[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita Comm Thread - Summer Is Here in the North

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 20

File: 1275004085128.jpg (54KB, 460x419px) Image search: [Google]
1275004085128.jpg
54KB, 460x419px
Last thread died. Talk about your Comms, but hold the salt.
>>
>>9527912
No fun if we have to hold the salt...
My comm has always been great. A lot of drama hit us just recently, tho. The most drama I've seen in the 2 years that I've been with them.
>>
File: hehehe.jpg (178KB, 380x524px) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.jpg
178KB, 380x524px
Watching the whole fashion show replica drama unfold in my comm is oddly satisfying.
>>
>>9527912
Please don't hold the salt. My comm is great and drama free so I need your comm's salt.
>>
Last meetup I went to actually had a good number girls who were truly well dressed for a change! Ofc there were itas too but there are always itas, and I expected a much lower standard because it was a picnic meet and those tend to bring out the hot messes more than anything else.
>>
>>9527944
i'm just hoping it resolves with L pulling her head out of her ass and letting other people get involved in organizing. what a control freak.
>>
>>9527945
Do you? I wish my comm didn't have drama, it's taken all the fun out of it.
>>
>>9527962
Nayrt but drama is funniest to watch unfold from a distance.
>>
>>9527951
With the tumblr white knight brigade that doesn't know a thing about lolita backing L just for the sake of making a safe space, she never will. I just don't get the impression that she properly organizes events.She claims to do it professionally, but anything I've seen has all been idea stages only, or extremely half-assed. She even had an event planned months in advance and canceled the event on facebook the night before saying something about it 'waiting until it had a more finalized date'. I would be genuinely impressed if she has even worked on a script for the fashion show.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-06-04 23.28.52.png (301KB, 638x1154px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-06-04 23.28.52.png
301KB, 638x1154px
>>9527944
I almost feel bad for starting it... but all the caps I've been able to collect from L are probably some of the funniest/cringiest caps in my collection.

This one is the icing on the cake, sent to me after she saw the report.
I have to laugh because she says she's running 9 panels in total, and that she MUST run them because people love what she does. No... a bestie of mine works with our con and this girl is only allowed to run so many panels because panelists are hard to find.
She says I have no right to call her out because she has so many life problems, and yet she does nothing to alleviate her own stress when she could drop an event or two. ...Okay. Still don't see how that's my fault.
And finally, she calls me a stranger. The same girl who willingly told me about her deepest darkest secrets and wanted me to give her pointers and tips on an alt-lifestyle, and then expected me to offload my unused equipment onto her when I mentioned I had left said lifestyle. Yeah, I'm the epitome of a stranger.
I can't wait to see her at our con this summer.
>>
>>9527973
Goddamn I hate it when outsiders involve themselves in lolita comm stuff while having no idea wtf they're taking about. There are a few dramallamas in my comm who regularly stir shit and then vaguepost to FB about the drama THEY caused, because they know that their non-lolita friends will rally in the comments saying that lolitas are bullies and [dramaqueen] is too good for us prissy bitches etc. etc.
It's like okay you guys can have her, please take her off our hands! We'll gladly be evil bully bitches over here while she goes and weebs out with you guys over there and nobody needs to interact and then everyone is happy. Most of the time these types don't even wear the fashion properly anyway, so if they're not really that much into the fashion and they hate our community so much, why are they here?
Sorry for ranting but this annoys me so much.
>>
>>9527997
I once recommended to this person that since they're so tall, they should try an underskirt, so that it doesn't sit so high above their knees. Their reply was: "I like it this short." I thought they were just a rebellious ita, but that should've been a red flag that this is just fetish fuel. She wears it to feel sexy and naughty. Not to feel elegant and lovely.
>>
>>9528006
I disagree, I don't think that exactly warrents her being a gross fetishist. I think that an underskirt is not necessary and tends to take away from a coord if it doesn't mesh well with the dress. Would prefer a short skirt over being an ugly frilly rocket any day.
>>
>>9527978
apparently she's not attending the lolita events at the august con anymore. they're all bullies so she wants nothing to do with them lol
>>
>>9528014
The surfacing of the fetlife account saying otherwise still says gross fetishest, though.
>>
>>9528017
Good. Last year, she would come in and stay for a few minutes before leaving anyways.
>>
>>9528014
she's a ageplay kinkster
>>
File: ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png (661KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png
661KB, 848x900px
The fetish stuff is frustrating but really has nothing to do with the event. I just wish L would grow a spine and decline the two itas for being, well, itas who are unable to properly represent lolita.
>>
>>9528075
kicking the two out won't fix the fact she's a control freak that churns out shitty panels.
>>
Our Comm haven't had a major event in months and now there's 2, on the same day.
>>
>>9528085
You're right, it won't. But it really seems like no one else is willing to host lolita-related panels.

(If sister comm is willing than I apologize and I agree someone else should be doing it)
>>
One of the mods of my comm may have intentionally created a tea party on the SAME DAY as another members meet. When the other member messaged the mod, mod claimed that she was unaware that the dates were the same and offered no solution. The other member ended up deleting her event. The mod even had the nerve to name the event "Halloween tea" (same as the other members) and deemed the theme fall. I think its pathetic, tbqh. If she's a mod (and an active one at that) she had to have seen the other event at some point. Ohio comm is turning into a shit hole.
>>
>>9528105
i think if people do step up to host panels those conventions might be more likely to accept them over L's because their name won't be attached to it
>>
>>9528105
or maybe the two comms could come together to host panels for both conventions, work together to create some content!
>>
File: 1494630049071.jpg (23KB, 652x315px) Image search: [Google]
1494630049071.jpg
23KB, 652x315px
>>9528115
Unlikely, considering L is friends with the organizers.
>>9528120
Also unlikely, most people in our comm who go to sister comm's convention are cosplayers who don't lolita the whole event.

I know I'm sounding negative and unhelpful but this is kind of the way our comm is, no one wants to organize meets or events much less try to host a convention panel.
>>
Whats the NY comm like? thinking of joining but hesitant
>>
>>9528106
Agreed
>>
>>9528131
If you're in the city, its better to be a lonelita here.

There is the main comm but events didn't really happen til the mods got called out, though if you're hoping to go to a good meet or even a tea party meet, forget it. The inner circle to the mods had first dibs on attendance and you get to sit on a waiting list if one of them suddenly drops out.
Main comm leader has history as a scammer, meets are usually picnics in central park with girls who Google's "lolita anime girl" a week ago and are now apparently experts.
If you want to try and do your own meet, good luck, almost no one will come.
I've been told Jersey comm is best if you're in the city. Upper NY comm is apprently really nice.
>>
>>9528106
There was even a survey and half the people said a different day and she still had it on the same day
Glad to know there's other ohio gulls out there, it feels like no one is here because the mods are so against drama and by extension cgl
>>
>>9528106
I posted >>9528102 and I agree with you. Mods and members need to be more communicative when public events are created. I wished I could join, but it's better if I'm a lonelolita.
>>
>>9528131
Seconding everything >>9528160 said except I don't know anything about the scammer stuff.

The comm really seems to have gotten better on the surface after getting massively called out on here earlier this year, but it's really still just cliques of private meets, and hard to get into the good tea parties. Most of us are lone lolitas here until we find a group.

That being said, if you actually take the event planning into your own hands you are guaranteed to have people come. There would definitely be a good mix of itas and well dressed girls. It's hard to build close friendships but with time it happens.
>>
who in the fuck is L
>>
>>9528126
someone from the sister comm is hosting a lolita 101 panel at the july convention
>>
>>9528200
I should also add that if you make your own meet make sure it required pre-payment, otherwise a ton of flakes will say they're going but won't show up.
>>
>>9528106
Do you realize how big Ohio comm is though? I will never make the journey to Cleveland unless they host a lolita convention or something like that. I live on the other side of Cbus and a bit far at that, I only make it to a couple meets a year there
>>
>>9528106
Why the fuck are you guys having Halloween tea in June
>>
>>9528106
I wouldn't have gone to the Cleveland meet anyway. The state is big enough to justify having multiple meetups in different areas on the same day. Like >>9528106, I live near cbus and that's at least 2 hours drive. Not worth it. Think how the girls in Cincy might feel too, they're even further. And the Ohio comm barely has meets as it is. I was kinda glad people started making events on FB because things have been boring, who cares if they ended up on the same day.
>>
>>9528587
Damn meant to quote >>9528215
>>
Tired of the girls in my comm playing oppression olympics all the time. I'm pretty sure the two girls that do it the most are competing with each other. I need to grow a thicker skin and just let it go though, it's one of those things that you can't really fix or call out.
>>
>>9528587
You are entitled whiney fucks then. My state has 2 "comms" but the second comm is made of 99% of comm 1 members. If meets arent in my town, then they tend to be in a town 2 hours away. To make it worse the only good tea house left standing is 3 houra away, thus 1 hour away from halfnof comm 1. Just dont be dicks and plan shit over other members meets
>>
>>9528177
Some of the mods are active here. I'm on here every other day or so posting whatever in different threads of interest.

Different person, different mod, but I haven't been able to be involved with as much planning due to work and I forgot that the other meet was listed. I think there was a drive to set up a bigger, fancier, formal and longer meetup worth everyone attending rather than the small meets that we have in localized areas in different pockets of the state because honestly, nobody travels to different areas. It's a big state. It's not worth driving 2 hours there and back for a 3 hour meet. Infact, I don't really see people outside my area unless it's a con, and even then I only see the cbus people at cbus cons. I made it to one meet there ever and only because a group of us from my area went.

I'll see what we can do about the other meet and see if something can be figured out or arranged. Again, MIA because of my job stressing me the hell out and slightly unaware that this was going on. I'll bring it up with the others.

Psst. You can like, PM us. I'm chill. seriously.
>>
>>9528602
Ohio has plenty of members to support meetups in both areas. Iirc we even did a joint meetup over Skype one time with members from both areas. Our comm is clearly different from yours so fuck off.
>>
>>9528616
It's not an issue of having enough members to merit two events, it's an issue of blatebtly planning over an event that's been planned since like april without even asking or caring. Mod should have asked the first event organiser/rest of comm if it was cool to schedule her event on the same day. It's just common curtesy.
>>
>>9528587
Ok. There have been a number of cases where Columbus lolitas traveled to Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton, and Akron/Canton for Comm meetups. I would prefer going to the meetup in Cleveland cause it's the 4th of July. If one meetup was planned in Cincinnati and another in Cleveland, I don't think we would be having this argument right now. This is like the first meetup in FOREVER and I want to show off my new frock to everyone cause I'm a goddamn brandwhore. I don't want to pick sides.
>>
>>9528602
Nayrt but I have to travel for 1 or 2 hours for every meet and never thought that was particularly bad. There are girls in my comm who travel more than three hours both ways for every meet.
>>
>>9528691
Wait- July? I thought we were talking about the Halloween Tea in October. Was there another issue with meet scheduling. or did I misread something?
>>
>>9528596
Sounds like they are the ones who need a thicker skin, anon.
>>
>>9528200
Is there a source for the scammer stuff? If its who i think it is, it doesnt surprise me at all.
>>
>>9528106
I'm not going to Cleveland, that shitty brolita goes to so many of their meetups
>>
>>9528950
If it's the one i'm thinking of hes fuckin everywhere, comes to a lot of cbus meets also
>>
>>9528779
I think thats normal though. I've had girls in my comm complaining about an hour drive when i regularly travel 2 hours each way for a meet. 3 to the big fancier meets, but i always carpool to save on gas and it makes the drive more fun.
>>
>>9528950
What makes him shitty?
>>
>>9528779
Until I went to college, I got the train to all meets and it took me between half an hour and two and a half hours depending on which city I was going to, not including walking/bussing to the train station in my hometown. Most people I met seemed to travel about an hour for meets.
>>
>>9528779
Until I went to college, I got the train to all meets and it took me between half an hour and two and a half hours depending on which city I was going to, not including walking/bussing to the train station in my hometown. Most people I met seemed to travel about an hour for meets. Heck, even if they live in the city, getting public transport or driving and parking there will take most people 20-40 minutes.
>>
>>9528999
>>9525238
>>
>>9529034
Yikes!

>bad wig
>flower crown
>dearth of pieces to coordinate
>bad lack gloves
>bad choice of makeup
>>
>>9528827
They legitimately believe they live tortured lives and I feel for lack of a better word, privileged, that I don't have to resort to that kind of thing.
>>
>>9528131
Why do people ask this in every single comm thread
>>
What's the london comm like?
>>
>>9529175
London, Ontario or London, UK? Be specific, anon.
>>
>>9528892
If it's Y they're taking about, she got banned from LM after accumulating lots of negative feedback and pushing the blame onto other people, like her sister and hackers.
>>
>>9529175
>>9529177
London, UK
>>
>>9527912
>tfw this pic was taken almost 10 years ago
I was at this con.
I miss these times, man...
>>
>>9529190
Like most really big cities there aren't that many public meets aside from 2-3 large Tea Party Club events a year, because of the risk of creeps and weirdos turning up. There are a lot of private meetings between friends. But I don't think it's that hard to become friends with Londoners by going to the larger events, dressing well and get invited to these things.

I'm not an authority since I'm from non-London UK, but this is what I've heard from friends. I've met a lot of London girls are other meets and they've been friendly, added me on Fb, etc.
>>
the "politically correct" movement is in my comm and it's a pain
>black girl who talks about white privilege/oppression and how white racism doesn't exist during a meetup
>other girl talking about male privilege and manspreading/mansplaining
Fuck social justice warriors. I agree with the whole "privilege" shit but they're whining so hard about oppression it's eyeroll inducing. Yes, you're oppressed, we get it, you're poor oppressed nignogs wymins. Shut up and save that for your tumblr.
>>
Anyone familiar with any comms in Ohio? I can't find any on Facebook. The whole "Take lolita out of our group names in case Facebook is banning the word" thing really made it impossible to find comms...
>>
>>9529214
It's Ohio EGL
>>
>>9529218
ty anon. Are they chill or nah?
>>
>>9529221
I've been to about five meetups and I'd say they're chill. Quality of coords is hit and miss sometimes. Not a lot of drama which I like.
>>
>>9529225
Perfect! Thanks so much anon may Mana-sama bless your day.
>>
>>9528779
Cleveland is like 4 hours from where I live, Columbus is less than 2. It's totally different than other comms, I only come to Columbus meets. If Dayton were more active I'd go there
>>
>>9529180
Wow had no idea about that! I can't believe she was even trying to be a kawaii ambassador or whatever with that scam history.
>>
>>9528219
The event is in October. The member who cancelled had 7 people going to hers versus the tea that is going to include the entire comm at a nice venue
>>
>>9528106
Take the salt out of your pants. Sorry your friend's feelings got hurt. I'd much rather go to comm tea than the other one. AND they weren't even scheduled for the same day. One was Sat, one was Sun. That chick even asked in the thread if she should move her event. So take your sob story elsewhere
>>
>>9528691
>number of cases

Please stop. Columbus lolita rarely travel that far and of the ones that do it's like the same 2 people. like other anons have said, there's plenty of space for 2 meets on the same day. Hell there are three events scheduled for next weekend (including 2 cbus) but no one is up in arms about that and each group has a fair amount of people going.
>>
>>9528811
See >>9529657
>>
>>9528656
But it wasn't on the same day, one was Saturday and the other was sunday.
>>
>>9529628
Hence why no one is too surprised at her half added attempt to make it look like she cares about the comm and meets. Her private group has their own meets once a month and when they have a few chairs open they let girls squabble for it via PayPal in the comm.

Its sad because if there were more open meets more frequently, I'm sure NY would be much better dressed just by interaction and cooperation. But Y and the other mods have no interest that isn't them pushing their personal efame here and now. (Like the time Cadney visited and there was that meet no one knew about until too late )

if you're near LES you can usually see a lonelita drifting in Baby's area. I like to get sweets down there myself.
>>
>>9530007
There's two events scheduled for july 1st
>>
>>9528106
How new are you? People schedule overlapping events in the comm all the time when they're far apart in distance like that. It's likely the only reason she canceled it was because this other meet is bigger and co-hosted by all the mods some of which live in the first girls area. Personally I'm not going and wouldn't have gone to the other so I don't really care but you have 0 context here. Quit trying to make waves, did you even ask the first girl if she was upset about canceling or why she did it?
>>
>>9530223
There are 3 events scheduled for the first. The meets OP is talking about are in October. And we plan overlapping events all the time because of the distance. You must be super new
>>
Have you guys ever had a mod removed from your comm for breaking the rules? I heard some rumors and I feel like it might cause a huge uproar and split in my comm...
>>
>>9530539
What kind of rule and how serious is the break?
>>
>>9530543
I don't want to go into too many details, but something in the area of talking shit about other comm members and starting drama.
>>
I know it's early but I fucking love Halloween and have started thinking of what I can do for a Halloween meet.

Would it be really lame or awkward to try to put together a little Halloween Meet/Party in my backyard? It's a HUGE yard. I was thinking of decorating, baking, handing out candy, playing spooky board games, and maybe have a coord contest for best themed?

Maybe make it a murder mystery game?

I would host it inside but my house has no real dining room and a rather small living room. It would not be ideal to cram a lot of fluffy dresses in it.
>>
>>9530720
A murder mystery game sounds interesting. I like the idea!
>>
>>9530226
My mistake, I read the wrong thing.
>>
>>9530539
Yes, more details please.
>>
>>9530720
Sounds like a really cool idea but remember, there's a chance it could get rained off!
>>
>>9530720
Depending on the climate, that sounds like it could be really fun!
>>
File: 1492883937999.jpg (39KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
1492883937999.jpg
39KB, 700x393px
>>9530539
Which Comm are you talking about? Name and shame right now.
>>
>>9530720
Yeah I'd definitely try to plan for climate but ahhh reminds me of my house. I have a giant backyard and it would be perfect to have a picnic of like 30 girls in, but my house itself is pretty small, we don't even have a living room/if we did it'd be rather small. There's also not a lot of great parking so people would have to be really smart about carpooling.

I hope you are able to host your meet anon so I can live vicariously through you!
>>
>>9531191
>>9531175
These are my only real worry, it may not be quite cool enough even by Halloween and rain is always a possibility.

I figured if I can make it happen later into the day past the heat of the day then that would at least help. It shouldnt hit 90 degrees by October at least lol

If I wanted to be extra I could always get tent coverage
>>
>>9530539
is this one in Texas?
>>
>>9530539
>>9530689

Make it a secret!!
>>
My comm's hosting their first tea party with a brand as a guest. It's rather pricy (I think over USD$100 for normal tickets?). I kinda want to go, but I'm very knew to Lolita fashion and this'll be my first tea party so...

They've also just pushed forward comm exclusive badges for the comm.
>>
>>9531249
No I am not in the US.
>>9531204
>>9531153
>>9531251
I'm not interested in expanding the drama. I wanted to hear others' experiences who were in a similar situation. But if no one can share, I will wait it out and see what happens then.
>>
>>9530203
I go there often too anon, maybe we'll bump into one another?
Has anyone in the tri state gone to any "kawaii society" events?
I'm thinking about going to the upcoming one but i want to hear opinions if others went.
>>
>>9531447
Weak
>>
>>9531311
oh, then idc
>>
>>9530539
A mod in the neighboring state was kicked out for breaking her own rule. Then she moved to the state I'm in and became mod of the comm here doing the same thing she did in the original comm.
>>
Anybody know of an east Tennessee comm?
>>
>>9528177
>half the people said a different day

Meaning that half the people said that the chosen day was fine. Don't be salty just because your half didn't get picked. Not to mention that that survey was for a completely different meet than the one in the fall.
>>
>>9528106
Said Mod here to offer clarity. When the date was picked for the meet I checked the Events tab of the group, not knowing that it doesn't show all upcoming events (in order to see them you have to click the calendar and scroll through every single month). I had zero clue the meet was on that day and none of the other mods disagreed so we went forward with it. There was no intentional sabotaging going on and I had a nice discussion with the person whose meet was scheduled the day before (she was not forced to cancel it). I was completely unaware of her meet because I don't pay attention to things schedule outside Columbus as they're too far away to be worth my travel time and gas.

Moving forward if you have an issue with something please take it directly to the Mods instead of creating drama regarding a situation you only are viewing from the outside. Like >>9528604 said, we're pretty chill. You can talk to us if you have a concern.
>>
>>9528204
You know the character from death note
>>
>>9532049
Where in east TN are you friend because us stupid fucks decided to have two different ones
>>
Is there a "best" Texas comm? I just graduated and a lot of good job openings are in Texas but I don't know much about the difference between each city.
>>
>>9532194
metroplex by far
>>
>>9532194
btw metroplex includes Dallas, Fortworth, and surrounding including Carrolton etc...... no drama like Houston and actual activity unlike atx and caring metroplex has super caring and involved mods. Super active with meets every weekend. Well dressed members.
>>
>>9532194
definitely the metroplex, can't think of anything wrong besides the occasional awkward ita
>>
Just found out one of my friends in the comm is a furry and an ageplayer because she has it all over her instagram along with the gross convos with her SO. In a public account. Wtf.

Now I get all the disgust with age players and people who can't keep it private. No one wants to see/read that shit.

The thing is shes a good person and friend outside of that but now I can't not associate her with that.
>>
What's the story with Houston these days? Do they still have two comms?
>>
>>9532317
Same! I spend maybe 30 minutes having a nice conversation with this girl at a meet and she asked for my IG. Next day I see she followed me, except I hardly recognised her at first because her account is full of diaperfur shit. She was nice to talk to but I don't know if I can be friends with someone so socially maladjusted that they think this sort of thing is appropriate. If she'd just kept it to fetlife or whatever there wouldn't be a problem, but I can't really unsee her entire public IG account.
>>
>>9529175
Just curious, but why are you asking? Are you planing to join?
>>
>>9532209
>Meets every week
>super caring and involved mods
these are not true
>>
Our thread is boring and quiet, so I want to organize something, but I'm too new ewe
>>
>>9532812
fugg, comm*
sorry
>>
>>9532450
Same story really, two comms. It seems though that most everyone is part of both comms and goes to meets in both comms so it's unnecessary. Both comms don't want to push (advertise for) am/siw on anyone but they also have been staying out of people's business. Kinda like a live and let live mentality.
>>
>>9530720
I HATE meets at people's houses. My comm does this all the time, it's so cheap and tacky, and they charge to come in addition. Why not just get tea, have a picnic, or rent an event space for just a little more? I don't want to come to your house when I barely know you.
>>
>>9532798
sorry you're a pos that can't make friends then anon
>>
>>9532910
>I don't want to come to your house when I barely know you

That's the one reason I think it may fail, except my comm is rather small and I have hosted meets before so its not like they dont know me at all.

But other than that you sound really entitled. Event space is not "just a little more" and I was never planning on charging for admission, that would be awful!

And cheap and tacky? Not everyone is going to be able to spend hundreds of dollars on a small event. Im not trying to throw a brand tea party, just a small halloween get together with some fun for everyone.

I have a lot of land, why not use it?
>>
>>9532910
>>9532961
TBF though, if it was a ticketed event then you might as well make it an event venue since they're paying anyway. I can agree with that.
>>
>>9532209
I'm interested in moving to the Dallas area, so this is nice to hear. Especially the mods being caring and frequent meets.
>>
>>9532450
There's a storm coming. As someone on the AM staff, we work year round and this year we have some big plans. Currently there's members in HLS trying to make AM talk a little more appropriate and posting things related to SIW.
>>
>>9531249
That's not what this anon is talking about, but there's talk of a mod in Houston being overthrown- by AM, too.
>>
So I run a very small local comm, and oh god, it's so hard pleasing everybody.
I usually try to give priority to the people who frecuently go to the meets, but for god's sake, why is everybody such a fucking baby? If I make an event on facebook with a date that most people can attend to, there's always this single person who complains. Like I made an event a day ago and put a reasonable date who everybody was okay with, then changed the date because I saw someone complained, then turned out that the first date was okay, and then had to make ANOTHER MEET for the single person who complained about not being able to go to the main one. Then I tell everybody, "hey, here's this other event, in case you can't come to the main one!" and this lil dipshit who I have NEVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE goes and puts a fucking angry reaction to my post. Excuse me, but who are you to get angry? I'm being flexible, I'm making TWO FUCKING MEETS THIS MONTH SO YOU CAN GO AND THERE YOU ARE COMPLAINING LIKE A LITTLE BASTARD
I don't care how incoherent or salty I sound right now, I'm angry. This comm was left innactive for years. I took it, and I've been trying, trying to make it better than what the previous owner did (she would literally scream at people for stupid bullshit) but oh god whyyy, why are people like this.
>>
>>9533069
Wait until you try to host anything where reservations are required, thats a doozy.
>>
>>9533069
Stop trying to coddle those assholes. I mod a smaller tending to be inactive comm and the worst thing is to let people who never come to meets sway your choices. There are girls in my comm that have been bitching about every meet time/location for the 3+ years they have been in the comm, meets have even been changed to accommodate their needs and still they never show up. They are just the type of people who like to complain and giving them power will drive off good members.
>>
>>9533008
>>9532992
stop making bullshit claims to stir drama up. It's anons like you that make Houston look worse than it actually is.
>>
I know this is probably talked about a lot, but what are the comms in Los Angeles/SoCal? I may be moving there at some point. I did take a look at the Google doc but one of the links did not work so I didn't know if those were all current.
>>
We had a meetup last Saturday. it was extremely underwhelming because only me and another girl where somewhat dressed in lolita, the rest opted for normie/casual cute clothes, because of the heat. We are somewhere in the Mediterranean countries, so it was fucking hot.

I can't blame anyone because I skipped the blouse and tights/socks too, but everything was so lackluster
>>
>>9533069
It is hard, and that's why you gotta stop doing it anon. My comm is a lot more lax but we still have those people who complain pop up. However, if you keep worrying about the few who complain/can't make it, you'll literally never get anything done (which you kinda got a taste of with changing dates and making multiple meets). If you didn't already, next time I would encourage you to put dates up for voting on the event page - that way it's easy to just be like, "I'm sorry, but this is the date that got the most votes." in being a meet host you also kinda have to just figure out how to be diplomatic about bullshit like this.
>"Thanks to everyone who voted, the date of the meet is now ___. Unless something comes up, the date will not be changed as this is what the majority agreed on; I apologize if this date is not convenient and you are not able to attend - please certainly feel free to create another meet on a separate date!"

But yeah no in general anon, even though it sucks getting complained at, we're all adults here, so just let the complainers be sweat off your back. You literally won't be able to please everyone but it isn't your fault if some people are less mature about it. Even in my comm which is pretty good about this kinda stuff, we still get the occasional one random person whose never been to a meet complain about like, the cost or something.
>>
>>9532798
Are you the one coming from Oklahoma this weekend that everyone hates?
>>
>>9533769
I know there's an LA comm and an OC comm but that's about it. I'm in the OC comm even though I don't live there because my family is in that area and I go back and forth. They're pretty active, regular meets. Don't know about drama or anything though
>>
>>9533843
There's also cholitas and SD comm, depending how far south or east you mean when you say SoCal.
>>
>>9532989
You should join our facebook group. We welcome visitors if you're in the area and want to attend or plan a meet
>>
>>9531272
Come if you want. I'm only going because I'm working and can afford to spend on it. When I first started out, Black Alice was still around and I couldn't afford to go to their $30-40 meets at all on a student budget.

If you can make friends easily then I suppose its okay. Our comm used to be quite elitist, then became one big family, then fragmented into smaller cliques, so you might feel left out or confused as who to sit next to. I'm not sure if anyone from the Malaysian comm would be coming, they usually are nicer to you if you're Chinese/can speak Chinese.
>>
>>9532209
>no drama
Didn't your mods unfairly banned someone in your comm based on forged screenshots that they didn't investigate further on?
>>
>>9532992
There isn't anyone doing this. At all. Stop trying to create shit anon.
>>
>>9533133
This. Nothing has been going on at all. HLC hasn't been doing many meets or had the opportunity to talk shit about AM. HLS is doing whatever HLS does.
>>
>>9534242
Who? The fuckboy ouji? Because he's been harassing a lot of the lolitas in the comm.
>>
>>9532209
>>9532929
>>9532989

There are three mods, and two never show up to meets. They have a ghost of a presence in the FB group, but other than that... I can't remember the last time the other two made an appearance.
I'd say metroplex comm has at least two meets a month; every weekend is kind of a stretch.

The more active mod is nice, but I can't speak for the other two. "Super caring" is just not a term I would use to describe the metroplex comm members.
>>
>>9533779
Not showing up in lolita to a meetup is just plain insulting. If you don't want to suffer in the heat just don't go, those people can just hang out somewhere else.
>Maybe the mall like other normies
>>
File: ewno.png (632KB, 470x720px) Image search: [Google]
ewno.png
632KB, 470x720px
Handmade ita posted saying she's gonna wear this for the fashion show. Kill me now.
>>
>>9533779
>>9534426

I live in a place that frequently goes over 100° and we all dress in proper lolita to meetups. Just hold it indoors.
>>
>>9534438
she better wear a blouse and legwear or so help me god

>there is no salvaging that garbage but at least try jesus
>>
>>9534446
In Europe it's not that common for young people to have cars, they can't do what US girls do and go straight from an air-conditioned car to an air-conditioned restaurant.
>>
File: 9784389472_5367e77b35_o.jpg (282KB, 540x632px) Image search: [Google]
9784389472_5367e77b35_o.jpg
282KB, 540x632px
>>9534438
Yikes. I don't even know if I'm going to watch it. I'm sure it will be pretty cringey like last year.
>>
>>9534464
If you're dedicated to your frills, why not neatly fold them into a travel bag and change upon arrival? Or wear inexpensive main pieces with a hoop skirt. Or both if it's so insanely hot!
>>
>>9532207
>>9532209
>>9532225
>>9532194
>>9532194
Anon no offense, but you should not be picking the city you move to based on the lolita comm. Metroplex is the most drama-free and the most consistent with planning meetups, but Dallas and Fort Worth are such garbage cities. I guess Dallas has some weeb shit but it's nothing that a monthly trip couldn't satisfy (or the internet, for that matter).
>>
File: uw834Z1s69erao1_500.gif (498KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
uw834Z1s69erao1_500.gif
498KB, 500x281px
>>9534493
Please come, the non-itas who are actually trying to showcase the fashion will need emotional support.
>>
>>9532170
Around the sevier county area
>>
>>9534560
I honestly think the non-itas should band together and drop out together so that only the milanoo itas and replicachans get to go on. If the host gets upset, hopefully it's so she'll learn that there need to be standards for this sort of thing.
>>
File: gyajgVw01rgjoono1_500.gif (450KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
gyajgVw01rgjoono1_500.gif
450KB, 500x281px
>>9534758
I don't have that kind of sway in the community. I don't think I could convince anyone to drop it.
>>
>>9534549
I admit it’s weird criteria, but if I’m moving somewhere for a job I want there to be other things I enjoy as well, and an active lolita community is important to me. I just applied for an opening in Denton and it looks nice enough.
>>
>>9534357
If that where the case I don't think HLC or Metroplex would have added him back.
>>
>>9534438
This chick again?! Yikes.
>>
>>9534464
That's still no excuse. If you actually pick out a day to wear lolita, do it. Otherwise what's the point of going to a meet? Wear a chiffon op, ankle socks and a hoop skirt.
>>
>>9534446
We were around 42 Celcious that weekend, but yea, I guess it is not an excuse. I wish my comm weren't such itas
>>
>>9534833
I believe in you!
>>
>>9534833
I didn't think I had sway either.

And look what I started.
>>
>>9534357
Is that the ugly one who goes out with a lolita and keeps trying to open a shop?
>>
>>9534943
That is fucking ita as hell. In my country it's 30C+ all year round. We just meet indoors.

I'm about to move from a tropical place with a tiny comm, to a temperate climate with a HUGE community. Probably the biggest in my country. I'm so excited and nervous. I'm really excited to start having a seasonal wardrobe, with opportunities to wear cardigans and coats when it gets cool. I'm also very excited to go to the big brand teaparties and lolita-friendly cultural happenings and meet new people. I'm also terribly afraid of being judged. There's so many cute and famous girls there, and I don't feel like I fit into their aesthetic. I own and wear brand regularly, and am easily one of the best dressed people in my current comm. But I'm not a size XS and I don't wear basic AP clone coords, which is what the desired ideal there seems to be. I like to make really artsy thematic coords, and I'm not sure it'll be well received.

Oh well, if they don't like me I can still go to all the fun lolita events with my boyfriend. Just be a lonelita. Any tips and advice or experience from those in really large comms? The biggest comm I've ever been in was like 50 people at the largest annual meetup. The new comm I'm going to is more like in the hundreds.
>>
>>9535096
As someone from a huge comm, the AP clone thing is not a standard at all. Maybe five years ago, but now it's all about the classic. The awesome thing about a giant comm is the diversity.
>>
>>9534357
Been around him at a few meets and at A-kon, never seen any harassment. He's really more awkward than anything.
>>
>>9534464
It's not very common for young people in the US to have cars either. Especially new cars with air conditioning.
>>
>>9535096
>But I'm not a size XS and I don't wear basic AP clone coords, which is what the desired ideal there seems to be. I like to make really artsy thematic coords
Is this just code for "I'm a fat ita" or what? The ~artsy~ ita in my comm thinks she's the most well-dressed one here, too. She's not.
>>
>>9535359
Classic is still a lot less common than sweet, unless you mean the OTT "classic" that Baby's been pushing.
>>
>>9534357
But he's in that comm, so the mods wouldn't have added him back if that where the case. I mean I'm pretty sure there's a zero tolerance rule.
>>
>>9535541
Depends on where you live. In SoCal (except for LA) everyone I knew had a car by 16
>>
>>9535655

Yeah sweet is still popular but no one is doing the AP clones thing anymore. In a huge comm (or honestly in any comm that I've heard of?) no one is going to judge you for not wearing AP sweet. There are a ton of gothic and classic lolitas, all friends with each other. Big comms have cliques, but even those cliques are not separated by style. Most lolitas wear more than one style anyway.

In my experience the stuck up clique prefers the Baby OTT classic you're referring to, because they have massive egos and think they are actually princesses.

>>9535096
"Unique" and "artsy" coords are actually very much loved and appreciated (assuming it's not ita).
>>
What's the comm in Sydney (Aus) like? And how do I join? I can't find them on facebook
>>
>>9533769
Two LA comma (kinda), an OC comm, and an SD comm. all super cool and lots of blending, minimal drama because people are chill. The worst thing you can say is the LA comm is a little cliquey but they're a very old established one and they're not shitty about it, its just to be expected.
>>
>>9535544
>>9535696
Yeah no, I wear brand and get 600+ likes on COF when I post. I just push the boundaries of lolita though. Last time I got posted here there was a huge argument about whether the coord was 'lolita' enough. The consensus was it looked cute and original and well put together, but a lot of people were going "yes but is it lolita?" And the place I'm going to is very into the whole blouse + jsk + headbow + OTKS + teaparties kind of basic cookie-cutter lolita. I'm a size 12, so not itawhale but not skinny either.
>>
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/life/article/Fantastical-Lolita-style-woven-into-Houston-11243139.php?cmpid=keywee_facebook_audience&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=2017_audience_kw&kwp_0=451329#photo-13140926 wat...
>>
>>9536674
It was cringey when it was posted in the general thread and it's cringey here.
>>
File: 1427376314796.png (176KB, 615x494px) Image search: [Google]
1427376314796.png
176KB, 615x494px
>>9536107
>Yeah no, I wear brand and get 600+ likes on COF when I post.

If you're trying this hard you're clearly lying.
>>
>>9536674
are you in this article, anon? you sure seem hyped about posting it
>>
>>9536107
I honestly have doubts to how well-dressed of a lolita you are if you have to put down "cookie cutter" lolitas and refer to your CoF likes in order to establish your street cred. Especially when the amount of likes you receive on CoF is affected by a bunch of factors other than how good your coord is.

People like the generic lolita formula because it works, and it's possible to have unique and interesting coords without acting like an edgelord.
>>
>>9536780
This.
>>
>>9536674
This is cringey as fuck and such false bullshit.
>>
>>9533843
>>9533851
>>9536105

Thanks anons, good to know!
>>
File: 1024x1024(3).jpg (56KB, 1024x710px) Image search: [Google]
1024x1024(3).jpg
56KB, 1024x710px
>>9536674
The photos are bad. I mean who does this in public.
>>
File: 1024x1024.jpg (39KB, 671x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1024x1024.jpg
39KB, 671x1024px
>>9537888
And her petticoats are showing.
>>
>>9537890
Aww, that's otherwise a really cute coord though. I doubt the normies reading the article would notice or care about petticoats.
>>
File: 20150912_171827_Richtone(HDR).jpg (65KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
20150912_171827_Richtone(HDR).jpg
65KB, 360x640px
>>9536107
I don't think you get what "artsy" lolita is and what "cookie cutter" lolita actually is.

A blouse, jsk, headbow, and legwear are not "cookie cutter", it's literally the items required in the lolita formula, just like a petticoat. Having a cookie cutter coord is wearing a full set, or wearing things in a basic overdone way, such as holy lantern jsk/op + holy lantern socks + the bat headdress.

Pic related is a more creative approach but it still has all of the staples that meet the requirements of the fashion.

If you are going so "creative" that people can't even tell it's lolita fashion, that doesn't mean it's good. If that's how you like to dress then good for you, please enjoy it. There's no need for you to try and shove it into lolita though. If you are doing it to get hundreds of likes on CoF then idk you clearly care too much and sound like a cosplayer.
>>
>>9536674
How efame hungry can SQ be? She said the reporter was going to interview us for the comm. Not write a piece on just herself.
>>
>>9537888
>who does this?
Seems like she is just showing the detail, nothing major.
>>
>>9536107
are you that one girl who tries to wear ero lolita for every hecking coordinate
because if so, people are going to question you. ero is on the same level as punk lolita to pull off--when newbies do it, they usually get it wrong. even experienced lolitas find it hard to balance. if that's the sort of road you're going down, I think the only advice I can offer is to get used to the criticism, man.
>>
>>9536674
I wish they weren't the ones representing the Houston community. Noone likes her because she's always smack dab in the center of all the drama. This is exactly the reason I don't go to meets hosted by her.
>>
>>9537890
oh shit, i met this girl once and she was a complete bitch to me. i have to admit i'm feeling schadenfreude from reading this embarrassing article.
>>
>>9535959
It's quiet. The group really isn't that hard to find, join the general Aus comm first if you have to.
>>
>>9537864
>>9538278
>>9538445
>>9538478
This article was apparently supposed to be written about the community. The representative for Houston Post showed up to one of our meetups after HLC mods/members said yes to her interviewing. The interviewer apparently focused in on SQ and her husband, making the article about them. It was not SQ's active choice. It appears that this author has written odd articles in the past, focusing in on a small detail like in this case. I think this mostly has to do with the Houston Post.

We all know these are a handful of salty people posting, more than likely in the AM group who are stirring up drama. Only a few actually have a problem with SQ. Please just stop. HLC is tired of the drama and tired of the bs. I stand by the idea that Houston drama should be banned here because it's honestly very old. Nothing happens in the comm, and when it does, it's blown up on cgl like a nuclear bomb went off when, in actuality, it was a leaf hitting the ground. Stop making stuff sound like Armageddon online.
>>
>>9538879
i'm not part of your comm, chill. i was just making an observation about how A) the article is embarrassing and B) "SQ" is a bitch. it doesn't go any deeper than that, and honestly your posts begging for everyone on an anonymous imageboard to stop talking about your drama-ridden comm don't help.
>>
>>9538891
So, if you aren't a part of our comm A) why do you care about our drama, B) how would you possibly know what kind of person SQ is?

I'm not "begging" for anything. In the past, many members of HLC have stepped up to request that the topic be banned as well as countless other anons who aren't even in the state and don't want to hear about fake drama. Obviously you're here to stir the pot or you're here for stale drama.
>>
>>9538892
I met her at a con and she was a cunt? The world goes beyond your comm you know. You're only making yourselves look worse.
>>
>>9538893
How are we making ourselves look worse? For saying that 99% of what anyone posts about either of the Houston comms is bs? Come on.

Also, my original comment was not a direct response to yours necessarily but a response to several comments. Just pointing that out.
>>
>>9538897
>not a direct response
>gave me a (You)

what i said in my original post still stands. if the comm didn't want any more negative attention thrusted at them then they probably shouldn't have agreed to do this shitty article.
>>
>>9538879
Is this the same interviewer that the hls mods refused to associate with and SQ decided it would be a good idea to associate with him anyways?

I'm anti AM, and I'm also anti SQ. Why? Because of stuff like this article.
>>
>>9538928
Yes. One of the HLS mods even posted about the interviewer and they declined. Exactly for this reason, HLC shouldn't try to even be on the media.
It's the fact everyone is out for efame.
>>
>>9538879
>more than likely in the AM group who are stirring up drama

Who are you? Bri? SQ? I think of only you two saying that. Am girls wouldn't even be in your comm with a freaking 3 yard pole. They've been blocked, harassed and intimidated by everyone that they ended up staying with AM. John knows how to manipulate them and you guys drove them to him.
>>
>>9539149
I agree. When you're mean to someone and bully them they try to find people who are going to be nice to them.. who is always going to be nice? The people being paid to be.
>>
>>9539149
Who is Bri? Yes, AM people still exist in our comm and they're very much still present on their own. How did we drive people to him? Several of HLC's mods still are openly pro-AM and another still attends SIW events. We are a mixed crowd. It seems though that people who are pro-AM are often anti-Stevie, probably because she's so staunchly against them. Are you even in our comm? We might have banned the topics in Houston's comms, but pro-AM people are very much still around. Everyone knows that.
>>
>>9539537
Ok Bri.
>>
How do you guys deal with perma-itas in your comm? We have one that isn't a newbie (she's been wearing it longer than I have) and she continues to look absolutely awful. On top of that, she has an ita attitude so she's not very pleasant to be around.
>>
>>9539556
You kind of don't? It's not really your place to tell an ita to stop coming to meets or being part of a comm. Especially if your comm has enough non itas for you to socialize with. Just don't sit next to her at meets, that way you don't feel required to socialize. It's not like you are required to be friends with her.

I don't get why people think we need to "deal with" itas in a comm, if they are not hurting anyone.
>>
>>9539545
Same anon, I don't think there's a Bri in either comm. I checked. But ok.
>>
>>9537908
You don't NEED a blouse or socks, you can make a casual coord that's still lolita. As long as the silhouette and aesthetic is there, it reads as lolita. The rules are to prevent newfags from calling a hot topic dress with no accessories lolita
>>
>>9539612
anon spelled her name wrong
>>
>>9539619
Maybe not a blouse or socks exactly but you DO need leg wear at all times, and some sort of sleeves. You don't HAVE to wear a blouse, but you should wear either: an op, blouse, bolero, cardigan, shawl/capelet, cutsew, shirt or something. If you want to go blouseless in a jsk, it is ita. Same for no leg wear, because WHY?

If you don't like the aesthetic then why try to be a lolita? If you want to wear jsks without anything, and go barefoot, whatever, just don't call it lolita. Why would you want to be in a niche fashion if you don't actually want to be in a niche fashion?
>>
>>9539556
Learn to get over it I assume?
>>
>>9539619
What >>9539648 said is spot on. You need to cover your shoulders at least somewhat and have some sort of legwear, even if it's just frilly ankle socks.

If you want to wear floofy dresses with no shoulder coverings and no legwear, try pinup style.
>>
>>9538879
i agree that we shouldnt have any more drama in houston. so does am. we had a meeting last month and discussed SQ directly, so to be fair im sure some of my coworkers are posting on here. thats why were tryna get rid of SQ. more people hate her than you think.
>>
>>9538879
If it was supposed to be about the whole community, where are the other professional photo shoots of the other girls in the community? These are professional shots, and they either sent them to the writer or had a shoot with him. Therefore they were aware that the article would be about them.
>>
File: Capture.png (211KB, 496x593px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
211KB, 496x593px
Shouldn't have wasted $45 getting a fucking rat tail haircut then.
>>
>>9539877
Anon, you can't talk about the shitty haircut and not post it.
I usually don't support vendettas, but I'm curious.
>>
>>9539900
>>
>>9536107
>I wear brand and get 600+ likes on COF when I post
So does that MtF who looks like a gross old man in a dress, so excuse me for not being very impressed.
>>
>>9539877
>>9539900

I'm a moron and didn't cap he full screenshot. To clarify - this was posted in the Melbourne comm group.
>>
>>9539568
Nayrt but it does hurt the image and reputation of the comm when an ita has her actual asscheeks hanging out and blatantly scratches their crotch in public because "lolitas don't have to be lovelies it's just clothes no bully". People will think we're weirdos anyway, sure, but being associated with someone so gross definitely does hurt us even more. Sometimes people are trash through and through and it's better to get rid of them. Too bad everyone here's too passive to do it.
>>
>>9539648
Disagree. Brands and Japanese lolitas have been wearing and showing bare shoulder coords in summer for years. If the dress is right it fits the aesthetic. It's street fashion anyway, not as "niche" as you are trying to make it
>>
>>9539667
Pinup has a totally different petticoat silhouette and aesthetic. Lolitas can be cute and have cupcake poof, while pinup is sexy. Not wearing socks or tights is not automatically sexy, it depends on how you style your look. You guys seem new, you can break rules without being ita
>>
>>9539942
I've been wearing the fashion for over 5 years. While I've seen a handful (emphasis on only a HANDFUL) of non-ita blouseless coords, I've never ever seen a coord sans-socks that wasn't ita. Like, do you even know what you're talking about?
>>
>>9539910
I promise you that normal people think you're as fucking weird as that ita, whether she is there or not. Most people can't tell that shit apart.
>>
>>9539999
Nayrt but my friends, who are mostly guys who have no interest in fashion at all, immediately picked out the local ita in a group pic I showed them and were like why is she there, she looks retarded. They don't understand lolita and think it's weird but they can still see the difference between a well put together coord and a Milanoo disaster. If that ita in anons comm also behaves badly on top of dressing badly then yeah people will notice and she'll drag everyone down with her.
>>
>>9539999
Not true
>>
>>9539811
But that's the bullshit they always spout. They try to say they didn't do anything and they didn't know it would go that way when it's very obvious it was set to be for them to be the ones in charge. They're trying to lie their way out of it.

Sometimes SQ acts like John in the early days of the HLC/AM fallout, where she only wants go boost herself and the cons she's working at but gets salty when people don't fall for it twice. Fool me once...
>>
>>9540365
I agree.
I really don't think she should be an hlc mod since she doesn't have the best interest of the group in mind. She only cares about herself.
>>
>>9539537
Bree Love. Not Bri like anon said. She's the bitch that's always on the defense about HLC and SQ and bitches constantly about AM.
>>
>>9534549
Hey, Dallas is a nice city with a lot to do. What are you even whining about?
>>
>>9542108
the fact that it's a heinously boring city that's not even that nice but ok anon
>>
>>9542141
Sorry that you don't have friends to go out with and do things with.
>>
File: flag_of_lithuania.jpg (66KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
flag_of_lithuania.jpg
66KB, 900x450px
Any anons here from Lithuania? We're trying to start a group for all the Baltic lolitas, and would love to find some Lithuanian lolitas as well. Community spreadsheet doesn't have them listed.
>>
>>9542144
lol wut? I don't live in that shit hole, so even if that were the case it's totally irrelevant. Nice try tho, enjoy your shitty home!
>>
>>9542141
>>9542144
There's art galleries and guns shows almost every weekend tho.
>>
>>9540365
SQ knows how to manipulate people and those people know how to act like the victim and say "oh my god! I didn't know!" once shit hits the fan. Just like John and the AM crap.
BITCH.
You fucking knew. Stop acting stupid with your victim complex. They know what they're doing.
>>
A girl from my comm keeps getting posted in the ita and COF threads and is torn apart each time. Her coords actually do look a lot better IRL than in the pics she posts, and she's one of the sweetest girls I know. I don't know what to do. I don't want to defend her, because I feel like it'd just be accused of either white knighting or self-posting and I don't want to make things worse. Plus, some of the criticism is accurate. I'm just wondering if a mod from our comm should step in and message her about what to fix, just so she stops getting crapped on so bad every week.
>>
>>9544282
Unfortunately you can't stop people from shitting on her, some people dress well and still get shitted on here. Just give gulls any reason to bitch and they will.
Maybe instead of waiting for a mod to step in, offer your help? If you know what and how she can improve, ask her if she would like some suggestions on her coords. Don't be pushy about it though, if she says no just let her be. At the end of the day, having mediocre coords and getting posted on cgl isn't the worst thing that could happen to someone.
>>
There's a girl in my comm and I don't know if I'm being weird but she really makes me uncomfortable. She's not from here, but she's obsessed with this country. It's like a weeaboo but for our area. I don't know how other people in the comm feel about her so I'm afraid to gauge opinion. It doesn't help that she's a serial rufflechat poster and perma ita even though she claims to be wearing the fashion for years.
Maybe I'm overreacting, but it just feels very weird.
>>
>>9544285
Thanks, that helps a bit. It just bums me out to see her getting shredded all the time. The only thing I could help her with honestly is maybe pointing her in the direction of better shoes/legwear, but I honestly don't know where to find stuff that would fit her.

>>9544296
Which comm? Or which country?
>>
>>9536107
>defensive fatty
Are you the fattychan from the ita thread that got nuked? Cuz girl wearing a size 12 dress you can't zip up isn't the same as actually being a size 12
>>
>>9544282
The best thing you can do is let it be. If she is bothered by it, she doesn't need to share her coords. People get posted. I get posted. My old pics sometimes end up as thread starters for otherwise general threads about substyles and dissolve into scrutiny. You have to realize that /cgl/ just isnt as relevant as people make it out to be. Half the people here are painfully new and cant tell ita from simple or toned down.

The moment you jump in is the moment more attention is given to her and anyone else in her pictures.

Just let it be.
>>
>>9544282
I don't think it's a comm mods job to do that and I feel like anyone offering her even more help would feel worse.

I agree with the others, she doesn't NEED to post in CoF, it's not a requirement for being a lolita. CoF was meant for a place for people to share coords but turned into an attention and popularity contest. Tell her to just stop and post her stuff on Instagram instead, or not at ll. Yes sometimes cgl will still find and post stuff from Insta also, but you're either going to be an internet lolita or wear it for yourself and keep in on your own Facebook. Personally that's what I chose to do because I don't care about internet popularity and don't feel like wasting the mental energy finding out strangers opinions and whether I have been posted.
>>
>>9542876
This x1000. So many people know the truth about SQ.
>>
>>9544282
I feel like I'm in a similar situation to the girl in your comm. If she's anything like me, she can probably tell the difference between just getting crapped on and actual crit. Like other anons said I wouldn't get involved, unless it seems like she's not taking any of the legit suggestions, and then I might gently nudge. Definitely don't try to defend her though. Some people defended me and I was accused of self-posting. It always makes the situation worse.
>>
>>9544282
If you really feel obligated to do something, which I do understand, the only thing you can/should do is help her. Even if it's just photo tips, you can just casually talk to her about Lolita to be friendly and see if you cant work in some tips. Otherwise it really sounds like her own problem and that she may not give a shit, which is fine.
>>
>>9544296
Ireland?
>>
File: 1499028744094.jpg (324KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1499028744094.jpg
324KB, 2048x1152px
Since it keeps getting nuked in the Ita Thread, lets talk about the Ohio Comm here.
>>
>>9545213
Stop
>>
>>9545213
Was this taken at someone's princess themed Sweet 16??
>>
>>9531272
I'm skipping it because really, Physical Drop is frumpy af. Have fun at the tea party though!
>>
How are the Toronto/Ontario comms? I'm considering joining them.
>>
>>9545270
shit where is that? I love physical drop.
>>
>>9537888
>who does this
Anime characters when they get emotional.
>>
>>9545213
You're beating a dead horse now.
>>
>>9545213
Left made a good choice on wearing sunglasses
>>
>>9545213
Literally sat in the audience at Colossalcon's fashion show cringing at the bad advice these people gave. Watching the couple of well dressed girls and guy up there squirm was heartbreaking. That fetishy-looking guy needs to leave too. Talking in that fake high-pictched voice and the curtsies was just weird. Of course these people all said basically to ignore con-crit too with the eternal ita "just wear what you want". Glad I could just go home to my comm, but damn I feel bad for those who are stuck.
>>
>>9542508
So how would you know it's 'heinously boring' then? Is this Autumn?
>>
>>9545213
This is mostly Cleveland people tho, the comm is really spread out
>>
>>9545416
nayrt but 90% of non-Dfw texans hate Dfw, this is not a new thing. your city just sucks ass.
>>
>>9545503
Still better than Houston. Both city and comm-wise
>>
>>9545295
Singapore
>>
>>9534560
>>9534833
Good luck Crona gif chan! Show them what it means to be a true lolita.
>>
>>9545503
can confirm, i hate dfw with a passion and loathe the trips for akon and afest
>>
>>9545213
>>9545463
Nope, I knpw this is petty but i'm mad tgat tgey got the last two threads nuked. When I first saw the picture they didnt look bad to me. Just the guy can leave. And ohio has always been a problemetic place. Im not talking clothes but attitude.
>>
>>9527978
She isnt being paid to run these panels is she? Also it would be hard for someone else to do panels cause they wouldnt want to hurt l-chan feelings. But I say go for it! There can be more than one person doing things, just dont copy her and explain you just want to put something together.
>>9529207
>>9528596
Just stop with the racial hate sjw talk. Its tedious. You obv have an agenda. Almost every board some crazy white national stuff comes up. Lolitas hace real drama and dread so we dont need this. I tried to ignore but its too much. I was in a fatties thread and someone turn that into white national. Too much. Plus j fash isnt european to start with.
>>
>>9532091
Nayrt. But no. If soneone wants to say something without being official then thats what lj and 4chan is for. Ohio sounds like the pitts.
>>
>>9531272

Tickets are 88USD (not above 100USD, that would be insane)
>>
>>9544576
Yes. It's probably obvious who I'm talking about. Am I being really horrible? Be honest, I don't want to put my foot in my mouth at a meetup.
>>
>>9546778
I know who you mean but I'm not anywhere near you geographically, never met any of your comm so couldn't say about the consensus.

She has been wearing it for years but continues to look like absolute shit, she obviously doesn't understand the lolita aesthetic at all....She is also obnoxious online so hasn't made any good impressions there.
>>
>>9546657
I don't think you get paid for running a panel at a convention? Like you get a discounted pass but that's about it. But I think there are people interested in hosting panels that aren't close enough to L-chan to worry about hurting her feelings.
>>
>>9532091
Nayrt. But no. If soneone wants to say something without being official then thats what lj and 4chan is for. Ohio sounds like the pitts.
>>9533069
You sound too high strung. Just cause someone voiced a concern doesnt mean they wanted you to change something.
>>9544282
Tell her to quit posting. Goodness.
>>
>>9545273
garbage. they're all garbage
>>
>>9546657
L wants to be the only person allowed to run a fashion show for the comm, and she always demands sole control and then produces a half-assed show. She complains that it couldn't have been any better because no one stepped up to help. We'd rather get rid of her altogether at this point.
>>
>>9546657
>>9547008
People /have/ offered to help, from what I understand. L just needs to pass the reins over to someone else, at least for a few of her panels. 9 between 2 different conventions is ridiculous and unfair.
>>
>>9546497
How so? I have yet to meet anyone from there that I didn't like.
>>
>>9547041
That's what I mean, people offer to help but she says no, she wants to do it her way and her way only. Like, if you're not agreeing with her 100%, she thinks you can't help her at all. However, if you do end up agreeing with her 100%, she won't want your help because she's had lots of practice and people love her panels. There's no winning.
>>
>>9545295
NYC too.
>>
>>9547456
Unfortunately, the same thing happens with the Maid Cafe run by this convention. No one else is allowed to have any input, unless the input directly correlates with the leaders.

Now I understand why you guys are upset. It's one thing to read about it online, but when you also live through the situation it becomes almost mind numbingly frustrating. I've just given up at this point, I hope some Lolita in the comm will keep fighting.
>>
>>9547456
>>9548059
I feel like this is a common theme at conventions. A friend of mine applied to do a lolita panel at a small, local con. She received a reply saying she was welcome to do so, but that someone else had already been granted a general jfashion panel, and given a better time slot already. They recommended that my friend see if the jfashion panelist needed any help with the lolita part of her presentation, so she'd have a better turn-out, and they could give the other panel slot to a non-repeating topic.

So she contacted the other panel-running. The girl refused help, said she'd been a lolita for years and knew what she was doing. My friend decided to skip the panel for the year since they offered her a really crappy time (near closing on the Sunday), and went to the jfashion panel on the Saturday to see how it went.

The girl gave all kinds of really outdated info, including a list of lolita shops that no longer are even open (such as In the Starlight and La Dauphine), and generally just missed the mark for lolita. The other jfashion topics aren't something my friend knows about, so she didn't relay any info on that front, but I'd assume it was just as outdated.

My friend approached her at the end of the panel, and asked if she'd like help from the comm for next year, or maybe to even do a fashion show, and was rebuffed again. So my friend decided to just apply really early this year, and hope she gets a better slot, because this girl doesn't know what she's doing. We found out later from another comm member that this girl apparently has done the same panel every year for four years running without anyone having noticed, and hasn't updated any of her presentation in that time.
>>
>>9546778
Nayrt but I'm gonna be honest I sympathize with being a weeb about Ireland. My father's father is from Clare and I have gaelweeby dreams about one day returning to fatherland to live in the country and own chickens and a cow and all kinds of stupid stereotype shit. Your fault for living in such a gorgeous place with such interesting/tragic history and great architecture and such a diaspora over the last century!!! (Loljk but also not really.)
>>
>>9548188
nayrt but this is cringe
>>
>>9545213
That girl in the tiara is almost as bad as the weird dude on the right
I met her at ohayocon once and she instantly rubbed me the wrong way, but i thought maybe it was because i think she's ESL
but she's constantly flooding the comm page with pictures, like, this last meetup she posted 7 fucking albums to the page, all full with pictures. So annoying.
I'm looking to host a meetup in sept, i'm praying to god people dress better than the two july meetups we've had.
I'm annoyed because I can't figure out who ohio-ita is, all I know is she's in my area. I want to make sure I stay away from her at meetups and not sell or buy from her. She sounds really terrible
>>
My comm is extremely dead. I've been to about 3 meets so far, and no more than 5 people ever show up, it's sad. The mods of my comm not only never go to meets or create events, but upon lurking their FB pages, they don't even seem to wear lolita? What do, gulls? Should I try to take over the comm? I'm pretty good at organizing events and was thinking about hosting one soon.
>>
>>9549111
Hosting events is not the same as taking over the comm and is not frowned upon, especially since the mods are MIA. You should go for it, and make the comm something you will be happy to be a part of.
>>
Why is the Lolita scene the most cancerous cosplay related thing? It seems like you are all miserable and complain about everything. Why still do it? I'd think it'd get to a point where it's not worth it no matter how much you love it.
>>
>>9546497
>>9548059
The problem isn't the comm overall. We have pretty chill people who dress decent and understand how to be a decent human being. The problem is we have the occasional petty bitches who think cgl is their stage and complain about anything they should just know to shut up about or google to figure out themselves. I love the comm, just not all the people.
>>
File: max knows bait when he sees it.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
max knows bait when he sees it.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>9549161
>Lolita scene
>cosplay related
>>
>>9549161
4chan threads are not the most accurate representation of any hobby and people are inclined to be more negative when they're anonymous. There are plenty of lolitas who just happily dress up with their friends and don't get involved in online drama.
>>
>>9549229
people do wear it to anime conventions
>>
>>9549250
People wear regular clothes to cons too, doesn't make it related to cosplay.
>>
>>9549161
You could say that about literally any hobby, especially ones involving teams/groups.
>>
>>9549288
Conventions aren't exclusively anime and cosplay anymore, dumbass. Lolita is popular at cons because it's a form of Japanese fashion and it's a staple for a lot of cons now to have things in relation to the J- fashion community. So sorry your precious cosplay isn't getting attention anymore because it's so mainstream now.
>>
>>9538299
>hecking
please go away.
>>
>>9545388
Ehhh no one really said to completely ignore con-crit. Most of the advice was to ignore nitpicks and people being rude and to just keep trying.

I thought that most of them that walked in the show were decently dressed. Also, its volunteer so if you want to see great coords bring one and walk.
I think there were a few brand new girls there too and for beginners, most of them weren't god awful. They'll learn eventually.
What did you like though? What would be well dressed to you? I just want to know if its just personal taste or what.
>>
File: 74238948295234.png (52KB, 444x287px) Image search: [Google]
74238948295234.png
52KB, 444x287px
>>9549439
I just said lolita had nothing to do with cosplay, can you read?
>>
>>9546778
You're not being horrible. There's something off with that girl, I got taken in by her until I saw some stuff that she posted.
>>
>>9550881
Going to start with what I didn't like so you can deny shit like this next time. The horrible costume-grade wa-lolita, the wrinkled oddly sewn out of bed-sheet fabric hand-made lolita, the dirty looking girl with bad makeup and neon-pink open -toed sandals with dirty socks, again the fetishist looking guy with the bad coordinate, untrimmed wig, and creepy poses/fake voice. The girl who straight up said oh just be rude to someone who asks what you're wearing. No it is not necessary to say something like "And how much did YOUR clothes cost". That shit reflects badly on the entire community. But no, saying things like "Just ignore what others say about you! You know you look good so it doesn't matter" is not good advice. It doesn't matter if it's volunteer. Quality over quantity.

The hostess in Astro Regimen, the girl with the masquerade coordinate, guy(?) in horror garden, the couple in Moitie, the girl in Souffle song(I think?) and a couple others looked decent.
>>
Hostess here. Thanks for the feedback. Let me explain a bit about the process.

Basically, up until days before the convention /days/, we had less than 10 applicants, some were outright rejected.

>>9550948
>It doesn't matter if it's volunteer. Quality over quantity.
I have to think of the event in the mindset of different attendees.

1. People involved in lolita. They are here to enjoy a good fashion show. You want good quality stuff, good inspiring coords. Nice stuff to look at and to put together an event they will enjoy. These are the people I'd like to cater to the most, unfortunately, see above.

2. People in the fashion show. At the end of the day, they are paying attendees, just as much as the audience and the most discerning members. Being in the fashion show may make their weekend. You can be picky, but how much can you be? What are you working with? Also most tend to be in category 1.

3. Non-Lolita Attendees. These people are coming to the show to watch it. It's an event. They see the event takes up 1 hour of their time. They are going to expect to be there for the better part of it at least. They're not going to want to attend an event where it says 1 hour, but it actually lasted 10 minutes.

Things you cannot control or gauge from online applications ahead of time:
- How people will respond to questions.
- How people act on stage or how they speak.
- How many people will actually apply?

In the end, it's a fine line to walk and these types of fashion shows are never the kind of tier that more experienced lolitas want to see. At the same time, it is lolita programming and there's room for improvement of course.

There are options to go off of in the future to provide a better event. Have more indie brands involved to use for time filler, provide a mini panel with better controlled content, try to get a full-on brand fashion show and have the brand approve their model applicants.

Also, you are welcome to be the kind of content you want to see.
>>
>>9551011
Also, I'm one of the mods since the discussion is about the comm. Not everyone in the fashion show is part of the comm. Some of the people I've never seen before in my life. One girl was from FL if I remember. The con attracts people from all over desu.
>>
>>9546778
I'm not even in your comm but I can't help but cringe every time I see her post. I'm so sorry, anon.
>>
>>9538879
SQ is rude as shit. I've worked with her AT cons. She's a snob, rumour mill and makes fun of girls during events. Very unprofessional. Who wants to work with that?
>>
>>9551136
>makes fun of girls during events
last year i was at a con and complimented her coord. she gave me the stinkeye, did a small eyeroll, and turned away from me. talked to my friends that are actually in the comm, they confirmed this was her typical behavior.

i had never met her before that. sorry SQ, you dress well but your face and your personality aren't doing you any favors.
>>
>>9536107
why do I feel like you're decora girl
>>
>>9551141
What really ticked me off is that she says she mods 20hrs.... Bitch please. No you don't. The meets she "hosts"? She doesn't host that many and she purposely scheduled them the same day as the other comn and says she didn't know. You have three of your mods in hls. How the fuck do you not know?
>>
So I'm trying to get to know more people in my comm, and many of them want to hang out. Problem is, our comm doesn't host meets often. And when they do, it's usually the same group of people who attend due to schedule conflicts.

I'd like to host my own meet up so I can see as many of my friends as possible, and because we all have the same availability. Normally I'd have no worries about going out with 1 or 2 friends, but we're talking 5+ wanting ti dress up. So imo this kind of pushes it from "friends hanging out" to "hey we're having a private meet" and I'm worried people are going to get upset that I didn't think to invite them.

I was originally going to host at a rec center in my complex, and host tea. But it has a rule where if you're bringing more than x amount of guests, you have to file for a request 30 days in advance to reserve your spot.

Should I try to find a different venue and make it a public event to avoid stepping on anyone's toes? Or does making it a public event step on the mods toes? Our mods have said before that anyone is welcome to host a meet, and I went nuts on that and hosted in the past. But I noticed they started treating me differently once I started regularly hosting meets. So I backed off because I didn't want anyone to think I was trying to be a mod.

I'm torn. I suppose I could just have us do a get together out of lolita, but everyone expressed deep interest in dressing up.

Sorry for the blog post, any advice would be appreciated!
>>
>>9551141
SQ was rude, not classy and she lost a long time fan that day. I walked into the $350 teaparty and say hello she replies with ‘fat’ and I shook it off because I thought maybe I had heard her wrong. As I approached her and asked to do my pose she stared at me blank faced. I continued talking ‘you saved my life’ I say ‘you’re the reason I’m alive today.’ She looks me dead in the eye and says ‘you’ll die soon enough fatty’ and then whispered ‘obesity.’ I started crying I had never felt pain like this and she started laughing and said ‘are you crying? Stop it. Stop it now’ and she flicked my vagina. I headed out of the M&G section and that’s when SQ started speaking whale to me.
>>
>>9551947
Obviously this is bait but sorry, who's SQ? I'd assumed she was some nobody who ran the local comm but she's efamous?
>>
>>9551898
>Our mods have said before that anyone is welcome to host a meet, and I went nuts on that and hosted in the past. But I noticed they started treating me differently once I started regularly hosting meets. So I backed off because I didn't want anyone to think I was trying to be a mod.
Lol, no. Don't get fucked around by these bitches. What are they gonna do, kick you out for hosting well-attended meets? You're following their exact rules just pay them no attention and have fun with your friends. (I would do public meets through the group and just try to be inclusive)
>>
>>9546778
It's fine. No one else likes her either, save like one girl. She creeps me out.
>>
>>9551961
I think she creeps us all out to be honest
>>
>>9551947
if this is supposed to be making a point about how unbelievable it is that SQ is a bitch... sorry, she is. most people who've interacted with her think so.
>>
>>9551998
nayrt but I don't think that's the point. A lot of the comments here are overblown. Yeah, she's a bitch and awful to work with, but has anyone done anything about that? What if she's so dumb and self-centered she's not aware of it? Has any of the anons here actually tried to call her out?

>>9551841
Delusional-chan, there's many reasons to hate on SQ so please post valid ones. SQ is regrettably the most active mod and many of the meets she hosted did not coincide with HLS. The other mods look like they barely do shit so I doubt they're helping her with those meets either.
>>
>>9552245
Nope. The ones that have worked with her stopped working with her. The ones that complained the most about her or were treated unfairly left the comm and the others are tolerating her until she really fucks up. Aside from that, no one has fully caught on to her shit because she's manipulative as fuck and knows not to fuck up online.
Aside from telling several black lolitas that they should cover their unnatural hair with a wig and then saying at the new members meet, that's pretty much it.

Also lying about J-Fest working with her and the article. Dugfinn doesn't seem to blab about that just yet... She hasn't posted any screenshots either because SQ had the audacity to say it to the staff behind her back. Personally, ask any J-Fest staff that works with Dugfinn and I'm sure one or two will spill about that.

SQ is not that active. She barely shows or needs to leave early. Did she not throw a bitch fit because of the hls easter meet? She was being whiny as fuck and that she had to leave early.

This part is hearsay but the mods try working with her. She's an insufferable twat that doesn't want help and then turns around and says no one offered to help. I can't verify this part but she's already a drama queen that it doesn't sound impossible.
>>
>>9553911
Has anyone sent those screenshots of harassment to any of the mods? Ignoring Stevie though since she encourages that shit.

Also how do you know HLS mods were deleted because of the tea party thing? Didn't HLC have some kind of purge event earlier?
>>
>>9553984
The HLS mods got added back. At least one of them did.
>>
>>9551011
>Also, you are welcome to be the kind of content you want to see.
Notice she didnt suggest you do your own panel.
>>9551947
>$350 teaparty
Honestly it wasnt until >speaking whale" that I knew this was fake. Good work this was funny.
>>
City A: Big main city with small but active comm (1 meet monthly, big events for ILDs)
City B: smaller college-based city ~40 miles away from City A

>Girl who lives in City B complains on facebook "Why am I only a member of City A comm? Why haven't other comms added me?"
>One comment "City B has a comm page, linked here. It's just so dead because students cycle through this city frequently"
>"Wow the city I live in has a comm! Let me post to that group" she says

>Post in group "Hello I'd love to meet you all!! Let's meet tomorrow at this ice cream shop in City A!"

So like. Why.
Why not have a meet in the city where the members you want to meet live and where you live????
>>
Moving to West TX soon, is there a comm there? How is it?
>>
>>9557251
>city of West
>Western Texas
either way you're fucked
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.