[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bonbon Voyage: Lolita Cruise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 11

File: event.jpg (66KB, 505x350px) Image search: [Google]
event.jpg
66KB, 505x350px
Is anyone going to this event? It is such a great idea. I am sad I found this after it was sold out already. I wish there were more creative meetups like this.
>>
>>9520943
cruises are for lower middle class families who want to get a stomach bug, so no
>>
>>9520951
This, sounds like a shitshow waiting to happen. Can't wait to see the photos of the garbage food and snacks that give you the shits, and the poorly lit "professional" coord shots. At least the fashion show might be okay since you'll have to pay way too much for an event like this. The downside is that you're stuck using whatever shitty vendors the cruise line uses, for every aspect
>>
Looking forward to seeing Cakes & Couture 2.0
>>
>>9520982
This cruise doesnt have a fashion show? Im not even sure what meet people are talking about. Its literally just people on a boat. Not even the whole boat, just rented an area of it
>>
I'm guessing the posters here don't have a clue what they're talking about. Have either of you been on the Spirit of Norfolk before? Tickets for their lunch cruises are like $80 with tax. I haven't been in years, but it's kind of fancy and they've renovated the boat since I've been. I'm not sure how the organizers are affording to sell the tickets for $60-70 with goody bags and prizes and whatever, but I'm really excited for this event.

And there's not going to be a fashion show I don't think??? Where are you getting that
>>
>>9521005
Cruises are stereotyped as being a lower middle class family sort of thing. It's even been joked about on mainstream shows.

Talk to me about ~fancy~ when you've been to an event with a ticket that costs more than $300.
>>
>>9520943
Ehhh. I've always thought a lolita cruise would be cool. But this is just like, lunch on a boat?
Lame.

Instead of RuffleCon just have everyone book a Disney cruise and plan lunches and dinners together and do trivia, character meets, go to shows, etc as a group.
>>
>>9521009
Ain't nobody in Virginia or any surrounding state gonna pay $300+ for a meetup. People are already complaining about the price of this meetup. You have to have attendees to have an event.
>>
>>9521024
People always complain about the prices, and I'm not saying they should charge $300. Please go back and reread what I said, you seemed to have some comprehension issues.

Why anyone would pay to go on a cramped boat and get diarrhea is beyond me.
>>
>>9521031
Because the other option in the area is going to a tea house... again
>>
This is a cute idea, so I hope it goes well. Has cgl ever been impressed with an event though?
>>
>>9521009
Sorry that not everyone was born into money like you
>>
>>9521031
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g58026-d2205617-Reviews-Spirit_of_Norfolk-Norfolk_Virginia.html
261 reviews and it looks like none of those reviewers got sick or had diarrhea, but ok
>>
File: horrifying.png (202KB, 680x674px) Image search: [Google]
horrifying.png
202KB, 680x674px
>>9521003
>Only part of the boat
That's a huge red flag right there. Hope people are ready to get mega harassed by drunken middle-age normies.
>>
>>9521044
Cruises are known for food poisoning. This isn't news. Are you working for this event? Because that's the only thing I can think of that would cause you to actually try and link that.

>>9521035
Really there are lots of ideas someone could implement that doesn't involve something as distasteful and miserable as a cruise.
>>
>>9521043
Sorry you didn't manage to get a well-paying job.
>>
>>9521009
I've never heard of a Lolita event costing $300 ( and I don't mean if you're like flying to a different country and adding the total cost, I mean JUST the event ticket)
>>
>>9521065
I wasn't talking about Lolita events. I was giving perspective to poorfag anon.
>>
>>9521063
You sound like a lot of fun
>>
>>9521043
Apology accepted.
>>
>>9521067
Why are you so mad at someone who's just presenting verifiable facts? You can google cruise + food poisoning. It's common af
>>
>>9521009
you must not be a lolita. ha. $300 per ticket.
>>
>>9521064
The vast majority of this board is under 25 and living off their parents money. I'd like to know what kind of career you think someone in their early 20s can get that moves them from middle to upper class.
>>
>>9521031
I have been on many cruises and have never had an issue with the food? sorry you had a bad experience.
>>
>>9521079
I am, read

>>9521066

and stop being so salty.
>>
>>9521081
I've never been on a cruise because I wouldn't lower myself to that. Your personal experience doesn't matter when this is something that makes the news pretty much every year. It's even had jokes on super mainstream jokes made about it.

I'm sorry your event is based on such a shitty idea but the facts are there for anyone to see.
>>
>>9521082
you must be an Aussie. constantly overpaying for shit.

$60 US ticket here= $300 AUD ticket there.
>>
>>9521083
>Jokes on super mainstream jokes
Lol
>>
>>9521086
I apologize for not putting as much effort into this as you want, but I know you got the gist and just wanted to point out something I did.

>>9521084
I'm not. Is it really such a foreign idea to you that nicer events cost more money? Or are you like 12 and don't know what things usually cost?
>>
>>9521089
sweetie, no lolita meetup costs $300 in the US. I feel so sorry for you
>>
>>9521089
No, it just sounds like you're a 16 year old trust fund baby that has no idea what things normally cost. Take your shit somewhere else if you want to flash around daddy's money and contribute nothing to the thread
>>
>>9521089
Idk man, just because you pay a shit ton doesn't make it nice I mean look at cakes n couture or even fire festival lol
>>
File: f577630cf08eca.jpg (253KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
f577630cf08eca.jpg
253KB, 564x423px
had to share this. kek
>>
>>9521083
>wouldnt lower myself

You sound fun at parties. Sure, maybe its a common thing to get food poisoning in a cruise, but i dont think a few hours out on the water is going to do that. If it was a 3-5 day thing at sea i can see it.

Just a bunch of girls on a boat for an afternoon. Let them have their fun.
>>
the group who went last year...
>>
>>9521095
Learn how to read

>>9521066

>>9521096
Realistically there's nothing to really contribute to a thread like this. It's a shitty event just like any other shitty event.

I'm sorry your world view is so closed that you think the only people who pay more for things are 16 year olds with trust funds.

>>9521098
That's why you have to know what makes events reputable. I'm not saying throwing money at something instantly makes it better, i'm saying that well planned out events typically cost more.
>>
>>9521100
It's not only the span of time but the shit food you find on cruises + sanitation issues that come from the staff and poor management.

All it takes is one moment of setting your hand down where someone got sick and an employee cleaned it up improperly because they wanted to go home early or one plate that had bad shrimp and wasn't properly cleaned.
>>
>>9521106
can we move on from your obsession with food poisoning please.
>>
>>9521103
So all events are shitty y'all case closed

But seriously what is the point of this rn? The event hasn't even happened yet so saying it's shitty already makes no sense. Maybe we can start discussing what a good Lolita cruise would entail?
>>
File: 1494630292091.jpg (23KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1494630292091.jpg
23KB, 225x225px
>>9521101
Is there no dress code for these kinds of events?
>>
>>9521114
'richfags' made this thread to try to bait 'poorfags' by calling things delightfully middle class
>>
>>9521112
Sure, we can talk about the cramped spaces that people will be shoved into or like

>>9521052
Said how it probably won't be the only event ongoing and how unpleasant that will be.

Or would you like to talk about how people are complaining about the prices?

>>9521114
>good
>cruise

But this is the real world anon.
>>
>>9521103
A bit touchy about not having earned a cent of your money?
People overpay all the time, but no one actively brags about it except kids who want to show off how rich they think they are
>>
>>9521123
>not having earned a cent of your money

Mighty presumptuous and mighty innacurate of you. Also I said nothing about wanting to overpay. Please stop reaching.
>>
>>9521009
>>9521083
>>9521103
>Talk to me about ~fancy~ when you've been to an event with a ticket that costs more than $300.
>I've never been on a cruise because I wouldn't lower myself to that.
>It's a shitty event just like any other shitty event.
jfc then why do you care so much? I'm not particularly interested in cruises, but I'm not about to slam the event before it even happens. Let them take the risk if they want to. You're not attending nor have you ever had firsthand experience on a cruise in the first place, so what are you trying to accomplish here? If you were trying to portray yourself as a pretentious cunt, congratulations.
>>
>>9521151
>what are you trying to accomplish here

I couldn't really tell you, have a discussion with facts maybe? Like one would normally do in threads? Is that okay with you mom?

>If you were trying to portray yourself as a pretentious cunt, congratulations

Oh no, a user on an anonymous image board things I'm being a pretentious cunt for sharing my opinion, whatever shall I do to repair my shattered ego?
>>
>>9521154
iS tHaT oKaY wItH yOu MoM
>>
>finally get a thread discussing my comm's events
>nothing but complaining about food poisoning and poorfags
welp
>>
>>9521158
You know you've got a pretty rock solid argument when all people can come up with is shitty memes to respond to you. Thanks for the affirmation.
>>
>>9521101
The girl wearing blue in the middle has a youtube video about this event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imYmbq74K2c
>>
>>9521162
Honestly coming from cosplay it's amazing how much salt and drama lolita generates on here
>>
File: IMG_9451.jpg (48KB, 376x603px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9451.jpg
48KB, 376x603px
>>9521163
>>
>>9520943
Description says there's going to be dancing?
>>
>>9521186
BELLY DANCING
>>
>>9521202
I hope there's a plate of starburst
>>
>>9521122
clearly you've never been on a Disney cruise

Celebs like Neil Patrick Harris go on Disney cruises but yeah they're totes for poorfags
>>
>>9521238
Disney cruises are also known for being garbage. Honestly NPH is tacky and low class despite being a celeb so I am NOT surprised.
>>
All this talk of food poisoning makes you guys sound super paranoid. You can easily get food poisoning from cheesecake and people still shovel that down. And for >>9521106
that can easily happen on a restaurant too. Not everyone that works in those are saints. I think was a big problem is that some people get "sea sick" easily. It doesn't excuse every time someone gets sick, but it does for some symptoms.
>>
>>9521083
This is the line where I have to say baito desu
>>
>>9521154
Okay but you've never once stated a fact
>>
>>9521080
Not to mention upper middle class is between $100k-300k a year depending on what resource you use. I challenge anyone under 25 telling me they make over six figures a year by their mf self.
>>
>>9521253
I have, you must be pretty delusional to deny them.

>>9521247
Yeah, sea sick, that's why you see "NOROVIRUS ON CRUISE SHIP" plastered over the news and boats having people quarantined huh? Because people are sick from the motion of the boat :)
>>
>>9521247
It's not just "food poisoning" with stomach cramps and nausea or getting seasick, it's shit like the norwalk virus where you're puking and shitting blood at the same time sooooo, yeah, you know, maybe there's a perfectly good reason to be super paranoid.

Cruises are super fucking shady, especially when they go through international waters and can get away with shit, it's difficult to pin down crimes or make arrests even with interpol.

Also being on a cruise just sounds fucking terrible, I would hate to feel confined like that, especially if something were to go wrong like getting sick.
>>
>>9521286
Thank you for having common sense and the ability to do research anon.
>>
>>9521167
This honestly doesn't look that bad. But it sounds like this girl was one of the organizers so... she could be faking a positive spin?
>>
>>9521290
idk she's a mod so she makes videos like this for a lot of meetups. Hard to tell.
>>
ITT a bunch of people who don't seem to know the difference between a dinner cruise and a cruise vacation
>>
>>9521305
Both are pretty low class and likely to give you stomach issues

>not having a friend with a private yacht to go on
>>
>>9521271
Nayrt but I mean I know plenty who do. It really depends on where you live anon.
>>
>>9521327
But th-that's IMPOSSIBLE!! Nobody into the same hobby as me can make good money just because I work at burger king DX!!!
>>
>>9521327
>>9521331
What career pays over 300k or even 100k in your early twenties then?
Lawyers and professional degrees don't graduate until around 25. Unless you have loaded parents with connections or they got you into an ivy league school, you aren't making enough to be even upper middle class until your mid 20s to early 30s.
>>
>>9521338
None that you'll ever get, you either have to be smart or pretty.
>>
>>9521341
That doesn't answer the question.
>>
>>9521341
Ah yes I forgot, /cgl/, the home of models and self-made businessmen. Although, you probably mean whores and camgirls
>>
>>9521154
>is that okay with you mom
This is a really funny Freudian slip coming from someone trying to pretend they're not 16 living off of their parents' money
>>
Y'all this is obviously a troll post just let it die
>>
>>9521349
>I'm offended so I will take what is clearly sarcasm and pretend it's literal

I'm sorry you're this upset.

>>9521348
You really don't know that location impacts salary?
>>
File: okthen.png (930KB, 1920x663px) Image search: [Google]
okthen.png
930KB, 1920x663px
>>9521005
>kind of fancy

Yeah, okay. You must be a super poorfag if you think this is fancy.
>>
If sperg-chan isn't a troll then it's 100% a nouveau riche bitch. This behavior always comes from people who were poor their entire lives and felt inferior, so when they finally have some spending money they make sure to burn it on the most pointless expensive shit and use it as a way to feel superior to others.
>>
>>9521360
That's what i've been saying.
>>
>>9521360
Company cafeteria chic.
>>
File: 1427376314796.png (176KB, 615x494px) Image search: [Google]
1427376314796.png
176KB, 615x494px
>>9521375
You sound poor
>>
>>9521358
Kek, no, I got that it was a joke. Just very telling phrasing. I don't personally think $80 or even $300 is too much for a nice event, but the way you're shitting up the thread trying to come off as fancy and high class is, ironically, making you come off as childish and low class instead, and it's annoying to read.
>sage
>>
>>9521375
Agreed. This is the same shit B-chan was doing in the cakes & couture threads, maybe she's trying to shit up all other event threads to make hers seem normal by comparison?
>>
>>9521397
>implying C&C wasn't a total shit show on its own

Please stop
>>
>>9521398
That's not what I'm implying at all, I fully agree it was a trainwreck. I'm saying it's weird that this event hasn't even happened yet and there's someone bragging on and on about how much money she likes to spend arguing for hours that it'll be terrible. I was kind of kidding about it being B-chan, but it's definitely strange, vendetta-y behavior.
>>
>>9521407
It's not strange to call a spade a spade. Charging people $60 - $70 to basically sit in a boat cafeteria? That's C&C level bullshit. Even Paradiso tickets only go up to like $75 and that's two days
>>
>>9521394
I know that you got it, that's why I said pretend. Jesus why do none of you know how to read?
>>
>>9521424
Guess we'll find out on Saturday
>>
I remember doing a dinner cruise with my dad in SF. It was pretty nice, but the captain was a sadistic dillhole. Right after the dessert course had been served, he swung the fucking boat a full 180 degrees underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. I felt like my soul was going to leave my body.

Basically what I'm saying is bring Dramamine if you're going to this event.
>>
>>9521167
I wish my comm wasn't so poor and do something cool like this. The boat looks really small though. And the editing in the video is bizarre.
>vlog about your meet
>spend half the time on awkward coord shots
>>
>>9521167
This is so cringey
>>
>>9521513
Tbf the boat in the video is different than the boat theyll be on this year. Theyll have actual space on a larger ship than a dinky lil tug boat with plastic chairs.
>>
>>9521101
Kek at the straw tricorn and string boob cage coord
>>
>>9521708
Or so you hope.
>>
>>9521360
I think the argument about cruise trips being low class is pretty silly. On the other hand, that's a conference room.

Was there not another boat available?
>>
>>9521746
She wasn't trying to wear Lolita, she was just there with a friend
>>
This meetup is awesome! A giant lolita party. Alcoholic drinks. Dancing. Legit good food. Good raffle. Barely any itas this year. Its great. Best meetup.
>>
>>9522114
inb4 anon returns with "well it may not be LOLITA but she still looks POOR, straw is for the PEASANTS"

>>9523418
Deets
>>
This thread died down really fast, so I'm going to assume that it wasn't a total shitshow or we would've heard something by now.
>>
>>9521286
this is a short river cruise, anon
>>
Someone who went post coords.
>>
>>9523418
Did you really go or are you just larping? Hopefully the meetup went as well as you reported, and not just for "cruiseships are for poorfags" anon to shut up.
>>
>>9521241
shut your whore mouth
>>
>>9521318
>not having your own private yacht
pleb
>>
>>9526253
>Not owning your own private resort island
>>
Some of the people from pics look cringe.
>inb4 post the pic, I'm on mobile. Fb won't let me save it
>>
Lol at all the southern white trash going on about how cruises are totally not trashy because Disney

I don't care how much you make a year, cruises nowadays are trashy. They're just cheap slow moving hotels that isolate you in the middle of the sea so you can blow all your money inside their stores shopping or gambling. At best they drop you off into a polluted third world port where the company owns every "attraction" and tourist trap you'll waddle into. Imagine paying to go into a hotel where you can't leave the lobby or pool and you have to stay there for days at a time.

I'm going to guess that none of us here has the kind of money that goes into a real luxury cruise that's the modern day equivalent of what cruises were in the Victorian era, which now usually means a private yacht and a private crew and an itinerary you control. You want a luxury egl cruise, that'd be it. A sad floating lobby with stained carpet and the smell of mold and last nights prom vomit isn't it.

(Also, it bring a river cruise just makes it trashier. What is wrong with the south? What are they going to do, go bare hand fishing for catfish in their burando? Does Baby make hunter camo and a GIT R DUN headbow?)
>>
>>9526442
While I hate cruises with a fiery passion, I recently went on a Disney concierge level one ( think 30k for 5 people ) and it definitely was not trashy.
At least this is a creative meet up idea compared to most and I'm excited to actually see some pics.
>>
>>9526442
my dream is to be able to go on one of those cruises for ladies who like ladies. it seems like a great time if you have something in common with the other guests.

you sound so mad but what's weird is you probably weren't even able to go, so I don't know why you're so mad. Do what you like to do with your comm. I wouldn't expect a different region's comm to cater to my tastes.
>>
>>9526442
This is some Grade A bait, you even got two serious replies
>>
>>9525126
>>9526181

Waiting for this too. Shouldn't there at least be people who know the girls who went and can mooch a couple of pics off their FB? I'm expecting some better quality coords since half the anons here are arguing it's a decent quality cruise.
>>
>>9526476
>cruises for ladies who like ladies.
You got me interested.
Lesbian gull cruise when?
But I would probably be too shy to attend especially since I got told I "look bi" and not dyke enough
>>
>>9526190
No I went. It was seriously FUN! We had a legit photographer, more people showed up in excellent brand coords this year. The food was delicious, it was a legit meal--they even had a desert course. I will definitely go back next year. Was the best meetup I have attended.
The boat was clean, had good A/C, and had a dance floor. It was great having the option to drink as most meetups do not have alcohol. All-n-all I highly recommend it.
>>
>>9526181
>>
File: Norovirus-outbreaks-1.jpg (25KB, 270x208px) Image search: [Google]
Norovirus-outbreaks-1.jpg
25KB, 270x208px
>>9521005
>Spirit of Norfolk

Spirit of Norwalk more like.
>>
>>9520951
how would a lower middle class family afford a fucking cruise
>>
>>9527193
There was an episode of the simpsons about it so it must be true.
>>
>>9527193
cruises are cheap af compared to traveling abroad so it's more obtainable for that class of family and is therefore the go to.

>>9527195
It's actually multiple shows that have joked about it.
>>
>>9527195
>>9527197
Maybe it's different in the US, a cruise here costs a ton, it's unheard of to go on a cruise unless you have a fuckhuge pension lump sum.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.