[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Stranding Military Equipment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Me and a couple of friends were thinking of doing a cosplay as these characters.
Wondering if /k/ could tell us exactly what equipment they are using, and if any parts are invented if there are any similar pieces out there.
>>
File: 1498113666779.jpg (89KB, 649x440px) Image search: [Google]
1498113666779.jpg
89KB, 649x440px
>>9533798
>>>/k/
>>
>>9533810
maybe it was moved here from /k/?
>>
Its mostly vietnam gear for the skellies.
Gimmie a moment on madsie
>>
>>9533817
American vietnam gear ofc

Mads looks a bit like marines without knee pads.
Ill be back woth more research.
>>
>>9533832
No its ww2 for the skeletons.
Tho mads can be wearing american french or british gear.
His camo looks like tri-color desert.
>>
>>9533798
When was this image released?
>>
>>9534511

It was in the trailer?
>>
>>9534528
Looks like a still from it, yeah.
>>
>>9533798

This is what he was wearing when they did the 3d mapping. Before recolor and such.
>>
Whatever you do, don't attach those cables like the trailer.
Leashes are already dangerous enough at cons, you don't need to be tied to four different people as well.

Save it for the photogs.
>>
>>9533846
The helmets are WW2-era but their uniforms look more modern.
>>
>>9535505
I read it up and its stated their outfits are entirely WW2 based except for the guy holding their leashes.

Also I didn't know they made M1 Garands with folding stocks. The more you know, I guess.
>>
File: ghosts blown out.png (2MB, 1306x1832px) Image search: [Google]
ghosts blown out.png
2MB, 1306x1832px
>>9536381
>The more you know, I guess.
I'm going to need your sources. I'm not excellent at guns and gear, but I'm seeing oddities.

The M1 should stacked barrels (whatever the function of that is) while the pictured version do not. Additionally, I am only able to confirm a rail stock on Numbers 1 and 4, counting left to right. There's also something forward of the trigger, but it doesn't look like an M1a's magazine. It's much too short, but extends as if to fit a larger cartridge.
The M14 did not have a rail stock that I am aware of until the Mk 14, but that's a whole different design. Whatever is forward of the trigger also seems too short to be 20 round magazines of the M14, although it matches roughly (roughly) with 10 rounders.

Korean war gear overlapped greatly with WWII, correct? Wikipedia tells me the 101st was fully equipped with M14s by 1961, and were the first unit to reach that status.

I need to step out, but hopefully I've pushed the discussion forward.

Also, 3 and 4 look like they have deltoid protectors, which is odd.
>>
>>953668
You know what I'm thinking? The gun is probably a made-up one ingame. It's probably a frankenstein gun like how some in MGS5 were a combination of different real world guns.

Uniform wise you're probably right.

Anyone try maybe getting a tweet out to Koijma Productions twitter about it? Maybe they would give some insight.
>>
>>9536767
Sorry meant that for >>9536689
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.