[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finland Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: desucon_2015_01.png (2MB, 1589x1024px) Image search: [Google]
desucon_2015_01.png
2MB, 1589x1024px
So what did you think about Desucon?
>>
You mean t.b.h.con
>>
Enjoyed it very much! Nice weather, good cosplayers and nice program. Was a bit #jonocon but nonetheless 10/10. The bar used for the saturdays party was great as well, much better than Seurahuone desu
>>
Puricon confuses me a lot... Because their focus is on kawaii stuff and fashion etc. I was very confused about the new guest of honor who is a hentai artist. Always thought their target audience was younger people...
>>
>>9526567
Their representative was very rude to bother the AA sellers. They're trying to run a table, they don't have time to listen to a 10 minute sales pitch about this new con that no one is interested in. Just give them a flyer and let them be for gods sake.
Also, 40e tickets for a con held for the first time at Jykylä of all places? Good luck with that.
>>
puricon will get all the congoers from "pappa betalar" youngsters. I just feel that the fact that the makers get paid to make the con fights against the idea of from fans to fans mentality.
>>
>>9526680
>fights against the idea of from fans to fans mentality
Puricon is actually meant to be a money making business for the organizers so you're right about that. I personally couldn't care less for how big an event is if the organizers have zero passion towards making it.
>>
I'm really pumped about ShindoL and the possible lolita guest (although they're gonna be a westerner like everyone else so far) for Puricon but I don't like Saija and I only hear bad things about the guy running it with her. I would prefer not to give them any money.
>>
If they have so much money why are they arranging the convention in Jyväskylä? Why not Helsinki? 40 euros is way too steep for a convention in central Finland.

>>9526736
I have the same thoughts. The people running Animecon and Puricon are really suspicious, I don't want to give them any money.
>>
So, apparently Puricon is organized by an actual company (meaning osakeyhtiö), which means that the organizers can get paid. And judging by the ticket prices, that's probably their goal as well.

The whole convention seems like its going to be a trainwreck. Their marketing in Desucon was obnoxious and annoying, Jyväskylä is far from everywhere, they can't spell-check their tweets or website, and the fact that they are an actual company seems shady (or maybe they chose to go with Oy instead of Ry because of some other reason, but every singe convention been organized by Ry thus far and everything has gone fine).

I hope someone is planning on attending, because I sure as hell want to see how this possible shitshow goes down.
>>
>>9526567
Contributing some info as someone who does AAs pretty regularly, yeah the sales pitch/lecture was annoying and even came off as pretty desperate. I noted him that they don't have a closing time for applications for the AA and he apologized and admitted the mistake but told it has already been taken care of (it still isn't, there still isn't a date). I was also told that the con will accept all AA applications and will scale up their AA with the number of applicants to provide the biggest AA Finnish cons have ever seen... It does sound ambitious, right, but is it smart at all? No. Artist Alleys need some kind of Jury to weed out applicants who just are not fit for the AA and nobody wants to walk through an AA with a hundred tables. A smaller AA with quality artists is much more sufficient.

I really want to believe in Puricon (even though arranging cons for-profit leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth) but they're not really giving anything to believe in. They do have some (too) ambitious things coming imo, but they also seem generally shady and have awful communication.
>>
>>9526820
I'll probably go even though I share your suspicions
I'm just desperate for any conventions that aren't in the south
>>
the biggest problem for me w puricon is that the organizers get paid and all but what about the other staff? Now that they are an "oy" shouldn't they pay for their staff too? Or is this some weird "työkokeilu" thing they'll be relying on?
>>
>>9527041
yeah that rubbed me the wrong way as well. won't be going and giving my money to the greedy fuckers desu
>>
File: 654645.png (275KB, 391x442px) Image search: [Google]
654645.png
275KB, 391x442px
i'm going to puricon regardless of how shit it is just because i live in jyväskylä and i dont have to spend money on train or hotel
>>
>>9527041
>Ohjelmanpitäjille tarjoamme pääsylipun tapahtumaan, majoituksen sekä ruokailun tapahtumaviikonloppuna.
So same stuff as in any other con.
>>
>>9526758
Not everyone lives in Helsinki, Jyväskylä is closer choise for many. And people liked the place for animecon. The place is the smallest of puricon's problems..
>>
>>9527500
Ohjelmanpitäjät =/= staff. Staff is työvoima, and if this is a company they can't have the staff working for free unless it's something like työkokeilu like anon mentioned.
>>
>>9527635
And if it is a "työkokeilu" will the staff need to apply for 3 days of money from Kela? Or even worse: is it possible to loose your kela moneys if you work for 3 days? All these questions.
>>
>>9527635
They are looking for volunteerers:
https://puricon.fi/fi/event/volunteer
>>
>>9528757
>https://puricon.fi/fi/event/volunteer
>Puricon ei tee itse itseään
Vaan etsii vapaaehtoisia tekemään kaiken työn ja kerää rahat sitten omaan taskuunsa?
>>
>>9528881
Like a true business ! I kinda hope they go so deep in the red that they'll realize cons aren't something they should try to profit from.
>>
random question kinda on topic, what are the finnish laws on selling my own art/crafts on the internet worldwide? like the amount of money i can make before i have to start paying taxes and will i lose my financial aid? should i do artist alley instead of online?
>>
>>9529512
You might wanna go check out the information from the official tax site
https://www.vero.fi/fi-FI/Yritys_ja_yhteisoasiakkaat/Arvonlisaverotus/Vahainen_liiketoiminta_on_arvonlisaverot(9640)

in other words you need to make over 10k to be required to pay taxes
>>
>>9526736
Lolita guest? If it's Saija taking care of it she is widely disliked even internationally so I doubt anyone with even a bit of name would come especially if there is barely any Finnish community. If it happens it's someone like Chiringo
>>
File: crop48379472.png (54KB, 1051x903px) Image search: [Google]
crop48379472.png
54KB, 1051x903px
does anyone know what this is about? Some random chick's tweets were posted to ylis and this happened
>>
>>9531344
>shitposts about contouring and ugly from far off Suomiland weeaboos

We're all the same shitlords everywhere, aren't we? Brings a tear to my eye.
>>
>>9526820
With a bit of inside information - it's a company (OY) because Pasi (the "CEO" - I use quotations because they've done nothing but burn bridges thus far) wants to make money off conventions. His goal is to be making all sorts of conventions and fairs in a couple of years, basically becoming a facilitator for other people's conventions for money.

What I find the most stupid is that people validate their cash grabbing by helping them either for free or for stupidly little cash. Like Cosvision doing their cosplay competitions instead of just doing like everyone with any hopes for the scene in Finland and flipping them the finger. This kind of shit is bad for all of us, and simply because someone could get a few hundred for a competition. baka
>>
>>9526824
Ambitious without any real idea or thought behind it kind of envisions the whole Suomen Con-Tapahtumat OY - a lot if ideas with very little brains.

Even their websites are a train crash of poor language and actual mistakes and discrepancies between the translations. I won't be going to either one but I will have my popcorn ready when the day comes.
>>
>>9535279
Cosvision seriously f'd up by giving the NCC to them. It's despicable how little self-respect they have but it's no surprise they care about nothing else but their own asses.
>>
>>9535279
People trying to profit from cons are the worst kind. There's a very small amount of successful cons in Finland in the first place so seeing people spend their money on an obvious cash grab with no passion behind it really sucks.
Of course it'd be good if people were to vote with their wallets in situations like these but it's pretty obvious there's going to be a bunch of teens having their parents pay for the con because they want to visit ALL the cons and for finns who have started to visit cons in the last couple of years a large scale con probably sounds new and inviting. Personally I'm pretty happy with cons the size of Desucon, big enough to be successful but small enough to feel comfortable and be able to focus on one aspect of the hobby properly.
>>
>>9531344
I took that screen cap!
Every IP adress that post to ylilauta has their own unique ID in each thread, so basically the ID jmBxMpvxSU is the same person on the said thread. Normal users do not see these ID numbers, but people who buy a "gold account" get to see these.
In the first message person posting is saying that he/she was the overwatch character who was at con with the Shimakaze cosplayer that was previously dissed on in the tread and gives out impression that he/she is her friend.
On the next few messages, coming from the same user, the poster is saying that the said cosplayer shouldn't have cosplayed Shimakaze because she is fat and her body type isn't suitable for such character.
You see where I'm going with this?
>>
>>9535499
So who is this Overwatch cosplayer talking shit about her friend?
>>
>>9535559
Probably some nobody, just like the girl she was talking about.
>>
>>9535499
I'm sorry but I find it hilarious that someone actually spent money on ulilauta.
>>
>>9526820
Non-Finn here, how common are this kind of cons? Anything similar to Dashcon?
>>
>>9525849
underrated first comment
>>
>>9545494
Finnish cons are organized by non-profit organizations, and there haven't really been any major trainwrecks. Most cons go smoothly or great even, smaller and newer cons sometimes take small missteps but nothing major. Definitely nothing like Dashcon.
There was one con some years ago (forgot the name) where the organizer decided to rent a huge-ass venue and had to take a loan, didn't make enough money with the ticket sales and got into debt. That only affected him tho, the con went on normally for everyone else.
>>
>>9525845
>So what did you think about Desucon?

Too far away. All the cute and hot cosplayers are taken.
>>
>>9546058
Popcult I assume?
>>
>>9529559
Hey I'm kinda out of pace here, I've missed a whole lot so can you (or someone) tell me:
Why do people dislike Saija? I kinda heard she said weird shit but I'm not sure if I understood right? And how widely is she actually disliked? Like on a lot of continents or something or just a few countries? Lol I'm so bad at asking coherent and non idiotic questions sorry.
>>
>>9548738
I think that person is talking about Fanfest... Popcult is organized by different people.
>>
>>9548758
She's been spewing racist shit both offline and online. There was some CoF drama (I think) at least when one of her photos description had a really racist tone to it (can't remember the exact description) but that drama was really short-lived.

Inside Finland she seems to be widely disliked by every veteran member at least, mostly because of that racist bullshit. I just find her ringlet wigs ugly as hell.
>>
>>9550271
I have seen one racist comment on her blog and also that one where she said every sweet lolita is a little bit ageplayer. Those have proof but I heard rumors that she doesn't care for her child.

Cgl related I despise her coords. They always look like cosplay and it's thanks to those wigs. It never looks like something that you could call fashion with props and accesories from goth shops. IMO her face doesn't suit lolita. She's pretty but in away you could see her only rock Cybershop clothes 'cause she wears make up like she's made from plastic.
>>
File: kuoma.png (694KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
kuoma.png
694KB, 640x960px
>>9554102
The wigs ruin like 9/10 of her coords. And I've heard her personal Facebook is full of links and stuff that give off a racist vibe.

As for her child, I think one of her blogposts said something about not getting the kid any Christmas presents (for some reason?) but she bought a shitton of stuff for herself. I guess the child was a mistake, but why not abort it if you do not want it.

Here's something to keep this cgl related, why would you even consider Kuomas.
>>
>>9554224
Wow, a perfect ita. Hope this is an older coord.
>>
>>9554252
it's from this March
>>
Any news about the Puricon lolita guest?
>>
>>9558973
I guess they're publishing something this weekend at Animecon...?
>>
>>9560055
It got leaked weeks ago and it was some no-name western girl if I remember correctly
>>
hey finns, I'm coming to tracon in september and I'm wondering what I should wear - I have a cosplay for one day/if the weather sucks, but I'm not sure about wearing lolita since I'm not sure if any other j-fashy people will be represented and it's a bit of a hassle to bring on the boat, so:
>is there any j-fash usually at tracon? what sort?
>will I look super out of place wearing a slightly more elaborate coord?

sorry if this question seems slightly familiar, I think I asked something similar before but I'm really not sure.
>>
So how's Animecon?
>>
>>9561884
Yeah, and who might it be?
>>
>>9562579
There's plenty of lolitas and other j-fashion, and OTT or elaborate coords are absolutely fine too. Seeing elaborate and well-put together coords is always nice, especially since Tracon is not an R-18 con and there's going to be some young itas running around.

>>9562619
Wondering this as well, the twitter hashtag seems kinda dead. Animecon-anons please deliver.
>>
>>9562680
sweet, thank you! I hope my meta uniform-kei won't be too bad/will do cgl proud
>>
>>9561884
Interested in this aswell.

>>9562579
We could always arrange a meetup in nearby cafe/picnic or something so more people would be able to come and it would be easier to get familiar with people.
>>
According to twitter there will be new con in Turku in february
>>
https://www.umicon.fi/fi

New con from SCT coming to Turku, Arina Tanemura as first goh.
If tickets are under 40€ this might be interesting.
>>
I wonder how many new cons they are going to make to maximise the profit
>>
>>9562619
Garbage. I really regret going as I was expecting the same quality as last year in Jyväskylä, Musiikkikeskus is way too small for a convention as big as this. It was really hot and cramped and neckbeards still don't know how to wear deodorant.
>>
File: bucketcheer.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
bucketcheer.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
>>9563428
I do have a group of friends there to hold my hand/translate (since this is my first time going abroad alone for a con), but that is a lovely offer - is there a facebook group or something for lolitas of the area that I should get in touch with? I'll drop my email in case you want to pursue the idea of a mini meet of sorts, but it's just me coming from over the gulf as far as I know so I don't know if you want to go through the trouble
>>
>>9563966
I will email you the name of the Facebook group! I'm not from Tampere myself so I don't know best places etc. so it would be better if someone else took a charge. Afaik, there has been quite nice turnout so it shouldn't be a problem. Means there will be all sorts of people though.
>>
>>9554224
Wtf is up with those pönttökengät? I've seen those only on kids.
>>
>>9563966
if you feel like it, join "Tampereen röyhelöpyllyt" at fb, it's a local comm site and it's highly likely there's going to be some sort of meetup planning happening there!
>>
>>9566783
in their defence kuomas are actually pretty comfortable as shitty winter shoes, I have some from my teenage years that I still use as dog walking boots

>>9569606
thank you anon! I got that name from the other anon as well - should I join even though I'm not a permanent member/not living there? other anon also said they would look whether any planning seemed to be going on in the general finnish comm.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.