[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any quick and easy cosplay ideas for males? Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: inuyasha-cosplay-4.jpg (313KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
inuyasha-cosplay-4.jpg
313KB, 650x456px
Anyone have any quick and easy cosplay ideas for males?

Just bought tickets for my first con that's in a week. I was just going to go in regular cloths since it's on such short notice, but I thought it might be more fun if I dressed up.
>>
A simple character from a series you enjoy.

Also it seems like we don't have an active suggestions thread, someone should make one.
>>
>>9536791
Anything you try to put together within a week will likely look like trash. Avoid looking terrible and plan better for next con.
>>
>>9536805
Not true, there are tons of characters who wear regular clothes you can find in a thrift store. Won't be very "cosplay-y" I guess, but given OPs time frame I think he's fine with that.
>>
buy a pokemon plushie and attack it to your shoulder.

Instant pokemon trainer.
>>
>>9536817
Anyone have that dA pic of the fat fucker in a white shirt and jeans complaining that no one recognized his super awesome Shinji cosplay?
>>
>>9536791
a week isn't much time to throw together anything impressive.

if you want my advice, always go to your first con in normal clothes so you can be comfortable and free to do whatever you want, which will allow you to explore at your own pace and adapt to a con environment. this is especially true for larger cons where you'll tend to really underestimate how exhausting they are until you get there.

remember to plan further ahead next time though!
>>
File: android 18.jpg (223KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
android 18.jpg
223KB, 774x1032px
>>9536828
If you think that's the best representation of cosplaying in buy-able clothes, then I feel bad for you.
>>
>>9536791
>>9536831
also be aware that it's much harder to meet people and make friends if you aren't wearing cosplay, since you and they won't have the social crutch of asking for a picture to start the conversation
>>
>>9536817
This is along the lines of what I was thinking of. Basically looking for recommendations of anime characters that wear a t-shirt and jeans.

>>9536825
>buy a pokemon plushie and attack it to your shoulder.

lol not a bad idea.

>>9536840
>also be aware that it's much harder to meet people and make friends if you aren't wearing cosplay, since you and they won't have the social crutch of asking for a picture to start the conversation

This is the main reason actually why I wanted to cosplay. I was hoping to be able to socialize with people there.
>>
>>9536839
No, but OP isn't going to look any better when he doesn't even know what he is going to do yet.
>>
File: 1464141510336.jpg (650KB, 1325x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1464141510336.jpg
650KB, 1325x1190px
Whatever you do, just make sure you iron your stuff else it always looks like trash. Using a bit of iron hardener makes it look flawless all day too.

If you own like a schooluniform look-a-like suit/blazer you can wear it with a dress shirt and cardigan - Somewhat of a cosplay and easy to put together.
>>
>>9536973
>iron hardener
I've never heard of that. Do you mean starch? Like you would put on a dress shirt to keep it stiff?
>>
>>9536973
The worst part is, it's not even that people didn't recognize him because Touma has a generic outfit. L from Death Note has a pretty boring outfit and L cosplays are still easy to spot, because there are a few key details that stand out. This guy missed the red patterns on Touma's shoes, the orange undershort, and wore regular blue jeans instead of navy slacks and still expects to be recognized?
>>
>>9536840
>also be aware that it's much harder to meet people and make friends if you aren't wearing cosplay, since you and they won't have the social crutch of asking for a picture to start the conversation

Generally speaking, what's the ratio of cosplayers to people wearing everyday-clothes at cons?
>>
>all the autism in this thread

Jesus Christ, do this OP:
>>9536797
>A simple character from a series you enjoy.
Have a bit of fun, meet people, don't let these fuckers make you take things too seriously
>>
>>9537083
It's like 100 to 1. There aren't that many cosplayers, anon is just saying that its easier to strike up a convo if you have something people can talk about. Wear a shirt or pin from a series you like, that works just as well. Surely you can DIY a shirt from a freezer paper stencil and some fabric paint if you're really in a hurry.
>>
>>9537197
*I mean 100 to one, regular people to cosplayers
>>
>>9537083
nerdy people usually have bad social skills and a cosplay or nerdy shirt makes it easier to start a conversation instead of a cold approach, by giving you a reason to talk to them.
>>
>>9537197
>>9537202
In thay case I'll probably just pick up a Death Note or Kingdom Hearts t-shirt at Hot Topic or something. I was mainly concerned about cosplay being a prerequisite for socializing at cons.
>>
>>9536982
Not a native english speaker, but yes I mean spray on starch.
>>
>>9538198
Idk where the other anon got 100 to 1 from. Sounds like he/she hasn't been to very many cons. It's much closer to 15/85 in favor on non-cosplayers.

And being in cosplay absolutely makes you more likely to meet people than just being in a shirt related to a certain series. Though I guess the shirt is better than nothing.
>>
File: BoKjtLiLZizzS3gEyEGM6K.jpg (2MB, 4377x1696px) Image search: [Google]
BoKjtLiLZizzS3gEyEGM6K.jpg
2MB, 4377x1696px
Bumping this thread.

I just won a ticket to a Con and thought I'd dress up. Looking for something relatively simple. Preferably covering my head, and showing off my abs.

I'm planning to go as Flagellant from Darkest Dungeon, but I'm torn because [spoiler]there will be people there who know I'm interested in BDSM and I don't want to look like some freak who always has to wear his fetishes on his sleeves.[/spoiler]
>>
>>9542410
I'd say do it. Flagellant is distinctive/fantasy enough. And awesome.
>>
File: cardboardgundam.jpg (106KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
cardboardgundam.jpg
106KB, 426x640px
>>9536791
you can always do cardboard gundam
>>
>>9542410
Slightly off-topic but I'm currently working on the Jester, and I'm so excited to see other Darkest Dungeon cosplays!
>>
>>9542591
these are the best, especially if you go 'all out' and paint it shitty and have a helmet and terrible beamsword.
>>
>>9542440
Alright, I guess I'll go with it... gotta check with the con to see what safeties the flail needs.

>>9542604
If the con wasn't in two weeks, I'd totally recruit a Darkest Dungeon crew, and we could like, walk in single file and freak out over stupid things
>>
File: petals must fall.jpg (121KB, 575x629px) Image search: [Google]
petals must fall.jpg
121KB, 575x629px
>>9542665
I hope your cosplay kicks ass. I love that character. Favorite hero design, along with the Leper, pic related.

I like him for reasons too. In part. I suppose.

And hey, don't forget your theme song! I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k
>>
>>9536973
Why would you want to cosplay as touma anyways? He's a pure physical character pardon his hand that can nullify anything.

At least go with a character that looks cool. I've been reading the light novels as they've been coming out in english and so far Saiji Tatemiya is the only one I've thought that would be cool to cosplay as.
>>
>>9536805

You can make a good ryu or ken(depending on your race, sand people and black guys obv don't apply) costume in a matter of hours since all his shit is available on any sports centre/amazon, just gotta rip off the upper and lower sleeves properly.

The problem is, actually being buff enough to cosplay as him without embarassing yourself, which takes years.
>>
>>9542770

Actually, how would you do the right hand? I was thinking I'd just get (paint?) a red, tight fitting glove (latex maybe?).
>>
>>9546151
... or just dump my hand in blood colored liquid latex. That works too.
>>
>>9546198
Yeah. I don't think it'll be a problem if it looks messy, it's supposed to be blood after all.
The hardest part of your costume would probably be the flail.

Do post pictures when you're done. I'm curious. I haven't seen THAT many DD cosplays.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.