[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General - Emily edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 40

File: 19223254.jpg (33KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
19223254.jpg
33KB, 300x400px
Previous thread: >>9536254
>>
I couldn't find that Japanese Goth essay anymore except these quotes:
>For some reason, it resists classification. Certainly, there are some very general commonalities with the look of Rococo royalty, such as expansive skirts or the abundant use of frill. But Gothic Lolita has many other defining qualities beyond these. Furthermore, the individuals that practice Gothic Lolita have lost their bearings with the music, paintings, and literature they love. While they may like cute kids’ things and old-style classical music, they love grotesque, misshapen monsters, are devoted to Georges Bataille’s academicism, and are mad about violent rock. So, along with our bizarre sense of style and an apparent conflict in taste, we are always thought of as freaks by society.
>Let’s say punk rock was described to you as ‘three chords of rock music played roughly.’ Would that be sufficient? If you looked up surrealism in the dictionary and it was described as a style of art that uses unrealistic depiction, would you understand? In Japan, even now, people ask me ‘What is Gothic Lolita fashion?’ I tell them I don’t know.
>In other words, establishing what defines Gothic Lolita is not up to any one person; it is up to the practitioner.
>>
>>9540347
I love Novala so much.
>>
>>9540353
Here they say a bit more about what he wrote http://www.popmatters.com/tools/print/73221/
>>
>>9540364
Thank you for this, anon!
>>
Does anyone know where to find scans of the English GLB? If I remember correctly it had a history of lolita.
>>
File: 1440750415222.jpg (257KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
1440750415222.jpg
257KB, 500x747px
What's everyone's favorite hairstyle to wear while in lolita?

Personally, I'm a sucker for long wavy or curly hair with straight bangs.
>>
>>9540842
That wig looks awful. I hate when I can immediately tell it's fake.
>>
>>9540842
Braids are an easy go-to for me cause I do old school mostly. I love high twin braids. High pigtails a quick second.
>>
File: ap.png (2MB, 1803x1014px) Image search: [Google]
ap.png
2MB, 1803x1014px
So I bought the new AP mook with the DIY crafts and I didnt even think of this until it arrived. Are we allowed to resell what we create with the books instruction/mold? I believe this section talks about it so if someone could translate I'd really appreciate it

>I used the google translate image but I couldnt quite decipher if it was saying we could or could not sell
>>
>>9540842
Low twin tails or high puffy double buns
>>
>>9540879
Where do you like to get your wigs from?
>>
>>9540941
I use the whole scalp of a German princess. Wigs are for plebs.
>>
>>9540842
Hime cut with high twintails or half up half down twintails! Low bubble braids are also cute.
>>
>>9540945
I was under the impression that you implied that some wigs could look good. My mistake.
>>
>>9540842
Hair down, two low braids or two looped braids for oldschool, double buns for more modern sweet, some sort of chignon/fancy braided updo thing I can't explain for classic.
>>
>>9541013
>>9540954
>>9540900
>>9540935
Do you have any pics of these ?
Especially for old school I need inspo
>>
>>9540960
Idk why that other anon is pretending to be me. Anyway, I don't wear wigs but I'm sure there are times they can look much better than the one choke's wearing in that picture.
>>
>>9541033
You shouldn't need pics of hair worn down or in two 3-strand braids, and it's not hard to find photo examples of braids worn high or looped in oldschool threads or on tumblr. I'm >>9541013 and can't out myself but I've posted pictures of all these styles online before.
>>
>>9541049
Seconded that.

Anyway, personally I prefer loose styles to take advantage of my natural volume of hair. I usually double braid very tightly, starting at the scalp, then air dry the hair and pull out the braids. Voila, pretty waved without heat tools.

I don't like to go OTT but I do wear wigs when I do bangs. I try to style them naturally as possible.
>>
>>9540926
It says that they are for individual production and use and anything exceeding that is strictly prohibited.
>>
>>9540926
Can you take pics of the molds? Is the book any good if you don't read Japanese?
>>
>>9540926
Yeah you can't sell things you make with these molds. Tbh it's pretty shitty if you were planning on doing it in the first place.....
>>
>>9541070
anon, your email address is on and i've seen it throughout a couple threads

jsyk
>>
>>9540345

man where do you even buy the translation of emily

last i heard the only company selling them went under or something
>>
>>9541473
Amazon has an ebook version available for sale.
>>
>>9541448
Lol $100 says you will start seeing this on etsy within a week.
>>
>>9541448
So far I've seen the molds to be rather generic though, biscuits and stuff.
>>
>>9540842
Side ponytail for me, but that's because I have wicked curls and extensions that work nicely with headwear. Otherwise, down and tidy.
>>
>>9541778
That doesn't change anything
>>
File: DDi9kDwXoAQqKrk.jpg-large.jpg (52KB, 710x710px) Image search: [Google]
DDi9kDwXoAQqKrk.jpg-large.jpg
52KB, 710x710px
>>9541118

Kisen Erika tweeted a pic of the mold, for those interested
>>
>>9541071
>>9541448

Thank you guys for the replies! Yeah I had originally bought it because I run an etsy store but I didnt realize maybe it wouldnt be allowed until it arrived. I'm glad I checked though because I would have hated to sell them though if it told me it wasnt allowed, since the language barrier and all.

The thing that really made me think about it is that the mold include a lot of branding weirdly. >>9541922 you cant see it super well here but the bear and horse say "AP" and then the biscuit on the right and the crown say "angelic pretty."
>>
File: DCwK8vzVwAA0okB.jpg (162KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DCwK8vzVwAA0okB.jpg
162KB, 1200x1200px
>>9541118
>>9541922

And to answer the usefulness question if you can't read Japanese.

A big part of it will centre around what supplies you're supposed to get, or can get, like whether you're using UV resin and need the right pigment to tint it a biscuit colour, whether you're coloring it in with pastels or acrylic paint, what you're using for whipped cream, where to buy fake lollipop sticks, etc. If you're starting from complete zero, being unable to identify what products are being used is going to be a huge handicap.

If you already have some knowledge and can guess at what's being used, it'll probably be fun to see what someone else makes out of the mold. Note that item "H" could have been a perfume bottle, but the artist made it into a "Candy Pot" instead.
>>
File: DB3bFBeUAAAzCPM.jpg (94KB, 947x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DB3bFBeUAAAzCPM.jpg
94KB, 947x1200px
>>9541928

Here's a closeup of the bear for >>9541927
It does indeed have the AP letters on it
>>
File: DCso3IuUIAACs3y.jpg (147KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DCso3IuUIAACs3y.jpg
147KB, 1200x1200px
>>9541930

The round biscuit is weird though. I can't make out what it says. Toby Ross? idk.
>>
>>9541930
>tfw you just want these molds for making AP brandwhore chocolates now
>>
File: DCWOsICUQAA2uA_.jpg-large.jpg (244KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
DCWOsICUQAA2uA_.jpg-large.jpg
244KB, 1280x1280px
>>9541953

Do it, anon.

I'm getting it for these brandwhore chocolate crowns
>>
File: highbraids.jpg (40KB, 383x527px) Image search: [Google]
highbraids.jpg
40KB, 383x527px
>>9541033
Here's one of what I mean, but like the others said, it's not hard to go through lolitahistory or something and find some inspo, that's how I decided to do it.

Also sorry not sorry but honestly if you can't be arsed to even type "old school lolita" into pinterest to get your own inspo, don't do old school.
>>
>>9540842
I've got a generic below shoulder lob with a fringe so wear it out for casual lolita, up with hairpieces/extensions for fancier outfits and wavy/braided for everything else. I would love it to hold ringlets or curls but that's the trade-off for having otherwise really manageable straight hair.
>>
>>9540735
I have a few of the issues, if you tell me which one I might be able to get some images.
>>
>>9542113
I think it was the first issue, but I'm not sure sorry
>>
>>9540926
Which Mook is this? I thought the recent one came with the envelope bag.
>>
Anyone know if Hexenhaus still does those really cool hats
And if they can still be mail ordered ?
>>
>>9542281
They have a minne account. Otherwise some of their items are carried in Kera stores.
>>
>>9542281
I've randomly seen some hexenhaus pop up on Lolitadesu
>>
>>9541927
It is a bit annoying that the molds like generic cookies and macaroons have AP branding but at least nothing is stopping me from using the techniques in the book with other molds while keeping the "burando" handmade for myself. I am curious to see what others make with these.
>>
>>9540842
Low double buns or braids (or a braided bun).
My hair is shoulder lenght and very fluffy so I look like a poodle if i try to leave it be, even curling them just accentuates the natural waves but then i look like a poodle 20 minutes later. Straightening it just doesn't look good with my face.
If I really want long hair i'll put on my chest lenght curly blonde wig but i don't like it much since you can tell it's fake.
>>
>>9542140
The deco sweets one
>>
How many dresses do brands make for limited releases? I've always been curious.
Remember reading a post about it a few years back but forgot the numbers.
>>
I saw one girl selling the Marionette in my closet room JSK for 1000$. Is it really going for that much?
I heard about the Holy Trinity back then (Sugary Carnival,Puppet Circus,Cats Tea Party) and some dresses going up to ridiculous prices because they're impossible to find secondhand (that Jellyfish Princess dress) but not this one.
>>
>>9542775
I searched lacemarket for you, like you should have before you posted here, it's sold in various colorways including that one for around 400-500 and there are a bunch of unsold ones sitting around $700
>>
>>9542780
Heh. So definitely overpriced.
>>
I 'm new to Lolita and I'm wondering where to buy shoes? I'm making a classic lolita coord so id like a shoe without the clunky tea party shape. I dislike bodyline shoes so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it!
>>
>>9542806
Classic might be one of if not the easiest styles to find shoes for in non-lolita sources. Anything from classy mary janes (with a heel, not something clunky and childish) to oxfords to victorian style boots with spool heels, you just need to figure out what style you want. Maybe look in the shoe thread for inspiration and ideas >>9473751 Some very good brands were named there.
>>
>>9542821
Thanks anon that helped a lot!
>>
Dumb question but I really need an answer.

I can order more than one item in Angelic Pretty's summer sale at the same time right?

I know you can't buy a normal priced item and a sale item at the same time, but I want to know if I can buy more than one sale product.

When you click on a sale item, there is one English point that makes this confusing. "●Don't accept the enclosed dispatch SALE product. It is one order, one shipment."

Answer is very much appreciated, thanks!
>>
File: tWKAuzH.jpg (56KB, 401x599px) Image search: [Google]
tWKAuzH.jpg
56KB, 401x599px
Every time I attend a meet I feel like one of the best-dressed there, but compared to popular girls on tumblr I feel really mediocre. When I compare to the average CoF poster I think I'm at least in the top 25% but I only get an average number of likes. My coords have been cross-posted to the CoF thread more than a dozen times but they nearly always get ignored, no salt or nitpicks but not that much positive either. I've been posted to inspo threads here a handful of times but the picture that comes up the most is nothing like my usual style. Am I just really boring?
>>
>>9543239
Are you me?
If it makes you feel better, we've seen that CoF likes aren't really much to go by as a lot of great coordinates get no attention and terrible ones get hundreds of likes/asspats.
>>
>>9542945
I think they're saying that they don't allow combining sale and non-sale items, or that you can't combine items from separate orders. I can't imagine that they'd make you pay separate shipping for three different sale items if you buy them all at once.
>>
>>9542371
Also heads up to those that have purchased it/thinking of it.

imho the mold quality is not that great. Its sort of a thin plastic. I've gone through many molds both silicone and the plastic type so I can see this one having a short life as well (at least for resin). I would recommend using mold release to extend its life and keeping some decent casts from it on hand. That way you can always pour your own mold of a shape you love from it if the mold gets too distorted or breaks. (since its all personal use anyways, doesnt really matter recasting molds)
>>
>>9543239
>>9543263
we're clearly all the same person
>>
Can anyone recommend a cute monthly subscription box? I want something random to look forward to but I'm not big on makeup, and I don't want snacks since I can buy a lot of Japanese food where I live. I'm cool with stationery and general kawaii things! Bonus if anything fits with lolita!!
>>
File: wow.png (291KB, 749x477px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
291KB, 749x477px
This must've restocked and sold in under an hour and I missed it.
>>
File: 1477279805061.jpg (43KB, 372x457px) Image search: [Google]
1477279805061.jpg
43KB, 372x457px
WW on LM bothers me sometimes. Browsing their listings and their prices make no damn sense.

>This item has some dirt: $35
>This item has a huge hole ripped in it: $40

Since all they're tossing at us is junk no one else in Japan wants I wish they'd just do some $1 auctions and let the bidding wars begin. I get better quality secondhand from Y!J for half of what they're asking for ripped/stained items.
>>
File: tumblr_nu7triKmHK1uea1yfo1_1280.jpg (105KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu7triKmHK1uea1yfo1_1280.jpg
105KB, 679x960px
>>9540842
Low twin braids, they're easy, quick, and tidy. For meets I do long sausage curls like the middle one, but I'm bad at it so it takes too long to do regularly.
>>
>>9544273
I feel that, sometimes you can find a really good deal, but I mostly feel like I'd buy a lot of it was even 10 bucks cheaper, especially ones with unwearable stains.
>>
>>9544279
Yeah, I'll admit it every now and again you can find a really good deal but most of it is stuff they keep having to relist for months on end because it's not selling yet they still won't lower the price or just do a cheap starting bid auction to clear it out.
>>
>>9544273
>let the bidding wars begin
Please no. They already do that on sought after items. The really good deals sell under a hour after they're listed, that's why it appears like WW mostly sells trash or overpriced stuff.
>>
>>9544297
Definitely don't want them doing that on everything, just the trash that's been sitting there two months or more.
>>
>>9543239
You care too much about what other people think and should quit lolita
>>
>>9544278
How do you make those thin sausage curls? I always wanted to try it but I'm not sure how. Is there a certain kind of curler that you use?
>>
>>9543239
This might sound harsh but I agree with >>9544309, at least to some extent. You don't necessarily have to quit lolita but maybe reconsider the importance you apply to other people's perception of you, or just other people in general.
Do you enjoy what you wear? Do you like your coords? If you do, great, keep doing your own thing and don't worry so much; if you don't, work on improving: Instead of feeling mediocre in comparison to popular girls, see how you can take inspiration from them and how they put together their looks. Don't just sit and whine about not being good enough, you're missing the entire point of this fashion when you dress for the approval of others.
>>
File: hair-curler-types.jpg (53KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
hair-curler-types.jpg
53KB, 522x522px
>>9544312
Those are obviously hair pieces but curling irons come in several widths for different types of curls.
>>
>>9544278
I use a long curling iron, I've ordered some antique style wooden ones with pomade to experiment with though. I know it can also be done overnight with rag curls but I can't seem to get it to work on me.
>>
>>9543239
You care way too much about what other people think and wants to feel validated.
Why do you need to "be" the best/best dressed/be in the top 25%...? Not trying to be rude but you sound insecure. Just wear your dresses and don't care so much. I don't get why some people treat lolita as some kind of competition to who has the most burando/is the prettiest/the best dressed/..., same for cosplay. We're all fucking weirdos anyway, let's just wear our shit (decently) in a way that we like,be happy about it and voilà.
>>
There was someone advertising an online shop on Lolita Updates/Lolita Sales/FB selling food themed accessories a while back, that I can't find, for the life of me. Very similar to Qpot but more varied and from indie crafters in Japan. Anyone happen to know what I'm talking about and have a link?
>>
>>9544507
I don't know who specifically since there is no shortage of food accessory crafters in Japan. Maybe try browsing minne?
>>
>>9544312
Oops I accidentally replied to myself, this is for you:
>>9544403
>>
>>9541778
Some of the molds (like the biscuits) literally say "angelic pretty" on them.
>>
>>9544507
Hexen Haus? https://minne.com/@hexen-haus
>>
>>9544045
Do you have any tips or a link to a tutorial you like for recasting molds for personal use? I'm the same, I want to keep a couple casts around so I don't end up ruining the original mold quickly.
>>
Does anyone have any recs for wigs that are the same or similar color to lockshop's flax? I love the color a lot but I don't want to roll the dice on buying from choke again.
>>
>>9544593
L-Email's beige is a pretty decent ash blonde, and allegedly comes from the exact same source as Lockshop's wigs.
>>
>>9544525
>>9544559

The website I was thinking of was in english and appeared to be run by someone living in Japan, sort of like a select/curated shop. Lots of large resin fruit hair clips, necklaces, etc. They may have just closed up shop but thanks for the suggestions anons!
>>
Why won't AP ever take black people or POCs for their modeling shows? I knew they were probably racist since japanese only idolize white people and shit on the beautiful POCs.
I've seen white girls that looked way uglier than some POCs who proposed to model yet they got to model only because they're as white as a mayonnaise packet.
>>
>>9544870
>why won't AP use POC
>Asians are POC
>>
>>9544870
So go e-mail them about it? Also add pictures. Let them know who you think is an uggo white girl next to the chocolate beauty they turned down to really convince them.
>>
File: baitforbidden.jpg (49KB, 647x351px) Image search: [Google]
baitforbidden.jpg
49KB, 647x351px
>>9544870
>>
>>9544870
Your attitude makes it tough for other black lolitas like myself to exist. Have you every fucking considered that maybe its a proportion thing? If you get 200 apps and only 5 are black they have less odds of being picked.

Also Asians are POC you walnut.
>>
>>9544870
What? I modeled for an AP fashion show and there was only one white chick out of maybe ten girls. The rest were all kinds of asian (including me) and there was a hispanic girl too. Asians count as POC.
>>
>>9544545
Doesn't mean AP invented biscuits?
>>
>>9544870
Hi WF
>>
>>9545180
Did I imply that they did?
>>
>>9544870
Asians are PoC.

Although you're right, I've never seen a black lolita model. It might not be a bad idea to try to contact them personally about it.
>>
>>9545338
>>9544870
Natsumi-san specifically made it a point to pick a culturally diverse group for the meta show at AN, so there were a few black models iirc
can't say for AP though, I haven't really watched any AP shows.
>>
>>9545516
I don't go to cons, but that's nice to hear.
>>
>>9544870
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find black models because so few apply? I work for a normie European brand tough.
>>
File: IMG_4037.jpg (462KB, 563x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4037.jpg
462KB, 563x750px
>>9542118
Sorry for the delay! (and huge images)
>>
File: IMG_4038.jpg (417KB, 563x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4038.jpg
417KB, 563x750px
>>9542118
>>9547606
>>
>>9540842

I curl my hair with a small tapered hair iron. It makes my hair look fuller and I really like the natural, almost messy look. High chignons are a close second!
>>
File: IMG_1142.jpg (226KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1142.jpg
226KB, 595x842px
>the cuts of this are all hideous

I love the print. AP why?
>>
>>9547768
WHY RIC-RAC THO
>>
>>9547823
Because someone at AP likes it when other people suffer.
>>
can anyone ID the socks?
>>
>>9548067
https://lolibrary.org/items/ap-romantic-sweet-lacy-tights
>>
>>9544870
>waah why won't they pick bootiful black girls
>uses slurs like "mayo" to insult
>dumb enough to think asians are not (the cringe term) "POC"

Racist people like you are exactly what is wrong with the world, not brands who can't afford to go grab a black model.
>>
>>9548073
bless you anon
>>
>>9547610
Thank you anon!
>>
File: m57433182923_1.jpg (83KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
m57433182923_1.jpg
83KB, 720x720px
>browse mbok and decide to buy an AP ring
>let's look at other listings of the seller
>see this
>"I scream for the magic Ice Cream"
>>
Does anyone know an American shopping service who'd buy from voodooodolly and mark down parcels?
>>
>>9548095
Mayo is not a slur and it's barely an insult, get over yourself
>>
>>9547768
fug just like all their new releases.
It legit looks like some printed fabric you could find yourself.
Also the colourways are hideous
>>
Does anyone know how often Antique Beast opens their store? I'd like to get a few things in time for halloween, but she takes some time to make them as well. Las one was in May I think.
>>
Was going to bid on this but I ended up having to go over my max bid on a DSLR so someone give this a nice home.

>https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/256499031
>https://lolibrary.org/items/btssb-marie-antoinette-op
>>
>>9548316
Whatever you say, WF.
>>
>>9548355
Lol what the hell, that's an ugly dress.
>>
File: 1484162607767.gif (573KB, 379x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484162607767.gif
573KB, 379x200px
>>9548364
>>
Secrets are such shit but one of them hit home for me. Anyone else afraid of how much their wardrobe cost? A couple years ago I could sell old baby prints for 150 easily and now nothing is selling for 100, I'm starting to get nervous to buy anything more since my wardrobe is about 55 main pieces and I spent 100-350 on them all with the exception of maybe three dresses for 60-90. Plus nothing is selling at all for me lately even at very reduced prices (60-100 for those older prints in good condition)
>>
>>9548417
I didn't look at the secrets but I think it's dumb to expect you can get back what you paid for when you buy lolita. If it bothers you so much tough, why not trade stuff instead of selling it?
>>
>>9548417
I don't get why you think of lolita clothes as an investment? I think the resale value shouldn't matter so much, it should be be a bonus.
>>
>>9548362
Not even on the same continent or race as her but ok then
>>
>>9548353
It's irregular, so you just have to keep on eye on the shop. I bought some stuff when the store was open last time, and it just got to me a week ago. If she does open before Halloween, you're going to be cutting it really close.
>>
TDB kerfuffle has shifted to RC:U now.

BTW, TDB is selling on LM now. Beware that the lace might be replaced before it's shipped out!
>>
>>9548679
Has anyone else had a problem with the lace being changed on their dress or just this one girl? Is this just a meme now?
>>
Do you guys prefer to iron or steam your dresses?

What's a good steamer to buy? I'd like to know what method is preferable for brand, majority of which is AP and Baby.

Baby often uses this kind of textured fabric, cotton buckingham, and I'm not sure about ironing it. The label says it can be ironed, but what do you do?
>>
>>9548679
Girl, just file a chargeback with your bank.
>>
>>9548684
It's just a meme, and I'm almost positive it's the girl trying to force it at this point. She seems to have the biggest boner against TD, way more than is reasonable for the situation.
>>
>>9548691
I haven't done business with TDB. I saw what was posted on RC:U and posted it on here. JFC.
>>
>>9548702
>JFC

Why so angry, friend?
>>
>>9548417
Kinda? I used to reliably be able to get about 85-90% of what I paid back on average (obviously more for some items and less for others) but looking at the market now I don't think I could get more than 60-70% for my wardrobe, and God knows how much I've spent on shipping and taxes and shopping service fees from living in Europe. I paid above retail for a couple of AP releases that later lost value through re-releases, and I've also bought wishlist oldschool pieces on auctions for prices I know they're not worth to anyone but me.

I also started buying a lot more obscure brand pieces lately and knowing how much they depreciate is sort of terrifying - it's easier to justify brand when it's popular AP and you can get back most or all of what you paid, but when you buy, IDK, a sheglit dress or an unpopular BtSSB piece for $300 and know nobody might want it for $150 it's kind of concerning. Right now I feel happy with those purchases because I love those pieces and bought them specifically because I thought they'd be difficult/impossible to find second-hand, but I know I might regret it in five years time if my style changes.
>>
>>9544142
No recs, but I can warn you off artsnacks and kawaiibox. Don't bother with those - the stationery quality in artsnacks is student grade and kawaiibox seems to curate from Daiso level quality of goods.

If you have any experience or knowledge of a given box's contents you'll notice real fast how shoddy most curators' tastes are. That being said, I've seen a couple pin of the month clubs by creators that fall in the realm of cute but those are obviously dependent on your personal taste and the artist in question.
>>
>>9548686
I always steam my brand unless I explicitly can't or if I must iron. I do usually iron the bows though.

It depends on the fabric, for me. Baby and AP usually just uses a cotton plus lining, but if it's anything nicer I stick to the steamer. I use a small handheld one but a tall one is much easier.

If you're not sure what to do you can iron a small patch and see if anything bad happens. Also iron on a low setting and don't press hard.
>>
Is there an pictures of the AP lucky pack that will be sold in Paris tomorrow ?
http://www.angelicpretty.com/en/2017paris_fair.htm
>>
>>9544309
>>9544319
>>9544421
To be fair the anon you're all responding to sounds less like she's worried about her e-fame and more like she has the (IME very common) concern that "if you're good at lolita you get likes, ergo if you're not getting likes you're not good at lolita". It's 100% not true; the Internet machine bestows likes and haters for weird reasons and often no reason at all, and anon should probably just accept that not winning arbitrary internet popularity contests has no bearing on whether she's doing it right.

To that anon; it sounds like you're doing fine to me. You honestly do not want the attention from this community that comes with being e-famous.
>>
>>9548441
It seems you've posted a few times here because of this weird syntax you type with. FYI, unless you're meaning to be incredibly rude, "if it bothers you so much tough" doesn't seem like what you mean to say. I think you're forgetting an H in "though."

"If it bothers you so much tough," = "if it bothers you so much, you can fuck off"
>>
>>9548686
I always steam just because I find it's easier. My dress is already hanging on a hanger, just raise it up a bit and steam it. No fuss with trying to lay out the skirt and prevent folds in the bodice. It works well for most things including cottons. I found my steamer on Amazon, it's a large non-portable one, but it works really well. I can't remember exactly what brand it is though.

>>9548716
Don't buy it if you don't think it's worth it anon. Not everything you buy in life, you can sell back. Either don't buy, or buy knowing that you won't get your money back, but you're helping your favorite brand continue putting out products you love.
>>
>>9548767
I'm >>9544319, I didn't think that anon wanted efame at all, it just sounds like she's too concerned with getting validated by people.
>>
>>9548791
I got into lolita when you could buy AP and sell it for around retail, and that's why I took the plunge in the first place. It sucks now that I can't sell things that don't fit unless I mark them down to $50
>>
>>9548886
I would trade it for something that fits
>>
>>9544273
I bought a set of blouses from them and the "dirt" washed off immediately and there's only some with small tears and discolourations. I sold 3/6 items and made back most of my money. The sets seem to be a pretty good deal.
>>
>>9548815
Sorry, didn't mean to >imply

But rereading it all I agree; my take is really that she seems to have confused what a lack of validation means. It's one thing to crave validation so much but it's another to have the mistaken but common belief that if you're not being validated by the community you must be doing something wrong, and I just meant to assure her that that's not necessarily the case at all. <3
>>
>>9548886
Then that's stupid of you, it's not a problem for most people. Fashion is never a good investment hobby.
>>
give me ONE reason why i shouldnt get a milanoo dress for my first
>>
>>9548972
If you buy one of the taobao dresses they're reselling I suppose it's fine. Buying one of their "originals" chances you getting a shitty, poorly made replica. Don't whine if you get something shit.
>>
>>9543239
I kinda feel like this too sometimes. Some people have nice coords, if it wasn't for the fact they didn't bother to look at details like getting the lace/ruffles of their blouse over their jsk straps instead of under it, making it end up looking sloppy (because of many of these small things). Other just have an outfit that makes me wonder if they even understand the fashion. Aren't you supposed to look your best when having a meet? Like I don't mean not being OTT enough, I mean not fitting clothes right, mismatches in colours, styles, etc. I'm a nitpick, also to myself, but in the end, I'm feeling some people could use being a little bit more nitpick!

I'm not going to tell them in their face or anything. I'm not a rude person, and like I said, I'm a nitpick. But I do feel like this often enough. I'm honestly planning to go to big events from brands when I'm finally in Asia mainly because people always look so damn good in those pictures, and western comms often seem to have so many people fail.

And honestly, I don't think comparing yourself to others is a bad thing in an appearance based community. Sure, do what you want, but if you get into a fashion, it's only logic you look at appearance and compare each other, even when you just wear whatever you like in the end. Has nothing to do with confidence or caring what others thing of you...
>>
>>9548972
>>9548978
Even if anon buys something milanoo is reselling and not making themselves, she's still giving money to a known scammer plus there's still a chance she won't actually get it in the end.
Anon, do what you what with your money but don't say no one warned you when you get screwed over.
>>
File: cf71f01a77f4008298c49256590cd51f.png (977KB, 1389x800px) Image search: [Google]
cf71f01a77f4008298c49256590cd51f.png
977KB, 1389x800px
>>9548972
Do it anon. Show them how weak they are.
>>
>>9548972
Because of crap quality? because of scamming? Because they outsource the sewing too the cheapest seamstress, no mater the quality, and things like pic related get in your mail? There are hundreds of pictures of such things, and TaoBao dresses start at around 30 euro. If you want to be cheap, buy with a cheap shopping service from TaoBao directly. Probably saves you a few bucks compared to Milanoo too...

Why do you not google why NOT to buy Milanoo, as there the topic is being done so many times already. You sound like bait...
>>
File: Co_MoA4UkAA-0hP.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Co_MoA4UkAA-0hP.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
I have pic related and it's super big, it looks bad on me. I'm not against altering it but I don't know what to do to make it better, any ideas?
>>
>>9548981
I like it better when the ruffles and lace are over the JSK
>>
File: image.jpg (180KB, 750x1141px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 750x1141px
>>9549032
Looks bad like how? If it's too big in the waist and looks like a sack on you (just judging by the picture I'm guessing this is the issue) you can use a "fashion fit clip" to make it smaller without actually altering it. You can get these on Amazon or at Joann.
>>
>>9549039
I don't normally mind sack cuts but this one looks like a tent, it's too big everywhere except the shoulders and sleeves :(
>>
>>9548972
If you want to get Milanoo you should just go for it. The only person it's hurting is yourself.

Please post your coord in CoF.
>>
>>9548679
That buyer is dumb as hell. Her whole story made me laugh.
>>
Is there any taobao shop other than Antaina (which is,desu,pretty expensive just for a pair of good pastel pink tea party shoes that isn't bubblegum pink in real life) that sells lolita shoes and doesn't need a SS?
>>
>>9549171
Whats your budget
>>
>>9548972
God, I love when newbies dig in their heels with Milanoo. They want to buy a MM stock photo dress they know won't look like what is depicted. They'll stubbornly buy a Taobao dress that could buy from a more reputable seller. They'll even buy Bodyline shoes through Milano, even though Bodyline is so fucking easy.

It's like watching someone go "Give me one good reason I shouldn't jump off this cliff". Like, no, by all means do so. I'm curious and amused by your stupidity and I'd love to see the results. Please post them here, in fact.
>>
>>9548113
>>9548067
good luck, I've been looking for these tights pair for 3 years.

Unless someone knows of a taobao replica
>>
>>9548701
$300 for shoddy sewing, i'd be pissed too
>>
>>9548291
I'm not a SS, but I'd be happy to help a gull out. I lived in europe for awhile, customs are hell.
Email in the name field, hmu if u want to see seller feedback and whatnot
>>
How do you feel about someone bringing their partners for a Tea Party, especially one that you need reservations/buy tickets for? Especially when they don't wear Lolita? Would it be acceptable if they wore different j-fashion or dresses nicely?
I never been to a tea party before so I don't know if people bring their non-Lolita partner along.
I'm interested in going to a tea party but I also want to bring my girlfriend along since I'm not very good at socializing and I just want to enjoy the experience with her.
>>
>>9549483
I think it's usually fine if they dress nicely, since it's your gf maybe offer to dress her in a simple coord? I think the issue comes in when people bring their SO and they wear like, teeshirt and jeans. Totally throws off the look of the event. As long as she's dressed nice it should be fine!
>>
>>9549483
It could be awkward as hell and make the both of you seem unapproachable. Many Tea Parties that you need to buy tickets/make reservations for have dress codes as well. Bringing someone non-lolita is just, no. I know not being good at socializing can be an issue, but many girls in the fashion have similar issues and still go without familiar people to events (until lolita friends are made).
>>
>>9548972
Make sure you announce it to the comm when you walk in with your Milanoo dress. Then come back and cry like Ohio anon.
>>
>>9549483
It depends on the tea party desu. Sometimes even small tea parties require reservations, just to ensure the space. In that case bring her along, but at least make an effort to dress her nicely, as in no tshirt and jeans.

If we are talking a big ILD-like or special tea party, I wouldn't advise it, although I have seen girls bring their partners. They absolutely should be dressed nicely on this occasion.

If this is a tea party that has limited space then I think it's a bit rude to have your gf take up the space, unless you wait until the last day and there are still spots left.

If the reason you want to bring your partner along is because you have trouble socializing, I would still say don't do it. The reason being that if you have them with you, it kind of makes you less approachable, as well as makes you comfortable enough to not talk to anyone. We have all had that first meet where we don't know anyone, but I promise you it's best to go alone. Once you sit at the tea party, try to get to know the people near you, and join into their conversations.
>>
>>9549483
I brought my SO with me to my first ILD tea for the same reasons. Just ask the mod of the comm or whoever is running the event, let them know they don't wear the fashion. Either they will be able to have a seat or not.
But if it makes you more comfortable go for it, it's better than being miserable the first time. Then try flying solo at later meets until you feel more comfortable.
>>
>>9549185
40$. Usually Antaina is like 60$ shipping included, which isnt too bad but more than i usually spend on shoes.Especially taobao shoes.
>>
>>9548953
You don't get it, I never treated it as an investment. I just wish newer lolitas liked brand pieces well enough to pay a little more, especially considering how they don't mind buying more expensive taobao dresses. And normie fashion does hold its value a bit, used Prada shoes sell for $100 at the consignment store I use
>>
>>9549814
We'd have to collectively stop recommending taobao and bodyline to new people and that will never happen
>>
>>9549814
I think part of it is coming down off the AP hyperprint phase- Nouveau Riche Chinese Lolitas snapped that stuff up. Then as OTT sweet calmed down, so did print hype and the bloodbaths.

Secondarily, more noobs have access to resources other than "these are the brands". Taobao was not frequently used by this board/group forever. Therefore a new supply grows and demand falls for older brand dresses that are objectively less nice/popular than newer taobao ones, at the same price point, so the brand price drops.

It's great for newfags and buyfags but I have had to accept my clothes will all likely depreciate. Think of the traditional car buying situation where price drops when it comes off the lot, vs before the hobby held value more like rare cars and pricey cars.
>>
>>9544507
Not the same as what was in Lolita Updates I think, but I saw BB and B at anime expo and their stuff was awesome, seemed like high end Q Pot but price wasn't bad
>>
>>9549814
I think it's also people wanting to buy new more than not. I mostly try to sell locally, because international shipping from my country is a bitch. No one is interested. Even at our yearly swap meet, people mostly buy things that are new, or try to trade instead of sell.

I think I've managed to shift maybe two pieces in six months, and one of those was NWT straight after a Taobao GO.
>>
>>9549814
Boohoo, stop your complaining. Brand is simply more accessible nowadays. Especially with mercari and fril, noone will ever pay close to retail for basics. You can get brand so cheap it's awesome. Of course resale value will be hurt by this, but that's simply how it is. You can never gurantee a dress will hold it's value, you never know if the popularity will keep on. Just look at sugary carnival or chess chocolate.
Sucks to be an oldfag I guess.
>>
>>9549814
If you think about it, it's a lot easier to buy brand of any type now. First hand and second hand. Even just a few years ago you didn't have lacemarket, FB sales, wunderwelt, fril, mericari etc. Most lolitas bought second hand from CC or EGL sales, which let's be honest was never as active and full of brand as lacemarket alone.

Also, buying $100 for Prada shoes is comparatively much worse than a dress return. Normie brand shoes can be $1000 or even something more like $500 on sale. (that's only 1/5th or 1/10th)

Compare that to buying a dress for $350 and selling it for $150. (closer to a return of 1/3rd)
>>
>>9544870
There was a girl from hongkong at one of their recent shows as well as a turkish girl presenting their newest collection flagship dress.
>>
>>9550156
I'm pretty sure I bought stuff from fril and mercari a few years ago and it's more difficult to find a cheap SS for them now who isn't an asshole
>>
Any dresses with mist, clouds or moon except Misty Sky?
>>
>>9550147
>You can get brand so cheap it's awesome.
Sure. You can get a ton of similar looking dresses that are non-print for cheap.

I don't get this part of it at all. Just goes to show how /cgl/ is full of boring assholes. I bet you're all still in love with classic. It's so simplistic and easy to get your hands on after all!
>>
>>9550220

Uh. Misty Sky, Melty Sky, Cosmic, Fantasy Night Sky, Dreamy Feather, Mother Goose, Citanul's Ice Cream Castle ...Do you count something like Daydream Carnival? The print uses stars as a random repeating motif.

If you mean "dresses that look a bit like Misty Sky but aren't", there's the Angelcat dress, the RPA Neverland dress, the version by ToAlice, and the cotton candy dress by Infanta. Might be more, idk.
>>
>>9550224
Nayrt but anon, are you okay? i've seen lots of prints go on the cheap too. i'm into 2010 sweet so i'm all about the prints and i find lots of great secondhand deals. what's the issue?
>>
>>9549483
Bringing your SO will not help you socialize at a tea party. It's a common mistake new lolitas make. A lot of lolitas don't feel like making conversation at a meet up with people who don't understand and participate in the fashion because hanging out with other lolitas is the main point of the meet up. People often avoid sitting next to someone who isn't wearing the fashion unless it's an established member who they know wears lolita regularly. It sounds harsh and petty but people simply don't care about the SOs of other lolitas. Also if there is limited seating and your SO going means another lolita can't go than people will be annoyed at her if it meant their friend couldn't go.
>>
>>9550224
I guess you just have bad luck then?

Just last year I got Sweetie Violet on mercari below retail, Misty Sky has dropped so much in retail and I was able to get it in the MTO. Chess Chocolate used to be so expensive in the egl_sales_comm days and I bought the ivory full set this year for like 200 bucks on fril. Holy Lantern was a lot more expensive and now you can get is so easily. I started getting a big collection of AP bags, rings, necklaces and so on since they are so dang cheap on mercari. And I've seen so many popular prints sold for so cheap in the last couple of months (like Honey Cake. Cream Cookie Collection or Chess Emblem).
>>
Dude where have the COF threads gone?
>>
>>9544142
I've been looking at Zenmarket's stationery pack and strongly considering getting one. You can have a look through the contents of their old packs to see if they appeal to you!
>>
>>9549483
Adding onto this question, I never take my SO to regular meets and definitely understand why it's not very appreciated when there's a limited amount of spots but I've been considering going to a big lolita event like SFE and because it would likely require me to book a flight and then hotel/some other form of accomodation I really can't imagine going alone. I'd feel nervous going on my own, but I'd also feel a little shitty basically going on a holiday without my SO when we've never gone together. Even so, I understand these events especially are really hard to get tickets for. How do people look upon taking your partner along to these events? For the record, my SO is well-dressed in an /fa/ way rather than a /cgl/ way but it goes well with what I wear as a gothic lolita.
>>
>>9550245
The event is only a few hours long, you could split up and reconvene while still staying at the same hotel and eating together.
>>
>>9550220
that moitie print I don't know the name of
>>
>>9550316
Silent Moon.
>>
>>9550245
I know this isn't an option for everybody, but I organised a small trip with my boyfriend around Omnia Vanitas and I even asked friends to join, so he wasn't alone. They went out exploring Barcelona, while I went to the event alone. We met up later and also spent a few days in Barcelona on top of the weekend. My boyfriend also told me it wouldn't have been a problem for him to be all alone while I was away, so maybe that's also an option?
>>
>>9550224
You qound like you're eother not looking at the right places or just unlucky so far.
All of my dresses are (second hand) brand and 70% are printed. I got the non prints for dirt cheap (50-80$) and the printed ones for cheap too (80-150$ at most)
>>
>>9550224
Cgl is always complaing that printed Moitie costs more than 150, I think they are used to getting prints cheap
>>
>>9550224
What even? You must just never look or something. Or maybe I've just snatched up all the good deals as soon as they pop up.
>>
>>9550328
This, I've only paid over $150 for 4 of my printed pieces (Melty Sky, Magic Princess, Melody Toys, and Dolly Cat - def could have gotten Magic Princess cheaper but whatever).
>>
>>9550238
? Current thread is still in the catalogue, just in autosage
>>
>>9550046
>>9550147
This is how I got into lolita. Taobao is nice and all but being able to get 2000's era AP and BtSSB dresses for the price of Bodyline was pure magic for me.

I mean people complaining they can't find cheap brand just aren't looking when I'm actually getting picky about what I find now just because I'm finding SO MANY prints and nonprints for under $35.
>>
If we're bitching about sales:
Why's it seem like every other European seller thinks it's okay to charge buyers with PayPal fees? Why don't sales groups on FB mention it's against the TOS and also make it a rule of their own, like LM does?
>>
Are Dream Holic's wigs suitable for people with larger heads? My head is 58cm in circumference, and I'm able to fit Lockshop wigs. Does anyone have any experience with Dream Holic?
>>
I'm going to be attending a con that so far got no brand companies to come out but did get the Lolita Collective. What indie brands should I look for from them that are reputable and are almost brand quality? My friend who just came back from AX said Sweet Mildred's dresses are pretty great, any opinions on her?
>>
>>9550513
IIRC they have 2 wig cap sizes for a lot of the wigs. I've got a larger head and I fit their larger size.
>>
Alright I did something and I wonder if I should apologize
>walking back home
>frankly i'm pretty pissed, today was a terrible day
>finally in my neighborhood, then in the distance see that group of teen boys
>oh for fuck's sake not him
>one of them is a little cunt from my neighborhood who screams things at me whenever i wear lolita (aka almost everyday and when i don't he goes "hurrr you're more attractive like that" or "aren't you wearing your creepy ass doll dress?")
>that cuntnugget is 15, i'm 22
>also his mother just left him at birth, so maybe he's just trying hard to look cool to hide his suffering
>he sees me and have that shit eating grin
>i'm really pissed already boy, please don't fucking do it
>shouts "HEY WHERE IS YOUR LAMB?"
>they all snicker
>snaps
>shouts "Looking for your mom"
>immediate silence
>his grin vanishes,his friends go "u ok man?" "wow what a bitch"
>walks quickly to my house, can't believe i just said that out loud
I mean he deserved it for being such a bitch and to someone older than him at that, but i wonder if i went overboard there.
>>
>>9550535
you went way overboard, i mean i get that he was being a dick but that's just what 15 yr olds do. you either should have confronted him in a constructive or even dismissive way ("why does it matter to you?" or "i wear what i want to wear") or just continued ignoring him because he's a stupid kid

not trying to make you feel bad or anything, the kid was rude, but since you asked that was a dick move
>>
>>9550535
You probably went a little too far but sometimes emotions do that.

You shouldn't let him tease you though. He is a kid
>>
>>9550522
Sweet Mildred seems to be one of the few quality Indie Western designers from what I've seen.
>>
>>9550535
nah, he 100% deserved it, sometimes being brutal is the only way some people learn. something similar happened to me in hs when i wore lolita/otome, he rudely insulted my mother for letting me dress this way, said that at least i had one (his mom was kill), but then we talked, i apologized about that and we were cool so~
if you really feel bad, maybe confront him about it saying "yeah about that" and say you really don't appreciate him being so rude but that you didn't mean it
>>
>>9550535
Normally I'd say you went overboard but if he's constantly saying this shit to you then he had it coming. If he can't take it then he shouldn't dish it.
>>
>>9550535
I don't think you should apologize if he's constantly annoying you, however I would expect some kind of revenge from him. Kids are dicks after all.
>>
>>9550547
I don't let him tease me, I usually ignores him or reply calmly if i'm feeling like it ("why do you dress like that hurrr its retarded xD" "because i like it").
I honestly don't wanna fight with a kid. I didn't want to say that either but what's done is done, as said by >>9550589 if he can't take it he shouldn't dish it. Kid or not. I'll see if he's less of an asshole and then I'll consider "apologizing" and confronting him about how what he does is disrespectful.
>>
>>9550220
Meta Moonlight Night
>>
Do any of you use Aliceholic? I can't download it but I just noticed they have a website as well. I wonder if people actually interact or if they just post coords.
>>
>>9550602
why even ask other people if you're going to dismiss their opinions entirely

you are an adult who was a dick to a kid
>>
>>9550535
Ngl, I laughed. I don't really have sympathy for shitty kids, he's old enough he should learn not to be a dick and heckle people on the street.
>>
>>9550703
This. When did 15 years old become the new 7? OP wasn't the model of restraint but considering the little shit hasn't learned that there are consequences to his bullshit by now, better this than nothing.
>>
File: tumblr_lgb2g2ZY9C1qa20ryo1_500.jpg (260KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lgb2g2ZY9C1qa20ryo1_500.jpg
260KB, 450x675px
So Simplicity is officially out from Rufflecon, but it's so sad that now Rufflecon is having financial diffiiculty due to kicking out a huge sponsor. I hope it can still go on.
>>
>>9550684
15 isn't 12, he's old enough to know not to constantly harass strangers on the street. Anon went a bit far but he had it coming to him desu.
>>
>>9550684
>to a kid
>15
Fifteen is not "a kid".
>>
>>9550756
I wish someone would mention that aaaaalllllllllllllll the people who complained about simplicity stealing from "indie designers"... time to put your money where your mouth is
>>
>>9550778
So in order to be against large companies stealing indie designs we have to have lots of cash and be able to fork it over? It's not like most of the community is actively even buying Simplicity stuff, so this has nothing to do with money.
>>
I've been wondering about how an androgynous Lolita outfit look like?
Not ouji/prince, but an outfit with a dress and short hair.
The most obvious would be to avoid excessive amount of bows and frills.
But with ouji fashion, there's plenty of outfits with those type of embellishments but one could still consider it more andro.
I've been trying to find girls who has that look but it's far and few inbetween.
>>
>>9550756
Anyone have pics? I'm curious about the stolen designs.
>>
>>9550791
No, simplicity was a financial backer, without thier money the con is in trouble. So yah the fucks that made the threats and wanted them out should make up that deficit
>>
>>9550835
No, they shouldn't. Rufflecon showed some serious integrity by taking a financial hit for what's right, and not fucking up their reputation just for some money. Very few cons or even companies would ever do that. Think about the japanese brands and guests still working with AM after all the drama. The creators of Rufflecon clearly showed that they care about the community and creators, by not allowing theft.

They were able to find sponsors before and I hope they will find some more, I am sure that some people who are able will even donate, but having ethics and doing what's right should not depend upon money.
>>
>>9550791
You obviously know 0% about Rufflecon or the issue surrounding it
>>
>>9550861
I'm really, really proud of the Rufflecon organisers. It'd be so easy to just hush this away and pretend like nothing happened, but they're showing great respect to the affected individuals. This is rare but I'm so happy to see it.
>>
>>9550803
With short hair it gets tricky because slightly longer hair often balances the look. I'm curious, and I don't mean this as an attack on your idea, but why would you want to make a fashion as OTT feminine as Lolita androgynous?

No shade and no hate, just trying to get an idea of what you're trying to achieve.
>>
>>9550867
It could be mutual since Simplicity received a lot of abuse/threats over it, maybe they didn't want to come back. I feel like they could have reached a better agreement if it was down to RC.
>>
>>9550803
Both the old daily_lolita comm on Livejournal and the lolita-tips blog on tumblr have short hair tags that you can browse, you might find something in there. Also try looking through G&LBs and KERA for the many crossdressing VK bands doing lolita photoshoots, because sometimes the gothic lolita looks they choose are styled in a pretty androgynous way.
>>
>>9550535
you didn't go overboard at all, they're old enough to know better. If they can't take it, don't dish it out
>>
>>9550535
I love you, anon. Never change. I mean maybe if you apologise it will teach him even more of a lesson, and make him understand the importance of reflecting on your actions. It would do him a favour I think.
>>
>>9550936
Yeah, apologising might create an opportunity for both of you to bury the hatchet. Might not work if he's surrounded by friends and putting on a front though, they might just have decided you're a bitch anyway and harass you more.
>>
>>9550878
That's okay. I just hope I can explain it well.

Its just a thought that crossed my mind. That most andro outfits are masculine silhouettes with feminine details, but what about feminine silhouette with masculine details? How would that come together especially in a very feminine fashion like Lolita.
Like I've mentioned, there's a few Lolita's who have that look with some of their outfits. Like for example Kelsey Von Castle (the person who made ixdoxdeclare) and occasionally Connie Tuttle
>>
>>9550878
Also forgot to add, I have a butchy gf and she doesn't mind wearing Lolita with me. So we are brainstorming if it's possible to make an outfit that would make her look like one of those attractive crossdressing boys
>>
>>9550959
Sounds like a lot of Atelier Boz's stuff and some of Atelier Pierrot's. Stuff like their famous Roland especially always struck me as masculine tailoring on feminine lines, and they did that OP that looked like a priest's cassock as well.
>>
>>9550602
Honestly since the kid is your neighbor, you should try to have a little chat with him where you apologize and try to show the kid you understand but he should do that stuff blah blah without lecturing him.

You're the adult here Anon.
>>
File: tumblr_lc1zxum90q1qzzh99o1_500.jpg (60KB, 293x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lc1zxum90q1qzzh99o1_500.jpg
60KB, 293x750px
What's the worst replica you've seen gulls?
Totally forgot about this little guy.
>>
>>9550936
>>9550946
Will definitely do so. I think it would be a good way to maybe "end things"

>>9550963
That sounds adorable
>>
File: tumblr_nlss25JV7G1r75wj8o1_500.jpg (70KB, 393x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlss25JV7G1r75wj8o1_500.jpg
70KB, 393x750px
Where could I find a similar wig colour-wise?
>>
>>9550985
It's the demon child of usakumya and kyubey
>>
>>9550535
He's fucking old enough to know better. If he can't take the heat he needs to stop fucking with people. I think you went easy on him.
>>
>>9550684
Homeboy was 15, not 8. I was already taking college classes at age 15.

Go back to tumblr
>>
Fuck aging desu I just wanna wear sugary sweet lolita forever but it wouldnt look good on me. I'm only 21 but worrying about 30-40. There's an age where I'll just look…embarassing in sugary sweet? Not that I don't look embarassing to normies already but I'll look embarassing to my own eyes. And that hurts me so much.
I just wish I could stop my aging process forever. I don't wanna be old it's not kawaii. Even by taking care of myself, wrinkles and shit are unavoidable.
>>
>>9551081
That's at least a decade away for you, chances are you'll lose interest in lolita on your own before then. Don't worry about it and just have fun in the present.
>>
>>9551081
Please stop being an idiot, and go to the old lolita thread. Only noob young lolitas worry about things like that.

Most of the designers are old and they rock sweet so stop insulting them by saying age is not kawaii and go wear your milky planet.

Sweet lolita for life.
>>
>>9551081
I swear I just read this on /lolcow/. Why are you posting the exact same comment two places?
>>
>>9551081
stressing about it will only speed up the inevitable, anon-chan
>>
>>9550678

You can like individual coords and follow people. Not a lot beyond that. I guess it's nice for looking at a lot of photos if you're tired of looking through instagram tags.
>>
File: Cv-skpUWAAAJ3A5.jpg (486KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cv-skpUWAAAJ3A5.jpg
486KB, 1200x1200px
Can anyone tell me if these ever actually came out? I saw preorders for them and then nothing.
>>
>>9551003
>acting like that's special
lol, most kids do you tard
>>
>>9551317
I'm not acting like that's special? I'm saying a normal 15 year old is allowed to take classes at college campuses, a 22 year old could very well be their peer/classmate. It's not like she insulted an innocent child. It's the equivalent to telling off your coworker who's always an asshole to you for no reason.
>>
>>9550835
>>9550863
I don't know anything about rufflecon. Why do they need big sponsors? SFE doesn't have sponsors I think just a lot of volunteers
>>
File: trashy.png (153KB, 538x356px) Image search: [Google]
trashy.png
153KB, 538x356px
>>9550756
It's okay, they're planning to get a sponsorship from Trashpins, an enamel pin company that blatantly traced from multiple Junji Ito panels and uses them for items. If the artist isn't indie, then it's no big deal.
>>
>>9550756
I don't know much about rufflecon, but do they have a max amount of tickets they can sell?
>>
>>9550985
Hes so sad...but I want one.
>>
>>9551367
New England/NYC metro area is expensive as fuck. cons cost money, and cons in the NYC area tend to fail because of how much they cost. a small group of volunteers cannot cover all the expenses of flying in guests, booking space for programming, etc.

not everyone has the disregard for humanity needed to run on a con on 0 money that John Leigh has. having integrity, and cutting off their own life support because of it, is going to really hurt this event.

i am so confused why anyo
>>
>>9551436
maybe speak up about that directly you walnut, not everyone knows Ito enough yo recognize tracing.
>>
>>9551562
>i am so confused why anyo
*why anyone would have harassed the companies involved in a juvenile, altright-troll type fashion.

>>9551563
>yo
*to
>>
>>9551436
omg that blatant junji ito trace, how disgusting
>>
>>9551564
It's because people love to be outraged on behalf of others and show everyone else how 'woke' they are in calling out someone else.

Or they are assholes normally and we're trying to find a socially acceptable outlet for their shitty behavior. Either way, it makes lolita look bad.
>>
>>9551436
>If the artist isn't indie
who are you referring to here?
>>
>>9551562
Omnia Vanitas and Under the Sea had really expensive locations as well and God knows how much it cost to fly all those guests in. How much are tickets for Rufflecon?
>>
>>9551298
>heeey it's that one lolita with the snek
>>
>>9551595
Vierge Vampur and the other "small" designers whose work was ripped off by Simplicity.
>>
>>9551625
Oh okay, I don't know Junji Ito or Trashpins so I didn't know if they are indie too. From the picture you posted Trashpins doesn't look like such a professional company so I'm confused on how they are going to fund such a big event.
>>
>>9551652
It looks like they are looking for more of a crowdfunding solution with more smaller sponsors than one big one now.
>>
>>9551436
What is it with people randomly putting Junji Ito art on stuff? I saw some shirt company a while back doing this too. Like not even fan art, just straight up scanned images from the manga.
>>
>>9551656
I just looked up the ticket prices and I don't get it desu. The website isn't very good and the hotel looks ugly. I don't understand why they would offer a $50 membership that you can use for almost nothing. The whole membership thing just doesn't seem like a good decision financially.
>>
>>9550228
>i'm into 2010 sweet
Thats why its cheap.

>>9550235
>>9550328
>>9550354
I wonder what you guys qualify as cheap.
Also- my wardrobe is all brand prints with the exception of like two dresses.
My point wasn't "you can't find prints for cheap" you can and I have too.

But you can't really argue you that prints are usually cheaper than non prints. Unless they are really unpopular.

I'm looking at y!j right now and I see that British Bear is at $160 usd. And then theres シンフォニーフリル JSK which is going for $40 usd.

This difference is pretty common from what I see. Not just on auction sites either.
>>
File: Screenshot (360).png (655KB, 1496x652px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (360).png
655KB, 1496x652px
Damn, Milanoo's finally made it to Kei Market, but not Lacemarket, oddly enough.
"Will make you more charming"
>>
>>9551673
I could be wrong but the membership thing may be related to how event tickets are taxed in CT versus "memberships". I know other CT cons do a similar "membership" thing.

Also, are you from Europe? Because the majority of hotels in the US are either expensive or ugly. There are no nice venues in the us that aren't going to be cost prohibitive for small events (as opposed to anime/comic cons that can spread out the costs to many more people)
>>
>>9551734
Yes, I'm from Europe. I hope that's why the entire event makes no sense to me.
>>
>>9551719
you couldn't just type symphony frill jsk?

slightly related, but I'm really upset that print obsession/preference has probably led to AP's recent lazy dress designing, while simultaneously giving us what feels like only a handful of detail-porn non-print pieces a year.

>had to come into work really early today so I've definitely got salt in my ass, sorry for grumps
>>
File: CzJ-4NdUkAAF1E2-1.jpg (150KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
CzJ-4NdUkAAF1E2-1.jpg
150KB, 595x842px
>>9551749
>you couldn't just type symphony frill jsk?
Nope, I was on my phone and translating things is hard. I didn't know the name of the dress cause I don't usually buy non print dress nor do I see a reason for them to even have names, cause like I said - they all look similar.

Also what about these stupid things that happened? they're pretty detailed and most are lacking prints.
They all look the same to me, though.
>>
>>9551780
also look how many are available right now.

maybe you guys don't look hard enough.
>>
>>9551780
You're just trying to make the argument about something else lol
>>
>>9551436
>they're planning to get a sponsorship from Trashpins

Where is that screen shot from? It just looks like someone is suggesting Trashpins, not that they dropped Simplicity for Trashpins. You're just imagining drama where there is none.
>>
File: quality.jpg (205KB, 756x668px) Image search: [Google]
quality.jpg
205KB, 756x668px
>>9551780
you sound like such a fucking nub-tier casual.
4 out of 5 '17 brilliant collection dresses in that img have prints. If you knew anything you'd know that these are special OTT pieces. (even just a cursory glance at the price could tell you that...or, you know, lurking.) very different from the solid designs other anons are talking about.

this is the problem with the current era. babylitas will have a very difficult time cultivating true taste. dress quality has gone way down between releases and it's all about grabbing a colorful or cute print, printed on weak polyester chiffon. some good prints are coming out, don't get me wrong. British Bear and Diner Doll are lovely to me.
But, if you don't get a chance to see and feel the difference between some of your fav print pieces from the past 2 years and some quality non-print, or even older print pieces, then you are being gravely deprived.

this is a strange fashion for you to be in if you couldn't give a rat's ass about the different lace, ribbons, or styles of pintuck and gather on a given main.

at least get your hands on a 100% cotton dress if you haven't already.
>>
>>9551729
Report them so they get blocked.
>>
>>9551081
Nah man, sweet looks good if you're older and take care of yourself. It looks more mature than on younger girls if done right
>>
So is being smelly a reason to give a seller negative feedback? Got a new dress in a couple days ago and the pits REEK. I've been washing it and soaking it (p much everything google tells me to do to get it out), but it's still so gross smelling, which is a shame because it's in fantastic condition otherwise. What's with some lolitas and never washing their shit, anyway?
>>
>>9551729
>childlike
eww
Report their ass anon
>>
>>9551962
I've done week-long soaks in vinegar and baking soda to get smells out with secondhand from Japan before, that'll almost always do the trick if the dress can take it.

And yeah that's fucking nasty.
>>
>>9551881
>>9551970
I did, and I would encourage everyone else to do the same if it's still up
>>
>>9547768
glanced at the print name and thought it said "Cream Pie Parade" and now I'm low-key hoping AP makes that mistake someday
>>
File: received_10205265292872142.jpg (101KB, 960x770px) Image search: [Google]
received_10205265292872142.jpg
101KB, 960x770px
I will be hosting a 102 Lolita panel at a local comm.
While I feel confident in my knowledge I'm having a hard time thibking of the "curriculum" to be covered.
What do you expect to learn at a 102 panel?
Some ideas I managed to gather are:

Coording by color
Coording by theme
>>
>>9540345
Ok I'm curious because I'm not really a con/event person and don't go to events much, but is it normal to place event tickets on sale before even announcing the guests of honor? Wondering because who the guests of honor seems, to me, valuable info that helps me decide if I want to go or not...
>>
>>9552000
Something about why lolita looks the way it does now, how, why and when it changed
>>
>>9550535
i applaud u that little shit deserved it. bullies never change until they're put in their place by a bigger bully; if he's doing that to you you know he's making the lives of his classmates hell. you probably just stopped the evolution of a rapist. good work anon!
>>
>>9552008
Maybe looking at bad coords and saying what makes them bad and how could they improve?
The problem with this is that you either have to use your old pictures, ask someone to use theirs, or make some purposelly bad coords.
>>
>>9552028
Meant to reply to >>9552000 not >>9552008, sorry
>>
>>9552028
That sounds really elitist and would make people put off from trying lolita
>>
>>9552049
What's elitist about showing examples of bad coords to teach people what to avoid? Unless you're ita yourself and take it as personal offense.
>>
>>9551719
I consider cheap 11000 yen or under. And I've gotten tons of popular AP prints for that price or less in popular cuts and colorways.
>>
>>9552049
>>9552057
purposefully making bad coords and showing them is fine
>>
>>9552049
What? It'd only be elitist if you picked out random without permission like the ita thread and tear their coords apart.

Making your own bad coords and then pointing out why they are bad and how to fix them coukd be really helpful. It could also show how something cheap that is well ironed or embellished can look great, but a frumpy wrinkled brand item still looks ita af. That would be the opposite of elitist.
>>
>>9552057
>>9552062
>>9552085
It's that kind of stuff that makes people who are actually into alt fashion not want to wear lolita. Just talk about what lolita is and not about negative things other girls have done or what you assume your listeners might do.
>>
>>9552092
People who are actually into alt fashion and want to do it right will benefit from it though, I know I did when I was a beginner. If you see examples of what not to do and feel offended then you have super thin skin and should probably stay away from alt fashion altogether.
>>
>>9552092
Ok but it's not like people don't ask more experienced lolitas how they can improve all the time or anything...

There could be a preface like with the do's and don't's makeup vids that say "this is my opinion, I did it because I was asked. You be you and if you enjoy it, keep on trucking."
>>
>>9552099
>>9552103
I'm not saying never give concrit or never tell people what not to do, just that I don't think it's a good thing at a panel. I'm not sure what the main goal of the panel is besides informing people but I would never take a negative approach if I want people to actually wear this fashion. If it's for newbies there are a ton of other things they ask about that are not off-putting and would motivate them to buy/wear it more, for example how to find affordable brand from a trustworthy seller (a lot of people are still nervous to buy stuff online, especially secondhand)
>>
>>9552008
For established conventions, totally. Sometimes guests aren't announced until weeks before the con.
>>
>>9552138
It sounds like you're just going into this way too sensitive. OP didn't say they would make up purposefully bad coords and then shame the audience if they wore things a certain way. They could just go "here are ways to make this coord even better" or "let's take this to a new level" and everybody would feel good, newbies could learn how to improve, and so on.
>>
>>9552149
>Maybe looking at bad coords and saying what makes them bad
>>
>>9551827
Nyart but I follow this girl on FB. It's one of the bug staff members of Rufflecon. The black scribble is her and the blue scribble is Trashpins.

This leaves a bad taste because everyone is totally against what Simplicity did, the same person that got the sponsorship is totally okay with getting sponsored from an indie enamel pin shop blatantly making bank by using a well known artist's art. Sadly, a lot of the local community knows Trashpins personally and encourages her to keep making Junji Ito pins.
>>
>>9552057
>>9552049
>>9552028
I think showing examples of good lolita outfits and why they're good would be a better solution. Point out what can be done to better an outfit rather than what makes one worse.
>>
>>9543239
Same story here anon.
I put a lot of myself into my coords, I don't see wanting recognition as a negative. I don't think you should take the bait and feel awful about seeking out validation, you want to improve and feel good about your current skill level right?
Just know that it is noticed and appreciated but because it's solid, and neither experimental nor controversial, you just won't get notes because you don't need the notes. Dig?
>>
File: 1359045570997.jpg (41KB, 570x337px) Image search: [Google]
1359045570997.jpg
41KB, 570x337px
I just noticed that in that shitty drama called Majisuka Gakuen there's 3 lolita yankees. And they even wear AP,Baby and AATP.
Also they're the one from that image that I thought was a random pic from japanese lolitas.

Now I kinda wish I was stronger so I could kick ass while in sweet lolita and intimidate people.
>>
>>9552153
There are infinite ways you can approach the topic of improvement in a way that doesn't hurt anybody's feelings, it all comes down to tone. Are you afraid OP will choose your coord off the internet and nitpick it in a room of strangers? Why are you so butthurt?
>>
>>9548972
I have no reasons, you should buy all of the milanoo you desire anon, bless
>>
>>9549483
My SO is the reason I'm in this fashion, he has a better eye for it than I do at times and can keep a conversation going about lolita for hours, but he's a big guy, kind of intimidating, and because he can't wear the fashion he'd be mocked behind our back. If you don't mind becoming 'that one girl/guy that can't into social situations without a binky' then by all means, live the pariah life.
I'm salty, because this isjust how it is. Ask anyone in confidence/anonymity and they'll tell you bringing your SO is pathetic.
>>
>>9552200
Adding: unless they're gorgeous, then they'll get a free pass on everything.
>>
>>9552182
What time and episode?
>>
>>9552000
Is there a 101 panel, and what's being covered in it? 'Cause that'll help in deciding what to include. My comm usually sticks to things like the most common substyles in 101, and then the rest in 201 (guro, steampunk, etc). Make up of an outfit for 101, but a more indepth guide about where to buy, etc.
>>
>>9552212
They appear at the very end of the 3rd episode from season one and in the 4th they're there almost all the time. Dunno after that though, watching the 5th to see if they're there.
The drama is kinda boring/shit but dem roriyankees got me hooked.
>>
>>9548739
Can anyone tell me if steaming is totally safe? I've been researching and one source says delicate things can't be steamed, and another says it's better to steam delicates.

I'm most concerned about colours/prints running. Steaming wouldn't make dresses wet or run, would it?

Some people also do the hanging things up while you shower method, but then you can't target wrinkles.

I'm such a chicken when it comes to clothing care. I just don't want to hurt my burando.
>>
>>9551436
>>9552172
If you all consider yourselves friends with black scribble, either approach her directly with your concerns, reconsider your actions to screen cap her posts and put them here or unfriend her now. If you'd rather just make assumptions rather than, say, actually talk to your friend about the issue then why even bother?
>>
>>9551862
>4 out of 5 '17 brilliant collection dresses in that img have prints
You count stripes as a print? You serious? is gingham a print too?

>likes british bear
oh god.

I have all sorts of dresses. I'm just not as attracted to the dress part of the fashion as you are. I like the incorporation of artwork. If a print looks like it's been shooped together, I'm not gonna be into it. I just have a different interest than you.

Also, did you even refer to the image I posted afterwards? Of course not, it would defeat your ridiculous argument because ONLY YOU could have good taste.

>>9551796
How does a discussion progress.
>>
>>9552187
This isn't about hurting feelings. It sounded like the panel is supposed to appeal to new people and if you want to appeal to new lolitas or want to motivate people to get excited about lolita fashion you don't start by giving them a lecture on what not to do.
>>
>>9552413
I'm honestly not a part of the community anymore and unfriended her and a few others years ago. The caps aren't even mine. It's from a private group chat and I just thought the hypocrisy is silly.
>>
>>9552219
Post screencaps if you can.
>>
>>9551738
probably. everything is expensive, ugly, and under-supported in America. this is a country that would destroy its own national parks to reach oil. everyone is sick, overworked, underpaid, sleep-deprived, and starved for real beauty. but at least we don't have to deal with customs fees.
>>
>>9552449
use your head, anon. someone who lets a huge sponsor go because of design theft is not likely to knowingly invite another potential shitfest on themselves. go to lolcow if you want to get other people to care about your manufactured drama.
>>
>>9552513
Christ this is so true.
>>
Would anybody have like suggestions for some cute jelly shoes/jelly shoe brands for sweet summer coords? Would not mind for super basic ones with maybe glitter for casual days. Thank you.
>>
>>9552413
>actually talk to your friend about the issue

I think it's hard to do so when all lolitas only pay attention to is compliments to their humblebragging or their hugbox.
Protip: Filters or don't add every single bitch you meet on FB.
>>
Secrets are in
>>
>>9552513
>when something is so spot on you can't even laugh

I've considered moving abroad so many times but then thought about how nice it is that I can sit at home and have $300 parcels come in without paying a fee.
>>
>>9552430
You need to gently tell new people what not to do in Lolita or else you're getting an influx of people into your comm who think hatsune miku wigs and eBay "Lolita" dresses are acceptable.
>>
>>9552763
What are the dreamy parfait ones supposed to be referencing?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-08-18-33-37.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-08-18-33-37.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
I think someone is trying to sell SDD replica as original for 20000 yen on fril. The print is cropped and the lace is weird. Are such incidents common on japanese sites? What do SS do in such cases?
>>
>>9552887
I'm so glad I don't care for more popular prints that have widely spread replicas.
>>
>>9552781
Just move to Australia. All the animals will try and kill you, but when they do you won't be bankrupted by your hospital stay. And also, no customs and close to Japan so the shipping is cheaper.
>>
>>9553287
I'd almost be willing to deal with drop bears and 150F summer days for that. Just gotta find me an Aussie to marry.
>>
Does someone know, why items on Fril are cheaper than on Mercari? I mean the same items from the same seller. Is there a fee on mercari or is that maybe because they should include shipping?
>>
>>9554184
Fees on Mercari are higher for the seller. I always try to find the item on fril before buying from Mercari.
>>
>>9550220
Candy sprinkle
>>
>>9550535
I think this story is made up but he was being playful. You shouldve made fun of him back.
Now if you both were kids then its different but your selfesteem should be higher.
>>
>>9548716
In order to recoup indie brand save your receipt and a copy of there website. It will help paint a picture.
>>9548679
>>9548701
This is why im hesitant of buying from little sellers. Don't attack someone who has been cheated and dont attack someone for pointing it out.
>>
Does anyone here have any experience with Truly Darling Boutique and their quality of sewing? I am really bothered by what came to light about them last week. Some people said her sewing quality was great, but was this ever true? She doesn't seem to have a bg in sewing or anything; feels like it's just a hobby of hers?
>>
>>9559287
Post here instead >>9557625
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.