http://www.kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/eng/fbs003?common_param=9784800274380
>>
>>9558994
I know how you feel! After acquiring so many dream dresses, I feel like I am just a collector, even though I wear them fairly often.

>want to wear some good old school gothic or simple sweet. But when I go online I suddenly feel like I wanna wear something more OTT, have more prints
I mean, why not have both?
>>
>>9559013
>>9559024
Its so sad that you guys can't think for yourselves and you let others opinions influence what you want to own... that's your money you're spending, ya know?
>>
Can anyone tell what brand this dress is from?
>>
>>9558937
Oh thanks, but I don't think I can buy from there without creditcard
>>
>>9559013
>>9559022
>>9559023
>>9559108
Damn. I wonder if I'm one of the few that knows exactly what they want out of lolita... I never question if I want something sweet or something goth. Those are my two favorite styles so it's what I buy most of. I also enjoy substyles like military and sailor...

I just don't understand how you don't know what you want in a hobby that you supposedly love?
>>
>>9559126
Yeah, I know. I can think for myself, it's just that I'm "fragile uwu" and can get influenced a bit sometimes. I overthink a lot and am a very anxious person who can be sensitive at times (not the obnoxious "muh feelings!!" kind but you know.)
>>
LOLITA DRESS ON AUCTION ON GOODWILL

BTSB I FOUND IT TODAY WHILE LOOKING ON THERE.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Lolita-Style-Dress-Blue--Brown-Polka-Dot-Ruffles-41257888.html

THERES MORE BTW
>>
>>9559138
i'm >>9559108 and the issue isn't that i "don't know what i want" but that i want too many things, so i have to balance my purchases between them. i don't really see how that reflects upon how serious i am about lolita.
>>
>>9559142
This. Same here.
I wear lolita once every week and love it to bits but i'm confused because there are so many things I want,and when I'm in front of something I love a lot I ask myself "but do I REALLY want this?" to avoid impulse purchases then proceed to overthink most of the time.

Tbh if i was a millionaire 99% of my problems would be solved
>>
>>9559142
>>9559149
I am by no means rich, so I can't just buy all the things I want... however, when it comes to shopping on secondhand sites, and even the main brand sites... you can only buy what is available.

If I have money to spend, I just browse until something catches my eye. Do you guys only hunt for certain dresses? I've mostly acquired all my dream dresses so maybe that's the difference here.
>>
>>9559117
>They ship internationally and if the order is over $50 then the shipping is free.
What really? International shipping could be free too? This will save me a ton of money, thanks anon!
>>
>>9559126
In some ways it does safeguard me from making shitty purchases, though
>>
>>9559141
Link it all if it's decent prices.

Don't let them know we know
>>
>>9559130
I can only read mitsu by syrup! but the other text is too small. Do you have a better scan?
>>
>>9559162
it's not hard to find them there's only like 3 others and they all come up on the recommended when you click the link anon provided. do some work yourself.
>>
>>9559157
>however, when it comes to shopping on secondhand sites, and even the main brand sites... you can only buy what is available.

that's kind of the point. i'm only looking for specific dresses, but if i see something that catches my eye for a reasonable price i buy it. what does this have to do with the original issue though?
>>
>>9558994
Just...wear more than one style? Unless you're on an extremely tight budget it's totally doable if you plan well. I am extremely indecisive too, but one of the things I love about lolita and jfashion/alt fashion in general is that I can wear completely different looks from day to day. Like, if i want to look like a gothic doll or a Victorian young lady, I can. If I want to wear pants and look badass and punky, or sporty and active, I can do that too on other days. It requires money and storage space, since you end up having multiple bags and pairs of shoes in the same damn colour to fit different substyles (I find "match-everything" pairs tend to look ehh with most things), but it makes me extremely happy to have that much variety to pick from. I did stick to a strict-ish palette of 6 or so colours for my first three years in lolita, but this past year my colour palette's all over the place.

I constantly end up reorganizing my wishlist though. A few months ago I got really into bright retro colours and otome stylings, fruit prints, etc (which I'd never owned before) because summer was coming, but right now I'm rediscovering gothic. It means that parts of my wardrobe might go unworn for a while but as long as I'm not leaving stuff unworn for, like, a year, I consider it worth keeping it around for when I'm in the mood.

>>9559142
>>9559120
I get what you mean. Honestly, if I've learnt anything, it's that oldschool is *the hardest* to mix in with a modern wardrobe unless you wear gothic in both because virtually none of the pieces are interchangeable. Can't wear chiffon, can't wear tulle lace (except for some specific gothic pieces), legwear, bags, shoes and accessories are nearly all different. It's like having two completely different wardrobes.h. Whereas mixing sweet, classic and sweet-classic, say, is actually relatively easy to do and a lot of items can cross over.
>>
>>9559164
No need, it must be himitsu by Syrup (Rosemarie Seoir now). Thanks! I didn't know they were in GLB.
>>
>>9558929
If I remember correctly, there were still collar JSKs in stock for a couple of days after release. I think some colors did completely sell out immediately - brown and mocha. I think pink and bitter were in stock for some time. Someone with better memory please correct me.
>>
>>9559141
I wonder what happened with the owner.
>>
>>9559170
When you already have your dreamdresses you can just browse your frave brands and buy whatever catches your eye, without feeling bad you aren't spending the money on a specific dress
>>
>>9559179
ribbon berry bunny was for sale on the same website 2-3 days ago, which kind of gives me a bad feeling that the owner might be dead... i mean, i know ribbon berry bunny is ugly and everything, but giving away a new print so quickly?
>>
>>9559179
>>9559182
The descriptions says ''be great for a tasty Cosplay'' so it's def not being sold by a lolita.
Sad..
>>
>>9559182
yeah, I have that feeling too. or an evil mom gave their kid's stuff away.

I really hope the latter though.
>>
>>9559141
>great Bo Peep Cosplay
Sounds like they will have more of her wardrobe in the future so let's keep an eye out
>>
>>9559141
>tfw i lost two of the shoe auctions already

i hope whoever beat me both times was a gull
>>
>>9559141
>Oregon
>Look for more of our dresses!

Did someone in the Oregon comm die? These dresses look so old though..
>>
File: CelesGun.jpg (83KB, 523x445px) Image search: [Google]
CelesGun.jpg
83KB, 523x445px
>>9559162
>>9559179
>>9559189
>>9559190
>>9559207
I regret posting the links now because i thought they ended in seven days but they end in one.

hate to say it guys but the auctions get the prices jacked near the end by other bidders
>>
>>9559212
desu someone better call the Goodwill listed under the sellers info and make them a damn good lump sum offer for whatever they have left before they get posted.
>>
>>9559224
why?
>>
>>9559184
Anon, it's being sold by a goodwill in a hick town. Just be happy they called it a cosplay instead of adult baby fashion or something.
>>
File: style_ama13.jpg (330KB, 493x750px) Image search: [Google]
style_ama13.jpg
330KB, 493x750px
>>9558656
True, you have a point, the re-release design for those was hideous. What was the point of making it an apron print? The new sax color was really ugly.

Though to be fair, I dislike all of the milky planet designs but the lavender special set. I wish they released that design in yellow, I'd go into debt in a second for that.

Maybe they just need to change one thing- the design or colorway
>>
>>9559138
I'm the anon who mentioned Momoko. I have a set style, palette and look I love for sure and a lot of stuff I won't ever consider, I just allow myself some flexibility when something looks particularly well put together.

I know that my tastes have shifted over time, which is why I don't mind looking around and getting different influences here and there.
>>
>>9558082
That's pretty lame desu, like the main reason I buy Japanese magazines is to see Japanese coords instead of the Westen ones that are spammed everywhere online. I wish they would create English content. If Wunderwelt can do it why can't kera or melt?
>>
>>9559236
They did say more will be coming over the next few weeks, so, I'll buy some if the bid price doesnt go too high and the print isn't shit.
>>
>>9558919
I think someone who takes themselves seriously while in lolita is obnoxious. Even classic lolita stands way out from mainstream fashion and looks obviously different. If you want to use cute borders and stickers an shit go for it, do what makes you happy. If someone tries to give you shit for it tell them life isn't a dick and they shouldn't be taking it so fucking hard.
>>
>>9559141
I wonder how they knew what they had. I had no idea Goodwill was online
>>
Has anyone ever 'sniped' a dress from someone else? You see a deal being made between a buyer and seller for a dress you really want, then message the seller saying you'll pay xx amount more money for the dress than the original buyer. Kind of like an auction in real life. Is that appropriate to do? I've been tempted a lot on FB to say I'll pay more than what they're asking to outbid anyone, but I don't want to come off as some cunt waving around her money or something.
>>
>>9559459
i've done this a couple of times because i have no shame. it's a business transaction, and money is what counts. don't really care about feelings unless it's a friend who wants to buy it or something.
>>
>>9559459
I've done it. It's a dick move, but a money is money. If I was the seller, the least I'd do is ask the original buyer if they would pay more though. Although that would probably sound very scammy.
>>
>>9558739
Hey anon, if you're still around, here's a very rough translation:

[Lolita and gothic at Utsunomiya!] At Utsunomiya, enjoy delicious tea while listening to a story about fairies having a tea party, as well as a fairy dress minishow. [Are other brands okay?->] Details published at melt @melt_mag_japan. Held on 9/2
>>
Which would you wear or like for a courthouse wedding:

A sweet or classic dress lolita a la mode style

A simple classic coord in white or cream

Golden era OTT sweet

At first I thought classic, especially in cream, but now I'm thinking IDGAF about tradition, I'd like to wear a fun sweet coord, too
>>
>>9559522
Are you the one getting married? If not you need to ask the bride what you should wear.
>>
How do you get dirt stains out of tights?

I'm mad because a bit got on the bottom of the foot of one of my AP tights. I have no idea how it happened, I only wear tights in my shoes and slippers in the house so they don't touch the floor.
>>
>>9559459
I think it's fine to do it once or twice, but if you make a habit of it word might get around or you might get a bad reputation. Then at that point it's up to you whether you care or not.
>>
So is Photobucket holding everyone's photos hostage now? Is that a thing now?
>>
>>9559522
T b h wearing OTT sweet or lolita that isnt toned down in general art a wedding is attention whoring and rude. It's supposed to be the bride's big day she's the one supposed to get attention not you. So just wear something casual that doesnt stand out too much anon!
>>
>>9559539
Yep. That's a thing. I heard about it on another forum. My content isn't locked yet, but a lot of people have said their images are all placeholder images with "you need to pay us!"

I had a premium account years and years ago when LJ was still active, for the extra bandwidth, so maybe that's how I got around it, but I haven't paid for that in years. I'm in the process of downloading the stuff I don't have saved as I type this, actually.
>>
>>9559524
>>9559549
If she's talking about saying fuck tradition in regards to white or cream dresses, I'm pretty sure she's the bride in question...
>>
>>9559549
*at

>>9559539
Yeah what's happening? I was looking through old daily lolita pics and noticed that. You can still see them by clicking on it, thank god, but what the fuck?
>>
>>9559531
i just soak the feet of everything in oxyclean, haven't had any issues

if you're worried about color maybe test oxyclean on the crotch or anywhere on the upper area of the tights where it won't be seen

>>9559539
yup, they've realized they're obsolete and holding photos hostage as a result. RIP all of the old blogs that hosted everything on photobucket
>>
>>9559555
Well in that case she can go as wild as she wants! Maybe some OTT sweet in white and pink? Like majorly white with accents of pink or different pastels.
>>
>>9559551
wtf that's so fucking shitty of them fuck them for doing that
>>
>>9559564
It is, but it's basically what >>9559558 said

They know everybody uses Facebook or Flickr or Tumblr or Imgur or basically any other photo hosting site these days, and are trying to make a buck. Gone are the days when they had sponsorship and ads from forums.
>>
File: 1290228657469.jpg (31KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1290228657469.jpg
31KB, 615x456px
Why do I see so many people recommending chiffon for hot weather? Most chiffon is made out of polyester and I'm sure as shit not going to wear silk chiffon if I know I'm going to be sweating. A breathable natural fiber is going to be much cooler in hot weather, even if the fabric is "heavier."
>>
>>9559695
Depends on the chiffon. Good chiffon breathes.
>>
>>9559551
>>9559557
>>9559558
>>9559564
>>9559567
It's for Net Neutrality. Theyre doing that to make you notice that if net neutrality ends, you might have to pay for your web content in pieces.

You all should read up, this is international news.
>>
>>9559736
sauce? i want to believe photobucket is pulling an aptly-timed ruse cruise but i can also believe that an obsolete image sharing service would start charging like this

if it's just supposed to be a "common sense" thing then it's a dumb move on photobucket's part, considering all of the bad press
>>
>>9559522
I'm personally wearing one of my white-based classic dresses to my own wedding. It will be a courthouse wedding with a very small high tea afterwards so I can't be bothered spending a lot of money on a wedding dress I'll only wear once, that will only be seen by my parents and closest friends anyway.
>>
>>9559736
>>9559738
Also requesting sauce. The hits I'm getting are people on reddit claiming that's what they're doing, but no official media coverage other than "this will hurt small retailers", and no statement from Photobucket.

Agreed on the bad press, as well. This sort of move only works if you make people aware of why you're doing it in short order. This has been going for at least a week.
>>
>>9559810
>>9559738
>>9559736

Actually that would explain why my photobucket is still untouched. My images on old lj entries are still intact even viewed through incognito window. Probably somewhere in the user data they noticed that I'm not American, I guess? If some other non American anons can chime in and confirm this it'd be great.
>>
>>9559303
I believe the Helsinki event from February, Looking for Alice, will also be in it, or so I've heard.
>>
I need some advice please. I'm trying to get better at photography, nothing crazy that involves a lot of tools though! It's mainly for lolita purposes. I'd like to start taking photos of people's coordinates at meets as a way to practice. But not everyone who attends are always on good terms with me. Despite that, I would hate for them to feel left out while I take everyone else's coord shots. But at the same time I'm scared they won't be mature about it if I were to ask. What would you do?
>>
>>9559814
non of my photobucket pictures have disapeared or are unviewable either.

the whole internet neurality debate sounds so strange to me as an European. I thought that all over the world the internet was 'free'. ofcourse you pay the bills for an internet connection, but why would you pay any other fees?
>>
>>9559023
Where does that top collar part come from? That's beautiful.
>>
>>9559883
Start by offering coord shots to a few of the people you get along with, then offer to take pics of the others too. If you start with someone you have an unpleasant history with it could be seen as weird and out of the blue but if you frame it as "hey, I'm taking everyone's picture, you in?" then the way they respond is on them. As long as you're mature about it, immaturity on their part won't reflect badly on you.
>>
>>9559695
fucking same lmao. CHIFFON IS A FABRIC TYPE, NOT A MATERIAL. SILK CHIFFON IS NOT THE SAME AS THE POLYESTER CHIFFON YOUR DUMB ASS IS WEARING FROM AP. POLYESTER DOESN'T BREATHE.

>>9559522
girl if it's your wedding go nuts, especially if it's just a courthouse wedding - most people show up to those in barely a dress, let alone a wedding dress. And good on you for going the courthouse route btw - I've had it both ways and the courthouse was by far the better choice. The no-expense-spared cathedral wedding was a fucking nightmare and the worst day of my life to date (marriage also didn't last, lol).
>>
Is there any way to archive old LJ comms in one bulk download? I tried all the tools I could find but none of them work for me.
>>
>>9559695
People assume it's light without actually trying it, also some of the sheerer chiffons do have an open enough weave/whatever for you to catch a breeze.

>>9559814
I'm in the UK and I got the threatening emails from Photobucket but when I checked my old wardrobe post the pics worked fine, unlike old EGL entries and pics on Google Images I've been looking at.
>>
>>9559459
>>9559466
>>9559470
Really cunty. I would tell you so if you did that with my sale and I would think about putting you on my list of people I don't sell to.
>>
>>9559516
Thanks. I was hoping there would be fairies in the magazine. Sounds like a cute idea for an event anyway.
>>
>>9559883
I would ask on the event page if anyone wants you to take their coord picture.
I hate meets like that tho.
>>
Bought new old school type shoes from thrift shop and it only says ロリータ on bottom. Any idea where they could be from? China?
>>
Did Bodyline get hacked? I noticed the URL changed and I kept getting warnings that there was a virus.
>>
>>9559549
I'm the one getting married, retard. Who wears white to someone else's wedding?
>>
>>9560108
What do they look like? Pics?
>>
File: dalek.gif (338KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
dalek.gif
338KB, 500x360px
>>9560113
I hope so
>>
>>9559968
chill
>>
>>9560113

http://ec2-52-53-250-232.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/en/shoes244.html

Bodyline just randomly came out with new shoes? The heck is going on?
>>
>>9559889
Because Internet companies are fucking greedy
>>
File: tumblr_ohnrt9y5jA1qjj1ako2_540.jpg (115KB, 513x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohnrt9y5jA1qjj1ako2_540.jpg
115KB, 513x810px
Does anybody have good recomendations for good gothic youtubers and blogs? No HB please.
>>
>>9560171
>wanting to maximise profits is greedy
Do you give away your stuff for free too, anon?
>>
File: IMG_7954.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7954.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>9560120
>>
>>9560108
I have a pair of platform mary janes by this brand I found in a thrift shop, too. I've always wondered about them.
>>
>>9560184

Nice bait. I pay my bills but I have difficulty feeling pity for monopoly giants, lobbyists, and the greedy politicians they have in their pockets. Sorry not sorry.
>>
>>9560184
Do you even know what net neutrality is? I'm assuming no since you left this asinine comment.
>>
>>9558602
I just bought this skirt on Y!j for about $55
>>
>>9559141
mfw my dream dress is in one of the auctions
>>
>>9560277
which one is it? i'm planning on bidding on some but i won't bid on your dream dress
>>
>>9560108
I believe it's a Chinese Taobao brand, I have a pair of boots from them. I used to have the link a to what I think is their taobao shop, but I don't have it anymore.
>>
I realize this is a super dumb question, but does anyone have a source for simple bow headbands? I'm looking for something about $10-$15 shipped (to the US) in a variety of colors. I know I could get them from Taobao but I don't really have anything else I want to order right and it'd be silly to ship something so cheap by itself.
>>
File: akes.jpg (105KB, 484x645px) Image search: [Google]
akes.jpg
105KB, 484x645px
Has this been posted yet? The Cakes & Couture dress is being sold on LM.

https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/ooak-cakes-and-couture-jsk-by-haenuli

I'm... tempted. Just for the irl shitposting value.
>>
>>9560277
>>9560284

Yeah, please say. I accidentally bought dream dresses before. There isn't anything that I particularly need, so please say which auction is your DD so I can avoid it!
>>
>>9560167
pics? don't want to click in case they've had a malware injection again.
>>
>>9560301
Pretty greedy to sell something you won for free for $200.

Even $100 I can understand, but $200?
>>
>>9559539
I read in a (german) blog that Photobucket now wants you to pay 400$ a year for showing your pictures on third party websites (however uploading your pictures there is still free)
>>
>>9560301
>since decided that it is not a style that I would realistically wear.

Translation: it's fucken ugly.
>>
>>9559736
>>9559738
>>9559738
>>9559810
The photobucket thing and the net neutrality thing are two seperate issues.

Photobucket is holding pictures for ransom and forcing people to make premium accounts to see them again.
Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40492668
>>
File: shoes244-1.jpg (64KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
shoes244-1.jpg
64KB, 700x700px
>>9560310
The website picture also shows them in pink, gold, black etc but their Rakuten only has them in white for like 300 yen.
>>
>>9560334
Holy shit, $400 a month. I expected it to be a $15 premium or something and was even considering paying it for wardrobe post season, what the fuck.
>>
>>9560338
So they're just reselling random Chinese shit now? Those don't even have the Bodyline logo.
>>
>>9560300
I've gotten quite a few from SweetAppleBoutique on Etsy.
>>
>>9560334
Holy fuck 400$ a month? While holding people's pictures hostage? Is that even fucking legal? Holy shit. Why did they do that?

What is net neutrality anyway?
>>
>>9560365
Net neutrality is basically the concept that you pay for the internet and get ALL the internet for one cost. Companies want to make it legal to make the internet like TV packages. You have to pay more for access to certain websites or for a certain speed of connection. They can make it so unless you pay $$ you can't access places like Netflix or Youtube with fast internet or at all.
>>
>>9560366
Oh I see! Thanks.
That's fucking ridiculous. We pay enough as it is.People are getting more and more money hungry and it ruins everything.
>>
>>9560360
Thank you! Precisely what I'm looking for.
>>
>>9560116
Stop whoring for attention at your wedding, anon.
>>
>>9560301
>>9560313
>>9560331
Didn't the girl who won it first pass on it because it wouldn't fit her, only for #2 to accept it even though she was also clearly obese and it wouldn't fit her either? She must have been planning to sell it on from the beginning. I mean sure it's her dress, but that's kinda tacky.
>>
>>9560377
Pretty shitty. I also remember the winners were mostly friends of the host, and were given extra raffle tickets. So much bad juju for one dress.....
>>
>>9560350
>>9560365
$400 a year not month but still crazy
>>
>>9559889
>why would you pay any other fees?
because companies lobby politicians to persuade their voters that paying extra fees is better than government oversight.

i fucking hate my fellow Americans for being so stupid about this.
>>
>>9560419
glad I don't live there. it sounds like a shithole.
>>
>>9560423
at least we don't have to pay customs
>>
>>9560427
true, customs suck, but not being able to acces your favourite websites in the future suck even more.
>>
>>9560427
That's really the only thing going for us right now. No customs.
>>
>>9560432
>>9560433
i know, i'm trying to make myself feel better
>>
>>9560442
But aren't customs probably the next thing in Trump's list? Atleas it would make total sense with his "America first" thing. Not saying EU isn't a total wreck for people living in the countries that are not quite the European norm.
>>
>>9560366
That sounds better than being forced to sell my personal info
>>
http://girlschannel.net/topics/3604/
Was reading this thread (with google translate and my basic moonrune skills) and I just realized they're just as rude and catty as /cgl/ can be sometimes.
I thought some of the models used were kinda cute and the "group" image was kinda popular on old blogs about lolita though?
>tfw in another thread some of them said it only looked good on foreign girls
>tfw one said "foreigners are always well dressed as i thought" by posting a shinku cosplay worn by a cute,small blonde girl

Also isn't pic related the girl from "Call Maki and Asuka, someone is being mean to loli-chan"
>>
>>9560503
most people on gc arent even girls
>>
>>9560504
Lol seriously?
I wish I could read and understand japanese better, they actually have some interesting threads.
>>
>>9560503
>>9560504
Yeah, look at the comments, it's obvious a lot of them aren't lolitas from the questions they're asking and a comments they're making. The article the girlschannel thread linked to didn't have pretty much any lolita commenters, there were a bunch of people shitting on lolita in general and saying it was for people with personality disorders.

I liked this comment the best:
>I think that it is the image of the Japanese from a foreign country. . .
>It seems that there is still a samurai.
I think they were saying that it was showing an outdated lolita style and foreigners always show old trends?
>>
File: girlscnale.png (27KB, 862x768px) Image search: [Google]
girlscnale.png
27KB, 862x768px
>>9560503
>>9560504
Look at pic related, the people commenting aren't lolitas.
>>
>>9560518
>>9560521
Nobody is claiming they're lolitas
>>
>>9560522
OP seemed to imply they thought they were by comparing them to us here on CGL, where in lolita threads we are assumed to be lolitas.
>>
>>9560525
I don't think most people are lolitas here
>>
>>9560532
Hence why I said "assumed to be".
>>
>>9560518
Thread's from 2013, OTT sweet wasn't outdated yet.
>>
>>9560525
oh okay, but I know that place and I know they aren't lolitas, I just don't think the majority are girls either
>>
>>9560277
me too man
>>
>>9560284
>>9560302
ntayrt but I'm guessing it's the two oldschool sax dresses (Hawase Doll and the Cinderella OP, one of them NWT), which can go for quite a lot, although it could be the printed Baby pieces
>>
Photobucket has nothing to do with net neutrality. Go to their website. They dont mention it.
>>9559736
Net neutrality is tmobile cant give you edge speed to access orange mobile. Its att not pulling up netflixs cause it eats to much data.
>>9559889
Nope. America started the internet. In order to get on you needed 1. Computer 2. Telephone 3. Isp 4. Ability to dial number. 5. Modem(in computer normally) my new laptop doesnt even have an internal one to save money. 6. Usenet or the like.
Thats 3 bills. Now all you need is 1. When I first started I needed 2. Now im back to 2 cause I want privacy. I believe I will be at 3 if net neutrality goes through.
You central european people got to by pass a lot but you internet is fragile and easy to cut off. In america its almost impossible to cut everyone off.
>>9560171
This is it. Also to mimimize bad press. The throttle started with napster and went crazy with netflix.
>>9560184
Go back pol. Whuch will get shut down if net neutrality goes into effect. Dummy.
>>
Does Grimoire still come out with Verum tights?
>>
What's the best type of hanger to use for JSKs/OPs? I heard most prefer wooden ones
>>
When's the best time to start selling old Halloween prints? Are you already looking for a Halloween dress, or are you waiting to see what the brands bring out before deciding on an old print vs a new one?
>>
>>9560592
I'd definitely buy one now. You can definitely jack up the price closer to October though.
>>
>>9560589
I use thin velour hangers but have used padded and wooden ones in the past. I thought they would create a crease in my dresses but it's been like 2 years and no difference
>>
>>9560592
I'd buy one now too
>>
>>9560589
I wouldn't use wire hangers but I honestly just use standard plastic hangers for most things with no ill effects. I use wide plastic hangers/padded/wooden hangers for things like coats, some velveteen pieces, and sometimes things with shirred straps (which are a bitch to hang in general).
>>
more posted today
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Tea-Party-w-Lolita-Dresses-Jewelry-Dishes--More-41451752.html

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Two-Lolita-Dresses-Light-Purple-Poodle--Bows-41452381.html

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Two-Lolita-Dresses-Purple-Princess--Music-Theme-41452104.html
>>
>>9560576
>America started the internet
Who is Tim Berners Lee then?

>Europe's internet is fragile and easy to cut off
Maybe in poorfag countries, the wealthier ones are stronger

Sage for OT
>>
>>9560503
>it's probably bad to come out and say it, but ugly people should quit lolita
>aren't these just normies from comiket?
>fatties love pink house, it hides their shape
Whoa, it really is like /cgl/.
>>
>>9560612
Ikr? Also is ryaju the japanese equivalent of normie to us?
>>
Is Truly Darling Boutique's quality really as bad as the FB post said from last week's shitstorm?
>>
File: 27125181385325hk.jpg (85KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
27125181385325hk.jpg
85KB, 600x450px
>>9560608
Unless those are random accessories added in from other donations, this really looks like a girl's entire room has been cleared out in a house clearance or something, much more than just someone vindictive donating her dresses. Jesus, I hope she isn't dead.
>>
>>9560652
>that leur getter dress
>that iw dress
I really like whoever this was' taste
>>
If anyone wins an auction for dead-lita's stuff, please post pics when you get it. It's just all so surreal...
>>
>>9560503
Halfway down the thread someone linked this fashion show with a sarky comment:
https://youtu.be/gg-f8isipyA?t=6m2s
>2017
>not having a literal, quivering small dog as an handbag accessory
>>
>>9560652
>>9560688
idk how i'd feel about owning dresses directly from a dead girl, which this seemingly is. would feel so weird.
>>
>>9560602
>Shirred straps
The what now
>>
>>9560688
>>9560747
>Haunted burando
>>
>>9560748
Pic related, the elastic can stretch out from the weight of the dress pulling it down if they're hung improperly.
>>
>>9560602
>>9560772
I use skirt hangers for these. I've received several dresses where I had to replace the shoulder elastic because it had gotten stretched to oblivion.
>>
>>9560602
I just fold my dresses over at the waist for things with shirred straps or hang them with a skirt hanger
>>
>>9560652
Do you guys remember that one anon who popped on here asking about how to deal with her wardrobe because she had a terminal illness? I'm sort of wondering if it's her...
>>
Have brands released photos of their Halloween/Fall releases yet? Sorry I'm not in any of the Facebook groups or anything.
>>
File: 1497374515726.gif (880KB, 305x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497374515726.gif
880KB, 305x320px
>>9560803
I really hope that isn't the case
>>
>>9560626
I think riajuu supposedly is, yeah - I've never heard it said irl but I guess that's the point? The word I (loosely) translated as normie was 'ippanjin,' though.
>>
>>9560805
AP kinda sorta did. It's just a beret with a bat wing.
>>
>>9560747
>>9560751
I think she wouldn't mind another lolita getting her stuff. Better than some yucky rando
>>
How do you guys get your face to not look entirely void of emotion in photos? I can't/don't want to fake a smile but at the same time my face without a fake smile is about as expressive as a brick wall.

It's not RBF either, I just look dead inside.
>>
>>9560846
smeyes like tyra banks said. you gotta make your eyes look like you're smiling, even if your expression is neutral
>>
>>9560846
I just listen to something funny right beforehand. Even if I don't want a picture smiling it makes my face more genuinely expressive immediately after.
>>
>>9560871
my eyes are super dark and big plus reflect light easily so whenever I try and smile with them I look like a psycho.

It's like there's no winning. I should switch from sweet to gothic.

>>9560879
I'll try that, thanks.
>>
>>9560844
Phew, anons. Whoever outbid me on the blue and brown lot deserves it. That was rough.
>>
>>9560498
how is that even related? without net neutrality, ISPs can charge you for whatever they want and block whatever content they want. imagine if your ISP gets a deal with Bing and they throttle Google access so Google Translate doesn't work for you anymore, in order to try to force you to use Bing.

none of this has to do with selling your personal info. without net neutrality, the internet becomes like cable TV. except you have nowhere to go to download the shows you don't pay a premium package for.
>>
>>9560277
Was it pastoral? I paid 300 fucking dollars for that in a colorway I didn't even like because it never shows up. I should have reserved it
>>
>>9560374
That makes no sense, how can you attention whore at your own wedding? You're already going to get a lot of attention for getting married regardless of what kind of poofy dress you wear
>>
File: HOLY LANTERN.gif (1MB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY LANTERN.gif
1MB, 498x278px
Who else got the email from AP?
>>
>>9561035
what email?
>>
>>9561036
Holy Lantern and Misty Sky preorder. Again.
http://www.angelicpretty-usa.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=331
>>
>>9561035
tell us anon
>>
>>9560884
it's about the shape of the eye you get by squinting a little and letting your cheek apples rise a bit. think of something saucy, or try tilting your head to the side so you catch light on your face. I like to try and embody charming, fancy ladies in old portraits. photos always come out best when I'm putting on a kind of confident air.

you could go another route and try some uguu~~ faces just to lighten the mood. the subsequent pics, and even some of the silly pouty kawaiidesu ones might end up looking cuter than you thought
>>
>>9560836
and the rest is blurred out like a bad JAV
>>
>>9561040
>>
>>9561033
Anon was being sarcastic.
>>
>>9561040
I'm not surprised about Holy Lantern since Halloween is a couple months away but Misty Sky again??
>>
>>9561040
I'm always grateful when they do a MTO for HL so I can stock up on the hair clips, they're so versatile. I probably have like 20 different hair clips from HL releases laying about
>>
>>9561080
t b h I wish I ordered the pink zipper cut jsk when it was released and it never got rereleased
>>
>>9560871
Smizing is the opposite of what lolitas do though, they nearly always open their eyes wider. You could feign shock or surprise when doing that but it can come off a bit twee.
>>
>>9560773
I mostly just have a wardrobe so full the pressure of the other dresses on either side holds it up. I've had bad experiences with skirt hangers leaving marks in material that has put me of using them, especially for things with a pile like velvet.

>>9561040
When will it end?
>>
>>9561040
*SLAMS FISTS ON TABLE*
MELTY RIBBON! MELTY RIBBON! MELTY RIBBON! HONEY CAKE! HONEY CAKE!
>>
>>9560751
>>9560747
Could someone call this Goodwill and find out? I don't live in the US but damn I'm so curious. Is she dead? Is it a vindictive parent/spouse?
>>
>>9561087
Twee, or like someone strapped a bomb to your family and is forcing you to post to COF at gunpoint like that Last Week Lolita News girl.
>>
>>9559459
It's a dick move if there's already on obvious deal being worked out between that seller and buyer. I have swooped in and bought items when I've seen people comment on stuff and ask like "oh can you do X price?" "can you do payment plans?" when its an item I really want or have been looking for. I feel kinda bad but at that point it's not like an actual transaction was being worked out so I don't feel *too* bad.
>>
>>9560574
>>9560284
>>9560302
yeah its hawase doll. on the very very off chance some the other anon wants the Cinderella OP i'd happily split the lot if one of us wins
>>
>>9560846
>look entirely void of emotion in photos
Goals
>>
>>9560896
The Internet is not free currently, you are selling your privacy to unknown forces
>>
>>9561090
>bad experiences with skirt hangers leaving marks in material
A bit of padding on the clamps (I usually use a bit of scrap fun foam; IW hangers come with a bit of soft foam and I just add some paper towel to prevent it falling apart) can help with that. My closet is also pretty full, but one half has double-rails, which is where I put short items like skirts, blouses, etc. and the dresses I hang that way juuuuust barely fit.
>>
File: IMG_0448.jpg (244KB, 720x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0448.jpg
244KB, 720x1500px
>My longest yeah boi
>>
>>9560844
I agree, anon. Whether my wardrobe ended up at goodwill because I passed away or if I was way younger and my parents donated it against my will, either way I know I'd prefer it going to a lolita than to some normie.
>>
>>9561124
Wtf, I was the one who posted that original comment, why are you pretending to be me

It was pastoral, but I realized it was the wrong cut so I didn't reply.
>>
>>9561175
I got excited for a second. I wish MM would release more than 2 things a year ;_;
>>
>>9561040
Shit, now I'm debating buying the black x black and selling my lavender one. I'm angry they didn't release this colourway when I ordered.
>>
>>9561084

Wait, do they release the pleather bat clips with the MTO as well? I'd totally buy those in every colour.

(When you said 20 different hair clips I was like "but there's only 6 colours and maybe two styles" and then I remembered some people buy two for twintails. But I figured I'd ask if they do re-release the pleather bat clips anyway).
>>
>>9561086
will it be rereleased this time? hoping you get it, anon!
>>
Why is bodyline having these weird amazone link names on their site? Is it safe?
>>
>>9561369
bodyline is never save. someone, somewhere, is hurt by bodyline right now.
>>
I ordered the milk kawaii fashion book from Amazon jp, only to realise that it's £1 into customs territory... do any uk anons know whether customs will hit me?
>>
>>9561392
Customs is always a gamble. I've had things that are like fifty cents over that got hit, but an Innocent World jsk I bought, declared at 9000 yen, somehow made it through without them realising to tax it.
>>
>>9561392
I think the value will be in yen and they will take into consideration that the exchange rate may have been different when you ordered. How much did you have to pay in total?
>>
>>9561040
Kinda sad I missed the sailor op last time
>>
I wonder how European bookshops and lolita shops come up with the price for magazines. I assume they can buy it for a retail price, which means the magazines should only be 20-25% more expensive than in Japan. But I always see them (GLB, Kera, Eternita) for 25-30 euro. I happily pay taxes but I don't understand the rest of the difference.
>>
>>9561429
you should also factor in shipping next to taxes and the shop probably also wants to make a bit of a profit. then you come easily to 25-30 euros a piece.

personally I would only buy GLBs and the like when it's a rare piece or if I want to buy a lot at the same time and don't feel like dealing with customs
>>
speaking of Melt, anyone know wether there are patterns?
>>
>>9560640
No, I've bought from them before and they were fine.
>>
>>9561441
The profit should already be there because they bought it at a retail price, meaning much less than what you would pay for on amazon.
>>
Meta's Teddy Motors Jumpsuit is up for auction on LM for $150 https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/rare-teddy-motors-jumpsuit-pink
>>
>>9560652
It looks more like goodwill got smart and noticed the Lolita dresses were getting lots of bids so they decided to lump in a bunch of unrelated shit just to get rid of it. Did not get a "dead girl" vibe, I would expect more weeaboo and Jfash things rather than leftovers from an estate sale.
>>
>>9560803
>Today in cgl overreacting
>>
>>9561100
Goodwill won't know since they get such a high volume of anonymous donations, and even if they did they wouldn't tell us because of privacy.
>>
>>9561396
Damn.... sometimes I get hit even if I mark down because the package is so big. Shitty thing is, I'll have to pay RM a handling fee so it will be another £10 on top

>>9561429
That's what I was thinking of doing- waiting for a bookshop to buy this, but apart from forbidden planet, I've not seen any other bookshop sell foreign magazines

>>9561444
I thought I would chance it for this same reason

>>9561397
¥2360- £16.80
>>
>>9561175
Why is this in Chinese?
>>
Did any of you buy Eternita? I heard that did have patterns but I didn't buy it because it looks classic oriented
>>
>>9561141
Which will still happen afterwards only worse.
>>
>>9561489
if I remember correctly, the patterns were more for jewelry and small stuff, nothing worth mentioning
>>
>>9561180
More than one person said they had a dd.

All said I'm not into the "oogabooga dead people" fascination but I do think it's interesting when Lolita brand ends up in places like this. It's not cheap and that is quite a few dresses.
>>
>>9560094
>caring about feefees over money during a sale
Okie dokie
>>
>>9560609
Www is diferent then internet. Internet started out as an american information project. Then internet has been around since the '40s. The internet is scary bl made it fun. Also, he worked for a comoany so its not like he did everything by himself.
>>
>>9561507
>caring about human feelings ever
psychopath are the master race
>>
>>9561488
>Coz the release is in China
Translation: In-shop reservation(?) in Guangzhou (Hong Kong) on the 28-29th July.
>>
>>9561491
Remember from where? Do you have it or not?
>>
>>9561543
I didn't think this was real?
>>
>>9561392
You'll be fine, when you order from Amazon JP you pay the customs up front and they sort it out for you. I wish more places did that. Sometimes you get a refund on the tax too.
>>
>>9560301
is that a skater dress? or just made for really fat people?
>>
>>9561568
That's lovely, especially considering EMS charges 17 euro for it.
>>
>>9561589
Exactly! I don't mind paying the taxes, but that admin fee is ridiculous
>>
Does anyone use the Discloset app? I'm trying to get into it but it looks like you can't upload pictures from your phone, instead you have to take them with the app. Which is super annoying because I just spent an hour taking nice photos of some of my items and carefully cropping them and adjusting the contrast, with a different app. Goddamn.
>>
>>9561175

What does it say?
>>
Anyone else still secretly inspired by "manga lolita"? With all the ruffles,frills,...
I've been in lolita since 4 years, own only brand main pieces (all old school),... but things like pic related have always been my main inspiration
>>
>>9561621
Not really, no.
>>
>>9561621
Not at all, I'm not even a weeb.
>>
>>9561612
upload your pics to amino. the amino really needs some more actual good lolitas
>>
>>9561621
I've never read a manga in my life so.. No. If cosplay lolita is anything to go by, manga and anime characters are ita as fuck.
>>
Have you ever received an item brand new with a small imperfection?

One of my items from the AP sale has a bit of discoloration on the satin ribbon. It probably happened in manufacturing. Obviously, I don't want to cause a stink about it, as I used a shopping service and all.

I was hoping though, that someone can give me advice on how to remove stains from satin ribbon? It's in a very unnoticeable place anyway.
>>
>>9561621
Depends on what it looks like. Most of it is pretty ita though, including what you posted.
>>
>>9561630
But I like the coording aspect of Discloset. Putting everything on Amino would just be like another wardrobe album off FB and I don't really see the point of that.
>>
>>9561633
Most of it is pretty ita yeah. But it's so ruffle/lace/design... centered, with no print (or something like tartan/stripes if anything) . That's what I meant.
>>
>>9561632
They should have kept it for a sample sale or lucky packs
>>
>>9561544
No, I don't have it, but it was discussed on /cgl/ when it came out
>>
>>9561621
By gothic lolitas, sure! I never like anime sweet lolitas even though I wear sweet, too.
>>
File: melt00.jpg (63KB, 354x499px) Image search: [Google]
melt00.jpg
63KB, 354x499px
English article talking about the new melt with links to the amazon jp page and the kinokuniya page:

http://sugoithreads.com/2017/07/14/melt-magazine-ready-order/
>>
>>9561671
I wonder why this magazine already feels more popular than Eternita lol, sad
>>
File: IMG_7996.jpg (63KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7996.jpg
63KB, 500x706px
>>9561668
>>
File: IMG_2757.jpg (83KB, 684x828px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2757.jpg
83KB, 684x828px
>>9561676
>>
>>9561675
I think it's their marketing strategy feels very "inclusive" (and I mean that in the most pre-tumblr way). They're reaching out to Kawaii Pateen, they're getting RinRin in on it and they're letting social media personalities then produce content on it. In the past I've felt like other things, like GLB, were more self-contained. Where is seems like it wants to be a gathering point for a lot of different potential contributors.
>>
File: IMG_7999.jpg (59KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7999.jpg
59KB, 724x1024px
>>9561681
>>
File: IMG_7998.jpg (149KB, 736x1059px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7998.jpg
149KB, 736x1059px
>>9561696
Fantasista Dolls had a lot of experimental lolita
>>
>>9561681
>>9561696
Please stop
>>
File: IMG_7997.jpg (66KB, 410x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7997.jpg
66KB, 410x514px
>>9561699
>>
File: tumblr_n8iuovgrRe1slqcxko1_500.png (309KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8iuovgrRe1slqcxko1_500.png
309KB, 500x284px
>>9561675
Because Eternita felt like it was going to be another Larme and a lot of people weren't sure how much lolita content there'd even be in it.

>>9561676
This is kinda cute. I really hate lolitas in anime in general desu, including pretty much all the rest you posted, although I have a soft spot for Stocking.
>>
>>9561612
>>9561639
I just checked it out and wow it's 100% normie. I have found literally 1 weeb user and she's ita as fuck. I'm tempted to flood it with pics of glorious burando but idk if that will trigger the normies too much. Seeing other people make co-ords with my items sounds fun even though it will probably result in a lot of ita shit.
>>
>>9561568
Woah! Thanks anon, I didn't know that
>>
>>9561681
This is some otahime garbage.
>>
>>9561040
Literally W H O still wants those and hasn't got them yet????? I almost considered buying them a few runs ago but they're meme tier at this point
>>
>>9561175
10 years too late lol I would have loved this but I'm over that style now. Wonder if they will start releasing slightly different cuts like a corset lacing version. Then I could actually buy it now that I'm not 16 and ana-chan
>>
>>9561742
really cheap anon who wants pink zip cut HL and hasn't gotten it yet here, hoping to maybe finally get it this time

is this an US only MTO or is there a JP one as well? JP would be cheaper for me, but I've only seen this announced through US channels?
>>
>>9561369
What do you think? The answer is no, it's not if it wasn't obvious.
>>
>>9561180
Yeah I was the other anon, I didn't mean to be confusing sorry
>>
>>9561632
Yep, it's pretty typical with AP. It happens with things bought brand new, be grateful yours was at least on sale.
>>
>>9561675
Because hardly anyone has learned Chinese in this fashion. It's more likely to learn Japanese if only the foreign word alphabet.
>>
>>9561910
Do you have proof of this or are you just trying to start shit
>>
>NEW GENERAL
>>9562525
>>
>>9562528
Use the catalog
>>9561697
>>
>>9558602
Hi! Im really after that whole set! Do you have a throwaway so we can discuss payment/pricing?
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.