[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay/Lolita-focused Youtubers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 5

Any cosplay or J-fashion-centric Youtube creators that you follow, admire, or find cringey?

I want to start making videos in and about cosplay on Youtube (I've technically already started) and want to see what other people find enjoyable or annoying.
>>
Are there any youtubers that update fairly frequently? I'm bored to death waiting for new content.
>>
kayhettin elysiam is cringe af and the guy is apparently a rapist

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ4ummpPkTbHhkKpzcWha5w
>>
>>9561039
Kawaii pateen and tokyo fashion upload multiple times a week!
>>
>>9561039
doesn't LWLN post every week? not sure if that's frequent enough for you
>>
I like Misako, Amy Tasukada because she likes the same brands as me, and ChloƩ Chieko but she hardly ever updates. I don't like the content of a lot of active lolitas and I don't cosplay.
>>
Is it possible to become 'big' as a cosplay or lolita youtuber? Deerstalkers and Cathycat are pretty big, but I can't think of any other channels that are purely cosplay/lolita would count as a big name.
>>
>>9561605
I was wondering the same thing. I know she's not the best example, but Venus got popular because of dance covers of J-pop songs and shit.

Times are different now, but I wonder how much has changed and what it takes.
>>
>>9561605
I highly doubt so. I haven't seen anyone with the likability, consistency, and charisma needed to become the "next big thing". Most people either have poorly made/edited videos, no personality, or both.
>>
>>9561605
I think lolita and cosplay channels just don't have interesting content
>>
I liked Mango Sirene's videos but she quit making them.
>>
>>9561605
Because their content is either original and well thought or they have an actual personality, just like >>9561866 said.
Then again, there are lots of normie channels with zero personality who have millions of followers. I guess their audience are just as bland as them so they relate.
>>
>>9561605
Lor is really big as well. She seems to almost fall under "kawaii" or "colorful youtuber" so she gets a big audience.

A thing people need to remember is camera, editing, and of course charisma and personality is important. Most lolitas strike out on one of these, if not all. There's so many lolita channels where they only really show their wardrobe and hauls, don't have much for an entertaining personality or honestly aren't likable, and the camera is often poor. You just can't get a big fanbase like that.
>>
>>9561971
>camera, editing, and of course charisma and personality
These are things I don't care about at all. I just want some interesting stuff instead of "this is what I bought" or "this funny thing happened"
>>
I loved lillith but she deleted her videos.. and now her Tumblr is gone too. Did she leave the fashion?
>>
>>9561861
I think because there's so many channels now and so much competition, it's harder to get noticed.
>>
>>9562009
Oh no! I just noticed she was missing when you mentioned it. I like her sweet-ish gothic styles so much.
>>
>>9553440
I both like and hate CathyCat. Her content and interviews are really good, but her voice is so damn grating. It's way too high pitched and fake sounding. I avoid her but have to force myself to sit through it when it's content I actually really care about.

On the flipside, I appreciate scarfingscarves not trying to use a kawaii voice and using her real, deeper voice, like an actual person. She does come off as a persona since she is doing a news segment but it's not grating because she isn't trying so damn hard to be kawaii.
>>
>>9561986
There are a few channels that do videos that aren't just unboxings and event vlogs. Obligatory DSP, but also kawaii pateen, rinrindoll, airirichu, winniko, elfchen, dodo the extinct, attitude lolita. I'm sure there are more, but I'm too lazy to keep looking.
>>
The only one i really follow is Black44Angel productions. Its mostly cosplay music videos and she does a pretty good job.
>>
>>9562064
>her voice is so damn grating. It's way too high pitched and fake sounding
Agreed, but her Japanese is less annoying than her english at least. And she's really cute.
>>
>>9562363
>her Japanese is less annoying than her english

which makes me hate her even more because clearly she does try way to hard to sound "cute" in English.
>>
>>9562067
I love Dodo!! She's adorable and her videos are pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>9562060
>>9562009
She's been updating her tumblr with new styles, I think she transitioned out of goth but is returning to youtube.

Pixielocks is about to hit 100k but that's two years after leaving lolita. Abipop and Kelsey Ellison are also around 80-90k but they were never specifically into lolita, just general kawaii shit. So yeah it's possible to have a popular channel with the "kawaii" aesthetic but if the content is limited to only egl, there's basically no opportunity to bring in new viewers and grow your views/sub count.
>>
File: Rikku at OTAKON 2010.jpg (119KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rikku at OTAKON 2010.jpg
119KB, 540x720px
>>9561039
dejavudea
>>
I watch ZonZonZonbi. She mostly shows how she does armor and props. As someone who's never really done armor for cosplay, I find it pretty interesting.

>>9566401
Yeah, I like dejavudea. She really just does con vlogs and LoveLive game stuff, though, not really any cosplay content other than "now I'm wearing this costume and I'm going to a photoshoot!" since she doesn't make her own stuff.
>>
Is Deerstalker 2 dead? All they do now are cosplay videos which I have zero interest in.

Winniko and Victorianme also have good content, but I should mention that when it comes to lolita unboxing videos are my main interest.
>>
>>9562901
Her tumblr looks dead. The misslilith one?
>>
>>9567575
They've stated that they aren't going to do lolita videos anymore, and are focusing on cosplay.
>>
>>9562009
She's still around. Tumblr is now lostlillith and she's working on starting a new channel. She also has a channel with a friend where they do otome game related stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZwAmswl9oPSx_uo7yDkEww
>>
>>9562064
After her going to Anime Matsuri I just can't anymore.>>9567576
>>
>>9567968
Sorry, the >>9567576 quote was intended for >>9567965

I was talking about Cathycat attending AM, not Lillith.
>>
>>9553440
I hate cathycat ever since she made the stupid logo contest with no pay. People called her off and offered some prices only at the end. I hope she gets BTFO
>>
File: _1a.jpg (51KB, 354x499px) Image search: [Google]
_1a.jpg
51KB, 354x499px
Does anybody have any good gothic lolita youtubers to recommend? I don't like hellobatty and I'm definetely not into sweet lolita so every other kawaii lolita youtuber annoys me. Already subscribed to Attitude Lolita.
>>
>>9568227
Seconding your request, all the okayish gothic lolitas have poor quality videos or dead channels. I've wanted to start a channel for years as a hobby but I feel the market is over saturated and I won't have an audience.
>>
>>9567965
Hmm. Not a fan of the pastel goth stuff, I guess she doesn't do Lolita much anymore? Either way I wonder why she nuked her social media name besides "getting a fresh start"
>>
>>9567680
Well that's depressing
>>
>>9568617
Same. Also, I couldn't deal with the hate when /cgl/ inevitably turns on me.
>>
>>9568640
Yeah, I'm not sure. She does wear lolita on occasion, but after her health issues I guess she just feels more comfortable in less restricting clothes, which is fine. I'm not really a fan of the style either, but I do like Lillith and I'm happy she'll at least be making content again.
>>
>>9561902
Too bad she was such a tool. Glad she's out of the scene now.
>>
Hey all. I am a YouTuber and although I'm on a short break I thought I'd dump some of the ideas for videos I had. Feel free to steal because I'm all for more people making content.

>Coording one dress multiple ways
>Overview/commentary of new releases
>An actual good budget lolita video
>detailed diy videos on accessories like cutsews, otks, wristcuffs, etc
>natural lolita hairstyles
>lifestyler topics
>>
>>9569531
What's your channel? I'm always on the lookout for ones I haven't seen yet.
>>
>>9569531
I'd love to start making content but I'm just afraid of video because while I have a pretty good camera, I'm self conscious about my looks. I was wondering if a Lolita podcast would be a good idea? There was one other one in the past that kinda took off, but they're dead now. I wanted some input from you guys.

Here's my thoughts
>short, 20 minute segments until I get my bearings.
>focus on brand releases, indie news, taobao, etc
>combine the podcast medium with images so it's kind of a vodcast but of still images I could comment on
>discuss good coordinates and interview with people in the community such as indie designers, some models who are willing, etc
>topics of the day such as underskirts, pegnoirs, what does OTT mean to the fashion as a whole, daily Lolita tips, Lolita history, etc

I want something that's a little more engaging than just reading a blogpost online, but not cringey either. I've also debated a YouTube series that just... doesn't use my face, instead maybe little drawings..?

I'm not fuggo, honest rating of a 5/6 out of ten when I put in a little effort.ive never wanted to be "efamous" though and I just want to have fun
>>
>>9562064
I feel the opposite. CathyCat seems genuine in the fashion and anything she says is minimal compared to ScarfingScarves and their cringy sense of "humor". (They're also m2f, that's why it's deeper.) Not everyone is trying to sound cutesy with a high pitched voice. That's just how it is for a lot of people.
>>
>>9569510
>she's outta the scene now

she is? thank god, she was obnoxious
>>
>>9561902
Why did she leave?
>>
>>9569626
>They're also m2f, that's why it's deeper
And you learned this how?
>>
>>9569626
>ScarfingScarves is mtf
Yeah i'm gonna need proof. Also women can have deep voices too baka
>>
>>9569626
>They're also m2f, that's why it's deeper
God, how dumb can you be? Honestly, who would want to start a YouTube channel anymore when gulls are going to spread (believe??) weird lies and gossip about you? Doesn't seem worth it.
>>
Lovely Lor is still active and into lolita. PSA the kawaii life will always crack me up.
>>
I totally loved kellyjane and tealpirate / parle productions buy they broke up :/
>>
>>9570922
Fuck off and stop posting this everywhere. It's a shitty replica.
>>
Does anyone know any good cmv (cosplay music video) makers?
>>
Trying to learn french atm is there (or were there) any french lolitas or girls with a "kawaii" aesthetic worth watching on YT?
>>
>>9571512
well, cosplay music videos aren't good, so no.
>>
How does one make their first lolita video without covering the cringe disclaimer of what Lolita does not mean? I want to introduce my viewers to the fashion I love but I can't really see a way around it.
>>
There's bowsbeforeboys one of my fave plus size. She has lots of brand and even teaches you how to stretch it in one of her videos
https://youtu.be/krRNKTppYBQ
>>
>>9571558
there used to be libellule13malou but she's now a mother and has quitted lolita to concentrate on her daughter. her channel is still there.
there also was josca, a super lifestyle lolita with a huge wardrobe but she quit the internet and deleted her channel to concentrate on school (she was 18) but never came back. she was last seen making videos about pullip dolls (playing with them and making them talk, she got backlash for doing it since lots of girls were dead jealous of her supportive rich parents buying her a lot of brand and they used to badmouth her badly, causing to hurt her) last thing i know she was seen wearing lolita two years ago at some event but she faded into obscurity.
we had Lunie doing some things. Sometimes Beescuit and a friend of her named Candy Hashi do things about lolita but they went full tumblrina style now.
>>
>>9571659
Do you really need to cover it? There are already lots of videos and articles on the topic, surely you could just link them to where they could find out more information.
>>
>>9571699
Agnes is great. I really appreciate her sense of humor. Not a fan of her coords most of the time but I like that she has fun and doesn't take herself too seriously.
>>
>>9571699
whenever I see hauls like these I can't help but wonder what they do for a living... im so poor i live vicariously through these videos
>>
A little offtopic, but there's a j-fashion podcast called O-Kei.
https://soundcloud.com/user-680130919
>>
>>9574148
I think she just saves up a lot and buys everything secondhand. Plus don't students get some kind of stipend in Sweden?
>>
>>9572826
The ones with stupid opinions about it being related to the book or lolicon are never the type to do more research about it and still linking them to the topic is still bringing it up pretty much.
>>
>>9574148
She's a student that receives some kind of bursary and she also works part time as a cleaner.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJobJiNlnk&list=WL&index=182
Okay, so I kinda like the idea, but it's so cringey...
Like, almost none of these are cosplays, and those who are look like garbage (which she doesn't seem to realize?)
>>
>>9571699
>teaches you how to stretch it
But for the love of all that is holy lantern if you do this Warn Your Buyers Before Selling
>>
the best

https://youtu.be/DrfQNzzb5Io
>>
>>9574699
This barely qualifies as a cosplay-focused Youtuber. If we brought up every misc. channel that briefly mentioned cosplay, this thread would've maxed out long ago.
>>
>>9574833
I was gonna post it in the cringe thread, but I couldn't find one, so I thought this was fine
Sorry
>>
>>9574772
You know, I could forgive the crazyness of this look but the amount of GUNK on all her tools, eyelashes, and products... I had to try my best to not puke holy shit.
>>
So Supercarly finally uploaded a new video. I hope she uploads regularly again because no one else does lolita/kawaii parody videos and she's hilarious.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5D1H2iY7MWA
>>
I like PeachMilky but she's more of a generic gyaru/kawaii YouTuber
>>
>>9574772
The amount of makeup used and the gunk covering her makeup stuff is gross. It just doesn't look hygienic especially combined with those super long nails.

How does she wipe her butt? Legit question. Those nails must be insanely impractical as cool as they are
>>
>>9571699
>teaches you how to stretch brand
The horror...
>>
>>9568227
I'm not sure if FilledePorcelaine still posts but she had a a lot of gothic lolita videos. Tallulah Bee has a lot of Moitie hauls. I'm still bummed Lillith deleted her channel, I have no idea why. (see >>9562009) I don't even remember there being drama around her, aside from some people assuming her parents were paying for her brand because she looked so young even though she was in her 20s.

There are a couple of others who do gothic-related videos but they've either only ever posted one or two videos or just aren't very interesting (or downright awful, I wish fucking Isaki would delete her social media presence, she comments on a bunch of other peoples' videos so even though I blocked YouTube from suggesting her channel I still have to see her).
>>
>>9571699
>my fave plus size. She has lots of brand and even teaches you how to stretch it

have you tried maybe just losing weight instead of destroying fabric?
>>
>>9580127
Did she upload regularly before?
>>
My pc crashed and burned last week bit i have footage from a tea party i wanted to upload. Any good editing apps for the android?
>>
https://youtu.be/l13sScOhNqU
>>
A couple cosplay youtubers I like are fighting dreamers pro (mostly cosplay skits with some tutorials) , the alchemic fox (lootcrates, skits & some good convlogs and general vlogs) , dejavudea (convlogs, dance videos and others) , and hatterinsanity (tutorials , worklogs , convlogs and misc stuff like nendoroid unboxings and diys )

Really tho you can just search cosplay worklog or convlog and a lot of channels come up. You could probably do the same with lolita
>>
>>9584601
Can you get on a different computer and use YouTube's video editor?
>>
>>9584610
Is this supposed to be relevant? I have no idea who the blonde is and the video seems pretty pointless.
>>
>>9569531
Why does nobody ever do coord reviews? Like people send in pictures of their coordinates and people review them, I'd watch the shit out of that.
>>
>>9587225
It could be interesting to watch assuming the lolita running it actually knows what she's talking about, though I can imagine the amount of bitching about "elitism" from viewers so I'm not quite sure how successful it'd be.
>>
>>9561387
I enjoy Amy too. Wish there were more gothic/classic ones out there doing videos
>>
>>9587225
It'd generate too much salt to be worth it.
>>
>>9584610
This is real, bless you anon.
>>
I kind of want to start a YouTube channel where I do figure reviews in lolita. Might be fun, but I don't think I have enough time for it.
>>
>>9588058
You should do it! I'd love to see more channels with lolitas in them that aren't actually about lolita.
>>
Lyz Brickley posts tutorials and cosplay related videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ButtercupBrix/
>>
What can I search other than 'lolita fashion' to find more lolita videos? It always come up with the same few every time, and I know it doesn't display everything.
>>
>>9587601
>>9561387
I love Amy's channel but I wish she would improve her camerawork and fix the audio in her videos.
>>
I'm sorry but how rich is she? So unneccesary, how much shit do you need? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR4SgLUg9C0
>>
>>9589967
>all this unbridled jealousy
>>
>>9589967
It's clear she's privileged but you picked a video that's literally all stuff other people gifted her...
>>
>>9590177
She's made a recent effort to clean her closet so all hope is not lost.
>>
>>9570802
Is anyone else kind of "over" Lor at this point? I just don't find her content interesting anymore, which is fine, but wonder if others feel the same.
>>
>>9590177
I don't care I want her closet!
>>
>>9590235
I feel this way too. I've stopped keeping up to date with her, and when I check I'll only watch one or two videos and sometimes not all the way.
>>
>>9589967
Not a single dress? I think she's pretty poor.
>>
>>9587601
I like her lolita videos, and some of her manga reviews there's a lot of wanting lolitas that do other things than lolita but sometimes I just want to watch lolita videos. I get excited for some haul and it's a yaoi review
>>
>>9569552
I would love a lolita podcast! Drop a link if you ever make it.
>>
I'm so glad that the girls running petticats have stopped updating. They were cringe as fuck and too fat for lolita. Extreme hambeasts.
>>
>>9591386
Who?
>>
>>9569552
Oh great, literally the same exact idea as I had down to the finer details. Should we work together or try to compete?
>>
>>9589967
>>9590955
>I'm sorry but how rich is she? So unneccesary, how much shit do you need?
>Not a single dress? I think she's pretty poor.

what
Did we all watch the same video?
this is a video of what she got for her birthday, as in people GAVE her gifts
she didn't use her own money

sometimes you gulls can be too salty and bizarre jesus christ
>>
>>9590177
I don't get why some seagulls think that she is hoarding. There is a difference between collecting and hoarding and I don't think she has crossed over to hoarding yet.

>>9592977
Agreed. This is why we can't have nice things because people bitch too much.
>>
>>9589967
jelly and salt isn't a good combination anon
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.