[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are all these layers and stuff on here called? Is this all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: thronecoming.png (313KB, 406x539px) Image search: [Google]
thronecoming.png
313KB, 406x539px
What are all these layers and stuff on here called? Is this all part of the skirt or is there a separate name for it?
>>
>>9535927
>>
>>9539527

over skirt. peplum. flounce.
>>
>>9539572
Thank you!
>>9539559
Sorry
>>
>>9539527
This is cute! What's the name of this line for the EAH dolls?
>>
>>9539901

This is Thronecoming Apple White. It came out maybe two years ago.
>>
File: cupid.jpg (251KB, 488x800px) Image search: [Google]
cupid.jpg
251KB, 488x800px
>>9539901
Thronecoming, some of the best outfits in the whole series IMO
>>
File: The_end_is_just_the_beginning.png (396KB, 969x506px) Image search: [Google]
The_end_is_just_the_beginning.png
396KB, 969x506px
Is EAH still ongoing? I heard a rumour that Mattel pulled the plug on it because the dolls weren't selling as well as they hoped.
>>
>>9540183
They are still putting out books and there's still new dolls in the pipeline, the web series ended though. :(
>>
>>9540183
Mattel is killing it with MH. Both were still doing reasonably well but just because they are doing better than Barbie they are trying to put off as many fans as posdible. First was limited articulation then there was no articulation and molded on clothes and shoes. Then MH had a reboot and dolls got new face and body molds snd discontinued a lot of characters. Ghoulia was out right replaced by a new Zombie girl who can speak english and is a bitch. Frankie looks just horrible, Cleo is passible, Clawdeen not so much... Only Lagoona and Draculaura look like them. Lala now has a cute smile.
>>
>>9541548
Not quite... Mattel WAS killing it with Monster High when it launched, but it didn't get anywhere near Barbie level sales. The numbers reported for 2014 put them in order as Barbie ($1.9B), Disney Princess ($722M), Monster High ($716M), and then EAH waaaaaay at the bottom ($53M).

The true winner was Frozen. Mattel's Frozen dolls and merch were out-performing every other princess doll in terms of how much sold out of what was produced, and how much money was made. In 2015, sales on all of the above started to plummet because doll lines are on the out (these cycles trend, this happened at other points as well), and Mattel lost the Disney Princess IP because they weren't handling the brand how Disney wanted (eg: there's no one official saying it, but it's implied that Mattel was spending too much time on trying to grow EAH, and not devoting the same energy to producing unique Disney Princess merch; they were just pumping out the same dolls over and over, and Disney thought Hasbro could do better).

The reboot happened because MH and EAH sales both started to slip in 2015 considerably. You started to see pared down accessories and more budget lines at that point. 2016 also saw an increase in the budget cuts, including the loss of stands, brushes, and secondary accessories like handbags from deluxe lines. These changes were already in preparation for the reboot, which was executed to try to recapture the age demographic they had with the Disney Princess line (ages 3-6 instead of the 6+ that MH and EAH were previously pulling).

As for the way the reboot went, I'm not thrilled with it either, but there's a lot more to it than claims that "Mattel didn't like a line out-performing Barbie".

Refs:
https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-disney-princess-hasbro/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11258409/Barbie-Frozen-out-as-top-girls-toy-by-Disney-princesses.html
http://fortune.com/2016/02/02/mattel-disney-princesses-sales/
>>
>>9541713

Oooh, this definitely explains a lot. Thanks for the explanation, anon. It's much appreciated.
>>
>>9541713
Well thanks for the facts Anon.
>>
>>9541884
>>9541914
No probs. I've loved MH for a long time, and I dislike people trying to blame other toy lines for Mattel's mismanagement. The Barbie stuff is going new directions that are kind of cool. Not my style, but different from where they used to be.

They also haven't given up entirely on MH (though I don't see EAH lasting through 2018 at this rate), and I can't speak to the rumours that Ghoulia was nixed due to autism mums being offended by her character. She IS getting a special Amazon two pack with Cleo later this year. I personally hate the outfit, but there's pics of the two in the MH thread on /toy/.

All this shit aside, have some MH cosplay for your trouble in reading my neurotic doll rants.
>>
>>9539527
Tfw would love to cosplay fav EAH/MH girls but don't want to be the autist dressing up like a children's toy
>>
>>9543341

It's no worse than dressing up as a Disney princess tb.h. And I think the MH dolls were more or less "approved" by many alt communities just for being alt, so if you dress up as one most people assume you're throwing support for alt lifestyles instead of children's toys anyway. Nothing to really worry about.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.