[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk wearing lolita at work, /cgl/. I work in an IT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: fanni.jpg (293KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
fanni.jpg
293KB, 500x750px
Let's talk wearing lolita at work, /cgl/. I work in an IT office during the week and an antique store on the weekends, so I have quite a bit of freedom and can even get away with some print pieces but don't go all out. Do you wear lolita to work and how do you tailor your wardrobe for workwear? Drop inspo also
>>
Not so much lolita but I incorporate a ton of axes femme stuff, especially their cutsews and blazers, and a lot of shoes from my lolita wardrobe into my daily workwear (I work in a government office)
>>
File: images (11).jpg (5KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
5KB, 194x259px
Desk job. IW and Moitie ftw.

It worries me that both brands seem to have slowed down a lot. Praying they continue to make nice, plain things that look good. The quality is pretty amazing as well. Some are coming up on their ninth or tenth year now and still look pretty good.
>>
>>9526667
I work at a boarding kennel so absolutely no chance of wearing anything nice there. I'm super jealous of people who get to wear lolita/j-fash at work though!

Though it is kind of nice being able to just roll up in jeans and a jumper and not worry about how I look for the day.
>>
>>9526667
Currently at work in an old school Metamorphose OP. I keep things toned down by skipping petticoats, wearing "normie" accessories, and sticking with either plain dresses or more vintage looking prints.
>>
>>9526667
I can't really wear skirts unless I know I'll just be at the office, but even then I don't. I'm an engineer so I don't want all the guys judging me. I stick to cute jeans from Uniqlo and Liz Lisa/Ingni tops. I can't really pull from my lolita wardrobe, but that's what weekends are for.
>>
Ok I want to know what this Lolita stuff is
I was talking to a girl at a recent con about her dress but she only told me how she made it, not what it's about.
I thought all Lolita clothing was frilly stuff that's bright or dark.
>>
>>9527327
google is your friend
>>
Studying to be a nurse and every day I resent the fact I will be in pajama-kei rather than some nice IW
>>
>>9526871
Iktf. I'm the only woman under 50 in a very male-dominated workplace and if I so much as wear a plain black normie skirt to work, the guys start calling me "princess". I don't want to make it worse and risk them not taking me seriously anymore by wearing anything more girly.
>>
>>9526871
>lolita in the engineering program at college
>tfw automatically hit on by dudes who assume i can't do the work because i look girly

i mean, there are genuinely good guys i've met through the program, but half of them lose their shit around anything mildly feminine. it's ridiculous.
>>
>>9527546
It's so frustrating, right? I've been told since I started (first female in our small company) that I've changed the dynamic, but in what way I'll never know. Since we're small, I could probably get away with it, but I'm pretty sure my boss would poke fun at me. I kind of want to just to see what will happen though, I've tried wearing heels and simply curling my hair and I got the third degree what it was for.

>>9527551
I couldn't tell if the guys I was hit on by thought I couldn't do the work or not, but it might have been because I was the only female in the class. Ladies, I really wish you were more interested in engineering too. I just want to talk to someone in my comm about work without boring them to tears.
>>
I work at a place where the dress code is white top, black bottoms, and black shoes, so I'll wear lolita there from time to time. On the other hand, I just started an internship at an office where my boss is pretty lax on what the employees wear. I'm kind of hesitant to wear lolita there. I don't wanna give away too much, but t b h since I wear mainly gothic lolita, I don't think the mood from that will match the more millennial modern mood of my office.
>>
>>9526667
I work IT too but I never wear lolita at work. It's easier in conversations, and I'm a big fan of metal, especially black, so I wear my metal clothes instead, which are my daily things anyways. It's more easy to wear and still allows me to express myself.

By that, I'm pretty lazy, and I don't want to get out of bed even more early.
>>
>>9527551
>>9528482
Anon from >>9530225 here deciding to write more after posting, because I hadn't read all the comments yet.

I actually never had this problem much. If I wear girly clothes, yes they are confused, most IT guys talk IT with guys, and talk casual with girls. Changing that up feels very weird because it's different from normal, and many girls fake computer/gamer nerd for some reason.

Normally, as soon as we have a bit of a conversation going, and they notice I know what I'm talking about, it's good no matter what I wear.

I found it's often more a way of talking thing You know, many guys have a certain type of humour that girls don't. Being able to join in that and make such jokes yourself, geniounly liking that, really helps (just don't fake it, it get's awkward). Otherwise, they will have to change behaviour all the time, and especially if there has not been woman before, and joking about boobs (which is different from actually being rude or geniounly sexist) was no problem, changing that all feels very limiting, like you have to be careful about your behaviour all the time.
>>
>>9526682
I've never even seen that skirt before
>>
>>9530233

Moitie used to make a lot of lovely plain items. And if you get tired of the girly secretary look there's always the option of crossing over to the EGA side and wearing something cool and asymmetrical over some pants.

But nowadays the conlitas/meetlitas rule, and they don't have time for anything that isn't a hyped up OTT print. I wish Moitie would make more plain items, but I don't know if other girls are even interested in Moitie anymore.
>>
File: robotic_girl.png (730KB, 473x595px) Image search: [Google]
robotic_girl.png
730KB, 473x595px
I work in a law office with a very lax dress code, so I wear main pieces to work pretty frequently. I've worn casual coords on occasion, usually with low poof and a small hair accessory (bows or cloches or berets). I get compliments from my coworkers and only occasional get comments from my boss (which I mostly ignore because he shows up to work in sweats and hole-y t-shirts). Blazers are pretty great for making a coord looking more work appropriate.

My favorite brands are Innocent World and Jane Marple. The solid dresses with elegant trim or interesting materials work are pretty easily incorporated into an office wardrobe.

I definitely take cues from the way Fanny Rosie dresses, I also follow these people because I think they frequently dress in a casual way that would work for most offices:
queran_ruffles
theaquaphobicsailor
obsixwi
robotic_girl
Obviously not all of their looks work, but in general they have solid coords that I can't imagine many offices objecting to.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.