[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Net-idol/Odottemita/Cover Groups Cont.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 36

File: lovenotesidols.png (1MB, 903x579px) Image search: [Google]
lovenotesidols.png
1MB, 903x579px
Old one is saging! (>>9525948) Cringe content and good content both welcome here.

/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p-CYbtXF9NUJ3EuJuxkcujp_qwMmNfKaOrlO3VjaSHA/
>>
Anyone down to meetup at one of the LL meetups at AX? That dance gathering/festival one sounds the cringiest so we can get a few laughs out of that.
>>
Would anyone be interested in a dump of some more noteworthy "idol" instas?
>>
>>9537125
yes! please!
>>
File: IMG_1136.jpg (147KB, 640x1005px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1136.jpg
147KB, 640x1005px
>>9537185
Here you go, then! These are just a few I found that seemed kind of interesting. (Some in good ways, some in bad.)
>>
File: IMG_1132.jpg (153KB, 640x992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1132.jpg
153KB, 640x992px
>>9537191
As far as I can tell, these try to be at least somewhat productive.
>>
File: IMG_1134.jpg (139KB, 640x985px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1134.jpg
139KB, 640x985px
>>9537194
These girls seem kind of cute, but I haven't watched anything they've done yet.
>>
File: IMG_1131.jpg (156KB, 640x991px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1131.jpg
156KB, 640x991px
>>9537196
Hey look, another themed group. What happens if they get more members? Are they going to have to look up obscure citrus fruit names? I get going with a broad theme like stars, but citrus fruits? That's too narrow.
>>
File: IMG_1135.jpg (172KB, 640x991px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1135.jpg
172KB, 640x991px
>>9537201
This group just bugs me. I don't know what it is about them, but they just seem off.
>>
File: IMG_1133.jpg (149KB, 640x989px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1133.jpg
149KB, 640x989px
>>9537203
Annnd that's it for now, I'll try to find more that post stuff other than fluff later.
>>
>>9537203

I could be wrong but are their "new chibis" literal copy paste and recolors of LL chibis from the game? The pink one looks like it was originally Hanamaru and Ruby, brown hair looks like it used to be Chika, purple one was probably Yohane. If I didn't play the game I would have assumed it came from a generic customize your own OC dress up simulator.

As I scroll down their instagram all I see is more and more tracing where they just recolor hair and clothes. Regardless of how they sing/dance/perform (?) it just gives off a cheap vibe and these aren't even good edits. As mentioned in the previous thread, when did roleplaying become being an idol? Did they really spend over a year calling themselves idols when half of their posts are texts over a generic macaron stock photo.
>>
>>9537207
>A Japanese inspired idol group
Might just be me, but I don't consider groups that solely do dance covers (MintyPop, Furi Furi and The Wish Sisters for example) to be "idol groups." Singing is essential.

>>9537196
>Covering K-pop dances in Love Live cosplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz5z2ETS9TU&
I have never seen this work well. Cutesy pastel schoolgirl anime idols don't mesh well with sexy mature K-pop.

>>9537251
>Regardless of how they sing/dance/perform (?)
This is how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVfX2Bvp5s
>>
>>9537428
I wouldn't consider them "idols" in the Japanese idol sense, but generally if a group does stuff beyond only dance covers (like entertainment stuff in general, marketing their personalities, etc) I'd consider them a net-idol even if they don't sing. But if they stick strictly to dance covers and put out little to no other real content, then they're a dance cover/odottemita group. And there's nothing wrong with that! I think it's just that most of these girls have only been exposed to this world with the word "idol" and have never heard the word "odottemita".
>>
>>9537428

Jesus Christ Hanayo and Maki look ancient!
>>
>>9537461
Maki has an unfortunate combination of low eyebrows + hooded eyes, so pretty much any eye makeup is going to either be invisible or way too dark. Hanayo seems to have really pronounced smile lines and again, way too dark/recessed eyes. Both have the effect of making the cosplayers look like mature women rather than young girls and it's a shame because those are most likely genetic features with no easy fix.
>>
>>9537428
They can be classified as "net idols" in the original sense which is someone who gains popularity through the internet and is specifically tied to Japanese culture. Minty Pop is fairly new so I can't speak on them much (they could just be doing fluff work to interest people while music is being made) but Furi Furi and Wish Sisters are definitely net idols in the original sense.
>>
>>9537428
Honestly Love Live cosplay to K-Pop songs would work if only people paired it right. Gee is a better step than TT but in order for LLxK-Pop to work, the song has to be cutesy (gfriend, oh my girl, etc.) and the costume would have to match. For example, Oh My Girl's CUPID and either Feb. 2014 SIF card or something similar. Or an Aqours uniform with maybe a GFriend song. It's all a matter of pairing but people don't see that.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170629-220351.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170629-220351.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>9537510
Awoken Dreams
>>
File: Screenshot_20170629-220558.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170629-220558.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>9537515
Peachy Parade
>>
One thing I've noticed about quite a few groups is that if they DO perform, there's never any video. Why is that? Don't you think it's important if you're trying to build an online audience or if people want to relive the show (if you're even decent that is)?
>>
>>9537515
I can't not see the "._." face in their name. It's cracking me up so bad. It's become self aware
>>
>>9537251
You could be right, they do look like bad tracings.
>>
File: IMG_1137.jpg (185KB, 640x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1137.jpg
185KB, 640x981px
>>9537201
I found a dumber theme...
>>
>>9537622
Just why. Also recolors just shout professionalism.
>>
>>9537622
As embarassing as this is, this isn't idols, netidol, or odottemita related. It's just roleplaying with Muse card edits. I doubt they even have plans to record covers, it's just an excuse to make a bunch of OCs and roleplay them being in an idol group. Although i recommend everyone go read their bios because they are so melodramatic that it's hilarious.
>>
>>9537517
I've actually seen this group live and they were very cute and fairly on top of their performance. I feel bad for the one girl in charge of making everyone's outfits.
>>
>>9537428
>That Kira Purity cover
I will admit that I definitely did some cringey shit in my middle school weeb days including recolouring bases and uploading shitty anime song covers to youtube. But I at least had the decently to sing the correct key and pitch as well as make my recording sound as decent as possible (at least as much as I could with audacity and a snowball mic). This on the other hand, is just horrid. The self deprecating text over every image is also a really nice touch.
>>
>>9537517
I would seriously suggest checking out this group's youtube, they aren't just instagram roleplaying kids!! It seems in the older covers, Sylvia doesn't have much energy and doesn't smile much but in the more recent ones she's improved a lot, the other girls are quite cute too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S93W6xbYOOU
>>
>>9537428
Those cardigans are so cheap-looking, it's disgusting.
>>9537485
I have both those girls' unfortunate features. Feelsbadman
>>
>>9537916
Me too! But unfortunately for everyone else, I still love dancing and cosplaying. So I'm never gonna expect asspats for being cute but I'm still gonna keep doing what I find fun. Don't let it stop you either. :)
>>
>>9537428
I kind of love Nico. She's fairly cute and has a lot more energy, at least compared to the others.
>>
>>9537201
>What happens if they get more members? Are they going to have to look up obscure citrus fruit names?
It's seems like only Citra's name has anything to do with the theme and Mida and Laran might be made up?
Maybe a citrus theme could work better if they just used normal names and then each had an image citrus fruit (Lemon, Lime, Orange, Clementine, Tangerine, etc.) like image hamburger ingredients: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhm_CRJfTjM
But amateur groups are better off with less members to manage anyway.

>>9537447
>>9537499
"Net idols" absolutely. Now that I think about it, I guess I'm just anal about groups that outright declare themselves to be "idol groups" when they don't even do live performances. (And I just prefer soloists and groups that sing in addition to dancing.)
>>
>>9538125
This idea is so ridiculous. Also notice how they all smile all the time(excluding that girl in right back corner, she looks dead), even if their singing is pretty bad, it's still better than most of western groups because they are at least trying. There is always a additional laugh at some obligatory engrish parts(one, cu, sri).
>>
>>9538125
I totally agree and I feel like groups that don't do live performances, excluding groups who are productive and have a huge amount of cover videos that are good quality and a large following for that reason, never experience having set deadlines that can't be changed and just push back projects they announced with dates that they themselves decided.

Not saying that groups who aren't great at deadlines are automatically bad but the usual scenario always seems to be announcing a date for bandwagoning or hype, completely missing that date and then releasing something that's subpar and rushed due to people asking for content. Rarely is it the ideal scenario of pushing back release dates due to a minor scheduling conflict or needing one more week to fix up last minute details. In all honesty, groups that hype it up and then completely fail just end up losing genuine followers.
>>
Follow Your Kokoro posted an older Snow halation cover from when they had 7 members. I've been impressed with their dancing so far! https://youtu.be/NxK7ldmA8M8

And I agree with the other posters praising Peachy Parade. They're pretty good dancers!
>>
>>9537428
Can't tell if Hanayo is a guy or the mom of one of the girls
>>
>>9537815
They come across as stiff. Unnatural. Sorry, anon, but I've seen better.
>>
>>9538217
Yikes, Nozomi's dress. It might be in character for Nozomi to wear something like that, but she was in danger of flashing the audience during like 90% of that dance.
>>
>>9538217
all this needs is better expressions at some points and i'd have no room for complaints
>>
>>9537815
yeah this is just...boring. not sure how to explain it but it's just like it has no life?
>>
File: sakura halloween.jpg (568KB, 800x549px) Image search: [Google]
sakura halloween.jpg
568KB, 800x549px
>>9537815

I knew I recognised the outfit from somewhere.
>>
>>9537815
I don't really get the anons saying they look stiff or off. They're not perfect but compared to what's usually posted here they're amazing. And even without the comparison they're still pretty good. I'll be following them
>>
File: IMG_20170701_161450.jpg (161KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170701_161450.jpg
161KB, 960x720px
I wish they'd stop cosplaying them because they all look old as fuck like 30 year olds cosplaying teen girls. Everytime I see their faces it fills me with rage. None of them fit their characters at all.

Least their sewing skills are superb.
>>
>>9540747
I don't care that they look "too old" to cosplay them, because they do an amazing job of the costumes themselves. Not enough people cosplay im@s, let alone to the standard they do.
>>
>>9540747
The iori does look a bit too old to cosplay a 14 year old but I'd have to second >>9540834. It's rare to see im@s cosplayers let alone a talented group of them.
>>
Is anyone else "excited" to see what Mimi and Tauri are going to be like in their next performance? From their Instagram it seems like they've been practicing more often and together. I don't have high expectations, but they could do better than Bright Future.
>>
>>9540747

Shit is that a different ritsuko than usual or did her face just get fat?
I hope it's just a different one because she legitimately looked like her VA.
>>
>>9540747
I think 30 is pushing it. They all look like they're in their twenties to me.
>>
>>9540747
Someone sounds mad no on with cosplay im@s with them and their sewing skills are shit. I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>9540747
they don't spend hours on end sewing their costumes to please you lol it's a hobby geez. I personally love seeing them do pretty good idolmaster costumes since it's not really done as often as something like love live.
>>
>>9540747
I fucking love these complete groups with top tier costumes. The consistency is amazing, it looks like one person did it all, which I personally am in awe over. Also, bitchy as ik is I think she's a really cute Hibiki and I love that damn wig. No one pays any attention to the subtleties of those wigs, so hers is a nice change. I am happy people do such nice im@s groups. I do wish they would do something with their wigs but I can't complain too much.
>>
File: accessories.jpg (222KB, 778x779px) Image search: [Google]
accessories.jpg
222KB, 778x779px
>>9540958
>I don't have high expectations
Me either. I'm sure it'll be somewhat better than Bright Future, but it'll probably still be underwhelming due to the fact that Stellure has stifled themselves with their deadlines yet again.

Let's Go, Baby! is supposed to release "in the first half of summer," so presumably that means sometime this month. Assuming the song is done (including vocals), Mimi and Tauri still need to practice the choreography, and shoot and edit the MV. And afterwards they have until the end of summer to make 3 costumes, the choreography and the MV for the other subunit.

>From their Instagram it seems like they've been practicing more often and together
I haven't seen any evidence of that aside from just yesterday when Mimi said she and Tauri are "having hardcore practice this weekend" and going for a jog. The rest of the girls seem to be dormant.
>>
>>9540747

The lack of Makoto makes me sad and Yayoi needs makeup.
>>
>>9541760
I think that's what anon means. Keep in mind that before, they didn't even bother to practice until pretty soon to release. I just hope it works in their favor.

I do think Mimi needs to start on these costumes earlier though & start using money for better materials and classes (or at least use google). She should have more time to properly make costumes and add the extras but she doesn't give it to herself.
>>
>>9541321

Especially with the Taobao shake and bake outfits makes it easy to form a cover group with next to no effort.

Also, anyone at AX got news on how the performances went?
>>
>>9540747
Anon, these ladies are extremely talented and are enjoying their hobby. As long as the costumes continue to look amazing then you can stfu. Cosplay is for everyone.
>>
>>9540747
Ok, I don't care anymore. You are a god damn pedophile or some shit because they are nerds having fun AND their costumes are on point. HURR MUH LITERAL CHILD IDOLS IRL fuck off with this shitpost. If it gets you that mad you need to get over yourself because every time you post this you sound like the otaku they mock in movies like millennium actress, fuck you fuck your horse, in b4 I am one of them, no I am a damn guy. Fuck you.
>>
>>9542362
I have to agree here. Considering how many popular anime characters are 13-16 it's weird to expect only actual children to cosplay them. Its even weirder to throw a long continuous fit (because I've seen this guy post about them before on this board) about the cosplayers not being children. Dude needs to chill.
>>
>>9542362
>>9543020

I agree completely. It shouldn't matter how old they are, especially if the original character is 13-16. It's no different than a 25-30 year old playing a high school student in a movie. If they look good doing it, who the fuck cares? The sad thing is it may be more than one person.
>>
File: why.jpg (88KB, 484x766px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
88KB, 484x766px
>>9541760
>>9542039
They literally only practiced for this weekend and are now recording the MV. I understand a duo can learn a dance and sync up faster than a group of five could, but not in just 2 days, even for the simplest choreography.

One would hope that maybe they'll just be recording close-ups of them singing and other such footage, and not themselves dancing until they practice some more...
>>
>>9544404
Holy crap, I've never seen Tauri IRL though. She's pretty cute! I'm still holding out hope that this release will be better. At least if they're filming, it means they have a song?
>>
>>9544405
At least. Hopefully they'll be more in sync.

In other news, both Toni of Minimum|MAXIMUM and Citra of Citresse claim to be lolitas. I wonder if they actually are or not?
>>
>>9544404
Is anyone else annoyed by the star beads they used? They bug me, and I think it's because of the colors.
>>
Stellure also just posted a clip of Luna singing the other song they want to release this summer. So not only do they have their second song already, her voice actually sounds pretty good, if a bit weak. Maybe they are learning from their disastrous debut!
>>
>>9544463
We can only hope! I'm happy that they seem to be doing better.
>>
>>9542362
>>9543020
>>9543264

Yeah, it's definitely strange how there's this expectation to have to look prepubescent. I want quality content, and that's a lot harder to come by among children.
>>
>>9544463
I listened to both the solo audio clips they uploaded- Definently not as bad as their debut but they need SERIOUS work to get to the level they want.
Their voices as they are do not suit the sort of J-Idol style they're going for. They're too low. They all need to practice going up a pitch or two with their singing and adding that cutesy flair to it.
However, I will admit that at the very least they seem like they're having fun making costumes and doing stuff together, so there's that.
>>
>>9544404
>>9544510
Also, I wonder when they'll realise that you don't NEED a dance for every single song. Just filming an MV with cute backdrops/a simple story is usually enough.
If their singing was good enough to carry the songs alone they wouldn't even need to worry about dances for the most part.
>>
File: 00.jpg (166KB, 605x868px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
166KB, 605x868px
>>9544404
So apparently the MV will be released in less than a week. Less than 7 days to record and edit everything.

>>9544515
>when they'll realise that you don't NEED a dance for every single song
I guess since Love Live! is their biggest inspiration and every LL! music video has a dance, they think they need to do the same.

>>9544510
>they need SERIOUS work to get to the level they want.
>Their voices as they are do not suit the sort of J-Idol style they're going for.
Definitely. One of Stellure's goals is to perform live someday and they have a lot of work to do before they're ever ready for that, especially if they're planning on singing live (though I wouldn't fault them for lip-syncing if their dancing was decent enough).
>>
>>9544504
>>9543264
Honestly I think that it's less about the age of the cosplayers and more just them having unfortunate as fuck faces. I can get people getting tired of anons always kissing the ground that Nyunyu/sparklepipsi/etc walk on too because they're the only 765 cosplayers people talk about and despite their craftsmanship a good majority of them are just too uggo for their chars. Yes the costuming part is important, but if you say that a face can't break a cosplay you're pretty ignorant.
>>
>>9544542
For cosplayers and net-idols that are really talented but have unfortunate faces, it really doesn't bother me. It's not me bring ignorant, it just doesn't bug me. Obviously it would be better if they were gorgeous but their talent still makes them worthy of respect, in my eyes.
>>
>>9544510
Not necessarily true. There are idols with deep voices and idol songs with deeper than normal pitched. And I mean cute idol songs too. They need work yes but do they need to pitch up their vocies? No.

>>9544515
Name one idol song, besides ballads, that doesn't have a dance (or some kind of choreography) to it. About 90% do we just never see them. You are right that a simple story line isn't needed but dance shots are basically what makes idols idols. Not every song needs a video though.

>>954438
Excluding audio mixing, I can record and edit a video in a week even when factoring in school and work but maybe that's just me. They aren't doing a full fledged production and super amazing effects (as evident by Bright Future) plus it's summer. If they've at least recorded the vocals previously, then it's actually entirely possible. Knowing Stellure though they probably didn't. Boo.
>>
Meant to tag >>9544538 in the last point for >>9544628.
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-07-03T19_40_29Z.jpg (619KB, 1242x1348px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-07-03T19_40_29Z.jpg
619KB, 1242x1348px
Someone in the last thread mentioned how groups like Minty Pop shouldn't be called net idols because they don't have any music. Well today that's changing. They're releasing an original song next week. So yeah they were just doing fluff work while producing BTS.
>>
>>9544697
That was me actually. And that was in this thread. And I didn't say they weren't net idols because they didn't have original music, but that I don't consider groups that only do dance covers and never sing to be full-fledged "idol groups."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip97Pki7I-M&
>"Minty Pop Start!" is an original J-pop styled song inspired by the modern idol sound of groups such as Dempagumi.inc. It's a fun blend of guitar, bass, drums and snyths with a little tambourine.
It's nice to see more groups creating original music, even more so seeing that they're inspired by actual idols. I hope they're decent at singing.

>>9544628
>They aren't doing a full fledged production and super amazing effects (as evident by Bright Future) plus it's summer.
I suppose so, but they could have spent so much more time practicing and perfecting the details of the video and song.
Bright Future was recorded in one day and released 4 days later, so I'm still wary of what they'll produce after only a weekend of practicing and less than a week of editing.
>>
>>9544404
I dont understand how groups think one practice is acceptable. Yes, people are busy. But my group still manages one practice a week (we are just a dance group) and we spend 1-2 months on each song and even THEN it's not perfect but it's usually pretty decent. But one practice is unacceptable.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbn9pkGR8s

*heavy sigh* why did they let their friend go out like that
>>
>>9544836
jesus I tought those mask in the thumbnail were ballgags
>>
Are there many boy idol cover groups? I feel like all I see are girls doing covers. I watched these guys on Canada day and thought they were okay, it seems they're from a Japanese language school or something so I don't know if this is really their hobby or if they do it to promote the school or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFaQDZs51K0
>>
I really wish they wouldn't have done this blatant of a rip off of design. I know they've done some questionably "inspired" outfits in the past but this is just. Not good.

Mimi is a good artist, IMO... come on girl don't do this to yourself.
>>
>>9545092
I think you need to learn what "blatant rip off" means. When I first saw the video I didn't even think of Eli's outfit and it's one of my favorites.
>>
>>9545092
The only similar thing is the rainbow overskirt thing. I think Mimi was going for a leprechaun inspired outfit, with Luna being the clover member and all. (Why isn't her symbol a moon??)
>>
File: velvet kitsune.png (96KB, 494x508px) Image search: [Google]
velvet kitsune.png
96KB, 494x508px
Another no-name idol group with no content expecting their nonexistent fanbase to fund their debut? No thanks.

>>>9545092
I wouldn't say "blatant ripoff" but definitely inspired. Every Stellure costume basically just takes elements from multiple LL! outfits and mashes them together. I get that LL! is their biggest inspiration but they rely on it way too much.

>>9545158
>Luna being the clover member and all. (Why isn't her symbol a moon??)
I don't get it either. What's with Stellure's galaxy theme and then the member's having completely unrelated symbols? (Luna- clovers, Tauri- bunnies, Stella- flowers, Callisto- water?)
>>
>>9545183
Considering the person who runs it makes music (albeit on GarageBand), I think she more expects people to join the group so they can sing her songs and do a live. Honestly this is the second time she's opened auditions. When will she realize nobody will join.
>>
>>9544542
uggo? I mean they aren't OMG NIHON (which low key bothers me, you feel like some hyper weeb bullshit), but they are decent enough, I mean this is fundamentally a nerd having fun hobby and they aren't like "jesus christ brian peppers" tragic, so again, f u c k o f f
>>
File: IMG_1172.jpg (87KB, 640x999px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1172.jpg
87KB, 640x999px
Anyone else going to be watching the Showtime Music Competition? I can't wait to see all the cringe it's going to bring out. With 50$ on the line, who knows what sorts of people are going to sign up.
>>
>>9545092
that's not a rip off? only thing remotely similar is the rainbow partial skirt and even that's a bit different.
>>
Can I get some opinions guus? I've been practicing for the past couple months, and have been starting to consider posting dance covers. I also have (Ive been told) a decent voice, thpugh nothing crazy spectacular, and have done some vocal lessons and choir for many years. Probably not for all of them, but if I were to post some dance covers that also included singing, what would be the best way to go? Sing live while dancing, which will lead to subpar audio, or record the dancing and singing seperately so the audio is good? Thoughts?
>>
>>9545409
*Guys. Apology for typo
>>
>>9545409
Definitely record a singing cover with good audio quality, and lip-sync while dancing. If you can pull off singing while dancing and it sounds good, do that for live performances at conventions or such, and feel free to post those too. But for normal vocal/dance covers or MVs, definitely handle those separately so they can be as high-quality as possible.
>>
>>9545409
record separately
>>
>>9545183

They need to take notes from our Asian Odottemitta groups up in Canada. But then again they have the financial backing of Overseas Real Estate.
>>
>>9545183
I dug around Velvet Kitsune's website a bit. Looks like it used to be a group (of maybe only 2 or 3) that disbanded, and the remaining member is trying to continue it for a second generation. Some of the song samples are actually pretty well written, so I think with some talented singers they could make some cool songs. The website seems nice and clean and I think the girl running it could make a good manager for a net-idol group, if she manages to get auditions.
>>
>>9545609
Agreed. If I lived in New York, I'd audition. She seems very competent and talented.
>>
>>9545626

Although, she definitely needs to spell "Kitsune" correctly, everywhere on her site. That's the only thing that bothered me.
>>
>>9537428
I'm so tired of love live honestly.
>>
So I've kind of been looking into LL dance cover groups in Vancouver primarily for the exercise, but a friend who joined a group for a while once told me everyone is pretty toxic. Are there any groups worth looking into in the area at all, or am I out of luck? We seem to be saturated with them, yet I never hear good things. I just want to learn to dance seriously and become more fit than I am, with the added bonus of being able to cosplay my favourite girl at the same time.
>>
>>9544405
She's really pretty cute but I'm a little sad that none of her photos with a wig so far have had those puffball pigtails that all her art shows (and it seems like her natural hair is capable of holding).

I think using their natural hair would've been a way smarter move all around, they could have had more freedom of styling, and everyone would have been fine with just seeing the colors in the concept art.
>>
i have a feeling a lot of these love live inspired groups have only watched the anime and none of the seiyuu's live concerts. its a shame.
>>
>>9547157
I feel you on that anon. I'm a few hours out of Vancouver and I haven't heard anything good about the LL groups there. I'm somewhat new to the area though, so I'm hoping there's some good ones I just haven't heard about yet.
>>
>>9547242
From what my friend described it sounds really cat-fighty, she just wanted to learn the dances too but couldn't escape the drama so she quit. I watch the Lives/dances already and I'm the same height as Nico (best girl, and I already cosplay her) so I'm really hoping I can at least find a group to give it a shot. I want to be wrong about all of the groups here and find a hidden gem group our something but I'm doubtful.
>>
File: Dream_Sensation_Muse_Seiyuus.jpg (495KB, 2000x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Dream_Sensation_Muse_Seiyuus.jpg
495KB, 2000x1029px
>>9547170

Even the actual LL seiyuus didn't use wigs or dye their hair for their performances (well, a few of them tinted their hair for the last performance but still). Natural hair would have been perfectly acceptable!
>>
Spreadsheet mod here. I want to apologize for my long absence and not keeping up with the doc. I am looking for a couple of people who can help me out in keeping up with it. Just send me an email to the email found in the doc!
>>
File: 0.jpg (128KB, 1080x1197px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
128KB, 1080x1197px
>>9547170
>none of her photos with a wig so far have had those puffball pigtails that all her art shows
They never received Tauri's curly pink wig so they just styled an old pink wig Mimi had so they could shoot the MV.

>I think using their natural hair would've been a way smarter move all around
I think so too. Maybe they'd look a bit more like real idols and less like they're cosplaying their Love Live OCs.
>>
>>9547393
I'm surprised at how... decent the costumes look. They're still pretty sloppy when you look at them closely, but from the thumbnail they're not bad. The color scheme is at least more cohesive than the pastel+black bright future had going on.

That said, it looks like Tauri's wig is either too heavy, making it slip back, or she cut her bangs way too short. Not even touching whatever's going on with the bun part. Agreed with the anons that said they should just use their actual hair, like the LL seiyuus do.
>>
>>9537815
They could be a little 'bouncier' in some parts, but overall this is great! Everyone's in sync, nice themed set decoration, cute outfits, and they remember to smile.
>>
>>9547410
The bangs are too short. There's a close up picture where it's really obvious. Fingers crossed that the official Tauri wig's bangs will look better!
>>
>>9547170

jesus fucking christ it annoys me so much that Stellure are trying to be "idols" and don't even realize that idols aren't supposed to wear wigs. And don't even get me started on how ugly Luna's hair is I don't know who thought turqoise and brown was a good idea
>>
>>9547261

There is also a legit reason: it is also pretty uncomfortable to wear while performing as someone told me.

>>9547258

The holy trinity is going to be Sigma, Natsu and EPS For LL! Shooting Stars and Decaloid are true Odottemittas
>>
>>9547157

Not from Vancouver but since we're on the topic of Canadian groups I will say that I suppose in terms of quality they're not bad at all but I just straight up dislike some of them.

Love Live Sunrise has the most instagram followers but also almost every post on their group instagram as well as individual instagrams is just self promoting their latest video or the group in general or begging for votes in those cosplay comment spam vote contests. They only follow each other and the Aqours seiyuus so I highly doubt they would ever accept anyone into their exclusive group. Which is really weird since almost every other Canadian group at least acknowledges each other. They've done a ton of videos but most of the time it just feels like they're trying to be the first and the quality is really hit or miss. I just get the "desperately trying to be the most popular" vibe from them which is sad since it's cute when veteran groups promote or collab with newer groups or at least acknowledge them.

Nonets isn't too bad but almost all the solo videos on their group instagram is of their Honoka which is kind of concerning.

Ur's has one member that is super popular since she's pretty and can dance so it feels like there could be drama there? There's an age range of high school to university girls which is pretty interesting since it seems like it has worked out. I'm pretty sure they're sister groups with AiDolls since they share some members, have some collabs between group members and have shared a stage before.
>>
>>9547670
Didn't Sunrise disband? Or was that a different group?
>>
>>9547654
I've always assumed that Luna's wig came to be because it was cheap and somebody said "Oh, it has your image color!" Or maybe all the wigs came in a bundle, and that's why Astra underwent a redesign and Luna got stuck with an ugly wig.
>>
>>9547671
There was a group called Sunrise that disgrouped but the one I'm talking about goes by Love Live Sunrise
>>
>>9547670
Bless, my group didn't make the disliked groups.

I 6000% agree with Love Live Sunrise. They post a lot of covers, but they're all so mediocre. Thanks for having contest but please put some more effort into it.
>>
>>9547691
There are (were, I guess) two? Huh, I didn't know that.
>>
>>9547670
We follow our members and the seiyuus because its our group account, you can see our members follow other LL groups and are friendly with the members of them on personal accounts. We don't know a lot of LL groups in our area and we haven't been out of province yet, sorry. For a group Instagram it is more "business" and less for fun and so we do not need to be entertained by our newsfeed.

I am sorry our videos are mediocre. We put a lot of effort but we are not professional dancers and sometimes we do not have a lot of budget, we do it for fun. We accept constructive criticism because we believe it is important to learn and improve. We practice every week but we know we must still improve.

We did not expect having so many followers, and we are thankful for them. We hope in the future we can be better. But please know try our best, and we do not try to be above anyone, or better, because we realize we are not. I am sorry if we give this impression, we do not mean it.
>>
>>9547797

As someone in an LL group I look up to you guys so much and I don't think people realize how difficult it is to dance and record videos as non professionals.
Don't let the negative comments bother you! Keep up the good work lovelies <3
>>
>>9547797
Yikes. Rule number one of 4chan, never self post.

You seem nice, but this isn't the best place to defend you're group.
>>
>>9544628
Yah with the deep voices I think of morning musume, especially there song Mr moonlight
>>
>>9547871
Thank you for your words of encouragement. We will work hard! <3 Good luck to you and your LL group!

>>9547872
I understand. But I wanted to make my opinion known. Would you rather I post passive aggressive text on social media? I do not mind dance criticism because we know we must improve. But because some were making us seem like we are not nice or elistist almost, I wanted to clear it up. I am simply hoping to make it clear that we do it for fun, and to make others smile and share our love for the anime. To bring drama into it for no reason, like to say we do not support other Canadian groups, I do not find that acceptable. There are many successful and talented groups around the world. My apologies if this was not correct behavior. My goal was to be transparent and honest.
>>
>>9547797
I can agree with the "business" side but it does give a sort of unfriendly vibe that would make other groups less willing to follow if they know that they probably won't be acknowledged at all. Then again I'm personally more familiar with groups and people who are interested in the community aspect of LL.

I don't think your videos are mediocre but sometimes the quality varies but I'm sure that has more to do with scheduling and how much time people have. I will give you guys credit for being consistent in releasing content with whatever budget you do have.

I'm in a LL group myself so I will say that filming 14 different songs, in different location with different costumes in under a year is definitely an accomplishment.

I'm glad that the vibes I misunderstood were not intentional, but I will say that the professional vibe you guys are aiming for does come off as unapproachable.
>>
>>9547940
Either way, selfposting and defending your group from whats said on here on either social media or here, its not a good idea at all. Have you not seen the tragedy that is Stellue after they selfposted and defended themselves? Is that how your group wants to be known?? They too just "wanted to share their opinion and be honest" but again, look where it got them on here. Just think before you post.
>>
>>9547797
>>9547871
>>9547940
>>9547964
Quit samefagging Sunrise
>>
>>9547871
Love Live dances are hard? Where who what when.
>>
>>9547975
Nah they only posted twice as far as I know. I'm the one who wrote the stupidly long posts on how I'm not into their professional direction.

I wouldn't go to see them live since I don't like them still but they've probably spent a lot of money on that many costumes and filming probably takes hours and getting to locations also takes time. Regardless of how I like them their hard work and content is worth acknowledging. Plus it's nice to know that groups that practice once a week aren't a myth.

>>9547985
Coordinating 9 people in different formations takes a surprising amount of time. Aqours actually has some relatively challenging choreography and formations.
>>
>>9548004
I'm in three groups myself - one has two members, one has nine, and one is sitting around the sixteen member mark.

Formations can be pretty annoying, but I wouldn't consider them hard by any means. Aqours definitely has some higher difficulty dances, but they still fall into the Easy/Medium category in my opinion.
>>
>>9548011
Eh yeah annoying rather than hard sounds about right. I suppose I think of getting 9 people to be in sync in the right places and looking decently cohesive to be "hard" rather than the actual dance being difficult.
>>
>>9548024
VERY TRUE that's a good point.

I find getting in sync comes naturally, but it can be difficult to fix everyones moves so we all look the same. Some people take direction really well, but it can be hard to get the movements really ingrained into some people.
>>
>>9537517
Why is the blonde ones eyes so far apart from each other does she have FAS or Waardenburg?
>>
>>9547393
I didn't realize it until seeing this picture, but I'm so bothered by the way Tauri's bust is sewn especially when you look at Mimi's. You can SEE how low it's meant to be and Mimi freehanded it. It's annoying to look at. Also they need petticoats.
>>
They seem to be going out more in terms of editing. Let's see how this works out. Also, still using movie maker.
>>
>>9547670
Love Live Sunrise is a bad group. They dance with 0 energy and their steps aren't accurate to the real dance (I suppose they just mistake it cause they want to make the video faster). Also, the cosplays can be better.

I have my own LL dance group and when we search other group to learn dances, Sunrise is the top least.
>>
>>9547671
Sunrise is a japanese LL cover group and they disbanded this year. Love Live Sunrise is a canadian weeb LL cover group. The quality level between those groups are pretty big.
>>
>>9548260
Their old stuff isnt great but their latest 2-3 videos are okay. In the pops one they stepped up the energy
>>
>>9548260
A few people have said they have their own group. What are your group names? I'm just curious.
>>
File: IMG_4539.jpg (135KB, 750x548px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4539.jpg
135KB, 750x548px
To the person that tried to start a thread with Project Shitlight as their pic, at least use the current lineup and not the one from a few years ago. They've been replacing members the last few months.
>>
>>9548448
>>9548260

I wanna see y'all who trash groups post a video of yourselves dancing like how the fuck are you qualified to judge exactly
>>
>>9547985
>>9548011
>>9548024

I think the dance moves used in the choreo are easy, but as one of you mentioned, getting everyone to sync up is not. Between positioning 9 people, making sure everyone actually does their moves at the same speed (even if they start a move at the same time, if they don't finish it together it's going to be out of sync) and making sure the angles of arms, etc. line up, it can get pretty difficult. This is less because the moves are difficult, and more because coordinating 9 people for anything isn't easy.
>>
>>9548448

I low key just wanted a thread without cringey "original idol" groups and why the fuck do people care so much about Stellure they're never going to go anywhere as a group
>>
>>9548367

Ah, sorry, but I'm never gonna say it here. We're a somewhat newer dance cover group so we don't have much content, our members are all older (post-college), and we're still pretty rough and can't learn songs quickly, since practice times are limited by everyone's work schedules. You guys would (rightfully) tear us the fuck up if I ever selfposted here lmao
>>
>>9548468

We're not gonna have separate threads for cosplay and original threads, there's no need for that when it's such a niche interest. Are you the one that started the Love Live Cover groups thread?
>>
File: 792.jpg (29KB, 619x310px) Image search: [Google]
792.jpg
29KB, 619x310px
>>9548460
Anon, we are people with criticism. If you can't deal with an true opinion, maybe you need to leave 4chan and hear only the nice things your friends said about your wannabe group.
>>
>>9548460
a lot of people here have eyes
>>
>>9548561

good to know you have no talent or any valuable opinions
>>
>>9548569
whoever from stellure you are, you should leave before you embarrass yourself too much
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 544x400px
>>9548569
>>
>>9548575
Inb4 its a Sunrise member
>>
>>9548460
I think its hilarious these LL groups judge each other but they all suck. when one is pointed out the others take advantage of anon system to chew them out but none of them have basis for it. "oh they suck im in an LL group too but I dont want us to be judged like I am judging them"
>>
>>9547157
The problem is is that some groups literally formed without any previous knowledge of what each other is like therefore there's obviously going to be problems within those groups because there's no reason for them to get along or like each other, other than to be ~kawaii aidorus~. (which is not the strongest motivator for people looking at how some groups just fall apart)

Going off of what >>9547669 said, the reason those groups works is that they formed from a group of friends or school club. There are other groups like Susume that recruit random people without vetting them in any way and that's where things can go to shit.
>>
>>9548575

does stellure really post here? that's hilarious
>>
>>9548468
If you want a goddamn thread without "cringed original groups", maybe fucking add more of those groups you want to see IN THE THREADS THAT EXIST.

>>9548460
>>9548569
As for you/y'all/whatever, how about you just shut up. If you don't like what's on here just move the fuck on. You literally just close the page and move on. You don't have to be a professional or of a certain level to critique people. Are YOU of one? Show us YOUR qualifications and/or talent.
>>
File: 1497236706582.png (979KB, 1923x546px) Image search: [Google]
1497236706582.png
979KB, 1923x546px
>>9548604
Mimi does/did, at least! Here's her legendary "cousin fuckers" rant from a few threads ago.
>>
>>9548614

I'm honestly so embarrassed for her. Poor girl.
>>
>>9548460

why don't you say something nice about a group then geez
>>
>>9548642
We have?? Look at Honey Hime. Groups like them show effort and talent so they get praise. Your group isn't entitled to praise because "we worked so hard!!1!"

Is the concept of being talented gets you praised that hard to understand? You don't need to be professional to practice until it looks/sounds good so don't bring up that shit argument. Were not a place of asspats for your shitty LL groups.
>>
More self posting. AHHH so annoying.

And no shit we won't self post here. Even if our groups are good, who would want their name being spread on a 4chan forum?

Plus, sort of funny that you're mad were talking shit, but you want our group names so you can shit talk and judge us. How'd you convince yourself that logic wasn't flawed, anon?
>>
Has Aidolls Project ever been brought up here?

Their PVs arent the best, but they're a group I personally like. They have some pretty good members, alot of them are talented (right? Im posting about liking them but desu I only follow two of their members)
>>
>>9548604
one of the members who left stellure posted screenshots of her instagram spam accounts where she talked shit about the other members.
>>
>>9548720
what I dont get is you are ok to post while you admitting are in a group, but god forbid a group actually posts and doesn't try to promo themselves. stellure was fuckin edgy but at least sunrise was somewhat polite (and didn't pretend to be anon fan). imo I cant stand groups that selfpost links to their dances or says their group is the best, that's the worst.

I say stop posting about LL groups altogether. dont give them attention. it's hopefully gonna die soon anyway.
>>
>>9548749
>imo I cant stand groups that selfpost links to their dances

Hold on. Are you seriously saying groups should post themselves but just said you can't stand when groups self post? I don't get your logic.
>>
>>9548720
Personally, I wouldn't mind my group being talked about. I'm willing to wade through "Your group sucks" comments to get some nice criticism. I would never post defending the group, though.
>>
>>9548799
I meant, sunrise was mentioned by someone who wasnt sunrise. they didnt post a link of themselves hoping for comments. of course groups dont want their name here, and I dont think they did either. it happens to other groups too, like aidolls just now.

I dont like it when groups post links to promo themselves. a few threads ago some australian groups did that.
>>
>>9548734
Stella (or what fucking real name she has) was the anon who posted all those instagram screenshots? Wow, the drama intensifies
>>
>>9548833
I don't think that was 100% confirmed but considering that it was from her spam instagram account which has like 10 followers and there was also screenshots of uncensored messages between mimi and stella, it was either a really shitty friend of hers or her herself.
>>
>>9548448
What's wrong with Starlight? I met them at a con once and they seemed okay, I know they've been losing members though
>>
>>9548836
It was her. Stella has 2 spam accounts and the bottom of one of the images, was the icon to her other account.
>>
>>9548856
Still the funniest thing to happen on this forum. She didn't even try to be sneaky about it.
>>
>>9547669
Thanks, I'll have a look at them. Asking locals hasn't really been helping because everyone knows a million different groups, I had no idea how to narrow it down.

>>9547670
This is what I hear a lot of, that despite how good or decent they might be, the way the members of the group act make many people dislike them. I feel like it's asking too much to just want to join a group and work hard rather than fight for popularity and/or exposure too quickly, especially here.
>>
It is hilarious how you can tell which posts are by Sunrise and Stellure members in this thread
>>
>>9547670
For Sunrise, they have a lot of potential, but all their videos constantly change angles/shots so it's hard to tell if they're actually talented or not, since they can just choose another take if they mess up. And since they're constantly zooming in you never know if they're together as a whole group or not. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they posted a live video or even just a video that shows all of them dancing start to finish with no cuts, that's how you can judge the true talent of a group.
>>
>>9548901
My thoughts exactly.

I went to watch a video to see what they were like, but there were so many zooms I couldn't actually tell if it looked good or not...

So Sunrise girl! If you're reading. Please talk to you group about how your videos are filmed. Or maybe consider uploading an edited and unedited version?
>>
>>9548869
EPS is a high school club. Its Elgin Park, Zeus is another group I forgot to mention
>>
>>9545092
It looks pretty similar to me.
>>
>>9548861
That's a real dog move. Trying to backpedal so hard so cgl likes you?? How pathetic.
>>
>>9548923
Both versions would be good! Follow Your Kokoro posted two versions of their No Brand Girls dance cover - one with all the cuts and camera angles, and one straight take with a stationary camera.
>>
>>9549235
I don't think Anon's "you" was meant to be actually addressing you...
>>
File: sgsd.png (16KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
sgsd.png
16KB, 500x301px
>>9549235
not that anon but
>>
>>9549245
FRICK NOW I SEE THE POINT.
>>
>>9549247
Deleted, ignore my shame. Carry on folks.
>>
>>9549252
It's ok anon, don't feel bad. Everyone makes mistakes
>>
So Idolized (the group from the last thread with the notably questionable t-shirts) posted a preview of their first real PV and it's... something... https://www.instagram.com/p/BWKzsUghcXB/?taken-by=vestiilya
(I hope the link works I'm no good at this stuff)
>>
>>9549449
That nico is so sad. The maki has the moves down but actually needs to hold back some energy. Too much energy can look just as awkward with too little. It doesn't look like they practiced in front of a mirror with everyone off sync. They still have a long way to go.
>>
>>9548850
They're nice when they have an image to uphold

When you look at their personal accounts, member relationships become strained and then suddenly a graduation is announced

They've lost what looks like 3 members this year? Plus the bullshit with their old Hanayo from last year? Something's just not right with that group
>>
>>9537815
Honestly I think this is better than most of the garb usually posted. The dance is simple, yea. The outfits are cute, and the backdrop is simple but effective.

>>9544862
Cute, good for them.

>>9545092
"slightly similar" or "blatant ripoff"
>>
>>9549476
That thing with their Hanayo was really weird. I was really confused as to why they were guests at A-Kon considering they aren't as well established as some other groups until I saw their new Hanayo was a voice actress for Funimation
>>
>>9549647
I mean new Rin my bad
>>
>>9549647
They were probably only guests because the people who run ANT also help out at A-kon

They never replaced their Rin, cringey has been the Rin since day 1 I think

The new Hanayo is sweet, I've talked to her a few times before she joined PS
>>
File: IMG_1183.jpg (120KB, 640x909px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1183.jpg
120KB, 640x909px
If Mimi's right, I'm actually pretty excited.
>>
>>9549806
for the low low price of $1 a month you too can hear the song 3 WHOLE DAYS early
>>
>>9549813
Why on earth would anyone be that impatient? I get that they're trying to raise money, but that's not a very good incentive..
>>
>>9549823
they dont have many patreons, it looks like they get about $5 a month through it. Probably close friends or something
>>
>>9549449

t-shirts? of what
>>
>>9549828
Probably because their biggest fans are broke, weeby tweens
>>
>>9549449
>>9549468

I think they're at least trying but man they need more practice
>>
File: cringe.png (2MB, 1081x960px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.png
2MB, 1081x960px
>>9549843
>>
File: 100.png (21KB, 253x411px) Image search: [Google]
100.png
21KB, 253x411px
>>9549823
>>9549828
Wouldn't it make more sense for the $1-tier rewards to be the behind-the-scenes pictures and then the $5-tier to be early access to the song (but like at least 2 weeks earlier, not just 3 days)?

The $100-tier rewards are shit. You could buy all 6 charms for $30, so you'd basically be paying $70 extra for a letter and video of someone saying thanks, and for some behind-the-scenes pictures (of which they're currently are none on their Patreon) that you could have gotten for $5.
>>
>>9549906
getting it 2 weeks early would mean them actually putting time into their releases
>>
the song is very boring btw
>>
>>9549792
What happened to their old Hanayo? They don't have a lot of content with her in it so I can assume she wasn't there long enough or the break was bad.
>>
>>9549954
nice try
>>
>>9549971
Considering the fact that she took over their account and started deleting things, not at all
>>
>>9549977
What...what does this mean lmao. I listened to a bit of it and it's really just ugly sounding, not exciting, monotonous, and their harmonization is godawful.
>>
>>9549977

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym8fg8vl3y5sx5e/Letsgobaby.mp4?dl=0
>>
>>9550019
Yikes. Thanks for sharing, even though you probably shouldn't be.

Oh.. oh.. This? This is bad. It's.... better? The editing is better but the voices are still awful.
>>
>>9550026
i dont really care, anyone can upload it if they want to
>>
>>9550026
it sounds like a karaoke backtrack
>>
>>9550019
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym8fg8vl3y5sx5e/Letsgobaby.mp4?dl=0

I actually enjoyed the first 11 seconds of instrumental it's actually pretty catchy. Have to agree with it being kind of monotone and not a lot of emotion but at least their vocal recording quality is there. I'm just not a huge fan of the lyrics and how the tempo for singing parts feels like a metronome which is why it ends up boring.
>>
>>9550019
Alright, you've got me
>>
>>9550042
Being completely honest, if the vocal pieces had emotion it'd be decent enough. Being monotonous for most of it killed the song, all the art and build up made it look like the song was going to be a high energy high emotion get up and jump/dance song and that wasn't delivered. I had hope for Stellure and they failed to deliver what they built up to
>>
>>9548460
Second
>>9548642
YOU can post something nice about any of these groups. I try to say something positive about all the videos that have any aspect of quality. Why not?

>>9549449
Why hasn't anyone talked about her shoe falling off?

>>9550019
Thanks anon
I won't be singing this as much as I hum Bright Future. But it's a real step up. It's probably much easier to coordinate two girls than a whole gaggle.
>>
>>9550051
Agreed. It sounds like they wanted to be ~mysterious~ but it just comes across as lazy and emotionless. I'm really interested to see the choreography they dragged together for this.
>>
>>9550019
I think the lyrics are the biggest problem here, they're so repetitive. I found myself checking the time code to see how much time was left a few times. Mimi sounds a million times better than she did in Bright Future, I will say that! They're getting better, little by little.
>>
>>9550019
They really need someone better to write the lyrics. It's very monotonous and repetitive. Their editing is better but it still sounds like they're recording in a garage. Like other anons mentioned, it also has no emotion whatsoever.
>>
>>9550054

omg I hope they cut out the part where Nozomi loses her shoe even if it is kinda funny
>>
>>9549468
I actually disagree with the Maki having the moves down. Starting from the point where she runs to the center for Maki's solo, her footwork and arms are a flailing mess and I was worried that she would trip or fall over. At least she has energy.

I'm kind of amused that this is their messiest cover considering they performed in heels and they're just wearing flat shoes here. Maybe heels help them feel more like idols and more conscious of how they're dancing?
>>
>>9550019
The song sounds pretty better than BF (instumental and voice) but remember BF was a disaster. Make it better than a shit don't make it good. This is just bad.
>>
>>9550019
this is MILES better than Brught Future, I'll give them that. The editing is way better in comparison.

Their voices need more energy in the chorus especially, but this shows that they're learning.
>>
>>9550019
It may just be me, but the monotonous voices kind of fit the song? Like yes it could have a bit more emotion but if you're looking for energetic with this kind of song, you're looking in the wrong place. I agree with >>9550075 about the lyrics. They really aren't the best and are kind of empty. Like what are we going for? I also noticed parts of this song are using the same loops from Bright Future. The composer should've not done that but I hope it's the last time they do it. It is a step up from Bright Future but with the shots from Mimi's Instagram, I feel like the MV swill be too bright for the songs feeling.
>>
>>9550019
It's much easier on the ears than Bright Future, that's for sure! I agree with what everyone's saying about it being monotonous and boring. They do need more interesting lyrics and a more variable lyric melody. Still, it shows that they have the ability to improve, so let's hope they continue to improve.
>>
>>9550019
this song had a good buildup for a banging drop but nothing happened
>>
File: 20170706_152703.png (2MB, 1440x2270px) Image search: [Google]
20170706_152703.png
2MB, 1440x2270px
Minty
>>
>>9550540
Wow fuck. Let me try again. Minty Pop's first single is going to be out in 5 days!
>>
>>9550540
>>9550543
This info already posted 3 days ago by >>9544697.
>>
>>9550611
Woops. Well, we have a release date now so that's something, I guess.
>>
I actually like Let's Go Baby. Yeah, the vocals need work still and they sound a bit monotone but it's SO much better than Bright Future. I'm not very hopeful but I'm looking forward to seeing the MV
>>
Is anyone else super annoyed when idol groups don't uphold the image they set for themselves? There are so many groups out there that act more like wanna be hip-hop artists.
>>
>>9550540
She's cute tho
>>
facebook: MintyPopOfficial/videos/246121299226794/

They did another teaser. It's refreshing to see a group has actually set up and tried to record a proper way. I'm actually excited.
>>
>>9550813
Gah, it's so nice to see idols put effort into original music. I hope Minty Pop's video blows Stellure's out of the water.
>>
>>9550813
I'm excited too although it worries me we still haven't heard their voices. I hope this won't be another stellure kek (so far they seem much more professional though plus I'm pretty sure minty pop girls are actually adults with dancing and vocal training)
>>
>>9550952
I think it will. They had an actual set and lights. They did a shot blog while on set.

>>9550955
I hope so too. They were picked through an audition too so there's that.
>>
>>9551073
I didn't know they auditioned! No wonder they're better.
>>
>>9547654
My sides are still in orbit from an anon 2 threads ago calling Luna "mold-chan" due to that unsightly wig.
>>
File: 20170707_070542.png (618KB, 720x1181px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_070542.png
618KB, 720x1181px
Has anyone spoken about this group yet?
>>
>>9551368
Oh god those wigs
>>
>>9551368
I watched their Snow Halation, it was hilarious.
>>
>>9551368
Kill those wigs
>>
>>9550813
I love idol songs with rock influences! Sounds pretty catchy so hopefully it's good.
>>
>>9551368
fuck. I dont even know where to begin with this one
>>
File: tumblr_o6h306gjKh1rioraco1_250.png (24KB, 181x220px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6h306gjKh1rioraco1_250.png
24KB, 181x220px
I think I've decided that my favourite thing about bad idol groups is that one person who doesn't know the dance and is constantly looking at everyone else to copy them. They always give me a good laugh.
>>
>>9551604
it's great how those people often get put in the front
>>
>>9551604
Or that one person with too much energy that does it right but still looks stupid
>>
>>9551368
That Umi though. No makeup or contacts, a horrific wig and a creepy af smile. And their Nozomi and Eli look just as horrendous. I think everyone's in agreement that those wigs should be burnt.
>>
I just want to make a facebook group about jpop dance.
Why does it have to be so hard?
>>
>>9551891
What... exactly is hard about that? What would the group entail?
>>
USA50 is starting up auditions again. Why won't this old hag realize none wants to join her group so she can play manager? She has kids she needs to be worrying about.
>>
>>9549476
If it's worth mentioning, I'm in the DFW community where Prostar is located.

The old Umi didn't even like Love Live, and a lot of the members didn't like her to begin with.

The old Hanayo (the most recent one, not the first one with the breakdown and social media takeover) was 30 years old and just didn't want to be performing anymore, I think?

If no one cares about this information, just ignore this post. I just figured I might mention it if someone was interested.
>>
>>9551368
God, their Umi is unfortunate

It's a shame; their Nico and Kotori are (kinda) cute
>>
>>9552125
I was actually still curious about the whole Prostar thing especially details about the first Hanayo since I could still find clips of her deep in the tags and she was by far the most awkward dancer I've ever seen. I think it's fine that the Umi wasn't into LL and joined because of friends but I guess that wasn't the case either.
>>
>>9549449
The way their Maki and Kotori move make them look legitimately retarded. Kotori's blatantly mismatching cosplay is so bad. On top of that, why would they upload a PV preview where Nozomi's (whose dancing is also slow and sad to watch) shoe falls off?
>>
>>9552157
Same anon, ofc.

She's a nice person, but she had a mental breakdown, I think? Now everyone in the comm stays away from her. She's tried out for multiple groups to no avail.

Most of the people in the group didn't like the last Umi. She was very controlling and refused to wear certain costumes because she didn't look good in them.

They won't be announcing the new members for a couple weeks, but the people chosen already know who they are. They scouted more than two people besides the two girls filling in for the girls that left.

Also: their Kotori, Nozomi, and Nico are genuinely very nice. I've had the pleasure of talking to them more than once outside of a professional context (at a meetup), and they're sweet.

If anyone else is curious about other stuff, just say so.
>>
>>9552180
While I've never met Starlight myself, my favorite group always speaks very highly of them. If they were actually drama causing people I don't think they'd be able to get along well with other Love Live groups.
>>
>>9552180
Same anon here too. I'm curious about their Maki? I've seen her a few times doing non love live dances as well and I get the feeling that she has really high standards and takes everything really seriously. Personally I think she's a good dancer in accuracy but also her dancing is so sharp it kind of hurts to watch sometimes. Also kind of curious about their Honoka but I can't really think of a reason why.

I'm glad that the first Hanayo wasn't actually an awful person but I get the feeling that the combination of her awkward dancing and the deleting incident doesn't make her a good candidate at all. LL cosplays are expensive so I don't blame the Umi for not wanting to buy costumes but if the other 8 girls are willing then I suppose it should be a necessary sacrifice.

I think their Kotori might be my favorite and I'm glad she's a sweet person. I did enjoy their Shangri La cover but I don't think I'm interested in getting to know them. I'm just here for the drama.
>>
>>9552180
You sound like you know them personally, anon. You part of the group? No wonder you've had to replace so many members if you guys are shit talking each other on /cgl/.
>>
>>9552211
Their Honoka is the face of the group. She's pleasant, but I don't know much about her. She's very professional. She gives me a mom-friend vibe.

Their Maki is nice, actually! A lot of people think she's mean because of her face and how she presents herself on social media, but she's really sweet. A little shy, honestly, but pleasant to be around. It might be how lanky she is that makes her dancing feel sharp and stiff, but I'm sure it's not just that.

The only drama I've heard from their group was the Hanayo incident. You actually hit it on the nose; she isn't a bad person, just went through a series of difficult breakdowns that led into one big mess. I can't foresee them bringing her back after that.

Their Kotori is a doll. You're definitely right to like her. She's really funny, too. If you get the chance and see them perform at a con, you should definitely talk to them.

>>9552203
Who is your favorite group?

>>9552222
Where am I shit-talking?

Also, the DFW comm doesn't really have secrets. They talk about this stuff openly. I know one of them personally, and I'm not trying to hide that.
>>
>>9552180
>>9552211
>>9552180
I really hope you're not talking about their current Kotori because she's a manipulative bitch. She blames her outbursts and how she treats people on her bipolar and is close to being kicked out of the maid club she's in because she threw a tantrum at a recent con and walked out.
>>
>>9552226
>>9552222
same anon?
>>
>>9552224
Whoa thanks for clarifying about the Maki and Honoka. Honestly, I need to stop making negative assumptions about groups brought up on here. I definitely assumed that the Maki would be the controlling one since she looks really serious in their practice videos but I guess that's just dedication. Kudos to her for keeping up with her social media presence. Her lankiness definitely adds to the sharpness but I'm not going to blame her for something she can't change because that would just be rude.

Unfortunately I am nowhere near Texas so I would never get a chance to see them. I do think their relationship with Love Notes is sweet.
>>
>>9552244
It's just easy to make assumptions on /cgl/. We all like drama.

Anon above is trying to make assumptions too, so I'll just stop before I make their case any worse for them. Nothing good will come of me talking about them, and they're in a vulnerable place right now as it is. But they don't seem like the type of people to check /cgl/, lol.
>>
>>9552226
I heard similar from some of the maids I know. She pretty much focused only on ProStar after committing to a lot for the club and wound up disappointing them.

I know a few members from PS as well and never heard anything bad about the Umi except she was super blunt and it looked bitchy a lot of the time? And this is coming from multiple members over a long period of time.

PS will die out just like all the other groups eventually. LL is being abandoned pretty damn fast.

From what I heard, nearly all the new members for ProStar are from other groups. Not the best business practice when you don't want to look shady.
>>
>>9552224
Love Notes
>>
>>9552248
Maybe if they all stopped vague posting at the same time assumptions wouldn't be made
>>
>>9552251
Pretty sure the leader of WS threw in the towel to join Prostar. I think she's one of the two members that replaced the old ones? It was a voluntary audition, so I can only assume they joined on their own accord.

>>9552253
Prostar and Love Notes are sister groups.
>>
>>9552260
So Love Notes is officially the only one? For a while there they were claiming a lot of groups as their sisters
>>
>>9552248
Their maki posted something on her story about people speaking badly of them on 4chan
>>
>>9552263
I don't think love notes is their sister group their members are just friends
>>
>>9552264
Went and checked her story, but it's not there. Did she post something a while back or recently?
>>
>>9552267
It was a while back, I remember seeing it. The Rin made a post about how mean it is to say Love Live groups can't dance so I'm sure she's in here too
>>
>>9552267
A while back, like two weeks ago
>>
>>9552267

I saw her story she claimed people on here were saying she was spoiled because she doesn't have job and her parents pay for everything when she's like 22. Idk I don't judge people's lifestyles
>>
>>9552271
Ah, well. I was thinking by the way it was phrased that it was more recent for some reason.
>>
>>9552272
It was a few videos. One addressed her "holier than thou" attitude and how it was her sense of humor to act better than others? Her literal words I didn't really get it

Said that she complained about money all the time bc she felt bad about her parents paying for everything but they won't let her get a job

Those are the only ones I remember
>>
>>9552276

oh yeah thank you I couldn't really remember

I think on social media she's like jokingly pretentious and people just take it too seriously. But she's mostly hated for being the pretty skinny one who can dance probably
>>
>>9552286
yeah she's the best of who's left for sure

Everyone else is off a lot more but not too badly to ruin the performance
>>
>>9552288
Idk, their Nico is really good.
>>
>>9552226
Sounds more like the old one than the current one.

The head of the cafe was drunk during the entire con. That cafe is a fucking mess.
>>
>>9552295
Are you talking about Neko Neko or another cafe? Isn't the head maid of Neko Neko the leader of SHEawase?
>>
>>9552180

Didn't the Umi not go to A-Kon? was there some drama that went down?
>>
>>9552299
She graduated right after A-kon ended. I didn't hear about drama.
>>
>>9552290

their one full group PV got taken down for copyright I think but I'm curious how good they are together
>>
>>9552298
It was one of the head maids in charge of performances at the cafe. It was a complete fucking mess.

I don't know what she's involved in, just that a lot of people complained that she was never doing her job. That made it hard on everyone performing because she was basically never there.
>>
>>9552298
Oh shit, sorry. I was talking about Neko Neko. Not to mention it's full of weeaboos.
>>
File: Umi?.png (2MB, 1080x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Umi?.png
2MB, 1080x1075px
>>9552301

idk Umi isn't their A-Kon pics
>>
>>9552310
She was at their performances? Idk.
>>
>>9552312
She was off doing her own thing with other cosplay groups, they probably didnt even want her there if shes as bitchy as everyone is saying
>>
>>9552302
They have their live posted on their Facebook page
>>
>>9552331

thank thank

they're good performers, actually. idk how long they'll last tho, having that amount of member turnover isn't easy
>>
>>9540747
Mami, Hibiki, and Takane might be salvagable. Also, why is there no Makoto?
>>
What dances are you guys working on right now? I just started Realize by iRis, my first non LL dance. Good golly are real life dances harder.
>>
>>9552468

Party Time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9O9IJgIUSk

I'm also about to learn a solo of Bokura wa Ima no Naka De. I've learned a few LL songs, but not any solo versions. A lot of LL dances rely on having several people dancing together to make them look cool, so I'll have to pull enough stuff from all the parts to make 1 really energetic, interesting solo. Hopefully that will be a challenge even if the dance itself is easy!
>>
>>9552514
Oh my gosh Party Time was one of my favorite SC openings! My favorite Guardians 4 song is actually one of their B-sides, Summer has come. I hope you have fun with it since it's such a catchy fun song! (Nakky is my favorite)
>>
>>9552180
Tbh I'm curious as to why the Umi just decided to leave right after akon. And I'm game to hear any juicy info you might have on the group if there's any more, good or bad.
>>
>>9552545
I can only imagine it was because of tension. I really don't know why it took so long.

There's really nothing juicy about Prostar...? All the girls are actually friends, and they really don't have drama in their circle that's worth mentioning.
>>
https://youtu.be/P79e7ZUyj2o

https://youtu.be/XxcfwXQaEL0

Minty pop are suddenly becoming more active
>>
>>9552822
Miley's voice surprised me holy shit
Anyway they all sound pretty good, I'm wondering how they'll balance their voices though because everyone else sounds much deeper/more mature than miley (could just be the song choice tho)
>>
It exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxVEsjZgCjY
>>
File: 47c.jpg (57KB, 816x640px) Image search: [Google]
47c.jpg
57KB, 816x640px
>>9552836
i dont know why i was expecting any improvement
>>
>>9552836
It was honestly a step-up from Bright Future, but they REALLY need to work on energy and sync. Especially Tauri, she just seemed so out of it. Also, possibly a new camera the quality was a bit of a downgrade from Bright Future if you ask me. Better than bright future, but still needs A LOT of work.
>>
>>9552836
vocals are actually not to bad in this one.. when their on their own. but mixed their not harmonizing well.

the dance is to stiff. and they look like they came up with it 5 minutes before the video
>>
>>9552836
God, was this filmed on an early 2000s Nokia?

It's better than Bright Future at least. Bad choice of location, dance moves were slow and kinda boring (though thats the same as the song I guess), worst part was probably that weird slow walking in a circle bit.

Also the bits where they spoke at the end were kinda cringey. Though the audio for those parts sounded really clear, so I don't get why they seem to have trouble recording vocals....
>>
>>9552822
Miley and Renee are the only ones with voices I see working in pop songs. Kerry and Sadie are both really average and sound monotone/weak. Sophie's voice is very indie/folk style and while objectively it's pretty nice, I can't imagine that translating into pop music.

I'm kinda dissapointed by these samples in all honestly. Oh well.
>>
>>9552836

idk for me it's a massive step down. Yeah the singing for bright future sucks, but the video quality is way better, the song itself is kind of catchy, and in the video most of them seem like they actually care.

Here Mimi and Tauri just look like they want to die and that choreography had zero effort put into it. I appreciate the autotune tho.
>>
>>9552836

There's too much dead space in the dance. I bet if you added it all up about half of it would be of them standing still and holding a pose. It's all well and good thinking of doing 'vogue dances' as I like to call them (Think Mogyutto) but its another to have a chain of dance moves and link them together to form a cohesive dance.
>>
>>9552836
oh my god, how did they get worse??
>>
>>9552836
The sad thing about this is they did a bunch of different angles only for it to look like shit. The lyrics are bad, their space is not only too empty but also small (as seen by overhead shots) so their movements look restricted. As for the quality, it's still 1080 but they seem to have done something to it where it's not full screen. It's really a "two steps forward, one step back" situation. They also need to have story lines.
>>
>>9552468
i'm working on a solo version of Loneliest Baby, but just because I love the song. I recently learned Happy Synthesizer after years of putting it off.
>>
Seeing this now, I don't know if I should be excited or worried to see what that other subgroup has in store. They have decent singers from what I recall, we've already heard some of the lyrics( which I thought was pretty good) but jesus christ do I hope that they do better in their dancing.
>>
>>9552836
I have never been so bored. Honestly, the camerawork, the dead dance, their emotionless expressions, the soulless vocals, and the repetitive song made this unbearable. Why put so much effort into almost decent costumes, if you're just gonna shoot on a potato and use awful angles and an unappealing dance?
>>
>>9552836
Behold, the most boring idol choreo to ever exist.
>>
>>9552836
That shot at 1:58 where you can see the cameraperson holding up the camera in the window's reflection. Honestly, how can they put so much money and effort into the outfits but not even get a tripod or a stabilizer? Shaky cameras ruin recordings. The video is awkward as hell too. I like the music and vocals of this one more than Bright Future, but the video is ten times worse. It's boring and shaky, and the dance has zero energy or effort. It would have been better as a MV style video, with some dance clips, some clips focused on the outfits (maybe a slow pan to show them off) and some non-dance clips. And for gods sake pick a better location lmao
>>
File: IMG_1197.jpg (201KB, 640x1042px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1197.jpg
201KB, 640x1042px
Hey look guys, we made it to Net Idol Confessions! I wonder who lurks here? Also, I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that a dance needs to look more professional, just more polished.
>>
>>9552836
I like the bit where Mimi looks at Tauri doing her solo instead of staying in her pose.
>>
>>9552847
They're honestly just not pretending to be idols, they're pretending to be anime characters, which is somehow much worse
>>
>>9552836
The fact that they only practiced the dance for a weekend prior to recording is really apparent. It looks like they had to relearn the moves before each take. The way they both lip-sync during each other's solos is weird. Such a drab location too. As for the song itself, the instrumental is somewhat of an improvement over Bright Future but the vocals and lyrics are somehow even more lifeless and boring.

>>9552822
Kerry and Sadie's voices are meh, but the rest of them sound kind of cute. I'm very curious as to how they'll all sound together.

>>9552970
It's one thing to be flawed, it's another to consistently be sloppy and lifeless in your performances and not put in the effort to improve yourself.
>>
>>9552979
Entirely agreed with your last reply. "Oh, we're not professional" is never an excuse for looking like you practiced exactly one time.
>>
>>9552836
If anybody from Stellure is looking, I'm dropping my throw away email in case you want to contact me for choreography help. I can see you all have the basics down but it might be helpful to have an outside source contribute to the creation of the dance. Hit me up if you're interested.
>>
New thread >>9553019
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.