[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things you want to die at cons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 20

File: tumblr_ochs29JoDl1s0up5po2_1280.jpg (320KB, 1280x1142px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ochs29JoDl1s0up5po2_1280.jpg
320KB, 1280x1142px
What are some things you're tired of seeing at cons and want to have die out?

What are some things you'd like to see more of?

I'd kill for Eevee evo cosplays to die the fuck out. They're everywhere and overdone. "I wanna be a battle armor, sailor scout, belly dancer, princess dress, or hipster Eevee"

I kind of want dance groups to come back. Not like a small idol group like love live to do a dance, like where people used to play songs from current anime and do the dances from them. I made one of my closest friends from one of those to the Lucky Star opening.
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 736x981px
>pic related
This shit. I'm tired of seeing booths only selling sprites like this.

The fact that they just copypaste sprites makes it even worse at LEAST make your own original sprites if you're going to be selling nothing but that.
And people actually buy these.
>>
>>9520172
These are the stupidest things ever, how can you even call that a craft? It's literally shit a 5 year old could do.
>>
>>9520172
I think all perler beads should be melted down and poured over people that do nothing but this. I hate getting denied a table at a con where I make decent interesting unique stuff because of capacity while shit like this is guaranteed slots because they were there before.
>>
>>9520172
Oh god these, that Fennekin looks like shit
>>
File: i-WmsBnh7-XL.jpg (294KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
i-WmsBnh7-XL.jpg
294KB, 1024x683px
>>9520172
I tend to excuse people who make perlers if they're like, 13-14 and are obviously vending for the first time at a convention. They usually have one or two prints of their actual art that they're not confident enough to fully invest in and that's fine. I can overlook that. I've seen plenty of good artists move past their perler phase and focus more on art that requires time and effort.

What I can't stand is people pushing this shit WHEN THEY'RE NEARING THEIR GODDAMN 30'S.
>>
>>9520172
There were not one, but two different stalls at the AAs here that did perler beads and nothing but. One was small stuff like keychains and earrings, mostly the pokesprites, another did huge pieces mostly from retro games. Somehow they tabled alleys in the biggest con in the country with no problem for years. idk if they still do (i'm not a huge congoer anymore) but I always thought it was bizarre. That said, there are a few artists in the alley of cons here that were 100% ripping off other people/little known official art and they just got away with it.
>>
>>9520172
Would people think the same of cross-stitch?
>>
Me.
>>
>>9520200
Cross stitch actually takes at least an ounce of work and artistry. I appreciate well done and unique cross stitch, my friend does it along with fancy embroidery to make really cool blankets. I think that's what irritates me about perlers, it takes Zero brain power to do and what's the point of it? What do you do with a bunch of plastic? I mean you could probably use them as nifty coasters but that's above it. It's just so useless.
>>
weeaboos
>>
>>9520172
They are ok if it is actually something creative, but the copy/paste stuff is trash.
>>
>>9520239
One table at my con does neat 3d pieces with it. Like small piggy banks in the shape of squares, or light up ones that were neat. Other than that I've never really liked them. I remember how easy they are to break when not done right and I rarely see any that are reinforced.
I would be tempted if it was something from a game or anime with little merch. Like a Mr. Saturn but I love the Mother series a lot.
>>
File: tetris_love_cross_stitch.jpg (83KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
tetris_love_cross_stitch.jpg
83KB, 500x358px
>>9520239
And it's a more durable product. A nice framed piece of embroidery looks better on a wall than melted plastic. I made something like this for my husband early in our dating years and feel like we could keep it hanging when we're grandparents. Crosstitching has a timelessness that is lacking in 95% of AA art.
>>
>>9520239
Agreed. It's fine if people put a little creativity into it. I've seen ones that are made into 3D models or shadow boxes. Things that you know, take time and effort.

Cross stitch and embroidery take way more time than perlers do. I have perlers that I make for fun and to do a decent sized perler maybe takes me an hour. An embroidery takes much much longer than that. Most people selling copy perlers dont have that much patience.

I have brought a few perler things to cons as table filler but 1 they were my own designs and 2 I sold them dirt cheap.
>>
>>9520197
I've never seen 13-14 year olds selling perler shit at my cons. It's *always* the 30 year old guys
>>
>>9520197
....I can't hate on this. The crafts look well made and she actually looks proud of it. She seems like a sweet woman.
>>
>>9520412
>She seems like a sweet woman.

Wut
>>
File: 42692440.jpg (403KB, 1275x1750px) Image search: [Google]
42692440.jpg
403KB, 1275x1750px
So what kind of crafts do you want to see more of at cons? I really like these kinds of papercutting art but I never see it at cons.
>>
>>9520197
is that a fat pony in the upper left corner?

>if they're like, 13-14 and are obviously vending for the first time at a convention
people that young get to sell stuff in your country?
>>
>>9520540
I'm in the US and yeah so long as they get adult supervision in some form. They're not allowed to register for the tables themselves but I've seen plenty sell stuff with older siblings babysitting. (I used this same method when I was 16 lol)
>>
File: maude.png (147KB, 895x893px) Image search: [Google]
maude.png
147KB, 895x893px
>>9520540
No it's Maude Pie with just a weird interpretation of her hair
>>
File: IMG_1844.jpg (84KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1844.jpg
84KB, 639x960px
>>
>>9520581
At least she's got the right amount of under-boob showing unlike most cosplayers, but yeah I'd like to see less of Yoko and Kamina as the default skin showing cosplays. There's plenty of sexy anime characters for guys and gals, pick something new.
>>
>>9520592
That would require them to actually watch Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>9520581

Who is this melon felon?
>>
Less obnoxious bandwagon cosplays and obnoxious panels.

More focus on the performance competitions at some cons, because it feels like they are often moved to a smaller stage or put in an inconvenient time slot while the whole "walk out on stage and twirl" thing gets so much more attention.
>>
>>9520140
These threads, for starters.
>>
>>9521006
On one hand I agree with you, but on the other, all of the performance skits I've ever seen were Secondhand Embarrassment: The Sequel. Part of me kinda wants competitions to do away with the entire skit segment.
>>
>>9520994
Melon? Those are more like mangoes pointing downward.
>>
>>9520581
I haven't seen more than one or two Yokos at a con in years. Ya'll can stop complaining about this one.
>>
>>9520458
Are you sure that's paper cut art? It just looks like a panel from the manga.
>>
File: IMG_1851.jpg (85KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1851.jpg
85KB, 421x600px
>>9521078
How about these?
>>
>>9520412
I used to know this woman. Don't feel bad for her, she used to attack people in a group I was in if they ever decided to sell perler bead ponies that looked even slightly like hers.
>>
>>9521242
...how many ways are there to make perler bead ponies?
>>
I'm so sick of seeing the same fucking clean, crisp, saturated digital art style that cater to what's popular. I'll admit that I'm a biased elitist Nazi when it comes art and there are very good digital artists out there that make interesting content. But goddamn! This also goes out to the artist with a Patreon that draws different characters with same blank expression/pose over and over...
>>
>>9520197
Okay but WHERE THE FUCK SHE GOT A FLUFFLE PUFF???
>>
In character panels.

I swear the moment I walk into a panel and I see all the panelists dressed up to talk in character I turn right the fuck around.
You guys can't act
You sound nothing like them
You barely got the gist of the costume
You aren't clever enough to have more than 1 funny joke in a 30 minute period

I've never been to a good in character panel run by attendees and I've been hitting up cons for almost 20 years. Stop it. Either do your panel on a thoughtful round up of the show maybe with some trivia and fun stuff to give away or leave the panel time open for people who will actually do a good job and use the time wisely.

Ex. I went to a Voltron panel at Momocon looking for fun times. I got through about 3 minutes of their unfunny improv and walked out. I cannot believe people still try this and that cons let them.
>>
>>9520239
I have a lovely cross stitch piece my bff made for my wedding. I love it and it took way more effort and skill than perler beads. They make a nice craft for my preschooler though.
>>
>>9521110
It's a manga panel lmao
>>
>>9521356
I thought the same thing for the longest time but the Steven universe sing along panel at Momo did a fucking great job and characterization was on point. But its most likely anomily
>>
>>9520232
Same.
>>
>>9520197
The ones on the top right look pretty good desu.
>>
>>9521693
True, and if they were just a little side thing with actual art making up the rest of the table, I'd be just fine with them. It's the fact that the whole table is just shitty bead art and the fact you always see tables that are exactly like that at just about every con that bugs me.
>>
File: 57156171_p0.jpg (2MB, 1961x2898px) Image search: [Google]
57156171_p0.jpg
2MB, 1961x2898px
>>9521110
>>9521392
It is actually, check out the 切り絵 tag on pixiv or google it. People recreate images using papercutting, and some of it is really impressive. I would gladly buy something like this that someone hand cut at an artists alley.
>>
>>9520239
Cross stitch is still very easy. Free embroidery is a different deal
>>
>>9520172
I get so irrationally angry when people on Pinterest repin my cross-stitch and knitting colour charts to perler boards. I wish it was possible to pre-emptively block them.

>>9522036
True, cross-stitch is probably the easiest fibre craft out there. It still takes more time and finesse than perlershit, produces a much better result than perlershit and isn't actually a toy meant for small children.
Perler 'art' being sold at conventions is like someone printing lineart they found on the internet, bashing some crayons against the paper and then charging $15 for it because it took them 5 minutes of their day and they stayed mostly within the lines. Cute when it's a little kid, absolutely pathetic when it's an adult.
>>
>>9521356
I went to watch one once a few years ago, cringed so hard I almost formed a singularity. All I can think of is that Combat Cringe video on YouTube with the four betas battling.
>>
Koreaboos and merch sections for Koreaboos. They are mostly just here for the rave picking up girls because they think the Hallyu is hot shit yet still asian enough to participate. You could spot them from a mile away.

That said I wish Johnnys or LDH would bring some of their lesser known heartthrobs over.
>>
>>9522032
I don't see this any impressive, just recreating something already made. Goes to the same category with the perler shit. And I have a hunch these manga panels are just laser cutted
>>
>>9522284
Difference is that paper cutting with scissors takes a lot of practice and skill. Try it. It's definitely not easy to make something so detailed, whereas perler shit is literally a children's toy 'craft' invented so that parents can keep their kids quiet for an hour or so.
If it's laser cut then you have a point, and it would be nicer if people did original art, but scissor paper art isn't on par with perler shit at all.
>>
>>9522275
Koreaboos are just hipster weeaboos. They're still Asian fetishists. But, honestly, they're no big deal. They want K-pop merch and usually still like anime.
>>
>>9520581
Problem?
>>
File: X-Acto-knife.jpg (187KB, 3000x900px) Image search: [Google]
X-Acto-knife.jpg
187KB, 3000x900px
>>9522299
>scissors
not to ruin your dream, but that's not what they're using
>>
>>9522377
The paperart people I've seen doing custom silhouettes on the spot were all using scissors.
>>
>>9522384
no, theyre right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I794eR2hjBA
>>
>>9521648
>SU
>sing along
>in-character
Anon get some taste.
>>
>>9522370
>want K-pop merch
Then buy it online
>still like anime
Great but don't bring your other unrelated interests in.

Then again I'm a purist who wants all non-Japanese shit out of anime cons.
>>
>>9521648
Was that the SU panel that was organised by BNFs and ended up attracting Pearl's actual VA? I feel like BNFs inherently have enough charisma to collect a significant number followers, which translates into being able to manage an hour-long panel with humor and riffing.
>>
>>9520253
As someone who does cross-stitch, I can only dream of making something that cute for someone I love someday. I really hope you do have it on the wall when you're in the wooden-rockers-on-the-porch stage of life. Best wishes, you two.
>>
D. Va and Mie cosplayers needed to die day one.

>Buy shitty morph suit of D. Va.
>Pint nerf gun pink.
>Slap some carboard on to headphones.
>TEE HEE DON'T HIT ON ME SILLY BOYZ!

>Everyone thinks Mei is thicc because one picture of her early concept art showed her with huge tits and Blizzard can't rig for shit anymore.
>Every 400 lbs whale wears black leggings and blue spaghetti top with horrible blue painted trash bin on their back because "FINALLY A CHARACTER WITH MY BODY TYPE! DON'T HIT ON ME SILLY BOYZ! BODY SHAMMER BEWARE!"
>>
>>9523658
I don't even mind chubby Meis, I just hate how people always take the lazy way out, it makes them look so much worse. You're not even a fat cosplayer anymore, you're a shitty fat cosplayer.
>>
>>9520140
is the op pic supposed to be something you want to "die out" i think theyre cute and well made desu i wouldnt mind seeing pokemon eggs at local cons
>>
>>9520239
i do cross stitches and the average pokemon takes me about 2-3 days. It's a good alternative to perlers but if you're trying to make money off it, it's a bit tough because no one really wants to pay more than $15 for one. 10+ hours for $15 isn't really a good exchange, but charging more just isn't practical.
>>
>>9520140
Okay those eggs are really cute and I'd absolutely be willing to buy one if I saw it at a con
>>
>>9520140
>things you want to die at cons
me
>>
>>9523702
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>9520140
I agree with you about the Eevee evo cosplays, but only because I want other Pokemon gijinkas to get some spotlight time (and not just Charizards and Pikachus)

The best gijinkas I've seen in person were a Vanilluxe and a Ho-Oh. But I'm sure those cosplayers got virtually no attention since they weren't showing tits with colorful rabbit ears on
>>
>>9523840
There are a fuckton of pokemon the fact that the same 9 dog/fox things get done over and over makes me not even want to catch/raise them in my games anymore.Pikachu I can understand because it's the mascot and it's usually just normalfags doing it, no huge 50+ hour costume there unless it's a mascot suit. Hell I don't even see Charizard a lot.

>>9523694
I had no other eevee related pic to use for it. Would buy the shit out of that Togepi egg.
>>
>>9520172
I have a friend who does these and other shit as a side hustle at cons. They are relatively low overhead and time to make and continue to sell well. Y'all don't realize there comes a point in your life where you just say fuckit I need some more to get by.
>>
>>9523658
I don't mind fatties getting in on something, but the sheer laziness that has come with it has taken effort to an all-time low.

But yeah Mei's suit just makes her look bigger than she actually is.
>>
>>9524467
>Implying there aren't a ton of non-fat cosplays that are already lazy as fuck

Nothing unique about lazy Mei cosplayers except their weight.
>>
The sex toys that get sold at cons.
>>
>>9520172
As a perler "artist" I can say the only reason I've done it for so long is that people keep buying this shit.
I've tried branching out with other crafts but they don't sell as well as the sprites
>>
>>9524576
That's allowed?
>>
>>9524750
Maybe they mean collars and tails? I only have my local con but I feel like there would be a lot more horror stories from artist alley threads if people sold full on fuck toys
>>
>>9524734
Seriously? Who the hell buys those things?
>>
>>9525008
Plenty of people. Usually not monstrous sized ones like the pony booth. People like shit that's affordable and they recognize. I've seen Perley booths clean out by early Saturday at big cons.
>>
>>9520197
The sprites that were stolen from the top right specifically state they're intended for non-profit use.
People feel like stealing art from games is okay somehow, it doesn't surprise me they have the same lack of regard for fan-made.
>>
>>9525008
>Seriously? Who the hell buys those things?

Kiddos with limited funds, which is to say...almost all kids. They come to a con with like $25-40 in their pocket after they buy a badge. They can't afford big ticket items so they go with little things they can decorate their little rooms with.

I sell more expensive stuff and who did I get at my booth? Adults. No kids bought anything over $15. The adults went for the expensive shit cause they could.
>>
>>9525508
When I was a broke kid I went for buttons and stickers. Things people took skill to draw. Hell even my younger bro knew to go with buttons at his first con cause they're gonna last longer than a thing of ironed plastic beads
>>
>>9525508
>>9525625
To be fair back in the day, acrylic charm and time-efficient button and sticker services weren't around, so perlers were something that wasn't a print that kids could buy.
>>
File: onepunch.jpg (23KB, 480x474px) Image search: [Google]
onepunch.jpg
23KB, 480x474px
Poor Hygiene Habits

Less common now, but I used to Hate Home Stuck and Death Note cosplays of the Humans. Anything that is just some shit pulled out of your closet with no regard for detail and time spent
>>
>>9525625
Meh when I was a broke kiddo I liked perlers because I played a ton of old Final Fantasy and Megaman. Having the sprites was cool and no one else was really making stuff for them.
>>
>>9521335
>gotta sell what is popular
would kill for some creativity in art or atleast have art that is too buissy

does anyone landscape anymore?
>>
>>9522596
Yeah, not going to happen. There's too many secondary and ternary interests for an Anime con to become "pure". Even the very concept of cosplaying is American. (The earliest recorded concept of cosplay was at 1984 World Con in Los Angeles, CA).
>>
>>9533122
Bitch Star Trek aired in 1966 and you're going to claim people weren't dressing up as fictional characters until the 80s?

You're just talking about the word which was coined by a Japanese man (Nobuyuki Takahashi) while visiting and American con.

I think it's stupid that people have to designate what is and isn't cosplay sometimes because in Japan its used for anytime you're wearing a costume for anything that's not a play or a costume party. My point is simply trying to claim that the concept of dressing up in a costume is somehow more American than Japanese is dumb.
>>
>>9522275
I wish this trend of koreaboos cosplaying their idols would also stop. Can't walk around a con without seeing a white girl having taped her eyes to look more asian nowadays.
>>
File: costuming in 1939.jpg (33KB, 231x570px) Image search: [Google]
costuming in 1939.jpg
33KB, 231x570px
>>9533122
Here you go buddy, his costume was inspired by Metropolis.
>>
>>9520140
I'm a purist so

>No disney cosplayers
>No "nerd movies XD" cosplayers
>No "real people" cosplaying (KPOP stars etc)
>No meme cosplayers (it's 20 fucking 17, I still see ragefaces)
>No childrens movie cosplayers

Annoying shit in general

>As anon said, sprites in perler beads. Get some creativity. Complicated designs are ok.
>People selling non-related anime stuff (harry potter gadgets etc, it's HP still relevant?)
>People dragging you in their group photos if you're a character of the same fandom
>Shitty naruto ramen sellers
>"Children's Corner" with Minions etc. For me, cons should be allowed only by 12 years old and up
>Cosplay contest. Really, it annoys me the fuck out. You get on a stage, put effort on a costume and memorize the acting only by getting judged by people who never sew anything and win a plastic cup, Good job. (at least, here they're that way)
Plus they're usually so crowded that if you want to go to another section of the con, you have to squish between people.
>Mothers with strollers because Comics = kids! XD (yes, I've seen them)
>People changing in the bathrooms. What the fuck.

Sorry for my bad english, I live in pizzaland.
>>
>>9540382
I think you're angry about way too many things and should relax more
>>
File: cosplay-babies-finn.jpg (68KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cosplay-babies-finn.jpg
68KB, 500x375px
>>9540382
>For me, cons should be allowed only by 12 years old and up

I love cosplaying babies too much for this.
>>
>>9540387
No rage will leave me if cons keep up that way
>>9540393
Anon, Cons aren't the right ambient for a baby. They're loud, crowded and in general, baby strollers take up so much space that is impossible to go to a con like that.
Do a favor to yourself and the kids : stay at home if nobody can watch your child.
(Not talking about you directly, in general)
>>
Please leave babies at home. A convention is the shittiest environment for a kid and it makes you look selfish af.
>>
>>9523728
Lol like Lonlon london?
>>
>>9540382
>>No disney cosplayers
Some are fine, but doing the princesses is braindead. Disney cosplay should be discouraged rather than banned, same with all overly popular cosplays.
>>No "nerd movies XD" cosplayers
Define these more. We might agree.
>>No childrens movie cosplayers
This will be hard to define, simply because we're dealing with anime.
When is something a kid's show?
>>
>>9540396
Yeah, this. Plus the baby in >>9540393 looks fuckin spooked
>>
>>9540718
>Disney Cosplays
Princesses and AUs. Laziest thing you could ever do.
>Nerd movies and shows
Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Hunger Games
Whatever thing that doesn't come from a comic or anything related, just a show or a movie that's popular
>Children Movies
I've seen Peppa Pigs, Paw Patrol
You know, shows that are for infants.
>>
I'm prejudiced towards Tumblr so less everything Tumblr likes.
>>
>>9524992
Nope, eggs and vibrators.
>>
>>9540731
You ever been around a baby? Babies make the dumbest faces for no reason. If he was really spooked he's be crying.
>>
>>9540382
>Strollers

I don't mind when the kids in them are calm. However, I've sen so many overstimulated, tired, hungry, ignored children at cons and it makes me sad. Pay for childcare if you don't want to deal with your kid but also want to go to a con.
>>
>>9540396
>>9540682
I don't have children. Tbh the escorted kids in daylight hours don't bug me as much as the preteens and young teens running wild around the con until the late-night closing. Do their parents just drop them off for the weekend or something? Christ.
>>
>>9540796
Tbh I prefer teens around than kids
Because babies mean :
One parent that couldn't care less of the con, bringing their baby because "They will have fun!" in a stroller.
And this leads to the mother running around with the stroller, forcing her way with the already crowded people or wanting "easy" access at the bathroom because of the kids.
Kids have no choice, they're babies, but curse the mothers who bring them in such a place.
It's not a matter of education, it's a matter of common sense.
If I'm in line for something, you don't get to pass first because "you're a mother and you child cannot stand a line", you get to stay at home.
Plus, little kids run around, you know how much it's easy to lose your kid?
Jesus, why would you even think stuff like "I'm going to bring my 2 year old child to an event that's clearly not for him, loud and crowded and using the stroller to make up my way"
Also, I've seen parents running away with their child crying because of horror cosplays. Nice way to waste 25€ on tickets, assholes.
>>
>>9520581
fight me you anti-spiral normie >:L L L
>>
>>9523702
great taste m8
>>
>>9522571
I was actually fully engrossed in this... think I found what I'm about to waste my night watching
>>
>>9523658
Let's add crappy spider-man suits from zentai zone and rpc studio to this morph suit list
>>
>>9540736
Agree on all points then.
You're okay.
>>
>>9540382
>People changing in the bathrooms. What the fuck.
Holy shit this. The lines for the toilets are always so long because people take forever changing into their costume. Don't most cons provide actual changing rooms now? Surely they're a lot more cleaner to get changed in.
>>
>>9540808
I wholly agree
I always assume people (usually mothers, wonder why) who pull that are simply bad parents. I also wholly hate strollers with a passion. You either should strap the kid to you if they can't walk or just wait until they can walk on their own to take them to something remotely close to a convention.
Conventions are usually 99.9% inside: they don't even have the "keep their babies out of the sun" excuse.

Really I want to get rid of the "popular cosplayer" superfans. Like the people who seriously think cosplay guests at conventions are a good thing.
>>
File: Are you serious.png (93KB, 221x328px) Image search: [Google]
Are you serious.png
93KB, 221x328px
>>9520140
Where can I purchase the OP picture pillow eggs?
>>
>>9542353
I sadly can't remember. I think I saved it as a cute prop idea cause I make plushies but never bothered with it. The basic pattern probably wouldn't be too bad, take a 4 or 6 piece ball pattern and mod one side to be rounder and one to be pointier.

>>9542244
I will forever remember the people you see at cons comic with the line "I hope your child gets kicked in the face" every time I see a kid in a stroller.
>>
>>9542353
Reverse image searched them, Follylolly on Storenvy is where to get them
>>
File: rip.jpg (64KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
64KB, 500x383px
>>9521356
ugh, same. Improv shows at anime cons make me sad, angry, and cringe at the same time. They don't seem to understand the basic rules of improv. It always seems to be a bunch of awkward closet cosplayers trying very hard to plug in anime/video game/gen. nerd references.

Watching professional improv theatres spoiled me.
>>
>>9520458
I wanna see more clothing/fashion options. Less shitty graphic tees and more patches/patched jackets, styled-up or referential y-shirts, maybe some shoes or pants with some detail work on them.

Although more practically, maybe some accessories components to regular clothing so you can customize your regular attire a little more. Stuff like buttons with characters painted on or subtle anime ties or the like.
>>
>>9542244
>Really I want to get rid of the "popular cosplayer" superfans. Like the people who seriously think cosplay guests at conventions are a good thing.

Same. I know they do it cause it's cheap. But just save up and instead of 7 cosplay guests bring in a manga-ka or something.
>>
I want cons to focus more on getting JP VAs. 99% of them are nobodies.

That said, I'd love to meet Tara Strong.
>>
>>9543750
I used to be a purist about these things until I made some anime friends who are dyslexic and subtitles are just not something they can deal with. Also deaf friends who obviously can't hear the voices either way but a lot of NA dub guests also do the translating and writing for the subtitles they do consume so there's that.
>>
>>9525812
Fuck off. I spend 500+ hours on my Saturday costume for a con, I'm going to wear a simple cosplay the rest of the days.
>>
>>9544063
No one said it can't be simple but serious fuck Human Stuck
>>
>>9544063
Don't most people either wear it all weekend or wear an old cosplay the other days?
>>
>>9544063
No hate here on people that want to wear their not as good costumes on Sundays, but you best bring out the best on Sat
>>
>>9521232

Replace that with the Suicide Squad booy shorts and t-shirt version and fucking yes.

It's not even the costume itself, so much as 99% of them think it gives them a free pass to act like an obnoxious fuckhead. Same with all Deadpool variants.
>>
>>9521335
Are you me? I seriously hate how artists nowadays draw whatever drawing style is popular. Not just them drawing fanart to sell their stuff, but artists drawing these awkward Steven Universe, half anime half Disney drawing styles in the hopes that'll make them popular.
>>
>>9520197
This stuff infuriates me to no end. I love the activity as a hobby and gifts for my friends but unless you're making a custom sprite, unique 3D object, or incredibly large piece, it's not worth the money these people are charging. If you want to use official game sprites then that's almost worse.
>>
The ironic badly done crossplay. It was funny when ManFaye did it, now it got old. Either be a fuckable trap or a manly muscley man or don't bother.
>>
>>9543666
I don't even care about guests all that much, I'm just tired of people defending cosplay waifu culture.
Like fap all you want, just don't pretend these cosplayers are actually accurate/good/care about the character.

t.oldfag who'd rather talk about the media that brings us together than whatever the fuck is going on in the cosplay community
>>
>>9546898
>t.oldfag who'd rather talk about the media that brings us together than whatever the fuck is going on in the cosplay community

Totally understand. I'm also oldfag and really really misses the late 90s and early 2000 con atmosphere. We were not there to look prettier than each other. We were there to talk to the 10 other people who love _____ 's character arc, meet 3 new life long friends, take a few pics, watch a new series, and then talk to 5 more people who love ______.
>>
Wasting space in the dealer's room for popular shit that has nothing to do with anime. The already small dealer's room at Colossalcon this year was 60% fucking fidget spinners.
>>
>>9520140
These threads, for starters
>>
>>9521006
So sick of idol dances in competitions!
>>
>>9540396
Actually some children do better with the noise. My son needs to be used to load crowded environments because his babysitter has to take him with her everywhere she goes. She goes to eat with him at restaurants often. It is good for children to be in busy environments.

Also for the fact if strollers, they can take up less space than people or for bigger strollers less space than a wheel chair.

Yes I'll be making my baby a costume and taking him to a con with me. I'm not going to give up all conventions because I won't let him be away from me for more than a couple hours. I'm a mom first and I know that there is nothing wrong with taking my child to conventions. I did skip several while waiting for him to be old enough and cancelled d-23 this year because I wanted him to have shots before his first con.

Oh and before anyone complains, I actually did massive amounts of research on child development studies showing that this environment can be a good thing.
>>
>>9540808
Ok I'll agree those moms don't need to be there. Whether you have a child or not you have to be courteous of others. I'll have my stroller with me at my next con because my son gets heavy. But he will mostly be in our arms. We will also have a hotel room for naps and diaper changes. We won't be pushing our way through and will be just as patient. My kid can sit in his stroller. No need to rush in first. I'll also be at a small con.
>>
>>9540382
>People dragging you in their group photos if you're a character of the same fandom

I enjoy this when it happens to me. Maybe that's just because JoJo.
>>
>>9552450
The Jojo fandom is chill though and usually doesn't have THOSE cosplayers.
>>
>>9552453
What fandom would have THOSE cosplayers?
Just out of curiosity.
>>
>>9552455
the current fad cosplays. Like when undertale was big, overwatch ect.

Though we ended up doing a mini zelda meet up one year cause my friends were all doing photos of our group and a few more links and zeldas showed up.
>>
>>9552466
Ah.

I guess JoJo cosplayers are unique in a way?

Generally speaking, nobody cares if your cosplay is shitty, your posing and goofiness matters more.

Because my cosplay was terrible since I didn't have a wig at the time, but everyone was cool with it.
>>
File: 10671035_hi.jpg (49KB, 564x761px) Image search: [Google]
10671035_hi.jpg
49KB, 564x761px
pic related, im tired of seeing girls specifically that just stuff a cheap party city wig on and wear a cheap or hp/dr who/supernatural/disney/whatever the fuck hot topic dress is trendy and show up like that to a con. jfc either dress up or wear normal clothes or some form of alt fashion (i dress up in lolita for cons) just please leave your shit tier costumes at home

also im fucking exhausted of harley quinn and deadpool and their 1000+ variations. understandable when their respective films came out, but its just old already
>>
>>9552455
Hetalia, MLP, Homestuck, AoT, Naruto at one point, Overwatch, LoL

That being said I think every fandom has few of them. Just that really unfortunate person who doesn't know how to put a costume together and has terrible social skills. Think they can get glompy and handsey just because you're dressed at their fave character and at a con.
>>
People who act like dicks when their characters are dicks. Like being in character is cool but don't be an asshole
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.