[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Help Thread Cont.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 92

File: 1198.jpg (85KB, 366x360px) Image search: [Google]
1198.jpg
85KB, 366x360px
The usual, ask for help and give help.
>>
Old thread >>9524445
>>
I asked my question right as the last thread ended, how do you repoof a lolita petticoat?
>>
>>9535277
I know, but they're 25$, hard to get, and that's without shipping it from some shady country. I was looking for alternatives as I don't need much. I have polyester resin and I need a translucent green tinted result.
But i figured i'm just going to airbrush the surface and then put leds under it
>>
>>9536051
>>9536053
My bad actually, I meant "paint", not "spray". I didn't know this at all, though, so I appreciate the heads-up.
>>
>>9536093
>25$, hard to get, and that's without shipping it from some shady country

The fuck? Dude, the sell them at Michael's.
>>
>>9536283
we don't have michaels in europe. Not everyone lives in the USA
>>
>>9536301
but europe does have hobby stores, right?
or is europe that dumpy?
>>
>>9536312
I went to the most detailed hobby store chain there is here and they didn't have anything that would work. All they sell is shitty ironing beads and alcohol pens. There is one casting store in amsterdam I tried, and they didn't have anything for polyester resin.
It's ok though, i'm just not going to dye it and airbrush on top, would have nearly the same effect.
>>
>>9536301
Then why did you say 25$ when you're in Europe. What are we supposed to assume from that statement
>>
>>9536315
That will not have the same effect at all. The best way to get the effect, without dying the resin, would be to pain the flat bottom of it, and cover that with a silver backing.
>>
>>9536316
>What are we supposed to assume from that statement

if it sounds over priced, that obviously means they are from europe?
i dunno. that anon is dumb.
>>
>>9536345
No he thought so because there was a $ sign, but you can't type an euro sign easily

>>9536323
Going to put a led strip under it, i just want it to appear green when the leds are off aswell
>>
>>9535930
Chuck it in the dryer. It won't get it all the way back to its former glory, but it helps.
>>
>>9536454
>No he thought so because there was a $ sign

uh no shit. I was being facetious, anon.
>>
>>9536454
€€€€€

It isn't fucking hard. It's like. Actually really fucking easy. From a phone it is half a second. From a keyboard just fucking type out Euro if you can't be assed to character map it.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 179x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 179x472px
So I want to have my sword glow, I don't want to use TranspArt even though that seems the easiest to use, but I'd like to know if any other plastics could work?
>>
File: 14986812498671655999840.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14986812498671655999840.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
The gloss finish appears to be done drying, but I'm not going to touch it much for another day just in case.

Any ideas on the visor though? It has to be cut into a specific shape. Is there a way I can buy a motorcycle visor and just Dremel it?
>>
>>9536454
>Going to put a led strip under it, i just want it to appear green when the leds are off aswell

Painting over top of it will not help it glow. What you want to do is insert the led into the resin before it fully cures, but not when it is still very liquid. it should have a jello like consistency. Then, when it is full cured, paint the back of it, and then back that with silver paper. then, connect the led to your power source.
>>
>>9536662
You can buy a visor, but you can also just buy a sheet of plastic. Or something like TranspArt would work well.
Also, if you ever need to paint a straight line, tape off the areas you don't want painted first. It will look so much cleaner.
>>
File: 5377128-batboy.jpg (62KB, 291x426px) Image search: [Google]
5377128-batboy.jpg
62KB, 291x426px
>>9536684
>tape off the areas
I did, the tape was bad though as the paint managed to slip through some pieces. I'm going by hand next time and I'm going to cut a groove out in the section I need painted along with some better tape.

>TranspArt plastic
Won't that require setting up some time consuming machine? On top of dipping it in dye for hours?
>>
>>9536696
pretty sure you can just get some sheets of semi-transparent plastic, cut it out, fold it in the center, and glue it on

if all else fails buy a bottle of root beer and heat flatten it then do what I said above

Also I've been following your progress and for how contrived the process has been, it's come out rather well. Obviously wasn't the best way to go about making it but it's still better than a lot of cosplay pieces you see in the wild.
>>
>>9536662
>>9536716
Oh yeah and I just realized this but you could have avoided the bleeding on those black strips by "stenciling" them with masking tape to stop runoff.
>>
>>9536696
>Won't that require setting up some time consuming machine? On top of dipping it in dye for hours?

Unless you consider a heat gun and a stove time consuming machines, then no. As for dyeing it "for hours", 20 min in a dye bath of iDye Poly will get you a very deep set dye color.

http://www.worbla.com/?p=5182 there's how to do it.
>>
This >>9535850 anon again. Forgot to mention it but I'm still a bit of a newbie on actually making costumes, so I still have some questions.

1) What's the best website from which to order these metallic vinyl sheets? Would you recommend any brands or do cheaper ones from China on eBay work fine?
2) Would it be a good idea to glue the finished parts to the shirt/skirt? Should they be sewn? Or should that be done in any other way?
>>
>>9536654
PETG
>>
>>9536654
vacuum form clear PTEG
>>
File: fidget-spinner-green.png (145KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
fidget-spinner-green.png
145KB, 530x530px
I'm working on a fidget spinner cosplay and need some help with the rotating motion. My face will be in the center of the spinner and the actual spinning "wings" will be slightly in front of me so that they don't hit my body. The only issue is that I can't figure out what to use to connect EVA foam in order to allow it to spin.
>>
>>9536481
Thanks! What setting?
>>
How would you apporach this guys glowing eye so that the iris would move?

I can't put scleras on my eyes but basic contact lenses yes. I thought of making a latex part which with a a foggy lens (which I could see through and others as well to se eye movement) add LED's to the sides, cover them so they won't shine my eyes and then covering it with tinted clear worbla. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>9537032
something like this? and maybe tweak it a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFlPOY17oK8
>>
>>9537032
off the top of my head, you could do just a regular LED, or if you want movement, something arduino controlled to move around. you wouldn't get 1:1 movement to match your other eye, but idk how you'd do that without using a camera to track your eye or attaching something to your iris, which sounds unsanitary.
>>
I'm trying to finish painting one of my pieces, but the painting tape keeps ripping up my layers of mod podge and primer/paint. I'm trying to fix it without stripping everything and redoing it, but this is the third time. is this common?

It's an armor piece of Eva I used Wood Filler on to harden and shape a little, then mod podge and primer, then paint.
>>
>>9537162
my guess is that the layer below it might not have cured properly or maybe the painting tape youre using is meant for hard to stick surfaces so the adhesion might be a little too much for mod podge. im sure there might be other factors as well but those two are what ive experienced before in the past when i had this kind of issue.

if you still have problems, then just try painting without the painter tape. just use a super fine paint brush and paint slowly.
>>
File: Screenshot_245.png (444KB, 638x637px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_245.png
444KB, 638x637px
i'm looking for a school uniform for a pop team epic cosplay. what's the chinese letters for it? i will probably buy it from taobao if there arent other cheap stores what sell similar ones.
>>
>>9537568
went to google translate and typed in "sailor uniform", got "水手制服", which seems to turn up favorable results
>>
I've posted in a diff thread but I'm sorry for asking but

My package from China has been acting all kinda of weird.
"Posted in Shahe, has been voted"
Does anyone have any idea what this means? I have a feeling customs said no and is sending it back to my agent
>>
>>9537568
I think Bodyline might still have something similar but their stocking is a crapshoot atm.

It looks similar to Haruhi Suzumiya's uniform (except with a less deep V-neck) so you could search for Haruhi cosplays as well.
>>
anyone know any plus size friendly otome brands?
>>
I've been trying to find some Harry Potter wizard-looking clothes with no luck. I tried 4 different thrift stores and 3 different consignment shops and not found a single suitable article of clothing.
Where should I be looking to find what I need? I'd like to have an entire outfit ready to go in a few weeks to wear to the local children's hospital(the kids have all been reading and watching Harry Potter and going nuts for it) so I'm kind of desperate.
>>
>>9538142
That's a pretty vague description. Are you trying to go for wizards in robes? Specific characters? From the books? From the movies? Decide who you want to look like and then come back with better questions. "How do I dress like Snape from the boggart scene of the 3rd movie?" is going to get you better answers than, "dress me plz."
>>
File: BFIUoKdCYAArq_f[1].jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
BFIUoKdCYAArq_f[1].jpg
32KB, 600x450px
Can I do applique on a morph suit? I'm also worried about the placement of the zipper since it goes down the back/center of the design.
>>
>>9538174
Like I said, just "Harry Potter wizard-looking clothes." I'm not trying to look like any specific character. An outfit LIKE Gary Oldman's in >>9538142 would be great, but I'll settle for anything that would make kids think "that's from Harry Potter" when coupled with a wand.
>>
>>9538193
idk how you don't find anything at multiple thrift stores, if you want generic looking "wizard" clothing like that then your best bet would be vintage formalwear

maybe check etsy and look for vintage clothing?
>>
>>9538193
just wear a brown blanket and a harry potter toy wand.

I dont really think you know what youre looking for anyways despite saying you want "harry potter wizard-looking clothes".
>>
>>9535927
I'm 5'10 with an athletic build/ottermode. Are there any kinds of rogue-esque characters that I can play? Preferably a western fantasy character.

i really want to play to my build.

>tfw you will never be conan mode.
>>
>>9538184
You can absolutely do applique on spandex, but you are also right that zipper placement could make that design hard. You can always get a suit with a zipper somewhere else.
>>
>>9538200
You kinda seem like an asshole. Why are you an asshole?
>>9538194
The clothes I'm finding aren't vintage, they're just dated. Lots of graphic t-shirts, jeans, button ups in salmon, etc.
>>
File: Golden_Age_Saga.jpg (58KB, 350x482px) Image search: [Google]
Golden_Age_Saga.jpg
58KB, 350x482px
>>9538213
Well there's always the Golden Age Band of the Hawk characters from Berserk. Young Guts, Rikert, Judeau. It's not necessarily rougelike, but they definitely fit the western fantasy theme.

Then there's always Dark Souls armor sets.
>>
>>9538271
They are not trying to be an asshole, you are just being really obtuse. Just wearing older style clothes and carrying a wand around will not make anyone instantly think that you are from the Harry Potter world. Mostly because, aside from the robes and school uniforms, all casual clothes they wear are just normal clothes from the early-mid 90s.
If you want someone to think you are from that series, you're either going to have to get some hogwarts style robes, or do a lot of work to get the exact clothing and hairstyle of a specific character.
>>
>>9538213
Legolas
Indiana Jones
Han Solo
Westley (Princess Bride)

Though honesty if you want to cosplay Conan, just do it. The fact that you have muscles at all is a bonus.
>>
>>9538213
literally no one will care if you have muscles or not except braindead /fit/ crossboarders, but based on your use of x-mode in your post it seems like you're a /fit/ crossboarder yourself
>>
>>9538411
>>9538271

>If you want someone to think you are from that series, you're either going to have to get some hogwarts style robes, or do a lot of work to get the exact clothing and hairstyle of a specific character.

pretty much this. especially since youre just doing it for kids. if they see hogwarts robes, they will instantly know what it is and like it.

and if youre going for a sirius black type look.
All hes really wearing is a striped jacket, vest, and striped dress shirt. you can easily find those types of patterns on amazon. or probably even find something similar at jc penny or something.

like what that other anon said, though he did sound like an ass, hes right. it doesnt really sound like you know what you want.
>>
>>9538213
Don't listen to >>9538479 . He's trying to be encouraging but it's a lie that will do more harm than good. Everyone will care, especially if you're a small guy playing someone meant to be big. Or vice versa.

There's a reason a lot of the fags here post pics to same people in the "Bad cosplayer" threads.
>>
File: 981644385358ed102cc71f79cbf7c865.jpg (476KB, 1988x1000px) Image search: [Google]
981644385358ed102cc71f79cbf7c865.jpg
476KB, 1988x1000px
Any tutorials for boots?

I'm currently working on gloves and Bracers. For the gloves I'm just going to superglue some hand painted Eva foam and cardstock to some black gloves. Bracers are going to be EVA covered in fabric, but I need some large straps or clips to attach on them.
>>
>>9538615
Boot covers or Boot-boots?
>>
>>9538633
Which is best? I assume covers?
>>
File: goths.gif (2MB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
goths.gif
2MB, 374x374px
I know there are some former goths on cgl so I wanted to ask where to buy high quality goth clothing. I'm already aware of the japanese brands but I'm wondering if any of you have other recommendations.
>>
>>9538895
That discussion is better for /fa/, this board is for jfash and cosplay.
>>
>>9538603
legitimate bad cosplays are usually by braindead retards who actually cannot tell that a cosplay is unfitting for them

if you think you can pull it off, even if it's a bit of a stretch, go for it

nobody will care unless your cosplay looks like it was cobbled from ghetto trash
>>
>>9538925
jgoth is a thing and there's crossover in brands, it's not a totally inappropriate question.

>>9538895
Anon, if I knew I would tell you. I'm a former Western goth and I honestly find the quality of nearly everything disappointing emo shit. There are some US brands like Heavy Red that look quite nice but I haven't owned, but otherwise I tend to buy offbrand stuff and just have a few pieces of branded stuff for statement pieces (look cool but quality not great - stuff like Punk Rave and Restyle) and lots of goth boots. I think a pair of nice goth boots (New Rock are supposed to be the best but all my goth shoes are Demonia) and good make-up can really make an outfit even if it otherwise uses cheap pieces like offbrand fishnets and H&M clothes.

I end up buying a lot of stuff from jgoth brands, but a lot of them hold value really high and so are an investment - like Alice Auaa and h.NAOTO. Try looking through the goth section of Closet Child.
>>
>>9539000
>I'm already aware of the japanese brands but I'm wondering if any of you have other recommendations.

Western goth isn't really on topic. I'm not trying to be a dick, but those kinds of threads have gotten deleted.
>>
>>9539014
I get what you're saying but it's a help thread question, not an entire thread, so it's really unlikely to get deleted - no more so than questions/threads about finding larme items in H&M. If you look through any street snap site like Tokyo Fashion you'll see that brands like Demonia appear all the time, and some other "Japanese" goth brands like BLABLAHOSPITAL are actually western (UK) brands that market to Japan instead of the West because there's more money in it. Lots of lolitas buy from brands like Restyle as well.
>>
>>9538603
Literally no one cares about how buff you are except people from /fit/, get over yourself. People care much more about the quality of the costume and props you make
>>
>>9539159
Lmao, you keep telling yourself that kid.
See >>9538984

>but but bad cosplay
Lol no, I've seen the way you kids bicker fight and nit pick over everything. Anything from someone being too big/small for a cosplay Or too uggo.

I'm not a fan of lying to people, stop tying to set him up for failure.
>>
>>9539225
You do realize that 100% of the people who bitch about someone being too skinny or "dyel" are /fit/ Meatheads right? People on cgl care way more about the crafting than how much you bench or how /fit/ you think you are. If you want to cosplay something, then fucking do it.
>>
>>9539225
why did you refer to my post when I'm supporting the people you're arguing against?

I said if he thinks he can do it then he should. As long as you're fairly fit and have visible muscles (which the original posted said he does) then nobody is going to be bothered by you cosplaying a muscular character unless the costume itself is shit. You don't have to be Zyzz to pull it off.

Also most /fit/ users are shitposters who don't even lift themselves. Very few people there are actually ripped bodybuilders and they are more likely to be encouraging than shit on newbies since they actually made it and know what the process is like.
>>
If I want to enter a con's costume contest and I made both my boyfriend's costume and my own, but they're from different series, can we still enter together as one under the guise they're both made by me? I'm too shy to go on stage alone.
>>
>>9539321
You contradict yourself. You said bad cosplay are those that "cannot tell that a cosplay is unfitting for them.

>>9539277
So we're going to pretend that there aren't constant running threads by vendettas and others about how bad people are at cosplay because of how they don't fit the shape of the character???

Come on here guys, the only ones you're fooling is yourself.
>>
>>9539327
I believe so, but only your costume and act will be judged then. Make sure you communicate with the organisation about how they will treat it. If they don't know or aren't sure on it propose that first thing I said ^
>>
File: aK20rGW_700b.jpg (34KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
aK20rGW_700b.jpg
34KB, 700x393px
>>9538479
>>9538603
>>9538984
>>9539225
>>9539321
>>9539277
>>9539340

hey. hey. HEY.
This is help thread.
>>
>>9539356
My bad, I thought the anon was actually asking for help for a Conan cosplay instead of just /fit/ shitposting
>>
>>9539356
I am helping, they're giving false information. They're setting that guy up for failure.
>>
>>9539340
There's a difference between people who don't understand why their cosplay is bad and people who put in effort to bend a costume to work out regardless of incompatibility with the original character.

The people in bad cosplay threads who actually have bad cosplay are just so horribly oblivious to why they're bad. But if you're not retarded you can make a cosplay work even if it isn't a perfect match for you.
>>
>>9539340
>>9539375
Also who gives the fuck about what seagulls think? Make some plans for your costume and ask people who know what you look like for opinions on whether they think you can pull it off.
>>
I don't usually commission cosplay costumes, rather, I like to make my own, however for an upcoming con, my boss is looking to get professional movie quality costumes for his booth mascots.

I've been looking for days now, sending him every quality link I can find, but still it's not enough. Does anyone have links to amazing studios we could hire out? Money is not a problem.
>>
Has anyone ordered from Mercari JP before? How should I go about this? If I need a proxy, are there any recommendations?
>>
>>9539597
Japonica is I think the only shopping service that does Mercari. Their website is relatively straightforward and their prices are reasonable. Go take a look and see if you have any specific questions.
>>
>>9538345
Hrm. I like those choices. I'm not beautiful enough to be Griffith, though.

>>9538474
They're all to handsome. And no, I want to be juicing for my conan cosplay.

>>9538479
i'm not brain dead you fucker

>>9538603
that's what i was thinking
>>
>>9539600
Thank you!
>>
>>9539597
Chibitenshi does it too but her fees might be higher.
>>
File: 1492872764229.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492872764229.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
Hey /cgl/ I was wondering where the best place to find colored contact lenses is. Does anyone buy these? Are they safe?
>>
>>9539809
honey color and uniqso are the most popular stores
don't buy anything that isn't name brand on there like dolly or vassen or a few other brands. Cheap korean shit will scratch and ruin your eyes.
>>
>>9539809
I buy from Honey Color and have for years. Neo Vision brand lenses are super comfy but I usually throw em out after 6-7 months (though supposedly you can wear em for a year)
>>
File: poc.jpg (103KB, 550x420px) Image search: [Google]
poc.jpg
103KB, 550x420px
I'm having a heck of a time trying to find shoes/boots for Princess of the Crystal. I'm a half size, making shoe shopping difficult. I've already resigned myself to making boot covers because I have larger thighs/calves, but narrow ankles. I own a pair of boots with the perfect toe shape, heel and leg fit, but they are only knee high. My question is, would it be a stupid idea just to make 'spats' for a pair of boots I already have? I basically would make a strap that connects under the boot and just sew up a shaft that goes over top of it. Most boot cover tutorials suggest using a pair of heels, but I haven't found a relatively cheap pair that fits.
>>
>>9539952
That would work fine.
>>
File: wifehand.jpg (28KB, 747x767px) Image search: [Google]
wifehand.jpg
28KB, 747x767px
Best way to wash a costume with an ironed-on pattern?

Should I just hand-wash it in cold and hang it to dry?
>>
File: zeroescapewatch.jpg (103KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
zeroescapewatch.jpg
103KB, 600x450px
How do I make a watch prop?
>>
>>9539605
>too handsome
Anon, it's not a movie audition, it's cosplay. What about Nux from Mad Max: Fury Road? He's shirtless and everything.
>>
>>9540252
with materials and tools suited for creating a prop with the size and form factor of a watch

check aliexpress or whatever for popular accessories that might have chinese manufactured replicas

if you have to make it and don't care if it works then it's a lot easier than making a functional watch prop
>>
>>9540252
>>9540494
also that watch has an aksys logo on it so I'm assuming it's an official replica, so if that's the watch you're looking for you can probably find replicas by googling it

otherwise post a reference of the actual watch for suggestions on specific materials
>>
File: IMG_4817.png (131KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4817.png
131KB, 512x720px
What would be the best option for making the skirt? Would a box pleated rectangle skirt with horsehair braid in the hem have the same appearance? I was originally thinking of a circle skirt instead, but the way the pattern is shows that it isn't one.
>>
Are conventions kind of inclusive places? My sister wants to make me a costume so I can cosplay with her at a con this summer but I don't really know that much about games (I've been playing more of them with her recently but it's kind of just something I do because she's interested in it) and I'm worried I won't fit in or people will think/know I'm a poser and will judge me for that.
>>
>>9540519
No Ines going to grill you but if you don't know the basics about your character you're going to embarrass yourself if someone tries to talk to you
>>
>>9540523
>if you don't know the basics about your character you're going to embarrass yourself if someone tries to talk to you
Yeah I was thinking about that. She asked me to pick out a character I liked. I loved Lollipop Chainsaw and was thinking about Juliet but I think it would be way too attention grabbing. So I might just do Peach. Has she been done to death?
>>
>>9540545
Yes, but the benefit of a done to death character is that you don't get embarrassed because people are less likely to talk much about it. Mario characters don't have much to know about and their fans aren't massive nerds.
>>
>>9537710
Bumping to still find an answer.
>>
>>9540688
what shipping service? any updates on your side?

can you screenshot the tracking page with timestamps/potential identifying info blacked out?
>>
File: IMG_20170701_042834.png (288KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170701_042834.png
288KB, 1440x2560px
>>9540710
I'm using china airmail. Here's the last updates it's had.

I've contacted my taobao agent to see if they can contact the office but they are just telling me I have to wait and see if the package comes back to them(I don't think they actually contacted the office.)
I still have no idea if it really is just at a post office or what, I've never had this happen so I'm clueless.
>>
>>9540722
Little bit of googling says that "has been voted" means the package was delivered to its recipient. I assume this would be your middleman if you're using a forwarding service.
>>
is there any way i could hide face tape if i have a fairly short wig (reaches middle of my ears)?
>>
>>9540750
Hmm really? That is strange since my middleman shipped it themselves so.. customs may have rejected it and sent it back to them. Although the shipping details don't say rejected so I'm unsure about that.

Thank you very much though, I appreciate the help.
>>
>>9540756
It's possible that it means it was handed off to whatever service does the international shipping.

You're tracking it via China Post's website, likely that's not the service for the international shipping and they consider it done when it's handed off. Try checking the tracking number with your domestic post's website.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170701-164529.png (241KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170701-164529.png
241KB, 1440x2560px
>>9540761
I ended up doing a big of searching on different trackers and I'm even more positive that it was rejected by customs.

Ah.. damn.
>>
>>9540794
That actually convinces me more that they handed it off and it's in transit to your domestic post since it says processing completed and not something implying it was rejected.

Domestic airmail can take a long time. When did it get shipped? I wouldn't be surprised if you checked your domestic post in a few days and it was suddenly in transit to your house. Longest quiet period is usually between it getting handed off and being received by your country.
>>
>>9540797
That was actually for June 27th, while the image I screenshotted first shows it is "posted" at Shahe on the 29th.

I was told 15-30 days for china post, it's at the 15 day mark so far. It got shipped out June 16th. I tried USPS real quick it just shows the day it was dropped off at the post office. I really hope the god it is just making its way in between the international shipping and over here, I can't think of anything in my parcel being rejected other than jewerly and a silicone bra.
>>
>>9540809
You'd know if it was rejected because USPS would say so. It looks like it got trapped in Chinese logistics hell and should be received by USPS in a few days.
>>
>>9540811
I hope that's the case, I'm sure it will move eventually with some patience. Thank you again for helping me out!
>>
>>9540555
Okay, good to know. That's exactly the reaction I want, lol. I think it'll be fun, if I feel confident then maybe I'll do Juliet next time.
>>
I wanna open up my prop gun and glue something inside the handle to give it some weight. What do you suggest I use?
>>
File: P5J.png (25KB, 382x267px) Image search: [Google]
P5J.png
25KB, 382x267px
Hey guys ! I was just wondering what was the best contacts for the Joker/Protagonist of P5 ? Thank you.
>>
>>9540908
are*
>>
I just had a situation happen to me for the first time where a buyer had to back out after winning the bid. They told me it was because of an unexpected financial situation, but at the same time, I'm still pretty annoyed this happened. Should I leave feedback on their page at all? If so, should I leave neutral or negative feedback?
>>
>>9540984
You probably shouldn't leave anything because it will make you look like an ass and likely wasn't their fault. What website was this and what were you selling them?
>>
>>9535927
How the fuck do I untangle a stocking anarchy wig. Mostly near the middle to the ends it's pretty mixed up
>>
>>9540896
You can find small pieces of lead used to weigh down pinewood derby cars in Michael's. Though I'd look around the house for some rocks or something first.
>>
>>9538645
Covers are the easiest.
You can find tutorials on how to make basically any type of boot cover by googling it. You can search for hard covers (which look best to me), soft (which are good if you don't have an extra pair of shoes to lose), and then of course there are hybrids of the two
>>
File: 1498869410677.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1498869410677.gif
1MB, 600x338px
I want to do black hat, the rest is easy enough. How would I go about doing his head?
>>
>>9541177
What maker?

Generally, you're gonna wanna wash it with fabric softener, dry it (towel off + air dry), spray with detangler, and gently work the tangles out with your fingers. Hook and pull for hard tangles, you might need to break out the scissors for bad knots. If you can get it fairly detangled and it's heat resistant, you can then use a straightening iron and go over it in segments while combing to get it nice and straight again.
>>
>>9542106
Probably either a mask or face paint + glow in the dark vampire teeth from one of those 50 cent toy machines.
>>
>>9542116
What I want to do is have an actual head, the problem is, I've never done anything like that before. Has anyone done something like that?
>>
File: leon_rune-factory.png (953KB, 900x956px) Image search: [Google]
leon_rune-factory.png
953KB, 900x956px
Realistically speaking, what are my options for this if I'm a woman? I'm pretty much married to the idea of cosplaying Leon, but I'm not sure where to even start with a bare chest crossplay, or if I should modifiy the design so it includes a small cloth that covers enough of the chest.
>>
>>9542151
You could open shirt bind. I've seen it done before. Or buy a flesh coloured shirt/sweater. Seen that done as well.
>>
>>9542124
Nope. Nobody has done anything like that. There are virtually no tutorials on how to make any sort of full head masks/ enclosures at all.
>>
File: 1497243592638.jpg (172KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1497243592638.jpg
172KB, 750x750px
>>9542183
I think the kid meant if anyone in this help thread has done it and could give advice and pointers.
>>
What's a character that I could cosplay as that gets consluts wet and will easily lead to cosplay sex?
Asking for a friend
>>
>>9542151
This >>9542173
Be creative. His design already covers most of his breast including his nipples, so you may not really need to alter the design at all if that's the route you want to go.
>>
>>9542241
The character in your mirror that talks to people like normal human beings or at least a high functioning weeb.
>>
>>9542241
a gun to ur head, if you pull the trigger it will transport you to the land of cosplay sex
>>
Creating Dekus, second costume from Boku no Hero (original I know). Just wanted tips on the gloves and boots. Every cosplay I've seen so far has these generic Mickey Mouse gloves.
Finding the right color of spandex for his suit has been a pain.
>>
>>9542247
>>9542271
Toasty roasties, or upset betas?
>>
>>9542299
4chan is an image board, meaning you can post images of what you're talking about.
>>
Does anyone have suggestions on how to store armour? I just finished making a wonder woman costume and now I have a bodice and leg armour and stuff to store and I have no ideas since most of my previous costumes are fabric and fold or hang. I don't have so much space in my room, and even general costume storage ideas would be amazing!
>>
>>9542608
>backpedaling
Get a load of this beta.
>>
>>9543120
S H O E B O X
>>
Where can I buy a nice maid uniform? Like, nicer quality than you can find on Amazon, Bodyline, etc.
>>
>>9543335
Milky Ange perhaps (they supply some maid cafes AFAIK), but their stuff has pricing almost on a par with a lolita brand despite not as good fabric quality. Their "basic" range for beginners is around 12k yen and their standard, nicer-quality stuff is over 30k.

You could also try making one yourself, or buying a nice black and white OP from a Taobao store like Miss Point (since they have a bunch of plain yoke OPs and are great with custom sizing) and getting an apron from elsewhere.
>>
File: ougi.png (156KB, 312x289px) Image search: [Google]
ougi.png
156KB, 312x289px
so im gonna cosplay this cutie and stuff but how would i get the upper shoulder things to puff up like that? any tips?
>>
>>9543483
Google 'Puff sleeves tutorial', there's plenty of tutorials out there. Basically it's just what I said - a puff sleeve (I assume that's what you're referring to?). It's basically a regular short sleeve pattern but spread out. It won't be seamless like in the pic, but you'll get the same effect.
>>
>>9542299
His shoes look like basic lace up boots/sneakers. For the spandex, Spandex World's Miliskin Matte Jade looks pretty good, but it might be a little too blue, but ymmv. The gloves I'd probably get/make regular gloves but add padding in the wrist area.
>>
Is it considered bad crossplay for a male if he alters the costume and hairstyle to be more masculine or gender neutral (but still very much recognizeable as the original)?

For some reason, people expect male crossplayers to look like actual girls and that ends up with them being 99.95% drag queens.

Female crossplayers sure as hell don't try to gain 40lbs of muscle/body hair/beards or shit like that.
>>
>>9544151
Depends on the character i guess. If it's a very feminine character and the male is slim he should go for the feminine look. Also helps if you tone down a lot on the blush/any colored eyeshadow since adding those colors makes any male look like a drag imo (and rarely the character has so many colored makeup on).
>>
File: swiggity swag.jpg (22KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
swiggity swag.jpg
22KB, 432x576px
This is potentially a longshot- I'm looking for the names of two artists sharing a booth at Anime Expo 2017. I think they were in the K/L lane toward the back (away from the entrance). I bought this plush (they had 3 YoI plushes on display) and the standee/keychain from them. Anyone know what booth number they are/their handles on any social media/anything?

I had to leave LA today and I'm sad I didn't pick up some other things from their booth.
>>
File: cosmode54.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
cosmode54.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
I'm trying to make Attack on titan cape/cloak
Anybody has a good pattern for it? I really want to make the one that was featured in Cosmode 54 but the main left side the pattern is missing. Any good youtube tutorials that don't use 3/4 circle + hood?
>>
File: IMG_3713.png (4MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3713.png
4MB, 1242x2208px
Anyone know what type of fabric this is!? Thanks
>>
>>9543790
sankyuu
>>
>>9544394
There are several fabrics there. Are you asking about the skirt, the lace, the ruffles, or the sheer bit at the top?
>>
the pants for my cosplay came in today, and the area around my ass is just a bit too small. i feel like if i squat over i'll split them.
is there a way to improve this? i can't order new ones due to time. i was thinking of getting shapewear to at least get rid of the lining of my underwear showing through, but is there a better option?
i can't modify them or anything due to not having the correct fabric (if i was able to, i would have just made them in the first place)
>>
>>9544252
That keychain looks like it's from voix, she's at L49.
>>
>>9544898
You could maybe let the seams out a bit, but depending on the fabric the old seam lines might show.
>>
How would I go about hemming the bottom of Serval's skirt here? Should I just try to fold over the fabric into a triangle or is there a simpler way?
>>
>>9545025
Depending on the fabric you're using, you could just cut it and use some sort of fray seal/anti-fraying product on it if you didn't want a visible hem. You could also use pinking shears but it'd ruin the look.
>>
>>9545031
Just regular quilting cotton, but I'll look into fray seal. It's less I don't want visible hem lines, but I'm not sure how to really hem the triangles on the bottom.
>>
>>9545041
You should pattern them and cut them into the fabric, her skirt is just one layer of fabric with no hems.
>>
>>9544898
Is the waistline covered in your costume? Could cut into the seam in the back and sew a strip of elastic in to extend the waist.
>>
>>9544905
i'll check to see if that's the case tonight!
>>9545050
the jacket i'm wearing with it goes down just about 2 or 3 inches past my waist, do you think that's enough?
>>
>>9544900
Thanks so much! I found her on Twitter and asked her the name of the artist sharing the booth with her. They were both so talented.
>>
>>9544537
The skirt
>>
File: 2bandlink.png (849KB, 822x626px) Image search: [Google]
2bandlink.png
849KB, 822x626px
2 questions:

1. what fabric would you suggest for link's pants? Something that's not see through but will lay nicely and not too heavy. Also, how should I pattern the pants?

2. Are 2b's sleeves just princess/puff sleeves? If so, does anyone have any good tutorials for sewing those in? Or a pattern to suggest that they used for the sleeves?
>>
I don't feel like starting a recc/sugg thread. I'm a 6'0 tall male with a semi-athletic build (I lift but I'm probably like 15% bf)

What's a character you've always wanted to see cosplayed but don't usually? I've come to really enjoy seeing people's faces light up when they recognize a less common character.

Also I watch too much moeshit so I never see men in anime. Don't tell /a/ I asked for anime recommendations pls
>>
>>9545603
OH, I know one that you can do. You can cosplay as DEEZ NUTS!.

HA, got eem.
>>
File: angery push.jpg (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
angery push.jpg
9KB, 400x400px
>>9545619
>>
Any clue how to attach the gold trim around the dress collar without making it look messy (loads of seperate pieces, fraying edges, etc.)? I just can't wrap my head around how I'd cut it to begin with.
>>
File: bratt.png (208KB, 226x480px) Image search: [Google]
bratt.png
208KB, 226x480px
how would you describe this suit, /cgl/?

obviously wondering how id do the fabric pattern itself but finding a pattern for this suit has done nothing for me so far. it's sorta dr. evil-esque?
>>
>>9545709
This tutorial may be helpful: http://firewolf826.deviantart.com/art/Cosplay-Tutorial-Seamless-Trim-343394594
>>
File: Katto's_1st.jpg (30KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Katto's_1st.jpg
30KB, 320x320px
Does anyone have ideas on how I can achieve the bulbous shape of Kaato's hair before it descends into the drill curls? I'm having trouble finding tutorials on it because I'm not sure of what to call that style. And also does anyone know of some search terms I can use to find her bracelets? 'Hexagon cuff' bracelet isn't working for me
>>
>>9545734
It would probably be pretty easy to make the bracelets anon, even with little experience. Try "geometric, chunky, etc" for search terms.

As for the hair I'd do some lightweight foam pieces and put the hair over that.
>>
>>9545721
Chinese tunic suit maybe?
>>
Is (matte, not shiny costume shit) satin a good choice for a cape? I got advice in the past and I'm 90% sure people recommended using a decent satin because of the drape, but I want to be totally certain and I can't recall for sure.
>>
>>9545734
Foam balls/capsules with the hair coiled around them will get the effect you want. Only issue is if you plan on re-styling the wig.
>>
>>9545709
Pattern it as one piece based on the measurements of the dress collar. Make it so that it's folded over as a smooth hem and sews together in the back. You can make notches on the inside part so that it folds properly and nobody will be able to see it instead of doing it in pieces.

If you already have the dress then it shouldn't be too bad to do yourself.
>>
>>9545111
Should be okay if you can move around without the waistline becoming visible, if it's rarely visible you could sew something over it and it wouldn't be noticable in photos but would at least cover your underwear.
>>
>>9545721
a mao suit.

it has a mandarin collar
>>
I have a red polyester jacket that I want to dye to a darker red color. What dye would be best for this?
>>
>>9546816
Is it 100% polyester, how bright is the red now, and how dark do you want it?
>>
File: 14992250974331003584285.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14992250974331003584285.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I screwed up again. I dyed it too dark, can't see out.
>>
>>9546816
polyester is hard to dye, if it's mixed material the dye will come through uneven. I wouldn't recommend it.

The tie is a duotoned fabric that changes yellow-green depending on the angle. Does any one know what this kind of fabric is called?
>>
>>9547848
I think the word you're looking for is "iridescent"
>>
So I keep seeing the word 'fashion show' in all the ita and cringe threads recently... But what's the full name? There's like a million different lolita fashion shows.
>>
>>9547865
Thanks!
>>
>>9547650
Try using security window film
>>
Any ss recommendation for bidding on y!j?
>>
>>9546923
It's 100% polyester. It's a little too bright for my purpose, so I just wanted to tint it a few shades darker(closer to a ruby or scarlet color). I found a tutorial online that said I could use black dye to achieve this. So I was wondering if this could be done.

>>9547848
I know polyester is hard to dye. But I was wondering if there was better dyes that could tint polyester fabric.
>>
>>9548400
If you have a piece of the material that can be cut off without changing the appearance of the jacket, try it on a sample first.
>>
>>9547999
I used FromJapan to decent success.
>>
File: metgh.jpg (680KB, 2000x2436px) Image search: [Google]
metgh.jpg
680KB, 2000x2436px
Hi there! Mexifag here.
I am doing Kida in about two weeks and i'll make the staff myself, the only issue is that i have zero experience with doing props. I was actually thinking of using expanding foam/polyurethane foam to make the sickle thingy, and using bamboo/a broom stick to make the rest of it. What do you think? Any tips? Please help, it'll be my first actual cosplay. Pic related
>>
>>9542151
a-anon what cons do you go to? i've been dying to be frey or clorica but i didn't want to do it without any other rune factory cosplayers.
>>
>>9547848
iDyePoly
>>
File: blackhatidea.png (39KB, 374x406px) Image search: [Google]
blackhatidea.png
39KB, 374x406px
>>9542106

Consider making a half-mask? People will understand the gist of the costume if the rest is well done. This is kind of a "Ryuk" style question, where it's up to you to decide on what to do based on your skill level. If you're familiar with mask making I'd suggest making one, and using the area around the nose for space to see through.

If you're not good with making smoothly surfaced masks, consider getting some higher quality costume veneers. If you're not black, I'd be really hesitant about painting your whole face in certain regions of the US.

At the end of the day it's costume, and the whole point is to "make it work." I'd get a black wig, veneers, and then do something like a black fade from the forehead down to the bridge of the nose, so it looks like the mask is creating a dramatic shadow. It'll make the whites of your eyes pop out, and you won't have to worry about smudging the makeup when you eat/scratch at your face.
>>
>>9545025

I suggest making a lining, and cutting the lining and the bottom hem as matching, sew 'em together at the hemline and flip it inside out. Just make sure you iron the fabric and pick the lining fabric to be a lighter weight.
>>
>>9548581

I'm aiming for Crunchyroll expo!
>>
File: burger.jpg (63KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
burger.jpg
63KB, 1200x675px
how do i cosplay gf
>>
>>9548834
buy a gf costume from aliexpress or try making one yourself
>>
Any good guides on basic wig styling?
I tried to style using just my hands and comb and hairspray, but it's turning out really messy, but not in the right way
When I Google it, I end up with a lot of specific shit to certain styles, but this is just a basic messy short hair style
>>
>>9549082
Hands + comb + hairspray is usually all you need.

What wig and hairspray are you using? It might be holding your style well enough.
>>
>>9549100
I have no idea what the brand if the wig is, I got it from a Chinese seller. It's pretty messy and tangled though, 35 cm white wig.
For hair products I have a tube of got2b and a random suave hairspray bottle I picked up at a grocery store. They didn't have much else.
The shape is holding well, I just have issues with stray hairs breaking from the style and making it look like a mess. I thought washing it out and using got2b would make the "messy spikes" a bit cleaner looking, but I can keep going with spray and see if I can clean it up
>>
What are some good cosplay for fat males? I don't want to be that guy who is 300lbs cosplaying as Naruto
>>
>>9549164
Overwatch characters
>>
>>9545550
bumping (pls help)
>>
>>9549164
Daru from Steins;Gate?
>>
>>9549181
Characters plural? Lol. Good luck with a reinhardt that isn't ass.

But for real there's good options

>oiru yagami. A parody character of light yagami from death note, oiru means lard fat and the parody is called debu note aka fat note. It's actually really fucking funny and people should recognize it.

>video game characters
There's a ton of options. Anything amorphous or large, from Abomasnow the Pokémon to Gragas from league of legends. The world is your oyster man

>choji from naruto
He's a fat dude whose special ability is to get super fucking huge and kick ass.

I can list many other big/fat characters- Pete from Disney, Pirahna Pete from Mario, some of the Titans from AoT/SNK, King Dedede, E. Honda, Birdie, Majin Buu first form, Shrek, a Goron, Wario, kingpin from Spider Man, etc etc etc etc
>>
I want to make a replica gas masks for my reproduction WW2 collection.
Only tutorials I have found are for solid masks that cover mouth or first graders Halloween tier costumes.
There isn't any reproduction WW2 gas masks for sale and I like to leave the original items to the serious collectors who have big glass cabinets for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 614x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 614x350px
>>9549539
Forgot the pic
>>
>>9549539
Not sure if you want allies or gerrys but heres a nice replica for sale.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/112461508943?_mwBanner=1
>>
>>9549164
go with mascot cosplay like Teddy from persona 4, Monokuma from danganronpa, animal crossing characters, pokemon.
>>
I slipped on a latex full head mask and the split in the back instantaneously zipped up further past the circular stopping point because my head is bigger than a whole toddler. It fits my obscenity of a head perfectly as a consequence, but I have a feeling this isn't a good thing. What can I do about the damage? I don't want my hair visible through the line or anything, and I certainly don't want it to continue to travel upwards until the damn thing can't stay on me.
>>
>>9550107
I second this. They're honestly not that hard to make either, just do your research and practice a little.
>>
Does anyone know where to find this? I need shop that sells worldwide.
>>
>>9550487
https://www.google.com/search?q=harley+quinn+onesie
here ya go
>>
>>9550487
That's an easy thing to just google anon.

Harley Quinn Kigurumi or Harley Quinn Onesie.

Reverse image search is also an option
>>
anyone know where I can find a site that lets you choose what color hat you want ? like including very specific shades of a color? I need an orchid color hat and I can't find anything on the internet that matches it exactly.
>>
>>9550517
Be specific, what kind of hat? Like a top hat or a beanie or what?
>>
>>9550517
What kind of hat?
>>
>>9550541
baseball hat. need an orchid color one
>>
>>9550517
You could just buy a white one and dye it yourself.
>>
Cheap cosplay dance belt recommendations?
>>
File: IMG_4709.gif (75KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4709.gif
75KB, 500x290px
Heyo, a friend and I are hopping on the Splatoon 2 hype train of cosplaying Marine and Pearl. Upon closer examination I noticed the lower parts of their garments light up according to the music -- anyone know how to program lights to do that? I've only worked with basic led strips once. Gif related.
>>
File: IMG_4711.gif (3MB, 620x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4711.gif
3MB, 620x360px
>>9551184
Wow I'm an idiot -- the gif doesnt even work but I hope you guys get the idea.
>>
how to I get paperclay not to be so lumpy? Even if it's moist and i use water, it never seems to blend right
>>
File: pyff.jpg (120KB, 604x634px) Image search: [Google]
pyff.jpg
120KB, 604x634px
>>9545550
here's a good pattern, I'd use the 2nd one
Basically you start with a standard sleeve pattern (2nd row), cut slices in it and spread them apart and trace the new shape of it (3rd row) and boom, puffed sleeve pattern
>>
>>9551200
whoops, I meant Column not row
>>
>>9551194
sand it down. ive only used paperclay once because it was given to me and didnt have any apoxy left which is what i mainly use for sculpting things for cosplay.

trying to get it completely smooth is pretty tough so i just get it as smooth as possible and just finish it off with a fine grit sandpaper.
>>
>>9551184
>>9551187
Get an Arduino. There's probably some pre-written code for it that makes LEDs flash randomly or in some type of pattern.

Of course, the LEDs won't literally react to music being played, but I don't think you realistically expect that.
>>
>>9551214
theres LED controllers similar to the arduino that makes LED flash to the beats of music.
>>
File: n3uoxn6.jpg (77KB, 576x688px) Image search: [Google]
n3uoxn6.jpg
77KB, 576x688px
I'm making the staff of Goku from Saiyuki. To be able to fit it into a suitcase, I want to make it detachable (and technically it does detach into three parts). I tried to make one by just putting a hole in both sides and screwing it together with a double ended screw, but I fucked it up a bit and the hole wasn't lined up.

I'm trying to think if there's another method I could use on my next attempt, or if I should just stick to screwing it together again and hope I don't fuck it up this time.

It would also be nice if the pieces were connected by something, although it might be a pain to wrap back up when I recombine the staff. I think they're connected by chain in the manga, but that might be beyond my ability.
>>
>>9551226
>but I fucked it up a bit and the hole wasn't lined up
That's how you end up a father.
>>
File: genji waist up.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
genji waist up.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
im building blackwatch genji for my brother, but im a little stumped on how to attach the tubes to the foam(im making it out of eva) without it ripping and pulling itself apart. any suggestions? Same with attaching it to his body, i have pros aide, but will that be enough? should i reinforce with latex?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170707-144541.png (853KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170707-144541.png
853KB, 1080x1920px
Thinking about making a cosplay for the first time, decides on crossplaying graffiti Tracer, what kind of strap could I use for the chest piece? Also since I have glasses what can I do for the visor?
>>
Theres a aniventure/comicon happening near me soon and i'm thinking of going and cosplaying for the first time as Alucard. What is the best site to get a set of his that doesn't look horrid?
>>
>>9551292
Maybe look into foam insulation tubes? Not sure how easy they are to paint but they're cheap and it might be worth it to experiment.
>>
File: 20170707_160604.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_160604.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Half of this fake fur looks crappy because it was folded onto otself, so only the right side looks beautiful.

How can I fix it?
>>
Any tips on making these atrocious pants?

The girls wear the same pattern as this but as a skirt.

Me and my boyfriend have to make this but don't know how on earth to even know where to begin to be honest.
>>
>>9552043
I think there's two options you could go with.

White pants, tape, fabric paint.
or
Design custom fabric, get it printed, sew as usual.

Other anons will probably have better ideas though.
>>
>>9552019

Try ironing with low heat
>>
>>9552221
ntayrt but I genuinely can't tell if this is trolling or not, not sure if the intent is to make anon melt her polyester fur or to help smooth it out.
>>
File: f92.jpg (38KB, 680x603px) Image search: [Google]
f92.jpg
38KB, 680x603px
hi, i'm cosplaying marina from spla2n (shown on right)!!

most of her outfit is pretty simple for me, but i keep getting stuck on how i want to do her hair. most octoling cosplays i've seen don't use synthetic hair and make it using some other material to match the "tentacle" look. it's accurate, but not very pleasing to the eye most of the time.

i was thinking of doing it as a wig, but what would be the best way to get the amount of volume and that particular style without building a wig from scratch?
>>
Good commisioner/site for bodysuits?
>pic very related.
>>9548574
I'd probably advise against expanding foam. I typically only use it for bulky props. EVA foam could work better. A wooden dowel would work in place of the mop. It all depends on if youre bringing it to a con, and what theyre rules are.
>>
>>9552019
Try brushing it out with a slicker brush. That's what the furries do.
>>
>>9552256

Even polyester should handle low enough heat? Test it out on a little bit obviously
>>
best way to dye something 80% polyester 20% spandex? i was just gonna rit dye as normal but i heard spandex is super sensitive to heat.
>>
>>9552698
Unfortunately, you can't dye fabrics like that. The only way to recolor something like that would be to use fabric paint.
>>
>>9548574
i usually make props like this with a core of styrofoam, and then cover it with 5mm eva foam

>>9552698
>>9552714
Fabric paint yeah. Due to nature of stretchy fabric I would recommend using a fabric medium and ask if it would crack.
You can also get it printed at several sites instead of dyeing it (best looking option imo)
>>
File: images (1).jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
13KB, 300x300px
I'm trying to find a pattern but I don't know the name of it, just description:
>pocket tissue holder
>refillable
>refills with tissue from tissue box
I can only find tutorials for covers on the individual packets, which is redundant.

What is it called?

I used to have a handmade one I bought from a thrift store ages ago but I lost it, so it's definitely possible! Saved money buying a box of the super soft aloe vera ones instead of shelling out for individual 5 piece per pack tissues.
>>
>>9552839
Why not just use the individual pattern, and add in an opening?
>>
File: happy.jpg (63KB, 470x600px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
63KB, 470x600px
How do I thin out ponytail clips?

I'm doing an Azusa cosplay and her twin tails are pretty dang thin.

Most of the clip ins are hefty
>>
>>9552839
Travel tissue cover or tissue dispenser
>>
>>9552698
I've done iDye Poly (like the name says, it's a type of dye for polyester fabrics) to recolor a bright red spandex to more of a purple-red spandex. My spandex was still stretchy afterwards, but I didn't follow instructions exactly:
>instructions tell you to boil water and keep the fabric in the boiling water, or something like that
>I had 2-3 pots of water boiling on a stove and one separate hot-water-safe bucket (it was pretty thick plastic)
>slowly pour one pot of boiling water into the bucket, add the dye pod, stir it around
>add the fabric
>add in another pot of boiling water, keep stirring the fabric
>at the ~20 minute mark, or whenever I can feel the water begin to cool down, add in another pot of boiling water to reactivate the dye
>>
File: arsenecircled.jpg.png (940KB, 784x1022px) Image search: [Google]
arsenecircled.jpg.png
940KB, 784x1022px
I'm going to cosplay Arsene from Persona 5 and I got everything ready to make I just have no idea what the neck piece is / what it's called. I thought it was a bonnet but I have no idea.
>>
>>9555063
It's a jabot; basically a neck scarf.
>>
>>9555063
It looks like a cravat with a small gem(?) on it. I'm not too sure though.
>>
Where do I start with plastic molding?
Normally I work with eva foam because it's cheap but I want to start the migration to quality.

Thinking of starting by making a plastic helmet but I don't know where to start in terms of what plastic to use, how to mold it, etc.

Suggestions? Is there a go-to book for this?
>>
>>9554081

I don't think you can thin them out this much because the clip itself is fairly bulky and you need all that hair to cover it. You're better off with a base wig and a pack of wefts and either sewing a part down the back to make actual ponytails, or sewing a little bulb of wefts in each side where you'd otherwise have added clips.
>>
File: Yagen.Toushirou.jpg (520KB, 745x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yagen.Toushirou.jpg
520KB, 745x1200px
I feel really stupid, but I can't tell what that thing on his shoulder is supposed to be made of. Is it a leather guard or is it meant to be a hard shield?
>>
>>9555122
plastic molding? are you talking about vacuum forming? if so, you generally use PETG.
>>
>>9555122
Most 'actual' moulded plastic helms are made with a silicone brushed on mould (master made with clay). Then you pour urethane resin into it, while the silicone mould is supported by a hard shell, the 'master mould' while slushing the resin around, so you get a hard hollow helm when it cures.
It's an expensive and tough process but it allows you to make multiple copies of strong, durable and detailed helms.
Because cosplayers usually only make 1 copy, using thermoplastic and forming the helm yourself is usually the common method. Thermoplastics such as cosplayflex, wonderflex, worbla, thibra, sintra.
>>
>>9555273
Leather, typically, although it's anime so not everything makes sense--could be anything.
>>
File: jacket ref.jpg (82KB, 610x1002px) Image search: [Google]
jacket ref.jpg
82KB, 610x1002px
>>9535927
I'm trying to make a Jacket cosplay, I was looking to buy Jacket's jacket, and while there are plenty of online options, I was wondering if any of you guys knew of any stores I could physically go to so that I can get the right fit. If there's nothing then I'll just get one online.
>>
>>9556482
For lettermans' jackets? Thrift stores maybe? They're not really stocked anywhere.
>>
>>9555273
dou is historically silk lace wrapped around pieces of hardened leather to make scaled sections.
(so both assumptions could be correct in a way)
>>
>>9556497
I see.
>>
File: aAjONbY.png (581KB, 536x1168px) Image search: [Google]
aAjONbY.png
581KB, 536x1168px
Trying to do a Walter Sullivan cosplay but his jacket is being difficult to find for cheap. Any good online places for look for men's style jackets?
>>
File: 1360378570262.jpg (305KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1360378570262.jpg
305KB, 1280x720px
I would like to get into making foam armor for some dark souls cosplay for me and my friends for next years local convention; however I am a true beginner at making things like this. I don't even have basic tools like an x-acto knife yet. I've been watching a lot of tutorials on how to get started and it seems there are so many tools necessary , and even if they are around $5-20 each it starts to add up tremendously, what should I do in order to start out, I'm fine with spending money if I can see results from it, but I'm worried I might get all this stuff and find out I'm hopelessly terrible at making costumes. Any advice on what I should do to start out?
>>
>>9556573
Start with the bare minimum basics: xacto, big knife, maybe some cheap sand paper. Practice on foam you can get from your friends like from packing materials
>>
>>9556584
that sounds a lot less intimidating, thank you
>>
>>9556501

Re: the hole puncher for this-- Daiso has cheap leather punches and they work great with a mallet. Put some scrap wood underneath.
>>
when working with barge cement should I use a respirator?
>>
>>9556573
You really only need sharp blades like box cutters, contact cement and sand paper for foam fabrication.

Any other tools like Dremel tools just makes doing certain things quicker and easier.
>>
>>9556652
Yes. And with as much airflow as possible cause the fumes linger
>>
>>9556652
I've never seen someone use a respirator for contact cement, and I don't use one myself either. Only work with it outdoors or in otherwise well-ventilated areas though.
>>
>>9556725
>>9556733
Well that's a bit conflicting, but I think I'll do both, because I kind of want stop holding my breath during soldering as well. I also live in a small apt so fumes are not ok
>>
File: IMG_7469.jpg (116KB, 868x1420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7469.jpg
116KB, 868x1420px
Usually I'm okay at finding patterns to frankenstein or mess around with but I'm a little stuck for this one and would appreciate either pattern suggestions or search terms to try inputting myself.

She's wearing a cape (the green), and then some kinda overdress thing I guess we'll call it (the blue), and then a purple long sleeved dress. The blue I figure would be easy enough to play around and make a pattern for, there's plenty of patterns for capes and capelets, but I'm stumped for the purple dress. It seems to be almost kinda robe-ish, with big chunky sleeves and a huge Naruto-ish collar. The collar I've been able to find old Naruto cosplay resources for so I think I'm good on that. I took a look through the costume patterns on simplicity and didn't seem to see anything that caught my eye. Gonna take a look at Folkwear after this.

I was thinking of just probably frankensteining 2 or 3 patterns together for the purple dress/robe but is this the cosplay where I am finally forced to learn how to draft my own patterns?
>>
>>9556740
If you're doing your work in a small room, then yeah use a respirator.
>>
File: potential meteora patterns.png (697KB, 1230x1094px) Image search: [Google]
potential meteora patterns.png
697KB, 1230x1094px
>>9556797
Alright I forgot McCall's existed and I found a couple patterns that stood out to me. With modifications, do you think either of these might work?
>>
>>9552446
Hi, another splatoon cosplayer here. I do the fabric route usually but I know what you are talking about. I would reccomend doing a foam base wig and adding wefts, and since Marine's wig has a gradient, dyeing the wefts beforehand? Might go draw this out for your sake, I'm cosplaying Pearl and am struggling on how to make the clothing light up.
>>
Okay so I'm trying to do eileen the crow, I have the mask, pants, weapons, hat and gloves all taken care of already.

I don't know how to sew at all and don't really have the time or money to so i commissioned a lady in my small town to do it for me.

She's older and apartently her new medicine makes her shake so she had to refund me and give me my fabric back.
I've been trying to find anyone locally who will make just the coat (minus the shoulder part and cape) but the 5-6 people I've talked to so far can ONLY do things with exact patterns.
Am I just shit out of luck here? Are there people online who can make a sewing pattern for cheap that I could bring to these people?
>>
>>9556831
The first one with modifications looks good. The civil war pattern is notorious for being hard to work with, and it doesn't look very much like what you're aiming for.
>>
>>9552446
hey, i'm working on her also!
i was thinking of going the fabric route but was going to try pleather since it's got more of a shine to it, but i'm intimidated by the paint as lots of paints don't mesh well with pleather.

>>9556941
A few friends and I were talking about the lighting up too, we were thinking maybe reflective tape might work or those small lights they sell for outdoors that you can hang up, the only issue is wiring them so that you can turn them on and off when you'd like.
>>
File: Uzu_Sanageyama_Ep6_appearance.png (868KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
Uzu_Sanageyama_Ep6_appearance.png
868KB, 1000x700px
Some friends of mine want to do a Kill La Kill group at a con this September and I'm going to be Uzu with them. I don't have the time to make the costume since I'm working on another big project for the con, so I'm going to order one. Ive been looking at miccostumes and cosplay magic's Uzu, but I'm not sure which website provides better costumes and value, etc. Could someone tell me which would give me an all around better cosplay?
>>
File: IMG_3917.jpg (32KB, 488x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3917.jpg
32KB, 488x302px
How could I achieve eyes like this? Thank!
>>
File: IMG_7042.jpg (170KB, 800x857px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7042.jpg
170KB, 800x857px
>>9552446
Another Marina cosplayer here! I'm still planning on how to do her hair but if you're going the wig route, the best thing you could do is use foam to achieve the volume.
>>9557098
I prefer vinyl if I were to go that route. Also is there a picture of that worn?
>>
>>9557396
Whitescreen lenses would work. I don't think they really come in the yellow tint though.
>>
Working on a Halloween costume. I want to be scary this year, but I'm only 5ft tall. What are some scary costume ideas that would work well for someone who looks like they're fourteen?
>>
>>9557603
Samara comes to mind. The little girls from the Shining. Chuckie or Bride of Chuckie.
>>
>>9557603
Gory contortionist doll
Spider queen
Ring girl
If you're any good at fx makeup, there's good tutorials
>>
>>9557617
I might work on a spider king one, I do love spiders. I'm alright at fx makeup, but incredibly allergic to latex.

>>9557609
Chuckie would be a good idea, too. I love Brad Dourif.
>>
>>9557622
Didn't realize you were a dude. Sorry about the girl suggestions.

You could also potentially do something to play with your height (one of those headless horseman optical illusions?)
>>
File: Kenny-Omega-image.jpg (618KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Kenny-Omega-image.jpg
618KB, 1500x2000px
Not really into cosplay but I need some help with making a Wrestling attire, I want to know what's a good idea or flexible material that is also tight, I'm looking for something like what pic related is wearing.
>>
I'm thinking about getting some moldable plastic to make a head piece but there seems to be a variety of different brands - plastimake, instamorph, termomorph, etc. Are they all relatively the same or is there one that's better than others?
>>
>>9557815
its all thermoplastic so yeah, its all basically the same. get whatever is cheaper for you.

im sure there are some differences like durability but i dont think they are THAT big of a difference from one another.
>>
File: Staffbook_8.jpg (418KB, 1280x627px) Image search: [Google]
Staffbook_8.jpg
418KB, 1280x627px
How would I go about making her little cape-thing on the back of her coat? I've got the gray part ready, but I have no idea how to go about the slashed/fringed? thing under it.
>>
File: ref.jpg (85KB, 853x396px) Image search: [Google]
ref.jpg
85KB, 853x396px
I'm thinking about doing Zelda's royal/formal outfit from BotW and was looking for advice on the gold trim/appliques and the base white pieces of the dress.

I was thinking about using simple bias tape/fabric to trim and apply the gold to the dress, but was wondering if cording/braiding or piping would look better?

And for the bodice, i'm not sure what the name for it is (it looks like embossed paper to me), I was wondering if I could actually create that textural difference myself. I don't want to just draw lines on the fabric, I want an actual height difference between where the lines of the pattern are and the rest of the fabric. Does anyone know how to achieve that?
>>
>>9557978
You can definitely get that embossed look pretty nicely with craft foam (there are youtube tutorials on it), but I would imagine something like worbla covered with fabric would also work. As for the bias tape, I guess it depends on accuracy. It looks raised to me, so I'd actually make pieces and cover them to get the height. Then again, I think that a flat-ish cording could be really neat looking and be a nice touch to set your costume apart. I'd say that's really a stylistic choice, not sure which is best.
>>
>>9557985
>>9557985
Damn, didn't even think about using craft foam or worbla. And I think I might play around with scrap fabric and see if i like the in-game look better or if I find some cool cording. Thanks!
>>
File: hatpattern.jpg (55KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
hatpattern.jpg
55KB, 570x570px
I've been looking for a pattern, but I think it's out of print now. I can't even find a place to download it. Does anyone know where I might be able to find this pattern, any one like it? I'm mostly looking for view B.

If not, can anyone help me figure out how to pattern this myself? My first attempt did not go well.
>>
File: derpwoman.jpg (80KB, 276x291px) Image search: [Google]
derpwoman.jpg
80KB, 276x291px
Where is the best place to get a Spider-Man zentai suit?

I used zentai-zentai last time, and wasn't super happy.
>>
>>9551194
Sand it just a bit and add some filler, sand again and seal before and after painting.
>>
>>9557403
Is vinyl able to be painted on? I'm kind of learning as I go for this so I was planning to maybe get white vinyl and then paint on the coloring if I could.
Pic is what it looks like worn, it's not too bad but Marina would definitely have to have more fluff. That and I was thinking of maybe adding a short white wig underneath as a way to make it look more connected to the head if that makes sense?

>>9557940
It almost looks like how pleated skirts look, it might be good to find a sewing tut for that and go off of that.
>>
File: Yusuke-Kitagawa.png (209KB, 204x907px) Image search: [Google]
Yusuke-Kitagawa.png
209KB, 204x907px
are yusuke's princess seams even functional as darts? I mean, almost all examples of princess seams i see go up to mid armpit and his are really low. i have a dress shirt that im kinda using as an example, though it's a women's dress shirt, and I'm thinking I could just draw the curve lower but I'm not sure if it would come out weird or fit weird? even when i look up examples of mens shirts w princess seams they usually aren't like this.
>>
>>9558064
Which Spider-Man?
>>
I washed my cosplay and some dye ran onto the white? How do I fix this??? Also what attachment methods are there for wigs? ?
>>
File: IMG_1784.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1784.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
>>9558207
As far as I know, you can paint vinyl. You just need a special type of paint.

Thanks for the picture! I'd give that a try (or a black/purple one to match the base) since I really don't like how it looks on the head alone. At least the shine is perfect though.
Thinking of going the wig route, and say to hell with accuracy. Do you have a discord, anon? Maybe we can motivate/cheer each other on
>>
can microsuede be cauterized and airbrushed?
>>
>>9558292
don't let the stain dry. Figure out what kinds of cleaners or bleach you can use on the material without damaging it or washing out any other colors.
>>
>>9558262
I guess Raimi or Homecoming. Maybe PS4 or just classic Amazing.

I just need to know where the good suits are.
>>
Does anyone know how to remove dried tea stains from a garment? I didn't realize it was there until it dried and it's pretty annoying. I've tried commercial stain removers but I haven't gotten around to trying the vinegar + water trick. Any tips would be much appreciated!
>>
>>9558332
All mass produced zentai suits will look shitty. If you want a good Spider-Man suit, it will likely cost over $200.
As to where to get them, off the top of my head, the rpc studio might be a good place to start.
>>
complete and utter newbie at crafting with anything outside of polymer clay but I'd like to start.

How do I even start making a purse similar to this (for personal use, not for resale)
>>
>>9558610
Hollowed rectangles with fabric over, phone deco whipping, hand sew rectangle with zipper on. I'm not so sure.
>>
File: ztyubo.jpg (31KB, 500x745px) Image search: [Google]
ztyubo.jpg
31KB, 500x745px
Any character recommendations for these wigs?
>>9558327
Too late aghh, I'll try and run some resolve over it. Maybe baking soda and vinegar too. Thanks so much.
>>9558308
I think it might be floral paint or latex paint? I've seen some suggest for painting shoes. It might crack though.
>>
>>9559219
The second.
>>
File: Driver.jpg (129KB, 725x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Driver.jpg
129KB, 725x1092px
I'm thinking about doing a cross cosplay between Drive and Hotline Miami, and I'd like a few tips. the characters I'd be mixing would be Jacket and Driver, and right now I have the following items\will be getting them.
>Yellow West Point varsity jacket with back insignia.
>Jeans
>Converse
>Logo t shirt of some kind
>Fake claw hammer
>Brown aviators
What I can't decide on right now are the handwear and the mask. For the hands, should I have leather gloves like Driver, or wrap them up like Jacket's payday 2 appearance? And for the mask, should I even go for an animal one, is is the outfit fine without one?
>>
>>9559247
That whole idea sounds horrible.
>>
>>9559247
>crossover

Stop that

Seriously anon just don't do it. Pick one or the other or do both but not together at the same time as one cosplay.
>>
>>9559249
>>9559289
Alright, thanks for the input. The jacket is legitimately comfy though, so I might keep it.
>>
>>9557978
The bodice is trapunto quilting. You should check it out. As for the bias tape, I would suggest against it unless you're just looking for quick and easy because it won't get you the look you're going for. Applique would get you a better effect if you're able to pull it off.
>>
>>9559187
I've done phone deco, and It looks like some sort of foam. phone deco whip is just bathroom caulk. so that doesn't seem right.
>>
File: 6-302-01.jpg (231KB, 500x573px) Image search: [Google]
6-302-01.jpg
231KB, 500x573px
Having trouble finding a pattern to modify for Haman Karn's outfit, what type of dress should I look for to start?
>>
File: IMG_2404.jpg (56KB, 563x699px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2404.jpg
56KB, 563x699px
Hey, anyone know what would be a good dye for a wig like this thats made of sythetic fibers? Also is this dye ok for this? https://www.fabric.com/buy/0363231/jacquard-idye-poly-synthetic-dye-turquoise

And what i plan on doing is putting it in a clear box and letting the color fade out, once its as close to white as possible ill dye it

if theres any better way of going about making this wig blue id appreciate it
>>
>>9559547
I'd say an Ao Dai for the breast up and Qipao for breast down.
>>
>>9559638
Thank you!
>>
>>9559585
If I'm understanding correctly, why not buy a blue wig and respike it/start with a white wig?
My issue is that 1) it may turn green 2) it'll take a long time to fade, and it'll probably never turn white 3) if its this exact wig, it looks super low quality and I'm not sure how well it take take the dye
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (18KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
18KB, 353x500px
Anyone have any good recommendations for a Scanty wig?
>>
File: IMG_2409.png (632KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2409.png
632KB, 750x1334px
>>9559704

Its just that im not exactly sure how to style a wig. I do have a blue wig that i tried using some got2b glued spray on but it didn't exactly work

It looks like image related, even then im pretty sure i got the wrong wig because the one i have is too short
>>
File: 27954698460_0fdff611a9_o.jpg (240KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
27954698460_0fdff611a9_o.jpg
240KB, 600x900px
I know this isn't cosplay or Lolita related but what would be the best place to get a pattern for something like this? I want to make a jersey crop top like this since they don't exist for sale anywhere? Or how would be the best way to make a pattern for the sleeves?
>>
Hey so I'm looking to cosplay Griffith from berserk. I don't have any experience with armor cosplay, so I was wondering if anyone had any specific tips for this character or just a general rundown of the build process (I'd prefer to use Eva + craft foam because I have easy access to both). Also I wanted to know if the armor in the pic or Griffith' s new armor would be better for a newbie like myself.
>>
>>9560995
Here's his newer armor. I would actually prefer to do this but I get it it's too hard for someone who is new at this
>>
File: helpme.png (13KB, 80x89px) Image search: [Google]
helpme.png
13KB, 80x89px
Has anyone had any experience working with scale mail? I need to make scale mail pants (Well pants that go down to the knee anyway) Would it be possible to keep that up with a belt? There is very little information out there about scale mail pants
>>
File: DoomGuy.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
DoomGuy.gif
400KB, 488x519px
How would I make a Doomguy helmet? If I use a paintball helmet as a base, what brand\model would be the closest?
>>
I'm planning on making a circle cloak. I couldn't find any fabric I liked/afford in person. I like this fabric, ebay.com/itm/Black-Wool-Blend-Twill-Suiting-Fabric-Sold-By-The-Yard-/263005323250?epid=0&hash=item3d3c56bff2:g:5NoAAOSwi7RZKIi8 but it's described as stiff and drapes in fold I'm worried it's not going to look good. Should it be fine, or should I look around so more?
>>
what no you recomend for all day face make up in 90 degree weather? Ben nye and sealer?
>>
Thoughts on what type of fabric I should use for a Yue (CCS) cosplay?
>>
Is there any recommended place for basic clothing or do most people just shop around. I'm talking about a single place that has X type of shirt in Y color.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.