[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Circle lenses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a way to buy circle lenses/ colored contacts without a prescription?

Apparently it is illegal, but I don't want to get an eye exam for lenses considering it is expensive and I already wear glasses.
>>
Yes, it's illegal to buy contacts in the US without a valid contact prescription.

However, the main reason you shouldn't buy them without a prescription is because contacts have more measurements than just vision correction. Depending upon your eye's curvature and pupil diameter, you may require different contacts than the norm. Wearing ones that don't fit your measurements can really fuck up your eyes. Contacts are not one size fits all, even if some websites try to make it seem that way.
>>
>>9537111
I know, but I've worn 15.00 mm ones with no issues for a full day. I have actually bought them from a site but they're out of stock on everything now. And I used to wear contacts in high school.

>it's illegal
I see. how do so many people cosplay with colored eyes, eye exams are expensive and I doubt all of them have a prescription.
>>
>>9537111
Also they're Plano -0.00 and didn't ask anything about the diameter or curvature. I just ordered one online lol. Is it actually dangerous if they're comfortable to me?
>>
>>9537134
In my experience? All of them have a prescription. If you have the money to do cosplay and buy contacts an eye exam isn't that bad at all. Especially since like 99% of people are already getting periodic eye exams as part of their annuals, or because they need contacts or glasses. Doctors are legally required to give you all the contacts info you need if you asked, then you can just check all the numbers yourself when you order the lenses.
>>
>>9537149
>order from most famous circle lens site
>they ask for prescription
>say I would like to cancel my order because it says on their website that -0.00 is nonprescription
>ask for refund
>they say they will ship it anyway because it was their fault
Lol, now I have two sets of the same contacts without prescription from two reputable sellers. The second set won't expire for a good few years if I keep it in the jar thing right?
>>
>>9537091
This same question is asked at the start of every single new thread

Honeycolor and ohmykitty require a prescription, but with mixed enforcement. Some anons who have ordered 0.00 lenses received them fine without uploading anything

Uniqso does not require a prescription, but given the way sites have been cracking down I'm betting they'll switch over at some point.
>>
>>9537488
I've ordererd -7.00 from HC twice so far without uploading a prescription, and its still deleivered.
>>
>>9537488

I think it's random too. I know people who've gotten blocked but I also know people who got them fast.
>>
>>9537134
All of them if they're not stupid. Buying cheap lenses or even buying lenses that aren't a match for you is risking your vision just to look good for a day or two
>>
Is there any reliable place to get DAL contacts specifically Kurumi's? I don't think I want to order from taobao or alibaba express or something.
>>
Kind of new to colored contacts here. Has anyone had any issues with ohmykitty contacts? I got a couple of the twilight series that were on BOGO recently and my eyes are having bad reactions to them. They get red and feel warm until I take them out. I never reacted to HC contacts or the colored contacts from my eye doctor, so I'm not sure if it's a quality issue or not
>>
>>9537134
By the time you have issues with contacts you're often at the point of irreversible stuff happening - poor fit can mean poor oxygen supply encouraging corneal neovascularisation, increased risk of corneal injury and infection, and just be plain irritating. While it's good that you didn't have issues, why are you taking the risk when you only have one set of eyes?
>>
>>9540103
Well, they're comfortable right now. If it isn't irritating you doesn't mean it fits well?
>>
>>9537091
>>9537134
>it is expensive and I already wear glasses.
>eye exams are expensive and I doubt all of them have a prescription.
A contact prescription costs just over 100$ at Walmart. Less for a basic exam but I don't think they give you a contact prescription for that. It's worth it considering wearing poorly fitted lenses has a chance of scratching your cornea and damaging your eyes.

I linked my eye Dr to Pinkyparadise, and she stated that my astigmatism is to high that none of the lenses fit, and if I did try to wear them they can and will damage my eyes. I know this probably isn't the case for you, but understand that 100$ is a price to pay for the safety of a very important organ. A friend of mine bought coloured lenses from a booth at a con before those started being banned and had some pretty bad eye problems for a bit but she was lucky they cleared up.

I'd advise not trying to get around the prescription requirement. You don't outright -need- circle lenses because there are some of us, like myself, who literally cannot even wear them at all and still get on fine.

>>9540139
>If it isn't irritating you doesn't mean it fits well?
Not really. Before my current eye dr I went to a chain optometrist and they had me try on a pair of non-Asian coloured lenses and they were perfectly comfortable, but I still had to take them out immediately because they were sliding around my iris due to poor fit and the dr could see air bubbles under them with the magnifying device.
>>
>>9540139
No. The only way to 100% check fit correctly is with the slit lamp, which is why many optometrists ask you to come back with your contacts in to recheck the fit. That being said, if you have your base curve then you're less likely to have got problems.
>>
>>9540139
Look in your eye. Is it moving around a bunch when you blink? It should move around a bit when you blink, but not a ton. If it's sliding around a lot, it's too loose. Not moving a milimeter or two when you blink, too tight.

A typical circle lens with an 8.6 BC (base curve) is gonna fit the average person, If your eyes are an abnormal curve they won't fit. simple as that. I've seen some lenses in BC 8.8 but they are usually 8.6
>>
>>9540307
thanks, really useful advice.
>>
God anon, you're exactly the kind of people that go blind from wearing contacts.

> anons point out reasons for ill fitting contacts being dangerous
> but it's fine if they don't hurt, right?
> anons answer that it's very hard to tell until it's too late
> but it's FINE, right?

You don't want info, you want us to validate your retardedness.
>>
Just get your eyes checked for gods sake.
Hope you go blind.
>>
>>9537564
This anon again.
I should state that I wear contacts everyday to begin with, so I already know my diameter and perscription to begin with.
>>
Where could i get this kind of lenses?
>>
>>9540346
This.

>hurrrr I already have something wrong with my eyes and wear glasses
>this means I already have an optometrist
>I'm just too fucking cheap/dumb to bother

20/20 perfect eyes anon here and even I have a prescription for cosplay/lolita contacts.
>>
Are there any places that sell lots of colored lenses for astigmatism? I can't see to find one that sells anything other than variations of brown, blue, and very light green. I used to have one bookmarked that sold custom made ones but were hundreds and that's not in my budget right now (I don't think they even made ones I wanted anyway). If not I guess I'll just use plano contacts over or under my regular contacts. I'm only going to be using them for maybe a few hours for 1 day a year for a con.
>>
Anyone got an idea where I can find complete white lenses for a "blind effect" with prescription?
I've been stalking honeycolour for quite some time but my data is sold out.
All the other store I know only sell the ones without prescription.
>>
Does anyone have experience with Uniqso's brand 'Sweety' lenses?
I got a pair free that are the right colour for a cosplay that I'm doing soon, which my current lenses are very close to use-by-date and the Sweety's are a decent replica of the pair I normally use.
I'm just concerned about safety of the lenses is all due to them being freebies.
>>
>>9537091
Lmao let her learn the hard way
But from a flea market I'm sure they'll have some available
>>
>>9551790
No, but most people with mild-moderate astigmatism can get away with non-toric lenses - if the diopter of your astigmatism is less than 1 you should be okay.
For god's sake DON'T layer plano contacts with your regular ones, that's a shortcut to corneal neovascularisation right there even though it's only a few hours - I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be causing corneal hypoxia with that
>>
Posted this a long time ago and got no conclusive answers, but I'm interested in lenses again so here goes. I wear monthly prescription lenses with no problems, but any time I've tried coloured or circle lenses, they burn whenever I blink. It wasn't uncomfortable enough that I'd need to take them out immediately and my eyes are still perfectly healthy (been tested a few times since), but it's uncomfortable enough to put me off wearing them.
I've definitely bought from reputable retailers, too. I've only ever bought from Honeycolor and I've always been very careful to soak in solution before wearing and gently clean before storing.
Am I doing something wrong? Are there drops I might need that would soothe the burn?
>>
>>9540083
This is the first time I've heard of that store. Definitely don't wear those lenses anymore.
>>
>>9552806
You could be allergic to polyhema
>>
>>9552747

It's THAT fast, huh. My only choice is wearing plano and being as blind as a bat though, but better than permanently of course. Few sellers make non-plano cosplay lenses and even less make any kind of colored toric lenses (did not find not a single cosplay toric lens seller). I wouldn't think it would be that bad if I put regular ones over plano since regular ones are quite breathable, I figure I would just add more re-wetting drops. Also saw posts before saying how people have done layering with no issues but now sure how credible that is. I was planning to talk to my optometrist before doing anything anyway.
>>
>>9552747
I have no idea what the diameter of my astigmatism is, but its enough that both optometrist ive been too said i dont need toric lenses. i wear circle lenses daily with no issues.

Do NOT layer contacts >>9551790, you'll suffocate your eyes.

>>9551858

Honeycolor has them this prescription.
Source: Owned them myself, in -4.50, they were comfortable and I could see, just with a cloudiness over my vision.
https://www.honeycolor.com/white-screen-round-mesh-halloween-lens
>>
>>9552908
"No issues" generally means they weren't uncomfortable, but my neovascularisation happened when I was having "no issues"with my contacts as well. I was a stupid teenager and used to take half hour naps in my contacts a couple times per week, thought it was ok since it wasn't that long and they never got dry or uncomfortable, they were fairly permeable but not supposed to be slept in. 3 months of that was enough to fuck me up quite badly (and I know it was that because I'd been wearing the same brand since my early teens, had all my regular checks be gone until that one). Luckily mine has partially reversed, but my optom was so concerned that when they first saw it they weren't going to prescribe me contacts. And yes, that was probably more hours over the three months than you would get at one con (like maybe 20-30 hours total), but it wasn't a huge amount of time either.

The problem is even if your regular lenses are super breathable nearly all circle lenses....aren't. Aside from the silent hypoxia, having two foreign bodies in your eye that can stick together and move over each other just puts you that much more at risk for an abrasion or physical damage.

My power is -9.00 and astigmatism is -1.25x180 and I don't wear torics normally (daily lenses, prescribed by my regular optometrist, they fit well etc) and I usually get circle lenses in my "regular" script i.e. -9.00. So far the fit has been hit and miss, but I usually find that comfortable lenses that weren't moving too much also fit well - my cousin who's also an optometrist does free fit checks for me when I pass through the town where she works, so I'll often have a few pairs of circle lenses for her to check every 6 months or so.
>>
File: 1395281797037.png (385KB, 511x601px) Image search: [Google]
1395281797037.png
385KB, 511x601px
>>9537111
>Yes, it's illegal to buy contacts in the US without a valid contact prescription.
Well fuck me, there go my plans to cosplay a character without glasses. I have no contacts prescription and don't even remember what my glasses prescription is. That rule seems absurd.
>>
>>9537091
The fine text on HoneyColor says they require either a prescription OR phone number & name of your eye doctor, who they'll try to contact and ship out your order anyways if no response is received in 12 hours.

I have 0.00 eyes and haven't been to the eye doctor for 10+ years. I simply supplied the name and phone number of a reputable doctor at my local clinic and HoneyColor sent out my order in less than 24 hours from when I placed it.
>>
>>9553193
Thanks for taking the time to answer but as I wrote my prescription has been sold out for quite some time....
>>
>>9554082
Am I getting this right and you don't even know the eye doctor and just picked a random one at your neighborhood and wrote that down? Do you know if they even called them? I've got astigmatism so they aren't going to give me regular plano contacts if I give them my prescription (had an exam) and my optometrist will likely not approve.
>>
>>9552898
Really? I've been seeing them everywhere recently and I've only heard good things. I did toss the contacts, thanks. I doubt I'll buy from them again. Anyone have suggestions for black contacts for light eyes? Not sclera
>>
Has anyone here ordered from momoko lens before? I ordered some lenses with their free shipping promo and it doesn't say anywhere how fast their shipping is.
>>
Can someone with experience ordering from Pinky Paradise help me?

I placed an order which shipped yesterday with Global Mail, the least expensive shipping option.

I'm in Canada. On their tracking guide page, it states orders with standard shipping to Canada can't be tracked.

I did get a tracking number though, which doesn't work. However, the last letters are DE. They didn't ship my parcel to Germany, did they? There were no mistakes in my address.
>>
>>9557404
They ship their regular shit through Germany for whatever reason. Don't worry, it'll get to you.
>>
>>9557414
So they send it from Malaysia to Germany first, and then to Canada? That's strange. If you've ordered using Global Mail before, how long do you find it normally takes?
>>
>>9552908
Contacts are such a small detail, tho. Do you have glasses? Wear them with plano contacts and take them off for photos. Or better yet, just wear contacts for your fancy photoshoot/whatever you are doing and your regular contacts the rest of the time. Being blind at the con sounds like a miserable time.

Do not layer contacts, it's dangerous and your optometrist will tell you as much.

I know Pinky Paradise was advertising toric lenses at some point, but it was like just a few colours.

>>9554019
Seems absurd to enforce it, but clearly they thought it was justified due to idiots willing to risk blindness by wearing random lenses without getting fitted.

Just get a fucking eye exam, seriously. Think of it as an investment for your cosplay and any future ones as well. Besides, if you wear glasses, you're supposed to get a new prescription every two years. You could be needing new glasses and not even know it.

That goes for anyone else, too. Don't buy contacts unless it's from a reputable site. Don't buy contacts in a base curve that doesn't fit you. Don't buy contacts if you don't know your base curve. Don't fucking layer your contacts, don't sleep in them, handle them with clean hands. Take good fucking care of your eyes, cosplay accuracy or kawaii ugu alien eyes are not worth potentially sacrificing your sight for. And if your optometrist fucking tells you no to do something, don't fucking do it. Second opinions are a thing and you can feel free to ask another doctor, just remember that it's their job to look after your eyes at the end of the day.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.