[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 38

File: newglb.jpg (267KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
newglb.jpg
267KB, 750x422px
New GLB? Edition
https://youtu.be/L-ojmdAjWHM?t=10m15s
^Lovely Lor video

Old thread >>9522051
>>
>>9525869
>you've been on 4chin for way too long my friend.
Yes, yes I have.
>>
I'm a lonelita who really only ever posts floordinates to tumblr just to have them congregated in one place and I'm facing a situation for the first time in a long time(read 7 years) I'm going to be seeing other Lolitas in person.

I'm going to a con in a few months specifically to see one of the guests and since I don't cosplay I wanted to do a coord that had something to do with them. Their mascot is a black bunny and I figured it'd be cute to plan a coord around that.

I'm pretty comfortable with my abilities to put together coords and I really like the outcome but it's pretty "different" from what I normally do in the sense that it looks fairly Larme inspired because of my color and fabric choices and I know bunny ears can easily stray into ita territory. I would say it almost has an ero feel to it though I won't be showing any skin.

Realistically, should I expect any negative feedback in person? I'm going no matter what because I really want to support the guest but I want to get a feel for the reactions I'd get. Sorry if this is stupid, it's just been ages since I've interacted with other Lolitas in person.
>>
>>9525960
Only people with no social skills would shit on you in person. And if someone does, who cares? You're not out to impress them, right? Besides, since you're a lonelita you won't be interacting with them again. Don't think about it too much, wear what you want.
>>
>>9525960
>should I expect any negative feedback in person
You've spent too much time on 4chan. At a con, nobody is going to insult your costume or fashion choices.
>>
>>9525970
Yeah I just feel so out of the loop that I realistically have no idea what to expect and want to go into it with some idea as to what would happen.

>>9525971
>you've spent too much time on 4chan

probably.

Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>9525960
>>9525970
>>9525971
>>9525974
Whenever I'm at a con and I run into a super ita, I always try to isolate the one detail that I really can genuinely compliment about her outfit. Even if it's not Lolita, but is just a nice piece of merch, I'll mention that and try to encourage her to keep at it. Then after we go our separate ways, I make a gag face.
I never want to discourage people, I never want to see less people trying to dress in Lolita, so even if you're the most ita-ita, anon, I promise I'll never be rude to your because of that in person.
>>
>>9525895
Didn't somebody post about this on RC? I can't find the post now
>>
>>9526058
In a gull way, that's actually really sweet. I feel the same way about shitty cosplayers. I love that people love stuff, why should I shit on their excitement?
>>
>>9526058
I do this as well. Though, I've never tried to hide the fact I don't like something either.

I always call out replica-chans. You don't have to be mean about it, just say something really plan and show that what they're doing isn't right. Whenever I see an AP one, I do a sort of "oh my god" face in shock and go "Oh honey, you can't go to their tea party in that." like I'm concerned for their well-being. Subtleness is far more powerful than outright lecturing someone on the goods and evils of lolita.
>>
>>9525970
>Only people with no social skills would shit on you in person
Or guys shooting bantz with other guys.
I once say 2 brolitas exchange hugs, then ruthlessly, loudly, venemously rip the others' coord apart for 5 minutes straight.
Then they took each others' arm and skipped off to the bar. Men, I will never get them.
>>
>>9525895
Can anyone find more info on this? At all?
>>
how do you all clean your katyusha/headbows? checked the archive for lolita laundry tips but not seeing anything for those. i think some katyusha have a metal headband so i'm afraid of it potentially rusting if i get it wet. solutions?
>>
>>9526167
How dirty is it? I would just use a wipe unless it's actually gross. It has soap on it and will get things pretty clean if you're persistent.
>>
Generally, how do you get a mystery stain out of a dress that you never saw before?

There's something faint on one of my dresses, looks like seller tried to get it out before and never mentioned it.

Would a dry cleaner be able to help?
>>
>>9526240
Have you asked for a partial refund yet? Also it really depends on the dry cleaner. The one I currently use doesn't get rid of stains very well and I end up having to do it myself, but I've had experiences with others where they could basically remove anything you bring them. There's no harm in asking them for a second opinion though I think.
>>
>>9526240
As someone who worked as a dry cleaner, generally, if you can't tell them what the stain is, and the garment isn't white, they probably won't be able to do much without the possibility of damaging the item. Of course, some will be willing to try, but it would be pretty difficult if you don't have any idea what the stain is.
>>
>>9526240
If it's not on a print, I make a thick paste out of baking soda and leave it on overnight, then wash, or if it's delicate you can spot clean or brush it off. Works great for smells too
>>
>>9526167

Unstitch it. Remove the metal bits. Throw it in a washing machine. When dry, reconstruct the headbow.

My first metal headbow was kinda gross, but when I washed it the rust came out and destroyed parts of the headbow. When I tried lemon juice the reaction ate more holes into the headband fabric... I made a barette out of what I could save and never did that again. Also, replace the headband with one of those ribbon-covered ones if you can.

Some egl-ers suggested sending it to the drycleaners. I never tried it, so I can't vouch if it works. If you do try it, we'd appreciate a report back whether it really cleans the headbow or not.
>>
>>9525895
Finally got my invoice from IW.
Every in order.
Surprising how cheap the sale was
>>
>>9525895
ayyy legendary male lolita at 0:41. so glad he goes out in those beautiful coords. big fan
>>
>>9526245
Different anon. Recently I've run into issues for refunds based on condition of received items. If it's discoloration or a stain, it's harder to prove it's refund-worthy. If it's a physical tear that's easier to get.
>>
I bought the replica of the matching headbow for my brand dress.
I'm a beacon of sin. Forgive me Misako
(even if it's a 2009 dress)
>>
Do you people really need 5 generals?
>>
>>9526597
Ew, no headwear is better than a replica one.
>>
Kinda wanna join a comm and befriend some girls just to browse each others closets
>>
has y!auctions always had the funtion of tacking on another few minutes if someone outbids you last minute?
>>
>>9526629
>ew
how old are you?
It's an old dress and it's impossible to find the matching headdress, so in the meantime i just got that
>>
>>9526698
I think so. They don't like snipe bids.
>>
>>9526143
>I do a sort of "oh my god" face in shock and go "Oh honey, you can't go to their tea party in that."

If you're trying to be subtle or not come across as a bitch, this is exactly how not to do that.
>>
Are replicas still being accepted for the Otafest fashion show?
>>
File: 1488352030300.jpg (24KB, 656x488px) Image search: [Google]
1488352030300.jpg
24KB, 656x488px
>>9527055
Who even knows. A known replica-chan just got removed from the coord group but whether that means she just dropped out or whether she was planning on wearing a replica and got booted is between her and L.
>>
Is anyone else having issues with Clobba? I preordered something in January and was notified that it was ready last week. I've emailed them a couple times since, but still no invoice. Not sure if I should start a PayPal dispute or what :/
>>
Dumb question but does anyone know the year that AP first released the Star Engineer Boots? I can't find them on Lolibrary for whatever reason...
>>
>>9526245
I don't think I can ask for feedback on something purchased over a year ago. I recently had to ask a seller for a partial refund because of something small (pinholes in necktie, small pilling under arms, tiny spot) and she refused, so I had to leave negative feedback. I have no idea how to tell if a drycleaner is good or not, most of them in my area have little to no reviews. I want to go somewhere on site though.
>>
Is there a Mode Girl OP in red?
>>
>>9526240
My weapon of choice is oxyclean. Soaking the stain or whole dress overnight and washing it on gentle cycle helped me getting rid of a lot of stains.
Then again as other anons mentioned it highly depends on what the stain was and if it's somehow treated with heat as this sets stain.
>>
FJ is having another 10% off Rakuten items sale.
>>
>>9526704
You could probably find something that isn't a cheap knock-off to match.
>>
File: godhavemercy.png (69KB, 681x250px) Image search: [Google]
godhavemercy.png
69KB, 681x250px
>>9527180
I really shouldn't be doing this. My budget can't handle it but it's such a good deal.
>>
>>9527180
I've never bought anything from Rakuten before. Other than TokyoAlice and the Rakuten Bodyline, what's on there worth checking out?
>>
>>9526240
My go to is soak the item in a solution of water, dawn dish soap, and lots of baking soda. Leave to soak for several days, then wash it normally.

This is almost fail proof in my experience. Don't if the print could run of course.
>>
>>9526698
Yes, but it's an option rather than something you see on every auction. Lolita sales use it a lot, but apparently its use is uncommon for other goods.
>>
Is there a Youtube playlist of con fashion shows? Or any good ones to watch?
>>
>>9527189
Queen Bee have a Rakuten and so do Lumiebre.
>>
>>9527189
>>9527240
Also Violet Blue and DreamV.
>>
>>9527076
L wouldn't boot anyone, she's already scraping the bottom of the barrel for models. I think the r-chan saw the report and left.
>>
>>9527111
Email Martin. He's slow, but he should get back to you about it if you contact him directly.
>>
Anyone have a link to a milk gold heart bag replica?
>>
>>9527111
Martin's communication is always spotty. Try messaging him on FB, that's what I do when my emails go unanswered and it usually does the trick.
>>
>>9527188
Does the Rakuten Bodyline require a SS?
>>
File: FJsale.png (74KB, 777x264px) Image search: [Google]
FJsale.png
74KB, 777x264px
Going to be pissed if Yanners decides to have a liquidation sale.
>>
>>9526704
You're a tacky, trashy ita
>>
File: JFC.jpg (295KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
JFC.jpg
295KB, 1200x1200px
>>9525895
have been keeping up with all the drama around brands. I know GLW quality isn't great and I wouldn't suggest Lockshop to her either. Can anyone give any suggestions? She has enough time to wait for shipping. Sorry for the spoon feedy question, I just don't wig anymore, don't want her to buy trash she will regret, and I don't have the spare time to do it for her. Also the wig thread is pretty dead.

Thanks anons.
>>
>>9527492
Well the first half of that post I cut off, goofing hard anons... goofing hard

>My friend is looking for a hime style wig for an ott meetup, I want to help but I haven't bought a wig in years.
>>
File: 1494371242165.gif (2MB, 245x195px) Image search: [Google]
1494371242165.gif
2MB, 245x195px
>>9527266
>tfw you are one of those models because L was so desperate

W-well I'll do my best I guess... Glad that at least one replica-chan is gone. Now I wish the handmade ita and milanoo ita would drop out. I'd wear more coords if it meant replacing them.
>>
>>9527492
I have one I got years ago from cosplaywig on eBay. Now that sounds like 20 red flags I know but its one of my fave brown wigs and i think they're they only place selling decent quality hike styled wigs under 50 shipped.

Otherwise there's Priscilla, but I believe you need a SS for them.
>>
>>9527492
Dreamholic does really pretty wigs with a variety of hime suitable styles. They have a Storenvy and I think a taobao?
>>
>>9526143
...you aren't subtle, you're just being a bitch.
>>
Anyone know the sauce on this dress?
The bag is from Sweet Cat, on Taobao.
>>
>>9527123
It's buyers like you why I get anxiety over selling
>>
>>9527756
>it's buyers who call out actual damage to the dress and ask for refunds why I get anxiety over selling

Be thorough in disclosing shit and you won't have to get anxious, yeah?
>>
>>9527759
Not that anon but things like 1 tiny spot or a pin hole can be overlooked pretty easily. That buyer really seems like she's a bit fast to demand refunds over tiny things.

She really sounds like a massive cunt.
>>
>>9527763
>pin holes
>stain
>pilling

Sounds reasonable for a partial refund to me. You sound like a shit seller and I hope I never buy from you if you CBA to list damage accurately.
>>
File: 1407359568933.jpg (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1407359568933.jpg
15KB, 640x480px
>>9527310
>I misread this and thought you were announcing that Bodyline was shutting down

I worry about brands a lot these days. I know its irrational but I keep anticipating news of another store closing down, or having to go online-only.
>>
>>9527759
You're already buying a secondhand dress and expecting it to be new with tags. I can't help if I happen to overlook something that doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Like do you ask AP for a refund if the stitching is off?
>>
>>9527769
Nah Bodyline is just selling JSKs for $7 and seeming to get rid of most of their lolita stock in favor of their costumes. Also nearly abandoning the English site entirely.
>>
>>9527772
I expect sellers to properly and accurately disclose any DAMAGE that may have been done like stains or pilling.

If a dress is listed as NWOT or great condition and it shows up with damage it isn't unreasonable to ask for a partial refund or leave negative feedback. Do you not understand what damage to a dress is? Theres a reason LM has "stain" and "pilling" under damages.

Minor damage is still damage and y'all sound shady as fuck trying to insist it's not.
>>
>>9527772
>sell a dress
>too lazy to thoroughly check for damage
>surprised when seller complains of damage

?
>>
What time does Meta's lucky pack sale start?
>>
>>9527769
I'd be delighted if bodyline shut down
>>
>>9527778
There is a difference between listing damages and nitpicking over two tiny pinholes. It's dumb of you to not expect some sort of wear from a secondhand dress and not being able to catch every minuscule issue that consitutes as "damage," especially when it varies from person to person. Do I need a disclaimer stating that I try to capture as much as I can?

>>9527783
I take 5-10 pictures of everything I sell. I can do my best to check but yknow what, what isn't a big deal to me probably is a massive one to you
>>
>>9527785
In about 15 hours, or 3 am CST.

>>9527775
Does anyone shop at Bodyline anymore? I never hear people recommend them, not even for newbies.
>>
>>9527792
Did you just read pin holes and stop there? This anon described all sorts of damage. Unbunch your panties ASAP.
>>
>>9527793
In my comm they mainly recommend taobao and bodyline to new people and it's so annoying, new people can't tell what's good
>>
>>9527795
I'm that anon and I forgot to add, I also specifically asked the seller via PM if there was any damage whatsoever, and she said no. On top of that, it said there was no damage in the listing, so I think it's fair to leave her negative feedback.
>>
>>9527805
More than fair.
>>
>>9527793
>>9527801
The newbies in my comm do this and I can't wrap my head around it because BL isn't what it used to be. I'm not going to tell someone who has just discovered the fashion to figure out how to navigate Taobao or go to a shop that barely restocks anymore. Stores come and go in this fashion. It's easier to give them the lolita guidebook Tumblr for them to study up on their own time. I've noticed that many.people who ask about where to buy the clothes aren't that serious about lolita anyway.
>>
>>9527813
>It's easier to give them the lolita guidebook Tumblr for them to study up on their own time.
True, unless they're the kind of person who whines about it being "too much to read" and then proceeds to ask to be spoonfed anyway.
>>
>>9527719
It looks like it says sweet cat on the bottom of the skirt by the lace
>>
>>9527813
I link the tumblr guidebook to people who I want to quit lolita
>>
Do you think people generally go to cgl for a long time? I only started coming here since winter, and I see the term newfag thrown around a lot, but I'm already bored because I feel like people usually post the same coords and stuff. It also feels like people are much less open-minded about the fashion on cgl.
>>
>>9527789
Oh yeah, I don't have any love for Bodyline either, I'm just afraid to hear more bad news for the jfash community.
>>
>>9527492
Brightlele
>>
>>9527899
It's an actually good guidebook so I don't quite understand how that would get them to quit
>>
>>9527793
>>9527801
>>9527813
Same here. Newbies who aren't lazy or stupid figure out brand and secondhand sites within weeks, but there are several girls in my comm who still buy primarily from BL. Mostly they're too dumb to figure out Taobao, too fat to buy from places that don't offer 90cm waists and too lazy to learn how to sew or track down decent commissioners. BL used to be a decent shop for people on a budget but now it's pretty much worthless, and I automatically think less of anyone who recommends it.
>>
>>9527526
>implying handmade ita would drop a chance to show of her latest project
I also didn't know there was a milanoo ita. Is it someone from the E comm?
>>
>>9527905
I've been here since 2008 on and off. I don't know how to feel about that now that I've typed it out.

I am on and off because while I'm here, things get stale and I lose interest, but after a while of not coming here, I miss how convenient it is to have info about all sorts of stuff related to cgl all in one place. The gossipy culture of the board means that news is immediately posted here. It's not always 100% true, but many different views weigh in. Few asspats is also a bonus. I could do without the mania that leads to harassment and doxxing, but for me personally, it's a resource more than a negative thing.
>>
>>9527946
Also forgot to mention, I don't like Facebook's format and I didn't like LJ's format either, so that's a factor of why I stay.
>>
>>9527950
One day we'll get a centralized forum system and then we can abandon all other social media platforms.
>>
>>9527955
>RIP Lacebook
>>
>>9527045
I think they mean it in the sense of "it's against the rules" or something? Still kinda harsh but there are some tea parties with dress codes
>>
>>9527819
I was suspicious it was in fact Sweet Cat, as is the bag. But I wanted a print name, this is not for sale at their store by now.
>>
>>9527919
It's a chore to read, it reeks of elitism, it makes lolita seem really difficult and not fun or creative.
>>
>>9527793
I get shoes from Bodyline and sometimes a super cheap JSK (like the $6.66 tart one) just to have to wear around without worrying about damage.
>>
>>9527919
Maybe if they're too lazy to read it.
>>
>>9527959
Isn't Lacebook dead anyways?
>>
Has anything surfaced about the Kuragahime dress? I haven't seen anything since the auction ended.
>>
>>9527938
what the fucK
I remember seeing progress pics of this jsk and thought it looked so good and THIS is what she did to it? A disgrace to handmade lolitas everywhere.
>>
Hi! Idk if this goes in the Lolita general or Taobao thread so I'm double posting.
Any other brands with super sweet style like diamond honey,to Alice,hawberry...etc?
>>
>>9527938
No it's someone in the C comm who never comes to meets yet always joins events like ILD and fashion shows. Last time she showed her face she was literally wearing a blue twintalied wig and a pink Milanoo atrocity.
>>
>>9528189
princess doll
>>
File: TK-2015-03-15-005-001-Harajuku.jpg (382KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
TK-2015-03-15-005-001-Harajuku.jpg
382KB, 1000x1500px
Got a new dress, same exact one as Rinrin (not dress in pic but similar cut). I'm about the same size as her, and I even googled her height to find out I'm 1 inch shorter. Am also Asian and petite. For some reason the dress goes down to right above my knee, where it clearly stops a few above hers. Like she doesn't even need to hold her skirts up and it stops way higher. I even double checked the tags to make sure I didn't get a large or something, it was One Size. Does she get hers custom cuz muh model powers? I still love the dress but slightly disappointed now.
>>
>>9528300
You've got to take into consideration that not everyone's proportions are the same, you could have a shorter torso than her or she could have longer legs than you. She's also wearing heels. The heels + the fact that she's an inch taller than you could make a dress that hits the top of your knee look this short on her. I don't think she got it custom sized but who knows
>>
>>9528300
I don't know that specific cut very well, but there could be a lot of reasons why the dress doesn't fit you like it does on her. The straps could be adjustable, the dress could be cut slightly differently across releases, your height and fat could be distributed differently from Rinrin's, the list goes on.
>>
>>9528300
Maybe sshe altered it or pinned the sleeves up.
Normally for photoshoots they use pins on the samples and they dont get to keep the samples and dont get free or special sized clothes.
Could also be she has really short legs so her knees are a few inches lower than yours lol.
>>
Does anyone find it hard to get back into normie fashion and clothes now they're into Lolita? I went shopping with a few friends and I noticed how boring and shit most normie clothes are.
>>
>>9528035
If it hasnt been meantioned here im assuming it was some chinese lolita. Especially at that price. I mean rhere was the one who wanted it for her wedding dress and regular lolita dresses go for around that much anyways
>>
File: $_57.jpg (65KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
65KB, 750x750px
Is this a replica anons? It looks familiar?
>>
>>9528405
Yes
>>
>9528304
>9528306
>9528309
Yeah there's probably a bunch of different factors. I had the straps shortened all the way, they were adjustable. I want to say we are of similar body types but she IS a model, lol. I'l try with higher heels and maybe fucking with the straps more. I really like it when there's a glimpse of leg in between the OTK and the dress.
>>
>>9528411
Thanks anon. Not gonna buy it now.
>>
When is Lolibrary coming back with all the old features? I want to access my closet and wishlist again, I was using it to keep track of my wardrobe.

Also, how will we get all the new releases on Lolibrary once all the features are back? I hope someone has been keeping track, or this will be a mess.
>>
>>9527267
>>9527300
Thanks, FB did the trick. Now to wait and see if I have to bug him again to get it to ship. I feel so bothersome...
>>
>>9528355
>get back into normie fashion
I hope I never have to, personally. I definitely feel this, though, I rarely find anything I like in regular fashion stores and when I do it's often such terrible quality that I can't bring myself to waste money on it.
>>
>>9528355
Actually I think lolita helped me to dress better in my everyday life. I have an eye for color and texture now, and I use a lot of accessories I bought for lolita as statement pieces in my outfits.
>>
I'm starting to worry, am I paranoid?
Male photographers keep stopping me for photos in my classic / casual-classic coords at cons, but I never see maybe online; even if I've been stopped many, many times for pictures.
Are... Am I being used for private spank material?
>>
Look what Simplicity did.
>>
File: simplicity ripoff.png (10KB, 489x145px) Image search: [Google]
simplicity ripoff.png
10KB, 489x145px
>>9528681
>>
>>9528675
Maybe. Maybe not.

Plenty of 'photographers' put stuff on Facebook that ends up getting like thirty views in total. In big convention photo dumps, pictures might end up getting even fewer individual views.
>>
>>9528300
She could be wearing a poofier petticoat than you, that can change the length massively.
>>
So I got my Innocent World invoice, and paid it, but forgot to change the address to my Tenso. I changed it one day after and emailed IW.
This is my first time ordering from them.
Do you know if IW is problematic with these details?
>>
>>9528681
All they have to do is remove the bonnet but this is a pretty shitty move by Simplicity. I wonder if this will affect their relationship with Rufflecon.
>>
>>9528719
which ruffle con designer did they copy?
>>
>>9528681
>>9528684

Wait, who did they rip off? I feel like a lot of this is pretty generic. Except the lace up front, which fell out of favour many years ago because they look barwench-y.
>>
File: 492228-113-2015-10-18827147.jpg (39KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
492228-113-2015-10-18827147.jpg
39KB, 600x649px
>>9528721
>>9528722
The cat bonnet is from Vierge Vampur.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1498110076889.jpg (34KB, 596x645px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498110076889.jpg
34KB, 596x645px
>>9528722
>>9528721
Vierge Vampur. Simplicity had a booth right next to them at RC.
>>
>>9528725
Beat me to it anon!
>>
>>9528405
>>9528681
I wish there was some kind of blacklist or call-out blog for shops like this. I've accidentally bought a replica bag before and get paranoid about it now.
>>
>>9528739
be careful what you wish for...
>>
>>9528355
Yes, lolita has spoiled me. Whenever someone drags me into any main street store I marvel at how overpriced it all is for the quality and design that you get, especially knowing the designs are usually ripoffs and the factory workers don't get paid particularly well. I've seen friends drop €50 on a generic t-shirt with asymmetrical hem that fell apart after one season. Lolita may be expensive if you look purely at the prices but you actually get something in return that has thought and time put into it and lasts many years.
Also I can't stand anything normie with lace because the lace is always horrible. It's almost like they do it on purpose.
>>
>>9525895
What about girlism?
>>
>>9528759
Why? Replica sellers should be called out.
>>
>>9528777
What about it?
>>
>>9528300
>poofier petticoat
>longer legs
>different angle for picture
>a sample dress

Many many possible reasons.
>>
This is just a warning about altering dresses for the size. I used to be a lot bigger, now I've lost weight. I altered an old dress so it'd fit my fat arms, never wore it, now I want to wear it again but the sleeves are fucked.
Don't do it.
>>
>>9528681
Is this already for sale? Ripoff aside, it would be nice to finally have English-language lolita patterns.
>>
File: screen.png (555KB, 1263x906px) Image search: [Google]
screen.png
555KB, 1263x906px
Does anyone know why AP suddenly removed all their Romantic Cat items?
I was looking to buy the lavender JSK soon, so I checked every few days and they had everything in stock (aside from grey JSK). Now suddenly everything is gone? Not even marked as sold-out?
Is this maybe because of their pre-sale tomorrow?
>>
>>9528837
probably to put up on friday for the presale
>>
>>9528300
This is a staged photo, AP dressed her up to have her photographed. The dress could have been altered, it's also likely she's wearing 2, 3, or 4 petticoats under. She also has long legs.
>>
File: 409.jpg (60KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
409.jpg
60KB, 600x620px
>>9527469
that the only replica thing i own out of my 85% brand wardrobe, but ok anony, whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>9528864
Lol at bragging about only having 85% brand. Sorry that you're a tacky and trashy ita. I hope you post your ita coord to CoF.
>>
>>9528864
They are just baiting, noone IRL cares about no-dress replicas.
>>
>>9528865
Not even bragging, i'm just stating facts? But ok.
You need to lower your sodium intake
>>
>>9528866
That's not true at all, maybe you like being tacky but not everyone

>>9528867
Why would you want to be an ita though? It is perplexing. I bet you think that non-print replicas are A-okay
>>
>>9528866
Art theft is art theft whether it's on a dress or a bow.
>>
>>9528872
But is it art-theft if it's a design replica? I doubt there is a print on the headbow. It's probably a really generic design if it's that old. Noone cares about replica shoes as well.
>>
>>9528684
This sucks, I was gonna buy that pattern to test it out but not anymore
>>
>>9528300
What dress is yours? Not all AP dresses are the same length even if the cut is the same. They can vary by 5cm or more.
>>
File: 20170622_084325.png (197KB, 1080x853px) Image search: [Google]
20170622_084325.png
197KB, 1080x853px
>>
>>9528357
>regular lolita dresses go for around that much anyways
Anon it sold for like 8 grand.
>>
>>9528987
Sooo...your intention is to start drama because a girl thinks pierced ears is on the same level as pierced lips and nipples?
>>
>>9528991
What? Holy projection, Batman.
>>
>>9528990
I think they probably meant regular wedding dresses cost that much, considering the context
>>
File: caps.png (340KB, 1023x1554px) Image search: [Google]
caps.png
340KB, 1023x1554px
>>9528684
There's not just this, some girl is claiming that they used her fabric that she's got up on Spoonflower for the dress pattern, and she's not happy about it. I took some relevant caps.

Legally, I'm like 99% sure Simplicity is in the right, but ethically, they're kinda being fucking assholes
>>
>>9528903
It's Holy Theater. Though I did some calculations and I think she has maybe 2 inches on me + 3-4 inch heels + longer legs probably? I think with some pinning I can get the look I want, I didn't want to have to stick holes in the dress but it's not a huge deal. But good to know about the varying length, will keep that in mind for the future.
>>
>>9529082
is she actually posting this to Simplicity's wall or is she just making a passive aggressive FB post? if she wants any kind of compensation she should just be a fully functioning adult and contact Simplicity directly.
>>
>>9528866
I care
>>
File: anony.png (173KB, 876x886px) Image search: [Google]
anony.png
173KB, 876x886px
>>9528864
>anony
Huh, I knew it wasn't a coincidence. All of your posts are stupid as fuck. Have fun with your 85% brand wardrobe and your replica.

>t. gull with 100% brand wardrobe
>>
>>9529117
to her wall; I don't actually know her, she just popped up through a mutual. She really needs to get it out there if she expects something to happen tho, I agree.
>>
>>9529129
>>9529082
She should get her friends to reply to the comments of people asking if Simplicity are going to sell the pattern by linking her original pattern, then at least she'll make money off it.
>>
>>9528681
I bet Raleigh Wood is the only person excited for this.
>>
>>9529126
Here's your (you).
>>
>>9529143
Thanks, what's it like to be a replica-chan?
>>
>>9529082
God this shit keeps getting worse and worse wtf simplicity
>>
Has anyone ordered from Imai Kira's web shop to Tenso before? When does it usually arrive?

I placed my order 2 days ago and it hasn't shipped yet, though it said 1-2 days. Unless it means 1-2 days not including the day I placed the order.
>>
>>9529082
Doesn't Spoonflower work like a normal fabric store? So if you offer your fabric there it doesn't matter if you are a small indie brand that is creating designs. If you offer it there everyone can buy it and do what ever they want with your fabric?
>>
Triple Fortune were just announced as guests for Dream Masquerade Carnival.
>>
>>9529082
Unfortunately she can't claim they did her wrong. They purchased the fabric she had for sale, available for commercial use (making dresses for sale) so she can't claim they misused the fabric. If it was for personal used only then that would be something different. At least she can gain sales if she is smart about it.
>>
>>9529235
Pretty much
>>
>>9529260
Will Meta more than likely join too?

It seems every time 3F shows up, Meta is not far behind.
>>
File: 708.png (89KB, 259x335px) Image search: [Google]
708.png
89KB, 259x335px
>>9529148
Not even me and not even the anon in this pic >>9529126 but alright i guess.
>all of that ruckus just for a replica headbow as a replacement until i can put my hands on the real one
Gee golly, what is it like to be so buttmangled?
>>
>>9528777
That's chinese.
>>
>>9528872
Except that headbow doesn't even have a print on it??
Also if you're that much against replicas i really hope you don't own any replica of brand shoes/socks. I think replicas are tacky in general myself, but the other anon's butthurt is quite a stretch.
>>
>>9528888
Why would anon buy a replica bow to go with a specific dress if it isn't a print? If it's just a bow of a certain colour then any bow with that colour will do.
>>
>>9529299
it has dots on it and is blue, and i couldnt find one fitting this description.
In any case, it's so generic you can barely call that a replica
>>
ffs stop derailing the thread with the whole replica dead horse you salty cunts
>>
>>9528990
Yeah sorry i was drunk last night like >>9529032 said i meant regular wedding dresses, not lolita dresses.
>>
>>9529303
keep telling yourself that, replica-chan. how embarrassing.
>>
>>9527639
Sorry you wear replicas.
>>
File: wwelp.png (49KB, 271x241px) Image search: [Google]
wwelp.png
49KB, 271x241px
>>9529366
Ok buttfrustration chan
>>
>>9529275
I don't think they'd announce Meta so late in the game, they're a major brand and it doesn't give people time to plan coords for Meta attending.
>>
Can you shut up about replicas? It's a dead horse,stop beating it.
Take the sand off your bloomers you crazy bitches
>>
>>9529425
And they had Meta as guests three years ago at Revelry
>>
Any chance there's going to be a tea party for BtssB and AatP at Anime Weekend Atlanta in a few months?
>>
>>9529390
kys
>>
>>9529306
>>9529434
why don't you think of a new subject yourself, replica-chan?
>>
>>9528815
underrated post
>>
>>9529527
why don't you stop assuming everyone is replica chan? she's retarded and you're retarded.
>>
>>9529539
normal person wouldnt get so butthurt about it. talking about replicas is not derailing the thread, this is lolita general. they either talk about a new ap release, bitch about stuff or try to create drama.
>>
>>9529541
i'm pissed because every single time replicas are brought up it shits up the thread.
we had this debate a thousand times before gulls, ffs
>>
>Checks out the lolita general
>what feels like half of it is non- print replica bitching

O-oh...

Well to get this thread back on track, is there certain times of year that you tend to buy lolita items? Is it the season's style that you like or is it that you tend to have more money then? For me it's summer and at lucky pack season. As I am a university student, I have more work hours during the summer and so more money to burn but I always stash away some money every year to at least get one winter lucky pack, even though between expenses and Christmas I'm a little tight for money on winter releases and the used clothes market. I also tend to like the summer releases/early fall releases on average slightly more often, but money is a much bigger factor.
>>
>how did you find your dream dress?
>>
>>9529558
Accurate
>>
>>9529550
I'm a student as well and I tend to spend a lot when I get my loan in in September, kek. Work usually covers my living expenses over the summer. I don't spend my second-semester loan on lolita often because Christmas usually drains my bank account.
>>
>>9529550
If a lot of items i like are available on the secondhand market and that I happen to have money at this time.
But summer and fall always give me that lolita craving. Sumer because I purchased my first lolita outfit ever during a summer day years ago, and fall/early winter because i remember spending that time in high school daydreaming about being a lifestyle lolita.
>>
>>9529558
Someone please submit this for this week's secret, it's golden
>>
>>9529141
Damn, never thought I'd hear that name again.
>>
>>9529718
To clarify, that's the lady that tried to make every pattern known to mankind into lolita, right?
Did someone save the crazy cat lady edit?

>>9529558
Brilliant
>>
>>9528684
>>9529082

I wonder how Rufflecon will address this, if they even will? Granted, I can understand that although legally speaking, Simplicity hasn't done anything wrong/is in a grey area, obviously a question of ethics comes up. Even if you believe design knockoffs aren't that big of a deal, you have to agree that this is pretty tacky of them to say the least. I feel like it's one thing when fast fashion stores copy and knock off high end designers, but then it's another thing when a bigger company like that rips off designs from independent artists.

If I was a vendor I'd be nervous the whole weekend that Simplicity would be taking notes on how to knock off my shit. Legally, would merchants at Rufflecon be within their rights to decline a sale if they knew the person was from Simplicity?
>>
>>9529760
Vendors can decline a sale for any reason anon; they don't have to provide any reasoning to them.
>>
>>9528681
This is going around my Facebook feed so I decided to come here and drop my 2 cents. Bear Bonnet girl needs to sit down. The only reason she is upset is because Simplicity was next to her bought and bonnet from her, but really that pattern is already in Otome No Sewing. Why isn't she throwing a fit about Otome No Sewing? Because she didn't make the idea herself. MintyMix use to sell similar bear bonnets years ago and Shelbycloud (can't remember where she got it from) use to wear one too. If you google Lolita Bear Bonnet so many results from different sellers pop up.

Print girl also needs to sit down. She sold her fabric on Spoonflower, if she didn't want people to use it she should have kept it for personal use. No one is making profit by using her print on the pattern. The print is being used to sell the pattern and if people are asking for the original print this is great exposure to her.

The real reason we should be mad is that bow in the pattern is ugly af. Don't make that.
>>
>>9529778
call them out!
call them out!
seriously though, they don't own what's in Otome no Sewing either, wtf
>>
>>9529778
>>9529804

I kind of agree and disagree with you. The bear pattern is totally not original, but it's really the fact that Simplicity bought from this girl in particular, and from Vierge Vampour during Rufflecon, explicitly for the purposes of making and selling the pattern. That is the unacceptable part. At the same time, otome no sewing has taken stuff that japanese brands make and sell the pattern. No one bats an eye. It's definitely a weird grey area, and people really love to jump on the hate wagon without thinking things through too deeply. That being said, if I made an actually original thing, not like the bear headdress, and Otome no Sewing or Simplicity stole it without giving me a cut or even credit I would be pissed as hell.

Agreed that print girl needs to sit down. No one is profiting off of her honestly that that great print, any more than they would have if it was a solid or a polka dot fabric used. She should be glad for the exposure.
>>
>>9529778
AP's pattern
>>
>>9529817
The difference is Otome no Sewing does collaborate with brands even putting interviews in the books.
>>
File: Bear Bonnet.jpg (83KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Bear Bonnet.jpg
83KB, 960x960px
>>9529804
>>9529817
Top is Otome no Sewing, Bottom Left is Minty Mix and Bottom Right is Kawaii goods.

It's one thing if it was a super original design, but it's not. The AP ad someone posted shows just how dated Bear Bonnets are. So what if they bought the bonnet from her to use as inspiration. It's not her unique item to be the ambassador of anyways (I am not sure about the corset girl since I haven't seen much of anything on her). With the cosplayer's they draft their own patterns for clothing that doesn't have patterns which is why when you buy a cosplayer branded pattern you are using something they constructed themselves, but something like this? Nah.
>>
File: IMG_2585.jpg (206KB, 750x1025px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2585.jpg
206KB, 750x1025px
She claim it her design
>>
File: bear.jpg (408KB, 998x498px) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
408KB, 998x498px
>>9529857
I mean, it kind of is? At least in the way Simplicity styled it on the cover it's definitely apparent that they copied her specific one. However, she doesn't own the concept of a bear bonnet. That's just ridiculous. It would be more appropriate to say they stole her style.

Pic related, left is Miss Candyholic, right is Simplicity.
>>
>>9529908
Except it also looks alot like the Baby one.
>>
>>9529908
Her style is basic af. Two bows? super unique. Do Not STEAL. At least Kawaii Goods added pearls and other accessories to make it different than something that's pretty plain.
>>
>>9529929
The sides come down to the cheeks and the ears are more to the side vs the top like baby's. It looks like a replica of hers with a lesser quality material.
I can see why she thinks that, it's pretty crappy if simplicity to only change a bow. They could have placed the ears differently or made it smaller.
>>
File: IMG_2593.jpg (77KB, 733x579px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2593.jpg
77KB, 733x579px
Someone posted that to the Bianca girls page
>>
They posted a story on the pattern theft, after hinting about it for a while;
http://sugoithreads.com/2017/06/23/simplicity-hot-water-copying-lolita-designers/

the comments are open on this article.
>>
>>9529550
I tend to buy when there's things I like up for sale for a good price. My greatest weakness is the fact that I like winter clothes and colors best (dark colors, heavy drape, velvet, long sleeves). I've been making an effort lately though to buy more dresses that can fit summer and spring/fall, and fewer crazy heavy velveteen OPs. Not that I've succeeded as much as I'd like.
>>
>>9528413
Is your petti as big as hers? Adding more volume to your skirt will make it shorter.
>>
>>9529959
I have the same problem - I buy according to my tastes, but I love long-sleeved velvet OPs and will buy them even in summer, then have to wait months to wear them.
>>
>>9529219
It means the take 1~2 days to ship something out, not how long it takes to arrive.
>>
>>9529955
Shots fired.
>>
>>9529972
God yes. Most of my wardrobe is very winter-y. I pretend it's a good thing by telling myself "well at least I have months to find certain items, or custom order things!" Although I've made more effort to diversify this spring, and I'm enjoying detachable sleeves for the versatility right now.

And then I buy another velvet OP. I might have a problem.
>>
>>9529955
Weren't these bear ear hat things around back when Sweet was actually good? I swear to god they were or else my entire life has been a fever dream.
>>
>>9529550
>>9529959

God, give me everything velveteen also. The colder months give me dark colors, thicker materials, and of course it's the beautiful coat season I have to wait for. I'm pretty lucky I realize because my personal style would not be doable in a warmer climate. It's both dry and cool here year round and always snowy in winter.

It's not winter specifically that hits me hard, though, since I'm not a fan of Christmas themed items. It's around Halloween that absolutely destroys my wallet. Usually it's the combination of brands putting out darker themed items than normal, plus it's getting cooler, so there's thicker materials anyway. I always have to set aside money for brands like AP, BtSSB, and ones that wouldn't normally put out things I like.
>>
What bothers me is we have no proof the simplicity table representative didn't buy the bonnet for themselves and literally has nothing to do with pattern drafting.

Simplicity is a larger company so I am sure the pattern drafter is not working the booths. I have seen almost all of these designs over and over from different brands. As a costume designer I search for inspiration everywhere and sometimes I find a dress style I like on etsy. Especially when I need old 1950 dresses. I never deconstruct stuff I just look at the image and figure out how to design it. A lot of patterns use the same basic parts. It really isn't that hard to draft a pattern for any of these items based on pictures. Also simplicity doesn't sell any of these items just the pattern. The pattern for the bear bonnet already exists in multiple locations online. It takes no business from the girl from them selling this because people who use it would likely make it themselves anyway.

It they did cut up and copy her pattern 100% yeah that's wrong but we literally have no proof that they did.
>>
So.. I have an adorable white blouse but it's pretty thin and see through. I wanna wear it with this skirt I recently bought, so would it be okay to wear a white tanktop underneath it? I don't wanna come off as being ita..
>>
>>9530048
If what you wear underneath is going to show through, you should either wear a pretty camisole underneath (kind of ero though), or wear T-shirt underneath with a neckline and sleeve length that matches the blouse (which should end up being invisible and making the blouse look opaque), or wear a vest/bustier over the top. Having a random tank top showing through won't look good.
>>
>>9530048
Wear a nude colored tank. Problem solved.
>>
>>9530038

You gotta admit it looks shady as fuck though.

Go back and take a look at all of the items in the set. In particular, take a long, hard look at that shitty BL-tier helicopter headbow. Nobody who wears lolita and can sew even a little will shit out a bow like that and expect things to be hunky dory. It’s a fricken headbow, any girl stuck with putting that on her head learns very quickly how to make a simple headbow that doesn’t actually look like shit. So, what does that tell you?

It tells me that none of the Simplicity people involved are in lolita, that’s what. So. Every single one of these bear and cat ear bonnets posted here? When you view them with the knowledge that the Simplicity patterners are clearly not lolitas, the fact that other brands have made them became moot, non lolitas aren't likely to have come across burando animal ear bonnets, they don't even commonly make an appearance in anime lolitas.

Now go back and think about a girl who doesn’t wear lolita purchasing lolita items with animals ears on them, that are so clearly weeby they can’t even use them as recon/renfaire accessories. And then the Simplicity team goes on to produce patterns for those exact same items that she bought even though it's clear none of them are lolitas.

If it sounds like a horse, anon. This sounds like too much bullshit from an asshole company looking to make a quick buck by filling up our tea parties with badly dressed costume itas. I don’t know why you’re so set on supporting them.
>>
Can anyone identify this? https://item.mercari.com/jp/m31655112835/
>>
>>9530212
So, it took me some digging, but I think this dress is not listed in lolibrary.
The tag is from the era around 2009 and it's a velveteen dress with a dotted tulle overdress.
According to this egl-sales-post selling the pink OP version of this dress, it's called something like 'Fairy Doll'
>http://egl-comm-sales.livejournal.com/9588731.html
>>
File: 95720_900.jpg (23KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
95720_900.jpg
23KB, 250x333px
>>9530230
And I found a stock picture, but this time it was called 'Dress Up JSK
>http://egl-comm-sales.livejournal.com/17534074.html
>>
>>9530230
>>9530232
Thanks a lot! We could add it when the lolibrary acts normal again.
>>
>>9530237
It seems hellolace had a page for it, does anyone know if we could dig information from hellolace up again? or is it lost forever?
>>
Is there a way add multiple tags in the new lolibrary? I remember the old one allowed it...
>>
>>9530267
Try searching for more than one term at once, like "angelic pretty polkadot op" for example.
>>
>>9530048
>>9530096
Seconding this. Wear a nude colored tank top or even a nude colored shapewear. I have several I picked up from Walmart super cheap that I wear under thin shirts when it would look tacky to see a white shirt underneath.
>>
File: mystery.png (432KB, 425x571px) Image search: [Google]
mystery.png
432KB, 425x571px
Could anyone help me identify this? It was listed as Baby and only said "summer pearl" as a description and I've already checked Lolibrary for the brand name and pearl and it's not any of the ones listed.
>>
>>9528728
Is it just me or any else think is this ridiculously ugly?
>>
>>9530362
Yeah it's not cool to rip it off at all, but I do think it's funny that of all the bonnets made available to them, they chose the one with the most ita potential.
>>
>>9528864
Enjoy your non matching bow. I'd much rather just wear a bow the right color
>>
>>9529082
That design isn't very original, I'm not sure it would actually be copyrightable, legally speaking
>>
>>9530232
Good lord this reminds me of an ita posted a long time ago wearing a petti over her dress
>>
>>9529082
So someone bought your fabric and used it how they wanted to? How is that any different from me buying fabric from a store and then using it in an advertisement to sell a dress? They don't have to contact you just like I don't have to contact JoAnns when I sell a dress. Jfc this girl is just hopping on the bandwagon, honestly the only person in this whole thing that has a right to complain is the cat bonnet designer. Everyone else needs to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>9530413
That designer is very unlikely to complain though as she is Japanese and her English is limited.
>>
File: fluffybunnychan.jpg (61KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
fluffybunnychan.jpg
61KB, 250x333px
>>9530362
Not as bad as this though lol
>>
>>9530284
Petit Fruit?
>>
>>9530414
I'm sure she's been informed by now with how badly everyone is overreacting.
I wish Simplicity would have just made the bonnet without the cat ears then added a foot note like 'you can be super kawaii desu ne if you add a few pieces of felt for animal ears!!' rather than just being cunts about it.
>>
>>9528681
Alright so the indie designers probably can't get this pattern taken down, but what about using Sanrio? That bag looks suspiciously like Hello Kitty, I bet that at least warrants a cease and desist. Isn't there a Lolita or two who works for Sanrio?
>>
>>9530428
If films like 'Braver' aren't decimated by Disney then I doubt Sanrio can take the pattern down for a purse resembling Hello Kitty, Simplicity will just shrug and say something like "oh this is just a cute white kitty cat purse!"
>>
>>9530435
>>9530428

It's completely legal to "eye ball" the construction of an object; you cannot copyright design concepts, so legally there are no grounds for getting the pattern removed. However, you can call out companies for making knock-offs, which encourages them to try to be more creative in the future.
>>
>>9530428
It's not close enough jfc. Everyone just needs to calm down about this. VV is the only one that has any reason to be angry.
I'm curious to know how many of these indie designers based their own dresses off of simplicity patterns rather than drafting.
That would be deliciously ironic.
>>
>>9530443
I'm not personally involved in this drama but I'm angry besides I don't like the idea of large companies ripping off small designers, especially when they are treating lolita like some weird costume. We can argue grey areas until the end of time, but this is the main reason I'm so rustled.
>>
>>9530447
>Angry because*

it's late here and autocorrect is not my friend
>>
File: IMG_1346.jpg (166KB, 598x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1346.jpg
166KB, 598x340px
>>9529908
Okay I know we all like to bitch and claim people are overreacting, and I agree that the bear hood thing isn't her specific idea and I agree that this is in a weird grey area. But I try to think of it like with fashion designers versus fast fashion. Does Wildfox own the rights to a basic red sweater that's slightly ripped with white stars? No, but it's all those things styled together that make people inclined to say "'this sweater is their design/idea", and Forever 21 copied their specific styling even if they did not invent red sweaters with white stars. This girl definitely didn't come up with the idea of a bear hood but when you look at her product photo and the advertising photo of the pattern, Simplicity was copying this girls specific interpretation of the bear hood and I can understand why she might be upset, even though she doesn't own the rights to bear hoods, pink chin straps, pink bows, bows on the ears, or hoods going all the way down past the ears, or blue furry fabric. On that note, since it isn't quite her original design but more like an interpretation or even what some may consider to be a knock off of what brands have already done, she probably would be best off to not claim that it was her own 100% original design. I dunno, I can see both sides of the argument but I think I can sympathize with her being a little miffed.
>>
>>9529817
>Agreed that print girl needs to sit down. No one is profiting off of her honestly that that great print, any more than they would have if it was a solid or a polka dot fabric used. She should be glad for the exposure.
Yeah, legally, Simplicity is totally in the right. She's just salty after the fact that they didn't "credit her" and now there's people begging Simplicity to "release the fabric for sale" or some shit, and nobody knows that it originally came from her. Unless she raises awareness of that, it's gonna be a missed opportunity

I was pretty excited for the patterns but desu the whole bonnet business and "lolita costume" leave a sour taste in my mouth, not sure how to feel about it now. Definitely not excited enough to spend $11.97 + ~$10 USD on shipping; if I add a few more dollars I could have a whole OnS book for that.
>>
>>9530412
Ive been trying to find that forever, do yo have the link?
>>
>>9528777
Wish I knew where I could buy the volumes
>>
>selling a one of a kind dress that you were gifted

Nice.
>>
File: 20170623_153516.jpg (1MB, 2048x1855px) Image search: [Google]
20170623_153516.jpg
1MB, 2048x1855px
>>9530696
Shit, I'm an idiot.
>>
>>9529929
Shit I own a bear bonnet like that with smaller bows and the same kind of ribbon tie.
I-Is that a replica?
>>
>>9530696
>>9530697
Does that really shock you? Choke doesn't appreciate shit. Not trying to ruffle feathers but she probably thinks she's too good for it. Even if I got old and fat and didn't fit, I don't think I'd sell a one of a kind dress, and for less than some of BABY's lace monsters. Distasteful desu.
>>
>>9530697
Choke is a bitch but I get why she sold it. She never wore it after the fashion show, but that isn't choke, this is the girl who bought it.
>>
>>9530476

Honestly, I think even without the drama it's not really a worthwhile pattern. The two items they're accused of copying are the best patterns in the lot, there's probably much better instructions for free off the net for the canotier and the headbow at least, probably the rectangle headdress as well.

And when was the last time you actually met a lolita who says her bear bonnet/cat bonnet is her most versatile item? So you're basically paying that much money for patterns that you'll likely use once and that's it. At least the OnS includes a whole wardrobe for their price.
>>
>>9530709
I feel like anon was adding the screenshot because it explains that Choke sold it to Pic Related in the first place. Even if she never wore it again, it was an extremely special gift, not just "oh you can keep that $350 mass produced jsk teehee~"
It just feels like her personality to me as well, to not know the true value of something and just sell it off like she would any "rare print"
>>
>>9529850
>>9529824
Which Otome no Sewing issue is this in? I want to buy it.
>>
How do you arrange your dresses in your wardrobe gulls?
By color? Make a "rainbow"? By types (JSK/OP/..)? By brand? By year? By style?...

I tend to arrange them in a way to make it look aesthetically pleasing color wise when you open the wardrobe.
>>
>>9530746
I arrange roughly by rainbow, but I'm missing "yellow" so a couple ivory dresses with yellow in the print are in that part instead.
>>
>>9530746
By type. Also by print. I'm not going to put a white dress next to something that looks like it'll bleed easily (ie red dresses).
>>
>>9530746
I arrange by colour, and then by sleeve length (jsk - short sleeve op - long sleeve op).
>>
>>9530746
Dark colors on one side, light on the other. I am a simple lolita.
>>
>>9530415
Ha I wish simplicity would copy that for some handmade gems
>>
>>9530746
I arrange by brand and then color, making exceptions if I have dresses in different colorways
>>
>>9530729
>It just feels like her personality to me as well, to not know the true value of something and just sell it off like she would any "rare print"
I have to agree. I can't imagine anyone wouldn't feel hurt and upset to find out that they gave a friend an extremely rare, one of a kind gift, only for said friend to never even use it, and then sell it. I mean, Choke can do what she wants, but that's such an incredibly inconsiderate thing to pull.
>>
>>9530746
By color, light to dark. I have a lot of white and ivory dresses, so I don't want my dark colored dresses to stain them.
>>
what social media platforms do lolitas usually use? I know the obvious ones like facebook, tumblr, instagram. but I really like amino since you can enter chats. are there any more popular ones lolitas use?
>>
>>9530916
facebook is most popular, it seems.
Would the Lolita community use a message board, though, I wonder? Like, one where you have screen names, but you aren't tied to your irl self like facebook?
>>
>>9530933
You mean like LJ?
>>
>1 bad rating
>You cannot bid on this auction because the seller has a low rating.

kms thanks buyee
>>
>>9530937
LJ is kinda outdated. I mean, it works, but wouldn't a "true" message board work better, instead of using a blogging service?
>>
>>9530736
Top one is OnS book 10 iirc
>>
>>9531011
I don't know anon, LJ to me just seems like a ramped up forum to me. You have your own pages and and it's organized differently, but the interaction itself is much like a forum, and with the tags, it works a lot like a search bar would.

I don't know how nowaday internet culture would deal with forums. Forums can be close nit and "rewarding" but it takes a lot more effort than your average instant gratification with likes/what have you that people are used to now.

I would love a forum based system, but I'm not sure how successful it would be.
>>
>>9531052
Oh Jesus Christ, I should have proof-read this. Sorry for the text spew.
>>
>>9530995
There are other sites where you can bid for it if Buyee won't let you buy. Try Jauce.
>>
>>9531011
I love BBS culture! LJ was never quite right for me. I wish we could have an oldschool forum
>>
>>9531094
Will that one help evade proxy buyer bans on y!j? I'm so irritated with JP sellers who have blocked all the SS's I use
>>
>>9531101
Yes it did for me. The item will cost more, but hopefully you'll be able to buy it.
>>
>>9531101
Why would JP buyers block SS's?
>>
>>9531126
1) Sellers don't want the items to go out of circulation in Japan. 2) Shopping services typically don't use enough keigo. 3) Racism.
>>
>>9531052
Using Tapatalk makes forums bearable. I'd join if there was a decent lolita forum that allowed some amount of anon and usernames.
>>
>>9531142
No anon option is better, usernames are the fun of forumposting. I've made irl friends that way. Just no upvotes, I hate that shit
>>
>>9531157
I get it, but I do enjoy the honesty of anonymity. I like both so why not give the option to users? As long as it's well moderated, it'd be fine and I'm sure most people would post with usernames anyway.
>>
>>9531052
>I don't know how nowaday internet culture would deal with forums
there are some special interest groups that continue to use forums. a lot of writing groups, professional communities, various self-help enclaves. the more niche, the more likely to hang on to the discussion board format.

i think for one to work for lolita, it would need to be attached to an already well-known lolita website, like lolibrary or lacemarket. or else be part of a new website that served as a hub in some other way.
>>
>>9531264
... What if it was attached to a website that reported on Lolita news?
>>
secrets up
>>
>>9531271
I don't think people would care? As much as I hate Facebook and miss LiveJournal, I would never go back to a message board. It's just way too clunky and outdated, you would never get enough people to look past the inconvenience in order to get it off the ground, even banking on sheer nostalgia. Lace book never took off, why would yours?
>>
>>9531271
Lolita news moves so fast now through Lolita Updates, Facebook shares, and cgl. Even the Lolita general threads' previous thread summaries are sort of stale by the time they get posted. Why would we need a separate site for an official Lolita news source? You would have to be updating it so frequently. Even that girl with the YouTube show calls it "last week Lolita news", there's always some new information or meme.
>>
>>9531126
Cause when foreigners could buy directly they were rude so they dont want them at all. Plus foreigners try a lot of different scams. Its just a hassle. But if you follow their rules its alright.
>>
>>9531131
4) Shopping services also (apparently) don't leave feedback, which can be a pain for personal sales accounts trying to build a reputation
5) Many auctions require a self-introduction message if you haven't bought from them before, and SS frequently ignore that request unless they're a small, personalised service like Mai or Muku used to be
>>
>>9530697
I don't think choke understood the gift. All she saw was the wrong queen. I think the maker was saying you remind me of a famous queen. But a lot of girls like choke dont see the value in things. Its all a means to make money. I wonder what choke's background is. Judging by her sad youtube( trying to be jeffree star) nad years on the scene, I can just about guess what her story is.
-she will continue locshop until people give up but she will never just walk away. No matter how many complaints.
>>
There is a difference between legal and morality. I can tell the u.k people by the trouble with this concept. Just becayse you can legally get away with something doesnt nean your business deserves to thrive.

>>9530435
Disney doesnt tell original stories. But sanrio has original items. So disney cant sue unless it is their character. Like specifical elsa. They cant even sue for alladin unless you used the hat.
Fyi the lion king was plagirised.
Frozen is hans christian anderson.
>>
>>9530746
from longsleeve to shortsleeve to jsk to skirt, and then from dark to more colored (I don't have many pastels)
>>
>>9530746
Type > Colour > Brand

So all dresses (JSK/OP) go on one side. The other side is a double-bar, so tops on top (blouses, vests, jackets, boleros) and bottoms on bottom (skirts, petticoats). Both sides of the closet are then sorted by colour. Within that colour, they're arranged by Brand (usually because they match better that way).

Shoes go on the shelf up top and bags go on the shelf in between the two "sides". Accessories, socks, bloomers and what not go in drawers under the bag shelves, or in hat boxes underneath the dress side of the closet.
>>
>>9531160
I don't want to alarm you anon but the concept you are looking for is tripfagging
>>
>>9530413
Why are you so mad? Do you regularly rip people off. Lol.
its bad form to not credit limited sources. So you wouldnt credit jo-annes (unless you are a great seamstress or your customers ask) but you would credit handmade martha or at the least say " indie print". You would also credit if it adds value, so, if btssb had fabric you would credit. So with simplicity being a big company if they did use her unique fabric they should say something. However the fabric seems generic to me so I dont see a need to credit.
>>
>>9530413
actually if you look in the selvedge many fabrics sold at joann have copyright info and some even say they are not for commerical use
>>
>>9531371
As someone that makes and sells clothing no one credits the fabrics reguardless of where they get them.
>>
>>9531361
Hello kitty is based on miffy
>>
Who are your favourite gothic lolitas? Mine used to be sugar rose and bonbon malefique but they both left now. I need someone new for coord inspiration :(
>>
>>9531430
I like Marie Dauphine and siriusc on tumblr.
>>
>>9531357
What's her YouTube?
>>
>>9531430
Hide vi is nice. What's the name of the girl who posts a lot of Moitie coords in CoF and has more trad goth hairstyle/makeup style? Does she have insta or anything? Does anyone know the one I'm talking about?
>>
>>9531481
Rosenocturnalia on Instagram.
>>
>>9531484
Oh I do like her too, but this is actually the girl I'm talking about. I don't know what her internet handle is though.
>>
>>9529948
Why are people having such a hard time with this. They stole her design/style. You wrote this and people still dont see it. Tsk.
I see why people come down hard on replica's. A lot of people in the fashion are theives. Simplicity bear/cat bonnets look like those two girls. The end. The spacing and everything is the same. They figured it was mass produced since it was at a con and stole it. I think they should be banned from cons for breaking the spirit.
>>
>>9530038
You seem to be the girl from the booth. Its shady and low down to steal. Its so blantant how can you defend it?
-- how can you call yourself a designer if you are go on etsy and copy designs. Thats stupid. What you are us a seamstress. Cause you didnt design anything. If you want to call yourself a designer you go to the source, study, and then let your mind guide you to a design.
And you guys wonder why no one buys your "creations". Wonder why you can only sell at cons. Get creative and learn your craft.
I'm being hard on you because its pure laziness on your part and simplicity.
>>
>>9531599
>>9531616
Samefag much?
>>
>>9531376
Good point. I guess that shows that people do not read anymore!
>>9531406
Yes they do. You are just showing your cheapness level. Like western brand colab's. If its a specific pattern then they will tell the house. So Chanel partnered with jeff scott(fake name) to make a limited purse. Or these pants were made with fabric from rufflecon. There are ways to credit. When you start to deal with real money you want to know quality. In simplicity case they couldve wrote " fabric from limited seller". They didnt have it custom made. They are a big company, they should make distinctions. Thats why people are asking them to release the print.
>>9531423
I dont think so but I can see why people would think so. They use a similar style but they are different. Unless tge whole kitty lady traveled to miffy land as a child "which she was too poor to do" it just a coincident that a rabbit and a cat/girl that are drawing very plainly look alike.
>>
>>9531638
simplicity monitoring the thread?
>>
>>9531669
new thread
>>9531669
>>
>>9531367
I wasn't referring to cgl, I was referring to a forum. I know the concept, but it's not remotely the same. I meant a forum that required you to sign up, but allowed use of anon on posts if desired. Defaulting to usernames.
>>
>>9531643
Miffy is very popular in Japan and has been cited as an inspiration for many minimalist kawaii characters.
Hello Kitty is clearly heavily inspired by Miffy, and likely Musti as well.
>>
>>9531912
Miffy dutch 1950's //hello kitty 1980's. I good case can be made that a poor woman from a war torn country dont know miffy. Miffy is very generic as well. Dont misunderstand i'm the one harping on simplicity but I wont ban hello kitty for rip off.
>>
>>9531616
Nope got nothing to do with simplicity or selling anything at cons. I also said I never completely copy the designs off of etsy. I use them as inspiration for designing costumes. I actually do costume design for plays and shit. Not selling crappy costumes at conventions.

If I am doing a show that takes place in the 1950's and my actress doesn't fit into 1950 dresses. Guess what bitch I have to make her one and it has to be period accurate. So sure cuts might be similar because my designs need to be accurate. Nothing worse than an old lady telling me I got Tights wrong, which happened when I was in school because the teacher had us use stock.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty. Until someone buys this pattern and compares the pattern of the "Stolen" designs, we have no way of knowing if it was stolen or not.

Will I buy this pattern? Not a chance. It is basic af and the items are ita as hell. I would have to redraft the whole pattern.
I might get the dress pattern just because I could use it with minimal adjustments to make something cute, but probably not because once again It is so much easier to draft my own pattern.

And one of my biggest points is, THIS IS NOT going to effect the indie artists as much as everyone screams it is, it might even help them. People who know how to sew and could make this on their own already are not going to buy it just because this pattern doesn't exist. People who want to sew it will with or without the pattern. People who see the pattern and then decide they suck will start contacting actual sellers.

Though I will admit we might start seeing more handmaid itas.
>>
>>9534015
If you learned your craft and read up on design you wouldnt have to troll etsy. You think lagerfeld is trolling etsy. No, he is looking at people and using his tools to make a vision. Its a fine line. Dont get mad at me. you are acceptable for stage because they just need replicas. Create +++ replica. Different things.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.